Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and and he Armstrong Andy.
Speaker 1: Did the US have any role at all, either providing intelligence or otherwise in what looks like a targeted killing of.
Speaker 3: The Russian general? Yeah, I can tell you we were not aware of this operation in advance. We do not support or enable those kinds of activities. Seeing the reports, don't really have any information to provide other than what I've seen in the press, And so I'd have to refer you to the Ukrainians on that.
Speaker 1: That's the assassination of a Russian general in Moscow. Buy a Ukrainian and there's not a chance in hell that that answer means anything, means anything at all. We might not have had anything to do with it. We might have been ninety percent of it, and we wouldn't say, and nobody will find out for twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Might have given them a ride, yeah, absolutely, Yeah, Yeah, hired him an uber.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty damn sophisticated operation, though whoever was behind it. Ian Bremmer called it a major escalation in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. It's got to make Putin kind of worried, maybe not about himself personally, although again it would get your attention. They got a bomb to a general in Moscow, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, at some point speaking of foreign lands, I would love to get to the story about the first year of Javier Millais.
Speaker 2: Being in charge of Argentina.
Speaker 4: The liver Tarrian fire brand with long hair and cloned dogs and the rest of his wackiness. But who said, Hey, this socialist crap is ruining this country. We're gonna take it back. It's gonna hurt for a while, but we're going to bring down this rampant inflation, make this stuff, make Argentina work again.
Speaker 2: After year one, he's doing great.
Speaker 1: Did you listen to him on the Lex Friedman podcast a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: It's really good. He's one of the more interesting people on earth right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 4: And also coming up a year in review, kind of a glance through a bunch of news stories that have happened this year. It's it's worth doing, partly because it well just for historical purposes, but partly because it reminds you of how many things are made a huge deal over, but they're really not that big a.
Speaker 1: Deal at all. I'm going that's hardly discussed. I'm going to make my boldest New Year's resolution of my life year. I'm almost a little frightened to do it. We'll talk about it later.
Speaker 2: I know you were.
Speaker 1: Claiming you might match it, but we'll discuss that later.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe.
Speaker 4: So anyway, all of that to come. I wanted to get to this real quickly. This is just to set up a joke. This headline Neanderthals and humans made it more recently than previously thought.
Speaker 2: Once you've had Neanderthal sapiens won't do it all.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi, Joe Getty, famously in the ninety ninth percentile for Neanderthal.
Speaker 2: Genes among a modern man and proud of it.
Speaker 4: I got the big head, I got the brow, I got the broad jaw. I am ready to take the jawbone of some beast and beat you down with it if necessary. This is my culture anyway. Actually, I think that Neanderthals were not at all dumb beasts or right nothing that was based on ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Had bigger brains, quite possibly smarter, but maybe didn't have the ability for abstract thought, which we talked about a couple of years weeks ago based on the book Sapiens, which is really fascinating.
Speaker 4: I do tend towards single mindedness and missing the obvious, so who knows, who knows, maybe that's part of it. Anyway, I wanted to get this in because I think it's so so well, it's just really really good. The Caitlin Clark thing we were talking about yesterday, how she has become a superstar, got a tremendous amount of attention. The WNBA is making way more money, selling way more tickets. They've had to rebook games in bigger stadiums. I mean, a sea change. Everybody's going to start to make money more money. She's the time as if anybody cares about this Athlete of the Year, and the backlash has been severe because she's a white girl and she's straight. And we brought you a lot of the quotes from the various players and owners about how it's clearly race and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And clearly you'd be better off if people continued to not talk about the WNBA and it continued to be in a obscure sport with hardly any following much better.
Speaker 4: Paul Anonymous writes, Jack mentioned the desire for a parallel universe experience where a black Caitlin Clark excelled in a mostly white league. Maybe there is one. Tiger Woods dominated a mostly white game, turned pro in ninety six at the age of twenty ninety seventy one the Masters by twelve strokes, was number one the official golf rankings. I recall this undeniable talent being universally celebrated by the world of golf in all sports media. You're absolutely correct, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: So that's not actually what I said, because I wanted a parallel universe where a black player is exactly like Caitlin Clark, only black. The league is the same. Just to see how much of the attraction hubbub bigger crowds is You know you could attribute to Caitlin Clark being white. Oh, I'm actually no.
Speaker 4: Well, and my answer to that was, if indeed it it turned out that a predominantly white country reacted with more enthusiasm to Caitlin Clark becoming a huge, incredibly exciting star, more on that, more than a young black girl with the same credentials that would tell you something about humanity. And if that is true, even among WNBA fans who do not exactly tend to swing way right, then that just tells you something about humanity, and you accept it, and you go from there as a league and you market and everybody makes more money, and it just is what it is. That's you know, one of the great tenets of conservatism is that human nature has not changed in many, many thousands of years. We are still essentially the same animal we were twenty thousand years ago. But the left constantly thinks that can change humanity and human nature away from the way we're clearly made to be.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 4: They're wasting their time and they oppress people, and they hurt people, and they waste money trying to do it.
Speaker 1: That emailer might be onto something, though. Maybe it's the opposite race of what the sport normally has and it doesn't have anything to do with you being black or white. It's just the other race. I'm thinking about the Williams sisters in tennis, which is generally a white chick sport. Then a couple of black chicks come out along and dominate.
Speaker 2: It's just heroes. Everybody loves it. For some reason.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not everybody.
Speaker 4: Obviously, with any high profile athlete, there's craft that takes place. But yeah, and then there are black guys that are predominantly black sport, the W or the NBA, who get tremendous acclaim and stardom, and on that tack, I will continue. This is a note from uh, we'll just call her anonymous. The quoted statement on Monday's show. Clark's race is a huge reason for her popularity should be seen for what it is. Other players jealousy of Caitlin's success and the need to rationalize it is something other than her objectively obvious talent. I'm going to stop there and tell you I let the left do it again. This became a trial, if you will, a forum, a question of whether Caitlin Clark was being unjustifiably and for racial reasons elevated above other players. This ought to be a trial about the people who are accusing her of that and what's going on with them. I will elucidate, illuminate. According to her critic, she was only the Rookie of the Year because she was white, and now Athlete of the Year for.
Speaker 2: The same reason. But the facts shout for themselves.
Speaker 4: She is, in fact, the best women's collegiate basketball player ever by the numbers. She has broken the records of former players including Pete Maravich and Lynette Woodard, and set the NCAA all time scoring record. She's a marvel at threes, she's quick af as the young people say, and a champion in assists. Assists matter their credit for helping other players do well. In all caps, she has said, I love passing the ball. If you're great at something and better than most, plus you support your team, you get recognized. Can't we all just concede that she's great and moved on. It's not Caitlyn's job to appease that jealousy or frustrations of other players are to endure their harassment attempts to hurt her. And there's more on that, and I think it's very good. Well, if her critics want to prove that the great rise in viewership in the WNBA is because she's white, then once they can perform as well as she does, they can test their theory. But the point is, actually, and it's great, and it's well made by any objective standard, really, any objective standard. Of course, she's going to be the biggest star in the game out of college.
Speaker 2: Who what sort of.
Speaker 4: Person would make this about race given the objective standards of who's a great basketball player? They keep stats, it's not like musicians. The indictment is going in the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Well said.
Speaker 1: That sort of thing.
Speaker 4: I do too, too, and I hate most of all that the hardcore, really ugly activists have sucked along unsuspecting people of good conscience who think they're doing the right thing by racializing everything.
Speaker 1: It sucks for Caitlin Clark that she has to deal with that. I remember in the Larry Bird documentary, the one they had, I think it was HBO Larry versus Magic. Really interesting documentary if you're into that whole story. But Larry Bird, when he was League MVP three times in a row, Isaiah Thomas, black player Detroit Distance, made some comments about it's because he's white, and Larry Bird talked about how that really hurt him. That actually hurt him because he cared so much about being a good player and being respected for his game and having some player that he had respect for. Saying it's just because you're white that you're getting all attention was really painful.
Speaker 2: For him. Yeah, anyway, it would be.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is what you care about more than anything in your life. And you you're saying I'm not good. It's just because I'm white, I'm not as good. I would that would bother you. Sure, it's devastating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and the flip side of that coin is affirmative action programs and DEI programs, right because now anybody who does achieve is automatically looked upon as well, and they didn't earn it, as people say about DEEI that's why it's so insidious. Anyway, I wish I was in charge. Folks said, straighten everything out in your hands.
Speaker 1: I straightened everything out in her I don't tell you about her friends. And if I was in charge of everything, I get everything fixed right away by.
Speaker 2: The end of the day.
Speaker 4: They never would have bad mouth Caitlyn Thok when I was in office. Anyway, make your holidays bigger and brighter with Prize Picks, the best place to get real money action while watching your favorite sports. You now went up to a thousand times your money on prize picks. Great way to get the action on sports, and it's so simply. You just pick over or under on at least two player projections could not be simpler, fun easy now.
Speaker 1: Join now because this holiday season, Prize Picks is given away two free picks in December, and they're giving away thirty plus million dollars in rewards during Picksmiths. Download the app today.
Speaker 4: Price Picks also offers weekly promotions that lead to big payouts.
Speaker 2: And sign up today.
Speaker 4: You get fifty dollars instantly when you play just five dollars. You don't need to win, it's a fifty dollars bonus just for playing five dollars. Use that code Armstrong when you get the Prize Picks app. Download the app today. Use the code Armstrong. You get fifty bucks instantly after you play your first five dollars. Lineup Prize Picks. The coat is Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Run your game.
Speaker 1: So New York City, similar to California. You're gonna start throwing crazy people in some sort of mental institution against their will, which is not something we've done in this country for a very, very long time. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. Some of the details on that. Eric Adams, the Mayor of New York, is really in favor of this. The governor is against it, So I want to talk about that also. Study of the game out last night. Not surprising, some of your most elite universities Georgetown PENNT let people in because they're rich. They let kids in because they're rich. Their parents are rich, and they wouldn't have qualified any other way except for the fact that their parents were rich.
Speaker 4: The university except that, as long as they didn't deny it publicly and talk about it openly privately.
Speaker 1: As long as they didn't lecture us about inequality and inequity being the biggest scourge in America and all that sort of stuff. Oh good lord, lot on the way, stay here, poor Jet and his nuts. You think you misunderstood the lyric. Van Jones is one of my favorite lefty pundits. We wouldn't agree on anything in the world policy wise, but he's one of the few people that's willing to be honest about his own side or things in general. And he said this on CNN yesterday or is some sort of panel anyway, he was talking about, here you go, we.
Speaker 5: Are way off. The entire political class is way off. First of all, digital is the new door knocking.
Speaker 2: You got to.
Speaker 5: Understand that we were laughing our butts off at Donald Trump for suspending his door knocking campaign and letting Charlie Kirk and Elon do a bunch of stuff online. We said, these guys are idiots, these guys are stupid. Then you start knocking on these doors, you know, people come to the door with.
Speaker 2: Their phone in their hand.
Speaker 5: The mainstream has become fringe, and the French has become mainstream.
Speaker 2: There are platforms.
Speaker 5: There are people out there that are getting fourteen million streams, and we're on cable News getting one or two million, and so there is a whole world out there. Kelly and Conway. I hate to agree with her, but I do a lot of times. Donald Trump understood that.
Speaker 2: And we didn't.
Speaker 1: It's so obviously true. Yeah, yeah, we'll hear the next one that I have a comment about the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Guys, can we cut it out? Donald Trump is not an idiot, Donald Trump. Let me just be very clear. Donald Trump is smarter than me.
Speaker 2: You and all.
Speaker 6: Critics know, because he has the White House, the Senate, the.
Speaker 2: House totally agree for.
Speaker 6: The popular vote. He has a massive media ecosystem bigger than the mainstream, built around him and for him, and a religiously religious fervor in a political movement around him. And he is best buddy, is the richest person in the history of the world, and the most relevant Kennedy is with him.
Speaker 2: This dude is a phenomenon.
Speaker 6: He is the most powerful human on earth and in our lifetime. And we're still saying, well, how is this card? We look like idiots.
Speaker 4: Ordinary do not listen to Van Jones. Democrats do not listen. He's wrong, he's maga, he switched sides. He's probably a white guy. I agree.
Speaker 1: Continue to have multi human panels on CNN discussing doing it exactly the same way next time around.
Speaker 4: Do that, Democrats, Yeah, keep walking listening to the the folks at that paneled. It was a flawless campaign. Kamala lost cause of misogyny. That's the only reason. Yes, keep believing.
Speaker 1: Keep signing up people to knock on doors and bring snowshovels to their houses in Iowa for the caucuses and that stuff that was popular in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Boy, I love the way you put that.
Speaker 4: We'd go knocking on the door, you know what, people come to the door with their phone in their hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and he talked about you know, platforms that have millions of listeners. Meanwhile, we're getting one or two million on cable news.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And when was the last time there are two million people watching CNN? You're if you're talking about Fox News maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could have said, and we're getting six hundred thousand people watching us on CNN across the entire country as opposed to Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, How the hell are there not more Democrats saying Kamala Harris didn't go on Joe Rogan, she deserved to lose.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have the ability. He wanted her to come on.
Speaker 1: He would have reached sixty million people in immediately and she didn't.
Speaker 2: The end. Yeah, yeah, well, and she was right to not go on there. That's all because she's uncomfortable. Truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because she's a moron. She would have been exposed. I mean, it was like Biden at the debate, seventy six percent of Americans thought he's a senile, old husk of a man, and then he removed all doubt. If Kamala had gone on Rugan, it would have been precisely the same result. The Year in Review coming up next.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So here's my uh how much time I got my go thirty's nine. Well, I'm gonna say it real quick. I'm gonna make the biggest New Year's even resolution, New Year's resolution of my life. I'm going to forgo all baked goods for as long as I can. I don't even believe I can do it for the whole year, but I'm going to see how long I can do it. Like bread for sandwiches doesn't count stuff like that, but donuts, rolls, cakes, pies, all of that cookies.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like pornography. It's tough to find, but I know it when I see it. I don't know how long I can pull it off, but I'm going to try. And I'm a little scared. I got who admit.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 1: I know it's going to be one of the big stories next year. Elon's role in our government and the Trump administration. New poll out shows Elon has almost exactly the same poll rating as Trump, so they seem to be tied together to a certain extent in the public's mind. By the way, Elon's current network is now over four hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Difficult to imagine whoa. In fact, it's impossible to imagine crazy. So Michael cue the theme music. It's the year that was. I knew the news in review of the news that was reviewed in review.
Speaker 2: I just thought it might be funny.
Speaker 4: Katie jump on if you want to, just let's run through just a and we've got the Clips of the Year show.
Speaker 2: Heck, we haven't been promoting that.
Speaker 4: Clips of the Year show is on Friday, in which we run through tons and tons of news clips and end of the year listical sort of thing.
Speaker 1: That we don't really have to work on the last show of the year and we can hit the bottle, sobriety optional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Anyway.
Speaker 4: January began on January first with an earthquake in Japan. Happy twenty twenty four Japan. Here's some devastation, but we won't talk about that because that's Japan. It was the next day, the second that Cloud Dean Gay resigned as president of Harvard, A momentary, small victory for the anti woke America that we represent.
Speaker 1: What was that all about? Was that the whole.
Speaker 4: The hearing where she said, well, calling for the genocide of Jews, Right, that depends on the contest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the second day of the year. Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Then the same day Atapamas leader was killed the first of many in bea Root. The S and P five hundred hit a record that now seems quaint.
Speaker 3: Loo.
Speaker 2: I was reminded.
Speaker 4: Yesterday that the down industrials fell for the ninth consecutive day, which was the longest slide since nineteen seventy seven or something.
Speaker 1: Really, I did not even hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just was.
Speaker 4: Kind of ticking down bit by bit by bit by bit. But you expected to tick up at some point.
Speaker 1: Here I am like, I got it, and the Dow was crowded, You fool.
Speaker 4: January twenty sixth, Trump was hit with a penalty of more than eighty three million dollars in damages for defaming writer E Jean Carroll, saying she fabricated the sexual assault allegations. Easy to forget and it shouldn't be. January twenty eighth, US troops killed in Israel Hamas War three years service members are killed more than forty injured in and Iran back to milicious drone strike on a base in Jordan.
Speaker 1: Official say, yeah, maybe this is coming up, but remember that whole period where it was like that. It's now one hundred times we've been attacked without doing anything back exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh, and there's a headline.
Speaker 4: I think it might have been the journal I don't recall Israel Is contemplating. Well, they're essentially saying, who's next? Having beaten the hell out of Hamas and Hezbollah, now Asad is out of power in Syria, the hoothy rebels, rebels that have been siding with Iran and spreading death and destruction are about to get a hell of a whoopan, according to rumors, out of Israeli defense. Anyway, those troops killed under Joe Biden's watches. He did nothing after strike after strike.
Speaker 1: He said specifically in the debate. No troops died under his administration. Remember, and none were in a combat zone. Remember that, good Lord.
Speaker 4: January twenty ninth, US, the UN staff was linked to the Hamas attack. About ten percent of its Gaza staff have links to militant groups, and many of them participated in October seventh. Oh, a US retaliatory airstrikes. I'm scrolling frantically through this. February eighth, A Biden report. A Biden administration report calls him an elderly man with a poor memory, which turned out to be soft pedaling it, even though it was attacked by all the left media. It's just outrageous to say that, right right greeted with derision of that indignation. How dare you state that which is clearly obvious to everyone.
Speaker 2: So that was February eighth.
Speaker 4: Remember that the gaming of February February eleventh, my birthday, Chiefs win the Super Bowl again, beating my beloved forty nine ers in overtime. God, how was mu dam? That was not a good game. It's an awful game anyway, by all definitions, an exciting game. February thirteenth, Cabinet impeachment. Alejandro O may.
Speaker 2: Orchis the Border is Secure. Became the first sitting cabinet official to be impeached by the House.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember that, which shows you how many ingless.
Speaker 4: That was quickly defeated in the the Democrat Senate. February fourteenth, Kansas City Parade shooting. You remember that, ah, right? That was horrified personal beef, young people with guns, et cetera. February sixteenth, New York judge rules Donald Trump and his business should pay more than three hundred and fifty million dollars for misrepresenting his wealth for financial gain. That was the infamous this has never ever been charged in history.
Speaker 2: Everybody's happy with this deal case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that was that period of time where Trump was getting it like it seemed like on a daily basis. A new charge, a new fine, a new whatever, a different court case, three different court cases. He's got to show up to this week. That whole thing which helped to get him elected for one thing, iron Lea and have you been following the news. Number of people will pointed this out in the last couple of days. So George Stephanopolis and ABC had to pay Trump fifteen million dollars. Will actually they give him fifteen million dollars for his library. I love this line. Trump's gonna build a presidential library and the dominant media is going to pay for it, which is what's what's happening. But ABC got hit with undervaluing their corporation and an attempt to pay less in their fine. And see an End did the same thing in a lawsuit they're involved in. Yeah, everybody tries to hold down their value as much as possible in these sorts of things. It's the way people do business.
Speaker 4: Except when it benefits them, then they puff it up as much as is reasonable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: February sixteenth, Alexa Navalny dies in a Siberian prison. Colony was the day to day Yeah, February sixteenth. Part of the reason that I enjoy doing this is I don't know it somehow helps put the passage of time in more perspective for something. If you'd asked me would't Havevalney died? I would have said six months ago. I mean, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Been off by a lot, obviously, but I was.
Speaker 4: Toward the beginning of the year, a bunch of international stuff nobody cares about. February twenty eighth, Senate Minority leader Mitch McConnell says he will step down from his leadership role because he's old as hell.
Speaker 1: Did he freeze up again the other day? Was that real or not? I saw a video that was horrifying, but I didn't know if it was AI. It didn't make the news. Have you do you know, Katie, he took a spell, he fell, I know he fell, but there was there was a I just saw a video where he was asked something about his role in something or other, oh, running for re election or something like that, and he locked up and then his handler said, are you okay? One of those deals? But I couldn't tell if his ai are real and I haven't seen it on the news.
Speaker 4: It was in March this for our Californian listeners that the gigantic blizzard dumped more than sixty inches of snow over parts of this year and have had a mountains and joined NATO in May. May seventh, let's see the idea of banning TikTok was voted on and passed in the House and Senate. It's breaking right now. The Supreme Court has agreed to hear a First Amendment case about whether we can ban TikTok or not, which got me thinking during the commercial break. If it's a social media platform, period, then obviously they're protected by the First Amendment. But then I started to think, well, wait a minute. If I as a Chinese communist agent embusted for espionage and say, well wait a minute, I reported back to my superiors. Verbally, I was speaking, I have freedom of speech. The First Amendment protects me because TikTok is really a surveillance tool and a propaganda tool masquerading is a social media platform.
Speaker 1: I'm not small enough to understand how this is going to turn out. What do you think the Supremes Court is going to.
Speaker 2: Do on that?
Speaker 4: I think, and thank God for Trump's appointees, I think they're going to say, look, to the extent that is a social media platform with an opinion, we can't do anything about it. But there are unquestionable ties to a hostile foreign power. But I don't know' that's my very short answer. I would love to hear, you know, well, I'd love to hear the decision, and I think we'll hear the arguments very quickly.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I believe Tim, our friend, Tim the lawyer, and some of our you know, more free speech advocate friends are saying, you can't be banning news organizations just because you don't like the news they put out.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. Anyway.
Speaker 4: It was in the middle of March that the realtors came to that nationwide settlement of claims against price fixing essentially and brought to actually less certainty and a little chaos to who pays what, commissioned to whom, And that's still being worked out.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 4: Oh, March twenty second terrorist attack on a concert hall in Moscow suburbs killed at least one hundred and forty five people. Islamic State claimed responsibility.
Speaker 1: And we stopped one of those in the United States.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 1: That's probably coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: March twenty six was the big bridge collapse in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was this year when the guy crashed the big ship into the bridge.
Speaker 4: Ever got all about well they were losing power. Yeah yeah, I would have said that was last year. So I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: March twenty eighth, Sam Bankman freed, sentenced to twenty five years in prison. Him and his hair, his FTX fraud. His hair was sentenced concurrently, Mousey little girlfriend. Yeah yeah, let's see, that's a boring nobody cares. April seventh, Caitlin Clark in the National Championship Game, becoming a superstar even though she lost.
Speaker 2: And became a loser.
Speaker 4: Let's see, we just got to go with it with big ones. Trump's hush money trial began in April.
Speaker 1: The hush Muney trial.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, another ridiculous lawfair trial. I want that one to go to the appeals court. Judge Murchan has just announced that, No, we're just gonna put it in the freezer here and not do anything about it till the guy's out office. Yeah, yeah, we're not gonna do anything with it at all. Like, let it go to the appeals court where they'll say you suck as a judge. The jury only convicted because you misled them about the law. Get rid of this and by the way, turning your robe on the way out. Let's see what else. Oh, the big campus protests pro humas up with terrorism.
Speaker 2: Was in late April.
Speaker 1: So that's when the Columbia students locked down that building and had that whole thing exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, look, this list includes things like April twenty eighth, inflation lingers. Thing's lingering not count When did things happen? Let's see, Cornell's president resigned in May ninth, same reason, anti Semitism, protests against Israel, and the fact that you could protest anything in the world you wanted and do anything you wanted as long as Jews were on the receiving end, and as long as it wasn't a conservative just trying to have Ben Shapiro do a thirty minute talk. That is the problem. Uh d D that's not a very important The Dow hit four thousand. President of Iran killed in the copter crash May nineteenth.
Speaker 2: That was tragic.
Speaker 4: You remember that, Jack terrible and the next day a one to two punch that America barely endured.
Speaker 2: Red Lobster filed for bankers.
Speaker 1: Because there are too many fat people that took advantage of all you could eat shrimp doing, which was part of it, which is one of the funniest things in business history.
Speaker 4: And they got caught painting their brown lobsters red end debay last day. Trump convicted in New York all thirty four counts in the so called hush money trial.
Speaker 2: Absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Wow, in half the country thought that was the end of Trump, and it helped get him elected.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: June, first woman to lead Mexico hostage rescue in gaz I remember that was so dramatic. Hunter Biden convicted in Delaware of the gun charge and the President campaigning for re election store he would not pardon his son. It was in the middle of June at the High Court threw out the ban on bump stocks. Oh right right, Yeah, yeah, let's see, Celtics won the NBA crown. It's a it's a culture, not a costume. And this pronounced Celtics. Let's see what else do we have? Scrowlin, Scrolllin, scrowlin. Oh, Julian Assan cut that deal.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: June twenty seventh, Biden's disastrous debate, four months after her report said, look, he's a senile, old bastard.
Speaker 1: How's the middle of June. That's not that long ago?
Speaker 4: Drops out less than a month later, although it's worth pointing out it took almost a month for him to drop out.
Speaker 1: Right, that was one of the wildest months obviously in US history.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping that debate factors into the Clips of the Year show on Friday. I mean, and then we killed medicare I mean, some of the things he said in that debate. I saw a couple of clips the other day. I was reminded because, I mean, we all kind of remember the general outline of the thing. Oh, that's right, he came off as pretty senile. When you hear the clips again, you remember a lot of it was jaw dropping in that first fifteen minutes or so that month.
Speaker 1: That included the debate, all the speculation about him. He obviously has to get out how they're going to do it, who's going to be the nominee? Picking Kamala Trump getting shot the convention, That whole period of just a couple of weeks is just yeah, Michael.
Speaker 4: I just remember on the Biden debate, all of us texting each other within like the first two minutes, we all were saying something's wrong.
Speaker 1: The end of his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're up against the break. We really need to take a break.
Speaker 1: Okay, more stay here.
Speaker 4: I don't care who you are, what's your level of expertise and music is you got to admit the baritone saxophone is flatulent, very flatulent sounding instruments, Memories.
Speaker 1: The fantastic analysis.
Speaker 4: Finishing up the year in review, because there's no point in going over stuff that happened three weeks ago. I just want to point out it was life first that the Supreme Court ruled on presidential immunity, a wildly hilariously misinterpreted ruling on the left. Oh, this ll enable the president to start death squads, just completely riduculs us. July thirteenth, Trump survives assassination attempt. The infamous and amazing fist in the air, bloody face flag in the background, an amazing day unleashed an investigation in the Secret Service that continues today found utterly derelict in their duties. July the fifteenth, only two days later, Trump picks jd vance.
Speaker 2: So far, so good.
Speaker 4: Trump attended opening night of the Republican Convention with a bandaged right here, we were there watching him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so that was the fifteenth and he was shot on the what the thirteenth correct? Yeah, God, that's incredible. I know, it's amazing. The eighteenth he accepted the nomination. The nineteenth was that big tech outage.
Speaker 4: You remember that crowd strike thing, massive outage for millions of Microsoft Windows devices, grounded planes, hit banks, exposed the fragility of global digital technology. Took freaking eleven hours for me to get two hours home anyway.
Speaker 1: I didn't get I'm still in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 4: H July twenty first, Biden bows out shortly after the RNC endorsing Kamala Harris Halfwit to take over at the top of the Democratic ticket.
Speaker 1: And again that month they got to make a movie There Will Be Books. That just was some crazy several week period, the debate, they convention, the Kamala, all of it right.
Speaker 4: Two days later, the Secret Service director resigned and then they mentioned that at the end of the months there were strikes on hamas and hebel officials, and I was like, when were the pagers and the walkie talkies? That was September seventeenth. In the next couple of days after that, the still mind boggling effective. You can't believe it's real, taking out of hisbala's leadership and their guts literally with the sploit pages and walkie talking.
Speaker 1: There'll never be another political month three week period like that one, hopefully, hopefully. And the fact that it came out as well as it did and we're okay more or less is well, it's fantastic, something close to a miracle. Yeah, no kidding. If you miss an hour, get the podcast. We do four every day Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty