Speaker 1: Forever. Hi, Happy New Year? Who I mean, it is the new year. We made it twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: No sudden desks. Everything is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Knock on woodsis. I feel like I could drop dead today. Ah, we all could. I was standing underneath my chandelier and I was putting my hoodie on and I my hand hit it and it started to like shake a little bit, and I was like, oh my god, is this how I die? A peer one imports light fixture crushes my body?
Speaker 3: Or or this is how you start jump start getting rich because you sue them get money?
Speaker 1: Fuck bitches. Well, I have renders insurance now, so I think they would just paying my medical bills and I would still have the same amount of money in the bank. You can't sue them if my light falls down. Yeah, Actually, I don't know how suing works.
Speaker 3: Like it like it hit the CHANDELI hits you and then I don't know, it's like, I don't know, knocks your eye out then.
Speaker 1: But I but, Sidney, I would rather have my eye and the money that I already have. You can get a whole new eye, can I. It's not gonna look the same as the other eye. It's literally just gonna like look straight. I can't, you know, And no shod to people who look yeah yeah, if you rock in that eye patch, rap that eye patch, Mama, I see you when you got that glass eye. I don't want that.
Speaker 2: I don't want a glass eye because you know it just like.
Speaker 1: It doesn't move, okay, or it does move, but it moves too much or it's too slow.
Speaker 2: It's like loose and it just kind of like, no, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: It's gross, Okay, okay, rigglely eye in the New year anyway, Sidney Howe, has your twenty been so far?
Speaker 2: It's only like the second week, third week, it's.
Speaker 1: You know, it's been cool. You know.
Speaker 3: My job is about to end, so I'm just trying to like figure out loose ends, just you know, making friends with people so that when I bounce, I still have emails like.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? You got work for me? Like stuff like that. Are you working now with the people that you hate at your job?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't hate anybody. Love that.
Speaker 3: I love you guys, Comedy Central, shout out love you. No, But just there's people that I talk to you every day. I just don't have their information. So this time, I'm I'm because they won't be on slack anymore. So I'm just getting their personal emails so that I can what's slack?
Speaker 1: Slack is a thing.
Speaker 2: It is like word working. No, it's like instant messenger for for work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good chat. Yeah, there's differently channels.
Speaker 2: Andrew, Yes, have you new year?
Speaker 4: Hi? Yeah, I'm also here.
Speaker 2: He has not quit yet?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 2: So oh well.
Speaker 1: Especially okay, okay, well, and we're I mean, if you want to leave, there's the door from Honestly, there's people who want to be here. A million girls would kill for this job. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they wouldn't be like you.
Speaker 1: We would miss you.
Speaker 4: Dearly, right we would yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, it would take some time. We have to readjust yeah, we miss you. Would like the spring?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't allow that person to talk on the mind, absolutely at all.
Speaker 4: What if they were fun?
Speaker 1: No? How long did it take you to get a microphone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about it exactly.
Speaker 3: Imagine somebody gets right in and gets a mic.
Speaker 2: I would how bitterre you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would come and burn this building down.
Speaker 4: I was yelling from the back for the longest time.
Speaker 1: Exactly, which is our favorite. Those are.
Speaker 4: Episodes.
Speaker 1: Some of the listeners did like you yelling in the back. They're like, I love that he's there, but I can't hear him. Really, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Can hear half of the conversation.
Speaker 1: You're like about that, and we're like, Andrew said, just repeat your question for you. Uh, these bones right here in my shoulders are very prominent, Sydney, are your bones sticking out right here?
Speaker 2: Am I dying right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I'm really skinny, So what do you don't say about me? Sidney? Are sticking out?
Speaker 2: You're muscular? Like, it's they're sticking out because like.
Speaker 1: Because you work out a lot. Is that how bones works? And I feel like it's just like muscles make bones stick out. You're like, you're you're just really muscular. No, I'm saying that the bones are sticking out. I feel it right here. Yeah, my bones are sticking out. Okay, Andrew, you.
Speaker 4: Don't know anything about bones.
Speaker 1: She's like, it's because you're muscular your bones when you work out your own my bones stick out?
Speaker 2: Your bones get sharper.
Speaker 1: I'm a skinny lady, Ladies, I'm very felt spelt. Okay, all right, okay, Well, uh, so you're trying to connect with people at work, trying to make some moves. Have you read anything recently? Have you seen anything recently that you want to talk about? Have I done anything recent that I want to talk about.
Speaker 3: I actually got to see Aquafina's new show that's about.
Speaker 1: To come out.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I watched the first three episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's I was really really like, Okay, this is gonna be like.
Speaker 2: Like Broad City adjacent.
Speaker 3: After the third episode, I was like, oh, yes, this is dope, and everybody who made appearances were really funny. Michelle Butteu crushed it.
Speaker 1: I like all the people that made appearances, but I'm not gonna compare it to nobody's Broad City says oh okay.
Speaker 2: I was watching it, and it was kind of a struggle for me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay saying that, yes, Sydney, because we are allowed to have different opinions about something that is art. Okay. Realistically, I watched it and I was like, the first two episodes were hard for me to get through. But I remember I spoke to you and you said it gets good around the third episode, and I was like, okay, So I watched the third episode, and I enjoyed that the most of the three that I watched. But you know, sometimes I watch stuff and I'm like, oh, I too can write a television show because I think as people who are like as writers, we think our thing has to be perfect when we first write it. But these shows go through a bunch of different drafts and a bunch of revisions and a bunch of like a team of people get together and like put notes on it and tweak it, and when we do it.
Speaker 2: It's just us by ourselves.
Speaker 3: So the show has been in the works for five years now, So that's that.
Speaker 1: Lets you know how long ago that was.
Speaker 3: Yikes, like the like the pilot and just it shit takes time, and then like after the third episode, there's just it's like probably like a different different writers room and everything.
Speaker 2: So like things evolve and change, and so you know.
Speaker 1: She's fun though, you know, Golden Globe winner Aquafena.
Speaker 2: What is she win the Golden Globe for?
Speaker 4: For the farewell? Is that the thing where her grandma or something with the grandma? It was really really good. Oh I didn't have it spoiled for me either.
Speaker 2: Andrew was still upset.
Speaker 1: Little backstory here we record did an episode in December and Sidney and I had just seen Queen and Slim, and she ruined the ending live on the podcast, and Andrew was here and he took that part out of the episode, so it didn't ruin it for y'all. But he went just in a movie a couple weeks later, and he was thinking about.
Speaker 4: The end of the entire and Sidney won't apologize for it.
Speaker 1: Why won't you apologize? I just wonder.
Speaker 3: I just I feel like people the movie had been out for such a long time that spoilers are gonna happen. I mean, Star Wars comes out like movies and shows come out all the time, and people are live tweeting while it comes out and telling you exactly what's happening.
Speaker 1: So like, yeah, but you can unfollow the person that's tweeting, or you can stop, you can log off of Twitter. We were in here recording and having a conversation about it, and you said what the ending was while he was sitting here.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I'm sorry. I literally don't care. I'm sorry that I ruined it for you, but I don't care.
Speaker 1: He's resolution in twenty twenty is to be a bitch. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like, I'm very like compassionate towards people and understanding. I'm a sensitive person, like, so I understand, but there's just some things I'm like, No, I'm not, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think since you started taking this medication.
Speaker 1: You've been less than to a friend. No, I'm still sensitive. No, I'm saying sensitive to other people's feelings. You're sensitive, you feel things, you feel everything. But I think since you started taking this medication, you are kind of an insensitive person.
Speaker 2: Okay, what other example, Well, we have a friend.
Speaker 3: I know we talked about Carolina, and we spoke last night, and I was actually really annoyed by that, because it's like, one, if I don't know that you're mad at me, or you're annoyed at me and you're telling somebody else, that's when you can we give people the backstaye Okay, So Carolina, I just ruined it for you guys.
Speaker 1: So sorry, I'm spoiler.
Speaker 2: And I'll say this about spoilers.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna spoil something, you're supposed to say spoiler alert. You're supposed to say there's spoilers at the end, it is sentenced.
Speaker 4: That I'm about to say it's okay, like Sidney's just not taking anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 1: And because because you're you ask for another example, and I'm going to give this example, and then we can figure out we can decide who's right or who's wrong. Here, we have a friend. Her name is Carolina Sidney, and she are neighbors. Sidney eats at Carolina's house every day. Yes, Carolina cooks, She's a good cook. She feeds you.
Speaker 2: She makes sure you eat your vegetables, your greens, your fruits.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes. You get home from work, you go to her house, the door be open. Yes, y'all are like it's like a dorm, right. So Sidney eats a lot of cereal, and so Carolina and her cousin who lived together, started leaving cereal, keeping cereal in the house because they eat it now. So Sidney went to Carolina's house after work, shows up. Carolina fixes her a plate of food like dinner. Sidney eats it. Then after dinner wants a bowl of cereal. Okay, so dinner and the cereal for supper, same meal, same city, Syne. He goes to the refrigerator. She picks up a box of cereal. She's like, oh, there's nothing in here. It's like powder or like dust. And Carolina's like, Carolina was offended. I was joking.
Speaker 3: I you weren't there. I'm telling you exactly wasn't there. I said it in such a voice that's not even my voice.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was joking because there was stuff in there. It was just literally like the it was it was the it wasn't oh, it wasn't completely gone, but it was a lot of like the ends of the cereal.
Speaker 2: But I was, I was literally joking.
Speaker 1: Carolina says that hurt her feelings. Right, you're saying you were joking. Whether you're joking or not, she told you it hurt her feelings. She just fed you. You don't pay for any food in that house, none of it. Right, she feeds you regardless she got the cereal because you like eating cereal. It's not your.
Speaker 2: Cereal, it's still her, it's still her cereal. I was completely I have my own cereal downstairs.
Speaker 1: And yet you were complained about her not having It was a joke. But Sydney, we've joke. Can we can joke and you can hurt somebody's feelings and they tell you that you hurt them, and you can't keep saying it was a joke. You can apologize, or you can buy some cereal, or you could.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, so Andrew, you heard what what are your thoughts here?
Speaker 4: Wait? So it's it's fully her cereal? Yeah, okay, So I could see you doing that. And especially if I I'm like giving so much to you and then you're like, oh, complaining that there isn't like one thing, I would be hurt as well. And I think that's just like the place to apologize, right.
Speaker 3: But that's but this is why I did apologize. I said, I'm joking. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I was completely joking.
Speaker 3: And then the next day I come in and she's like, I'm mad at you, and I was like what And she tells me about what happened, and I was like, I was completely joking and I had already said sorry, But did you apologize? I said, I'm sorry, I was joking that when it actually happened, I was like, I'm totally kidding.
Speaker 2: I was saying, so what happens when she says she's met at you. The next day, I was like, I text you earlier that day.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 3: She didn't tell me that she was upset at me, So she had been upset all day. And then I finally see her and I'm like, oh, so.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just mention this earlier?
Speaker 3: But also I was just joking, and the way our relationship is the way you joke, Amina jokes, Carolina jokes, the way we are on this podcast. There's stuff that's been said that's way more hurtful, and we.
Speaker 2: Just that's just how our rapport is.
Speaker 3: So there's some things that I'm like, I gotta take that l or I'll be like, oh, that really hurt my feelings. But I constantly checked myself in the group chat with everybody and the things that we've said to each other in passing that I'm like, am I overreacting?
Speaker 2: Or is this person serious? Is this person joking?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What is the matter? Yeah, But Sidney, that's the cool thing about being friends with somebody. You if you feel something and you want to talk to them about it, there's no expiration date on how you feel. Sis feelings don't have an expiration date, right, She didn't want to say anything, or if you felt away in a group chat with your rude ass friends, which is us, then you like there's conversations that we've had that you're like, uh, X amount of days ago, because sometimes you need to build up to saying something to somebody. Sometimes, like you don't want to confront somebody because you're like, ah, maybe I'm overreacting.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's weighing on you.
Speaker 1: It's sitting on you for a couple of days, right, and you're like, well, I have to say something. You can't say, well, it happened two days ago. It happened X amount of weeks ago. Like there's stuff that's happened. Andrew still upset about Queen and Slim and you won't apologize to him. I won't.
Speaker 2: You literally just said I'm not going to apologize.
Speaker 1: And then that's why I said you're being insensitive and why I bought the Carolina thing up in the first place. So and you still sitting here like you still don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm not. Then it's not I don't care.
Speaker 3: It's just like there's so much like more important things to you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not not to me.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about in general that you can't say, oh, I am sensitive and then dish out all this stuff on a daily and then all all of a sudden when I'm like, I'm completely joking because I am, like, I totally am appreciative of everything that Carolena does. When Carolina did that whole party, she asked me for money, and I here you go, boom, I gave whatever. I gave a great amount of money to that party, to the food.
Speaker 1: That I barely ate it.
Speaker 2: But I'm not upset about them.
Speaker 1: They know that.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like, I know what you mean, Like she does a lot for me, but whenever she needs anything or whatever, I'm I'm very a and I tell her every single.
Speaker 4: Day, well no, because like a person to respond that way and get upset over making a joke, you know, that's like a slow burn. You know they're getting upset over like a number of things. And maybe she didn't feel appreciated by you, and maybe you, like you weren't showing appreciation the way that she wants to be appreciated.
Speaker 3: She listened to the podcast that we just had, and I talk about how appreciative I am of Carolina and how much she does for me.
Speaker 4: Well, well, don't you get her like five boxes of cereal?
Speaker 1: Sidney. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: I was like, out, what do you need more cereal?
Speaker 1: What do you need? I'll need you. She didn't need more cereal. You needed more cereal. You went up, you left your cereal downstairs, went to her house. A yeah, and then you were like, oh, it's not no cereal. Whether you were joking or not, that wasn't. She didn't left, She's and she sat and thought about it and could She told me about it the next day and I said, well, Carolina, if you feel a certain way about this, then you need to say something, right. That's all I said to her. I said, if you feel strong, if you're this upset, then you need to talk to Sidney because she's gonna keep doing this because she's gonna think that you're fine with it. She's gonna keep making these same types of jokes.
Speaker 3: No, she's the way she responded, I was like, oh, I was joking, but I haven't joked like that. That was the first time I made a joke like that ever.
Speaker 2: Sidney.
Speaker 1: I know you, okay, I know how you joke, I know what you say, I know how you are when you get into people's houses. I know how you like to like make yourself real comfortable when you go to someone. Oh you know what, food you go this, You open people's fridges, you take stuff out, you eat what you want whatever. That's fine, but that's not fine for everybody. And that's not fine for your friend who loves Carolina, adores you. You like Carolina, you appreciate her or whatever whatever. These are all true, but in that moment, she didn't feel appreciated, and she told you about it the next day, and you responded by saying all of this other stuff and adding to that, you started talking about you know, like how like it didn't really matter that she was upset because it.
Speaker 3: And that also is annoying to me that she's talking to you about like something that I'm like, I had already spoke to her. I'm like, you can't talk to people in the group about something that is first of all, it's in the house, and I'm telling you, like, oh, I said that, I'm sorry, But also I was just like.
Speaker 2: Well, there's tons of things that we all do in here.
Speaker 1: That's just like lou But Sidney, that's not how you apologize to somebody, and I'm saying that as somebody who is It's hard for me to apologize, right. You can't say I'm sorry, but I'm sorry, but we all say crazy things. I'm sorry, but I've been offended before and I didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: That doesn't matter, that's on uses. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: When I told her what I was offended about and the way she responded and she was like, I'm sorry, Like I mean, I've she's done things, and I'm like, okay, it's Carolina, like I get it.
Speaker 1: Whatever, and I moved forward. Yeah, but that's you, Sidney. Those things didn't affect you as much. You moved forward because you could. She couldn't move forward because she was stuck in it. When I saw her literally twenty four, I was later and then she called you on it and you were like, too much time has passed?
Speaker 2: How dare you bring this up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, that's not what I said.
Speaker 3: I said that I messaged you and I literally had text her like hey girl, like oh did you get your did you? I'm gonna research you. That was the time to be like, hey can I do it Vieta? Yeah, But you can be like hey, I want to talk to you, and so you'd be like, what, what do you want to talk about? So you can poke at that so she can finally tell you what she wants to.
Speaker 1: Talk now about.
Speaker 3: That's I literally came into her house and she hit me with that I'm mad at you, which I was. I had came in her house and I had a migraine and I was just there to say, hey, did you did you get your gift? And come to get my light? And it was just like I had already just came off of work. It was like, oh, I got to I got it was I was defensive because the way she approached it, and it was just like not an inviting situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Sidney, you don't know what at the beginning of Carolina's day was the day that you was complaining about the cereal. You don't know what happened to her before you said It's not No, you don't know what she had experienced before that moment, in the same way that she didn't know what you had just gone through at your job or on your commute. So like, everything that you're saying is real for you, but everything that she was saying was real for her. So you can't you're not allowed to do that, friend. And I'm saying this as somebody who'll be like, ah, well, I'm sorry you felt offended, but like, that's not apologizing to somebody, right.
Speaker 3: But I said, And then we ended, and I had said all this stuff that I was like, I apologize. So she goes back to you and tells you after the fact that I genuinely gave her an apology to complain about what what.
Speaker 2: With down it.
Speaker 1: I don't appreciate that I and she just was saying it didn't go well, but it.
Speaker 3: Did because at the end of it, I genuinely apologized. I said, hey, I have a migraine. All this stuff went down. I was this your tone of voice?
Speaker 1: Friend?
Speaker 2: You said?
Speaker 1: Did you say I got a migraine and I don't have time for this and I'm going home?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that more? Really?
Speaker 2: That was the first time that I said.
Speaker 3: And then and I went back and I said, you know what, I'm actually really sorry. I do care about your feelings. You know, I'm super appreciative. I pay my rent two months in advance. That's how appreciative I am. Like, I don't know what else I can do. I don't know either friend.
Speaker 1: I just I wanted to I just wanted to put up another example of you being insensitive.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, this is this, and this is going forward in any situations. The way we are with each other where we give, we literally roast each other all day, right, That is the nature of our friendship. Sure, friendship with Andrew language, that is how we get down with everybody.
Speaker 1: Sure. So there I have.
Speaker 2: To check myself sometimes because I'm like.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean, this is what I be doing all day, so I can't get mad if somebody is giving it back or if they're joking, because that's how long we've been doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then you come to my house once and we my family was hosting each other so hard that you were like I gotta go lay down, Like you were like, this is too much for me. Well, I said, I set it out because I was like, I can't get in it. I can't get but that is but that's being honest and being like, hey, if I would have tried to go toe to toe for y'all, and then your sister would have said something that was like out of pocket for me, that hurt my feelings, and I'm like, then I'm mad, but I could only be mad at myself because I already saw how y'all were getting down right, But I'm saying, like Sydney, not everybody is like that, and not everybody even even if we are our love language is roasting each other and making fun of each other. Like there are things that we might have said that have hurt Andrews feelings that he might not have said anything about it.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, here we go, boosha kalaka.
Speaker 1: There are things that certain maybe somebody's on their period or maybe somebody just found out that their insurance got denied or whatever. Like certain days, people are in different moods and and things that are normal and regular will not work.
Speaker 2: This is all that I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's all about, like how much you're like, you're valuing that relationship with the person. If you're not like, will to be like, Okay, I treat it like a joke. You know.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, jokes are uh you know, sometime every joke is not gonna be funny to everybody, And maybe something that is funny to me today is gonna piss me off tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But for me, I'm just saying moving forward, if that's just how it is, and I'd rather just not I'd rather take a step back from joking like that, because then I don't want to have to be on pins and needles with like my roasting.
Speaker 4: But it's not pins and needles, like you're you're signing up to be a friend with someone, like you are already friends with them, like you know, like they have bad days.
Speaker 1: Carolina is not like us. We like okay, so if my family is a ten when it comes to roasting and like being mean and like no ho is barred, and you and I are at a seven with roasting each other because like there's certain things that we wouldn't say to each other, but there's things that we'll say to each other that people other people will be like what Carolina might be a four or a five, like she can only take that much heat. She's not She's not like us. She like sensitive and she went to like an art school and all her friends are like, you know, like drama nerds or like she's not like us. Yeah, no, I understand that.
Speaker 3: And I also there'll be times in the group chat where like, oh I check myself and be like okay, let me And sometimes when Amina says something to her, I jump to her defense because I know how Carolina is, So it's not like I don't know how my friend is.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just, I just I just want to say that.
Speaker 1: You know, if if you're listening to this and you feel a way, or you want to weigh in on who you think is wrong right here, or you know, whether jokes means like if jokes are base, if you can if you could say something disrespectful and then be like it was a joke and that's base. That like that like absolves you from any wrongdoing, then let us know how you feel about that. It doesn't absolve.
Speaker 3: But if a guest comes on here, which has happened, and we roasting them and they go back on me, and then I'll be like, oh that hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: It's like already you can't.
Speaker 1: I came in hot, so now I'm upset. But that theear that's here in the studio. They listen to the episode, They know us, They listen to our comedy, They are familiar with our style. They walk in and sit down, and they know what they potentially got themselves into.
Speaker 3: Not all of them, not all the guests some of the guests. I've talked to them afterwards. Oh shit, I were I didn't know it was like that.
Speaker 1: And okay, sure, maybe not everybody, but for the most part, you sit in that chair. You know what the hell you signing up for? Carolyna was at her house. Okay, that's a safe space. I'm home and you coming into my house and you didn't put no groceries in here. You haven't been to the supermarket in X amount of years and you complaining about my food not being full enough for you. It was an The audacity that you think that I had have to like that was Sidney. Actually, yeah, the audacity that I think that you have is crazy because I asked you X amount of weeks ago, when's the last time you went to the supermarket? And you couldn't answer that question. So then you go to somebody else's house who's in the supermarket regularly, and you're like, girl, y'are poor not doing really bad in here? That is not where is the food feed the children? Like if you had said all of that stuff, I did feel like that's a joke. No, I would think that's more disrespect. I would feel in my mind that feels more.
Speaker 4: A joke, because I also don't often and so if someone said that, I would be like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I feel like that in my mind, Sydney.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's the energy that you had that is not you. Weren't you weren't there.
Speaker 3: And what I really think happened is that she was having a bad day and any little thing I was going to do was going to.
Speaker 2: Give her a hard time. Okay, So then that's so.
Speaker 3: And that and and that's fine, that's totally fine. And and I said at the end of it, I said, my bad. Moving forward, I'm not gonna eat in your place. I'm not gonna ask for your food. I'm glad this happened because now I can.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna eat her friends. I will go to the grocery store, which when I'll go.
Speaker 2: But even if I don't, you don't have to worry about it. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But Carolina doesn't have a problem sharing her food, but I don't want to. That's that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want that, Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: That's that's when your friend. That's all on you. It's not on me. It's like you just you said I don't want that. Then it is on you friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm also like, if I'm in your place, I don't want to be thrown in my in my face that I come through.
Speaker 1: Either you want me to come through, you don't. She wants you to come through. She doesn't want you to be disrespectful to her. That's it.
Speaker 3: So but you're I'm never I'm never disrespectful, except for that.
Speaker 1: One time you were trying to say that you're not disrespect disrespected. Okay, wow, got it, Like I need I need a break. We'll be right back on this break. Go to the ads.
Speaker 3: For the listeners, I mean the people who who listen to me every Friday, the listeners. The listeners. I am probably the most understanding. When somebody hits me with something, I'm like, oh, like that is my first initial like oh okay, because either I've been in that place or I'm fucking sensitive, so I get it. But then there's just sometimes and I'm just like, okay, uh, you know, we have to hold our emotions accountable sometimes because I know that I'm irrational.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then you sound a real irrational right now.
Speaker 3: I don't think I don't I don't think so okay, well let's agree.
Speaker 1: I don't agree, Andrew. You can be judge judy on this.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think that we're all irrational in some ways, and I think that do gang up on Sydney a lot.
Speaker 3: If you listen to go back to the to the episodes, there's tons of times and I'm like, this is what we do.
Speaker 1: You know, Yes, but Carolina is not on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, but but I'm also talking about just holding things accountable. It's just like I have to sometimes you just have to check your emotions because you're like, well, this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's moving forward. It's a new year, it's a new us. If ever, if ever there's a moment on this mother e f In podcast that you feel slighted, I always say respectful. I always say something disrespected. I always I'm very vocal.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't go back to Amina and be like Marie was on a podcast doing dah da da da da.
Speaker 1: I don't do that. I handle it with you and then move forward. Okay, but everybody's not you Sydney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I already explained to people that I don't want that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, this is.
Speaker 1: This is what this is. Let me finish what I'm about to say. If anybody in this room who does this podcast with Sidney and I and Andrew, if any of us ever feel disrespected or there's a moment where you're like whoha, wha, wha, wha, what's they get it too far? Then call it out. We need a safe word. Okay, let's let's come up with a safe word. You get, you gotta you gotta scream it out and we'll stop what we're doing and go like whoa what what? Whoa what? What's the safe I'm gonna throw the word snickers out there.
Speaker 2: Snickers?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm not saying. That's way too close to another.
Speaker 1: Word we are not doing. Then what is your okay, episode, Snickers is too close? Sidney? What what word are you think? It doesn't have to be food, it could be anything. It could be a toilet paper. I mean, what's your safe word? That's fine, Twigs is fine. Oh, I kind of like toilet paper.
Speaker 4: I just I don't I don't know if I want to really fully commit to going into this, but I just think there is something funny about you bringing this up because you maybe Sidney has my back here. You're sometimes difficult to confront talking.
Speaker 2: I know, but that's why. But that's I I said that.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm saying this to you, Sidney as somebody who you know, it's hard for me to say to apologize sometimes. But if I'm saying this to you, then I feel like that means something. If I'm bringing this up, I feel like that means something. Well.
Speaker 3: I'm also like how it was explained to you. I don't know how it was explained. I just told you, yeah, but I'm I'm like, you weren't there. So there's been situations where somebody here explained to me what happened, and then I get the reals and I'm like, oh, see.
Speaker 1: What where what I when I introduced the story, I said what happened? And you didn't disagree? I did? I told you. I was like, that's not how I said that. But the words were the same. Maybe the tone that I use was different, but the words were the same. Right.
Speaker 2: I didn't change the story.
Speaker 1: She didn't. She didn't add extra characters or special effects or c g. I she just told you. She told me what happened. And then I what about do you? And You're Okay, anyway, and you finished what you were saying.
Speaker 4: No, I don't I don't know if I really want to get in.
Speaker 1: Toilet toilet paper. Go ahead say because I've heard your feelings before and I didn't apologize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're sometimes difficult too, and I'm learning this through working with you both.
Speaker 1: Where Oh my god, he's turning so rare, it's hilarious.
Speaker 4: You're just sometimes difficult to have a conversation with a difficult conversation. And that was why when we had a difficult conversation, I was very uncomfortable and I was short of breath in seventeen Yeah, and I was like, oh God, like I need to have this conversation with Marie and Sydney mostly Marie. Uh, And it's it was hard.
Speaker 1: But when you had the conversation with me, did I say to you that happened X amount of weeks ago?
Speaker 4: It was relevant, It was relevant to the time, and I knew that where are you going just leaving this conversation.
Speaker 1: I will not sit for this. But my lips are dry, you know when people when people confront me, my lips get dry.
Speaker 4: My face turns right.
Speaker 1: Okay, so uh, you felt away, But then after we talked, did you feel better?
Speaker 4: What did? I don't know because it's hard to we can't really talk about the exact.
Speaker 2: Actually what happened the you.
Speaker 1: Talk around it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, can we give them the gist you were, Oh, it was about cut. We can talk about this. Yeah, it was about making cuts in the episode. And there we didn't see eye to eye with what was being released in the episode. Well, and I was just like, I don't think that that's appropriate. And we just didn't see eye to eye. And then I realized that actually, contractually, you're allowed to say whatever you want and keep whatever it is, despite how fucked up I think it is or whatever.
Speaker 1: So what was the issue?
Speaker 4: And then because I thought it?
Speaker 1: I thought you made a cut that didn't need to be made, and you thought that I wasn't nice to you, and how I responded to you about it.
Speaker 4: And then because then in that story, in the entire exchange, you found out that I cut something out that you said a while ago that Sidney was aware of.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Andrew, that's erasure, okay, realistically, and I'm gonna let you finish your I'm gonna let you finish your thought. But Sidney and I have been doing this podcast long before Forever Dog. We say what we.
Speaker 2: Want, when we want, how we want to who we want. We don't cutn't.
Speaker 1: We never cut anything out of our podcast unless a guest asked us to cut something out. So for me, it was problematic and it made me angry because you you know, a gay white man is telling me, a straight black woman what I can and can't say on a podcast that I started right right, So for me, you know, I'm like, Andrew, who are you talking to? Like what do you mean? Yeah? And You're like, well, you know this person might be offended, and these types of people might be offended, and you know this could be problematic for the for the Forever Dog universe. And I still don't agree with you on that. If no, I say something bad, then let me take the heat on that, right, And I still stand by that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's what we discovered, was that, fully, Like, I don't have any say and whatever you say in the podcast.
Speaker 1: Right, but you still feel a way about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't agree with it. I mean that's just me. But again, like that's.
Speaker 1: That's how you feel. But do you think I deserve you deserve an apology for that.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, because because I'm I'm like, you're just it was difficult to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: It was difficult to have a conversation because you're afraid I'm gonna say something mean to.
Speaker 2: You, right, That's why.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, and then I said something you.
Speaker 2: Do yeah, or the or just the tone just sometimes.
Speaker 1: Look, this is I understand, I'm intimidating. I mean, I got these little paper mache muscles. I get that. But at the same time, like, at the same time you felt away.
Speaker 2: We had a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't. There wasn't a time limit on it. I also, you made the cut and didn't tell me. And then after X amount of weeks had months had passed, I found out and I was like the look are you doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that for me was problematic.
Speaker 1: Not only did you not talk to me about it, not only did you not ask me, you then did it and I didn't even realize that you had done it. So for me, that that's like a betrayal friend.
Speaker 4: It was like, well, in my defense, and I don't want all the listeners to just like hate me for a race, but Sydney and I discussed it and when it happened.
Speaker 3: But the cut had already been made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you do. You guys not understand my position? No, no, no, hold on, hold on, I understand, hold on, hold on totally. When you said that, I was understand my position here. You spoke to Sydney about something that I said. You didn't speak to me. You spoke to Sydney. You made the cut. Y'all agreed to make the cut.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he had already made the cut.
Speaker 1: This was month. This was months.
Speaker 3: I've basically found out a little bit before you found out.
Speaker 1: And then you didn't tell me. So for you to be upset about our friend talking to me about something that happened between y'all is kind of laughable. Friend. Why because me and Carolina had a conversation about you, I'm friends with both of y'all. You and Andrew had a conversation about me. Neither of y'all told me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I felt like it wasn't for me to tell that was for him to tell you.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you don't.
Speaker 1: But okay, I just I'm I'm just gonna leave it right there. Because people are listening. They're from different walks of life. They're they live in different countries, they live in different states. They I just want y'all to.
Speaker 4: Weigh in here because no, yeah, because I mean.
Speaker 3: After we spoke, I said absolutely, I totally understood, and we should have all spoke together. And that's what and moving forward, that's what we said. If there's any issues, we talked to us before there's like outside or whatever.
Speaker 1: I just Andrew had an issue with something that I said, and he spoke to Sydney about it. It's that's like hilarious to me, that is all I'm saying, Andrew. It's it's scary as I am fire breathing dragon reezi. Uh, you still should have spoke to me about it, and now Sydney, and that's a nice one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, And that's exactly That's how I felt when she spoke to you and not me.
Speaker 1: So it's that it's that's exactly how But then she did speak to you, you know, and he did speak to you. Yeah, but the whole thing, it was within a twenty four hour period.
Speaker 2: You did what you did.
Speaker 1: We spoke about it in the afternoon, and then that evening she spoke to you about it again. So the Andrew and you thing was y Y've been going behind my back for you?
Speaker 4: No sorry looking out? It was.
Speaker 3: It was literally I was told the week before and then he told you right after.
Speaker 4: And I had also when we were recording the episode that I forget what episode it was, but the guest so long ago. The guest and Sydney were both like they also had a reaction to it, and I believe that Sydney made a joke about cutting it, and I was just like, okay, that's all. I really the same, y'all.
Speaker 1: Can oof all you want with the words that I say, right you oof you? You present your argument. If I say leave it in there, leave it in there, and if something bad happens and it hits.
Speaker 2: The wall, then let me take that heat.
Speaker 1: I roast Rihanna and Beyond on this podcast regularly, and the Behigh have the Beehive must not have heard the episodes yet, but we don't cut the Beyonce stuff out and her fans are brutal, So like, if you really truly care about this podcast and what we're talking.
Speaker 3: About, Beyonce is not The difference is not the same as like transphobia, homophobia, racism.
Speaker 2: But I didn't say anything trans but you didn't.
Speaker 3: But when we when we were talking about it, we were just like, listen, this is how it could come off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, guys, it's okay. There's no more cuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no more cuts.
Speaker 4: There's nothing.
Speaker 1: Listen. You listen to the Unofficial Expert Podcast, you're like, oh, Marie is the one with the deep voice that says mean stuff. Sometimes you listen to this episode, like episode, you'll be like, Sidney's the one that well, Sidney's the mean one too. Now I am the mean one. Now the nice one is Andrew. I know Andrew. Andrew, Andrew is passive aggressive, that's what you are. No, I don't know. I I think that like again, if it hits the fan, like the letter hit the fan, if anything, that episode might go like a little bit viral, and like that helps us more than it hurts us. Oh my god, think about the future of the pod.
Speaker 3: Okay, I agree with I agree with you on that, but also you said let you take the heat. That's not how it goes. It's weird together on this. If something is said on the podcast, then I have to I will have to defend you.
Speaker 1: I'm in it.
Speaker 3: You your name is involved. It's our podcast. It's not the same.
Speaker 1: It's our podcast. Yes, but if I say something and people drag our podcast, then Sidney, you with your your PC like logic and you're like, you know your your LGBTQ ways can say that you know this. This is my colleague. And I don't agree with what she said, but we're comedians and it was a joke. You can say, you can use the it was a joke, excuse the same way you used it was a joke with Carolina. Realistically, you can do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you when you said it was not a joke, that was a it was a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna just say what I said so that y'all can hear it. And I mean, because it's you guys are making it sound like it was so much more.
Speaker 4: No, it was.
Speaker 1: We actually talked about it on the Patreon, so I didn't say anything transphobic, and I did. We did talk about ether patreon, and I think you guys agree with what I said, And if you want to hear it, you got to go to the Patreon. So if you want to hear about what was said, you got to go to the Patreon, you go there go. What was the name of the episode, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but it was like two episodes ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well three after this episode four four episode was out. Yeah, I don't know. Words are powerful from the so am.
Speaker 4: I yes, that very clear, and.
Speaker 1: So was Andrew because he with like like his like with the power of God just deleted the words that I said and no one ever heard them. So you too, Andrew made it very clear that you're bowerful.
Speaker 4: I okay, there's no more cuts, but stop, okay, go ahead, finish. I was just like, and then I was just like really hurt because I was just like, I feel like I do a lot for you guys, and then and then for you to respond in this way, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But Andrew, you have to understand why I reacted that way.
Speaker 4: I totally understand.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So you're like, you're the Carolina here and I'm the Sydney. You're like, I do a lot for you, and you reacted that way and it made hurt your feelings. Yes, well, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, friend, Sydney. You see how you apologize to somebody?
Speaker 4: Okay, you can't do that to stop it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can, Andrew stop it. You stop it. Take my apology back. I'm sorry you felt offended, but I was joking.
Speaker 4: You see that, Sydney. How you apologize?
Speaker 1: How you do it? Oh my god? No I listen?
Speaker 2: Okay, no, no, no, all right, he hear me out.
Speaker 1: Don't even hear me out?
Speaker 2: No, go ahead, well listen for me.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm used to being it's it's usually Marie. For five years, it's been just me and you, and now we have other people in the in the crew, and I have to adjust to everybody.
Speaker 2: But it's been it's been me.
Speaker 3: And you for so long, and there is some things that we've even talked about. I was like, oh that hurt my feelings and we move forward. And I was just like, but wait, this is this is how you get down and if I want to be a part of what we're doing, like, I can't be sensitive about every freaking thing. Some of the things I'm like, I know that's not she's not coming from a bad place. That's just how loose we are. And we've been loose for so long. It's I just pick and choose what I'm like. Oh that that was like.
Speaker 1: Unacceptable, Sydney. We're older now, right, we've been friends now. I got a Facebook memory from two fifteen us in that dusty basement.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the my bangs were awful with the curly hair banks curly and the bangs were too short when had the breakdown?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I have bangs? Oh my god. Yes, yes, the lighting was awful, Jenny. Yes, we've been friends for that long, but we've changed. We're not the same people we were five years ago. We were older, and we are maybe a little bit more set in our ways. I don't know, cells reset every seven years or whatever the hell the logic is here. We're not the same people we were when we met. So there are things that I say that maybe back then would have rolled off your back, but now they are problematic, and I think that you should call me out on them. I feel like I remember the first time you confronted me on something. I think I was at your job and I could and she was just like you, Andrew. She she didn't turn red, but I could tell she didn't want a confrontation with me, and she was like, I need to I need to speak with you. And I'm say, what was it about I.
Speaker 2: Don't even remember.
Speaker 1: I don't know something that I said that that hurt your feelings or you felt disrespected in some way. And I could tell looking at you that you did not want to have the conversation with me, and I could see how much it took for you to bring it up, same as when you did it, Andrew. But you did it, and I apologized and then we moved forward. But you, like, you can't like like at the same way, like you can't use my strong personality as an excuse for me saying that I'm offended by something that you say, like you're not allowed to say. Well, Marie, you say mean things to me all the time. I'm telling you right now that you hurt my feelings, So you can't be like, well, Marie, you mean too. In twenty sixteen, you said that, like I'm like, well, Sydney, it's January twenty twenty, and I'm telling you that I didn't like that. Okay, so like valid, But I feel like you know this is this should be a safe space.
Speaker 3: Valid I mean, and it is a safe space clearly because we have in.
Speaker 2: This personal ask as long as conversation.
Speaker 4: On podcast, The entire episode so one thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, apologies are hard and friendship is hard. They are so hard but also so easy. And so.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Maybe I am in my feelings about stuff because I feel like I am the first person to say sorry, You're the first person to be apologizic. I'm the first one to be like, it's my fault. So I think I am coming into another place in my life where I'm like, yeah, i think I'm tired of saying sorry all the time.
Speaker 1: That's real, Sydney. And I feel like, yes, when I said that, we're not the same people we were five years ago. You're a completely different person to me now, completely different. You're the opposite of almost the Sydney that I met in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: When you met me, I was sucking dick and drinking tequila and there we go.
Speaker 1: Second, is that there?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: It is there? It is so Yeah, you're a completed and you're like sober now and you're on medication and you're a little bit you're a lot meaner, but also you stand up for yourself more. You're stronger now. Yeah, And I feel like I'm how have I changed in the last five years? Sidney, No, You're I feel like you.
Speaker 3: You are a lot nicer and thoughtful, and I used to be meaner than them, less.
Speaker 1: Less, less selfish, and.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I feel like I can talk to you more if I have an issue. Before I feel like it wasn't possible.
Speaker 1: See impossible. It felt impossible, and yet here we are growth a breakthrough. I mean it's still hard, but it's it's like less hard. Yeah, but you know what part of me likes that is hard to talk to me, you know, no, I'm being realistic. Part of me likes that like this way, like it's a it's a buffer for bs, like you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: No, but there's like been times and you you like, uh picked up on like Sydney's like like not being able to speak clearly because she was trying to have a difficult conversation right now. When I had a difficult conversation with you at that time, I was like slipping over my words and you made a joke about like, oh, like you need some water, fram like.
Speaker 1: But your throat felt dry.
Speaker 4: And I was like and then I started like realized, I was like, oh no, fuck that, like, don't talk to me that way, you know. So I think there is a line that I think that you should be.
Speaker 1: In those in those moments that you should just say that, say fuck that.
Speaker 4: No I did, and I like you saying that. Actually I was able to like reclaim my power a little bit and okay, okay, I made stop, but.
Speaker 1: Shoun andrew yes. And in that moment also I saw how hard it was for you and I didn't need to say that, but so heavy, and you know, I'm breaking the ice.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: Nothing I did learn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we both did.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean we come a long way, just like you expressing your emotions and and being honest and telling you all your business like you know. I mean, we still don't know your age, but I mean you've been so transparent on the podcast, and.
Speaker 1: You still need to know how old I am. I mean.
Speaker 3: Somebody so you know, I put on the on the Unofficial Expert a picture of me in elementary school and it had the date and what grade I was in, and people message like, oh yo, I'm trying to do the math to figure out if you were in the eleven.
Speaker 1: It's like yo, and they're like and then someone wrote me, They're like, Reid's been twenty four for a long time. Wow. I'm like well, you know, well, I mean I don't have a picture of me from elementary school, but my uh the year and my birthday is not on any of the stuff that I took anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I like, I just posted it and I didn't even look at I was like, yo, when I saw that, I was like, fuck, I really.
Speaker 1: Did I did see that. I did see that.
Speaker 3: I say, my age, I don't. I'm like, I don't care. But I did look at that, and I was like, man, that was a good joke.
Speaker 1: When you when you made the joke, I was like, well, cause you were like I don't even remember. You were like I was in high school some of these references. You were like what was like, Sidney, how old issue? Yeah, well you have a birthday coming up? Friend? Are you excited about it? I mean birthdays are hard for me. I don't know how hard they are for you.
Speaker 2: No that I like, no, I'm like so annoyed about your birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get I'm trying to get dinner for us for free somewhere.
Speaker 1: So I'm working on that.
Speaker 2: I've been hey, hi, how you know, like, oh, you had a baby.
Speaker 3: Just sending those dusty texts that are kind of inappropriate.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I waitress for ten years and I went to so many places.
Speaker 2: I've served so many people.
Speaker 1: It's like, take care of me, dude. I don't ask for much. I don't know those people are still in those places some of them. Yes, actually they are.
Speaker 2: They're still there.
Speaker 3: And so I'm like, you know, just look out for a sister. And it's Black History Month. It's like you have to you know, the Sydney's but they said you every second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know.
Speaker 3: I mean all these changes have been made and like yes, I'm like, oh yeah, I'm doing it. I'm like being positive, but I'm also like, oh my god, all my friends are younger than me, and like it's not my job to feel like, oh people should look up to me, but I just feel.
Speaker 1: Like where I am right now in my age, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I wish I was like a little bit more settled or a lot more settled, and just not as immature as I am. Because I am immature. I think that's why people have a hard time when they hear my age. You're like what, because I don't it don't line up, you don't look at you don't active.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing lines up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know I read something one of these like you know, live Love Laugh posts or something on Instagram. But the post essentially said there's no timeline or there's no time limits on life. Like you, there's no age where you're supposed to have everything figured out. There's no age we're supposed to buy a house or have a baby or whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, before you're fifty.
Speaker 1: Obviously you should have a baby because you know them eggs is who But you know, you do things at your own pace. Friend, And it's again, it's twenty twenty. So it's so easy to compare what we got with what other people have because we see it. You see it on social media, you see it on their you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think where I'm at, it's not even about like other people. Because if you're twenty six and you already like sold a book and you're you got an HBO special, that's that's that's not real, like that. You are a specific case and everybody's not doing that.
Speaker 1: So I don't even look.
Speaker 3: At those people because I'm like, this is not that's not the norm, and that's great for you, but I'm not aspiring to do that that's not I would didn't want to be twenty six and have all of it because I didn't live.
Speaker 1: You know, those are the only people I compare myself to. Yeah, ill be like, damn, Jabookie is how old?
Speaker 2: I know he's been like yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: Every time I see him, like little clips of him on Daily Show, I'm like, oh, he's just so amazing. But I don't meet that.
Speaker 3: I don't mean people, but I don't meet that many people that are twenty six that are like him.
Speaker 1: But then I'm like Io and Utra and Jack Nice Jack Knight, and I was like, ah, but I like, again, that's just that's something very specific. I think where I am right now, God forbid. All I think about is like that little blurb of like, oh my god, if something happened to me. They put your fucking accomplishments every time I look at When somebody dies and they're in a newspaper, they give two sentences of what the fuck they've done? Since when are you reading obituaries?
Speaker 4: This is while she's eating the cereal.
Speaker 3: The creator of Ugly Betty just just died. He committed suicide. Like, yeah, but how old was he?
Speaker 2: Forty two?
Speaker 1: But he created Ugly Betty. So wait Ugly Betty the American version or the original Spanish version, because I thought that was a Spanish lady or.
Speaker 3: Some he No, it's just it's just Latin guy. I think he's like the creator, Creator Creator. But anyway, like all I think about is that's that's at the end of the day, that's what they put down, and it's just it's it's so frustrating because that's that's all you see. And it especially in comedy, like when Kevin Barnett died, he had accomplished so much fucking stuff that they like there was pages of what he did.
Speaker 1: And then when.
Speaker 3: Somebody like like our friend or Chris Cotton he passed away, it's just like, yeah, he's got a wife, he's got a wife and a baby on the way, and he was a part of this and that, but not too much and not like I need that. But when you see all that stuff, it does put pressure on you to be like, Okay, what is my legacy?
Speaker 1: When am I leaving?
Speaker 3: When I I when I'm done with this, I just want to have done more.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be like thirty something roommate has a.
Speaker 1: Roommate leaves behind her roommate and six yeah, and her vanity that that costs too much money. Yeah, but sometimes that's what it is. I think ultimately, for me, I want to be happy, like truly happy. And I think in order for me to be happy, a lot of people got to be jealous of me. So you know, you're saying that you don't need all that, but I need all of that or as of right now, in my mind, I need that because it is hard for me to not compare myself to what other people have. Yeah, you know what is my legacy. I'm the mean bald one.
Speaker 2: That's my legacy.
Speaker 1: That was on a show that got canceled after ten weeks like that. I have to do more. But I have to do more because I need to stay busy, and I know that I am capable of more.
Speaker 2: That's why I have to do more because I know I can.
Speaker 1: Me too. These people who are getting these specials and they're twenty six again, like they not better than us, They're just more. They got they procrastinate less, Yeah, motivated.
Speaker 3: I mean Tyler Perry putting out all those scripts that he made in twenty nineteen that were terribly written. I mean he wrote, So it doesn't matter if they're bad, it's just you actually did it and you and then you're like, who's editing this ship?
Speaker 1: Tyler Perry starring Tyler Perry, Tyler scripts.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's insanity like it, but I'm saying like that is the type of motivation in determination a bitch needs.
Speaker 1: Listen. You have the same amount of hours in a day as Tyler Perry. Okay, Beyonce, it's about It's about Tyler Tyler Perry. Okay, Okay, that's it. That's the title of the same amount of that's merch that's going on a key chain, that's going on a wait, we gotta draft this up quick. We need to put that out. We need to have them shirts by in two weeks. That's the name of my memoirs. You have the same amount of hours in a day as Tyler Perry's so good well because like, yeah, well you know, whatever Tyler Perry presents, that could be the title there, that could be the description of the episode. You have the same amount of hours and as Tyler Perry.
Speaker 4: We have initially and drinking tequila.
Speaker 1: But that might be good one too, that people might go to that that's a hot title. That's like, what the fuck is going on there? You know, Dick and I think that my and then they'll listen to the well like what are they gonna get to the second like we're stop talking about this god damn cereal? Yeah? What kind of cereal was it? Yeah? What kind of cereal was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was curious as well.
Speaker 1: Something I don't even funk with, like that honey bunches of oats the box. No, no, no, I know what you mean, but like I know what you can I get.
Speaker 3: I eat like Lucky charms and corn pops like that's that's what I had.
Speaker 2: Snucks, Yeah, stuff like oh smacks, that was the really.
Speaker 1: Portra never had smacks. My mother loved us way too much. Honey bunch of the oats is the best cereal in the world. The blue box with the almonds antie who Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I mean these are all real things, but you know, I just obviously wanted what.
Speaker 2: Do you want your legacy to be?
Speaker 1: Friend? Just be more positive?
Speaker 3: No, I really want to nail this freaking solo show down and and tour and go to Edinburgh with it and yes and fucking win crush. You know, I come to Edinburgh with you for like a week. I like, I literally feel like I can do it. And it's not like I don't have the material. There's stuff that's like funny or an interesting life.
Speaker 1: But so what is the solo show going to be about? The news? I changed it.
Speaker 3: I changed the name. It's called how to Start a Fire and it's.
Speaker 1: At a fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that also how to start a fire.
Speaker 3: And it's so it's little bits of situations that start something bigger than what it was going to be. So like, I didn't grow up with my mom, and that is essentially why I burned my house down. But then I'm going to talk about it, I mean or no, just acting out like because I was, I grew up with your citizens.
Speaker 1: So it's like you a kid, you want to do kitchen, You don't. Not all kids burn their houses down. But I heard friend no, Wow, Okay, so I think everything leading facts fox, everything leading up to the fire or like like that, plus yeah other yeah, other little fires. Okay. It's gonna be an hour long thing. Yeah, and you're gonna run in a couple of times before you try to How do you submit for Edinburgh? You gotta tape it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta tape it and submit it.
Speaker 3: But also there's the booker of like Live Nation and stuff that like goes out and like looks for people who have these hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, well who the booker for Live Nation. Let's google that.
Speaker 3: No, she saw me last year and so and she had reached out to Brandon about it. So hopefully we can come back. But that was about death of a bottle girl. So and uh I need that because it's just like I don't want to I don't want to talk about that stuff no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah we've grown, Yeah, that's we are anymore. No, but yeah, so we'll see. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, just be positive, you know, just speaking into an existence and.
Speaker 1: Well that's what okay, but you you say that in that tone and speaking stuff into existence is is kind of real sometimes, you know, like no yes.
Speaker 2: And none of what I'm saying it is, yeah, you're no yes.
Speaker 1: Because like the episode of the Patreon and I feel like we should almost release that one episode of the Patreon on the regular podcast because I thought it was really good. It was about me going to just for Last in Montreal whatever twenty seventeen, and I was talking about it like I got it. Remember, Yeah, I was like, I'm not gonna be available that day. I'm gonna be in Montreal. And then I got it and it was like, oh, I never talk like that. I never speak things into existence, and then it happened. So I don't know, friend, maybe he keeps speaking positively, Andrew Is, there's stuff that you want to speak into existence.
Speaker 4: I just want to be able to do more, but do more. What I like being in front of people. I'm around comedians all the time. Obviously you want to be a comedian. No, I but I like I like trivia. I like that's fun for me, like competition and watching people when they're competing for something. And yeah, maybe you should.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should write some type of trivia show or competition.
Speaker 2: I have and pitch it to a network.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, maybe for the Stars event the first week of February Oscars Trivia Coco Downtown.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've been to Poco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's cute. Yeah it's nice too.
Speaker 4: It'll be downstairs, right, Yeah, I've done it before there. And if they do it upstairs or downstairs, upstairs and downstairs, maybe they.
Speaker 1: Got colum are you there? I feel like they got kind.
Speaker 4: Of like Spanish fit. I feel like column are Spanish.
Speaker 1: The word feels Spanish.
Speaker 2: Calm is like, isn't it Mediterranean?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, you ask this dumb and dumber, two stupid dogs. That is us, that is us. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if you made it this far to the damn podcast, because we did.
Speaker 1: We did drag that on.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just what it is.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 3: I mean, sometimes you listen to podcasts and it's all like structured and they're talking about pop culture, and then it's us giving.
Speaker 2: You real ship, giving you what's in our life for real.
Speaker 1: Tea behind the weave curtains, Yes, behind the Brazilian Remy curtains by Maven Hair? Thank you shut up? Were remy hair? Is that a thing? Probably? I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: I think that's, Uh, that's important because you you listen to podcasts and you think you're friends with that person or you know them, and but you're just getting a version of them. You don't know what really is going on because they're giving you a caricature of who they are.
Speaker 2: Because that's like, that's how you get fans.
Speaker 3: But I do appreciate us because from from jump, we have been very honest, and we're not trying to make any caricterture of ourselves is just just what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, also, you know, some our friends made two hundred and fifty thousand dollars podcast.
Speaker 3: I was, I'm gonna send you the episode. I mean, she's coming on the podcast anyway, but you got to listen to it before we interview her, because it's fucking amazing. It is probably the best episode I've ever heard of a podcast. Yes, she gives you everything anything that you need to like succeed in a podcast. I'm like, you need to listen to it, and then we need to get together and like ready breaks, Okay, dollars Ford podcast. We've been we've been doing what this, yeah, which is great, but yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, but the subject matter was different. And she said when they went on tour, they paid the venues, They paid the venues, and then they do the show and then they gave the money back, So they were they were putting their money into themselves and and actually tripled, quadrupled.
Speaker 1: What do you mean they paid the venues because they didn't just sell tickets.
Speaker 3: There, they didn't have agents or anything like that, so they were they were picking up the phone, doing the emails and reaching out.
Speaker 1: Good for them. Yeah, it literally it couldn't happen to two better girls from the Bronx.
Speaker 3: Yes, it made me flip. I message her and I said, you know everything I said about your nails. I was kidding, no, but I messed her. I was like, this is so inspiring. And you know, some people like hold back information and they don't want to be helpful, but she was like.
Speaker 1: So help Like she's helpful, but she's making money. She's like, I'm not worried about y'all all stealing my money. My money is gonna get it's gonna be here regardless of you guys. We're talking about our friends at Horrible Decisions podcasts. Shout out to those hosts. They are fucking fantastic, horrible yea horribles.
Speaker 3: You should listen to the podcast. I don't know what y'all do, but y'all should definitely listen. It's they're great.
Speaker 1: We did an episode. I don't know, I feel like, you know, it's hard to be that open. Uh. They you know, they be talking about who they banging and how they bang them. And our most listened episode last year was Ibrahu.
Speaker 2: So y'all are some nosey ass.
Speaker 1: But that's what that's what they are.
Speaker 2: I mean, they they waiting, they waiting for me.
Speaker 1: They like Sydney Sidney, I also am waiting for They DM me frequently like Sydney, Okay, what's good? What's what's going on?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, calm down, like I'm not Sydney.
Speaker 1: You need to spill the tea. I'm trying to get my mental together. I'm we don't care about your mental right now. Tell us what the cat doing so we can make a quarter million doubts.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, if y'all just keep going to the Patreon, I'll have enough money to spread my cat real thin. I'll be able to go on trips and be like, ah, that's good, you know, going up put your pussy on some brioch toast and tell people what's happening with it? Please let us know what also merch? You know, I'm ready for you know, pussy excursions?
Speaker 1: Are you not? Really? But I mean I just want to pretend.
Speaker 3: I literally I'll go on trips and see other people do stuff and I'll be like I did that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: You were to take other people's storiesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I was doing Uberpool, When I was doing Uberpool stories, there was like, yeah, a lot of stuff had happened to me. But there was also times I was talking to people and drivers and they would tell me stuff and I would write that shit down.
Speaker 1: I'm like, ah, that happened to me. Due erasure. God bless if you're erasing other people. Those are real people and you're stealing their stories, They're fantastic. I don't know. I'm gonna keep that's an American way. I'm gonna keep sitting on people's faces and then maybe I'll tell you guys about it. But you know, because it's a lot. It's a lot to be putting all of my sexual congress out there because some of these hoes be listening to what I do. And uh, and these hoes, I mean, the people that I'm sleeping with, the they're loyal, No they're not. But also like maybe I want to run for senator someday, you know, like I really marine maybe.
Speaker 4: Sidney Andrew, No, not say what you said earlier about like you just saying whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also I can say whatever and they're run for senate and for Senate. But that's what I'm saying. I say what I want, are you guys? You guys are missing the word want. There. I can say whatever I want, right, you can, but I don't want to say I'm not gonna say it because I might run for the Senate. Okay, Andrew, I see that you're not. You're not gonna be donating to the campaign. Sis. Well if they pull up episodes from what two years ago? What did I said?
Speaker 2: Two years Okay?
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: I want. I want us to do one weekend where we go over a couple of episodes and just like pick a date and be like boom, let's listen and be like, wow, that was problematic. Everything that we say is not problem I think you just like saying the word problematic.
Speaker 4: I know that. When I started working for you and you immediately assigned gay intern to me, I was like.
Speaker 1: I was like tall gay producer intern.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and like I was like annoyed by. I was like because I didn't understand you guys yet. And I was like they're calling me identifying me like gay, that's it. That's and then also intern, which I'm.
Speaker 3: Not wait, wit, hold on, you just erased the other we said producer tall, sexy.
Speaker 2: No, but producer was added.
Speaker 4: After after I said I am not.
Speaker 1: Because Andrew, I don't know you was getting paid. I was like, you're doing this for credits.
Speaker 4: You not in school. But still get this.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you weren't in school. You got this young ass baby face, you know, beige people age like Sydney finished the sentence like Steve Steve Bush. So I didn't know how old you were, but you are quite young, so I young. I called you an intern because I didn't think that you were getting paid. I mean, you work here, so we called you sexy hot.
Speaker 3: There was like so many other things on top of it, said I was so offended.
Speaker 4: I wasn't offended. I was just like, Okay, I don't really know what they they're you know how they're He was like, how dare he how they're saying it? Yeah, but honestly, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Mek you tall gay producer intern is will put you on the map with the podcast, So.
Speaker 4: You I know that's like.
Speaker 1: To be thinking me, but I'm not gonna wait for that. But yeah, because the Lost Culture reasons were called Joe Joe, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not h I A.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Disrespect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm glad you got that off your chest. But the EXPRESSI date for you being angry about that past.
Speaker 4: I understand and thought it was relevant to bring up.
Speaker 1: But you feel better about it now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you guys can call me whatever.
Speaker 1: We'll call you by your name, thank you.
Speaker 4: Prob by my name.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, Happy New Year, Happy birthday, Andrew.
Speaker 4: Wins your birthday, Well, happy birthday.
Speaker 1: But lated you know, I hope that everybody in this room, maybe not this year, but in the very near future, you know, our legacies start to really pop off this year. That's that's what I hope.
Speaker 4: You both already have a great legacy. I am like so proud to say that I work with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Andrew, Okay, before we go, heard that some podcast listeners have recognized your voice in the streets recently.
Speaker 4: So crazy. I was talking to my friend on the phone. I always talk so loudly on the phone on the street.
Speaker 3: That's crazy because you have such a like WBLS sexy, quiet storm gay voice.
Speaker 2: Here you talked loudly to your friends on the phone, yea.
Speaker 4: Like everyone could hear everything, and you're.
Speaker 1: A black woman at the movies. Okay, so you're on the phone with your friend and what happened?
Speaker 4: And someone sees me walking into my apartment and they're like, are you Andrew? It was Near's Eve and I was like yeah, and they're like, oh, we listen to the podcast, so they didn't even know what I looked like, which I thought was like the funniest part Psycho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they heard fucking crazy and we love it for it.
Speaker 2: Ah, keep that same energy.
Speaker 1: In twenty two, we were walking into your apartment and somebody was like, are you Andrew?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was like this is the window, Like this is the window that I saw. I'm getting fucked wow l lol.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, y'all need to just do that more. Y'all need to go up to people who Sidney Marie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the podcast people recognize our faces though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like people have recognized me on the subway and they won't say anything to me, but I'll get home and I'll have a message.
Speaker 2: In my Instagram and they'll be like, oh, so you're on the B train.
Speaker 1: You did not look happy, Yeah, big fan, And I'd be like, that's just my face mm hm, anyway, I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a great way to end the decade for me.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 1: Please continue to recognize Andrew's voice and stopping him on the street and telling him what you do, what you do like about him. Don't tell me what you don't like about him. You could send that to us a message.
Speaker 3: And I got on iTunes and people were messaging and saying we bullied them into putting comments and reviewing.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: If you feel like you're getting bullied, get to iTunes, keep rating, and I see, I see your comments. I see the rates they're going up. I want to make sure that we have a thousand reviews in a few oh my god, few weeks.
Speaker 1: Speaking of joining and adding, so you know a but like twenty people will subscribe to the patreon Yeah and the last yea the paton is.
Speaker 2: So I sent a message to.
Speaker 1: Like eighteen people, just thanking them for like joining or whatever. Whatever. Oh wow, And this woman sent me a message she said, I know, I know it took me a while, but I can say I'm glad I finally did. I'm a serial podcast listener and I heard you too on Horrible decision. Oh look at that, And you two have been all I listened to since I'm a forty six year old recent empty nester that lives in Dallas, Okay, and your podcast has literally helped me get through some quiet, boring ass evenings at home by myself while I attempt to figure out who the fuck I am now that I'm no longer just a single mom raising a star athlete and an amazing daughter. So she's bragging about, you know, scholarship athletes. Okay, work, work work. Because of Marie, I cut my massive head of hair, and because of Sydney I started looking for.
Speaker 2: A therapist betterhelp dot com.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate your transparency and honesty and how mean you are, because I too am a mean ass little beach and I'm so glad I've found your tribe. If you ever do a live show in Dallas, I will definitely have my oldest sexy hoe ass in the audience. Found a great podcast, now, I could now if I could just find some good dick from Danny June. Anyway, Thanks day, Daday, love it so sweet? You didn't want it? Was that on Patreon Patreon. Wow, it's not a review, friend, that's a message goodness, great message love in Dallas. So, uh yeah, you're missing out on the Patreons. It's just us, I mean saying names. I mean, it's been wild, truly beautiful. The last episode we talked about, oh my god less episode was so good, but the audio was messed up.
Speaker 2: So that's what happens when you have to do stuff on your own, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I may or may not have talked about it three someone there, but you gotta go to the Patreon and listen to the whoa wow, wow, wow wow boomsho. Cute for you, Marie, cute for you, cute for us, cut for you, I mean the people in three. Yeah, anyway, thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 2: I hope you made it all the way to the end. I hope so too.
Speaker 1: You know, this was the lead at the end. You only did thirty minutes of that. You know it wasn't that bad, You're I mean, I'm sure people, I'm sure it was like a boxing match because they were like, they gonna fight. It's getting tense. What's up?
Speaker 2: They're like, no, I'm gonna say what. I didn't feel like I was tense. I feel like, you know, maybe it was.
Speaker 1: A little this is like your natural state shot. I heard, I receive that, and I see you, and I do not care. You are seeing, you are heard, and you are ignored. Left one red hun Yeah. We love you guys so much. Thanks for.
Speaker 6: This has been a Forever Dog production executive produced by Brett Baham, Joe Silio, and Alex Ramsey. For more original podcasts, please visit Foreverdog Podcasts dot com and subscribe to our shows on Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
Speaker 4: Or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: Keep up with the latest Forever Dog news by following us on Twitter and Instagram at Forever Dog Team, and liking out page on Facebook.