Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we got one walking in from therapy, we got one walking in from home home work. I had my appointment with Roman done done, done, Oh so much to catch up on KB go oh boy, you would lead with me the emotionally tender one.
Speaker 3: I would just like to say, it is hard to not have family.
Speaker 2: Oh like here to help or just like any even want to cry.
Speaker 3: I just texted Janna this the other day because I was like fucking tired of not being able to count on people. It's really hard, and I know I'm not the only one dealing with it, and so I just feel like it's a moment of just real tearful honesty that it just sucks to cycle breakers into the people that I am positive for me forward, my family legacy changes, in the dynamic of my family changes. But it is hard, king work, and it's exhausting and it's lonely. And that's what therapy was today. I just was like, I'm just.
Speaker 2: I'm not lonely in my marriage.
Speaker 3: Our marriage is actually really in like probably the best place it's ever been, but like it's hard, you know, like there's a weekend coming up where Preston is gone doing what Preston does to provide for our family. And I have to somehow be downtown Nashville at a two day cheer competition and also be at a baseball game thirty minutes away. And it's just me and I'll be doing all that with a toddler on my hip. And even if I can send someone or have someone take legend to his game, that's not his family.
Speaker 1: Sure, and you don't want you want to be both places?
Speaker 3: Yes, is also I'd like to be in four places, one of which is at home, allowing my toddler to have a nap in her crib. That's a lot. Sorry, I didn't plan on crying, but I'm just frustrated. It's just it's just hard, and I don't like feeling stuck, and I don't like feeling impossible. And certainly I can pay people to come get my kids and take them. But and even if I think this is the hardest part from you right now, I don't have a strong crying voice.
Speaker 2: I think even if I did.
Speaker 3: Recruit a grandparent, they don't have close relationships with those people, and so it doesn't matter if they're family and air quotes or not because my kids don't they don't know my kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear, I feel that on that.
Speaker 1: So that's what I was going to not to disc I don't know if it would sound like I was discounting your feelings.
Speaker 3: That is a flood of emotion really fast. Sorry, but this is like I haven't been able to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't want it to sound like I'm discounting. Just those are all valid. But I feel like for me, even though I may have a parent that's there, that doesn't fill that void. No, and that's unfortunate, you know. I mean, it's a person there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have a brother who hasn't met my third baby, and sometimes I am I protect that information brother, Yeah right, And sometimes I protect that information, but like part of me doing that is just perpetuating the cycle of dysfunction. Like I don't need to protect him. Isn't met my daughter. And last time we saw the other brother on the other side was four years ago until like two weekends ago. Like it's lonely, yeah, and I have the best friends. Like God, I fully believe he supplements any lack with just abundance in all the other areas, But like that doesn't make me wish that there wasn't a grandparent that could just that knows them and knows the routine and the rhythm of the house or whatever. And I think people go through this for a lot of reasons, whether you're transplanted into an area you didn't grow up in, or you've lost parents, or or it's unhealthy and you've set those boundaries for yourself. But like, it just sucks, and I don't I do not like the word impossible. I am highly allergic to it. So when something starts to feel that way, I just I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I'm a doer.
Speaker 3: I like to move pieces and make solutions and and sometimes it's just hard. And that's what I just walked in with the Amy today. I was like, it's just hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, I obviously relate to a lot of that. Our family isn't here. Even when they are, it's yes, not the most helpful piece, but that's you know how many times they come once maybe a year. Yeah, But on the side of that is you know, games at the same time, different places I've got, you know, my husband is now doing his clinics at night, so it's okay, and I also need roaming down, so I've been changing hours so that she can stay you know, later, or I take him sometimes, but it's like all right if she's there. So it's like trying to coordinate. It's a lot when you don't feel like you have anybody here to help, even and that's already kind of like a truth to me. And you know, it's already a sting even though we can hire. It's just it's still a sting on top of it because even if they it's not like we can just call because I know what I I know who I will be as a grandparent. Correct, I will be very close. I might not live in the same area. I would like to hope that I will. But when there is let's just say spring season of whatever sports, I'm going to make sure that I'm staying for a couple of months to help or to be there or to watch. I can't imagine my dad, mom, I'm not seeing any either, Like then they don't. It doesn't even seem like they care, just come see a game or you know.
Speaker 3: I think that's also tricky because then it's Preston that reminds me it's not that they're just missing the kids. They're also missing a daughter. Yeah, like I say, your dad and your your and I'm like, man, I was.
Speaker 1: I was about to correct and say, my dad is the single best at taking all the grandkids' schedules. Now there's a lot of them, so he will miss things, but he is at everything that he can, so I will get you know, and my mom does her best as well. I think my point was more that for me, I'm still going to feel the same way that I can't be there, regardless if my parents are there or not sure, And I don't know if maybe they had a stronger like personal bond though he's there all the time though my mom is there. I don't. I wouldn't say they have the strongest bond, but I think that was kind of my thing. I think that I still I don't. I'm sure I feel differently than you all. I'm trying. I'm trying not to like sound insensitive, because yes, my dad goes to as much as he can.
Speaker 2: You have family here, though, so it's about one.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent exactly. It's like, and it's help whether they're super close or not. I have that help here and I've had that help here, and that is a tremendous help and difference from you guys one percent. Uh, Like, I can't even imagine, honestly not having that. Now that my kids are older, it's gotten, you know, a lot easier, and I don't need that as much. But when they're little, God, that piece is so it is so helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah, it's just a I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just felt lonely and I don't love it. But it's also like there's like what can you.
Speaker 1: Do about it? Well, it's also as the sports and as you have more kids, and as the sports get really busy, they start overlapping. And it's so funny because I was so ahead of everyone on this, and like, you know, I love logistics, so to me, it's like a puzzle that I to an extent enjoy piecing together. But when you can't be in two places at one time no matter what, it is so hard.
Speaker 2: Same got she's got a game, Nolan's fault, and then he's over there at the exact same time, same day, and then like nap time for romance, he's out. A'm like, what do I do? How do I do it? How do I stretch?
Speaker 3: And here's the deal and I'm gonna have to like drop him. I think I have the solution. Ish. My prayer is that cheercomp is early and we go first, and that I can just get out early before I won't know anything until literally that day probably and then I can still. I always feel like God does move pieces from me, So I don't want to sound ungrateful either, because he's very busy untangling and behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: And even if Preston was here, that's going to help, because you're going to feel like a parent is there, You're still going to wish you could go to both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I wis you think a lot of moms are also going through this as well, so to know that you're not alone and absolutely when you stress out, it's kind of your kids are active, like that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Love only does two cheer comps a year, so I'm like, it's not like you know, like I really, it's like they're so not that there. They wouldn't be special if there was more. But I also am like, it's not even like I can take her.
Speaker 1: Very few When they're like very few, it does feel very.
Speaker 3: Like I couldn't even take her out. I wouldn't because we're part of the team. But it's like, there's just I don't love that feeling. Yeah, and I'm going to have a baby at a cheercomp no matter what. Anyways, for that straight hot out of therapy, wait my question, and I just.
Speaker 1: First of all, let me know when this sheer comp is. I want to try to come out an anti can.
Speaker 2: Watch it because I still haven't seen her.
Speaker 1: And then i'll also unless it's the same weekend as isn't this.
Speaker 3: Week in which we have another schedule yet overlapping.
Speaker 2: So I started watching White Lotus the first the first season. I feel like I I know, so I feel like I do this with every show. I did it with Yellowstone, I didn't watch until last season. I did this with Ted ted Lasso started last season and I started, have you seen White Lotus? No, person, you gotta started? It's so good? See how you explain? But it is so good. But it's so good. But anyone's explanation didn't make me want to watch it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how to explain it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just it's so good.
Speaker 1: It is so good. I always the first one was my favorite.
Speaker 2: That's what I remember you saying, so I've already prepped. Alan like, hey, I don't think season two is going to be bad. It wasn't bad, Okay, I'm a I'm excited to watch it. But the show I really want to talk about is Adolescence. I haven't watched because it's a it's a mom uh. It's a show that I think all moms should watch and number one right now. And Dad's yes, absolutely, and Dad's good point. It is on Netflix. It's the number one TV show right now. It's actually a UK show. Alan's like, hey, it's the UK show. We should watch it. Awesome. Knew nothing about it. The last episode I was in just a puddle of tears. It really makes you think about your parenting. But also if I need that right now. But it's good. I think it's good for the a lot of it. Well. I don't want to give it all away obviously because I want people to watch it, but I think it's I think it's scary. The world that our kids are growing up in was with social media and how bullying you don't even know that it could be bullying with just a simple emoji, and that's the things that you know. We're all learning these new words that kids are coming home with or no cap cramer, what's that mean? That's good. I'm proud of me. I don't even know what hapabi mean. I just know in a sentence, well, one they thought that someone was bullying someone, but really you find out that this girl was actually bullying him. And I won't tell you what happens, but it's wild though, because I was I was reading some things online and the entire time I did not want to believe that it was him, and I kept saying, it's not him, It's going to be something else that happens, and it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Which is the point I know in the show, which is so messed up because I'm like.
Speaker 2: You know me, so cute and like he would never and it's my boy.
Speaker 1: And just the relationship between the child and a parent and the relationship that you think that you have and then what you think, you know, what you think your child is capable of, and what they're not. For that to just be completely flipped upside down. I mean, this show wrecked me.
Speaker 3: It absolutely right then I can do that right now, but I'll put it on my list.
Speaker 1: And you may not be able to. But I will say, as emotionally hard as it was. I think it's so important for people to watch.
Speaker 3: I'll do I'll watch things when I know they're important. I just maybe.
Speaker 1: But you're also a little bit not there yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, either, I want to know, like it is not bliss to me.
Speaker 1: So but here's the thing. We're all and that's the thing. I'm in the thick of it, and I'm ignorant to half of it. And that's what's so hard, Like everyone kind of is. Do you see that all.
Speaker 3: Parents before us felt this way that they thought they knew but they probably didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's the extent. Yeah, I think it's just exponentially more layered and crazy. I got to be honest, though, And this is a sad piece that I was talking to Jolie about last night, because we were getting ready to go to Jas's baseball game. And so I like to have them have dinner when they get home from school, just because they're always asking for a snack anyway. So I usually have a dinner ready and made because then we're not eating at eight o'clock at night. So I make them a dinner or whatever, and we're eating last night I can't remember how I chnology came up in the conversation or about kids. And one day, when you're a mom, you'll understand. And I said, you know what, Jolie, actually never mind, I said, because mommy grew up. Remember how we talked about this. I was like, mommy grew up with no cell phones, no real internet, no you know, we played outside. And so that's why I'm always saying to you guys, go outside, go outside, don't be on you know, know none of this stuff. And this is why you won't have social media for a very long time. And I said, but unfortunately, you'll you'll never be able to say that to your kids because it's going to be a whole another layer of technology and you'll never know, not no technology. And I was like, oh, that's such a sad moment. It's weird. She'll never not know, never know technology like we did. And will will that then generation be at saying to go outside? I don't think so it's wild.
Speaker 3: I've been going through our attic space and I've been seeing all these pictures of me when I was young. Yeah, I thought, oh my god, I was stunning, Like if anyone's young and listening just go where it to do it, h enjoy the collagen in your face. I was just so cute and I just didn't think I was cute. But it was funny because in this I had a very humboling moment as I'm standing there with love and she's like, so you just carried a camera around and I go we did, and she's like and then what And I'm like, wild right, and you took it to a store and you got the stuff.
Speaker 2: But I will just say back to the show though, it is about, you know, opening your eyes as a parent, really seeing what's gowy happening on social media, understanding things, and.
Speaker 1: I do want to say back to that point, things start to circle back around. For instance, you know, one of the top Christmas presents for young kids or like teenagers this Christmas was cameras. So they're so used to what they're used to, right, so it's like a novel, something different or whatever. You know. Emmy, for instance, Yeah, she's got her phone and she's whatever. But like when her friends call up and we're like, hey, let's go run around the neighborhood, She's.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, let's go. That's right. So I do think you can Capture the Flag, come back.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there's games like that that they do kind of so there's.
Speaker 2: Things that we keep parents running.
Speaker 1: We should do that and that I think that they will enjoy doing that are not just I think they'll get so used to so much technology, and I think it will suffer in a lot of help, make us suffer in a lot of ways. But I think that it'll help. I do think it'll come back around for them.
Speaker 2: Want to go outside and do other things, and all parents watch adolescents. Put that on your watch list. I have a whine about it, but I feel like it's going to be a little controversial. I love those let's.
Speaker 3: I like it when you're controversial.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't even know if I want to bring.
Speaker 3: It up and go.
Speaker 2: Unpinned. I need to say this in a way because I don't know who listens, and I don't want it to come back and have it be a thing. So I'm just going to pose a question, okay, and then we'll know. Okay, got it. I love it this way.
Speaker 3: I love this, Like, how does the detective work?
Speaker 2: If you are seeing another kid do something like hitting another kid and their parents aren't watching, do you say something to that other kid. Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: If you are seeing someone's kid hitting another kid, so it's not your your kid's not involved.
Speaker 2: I'm just making sure I'm clear that your child, yes, would not be involved. It is another your kid hitting another kid, and you're looking to see if the parent because we might or may or may not be watching a baseball game and the other kid is hitting another kid. Do you say something to that kid even though you're not the parent.
Speaker 3: I thought you're talking about my kid, So I'm like, yess is it siblings?
Speaker 2: Pardon? It's another teammate hitting another teammate. No one else has noticed.
Speaker 3: I say something.
Speaker 2: It depends I do.
Speaker 1: It depends for me.
Speaker 2: You also say something if you see that same kid pouring a juice box on top of another kid and hitting the kid on the head, parents still not noticing. Is it okay for you to come in and say, boys, keep your hands to yourself. Yep? No hitting? Is that okay? Okay to discipline somebody that is not your child?
Speaker 3: I don't think. I think disciplining is a really strong word for diab but I do have But I do. I guess there's a wine in it. But I just want to open.
Speaker 2: I want to open the topic of that because it made me question if that is okay or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you're disciplining. I think if you're just advising, you're coming in with your responsibility an adult to say something if you're seeing it over and over again, because that if the kid, if the kid that's getting the juice box poured on his head isn't able to say something, a very younger kid can't say anything.
Speaker 2: That's a separate kid. The other kid that he is hitting is just a team. And then somebody else's than the same kid, just a different little kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a responsibility as the village to say something because if you're the little kid who can't say something, you wished an adult would say it for you. And that is where I always stay passionate. And that could be childhood trauma, but I love sticking up for kids. I wouldn't come in and try to fix their situation necessarily, but I think how refreshing it would be that someone notices that happening.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree with you, but I'm afraid we don't live in that world anymore. And I think that you have to be willing to deal with the consequences of it. If I saw a child pouring a juice box on a younger child, I actually would step in. I would actually go up to that said child and I would say, hey, that's not appropriate, let's not do this, knowing darn well that that parent may not be okay with that. And we live in a world now where people don't give you permission to discipline their children.
Speaker 2: That was my fear.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've lived this as they've gotten older.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me more like there are.
Speaker 1: Plenty of instances where parents have stepped in, and parents have come and said, you're not necessarily me, but not your place. I think though, for me, if it is enough for me to want to say it to that child, and I am kind and I'm respectful, and I'm an adult and no adult is seeing it, fine, you can get mad at me. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Well, they're they're rebuttal to you is exactly the problem, exactly so, And I'm not this is if I'm seeing this person. I'm assuming we're seeing this one kid over and over and over again. I also don't know there's the kid's fault either, To be honest with you, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But guess what kids are going to continue with a behavior right if it is not corrected. And yes, the village mentality I would do anything to still have.
Speaker 3: And this isn't me going you sit down right now.
Speaker 2: That's just like, hey, buddy, I see I'm behind the cage right yeah. And again when I run the line like last year and I was in Jolisaw, I'm like, girls, listen up, like stop stop, like you know, get down from the gazoll, climb like we don't climb in the things. Get down like that's you know, because I'm like in it there, but I'm not in the cage. I'm just kind of observing. I'm sitting back. I don't like to talk. I like to just sit watch the game, you know whatever. And I'm observing this, not once, not twice, and so finally I just said, boys, keep your hands to yourself, no hitting in there, and then I thought, rap, no, I love that. Oh I think it's I don't know if I could if I should have said that, because and then the second time was the other was pouring the thing, and I said, I don't think your mama would like that, you know, And then that's when you know, I think the mom heard, and that's where I was like, crap, and is she upset at me for saying But I'm like this little kid who can't speak for himself because it was you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, is I don't think that's bad. It's like if you're in there and you like, have you seen the viral video of the high school basketball coach.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, like the new one pulling the girls. Oh my gosh, and that other girl that stood up for her is what stood out to me. That's what I'm This coach pulls, sorry to change them, but this coach pulls kind of in alignment because one of his player's ponytails, pulls her hair. This other player sees it, literally grabs her friend, pulls her away and starts like getting in the coach's face, like you know, I mean he got fired. Yeah, obviously we're living in a world that that is what I believe is probably one of single handling one of the things that's ruining us the most. I mean again, as long as you are respectful and you are kind, yes, and you were just making sure that this other childe, I see zero problem with it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not saying thinking like I'm sure at times, well, I hope, I hope not, but I'm sure at times, you know, I've like they don't the coach doesn't like them, you know, throwing the sand. They're an age boys, like, let's not throw sand whatever.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm sure at some point Jace has I hope not again, because I've raised them to always keep your hands to yourself, no pushing, no hitting like that is a big one in our household, Like we just don't do it. We can like wrestle, but like you're not hitting your sister, you're not hitting other people, You're keeping your hands to yourself at games, et cetera. And so I'm not saying this this kid is bad or anything like that. I just witnessed it, kept seeing it, and that's when it was like my own stuff to say, hey, I don't think you know, keep your hands and I do.
Speaker 1: Still yeah, I do, still go back. It kind of depends. I think that if it feels not so bad, I might not, but if it felt major, I might. So I do think it depends on the situation. But in going back to like, I don't think any kids are bad. I think all kids are good. They can make bad choices and they can do bad things, and I would hope that the parents are paying attention.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think in that situation, if I did step in, I did say something, and then the parent whatever, I would just say, hey, you know, I just I saw this. I wasn't sure if you saw. And if they get mad, they get mad.
Speaker 2: Well, because the same if that, if Jace was doing that, I hope someone would say that, and I'd be like, oh my gosh, Jay stop. If I looked away or was getting right because I get a chasing Roman at the last game, I would be like, buddy, stop, don't you know I personally would want that, but I just would want to bring up to your mom. I think in world second I said, it.
Speaker 1: Was like, I think we do live in a world now though you almost have to have permission to correct, you know, like I don't know behavior, but I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I think we just do a disservice to them to let them continue to do things like that, and I think it's better for them to know there are other people watching. The reality is other people will be watching as they get older too.
Speaker 1: I do think though, as they get older, it gets harder and you have to bite your tongue a lot more. Yeah, you can't imagine as much as they get older, as much as I have and I would like to, it gets much harder to do.
Speaker 2: Anybody else got a whine about it, I don't. I kind of it was more just like I liked it. I mean I then really whine about it was more a question did I do the wrong thing? But now I think it fits in there because it is like I think there's probably a lot of parents facing similar Yeah, and we've even done that with playdates.
Speaker 3: Like there's certain kids. I'm like, I don't want to not have that kid over anymore. But the fact that it's he's destructive to property is not okay.
Speaker 2: No, So we're just learning.
Speaker 3: But we've gone through that a lot with love too, Like we have a girl that isn't very kind and I've said to love, I was like, you know, the more that she gets away with it, it's a muscle just like kindnesses, and so you don't like, I don't want her to turn out, you know, not that this single situation or us as a family, but like just for her to learn that she could be nicer that the way she said it hurts your feelings or whatever, you know, a little sort of a community communication.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree.
Speaker 2: New couple alert, Oh, Shalne Woodley and Emily and Paris actor Lucas Bravo show off PDA in Paris. Gotta tell you, I thought it looked like Aaron Rodgers whenever I was like, oh, they got back together, cute, and I was like, oh wow, Gabrielle.
Speaker 3: It is Gabrielle, but he's wearing Packer colors, so it.
Speaker 2: Made me really little. Oh yeah, yeah, really threw us off. I love both of them. Have said that, and now I'm going to talk about another Emily. Emily and Paris another good show to watch. I wasn't a Gabrielle fan this last season.
Speaker 3: I think it's because he's mushy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do. I love them separately, so I think it's really cute.
Speaker 3: I also love that they're in Paris when the PDA was captured. Just felt very fitting. I agree, he's Lucas. You guys, Benny Blanco fans, did I say his name right? Benny Benny Blanco?
Speaker 2: You're not? Would that be hyper cool? Because I feel like Selena Gomez.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, poor guy, We're like is he a singer creamer, apparently he's got some new grooming uh done.
Speaker 2: In a hilarious new video post to the music producers TikTok, account Blanco can be seen getting his eyebrows plucked and shaved as his actress and musician fiance Selena Gomez stands in the background. So you know, he's getting his uh his glow up by his girl. And I think there's something wrong with it. Oh, I think that's cute. I think no, as long as he's fine. Have you ever suggested your husband to change something? Yes? Really?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course, like what he was super spray Tanny when I first met him, and I was like, this cannot we have to change. But it wasn't spray tan, so we have we're changing. The solution that was, Oh, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Anything else that wasn't even mean. I was just like, hey, I mean, yeah, dudes, don't know. Sometimes my husband's like fun to me though, like I really.
Speaker 1: Just like I don't like, I mean, my husband has not great style all the things. I just don't care. That stuff doesn't really bother me. I have suggested like, like I don't know hair stuff, but he has no hair, so there's that.
Speaker 2: I could never suggest anything to Alan like he because I mean, he has very thick wrinkles on his forehead, but that's also who he is and he's those forever and I personally love them. And you know, we had talked one time about something. He was doing one of my little face things that I use. He's like, does this actually work? And I was like, why are you are you worried about the wrinkles. He's like knowing, He's like, I would never do botox, but and he's like, but you know, I'll try this little wand thing. So we did it like once or whatever. But I would never say, like, you should get botox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. They're comfortable then they're comfortable with it's they're not confident.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but I mean yeah, if he was over spray tanning, I would be like, like, off the spray. Well.
Speaker 3: It was like there was a little bit of a grand theft auto period Preston went through before I got to him, and he was you know, he's a bachelor, and I was like, hey, this is just what we have to use instead. He's really fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think any of us would do if our husband's had a unibrow, would you make him pluck it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would suggest it. I wouldn't make him, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would never say. But also, like you guys, it's like, I'm at the age i'm going to have myself. I'm at the age where I'm getting the hairs on the change in chin, and I'm like, if y'all saw one, I would hope as a friend, you'd be like, hey girl, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: So that would be the helping out. Yeah, for sure, agreed. God, I would never want him to call that out though, that's what I say I would. I would just go sour.
Speaker 1: I mean would I'm sure and I would have I don't yeast him.
Speaker 2: I probably wouldn't.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, hey baby, it would be sweet. He's just so kind about me, right, yeah, yeah, and I'm kind about him.
Speaker 2: I wasn't like this, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I definitely wouldn't like it if if like, you know, because we all know him, I got my eyebrows done a while. If he came and was like, hey, your eyebrows, like, I wouldn't like that. So I would definitely be careful about how.
Speaker 2: My big thing is stink, like if you're stinky deodorant and stuff like that, Like if he was a natural deodorant, that would not work.
Speaker 3: When that works, that's clean, okay. And it hasn't been a game changer for me because throw me the secret. I'm on testa Huster own and it's I it's a different I hate it. I've never been secret. Mine's like, I don't even know what I use. I'm not any of the natural. I don't know whatever.
Speaker 2: Herd is not natural, That's what I'm saying. Mine's even worse. But I can't be honest. I just that's the one thing I wouldn't be able to handle.
Speaker 1: I wish they worked. If you've really found one, let us know.
Speaker 3: I really love it so far, and I'm like two weeks in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Question for the girls, how do you handle your young children when they make remarks about ghosts and hearing things. For example, my daughter is almost four and told me this morning that she heard someone from our garage calling her name. It was five point thirty in the morning, no one was out in the garage, but she was very adamant about hearing it and wanting to do and wanting to know who it was. She wasn't scared, just curious. I'm wondering how you handle that conversation, especially from a biblical standpoint. We are Christians and wholeheartedly believe in Jess. This in our home. Thanks love listening to y'all every week. Hey girl, it's a good question. That's a great question, a really good question.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget one time when Kayden young he said something about someone upstairs and we were like, well, we're never going upstairs again. But I've honestly never Yeah, I've never really encountered this though, other than that, you know, like say someone to say to speak. I mean, I don't know. He was so little, I don't remember. I remember we just like turned it. He was like a toddler, so like we just like we still laugh about it, but we didn't really have to have the conversation. It never happened again. Yeah, Ramsey is currently kind of scared and thinks that the other bedroom is haunted, so we like talk through that sometimes. But I've never had that situation, so I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I had it with my dad right after my dad died, Like literally moments after my dad died, I came out of the bathroom. That's where I was melting. And I came out to get to the kids and I can only get to the doorway. I just didn't have enough, like I was just sad. So I sat in the doorway and the kids came over to me. I was just loving Legend at the time in Preston. I mean, obviously that's the only two kids I had at the time. But we sat down in Legend was I don't even know how old guys young, like three and a half four, And he said, there's so many people here. And my husband was like, yeah, well, we're all here, buddy, like you know, me and love and Mama. And he said, no, there's so many people here. And the man's here. And he was like, who's the man, And he's like the man he just came through the garage. He's right here with us right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, like I just I mean, also not in a state to be feeling questions. But I feel like when it's happened to us, it's felt more like a visit than like a haunting. I sometimes think that even if we filter well what kids are watching, I think a lot of those things start to come through. Like they have such crazy, wild imaginations, like great imaginations, but like it can go the wrong way sometimes if they've seen anything like Goooby Doo, even it is spooky and like you know, like.
Speaker 2: My kids have ever sen Scooby Doo. I actually want to think about it now, it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Well, they always it's good because they always bust it sure, you know, like at the end, it's always like it was mister Smith in a big costume, you know, or whatever. Right, So I think it's like I don't know that I've had to feeld really well.
Speaker 2: What would you say if one of the kids asked about a ghost biblically.
Speaker 3: Speaking, Well, I do think I mean biblically and angels who told them that Jesus wasn't in the tomb anymore, so they do exist. I would maybe frame it more like that than I think. Ghost is probably where it gets a little tricky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always say angels and spirits, so I know spirits gets a little touchy. But with the angels, because I always say, you know, with the light would flicker and the kids would I'm like, oh, it's just Grandpa Martin just saying, hey, you know, like sometimes the angels and he's angels and when when someone was always asked about death before and now Jason's asked too, So you know, we just talk about heaven and angels and makes it less scary. They've obviously talked about monsters but never mentioned ghosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think their imaginations, especially young, are so wild, so like any noise could turn into something too.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what kind of happened to us with Ramsey is like you know, with like the air in a house, Yes, a door will open. Another, well, that door will slam. Yes, so the door slammed, and then she's convinced that there's ghost in there. But that was like she's a little bit older than like young, you know, I feel like that's little so she's so we just talked through it. Literally is the air, you know, like very practical, but I've never had like yeah, besides that, I haven't had like ghosts.
Speaker 2: That was a really point to go what you said, just to go back to her biblical standpoint on that. You guys, I had something that happened to me when I was about six, and to this day I'm still trying to figure it out. It drives me, and this just made me think about it all over again. Tell me we were in the backyard, and I still I mean I probably asked my brother, I'd say two summers ago. I was like, please just tell me what you did that day. Please just tell me it was you, because to me, I'm still questioning what I saw. So, oh, tell us. So I was in my backyard playing with the back boys because they were, you know, neighbors behind us, and my mom was inside the house, but my brother was kind of in and out with his friends. Right, So we're playing, we're playing, I look up in my mom's window and I just see a skeleton like face and like body just but like like up to here, so like up to like chest ahead and then it like disappears. So I go running up like mom, Mom, like what is like what is this? Nothing? She's like, oh, I'm in the kitchen or whatever. My brother like he's all of a sudden outside, and I'm like, who was in the who was in who was in the window? Because I still see it like as a kid like bones bones? Who was it? But it wasn't like a mask like that was the thing. It looked real, And I just remember like to this day, being like this is so freaky. Who the hell was it? Who put on a mask or what? Like, what was it? Skeleton? Okay?
Speaker 3: Does the skeleton exist in your house somewhere? Like even as a Halloween decoration?
Speaker 2: Weird? My mom hated Halloween, hated and it was in the middle of summer. Weird. To this day, I still don't like it and it still freaks me out.
Speaker 3: And there's no part of you that thinks you imagine it, like you know, this isn't me gas light in your childhood trauma.
Speaker 2: I know, like I literally know what I saw, and that's not I've questioned it up until my adulthood what I saw.
Speaker 1: And that's not like what you hear, Like it's not common to hear someone saw a ghostpit as a skeleton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I'm like, is there was there decorations, especially especially in my mom's room.
Speaker 2: Did you ever google? Have you ever googled?
Speaker 3: Like what it means, like the significance of seeing a skeleton? No want me to maybe it's like cool, like if you've ever it's never what you think, Like.
Speaker 2: I had a loose teeth, how I would just randomly see that it was clear as a day. Yeah, I don't know. I know it's wild, and I don't believe me.
Speaker 1: I believe I'm just trying to think of what logic. I believe in my mind just goes to you saw it? What logically could have happened? Could someone have had a skeleton and gotten up there?
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I never saw it. Again, I never saw the I mean, I just feel like I would have seen it, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe the front of this definition, we're just gonna scoop pass.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna need you to read the whole definition. No.
Speaker 3: Seeing a skeleton or the imagery of one often symbolizes death. This was a lot of life and death and the inevitability of transformation. Not bad, I like to I would rather thrust land here. It also can serve as a reminder to appreciate the present moment and the value of life. H So maybe those black boys just left a little timestamp the skeleton's there to say that's for real and we move forward.
Speaker 2: Does that feel like good closure? I feel like I need to reach out to one of the Bock boys and be like I should. I got Andrew, Josh and Brandon. Were they all with you at the dated, all three of them.
Speaker 1: Let's take it if you will.
Speaker 2: I thought one of those bock boys was somebody was messing with you. I hope so, yeah, were to have mercy anyways.
Speaker 3: However, we need to bring closure to that. We should do so, no closure, Let's return to our dearest reader, dearest gentle reader.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so sorry, reader.
Speaker 3: I do think what we have to do is frame it and foster the good in it and unless of the crazy.
Speaker 2: And that make it scary, just something when you remember as a kid so vividly, not you.
Speaker 1: This child is probably going to remember this so vividly and want to know who was talking.
Speaker 2: To her, and she wholeheardly believes. So let's just try to paint to not make her feel crazy and lean into whatever.
Speaker 1: We think it could.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it could have been.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if we were helpful at all, but I am. And we need to get a box on the line.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're good, Well see you next week. Bye bye,