Speaker 1: Hey guys, I'm Sabrina Brian and welcome to Once Upon a Headline, our brand new weekly podcast to get you caught up on everything Disney related.
Speaker 2: You see, I've scoured.
Speaker 1: The internet looking for new developments with Disney, plus the Disney Channel, Disney Stars, Disney theme parks, and of course Disney merch. Also, you don't have to. If Disney World announces a new ride, I'll be there. If Malachi Barton is somehow casted and yet.
Speaker 2: Another dcom, your girl will be there.
Speaker 1: And if Walt Disney himself is cryogenically unfrozen to announce a new Hannah Montana series, I will be scared, but just for you, I will be there. So let's get right into it. So some Disney Channel stars news you guys. First of all, my fellow Cheetah Girl, Raven Simone is getting a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. Actually, two Disney stars were selected. Both Raven and Kiki Palmer were selected as official honorees for the Hollywood Walk of Fame Class of twenty twenty seven in the Television category. This news was just announced end of July. The ceremony dates are going to be scheduled individually throughout twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Seven, Like, do you think that this is the ultimate like honor when it comes to being like a Disney star, because I feel like Disney stars don't necessarily always get regarded publicly like this.
Speaker 1: That is exactly what I was gonna say. I especially for me being within the same age demo as them, there hasn't been a lot of like peers of my age in general. I mean, these are young young women, I think to get this honor, and it's huge for Disney Channel.
Speaker 2: Stars to get it.
Speaker 1: These girls have done so much for the industry and for the Channel and really inspiring the next generation. It is so well, so well deserved, but also so new. I don't I can't think of anyone else has from the Channel this young.
Speaker 4: Has Hillary Duff gotten her Walk of Fame?
Speaker 3: Hillary, I'm not positive on. I know that Jonahs brothers and Miley recently got theirs in the past couple of years, But they also are musicians, right right, They've been global musicians, so I think they kind of got it for a little bit of both With Ray and Raven, it's like they really are while they have done music, it's kind they both.
Speaker 1: Have done music for sure, but they got this for their work on the TV shows for sure, and so that just seems very cool, very different, and hell yeah for it to be them. If they are the first ones from the channel to get this, I do think that this was the perfect too, to start hopefully recognizing more and more Disney Channel stars.
Speaker 2: All Right, So for Raven.
Speaker 1: Just giving you guys a little backstory with Raven as if you are someone who seriously doesn't know, I can't understand some of the Ravens notable Disney shows and movies are. Of course, that's so Raven. The Cheetah Girls, Raven's Home. She came back to redo her her character for that, and the new Cheetah Girls movie, The Cheetah Girls Next Gen. Who is not excited about this? I can't even understand, because this movie is going to be amazing, very stoked and this is so deserving and I'm really happy for her. This girl has been working in the industry since she was three years old, and she has rarely taken any kind of breaks. I mean, she is NonStop. She's done a stint on Broadway. I mean she's brought own her.
Speaker 2: She doesn't just.
Speaker 1: Come on and stars she produces, she directs, she I'm sure even rights. She has an incredible podcast now. I mean, this girl constantly works and has been working since the age of three.
Speaker 2: Give it up for her, because there.
Speaker 1: Is not a lot of people that are working as hard as Miss Raven Simone.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that even just that's just her Disney television, that is just her disight.
Speaker 2: And it's like herreer is.
Speaker 3: Already so stacked, and then you add in obviously the rest she's done.
Speaker 1: It's it's crazy little the Cosby's. Yeah, it was it hanging with mister Cooper. I mean, and she's just she's great in everything she touches. This didn't even include the Xenon franchise. She was in one and three of those movies. So this girl kills it on the channel for sure. Some of Kiky Palmer's notable Disney shows and movies. She was in the Disney d com jump In. We rewatched that so good. She's incredible. She's a star. She jumps out at you on on the camera or on the TV. She jumps out at you and she just has an energy that even from a young young age, you knew this girl was gonna eventually get to where she is now for sure. She also is uh the revival series of The Proud Family Louder and Prouder. She voices the reoccurring character Maya streaming on Disney Plus. The fourth and final season of ten episodes just aired on Disney Plus on July twenty ninth, So go check that out. Great character, so fun, some most a lot of people's favorite character on the channel when it comes to cartoons, And honestly, I really think I'm obsessed with her voice.
Speaker 2: Like her talking voice is.
Speaker 1: Just so magnetic and like anytime and it's so distinct. I could be not looking at the TV or like scrolling through Instagram or something, and something comes up, whether it's her new fabletic line that she has, and I as soon as I hear the voice, I don't even need to see it.
Speaker 2: I know it's Keky Palmer.
Speaker 1: Her voice is so distinct, such a great voice to be doing voiceover work, don't you think.
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, She's like just in the same way that you kind of Miley Cyrus has a very notable raspy voice. Right when you hear Kiky Palmer, you know it's her And I think that's why she has transitioned in a way that like, yeah, Raven was on a talk show I think, right, or something like that, But it's like Kiki has hosted her own talk show. Now, she has taken over as the host of Password. She's now been announced as the new host of The Voice right their celebrity edition, And she just brings such a cool vibe and personality that she was just made for, like not just acting, for just being herself being a star.
Speaker 1: Like honestly, she there's nothing I've seen of her where I don't go because I haven't really met her. I don't think I've ever met her, but she looks like a person that comes off off on the screen of she would be really cool to hang out with, Like I'd love to go to lunch with her, you know, Like she's funny and she seems like she's so caring. Everything that she posts like is just so endearing. Like I just I really am such a huge fan of her.
Speaker 2: But you're right.
Speaker 1: Kiki Palmer will hosts a special celebrity focused edition of the Voice titled The Voice Celebrity, scheduled to premiere on NBC in Spring twenty twenty longtime host Carson Daily will remain with the show as a producer.
Speaker 3: Sabrina, would you ever participate? Could we expect you to? Like people have the masked singer and now we're having the celebrity voice, which I think it might be cooler because you don't have to be in those absurd costumes.
Speaker 2: But I feel like.
Speaker 1: Being in the costume would be so fun, like being able to kind of psyche people out and see I remember they someone actually asked if I was one of the characters one time on the show, was like, are you Sabrina Brian from the Cheetah Girls, which cracked me up because I just think that's so like obviously very cool, very fun, but like, it would be so fun to do the mask. I can't imagine how hot it is in there, but yeah, I mean doing these shows are fun. It would be interesting. It's always scary to do the first of it, though, right, Like I was able to go with Dancy with the Stars to a taping. Look at what it's like, get a little idea of what the celebrities go through on show day versus before I did the show.
Speaker 4: You know, So doing the first season of something you have.
Speaker 2: Like an extra level of anxiety. But maybe you never heard a.
Speaker 3: Path you opened up for Disney kids all Dancing with the stars. You open that pathway and they have continued to dominate, and they they will continue.
Speaker 1: So it's almost like if you go on from the channel, you know you're gonna like get close to the final at least at this point.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They are such heavy hitters on that show, all right. Headline number two from People, A new home alone movie starring mccullay Culkin is in the early stages at Disney. You guys, who else is freaking out about this? It is something we have wanted for years, let's call it even decades. A source tells People that mccully's pitch has an almost green light from Disney. The source says that Disney loved mccolly's idea and everyone wants.
Speaker 2: To see this happen.
Speaker 1: This pitch includes McCully reprising his role as Kevin McAllister Ooh Kevin. He actually publicly talked about one idea for a sequel, saying in a twenty twenty five event that it would center on his character as a father who gets locked out of his own home with his son setting trapped so he can't get back in Ooh, that is so funny.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: It almost feels like what every parent feels like, Like my dad always says like ooh, hey, bacsa, because things happen that you do not expect to happen when you're a parent and you look back at your childhood and go, I did that exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I say it comes back around, right, It's like whatever you did, your kids do it like tenfold.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, do we like this plot, Lisa, or what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: I think it's hard because we're in this age when everything is a reboot or a sequel or something. And they did try to do some kind of home alone theme, like they've done multiple in the franchise, right, just calling it home Alone throughout the years, and then even a couple of years ago I think they tried to do another one that bombed. So I think the only way to make this work is to have Mac back, And if he's willing, I think he's He's so funny, he's embraced it like we need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And having the original cast members back make a huge difference. You start recasting, you lose the magic of what made these movies so special.
Speaker 2: So if he and not.
Speaker 1: Just back but like producing, working, being super hands on, he knows what's gonna work, I feel and he's the one that's gonna make this so incredible. We in need this to happen. If there's anyone from Disney that could help us, please put this through and make it green. I don't want almost green. I want green. I want to know. I might have to make some calls. Yeah right, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: I wish all right?
Speaker 1: Moving on from deadline, Okay, this is something I'm so excited about. This was one of my favorite shows growing up, so I would love for my daughter to have her own cast to fall in love with. Guys, The Mickey Mouse Club returns. Disney Plus orders pilot for reboot of kids show that made Britney spears. Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling and so many more amazing artists and actors famous beyond famous gave these people their starts, and it's returning with a new group of mousecuteers. Production for the pilot was said to have started in July, so they are currently in production.
Speaker 4: You guys, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, if I can get a pass to get on that stage, I will freak out.
Speaker 3: I've already seen videos people have filmed because they're filming in the middle of like Disneyland, and people have just stumbled upon on these big dance numbers.
Speaker 1: So yes, I've seen things on Instagram. It looks amazing.
Speaker 2: The cast looks adorable.
Speaker 1: The pilot features eleven new youngsters, including Hudson Stone, Casey Trotter, and Brooklyn Pits, all who star in Disney's upcoming Camp Rock three. So we're gonna fall in love with these kids before they even get out and we get to see where they're real big project, the new Disney Mickey Mouse Club, and I'm so excited. A full series green light depends on the pilot's success. So if you guys want this, we got to back it because this that show was so fun and it would be amazing. And I it was filmed I think in Florida, was it? Yeah, in Florida, so I of course never got an opportunity, but I want to say there was a live audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they were doing musical numbers. They were I remember I still have the DVD I have a dvdst hits of Mickey's Club. Of course it's Justin and Ryan and JC.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't I, Right, of.
Speaker 3: Course, it was such a fun show and it was like basically that and like all that were the kids versions of SNL, right, but this one obviously.
Speaker 2: Had way more music and us driven. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was very, very cool, and they did try to reboot this also. This is something they tried a couple of years ago too during COVID. Unfortunately, I think so it was only like YouTube as well, and it just didn't have the same vibe. So I'm hoping with this one, when it seems like they're already in the park doing these big numbers and stuff, they will have that kind of old school feel. Plus they're smart bringing in some kids that people are gonna know. Right of course, they already have that attachment. So I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm actually I am interested. It's interesting to know that they're they're all part of Camp Rock three versus like being like one from Zombies, one from Descendants, like thinking about their big franchises, Like, it's interesting to know that they're all from the same one, right, I feel like, but I guess it's just that's how fresh the faces are.
Speaker 2: Camp Rock three was just filmed.
Speaker 4: What a year ago is that when it was filmed, So they are going to be.
Speaker 1: The freshest of fresh faces, all right. Moving on, our Halloween festivities getting earlier and earlier, I think so I feel like I will actually be going to the park this week, this week, so I am very very certain. Last year, I feel like the festivities for Halloween started the week of my daughter's birthday that we were in at hal at A Disneyland, and that was the week I think we went there the twenty fourth of August. And I will let you guys know, if this stuff has come out so far, you we are gonna see something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm going to look out for food items that will be there that are definitely driven from Halloween or there's probably gonna be some I bet you Pawned Mansion will probably start having they trickle those in pretty quickly. So, I mean they're getting early and earlier. Wow, too early, so so early, It's I'm not ready for it, right, Like when you start seeing stuff before it's fourth of July for Halloween in the fall, it's like can we have her, like American Birthday for the love God, like before you start seeing fall stuff, like give me a break?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, Disney has announced that twenty twenty six Halloween season dates for both domestic resorts. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Walt disney World runs on select nights from August seventh through.
Speaker 2: October thirty first.
Speaker 4: It's already happening, you guys.
Speaker 2: Literally, what did I just say?
Speaker 1: The first week of August we are getting Halloween stuff. Bestivities include Trick or Treat trails, Mickey's.
Speaker 4: Boo to You Halloween Parade, and Disney's Not.
Speaker 2: So Spooky Spectacular Fireworks. Wow.
Speaker 1: Halloween Time at Disneyland Resorts runs from August twenty first through August thirty first, twenty twenty six. So I guess I'm gonna miss it this week. If disney World is already starting the party, Disneylands holding off just a bit, Thank you, Disneyland. Festivities at Disneyland resorts include Plaza Day Familia at Disneyland California Adventure August twenty first through November second of twenty twenty six. One of my favorite nights of the year, Ogie Boogie Bash select nights from August eighteenth through October thirty. First, you don't know what Ogi Boogie Bash is. You have to get separate tickets, so even if you get a park ticket for the day, you have to have a special ticket.
Speaker 2: It's a wristband.
Speaker 1: I feel like you get into it a little early, but the party starts around six once. If you don't have that Uggie Boogie pass. Let me tell you, they get you out of that park. You they've got They've got like bright passes on our right wristbands, and if you don't have one, they are scooting and skedaddling you through different areas of the park all to just cut you out. Because it is just a like ticket only party and it is so fun. I will say the trick or treating is worth it you. There are so many trick or treating areas if your kids love to do that or you're just kind of like getting them. When we went, Ledger was like one and a half and he was just kind of understanding, like getting the tickets, trying, you know, trying to say.
Speaker 2: Thank you and whatever.
Speaker 1: And it was really fun to have him have his first like Halloween experience before we actually went trick or treating.
Speaker 2: That was really fun. It's a great night. I love it. The villains are out.
Speaker 1: They make it so special, and it's really really worth it, I think. Speaking of villains, the new Disney Villains collection is also now available at Disney Parks and Disneystore dot Com. This collection includes home decor, apparel, collectibles, keepsakes, and accessories. It's such a fun night. Halloween is so fun at Disneyland. I am so for it. But no, we do not need it before September. I'm sorry. We gotta take things like we are just getting end of summer and getting back to school ready. I cannot think for actually two months ahead into the Halloween.
Speaker 2: It's just not me. I like my holidays separated.
Speaker 3: You don't want to shop back to school and Halloween at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, once we're back in school, like even if it's the last week of August, everyone's back in school, then we can venture into the fall and get into you know, Halloween. But I can guarantee you if we go to a store like Hobby Lobby right now, there are Thanksgiving and probably Christmas stuff is already starting to come out, which drives me crazy. How can you like appreciate and enjoy each Halloween at a time. If it's getting sworn by the other ones, I'm not.
Speaker 3: It's all about commercialism and selling stuff. You know, It's true. For me, all the stuff you just read, the only thing I cared about was.
Speaker 1: The merch, right, The merch is so great, it's so fun. There's so many It's like more and more stuff too, which is awesome. But yeah, I know, not ready for it. It's August. I'm hot. It's not supposed to be that hot during Halloween.
Speaker 3: That's the problem with California as well. I think if you lived somewhere else, maybe you wouldn't mind it.
Speaker 2: But what about Walt disney World.
Speaker 4: Walt Disney World's already starting too. It's hot there, hot and humid.
Speaker 2: Ough, it's even worse. It's even worse.
Speaker 1: And you're thinking about Halloween like getting your kid in like a costume, Like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: No, no, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: Well that was so fun, you guys, this is something I am so excited. Of course, I do seriously live all things. Disney will make fun of me, but I don't care. It is literally my life. I have reservations for I already have my maxed out six reservations for August to be at the parks.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm constantly watching. As soon as I get in, I turn on Disney Plus for my kids, we figure out what movie or show we're watching. It is literally all that exists within my family and my life, and I have no regrets about it. It is so fun and I'm so excited to always follow, you know, fellow Disney Channel stars where their careers have taken them, where they're going next. And of course, just like this with Peeky and Raven, the accolades that are coming and they are getting seen and really just honored in such a special way. And I'm so so excited for everyone and all of their success. So stay tuned, can't wait to hear and see what happens next within the Disney World. Here on Once Upon a Headline. Thanks for joining.
Speaker 2: Bye,