Speaker 1: We should start right off because I have some ideas.
Speaker 2: Got ahead, Johnny.
Speaker 1: Got ahead, Johnny, because you guys have to grind this.
Speaker 3: And I'm so excited that some things occurred to me while I was watching this thing.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: I love it when you come on, you know why, because you come prepared. You're like, you're as prepared as Donald and I You're like, you're wound up.
Speaker 3: Well, I am a big look going back in and watching this, first of all, it's hard not to feel really proud of it. Yeah, and this one I thought deserved some backdrop because the one Last Week one fifteen is a spectacular episode.
Speaker 1: Zach.
Speaker 3: You're particularly great in that episode with Sarah and then the monologues with the shrink, let the whole ensemble just shine. And I busted my ass on those monologues because the writing was astonished.
Speaker 2: And you notice there's no cuts. I mean, we were clearly all.
Speaker 4: Told that they would be wonders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were, especially since Donald knew it, so we were clearly all that there would be no cuts.
Speaker 3: But what I thought was really interesting and maybe interesting for people listening is a little bit of context. And what I mean is because in this episode, it became clear to me just how gelled the ensemble is. Whether it's Kenny and Judy, you and me, Zachi Donald and Sarah, the thing is just water tight. And the reason is because I think now, as we discussed.
Speaker 1: Already, nine to eleven had already occurred.
Speaker 3: We're round about the middle of December here, and so what happened in New York, which I'll circle this back, was the New York Yankees lost the World Series in seven games to the Arizona Diamondbacks. And the only reason that's relevant is because they lost. There was no tick or tape parade in New York City, so we were invited to the Thanksgiving Parade in New York City. And it was the first taste of real rock Star for all of us because we worked till Wednesday night, till about nine to twenty five, and this was a week or two before this episode, and then we were whisked off to Lax where we occupied the entire front of first class.
Speaker 5: There was only one other person. There was only one other there, that's right, and it was a boy band. It was like uh oh Town or something like that. We shared first class. It was the cast of Scrubs and Otown.
Speaker 4: I remember, it.
Speaker 3: Might as well have been in private plane, it wasn't. But it was first class. It wasn't coach. It was first It wasn't business class. It was first class. And we were going to New York to participate in the Thanksgiving Day parade. Now, remember there had been no mass gatherings allowed in New York since that Tuesday morning in September.
Speaker 1: This just wasn't allowed. The Yankees were supposed to be there, but they weren't.
Speaker 3: So we fly overnight, and you guys can chime in, but we fly overnight, we go, we're deposited at some chapel on the Upper West Side somewhere.
Speaker 5: We didn't even go to the hotel. We just they dropped us off at the freaking parade.
Speaker 2: We were like lying on the on the ground in the chapel to.
Speaker 3: Kind absolutely, And we got sideways on the plane, yeah.
Speaker 2: As you do.
Speaker 3: And and then we got up and Zachie, I think you brought your nephew onto the float. And it was a quasi racist kind of Pocahontas float.
Speaker 2: And they've gotten they've gotten rid of some of those since then, I think, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, here's the scrubs cast and a quasi racist Pocahonta's float on the upper west side in the staging area. And who pulls up behind us but the Wiggles in the big red car. Now, I had gone to Wiggles concerts with my son every time they're in Los Angeles for the last couple of years. I was eating, sleeping, and drinking the Wiggles. So I got off the float and I went back to the big Red car and produced myself to Murray and Jeff and I introduced myself to everybody, and I became friends with the Wiggles, and I am to this day.
Speaker 4: You hang out with the Wiggles still not really.
Speaker 1: But I did a video for them and they became my friends. They're great educating.
Speaker 2: My memory started interrupt one second, Johnny. My memory is that my nephew was a very outspoken kid and not shy at all. And I don't know how old he was, but he was little, and we had to be like nine, dude, no younger or younger younger.
Speaker 1: He was a kid.
Speaker 2: And so Al Roke we're off the flow at one point and Al Roker's interviewing us, and he goes and I'm here with the cast of Scrubs and I've got Johnny ce McGinley and Donald Faiza's going around introducing the whole cast, and my nephew, this is live television. And my nephew goes, what about me? And Al Roker? It's awkward, and Al Roker ignores him and starts so tell us about the show. Interrupts him again, what about me? And finally Al feels bad enough that he's like, oh, I'm sorry, young man, you're right, and what's your name? And then he introduces himself. But I was like, it was my first and.
Speaker 4: He throwing gang signs too, Like, wasn't throw.
Speaker 2: He didn't, he didn't, he didn't know any like real gang signs, but he had seen on TV how how how rappers and whomever throw gang signs. So we're on the float and he's like throwing these like almost gang signs.
Speaker 3: When I when I spoke to Al Roker after after he cut, I said, how, how is this for a turnout? And he said this will be the largest turnout in the history of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. And I said, well, give me an estimate, and he said, there'll be about three and a half million people here. And so every time we went through an intersection, and I'll wrap this story up in a minute, but every time we went down an intersection, you could see it was one hundred to two hundred people deep at every intersection. I've never seen that many people. I never will in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. That was.
Speaker 5: I remember being like, wow, there are so many people here, and we were on the float and every You're right, every time we passed an intersection it looked like it went so deep into the intersection. I remember thinking, how are all of these people? It was like sardines too, Like they were packed together.
Speaker 3: Because nobody had been allowed nobody had been allowed to gather since that Tuesday.
Speaker 2: And another thing I remember is that my nephew was on the float and he I thought, oh, this will be fun for him. He was He was bored in thirty seconds, right, And I was like, oh fuck, I got to take care of this kid for a whole parade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had to. It's all the way from Uptown, all the way to Mason.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he's throwing his gang signs for a while and then he got bored of that. And then there was like an upstairs in the float. I don't know if it was like it was like in Pocahontas's head or something.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it was a multi tiered ship that was a boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even like in the non outside area, there was some spot he found and then he went up there and he found bubble wrap and I was like, okay, fucking bubble wrap will entertain him for a little while. Then he got over the buck. He was stomping on the bubble wrap, and I was like, this is I'm never having kids. This is like the worst. What about my.
Speaker 3: My only point bringing this up, and I'll circle it back, was that. And also remember a couple of weeks earlier, actually about a month earlier, we had been picked up for the back nine and we ran around the hospital where our HUDs cut off, and so that meant you had paychecks until.
Speaker 1: May the first week of run yourself.
Speaker 3: Because in TV you only get paid for episodes produced, and.
Speaker 2: So they just you know, it just let's explain to people who don't know the show was picked up for the first thirteen episodes, and they kind of see how you do in the ratings, and then if you do well enough in the ratings, you get the rest of the order, which which is in business talk is called the back nine, meaning you get nine more episodes.
Speaker 3: And we had been given that news about a month earlier, and we ran around the hospital like we'd won the Stanley Cuppers.
Speaker 1: I remember vivid that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my only point in this is that between getting picked Up and now about fifteen or sixteen episodes into it, and I can see it in this episode, as we'll discuss, but the ensemble is water tight, whether it meant going on a trip together or getting picked up, people are starting to vibe off each other. And it's as clear as day when I was watching it, it's just what Donald and Sarah are doing. As you guys know, I think the camera is an X ray machine and it sees through all the bullshit and.
Speaker 1: What they're doing together, there's zero bullshit. And what Zach is doing at the end with Sarah in that in that on that cot, there's no bullshit.
Speaker 3: It's it's just tight and right, and I just get a chill. It just it really got me.
Speaker 2: You gave me a chill too, because I gotta tell you, I didn't remember in that scene with Sarah what happened. I didn't know if it was going to turn romantic. I didn't know if I cried, I couldn't remember. And I was actually moved by the two of us because nothing happens like I agree, like I agree, like like you like would happen in real life. You know, in the movies, we'd kiss. In the movies, I'd break down and cry, But in real life two friends might just sit there in silence for a minute. And I just thought that was beautifully done.
Speaker 3: I think it's the real privilege of friendship when nothing does happen, so that I don't have to demonstrate to you anything and you don't have to demonstrate ending to me. And real friendship is when stuff is allowed. And it's a tricky verb to settle, and you guys let it settle in front of the lens. And as we'll discuss Will McKenzie, he just let the scene play and the two actors it's really lovely. And on a primetime comedy, it's spectacular.
Speaker 1: It's spectacular.
Speaker 4: Should we start the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But which is that the show? But I think Johnny, because of that beautiful prologue, should should have the honor of counting a Sindo. The song Johnny Fleet stories about show.
Speaker 4: We made about a bunch of tho.
Speaker 6: He's a story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Scrubs.
Speaker 2: So I've been using this Scrubs wiki. Johnny that that gets it is Scrubs.
Speaker 1: I've heard you referenced it. By the way, you guys are killing this podcast. Well, we're having a lot of Scrubs Wiki.
Speaker 2: Scrubs wiki is uh. If you just put in Scrubs wiki into into the Google machine, it brings you up this this thing that I guess multiple fans are one fan has curated. It's on a website called fandom dot com. I guess it's a place where where fans can collect trivia and share stories, and you know, it's a fan site. But someone, and I'm thinking it might be one person, has put a lot of work into this because every episode it has the synopsis, it has recurring themes, it has guest stars, it has the famous quotes, and it has trivia from each episode. And today and I often reference it, and today I went to look at the trivia and the first line of trivia it says, hi Zac exclamation point, glad you're enjoying Scrubs Wiki. Have me on the podcast question mark, have Joel searched for my email. Wow, so I've been discovered by the curator of Scrubs Wiki as a as an avid fan. But I will have Joel seek you out and I and I have to tell you've done a fantastic job because it's very useful. I can find out all sorts of of trivia. Like Kelso mentions Baxter for the very first time in this episode.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of trivia in here.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of interesting stuff. So I think, Yeah, Joel says she's going to track him down, and this fellah knows a lot about Scrubs, so I think it might be fun to have him on. We can, we can try and stump him.
Speaker 3: Well, let me get to you at at at early on at at a minute or two in you and Sarah in the batting cage.
Speaker 2: You Zach, Yeah, why am I? Why is Jad at the at the batting kids?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Well, it's as Donald as Donald knows. No one says you don't even play sports. There's no no one's ever said that in the history of the English language, which is great writing, and you deliver like you really know sports. But you and Sarah in there, you redeem yourself from early on. When you get bricks dropped on your head and you anticipated it, you don't anticipate the beanball in this, and neither does Sarah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I gotta tell you I commit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did. I did not flinch. I was not gonna let that happen again, Johnny.
Speaker 1: From that, From that, it happened again.
Speaker 2: And and it's hard to you know, to anticipate, uh, to not anticipate a softball being thrown at your head.
Speaker 3: Well, you both did it, and as a result, it's it's Charlie Chaplin funny.
Speaker 2: But why is why is j D at the batic gage? He's not even with Turk like maybe one thing, be one thing if he's a good turk like Turk made me come I'm alone at the batting gages.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Neither one of you played sports, neither one of you playing baseball, neither one of you.
Speaker 4: In real life too, I know.
Speaker 5: But why I think Sarah Like in high school, Sarah was like on the shot put team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who was on the shot.
Speaker 2: I've never heard Sarah talk about single sport, have you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Ski?
Speaker 2: She's a good snowboarder, snowboard Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's Canadian. I think that's a rule up there. You got to be able to ski your snowboard. But she yeah, I just didn't understand that bit of writing. Mike Schwartz, we should say he was the writer of this episode, along with as Johnny mentioned, Will McKenzie, who is a concredible director and directed Everybody's a lot of people's favorite episode, the musical episode.
Speaker 1: Will McKenzie is famous on set for the way he says.
Speaker 2: Akido yeah, and and cut yeah do it? Do you remember? Do you remember? Johnny?
Speaker 4: But he also does this so dogs coming into the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. He sums up the scene. He's like, okay, and here comes Donald and he's mad about what Carla just did and action.
Speaker 1: This is and cup.
Speaker 2: I think he's He's directed a zillion sitcoms too. I mean he was, he was, you know, he's a legendary TV director. He I think he's retired, I imagine now, but he is just a legend.
Speaker 4: And a pretty good tennis player.
Speaker 1: Apparently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I heard.
Speaker 2: That's what you heard.
Speaker 4: I heard. Will can make it so you're running around while he's standing in one place.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of directors that when you showed up on set on Monday morning, you saw who it was and you just had a big old smile on your face. And Will McKenzie was always one of those guys for all of us, we just would like he was like, you know, he just just felt like a grandfather figure because he was an older guy, but he had so much experience and he had a big old smile on his face and I just I love that guy.
Speaker 3: Also in this in this episode, some of the I don't know how to say this, some of the peripheral characters, whether it's Sammy, which I'll get to in a minute, or Neil is the janitor get to really shine, Yeah, and and the janitor and it I guess I think one O three when he says girl problems and then you say, and then Cox says, I'd say they're a beacup and the button is at least.
Speaker 1: They're real laugh out loud, stealing, I'm stealing Zachy's laugh out loud. I did.
Speaker 2: I laughed out loud at that man. And uh, you know, because it's funny because you know, we keep fucking with Bill Johnny because he's he's hanging on by his fingernails to this old lore that the Janitor barely talked to anybody in season one, and and he was just still deciding by the time he started season two if he was going to make the Janitor solely a figment of Jad's imagination hanging on he is.
Speaker 5: And and and every episode the Janitor's talking to a different cast and Donald and I.
Speaker 2: Donald and I joked that we're like Detective as being like, well, how would Bill possibly rationalize this one? And uh, you know again, Bill would say, well, he's not interacting with Johnny. See, he just he just if he's a if he's a figure of Jad's imagination, he hears what Cox says and just builds on it, you know.
Speaker 1: But but also, and I'm going to keep circling back with this, you could see and in this case, it's just a simple, clean scene. Donald and Zach at two nine, when you take the phone call from your mom and you find out about mister Peters.
Speaker 3: You too are just it's in carpentry. It's called tongue and groove. You guys are just effortless. And it sets up the whole scene. There's a ton of n expository stuff in it, and it's just effortless, and it's only because of what you guys had become in those I guess seventeen or eighteen weeks by then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember, well, I don't. I don't remember any of this episode except for the handshake. And I had no idea even and when we did the handshake, I had no clue what Sarah and I like. I thought it was something that Sarah and I made up on set and it turned into something in the scene. But I think we made it up for the scene and it turned into something that we did on set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw this handshake. Johnny and I had to endure this handshake get longer and longer. I think by the end of it. I think by the end of nine years, it took them an hour and a half to do the handshake, and.
Speaker 4: That was just to say hello to each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: During during the Vietnam War, I found out it was called a dap A dap.
Speaker 1: We would it up, you would adapt somebody.
Speaker 2: But wait, now, Donald, you don't remember if you guys were just walking around and made this up and then put it in the show, or.
Speaker 4: I think it came from the handshake in the show.
Speaker 5: I think our handshake we made it up for the show, and then it turned into something that we did all the time when we saw each other.
Speaker 3: But that that, once again is what I'm talking about. It's effortless. Yeah, it doesn't. Did you complete with totally long and and then you guys throw it away and go right into the scene and that that's later on. But I was so struck by so many of these vignettes. Ye completely tongue and groove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, man, and and and and Donald. Did you make that up or did Sarah contribute? Like it's pretty great?
Speaker 1: Some of it.
Speaker 4: I made up a lot of it. I know I made up because it's uh, it has it has rhythm to it.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 4: Well there's that, and then there's also.
Speaker 1: There's Sarah could do all that stuff, Yes, you could.
Speaker 5: There was It was also a like what is it that remember how we were talking about the color purple and miss when Celi and her sister are broken.
Speaker 2: Up and they're doing the hand miss patty Cake ca.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it also has a little bit of that in it where it's like where we slap each other's hand. I don't know, man, all I know is yeah, no, that thing was made up for this episode, and it turned into I.
Speaker 2: Like, I like what Johnny said too, that you kind of go into this ele everything and then you just kind of go into the scene like nothing happened.
Speaker 4: It's just dull.
Speaker 2: You just did a high five. I thought that.
Speaker 1: But it's the same way. It's the same way. I feel like, I'm maybe it sounds like I'm blowing too much smoke up your guys asses, but I'll take it.
Speaker 6: We'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'm like Donald, I don't remember any of this stuff.
Speaker 3: So then when we go back and watch it, I'm I'm sincerely struck by different things. And in this episode, unlike the last one we watched together, I wasn't struck by as many things other than the circumstances that were occurring outside of scrubs. In this I was really struck by what was happening in front of the lens and what the writers did. And then at three minutes there's this great walking talk between Zachi and Cox, and the writers let Cox be this fierce, fierce patient advocate and it grounds them in a way that it's just genius because it gives them license to then.
Speaker 1: Go do what He's about to go do, which is destroy a lab.
Speaker 2: Now, this is the first time we really see Cox have this raw motion. Johnny, I think that you know, we had seen him be upset. There's the episode Where's where he's just saying, Jad, you need to have a life. I have no fucking life. But this is, you know, the first time we see how much pain this man has and how dedicated he is to his profession. So I just talked a bit about that, and of course destroying this lab. Papper in the backgrounds Charles pappard Our steadycam operators back is the one of the lab text. But I mean, do you remember that day trashing that lab? That must have been cathartic.
Speaker 1: I do, and I had.
Speaker 3: I had been lucky enough in nineteen ninety four, and lucky is in italics to have been with Michael Caine, your actor in your Lovely movie up in Valdize, Alaska, and with Steven Seagal directing an epic movie for Warner Brothers called on Deadly Ground.
Speaker 1: Stephen was.
Speaker 3: And I got to destroy a house, and halfway through it, I find a petrified walrus penis, which is called an usk, and so.
Speaker 2: I slow down, You're gonna not you can't rush you. You can't the listeners that the listeners have questions, how did you find a Don't worry, we're gonna get back to destroying the lab. Everybody, How did you How did you know that it was a petrified walrus penis?
Speaker 3: I asked, there's this long fallus? And I asked the production designer, I said, what's this? And he goes, well, it's a petrified walr's penis. And he said, God al mighty, just call action and get on my eyeline.
Speaker 1: If you don't think that's coming in the frame, you're out of your mind.
Speaker 2: Look out, everybody.
Speaker 3: And so I I what my takeaway from destroying house, just destroying it.
Speaker 1: Was go slow. If you destroy a house or a lab too fast, the camera doesn't get it.
Speaker 3: It's just like as Donald definitely knows, either taking or throwing a punch in front of the lens. If you go too fast, the camera doesn't see it. Yeah, and it's the same same with destroying a room.
Speaker 1: You've got to go slow.
Speaker 3: And it's funny Billy who or will ramped it up to high speed for the throw through the window, because otherwise that stuff happens too fast and you don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sure Zach.
Speaker 3: As a filmmaker, you know, unless you cover a fight or destroying something pretty meticulously, the lens misses it.
Speaker 1: And so my only thought in destroying that lab was take your time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, when I watched that, I was like, how much trouble would doctor Cox bey and if he were to do that, and how much money did he just throw out the window by doing all of that?
Speaker 1: I know, I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing too. I thought like, did they have some system or no one's gonna tell kelso, because I mean, Carla implies that he freaks out at least once a year, right, And I was like, does everyone sort of protect him, because you know, in the real world of a hospital, he'd be in a phenomenal amount of trouble for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I couldn't that. That was the first thing I thought.
Speaker 5: And then I thought when Carla said he does this once a year, I was like, holy shit, Cox is you know, it's clear that he's in pain, but he's in like a lot of pain. And to build it up to be able to just damage thousands of dollars of equipment, you know what? I mean, you have to really, you have to really be on that level of fuck it, I'm I don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: I just I just he clearly doesn't care care anymore.
Speaker 2: But they also really need Cox, you know, Cox.
Speaker 4: Everybody needs Cox. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Well look what you just said, Donald, that was that came.
Speaker 1: Out a little bit of you're gonna pull over there, Donald, You're going fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna. I'm gonna That's gonna be my new ringtone, Donald yelling everybody needs Cox.
Speaker 4: In the hospital, in the hospital.
Speaker 2: At the hospital, I met the character, and.
Speaker 3: Then and then at four thirty nine, we get to see the janitor do medical jargon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he kills it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember you know that Neil audition for your part, you know that trivia Johnny of.
Speaker 3: Course, but I mean, he's such a spectacular actor, but i'd never seen him do. You gotta remember all medical jargon is Latin based, so when you really get into it, you're just talking Latin.
Speaker 1: And so for the janitor just to peel out some Latin question me.
Speaker 2: By the way, I wondered when I wondered if I think that might be the only time the janitors ever in our apartment.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask that we should ask Bill if he remembers putting the janitor in the apartment at any point.
Speaker 2: Okay, Donald has pulled the lever for an ask Bill, Joel, Bill, you're not gonna remember. I bet the guy on Wiki Scrubs knows better than you, but.
Speaker 4: We're gonna ask you.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know we should do We should also, Joelle, that's what we should do with that guy. We should haven't asked Bill button, but we should haven't also asked the Scrubs wicked because he knows he's the keeper of the trivia more than Bill. Bill's gonna be like, I don't know, five, six, seven, eight, and uh Bill, Bill has found is what you're talking about? Willis Johnny. He he's found his catchphrase. So now he just says five and the fans think it's hilarious. He just starts hilarious, he starts the theme song, and Donald and I have to stop the damn thing. So anyway, Joelle, when we talk to that guy, when we find him, let's ask him if we can ask him Scrubs trivia. But for now, since we only have Bill, Bill, do you think this is the only time that the janitor is ever in our apartment, even though it's a fantasy.
Speaker 7: Neil, I'm going by memory here, guys, But Neil Flynn was in Turk and JD's apartment when there's a fantasy about him being a doctor, and I believe he returns to try and fix their air conditioning or pipes or something in a later season. But I think he was only there twice except once I think he was implied that he was there a third time, that he and doctor Cox moved JD's bed somewhere and they did it together.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bill.
Speaker 3: And once again at five forty nine when when Kenny and when Kelso and and and Jude are together, they're butter. They're total butter.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, yeah, they're butter.
Speaker 2: Now how about Judy, they're they they're great. How about Judy? So for first Judy, I noticed, because this is funny tracking the when we shot this in two thousand and one, that Judy says I got to get a tape deck, which I thought was funny. And then and then when she brings in and it's actually a CD player, it's just funny.
Speaker 5: Even now you realize that you're you're definitely pretty good show.
Speaker 4: Dude, that's very good because I did not pick up on that. Well.
Speaker 2: I caught her. I caught her saying tape deck, and then my brain went, there's no way it was cassettes. I remember it was at least CDs and uh and then and I guess that was just still I'm imagining. In two thousand and one, we were still using the expression tape deck, like I'll get a tape deck and I have a I.
Speaker 1: Have a question for you.
Speaker 3: On the heels of that, when Kenny says, like Motley Crue and Winger, my son's a bit of a headbanger, first of all, that crushed me.
Speaker 1: And is that the first time?
Speaker 3: First of many when he refers to his son, who turns out is just a cavalcade of eccentricity.
Speaker 2: A cavalcade of eccentricities is a great title for a screenplay, but that is funny. The Scrubs Wiki said, it's the first time he mentions Baxter. I don't know if it's the first time his son comes up, but this might be the first time his son comes up in terms of being a cavalcade of eccentricity.
Speaker 3: His son, it turns out it's the single most tortured person on the planet I know.
Speaker 2: And we never got to meet him, and we never met his wife. I think it was Enil.
Speaker 1: But it's so much better. It's so much better.
Speaker 2: No, it was all Remember remember on Cheers when you never saw Flitzer cliffs. No, I think it was Norm's wife, Vera. We never saw. Well gave me the thumbs up?
Speaker 1: Am I right? Joell? Wow?
Speaker 4: Well well played Zach.
Speaker 2: That bartender would always ali upe him, see I bet sports reference, and and then he'd he'd have a one liner and and and dunk it if.
Speaker 5: He I blew, I blew one line because I didn't remember it. Vera does make an appearance on Cheers, though, I guess really?
Speaker 2: And then well won Well, Joelle, did you go on the Cheers wiki and find out that Vera does make an appearance on the Thanksgiving Day as you.
Speaker 3: Guys, As you guys have done so wonderfully. I do want to look at Sammy for a second. Who uh is astonishing? Yea episode?
Speaker 2: This really is? Probably is this probably is I hate to say it, but probably his first real I mean, other than one liners. This is the first episode where Sammy really shined as the and even even.
Speaker 1: When he and he and and Jude together are are completely money.
Speaker 2: Did you guys get goosebumps when they sang together?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: But the first time we see Sammy, he does this thing with his hand where he puts it way in the back of his.
Speaker 1: Donald. My triceps are too big to even do this.
Speaker 2: Let me get your fucking arms, arms to you, to you listeners out there, I want you to know this guy is still fucking ripped. He's got bigger biceps than than anyone I I know.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: Are you still doing a lot of paddlesurfing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Every day, every day you paddle surf. Yeah, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, you.
Speaker 5: Are Let me say something, you got, mister Miyagi body where it's like you're doing you know active you know, everything is for a purpose.
Speaker 4: I row, I row a board in the ocean. I'm using my hands to build.
Speaker 2: I thought you were saying. I thought you were saying he had the body of Pat Marita, and I was like, no, he does not.
Speaker 4: But when Sammy wax On wax off.
Speaker 3: The first time we see Sammy, he's got that hand over his head and then the button on the scene with Judy is he could was careful.
Speaker 1: I've been hurt before. Yeah, Oh my god, he dropped me, drop me.
Speaker 2: He loves Judy, he loves Carla, he loves car.
Speaker 4: She hugs him and he's like, don't let go.
Speaker 3: And for those and well that's later on and for those who don't know asides, when you keep it aside real, it's almost impossible because if you don't do it right, you come off as a crazy person because you're talking to yourself.
Speaker 1: And Sammy does it with careful I've been hurt before.
Speaker 3: And then when he and Judy get back together later on, he has two that are genius. He says, she knows, she knows your name, he says to himself, and then he says, don't let go.
Speaker 1: It dropped me. And I can't tell you how hard that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has one more when he's like, I love you and she turns around like what, and.
Speaker 1: He goes right back to the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that song you got, I mean, we're jumping all over the place, but that song moment was so beautiful and I forget. I apologize to the universe that I forgot how pretty Judy's voice is me too, Yeah, and she slays and it's beautiful. And their harmonies, I mean, Sammy. We knew because sam was an amazing singer and it was an a cappella group, but the two of them together, their harmonies were I got goosebumps all over my body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now let me ask you something, uh Zachi? Yes? And I could see you. I could see you ringing this one out as hard as you could. Was this Billy or you on beer's beakers?
Speaker 2: It's probably me.
Speaker 1: You were ringing everything.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: There's certain is there certains, there's just funny beakers. I think I think it was probably not in the script because that wouldn't probably been funny on the page. But I was probably just riffing like words that sounded funny. And we should say it's the first appearance of Franklin played by masi Oka.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm about to say Massi oh. Before he went on to be a time traveling star of.
Speaker 2: Heroes, right, he was the star of the show Heroes. Yeah, and I think this was his first juicy gig. He recurred as Franklin for a while.
Speaker 1: He's very he's very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was funny. Hugging is hugging his favorite microscope so that you didn't destroy it.
Speaker 3: And then and then at eight minutes we go to what I referenced earlier is Sarah and Donald, and it's it's what I started this whole thing off with with. However, this ensemble jeld, whether it was just time or traveling together and getting into it, you guys are effortless.
Speaker 2: All right, but let's go a little bit back. Johnny, you're going too fast. First of all, oh, dear Lord, please tell me that's not a onesie.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: And now doctor Cox says, first of all, I'm wearing a onesie, which I love a onesie. I don't wear a onesie to bed, but man, when I have a onesie on do I love a onesie? And I guess JD really loved one because he wears it to the bar. And then and then Cox pulls over the two ladies to flirt.
Speaker 4: Okay, before you go past what I have.
Speaker 1: But that's that's at eleven eight. I'm gonna I'm gonna eight.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm I'm I'm the ones He occurs at seven oh six. Oh okay, now, but go ahead, Donald.
Speaker 4: Uh minty. First of all, what were y' all drinking in your shots.
Speaker 2: If that was minty, No, the the the toothbrush was minty.
Speaker 4: Oh still from the after you dipped it in the.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it doesn't track. I guess you're right because the toothpaste would have been off of it.
Speaker 4: But that's it was hilarious because and then right after that, yuck, yuck, yuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I was thinking of. Do you remember do you remember I don't know if you remember this, Donald, but don Johnny, you definitely remember Easy Rider when uh, whenever Nicholson would do a shot, he would he would just say a random word because.
Speaker 4: The shot was so bad.
Speaker 2: An easy Rider. He'd do the shot and he goes, but he would say like a random word that would like help him recover from how bad the shot was. And that's that's what I was thinking of when I when I when I did it, I was like, yuck, trying so hard to be manly in front of Cox, but I'm in a onesie with a toothbrush.
Speaker 3: It was funny when you go yucky and then the writers give Cox, uh, oh great, I'm drinking with a mouseket deer.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I didn't remember this episode at all, so I never knew that you guys had a wingman uh situation going on the two of you.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 5: I know that one girl blows it because she's talking about her ex boyfriend. What happened to the girl you were talking to?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think Cox has gives a flying fuck about. He's just like here, if this, if she? Cox is like here you want you want a reason to stay here? Talk to these girls. I'm gonna I'm gonna, I'm gonna go. And then JD is like, okay, now you're telling and he tries to hit on that one woman, but she's just, you know, rambling and rambling and rambling.
Speaker 1: The hangman's noose is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of it's kind of stolen from airplane.
Speaker 3: Though it doesn't matter, no, but he remembers the airplane. It's absolutely hilarious. I remember, I know we're dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: No, but I think there's a scene in a moment an airplane when someone's doing a long speech about their past and and you you cut back and the passenger next to him has hung himself and he's swinging anyway.
Speaker 3: I think it's really interesting. After the two girls leave and JD and Cox are alone. I don't remember Cox being that broken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I was going to say. He's so broken, dude, he's so broken.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like once a year he you know, Carla says, like once a year he pretty much has a breakdown.
Speaker 1: And I went back and I went back.
Speaker 3: As I told you guys, I keep composition books and it's kind of how I learned my lines. And in the margins I wrote notes to myself, and in that I the first thing gig I'll digress for a second. The first gig I got to get at n YU was to understudy John Tatro in Danny and the Deep Blue Sea and over ats Circle Rep, which was maybe I lived on Sullivan Street and Circle was on Bleakers, so it was maybe a half a block from my house, and I understudy John, and I was the assistant stage manager, so I helped call the lights and I made up the actors. But I had keys to the theater. And because it's just a two hand er, two hander means just two actors on stage, it was June Stein and John, and John went to do desperately seeking Susan. After about eight months, he wouldn't he wouldn't it's eight shows a week off Broadway, and.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't go down. It's very violent play, and so I had the keys to the theater.
Speaker 3: So every day I would walk and do circles on the stage because I had the keys, and I would do both actors' parts out loud a couple of times a day.
Speaker 1: And this was all fear based, and you.
Speaker 2: Were afraid to say, Johnny, you were afraid that you might have to go on and you didn't want it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was scared to death.
Speaker 3: And John finally went to go do Desperately Seeking Susan and which every actor in New York wanted to be in, and so I got to take over for him for about a week. And there's a line that Danny has at the end of the play where he says everything hurts. And I worked backwards in that play from everything hurts, and and what that must mean for someone to actually say that that everything hurts. And I gave it to Cox in this that when we see him, there's that long profile shot of Cox that will stays on it and everything hurts. Yeah, and it resonates and it's nothing said, it's underneath.
Speaker 1: And Zaki's so lovely in the scene. But I just think the guy's broken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's so incredibly committed to this job, which is endlessly frustrating for him, not only what would be normal dealing with so much death and pain, but that this hospital, this this hospital that it seems is barely surviving with with with its finances. And he opens the episode walking around, and I noticed that Will made sure that the ceiling panels were all fucked up. I don't know if you noticed that, but when you when you're looking around, being like, everything is here is fucking broken. I'm so sick of it. And in that in that very walk and talk moment, you're seeing like the ceilings all fucked up, and and he's just just so frustrated, I imagine with trying to save lives with no with no support, with no gear, like so many by the way, like so many doctors and nurses and people must be feeling now with the lack of of ppe they had with with COVID.
Speaker 1: I think it's really interested at what you were just referencing.
Speaker 3: That the writers don't even have Cocks reference it as the hospital or or the name of the hospital.
Speaker 1: He he just calls it that place. He can't even he.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even want it in his mouth, and he says, I can't, I can't go back to that place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then JD at least feels like wow, he I don't know what to do. He broke down, what are we going to do? And Carl was like, oh no, he just does that once a year. He'll be fine today. And I'm like, there's no way he's going to be fine.
Speaker 4: And you come in like, hey, look, it's going to be a good.
Speaker 1: Ill. I stole that from a brother, my brother's friendship. Humph. You lives in Atlanta now. He used to always go around and go it's a great day. I put that one right in my back pocket.
Speaker 2: You were so funny. All right, Wait, yes, we're gonna take a break. We always forget because we're having so much fun. We'll be right back and see Donald, you're giving the people what they want, which is the mm hmm.
Speaker 4: They asked for it, so I might as well give it to him.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: A lot of chatter, a lot of chatter on we gotta just digress for a moment. So much chatter on it on Instagram about this, about the washcloth conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, that was a conversation that was real deal, Holy Field, man.
Speaker 2: Johnny, did you do you use a washcloth in the shower?
Speaker 5: We need to know if my wife wanted to make sure that before we get into Johnny using the washcloth, she wanted you guys all to know that you are supposed to get rid of the washcloth after he.
Speaker 4: Shouts at that one time right period. But you don't, I do what you don't? You don't.
Speaker 2: Your wife was like, you better fucking tell him we changed the wash cloth. There are too many fucking people listen to this podcast. Donald, you better tell them we change the wash cloth.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you right I'm telling you right now, we changed the wash cloths.
Speaker 4: Baby, I told everybody.
Speaker 2: See, I told everybody.
Speaker 4: Baby taken care of. It's not like she listens to the show anyway.
Speaker 2: If you want, we can have Dan go back and re edit that that sentence into the original wash.
Speaker 1: Cloth to be okay, okay, Jesus was funny.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want you to know that. You know, in one in that episode, we were talking about both what kind of merch we should have and the washcloth to be. And so now my whole Instagram fee was like, how about merch that says team washcloth on a wash cloth.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: So some, he said, And now look man, if not look man, if you know me, this is how I am.
Speaker 5: But listen, I accumulate a lot of spit in my mouth when I talk, so sometimes I might when I'm talking. Listen, asshole, that's how I talk. All right, accept it. I just did it again.
Speaker 4: And if you got a problem with it, you can kiss my ass all right?
Speaker 3: Of course maybe of course for for avid listards begs the question which instructor?
Speaker 1: Did Donald have no yes, because he just went into aggressive guy.
Speaker 2: You are right, Johnny, good call.
Speaker 5: You know I need to protect how I sound on this thing. Everybody had a problem with me saying you know what I mean? And now somebody's talking about the way I slurp when I'm done the sentences.
Speaker 2: Slurp by the way, slurp by the way. You know they have those fancy spit guards for the mic. We could get you, right, Dan, we can. You know, there's like a little circle that goes in front of the mic, so you have to be.
Speaker 4: Spitting the house. I don't need to do any of.
Speaker 2: It, all right, Well, why don't you reach behind you and dab your mouth with some sweatpants.
Speaker 4: Fuck you, fuck you.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, it's just fun to see that so many people are engaging, and we love to hear from you, especially when it's debating things. We're debating here because I love seeing people weigh in and be like, I'm team washcloth and I'm from the South.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, right right, Well, a lot of white people that got on the on the thing like, yo, I do use a washcloth, but I am from the South.
Speaker 2: So and then some women won't be like Zach, you can put a loofa between your cheeks, you just have to make sure you wash it. They're washable, and I'm not. I'm still not gonna put a scratchyof loof of between the cheeks.
Speaker 4: Johnny, are you team washcloth or team no washcloth.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I use washcloths at hotels, but not at home.
Speaker 3: But not at home both, I just surf. I just I just there's a shower I put in outside the building, and I just shower out there.
Speaker 1: And so no, there's no wash cloths up theah.
Speaker 4: But in hotels you use the washcloths.
Speaker 2: You know, you know why he does because he doesn't have to worry about cleaning that fucking poo poo stain up.
Speaker 4: That also is a problem for me, Zach, I have a problem with your poostain story.
Speaker 2: Now why why dude, You're rehashing some shit right now? No pun intended.
Speaker 1: Do you have itchy all day?
Speaker 4: Hold on, do you have itchy butt all the time?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You still don't understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There's no way, dude, I do understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I don't have poo. If I were to swipe the washcloth down the outside of my balloon knot, there'd be no poo on it. But if I were to dig a quarter inch, there'd be some remnants.
Speaker 4: Why are you digging in your ass?
Speaker 2: Because that's what I feel. The purpose of the washcloth is. I have a washcloth as my interface between me and my rectum, and I can dig a little. I can be aggressive. Check my pros nate while I'm in there.
Speaker 1: Do you guys not have the magic toilet seat that does the spray I.
Speaker 4: Wish I had.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you one of those. It's a seat.
Speaker 1: It's a seat. You put a seat. It's not even a day it's the most genius thing on the planet. Yeah, we got him. We got them at the Design Center at some invited event that Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just blasts a little. It's like a it's like a water pick for your anus.
Speaker 1: It's the single greatest gift on the planet.
Speaker 2: It's lovely. Donald. I'm gonna get you one for Honkah can't wait.
Speaker 3: Well, what you have to get him with with is you also get a contractor to extend a water outlet and electricity to.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not coming with my honica. Well maybe that'll be the second night. The first night will be the water pick for your anus. Second night contractor?
Speaker 1: Could we could we get back to Levern?
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome back, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. This is what happens, uh. I know, by the way, when you're into you guys, when you're here, we can I love that Johnny's already here being like, can we get to the episode? Which is what I'm the one. I'm the one who's always saying.
Speaker 4: That we tried to digress several times, and Donny's like, but you know when yeah, six so too.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do all right, let's I thought in twelve fifty two. I thought Billy Billy likes to take a swipe at Zachi every once in a while. He always has and and he Laverne says, you think so with those ears, And it's just and it's just exact totally.
Speaker 2: I'm called for so fucked up. I must have done something that week that he wanted to take me down a notge for I never really had my ears this before. I mean, obviously I have a large nose, and I'm used, you know, anytime a caricature artist would draw me, it would be like ninety five percent nose, So I'm used to that. But I I never really had my ears disc before before Nurse Roberts went after them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she and she took She took no small amount of pleasure in doing it too.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Red Dawn fifteen forty. I've never seen Red Dawn. I don't know anything about her.
Speaker 4: You fucking kidding me right now. You've never seen Red Dawn.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Did you audition John Leis?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't. I wouldn't up to that speed yet.
Speaker 4: Well there's a part in that. Well, you're probably you're probably way too young.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what wolverines means. Please tell us.
Speaker 5: Okay, so, uh, the Russians in Red Dawn, Yeah, attack America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Colorado. The trivia our trivia friend says, there's a mistake in the episode. One of you guys says, Michigan, but it's actually Colorado.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because the Michigan. Because the Michigan Michigan or the Wolverines. The college team Michigan are the Wolverines. But it actually takes place in Colorado. You're right, and they attack and kids, students are the rebellion. They wind up being like all the adults are gathered and put into concentration camps and Stanton. Yeah, see Thomas Howell, Charlie Sheen.
Speaker 2: Uh does it hold up?
Speaker 5: I mean they tried to. They tried to remake it and stuff like that. The action is amazing.
Speaker 4: Who's the the older brother? Oh my gosh, Ghost.
Speaker 1: Well, Patrick Patrick.
Speaker 4: Crazy, Patrick swayze Just so many people are in it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: This is the first movie that Jennifer Gray and Patrick swayzey did together. This is before Dirty Dancing.
Speaker 1: And Leah Thompson.
Speaker 4: Leah Thompson's in it. Also a lot of people went on to do.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Makes me think of another before you explain that more Taps. We were talking about Taps the other Do you guys remember that.
Speaker 3: A lot of George Valley Forge Military Academy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of amazing actors. It was their first big thing, Sewn Sean and Tom Cruise.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, go back to the plot of Loverne.
Speaker 5: So the kids, the kids, and the and the school that the kids they're all like on the football team and stuff like that. And the football team of the school is called the Wolverines. And so when they're when they're in the fight with the Russians, their victory cry is Wolverines. Their battle cry is Wolverines. Like you know, g I Joe was Yo Joe.
Speaker 4: Theirs was Wolverines.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. And in the world of Scrubs, Elliott knows this movie. I don't believe it, but I believe I believe. I believe Turk knows it.
Speaker 4: I don't believe Turk would know it, so therefore j D would know it, right.
Speaker 2: But Elliott walks in like, oh, I forget the homework assignment, Let's watch Red Dawn. I'm like, come on, buddy, I'd love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's also great again, you guys both throw the gesture away and it's great when Zachi comes in and goes, you know, wolverines and he just throws it away and Sarah does too, and it's great.
Speaker 2: You know, when I was first watching this episode, before I got through it, I was like, what a dick Turk is for inviting my newly ex girlfriend over to do a homework as Simon at the fucking living room table.
Speaker 4: But he knew done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then he comes yeah, there's a great thing.
Speaker 3: Later on at ten forty five that Donald does this great thing where Sarah goes, you and I can still hang out and Donald goes, no, he's my best friend.
Speaker 1: Either you fix it or and then there's an ellipsis. And for all of us who have had divorced friends or friends who have broken up, it's the way Donald lays it out. You can't have both. It's just it's never you got to be friends with either or the wife. You can't have both. It doesn't work.
Speaker 2: People always choose a side, don't they.
Speaker 5: You have to Yeah, yeah, there's no in between. You can't stay in between. You can't be like she's my friend and you're my friend.
Speaker 2: Right right, I got it? Now now now when so we what we learned is that Turk did it in order to try and get them to be friends again.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I think his intentions are really good.
Speaker 2: But it's so raw. I mean, it's still so new, this breakup. You know, It's like, yeah, but you guys.
Speaker 5: Are running to each running into each other. Elliott and j D are running into each other every day at work, and there's all of this animosity towards each other.
Speaker 1: It's how the show will.
Speaker 2: I felt sad about it, you know, I have to say, I guess I'm these old feelings of being so invested in these characters came up, and of course, I'm sure you know memories of times in my own life of this stage of a relationship, and I don't know, I was so invested that I genuinely was feeling sad for these two characters and how they clearly love each other so much, and as we learned in the series, they ultimately choose each other. But but oh, that awkwardness of of you know, of trying to be friends and having mutual friends and working together. I mean, what a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what you just said pays off in the final before you guys go up on the roof and throw watermelons. When you guys are on that cot, you're Zachi. Your truth is that it made you genuinely sad and it resonates. It absolutely jumps into the lens and it resonates, and it's so lovely.
Speaker 2: I think I had not so much.
Speaker 1: There's nothing demand instrative, there's nothing showy. It's just this guy sad and sad sucks. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: I think that was easy to play because it was real, and I think I had so much love for Sarah and I just, you know, I could just play in my in my heart that we weren't going to be friends anymore, and it was just easy to tap into.
Speaker 1: You know, right he should it showed.
Speaker 4: It was very good.
Speaker 5: I really you know, when in the beginning of the episode when he said when j D says, my teacher died, I was like, oh, this is this is going to be the problem of the episode. And then when you know, Johnny, when Cox goes into this rent, I was like, no, this is the problem of the episode. Then how you bring it full circle? It's always brought back to one right and with our show, so at the end of it all, you remind him, didn't you tell me about your teacher that you know just passed away.
Speaker 4: How are you gonna deal with that? Because I know you're trying to hide it. What did you do when? What did you do when you found out your teacher died? That's right, you made a joke.
Speaker 5: That shit stings inside and if you hold on to it, and if you don't have an outlet, you wind up doing what I did.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And there's not a bunch of people at this hospital that are going to protect you the way they protect me.
Speaker 4: That's that's the honest of goodness truth. Yeah, we'll get this shit out.
Speaker 2: You know, I was well said. I believe that too. I mean, I feel like I do that in life. I try and dissipate the emotion by making a joke and then you're all, you know, which is fine, it's a coping mechanism. But then you're letting that shit fester and build up. And then Johnny and Cox is saying, like, look what happens if you let it build for three hundred and sixty four days? You fucking destroy Franklin's lab.
Speaker 3: And I wrote, I wrote, I wrote in my notebook because I'd had about a twenty year ongoing twenty year art crush on a Welsh poet named Dylan Thomas.
Speaker 1: And I didn't have the spine to go down to the writer's room.
Speaker 3: And ask Billy if I could put this in, But I did put it in the margins, the poem that do not go gently into that good night rage, rage against the.
Speaker 1: Dying of the light.
Speaker 3: And that informs everything I'm telling Zachi in that scene, that you don't go gently into the good night rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get it. And I wanted to say it to Zachie so bad, but it was a little too esoteric. But it's underneath it.
Speaker 2: It needs to, John, because it was underneath your whole performance.
Speaker 1: If it floats it Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you can get Dylan Thomas to float something underneath what you're doing again, you're not lying, you're telling your truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really like that you do that, John, the putting, putting thoughts and inspiration in the margins and letting that sort of exist underneath the scene. I think that's really a smart technique.
Speaker 1: It's completely selfish and self serving. It helps me.
Speaker 3: I always find that if you can since we're lying in front of the lens. Everything most of it's a lie. In other words, I'm not doctor Cox, I'm not the guy. I'm not Sergeant O Neil in platoon. I'm not I'm not I'm some guy. I'm just the Irish jack.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And if you can, yeah, if you can reduce, if you can reduce the frequency of the lie, whether it's Oliver putting this through two weeks of boot camp or or putting Dylan Thomas underneath underneath a particular beat that reduces the lie. And if you can reduce the lie to a certain frequency, then the lens doesn't suffer it as a lie quite as much.
Speaker 2: And I think, and I think genuinely this might be a non sequitor, but for me, genuinely listen. You know a lot of times actors will ask me for and I'm sure this you guys get this as well. Young actors ask you for advice or or and you try and think of like something's a sinc you can say, because it's none of it's that easy. But when I do try and say, the most basic thing that I've learned is genuinely listening. If I'm if the camera's on me and Johnny c playing Cox is saying all these things to me, and I can genuinely listen. I'm not looking in my periphery at the camera. I'm not looking at the jail on the light that's about to fall. I'm not distracted by something. I'm genuinely listening. Then I can't help but react naturally as a human being would. Now, that's not easy to do it. You can only I find I can only do it in spurts, which hopefully those spurts can be edited together into something good. But that's the that's sort of my version of what you're saying is being as present as you can and genuinely.
Speaker 1: Listening because you're telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we react. I remember when I was I did this movie, The Last Kiss, and I was I had a scene with Tom Wilkinson, a wonderful actor, and it was one of those moments where this really worked for me. He was the cameras were kind of far back. I love that when when on the occasion when they can be sort of a little bit far away on longer lenses. And he's too and he was just on the porch and he's giving me a speech about his daughter, and I just remember being so present. I didn't see the cameras. I just saw this man talking to me and giving me advice about how to deal with my troubled relationship. And I just felt I was so in the moment that in spurts, I was able to just forget that it wasn't real, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: No, I totally know what to me when I did Gee's Tripping. I got stone with my boy Dion right.
Speaker 4: Before I seen.
Speaker 2: When I was in Homies Pomoni.
Speaker 5: Oh, and there was you know, we were at a dance at a house party, and I was supposed to be dancing with this girl at the house party, and I was so stone that I forgot we were filming the damn movie. You think this is bullshit, but I remembered my direction was.
Speaker 2: I thought you were by the way. I just want to stop for a second. I thought you were kidding and it was hilarious, but you're serious. You got so high you forgot you were doing a movie.
Speaker 5: I forgot that we were making This is how I gotta see this movie. Yeah, so we're in a scene and we're you know, it's a house party, and we're dancing, and I'm dancing with this girl, and I remembered my direction. My direction is tell her to come with you and you guys exit. So we're dancing and everything, and now I'm really fucking in it. I'm looking around at the boys and shit, oh you know what I mean. I'm waving to my boy you know what I mean in the movie and everything like that, and I remember Joe, oh, I'm supposed to tell us something. So I whispered in the ear like, yo, let's go to the other room. And she goes, okay, let's go. And so we're exiting, and as I'm walking out, I'm like, oh shit, I just pulled down.
Speaker 4: I'm what I did, you know what I mean? And I'm looking at my boys like look how I did it? And then they said cut and I was like, oh no, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't, but you know, I didn't go like we were making a movie, but it was like cut and we walked away and my boy.
Speaker 4: Was like, yo, it really like you was taken out of the other room.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Man. So that would get me. I would get hives if I ever found myself in that situation. I would I worry too much.
Speaker 2: How often how often were you stoned while acting on Scrubs? A percentage of the time.
Speaker 4: It's not It's not as high.
Speaker 2: I got to add it to the Scrubs Wiki.
Speaker 5: It's not as high as everybody, you know, as I made it out to be. But there were times where I came to work and I was like, fuck, I did it in the morning.
Speaker 4: By the end of the day, I'll be fine, dude. I was probably I had a problem.
Speaker 2: You know'll be funny if on the Scrubs Wiki with each episode it has a little section where it says how high Donald was during the filming of this episode. You know, it has like a it has like a red for very, there's like a there's like a there's like a color system like how dangerous the water is at the beach.
Speaker 4: Those those days are over, though, Those days over.
Speaker 5: But I do remember I remember thinking, you know, there's so many actors that are baked when they're working. And I'm sure there are there are, you know what I mean, But it really wasn't for me.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I'm gonna get us back on track here at AIX.
Speaker 2: Johnny Johnny, if Johnny was always on the show, we'd be much more on track.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: The Todd shows up in eight oh six hilarious, and he comes up from behind the couch.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of creepy. Yeah, it's a little creepy.
Speaker 4: The things he says to her are creepy.
Speaker 1: It's a little creepy, I know.
Speaker 2: But I laughed out loud when he said he goes.
Speaker 3: So is it safe to assume Donald that at a fifty six, when you do a very graceful jump up onto the nurses station, that you are not, in fact wearing silk boxers.
Speaker 4: I am definitely not wearing silkboxers.
Speaker 1: Do you wear do you wear anything out of your scrubs?
Speaker 4: I did at the time because I was look man, he had a leak.
Speaker 2: I got a leaky o ring and loose gasket.
Speaker 5: Sometimes when you go to the bathroom and come back and you got a little peace spot, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: So I don't think that you could. I mean, I don't think that it would be appropriate for you to not have your your what your situation contained.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there were people that put on their scrubs at as Johnny's hand goes.
Speaker 2: Un you free ball in your scrubs.
Speaker 3: Do One time in the Philippines, we were we were shooting a flick and during boot camp, I had to go through u a river is called a blue, and so we had to go through a blue and hold our weapons above our heads and then we got out the other side. I took my fatigues off, and I had about nine leeches right near my power source, and so I decided and then die wee that are our commandant told us that they like warm, wet places like under your arms and down in your crotch.
Speaker 1: And I haven't worn underwear since nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 4: Wow, And that's all it took. And that is all.
Speaker 1: You can't say, you can't preface it with that's all. That's what it took. Seven leeches, seven leeches near my near my powers horse. I'm not no chance, lance, And how do you pull them off?
Speaker 2: You just can't do you? Just can you just pull a leach off? I've never had a leech stock.
Speaker 3: Dale Dale came and he used like a cigarette butt and like he burned him and pulled him at the same time. And it was very humiliating to take my you know, to have all twenty four guys looking at you know, the Irish donkey with seven leeches.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm not getting any leeches.
Speaker 2: Near my I guess jeans would be fine, but scrubs wouldn't work.
Speaker 4: No gross even gene. Oh man, I couldn't do it with my jeans. Too much chafing.
Speaker 2: All right, should we get back to the episode.
Speaker 1: Guys, are you boxers or tidy? What do you guys?
Speaker 4: I'm straight up boxers. Dude, whities can't happen.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't do teddy whities. But they're not boxers like traditional boxers, minors sort of like clingy tight soft boxers. Okay, their their stance. If if I highly recommend this brand s t a ncee. They're not a paid sponsor, but I'm giving the dance like the socks. Yes, they make really fun socks. But they also make this like butter It's called like butter Undies.
Speaker 4: Butter Undies by stance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. There's a shout out for butter Undies. Send Donald an XXXL every stance, folks.
Speaker 4: I don't need an X. My waist isn't that big, dude?
Speaker 2: Oh quadru blocks.
Speaker 3: Wow, we got to get back to Kenny and Judy because we haven't given them their due. Because the song, the song he turns Off, is in fact the song that then Sammy and Judy sing together acapella.
Speaker 1: Beautifully, so pretty, so pretty.
Speaker 4: That's so tough to do. Also, I guess it was.
Speaker 2: You know, they must practice a lot.
Speaker 5: They had to have practiced that, because that's so like even the way lock the Cadence and everything was on fire, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That had to they had to remind everyone who's listening what the song was. It was talk Dirty to Me, Oh, talk Dirty to Me by Poison.
Speaker 3: But they're not again, Gosh, I'm beating a dead horse here, But the two of them are. They're not showing off.
Speaker 1: They're not putting it up on a bill they're not putting it up on a billboard.
Speaker 3: They're so great, they're so graceful, and they're not doing can you believe this ship? Because Sammy never does that and Judy is the master of just navigating her way through a scene, and the two of them together are so money and that.
Speaker 1: Thing is just so lovely. And then the same says I love you. I dropped.
Speaker 2: On it really made me miss him too. I had just one of those moments of going fucking hell on too soon. This guy is so funny and so talented, and I just wish more people got to know how talented he was. I mean, he was a successful working actor, but I I you know, I watch him in this and I go, I just I wish everyone in the world knew how genius this guy.
Speaker 4: His abilities.
Speaker 5: Man, he's just had so many great abilities, you know what I mean, he could make you did you know problem?
Speaker 1: Did you guys at the end of the show actually get to throw things off the roof? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't remember I did any of that because I remember that.
Speaker 5: Being a kind of a nightmare with it also dates the show with Letterman talking about let you want to throw stuff off the roof?
Speaker 4: Like Letterman. Yeah, it's like Letterman hasn't been on for what ten years now.
Speaker 2: Well, for those of you who are too young to or didn't ever watch Letterman, he would often throw large objects off the roof of the Ed Sullivan Theater.
Speaker 4: And was this before he moved to CBS.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was a bit he did for the whole his whole thing.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but but I think we did. I have a weird memory of feeling like it was kind of dangerous. It's probably something they wouldn't let us do today, with all the with with the doubt, with the increase in set safety. Because the wall of that roof wasn't incredibly high and we were hurling watermelons over the side. I don't know that that would be approved by by HR this at this day and age.
Speaker 5: By the way, my Bill cosby that that made me laugh out loud, and I think it made me laugh. I think it made me laugh because of how bad my bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it was turned up to eleven.
Speaker 1: It was, it was turned up to eleven.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was almost like you were doing an impression of Eddie, of Eddie Murphy, of Eddie Murphy doing his impression. Now why pudding. I didn't even that was such a non sequitor, like we put pudding in medical gloves.
Speaker 4: And then toss them off the roof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you went into a I wonder if that was in the script. Do you think I was in the script or you just riff that.
Speaker 5: No, that was definitely in the script. We were putting off the roof. They definitely put it in the show.
Speaker 2: I would like to talk to you about, would like to talk to you about some of the things you've been doing in your shop.
Speaker 4: About some of the things that you do and your show now.
Speaker 1: And then and then and then Neil at the end saying, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like apocalypse now right. I think that was the I learned from Scrubs wiki that was the first time Neil's ever been alone in a scene.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh my goodness, Yeah, that's WICKI they really have.
Speaker 1: But he gets Billy.
Speaker 3: Billy puts him alone more and more as the when him building that squirrel thing in his.
Speaker 1: Garage, and I think that I think he gets more and more alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that this was a shift to Neil, Like I think he entered the world of a regular cast member around here.
Speaker 5: And there is an episode where Neil's not going to be on this show in the first season, and that's how they got around him not being a regular. If I'm really if I recall correctly, let's ask a Bill. We can ask Bill right now.
Speaker 2: That's a good ask Bill. Go ahead, Donald, ask Bill Bill coma.
Speaker 5: If my memory serves me correctly, isn't there an episode where there's no janitor.
Speaker 2: And if so, was that related to tiptoeing around his contract because he would have had to have been a regular of some sort, do not say five six seven eight? Bill Well shut it down.
Speaker 7: Neil Flynn did not have to test for the part of the janitor, so he was not listed as a regular. You know, I just cast him as a guest star in the pilot with the intention of putting him in every episode, And then we did put him in every episode as a recur guy, and at the very end made him. You know, I was able to convince the networks they liked him a lot, that we needed to pay to make him a regular the second year. Originally they only wanted him in a maximum of four episodes, but I was like four, you're gonna have him in.
Speaker 2: Like five six seven eight. Stop it, Dan off this fucking guy.
Speaker 4: Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words. High high, Hi, We're back in. Hello, back quick, after a quick pe break, We're back. Joel introduced us.
Speaker 4: It's Jeremy.
Speaker 6: Lee nailed it.
Speaker 2: There's our Jeremy. You got the Oprah introduction. It's a it's a sacred right that only.
Speaker 4: Jeremy are you in an office.
Speaker 6: I'm in my home office right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well Jeremy's like office baby. Okay, Oprah, can you chill for two seconds, Jeremy, We'll do that. God, do you get a car? You get a car.
Speaker 4: You get a car.
Speaker 2: Jeremy tell us you have a special special day to be on the podcast because the legendary, the living legend, Johnny C McGinley has joined us. So, who do you have a question for three of the cast members of the TV show Scrubs.
Speaker 6: I do have a question with if I don't mind, just a quick background, I work with children with autism, and so we actually did research at my wonderful company and nonprofit Autism Partnership Foundation to research if we could change a kid with autism to like social things, not just toys or food. And so we actually stole from an episode that you guys did and got children to actually enjoy the social aspect of that instead of their favorite toy. So I guess my first question is Wow, Yeah, and it's published in a journal, so you can look at it hungry.
Speaker 1: Chicken at all.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. Good for you.
Speaker 6: I guess the first question is who came up with the hungry Chicken because we use it all the time.
Speaker 4: Wow, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that's Bill Lawrence. That came up with one of the writers, right am, I right, guys.
Speaker 3: Oh god, if you if you throw this ability, he's going to do a five bits now, you know, we got to limit him.
Speaker 2: We got a limit him. He doesn't get too many. That is a good question. I have no idea. I think it must have been one of the writers. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta throw it to Bill.
Speaker 2: So wait, just explain a little bit more. The children who have autism, you say they would they would rather interact with a toy, and you use this to give them a way to interact without having a toy involved.
Speaker 6: We both think like children thought to them only like toys or only want food, and they only use that to motivate them. But we know we can motivate them socially too, because they need to be social and it's a social disorder. So we would take the hungry chicken and we would have do it with a friend of theirs and then see if after we did it with them they would pick that or favorite or their favorite toy. And so we were able to show like by really selling it and really do and a lot of hungry chicken that they would pick a social motivator instead of like food or M and M's, which is.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Well, now, I really wish I could take credit for inventing that, because that's a very inspiring story.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Do you have another question for us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I do. So You've talked a little bit about the music on the show, and I just think the music on the show is great. And Zach just to say, I think the Garden State soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks ever.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's a mixtape. Hold on, it's a mix tape.
Speaker 2: It's a mixtape. I want a Grammy for moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you yeah, if you want to mix tape Grammy, you.
Speaker 2: Want to mixed Well, I didn't even know they had a mixtape Grammy, but it turns out they do.
Speaker 8: And you won that ship I did, I did, You've held it, I have, I got, I got thet I got the I got the fucking first award in my egot.
Speaker 2: I didn't think was going to be my first. I thought it might be my last.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: If you get when you get the E got, you already got the Grammy, right.
Speaker 2: I thought I was gonna have to do like a book on tape.
Speaker 4: Jeremy, do you know what a he got is?
Speaker 6: Of course I mean Grammy, Oscar Tony.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, but thank you, thank you, Jeremy. I I donald ruined my praise from you, and I want to thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It was it was shocking to everyone involved that that soundtrack was so successful, but I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: It really is a good soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 6: Do you guys just like already have a song in mind you know when that episode comes, or do you listen to a song and you know, oh, that'll be a great song to add to a soundtrack one day.
Speaker 2: I think what happens is there There were some writers that were involved. There was of course Christa Miller who plays Jordan and is Bill's wife, and she's very very into it and very good at it, and Bill and then the editor, and then I think what happens is you sort of this is the way I do it for my films as well. You sort of build a big ass playlist of potential songs. You feel like, oh, these would be great for a montage or ooh this is a really moving song for somewhere you don't really know, and then when you get in the edit, you start to go, let's try that song. And then you see and I always jokingly have a goosebump detector. You can listen to twenty five songs and they're like, Okay, that's okay, and then all of a sudden you watch it and you just get goosebumps up and down your arm and you go, Okay, well, that's obviously a contender. And that's a lot of trial and error, a lot of trial and error. And these days it's even harder because so many people are doing it that when I made my film Wish I was Here, we would try it and we'd fall in love with the song, and then we'd look up online. I was like, oh no, it's been used in Gray's Anatomy, It's been used on this It's been used in this movie. So it's even harder now because you got to find music that hasn't been done to death in being used with film.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think a really a really good example that is Joshi is your friend Joshi and the different music he brought to the show.
Speaker 1: Zachi was just astonishing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joshua Raydon was a a is an artist that we love a lot. And actually, Johnny, I don't even know if you know this trivia, that his song Winter, which is in that famous episode where we where we lose Brendan Fraser, was the first song you'd ever written.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, thank you because he wasn't the one hit wonder dude.
Speaker 2: Well this many years yeah, this many years later.
Speaker 6: I loved his cover on alex Inc. That first episode.
Speaker 2: Just oh of Bob Dylan, thank you. You're you're the so you're the guy that was watching alex sink. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: My wife and I who's really sad she couldn't be here, but she's actually a second year resident, so she's off at the hospital.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah, well, thank you, and thank you for being such a fan of of all things Scrubs and alex Inc And Garden State.
Speaker 6: I really shit that and all you guys guys are amazing.
Speaker 4: Man, you don't even know my name.
Speaker 2: That was Jeremy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: We were just watching Can't Hardly Wait. My wife is not from America. We were watching Can't Hardly Wait it and I forgot you were in it.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. That's the best way to that's great, that's great. It was right, it was going right.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, He's like. I turned to my wife and I was like, did you remember that Tay Diggs.
Speaker 4: Is in this movie? All right, Jeremy give it up? Thundrous applause Dan for Jeremy, Me.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, stay safe and keep doing the beautiful work you're doing with with autistic children. And thank you so much for for the kny words.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you so much for having me. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thanks buddy. Well, guys, I think we did it. We've gone it, We've gone along. The people seem to love it. Whenever I say I've gotten a lot of chatter on my Insta saying stop, saying you've gone too long. We don't want you, guys to stop, but.
Speaker 3: We want to.
Speaker 2: You know, I had a great acting teacher. He used to say, give him ten minutes less than they want.
Speaker 4: Was this great acting teacher that you have ever on scrubs?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: But the way did you know that?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I thought you may have forgotten with your stoner brain.
Speaker 1: Who did who did? Who was your acting teacher? And who did?
Speaker 5: I had I had the privilege to work with Zach's acting teacher though David Downs.
Speaker 4: David Downs I work and who did David play?
Speaker 5: He played the one whose kid was in a coma or broke his Uh, I don't, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I directed the episode. Was this wasn't the epic Heather Graham one?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: It was like he broke his son, either broke his back or I I forget what it was. But you know, he asked me to be honest with him, right, and he was like his one line. I remember the part of the interaction we had. He said to me, do you shave your head because it's cool or because you're bold?
Speaker 2: And I go, yeah, it was a really good episode. We'll have to figure out what it was. But yeah, David Downs was my acting teacher at Northwestern and also a beautiful actor, and so I had him do a guest star on Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 9: I always feel like one of the great gifts of being mister Bulger sorry, either a hit show or producing a movie is throwing talented friends, not just random friends, talented friends, putting them on your piece.
Speaker 1: And I did it with a half a dozen actors on.
Speaker 3: Scrubs and then if people are right, I do it all the time with the movies I'm producing too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have some very talented friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've done quite a posse of Sorry, I just don't interrupt. Oh I know what it was why it was special? It was the Wizard of Oz episode. Joel is telling us in the chat. It was mister Bulger and his son was brain dead and it's almost brain in. It was the it was at season five, episode seven. If you're listening and are curious, it was. Yeah, it was I that that epic Wizard of Oz episode.
Speaker 4: But Johnny, mister.
Speaker 1: Bulger would be an homage to Ray Bulger that Wizard of Us.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, it would be.
Speaker 5: Now, Johnny, Johnny, you have a lot of you have a lot of friends that like are almost like mentors to me, like Eric Lasal, Michael Beach. These are people that you've known, yeah, since you like out of college or you went to college with a lot of these guys.
Speaker 3: Eric and I, Eric and I went to college together, right, and uh, that's he's my guyn.
Speaker 5: And these guys are like, these guys are like, you know, uh, mentors to me, Like you know, when I was a young actor. Michael Beach was one of the people when I was doing Waiting and Exhale. I was like, well, this is what you need to do if you want to be successful. Stop smoking that damn cigarette that you're holding onto Like I was smoking cigarettes, like I want to be a movie star, smoking a cigarette a table read.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh, you want to be a movie star. Put the fucking cigarette down, dude, Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike, Mike is no lie. Mike has no.
Speaker 4: Straight up, straight up Johnny.
Speaker 2: I remember I was ticking the other day. You were on a movie, a big movie, the one that took place at the motel with Cusack and all.
Speaker 1: The Identity Jim Jim Engle directed.
Speaker 2: Identity, and it's a really good movie. I recommend to you. I I liked it a lot, but I was I. I remember you said you want to come visit the set because the set was really cool. Even though it looks like it's all outside, it was all in a giant soundstage and it was all pissing rain the whole time. And uh, and you said you gotta. You said you got to come see this set. It's really cool, and I was like, I can't believe I'm allowed to. And uh, And I came to visit you one day on set and it was just so cool, And I just I thought of that because I know a bunch of your buddies.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, it feels like you and your posse often cast each other in each other's films.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think if your posse is talented, I mean there's there's some outliers, then then yeah, good audience, it's gonna it's gonna make life.
Speaker 4: I like that too.
Speaker 2: I like to use the same people over and over again.
Speaker 1: But you didn't use Donald in Garden State.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, here you go.
Speaker 5: Thank you John, Oh God, thank you John, Thank you very very much like Oliver Stone used John c McGinley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many times, so many times.
Speaker 4: Made you would think that Zach Braff would take a hit, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: You know, I want you to be the I want you to be the Johnny c McGinley to my Oliver Stone.
Speaker 4: You say that now, but I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 2: How many movies did you do with him?
Speaker 1: John? Six?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's incredible, incredible, And there's some and they're six of the best. What about talk radio. I was thinking about you and talk radio the other day. I was thinking about you in seven. For those of you who don't remember, Johnny's in one of my favorite movies, seven Shot. Take the shot and then Johnny, you go, I don't know if you improv did you improve this? When you go somebody? Oh, somebody I did. That was incredible. He's in the chopper right when uh, right, when the ship goes down with there wasn't the box was in the box.
Speaker 3: And then David David gave us as much rope as we wanted to hang ourselves with. He he lets the actors run and then he'll chop it together and post, but he lets you run.
Speaker 5: There were two scenes, so you're in the chopper, but you're also in when they bum rushed the room too, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the emaciated guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'll never forget. I remember getting goosebumps when you know this before I even knew you, Johnny, and you were and you go, oh my god, somebody call somebody, and I was like, that's such a good look.
Speaker 1: With the emaciated guy.
Speaker 3: David found out there was asbestos in that building and he wasn't down with it. So we shut down for a while and found another building, and.
Speaker 1: That was a hole to do. That was a complete clusterfuck when he found out there was asbestos in that building.
Speaker 2: You know you have but you know you have budget when they're like, there's asbestus in the building, which shutting down. I've never been on a movie that had that power. But again, I'm no Fincher man. I love Fincher and Man, I love that movie. That's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody shines in that movie.
Speaker 2: What's in the Box. On that note, we love you all for listening. Keep chatting us on on install. You make us laugh. And if you have a question scrubs iHeart at gmail dot com. Joel will decide if your question is worthy for air, Right Joel, Joel yields all the power. Don't yell at me and Donald. We don't do anything, Joel.
Speaker 5: A lot of people like the fact that we talk Star Wars too. I'm just gonna put it out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that too. There was a lot of there was a lot of talk about I saw much to my dismay, I saw someone going. I really thought Donald and Joel's inside about Quigan. Joe whatever it is, was really interesting.
Speaker 4: Six seven night.
Speaker 2: That show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses in Canada who loving I said, here's the stories next.
Speaker 4: All should know.
Speaker 2: So gadder around you here, up gather around you here, up spect we want show Wiz and
Speaker 1: M