Speaker 1: Quick colexis before the second date starts, tell everyone hello in Australian. Oh, good day may Oh, there you go. That must be the reason why we're charting in Australia top comedy podcast. Yeah totally hot. All right, thanks for being here, and don't forget if you do love this much of the show. We've got forty five more minutes of it over on our main feed. Just search Brooke and Jeffrey Brock and Jeffrey. No, now they understand what we were talking about. Let's get to what you can for. It's your second date, second.
Speaker 2: Date, up date. I've always thought.
Speaker 1: You always thought Sunday thirteen, peop gonna get me one day. There it is, buddy.
Speaker 3: I've always thought that the airline commercials are doing it all wrong. Why instead of talking about how comfortable their seats are or how helpful their flight attendants can be. Yeah, which is true, they should advertise all the hot action that you can get while at the airport.
Speaker 2: I think, and I'm not.
Speaker 3: Just talking about the massage tables where I was recently arrested.
Speaker 1: Massage tapes.
Speaker 3: The lady didn't ask if I was a real masseuse.
Speaker 2: I just went for you giving them.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm a giver, you know that about But just think, hundreds of thousands of people go through those terminals every single day. At least a handful of them have to be cute.
Speaker 2: And that's how.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners, Logan, met someone recently, one of the people from the handful.
Speaker 2: Of cute people scrolling through the airport. Logan, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, Oh.
Speaker 3: My goshsa what happened?
Speaker 1: Like a lady in uniform? Is that what you're wondering?
Speaker 2: Whoops, you need to search me because I'm willing.
Speaker 4: I did not get frisped.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, No, you were actually in the airport or you were on the plane.
Speaker 4: No, I was. I was waiting by the gate.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that makes sense because you're and you're both leaving the same city. Chances are good that you guys are from this place.
Speaker 2: And who'd you meet exactly?
Speaker 4: So I see her, and I you know, I quickly took inventory of my environment. I was like, oh, there she is, six o'clock.
Speaker 1: Got it, moved.
Speaker 4: A couple of times, got to where I was sitting right next to her. So they announced of the speaker that's going to be a four hour delay.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh god, the.
Speaker 4: Plane didn't come in.
Speaker 1: You're the only person excited this, This is.
Speaker 2: It, you know.
Speaker 4: I immediately I could hear her mumbling under her breath, like and I was like, man, I tell you, these airlines are getting to be a real plane in the neck talking dad. Joke just gambled with it. She ended up laughing really hard.
Speaker 2: The joke landed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, girl, God, we understand each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she liked the humor. What happened after.
Speaker 4: That, So she's like, I don't know how I'm going to kill four hours. And I was like, well, I got a great idea. What we can do is we can head right to that bar where I'm going to buy you a drink.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's smooth, my friend.
Speaker 4: I went right in with the cards, you know. I'm like, hey, para aps, here we go.
Speaker 2: Ye and an alcoholic. You're like, yeah, well, it's an airport. You can drink at any time of the day.
Speaker 3: When absolutely, it doesn't count when you're at the airport.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Alcoholism doesn't.
Speaker 1: I bet she's still laughing too, right because it's so cheesy.
Speaker 4: No, we're having a great you know, I'm throwing off some questionable jokes here and there, Like she had a book that was in her bag that she moved out, and I was like, I was like, oh you read, you can't read. But she laughed and she's like yeah to you. And I'm like, no, not not really, you know.
Speaker 2: Not well.
Speaker 4: Not too well.
Speaker 1: Oh so you guys are really hitting it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going back and forth. Before I knew it, four hours just flew flew by.
Speaker 3: The we're gonna hit our ten punk quota.
Speaker 4: That wasn't swear that and on purpose.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's natural, man, all right, we got to keep our seats in the position for this guy.
Speaker 3: That's a long time to be spending with somebody one on one time, four whole hours at the airport bar.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, absolutely, I considered it like a little first date.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I would.
Speaker 3: So what were the odds that you two sat next to each other on the fly, Probably like zero?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, we didn't get a chance to do that. We were kind of near each other and there were definitely glances and look, so when we get you know, arrival, Yeah, okay, so nice to meet you. Oh well, you know, give you a call, Oh for sure, you know, maybe some some dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the first one. That's role play we're doing.
Speaker 4: We're doing a little bit of the nice pleasantry goodbye. And then of course the reason I'm on the phone with you, guys, I reach out text a couple of times, even a little phone call. Nothing in response. He's a hottie, I'm thinking with on her little I'm not. I'm not at home, I'm not in my own city. I can flirt around with a guy, but maybe I'm in a relationship.
Speaker 1: How long has it been.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Here you you hung out with her for four hours and you didn't get a read on whether or not she was single.
Speaker 4: My read was that she was single and that she was available, and that she was having a great time with me. I'm just thinking, you know what, I can imagine her acting that way, feeling like no strings patched.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe it was just that I'm not to be mean, but maybe she was just bored. Yeah, maybe you were reading into the dating aspect of it than she was.
Speaker 4: She was cackling. Her laughter hit a certain note. There was a tonality to the laughter that said I like you.
Speaker 3: You didn't kiss or anything, right, because that would have been a big green flag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I didn't. I didn't get to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that would have been strange.
Speaker 3: I thought green flag was like an airplane pun, But I guess.
Speaker 5: No, No, that would be You're just rare.
Speaker 2: They don't use flags that use a little poles. Remember that, then, Button.
Speaker 3: I feel like we can't go to the song until we get just one more airline.
Speaker 4: Pun.
Speaker 1: I think we can. I think we can. Let's just take off and get right over to Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was bad. We'll settle for that one.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: We'll get you a second date update and figure out where the turbulence was in this.
Speaker 2: That's how it's done, like a pro bay attention. Second date update, next second date update.
Speaker 3: You know, nine percent of the time your evening would be completely ruined if your plane was held up for over four hours.
Speaker 1: That's a good point to the whole trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but for one of our listeners, Logan, that wasn't a flight delay, that was a flight de yay.
Speaker 1: I feel like some airlines going to try to market that, and I'm gonna hate you for it because comes up and says.
Speaker 2: That delta that's fine. We should trademark that, but no.
Speaker 3: Logan, Logan got to spend all that extra time over at the airport bar with a hottie from his flight named Ellie, and the two of them were vibing.
Speaker 2: She was loving his airplane puns.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And he kept him coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, even his jokes about being potentially illiterate. He made it all this magic happening. But once the plane boarded. After that, she's been kind of hard to reach, even harder to lock down a date with. Hopefully, though, she answers the phone here and we can actually get you another meet up.
Speaker 2: Logan, how you feeling.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm feeling like you guys are gonna bring me home like this chick. Now, now keep in mind now this this was not a regular girl. This is definitely a hot, hot girl.
Speaker 1: Okay again, like a model. You mean you mean to say she was beautiful and her personal really shine.
Speaker 4: Bingo, exactly the whole package, you know, like you go on dating apps and you're you kind of see the leftovers or whatever there it means, of.
Speaker 1: Course, Yeah, got you, Logan, Just let us do the talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 3: We're going to dial her number right now. We're trying to do your second date update. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey is this Allly?
Speaker 4: It is, yes, Ellie.
Speaker 2: What's up? You get a lot of calls from morning radio shows?
Speaker 5: Uh no, Oh my gosh, are you guys really? Are you really telling the truth? Are you really a radio show? Morning show?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 1: Is that exciting to you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, this is.
Speaker 1: Going to be easy.
Speaker 3: Got some good news because I'm reaching out to you specifically because we've been talking actually about you all morning long.
Speaker 5: I think I hope it's good, Like, why would you be talking about me really good?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have somebody who's been gushing about you a little bit on our show, who.
Speaker 5: Like Okay, first of all, is it like one of those shows like the dating show Singy because I love those so much?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. He's been talking.
Speaker 3: About You're a lot of energy and that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: It's surprising to.
Speaker 3: You went out with somebody recently, you know how these daty thingy segments work, and they had a good time.
Speaker 2: You probably know who I'm referring to.
Speaker 5: Are you guys talking about Mike because he did go out?
Speaker 2: Yeah Mike? Yeah, Well, that's who. Hold on.
Speaker 3: Mike said some really great stuff about you. Yeah, you're He mentioned you being very pretty.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh that's so nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah and Brook, what else did Mike say our listener?
Speaker 1: Yes, Mike okay, uh he said you had a sparkling personality, spark yes about me. No, that's so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I sensed the vibes happening even before we called you. I just had a sixth or seventh sense about this. Whatever, so many senses that I'm having.
Speaker 1: Why are we being so weird?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just let's maybe we should pivot here and ask you, Ellie, what what did you think about Mike?
Speaker 2: Like what what stood out to you?
Speaker 5: You know how like you have like this vision of a guy that you want to take home to your parents, guy that you kind of just talk to your girlfriends without in elementary school, of like the guy that I want to marry. Like him, he was amazing. He was funny, so funny, you guys, wasn't.
Speaker 1: That great marriage? He was great?
Speaker 5: No, he was really great, and he was like he was all and he was charming.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't have to go we don't have to gush too much about hi. I mean we're talking. We all love Mike, who doesn't And the.
Speaker 5: Fact that he is asking about me makes it even like it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I mean he wasn't hitting you up and now he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I'm just just based on your your sparkling personality and and just talking to you a little bit. You sound like you're a really fun time and I'm guessing you probably get hit on a lot.
Speaker 5: You know. It sounds so like conceited to say yes I do, but yes I do.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 2: It probably happens with girls like that.
Speaker 3: It probably happens to it like random places, like when you're at the dry cleaners, or like you know, during a delay at the airport.
Speaker 5: Get this, get this, get this. Okay. So the other day I'm flying out of the airport and like the flight was delayed like some stupid like four hours.
Speaker 2: Oh really, and.
Speaker 5: This guy like sitting next to me, he's like starts talking to me and he's making the stupidest jokes ever. He was so dumb and no, and then he's like, hey, do you want to go to the bar and gets my drinks. I'm like, crap, I got four hours to kill Why not so, you know, he talked and whatever, and I just but you know what, he paid for the you know, drinks, which was really nice, actually.
Speaker 2: Overwhelming me.
Speaker 1: I thought that guy was pretty funny though. Don't you think he was kind of funny.
Speaker 5: I think he thought he was funnier than he actually was. But I paid for the check. I think he didn't even tip. I mean he was a bad tipper. Okay, yeah, yeah, no, no, no, no, well Mike actually sounds great. Yeah, wait, like, is he on the phone right now? Is Mike on the phone?
Speaker 3: Someone is on the phone this idea?
Speaker 5: You guys, I'm really confused. What is happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, actually the guy that you were referring to from the airport, Yes, that one. So he's actually the one that called us to get a second date up.
Speaker 2: Date with you.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, Logan is his name. He's on the other line listening right now.
Speaker 2: Logan.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, that was a lot. That was more than what I expected to hear, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: You guys know he's on the phone. That's not fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm here, like you can talk directly to me. Actually, Hi, so I'm not a tipper. I actually left cash. I didn't tip on my credit card. I left cash because that's not the polight thing to do. And I bought Ellie three drinks, one of them was double and I also uh provided fries with extra sauces that also cost extra money.
Speaker 1: Yea, I know, he's just trying to save his own egos here. I feel I think that should get that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but lookan, we don't need a breakdown of the bill.
Speaker 4: It's just funny to me that she was laughing so heartily and then mocks me later, but at the time when she's getting free drink, I'm the most hilarious guy in the world.
Speaker 5: Surprised puns weren't funny, just a yeah, you know, actually they weren't funny, but you know, you kept buying.
Speaker 4: Me drink, I said, I said, it's real. It's a real plane in the neck with these with these airlines. That's legit funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard that one on.
Speaker 1: I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: We laughed.
Speaker 1: Nellie has a different sense of humor. I mean, maybe that doesn't match well.
Speaker 2: Most hot girls.
Speaker 3: I mean she seems to be more onto Mike's type of sense of humor.
Speaker 4: Can we stop talking about Mike for a second.
Speaker 5: First second, I'm so sorry Logan.
Speaker 1: No, I honestly thought that maybe I forgot Logan's name. His name was Mike when you started talking about him like that's what I was hoping.
Speaker 2: I just loan to be Mike for you and for Logan.
Speaker 1: Both of you.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Hold on, hold on. I'm gathering that everybody on this phone call is interested in Mike, but nobody's interested in me. Is that bro?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm team Logan.
Speaker 4: Get you a Logan, Ladies, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of coming over to Mike the puns. No, no, no, it's Logan. Logan.
Speaker 3: Logan is the guy that's on the phone, and he's the one that we'd like to send you out on another date with, and we'll pay for that date and we'll throw an a generous tip on top of it.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, and think about it.
Speaker 1: He really did tips. You thought that he didn't. He tried to be funny, which is meaning he put effort for it. I think he deserves another shot.
Speaker 5: You know what. He was nice enough at the bar, but you know what happens when you drink you have a rose color glasses on. I think that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: But insult.
Speaker 3: I guess the silver lining, as we've learned, there is a person out there for everyone, and that person for everyone is Mike.
Speaker 2: We love you, Mike, call into the show. We want to meet you.
Speaker 4: Brash and burn I got it frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know, we never asked. But I'm just assuming Ellie hooked up with Mike.
Speaker 1: Think that they hooked up.
Speaker 3: I mean just the sound of her voice, like she was glowing over the phone, like smiling just at the thought of his face and laughing just at the thought of his jokes.
Speaker 2: Was like, I never thought i'd hear from him again.
Speaker 5: I think it was a one night stand.
Speaker 1: Why why would Mike neet us?
Speaker 2: Yeah she didn't.
Speaker 1: Ellie ever stop and think about that. But Jeffrey, I can't believe you went along with it. I thought it was going crazy for a second, and like I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I mean, we should figure out who this guy is, rather than just correcting her and being like no, no, no, not him, but the more Logan Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then she added the story about Logan O.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think he's ever going to listen to this on podcasts.
Speaker 3: I want to turn it into a positive and maybe what we really should have done is we should have asked her if she wants us to call Mike for her for a second date update. We should I know they'd be a little bit weird, but maybe we accidentally ran into a second date sitch.
Speaker 1: I feel like backstabbing to Logan, but I mean I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean ironic if Mike's like, gosh, she's just not funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's our duty, though, to reach back out to Ellie and say, look, if Mike doesn't call you in the next twenty four hours, have us reach out to him for you, because she was a listener to and we're desperately in need of content.
Speaker 1: We have loyalty to no one.
Speaker 3: No, we apologize except to ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if you have.
Speaker 3: Loyalty to us too, you can always email. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back. Get your little second date update action.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning