Speaker 1: Hey, we've got a brand new second date update for you today. Thanks so much for being here on the Pop Pup podcast. It's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning, and I am so curious to see how many people think this would be a deal breaker. What happens in today's call? I can't tell you. I can't tell you because I don't want to spoil the surprise. But I could actually be fine with it. Yeah, fine with it? I see that by Yeah, Alexis and Jose maybe not so much. Yeah, But before we get into the brand new call, what do we got for comments today?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Well, death Killed twenty two? Oh said? I listen to this every day at work and it's the best part of my work week. I always hear the comments get right out loud, and I'm hoping I can be on one. I have merch ordered and it's on the way.
Speaker 3: I love you guys, death Kill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a lovely.
Speaker 3: Name are you to be on the show?
Speaker 4: Is that exactly?
Speaker 1: And thanks for ordering the merch. Please tag us in a photo when you get it. It is only available for a limited time, so again the link to order that merch for a cause. All the money going to charity is in our show notes and let's get this thing started.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Second date update, I've got a genuine question.
Speaker 3: Are coffee dates good?
Speaker 1: What do you mean like good in what way?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I just mean some people can interpret them as being too casual or a sign of low interest.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know a low interest, but they're definitely.
Speaker 1: Catch Is it bad that I just feel like they're too sober? But that's just sober and you're probably not going home with them after Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe a makeout not a coffee.
Speaker 1: Makeout lead with bad breath.
Speaker 3: Book thinks most bars are too sober for liking. So the vodka factory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, I think that's nonsense because these days you don't know which weirdo you might be matching with on the apps. So grabbing coffee is a safe, low investment date in terms of time and money. Plus you get to see if there's a little romantic attraction when you cheers your machiato's and your pinkies touch.
Speaker 1: Wait, if.
Speaker 2: You would order that, you would get a more like girly drink than she did.
Speaker 3: My coffee cup, linger on your coffee.
Speaker 1: Cup, our coffee lips.
Speaker 2: Something's going on but that's exactly the idea our listener Craig had not with the Machiatos in terms of a coffee date.
Speaker 3: That's what he did the other day. Craig, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me. Good.
Speaker 1: I say good like he asked us a question.
Speaker 3: Good, you have a good day.
Speaker 2: Somebody needs some coffee this morning. It sounds like so, Craig, thanks for being on with us. Tell us about the date you went out with the other day. Who's this lady?
Speaker 5: Juliet is her name? And I heard the instro there, and I agree. Coffee dates are good.
Speaker 6: You can figure out a lot about a person's foundations on a date.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it sounds like just even you saying that you're looking for something more serious in the dating world. Right now? Am I assuming the right thing?
Speaker 6: I think it's time to settle down with somebody rather than do all of these cookups all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Get to know somebody rather than get drunk with them immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had Brooke for a second and you lost her again.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm trying to change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, drinking and hooking up, you really don't have a lot of substance. When you're sober, you get to know someone.
Speaker 5: You're building a better structure. No drinking and hooking up. You have too many substances.
Speaker 2: One so you said Juliet was this girl's name? How did your meetup go at the coffee place?
Speaker 5: Oh? My god, she's good. She's beautiful. She has beautiful hair, beautiful eyes.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 5: She's ambitious, just like me. My goal is not just to be regular millionaire. I want to be a multimillionaire.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, and how are you going to do that? Do we want to hear that I have a.
Speaker 3: Brook wants to steal the idea?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: I mean some people will say it, but they don't actually have like an action plan it except for like buy lottery.
Speaker 5: Tickets, investing, investing in the future. I just got to stay the course and be diligent about it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Did you tell her that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Was she impressed?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 6: I think she was impressed. And she I said, I want a mansion in a lake house. She said she also wants a mansion on a lake on a lake.
Speaker 2: So yes, isn't everybody was.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm looking for more like a shack in the middle of a city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hit the median income.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and no more, no more.
Speaker 6: No, you'd be surprised about how many people don't care about making money or any of that stuff. They just want to vibe and have a good time with somebody.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think both would be good. But all right, So she was into it.
Speaker 5: She was into it, and we're just getting to know each other. We talked about our jobs. She does marketing, she's an assistant marketing director, and a corporate She works corporate. I thought that was the coolest job.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 6: So and she doesn't even want to do that forever, like she wants to get onto even something bigger, which I thought was exactly my vibe.
Speaker 1: Right, And you guys are talking about like big future stuff like you see yourself, Like it's a lot happening at this coffee shop.
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Is that why coffee is more like a business launch kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a professional vibe when you're in there talking about business strategies and things.
Speaker 3: Where did you spend the whole time in the coffee shop?
Speaker 5: No, we went on a walk. We went I said, do you want to go for a walk? She said, sure, nice, and we took our coffees to go. We ended up at my car actually, and we're just We sat in the car and talked about life for a while.
Speaker 1: It's a while, but she trusts you. I don't know why getting into a dude's car is schedule and getting into a man's part. At least he gave her the coffee first. Yeah, in the car and takes her away. Okay, I got her. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We didn't go anywhere. We just sat and hung out in the car and continued chatting.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm just saying, it's a sign that she trusts you. That's all.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought you trusted me. And then I offered to drive her to her car, and she was like, no, I'll just walk. It's pretty close. But I was I thought that was like a little cold.
Speaker 1: Oh really good?
Speaker 3: Well you felt the vibe?
Speaker 1: No, No, I mean, I don't know. I think she may have just said that not even thinking that you would want to drive her. You thought that that was another moment of connection.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've heard a lot from you, Craig, but maybe it was too much talking for Juliet. Yeah, especially if I'm all excited on board, you.
Speaker 1: It is a good question. Did you do listening to Yeah.
Speaker 4: Of course, but it was the whole day was so much. I felt like we really connected. And I don't know why she hasn't taken me up on a second date.
Speaker 2: Maybe it felt to her like there was a lot of discussion and not enough like romance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like did you once put with cream on her nose?
Speaker 1: Got no, don't do that. Don't think you did.
Speaker 3: Three Well, then we eliminate.
Speaker 2: All right, we've eliminated one of the wrong things that could have happened.
Speaker 3: It confirmed I'm never gonna have a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can call her and figure out if there's anything else. When we come back and reach out to Juliet to get you your second date update right after this. Okay, thank you all right, now hold on second date update if you're just joining us for part two of the second date Update. We've got Craig on the phone, and Craig has an interesting strategy when.
Speaker 3: He goes on dates.
Speaker 2: He likes to talk to them, which personally, I'm more of the silent, mysterious type.
Speaker 3: Let my body do the talking. You just sit and stare, or let someone talk to my body. I'm not opposed to that.
Speaker 2: That's why I admire Craig because on his date he and Juliet spoke about their ambitious dreams and the giant mansion by the lake that the hope to own.
Speaker 3: Together some days.
Speaker 1: Well they didn't say together, Well they both would. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know what, how cool would it be to do a live update update five years from now from Craig's private island in the Caribbean. Okay, see, I was investments when now I see that for you, Craig, I really do.
Speaker 3: Let's manifest it today.
Speaker 5: This is exactly my plan. You don't have to tell me.
Speaker 3: I need to work on an Italian accent.
Speaker 1: Already said Italian beaches.
Speaker 2: It could be like an Italian design a Caribbean Italian beach.
Speaker 1: I mean, all new rich people have Italian designs.
Speaker 3: And fancy Italian cars out in the garage.
Speaker 2: On that one, guys, we got you, Okay, well cool. Hopefully when all that happens, one of us can live with you in your giant mansion because I don't do floors.
Speaker 1: Just by the way, I don't take.
Speaker 3: The bath up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime, maybe we'll find you your future partner. Here if we can get Julie yet on the line and get her to answer. So I'm dialing it right now.
Speaker 5: Good luck, good.
Speaker 3: Luck to you too. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Juliette.
Speaker 7: M Yes, Hi, Juliette. May I ask who's calling?
Speaker 2: Well, my name is jeff from a radio show you may or may not be familiar with.
Speaker 3: It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I've heard of you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, you follow us on socials or anything checking out Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: No, I don't follow you, Okay, you could.
Speaker 1: The YouTube is really good.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, Why are you guys calling.
Speaker 1: Me to recruit social media followers one of us needs. But actually the stage, Mommy, the whole show.
Speaker 3: The thing is, Juliet.
Speaker 2: We're calling because somebody reached out to our show asking us if we could try to get a hold of you. A guy that you went out with recently named Craig.
Speaker 7: He's called about me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he was excited about you.
Speaker 2: Because what we're doing here is a segment called the Second Date Update, and uh, we're just trying to help get him some answers because you're not responding to him.
Speaker 3: After you guys hung out the other day.
Speaker 5: That's right, That is right, Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So the age there.
Speaker 2: I guess what we'd like to know is what was your perspective of the date, because according to Craig, it seemed like a really good time.
Speaker 7: I think I just have some fundamental differences with Craig that are just not going to work out in the long.
Speaker 1: Cha dude, that's crazy, because that was like the thing that he was talking up with you is that he thought you guys saw eye to eye on where lives were going.
Speaker 7: And I thought so too at the very start. But the specifics are a little bit incompatible.
Speaker 2: I'd say, Okay, well, could you get specific with the pacifics.
Speaker 3: Specifically?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: So, okay, the date went really well at first.
Speaker 5: I was excited.
Speaker 7: To go out with him because he just was He's kind of a different sort of guy than who I normally go out with, Like I usually I've been going out with a kind of shy guys lately, and he's more of like a loud, assertive, cocky, like entrepreneur type guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: At anytime you say entrepreneur, I start to worry a range of what.
Speaker 2: That she's worried that someone makes more money.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, but.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go ahead, keep going, Juliet. He's ambitious and confident. I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You were liking those things about him, You were excited to try that out.
Speaker 7: Yes, so I also bring in quite a bit of money, and I'm looking for somebody kind of similar. I'm a hard working woman, so I was excited to go out with him. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think a lot of people like to date like minded, career wise people right around the same income.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you want if you're a driven person, you probably want to be around someone who's driven.
Speaker 3: These are all positive things.
Speaker 2: What we're trying to figure out is what turns you off to him?
Speaker 3: Like, why wouldn't you call him back?
Speaker 7: So we went on a walk and uh, at the end of the walk, he asked me to come back to his place.
Speaker 3: Oh he felt the vibe that much.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. He needed to bring that up because I thought you guys just went and sat in the car and talked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we we didn't go anywhere. So he took me to his place, and his place was his car. That's all he has.
Speaker 5: What Wait, he left in his car.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so he's living in his car to try to save money is so extreme.
Speaker 3: So he doesn't have a place to live, he's putting.
Speaker 7: It all in investments, yeah, he said. Instead of spending his money on rent, he's buying banana coin and spank chain and stuff.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Not the banana coins? Is that cript though? It is?
Speaker 1: Is it jokes like sixteen year olds?
Speaker 7: But it really is a real thing. I looked it up after the date and it does exist. I was skeptical too.
Speaker 3: So what part of that was the turnoff to you?
Speaker 7: So he has enough money to afford his own place, but he's choosing to live in his car. He is actively choosing to do that, which I just think is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Well, so you know, I have a friend who lives in a minivan and he can come hang out whenever I need him to because he can drive him somewhere.
Speaker 7: But would you date him though?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, he's single.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's a good point.
Speaker 5: I will say.
Speaker 2: When we spoke to Craig, he didn't mention that he currently resides in his vehicle. He just said, you guys hung out there and I would love to ask him about it. Because he is on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good thing they have cell phones because it's not a land light. He's calling on, Craig.
Speaker 5: Are you there, I'm here. I'm listening to all yeah.
Speaker 3: So, uh, why don't you talk to Juliet about what you just heard?
Speaker 6: Well, I told you, Juliet, I told you that I could get a nice apartment if I wanted to. I'm just making a smart financial decision, and you could do the same thing.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Also, I didn't tell these guys that I lived in my car. Thanks for you blew up my spot there?
Speaker 1: Did you say this?
Speaker 7: Well, maybe the reason why you didn't tell them is because that's weird. Fitness and sleeping in Walmart?
Speaker 1: Personal friend is too? Is there everywhere?
Speaker 5: Yup?
Speaker 3: Yup? And is your friends super rich?
Speaker 5: Alexis?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. At least that's a van. Yeah, well, you're in a car.
Speaker 5: I'm not just in a car. I'm in a tesla. Hello.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so uncomfortable to sleep, yes, and no privacy.
Speaker 5: It's worth it for the dream of the lake house and the helipad, which you were on board with.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm on board with that, but I'm not on board. Who's sleeping in a car where you can't even stretch out?
Speaker 5: Juliette, where's your money invested? Now? I can get your money in the right crypto.
Speaker 7: Oh damn, Morgan Stanley's taking care of my stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't need to keep it to stick up for him a little bit. Like every billionaire has some story about how they struggled. Oh, they started it in the garage they were living with their mom.
Speaker 2: But they didn't have six figures at that time, yet they had no choice. I think there's a good chance that Craig is going to come back and throw this segment in our face and point to us as the people that didn't believe in him and propelled him to his ultimate success.
Speaker 1: Yea by the radio.
Speaker 5: Station, boss.
Speaker 1: See and remember this moment when I stuck up for you, Craig job.
Speaker 5: I will remember none of this. I'm way too focused on investing right now. This doesn't even this is in the background for me.
Speaker 6: Okay, and Juliette, I'm just so shocked you wouldn't want to hit your wagon to this star.
Speaker 7: And let me know when you get there if you do. But I don't really want to be. I don't want to be slumming it in the meantime.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm kind of I'm.
Speaker 6: The kind of guy where you either get in on the ground floor or you get out.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 1: The good news is, Juliet, you never have to stay at his place. He'd always be at yours.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: And more good news is you wouldn't have to pay for your guys as next date, because we would cover that if you would agree to see him one more time.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: But I bought you coffee.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not.
Speaker 7: I owe you. Now you want me to ven you or something.
Speaker 3: It's like I make more than you do.
Speaker 1: Bro, just pay him in banana coin or whatever the.
Speaker 5: Hell that was called. Yeah, you know what. On the way to the lake house stream every dime count. So I would like you to bend mo meat for that coffee.
Speaker 6: Please, seven dollars.
Speaker 1: You could get up to tens.
Speaker 3: I didn't know after banana point stock takes off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna get up to like ten thousand dollars, No problem.
Speaker 7: I can afford that, and I can afford my rent, so.
Speaker 5: I'll ven you.
Speaker 3: Craig.
Speaker 5: You won't be able to afford your rent for long. Not in this economy.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, Okay, so there really wasn't much of a romantic transaction here.
Speaker 3: It was very business.
Speaker 5: But Juliet, no hard feelings. If you still want to invest, just let me know.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Starting to diversify, right, Yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I'm starting to feel like more of a debt collector than anything. This segment Freaking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: I'm a little embarrassed about this, but I vowed to be one hundred percent honest with my co hosts, and I will tell you after that call ended, I did venmo twenty bucks to Craig to put into spank chain for me, just it sounds like my kind of thing, spanks chains. It's not to like it sounds cool on you buy now because they're like, you have four million.
Speaker 3: Coins and you're like, wow, yeah, it's how you're worth one thousands of a percent.
Speaker 1: That was so annoying to me. I dated a guy who lived in his car and his mom was like a lawyer and his dad was a judge. You don't need to live in your car. Stop pretending you're poor.
Speaker 7: I hate that this is just you on Adult Time out.
Speaker 1: Yes, God, it annoys me.
Speaker 2: The only thing that we are willing to invest fully in though, is our listeners. Ye email the show so we can invest our energy into helping out your love life, or at least we'll try and go. Check out all of our second date updates on Apple, iHeart, Spotify or Spancify, whatever it is wherever you get your podcasts