Speaker 1: Have you had a few dates but don't know why they fizzle out, not getting a text back and don't feel like calling ghostbusters? Is your family asking when you're going to bring somebody home. If you've turned to your Awalita for help in the past, maybe she can help again.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is Date My Awalia First, where our fabulous a plays matchmaker for our star dater and three lucky contestants looking for Alwalita's stamp of approval.
Speaker 2: Let Awalita soul of.
Speaker 1: Your dating woes and turn them into dating. I'm your host, Vico Ortiz, side by side with our loving Ahilita. And when I say love and I mean tough love too, right, alilitas La Chankla is ready.
Speaker 2: Oh we love that Changla.
Speaker 1: We've got three lovely contestants visiting Awalita's house for the time today.
Speaker 2: Let's see if they can handle the heat.
Speaker 1: Last time, Alitha and I got to know Sam, Awalita's new niette. Sam is the life of the party, but it is looking to meet someone in a different way from the party life. Our three contestants are Skyler, an illustrator who is a dog enthusiast, Destiny who splits time between theater school and working at the nightclub, and Angela, who is making space and taking time for dating in a more furious capacity. Today, Awalita is going to get to know our three contestants more thorough through some fun games, and one might get a shot at quitting the apps and get to some muchin Famn, Hi, famm.
Speaker 2: You can come over and say a little hello, Hey, hi, hi.
Speaker 1: I know that you've been eavesdropping. What are your thoughts on the contestant so far?
Speaker 3: They're all so cute. Yeah, I like love a scorpio, love a somber person. You know that water and earth really match. Then the third person, Yeah, very cute, Libra, you know.
Speaker 2: So into it, into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, take it easy, Sam, Almost see you in a bit.
Speaker 2: Since Awilita has had.
Speaker 1: Own cafese though, with these three sweethearts one on one, we're going to bring them all together for a few.
Speaker 2: Games before Awalita.
Speaker 1: The signs of one of our contestants is the one for Sam.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Okay, my darlings, welcome back today, my Awalita.
Speaker 2: First, you all impressed.
Speaker 1: Akalita on these speed dates, so we have to do a little sum sum to help her decide who is the best match for our main data.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play a few.
Speaker 1: Group games before sadly we have to send someone home. But don't know, YOI HOI I know, I know, But for now, let's see who becomes your favorite Niette. We're gonna start off with the game we all love call hypothetacols. We've all let our brains get the best of us, running through with the what if scenarios and wondering how we might act in certain scenarios. So in this game, we're going to present you with some situations and ask you to think about what you might do if you found yourself in these little pickles.
Speaker 2: I don't like pickles. Hour lead that. What's your first hypothetical? Okay, listen to this one.
Speaker 4: What would you do if you found out you have to go to the Meddala in twenty four hours?
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's a good one, Angela, take it away.
Speaker 5: I would go, and I would stunt to say the least one of my hobbies is actually designer like plus size, ethical fashion.
Speaker 2: Excuse you? Is there anything you do not do?
Speaker 5: And went to trust me and honestly, like one of my friend's favorite time of the year is live tweeting the met Gala red carpet, So I would humbly say that I would make Los Angeles and my friends crowd.
Speaker 1: That is a Libra answer way there, and I'm obsessed with you, amazing Destiny take us away.
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 6: I would ask Angela to help because I don't know any designers. I think I'd be good with the hair in the makeup part because on that all myself I do pretty well, you know. And sometimes I'll go to do photo shoots or something and people go, oh, you hired like a makeup artist or something, and I'm like, no, I just looked at a video on YouTube. But as far as the alpit, I think I could pull something together. I would probably have to go look up a store and get something really quick. It would not be you know, some Saint Laurent or something, but it will look high end. I would hope.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, what about you, Skyler.
Speaker 7: Let's see, I'm also pretty big into fashion, especially like sustainable and fifted stuff, so I'm kind of into creation as well as I'm you know, a designer and illustrator, so I'd kind of love to try and like do a last minute craft project to be on themes great.
Speaker 2: Ups, love love love. That's your question.
Speaker 4: What would you do if you found out later in life that you had an evil, long lost sibling who had been secretly conspiring to steal your identity for years? Dialer take it.
Speaker 7: I guess my first impulse was to be like, do you need help? I don't think you want my identity. I don't have like a ton of money or anything, but I'll like do whatever I can to guess you on your blast.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Angela.
Speaker 5: I know they're supposed to be evil, but I LOKI think it's really funny. And I would be like, can I get in on your grift? Can we make money off of this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Amazing? Hey, what destiny? What's your answer?
Speaker 6: I guess I would try to confront them about it or something. Do you if we could come to some sort of resolution about it? But you know, if not, then that would be horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's horrible. Indeed, I would eat that. Give us the next hypothetical.
Speaker 4: What would you do if your partner came home one day with a tattoo of your face on their entire back and want you to return the favor. Come on, Styler, I would be horrified.
Speaker 7: I would say, you need to set aside money to get that removed.
Speaker 1: That don't Oh my gosh, incredible, Angela, what's your answer?
Speaker 5: I would laugh. First, I would personally say no to reciprocating, but I wouldn't necessarily suggest that they have it removed. If they're happy about it, you know, why not? You know, a permanent reminder of myself on your body, that's the entire back What about you, Destiny?
Speaker 6: I guess I would be flattered, like if it was a good portrait. I don't know. I don't think I would personally want to get their face, but I do have a couple of small dumb tattoos anyway, so like I would maybe get their name or something like about my ankle and be like, hey, this, and then I could always just get it covered up. I guess if they really really wanted that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That is amazing, Well, thank you for showing us your true colors.
Speaker 2: I would eat that sadly. It's time for one.
Speaker 1: Of these qutis to you know, hand the road. Who are you gonna send packing already?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I'm so sorry. I know you hate doing this. She really does like fall in love with everybody. It's uh yeah, it's great. The prices in her great balls of fire.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love each of you. You have to know that a will Eita has a huge heart. But I have to consider our main dator and what this person is looking for. So, oh my goodness, this hurts so much. We're gonna have to say goodbye to Skyler.
Speaker 1: So sorry, Skyler. We love and adore you. You're so sweet and tender. Thank you for your energy and your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Skyler.
Speaker 1: All Right, when we get back, our last two contestants will go head to head in the final game before I will eat the decides who can handle the heat in her cossina. Yeah, welcome back today.
Speaker 2: Am I wily the first?
Speaker 1: Okay, folks, I know we've put you through a lot with the hypothetical game already, but we have one more game before Auralita picks her favorite Niette least.
Speaker 2: This let's go. This is a red flags game.
Speaker 1: Okay, contestants, imagine you've gone a few dates and they have been amazing.
Speaker 2: You are falling for this person really hard.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna present you with a few behaviors that some might find undesirable. So what would it take for you to call things off? Each of you will rank them from best to worst based on what you would put up with for an otherwise piterfect partner.
Speaker 2: Our lead that take it away? What are your first three kisses?
Speaker 4: The reflection in the mirror every morning, gossips about your sex life to your friends, lies about returning the clothes they borrowed from you, destiny.
Speaker 6: Okay, the kisses, the reflection in the mirror. I wouldn't consider that bad. I think it's good if that's something that makes you feel more positive or whatever. I mean. I do affirmations in the mirror, which I guess could be seen as the same thing, So I think that's good. You know, you want to be with somebody that loves themselves, I guess, so if that helps them, that's a good thing. I guess. The talking about my sex life with my friends would bother me a little bit, But if they're my friends, is gonna come back around to me, and then I would just come to them and be like, hey, if there's issues, you could just talk to me instead, you know, go right to the source instead of doing like a merry girl, because it's going to come back to me eventually lying about borrowing my clothes. This, I don't know if it would be a deal breaker. It does remind me of like of siblings a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would be like, hey, I know you're taking them, so just on up to the fact.
Speaker 4: If you can't bring them back, at least pay for them, Okay.
Speaker 6: Right yeah, or like we can share clothes or something if you want.
Speaker 8: To borrow them.
Speaker 4: I'm there with you. I'm there with you, Angela tell Us.
Speaker 5: So I think my first one that I would is sipping about our sex life to my friends. I'm low key a chronic oversharer, so I probably, honestly, I probably would be the one gossiping.
Speaker 4: So it's a little more like showing off rather than anything else.
Speaker 5: The second one for me is kissing the reflection. It's a little bit American psycho Christian Bale, not gonna lie. It's a little bit bigger. Again, it's like, as long as you're not mimicking, like making out with yourself like that's you know, to each their own. And my last one that I think would be this would bother me a lot, actually, the large returning the clothes. Yeah, like I said, like fashion is a really big like hotey for me, and I like really take a lot of effort and pride and money into like curating my wardrobe. I would like not only notice that something is missing, I would be like angry because that is that's like an important piece, like the puzzle of that is my wardrobe, and like you need to give that back if it's in my closet, it's probably like important, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, So three more on my end raises their voice when you advocate for yourself, rolls their eyes at you whenever you say something they don't agree with, makes you feel badly if you won't leave somewhere early with them when they want.
Speaker 4: To leave Angela, let's go to town.
Speaker 5: I think the one that I would be okay with is make me feel shitty for not leaving when they want to leave. It sucks that they made me feel bad, but you know, maybe they were already having a bad day. Like I could get over it and we can talk about it later. It's not really too big of a deal for me. I would say. Rolling eyes would be my middle It's more context dependent. Again, it's like, not the end.
Speaker 6: Of the world.
Speaker 5: If someone can post their eyes at me, even if it was my partner, if it made me feel really bad in the moment, I think we could talk it through. But the raises voice thing. I don't like anybody yelling at me. I don't like having shouting matches. If it was something that was like reoccurring, I would be like, this mode of communication is like not going to work for us.
Speaker 4: It's disrespectful. Yes, how about you, destiny.
Speaker 6: The bottom for me would be the rolling the eyes. It would irk me for sure, But I think compared to the other ones, it was the least the making me feel bad, Like I don't want to be made to feel bad about something that is just not that big of a deal, or like some sort of decision. But I think I'm in the same boat. If they really wanted to leave, I would probably be like, Okay, well you can leave and I will stay here. Likes that's how we would solve that, I guess. And then the raising the voice for me, it would be the worst one too, because I also don't like being yelled at like somebody that can't communicate or just screams or Whatever's like it's very triggering. I just don't like it, you know. So if we can't find a way to communicate, or if it's you know, sometimes two people just don't mention, it ends up being that way. So yeah, for me, that would probably be a deal breaker if it was a reoccurring thing.
Speaker 4: You are both very similar in that. That's very good to know. Now, last one, you ready lets their pets stay on the bed during sex, has never been dumped, and has only been the dumper refuses to take their shoes off at your Elita's house. Where's my Changla? How about it?
Speaker 2: Destiny?
Speaker 6: I guess the leaving the pet on the bed that is creepy and weird. I would maybe tolerated. I don't know. You know, some people are really they really love their pets, you know, so if anything, I would try to have a conversation like maybe maybe the dog can you know, go outside, or something like.
Speaker 4: Maybe the dog wents company and they just jumped on the bed.
Speaker 6: You know, I would just bad for the dog. At that point, I was just like, what, I don't understand the refuses to take the shoes off. That annoys me. I always take my shoes off in my house, and all my friends always know too. I always get something like take off your shoes. I just got a track stuff in there, so that for me, I know, it's like very much a cultural thing too. So depending on how the person grew up, you know, maybe they didn't grow up that way and I just have to.
Speaker 2: Maybe they feed stink and they don't want to take them off.
Speaker 6: Right, And then the I guess the other one has only been the dumper. I don't know if that's necessarily like such a bad thing too, because maybe you know, they just were not ready to be dating or whatever.
Speaker 4: You know, at least maybe they were just being real, telling it like it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I'm out of those ones that would be the top one, you know. But it wouldn't be like a deal breaker, you know, it'd just be something to be wearing, like, oh, maybe I'm gonna get dumb by you too.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Angela.
Speaker 5: So my thing that I would tolerate is the pet being in the room or being on the bed during sex. It's like all of our petsias naked or like pooping or peeing. It's like fine, they want to follow us. I get it. And my middle one that's like more context dependent. Is never been dumped, always been the dumper.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't like to assume that the person who is choosing to end the relationship also isn't heartbroken or distraught over it. Of course, sometimes I think they're unhealthy. Like Destiny said, they're not ready. It's not the right time, it's not the right person. And even if you're having a good time with that person and you care for them, sometimes it's just not the best decision for either of you, and that decision has to be made by somebody. And my thing that really pissed me off is definitely not taking their shoes off at my Abulita's place. I would be like, okay, like, let's get you some house slippers if you want. But if it was just like not respecting my grandma's space, I would just be like, well then leave, well bye bye. Wait in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you think you, thank you so so much for playing. We are going to pick a winner, but first we're going to do a little deliberation.
Speaker 2: Talk to you soon, Ahalita.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's time for us to let our beautiful contestants in our little secret?
Speaker 4: I think it's time.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, contestants, little did you know that our main dater has been listening in this whole time, And I know Awalita might have an idea of who she likes for Sam. But let's see if we have a unanimous decision. To all of our contestants, thank you so much on your search for love. Thank you for playing. We are going to pick a winner, but first we're going to do a little deliberation. Talk to you soon, a Wilita, I don't know. I'm kind of torn between Destiny and Angela. I think they both are wonderful people. I think they're both they would bring something very different and unique in Sam. I think that there are some great conversations that Angela can bring to Sam, and I also think that Destiny has a lot of emotional depth that maybe Sam.
Speaker 2: Is also looking for. I'm kind of torn between both.
Speaker 4: You're so right, Vigo. There's one thing that you mentioned that is the absolute truth. Each of them would bring something completely different to this relationship, and for that reason, we have to be a little cautious on who we match Sam with, only because we want them to pair up and be magnificent together. So let's talk a little bit about destiny. Destiny is a very creative person, has been battling with her own issues through the years and has come out a survivor, has come up on top of it all, is good at coping, good at communicating, is an excellent person. Wants to have fun, and we know that that's exactly what Sam wants. Not only that, but wants a supportive relationship, a place where she can be herself and laugh and have a lot of fun. And with Sam, I think they would have great, great adventures. Now if we look at Angela, well, they're a little bit more into the logical part of a relationship, not really looking for that foundation, but.
Speaker 2: Just seeing what it all leads to.
Speaker 4: So at this point, it's very interesting to see the difference between these beautiful human beings.
Speaker 2: But I still have to make up my mind.
Speaker 1: So we'll be back after the break. Welcome back to day might Alida first, okay, welcome back to our lovely, lovely contestants. The moment of truth is here. The jury has a verdict. Alida, tell us who who gets a shot at mum and why I.
Speaker 2: Do have a decision.
Speaker 4: Before I go into it, I like to tell you both Destiny and Angela that you're both amazing human beings. I love each of you. You have a lot to bring to the table on a relationship. However, at this point that Welita has to look out for our main data a little bit close. Who would be more supportive, who would have more fun, or who just has more of a parallel life and.
Speaker 2: Goals to where they're going.
Speaker 4: And at this point my decision is that the person dating Sam will be Destiny. Thank you, Angela, It's been a pleasure meeting you. You are amazing, such an educated person, so knowledgeable, you have so much going for you, your fashion. I'm looking forward to see and it's somewhere on the big runway, so please we will might just see you back in one of our shows, never know, so keep the faith and much like to you in your daily life.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much of Lilisa, Thank you everybody. I was very happy. Congratulations Destiny, You're wonderful.
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone, mo Cheesy Magasias to all of our contestants. Now let's get this little introduction.
Speaker 4: Go in Sam Destiny, Destiny, Sam, Hi, Well you're both here. First impressions, Sam beautiful and honestly so kind, seeming I.
Speaker 8: Don't obviously know you yet, but yeah, amazing.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Yeah, I was just surprised you were here the whole time, so I'm happy that.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you know I didn't see you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The one thing that I will let to suggests is that if you're going to meet, please don't take forever.
Speaker 2: Let's make it soon. Yeah. Yeah, we want to make sure that I see some two.
Speaker 4: Everybody has met and there's some wedding bells down in the horizon. Okay, girl, but for now, thank you so much for being here with us, and I hope it works out truly.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's go ahead and send our contestants away on a little virtual day. Yes, not going your strictly boyarer mode today. We can listen in, but let's back away.
Speaker 8: I love them.
Speaker 3: I felt like, I don't know, like one of those like seventies dating shows, just like sitting and watching me.
Speaker 6: Right, that's so cool. Yeah, I didn't know you were there the whole time. I thought afterwards they were gonna decide, so I was like, oh my god. They just listened to everything, but some of those questions for a while. It was funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and honestly like I didn't realize that I wouldn't get to pig. Oh you didn't get to pick no, would you?
Speaker 6: What would you?
Speaker 8: I would have picked you?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, yeah, because I'm like, well, I'm also sober, so that's like very important to me.
Speaker 6: Oh I love that. Yeah, So how long have you been sober?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, not long? So like about five months.
Speaker 6: That's still good. That's amazing. Yeah, that is a long time. So yeah, you should be proud of the month.
Speaker 8: You've been hearing three years.
Speaker 3: I think that's really beautiful, especially like working in like such a drink heavy job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it took some time, but once you get in a good place with yourself and things like that, then it doesn't bother you as much, you know.
Speaker 8: So yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: How I feel.
Speaker 3: Like. I've been to bars and stuff, so I'm definitely down to like go with friends and like, yeah, drink bread bull.
Speaker 8: I drink like so much bread bull, I smoke like so much health bar.
Speaker 3: You know, Like I was like, but yeah, it's definitely just like a different I feel so much better and like so much clarity. So it was definitely really important to me to like, I don't know, I don't have any expectations from any thing from this, you know. So, but it was just like definitely very important to me, I know, to like meet someone sober, right, well, part of LA.
Speaker 8: I live in Boyle Heights, how about you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm in like Hollywood area.
Speaker 8: Okay, cool.
Speaker 6: My best one of my really good friends, Yeah, they live in Boyle Heights. But I don't ever, I don't go there as much. I don't know if you come over here that often.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, I'm like for a reason, I will go over there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: But I'm definitely like for the East side. Bitch. That makes sense.
Speaker 6: You grew up in LA.
Speaker 3: No, I grew up in South Florida, and then I lived in Chicago for a really long time.
Speaker 6: Oh okay yeah, dang the yes cold.
Speaker 3: There right so yeah, that's like I love Chicago so much because it's like so much more walkable than LA. But I can't do that anymore, Like how like shoveling a sidewalk. It's just that it's just like I'm not I'm not really built for that kind of stuff. I'm kind of built for like walking out of my car, walking to a store, you know, just like I hate the steps it takes to doing stuff.
Speaker 8: There, are you from here?
Speaker 6: No, I moved here from Colorado's okay, so you get it with the snow yeah, I do not miss the snow out all the time, the worst thing. Yeah, but we mold around because my family.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you said you were yeah you're yeah. Yeah. I was also like raised by my grandparents.
Speaker 6: Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that is all the heat we can handle this week.
Speaker 2: Folks. Check back next.
Speaker 1: Time as we meet our next Na plays Matchmaker one's more. My Ailita First is a production from w V Sound and iHeartMedia is Mikeeltura podcast network hosted by me Vicords, joined by the fabulous Lenna Montenegro. They My Alita First is produced by Leo Clem, Nico Raguel, and Luigi vill Exkeive producers are Wilmer Valderrama, Leo Clem, and Nico Raguel at WV Sound. This episode was edited by Sean Tracy and Nico Raguel. This episode features original music by Gabe Lopez.
Speaker 2: And Alvaro Morello. The original artwork for this show was created by Mac McLain.
Speaker 1: Special thanks to our team of cupids at WV Entertainment. Special thanks also to our hopeful romantics this week, Sam Skuyler.
Speaker 2: Destiny and Angela.
Speaker 1: Additional thanks to Salt and Lime Media. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: See you next week and in the meantime. Don't do anything oh Alita wouldn't do. Just do it better. Misitous