Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and get Katy. I know he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: The website Boston dot com is saystaking hey, what is the best of Boston movie tournament style bracket? And they have asked that you please stop writing in your mother sex tape.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny. Yeah, I'm looking at the guy, Katie. This is the guy that walked away from the plane crash where it looks like everybody else died. Not amazing. He's literally walked away like, Wow, that sucked. I should probably go to a hospital. He's talking to people. People are talking to him like and they're frantic, and he's he's slightly dis oriented, and yeah, they took him to the hospital, probably thinking, you know, maybe he's got some brain trauma or hurt his back or something. But here is he's standing up talking to people before somebody said, yatta, go to the hospital. He looks fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and his brother was seated somewhere else on the plane.
Speaker 5: And it looks like everybody else is dead. Two hundred and forty two people.
Speaker 4: The Miracle of the seat eleven A.
Speaker 5: I gotta charge more for that seat on every flight from here on out.
Speaker 2: That's sick. You're sick. That's not funny, that's sick. The old That was the slogan of the National Lampoon magazine by really nineteen seventies. Yeah, yeah, oh man, I love that magazine. So a quick just to take a quick look at some news stories that we've talked about previously or haven't yet, But US has begun evacuating non essential staff from embassies and military basis throughout the Middle East as tensions rise with Iran. Would not surprise me an iota to hear at any point today that explosions were seen at the what you call it a nuclear site in Tehran, probably be Israel with our go ahead. It's not our active help. Trump announced a successful end of trade talks with China today, Saya saying, China will supply the US with crucial rare earth minerals. Wow, the US will allow Chinese foreign students to attend US colleges and universities. China said, wait, what, No, we didn't what. We just got a framework. That's the presumptive clothes. If you're familiar with sales techniques. That's Trump doing something I'm sure he's done many times. So we have a deal. The other party's like, wait, what.
Speaker 5: So we'll get that car in there and we'll we'll get it shined up, washed for you, and then it'll be Wait a second, I didn't say one of the US sign those papers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. The White House says it's preparing to ramp up its transfer of foreign nationals to Guantanamo Bay. Uh wow, that's uh.
Speaker 5: So you're a bus boy in LA. When you get round it up, he might end up.
Speaker 2: A get moo. I don't know. I don't know the gittmo thing. It's a publicity sun, but I's kind of like it. David Hog was officially ousted as the vice chair of the DNCA.
Speaker 5: So the kid's last name is Hog spelled with two g's, and then you decided to make a pig noise before you wrecked?
Speaker 2: Okay, exactly. Yes. After he launched a campaign to unseat Asleep at the Wheel incumbent Democrats, he then put out a statement that, interestingly enough, was actually quite good. Yeah, I saw most of it. Saw it was essentially, look, these government people are there for themselves. These thirty year incumbents. They don't care about their constituents. They just care about growing their own power in that of the government. That is correct, mister Swine. On the other hand, your policy prescriptions all are terrible, but you're right about that pass. Now go wee wee wee all the way home. You have a winner. It's the punch line I was looking for. Yeah, let's see, you're on your inflation lower number than many had feared. Let's see. Oh and yes, Jack, you know, one of my favorite political stories right now is how all these conservative outlets are backing Andrew Cuomo for mayor of New York because he's the least horrible choice. He's running against social various brands of socialists and full out communists, and so, yeah, Andrew Cuomo is the guy. Let's go with Andrew Cuomo. Let's all rally around Andrew Cuomo. We can't have him a communist win the marriage him. And so yeah, all kinds of people have endorsed him, and I love you.
Speaker 6: And I mean he's he's all kinds of a crook and a liar and and horrible judgment and you know, grew up in rom Yeah, just all kinds of But he's a best choice.
Speaker 2: He's better than a communist Excelsior.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be the freaking mayor of New York. I mean, I mean it might be.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a mayor as opposed to the president. So Trump still wins, but it might be in a more amazing comeback than Trump. I mean, it's just he was he killed old people in light about it, right, There is a greater truth here about the nature of the electorate in deep blue cities. I mean, you look at Chicago for instance. Brandon Johnson is he is a Union hack, He's a social he's a Marxist, he's a moron two. Michael, Yeah, the great I remember a few stand ups ago when I talked about what terrorism looks like. This is it.
Speaker 1: There should be no question to what our country would look like had the Confederacy won.
Speaker 2: What we're seeing it on full display. Are we talking about the Ice Raids? Is a full display of what America would have been like if the Confederacy had won. Except a couple of things there, Brandon, and I'll speak slowly because you're an fing idiot. The Confederacy wasn't trying to take over the Union. Okay, So if they'd have won, it just would have been there, just those few states. Okay. Uh. Secondly, what the idea that? Wow? Wow? So this is the what terrorism looks like. And if the KKK had won, what a jackass? Anyway, what do we do other than voting with our feet? With an electorate? And granted, don't just picture ordinary voters when I say the electorate in the big cities like Chicago and New York and to a large degree in Sacramento, the capitol of California too. It's it's the unions, the concentrated interests of various pressure groups, primarily public employee unions, that win the day every single time. Yeah, because you know, obviously there's got to be something like that going on, or you'd end up with a better candidate than Andrew freaking Cuomo.
Speaker 5: And how old is he, Katie? How old Isandra Cuomo? Can you look that up for me?
Speaker 2: So he's super old. He's a crook, he's a groper. He lied about killing old people, so its judgment is horrible. But he's i's a mobster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a young man compared to oh, he's a child in American politics these days. Boy, that's a troubling story. And speaking of troubling, you know this was going to be my bridge to another story. I'll hold off on that. I will tell you this, Jack, beloved American institution that you're a big fan of might be bought by the Katari royal family. Oh what is it? Papa John's Pizza? Something happened with Papa John's. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like they changed the recipe. That happens a lot with pizza joints they get popular.
Speaker 2: I don't know that this happened with Papa John's. I do know that it's happened with some of my other favorite national pizzas where they lay hashtag me too. Papa John himself right and drove them away. But there's like one of my pizza favorite piece of places. I mean, if you were trying to stay out of the rain, maybe you would craft a hut to keep the rain off your head. But their pizza used to be great back in the day. It started in Kansas, and then the price stayed the same for decades. How'd you do that with the ingredients going down to where it's just horrible. Now in my mind, I said, there's a huge sector of the pizza market that's all about cheap. Yeah, and there's only one way to win that sector.
Speaker 5: By being the cheapest. We'll so you go with a squeak, squeak, whatever meat you gotta use.
Speaker 2: And the cheese is just congealed grease from the taco stand next door. It's allegedly anyway. I don't know what sounded apossum makes or I would make it, but whatever's andy, man, whatever's Andy? What do we have in the bin? So the Kutaris are buying Papa John's. Yeah, more on that and yeah, it's just more on that to come. The Great Brian Wilson considered in a moment or two, what a crazy life? Would you consider him a musical genius? Fair to say? Yeah? I think so, absolutely, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolute musical genius. And I was listened to his bunch of his stuff. There were some Spotify lists yesterday of you know, best examples of Beach Boys music, including a whole bunch of songs I'd never heard before my life, especially when considered the time that they were recorded. I mean, some of the stuff was recorded like sixty three it's like wow.
Speaker 2: And I include a controversial statement that will anger many of you in our discussion of the Beach Boys. But he was mentally ill. He was a drug addict. He signed onto a guru that the state of California then forbid to ever work again. It was so crazy, all kinds of different stuff. I'll tell you about some of it coming back. So the news broke while we were on the area yesterday that Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys had died at age eighty two.
Speaker 5: I wasn't sure how much attention it would get.
Speaker 2: But it got a ton throughout the day, every newscast, and then as I was watching the news today, a lot of coverage and I can't figure out if it's what's probably a combination of how big the Beach Boys were, even though it's sixty years ago, was their heyday, and the fact that the audience for cable news is so old.
Speaker 5: But he was one of the great musical geniuses. Joe knows way more about this stuff than I do. I used to know a lot more about music, but I purposefully purged it from my brain and it's worked pretty well.
Speaker 2: There's lots of stuff that I don't do that. Apparently you can. I've done it with sports, statistics and music, tons of stuff that I know. I knew, you used to know that. I no longer know because I just decided that's useless information that has done me no good. I'm not holding on that anymore. I don't know that I can will that to happen. I have's a this is a farm? Well you have maybe? Uh, it's a fascinating concept.
Speaker 5: I wish I could will back into my brain like my password from my bank account, so I don't have to look it up every single time.
Speaker 2: Yes. So my controversial statement that people will be angry at is the Beach Boys hits that made them huge. They're fine. They're heavily Chuck Berry inspired, very catchy, well sung. How did they are fine? I know they got sued for one song for sounding too much like Chuck Berry and put his name on it. But how about the one that starts with the Johnny be Good guitar riff? I mean that's one hundred percent stolen. How did they get away with that? Because you can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I copyright riffs the way you can lyrics or melodies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's interesting. I don't know or was that the one that they had to get know it was a different song, that's what.
Speaker 5: But I listened to it yesterday, I thought, because I have learned that note from note, that is one hundred percent that Johnny be good opening anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But so it's the the three chord hits that they had early. That's not why people refer to Brian Wilson. Wilson as a musical genius. I mean, he was a fine songwriter and hit maker. It was, you know, the stuff he did later in his career that was, uh, that was really uh innovative. But because it's weird.
Speaker 5: For people who don't know, you said this yesterday, he was He was the Beach Boys to a great extent, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah. In fact, his brother Dennis Wilson said as much. He said, no, Brian is the Beach Boys. Yeah. He was their creative genius, their writer. They're a ranger. He produced and co produced everything they recorded. He just envisioned all the sounds and all the weirdness and innovation and all that. Like had the Beatles, for instance, when they heard pet sounds, saying oh my god, okay, they've opped the Annie, We've got to do something big, Yeah, and they wrote Sergeant Peppers.
Speaker 5: I had a few things I want to read from this New York Times piece that they did on at their big They probably had this uh obituary in the can for quite a while, right, but.
Speaker 2: Just some of this.
Speaker 5: At the same time, the round faced, soft spoken mister Wilson, who didn't surf, became one of pop's most gifted and idiosynocratic studio tours, crafting complex and innovative productions at awed hiss beers that ear Bob Dylan once remarked, I mean, Jesus, he's got a will that to the Smithsonian. Mister Wilson indulged his every eccentricity, no matter how expensive or fruitless, and his growing drug habit fueled paranoia and delusion. Recording a song called Fire, he outfitted studio musicians in toy firefighters helmets and placed a smoldering bucket in their midst. When he later learned that a nearby building had burned down at about the same time as the session, he scrapped that track, spooked by the thought that his studio witchcraft was responsible for the fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he actually tried to destroy the master tapes for that song because he thought they were somehow magically causing fires.
Speaker 5: He spent much of his life trying to escape the yokes of two men, his abusive father and a controlling psychotherapist named Eugene Landy. Mister Landy's unorthodox methods, which included monitoring mister Wilson twenty four hours a day and pad locking is a refrigerator.
Speaker 2: I need a snack.
Speaker 5: No, we're effective in nursing mister Wilson back to health during two periods of treatment in the seventies and eighties. Yet mister Landy also went into business with his patient, sharing copyrights or forcing his name onto the copyrights and taking a whole bunch of the money and writing credits with his from his songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Landy eventually came under the scrutiny of the California authorities and had to surrender his license after an intervention by mister Wilson's family. A court order also blocked Landy from contact with me Wilson, and he ran Brian's life for like twenty years or something.
Speaker 2: How horrifying is that, yeah, mister Wilson.
Speaker 5: Brian Wilson spoke openly about his struggles with mental illness, including his experience with Schitzio effective disorder and condition characterized by hallucinations and delusions. The condition led to the conservative ship granted by his business associates last year.
Speaker 2: Surfer Girl, Well, before we get past that, the whole the delusions thing, he had constant voices giving him terrible messages in his head, and he played music constantly to distract himself from wowses wow.
Speaker 5: Surfer Girl, which was their first big hit, went to number seven in nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: That's sixty two years ago.
Speaker 5: Was perhaps the first pop hit and ever written, arranged, produced, and sung by the same person. You know, it's common now, not common, but people do it, but nobody'd ever done it before. His father had long tormented him physically and emotionally in one form of punishment that left Brian Wilson, and he described many times his father would remove his glass eye and force his terrified son to stare into the empty socket. That's a sick f that's a weird punishment. And my dad was violent and cruel, he wrote in his biography. That's not a good story anyway. I You know, if you have a certain age, you've heard all these Beach Boys songs a million times, but perhaps on an AM radio coming out of a little speaker in a car or at home. They've been remastered. Listen to him remastered on a good stereo, whole different experience I found yesterday.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, that'd be a treat. I don't have to do that.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize he basically did good vibrations while the whole band was on tour. He did the whole thing himself more or less. Well, they were all gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not surprised. That's quite amazing. Yeah, an amazing guy to put a tragic story. Oh, oh my god. Yeah, you don't want to be crazy, even if it leads to that. It sounds horrible Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: So black woman in road rage at a Mexican dude, I'm calling Trump on you.
Speaker 2: You wait again, Hm, that's not going to bring understanding among the people of America.
Speaker 5: No, that's sort of rhetoric. No, just came across sis. You're about to talk about the aging aging this and that.
Speaker 2: Axios is reporting more than half of Democratic reps, the Democratic Party, the House of Representatives? Is that? What did I see?
Speaker 5: Seventeen percent approval or something like that among Democrats.
Speaker 2: That's young Democrats.
Speaker 5: More than half of the Democratic reps who are seventy five or older are running for reelection in the Young People Party, the people over seventy five, half of them are running for reelection. As opposed to saying maybe we should get to somebody a little young, I mean a lot of Democrats.
Speaker 2: They want a thirty five year old or a twenty two year old, not an eighty year old. Why don't think Republicans want an eighty year old either? Honestly, I didn't mean to talk about that.
Speaker 5: So I jump into my car yesterday and I flip on NPR because I don't know, I hate myself from a masochist or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, why would you do that?
Speaker 5: I get done doing this and I listen to NPR, like to get a half asked, annoying version of the news I just did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what that's but anyway, they were doing this story. Seniors are the fastest growing group of people experiencing homelessness. Musing their terms.
Speaker 5: I don't say experiencing homelessness, I say drug experiencing homelessness. Drug addicts who've made poor choices in their lives is generally what it is, but in some of these stats are interesting, and I wondered if you had a reason better than theirs for why this is happening. First of all, in the nineties, the average age of a homeless person was thirty. Now it's fifty. Fairly recently, people aged fifty and older were about ten percent of the homeless population. It is now half. It went from ten percent to half. Wow, this according to them, and this might now be true. The trend is being driven by factors such as rising inflation. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Just hear what the price of eggs is. Screw it. I'm going to live under a bridge and do meth. Rising inflation. I'm shaking my head, mystified how anybody could say that with a straight face and think, oh, that'll land. Wait. Wait, wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: All right, most of us, rising inflation meant, okay, instead of eating at the stake restaurant, I'll lead at Applebee's, or stead of eating an Applebe's, I'll lead at home or whatever.
Speaker 2: We didn't become methacts for the millionth time. You eliminate to luxuries, you go cheaper. You get a room made, you do one hundred and fifty things before you end up in a tent, under and overpass, doing meth riding a kid's bicycle in the dark.
Speaker 5: Right, The trend is being driven by factors such as rising inflation, a lack of affordable housing, and challenges faced by older adults with disabilities.
Speaker 2: What a what weak tea? That is well? And where was that report when Joe Biden was pouring gasoline on the inflation fire NPR, You just didn't get around to it. Good point. But assuming it is true that people fifteen over have gone from ten percent to over half, what's your explanation? Part of it is? And progress did this. They outlawed those residence hotels where people would pay a monthly fee to live in a room, generally a shared bathroom down the hall. They'd have a hot plate or whatever. It was decided by the Democratic Party that those were not acceptable living conditions for people and we should shut them down. But they didn't provide a useful alternative, I mean, other than here's a ten apartments in LA that are going to cost one point eight million dollars each and we'll never be done. That's a factor among your older alcoholics and people with borderline mental conditions and that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: I'm just spitballing here a term that I find discussing. I wish we'd come up with a better term for randomly going through ideas off the top of my head that I might not actually believe myself.
Speaker 2: Mucus pitching now, Yeah, I'm just sputum hurling. I'm fecal guessing here. But what, oh why are we using body excrements as I don't know any chance that the younger crowd does the craziest hardcore fentanyl stuff, the older crowd stays away from it, and so many younger people have just died any of that, And I don't think so. I think it's more likely that I mean, addiction to hard drugs is skyrocketed, I mean skyrocketed compared to you know, we've talked about when Nixon started the DEA because there were what eight thousand overdose deaths around the country, or I remember the number was shockingly small, and then you know a few years ago we had one hundred and fifteen thousand people the Great War on I'm sorry, and you don't just do that those drugs for a number of years then say, you know, that was a crazy period of my life, but I'm moving on now. Your brain is toast. So I think a lot of those older homeless people are drug casualties. I would suspect, although I don't know. I would like to know the answer.
Speaker 5: So it could be possibly good news then that there aren't it's kind of like our aging population of you know, we're not replacing older people with younger workers because when i'm young people.
Speaker 2: Is it just.
Speaker 5: There aren't as many young people getting into the super hard drugs and ended up on the street, and the crowd that was already there is just aging.
Speaker 2: Is that possibly? Yeah, that feels a little quick to me. Well, it's got to be something. I don't think there is no validity to the inflation and housing thing because housing is extremely expensive, usually all over the country. But try to be the ninety nine percent of people that have shelter, figure out a way and and you know, and as usual, I drove by lots of street people on the way to work today. There's no getting around it. They're all drug addicts. So don't be a drug addict would be a good start. Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, But as always I'm in favor of separating the transient drug addicts from the people NPR quite dishonestly implies is everybody. But there is that group of unfortunate people who can't make their way and can't pay for housing. Joe's all compassion there but for the grace of God. Blah blah blah. Yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: I remember when they did the big study in Seattle, it was ninety percent of.
Speaker 2: More drug addicts.
Speaker 5: We would have plenty of money for the people who actually have mental illness or you know, fall through the cracks or whatever other ways. Sure, we'd have plenty of money for those people if you somehow fixed the drug problem, which is to.
Speaker 2: Me damn near proof. I mean, like we need proof that the Gavins Newsom of the world, the homeless industrial complex, they are about making the money. They are about enriching themselves. Now, there are some people of good conscience and soft skull who are involved in that, and they don't understand that they are part of a scam. They think they're doing the right thing. But the people on top who are distributing the money and making the money, they know one hundred percent what they're doing. If they really cared they would have years and years and years ago, because we have been shouting this for a couple of decades now. If you don't specify the different groups of the so called homeless, you are well you're perpetrating a scam. You don't separate the drug addicts from the people the poor, unfortunate, medally ill, autistic, handicapped, whatever, who just can't make enough money to get by. If you don't do that, you are a liar, in a scumbag, or a moron.
Speaker 5: It's mostly a drug problem, and so if you don't start barrier, it's crazy. You know what's most effective, I think effort to make people realize the whole drug thing. I see this floating around social media.
Speaker 2: I wish, I wish I passed a billboard of this every single day that my kids would see or that. Although they see enough homeless people, but if you grew up in a in one of your blue cities or blue states where you see a lot of homeless people, I would love to know in the future how many of those kids end up doing drugs, Because my kid's view of what drugs do for you is that and it doesn't look good. But an I think every parent ought to drive by these camps full of transient drug addicts with their kids and say, this is drug This is what drugs get you, hard drugs. That's what I said to my son Sam when we I purposely walked through the Tenderloin in San Francisco, just a corner of it to see it.
Speaker 5: Like, none of these people started with this in mind. They thought they were having a good time on a Saturday night watching a band or or something. But anytime you see those timelines, our friend Jesse, who emails the show a lot, has one on his.
Speaker 2: Twitter feed or whatever. Your first picture, your first mugshot when you're sixteen and kind of a handsome young man, and then your next one, in your next one, and the next one as you go through the years, and now you've got less teeth than you look worse, and you've aged thirty years but you're still in your twenties and all that sort of stuff, and with the women the same thing.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic. I think. I think that's very very powerful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these hotties who turn into toothless, scabby hags at thirty two. Yeah, you want to be a scabby hag? Do you? No, that's not a good term. Scabby hag. That's what makes it such a good term. Yeah, I guess that's just so awful.
Speaker 5: Let's not use that in case, and let's let's keep that in your holster unless you're really.
Speaker 2: Are trying to make a point. It was good here, But I just I don't want to hear listen, you've scabby hag. Yeah. I don't want it to catch on as a no, no, indeed, that would be ungentlemanly among other problems. Yeah, you know who's the scabby hagging accounting?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't want it to become one of those. Oh lord, No, you're right. It's very harsh, and you don't see it coming. We will finish strong next arm strong and.
Speaker 1: Yetty, the President learned that any protests on Saturday would be met with force.
Speaker 6: Can you clarify what kind of protest President Trump does support or find acceptable.
Speaker 1: The President absolutely supports peaceful protests. He supports the First Amendment. He supports the right of Americans to make their voices heard. He does not support violence of any kind. He does not support assaulting law enforcement officers who are simply trying.
Speaker 4: To do their job.
Speaker 1: It's very clear for the president what he supports and what he does not. Unfortunately, for Democrats, that line has not been made clear, and they've allowed this unrest and this violence to continue, and the President has had to step in question. So, if there were peaceful protests on Saturday for the military parade, President Trump would allow that. Of course, the President supports peaceful protest.
Speaker 2: What a stupid question. Here is a stupid question. I would have I would have like wanted to plant that if I was a Trump guy, till here's this giant, fat softball to hit out of the park. Yeah, what did you think? Did you think you're going to catch him in a trap? No?
Speaker 5: Donald Trump does not believe in any protests of any kind.
Speaker 2: Not for his big parade. No, we'll be cracking ads. First Amendment will die tomorrow at noon. I he might not like it, but yeah, what a stupid question, is right?
Speaker 5: Trump just did an hour plus press conference. Remember the old guy who did like one in four years. Anyway, he said this.
Speaker 2: But I will say this.
Speaker 7: Look, I want them to go away saying how great our country is and how great our military is. And I was making all these calls for some reason. I spoke to like four different places, Sir, are you celebrating? And I said, you know, we won World War two and World War One?
Speaker 2: Right, we want them.
Speaker 7: And yet we're the only country that doesn't celebrate. Everybody celebrating except us.
Speaker 2: And I said, we should celebrate too. What if there are protests, Oh quash them violently during the big parade. Yeah. I don't know that we need to celebrate winning World War one. Honestly, fair amount of water under the bridge. I just as I've said on the big military parade on Saturday, I lean against, but not strongly. This is not an issue I think is that big a deal.
Speaker 5: I just would like a better understanding of why we haven't done it in the past. There's some reason we never did it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I said earlier, I just think it was kind of a We're not a militaristic power. We're a friendly power that wants to do business with an incredibly capable and powerful military. But we're not gonna We're not gonna walk into every room and say I could whoop your ass, by the way. I mean, whether it's a dental appointment or a job interview, it's just no way to behave. Are you here for a cleaning. I could kick your ass if I wanted to. Yes, you know, I've got a little pain here on the upper right, a little cold sensitivity. Yeah. I think it's probably a version of that, honestly, But again, I just and I don't feel very strongly about it either way either. I hate I like the idea better before I heard Trump explain it, which is not uncommon. I think our military, the men and women, the gear, the innovation, the cohesion, the training, all of it is just awe inspiring. I think it's amazing, and I love the idea of American kids seeing that on display. So there's a real pro to the idea.
Speaker 5: So it's June fourteenth, Flag Day, Saturday, the same day the no Kings, No Crowns protest is being organized nationwide, eleven different spots. They're hoping to They're hoping to take back the flag of patriotism from the evil Republicans with the no Kings, No Crowns protest. I have no idea if this is gonna be a big USA Today says it's gonna be the biggest protest this year, okay, which I super make it pretty big actually, And then what I don't know if I'd go in and say I could whoop your ass by the way to somebody who's about have that sharp hook in your mouth in a vulnerable position.
Speaker 2: That's the point exactly. That's no way to.
Speaker 8: Be aged.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 8: Strong, Strong, You're ready.
Speaker 2: That's the last thing Brian Wilson recorded for a staff.
Speaker 5: It was during his crazy period that he wrote, here is your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show. There is Michael Angelow pressing the buttons. Michael final thought, speaking of the Beach Boys. That was a great childhood memory my parents.
Speaker 9: They would drive us kids around in the car and we'd be in the backseat and they'd be singing to the Beach Boys and doing the harmonies. And that's cool as little kids that we were kind of embarrassed about it, you know, seeing mom and dad enjoy themselves.
Speaker 2: Like that, right right is from Vacation Mock Yeah birth Yeah, oh boy. Yeah. Katie Greeners deemed Newswoman as a final thought, Katie, Well, speaking of.
Speaker 4: Bands, I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait to get the debut album from Joe Getty and the scabby hags.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, yeah, the audition process was gruesome. Jack.
Speaker 5: A final thought for us, I gotta get a hold of the Boy Scout leaders. I'm part of the driving team to drive from northern California to Long Beach for this big Boy Scout camp with the possible ice para it protests and this thing that surely will be a big deal in LA.
Speaker 2: But no Crowns thing. There's not a chance that the highways aren't going to be blocked off, is there? We'll see. My final thought, like my thought early in the show, was we need to hear more sea bombs dropped, not that sea bomb. Congress. Oh why is nobody talking about Congress passing immigration law and we as a country following the law. Jeez, I heard you say that it seems like a decent starting place. I heard you say the first part. I wish you would have clarified. I've just been walking around the office. C ce ce cec oh no no no no. Congress is the word that would explain the looks Armstrong and Getty right, pick up another grueling four hour workday. So many people, thank so little time go to Armstrong in Getdy dot Com a lot of great hot lengths. Check out Katie's corner pick up some swag. We'll see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Gettee. Oh okay are you?
Speaker 7: It's so interesting and so vicious and horrible and it's so beautiful, so bad it's almost good.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? Can I understand the word you're saying?
Speaker 8: So let's go with a bang.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether to stand on my head and poop wood Nichols or move into the woods and live like a bear. I don't know what to do. That first trick would be cool. I'd pay to see.
Speaker 8: Then that I know.
Speaker 2: Thanks all very much, Armstrong and Getty.