Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Part one be hang a thing with a member of the show.
Speaker 2: What's up, y'all? Happy weekend?
Speaker 3: It is Best Bits time and Ray Mundo is joining me. What's up? Right? We're in a different office and I can just tell that Ray feels a little weird right now.
Speaker 1: No, this couch is comfy. I used to sleep on this thing coming up through the ranks and the radio industry, but.
Speaker 2: Not the couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not handling the audio is very weird to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're watching me do it. You're like, you gotta handled or you sure? I don't know, very nervous. Well, the bits this week that you'll catch up on if you go listen to part two. We had Jelly Roll on the show. We did some headlines of the week.
Speaker 2: Everybody's kind of got a lot going on right now.
Speaker 3: We found out who got the movie role that Bobby was teasing for a while. Bobby shared his top five greatest country songs of his lifetime from.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty on Scuba.
Speaker 3: Steve did, in fact attend his son's kindergarden graduation. LaunchBox attempted to rent a movie theater like Benny Blanco did for Selena Gomez and Bobby surprised a listener with something from Eric Church, So really fun stuff.
Speaker 2: If you're wanting to catch up on the show on part two, ray oh, how is the house going?
Speaker 1: We're going to turt me totally off guard raiz O.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: You can't see in studio, but he is applying lipbomb. That was doing all of that.
Speaker 1: That was quite the spiel. I was impressed by. You didn't even really have a teleprompt or anything. I don't.
Speaker 2: I just have notes. All of this is just notes related trying to do things off the dome.
Speaker 1: That's what actual hosts do. But yeah, my house is awesome. I mean it's kind of I mean we finished it, so I mean now we're just living what people do that have houses. That's type of lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Okay, but have you learned like anything where you're sitting there and you're going, dang, now that we about a house. Now we have to get all these things and this what is something you've been like, I didn't really.
Speaker 2: Think this through.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we definitely thought everything through. But my flip father in law fl Ips, he's awesome, so he built the house. He's very handy and he knows how to do everything. But growing up, my parents always made me work on a house. So I know, you gotta water the trees, you gotta do the landscaping. You got a mow. Thank god we hired somebody. I know why I'm hiring. I'm gonna mow three acres.
Speaker 2: I feel like I could have. I could see you on a riding in the lawnmower with your beer.
Speaker 1: I would have done it. They told me, though, They said it'll be fun the first time, it'll be fun the second time, but every time after that then it'll be a job and it'll be a burden over you every single weekend. So that's why we hired somebody. But I just knew all the stuff that's associated with the house. I mean, you got to clean stuff. It seems like constantly. Yeah, this is life, Welcome to America, happy to be Land of the Free.
Speaker 2: It's Piper adjusting to her home.
Speaker 1: Piper had a little bit of a scare. She uh peed on me. I don't know if we can say that on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can say that on the podcast.
Speaker 1: It was a little weird. And then I found a pillow that was discolored and we realized she had a UTI, so we had to get her checked out. She's all good, which it could have been crystals, which is something you have to change their food, And then it could have been UTI, which could be serious luckily with the antibiotics who went away, or it could just be a disobedient cat where they'll do that if you leave them.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it is like in cats, you can't really train. You just gotta kind of welcome their personality how they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm glad she's okay. So she's on the mend.
Speaker 1: She is. Yeah, she's actually mended and better, but baser freaking. They're together all day together because Laura works from home. Yeah, so, I mean they have a completely different life. They live together, they take not take naps. Piper takes a nap in the chair while Laura does all her computer and her walking pad. And then everywhere she goes in the house, the cat follows her around.
Speaker 3: Oh so are they more bonding in now than you and Piper? I figgered that was kind of art of the case, but maybe more so now.
Speaker 1: Yep. And when she takes her lunches, she's outside on the patio. We got a little cage. Not sounds terrible, but it's very cozy that Piper goes on the patio with and just takes in the sun and all the different birds.
Speaker 2: Are you jealous of Bay's life? It sounds like you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm gonna ask Bones if I could work from home, and he's gonna tell me thank you, goodbye.
Speaker 2: He's gonna say mass sounded option.
Speaker 3: Now are you like, ooh, my next life is going to be a remote job?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're thinking?
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you I have the perfect life because everybody thinks that they do and you should or otherwise, why are you living it? I love being a city mouse during the week and then a country mouse during the weekends.
Speaker 2: Why are you not a mouse?
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Where did the mouse come?
Speaker 1: It's a saying?
Speaker 2: What saying? Because I haven't heard that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know it kind of maybe it goes with rat race. People refer to stuff with mice and rats use it sometime.
Speaker 2: I'm a city mouse, any country mouse. That sounds like it's so weird.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, got it, So you're getting your double life.
Speaker 1: I love driving into the city seeing the skyline podcasting with on my commute is awesome as weird as it sounds. And then on the weekends, just the no hustle and bustle. It is the slowest pace of life where I live. There's farmers, there's ranchers. Everybody drives thirty five miles an hour, everybody waves, and it's a completely different way of life. And then Monday morning, boom, get cracking, let's go. I mean, now it's the city and music.
Speaker 2: Row dang, so you're living it up.
Speaker 1: No complaints, no complaints. The only tough thing I was gonna say Ubers, But even that we can get. You can get Ubers simple and it's cheap. We go downtown for thirty bucks.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: It's something you would have never thought going in. But now that we have it, I mean it was maybe twenty when we lived on the West Side, which that's not much different. Restaurants instead of being the big box places, it's country store or so do you have.
Speaker 2: It like a grocery store by you or is it like a grocery like.
Speaker 1: Yes, like a country Mark country Mark?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's not like a Walmart or Target.
Speaker 1: We do we can drive to the bigger city, which is five minutes away.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the closest one to you isn't far.
Speaker 1: What people don't realize is because.
Speaker 3: You do keep saying this country thing, and it's like you're out in the country, but you're not.
Speaker 1: Lunch has seen it behind me. I got a neighborhood in front of me. I have nothing but plots and corn rows and property. It's a bunch of rich ranchers that never sold. So you can look for thousands and thousands of acres and it's nothing but crops. It's unbelievable. But then I can drive five minutes into a Walmart. But right next to us, you go to this country store and I mean all the different floor panels on the floor creek and you ask them if they have something, and it's an old lady working in there, and there's maybe five people in their shopping. It's pretty comical. I've told Laura Bezer. I'm like, okay, let's go back to Walmart. That was cute and fun and everything, but please take me get back to where there's like big.
Speaker 3: Have like a gas station for you kind of thing. Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. Okay, are you going to have a housewarming party.
Speaker 1: We need to we need to do a couple other things. Though our father in law got us moved in in six months, but we knew there was still stuff. We got to hang doors. You know, it wasn't it was ready to be moved in and got inspected and everything like that, but we just could we could have Yeah, we could have people over, but we also, I mean, it's a new build, so we're still kind of working on paving our driveway. So people would if you guys came over, say, this is just me to looking into it. If I did have a housewarming party, it just seems like there're gonna be enough parking. People are gonna be driving through a yard. They're gonna geting mud on their vehicles.
Speaker 2: So not quite house house guest. Already, we've had.
Speaker 1: Close friends, but it's just I wouldn't want to like show it to y'all because we've shown it to a couple of people that just barge in and bring themselves over to our house and we keep saying the same stuff and Beaser will go that door, we still need to hang that, and then we need a light for the entryway, and I'm like, Basil, then that means the house isn't ready to be shown. If we're still telling people little odds and end stuff that we should just wait. But her parents came over the other day and the list of I mean before it was Ray needs to do this, Ray needs to whatever decide on this. Now it's there's one light that needs to be had, an entryway light, and we need to whatever it's called, like put rye on the grass. I have no idea, Bermuda, are.
Speaker 2: These your tasks that you have to accomplish?
Speaker 1: They're just house tasks. So it's ready, so it looks good.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but I mean, like, are you the one that has to complete them?
Speaker 1: Now? My father in law comes in help most of it. I mean the door, there's no way I could hang it. I've told him, I said, dude, if you weren't in my life, I would have no idea how to do that. We got to hang some TVs. We still need an outdoor TV. But we got to grill rocking. We did our for Memorial Day. We did a pork missile. I made it a Glizzie. I put some cheese on it.
Speaker 2: What you have your own slang for first pork missile? I assume as a hot dog, right, correct? Okay, Glizzy, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: So, uh, Glizzy is a hot dog, but it's impregnated with cheese, so it's.
Speaker 2: What, well, why did that actually impregnant?
Speaker 1: Is that that's a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could just say stuffed.
Speaker 1: No, people go to baseball games down. It's all about the Glizzies and pork missiles.
Speaker 2: Goodness. Okay, all right, well I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I'm glad it's going good, you know, speaking of like getting your your house adjustin and stuff. I did try and get Raymundo Baser if you're listening to this, to adopt the dog that I have, and he said no, because you guys.
Speaker 2: Don't have a fence.
Speaker 1: No fence.
Speaker 3: That was his only reason though, Just FYI, I've tried to get everybody here to adopt her.
Speaker 2: I've really tried.
Speaker 1: She's cute, and I mean I've seen on your Instagram. It's just just not in a position to have a dog. You get run over my street.
Speaker 3: Yeah you hadn't mentioned that, but yet Laura's on Instagram petitioning for a dog.
Speaker 1: Do you have a fence? Yeah, I haven't arrest my case, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with you.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying Laura's on Instagram saying she wants a dog.
Speaker 1: Somebody keeps telling me I need to adopt a dog. Hey, do you have a fence? Show me your backyard?
Speaker 2: Are you going to put up a fence?
Speaker 1: Eventually it's three acres.
Speaker 2: Wait, you don't have to put up around the whole thing. You can just put a fenced area.
Speaker 3: One think you need to have a fence to area around the whole property.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily the whole property, but it would just it's just it doesn't make sense. You really would have to fence in the whole property because I mean, you drive by me and there's people with white picket fences. They're around their entire property. I have forty acres that's.
Speaker 3: Not white picket fence. Also, isn't closed in enough for a dog. You'd have to have a different fence anyway.
Speaker 1: I hate to get into fence talk one oh one here on morning radio. But maybe there would be an outer perimeter fence and then there would be the white picket fence where the dog can go. But there still needs to be a fence around the whole property. Okay, harrest my case.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so there you have it, folks.
Speaker 1: If there was a fence ad that ran right after that, that'd be perfect.
Speaker 2: It would be well.
Speaker 3: I did want to I did also want to bring up that I have two beefs with you here at work, one of them being that you got rid of my saltwater laffy taffies.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this should be a bigger topic.
Speaker 3: It was, you know why, because Ray basically called me fat.
Speaker 2: He didn't, but he basically did.
Speaker 1: I don't know why this hasn't been a public beef on the Big Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I prepped, it didn't make it.
Speaker 3: But you listen, there was this bag of saltwater laffy taffy now we're in the glassroom that a listener's hit. And they were so good, and we all went ham on them one day and then I kept kind of eating them a little bit each day, just like one or two. And one day I go into the classroom and they're gone, and I was like, there's still a lot lunch.
Speaker 2: We happened to laffy taffies.
Speaker 1: It was a big bag.
Speaker 2: It was a big bag. And I threw them out.
Speaker 3: I was like, excuse me, Like you could have just come and asked me if I want to know them, and he's like, you don't need anymore.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to phrase it like that.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what you said. He said you don't need anymore.
Speaker 1: And meant to say, we all don't need any more of those things. Who wants a little piece pocket of sugar? Just sitting five?
Speaker 2: I do you know? Some days are just hard and I don't really want to piece of candy.
Speaker 1: And it was a grain. You guys know, if you've ever been to the ranch in the country, there's big old farm bags of grain. That's what it was. Full of laffy taffies. I don't need that thing right next to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's why you could have given it to me, but instead you just chose for all of.
Speaker 2: Us to throw it out.
Speaker 1: Will you agree with me, though, I need you to admit to this. At least we're some of the better tasting laughy taffies gone.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so you had had a chance to yet because there were so many.
Speaker 1: Flavors, Will you admit under oath that we were getting to the bottom of the barrel on the ones that taste good and don't taste as good.
Speaker 3: I think it's possible, but you didn't give me a chance to truly say, yes.
Speaker 1: We're all the blue ones gone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, could you eat all the blue ones?
Speaker 1: And I had all the purple ones, We're all the purple ones gone. I rest my case again.
Speaker 3: Okay, so but you did don't call me that by saying that didn't need anymore.
Speaker 2: So that's really where my beeflies.
Speaker 1: It's in a landfill somewhere. If you're on it.
Speaker 3: Ray always gets mad because he Ray eats so many random snacks and it's my favorite thing to like see what he's eating every day because it's totally different most of the time. But he's been getting mad recently when I say, oh, what's on the menu today, I like document what he's say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you interrogate me the moment of vulnerability when I'm opening my mouth eating something. And everything we eat is finger food, so you don't necessarily look the most attractive or you look the cool like you know people in Italy making their wine eating some go chini or something like that. Yeah, here I'm eating uh, I don't know, like a little snack pack with walnuts and cheese, and you're like, oh, what are you eating? And I'm like looking like a little kid.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite thing.
Speaker 3: To keep it tally because you sometimes you got these little cheese with sometimes you got beef turkey, sometimes it's yogurt.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got the pack that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: But I mean you hear. Can we eat a pizza?
Speaker 2: No, but that'd be cool pizza, I'll be definitely.
Speaker 1: Can we eat a hamburger?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You have to eating sandwiches though.
Speaker 1: It's a time crunch. You're looking at less than five minutes and your hands have to be ready if bones wants to do something else, you are, you are cry So I'm saying finger food is the only thing that flies, and there's only so many finger foods. You're eating. Mush yeah, mush yeah, yeah, what are you eating?
Speaker 2: It's not fingerfood though it's a spoon.
Speaker 1: You eat it with your finger.
Speaker 2: I like talking about my food break it's mad when I talk about his food, as you can tell.
Speaker 3: So that's our that's our drama at work between right, and it's very tame drama.
Speaker 2: But it's it's like our little inside things that.
Speaker 1: Happened, and the grand scheme of things is pretty.
Speaker 2: Insignificant, So insignificant.
Speaker 1: Laffy taffy and finger food.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I think you're a hoarder because there's a room that sits over here and you.
Speaker 3: Have stacked upon stacks of things that you've gotten here that just sit in this room like it's your own personal closet.
Speaker 1: I agree to that, and I have been slowly cleaning it out. I had a Samhump poster that was signed. I had a Kelsey Ballerini poster that was signed. Put those in my man cave. And then there's just some other random stuff. I had an alcohol brand that was sent to me.
Speaker 2: Like a bunch of jars of peanut butter, uh something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Luke Bryan's peanuts.
Speaker 2: And then you have like a bag of chips also over in here.
Speaker 1: That's just my bag of chips.
Speaker 3: But then there was like all these packages on top of it, and I was confused why they were all together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there's a there's a bunch of Mason jars where Baser decided, uh, we don't really want to go this route with Mason jars, so I said, I'll take them to work and just drink out of them. So whenever I feel like being fancy, I drink out a Mason jar.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't think I've seen you drink out of a Mason drop at work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I should bring it back. It's I mean, but there you go. It's random stuff. I'll agree with you on that.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well there's our there's our work beef right moonto and high.
Speaker 2: I think it's already cleared up. It's just more funny. All right, we'll be right back and take it a quick break. All right, Right, this is gonna get a little bit vulnerable. Okay, you ready. When is the last time you had a little mint? TB? Do you know what that is? You have all your saying, I got my slang.
Speaker 3: Mint TV is a mental breakdown, like you had a moment where you just have freaked out.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily freaked out, but definitely the moving process in January? Is that too far back here today?
Speaker 2: No, it's your last mental breakdown.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I better check into a clinic if I had a mental breakdown today. But no, definitely moving because it was so many moving parts. My vehicle broke down and it was just it was a lot. I mean, it was, it really was. Because I'm pretty sure Baser had to go to the house immediately and start working. So we had to connect Wi Fi that day. We had to connect electricity. There was about five services that sewage, water, who knows, random Amazon package there was about It was so much going on at the same time. The movers could only do it in one day. So we had to go across town and then I went to work the next day and I worked that day. I left maybe an hour early.
Speaker 2: Dang, that was that. I remember this day. You were stressed.
Speaker 1: That was mental breakdown.
Speaker 2: What does your mental breakdown LOOKI like, uh.
Speaker 1: I mean inside, you know, it's like F word, A lot of cust words, sea word. What's that F word? S? But externally it wouldn't be a lot. But I just know, like I'll what I'll do is I'll just I don't have time to eat, so I'll just skip meals. I'm like, screw it. I'll drink an energy drink and then it's just okay, I just have to It's really fight or flights. There's like I have to do this or about five million things are going to screw up. So I'm just focused. So if somebody tried to stop me and have a conversation with me, which a couple people at the apartment complex. Did I go, I'm moving, Like, what are you doing? I'm moving? Get out of my way.
Speaker 2: A little bit of panic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no eating and no eating leads to hangerness.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had the whole elevator shut down to move our apartment and people would say, hey, what are you moving? Like get the elevator opened up, and I'd be like, have you never moved before? I'm sorry, Like I.
Speaker 2: Can see the panic coming back in your face.
Speaker 1: Like people kept, it's two flights, you can walk it. The elevator will open tomorrow. Thanks.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you could shut down a whole elevator.
Speaker 2: That's pretty ball or.
Speaker 1: Move We did for five hours, dang, so you could actually see their anger.
Speaker 2: Guys really are special there.
Speaker 1: It was great because apparently it's easier to load everything onto an elevator, too much information, and then take it all down on the same trip instead of just bring one thing elevator there, guys. Pro tip if you move in an apartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't know that was possible.
Speaker 3: That is a pro tip and a baller tip though, maybe because you guys are special.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I did have one the other day This is why this got brought up because I was packing for my sister's bachelorette party and I don't I don't know. It could just be more of a me thing, but I hate summer clothes.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, your sister got it.
Speaker 3: Like what, I don't like bathing suits and shorts and stuff.
Speaker 2: I just don't like wording.
Speaker 3: I don't feel good in them. Okay, you know this is a body image thing, got it?
Speaker 2: And I don't feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to the desert where I'm gonna have to wear bathing suits, shorts, a lot of minimal clothing.
Speaker 1: Hit her up on Instagram. Guys, let her know if you feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm talking to you right now.
Speaker 3: I let you be vulnerable about your elevator and your move right continue.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel good. I was like having this whole moment. I tried everything on. I hate it everything, and I just sat on the floor and just started crying because I got so frustrated.
Speaker 1: I got a miracle drug to that.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: And they had a drug spray tan.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know if you can't you can't tone it, tann it not even that you just feel better.
Speaker 1: I mean, my legs are so white. Right now. We got a vacation. We're rocking here in a little while, and I keep telling Laura we have to lay out, we have to get spray tans. Why are my legs so white? I can't wear shorts.
Speaker 2: You look like Edward from Twilight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you dicussed my legs, and I can say it because I have really white legs.
Speaker 1: Makes no sense. Yeah, Laura is as a perfect tan already.
Speaker 2: She's so annoynat tan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I'm telling you down in the lineage there's some sort of American Indian or something. Because she'll get lay outside once and be good the whole summer. Her legs just stay tanned. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm so jealous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I tell her, I'm not even ready for our vacation. We're going to Charleston and I can't. I can't go. I'm gonna have a mental breakdown. I can. If the trip was tomorrow, i'd cancel it.
Speaker 2: See, so you get how I feel because I.
Speaker 1: Look like crap. I can't wear short.
Speaker 2: That's how I was feeling.
Speaker 3: I didn't like anything, and I was white and there was just so many things happening.
Speaker 1: So that was the mental breakdown. The bathing suits. That was it.
Speaker 3: It was just it was trying on all the clothes. I didn't like anything that I was wearing because I didn't like how I was looking, and I was so frustrated and watching just constantly looking at myself in the mirror, and I'm like, this is devastating.
Speaker 1: But did your other clothes look good?
Speaker 2: There was maybe one outfit that looks good.
Speaker 1: Okay. So my thing always is if you really could have made it so you didn't even get in a bathing suit, if it's a quick weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're at it, you're in Palm Springs, you're at the pool.
Speaker 3: You want to like, you shouldn't let clothes dictate, like live in your life.
Speaker 1: Correct, But what if you slept in till noon and then you come get up all groggers and a little hungover, and you go, girls, are y'all doing pool today? Hey, I'm gonna go get some Starbucks, y'all want anything, and then you just kind of do it so you never have to go to the pool.
Speaker 2: That is one way. But I have fomo, you have phomo.
Speaker 1: You know I'd be at the poo at nine am, they'd be out there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't sit in here. So that was my last little minty bee that I had. That's what inspired this.
Speaker 1: And you what you do through your bikini?
Speaker 2: I still packed it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know, one piece. Sorry, No, I don't know what the style is now. I don't even know this.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just a regular some suit. I don't know that it's like a full blown bikini.
Speaker 1: If you know the style, let us know, because I have no idea, key ones, what about for dudes? Is it baggy shorts? Is it tight ones? Is it speedos? I have no idea. What's in style?
Speaker 2: Are the short short shorts chubbies? Yeah, those are constantly style.
Speaker 1: They're the I mean, they are the best for me. I can't Yeah, I thought board shorts were out, and now I see dudes wearing baggy pants. So I'm asking, is it now the cool thing where it's the basketball style shorts? Again, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Somebody that's old.
Speaker 3: Is new again always okay, so probably probably back in style, But chubbies will then be back in style again at another point, so just keep with them.
Speaker 1: Chubbies are comfy. Yeah, I rocked them around the house.
Speaker 2: I think those always look good. I never see bad ones.
Speaker 1: Why do you wear swim trunks and I go because they're comfy. I just wear around the house. I live in the country, assume me.
Speaker 2: So you're just constantly wearing it, even though you don't have a pool.
Speaker 1: She keeps it seventy two in the house.
Speaker 2: You don't have a say in this.
Speaker 1: Well, I fight for it to get to sixty nine every night, no pun intended.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, moving on to something else.
Speaker 2: What's something odd you do? And I'll tell you why. You can think about this per a second.
Speaker 1: I mean my list, my list is so long. I do a lot of odd things, like when I get stuff out of the dryers. Well, no, no, I mean I just think I'm an odd guy. But I'll shake my clothes. This annoys is a crap in a baser. But I can't just put my fold my clothes. I have to like shake it. Yeah, I just have to everything.
Speaker 2: Everything you have to shake.
Speaker 1: I mean not socks in on your way now, but for sure jeans shirts. Sometimes I'll shake them like five times, and my whole households about to kill me. The cat's about to kill me? Wh got to kill me?
Speaker 3: My loud and it's you're doing it with every single So that's an odd thing.
Speaker 2: That is pretty Do you know why you do it?
Speaker 1: I just like it clean. I just feel like it lays better. You just shake it once it comes out of the dryer. I don't know. I don't and I never, never can just leave stuff in the dryer.
Speaker 3: Did you know that that was all that you did it? And before you got married, like you've always done this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My whole family makes fun of me for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I did get something you picked up recently?
Speaker 1: Did he shake his shirt five times this morning? I bet he did? Yeah? I did.
Speaker 3: Do you do it after not just when it comes out of laundry, too, like before you put it on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So this is a thing with your whole warning constantly. It was a little weird.
Speaker 1: It's odd.
Speaker 2: Mine doesn't feel as odd anymore. I just have to drink. I keep Do you know the ices the ice drinks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You always have them.
Speaker 1: They're my favorite drink. Hey, Hey, have you ever heard of your favorite drink? Before?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of a dog named Wrigley? All right, what's your dog's.
Speaker 2: Name Remy Rude.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I have to have the ices because I like the burn on my throat.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't really necessarily care about the taste.
Speaker 3: I just love the burn, yes, queen, do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But they now make caffeinated ones that burn even better.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why is it that it burns like that? Does that? It's not good?
Speaker 1: Probably not? But they're awesome.
Speaker 2: See, okay, so you got you like it for the burden too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fight at my country store in my town for them because they get the shipment in and by midweek they're cleared out.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, the main ice caffeated one.
Speaker 1: No, caffeinated aren't as popular as the normal ones, but the mangoes and the grape raspberry gone. You'll you'll then get a lemonade and uh, grapefruit.
Speaker 2: And those aren't as good.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: My two favorites are cherry lime made and black raspberry.
Speaker 1: Uh, black raspberry, but then grape raspberry or grape something is mine.
Speaker 2: I've ever seen grape raspberry.
Speaker 1: That's my second favorite one or first favorite one, and then whatever your is the black raspberry. Yeah, those are some good drinks.
Speaker 2: It are, but they're such a good burd and.
Speaker 1: You have to buy them individually because you get the big pack. Sometimes they'll throw in a bunch of lemonades and yellow ones.
Speaker 2: Ye all pass, gotta get them individually.
Speaker 1: Give me the mango, give me the grape. That's what I'm rocking.
Speaker 2: See we're odd together.
Speaker 1: It's okay, right, we need to deal with them. I love those things.
Speaker 2: Actually I know somebody who sells for them. Okay, so we might be able to figure something out.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's got to be an easy thing to sell because I'm sold.
Speaker 2: Well it's three, you're sold, it is. And my parents drink them too, Like, let's not tell people.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is a great story. Okay, even though it's probably not, but it is my dad. So my dad loves them, and this is a promotion. My dad loves them, and so he loves the grape raspberry. And they were gone, okay, yeah, and maybe there was maybe one. My nephew goes over to his house and let's say there was one left. Okay, my nephew's just drinking it after a baseball game, so thirsty, so thirsty. There's about half of it left and my dad goes, hey, will you get me that last grape in the fridge, the grape ice drink, And so my nephew goes, crap, this was papa's. He gets so mad when I come over and drink his drinks. So he goes and pours water in from the faucet so that it's still have the same color consistency, if you will. But it didn't taste the same. So my dad took a couple of drinks. He goes, what's with this ice? It doesn't have the same flavor. But my nephew said it worked for a couple a couple of drinks. It wasn't immediately like he got in trouble. Oh thanks, Yeah, I hating me that I'm dying the thirst and the taste, right, what kind of flavor is this? That's I mean, that's how that's how valued these things are.
Speaker 2: Did he ever, did your nephew ever tell your dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He just goes, yeah, yeah, Pop, I tried to fill it up. I drank half of it. I'm sorry you did.
Speaker 2: Your dad, recow.
Speaker 1: Probably those things are gold.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well there you have it. Ray and I both had minty bees, and we're both very odd.
Speaker 1: Minty bees.
Speaker 2: Minty bees. That's your new word that you can use.
Speaker 1: I get it now, mental breakdown, thent B minty b.
Speaker 2: Okay, one more break, will be right back. Okay.
Speaker 3: What is something you think is so widely known or accepted that when somebody doesn't know about it.
Speaker 2: You're like, how is this possible?
Speaker 1: I got it?
Speaker 2: You got one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're great host though, ramping, vamping, I got you. Well, I think about it, but I believe it's gambling. So because it's so everybody now can gamble for the most part in their own states.
Speaker 2: Are most states?
Speaker 3: It's now legal in Yeah, fifteen, let's say there's only fifteen out of the fifty.
Speaker 2: That's not most.
Speaker 1: States, right, we got fifty states. A couple of territories was.
Speaker 2: At Okay, okay, go.
Speaker 1: On, Yeah, I guess I thought there was more than that. But so say I said, there's a game tonight and the MAVs are the favorite by minus six. Okay, what does that mean to you?
Speaker 2: Well, MAVs, I believe it's NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if they're mineus six, they're not favored to win.
Speaker 1: No, they are favored, and they have they have to win by six excuse me, got it?
Speaker 2: So, but why does it the minus? Why do they do that?
Speaker 1: I know that's just how gambling is. But because now people can do it on their phone. Even my wife has an account, she'll put a little bit on a game. When somebody doesn't understand a betting line, like you just proved, it's so weird.
Speaker 2: To me because it's so much a part of your daily.
Speaker 1: Life, everybody's I even think Amy somewhat knows it because she's got the app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I could get the ap when you guys say, tell me about bets to plays, But I have no idea what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh I do, though, you've come to an expert.
Speaker 3: So well, you also said you're an expert on the stock market, and I think we've learned that's not.
Speaker 1: Necessarily Revance Revans did tank. It dropped ninety one percent after I gave it to lunch. Yeah, that was an inside tip from my buddy David. That was terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have good insider trading.
Speaker 1: I don't do this. You can't. You can't go to jail, So I don't do the stock market. But yeah, if somebody doesn't understand gambling and betting lines just because it's so wide now, it's just it's mushroomed in popularity. I'm a little taken aback when when somebody.
Speaker 2: Does it, I like it. That's a good one, and I proved your point. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, please, don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: At least I got somewhere, though, the only reason I even know that bastball's happening right now is because my boyfriend likes to watch NBA, and so sometimes he's checking the scores and watching that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, huh, what's happening.
Speaker 1: And that's cool that he watches sports, though what do he know the betting line?
Speaker 2: No, he's not better.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. He proved the point even more for me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, he's not a gambling man.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: You're like everybody should know, but it's good you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not lucrative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: There are ways to make it lucrative, though, and I too. Sissory Mundo can help you out.
Speaker 2: To go to if you want betting updates.
Speaker 1: Hey, tell me your thing though.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's puppy chow. Do you know what puppy chow?
Speaker 3: So we had some Memorial Day parties that we were going to and I made puppy chow because so everybody loves puppy chow. Dang party, you know, party, not city mouse, city mouse party. End it up.
Speaker 1: It was a city mouse party.
Speaker 2: One was a country mouse, one was a city mouse. I brought puppy cho My boyfriend had never.
Speaker 3: Heard of it, never had it so good, and I was shocked.
Speaker 2: He was like, yeah, no, I'm never and I was like, wait what.
Speaker 3: And everywhere everywhere we went, everybody had heard of it, had it before, excited to see it.
Speaker 2: And he just had no idea.
Speaker 1: That is legalized crack, right, It's very good and addictive. Though you're not going to just do one little puppy paw in it. You're going for the whole snout, you know.
Speaker 2: And you just hate legalized crack. It does kind of look like you're doing that because there's so much powdered sugar.
Speaker 1: Because it is white.
Speaker 3: We had one of my one of my friend's kids, like had his whole face at one point and it's.
Speaker 2: Just white everywhere, and I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: It looks terrible. Good honey, what did we bring to the party. Everybody's loving it?
Speaker 2: Take it back, Take it back. So that's mine.
Speaker 3: I just didn't know that it was possible, but you proved my point that everybody knows about it.
Speaker 1: It's sitting on the counter and it's white right there on the table. You're like, guys, come on, this isn't the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 2: You know, some parties these days people.
Speaker 1: Know people now just drink alcohol and have some puppy chow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: The last few.
Speaker 3: Things I want to talk about movie recommendations or TV show recommendations or Nashville recommendation.
Speaker 2: And if you have all three, even better.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Nashville recommendation. Can I recommend the one spot that you and me have never said before because it's gonna be national because they're doing a bunch of construction.
Speaker 2: Well, and there's a lot more that people are posting about now too, thank you.
Speaker 1: And I don't live there anymore, so I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's rue, it's true.
Speaker 1: But yes, I'll go let you share it, all right, Nashville recommendation. There's a place called Blue Moon and you would never know it was there. But it is on the water, and it is so beautiful and they have great food, great drinks, and the staff's very friendly and nice. There was a time when the pandemic shut it down, but it reopened and now it's thriving so much that they're gonna build I believe, condos and apartments in a shopping district, and it's gonna be this massive, big thing, and everybody's gonna know about Blue Moon. But at one point in history it was a very small little place. The Titans used to go eat at it after a game. It used to just be where people would pull up in boats. There's a slip there. You can have a couple of drinks, get back on your boat. It's a magical place, Morgan.
Speaker 2: It is a magical place. And now you've officially given it away. Rude, rude, But I did allow it. Okay, I'll I'll give my national recommendation. It's Adel's for brunch. Have you ever been to Adel's?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it passed it every day.
Speaker 2: It is no have you went to it though?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's on the same.
Speaker 1: Might be the one brunch spot we've never gone.
Speaker 3: It is the best brunch, arguably the best brunch in town.
Speaker 2: It's got a full buffet.
Speaker 3: There's a dirt dessert section, a biscuit section, full like breakfast Staples area.
Speaker 2: You have so many options.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And the drinks were great, very aesthetically pleasing.
Speaker 1: I've heard pricey, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Pricey, but you're getting it's worth it. I think it's like thirty or thirty eight dollars for brunch. You're like, oh, you can eat.
Speaker 1: I just heard at one point somebody told me it was overpriced drinks.
Speaker 2: Well, everywhere downtown it's over press drinks. You're right, that's not anywhere New and you go downtown all the time.
Speaker 1: Not gars. So best price drinks, best drinks in town.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well that was not the Nashville recommendation.
Speaker 2: New York can't take it back. TV recommendation.
Speaker 1: Uh, I have got to skip movies altogether. If we do watch one, it's so passively and it's on the Lifetime channel and I never know the title of any of them. What is the one that we've been watching. I'll get to it eventually. Do you have yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I texting baser okay for a movie recommendation.
Speaker 2: I have Atlas on Netflix ray. I don't you don't like sci fi stuff, do you?
Speaker 1: I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: Well, you like Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 1: I like Jennifer Lopez, but I mean, I'll go with the killing route. I love comedy, I love just a good tropical adventure, but sci fi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no tropical adventure in here.
Speaker 1: But it is Palm Tree.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's no Palm Tree. It's like into the World type stuff. But it's really good Atlas on Netflix. And even my boyfriend, who's not like a huge j Lo movie fan, he loved this one.
Speaker 2: We both enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this one I watched about three quarters of it. It's always Laura watching it. Didn't finish it, stop, it's always her watching it in the bed, and I will I'll tune in. But guys out there, I'm not just every you know, tooth and nail falling along with the plot. Yeah, so the girl from White Lotus, no idea what her name is, but she's in this one where they go back to a mansion and oh it was a lifetime There's no way it was a lifetime lifetime movie. No way, that was a lifetime baser saying it was a lifetime no way, because it was so well produced. A lifetime seems to cut some corners. You know, they're not gonna do that much into production. But they go back to this mansion and they live in it, and then the townspeople don't like them, and I think the girls related to her brothers something. But it's the babe from White Lotus and she's in it and she does wonderful.
Speaker 3: Oh I never watched The White Lotus, So it's not Jennifer Cohol, which she's unless she's the baban. It was Jennifer Coolich is the one who's also legally blonde.
Speaker 2: You look like the fourth of July. July No, not ringing a bell.
Speaker 1: She didn't give me the name. But guys just search mansion and they have a problem child. So she has to learn how to deal with the child.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna search with You just told me to start mansion problem child, White Lotus actor and lifetime movie.
Speaker 2: Let me see what comes up here with.
Speaker 1: The lifetime part of it.
Speaker 2: This didn't get This didn't give me anywhere right.
Speaker 1: Where's the mansion?
Speaker 3: This is the mansion. Let me just try a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Movie problem child entertainment. I know, yeah, that's the problem. That is it actually watching movies with my wife. She never knows the title. That's it. We're not watching any more movies if she doesn't give me because for our show you need helps. If I know that we're streaming service, we're on in the title. If you're like me, you're sitting down on the bed. You never know any of this stuff, So that's it. I'm not watching one unless she gives me all these details again, and she doesn't even know the damn name of it. That's it. That's it. That very well could be our final movie that we.
Speaker 2: Ever read a feeling. You're still gonna be watching some Lifetime movies moving forward.
Speaker 1: You have always lived in the Castle.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's what it's called.
Speaker 2: We have always lived That's quite a name. We've always lived in the Castle? Is it? Is it a mystery thriller? Yes?
Speaker 1: See no sci fi in that title.
Speaker 2: No, but it's a dark, twisted family drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so check it. Is it Lifetime or is it streaming service?
Speaker 2: I think you can. It's a graphic novel adaptation.
Speaker 3: Let me see where you can watch it.
Speaker 1: Probably Pluto has been on Lifetime.
Speaker 3: You can get it on too, but you can get it on Peacock and Pluto. You're not wrong. I think it also may be on Hulu. All right, so there's a few on there for you.
Speaker 1: Are you doing show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm watching Young Sheldon on Netflix. Did you ever watch Big Bang Theory?
Speaker 1: I did, and then Young Sheldon is the prequel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but came after and it's actually really good. They're twenty minute episodes. Is pretty entertaining for an adult watching like what you would think is kind of a kids show, but it's really good. I've gotten some good laughs out of it. I think I'm on season two maybe right now, and it ends though well there's six seasons.
Speaker 1: But I just thought i'd heard in the news that it's ending.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think that's why I wanted to finally watch it, no see what was happening. Do you have a TV show recommendation?
Speaker 1: Mine are the obvious ones, you guys know, my usual suspects The Valley, which I recommended. We're now progressing. The season is ending, okay, and it was one hell of a season. And then I've also always said vander Pump Rules okay, and Summerhouse.
Speaker 2: All your things? Is this also why you guys are going back to Charleston.
Speaker 1: Charleston is Southern Charm. Oh, but it's not in season right now. But we know three p from Southern Charm. We know one of the top club promoters, you know them. Yeah, we DM with him on Insta. We know one of the dudes that odins a sewing shop. He follows both of us today. We know one of the guys that sells alcoholic drinks. So okay, yeah, so I he has his own beer or whatever with them down there. Yeah, so they're going to show it. They know. We'll hit them up and they'll say, hey, stay at this hotel. This is a good pool during the day, and then come to my club. I can get you guys front Ryane Front front Line.
Speaker 2: What club is that in Charleston?
Speaker 1: Republic?
Speaker 2: Republic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. Then there's bourbon and bubbles, and then one just open t bones, t rones, tyronees. I think that's what it's called. Okay, we haven't been there in a couple of years, so there's some new spots.
Speaker 3: But I feel like you guys need to do a blow deck adventure.
Speaker 1: He can't. It's he can't afford it's one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Those y'alls are so crazy though, You guys love those shows, so that would be the perfect married situation on vacation.
Speaker 1: They're all filmed though, in a tropical spot or in off the coast, so you got to find a flight there, or you got to find a flight to Australia.
Speaker 2: We'll call your travel guy.
Speaker 1: That's a pricey flight. And he just doesn't do flights. He does cruises. He doesn't do yachts. Were looking. You don't want to own a yacht. You don't want to pay for a yacht. You want to be friends with somebody who's the the main. What do they even call it. I've been watching the damn show The Maid of Honor. No, that's your sister, that's you to your sister. Yeah, they're the main. They're called the main.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about primary?
Speaker 1: Oh, you need to find a primary. They foot the one hundred thousand dollars, Billy, and you are just a friend on the yacht. You need to find a primary.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Okay, well we're wrapping up here. Ray. I'm glad you joined me, yes, and I'm glad you found out what primary was and we got there. Yeah, and you gave some kind of encouragement for betting that it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it just really, they're not really encouragement. I wouldn't say it is that it was just my take on it and that it can be lucrative. Talk to the right investment strategists and I'll be one of them.
Speaker 2: Okay deal. We'll tell the people where they can find you and hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Sis and Ray Mundo on Twitter and Instagram and then also Sore Losers my podcast with Lunchbox were on YouTube and then also iHeart You can search us all there.
Speaker 3: Okay deal, and you can hang out with me at web Girl Morgan on all the things.
Speaker 2: Thanks again, Ray, sounds fun. Yeah, you want to do one more? Yeah before we you.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.