Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio, our number two.
Speaker 2: On a Meet Friday, Ross Tucker in the Big Chair. It is always an honor and a privilege to be on with all of you listening to us on the Fox Sports radio affiliates all across the country. Those of you watching on Peacock or the YouTube channel. I got one of those. If you ever want to check that out, you can hit us up eight seven, seven to three DP show. My goal is to get to a phone call this hour. That is a goal. We will have Jordan Schultz from Fox Sports. He is a terrific NFL insider at ten twenty am Eastern time. You can, of course always go to Danpatrick dot com at DP show on Twitter. I'm at Ross Tucker NFL on all social platforms. Love those of you that hit me up via social later in the day because you're listening via podcast. If you ever want some more football talk, I got the Ross Tucker football podcasts. All right, So we got college hoops is going nuts right now. My favorite time of year for college basketball is these small school conference tournaments where your only chance to get in the dance is by winning these games. Like last night. Okay, I'm paying attention to Bucknell and Loyola. When's is there any other time that you even hear the names of schools like that or talk about them they like For a lot of these schools, this is like Iona against you know, against Niagara PAULI.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the Saturday schedule and it goes like this, basically for the next eight nine days, there are eighty Division one basketball games on Saturday that you can watch. And there's biggies like Saint John Marquette, right, but then Elon versus Drexel, Saint Francis of Pennsylvania, Yeah, versus l Iu.
Speaker 2: I could go on and on, you know.
Speaker 3: Then there's big ones penn State, Wisconsin I think, goes down down Fordham versus Rhode Island. And if you check every day, you could see which one's a semifinal and then which one is the final, because the final means there's a bit on the line.
Speaker 4: Marv and my favorite thing is those tournaments where the America East it's Vermont against Briant, and Vermont is twenty seven and one. Yeah, but if they lose to the fifteen sixteen, they had a great season for no reason. And they don't get in because they didn't win their conference tournament.
Speaker 2: And I couldn't name a single kid on either team, And I will root for Bryant like you won't believe it's the.
Speaker 3: Best sport from a standpoint is you don't have to know any players. You just know the situation.
Speaker 2: Everybody has a shot. You have a chance to go to the dance.
Speaker 5: Fritzy unless a brawl breaks out or some dubious record is set like we just had with a team that's scored twenty three runs in one inning the other day. It's like those schools are never going to be talked about until this time of the year. Like you said, there's no other reason to bring up those teams names.
Speaker 2: This is their chance at relevancy.
Speaker 3: And I like the schools where you don't know the state, like North Carolina versus Lipscomb. Lipscomb, I think I know it states him, but I'm not one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: It's either South Carolina or North Carolina.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's in Actually I have no idea. Like Colgate versus American University, it's in America.
Speaker 2: America's in DC and Colgates in Hamilton, New York. But I know a lot of these things. You know, I think it would be funny you if you guys threw at me like college basketball players other than Cooper Flag. You could probably throw the name of any college basketball player at me, and I would have no idea like I would. I would have to guess. Yet, Marv, have you heard.
Speaker 4: The name Ace Bailey?
Speaker 2: Ace Balley? Absolutely, he's a He's a lefty shooting guard for UCLA. That's Toby Bailey. What is he really? Who's as Balley? He's a power forward at Rutgers. Same thing, Setan.
Speaker 6: How about a name you absolutely know who? Jamal Mashburn?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 6: Ooh? Oh you Jamal Mashburn?
Speaker 2: All right? So they by the way, by the way side note, I got Jamal Bashburn Senior's autograph when he was I think a freshman. Before the greatest college basketball game of all time, Duke Kentucky Latner hits the game winner at the Spectrum in Philly. I went with my dad. Not only did I go to Duke's hotel and sneak up to the eleventh floor and get Laytner and Bobby Hurley and Grant Hills autograph. Then I went to the spectrum early, and as the Kentucky guys came out, I got Jamal Monster mash Mashburn's autograph. Awes. Okay, So his son, he's gonna either play for Kentucky because that's where he went or Saint John's. And because he's Jamal's son, I'm gonna say he's somewhat similar. He's six six and a half, not quite as tall as his dad, and he he's a small forward with a sweet mid range game.
Speaker 6: Jamal Mashburn Junior is a six to two guard who plays right in your backyard.
Speaker 7: Temple.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's an owl.
Speaker 2: Yep, gosh, I should have known that. I t up for not gosh. My buddy has has temple season tickets.
Speaker 3: All right, this guy's leading the nation and rebounding. That's a big deal. Carson Taut he's a six to eight junior.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're you're you're giving me all the information, but not the team Wichita State.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a half point in northern Arizona. You went in the right direction. He's a lumberjack. Give you half a point on that, Marv.
Speaker 4: What about Jace Richardson? Now, Jason Richardson, his son Jace Richardson.
Speaker 2: Yep, So Jace Richardson is a big reason why Michigan State won the Big Ten. He's a five eleven defensive stopper point guard. He averages four point two steals per game for the Michigan State Spartans.
Speaker 4: That's really close. He's about six three and some change. He's a shooting guard and he plays for Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where his dad played, right, Okay, that's like I know the dads. Nice. We're giving that to you, Polly. That's it. That's that's our quiz, all right. So I got I got two? Yeah, you go ahead, s Yeah, I got one more for you.
Speaker 7: Have we done?
Speaker 6: Eric Dixon, No, but I know him, I know him, know him.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to give you a dub here.
Speaker 2: I don't know him, know him, but I do follow Pennsylvania high school sports. Eric Dixon is like six eight six', nine went To abington and then went To. Nova's he's still At. Novas got? It you got?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes ready For march take That cooper. Flag that's, RIGHT i, KNOW i. Know all. Right so before we get to these, calls because there are some people that want to chime in on the Sad bengals Or Paul indiana wants to tell Me i'm doing a great. Job David ohio wants to Say i'm his FAVORITE cbs color. Commentator we'll probably get to those. Calls decent, chance decent chance we get to those, calls all, Right but two Things i've been. TEASING i need to get to number. One in honor of THE nhl trade. DEADLINE i am not going to pretend LIKE i know about the guys getting, traded ALTHOUGH i will SAY i saw that The avalanche got that guy from the center from The. ISLANDERS i have one hockey, comment the Four nations. Thing you guys are all into, that, right you know the reason why The United states? Lost? Right anybody want to give the number one reason why The United states? Lost anybody any?
Speaker 3: Guesses, paulie The canadian, goaltender basically pitched the shut up close but no, deeper deeper meaning.
Speaker 2: No no close but no.
Speaker 5: Fritzy canada was extra upset at the prospect of becoming the fifty first state of The United, states so they're playing with more of a chip on their.
Speaker 2: Shoulder also close AND i think a, factor but no anybody ELSE i have the definitive answer as to why The United states Lost keith And. Shell Tell, Chantel chickuck don't care enough about our. Country did you Watch matthew And Brady chickuck fly around the? Ice why would they only have two? Boys why would they only have two?
Speaker 5: Kids you're, Saying, CHICKUCK i just want to make Sure i'm, YES i think It's.
Speaker 2: Kokchuk i'm not a huge hockey. Guy what AM i, Saying? CHICKOCK i think is what you reversed. It put my thing, down flip it and reversed.
Speaker 5: It it's like she was in the building when he said.
Speaker 6: That by the, Way Missy, Elliott.
Speaker 2: Okay, YEAH i never. KNOW i just So i'm always fascinated by where in my big ginormous head was that right? There OR i flipped the name of two hockey players and then you guys called me out on, it AND i immediately, SAY i put my thing down for that. University, Impressive.
Speaker 4: Marv the best thing about that is that happens to me all the time BECAUSE i can't remember WHAT i went in a target, for BUT i can start the beginning of triumph by wu tang at the top of my head.
Speaker 2: Easily So, okay how do you say that chickuck's? Name so actually keep saying the way you're saying it might be better for.
Speaker 3: Ratings how is it say it so it's tkachuk say?
Speaker 2: It that doesn't help. Me kut, chuck kut. Chuck, yeah kah ku. Chuck. Okay so if they're, LISTENING i just Want keith And. CHANTELL i don't know if that's how you say her first, name But keith And chantell Ku. Chuck, yeah you guys quit on The United. States they have three, kids two boys and a daughter that plays field HIGH. Uva BUT i love The. Kochucks that's ALL i know about hockey IS i love those. Two. Dude they fought at the beginning of the First canadian. Match If keith And Chantell kachuck didn't, quit if they had two or three more, boys there's no doubt in my mind we Beat. Canada there's no doubt in my. Mind so evidently they don't care enough about The United states like the rest OF us. Do they should have had more. Boys, clearly you guys want to hear my career.
Speaker 6: ANNOUNCEMENT woa, yes whoa heyde.
Speaker 2: Major major career. News, yes you can, Guess.
Speaker 3: Paulie, well NOW i know you're still doing stuff for The eagles in. Preseason you're doing that for a. While you've been Doing Westwood, one you've been DOING. Cbs, yes is it other or is it part of one of the first THINGS i meant?
Speaker 2: Other, Wow, Fritzi i'm giving you guys breaking news. Here any. Guests you're gonna be hosting some game? Show, ooh, good guess.
Speaker 3: NO i think you're going to be doing something with The Kelsey. Brothers, ooh good Guess. No oh, maybe but, No marv.
Speaker 2: Big money podcast deal With. Spotify, ooh that'd be. Nice, NOPE i still have two more years on my agreement With DraftKings The Ross Tucker Football.
Speaker 6: Podcast, SEE i was gonna. Go The Ross Tucker Football media network has been. Acquired Who, no here's the. DEAL i am retiring from youth softball as a head.
Speaker 2: Coach, yes what about the? Kids after seven? Years the girls don't want to, Play my girls don't want to. Play i'm like. DEVASTATED i can't tell you. Guys have any of you guys raise your hand if you ever coached your kid in a? Sport any of you, Guys.
Speaker 6: I've been asked not.
Speaker 3: To, yeah my daughter asked me not to help out the.
Speaker 2: TEAM i cannot tell you how much JOY i. Derived and by the, WAY i stunk at. BASEBALL i was pretty good a football. BASKETBALL i was not a good baseball. Player BUT i can't tell you how MUCH i enjoyed coaching softball the last seven, years six years at least one of the coolest Things i've done as a. Parent first of, all did have those like twelve little girls looking up at you and listening to everything you. Say is just so. Cool and then when they do something, well in, particular If i'm being, honest when the girls that aren't as good get a hit or makeing, OUT i felt LIKE i won The Super, Bowl LIKE i like When chloe would get a hit or this girl would do. That i'm just throwing names out, there. RIGHT i can't tell you the joy that that gave. Me and maybe people listening can hit us up at eight seven seven THREE D, show or maybe you want to hit me up On twitter At Ross TUCKER. Nfl i'm giving advice to all the people listening On Fox sports or watching On peacock if you get a chance to coach one of your, kids do it one of the most rewarding experiences of my. Life, Seatan are you.
Speaker 6: Taking questions at this press conference or is it just a comparis.
Speaker 2: Statement, No i'm taking. Questions CAN i ask? Two?
Speaker 6: Yes have you considered staying on as the coach even though your children are not?
Speaker 2: PLAYING i have not Because i'm more likely to get involved in the other activities they're.
Speaker 6: Doing, right whatever they're going to do after, this, right so like.
Speaker 2: The one is going to do track and, field the other one is really into. Volleyball that they are consistently picking sports THAT i know absolutely nothing. About SO i can be a coach and have no knowledge What we got to the point in softball recently where LIKE i didn't know if they were supposed to tag, Up LIKE i didn't know some of this. Stuff like it was, like it's probably. Good so my last YEAR i did was, ten you this year would be. Twelve you probably. Good i'm not doing twelve of you.
Speaker 6: Really getting where the rubber meets the.
Speaker 2: Roads i'm going to the point now where there's Dad they're, like, uh you should have done a sacrifice squeeze. There i'm, LIKE i don't even know what that. Is. Bro, Yeah i'm just trying to hang out with my, Daughters, Fritzy.
Speaker 5: How do you juggle the dad and coach hat at the same time in a particular situation with your, Girls.
Speaker 2: YEAH i probably tougher on them THAT i. Am the others probably tougher on. Them, interestingly my girls were always for. Softball they were like in the. Middle they weren't one of the two or three best girls THAT i would look at and, say that girl's playing in high, school you know WHAT i, Mean like there's girls where you're, like she's the, one you, know she's the one that's playing in high. School but they. Weren't they were pretty. Good they weren't one of the ones that struggled. Either they were kind of right in the. Middle AND i think as long as they listened to, me everything went. Well but if they showed some attitude because dad was the, coach then we had a. Problem. Yep then we had a.
Speaker 3: Problem, yeply now some, logistics your daughters are two different, ages, correct thirteen and.
Speaker 2: Eleven they're seventeen months.
Speaker 3: Apart did they come up to you with this announcement of their retirement from softball? Simultaneously kind?
Speaker 2: Of so this is what's. INTERESTING i wanted one more. Year last, year the older one was twelve of, you the younger one was ten. You this, year they would both be on the same, team SO i was so by the, Way i'm the head. Coach my wife's the. Assistant so it's so fun to be like Coach, KARA i need you to go do. This you're like the boss my wife. Around it's. AMAZING i highly recommend. It did you?
Speaker 3: Try how much do you try to negotiate one more year with?
Speaker 2: Them we talked about. It, uh the younger one, Really i'm not ready to like. Oh the younger one really did not want to. Play the older one said she was not going to play next. Year she was just gonna do one more, year which is not really a great way to. Play and then they had other. Opportunities the older one her friends are playing, track her school, friends so she gets to do a sport with her friends at. School the younger one wants to try out for a. Musical so, whatever we're letting them make their own decisions, now WHICH i don't recommend at. All it's. Terrible they should never be allowed to make their own. Choices it was so much better than when when we made the decisions for. Them my daughters are sixteen to.
Speaker 6: Thirteen you've got a lot of stuff, coming, man a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: COMING i literally texted the other softball, coach So i'm, like we've decided to let our girls make their own. Decisions it's, Terrible.
Speaker 4: Marv imagine If venus And serena Told Richard, williams you know, WHAT i don't feel like doing this tennis thing.
Speaker 2: Anymore. Yeah, hey we will get into THE nfl. News there's a lot to it if you weren't listening. Earlier big news out Of cleveland With Miles garrett and. Ownership Plus Trey hendrickson's available for your. Team the guy had by far the most sacks in THE nfl last. Year let's find out where you might be going From Jordan schultz when we come back eighteen minutes past the hour here on The Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Show Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 8: Live, Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich, davis and together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports. Radio you could catch us weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 8: Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships what's.
Speaker 2: Going on in the.
Speaker 8: World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to. Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work. TOGETHER i mean that says, something, Right.
Speaker 7: So check us.
Speaker 8: Out we like to get you involved, too take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 2: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 8: I'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on. Planetar be sure to check Out cavino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: From five to seven Pm eastern two to Four.
Speaker 8: Pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search covin On rich wherever you get your, podcasts and of course on social media That's covino And.
Speaker 2: Rich just about halfway through the, show here on A Meet, Friday Meathead James vanderbeek aka The Ivy league meethead Aka Ross tucker in For dan, Today you're gonna get to our first guest of the day Momentarily Jordan schultz From Fox. Sports by the, way Former DIVISION i basketball, player college basketball, Player so good timing. Here we could talk To jordan about. That he is obviously also a TERRIFIC nfl insider For. Fox, quickly, THOUGH i do Want seaton to get an update on our poll. Questions where are we at with?
Speaker 6: That, yeah we got up there right? Now how much college basketball have you? Watched are your only two options are none or a?
Speaker 7: Ton right?
Speaker 6: Now about sixty seven percent of the audience have watched. None, YEAH i mean that sounds about right to. Me, yeah two thirds of the people have. That i'll be curious WHAT i think that poll will be On april, fifth at least flipped, RIGHT i bet it's ninety, ten ninety will say a, lot ninety will say, yeah a.
Speaker 2: TON i want to get to that maybe After, Jordan, like what is it about, tournaments, brackets march? Madness is it the? Betting is it the? Bracket is it the smaller school underdog? Thing? Like what is it that we love so? Much WHAT i love so? Much is following this guy on social media because he does a terrific. JOB i bring him on The Ross Tucker Football podcast at least a couple times a year because he's fantastic if you haven't been paying. Attention and this guy has established himself as one of the PREMIER nfl insiders For Fox. Sports he's the host of the weekly football show On. Instagram why Is Draymond green talking about football With Jordan? SCHULTZ i love that name Every thursday at seven thirty Pm Eastern. Time. Jordan always great to see. You appreciate you coming on the show. GREATLY i gotta start with this. Man this trade permission. STUFF i don't really remember this being that big of a. Deal it feels like this offseason The rams started With Matthew. Stafford i've honestly lost track at this point of how many guys have been given permission to seek a? Trade what is going on?
Speaker 7: Here, yeah it's out of.
Speaker 9: Control it's not just given Permission, ross it's to seek a. Trade it's given permission to explore a. Trade or are there other teams interested? In what it's become is the new and vogue thing to. Do and what you'll notice is a lot of the players that would otherwise be released are now being given permission to seek a trade or talk to other.
Speaker 7: Teams and it's funny because just getting back From indie last.
Speaker 9: Week that was one of the topics that continue to come up with, clubs not something that they. Like very annoyed that they can't just flat out release a guy when they, know very honestly and openly that the best they're gonna get for someone might be a seventh round. Pick they would rather just flat out release the, dude give him the opportunity to go sign elsewhere and then be done with. Them but given the circumstances of the, cap the fact that free agency is upon, us guys want as many options as, possible and as a result of, it you're seeing this permission to seek a, trade and it's really become out of.
Speaker 7: CONTROL i couldn't agree.
Speaker 2: More all, Right So stafford ended up going back to The, rams and it never really seemed like he was gonna. LEAVE i never really thought he was gonna. LEAVE i, know maybe you'll tell me and other people will say it was close to, happening BUT i just didn't a lot of REASONS i didn't think it made sense for THE. RAM i think it made sense For. Stafford what about some of these more well known guys LIKE Dk, Metcalf Trey. Hendrickson it sounds like people think those guys are are much more likely to be on new.
Speaker 9: Teams, okay so in terms Of, metcalf there ARE i would SAY i would put him being traded a higher percentage Than Trey. Hendrickson And i'll, start and the reason is BECAUSE i think Both seattle And metcalf know that this has been brewing for quite some.
Speaker 7: Time it actually goes back to last.
Speaker 9: Year and it's not That metcalf isn't, happy BUT i think both sides are looking for a fresh, start and you, Know dk is gonna fetch a significant. PRICE i don't know if it's gonna be a. ONE i don't know if it's gonna be a two and a. FOUR i don't believe it's gonna be a one and a. Three but the problem is for both him And hendrickson is that because these guys are bringing in, players the team trading for this not only has to give up the asset or assets draft capital to get the, player they then have to pay the. Player and both of these guys are seeking significant contract. Extensions In metcalf's case just turned twenty, Eight hendrickson is. Thirty, obviously in all PRO i Think metcalf gets traded. First i'm not sure If hendrickson gets. TRADED i talked about The chargers being in ON. Dk i've heard The Raiders packers among many other, clubs And hendrickson's, Case ROSS i would say that you have.
Speaker 7: To get Owner Mike brown on. Board these organizations are run significantly. Differently In seattle.
Speaker 9: You Have John, schneider who really has full autonomy from the, Owner Jody. Allen In cincinnati you Have Mike, brown who he in essence is running the. Show Duke tobin's THE, gm but he has nowhere near the type of autonomy That.
Speaker 7: Schneider has In.
Speaker 9: Seattle so if you're asking me about both of those, Guys i'd say there's.
Speaker 7: A better chance of SEEING dk get, traded.
Speaker 9: AND i would imagine even if both of them ultimately get deut That metcalf happens.
Speaker 2: First talking WITH nfl Insider Jordan schultz does a terrific job For Fox, Sports The Hendrick singh thing is very, interesting, Yeah, jordan because it felt like after The Max crosby contract came, out it kind of felt like The bengals were throwing in the. TOWEL i do not envision them giving him that type of. Contract so when you say you think there's a better CHANCE dk gets, traded do you think that The bengals might try to play hardball With hendrickson and making out this last.
Speaker 7: Year, yeah they have.
Speaker 9: Been in, fact if you actually Trace hendrickson back the last year he was he already requested a trade and went. Nowhere and so they have been meeting and delegating over the past few.
Speaker 7: Weeks and he was In cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Yesterday he went to the, facility met with the entire, organization met with The bengals brass and basically talked through it because he got an offer that was significantly below market value two weeks. Ago AND i think what happened Was cincinnati really had to Talk hendrickson off a, ledge hoping that he wouldn't request the, trade and then they met yesterday seeing if they could Find Tomin. Brown they ultimately. Didn't you, know he's been a staple within that. Organization you, know he's a first Team All. Pro but they also Have Jamar chase and T higgins to deal, with and they still want to Extend Mike caseki to Tiede in and Obviously burrow wants all these guys, back but you can't pay.
Speaker 7: Everyone and if you're The, bengals.
Speaker 9: This is not an organization flus with with Cas, Ross So HENDRICKSON i believe would sign somewhere in the midst and somewhere in the middle of three years eighty five to.
Speaker 7: NINETY i know he would love one. Hundred it's not.
Speaker 9: Realistic, Cincinnati I'll i'll, say without giving you specific, numbers is nowhere near that. Number in, Fact i'll give you, THIS i don't Believe cincinnati has come over this seventy million dollar.
Speaker 7: Threshold so that tells you how far away they.
Speaker 9: Are and as a, result you have to make a decision if you're The, Bengals, ross do you Trade Trey hendrickson or do you simply try to find a number and go up Where really you don't want to do, that knowing again that you had the receivers to deal.
Speaker 2: With, right AS i said earlier in the, Show, JORDAN i have no. Sympathy they have nobody to blame but. Themselves they really worked on any of these deals over the last couple of years and gotten ahead of this, thing gotten them. Done it's, interesting, though that you Mentioned hendrickson meeting with the Entire bengals, organization because there was news out this morning That Miles garrett requested a meeting With brown's Owner Jimmy, haslam and he declined to meet With. Garrett, what if, anything do you know about that or even just The Miles garrett, Situation, Jordan.
Speaker 9: Well you talked about The bengals putting themselves in a bad. Position they should have taken care Of Jamar chase when they had the. Chance they should have Addressed Pray henderson last. Year The browns are in a similar book with Owner jimmy has them and in all their respect to, HIM i don't know how you look At Miles garrett and you treat him this. Way this, is with out, question the face of the, franchise and he has been for the better part of the last. Decade he's arguably the best defensive player in football the year in and year, out and for you to refuse to meet with the guy is. Insane it really. IS i have no understanding of. It i'd have no sympathy for The, browns because like The, bengals they have put themselves in this. Position if You're Miles, garrett you obviously have made a lot of money and you want to. Win and he has made it abundantly clear to Us ross that he does not believe that can happen with The. Browns so if you're The, browns if you fast forward the, situation what are you going to accomplish by not meeting with the? Guy we're going into free agency next, week we're In. March it's gonna get worse and worse and worse if you don't handle this. Now and it's a it's a problem that's been festering for quite some. Time SO i don't get it at. All and If Miles garrett wants a, meeting you take the.
Speaker 2: Meeting, yeah speaking of THINGS i don't, get can you explain to me why THE nfl still has this quote unquot. QUOTE i guess they call it now the negotiating. Period for a while, there we were calling it the legal tamp tamp. Period it Starts, monday but then the official league year doesn't start Till wednesday at four. Pm do you understand the logic or reasoning? There, jordan not particularly.
Speaker 7: Roughs BUT i was not ever the greatest.
Speaker 9: Student you, KNOW i always give you. Problems you, know you're The Ivy league. GUY i went to the Fake Ivory league, School. OCCIDENTAL i was not the best. STUDENT i don't understand, it But i'll tell you, THIS a lot of the deals that you're going to see come together On wednesday And thursday have already been set by the time we're. There in other, Words monday And tuesday and really this, week over the weekend and going back to the combine is when a lot of the deals get set in. Place and then basically what happens is a lot of players will try and shop. Around they'll try to make sure this is the best, team the best number they can, get but essentially those deals in many ways are done By.
Speaker 7: Wednesday so, NO i don't understand, it But i'm not the Right i'm on the right.
Speaker 2: Guy ask well. So And i've also seen you, know reports out, There, jordan and you might have had a similar article about guys that are going to make more money than people, expect and you'll be. Surprised that just tells me that they already know how much they're going to be getting. Me how many of these deals are more or less already. Done how many deals do you think there's a pretty good. Idea people know who's going where for what, money but they're just they can't obviously say anything about it yet.
Speaker 7: Right now or Come, wednesday.
Speaker 2: Right, now and then eat it over the.
Speaker 10: Weekend, Monday i'd say probably a quarter of the deals somewhere over the, weekend and By, Monday i'd say a third to half of the.
Speaker 9: Deals, now obviously there's a second and third waves of free, agency the one year deals that are much, smaller but in terms of the you, know big, contracts the multi year, extensions all of that will will will be set in, stone or many months of that will be set in stone By monday And. Tuesday because what happens is a lot of the players and agents by this time have already met with everybody In, indianapolis The asians, half so they have a really good understanding.
Speaker 7: Of the, market not only with the teams but the type of.
Speaker 9: Money and then you have a lot of players that are entering that first, contract right so they're twenty five or twenty six or second, CONTRACT i could, say they want that three year, deal so that they can hit it again by the time they're twenty eight or twenty. Nine and so what you're gonna see is a lot of those three year. Deals the teams want the four year deal so they can get the. Control AND i just we talked About Trey. Henderson he wants the three year. Deal, Right that's that's what's in vogue for many players at. Agents so to answer your question, AGAIN i would, say right now you probably have a quarter of. Them fast forward to the Weekend, monday probably over a.
Speaker 2: Third what About Sam, darnold what are you hearing thinking in terms of.
Speaker 7: He's gonna do?
Speaker 9: Well, okay, YEAH i think he's gonna do. WELL i think he's Gonna we just, said would some guys surprise some. PEOPLE i Think donald's going to surprise some. People because, ross if You're Sam, donald you have to make the. Decision DO i go back To minnesota and stay With kevin, O'Connell who's resurrected my, career or DO i look elsewhere and maybe fetch a little bit more, money knowing that it might not be as good a. Situation let's, say for, example The, raiders, right The raiders need a. Quarterback they do not have a very good, roster but they do have a new head, coach and you have THE usc. CONNECTION i Know Pete carroll Likes Sam. Donald does that mean he's gonna sign? There of course. Not BUT i think he's gonna make a significant amount of. Money AND i don't know if that's in the mid to high thirties or low, forties but he will do very well in surprise some people are you have the cap that's gone up.
Speaker 7: Again that will help.
Speaker 9: Him and then you have the fact THAT a this is not a particularly strong quarterback market and b this is not a great quarterback class coming, out so that will Help Sam.
Speaker 2: Darnald most likely teams there two or three teams that maybe jump out For Sam.
Speaker 9: DARNOLD i would say With, DONALD i mean The vikings will love him. Back they're not going to be able to pay him maybe exactly what he. WANTED i know he loves it. THERE i know his wife loves it, there and they'd had a great. Experience look at The, raiders. YEP i would say those two to me make the most. Sense and then you have to wonder if a team Like pittsburgh gets. Frisky you, Know pittsburgh could easily bring Back Justin fields on a one, year ten million dollar, deal or do they, decide you know, what we want to go a little bit more and pursue someone like A Sam darnold or maybe In Aaron.
Speaker 7: Rodgers i'm not reporting.
Speaker 9: That i'm just saying The steelers clearly believe they're a quarterback. Away how DO i know? That they were very much in On Matthew. Stafford and you don't go after a guy Like Matthew stafford Or Sam darnold for that, Matter ross unless you believe your roster is good enough to.
Speaker 7: Win right, now.
Speaker 2: We still don't, know by the, way What stafford's new contract, is do We that still hasn't been. Reported i'm dying now how much less he took to stay IN la BECAUSE i know people would have given him a lot of money.
Speaker 7: Elsewhere, yeah so we don't know the exact. Numbers what we do, know AND i reported this was he took a lot less to.
Speaker 9: Stay you, know there was there were talks that he would have commanded a hundred over Two he's made he'll have made by this, come by the time this contract's, out or or by the time this contract is, over he'll have made well over three hundred or around three hundred million dollars in his, career so clearly it wasn't just about the. Money AND i had thought for about a day and a half that there was a real chance that The raiders were going to land.
Speaker 7: Him they desperately wanted. Him Tom brady loved.
Speaker 9: Him but what it came down to Was stafford met With sean McVay for quite some time six thirty seven in the, morning and they were able to find that common. Ground and you you kind of knew once they met and were face to face those two that it was going to. Happen so, yes he took, less but he knows that they were away from beating The eagles and going onto the.
Speaker 7: Playoffs that roster is really.
Speaker 9: Good it's a terrific young, defense AND i Think stafford ultimately decided that his best bet was staying IN la with arguably the best offensive coaching.
Speaker 2: Football check him out on social. Media he's At Schultz Underscore report On. Twitter that's WHERE i follow, him and certainly check out his, Show why Is Draymond Green talking about? Football With Jordan. SCHULTZ i would have liked to have Seen draymond play tight end or d End ACTUALLY i CAN i give you a funny story about that he did right for a game or, something or he did a game.
Speaker 9: He did a spring game Of Michigan state his freshman, year AND i said to, him you, know you could have easily been a tight. End i'm picking ab an edge. Rusher you got good, band good. Dip and he said to, me you know, what the second someone plused me with the two, HANDS i was out and ROSS i think as an offensive line and you can respect.
Speaker 2: That OH i love. It, HEY i would love to have played football Against draymond and try to light them. Up that's what makes it. Fun, jordan thanks so much for the. Time, man appreciate. It thanks, guys tak care, outstanding outstanding job By Jordan. Schultz there in the final, hour we've Got John, rothstein who's as good as there is when it comes to college. Hoops gonna kind of be a primer for us to get us all ready for college. Basketball here In. March we'll have WHO i called this civilian goat greatest of all, Time Greg cosel FROM Nfl films next hour as. Well but when we come back best what is this pably best week in? Sports best week in sports for? Us who had the best week in? Sport? Who? What? Team? Concept whatever you? Want buddy? Concept? Yeah interesting forty two Miss past The Hours Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Show be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp wrapping up our number two here on A Meet, Friday Ross tucker in the big chair For. Dan always a thrill to be part of this show with The dan. Nets we got to get to the best week in. Sports BUT i had a. GOAL i had a goal for this hour and that was to get to a telephone call at eight seven seven to. THREE Dp. Show by the, way you know HOW i know for a fact that you guys have a lot of people. Listening how about this tweet From Debbie carr At Ross TUCKER nfl love when you fill in for the great AT dp. Show love even more that going, forward you'll be rooting for the At Bryant, athletics where my Son ryan is a bulldog. Alum like who even said? That was that, You marv that Said Bryan you'll be rooting For brian Against? Whoevermont? Yeah or was that. SEAT i couldn't, remember but that's, like only your show has that many listeners THAT i, Say i'd be rooting the heck out Of bryan And Debbie carr chimes in and, says, oh my son plays for. Them, well there you, Go, ryan there you. Go, debbie raise your hand if you know Where bryant. Is, okay we got two the front. Row what's up back? Row? Fritzy nothing New Hampshire? Nope? Close, Seaton, Uh?
Speaker 6: Massachusetts?
Speaker 2: Wow and you grew up, here you're like your whole. Life, Okay, PAUL i know you know these. Things let me make Sure marv Knows Rhode island you? Had do you know where In Rhode? Island?
Speaker 6: Oh, paul knowing that it was In Rhode, island was the clue?
Speaker 2: There, Yes, Smithfield Rhode. Island? Oh does want to sip my tongue to be. Clear all, right let's get to a telephone. Call But, paul who's In indiana that's been hanging for a? While what's, Up?
Speaker 1: Paul?
Speaker 11: HELLO i just wanted to say hello to or good Buddy Roth. Tucker you're my favorite guest. HOPES i hope you take over When dan. Retires Dan patricks vers' Like Ross talker show the other, DAY i got some bad news But melanova cancer my. Arm But i'll tell you, What i'm gonna beat it because like The Ka chucks and, YOU i got some big Kid.
Speaker 2: Jones, paul thank you for the kind, words and you are gonna beat. It, buddy you got this. THING i know you can do, it, obviously just follow everything the doctors tell you to. Do, THERE i like The Ka chuck. WAIT i really don't know how to say. It you just. Did you got? It, Ohka just start with a c of a Tah, OKAY i can do. That start with a cuzin of a. Toa what About david In? Ohio what's Up? David?
Speaker 11: Hey, ross happy meat Head. Friday you had a question for. You who's your FAVORITE cbs commentator to DO nfl games?
Speaker 2: With thank? You, OOH i didn't know that was gonna be the. QUESTION i thought he was just praising. Me that's tough to do games, with you. KNOW i would Say Tom. Karthy NOW i love doing games on Radio Westwood one With Kevin harlan And Iron, eagle But i'll Say tom, McCarthy who's also the voice of The PHILLIES a because he's the voice of The. Phillies but B tom McCarthy called my games WHEN i was At. Princeton he Did Princeton, radio so it's just. Fun i've just known him. Forever we did games on radio for years and, years so doing games With tom ON cbs is. Fun Paulie ross over the past five.
Speaker 3: Years to be, HONEST i really enjoyed when you're on a, game like A mac game or some random college football game on A thursday night and it gets a little out of. Control it's like thirty one ten at. Half, yeah BECAUSE i know you're gonna get a little, squirrely a little loose in the second, half which is GOOD tv because the game has slowed.
Speaker 2: Down you gotta keep it.
Speaker 3: Entertaining and if some offensive lineman From maine has a, mullet you're gonna break it.
Speaker 2: Down i'm. READY i am ready for. That i'm also ready to hear the best week in. Sports let's start With.
Speaker 5: Fritzi i'm gonna give it To Celtics Gud Peyton pritchard And i'll tell you. Why seventy three points over his last three, games forty three On wednesday Versus, portland fifteen, boards fourteen assists over those three, games and the question, is with all of the weapons they have In, boston who's gonna stop them in The. East If Peyton pritchard is gonna put up those kind of, Numbers.
Speaker 2: Wow, Seaton.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna, Say Rick patino And Saint john's are having the best.
Speaker 2: Week that's a good.
Speaker 6: One they've had a great season, obviously but it feels like this past week is where sports fans really started to, notice, like, Dang Saint john's is really onto. Something they just became a national title contender out of.
Speaker 2: Nowhere or they were on The Jimmy Fallon show last.
Speaker 6: Night they were on The Jimmy Fallon show last, Night like people are really starting to, notice like, Man Rick patino's done it, again and it's just heading into this time of.
Speaker 2: Year it's. Perfect love, It.
Speaker 4: Marv i'm gonna Go Steph curry In New. York he had twenty eight points at The garden the other. Night he had forty last night At barclay's against The. Nets So steph is my.
Speaker 2: Answer, OKAY, Pauli i'm gonna go off the board here a little.
Speaker 3: Bit and the running back position in THE nfl really good year and the crescendo is the contract That saquon got THE nfl. Draft hampton From North CAROLINA jenti probably be first, rounders having a more than a bit of a resurgence financially and important.
Speaker 2: Wise i'm going way off the board and my best of the week in. Sports Sam kulp From Redland High school in Central. Pennsylvania he won the district championship and his first round match In. States sam was born with one. Leg sam has one. Leg i've watched videos of. This my Buddy Paul roberts does social media for AT Svs. Sports it is absolutely. Incredible he is wrestling kids with two. Legs he has one. Leg you know how big of a deal high school wrestling is In, PENNSYLVANIA a really really big. Deal to win districts and your first date, match super. Impressive let's we saw college hoops With John rosstein next when we come back here On The Dan Patrick. Show