Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of No pun in Trended. Ah so to speak.
Speaker 2: Of Nick semper Tyrannus.
Speaker 1: The discord talking about my favorite type of humor when people say no pun intended when it was clearly thought out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dead in the middle of little Italy Little did we know that we riddled some middleman who didn't do dittly the pun is intended?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: Wow, there you go deep cover.
Speaker 1: Do you want to share your shall we thing with the people or are you gonna copyright there?
Speaker 2: That's fine, it's fine, Jack, Those are those are just memories for us behind the mics before before the light had no we were just about to record and sometimes like we get on tangents and I just said, shall we's there? And shall we never leave? In my mind? Now you say it to your kids and like what.
Speaker 1: Shall we shall wear? It's just the accent it would take to pronounce Charlie's theren that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very adorable? Shall we' theven? How shall we stail in? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: All right? Where are we? What is this?
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien. That's mister Miles great Marbs. This is the trending episode where we tell you what is trending on this Tuesday, May thirteenth, and I'll tell you one thing that's frickin' trending.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: We're gonna top and tail this episode.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And there's a theme to these stories, a shared theme to the story at the beginning in the end, and I'm not gonna tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to figure it out. Figure it out.
Speaker 1: Story number one, RB's is testing a menu item that is made from steak. Steak made from steak, made from steak? Is it steak made from steak? I'll tell you one thing there there it was steak at one point.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, that's fine. But is it said?
Speaker 1: I was saying before we serve recording that I'm not generally a fan of fried steak like chicken fried staed right.
Speaker 2: I just looks like this is real steak though in the pictures is there's no fry to it? No, this is a straight up steak, just a little snakes that it looks like it looks like they're like, baby, let me cut up your meat.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, that actually looks pretty good. All right, never mind, Glad I didn't just spend a bunch of time talking about fried steak.
Speaker 2: Cheah. I mean, I'm on board, I'm back. I'm yeah, I mean, I'm I'm curious. It's not how you look. It's hard to mass cook steak. I'm like that.
Speaker 1: So I'm but if anybody can, it's Army's. They've got the meats. They do have the meats.
Speaker 2: I had up man, I I was sick of beef and cheddars. But when I took that road trip recently over Easter, ye up up up the five. Her Majesty loves Arbi's because she used to work by the one on sunset when it was still open, and she's like, their Halapenio poppers are so good and they're blow chicken sliders. I had both. I'm like, these are the most normal fast food. I thought they were different. I'm like, Jack in the boxes are better than this one, and the Buffalo sider is so pedestrian. I'm like, you gotta eat the fucking beef and chats like no disgust. Yeah. Got.
Speaker 1: There's something about like being like when you're really hungry in your like twenties or something like that first job hunger that like never quite leaves you just like imprints on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what were you eating? I had?
Speaker 1: So I worked my first, very first job in high school was as a bus boy at an Italian restaurant, okay, and I just remember looking at the food as I was like busting people's table, being like, God, damn it, I want to eat every bite that this person left on the table. I was so hungry and so I I think that at least partially has something to do with how much I love Italian food. In the cart, you ever eat the leavings, Yeah, I definitely take the leaving. I don't think I did it at that job because I was like, I was a little scared, you know, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to get kicked out for the leavings just.
Speaker 2: By part of the plate. Dude, this this mashed potato scoop is immaculate. I'm sorry it didn't touch anything.
Speaker 1: But then uh my next like waiting job, I I would just eat the ship out of some fries man, Yeah, fries, Like that's that's his own food group.
Speaker 2: I start on that Gordon Ramsay show, Hell's Kitchen, that competition show, and like all these all the food that comes at, Like you know, there's like a fake restaurant where people eat at. We would all we would fucking because they would also it's like a produced show, so they would put out like extra food just for like the visuals of the show, and some so the server. Some would just take it straight to the back and just put it on this table because it was just for the camera. And we would all fucking fight over these fucking pints of food, like truly, like that's not even fair. The last time there was duck last night, you got the first fucking bite.
Speaker 1: And they're like trying to bite each other like dogs when the food gets put out for both of them at once.
Speaker 2: We look like like Pirates of the Caribbean animatronics. Like people just absolutely lost it over like scraps of food.
Speaker 1: You have a saber in one hand waving it.
Speaker 2: Just like biting it, like holding like a fucking club that has a flame on the end. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Let's let's check in with the Democrats. A couple of stories break them through the big one. I'd say, there's a new book coming out about what's it called Original Sin. Yeah, it's got on the cover it's Joe Biden with his hands over his eyes.
Speaker 2: Yep. Just gonna say.
Speaker 1: If I'm ever in a moody photo shoot and they're like, all right between like do a serious one and now a fun one, They're like, and do one with your hands over your eyes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, couldn't be me. I'm not gonna use this on a book about how I'm senile, aren't you. No, You're a good photo to have floating out there on the off chance that you ruin the future of the country through uh just insane hubris. I'm curious if that's photoshopped or that's a genuine photo of Biden actually covering his face, you know what I mean, because it's framed in a way that you could just cleverly get another mummy's hands to be pretend Biden hands. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say, well, Brian the editor put in the chat that they were just like, all right, mister president played peekaboo.
Speaker 2: That's how they got his mental acuity test. Mister president. Hey, where'd you go? Man, I'm not calling for it this time. Okay, well, then cover your mister president. It was just okay, but supposedly pikaboo Pikaboo. That song's really had.
Speaker 1: That was the very first song off that album that we were like, God, we love that song. And now it's like it's on the NBA Playoffs. It's like in every commercial. Very surprised by how mainstream.
Speaker 2: Just the opening of that, I mean, does feel like something where Joe Biden is like, what they talk about, they talk about, what they talk about, what they talk on they talk about nothing. Yeah, that was his internal monologue. Drop what they talk about? They how do they ghet these boogers on my shirt eighty years old? Like? What the fuck?
Speaker 1: So this is this is a book where they interviewed Democratic strategists and uh, you know, people behind both the Biden and Harris campaign, and they are just taking this opportunity to fucking throw his ass under the bus. One prominent Democratic strategist who publicly defended Biden claimed that he quote stole an election from the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: He stole it from the American people.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Big Tim Robinson and a hot dog suit energy coming from a Democratic strategist there who publicly like, who's defending him? When weed to know that he couldn't no.
Speaker 2: No, we should get a name. So these people are fucking never fucking listened to, Like, this is the exact shit that irritates me to the point of that's like such a light word, irritates fucking I'm using my shit over the fact that these people are so opportunistic to take the fucking consultant money and be like yeah, yeah, yeah, this is it, this is gonna work, there's gonna work. And then afterwards like he fucked us, he stole an election from the Democratic Party and the people, and yeah, I was raw ring it in public and saying everything was okay, we're fine.
Speaker 1: Everybody needs to stop with the bed wedding. Remember that, right, Oh my god, oh man, the crooked guys.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got to stop with the bed wedding. The bed wedding is coming from inside the presidential bedroom. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, in this case, there is literal bed wedding happening inside his inner circle.
Speaker 2: Also, this one is getting a lot of headlines.
Speaker 1: His inner circle had a secret plan to transfer him to a wheelchair if he was re elected.
Speaker 2: If as like a treat. You know, you can have a wheelchair as a treat if you defeat Donald Trump in the general election. Because they want to do it.
Speaker 1: Buff, Like they were like, the responsible thing to do would be put this motherfucker in a wheelchair. Now, Like you guys think it's nerve racking to watch him try to finish a sentence, how about just trying to like go down some stage. Yeah, yeah, walk on a stage, Like that's what we should be worried, Like that's the level of concern we have. But unfortunately, like that's not gonna win the election. And so they were like, we're gonna hold off and just you know, like it sounds like it went way better than it could have, Like the way like their ability to hide this went way better because he didn't like fall over a ton of times in public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I mean, the best job for them, even though most of us were watching him and going, get this guy the fuck out of here. Are you serious, don't run him, do not run him? And yeah, here we are now, and they're like, actually, we knew he was. He was cooked from the get go. You're like, it didn't.
Speaker 1: Pluff, who worked on Harris's campaign, was quoted as saying that the campaign was a fucking nightmare because Biden totally fucked us. Wow, they're talking tough now that there's absolutely nothing to be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Every I hate this revision as shit, like everyone if everyone saw it, because everyone's like, we knew how bad it was. Well, guess what. You're also the people who were fucking standing idly by, and now afterwards you're like, they fucked Biden really fucked us. Yeah you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't make it sound this obvious, like he literally says in the book and it's all Biden Pluff ads, he totally fucked us.
Speaker 2: It's all his fault. It's like, what, No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, David Pluff. Your two thousand and eight Obama fucking playbook does not work. In twenty twenty four, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I just got a New York Times like news update push notification where they were like we talked to nineteen ninety two Democratic strategists to see how the Democrats can fix I was like, for real, like that, what?
Speaker 2: How? How is that still what you're doing. That's like being like we went back in time to ask a cave person how we can tackle the AI problem right exactly?
Speaker 1: How the senior aide who quote quit the White House because they did not think Biden should run. Told Taper and Thompson that we attempted to shield him from his own staff. So many people we didn't. So many people didn't realize the extent of the decline beginning in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: God, so they even his own staff didn't realize it. This is so again irritating. I might add to read all of this stuff because you couple that with everything we're seeing now. Like Amy Klobachar recently went on NBC and said this quote, you know, everything we look at in a rear view mirror after you lose an election. Yes, we would have been served better by a primary, but we are where we are. I'm not interested in going backwards in time. I'm interested in going forward, and I'm interested in I'm focused on helping the American people.
Speaker 1: I'm interested in going forward and doing that shit.
Speaker 2: All again, all over again.
Speaker 1: I will keep my mouth shut just based on whatever the DNC is doing, it's gonna be Boodha Judge AOC.
Speaker 2: I feel like, right, it's like that's who's going to come down to. They love Buddha Jedge. I think there's Pritzker and Newsom are definitely also people that I think they're also thinking about too, because here's the other because we're all we talk about, right is in the aftermath of this terrible fucking election loss. It's like Democrats need to fucking wake the fuck up. The problem is the status quo is killing people. The first person to reach the we're not the status quo anymore finish line is going to do much better in the next election. And for them, obviously that's impossible because they're so entrenched in their ideology. But that's the state of things. And then like you have like David Hog right, like we just found out that the DNC is about to make a vote, take a vote to potentially strip him of his vice chair position and make it because he's openly being like we need some new blood still, Okay, so there's a little bit of contention here. Another person, Malcolm Kenyato, is also a vice chair who would also have to he's in the same position as David Hogg. Apparently there was some kind of procedural error that they're saying would like necessitate another election or vote on this has publicly said that David Hogg is making this story about him and that the complaint about his position came well before or he even announced this like pack that he was launching to primary Democratic incumbents, but the timing is odd either way, given the DNC's propensity to purge people that rock the vote. Yeah, so it's like everything's like, oh, you guys are going right back to fucking falling right back into the bullshit that got you here in the first place. Like this these Biden book quotes are just like it's not us. It was fucking Biden. It's not us, it's all Biden or the other ones, Like it's all the people who cared about Gaza. It's their fault. It's like, that's no democracy's work, Like you don't you're you're you're you're supposed to court a vote and if you don't get them, that means you didn't court a sufficient vote to win. That's like you can't have a business. Or you sell rotten meat and you're like, well it went down because no one wants to eat rotten meat.
Speaker 1: I mean, the thought for them to say is he fucked us because Harris was not able to run away from him, like she felt like she had to like back all of his policies, like that's the only way that I could see him fucking them because like did he force Harris to run as like a Cheney endorsed GOP candidate.
Speaker 2: Basically he talked.
Speaker 1: More about like her gun than she did about you know, I don't know Biden's support of Israeli genocide like that.
Speaker 2: I mean a little bit. I'll talk about a little bit in that I talk about how I don't want.
Speaker 1: To talk to the activists, right exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and then like Jasmine Crockett to your point about like which white guy is it gonna be? This is what she said recently, like on like a serious XM appearance, you did quote it is this fear that the people within the party, within the part primary system will have about voting for a woman, because every time we voted for a woman we've lost so far. I think that that's natural, that's a natural fear because we just want to win. So there's a lot of people that are like, you know what, like let's go find the safest white boy we can find. I mean, I'm just saying major So she said, then major donors are excited about quote one specific candidate quote. I had a donor on the phone with me telling me that all the donors are lining up behind that candidate, so I can tell and I tell you it's not a black person nor a woman. So they have quote unquote, they have chosen. She added. When I say they, it's the same donors that most likely had their opinions about Joe Biden and moved, so like that would be the they that I would talk about in this instance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's Budhaje because first of all, she didn't say straight white man, and second of all, I just I feel like Buddhaja allows them to be like and he look at him. He has these good social media eclips where he's like owning people on their podcast.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it the High Hopes song that his campaign was playing High High Hopes for Hopes And You're like, I don't know, man, that's not the energy in America right now. It's like so sanitized.
Speaker 1: And I feel like he's coming back with like dark bodhajege where he's like got like three days growth of beard and he's just like coming on being like, you know, I feel like for how scared the Democrats are of like gay people and fighting for gay people's rights that they would almost be like it can't be booted, Like we don't even you know what they're gonna They're gonna hammer us on the fact that he's gay. It was like, I feel like that's the kind of regressive thinking the DNC would have given.
Speaker 2: They're like sure the Goddess would divey them, ad, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: They wanted to be got by the day of them AD Like they were just waiting for that so that they.
Speaker 2: Could throw and throw another group of people under the bus rather than your inability to court the votes that were there.
Speaker 1: That fucks with our ability to think triangulation is a good idea, and so we're gonna we're gonna claim that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Republican set match are also just as much like in quote unquote disarray, because like you look at this budget bill they just put out. They're gonna have to make eight hundred and eighty billion dollars and cuts to medicaid, and yeah, that's a lot. Josh Holly, Senator Josh Holly, the fucking biggest coward on the Capitol. He's even like, I don't know, this isn't a good look for us. This is like political suicide. Fucking with something like medicaid. I don't know if y'all are actually understanding this. So they're just in a weird place. You're like, but we have to feed the rich hogs their tax cuts? Yeah, yeah, how do we do it? Didn't? Uh?
Speaker 1: The FBI guy, Trump's FBI guy just like show up and like not have his budget.
Speaker 2: Cash, Like yeah, a budget beating. He is like patting his He's like shit and there, yeah, and I remember that. The vice chair, the co chair or the ranking member on that community is like, you need to have this legally, buddy, what are you doing? And he I mean credit him. He's such a bullshitter that, you know, he seamlessly found some really tired excuse to be like working with our agency partners, and we are finalizing that and I will bring that and I will. She's like, are you violating the law right now because legally you need to have come with it like a pot luck and I'm working with my agency.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about what Trump's up to, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back. What's he up to? Trying to overthrow the Postal Service? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, there's that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, this is old new Like during during the first administration, he kept talking about how we should privatize the US Postal Service and then you know, earlier this week, David Steiner was appointed as the next Postmaster General and CEO of the US Postal Service. And that appointment was fish shat Yeah, fishier than JM. Rope Captain Highliner's body. Odor I had to look into who Captain Highliner was. He's the guy from like the fish sticks ads say fish here. Then last night's NBA Draft lottery, Oh you want to?
Speaker 2: I mean, we can't say it on the other should you know what I mean? You know that straight off the docks.
Speaker 1: That's generally not an NBA conspiracy theorist, but that should is. I mean a Lakers year after the Lakers get a suspiciously good player traded to them, that team that trades the really good player gets the number one pick.
Speaker 2: I mean, but at least our trade for a d wasn't as janky as the one for a Luk. Yeah, you gave up a lot, Yeah, we gave up a lot. Yeah, but it is ironic. It's like you give us a dynastic like a fucking generational talent in the NBA, and we will respond with one first first pick for you.
Speaker 1: One number one pick, which, like in retrospect, the only thing that if you assume that that number one pick was involved in the trade, it's the only way the trade now makes sense, right, Like if you're just like, okay, Luca for Anthony Davis and Cooper Flag, then yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you're like, oh, yeah, we can work with that.
Speaker 1: Anyways, for non NBA fans probably don't give a shit about this, but it is very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yet, said Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart. That's right, Josh Hart. Josh Hart, look at you now, Hey, worked out for you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the Knicks and sorry to Celtics fans and of course Jason Tatum. You really hate to see that happen, you do.
Speaker 2: There's another headline a lot. There's a few more aids. Two AIDS have now quit John Fetterman's office because it seems like it's getting worse and worse.
Speaker 1: Now. It really feels like it's a thing where like people should be like we're just say for safety, people should be get away from that.
Speaker 2: I mean the fact that so much of like the center left media is openly questioning where he's at, shows that like the machine is already it's moving against him.
Speaker 1: But just back to the post office because that's not going to exist pretty soon. Steiner is a member of the FedEx Board of Directors.
Speaker 2: He knows he gets it right.
Speaker 1: It's so the selection is very you know, questionable, what would have been very questionable. And then they also announced his selection without doing the vote publicly like you're supposed to. They were just like and it's Steiner's a guy, So Steiner, which makes sense because Trump was threatening to fire everybody on that board if he didn't get elected the board of governor. So it's I don't know what this looks. I guess it's just like the post office no longer exists. I hadn't realized, but of course it makes sense that like fed X up, like all the for profit delivery services have like from day one, been like we just got to take the post office out there. It's so frustrating to us that they can that they will just do what we do but for free, Like this is terrible.
Speaker 2: We need to make people pay for this shit. It's like one of the few things that we have that's good in this country is our postal service. Like fucking hell man, it's and now Trump's in uh Saudi Arabia now just sundowning and riad in front of Mohammed ben Salmon. Yeah, just yeah, it's right now. I just want to play a clip of this. He's he's rambling right now, like in this speech.
Speaker 3: And we have great partners in the world, but we have none stronger and no nobody like the gentleman that's right before me. He's your greatest representative, greatest representative.
Speaker 2: MBS. Yeah, uh, mister fucking disappear. The fucking journalists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they feel like that's a real half assed compliment, by the way.
Speaker 3: Kind of I didn't like him, I'd get out of here so fast.
Speaker 2: Wow, know that, don't you?
Speaker 3: He knows me well, I do. I like him a lot. I like him too much.
Speaker 1: That's why we give so much. You know, too much? I like you too much?
Speaker 2: What does that even? Was that a reference to the murder? And if I didn't like him, I'd get out of here quickly? No, I think here, yeah, here because I like this guy. Otherwise, fuck you guys. And like Elon's behind him in like a k hole completely lost there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was He's back and it's good they got back together.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's he probably also needs to be like behind MBS. Yeah, ok, yeah, yeah, like he's he's also he's i think, courting that Gulf State money for you know, his failing audiences. So she said, can I go with you on that trip on your money begging trip dead? Can I come? Yeah? Just can you go on your own jet though? Please? So yeah, that's everything's happening right now.
Speaker 1: And finally, the last story the book and a new mission impossible popcorn bucket that requires a two part key for you to open it.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, dude, a two part key this one?
Speaker 1: I yeah, So I thought it was like one of those double like when they want to launch a nuclear weapon, they have like the two keys that turn at once like that you have to Unfortunately, this is just a key that you put together, like a very easy puzzle for babies, and then you put the key in to get your popcorn. The popcorn itself looks like it's inside.
Speaker 2: Of like a Coleman camping lantern.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I don't know how this maybe it might maybe it ties in it's surprisingly unfuckable.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I mean unless you're you have some kind of plus sign shaped anatomy where the key hole goes.
Speaker 1: But right right, no, this is not Yeah, yeah, I mean like metaphorically, maybe key in lock is there, Like, that's plenty. That's plenty for people to talk about. Fucking we be to wrap what KiB to lock.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, I'm more I'm more upset by the actual amount of popcorn this thing holds. I think it's like about the capacity of a small popcorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a massive like you know, just so much plastic around a very small amount of popcorn. Yeah, this is which, this is bad. This isn't l sorry for unfortunately, it's for me dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I am I I hear this movie is good. I still haven't watched the last one. I really need to watch it and then go see sure you haven't, because I was thinking that I haven't, but I remember that. I think like for the last six flights I've had, I've been watching it piecemeal.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I haven't watched like I have started the first like one minute and haven't even been able to get myself because it just feels so much like one of those things you see in theaters. I just always would find myself going to see these in theaters and just missane.
Speaker 2: It's like sanctified and you're like, I can't kind of, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just like weird to watch a Mission Impossible movie that like has famous stunts in it, like on your phone.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But having the second one come out will hopefully push me when I am going to see Friendship this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, Well, I'll look forward to that. Taking your kids, yeah, exactly, they're gonna love it. All right.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will.
Speaker 2: Talk to you out tomorrow. The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wayne, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J.
Speaker 1: M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies.