Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at adjus dot com.
Speaker 2: Daniel is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Ashley. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she's hells why she's ghosting him, and maybe get him another date. But first, Daniel, how long has evinces you heard from Ashley?
Speaker 3: I think it's been like a week.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, Well have you been trying to get a hold of her?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I sent her a few messages and she like, this is a flat out ghost There's no like messages saying do you like short messages?
Speaker 3: This is just like really pissed.
Speaker 5: Actually, I'm actually I can tell you. I mean the stories you want.
Speaker 3: To hear it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm pissed.
Speaker 5: Such I'm getting ghosted because like the date was really, really awesome.
Speaker 3: I took her to dinner and drinks and I thought she's really beautiful.
Speaker 5: I thought she was awesome. She even does like guy things, like she tell.
Speaker 3: You golf of all things.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh my god, this is because I love golf, right and sparks flew. We had chemistry, like everything was perfect.
Speaker 3: And I and we got you know, a.
Speaker 5: Little tipsy drunk, and I think I think we made out all right.
Speaker 2: So you got that where you don't remember if you made out or not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was kind of debauchery at the end.
Speaker 3: But nothing like I would have remembered something terrible.
Speaker 2: Was she on the same level as far.
Speaker 3: As drunks is. I probably drank a little bit more than her. Again, I don't I remember things.
Speaker 5: I don't blackout, so there's no way that I would have forgotten something.
Speaker 3: I'm really pissed though. Let me tell you the this part is because like the reason.
Speaker 5: I'm I think the reason I'm getting ghosted actually this this is just.
Speaker 3: My series, like I might be getting scammed by.
Speaker 2: This person getting scammed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so everything went well, but then when I wake up, like the next.
Speaker 5: Morning, I found that my Venmo account had five hundred dollars sent to hers from mine.
Speaker 2: Oh well five one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't think that I sent it, and maybe she.
Speaker 3: I think she might have stolen it.
Speaker 5: And that's why she's ghosting me, because I can't think of any other reason why i'd send her five hundred dollars under them. I don't do that kind of thing, So she must have grabbed my phone when I was drunk and sent it to herself.
Speaker 2: Did people do that on first date? I never. I must start trying I mean, I'm assuming people are going to start trying out if they don't already.
Speaker 1: But I mean I could see people doing something like that too. I can also see people scaring people just for dinner. Like you hear about that all the time.
Speaker 2: Were you away from your phone at any time where she could have grabbed it? And bet?
Speaker 3: I mean, of course, like I might have gone to the bathroom. I just left it on a table, so I don't know if that's not what happened. Like, I definitely want to go out on another date with her. I don't want to accuse her of things that she didn't do, because I really like.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we're a lot of extremes here. You don't remember if you made out with her or not. You don't know how the five hundred dollars got there, but you do want to see her again. If she didn't steal it, Seriously.
Speaker 3: If she did steal this, I really want to call it constant so I really need Well, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's five hundred bucks. She's still have you ever accidentally or on purpose venmoes somebody like that before and not known it?
Speaker 3: No, No, that's just not like me.
Speaker 5: I don't do those kind of things.
Speaker 1: That's a weird number too, It's like five hundred dollars. This is go for five thousand.
Speaker 2: Well, if the date was going so well and then now she's ghosting you and then there's five hundred dollars missing from your VENMO, I would think that that's the reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't know. Again, I just need some clarity here.
Speaker 2: Well, play a song, come back, and then call her and see if she stole your five hundred bucks or if there's a different reason that she's ghosting you, and maybe get you another date if you still want one. Okay, and yeah, all right, Well play a song, come back, and then call her and get your first date follow up next right in the middle of your first date follow up or a new edition of Crime Stoppers. I'm not sure because Daniel is on the phone and Daniel's getting ghosted by Ashley. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Daniel, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I took this go out and bought her, you know, dinner and drinks, and we had an amazing time.
Speaker 3: Got a little drunk. I don't remember what happened because that.
Speaker 5: I have five hundred dollars missing off of my Venmo account I.
Speaker 3: Was sent to her, So either she stole it or.
Speaker 5: I gave it to her, and I'm trying to figure that out.
Speaker 1: Okay, which neither of them makes sense? But I guess scamming part that sucks.
Speaker 2: That does really suck. Maybe she got you drunk on purpose in order to get your phone and spend more her money. Maybe that's her thing. All right, man, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 5: I don't know what to expect right now, but I'm definitely ready.
Speaker 3: For the call.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Ashley please. Yeah, Hey, Ashley, how are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jubel and I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Ashley, the show's here.
Speaker 2: I'm Nina Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 4: Oh, who's calling?
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the Jubl Show. It's a radio show. Have you ever heard it before?
Speaker 4: I mean I know the name. Yeah, but why are you calling?
Speaker 2: We actually got an email about you from somebody who does listen to the show.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: So we do a segment on the show. It's called the first Date follow Up. What that is is if you go out on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So you went out on a date recently and you haven't been talking to them, and they were wondering if we could figure out why.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, who do you think it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna say it's Daniel.
Speaker 2: And you are correct. Daniel emailed us and then we talked to him a little bit about your date and he's really confused. He liked you a lot. He's wondering why you're ghosting him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean it's pretty straightforward. I mean he disrespected me, like all the way. He was great, you know, for most of the night.
Speaker 7: Then he got really drunk and like completely turned into a different person.
Speaker 2: Wait, so what did he do to disrespect you?
Speaker 7: Well, he does if he spent so much time talking about money, like he thought that that would be impressive, impressive to me, and it.
Speaker 4: Was just gross.
Speaker 7: Like I'm not the kind of woman that needs someone to like flaunt cash. And that's why I've been avoiding him. I mean, it's just that type of personality that. Oh, it just it made me honestly stick to my stomach, you know, to be with a guy that thinks money is what's going to win me over him out you know what, I just remember something else. Okay, So he got so drunk towards the end of the night and then he started bragging about how much money he has, like and he wanted to prove it to me, so he sent me. He sent me five hundred dollars on venmo.
Speaker 2: What four? He just was like watch this, I can do this.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was like look at me, like, you know, still get something for you, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I make so much cash, let me just venmo you five hundred bucks?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, here's a half rock. Go get yourself some nice I don't know what I would do with that. And you took the five hundred bucks.
Speaker 7: Of course, at least I'll get something out of this. I mean he's being like such a right now.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Well, thank you Ashley for being honest with us. I appreciate it. And now have to let you know that Daniel is actually on the phone listening and does want to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh god, you could have told me that, you know.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, sorry, I just told the truth. It's okay, yeah, Daniel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 5: Uh wow, Actually, can you can you give me a recap of how that happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you were like borrying or like, yeah, I'm gonna do I'm underdollar.
Speaker 8: I saw you ripped me off. I was calling them to tell you tell them that, like I was gonna call a cop. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I don't think that. I don't think money is everything. I'm sorry. Like, yes, I was drunk and maybe I was like really nervous and trying to impress you.
Speaker 3: I never do this.
Speaker 1: Does that mean you're subconscious things that like that's oh what you're good for?
Speaker 4: Maybe? No, no, no, no, like I just said, I just.
Speaker 3: I guess I do blow or something thing because.
Speaker 8: I don't remember that part, and I sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Please, people are like, I'll listen to you talk about how rich you are.
Speaker 4: I don't know. The whole thing was just like so not funny.
Speaker 7: It was it was really like a d bag move. You know that's never happened to you before. And I honestly I really don't This is so weird.
Speaker 3: Please please listen. I promise, I promise, I promise. I had so much fun.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry about getting drunk and being adbag, Like, I just want another day.
Speaker 3: Just please let me have one more chance.
Speaker 8: I just want to go on another date and I won't drink a lot, I won't talk about money.
Speaker 5: And we'll go to we'll go play golf, we'll go to a range like you want.
Speaker 2: Ashley, would you like to go on another date with Daniel? We'll pay forty sounds here to me? Yeah, he does to me too.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, until he got drunk, he was actually super fun. So yeah, I'm up for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, yeah, you're gonna give the money back?
Speaker 7: Well, I haven't thought about that yet, Like, you know what, he's got work to do, though, Like if he wants me to trust him he can't be an a hole. And if I see that, then yeah, I'm fine giving him the money back.
Speaker 1: I mean, actlely, you earned it though, you sat through that stuff, and you're giving him another chance.
Speaker 2: I think that's just that's a wash. Now, congratulations, Daniel, you got another date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll make a bet, like who can hit the ball further. Maybe maybe that will be like a five hundred dollars decision.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I already bought some bear mace with that money, so you know I'm not afraid to use.
Speaker 3: Enough.
Speaker 4: You will first date, follow up