Speaker 1: Guess who's back. Let's play ball. Welcome and everybody to Fantasy Brus. This is leading off. We're back, baby, welcome home.
Speaker 2: It is me, Joey p Joe Piezapia with me this season is my boy, the Welsh and baseball is back and so are we and we're excited to be here at a new time every single day, Monday through Friday at noon Eastern.
Speaker 1: We're opening ourselves up to a.
Speaker 2: Whole other coast. Now that's right, we're going worldwide. Welsh, I'm so excited to be back. The Peanuts and the Crackerjacks are back as well. In the YouTube comments, I am so excited to see these names. I gotta tell you it was get a little emotional before the show. I'm excited to be back and Welsh. I'm excited that you're here with me all the time as well. What's going on on, buddy may.
Speaker 3: I for a minute, Hey yo, what's up everybody? I'm very excited to be doing it and I'm glad to see everybody hanging out in the comments.
Speaker 4: It should be a it should be a year. It should be a very very.
Speaker 3: Fun year, and it'll be cool to have you hanging with everybody live every single day, well you every single day, me almost every single day.
Speaker 2: Almost every single day. We've got a lovely cast of characters. We've got Bogman joining us this year once a week. We're gonna have our boy.
Speaker 1: Ryan Warmly, it was gonna be joining us. We have Mike Mahyor.
Speaker 2: We actually let Mayor on the show last year, even though I protested he's gonna be back on the show again.
Speaker 1: I love you, Mike. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna have you, all of you together here and all of us talking baseball.
Speaker 1: We're making baseball fun, that's right.
Speaker 2: We're trying to remind everybody it's a fun thing to play fantasy baseball, and we're gonna be talking about that.
Speaker 1: We got some big news from the Cleveland Guardians. We're gonna get to that.
Speaker 2: And today's show is our twenty twenty two Bold Predictions. So when we get to that, we'll do our little countdown. If you've got some you could drop in there. We're gonna do the home run contest again. Last year we did that. It was a wild success. So Welsh, Bogmin, Mayor, we're all gonna be there. You're gonna be in it as well. We'll see if somebody is going to screw me out of it like they did last year.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I haven't forgotten, so I'm backed for a vengeance this year. Peanuts and cracker Jack, so we're gonna be doing that again DFS. Also, we're gonna be adding some prop stuff because we got a new sponsor of the show, Welsh and it's bet MGM. And I'm excited because you love you some props and I think this is gonna be where You're gonna shine here for everybody I do.
Speaker 3: And we've we've got a fresh little few ducats in the account to start making some bets. I was actually just making some of my future bets. I do love me some player prop bets and I'm excited to be tackling them all this year with our boys over at at bet MGM.
Speaker 2: That's right, our new sponsor bet MGM. Enjoying all your favorite sports like it never before. At bet MGM. Sign up using the promo code leading off that's one word, and your first wagers risk free up to one thousand dollars. When you register with bet MGM, you get instant access to a variety of parlay selections, features live betting options, player props and daily boost at odds specials, and with bet mgm at your fingertips, every play and every game matters more than ever. Sign up today and find out why nothing beats a win at the King of sports Books. We're the King of fantasy shows, so of course we're working with the King of sports Books. Download betmgm app or go to betmgm dot com to enter the code leading off again, that's one word to place your first bet. Risk free end up to one thousand dollars. Visit betmgm dot com for terms and conditions. Twenty one years or older, though got to be twenty one to go play new customer offer only. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Forwards issued as non withdrawabal free bets, site credit and also free bets expire seven days from issuance.
Speaker 1: Please gamble responsibly.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler promotional offer not available in Mississippi or Nevada.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot available in Mississippi.
Speaker 3: So do you have a crown? By the way, can't you should wear the crown when you do the read. Everyone's going to miss the Mandscape ads this year. Oh we've got some okay, okay, good, But I feel like when you do the bet MGM, you should be king piece of pa. There we go, There we go.
Speaker 4: That's all we're looking for.
Speaker 1: The crown is returned.
Speaker 4: It's just we're at the whole show. We're at the whole show.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I promise I will put it on for the King of Sports Books and I look play along with us.
Speaker 1: Look, you had fun last year playing the Home Run contest.
Speaker 2: Play along with us this year for bet MGM, because we're gonna be making those bets with you, and you don't have to spend a lot. You want to put five bucks on something, put five bucks. It's fun. You can make some cash, wells should. I just did a whole betting pros preview, So if you're trying to make some futures wagers, some over under totals, go check that out. It was a great show. But today's going to be about, obviously the Bold predictions. Before we do Welsh, I want to get your thoughts on Cleveland signing Jose Ramirez five year, one hundred and twenty four million dollar extension.
Speaker 1: That's not too shabby.
Speaker 2: It's the richest contract Cleveland has ever given out to a player, and it's for twenty nine year old who's registered at nine to twelve ops in over twenty seven hundred played appearances last year.
Speaker 1: Pretty good season.
Speaker 2: Thirty six diggers, one hundred and five arbi, twenty eight steals, one hundred and ten runs. Not too shabby, and he played every single game. What are your thoughts on this contract? Looks like he's not going anywhere anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it reminded me of what the Diamondbacks just did with Tell Marte, because you know, the Guardians team is just kind of disassembled, if you will, Like they don't really feel like they.
Speaker 4: Know exactly where they're going.
Speaker 3: There's Pseudo's still there with you know, they got Bieber, they've got a few pitchers, but you know they're still putting out like a deconstructed roster. So then those rumors, I don't know if you heard those rumors that happened yesterday. Hector Gomez obviously speaking for an agent, there was a Padres Jose Ramirez rumor that started getting hot and heavy because there were a couple other teams, but Hector Gomez tweeted out for the agent that the Padres were interested and teams were looking and obviously this was you know, more of that kind of contract negotiation type of stuff that was going on, and I legit thought that there might be something to that. But you know, it's a great deal. It's probably great for him to stay there. I don't I would have kind of liked him to go somewhere else and be out of that spot. But I mean, there are some players in the Guardians I absolutely love this year. I've got a bold prediction on a Guardian in this episode, not the one that you think. I mean, Miles Straw near the top of the lineup could steal forty plus basis.
Speaker 4: So it's a sneaky it's a sneaky.
Speaker 3: Like old school like Royals, this type of team, like they're just gonna have to manufacture runs. But hey, it's good to see him all set up, all locked in, and like I said, it just reminds me of like how the Diamondbacks look weird and look like they need to restart. But then they gave Katel Marte like this big, massive contract, and then the Guardians did the same thing with Juser Ramirez, obviously him being the lynchpin of being able to bring anybody in free agency in the coming years, because not a lot of people looking to jump over to Cleveland in free agency, nor Arizona Bogs.
Speaker 2: Now, look, there's Mike May already chiming in. Rule number one of baseball rumors. You can pretty much ignore anything. Bob Nightingale says that that is absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Or Hector Gomez, that's such a when you see their names or JP like, yeah, they're like, oh, they're doing a favor for an agent, that's what's happening here.
Speaker 4: They're doing a favor for.
Speaker 1: Some pretty much pretty much. Now, look, all your favorites are gonna be back here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do Joe's Tough Guys, We're gonna do the stat heroes, and Zero's a home run contest. I want to bring something else fun into the show, a couple other new things, because we're always trying to innovate here, and one of them is can we talk about this and it's and it's baseball related. I tweeted this out. I don't know if you saw this. Joey Vado did a TikTok. I did TikTok addressed as Ron Weasley next to some girl who's doing a sexy Ron Weasley dance and he's doing the same sexy Run Weasley dance. I'm trying to process this. If you haven't seen it, go over to joe Piece of Pa seventeen on Twitter. I tweeted it out. I'm still trying to process it. Wels, did you have any feelings about this?
Speaker 4: I had feelings.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure they're feelings I'm gonna share live. I mean, good for Joey Vado for having an outlet. He's found an outlet that he's really comfortable with, and it is I don't know if you saw the one he did before, where it was a lady going like, where's all my pool boys at? And then Joey's like huh. He gets up, he walks over to the corner. He's really far away, but he gets button naked in the birthday suit and then he goes into the pool.
Speaker 4: I mean, Joey Voda is having the time of his life.
Speaker 3: But I really would love like focus on baseball instead of Second Night Harry Potter dances.
Speaker 2: He had a great year last year though, but I mean, this has really turned me around on Joey Vodo.
Speaker 1: Also, we're gonna do this day in baseball.
Speaker 2: Which is gonna be fun, and tomorrow is going to be first real official. This is kind of like the preseason of Leading Off. Yeah, because we know everybody wanted the show to come back, so we say let's bring it back a day early today. In nineteen seventy three, Ron Blueberg became the first DH and now Welsh is twenty twenty two. We got a DH in both leagues. In nineteen seventy seven, the Mariners made their debut as an organization. Rick Suckcliffe threw the first pitch at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. So some fun little tidbits of today in baseball historically, but we want to make some new history and I think the new history.
Speaker 1: Is going to be this, which is bold prediction.
Speaker 2: So we're going to a count down here, Welshy, don't we start with your number five for twenty twenty two, And if you've got to make sure you comment in the comment section here on YouTube, and you can also you know, if you have a good one, maybe I'll bring it up here.
Speaker 1: Make sure you like the video too. It's very important we need the positive reinforcement.
Speaker 2: So Welsh, give me your number five on your countdown of bold predictions for the twenty twenty two Fantasy season.
Speaker 4: H Yeah, And it's funny because I just did.
Speaker 3: I just did a bold prediction show, so I definitely went and tried to pick some other ones. And I would love to hear what people in the comments have to say outside of Chad saying that I'm no Dan Harris. I am no Dan Harris, but I'm still a guy. I'm still a guy here. Come on, let's say he's he's just a man.
Speaker 4: He has that's so lean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I would liked to me last year either the Dan Harris is.
Speaker 4: Very skinny and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But one of the things we did on the end this League show was we were also curating listener predictions and just killing them, trying to kill and slam all their bold predictions. So I've got some new ones too that I might have done on that show. Number one at five, I suppose Bryson Stott will win NL.
Speaker 4: Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 3: There's a part of me that was tempted to say, you're not going to get any guy that broke camp in the NL is and like someone not breaking camp was gonna win the Rookie of the Year, which could have been a.
Speaker 4: Guy like Max Meyer, maybe even a Nolan Gorman, a.
Speaker 3: Couple of prospects that al is just stacked. But Bryson Stott, whom if you go look at team futures like we talked about, I believe is like nine to one on money sales. Azuki is the favorite. O'Neil Cruz makes a ton of sense. But Bryson Stott a completely crazy patient hitter who I saw in the AFL, a whole bunch broke camp with Alec Bohm. He could play two spots. They could play him at second if they wanted, but he could play short if d D struggles, I don't know what their plan is, or third base. A crazy, crazy patient hitter can be explosive on the bat. I think he can hit for high average. He's walked more than he's struck out in the AFL, and in spring training he was doing it for a period of time. I think Bryson Stott, given you know, five hundred plus at bats, is gonna be a guy that can take home that award because there's not a clear winner. You know, the AL is just so crazy stacked. So I'm gonna go Bryson Stott wins NL Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: You're right that NL market is wide open, and we talked about that on the Betting Show the other day. I'm gonna go nine number five here. Wander Franco will hit twenty five home runs. Not one single projection system has him for over twenty. In fact, the highest I could find anywhere was nineteen.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: There's more power in this bat, just like everyone kept telling me, Oh, Francisco Lindors.
Speaker 1: A doubles hitter, and I went yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you looked at the size of this kid When he has no shirt on, A guy is ripped, Okay, very strong kid.
Speaker 1: Power is going to come for wander Franco. He's just a boy.
Speaker 2: He is just a kid, for God's sakes. And I don't think he's gonna be a thirty five to forty home run guy. But you know what, I think there's more dingers in that bat that we realize, and I think you're gonna see some of them this year. So I'm gonna go out on a limb. Wander Franco twenty five home runs. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows I'm the Francophile.
Speaker 2: I'm the guy who loves Wander Franco more than anybody except Juan Soto. I love him just a little litle bit more, just a bit more. So that's my number five. Well, just go to you for your number four pick year for your Bowl predictions for twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Well, you picked a pitching one, so we're gonna have a little theme here for part two. My number four is the al Cy Young winner going.
Speaker 4: To Lucas Giolito.
Speaker 3: My bold prediction is Lucas Gioledo is gonna be way over two hundred strikeounts. Obviously, it's gonna have a sub three ERA eighteen wins on the season and is gonna walk away in a tight race with a couple different arms, but it's gonna walk away with the al Cy Young Award. Also, is a White Sox really push in and gonna probably be one of the best teams in baseball.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: That was my pick on the show for Cy Young, so I of course turned my key with Welsh on that one. My number four, I've got a signing on my own and the Cy Young in the American League is Justin Verlander.
Speaker 1: Let me go back in time.
Speaker 2: Twenty eighteen thirty four starts two hundred and fourteen innings, two hundred and ninety strikeout, sixty walks, a two five to two point nine to zero whip. In twenty nineteen, thirty four starts two hundred and twenty three innings, twenty one wins, nobody wins twenty games anymore, three hundred strikeouts, sixty five walks, a two six two ERA, and a point eight to one whip. Justin Verlander is very removed from Tommy John. Justin Verlander is on a mission. Justin Verlander didn't just come back because Justin Verlander came back for a reason, to prove again that he could be one of the best pitchers in baseball. And I think this al selling Ty Young Rice is basically open and up for grabs. So I want Justin Verlander to get that award. I already talked about it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I think you're drafting him right now.
Speaker 2: Is probably an SB three ish depending on the depth of your league. He could end up as a top five pitcher easily. So if you still got drafts going on tonight, I'm all in on Verlander, so you get all in on Verlander too, so we could ride that train together. Let's get to number three on our list. Your bold predictions, Welsh, what do you got?
Speaker 3: We're going bold right like when we do bold addictions. We got to go crazy and we've got to put up stuff that most likely he's not gonna hit and we're gonna get chastised about. But that's where my next three will go. At number three, my bullet prediction is three players are going to hit fifty homers this season, and one of those players will be Guardians. Fran mil Reyis, big, big power fran mil Reyis. I saw someone actually in the chat earlier mentioning fran miil Reyis win because I think everybody assumed if you've paid attention to me with you, yeah, there you go when when you and I have been doing shows. I mean, Rosario is a guy that I really really like this year, potential low key twenty twenty guy. But fran mil Reyis will be one of the big power bats.
Speaker 4: Not sure I'm super comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yet jumping in on him being my I did a home run futures bet, but I didn't put it on fran Mil but I think he would be one of the sneaky ones if you want to put, you know, sprinkle a couple of bucks to try to take a long shot. Three guys hitting fifty homers this season, one being fran Mil Rayis.
Speaker 2: I love the for animal, and you know, some people don't like to take certain guys if they would call fight at DH.
Speaker 1: I just never understood that.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're gonna get Nelson Cruz or Frandmill Rayer or somebody who's gonna lock in productivity there and you can leave him there, everybody else is just floating around, some dude into that utility or DH.
Speaker 1: Spot, get against thirty.
Speaker 3: Five bombs, everything's gonna be dead. NL d H is gonna kind of change up the game a little bit. I think that whole narrative of like DH only or whatever is gonna slowly go away. So I'm not yeah, I think it's just an old, dumb narrative of AL versus NL. Freandmill has also worked at some other spots. I mean, it doesn't even matter anymore. He's not gonna have to go to an NL park and try to, you know, work out at first base. But he has taken last two off seasons. He is they can work out in the outfield and at first base, so there's still a possibility there.
Speaker 4: But franmil is a live, live bat.
Speaker 2: My friends, Now I see all the peanuts and the cracker Jacks, and of course make sure you like the video Peanuts and cracker Jacks.
Speaker 1: That's important.
Speaker 2: But uh, you're gonna get to know all these people, Pickles, Wonky Penguin, go cards. Of course, mister Buster, who loves to bust on me, and he wants to know what jersey am I wearing it. I will show you, mister Buster. This is our Oh yeah, official Fantasy pros jersey. We got them at the Trinting trip in Arizona when I got to go hang out with my boy the Welsh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we all got to. Carrie actually was our team captain, so she chose the blue. I like the blue.
Speaker 2: I was gonna I was wearing it today to represent the team in the beginning of baseball and spring again and all that fun stuff. And and of course, uh, there's Wonky Penguin. I thought Joey was out with a thumb injury. No, it was a middle finger. I could show it to you. But again then YouTube comes in.
Speaker 1: And they strike out the video and then we can't watch.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: It's getting much better though. It's it's actually straight again. You've been working on that. It was not good, yeah, but now it's it's.
Speaker 4: Straight and one. So the practices.
Speaker 3: Then you've been this one and then this one.
Speaker 1: You do the combination.
Speaker 2: Again getting dangerous to getting canceled on day one, which is nothing new for you and I should I have been doing shows together for a decade, so this is this is just par for the Core with Welsh part for the course, I should say, oh my god, I did. I did a Welshism part for the Core. I just made two things that I put him together into a completely.
Speaker 4: Put it in the book. Put it in the By.
Speaker 2: The way, who were the other two guys at in fifty home runs besides this for Animal.
Speaker 3: Vladimir Guerrero Junior of course, and Pete Alonzo.
Speaker 2: Pete Alonzo, okay, Pee Alonzo the Polar All right, I'm gonna go here and he's gonna get more bold as we go. So Julio Rodriguez and Bobby Witt will both go twenty twenty this year and I know you're saying.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's not too bold. It is it is.
Speaker 2: Randy rose Arena did it last year, and you know what, he was only the eleventh guy in the history of Major League Baseball to have a rookie twenty twenty season.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't happen all that often.
Speaker 2: He is some other guys that have done it, because I did a little research, a little homework for the show today. Mike Trout did it, Carlos Beltrand did it. No, mad Gassia Para did it. Andrew Benintendi was the last guy to do it in twenty seventeen before Roseraina last year. So Julio and Bobby Witt both going twenty twenty. I got Bobby Witt in auction last night in the salary cap draft for seventeen Bucks.
Speaker 1: Felt pretty good about it. We did our little Fantasy pros team draft. It was a mixed league and it was it's a shallower roster.
Speaker 2: But head to head rodo categories. So love and Bobby Witt in that format. I'm a big fan. But you're the Julio guy, So what do you think? Do they got a chance here to go twenty twenty?
Speaker 3: What do you think, Yeah, you know, I definitely think he does. You know what's funny about this is again so I told you we just did on in this league.
Speaker 4: We did some bold predictions.
Speaker 3: We did five at piece Pogman Night, and I have one exactly like this surrounded around Bobby Wit and Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 4: But I have it a little bit different.
Speaker 3: I had that Bobby Wit wins Rookie of the Year and it's locked up by July first, in that Julio Rodriguez will come out hot, he will struggle May in June, and he will regain himself late July through the end of the year to have a very solid year. No Jared Kelnick stuff, but that Bobby Witt, and it's so crowded with Spencer Torkosen in there. Bobby Witt will have this sucker wrapped up by July first, and he will also go twenty twenty, twenty twenty on. Julio is gonna be a little bit rough, but I mean, dude, he wants to steal more bases and he's doing.
Speaker 4: It, so yours is very viable. But my take is that.
Speaker 3: Julio's gonna have more struggles than Bobby WIT's gonna have this year.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna have some struggles, but I think he's got such an enormous talent. And how great is it that we're sitting here opening day talking about the kids playing an opening day Dude, it's such a different environment when we have this now.
Speaker 4: I haven't been able to process.
Speaker 3: And it's something like during the draft season that we like, we didn't know how intense the CBA was going to be to rookies. It's something I've always wanted. It's like, hey, let the young guys play. It's the best thing for baseball. But we didn't really know the extent of how teams are gonna treat this. I thought more teams would be like the Ridiculous Pirates. How dumb an idiot to the Pirates look right now that they're like, well, we're gonna let Ownil Cruz just kind of Rowins and Cotrourz. We're gonna let them go down and work and winning. Competitive teams and some that aren't necessarily are putting out some of their best prospects.
Speaker 4: The Phillies put Bryce in Stott out there.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Padres put cj Abrams and the Pirates could, so I thought more teams were gonna do still the manipulation with the Pirates, and it didn't happen. It's the best thing for baseball, it really really is. Now they need to make sure they do one other big important thing, market the crap out of these young guys, because these are the guys that are going to get everybody else excited. The worst thing that baseball has going for it is drafted players or young prospects in the minor leagues that take two or three years for people to kind of come about, and everyone's tired of it and they're like, oh, okay, we're done with it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Getting these guys up now with all of that cachet is a beautiful thing. And I'm like super super stoked as a prospect person.
Speaker 1: It's it's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's good for baseball, Like we were saying, it's just it's good for fantasy baseball too. You don't have to wait for these guys and have to wait six weeks to get productivity.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to your number.
Speaker 2: Two Bowl prediction for twenty twenty two, because I've got spicier as we go, go, ahead, Welsh, this.
Speaker 4: One is definitely spicy.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a couple of ways I want to say it, but like the first off is this guy plays the majority of this season, which gets us there, and it is Adroberto Mondetsi Monday goes twenty fifty. But also this is the not bold prediction part, but also has a month where he hits one eighty, so he's the most volatile player in fantasy. He will have one month I don't know, win in the season while he'll hit one eighty, but he will finish the year twenty homers and fifty stolen bases by actually playing more than one hundred games.
Speaker 4: And I know air Cross just threw up in his mouth a little bit.
Speaker 2: So our boy Eric Cross from the Black Book at for Hat Track's great friend of us, friend of the show.
Speaker 1: But you know what you ain't wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he plays it off games, fifty stolen bases are well within his grasp. He's got more pop than you realize. And certainly that buck eighty month of July is something that could be staring us in the face.
Speaker 4: The thing number him back real quick.
Speaker 3: Just the thing that holds him back is that royal where they're sitting there saying we don't know if we can encount on him for one hundred games, and I think that's gone. I think that's just out of their brain at this point. But the injury stuff is a real big key that's going to keep him out. All right, what do you got for number two?
Speaker 1: Number two?
Speaker 2: What are your favorites? Luis Robert will have a thirty thirty season and win American League MVP. Let's go, and that would take that would take a show heyo taany injury, which is you know, something that always looms because he's a pitcher too. But there's one other guy I have on that board and I just love him. But really it's the thirty thirty prediction. No projection system even our boy Ero Cones ATC has him for more than nineteen thirty thirty season. I want to see all these great athletes start to take over major League baseball again, where we're talking about the Bobby Wits and the Luis Roberts of the world. I want to see these guys start to use that athleticism, start to take more bases, start to change the game back to something that we're more familiar with because stolen bases were significantly down last year. In the last couple of years, the trend is going that direction. I think we might get a reb in that with some of these incredibly gifted athletes we're seeing in the game. So that brings us to number one, Welsh, what is your number one prediction? And I have a bad feeling I know who it's going to be about.
Speaker 3: By year's end, the first round will be filled with fifty percent new players. So think of your preseason if you want, go and take a look at fantasy pros on the Baseball Ranker, never hard ship before the season starts going.
Speaker 4: Look and you're gonna see names on that.
Speaker 3: You see Mookie Bets, you see Corbett Burns, you see Garrett Cole. I am saying by years end, we will have fifty percent new players, and one of those players will be Byron Buxton as a first round talent at the end of the year. Just shoving it to Joe for his what was it his bust campaign that he's running out here. His false narrative is false flag whole mission that he's got against Byron Bucks and no, Byron Buxton, he is going to be a first round player at the end of this year, we'll be talking about where do we draft him behind Luis Robert? Do we draft him above Mookie Bets and Mike Trout. That'll be the conversation Byron Buxton, one of the new crew that will be inside the first round by year's end, Boom.
Speaker 2: Just for clarification, I want Byron Buckston to do well. It would make me happy to see you happy. It would make me happy to see Byron Buckston finally realize the potential.
Speaker 1: But I live in a place called.
Speaker 2: Reality, and that place is a harsh place where terrible things seem to always happen, and Byron Buckston seems to never be on the field. So again I'm uh, And look, and Mike Mayer here is chiming in. I think he's on your side. Mike Mayer says, Byron Buckston could play one hundred and sixty two games, had forty home runs to steel thirty bases in twenty twen eighty two, and I still wouldn't draft him in the first round last year.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because his name is not Ryan Mountcastle.
Speaker 1: So of course, Mike, Oh, that's true.
Speaker 4: You know what, But that's that's true.
Speaker 1: He had me there for a while and then of course at the end Mike stuck the night.
Speaker 3: No, there's a good there's a there's a true narrative to that, like all you know jokes aside. My two guys that I've got on here are volatile minda Se and Buxton, and there they are this exact idea that you talk about with bold predictions. They're players that have almost more talent than anybody if they could just stay healthy.
Speaker 4: But they can't. So he's not wrong.
Speaker 3: Here's what will happen Byron Buxton plays let's say one hundred and forty, one hundred and fifty games, first round talent, he'll still walk in with the narrative of well, he's always hurt otherwise and that will make it tough. So in like reality, will he be a first round or even if he has forty twenty Probably not to be honest with you, because people be scared, but he'll be right on the cusp of that same thing with Mondacy. Mondessy could steal seventy five bases this year with twenty homers, and everyone will still look at him and go, I don't know when's the shoe gonna drop? He had that one month. Those are things that follow those guys that make it tough at this point. Also, I'd say, do you think you ever see Jacob de Grom be the number one pitcher? Even if he comes back for two years and he pitches incredible that injury. The stigma that follows guys will always be something that keeps guys, smart guys like Mike Mayern and them off. But some of us who are willing to take some risks, We're gonna jump in the pool.
Speaker 2: Speaking of jumping in the pool, what a perfect segue. And I'm gonna take it for Jacob de Gram, Who's my number one prediction? You ready for this, boys and girls, I'm on close to the fire. Joey P's gonna tell you a story. Jacob de Grom will return to the New York Mets to pitch again this year, but he will return as a closer. That's right, no more starting pitching. It's gonna be the same path for Jacob de Gram as it was for Kenni Secresley, for John Smoltz, for Kerry Wood.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget carry.
Speaker 2: Wood was another one of these flamethrowing guys for a couple of years, striking out everybody until the arm burned out and then Kerry would ended up as a close.
Speaker 4: So will you repeat what you just said?
Speaker 3: Repeat what what is gonna happen to you?
Speaker 2: Jacob de Gram is going to become the closer, the clue for the New York Mets. Now, whether that carries over into next year, I don't know. But the only way they can get Jacob de Gram back and doing something contributing to this team and safely, I think, is in very small spurts. And let me tell you that could be a game changer, because we're talking about a guy who is unhittable already. You let him go and for one inning at a time.
Speaker 1: Forget it.
Speaker 2: I mean you just shortened the game. It's like Marianna Rivera's style. You shortened it down from nine innings to eight innings. So yeah, I know it's not what everybody wants to hear, but I can tell you this. I think that's the only path here for his fantasy value. So I see a lot of funny things here. Debram throws out his arm when sneezing. I saw wonky Penguin posts he or something in the chat about carry Wood once missed have a season because he found out of a hot tub, but who that happens to all of us? I know we're going to close things out here, so give me your take on the de gram take that.
Speaker 1: I have lots of why.
Speaker 3: I just want to point out I am clearly on road territory here. I'm on the road and this is your home turf because the chat getting on me about Byron Buckston and just idly sitting there as you just called.
Speaker 4: The best picture in baseball with every.
Speaker 3: Problems a closer and not saying anything. I clearly am not on home turf here on Fantasy Press. These guys are just nobody is saying anything, and people had an issue with my Byron Buckston. You guys, get out of here. I'm about to be I'm about to Scott Hall this and I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Be the bad guy.
Speaker 3: You guys are ridiculous for letting that happen. You guys are saying.
Speaker 2: Look here you go. JP's with you. I'm with the Welsh. But this is the whole point of the show. It's it's that you're like, you know, this is what happens. You know, I've brought the new boyfriend home. You're the new boyfriend and now they've got to put you through the ringer, and then by the end they'll say, I miss Welsh, where's Welsh? And that's that's I don't know, it's Look. This room will love you forever. This is part of the rookie hazing. Now I want you.
Speaker 1: To go and get me.
Speaker 2: Go, get me a sandwich, because it's lunchtime and we're gonna be here every lunchtime on the East coast or breakfast time on the West coast. Whenever you're watching, make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB and check that out.
Speaker 1: Make sure you like this video if you watch it. Those are our bold predictions.
Speaker 2: Just to recap once again, de Gram comes back as a closer, Luis Robert thirty thirty, Julio Rodriguez and Bobby Wit twenty twenty, Verlander, Cy Young Wander Franco twenty five bombs.
Speaker 1: Those are mine.
Speaker 2: The Welsh has Byron Buxton finally becoming a first round talent. I couldn't even say it. Adam Versue Month.
Speaker 4: Stopped in your tracks.
Speaker 2: Albert Delmontesigo's twenty fifty, but he also hits a buck eighty one month three players hit fifty home runs, one of them being the f Animal, Franmuel Reyes, Lucas Gilido winning the cy Young and Bryson Stott winning NL Rookie of the Year. I want to also remind everybody make sure you check out the King of Sportsbooks.
Speaker 1: Bet MGM. Gotta do it baby, every single day. Let's go.
Speaker 2: I love good prop comedy and of course download that used that promo code leading off for your first bet today.
Speaker 1: That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on.
Speaker 2: Will be back again tomorrow, same time, same place, and I just want to tell everybody, welcome home. We're back baby, leading office back here, Fantasy pros MLB. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Welsh. I'm Joey P See you next time, kids,