Speaker 1: As media, I apologize in advance and just a discretion advice. I'm gonna say the N word a lot in this one. They're in context. Okay, they're here to prove a point. They're not superfluous, but if that's a thing, just I just want you to be careful. You gonna hear the in word a lot in this episode. All right, apparently some of you brothers needed a reminder. Well, maybe one of you brothers. We're gonna quote the bono hip Hop jay Z Light, Nigga Dark, Nigga Fake, Nigga, Real, Nigga Rich, Nigga Poh, Nigga House, Nigga Field, Nigga Steal, Nigga Come on, Light Nigga Dark, Nigga Fake, Nigga Real, Nigga Rich, Nigga po, Nigga House, Nigga Field, Nigga Old Nigga.
Speaker 2: OJB like I'm not black, I'm oj.
Speaker 1: Okay, y'all, somebody go play this song to the homie Harrison Floyd. Well, apparently he got his reminder. Now sitting in the Fulton County jail. You're still a nigger hub politics, y'all. All right, y'all, we've done. This is the two point zero.
Speaker 2: Version of I'm Not Black, I'm Ojy.
Speaker 1: I have an episode way like episode seventeen.
Speaker 2: Two years ago.
Speaker 1: Right, this song came out in twenty twenty, two years ago, No, not even twenty twenty. Song came out in twenty seventeen. My bad, Yeah, cause it came out the same day as Crooked. I was like, god, dang it. So this album came out the same day as my record called Crooked came out in twenty seventeen. But anyway, we did an episode using this theme.
Speaker 2: There's a few things. Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I will try to get through this without laughing too hard, be cuz, y'all. It's one of those things that ain't funny, but they funny. You know what I'm saying. That's not funny, but it's funny. OJ as in OJ Simpson. Now to catch you up on your pop culture O Renthal James Simpson as in OJ, the one that we kind of have as a consensus among the black community have accepted that that man killed that lady. The Trial of the Censury the White Bronco like just one of the most iconic cultural touchstones was the twenty four hour coverage of O. J. Simpson's case about killing his wife and her Boo Thang in Beverly Hills, VI's high speed chase and a wife Ford Bronco, where he was, you know, running from the law for having to turn himself in for this murder. And then he had this this set of lawyers, you know, Johnny Cochran, one of the best ones, you know what I'm saying, who did the if the glove don't fit, you must have quit, you know, and anyway, one of the most Like just just if you don't notice, there's like plenty of television shows series.
Speaker 2: Just the trial of the century was O. J. Simpson's trial.
Speaker 1: Why it was so important was because OJ was such a sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Everyone loved Oh J.
Speaker 1: Heisman Trophy winner USC I mean, commercials, movies. You ever seen a movie naked gun right, just just a overwhelmingly beloved could do no wrong, golden smile. Everyone loved O. J. Simpson and OJ was into them white girls. That man loved him some white women. But that's that's besides the point. But OJ kind of carried this arab about himself after he started getting money, and I remember my dad actually said something about it. I'll never forget this. This this should be reviewed for a lot of y'all. I remember my dad was talking about him when the trial was coming on, about this I'm not black, I'm o J phrase, because OJ kind of made it into like the gentry, you know what I'm saying, Like he was in the elites, the Hollywood, you know, Kardashians, Like that's part of the funny with this. So he it's pretty much understood that he was smashing the Mama Kardashian, which was crazy because his lawyer was the Daddy Kardashian. They family like the Kim and Chloe and him. They call him uncle o J. Like they family. This like the crust of the crust. So much so when you get around these circles, you start maybe thinking that these people actually love you, and that maybe you have gotten into some sort of post racial society, that the money you got somehow mean your blackness don't matter no more because you're not experiencing, uh huh, the type of oppression that the rest of us is experiencing, so you used to, so you might start to believe that you have transcended this race.
Speaker 2: That somehow another the rules don't apply to you, no mo.
Speaker 1: Until the system come and get And when this man was facing trial, all of a sudden, part of his defense and at first we kind of felt for it, because it's not like the LAPD doesn't have a history of planning evidence and all sorts of racist and prejudice practices towards the people of color in Los Angeles, in the long standing tradition of America's anti blackness. It's not like that's wasn't real. So we kind of felt, like, you know, usually like here's the thing, you know, you know, the whole like believe women type situation to where it's like, my default is I'm gonna believe this girl right, which is which should be your default? Now among black people, we kind of had that too, We like, that's my default. I'm a I'm a default believe this brother until you show me otherwise.
Speaker 2: And as this case was.
Speaker 1: Going on, it started to be like, I don't know, nigga, you on your own, and all of a sudden and you you black again because you needed the community on your side. You thought you were special, you thought these people ain't that the rules don't apply to you no more just because you because you're a nigga, in a suit. That's what you are. You a nigga in a suit. Don't you ever forget. And this is the position of the black community. It's like, listen, man, don't you ever forget what these people? What does country think of you? You may meet some wonderful people. You may be in a situation where you know, on an individual level you got people that are wonderful and treat you well and love.
Speaker 2: You for who you are.
Speaker 1: But I need you to remember, in the eyes of the law, in the eyes of the spirit of this country, rich nigga, pole, nigga, light, nigga, dark, nigga, faith nigga, real, nigga, house, nigga field, nigga. Oh, you're still a nigga. But OJ had a nerve to believe he was different.
Speaker 2: I'm not black, I'm oj Okay. Now, why do I bring this up?
Speaker 1: I want to talk to y'all about a man named Harrison Floyd. Harrison Floyd is one of the Code defendants in this RICO charge in Fulton County in Georgia, along with President Trump. Why this is an episode is because of all the eighteen Code defendants and but two black people and one of them brothers and what else is unique about this one black one? His bail was denied. That Nigga is still in jail as of today. See, he ain't had a bread for the high powered lawyer to negotiate the bond before he surrendered, So that means he got a stay in jail till he get a hearing and the judge could decide to issue him a bond agreement or not. Or it could be he got some priors. That's why the nigga can't go over there, like now you got priors, Cuz that's maybe that's why they calling him a flight risk. Nigga, you can't go August twenty third, No, no, no, what is this August twenty ninth As of today, August twenty ninth, they denied that nigga bail.
Speaker 2: Said he was a flight risk.
Speaker 1: He was like, uh, I turned myself in before Trump.
Speaker 2: I was one of the first ones that turn myself in.
Speaker 1: And he couldn't really afford one of these high powered attorneys like the rest of these dudes could. Rich Nigga. Poh Nigga, fake nigga, real Nigga. Still Nigga left. That nigga still in jail right now. Everybody else out, everybody out, everybody bob posted, everybody bail, everybody out, got their lawyers moving their cases to federal. Who's still sitting there with no help?
Speaker 2: The nigga.
Speaker 1: Listen, now, how you make it to this level of the game and the situation he in means that you have planted your tent in the neighborhood that I'm pretty sure all the answers of every ancestor we got told you. Listen, dead end. You know what I'm saying, do not pass this line. Road ends in a thousand feet through traffic. Merge left, Listen danger Will Robinson. Why do I say this? Well, I'm gonna give some generalities and then I'm gonna get into some specifics about this brother's movement, the Black voices for Trump. Now, let me do this disclaimer. Black people can be conservative. This is not what I'm saying. Black people can like Trump. That's not what I'm saying. We are allowed to be as diverse and to have as many opinions as we are people. We are not a monolith. We are a wonderful conglomerate, a symphony of voices and melanins and shapes and opinions.
Speaker 2: That are beautiful.
Speaker 1: Now, having said that, our collective existence in this land that we currently call America as we know it the United States, is we know it. We came or started coming because of the year sixteen nineteen. We're brought a slave labor. We were not as a collective, we were not immigrants.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a difference.
Speaker 1: Now that's not everybody obviously, you know, but clearly I'm not that dense. But we know how we got here, at least we should and we know that that original sin, at least we should know, was never really atoned for.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like I have a poem called twenty years, which you could listen to on YouTube on my YouTube on prop hip hop, where you know, if you was in an abusive relationship and a person stopped beating you one day and then but never like addressed the fact that you had been beating me for twenty years, there's like, there's some stuff we gotta deal with. You got to make some things right that if you never really attempt to make those things right, you just stop actively beaten me. I mean, thanks, jump saying, but if we're gonna do like a cursory understanding of America once we stopped, which the black people of the country who jumped into the Civil War and forced the government's hand, don't like that wasn't given to us against all odds, You know what I'm saying, force the hand of the government to sign the thirteenth and fourteenth Amendment. Inside of both of those amendments, it's still a possibility to enslave us.
Speaker 2: You just do it through prisons.
Speaker 1: And if that didn't work, of course, the country instituted the sets of Black Codes and Jim Crow laws to continue to purposefully subjugate us, to make sure that we main second class citizens because as an institution, we were never seen as equals. That is the legacy of this country that is still yet to be dealt with. Of Course, on the individual level, we understand that like everybody, everybody's different, just like white just like black people, white people ain't mine to left. We understand that, right. We also understand a legacy and a tradition. Oh y'all want to wear your nine to eleven never forget shirts. But you want me to forget about slavery, oh you you. I shouldn't be punishing white people for the for the for the things that their ancestors done. Well, Nigga, you wasn't alive during the Declaration of Independence, My nigga, you wasn't alive during the Revolutionary war. But are you not reaping the benefits of the blood shed? Nigga that was You are living in the privileges that your ancestors gave you that you celebrate every day. You show do like reaping the benefit. It's of what your ancestors did. But y'all never want to, you know, pay the consequences for what your ancestors did. I Like, I'm just saying those things go together, like that's just part of it. And I don't know what you could throw a rock in any area in history where like just like the trope that black people can't swim, No, I mean you think Africa ain't got islands, Nigga, We surfed, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Of course we could swim.
Speaker 1: It's because in America the beaches were segregated, and if we was in the pool, y'all these people was throwing bleach in them.
Speaker 2: Because to get us out.
Speaker 1: And I'm pretty sure there's probably a good level of PTSD over that ocean sitting somewhere in our bones. What I'm trying to say is you could throw a rock in any area of our civilization and know that these people is not thinking a bit much about you. You ain't gonna ever be seen as an equal like that's just and again again, please hear me. Robin and Sophie white as hell. That's my brother and sister. I love him, they love me. I'm not talking on the individual level. I'm talking about the systemic, right y'all. Y'all hear what I'm trying to say here, and they wouldn't disagree with me. They understand that's part of why we get along.
Speaker 2: They get it. But there's this understanding that we get now.
Speaker 1: And let me let me let me balance this because my daddy, you know, Black Panther daddy, he used to always say stuff like because one of my one of my best friends who I started our record label with. Y'all who know my history, knows who he is, and my father loves him like don't get me wrong saying, and we are still friends to this day.
Speaker 2: I love this brother.
Speaker 1: This is this is just an example of where the old generation moves into the new generation. The old generations to say, Okay, I know that's your friend. I know y'all, you know what I'm saying. What you got, you gotta watch out for these white people. Man, you know, you gotta be real careful. You know what I'm saying, Like, just make sure you're protecting yourself. Now they are saying this from their experience, and of course it was like I'm like, all right, you know what I'm saying, Like okay, like like that's my dog. You know what I'm saying, Like we've been in the trenches together. That's my dog. You know what I'm saying. And I'll hold no ill will on air animosity towards ll y'all y'all who know know who I'm talking about, Like I'll hold that's my like that's my brother, Like there is no that's my brother.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But it was just funny hearing the o g's be like, now, you know you better watch that white.
Speaker 1: Boy because they're like, look, you still a nigga like that because at the end of the day, and it may not even be his fault. I'm dealing with a situation right now where I don't even like there's there are records albums I have that I still haven't been able to get my masters back from.
Speaker 2: You still a nigga.
Speaker 1: You understand said I got a high powered lawyer, and it's not from them per se, it's from our distributor. Like, I still can't there's some masters albums I still can't get back.
Speaker 2: You still a nigga.
Speaker 1: And it's a thing that, like, no matter how much education you get, there are always moments that remind you whether you black, you brown, Hell females y'all like like women, y'all get it too. No matter how high you get, no matter how many suffixes you have at the end of your name, there's always these moments in the back of this low home that reminds you that, like, this system is not built for you to succeed in it, and there's a rarefied air that does not want you to be a part of it. You bowguarded yourself in here, and if you ever get too comfortable, if you ever get too comfortable, the reminder is gonna come and you have to keep your head about you.
Speaker 2: That's something. Listen.
Speaker 1: You have to stay woke, That's what we mean. You will have to stay aware. I don't care how nice these people are to you. A lot of times they just move different than us. Part of our success in this world is our collective identity, our collective understanding, our community, the fact that we look out for each other. You just saw the Montgomery brawl. You think they knew that, Dude, No, we just look out for each other. We might fight amongst each other, but I promise you this, We'll burn this bitch down, get us pissed. Thank you to pac That's what I'm trying to say. Yeah, you know, we beef. We got our problems. You know what I'm saying. We're not perfect. We human like everybody else. But when it come down to it, let me quote Easter Ray forgive me. I'm cheering for everybody black. That's just we all we got and.
Speaker 2: We have an understanding of that.
Speaker 1: But if somebody ever gets just lolled into believing that you gonna be different, that you done. You don't found the area of America, especially in a room full of people like the Trump organization. Nigga, what you thought? I just wonder how many conversations that you would have to shrug off and look if I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he was hitting the lick. You used to making a lot of money off this stuff. Maybe you don't believe none of it. Look where it landed. And then, in the case, we're gonna talk about it later. The person that he's accused for pressuring to change the voting and folk to God as a black woman. Now, listen, you ever worked retail, if you a black person, brown person, you ever worked retail? More black or brown people walk in and guess who they seeing to go talk to?
Speaker 2: Oh? You you you? Oh you know the move that. Look, look what happened to them?
Speaker 1: But you shrug it off and just be like our not talking about I mean, if you around.
Speaker 2: Listen, ladies, ladies, I'm talking to lady.
Speaker 1: And even now I'm gonna say ladies right now because I'm just gonna I'm gonna use a cis gendered like analogy here and if and if it applies.
Speaker 2: In any other combo, then let it apply.
Speaker 1: The thing I'm saying is if you around dudes and they just throw the term bitch around a lot, I tell you these house I'll tell you, he says, Man, you know these bitches, these homes, they're.
Speaker 2: Just like are you really telling yourself what they I mean, they not talking about me word really, No, you got your antennas. You know that.
Speaker 1: You see a bunch of niggas they talk like that all the time. You know you potentially are one of the bitches they talk about. That's the way they view women. I know you know that. Nah, she different she to homie. Nah, but you're cool though, nigga, No, you have to you.
Speaker 2: Have to know.
Speaker 1: You know he I mean, he'd be out, he be out, but he come home to me, girl?
Speaker 2: Is you serious? Look? Maybe she hit in't the lick? She like? He take me on vacations.
Speaker 1: I don't care. All I want to do is go on vacations. But look if you out here like, it's different with me?
Speaker 2: Oh it is? Hmm okay, So bring that all around.
Speaker 1: You can have your opinion, have your views, see the world, woevery wasteit. But don't you ever forget you have, especially in a room full of people that are verifiably carrie, verifiably racist tendencies and views.
Speaker 2: There I read this, nigga.
Speaker 1: This nigga contributes to bright Bart Cuz have you read any of the other articles? Do you know what they think of you do you know what they think of us? I think you do now because you sitting in that jail cell right now. Why the rest of them niggas. Ain't nobody called you huh. Ain't nobody loan you know money?
Speaker 2: Did that?
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody you know what I'm saying. Antybody looking out for you. You look, you stood before that judge, that white lady by yourself. You looking at that white lady by yourself. She don't care who you wrong with. Rich nigga, pole, nigga, still nigga. Look, look a nigga in Georgia too. Ooh good God Almighty, listen to me. When you bet the house on people that you already know is shaky. Look we listen. Let me tell you something. Man like you don't learn. You learn this stuff in the hood.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It be people you want to make sure you stay on their good side, you feel me, But you keep them a little you keep a little distance from them. There was a situation I'm just saying on some gang stuff where I was getting pressed pretty hard, right, and there was I.
Speaker 2: Could have I could have dropped the name.
Speaker 1: I could have called one of the big homies and said hey, I like hey, I'm getting pressed real hard.
Speaker 2: I need can you help me out here? And that nigga would have done it for me.
Speaker 1: He loved me, but i'd have owed him something. So you don't, don't. You don't send that text. I've said that before. Look, you don't. You got you gotta think real careful you send that text, like I don't know if I want to be in a situation with a person like that. Listen, If our relationships is transactional, which is what I'm trying to get to about these rarefied airrors, your relationship is transactional. They needed black people to vote for them. That's why you there. Niggas don't love you Now, I don't know specifics. Again, I'm just saying in gross generalities. Now, is it any Now you're gonna say who? Well Biden, nigga?
Speaker 2: You again you have to stay woke. You think I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm asking I'm asking you which, which which candidate you said I endorsed on this stage, on this on this platform. I'm trying to I'm trying to figure out which. I'm trying to figure out which one of them. I'm trying to figure out which one of them niggas. You see me do a crime for No, I'm keeping my head about me. I'm still a nigga.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Oh I got graduate level you know what I'm saying. I got graduate level education.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm a homeowner, I got equity and shit, I'm a business owner. I own my own coffee company. You know what I'm saying. I'm building that, I'm raising capital. I'm trying to get some investors. But I tell you what I know even in me trying to get investors. Humm, rich nigga, po nigga only way everybody money ain't good money. You know, you can't eat at everybody house. Oh that's some wisdom of the ages, because you won't learn.
Speaker 2: You're still a nigga.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about the story. So, I mean, it's articles all over the place, NPR, a Associated Press, Forbes, which is my favorite one. So I'm pulling from a lot of different sources. It's all out there, and you can, you know, fact check me, or you can fact check them. But I'm telling you the two places I'm getting it from. I'm getting this from NPR, from Forbes, and from Fox. Those are the places I'm getting it from and then just from Instagram because.
Speaker 2: I scroll through the.
Speaker 1: The Black Voices for Trump Instagram and wooh, that's a doozy. Now, basically, Harrison Floyd, like I said, one of eighteen co defendants in Trump's elections. So listen, Floyd is a he's a marine veteran, thirty nine years old, Okay, and he was the director for this Black Voices for Trump during the twenty twenty election Cysole cycle. Now what that is, like I said, that's like, basically, it's like a promotional crew. Like you're you're you're rallying the troops, you're giving out information, You're just trying to get the man elected.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But as we know, the brother struggles or Trump struggles with black people, and obviously so now his particular case, he is indicted for or accused of pressuring Ruby Freeman. She was an election worker in Fulton County after she refused to change the results of the county's vote right, and Freeman testified before the House January sixth, community last year that she was forced to leave her home for two months to quit her job after receiving threats after the election. I mean, that's a tough case. He was down there bullying them. I remember, like I said, when you read if you and a Rico nigga, Oh you guilty one, You're guilty of all.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Now, Floyd went to George Washington University, right, so he's graduated. Man, he's a former marine, right, and it said that like when he was getting served his papers to get a.
Speaker 2: That he was being indicted, that the nigga.
Speaker 1: Went off on them and like slammed the door almost be homey ass, Like, I don't know who the fuck you are. Now remember he and marine. Now, I don't know all marines. No, I'm not even gonna go there because that's not fair.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's a marine.
Speaker 1: And if he's a marine that also led something like this, then I'm say that that that that kool.
Speaker 2: Aid got swallowed co quickly.
Speaker 1: And he also one of his other gigs was he was an executive producer, like I said, of the right wing outlet Bright News, right and was a partner at Washington, d DC based Commonwealth International, according to his LinkedIn page. Again, this is on. This is from a Forbes magazine. Right now, listen, let me make this clear. This man's history of criminality in the in the political sphere is no worse.
Speaker 2: Than every last one of them.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I'd venture to say is a lot less. Of course, there's the case he's face right now because he assaulted the dude that tried to give him a subpoena to him saying, but you know, he's a marine, and marines be hotheads, not all of them, but they be hot it. But the point is he ain't no more of a criminal than everybody else on there. But he's still sitting in the sitting in the whole tank, still nigga. So it's just I mean, like like a black woman would say, I find it funny though, you know, for a group of people that feel like they being you know, unfairly targeted, that the justice system is a fraud and there's a witch huck behind them. And if they come what's Trump's line, they coming for me, then they coming for you with somebody they came for.
Speaker 2: It's noticeable for a man that helped.
Speaker 1: You, you suall ain't helping him.
Speaker 2: A huh No, none of y'all got.
Speaker 1: A lawyer friend, y'all could throw to the homie that helped you, try to throw throw the government help you try to overthrow a duly elected official. Help you try to a man that attempted to disenfranchise his own people. Y'all ain't got no y'all ain't got no spare lawyers. Y'all can't loan him no money because you could use y'all use his clout. Huh I wonder why, Well, I'll tell you why. Rich nigga pole nigga, fake nigga, real nigga, light nigga, dark nigga, house, nigga filled nigga, still nigga poor politics. Y'all all right, So what's the moral of the story. Usually I try to have some sort of either an explanation or like, okay, what are we like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: What we're doing here is being the voice of your ancestors. You can't listen. Man. When a person show you who they are, you gotta believe them. I don't care if they purple, I don't care what color they come from. But especially in America, fam, if you see a group, maybe they cool with you, but they doing some very prejudicial stuff towards.
Speaker 2: Another group that maybe you're not a part of. That's their character.
Speaker 1: If you see somebody willing to lie for you, a lot of times they willing to lie on you. You see somebody willing to lie about somebody else to get what they want, then they gonna lie on you to get somebody to get what they want. If you witness the person get thrown under the bus, you have to know you next, young brother, you gotta stay woke. You know, I don't know why I ain't thought of this before, but you know you could use promo code hood for fifteen percent off on terraform colbrew dot com. Like I forgot I own that company and this is my pod. Y'all, go ahead and bunch of promo cold Hood. If you in the cold Brew gets you some cold Brew, gonna get you some coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I can't believe I ain't think of this still right now, yo, y'all.
Speaker 1: This thing right here is recorded by Me Propaganda and East Loves Boil Heights, Los Angeles, California. This thing was mixed, edited, mastered, and scored by the one and only Matt Awsowski. Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean, it's incredible. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for Cool Zone media man, and thank you for everybody who continue to tap in with us. Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the homies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm and listen. I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics, We'll see you next week.