Speaker 1: That's what's good.
Speaker 2: Family. It's your girl to Mika d.
Speaker 3: Mallory and it's your boy my song the gentlemen, and we are.
Speaker 2: Your host of street Politicians.
Speaker 1: The place on the streets and politics.
Speaker 2: Me, mister Lennon, has been a good June teenth week.
Speaker 3: Yes, ma'am, very good, very good June teens, June teenth, shout out to you. You were honored at a Juneteenth event the other day and the Juneteenth Honors, and our sister mc like was the host of the night and she she was very educational. She gave a lot of different things educating people about Juneteenth that probably didn't know. If you didn't see the show, you should probably go check it out. It on FUSE channel.
Speaker 1: The night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Fuse TV, FEU TV. Go check the show out. Shout out to everybody who was honored. Chuck d was honored, my guy, my new.
Speaker 4: Best friend, well Herbie Handcott was also honored, yep.
Speaker 2: The president of Morris Brown College.
Speaker 3: President of Morris Brown College.
Speaker 2: I think. And then your new best friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, my new best friend, my boy Rohan Marley, who you know, we've been I've always admired him and respected that the legacy of the Mally's. But when we met it was like we were brothers.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: And his energy is dope. He a tourist just like myself.
Speaker 2: Who Rohan Marley is. You shouldn't just assume everybody Maley.
Speaker 3: Rohan Marley is the son of Barb you know, also the the father of Lauren Hill's children as well. So he and he's a dope. He's just a dope individual.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: His energy is on high. You know, we were in this hotel. He ran up to me like, yo, I loved everything you do, you know, and we just clicked from there. Man. And he's and he loves the party. He loves to have a good time.
Speaker 2: He didn't even party that much though, No.
Speaker 3: But he's just chilling. He just loves the energy. He just he's one of those people that has beautiful energy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We talked about a lot of different things. Man, So I really I really appreciate what it is.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say sorry, I'm loving my my little nuts that they left me and excuse me. I guess I don't know if he's supposed to say, youlltow nuts. But the little fruit and peanuts that they left me in the hotel. So I've been over there munching on him. So anyway, whatever that is so twenty year old ish okay, and you are so damn nippit telling about somebody's pause.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we ended up spending the evening with him and Hill Harper, who Hill Harper is a friend.
Speaker 2: Hill's already a friend.
Speaker 4: We love Hill, and Hill was the presenter for Rohan's award, and so all of us were there together.
Speaker 2: It was a great event.
Speaker 4: Ja Rul and Ashanti performed a whole concert at the end, their songs together, their individual songs. It was amazing. DJ had the people June teenth chilling, you know. And it was a good mixture at the event too, because you had the enjoyable things that we love our music, all of the craft, Leila Hathaway and her voice with one of the Wayian's sons.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly which one it is.
Speaker 4: I missed his name, but we're gonna find out because he has a powerful song that I would love for us to make sure we uplift.
Speaker 2: So it was like a lot of great things and the show people should really check it out on Fuse.
Speaker 4: But what I was gonna say about Rohan is I'm sure he does love to party because he comes from the Marley family, like they are a music family, a soul family, a party family, a turn up family.
Speaker 2: That's who they are, right.
Speaker 4: But he wasn't even partying so much as he likes to hold court. And that is the thing that I appreciate about some of about some of the men and people in general, because I love it about Cora masses Berry, which is the wife of the late Great Marion Barry DC Mayor. These are people who've had such experiences and or they come from such a legacy that when they're holding court they're able to draw you into their storytelling by telling you about things you don't know, giving you the history of stuff, telling you that we were talking about a whole different situation, and he had a whole other side to a conversation that we asked about and what it's. By the time he was finished explaining it, we laughed one like hell because he's hilarious.
Speaker 2: But also.
Speaker 4: Even though he was being funny, what he was saying was some real shit about like black people and how we always think somebody else's ice is colder than the ice that's right here. It's already freezing your drink, but you over there trying to get to do ice or the other people's ice or the clearer ice, instead of working with your own people. And even though he was saying funny things, when you think about the reality of his message, it's so true. And I love people like that, that they are able to articulate, make you laugh but also.
Speaker 2: Make you think.
Speaker 4: And so Rowan to me, I mean you, I've not met many Marley's, but I have been in rooms where there have been other family members of Bob Marley's, and one thing that is so clear is that that family is full of brilliant people. Like these people, they came from greatness, you know, and I think we we we got to see a lot of that up close and personal with Rohan.
Speaker 2: Your best.
Speaker 3: We gotta he said, he want to come on the show, so we gotta have him on the show. That'll be a dope in.
Speaker 2: And maybe he learned how to say June teenth, June.
Speaker 3: Tenth, June teenth, that that was the joke of the night. He said, I'm Jamaican, I can say June and teenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was really good. The event, it's great. Please check it out again.
Speaker 4: It's on fu TV and it's on demand now you can find the show.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful, beautiful moment.
Speaker 4: The Juneteenth Foundation presented Juneteenth Honors.
Speaker 2: This is their third year.
Speaker 4: And as you said, our sister mc lights was the.
Speaker 2: The the host.
Speaker 4: She also and the mc she was the host, and I guess what, mc light is also funny, so that it's gonna be it's gonna be a good show.
Speaker 2: So I well, it is a good show, so make sure you check it out.
Speaker 4: Also, I think I don't know if it was specifically a Juneteenth event, but my girlfriend, uh, someone who's also coordinated you being involved in a lot of black mail initiative stuff, especially with Lewis Carr, who has been the head of I think that the not chief marketing but the chief financial officer.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he raises massive money at b e T.
Speaker 4: He's in charge of like all the sponsorship dollars and and you know, the corporate partners and what have you at at b ET and she, Yvonne McNair, helped to facilitate you being involved with some of his black mail initiative work.
Speaker 2: Which they do every year.
Speaker 4: And she honored me at the Black Independence Awards, so you know, same time period Juneteenth, looking at our independence and emancipation, and it also was a very fabulous event. And you know, I think that I've been talking in all of my speeches for Juneteenth. I've been speaking for every day for the last two weeks about the Juneteenth Holiday and what it means. And I think the biggest message is this idea that still some of our people don't know that we're free right because of their conditions, because of what they experience every day, it sure doesn't feel like freedom, and there's so much more of a fight to go.
Speaker 2: We asked for reparations, they gave us a.
Speaker 4: Holiday, but it's our responsibility to take that holiday and turn it into the continuation of the fight for reparations. And I think that's the message, is that Juneteenth is not a day off, but it's a day on to get ourselves organized for the fight to make sure that for the fight, to make sure that what has happened to us on American soil, that there is repair for the damage, because certainly damage has been.
Speaker 1: Caused, definitely man.
Speaker 3: And this weekend was also Father's Day, you know, so shout out to Father's Day. I did two marches shout out to my boy Hunk Team Hunk in Harlem. We did a big rally to declare most of the basketball tournaments. We marched about a good twenty to thirty blocks to each to each of the tournaments that are going to be starting next week to declare them safe havens and you know, and to make sure that the kids are able to be safe out there. Don't want any guns, We don't want any violence, you know, and we wanted to declare that. So you know, we let a march on Saturday that did that and also shout out to my brother eighteen Mitchell.
Speaker 1: I was not able to actually be there, but he did.
Speaker 3: His annual Father's Day Walk which the mayor and others attended. You know, was suited and booted. Everybody was suited up, so that was a great event. You know, I usually go to his event, but I already obligated to be the marshal of this rally that we did, so, you know, shout out to him. And then on Father's Day Counselman Rally in the Bronx, we did a march there on Father's there Father's Day walk in which we did there. So it was it was a busy weekend just seeing strong men together with their children. You know, we celebrated us, the fathers celebrated each other man, So that was it was a dope weekend.
Speaker 2: That's as you should.
Speaker 4: So just make sure that folks are aware of keeping people up on the news. The man who choked Jordan nearly to death was indicted, so you know, he was arrested in charged. First of all, he was taken in for questioning release, and then we went buck fool crazy on everybody to say that that man should have been arrested. Even if you think that the facts will come out to support his theory or his statements that they felt threatened on the train, even if you think that that's true, he still should have to face a court of his peers that will determine if they also believe right that they will decide if what he did, just like.
Speaker 3: Anybody else, if I shot somebody in my house, if I shot somebody in my house right now, or not in my house, if I shot somebody outside, even though if I'm a legal gun on or whatever, I would have to prove in the court of Lord. Not my words. Is just not going to be like, hey, he did something to me without any video without anything that I'm just gonna walk off without being skinny. No, you're gonna be charged, and then you're gonna have to present evidence that shows that you that you were right, You were justified for taking someone's life.
Speaker 4: Right, And the police were not even intending to do that. I don't know how people don't see the problems with policing. But anyway, they weren't.
Speaker 3: That's a whole other ship.
Speaker 2: Right, they weren't. They weren't even trying to do that. They just let the man go home. But and and and and.
Speaker 4: The officials in not all of them, but we have to say Mayor Adams, the level of uh, like how quick they just the tone was like even even the governor the first day, Kathy Hockel. The tone was as if people were just so sure that mental illness caused the situation and that it's more than likely that this man was defending and protecting people. I mean, that was the energy that folks were given until more details came out, until more people organize. And so now a jury, a grand jury, has heard some evidence, and clearly they also agreed that the man should go before a court of law so that the courts can determine what he did and what he didn't do, and why he did it, and whether or not it was justified or not. I mean, we just want simple shit. We just want simple things, so that that's the deal with that. So also the and by the way, he raised two million, more than two million dollars, so they're you know, there, there's there's that.
Speaker 2: So there's been this whole thing going on.
Speaker 4: And let me tell you, I only educated myself because our sister Teslain Figureo posted something about how she wanted to talk about the issue of Sukiyana aka Suki with the Good Kuchi and why k O Cyrus who I don't know anything about what he does. I don't know anything much about Sukie with the Good Kuchi either, except I watched her interview on the Breakfast Club, and I saw many clips out there when she was talking about like how you know, people want her to say like she's gay, and she's not trying to say she's gay, she's just you know, like a lot of the younger generation, they kind of feel like they just free so that so I did watch a little bit of that, and that was the first time I kind of learned anything about her so this is a real new thing. I still don't know why they what show they were on, or what happened, but I do know that or I saw the images of him trying to kiss her in her mouth, and then.
Speaker 2: You posted about it, so so you know, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get the essence of it, but I'm a little bit lost on the details.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean details is pretty much what you've seen on the tape.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I believe they were hosting some type of basketball game or some type of event that they were at, and sexual conversation broke out, and based on their conversation, he took it as a challenge, which I don't know why, and he decided to try to kiss in the mouth two times, and you see her moving away with this kind of a shock look on face. He laughed, everybody else laughed it off, you know, and social media. At first there was no comment from either side at all, and then after the day of social media constantly, you know, then she she released some statements basically, you know, saying that what happened to her, she was hurt and she was taking time to process, you know. Then he came out with an apology, and then her mother responded pretty much like, fucked that, apologies on when we see you, you know. And it's been this big debate online, you know, basically just about Sukiana, which we've had these conversations before Old Time, which was about Sukiana and the imagery she portrayed. Her music and her image is sexual in nature, you know, and it is over there. Yes, she's an artist, and it's very she has I don't know if you know Poundtown. I don't know if you ever heard Poundtown. I don't know if you but it's it's very, very explicit, and she talks about sex. She does a lot of sexual things on her Instagram, on her social media, most of her interviews are very sexual nature. Everything she does is pretty much very sexual. So a lot of people were saying that, well, this is the energy she invites, and there was this big debate, and what I just went on my page is it was talking to the men. You know, what I've learned about from being around you guys, A lot is that I don't get to okay, I'm sorry, being around you ladies, you know, is that I don't get to man explain what women need to do. My job was to talk to men, and I just wanted them to under staying that there's no time where you are in control of any sexual encounter with the women. And that's just the reality of what it is. And you have to be very mindful of that. You can't assume, you can't misread a situation. You can't touch a woman because you believe that she's she said something that other than touch me. You know that there has to be real understanding because these situations can be very detrimental to men. Society has has evolved in that regard, you know. I was talking about how back in the days, you know, you will see love scenes where a man walked into the room, he looked at women in her eyes and he grabs her by the arms and she said no, get off me, and he kissed her and then she said no, no, and then she kissed her back, and that was sort of the thing. That's not the thing no more. That is sexual assault, and it is raped now and we have to evolve, we have to understand those things, you know, and a lot of people, most people agree, but then there are women saying, oh, you're trying to act like he is a victim, and this and that.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't understand what you mean.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the reality of where we are in society. Men do not control any sexual ENCOUNTERSS and and if our men, if we're not educating our men to that understand that they can't afford to be wrong about situations, then what do you what do you want us to do?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And I also said to women some of the women like, I don't I don't appreciate the fact that you're trying to women explain me how to talk to men, you know, like, like, I've given the grace when I hear women talking about women should do it, I don't.
Speaker 1: I no longer say what she should do.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter what my opinion is of her, of how she presents herself. It doesn't matter, you know what I'm saying. The reality of the situation is she I don't give for how she presents herself. No man has the right to invade her space and to force himself to kiss or do anything else, you know. So when women were coming to me like, wow, you're trying to make it seem like, no, I'm talking to men. I have three sons, right, and that this is the conversation I'm gonna have to them is that you have to be very aware because there is a double like there's a double less world. Yes, there are situations where you can be aggressive, you can be doing something wrong, you can be there. But there are also situations where you are a successful man and a person a woman who has who has malicious intent can utilize that to get you. So you have to be aware of either of those situations. So the best way is just don't do it. That's the best way to be aware of it, you know. So that that's the online conversation.
Speaker 4: I don't see anything wrong with what you're saying, because it is true that men have to be taught that one they need to.
Speaker 2: Not try to read the room. You don't got to read the room.
Speaker 4: You gotta at this point, based upon the fact that there are people out here who claim that they have and it has been done, that they have been falsely accused and it has absolutely happened, right, and we've seen even more of folks claiming they're being falsely accused and women saying no, this was rape, and now trying to determine and define the lines of clarity, and all of that has become a big part of the public discourse. That's a fact, right, And so don't read the room because you may read wrong. No, for sure, it is nothing wrong with having a conversation with somebody and being clear about what they want and a direction that you're going to go in.
Speaker 2: And in the situation that I saw, just a little bit that I understand.
Speaker 4: About it, the brother tried to read the energy that he thought was there and wasn't really sure about what she was or was not willing to do. And by the way, despite whatever conversation they may have been having, they was talking shit.
Speaker 2: Keep key, you don't touch me in public in front of people.
Speaker 4: You don't know what my situation is, because by the way it sounds to me again, I'm I'm speaking completely without knowing either one of these people, really and only watching one short clip of this particular young woman. So I'm in the best position, I think, to give my opinion because I don't even know about all of this stuff about her sexy and this, this, that and the third. I'm just going on a little bit of information. What I know is that people have images. Right, I'll give you a perfect well, I won't say the person's name. But there's a guy that is on the internet that until recently most people had no idea how intelligent and intellectual he is and the way he speaks and the things that he says, which he still does that all the time, but he drops bombs and knowledge all the time and it and his voice even changes sometimes when he's talking about the theory and shit that's happening in this country and all the crazy political stuff that we're dealing with, and and a lot of people say to me, I had no idea that he even thought like this because of.
Speaker 2: The image that he portrays every day.
Speaker 4: But that does not mean that now you could just decide that you're going to go you know that when he walks into the bank, that because you saw him on the internet, that you now don't think that he can buy a house, right that you, as a bank officer, don't get to make a decision that because he was acting so ghetto on the on the on the on the internet and you'd be seeing him on there, that he don't got enough money or credit or ability to manage a home.
Speaker 2: So you don't read the room.
Speaker 4: What you do is go through the process and in a banking situation. The process would be, despite how ignorant he may sound, fill.
Speaker 2: Out the application and let me see what you got in the bank. That's it. We're going through the process.
Speaker 4: And it's the same thing, which I agree with with sex.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about whether or not you think maybe.
Speaker 4: And it feels kind of like, nah, confirm what's up.
Speaker 2: What we're doing here, where we at, that's it.
Speaker 4: And so you damn sure can't find that out while you at a game, on the show or whatever. You can't find that out. All you're doing right now is talking shit. That's fodder for it's energy for the shit that might come later. I mean, it's just like a husband and wife or a boyfriend and a girlfriend. You ain't getting raped some people, but let's I'm talking about the majority. Y'all ain't about to get busy right here in the restaurant. But across the table you're talking shit. You saying, you know, when I get you home, it's gonna be this, this, that and the third.
Speaker 2: But then the restaurant is not the right.
Speaker 4: Place to whip your shit out and put it on the table, Like what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: This is very.
Speaker 4: Simple and it just was wrong time wrong place. You don't know who that woman is with right her image. It's like CARDI think about Carti Carty talking about that koochie all day and all night.
Speaker 2: She popping in, she's shaking it, she dropping in, she doing all that.
Speaker 4: But I bet you she know better than to let somebody than to be kissing and touching with somebody with her husband. Her husband is completely fine with the image that she has created for herself of being a sex symbol in our own right that helps them make millions and millions and millions of dollars. But you, my son, or whoever other men, bet not go somewhere and start kissing on her, because that that woman got.
Speaker 3: A hundred that's one hundred percent. And I think that that pretty much breaks it down. I think, you know, I think we live in over sexualized times. The culture is over sexualized. And as I did, I started just just doing research. Like I said, I said, I thought what happened to her was wrong one hundred percent, But I said, I've also seen situations and men talking to her, things that were happening with physicality. Shit that was going on that I also thought was wrong, right, that she didn't think was wrong so I don't get to like what I What I said is I don't get to decide what's wrong all right for her right. But I do know this, people are going to have conversations with you based on what you put out into the universe. Now, I'm not talking about physicality. The physicality part of it should never happen. But people are going to think that you you're gonna get You're gonna get invited to the sex parties. Niggas gonna come up to you and ask you about your pussy because that's the image that you put out all the time. When when that's all you talk about, then it freaks out there that that's what they think about. Niggas think about fucking all the time. So regard the reality the situation is when every conversation that you have is based on sex. When somebody meets you, that's who they think you are. So the conversation, the conversations are going to but the physicality, the physicality. But she has to be understanding that you are going to invite energy of people who are just straight up freaks because this is what you put into the Like I've start paying attention to you know, a lot of shit that she did. There was people putting in their fingers in her vagina, like on like visit like online, like these are like she was talking on a ten year old board, like these are things that will happen. So I see that we have to have levels of outrage for everything. This man is definitely wrong and whatever happens to him, he has to deal with those consequences. But we also got to say, why is she torking on a ten year old.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not listen, but see.
Speaker 4: But but that's the thing what we have to be very careful of because yes, all those conversations should and can happen, but they cannot be conflated, right, And that's the same thing that they do when we say police brutality and they go, yeah, but what about black one black crime.
Speaker 2: That we can deal with.
Speaker 4: That, we can deal with the twerking on a little boy and all of that. But what we're not gonna do is bring up black one black violence or violence among black people. At the same time, while we're talking about police.
Speaker 3: Kill, we were talking about we're talking about individual no, no, no, no, we're talking about.
Speaker 4: But the reason why, the reason no, I'm telling you because it's like this, because no, let me just finish my point. Because the reason why those women are reacting to you in a way, which again I agree with you, I agree with you, and I'm sure that they are triggered for various reasons, but I know one reason why they feel the way that they do, and I didn't. I didn't see any of this, So I'm just going about what I think. Where you said a few women came to you, it's because underneath the surface of that statement, like, well, you also have to be careful of the energy.
Speaker 2: That you invite, which I didn't agree with.
Speaker 3: That's what you just said, guess is a conversation we have now this is I didn't even put that.
Speaker 4: But when you say, when you say like we don't we don't make decisions or whatever you know, and all of that, it still has in it this little vein of even though the chick might be a complete trick and all the way whatever she is, still you don't touch her because you can get in trouble, but not because regardless of how she may look at or be, she is her and you are you, and you are not allowed to invade her just because you feel like whatever she may or may not be doing. Gives you permission that that to me is a total different conversation because what that the thing is.
Speaker 3: But what I'm trying to say is this because we have to be we have to be honest in this conversation. Right, Like the average woman that walks up to a man, right that grabs his dick. The nigga's not gonna call the police.
Speaker 2: But that's not cool.
Speaker 3: No, But listen what I'm just listen to what I'm saying so you can understand what I'm saying. Every scenario in situation can be different. I'm almost sure just just based off the way he did that that this has worked before, right, These they've worked before.
Speaker 1: There are men who walked up.
Speaker 3: When you have a certain level of status, you can walk into certain places, you can grab certain women, and they're okay with it. These situations have worked before. You don't find out it don't work, into it don't work. So what I'm explaining to you, so every situation is not it's not one thing. It's not Yo, that situation ain't it's worked for him in his situation before. He probably have five or ten girls that he probably have dealt with in that same manner, and he got what he needed out of the situation. The girl didn't feel she didn't feel the change. She actually wanted that energy. She said this to them, so he can do these things. Those situations actually happen. So when I say that, it's to say that I get it. I get what you're saying. You might say, Yo. Usually when the should do something like that to me, She's okay with it. I've done that before it's worth, before it's happened. I'm trying to tell you that you can't even think like that. You should take that reality out of your mind, because it don't matter if you write, if you if you think you are the minute that you find out too wrong, it's too late. It's completely too late. So that's what I'm trying to say, that that's.
Speaker 2: Why there should be. But that's why there should be.
Speaker 4: And I guess this is I had a whole different thought of the day, but I'm gonna have to wait to discuss that on the next show. But I guess that is my thought of the day.
Speaker 2: Where is Mike Tyson?
Speaker 4: Because we need to go find Mike Tyson and bring him back to the forefront so he can help you understand what happened to him when he thought or decided that, you know, it was cool because he read the room and he read wrong, okay exactly, and the and and and and and and there's a you know, that might not be the right comparison, only because rob and given story is that he was also brutally violent, right, So that's a different thing. But the conversation in our community about going to a man's room in the middle of the night was very, very very prevalent, and at the forefront that what do you expect when you go to a man's room in the middle of the night, or do you think you get in tea and crumpets?
Speaker 2: Is that what you think?
Speaker 4: Because that is not what's happening, and those conversations do happen. My thing is in terms of my thought of the day, and I think, lean, you're in that area in that ballpark, but you've got to be intentional about how you have The conversation is why do we not learn from the history of people who have been through this? Even currently you currently have Cuba Gooding paying people money.
Speaker 2: For some similar shit. The video that.
Speaker 4: Shows him groping and kissing the woman in the restaurant got his ass in big trouble. And this is Cuba Good and Junior, who we you know, we love, and now.
Speaker 2: His ass is in trouble. His image has.
Speaker 4: Been ruined because of the same things, grabbing on women and making a decision.
Speaker 2: About how far he can take it right.
Speaker 4: I know married people, men and women that the rules in their house is go out, have a good time, flirt, du but don't go too far. So you don't know what people's situation is.
Speaker 2: So they might be.
Speaker 4: Out given the freak freak freak energy because that's the extent of what they can do. But they're not trying to let you put your hand, mouth, or anything else on them. And I don't understand why we do not learn from the things that have had been all around us. We see Trey songs, yet another person that figures, hey, these were or at least this is what they say.
Speaker 2: It's all alleged.
Speaker 4: Everything we're saying here is alleged because we don't know because we weren't there. However, there are a number of women who have come forward to say they went out, they hung out with him, and then they were violated in one way, shape or form, and it is because to your point, one, there was a time when it was acceptable that if you was hanging out with a man, it was just understood that you were supposed to give something up.
Speaker 2: That's one and two. The other I guess the other side of the coin.
Speaker 4: Is this idea that when women are throwing themselves at you that while so you here because I.
Speaker 2: Came to do what we came to do. Like I didn't come.
Speaker 4: I got a girl at home, I got kids, I got this, or I have a career.
Speaker 2: I'm busy.
Speaker 4: I'm only in this city for one night. So if you show up here, then you know what's popping and it's not.
Speaker 2: That is not the key. So I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Pick it right.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad you're doing the work. I'm glad you should do y'all should do the work, but be careful. I'm not saying don't have the conversation because it is important.
Speaker 2: It's like going out and saying.
Speaker 4: I know that America is fucked up, and it's hard, and it's difficult to find the type of work that you want, and you know there's.
Speaker 2: Challenges to you know, succeeding.
Speaker 4: You can't necessarily get a bank loan housing is fucked up. Education is fucked them. You got kids, you're telling them listen, I already know your teaching and shit, the school is messed up, the books ain't right, but you still got to go there and do the right thing. So I get the point of saying, this young lady presents herself a certain way, and a lot of young ladies do right, and that needs to be acknowledged. But I'm just saying that we have to be very careful in threading the needle of giving information so that people can understand and all or and or or or pretty much labeling and criminalizing that's not the right term. While we're speaking, we're also criminalizing women or labeling women. I don't know that's the wrong word, but y'all know what the heck I'm trying to say, we just have to be careful.
Speaker 2: That's my only point.
Speaker 3: I get it. But my thing is this, I have to relate messages to men the way that men receive things.
Speaker 1: That yeah, and that's just the bot just broke down.
Speaker 4: How you you might go to a man that just came home from prison, and you're going to say to him, listen, the whole country I get it. It's all messed up. You was locked up, this happened, you lost time, this and that, you come back. Your girls is not available, she has slept with your home boy, Your mama's this, this and that and the third.
Speaker 2: All the status you used to have you ain't got no more. Blah blah blah blah. I get it.
Speaker 4: You gotta break down the facts so people can feel that you understand where they're coming from.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: But I still am.
Speaker 4: Saying we also, we but we have to be careful that we break down the fact so much that the person uses it as an excuse.
Speaker 2: That's my point that.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, it's to realcity. It's like this right, people want you to do it there with It's like somebody when I'm talking to dudes, I'm like, yo, look, can't be in the streets. The police gonna grab you. You're gonna lose this and that, this and that, and dude like, yo, why not just not commit crime?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: Because it's just not the right thing to do. And I'm like, that's not a conversation I'm having. You never been you don't you You've never been in a position where you actually had to do prime. Maybe it wasn't the right thing for you to do. It just wasn't this right. But you don't understand where we come from in our community. It's not about right. It's about what we see as the right thing to do at that time when we the desperation and all this shit you do.
Speaker 1: So when you come from this moral.
Speaker 3: High ground that I should just be telling kids don't commit crime because it's the wrong thing to do. That conversation don't work with us. You could come to my page and say, oh, you're justifying the crime. You're saying as long as you can get away. No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying you're not going to get away. That's the reality what I'm saying. I'm saying you're not gonna get away. And I understand why you actually want to do the crime, Understand that you feel that it's a need. I understand that it's goldified, and understand all those things because I've been through that exact, exact same thing. But so if you're looking to come on this page and have the person that is the Christian or the high mighty person that's saying crime is just wrong, and that's the reason why you shouldn't do it. I'm not the person that's gonna say that. So if whoever doesn't like the fact that I'm gonna tell you not to commit crime because I don't want you to go to and I don't want you to get caught and lose your family, then I don't know what to tell you, because that's the only way I know how to deliver it, because that's the only way I.
Speaker 1: Would receive it.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't receive it another the way that the goodie two shoes person once to said, it's not gonna work for me, but you.
Speaker 2: But I think it's so. I agree, I agree, I actually agree.
Speaker 4: I just have to continue to reinforce the fact that there still should be Some shit is just wrong, period, right like it's just wrong, period. There's no equivocation, there's no it's wrong. So if if if somebody comes to you, if if a, if a, if a, if a child you know, spits on it in their mother's face, I don't give.
Speaker 2: I really don't care to hear the story about what happened. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. All of the things d D D d D. I've heard you say to other young people. My mother had all of these issues, we went through mad shit, and guess what, I still respect to It doesn't matter. I don't And you was never gonna tolerate your brothers jumping in her face, cust the house, slap her, this, that, and the third. It just can't happen and there's no excuse for it.
Speaker 2: So that's what I think people are trying to convey.
Speaker 4: But I still understand your point is that this is not a zero sum conversation because there are elements to it that have to be explored in order for people to understand the traps that the trap is gonna be. They gonna show up looking like it's they ready, they pop, it's popping, They looking like they hot on the stick. But if they have not confirmed to you that they want you to touch them, you should not.
Speaker 2: So I get it. But I'm just giving you.
Speaker 4: That other perspective so that you can use that also and be careful about the line. Because you can't slap a spit in your mother's face, no matter if she was on drugs selling kouchi, you caught her in the house snorting, don't it don't matter.
Speaker 2: No, you can't hit your mother or slap your mother or do whatever.
Speaker 4: So just like a person can't come, a person can't come, A person can't come and tell you they raised the child because they just they just had they just had a thing.
Speaker 2: Nah, you're not trying to hear that. You don't care what the reason is.
Speaker 4: Period, And you're not even going to entertain if somebody come tell you they hurt your sons. You don't care what happened. So that so that's only thing I'm saying. That's the only thing I'm saying is that, and I'm not I'm not saying it because you should change your messaging. I'm saying it because each one of us walks through life with biases based upon our own experience, and at times, even when we're doing a good thing, those biases and those feelings and those little undertones of misogyny of of us as women hating black men, you know.
Speaker 2: As a black woman or as a woman.
Speaker 4: I find myself getting into conversation sometimes and there I go with the you know, niggas ain't shit theory, and that ain't cool, you know what I'm saying, But it's based upon my experience. And why am I telling a young woman who is coming to me excited about a guy, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Over here like, that's not you know, I gotta be careful.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean that I shouldn't give us some jewels, but I gotta be careful not to also bring to it my own levels of insecurity that I'm deflecting upon her.
Speaker 1: On time.
Speaker 3: That's fair, That's fair, you know. I just want to be clear, and no, I do not condole any man, you know, physically sexually harassed and abusing doing anything to any woman. You know. It brings me back to the the statement that I talked about on rape culture and how we've all contributed to it, you know, that actually went viral, you know, and this was pretty much one of those situations, you know. But I just I have to relay the messages to these young boys, you know, to the men who are coming into who dealing with their hormone, to deal with all of this culture, who sees this, who are around promiscuous men and women and they're seeing shit happen. You know, don't put yourself in those predictions, you know, because the minute that it doesn't happen the way that you believe it should, or the energy that you thought was happening. It's not gonna work out for you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna believe it at that. Let's you know, we know so much about this topic.
Speaker 4: I bet you everybody in our community got everybody, not everybody because I didn't know a lot about it, but a lot of people, a majority overwhelming. You asked them about Sukiyana and yk O Cyrus, they know all about it. We better also know what's going on with our national security, and so we are bringing a guest on right now to talk to us about you know, last week we talked about Trump, and I think Trump is a small part of a bigger issue, and we've talked about it all the time. But this situation, with the indictments and all of that is bringing to forth what VI supremacy is forming up to be, what it is shaping up to be again in this nation, and the potential for it.
Speaker 2: And so while y'all.
Speaker 4: May not want to hear it, and you might have wanted us to have somebody to come on and talk about women.
Speaker 2: And touching and rape and sex and men and.
Speaker 4: Assault and all of that, we finished shift gears and go back to the implications of our national security or the national security threat that is underlining the sort of undergirding of Trump and the documents being on the stage and in the bathroom with the chandelier and his crib.
Speaker 2: So let's bring our.
Speaker 3: Gues up on.
Speaker 4: And so in keeping with you know what we were just talking about that, you know, I know a lot of folks just don't care. They just are uninterested in hearing about a white man's troubles with the courts, right because too many of our families and too many of the people that we know, people we grew up with, they come from, you know, constant interactions with law enforcement and with the system, and they already know that despite the fact that the charges against Donald Trump are so enormous and dangerous, that it is more likely that pooky from the hood that has a little bit of weed in his pocket will get more time and will experience more harshness from the system. So they just don't really really care. They're tired of it, tired of hearing about Trump. But this is our country that we live in, and what we know is that in this particular moment, there's some real serious things happening, and our people need to be aware. You know, I would one would say that when you think about nine to eleven, there are people in that building or who were in that building who probably didn't care about what was happening with national politics at all, had no idea about some of the issues that caused the backlash that we ended up experiencing. And so we as citizens who are walking around and every day public facilities and you know, going to theme parks and all of that, we need to know that our national security has been compromised and there is a possible anything is possible at any moment. So that's why we've been covering this. And today our guest is someone that if you're not watching him on nightly news, daily news, middle of the day, he's on all the shows all the time, someone who has a great political mind but also a national security perspective is joining us today and his name is Malcolm Nance. He is a New York Times bestseller and a political and national security analyst.
Speaker 2: Thank thank you so much, Malcolm for joining us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my pleasure to be here.
Speaker 4: So let's just first of all, before we get into we know you don't have a lot of time today, let's just talk about who you are and what you do what you have done so that people understand the brilliant brilliant Malcolm Nance.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call myself brilliant, but I know some things.
Speaker 5: And for those of you who don't know me from MSNBC, where I was a national security analyst for the most part, I'm not a reporter. I'm certainly not a reporter. I'm not a journalist. This is the way I describe myself. I'm a spy that talks on television. So I held the top secret Special Access program security killerance for almost three decades and I have been working in the national security field for almost forty years. So the kind of documents we're talking about the things that are going on with Donald Trump, I have a first hand perspective on it because every day I handled those kinds of documents day in, day out. And now we're gonna talk. We're gonna, I guess we're gonna bring to light why people in our community should care about this matter, because it does affect us, even though you might not see it every day.
Speaker 3: So is Trumble going to jail?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And that brings the question? You know that that brings the question up. Are there two systems of laws? And when you mentioned Pooky, you know, with a little bit of weed in the pocket, will probably go into an extremely harsh system where no bail will be offered, or bail that's excessively high will be offered, not released on their recognissance, not allowed to go out and talk all about the case in a high end restaurant. You know, we do have to admit there are two systems of government. Here's or of law. Here's why because in the last five years, there have been seven other people who have been captured with documents I say captured, sorry, but caught with US government top secrets in their possession, large quantities of them, and every one of them was denied bail, every one of them was remanded into custody because they assume they are foreign spies or have the ability to be far and spies and cannot be trusted anymore within the system. One person or a young woman named Reality Winner, she went to prison for five years for one piece of paper. So will Donald Trump go to prison? You look as someone who handled this information, who was entrusted with American secrets, he absolutely should go to prison, period, no question. You can't use the you know, crazy mafioso defense that he's wandering around in his bathrobe, you know, reading top secret documents at home to feel good about himself. He deliberately took these things. But let's let the laws and the and you know, the Jewish prudence system adjudicate him properly so that we know that when he gets convicted, that it was done fairly and we can avoid a civil war.
Speaker 4: So that's that's why you think that the special prosecutor took the case to Florida. That's what I keep hearing that they wanted to make sure it was in a place where you would where Donald Trump wouldn't be able to claim that it was like a sham.
Speaker 5: Basically, well, even though the documents were stolen in Washington, d C. The real mishandling removal you know, were happening in mar Laga, right box, hundreds upon hundreds of documents. Where the real offense occurred was when they requested them back for the National records, you know, as part of the National Presidential Records Act. They lied repeatedly and said we don't have any documents. Trump personally knew he had documents, and his aid Walt Naua, we're moving those specific boxes around so that's where the crime is, and then lied to the United States government repeatedly to the point where the FBI had to do an armed raid on his compound to get these documents back.
Speaker 2: What are the documents?
Speaker 4: You know, we talk about documents, documents, but tell us about some of these documents.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you, you know, I have a substack It's Malcolm Nance dot substack dot com, and I'm about to release a very highly detailed analysis, not classified, but where I go over the titles that were released, and some of these things.
Speaker 1: Are shocking in what he took.
Speaker 5: And we're keeping around planned war plans against the government of Iran, which means the United States Armed Forces would attack Iran, invade the country with an invading army, and how specifically we would do it. Now, for everybody who's listening in the African American career or any community, and you say, well, what does this have to do with me? This has nothing to do with me. This doesn't a affect my day to day life. Everyone of you has got a relative in the armed forces at some point somewhere, whether it's a cousin and aunt, you know in mom, Hey, we're talking about sending them to die. We're talking about another situation where African Americans are disproportionately members of the armed forces. Latino Americans disproportionately members of the armed forces and amongst the most loyal. Right, we don't go around stealing documents.
Speaker 1: So these people.
Speaker 5: Would be sent into harm's way on the basis of someone who may have stolen the actual plans, sold them, gave them away, bragged them, and those the compromise of those plans could literally kill American citizens.
Speaker 1: Now what does that do to your bottom line?
Speaker 5: Raises your taxes because you have to pay for all those weapons of war, and you know, and impact your life. Remember how we discriminated against Muslim Americans, many of whom are black, for for over two decades because of the War on terrorism. First person killed after nine to eleven wasn't even a Muslim. He was a Sikh American who. Sikhs are from west northwestern India. They're not Muslims at all. They just wear head turbans as part of their culture. They're a warrior tribe. And one of them was murdered days after nine to eleven because they said, oh, we're going to go after the Arabs wasn't even an Arab.
Speaker 1: So all of these things affect all of us.
Speaker 5: Whether they close this national parks because they got to buy more airplanes, or whether they cut all the food off for your children in school like they've tried to do last year. Wanted to eliminate school breakfast, right, but they give a trillion dollar tax cut to the richest one percent of Americans. Everything is connected, and that's the thing you need to understand. Trump stealing top secret documents which he was going to sell or blackmail people with, or just sit around for his own demented you know, amusement reading compromises the safety of you and every citizen in this country.
Speaker 3: So you know what my question is is this is like mind boggling to me. If this was President Obama, the same situation was happening for as Obama, what do you think would be would have happened by now? And secondly, how do we see that allowing Trump to constantly do these things and still be able to run for president undermines what this country looks like.
Speaker 1: Why is that not obvious to everybody?
Speaker 3: Because it's no way that you can expect citizens or people who live here, or especially people who don't live here to look and see a sham like this and see that this person who's pretty much vim mafia lita running for president and in control of a country like I'm just trying to figure out, why don't these optics click in with our government.
Speaker 5: The optics to click in with the government. But there are two sides to this coin. There is a party that is trying to govern, that is trying to run things, to keep things going, to get your bridges built, that are trying to get your children fed so that they can actually understand what they're learning in school. You know, they've done studies. If a child doesn't eat breakfast, he generally will have no attention for the first three hours.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: And you know, all of these things which we fund for, as we like to say, the commonwealth, right, the things which make America great.
Speaker 1: There is another party which is no longer even a party.
Speaker 5: They are a group of vandals and they are there to government, but they have a different view. America is now splitting down from two party system to one party and a tribe. And I don't use that term glibly. I mean the Republican Party. What was the Republican Party has now turned into a tribe, and it is the tribe of the white male cultist, and they view Donald Trump as the spiritual and ideological leader of their tribe. He's like Kim Jones right for you know, down in Guyana. He's constantly telling them that people are coming to get them. You've got to be ready to fight, You've got to be ready to protect me. You've got to give me all your money. These people have turned Donald Trump not as a president, he is an avatar for white rule in America. He has returned since for the first time really seriously, since the nineteen thirties white supremacy to pinnacle of the presidency.
Speaker 1: Of the United States.
Speaker 5: Woodrow Wilson, he dabbled in that had clan members, you know, come to the White House, and back in the nineteen twenties and thirties, you couldn't be in some parts of government in the South unless you were a publicly recognized Glu Glux clan member. We are now shipping back to that at a time where we should be, you know, teaching our kids common decency. One group of people, this tribe, are teaching people hatred against all others except for the white family. Right is the is the basis of that. Now you might be thinking, Malcolm, you're African American. This is why you're talking like that, like you're Huey Newton or you know, a member of the Black Panthers. I view this from an intelligence community perspective. If you had sent me to Rowanda twenty five years ago and said, hey, one of the parties is not ruling the government. It ordered a million machetes from China and are now extorting them to mass murder all their neighbors, we would have laughed. I mean, we didn't laugh. I was there at the time, not in Rwanda, but I was doing that mission.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened.
Speaker 5: One group turned into a tribe, right, the huthis, the Hutu, and they decided to mass murder every Putsi in their country, and they almost did. They got almost nine hundred thousand of them, where neighbors cut off the head of the neighbor with machetes that were being bought by the government. That's an extreme view. I'm trying to get you to understand that modern, vibrant, seemingly civilized people and turned into genocidal mass murderers. And it happened in the nineteen thirties in Nazi Germany. We are seeing what was the Republican Party actually become a fascist party where they believe in a dictator. And one woman said this famously two years ago, well I didn't think that I would ever want a dictator to lead America. But if we have to have one, it should be Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: That is what you're seeing.
Speaker 4: I gotta jump in here on that, because this is powerful. When you say we could or seemingly civilized people could turn into mass murderers, Let's be clear, they already did that, so right, So the history of our people, the history of Africans here on this soil, is.
Speaker 2: Being mass murdered. That's one.
Speaker 4: And now we see it happening in front of our eyes, from George Zimmermann and trayvon Martin all the way to aj Owens and the neighbor who shot and killed her just a few weeks ago, and even Jordan Neely who choked the I mean Daniel who choked.
Speaker 2: Jordan Neely to death.
Speaker 4: We are seeing an uptick in the type of violence against our people.
Speaker 5: What you're really seeing now, it's portraying itself in these individual cases of violence, But what's the underlying motivation for these attacks? Because lynchions have always occurred in the United States. Right, what you're seeing is a very powerful push by essentially white men to say that laws are in their hands only and that they with a wink in or up, they think law enforcements are on their side, and they get really upset when things like the captin January sixth riots happen in law enforcement pushes back and they arrest a thousand of them and send a thousand of prisons. They don't understand that and short circuits their system. My point about the story of Rwanda as an example was I'm not just using the United States as a model.
Speaker 1: This is human nature.
Speaker 5: And what you're finally seeing in the United States is when we do that two steps forward, one step back thing, this is now one step forward, seven steps back. And these people are consciously I wrote a whole book about it. They want to kill Americans.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: The they is your gigvers, the neighbors who feel that Donald Trump has personally empowered them to be judge, jury, and executioner. And as one person said, this is white America again, right wrong. I spent forty years defending this nation. My family spent over one hundred and fifty continuous years defending this nation, right or wrong, so that we could do that one step forward, you know, two steps forward, one step back tango that we do.
Speaker 1: But it's progress. That's not what's happening anymore.
Speaker 5: You are watching a body who wants to bring the nation back to where one ethnic group will control all others.
Speaker 1: They will rule over everyone.
Speaker 5: Thirty five percent of this country, now let's call it forty thinks that they are going to ignore the other sixty percent and essentially bring them back to a position of servitude.
Speaker 2: So I wish with the President Obama piece that.
Speaker 1: You ask, oh jeez, you don't want to hear about that.
Speaker 5: You know, that funny thing about President Obama, he probably would have been impeached because back in that period the Democrats who are now, I haven't quite figured out why they keep thinking that being fair and dealing, you know, on a level playing field with the Republicans is going to get them their respect.
Speaker 1: There's no respect here.
Speaker 5: I'm not joking when I you know, when I wrote that book they want to kill Americans, it was you know, they wanted me to have a nicer tide, And I was like, you don't seem to understand that they are the people who you live near, who are armed, and if they could have killed Barack Obama, they would, And you never know, there's always plots going on out there. But if Obama had done the same thing, had lost his mind right and had decided to keep those documents, Democrats would have impeached him.
Speaker 1: Along with one hundred percent of the Republicans. But he didn't. They didn't do anything. He's the most The Obama administration was the.
Speaker 5: Single most honest and ethical administration in the history of the United States. I think they got one guy on lying to his girlfriend, right, I think the Transport secretary, and that's it. I don't even think they got a conviction. So we're talking in administration or an ex administration that literally tried to overthrow the government of the United States, stealing documents which belonged to America's national defense and then saying, well, essentially, we're white guys, it's okay, we can get away with it. And everyone in the Trump tribe goes, yeah, he's exempt, we don't care if he does it, but Democrat does it.
Speaker 1: We want to hang them.
Speaker 5: If Mike Bence doesn't overthrow the government, we literally want to hang him. So what is the motivating factor? White men with guns and those threats about the Second Amendment? That is the motivating factor behind a lot of the behaviors of the Republican But those people backing their politicians are a permission slip for their politicians to finally behave and act and say the exact same terrible things their constituency wants to hear them say. They want them in the face of black people. They want them to threaten people with guns, and if they can have a civil war, I wholeheartedly believe that they would have it.
Speaker 3: So what should we be doing right now? As good citizen sends people of good moral conduct, like, what should we all be doing at this moment?
Speaker 1: Which is we should be doing what we did in twenty nineteen? All right? I have people ask me all the time, Malcolm, should I buy a gun? Right?
Speaker 5: Nope, absolutely not, especially not a handgun. Handguns are solely in your house to kill your children, right, that's what happens with handguns. You should be mobilizing your friends, your family, everybody with the You see the passion that I have is in passion.
Speaker 1: It's warning.
Speaker 5: I am warning you that you have to get out there and use the one system that's in place that can neutralize them, and that is you have to mobilize to vote, not just in the primaries, every time there's a vote for dogcatcher school boards.
Speaker 1: Go take back these school boards.
Speaker 5: They organize thousands of these crazy muggs right to who were QAnon anti vaxxers, you know, believing Hillary Clinton was killing children for their blood. Their moms for Liberty was their name. They went to all these school board meetings and started attacking the basic people on there to the point where the people quit and they elected themselves on these boards. Take back your school boards, take back your education, and start I'm sorry, you're going to have to start getting in the faces of people who would threaten you and your families, because what they want is for us to have a calm, quiet, common decent debate. What they cannot tolerate is pushback and pushback, pushback, and just be a matter of you going to your school. We're re eating and saying you know what we call on the intelligence community meta narrative, reframing the big picture. They're coming out there saying you are all pedophiles and child groomers, right, and nobody pushes back, or they sit there and they listen to them. Reframing should be I'm sorry, you're crazy. You're crazy. Don't come in here and talk like that. Don't disgrace ourselves. Get out right, decent people are talking. See, they rely on you not to do that, and that's why they are expanding. My problem is as an intelligence professional, it will expand to the point where they feel that your life is forfeit, and they may bring a gun and just decide I will shoot my way to leadership. I don't know, but we have had many, many, many of those threats manifest themselves. And the only really since Donald Trump came down the Golden elevator escalator and announced for presidency and it gave them a permission slip to feel that they own America.
Speaker 4: They're still trying to put their plan in motion and so many of us are just so disconnected and just discuss that we're not necessarily paying attention. And I do think that there are there's possible retaliation with all of this. I mean, when you start talking about people who may be worried about what's in those documents about you know, like you said, the Iran piece, what happens when they decide, oh, you're planning on a war against us?
Speaker 2: Huh, good to know.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll do something to Americans Like this is this is very, very serious, and I hope that our listeners understand that it's not.
Speaker 2: This is not a TV.
Speaker 4: Show, while there are many that help us to kind of, you know, get a glimpse of what could happen, because I was going to bring up, what's the show I love so much?
Speaker 2: Oh God, what's the women? My son?
Speaker 4: You remember when I was so crazy about this show can Maids Tale?
Speaker 1: That's a documentary. Now that's not a TV exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's all right there. But this is our real like we're living this.
Speaker 4: This is happening in our history and well in this moment, which will be history later, but it's the current.
Speaker 2: And so I just I just want to appreciate you for.
Speaker 4: First of all, being bold enough to say what you what you are saying, and I think the point that you made that will resonate the most with street politicians. Listeners will be around how democrats somehow think that they have to be friends and nice and kind to people who are obstructionists, like we're now we're dealing with people who are crazy to your point exactly, and we're talking about well, you know, hey John, there's no hey, John is trying to kill us, right.
Speaker 5: And another thing is that we have our own street level people who thwart and and try to influence our mindset. My own barbershop when I was living in Philadelphia, these guys are like, well, Trump.
Speaker 1: Says, what do we got to lose? And I literally would stop them, and there's like ten people in there. I go, your life.
Speaker 5: He was telling company to beat you and kill you. Do you think that, oh he's got money, he's married to a fashion model. That is not the reality of your world. You're not a millionaire who's down on your luck. It is just five haircuts away from getting a billion dollars. You're not going to be a rich rapper. You're not going to be a person who is above the law. All right, Like these people, the only thing you were ever given in the legacy of this nation is your vote, and that is your voice. And we have people. I was in Harlem recently and we I had these guys out on the street. There's no difference between Democrats and Republicans. Don't vote for It's like one party wants to see you dead and the other and one party's taking care of you. But that crazy party, what they want is for you to not vote and vote. Not voting is voting for Donald Trump and the people who would arm cops with the ability. And I work for law enforcement, I train law enforcement officers. I went through SWAT Officers School with a whole slew of cops. Most cops are awesome and they just want to keep the peace. But you know what, when you give them the mindset that they are above the law themselves, and it comes from the President of the United States, then you can't say that both parties are the same. You vote for one or you vote for the other by not voting.
Speaker 4: Wow, Well, we still think that there is more and I'm sure you agree that the Biden administration can doum You know, we certainly think that, and we don't give them a pass.
Speaker 2: Although we understand what obstruction looks like.
Speaker 4: And I think, you know, our people are so frustrated, which they should be, that they no longer want to hear well the you know, the Republicans and this and that it's like, hey, listen, we're.
Speaker 2: Tired of all of the excuses at this point.
Speaker 5: Sometime I would like to have We'll have a show, and I would like to hear.
Speaker 1: What exactly are is that they're frustrated with.
Speaker 5: The lowest unemployment in American history. Some people actually believe the lie that Donald Trump gave had higher black unemployment or lower black unemployment than Barack Obama. Thirteen percent unemployment is not the lowest. We're three now, this is the second, going on the second greatest economy in US history.
Speaker 1: Bill Clinton gave us the greatest economy in US?
Speaker 4: So how do we but how do we hear that? And you gotta go, I want to keep to that so you can come back again. How do people hear that when they are also struggling financially? I have more people who are out of work and you don't, and groceries are high.
Speaker 2: Inflation is clearly literally killing people.
Speaker 4: How do you hear that this is the greatest economy of whatever time period you said?
Speaker 5: Inflation is going down to almost the exact same level it was a year before. There was a big flash in the pan last summer, all right, and it wasn't just the United States. It was all over the world, all over the world. Inflation is not something that just happens to you. Okay, we're at an unemployment rate to where if you want a job, you can go get a job, but you may have to look for that job or accept a job.
Speaker 1: That you may have to be retrained on.
Speaker 5: You know, the economy in the world is not coming to you.
Speaker 1: You have to go to it.
Speaker 5: I spent twenty years in uniform and twenty more years working for the government to ensure that the people of the United States have the one word that America is built on, and it ain't hope. It's opportunity. And you have to take the opportunities. You don't got a job, join the Armed Forces of the United States. We've got lots of work, all right. I don't I agree with that. You don't want to do that, Go to the number one place that even made a movie about it, the Post Office. They're not even a US government agency, and you can always have a career there. There is always something to do. Amtrak's hiring if you guys want to be a conductor. I saw a black educt the other day.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of her.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's something to do out there, but if you expect the fall off out of the sky. Look, you're not Donald Trump, Okay, your daddy is not going to hand you two hundred and thirty million dollars.
Speaker 1: And if you can, you probably ain't black.
Speaker 3: And that's the reality. I just want to say this. I definitely agree with that. You know, I have friends who've been incocerated who've come home and found jobs. Who works for MTA, who worked for post Office? Who has an Amazon? Like, if you want a job, there are jobs for you.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: The biggest thing. Go start a business. This is the time you want to start a business. Open a cafe. When I was in Ukraine, they had these little mini cars that were like pickup trucks and then.
Speaker 1: The back was their coffee shop.
Speaker 5: You can be you could have You could be a multi time convicted felon and make coffee for five cents a cup.
Speaker 1: And sell it for four dollars a cup.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm a big coffee hound, so I'm pushing I'm pushing mobile cafes. But make your own business. There is always something to be sold out there that is not drugs, right. There are things that can be done, but you know what it involves, initiative and that you really want to do it, you want to work hard to help your family.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think we could stay here all day and talk about that, and you know and kind of look at it, and I know that you are not ignoring all of the issues that plague our communities, but it is, it is. There are opportunities. However, people definitely feel very hopeless. And I'm just saying. The point I'm making is that even with what you are saying, yet people do not feel it in this moment and it is going to translate into our politics and how people show up and how they don't. And so even you know, with everything that you said being true, when folks just don't see or feel it, they are not going to react as they should to protect and to defend a country that they don't feel is showing up for them. So that's a challenge that we deal with. And trust me, we know because we go out, we knock on doors. That's what we do. We go into the low propensity communities, which we believe are high value and high potential communities as our system indus, our source says.
Speaker 2: And that's what we do.
Speaker 4: We try to get people to understand why it is important for them to show up, and it is not an easy conversation to have, what you know, Welcome man, Thank you so much for joining the street politicians.
Speaker 1: And thank you for bringing me on here to help you to help people understand what's happening.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you appreciate you? Malcolm? We got to have you again. Man, all right, no problem, all.
Speaker 2: Right, it's handmade sound like it really literally it is happening.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because no one was saying the media other day that the Jetsons was like, you know, if you watch the Jetsons, you see so much of the technology and like the way the world is going, like the Jetsons is still ahead of us in terms of what they the creators and what they knew about the world or the world that they dreamed up and put on the screen. And now we are moving quickly towards a Jetson style or a jets in reality. And when I think about Handmade's tale that is it's the same thing to me because basically we are looking at a show which, as Malcolm said, a documentary that pretty much shows how white men got their white women wives to agree with them that they needed to have sole power, sole power, and the white women helped them to gain that power a few of them, which is the Moms for Liberty, these groups that include women who are extremists and are supportive of their racist husbands and their husbands who want to be white supremacists and or their leader, their cult leader, and they supported the white men. The white men took control, and then the white women in many ways became enslaved also, right, So everything that they think that they're doing to others because they love to other people Black Latino, know this your Mexican or whatever, you're gay, they want to other people and they always, as white women, end up in the same exact situation.
Speaker 1: For the most part.
Speaker 4: Maybe they've got a little more privileged I eat handmade sale, they had a little more privilege then the masses, but they end up with the same situation. And guess who they go to every time to help fight their way out of their own oppression. Out of the fact that they make less money than their white husbands, out of the fact that they now don't have the right to choose, out of the fact that they are. They feel oppressed in their homes, they don't have a voice, their issues are not being dealt with. Who you think they go to. They go to black women and ask us to fight alongside them, to help them to right the wrongs of the that that they have helped create historically.
Speaker 3: That's what white women have done. They've always been and got black women the same black women that they leave, you know, they leave after they get their rights, they forget that the black women still need rights, and they leave them all the time, you know. And it's pretty much the same philosophy that we talk about with the Democrats and Republicans. Right. The Democrats wanted the things politically correct, right, they want to do it correctly. They want to coom by y'all. And black women have a nature. We're not evil people, and that's what the problem is.
Speaker 1: Right. We're fighting a fight that with.
Speaker 3: People who don't have any soul. Damn man, These people that you're fighting against, they don't have any moral fiber. So we deal with morality, right, and we're fighting against people who don't do that. And we have to get we have to get our minds trained to understand that the enemy that we're fighting against is devious. They'll do anything, they will say anything, they will do anything they can to win, and we don't. We want to play fair, and it's not gonna work that way, you know. So I just I hope we start getting that. I hope the good, good people start understanding that good you know, like peaceful doesn't mean passive. And I said that in one of my rounds. You don't, We don't. We're not supposed to sit there and die with no resistance. That's not what's supposed to happen, you know. So hopefully we've got that. History has taught us, you know that. It's crazy how the media makes you believe that we are the most violent people in history. We've never been violent to anyone but ourselves in situations we're Violence is nurtured. Poverty is violence. When you look at when you look at any group of people that you put in the conditions that our people are in, violence has always been, you know, the response to those situations. So, you know, and they understand that if they change the conditions, that people's gonna change the conditions of our people. So that's I think that's something that we just have to focus on. And be very aware of who we didn't with. But in other news which brings me to my I don't get it. I seen that little Boozy where was arrested on federal charges. They said he went to court for his guncase, and then as soon as his gun charge got dismissed, the FEDS was outside waiting for him for some other legal troubles. And I said, wow, and it just it's it just started the dawn on me, right Like, I actually like Boozy. Boozy is one of the He's an honest individuals. I don't agree with everything he says, you know, but I respect the fact that he's man enough to speak his mind and not be swayed or anything. You know.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with everything any man says, but I respect that he is honest and he's he's unwavering in what he feels. He's not gonna let you change.
Speaker 1: His view on life.
Speaker 3: He's gonna live and die or whatever it is that he stands on. And that's that's to me, that's manhood. So I respect Bouzy in that regard. But what it brought me to is something, a new thing that I'm starting to see that I don't get a lot of these hip hop artists, rappers, you know, just people period. People are so public. They're doing a million interviews, they're on Instagram, they're on Twitter, they're doing these things.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 3: They are attached to criminal activity, right, And when I'm from, because I'm this way, I don't get where the school I came from is that when you were doing crime, when you were attached to anything that was illegal, you did not want to be seen. You were the quiet person. You wasn't doing no interviews, you weren't being loud, you weren't drawing any attention to you. But it seems this these days, the people who seem and that's you know, allegedly he's doing these things. But he did come to Instagram or Twitter and say that he apologizes to the family, so he acknowledged something wrongdoing or whatever. So I don't know whether he did anything, But what I do know is that it seems to be a new trend for the people who are attached to crime, who are doing crime, to be the loudest and most public figures to be seen all the time.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if people.
Speaker 3: Understand that that's not a good strategy, Like if you're doing something that's illegal, you don't want to be seen. You don't want people to say, if I see this person all the time, what is he doing, Let's look into his background, Let's just let's follow him around. He's always got something to say. He's always loud. Like I when when I was in the streets years ago, I did not want to be seen. I wanted to be quiet. I wanted to disappear. You know the OG's that I know that was getting money in the street, they weren't the loud ones they were. They were trying to be on the cameras. They didn't want to take no pictures, they didn't They barely had conversations with people they didn't know. I just don't get this new eraror of being flamboyant, loud and visible when you know that you're attached to criminal and illegal activities. I just don't understand what people are thinking. I really don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: Maybe they think they're hiding in playing sight, but.
Speaker 3: That when has that ever? But when has it ever worked? I hear is the theory of it, but when has it worked?
Speaker 1: When has it worked?
Speaker 3: You only you drew more to It's just like when you look at you know, when we look at Frank Lucas. You know in the movie, Frank was trying to be quiet. As soon as he wore that mint coat. You know, the police was like, who's that down there? You know what I'm saying, who is that with the mint coat? He got all of this and.
Speaker 2: That's it wasn't mean, it wasn't me. It was with even more expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that on and and then he realized he threw that ship in the fire, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I just think that and and the interesting thing about it is that his woman encouraged him to wear that damn cod.
Speaker 2: He never wanted to whear, he did it for her.
Speaker 4: That's a It's a lot of things to analyze in American gangs.
Speaker 2: Jewels, because it is American gangster has a lot of.
Speaker 4: Jewels, and it is and some great acting, which is a whole different conversation. But I mean, you're what you're talking about, is that is true that Frank Lucas did not want to be known, He did not want to be seen, although he was a philanthropist in his community, so that got him a lot of attention.
Speaker 3: It got him attention to where he was loved in his community. He wasn't speaking out, He wasn't he wasn't trying to be seen for the wrong thing. He was just seen as a regular businessman.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: He had his shot this and that. The community said, oh, Frank is.
Speaker 1: A good guy.
Speaker 3: He worked with Bumby Johnson, he was you know, he was his personal assistance. So he was known and respecting the community. But he he didn't want heat drawing. He always said, the loudest person in the room is the weakest person in it, you know. And I just don't you know, no disrespect to anybody, but I just want to know what is the mind state that comes with First of all, I don't condone criminal activity at all, but once again, I don't understand what is the mind state of this generation?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Is this the culture is not even generation because Boozy is not a young dude, So it's the culture. And what I realized that this culture has even allowed or it's even influenced elders. I've watched a lot of dudes that I respect for years that I thought with certain individuals start to get on this internet and just become less than what you know, what they are. You know, they've they've they've they've strayed away from their own morals and values.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, man, I just I really don't. It behooves me, it really does.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I hope, I hope that we find out that, you know, Boosy's situation isn't anything bad. I mean, you already said several times that you don't know what his situation is. But it's just the point that if in fact he did do something, if he did, then the the the theory that you bringing up applies that why would you be doing that whatever that could potentially be and at the same time being this loud voice that upsets people also because you know, that's the other thing, is trying to keep yourself out of the limelight to where you know you when he encountered police officers, he talked bad shit to the cops. He went and he wrote things and he says shit in their faces. Told him they don't make no money. You could come work for me. I'll get you some black women pussy, which I did not like at all. That really did upset me. I agree with you that sometimes he says things that and his and his his courageousness in terms of seeking up and saying whatever he feels that is attractive to most people.
Speaker 2: But I also see misogyny.
Speaker 4: In him and the way in which he speaks, and it's other things, other levels of ignorance that I have heard, and I'm not gonna going to ignore it just because I think he's funny.
Speaker 2: I think he's hilarious. But I also think that.
Speaker 4: There's you know, there's some there's just there's just there are there are moments, not just with Boosy, but there are moments with the Internet in general that I think brings out the worst in people because they are looking for clicks and likes and trying to be the most relevant. They're trying to Sometimes some people, I think that Internet like the.
Speaker 2: Red Light camera. I never forget.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Williams, our friend from Basketball Wise, she told me one day that she could be friends chilling, hanging out with some of the same women on the show, and then when the camera comes on, it's like the Red Light Special. Everything changes, everybody changes, everybody starts acting different. Things they didn't even discuss before those cameras came on becomes the issue during.
Speaker 2: The show and You're like, what are you talking about? Like we when when did this come up? We was just fine. So I think that the internet is like the Red Light Special and it can be pretty dangerous.
Speaker 3: It is, man, But I hope, I hope we started we just started doing better, man, So you know. But with that said, that brings us to the end of another Dope episode. Shout out to our analyst that we had on, Malcolm NaN's excellent analysts. Man, what is he? What does he say?
Speaker 4: He's a career York Time a New York Times best selling author, and he is also a national security and political analyst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's what he does. And he's he was very very and.
Speaker 2: He's obviously a Democrat all the way a Democrat.
Speaker 3: He's definitely Democrats, So you know, he let that be known. But he definitely has You know, when you when you're that entrenched and you know you are what would I say, you are interested when you're entrusted with the level of knowledge and national security things that he said that he's been interested with for years.
Speaker 4: You know, his his.
Speaker 3: His decisions come from somewhere. You know, he knows more about the ship that we know about. So when he when he's when he's talking about things. You know, I'm listening. I'm not so like you said, we definitely see problems in this administration. We see problems in all administration. But what he did, he did say that I always said, it is these people trying to kill us.
Speaker 2: I hear you.
Speaker 3: You don't like this person and that person, but these people trying to kill us.
Speaker 1: You know, and we don't.
Speaker 3: We don't acknowledge that. Then they're going to succeed. So shout out to him for his insight, and shout out to you for you know, being showing up as usual. It's still your birthday month all month.
Speaker 4: Five days, five more days before the cancer folks rolling So right now, still on the geminis, and I'm gonna find a way to turn up one more again before those five days come to a conclusion.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, Street Politicians Fan. We appreciate y'all for making us the number one podcast in the world. Yes, the number one.
Speaker 1: We love y'all. We here with you, You here with us, and we here together.
Speaker 3: If you got any suggestions, let us know Street Politicians part on Instagram, send us your dms, let us know what you want to hear. Who you want us to interview, what you like, what you don't like.
Speaker 1: You know we're here for you.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna always be right.
Speaker 1: Tamika D.
Speaker 3: Mallory's not gonna always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always, always, always be authentic.
Speaker 4: Into Street Politicians on the Black Effect Network on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: And catch us every single Wednesday for the video version of Street Politicians on iwomen dot TV.
Speaker 2: That's how we owned