Speaker 1: What's that at the bed spooky? Hey juky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, I loss nandas Plase. Hey boo, it's me Ross and welcome to Ghosted by us Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Oh my god, one of my dear friends, Bob the drag Queen, is on the pod today, who, of course you know from winning RuPaul's Drag Race, the TV show We're Here Traders. And she's got a new book coming out. Very excit for Bob. And how's a good story she's got. She's got a good one. You're gonna enjoy this episode, I think. Of course, I wanted to tell you that I'm going on tour doing stand up in primarily gay bars, all over America. I'm coming near where you live, most likely, so go to Rozhernandez tour dot com. I've got dates in May. I even have Oh my gosh, I added Portland in June. I'm sure I've added more, all of July, all of August. I'm all over the place, so come see me. I won't be talking about ghosts a lot, but I'll be you know, talking about things. We'll be laughing, We'll be having fun. Let's hear a ghost story. Here's a ghost story from a listener named Will. Sort of a long one, but you know it's a good one, so stay with me. Well, writes Hey, raz. I love the show and it's a weekly highlight for me. I thought i'd write in to share some of the haunted encounters me and my family have experienced in our family home over the years. I grew up in a cottage in a village in the northwest of England, near the town of Blackpool. The cottage was built in seventeen eighty nine and members of my family have lived in it for roughly one hundred and fifty years. The first spirit that I was aware of was one seen separately by my mom and my gran my dad's mom. They both saw the same spirit, and it happened that each of them saw it the day before their weddings to my dad and granddad. They had never told another person about it until years later, and they were shocked. I realized they had seen the same thing. As my mom describes it, she'd been getting stuff ready for the wedding and had visited the house at the time my grandparents home and had walked into the living room. Sat in the corner of the room was an elderly woman who she'd never seen before. She went to say hello, thinking it was a family friend or a relative she had yet to meet, when she realized the old woman was, as she described it, hazy and a little sea through. My mom said she didn't feel afraid, and that it was a calm, warm presence. She said the old lady smiled at her and then slowly faded away. My grand said she had almost an identical experience, except the lady was stood by the window and not sitting. Both my mom and gran had been marrying into our family, so they had always wondered if the spirit was a family member who had previously lived in the home and this was her way of welcoming them into the family. Okay, now this is juicey. We're gonna have to finish this one up because it's listen. Will Will really gave it to us with the typing out of the story, and I'm fascinated anytime I hear of a family that lived in the same house for one hundred and fifty years. So we're gonna get We're gonna hear about the other spirit in this house next week, so tune in for that, thank you will. Let's get it on over to my conversation with Bob the Drag Queen. On with this show, Bob the Drag Queen. Everybody, Hello, Hey Mary, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Is Mary right? It's ro.
Speaker 1: It's it. But I'm a big fan of Hamburger Mary's.
Speaker 2: Did you have you worked at Hamburger Mary's?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to get Roz to get back into drag, but she just kind of won't do it. But she also low Ki wants to be a miscontinental, but she's.
Speaker 1: Like afraid to do it. No, what you do?
Speaker 3: You want to be a miscontinental more than you want your next breath?
Speaker 2: Just say it.
Speaker 1: I could never compete with Miss Continental now. That attitude, Well, those girls are so flawless. I like being a little rough around the edges. I like that.
Speaker 3: Well you could, you could, you could pretend to be one of the you know, I'm super you know, quafted pristine girls for an evening to snatch a crown. I think you could do for this podcast Has a Ghost Has a Ghost Hunter?
Speaker 2: Ever? Won Miscontinental? You need to do it for the ghost.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Yeah, maybe maybe that'll be my talent and the Miscontinental pageant. I will go on stage.
Speaker 2: The ghost of former miscontinentals.
Speaker 1: I'll see if I can conjure up the ghost that famously called me slurs, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Do you ever find the name of the ghost?
Speaker 1: Bob?
Speaker 2: It was you?
Speaker 3: That was That was just me walking by your bunk on the on the bus, just whispering, faggot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Bob and I did well. We weirdly did two things right back to back, because you're kind enough to let me open for you on the.
Speaker 2: Road and you're kind enough to accept.
Speaker 1: And we then we randomly went on a cruise together that we both happened to be performing on and we when we were on the tour, we went to you know, every time I perform in a big theater, I ask if it's haunted, and they were pretty much all haunted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all theaters are haunted. That's what they say.
Speaker 1: That's what they said.
Speaker 3: But people aren't dying in the theaters, are they? As do ghosts just love live theater.
Speaker 1: Well, when I'm most like.
Speaker 3: Are ghosts, Like, no, I actually died at a said go around the corner. But I just love life theater.
Speaker 1: When i'm there, people, someone's dying on stage.
Speaker 2: I don't know there were ghosts, but well you went. They kept hearing boo, wow that was just me from the wings though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, no. People, there's every single old theater somebody died. They were reckless back in those days, back in the in the late eighteen hundred's turn of the century. These people were out there just dropping shit on people's heads by accident.
Speaker 2: Every production with Spider Man turn Off the Dark.
Speaker 1: It literally was. But like they're special effects. I've heard so many stories of these old theaters where it's like, oh, they had fire on stage and the fire knocked over and then everyone burned down.
Speaker 2: How'd you go about dying on stage?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Are we basically the same age? I'm a little older than you.
Speaker 1: You're older than me a little not much. No, you're you're quite older than me.
Speaker 3: I can google your age. You're famous enough for me to be able to google your age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can google my net worth too, And I don't recommend you take either of those.
Speaker 3: This truth Roserlandez. It says that you were. It says you'r the comedian and semi retired drag queen.
Speaker 1: It's a semi retired, Yes.
Speaker 3: Semi retired drag performer shares the spooky origins of her parent normal.
Speaker 1: Podcast semi sized drag queen.
Speaker 2: Your age is actually hard to find than I thought it would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not famous, That's why, Bob. You know, I'm not a queak out winner. Yet you look like I.
Speaker 2: Did a Mitel in this picture they have of you on IMDb. Bob, let it go, you do. I'm not the first one I tell you like I did a Mizelle. There's no way.
Speaker 3: I'm the first person to ever say out loud that you kind of look like I did a Mistel. There's no way.
Speaker 1: I usually here, Leah Michelle, I hear.
Speaker 2: But they look alike though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so, Bob, listen, we are here to talk about ghosts. That's the reason that I invited you here.
Speaker 3: So the last thing here are biographies are us. It says you are twenty eight to thirty years.
Speaker 1: Old work, so it is right, So it is accurate.
Speaker 2: In twenty eight to thirty is, so.
Speaker 1: It's accurate.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed, but that is no way that's true. But I am obsessed with twenty eight to thirty.
Speaker 1: That is, say how much money I have?
Speaker 2: I can google that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do rouse Hernada's networks, because talk about this is paranormal.
Speaker 2: Here, your net worth is three million dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh it's less than the real number?
Speaker 2: Ganggang, Can I borrow some money please?
Speaker 1: Now? Not true, But what is true always is people's claims of the paranormal, every single time, every single time. Where are you at on any of that stuff? Do you believe in this sort of a thing, that there's more than meets the eye?
Speaker 2: Well, I have had paranormal occurrences in my life and I still don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same way. I think it's a me problem. I'm like, oh, I'm just being dramatic, but I have.
Speaker 3: Had paranormal things happen, but I still don't believe it. That's kind of crazy, right, are you?
Speaker 1: Like everything not everything happens for a reason, but.
Speaker 3: Like, oh no, not at all. Whatever the opposite of that is, I think things just happen. There's no rhyme or reason, like, truly, we can't justify everything that happen, Like I feel like it makes sense to want to justify white things happening to you, and that makes total sense to me. But sometimes it feels better for me to know that things just happen and it was just shitting and there was no rhyme or reason. That feels better than trying to justify why something bad happened to me. Okay, kind of want my pain to be like some lesson for someone I don't even fucking know, right.
Speaker 1: I know that that's where all of that can get difficult, because then you go, Okay, why did this?
Speaker 2: Why get cancer for no reason exactly that the other kids can see how great life is. Well, fuck those other kids. I don't want.
Speaker 1: Cancer exactly exactly, So I get that for sure. Do you does that have anything to do with like coincidences? Do you do you think that there's any truth to a coincidence or your scum now it's just something happened.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk about probably one of the biggest coincidences, right, the fact that the Okay, so, the size of the Earth in relation to the Moon, and the distance from the Earth and the distance to the Moon is the same as the size of the Earth in relation to the Sun and the distance in the two, which is why this is the only planet in the world that has a solar eclipse where you get the diamond ring effects. Right, So, because the Sun and the do you get what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying here, Bob Degrass Tyson, there's.
Speaker 3: No other planet where the Moon goes between the Earth and that planet and the Sun and they're the exact same size. Either the Moon is way too big and it'll block out the Sun completely, or the Moon is way too small and you'll just see the Sun around it completely. It'll just be like one little bike spot in the middle of the sun, or the Sun is so powerful that it will just envelop and you won't even tell that it's there. I believe that's just a random ass coincidence.
Speaker 1: I didn't keep up with that necessarily. But are there things that you think are coincidences or I just described a coincidence to you that are there things that you go, wait a minute, that that really means something or is that just does that go back to what you were saying originally about not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is just it is just because the world is so randomized that some of the things just have to be remarkable. Have you ever done a thing where like you reach into a bunch of eminem's or you reach into like something where there's a bunch of something and you pull out the exact amount you need. Oh, and it's just a coincidence, because there's so many times where you pulled out and it was not the amount you needed. There have been so many times you pulled out way more or way less. But statistically speaking, when you caught this one time out of you know, whatever the odds are, it seems remarkable because it is more remarkable than pulling out one too many or five too little.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you pull out, you just do it right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't have a lot of experience with that. No'm kidding, ill out a lot. Uh yeah sometimes yeah, well okay, but.
Speaker 1: What about this, Like, you know, what I've been thinking about lately is the concept of like why we are happening now? Like there's certain people where you go, God, if you were today and not in the eighties, you would be the biggest star in the world.
Speaker 3: Well, I think about the fact that if I was born one hundred years ago, y'all would have never heard of me, because I would be so oppressed that you probably would never even heard of me if I was born tw hundred years ago. Jesus Christ, I'm so happy and lucky to be alive when I am. Now, there's probably someone who was born in eighteen oh four who would have been probably the best fucking drag queen this world's ever fucking seen, Funnier than any of us, more talented than any of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jackie b Us, she is still alive, and she's none of those things.
Speaker 3: It's the you know what she says in Gypsy. I was born too soon, I started too late. Some people just had that happen to.
Speaker 1: Them, you know, Okay, Like, how about this to make it about you, you were when you were on drag Grace, Like the fact that you were on when you were on doesn't that almost feel like something special? Like do you ever think about that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Wow, I feel lucky that I had, Like I moved to New York City and drag Race started the year I moved to New York City. I feel really lucky that that happened to me because I could have. But also all the talents queens who moved to New York City and were moved there in the seventies or eighties, and their drag performers, they could have been the biggest star drag race has ever seen. But they did the New City night life seeing for their ten years. They did their time, They got their bachelor's degree in nightlife, and now their accountants or lawyers, or teachers or or waiters or whatever they are.
Speaker 1: You know, right, tell me a ghost story.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a ghost story, but when, uh, is this a ghost story?
Speaker 1: I don't listen. I have a gavel right here and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: So I would call it a paranormal activity more than a ghost story.
Speaker 2: Who knows what I was seeing.
Speaker 3: This could have been a polter guyst This could have been a ghost, This could have been a demon, This could have been an.
Speaker 1: If anybody has authority, it's me.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: If there's anyone in this world that could tell you these unexplainable things, it's me.
Speaker 3: So when I was eight years old, I was living in Columbus, Georgia, and my mom and my brother were up doing laundry, and when I was in my bed, this circle, like this pool of light came from the ceil. It was formed on the ceiling of my first floor apartment, in my bedroom. And then his feet came down through this pool of light. No, yeah, there's something I saw. Did it happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did I see it? Yes, it was a white man's feet. He came to He was a blonde white man, okay, And he looked at me, and he was wearing a very angelic type clothes. He looked like an angel. I don't remember if he had wings or not, but I remember that he looked like an angel, the depiction that we see on the television. And he said, don't go to Mississippi this summer. Your grandma's gonna die. And then he shot back into this and at this time, I couldn't scream. I couldn't I could not move.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: It was I think I was experiencing sleep paralysis. I'm almost positive I was experiencing sleep paralysis. And I said, I tried to scream, but I could not scream. I couldn't even move. And then he went back into the ceiling and then I was able to scream, and I screamed at the top of my lungs, and my mom came running down from the laundromat and I was crying hysterically, and I kept saying, we cannot go to Misisippi this summer. Grandma's gonna die. We cannot go. Grandma's gonna die, She's gonna die, We can't go. And my grandma died that summer and I went to Mississippi. My mom was like, don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I said no. An angel came down.
Speaker 3: He told me that we can't go to missip this summer, or if we do, Grandma Liz is gonna die. And we did go that summer, and she did pass away the summer of nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: That's a true story.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The reason why I think it was sleep paralysis and me experiencing an hallucination is because the angel looked just like the angel looked in my Bible vhs is that I had. I mean he looked, I mean he looked obviously was it was a blond, white man. He looked exactly how he looked in those VHS's but they were cartoons.
Speaker 2: But he looked like the real life version of that.
Speaker 1: Well maybe it was him. Listen, you can't just make a living doing Bible VHS's maybe it's a side hustle he had.
Speaker 2: You never know. And also.
Speaker 3: I was a kid who used to I think, on three or four different occasions I correctly guessed lottery numbers.
Speaker 1: Too, what, Bob, you are a psychic?
Speaker 3: Like on three or four occasions, I remember telling my mom money, you gotta play it was it was a three the three ball. Oh, you got to play these numbers, and she never ever played them. And then when she finally started listening to me, it was too late and I had lost the gift.
Speaker 1: See there, you'll hear from some psychics that will be like, it's not even necessarily that they have these supernatural powers. They just have some ghosts that keeps coming to them and telling them the answers. And that's like they're just relaying the message from the whoever, the ghosts, the angel whatever.
Speaker 2: So do you go see the future of these ghost telling about the past.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know who knows that one whatever you encountered clearly saw the future. But what that is like, my mind is blown. This is a good one, Bob.
Speaker 3: And what makes it really interesting that my grandmother was not old. My grandmother passed away fifty four years old. So it was it was heart attack, Oh my god, or gang violence. I'll let you decide. And okay, it was a heart attack. My grandma was a crip and the bloods were sick of it. No, it was my grandma had a heart attack at fifty four and passed away.
Speaker 1: Wow whah, And it was out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: If there were there were no signs, it's been signed. She probably had like you know, high cholesterol or something.
Speaker 1: But let me ask this, if you didn't go, she would have lived.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: According to the ghost.
Speaker 3: Maybe the angel didn't. Angel did not say if you go, He said, don't go. Your grandmother will die.
Speaker 2: So she could have died anyway.
Speaker 1: But maybe she was gonna die. You just don't want to be around it.
Speaker 2: And I actually wasn't there.
Speaker 3: My brother was there when she started having a heart attack and she passed away to the hospital. My brother is the one who actually went and got her boyfriend and was like, something's wrong with grandma.
Speaker 2: Something's wrong with with grandma.
Speaker 3: Grandma lives and then my brother was whisked away and I was at my cousin's house, Mount Lisa's house, and we were uh, so they just kind of put us upstairs and they told us to play video and we play video games. And then I remember them coming in and being like, your grandmother passed away.
Speaker 1: That is so crazy, and so nothing like this has ever happened to you.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: Well, when I was like twenty or nineteen years old, I was staying in a like a it wasn't a military base, but this this, this uh home I was in, or this like hotel or whatever it was I was in, used to be a military base because I was working in children's theater and I went to this uh like military summer camp to teach these kids how to do like sleeping beauty.
Speaker 2: Or rumple still skin one of those who shows.
Speaker 3: And I was lying in bed and it was another battle sleep proalyssis.
Speaker 2: I was lying in bed. And have you ever had sleep proalysis before?
Speaker 1: Never? Not once?
Speaker 2: I have it constantly.
Speaker 1: You sleep on your back, huh?
Speaker 2: I should?
Speaker 3: I try to, but sometimes it happens on my side too. It's actually scarier when it happens on your side than it is when you're on your back because when you're in your side, you can't see anything. You can only see like the wall behind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I was lying in bed on my back this time, like.
Speaker 1: Always, Yeah, that's a lot of the stories you tell.
Speaker 3: And the room got really really cold, if I remember correctly, And it was the summertime, so it was very odd that was so cold.
Speaker 1: And so nice.
Speaker 3: So it was one of those It was like a like a railroad style, like I could see from the bedroom into the little foyer into this other living room eras all one big and these windows opened up, and this woman in this like long, flowy white dress. She kind of looked like the grug the girl from a Grudge, but a little more glamorous. And she was like just slowly like floating toward me, and I could not move. Sleep paralysis is terrifying. Like when you have sleep paralysis, you have this immense sense of fear. You feel so afraid. It feels like something's coming to get you. It's scary when you're on your side because you can only see the wall or the pillow or whatever you're looking at. You can't even move a finger, and this thing just kept getting closer and closer to me, and she just like hovered at the foot of my bed for what felt like an eternity, and then it all just started vanishing and fading away, and then I was able to like finally wake up, wake up. So I think it might have been a bad dream that was me.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I see it as you sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the thing with sleep paralysis. It's one of one of these things where you can explain it away by science. So this happens when whatever. But I think it could be also paranormal at the same time, Like I think that that could be a ghost.
Speaker 2: Do you know that there was There's like stories of people who.
Speaker 3: They went to a coma and then they they were in the coma for like a week or a month or something, and then when they came to they were like, oh my god, where's my family? Like in the coma they lived an entire life, like died at eighty. So the mind is obviously incredibly powerful, right, So that's why I think that some people who have who have come close to passing away or passed way and came back. Your mind creates a reality for you. Our time is completely distorted and whatever you think you're seeing, And because our brains are essentially made of the exact same manner or the same material, that's why when you're all high. You're having similar experiences and similar feelings, and you see similar waves and.
Speaker 2: Lights and stuff.
Speaker 3: Because our brains are made of the same thing, We're all having very similar experiences.
Speaker 2: And that is what we think is the religious experience.
Speaker 1: I have talked. Are you saying religion isn't real?
Speaker 2: I am saying that emphatically.
Speaker 1: I have talked to so many millennials, and I've mentioned this on the podcast probably multiple times.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna Are you gonna make a judgment on my experience? If it was a ghost or if it was a demon, you didn't make any judgment.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, a ghost.
Speaker 2: Not an angel, not a demon, not a poultry.
Speaker 1: Guist, not a poultr geist. Poultry geist translates to noisy ghost, and it usually is not connected to a human like being. It's usu just like someone throwing shit or somehow shit gets thrown. An angel sure feels a little religious to me, But why not? Or is that just a good ghost or like you know, a ghost with special powers.
Speaker 2: I'm not ghost for telling the future. Because this ghost told me your grandma got another summer.
Speaker 1: That is avarition, right, Yeah, maybe that is an angel. I'm not sure now when you think about something. Wait, I have a point that I was about to make though, But but also when you think, okay, that's an angel, does that make you think, well, then that maybe that means Jesus is real or like.
Speaker 2: Because I think Jesus.
Speaker 3: I feel pretty certain that Jesus did exist and walk the earth, and historians are pretty uh, they have a general consensus yeah that he wasted.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but what about this the powers.
Speaker 2: Charlatan and a scam artist probably yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, So what I was gonna say is about then I've talked about this before a lot of people give or take why I was gonna say our age, But according to the Internet, I'm not really in this category. But saw The Ring and the Grudge at like a preteen kind of age, teen whatever, and it really stuck with them. And so many people will tell me sleep press the stories where it's that they see the girl with the long hair. Now was this girl? Was she out there trying to do this before those movies came out? Or is this just that's what we think of as the scariest fucking thing ever because it was so traumatic for us to see us at that age in like.
Speaker 2: Two hundred years, are ghosts gonna show up wearing skinny jeans?
Speaker 3: I feel like there was a ghost and a pair of big, oversized baggy pants and it had a middle part and it was really scary.
Speaker 2: Of course it was holding a Stanley cup. I'm so scared. You know.
Speaker 1: What I think about more so is like people that are like really into extreme like body modification and stuff like sometimes you see like ooh, this man, he lives his life as a snake or whatever. If that man's ghost came back in the middle of the night, that would be very startling.
Speaker 2: When you come back as a ghost, how do you want to up hear? Do you think that? Is this your peak form right now? Is it like a year ago?
Speaker 1: You said that, Really it's with a tone. You said that with a tone. I think I would want to come back dressed like a Dina Menzell, and I want people right now so this very moment, what first of all, this look is adele deseame, which is different your hipster. This is this is adele disease, not quite a Dina Menzell.
Speaker 2: Silver like silver like a Dnamozelle is adultaza.
Speaker 1: Wow, Bob, these I'm actually really impressed by your stories. I can't I can't believe it's taken seven years to get you on this podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, the experiences are the I had the experience. Did it really happen? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it was of my mind. I have a very creative mind. It just greats stuff even without my consent. But I still don't think I saw a ghost though.
Speaker 1: The fact that there's the prediction element to the one that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes it really weird.
Speaker 1: That's really crazy. And also why did that angel only tell you that thing but not other things?
Speaker 3: He just had a message to send me, but I didn't listen. Well, i'd listen. My mom didn't listen.
Speaker 1: But still it's like, I don't know, it's weird. It seems like there could be so many other things that could have warned you about throughout your life.
Speaker 3: Or he could have been he could have been like something's gonna come. It's gonna be called bitcoin and invest early. That would have been great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. Yeah, it's very strange. But you know what, that's what's fun about this. We don't know. We don't know. If we did, I wouldn't have a podcast.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bob. One thing that's always very real and accurate. We look at haunted dolls on this podcast. Can I show you a doll that's currently for sale on eBay right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Shows me.
Speaker 1: It's time for the dolls are living?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're going to prison. You're going to prison, Bob.
Speaker 1: We like to look at these haunted dolls. I just go to eBay dot com. I type and haunted doll. This one it's going for fifty five dollars.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad price.
Speaker 1: Her name's Maria. Show us Maria Gieha, you got it rise?
Speaker 2: So what's she haunted with?
Speaker 1: She definitely I'm guessing she's like a paper mache doll you would get in Mexico. There is a cultural element to her.
Speaker 2: Can we click on one of her body please? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I see yeah, yeah, that she's she seemed to be wearing like some sort of a traditional Latin American garment and she's it's like a big, big, flowy skirt and it's the color of candy corn with one random like I'm colorblind, what's that one strip at the bottom, second the bottoms with a green So it's candy corn with a green strip at the bottom and she's holding the dress up as if she's either walking or performing some sort of a dance.
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually have a lot. I kind of collect these I have, Like every time I got to Mexico, I usually get like a Dia delas Mortos or something type paper mache doll like this. She's not yes, I am.
Speaker 3: Okay, She's gonna say otherwise, you're just like a culture vulture. But you're a Mexican, so we will permiss it.
Speaker 1: Thank you you. She's not going strong on the makeup. She basically is just doing a lash and a lip.
Speaker 2: But that lower liner is really cut. That lower liner is giving down.
Speaker 1: Because she's doing the little where it extends underneath in the corner, and I like that for sure. Okay, now here's the thing. So she is haunted. There is a spirit inside of her, and the spirit inside of her, well, let me just read you because it comes with a bio. Maria is larger than life, and even death couldn't dim her spotlight. From the moment I began working with her, I knew she was fabulous, dramatic and absolutely unforgettable. Some spirits whisper, some spirits linger in the background, but Maria. Maria struts in, steals the scene and demands her standing ovation. She's not shy, not subtle, and definitely not for the fame of heart. If you welcome Maria into your space, expect sass, expect glamour, and expect to feel a little bit more fabulous just by being in her presence.
Speaker 2: Is Maria the spirit or is she the doll?
Speaker 1: The spirit inside of the doll?
Speaker 2: Is Maria?
Speaker 1: So this is all real. She was a drag queen.
Speaker 2: You feel like she was a drag queen.
Speaker 1: This is what this says. It says she was drag queen, a queen of the nightlife and a soul who lived for the electric thrill of the stage.
Speaker 2: Some assuming she's a doll from PV. It could be.
Speaker 1: Yes, She's a Portavarta drag queen, possibly that has found her way in here. She passed around her thirties or forties. But she does not dwell on sadness. She refuses to be remembered in sorrow. She wants to be remembered in glory, power, in sequence and rhyme stones.
Speaker 2: There are no sequence or ryanstones anywhere on the all.
Speaker 3: There's got to be a doll in Mexico that has sequences of Ryan Stones on it, like it was she did she wish she was just like a last minute by This is where is there a buyer's remorse?
Speaker 1: This is the closest doll she was able to find, because I do think it's like, Okay, I'm a ghost and I'm floating around. Where do I go? And then like you just have to find what doll you can? You can and you jump in.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't possess a doll. I would possess a speaker, like a Bluetooth speaker.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, Yeah, that would be fun.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, Electronics turning on by themselves, it's scarier than like an an anim an object slightly rotating at like one degree.
Speaker 2: Mm, yeah, you been home? You ever been home when the TV turned on byself?
Speaker 1: No? But my home's not haunted. Why does that happen in your home?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: It's maybe happened like once or twice, not my current home. But sometimes my boyfriend would do this thing where he stands right outside of the home, like outside the door, and he will turn on the Google Home and have it play Beyonce's Dun Crazy I Love, and then he marches to the house, open the door, and it stops around the house and whenever I'm not prepared for it's very scary.
Speaker 1: That's fun. So back to this doll, I'm kind of convinced that this is one of these cases that maybe this makes me sound full of myself, but I think that they're I'm I am suspicious of people that want to have a thing on this podcast because they know I'm always looking for funny dolls that are haunted for sale. This one sounds real spot on. It sounds like girl, she's a drag queen, but it says that she is good for somebody that is a performer likes to be on stage. I mean, it could be fun to have her around.
Speaker 2: Do you think these people are targeting you? They listen to like, oh roswal By.
Speaker 1: This, Well, they're like, oh, she'll feature this on the podcast. She'll love that. She'll get a kick out of this one.
Speaker 2: Do you ever buy any of them?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not, although my manager did buy me one and and not a damn thing has happened since it's been at my home.
Speaker 2: But do you like having it there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I do not. Is your manager listening?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: You can't just tell people you don't want their gifts. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: No, he knows I didn't want that. Wow, he did. See. Here's here's a problem that I deal with a lot, Bob, is that, first of all, people think that I'm spooky and scary, which I'm not. I like to talk about spooky as scary things. Okay, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I ain't no goth. Yeah, my hair is black, but that's just naturally how it is. I can't.
Speaker 2: It is my hair black? Yes? Do I hit my nose black? Yes, I've been wearing black lipstick. Yes. Do I wear a colder everycasion? Yes? I do. Am I holding a book of Satanic rituals? Yes, I'm not goth.
Speaker 1: You've never seen me do any of those things. Besides having black hair, I wear hot pink, I wear razzle dazzle.
Speaker 2: Yoah.
Speaker 3: Go to my Twitter right now, I have a footage of ros performing a Satanic ritual addressed in all black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's just because what's your favorite movie? Though?
Speaker 1: First of all, that was one time, and so now I'm now I'm spooky because one time I did a Satanic ritual.
Speaker 2: Your favorite movie will tell us if you're gothing that what's your favorite movie?
Speaker 1: My favorite movie, honestly, it's probably Boogie Nights, but I don't know. I love I love the first hour of show Girls. But you do like the Craft though, Yeah, I like the Craft, and you watch Wicked. I still have not seen Wicked.
Speaker 2: You're the one one member of the queer community and I who haven't seen Wicked yet.
Speaker 3: And we've been looking for this person NonStop and I can't believe I have actually found them.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a witch hunt.
Speaker 2: You should just be a witch. You have all the aesthetic. Just be a witch already.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think witchcraft is interesting. I've dabbled, for sure, But I'm not spooky, and I don't think witchcraft is necessarily spooky. I think at the end of the day, most of it is like pretty. It's pretty. It's like candles, it's oils, it's you burn things, it smells nice. It's not necessarily like around a cauldron lit. I mean it could be.
Speaker 2: I don't know, have you ever had a spell put on you before?
Speaker 1: I hope not. Let's not encourage that. But you know, Jinx is a huge witch and she's not spooky either.
Speaker 2: She's advertised a huge.
Speaker 1: Bob I got I guess is a big fat witch. I got another thing for you, you some ghost voices. Of course, it's time for EVP or ev Please have you ever heard the term EVP?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess electron Let me guess electronic voice projections not.
Speaker 1: Bad, electronic voice phenomenal?
Speaker 2: Got it? God? Okay?
Speaker 1: So this is basically any time a voice is captured that is not connected to a human body and then people go, it's a ghost.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it could be, you know, just somebody filming on their camera on their on a recordings advice. And there's thousands of these on YouTube, and I have two of them for you. I'm going to play you the EVP and I want you to tell me what you hear, and then I'm going to give you an abc D one of you know, one of them is the correct answer of what they believe the ghost is saying.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay? So this first one was posted by after Dark Club Paranormal Adventures. The location unknown. What is this ghost saying?
Speaker 2: Play again?
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't know if their smoke detector is going off.
Speaker 3: I thought this ghost is saying harder. I think this is a bottom ghost who's not getting what they need. And this goes to saying harder.
Speaker 1: It is kind of like sexy. It's like a harder That's not what after Dark Club Paranormal Adventures thought. Did they think it was a but.
Speaker 2: Okay? Which goes with what I said?
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a Lydia butthole? Collins Fan ghosts, got it? Is it b what home?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: See I want more?
Speaker 2: Two of those go with what I said?
Speaker 1: Or is it d.
Speaker 3: Go off?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 3: You know I'm gonna say, if it's a ghost, it's probably saying go home. But I do want to say that two of those were perfectly in line with what I said.
Speaker 1: They actually believe it's a butthole.
Speaker 2: The ghost said butthole.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that we know that, let's listen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with go home.
Speaker 3: They believe this is this something naked ear could hear or is thisthing you need like a ghost of ice.
Speaker 2: To hear your ear.
Speaker 1: Don't have to be naked, you could just hear like any This was captured. It was a recording that they listened back to got it and the man filming this is like you guys, the ghost said, butthole, he says in the video. He's like, my kids are gonna love this one.
Speaker 2: You hear what you want to hear, all right, butthole.
Speaker 1: Here's the next one. This one is from Miss Luna Winter and it's in her home. What is this ghost saying? Okay, this one's a different sounding one.
Speaker 2: It's chatty.
Speaker 1: It's chatty for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what are options.
Speaker 1: A Bob and money? Those two slay ridiculous. B Obviously, it's a game this life. See Bob is my name across the gate right over there? Okay, d the ride is broken because the gays broke it, all.
Speaker 2: Right, played it again so I can decide. Bob is my name across the gate over there?
Speaker 1: That is exactly what they thought it said. Wait, let's hear it again.
Speaker 3: Well, that just seems the fact that this sounds like a service position. And if I died, I'm not still doing my job. If I died, I'm not gonna be like, hey, buy my name. Please feel free to cross the gate over there, and we're gonna send you an email about our just let us know how you feel about our experience today. I'm not continuing the work if I'm not getting paid anymore?
Speaker 1: Well what about see? I also wonder if sort of like in retirement, when you like start a new career or like a new job for fun, you get a job at the store or whatever, is that like do you think that that predictor angel ghost like do you think that that's sort of like it was like a hot guy that died and then he was like, Okay, well what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: Just be dead? No?
Speaker 1: I want to like, what what kind of roles do we have? Can I interview for the job as like I want to beat the dead grandma ceiling messenger?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to be the one who does with their Grandma's gonna die. I would not want I would not want that job. I wouldn't want to get bad news.
Speaker 2: I want to be like, what is he gonna do? Promotions coming their way? Promotion is coming your way.
Speaker 1: I love how he just sort of like went back into the ceiling.
Speaker 2: And was have fun with that at first beat last.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, I need to hear this this EVP again. I think it says Bob is my name and the gays love me.
Speaker 2: I think that these ghosts need to go to speech therapy. Like, why do all the ghosts mumble?
Speaker 1: Well, how about when you die and you're a ghost, Let's see how easy it is. I have a feeling you're going to figure out how to talk.
Speaker 2: I'll be like hi.
Speaker 3: Everyone, There'll be no question, but hi, everyone is good to see you all. I'll be still hosting a podcast from the afterlot.
Speaker 1: Okay, last thing, rapid fire. What do you think of Bigfoot?
Speaker 3: I think Bigfoot was probably honestly, you want to hear my honest truth please? Finally, I think Bigfoot is probably an unhoused person covered in like stuff to stay warm and walking through the woods.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: But they and they were fine being there, like they I mean want to be left alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's walk through the woods covered like trying to keep themselves warm. If someone took a picture of them without their consent and it's like it's it's a Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Do you know they're trying to make Bigfoot the official state of California? Cryptid really, Yeah, there's been a petition for that, and what is it?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: We don't have one. There's not such a thing because there's real issues in this world right now that need to be addressed. But what do you think about psychics? You've never been to one.
Speaker 3: I've been doing psychic Yeah, but I mean it was like one time, Oh, tell me about it. I got nothing out of it, really nothing.
Speaker 1: Where what was the situation? Was this like a fancy one or.
Speaker 3: Was it was a psychic that was used to be next to the bar hardware in New York City? And I just stopped in because she was always there open when the when the bars were clearing out, and I was like, I'm gonna go to the the to the palm reader slash psychic.
Speaker 1: And she just had nothing to give you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She was like, there's gonna be a guy. There's always a guy, honeyway, that's that's the easy prediction with me. There's gonna be a guy. Okay, sure right, Nar wrote down Mary. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I know the guy never came, by the way, why didn't he come?
Speaker 2: Now, some guys, some guys did come, but the guy she described did not. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Uh oe gee boards, I've.
Speaker 3: Never used one. I'm open to it. Although, if I'm gonna be honest, they scare me a little bit, really, weed, you boys do scare me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you ever go ghost hunting?
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be cold?
Speaker 1: Possibly?
Speaker 2: No, would you ever go with me again? Is it gonna be cold?
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: If we can go somewhere warm, I'm gonna be I'd probably interested. But if if I have to wear a coat, if I have to be cold, I would probably not want to do it.
Speaker 1: To be honest, Oh really, I will take that any day ever being hot. Have you seen my faux for a collection?
Speaker 3: I would rather be over ninety degrees, oh my god, than under forty degrees.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what's so nice is if these ghosts really are cold and really do exist, they should be able to take care of that for us and cool it off. If it's ninety degrees, I prefer it because I don't want no swamp ass. But you want to be cold, I would always rather be cold and bundled. You know I'm a sweater queen. You know I'm a faux for queen.
Speaker 2: Well, when it out, it was fall, so I assumed that you were just dressing appropriately with the weather.
Speaker 1: No, I'm like that in the summer.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I love it.
Speaker 1: Never I don't even own any you have some story dresses. Yes, when I'm on stage, it's very different.
Speaker 2: I have great legs. Oh we are you covering them up? You know what? Because it's your body can do everyone with Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can do exactly whatever I want to do with my transgender body.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I believe women.
Speaker 1: I believe you and your stories that you have shared with us today. I would say most people won't.
Speaker 2: But I do you think I'm lying?
Speaker 1: No note at all. No, And I'm telling you this the stuff we talk about on this podcast, it gets outragelus. Nobody's going to call you a lot. Hey, Bob, tell people where to find you. Oh my god, tell them about your book. You know, we got some history buffs here.
Speaker 3: I wrote a book called Harrod Tubman Live in Concert as a historical fiction piece about Herotubman coming back to life and writing a hip hop album. It takes place right now in current day. You can get a copy of it at readth drag Queen dot com. If you want to sign copy, you can go to Bob signed book dot com. And the audiobook has two original songs in it that I'm really proud of.
Speaker 1: Who recorded the songs?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Is it your voice?
Speaker 2: It's my voice. My voice is the audiobook. The songs are also me.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my god, that's so fun. Bob.
Speaker 2: Congratulations the singers and voices, there's singers whose voices are on there as well, but I'm the one. I'm the main star.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Bob, thank you Oz, thank you Major and your podcast. And you're you know, you're always doing stuff.
Speaker 2: So you have the speech impediment that makes everything you say sound sarcastic.
Speaker 1: No, I do, Wait, how do you sound now I'm trying to sound sarcastic. Oh, yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: There's this thing on Kids in the Hall back the minute where he goes, sorry, I have this speech epedimid. Everything I say sounds sarcastic, so it goes really He goes yeah really.
Speaker 2: And I think you have that.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, I've been accused of that before.
Speaker 2: So would you like to give me a genuine compliment before we end the podcast?
Speaker 1: Yes, Bob, I think that you are genuinely one of the most.
Speaker 2: You're you are fighting demons to give me this compliment.
Speaker 1: I think that you are one of the most. I feel like I have to finish this sentence. Dynamic performers that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing in person.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take I'm gonna find the compliment in there.
Speaker 1: Is that not a compliment? You were a dynamic performer.
Speaker 2: Dynamic dynamic I mean one week you're really good, at one week really bad.
Speaker 1: Is that what that means?
Speaker 3: Dynamic like dynamics like when things are like quite uh disparate, Right, the dynamics of this are up and down, left and right. But it also could mean like you seeing you dance, you act, you're powerful. Dynamic has a lot of difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm talking about like you can write a book. Oh, you can record music, you can be on multiple reality TV shows, and you could do stand up.
Speaker 3: I'm going to accept all those compliments. Thank you, Thank you, Ross, And can I give you a company?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I should think so.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 3: I think you are effortlessly funny. You have such an infectious personality, and when you're around, despite your best efforts, you're very, very charming. Even though you try to act like you're not sweet and lovey w you're actually really sweet and kind.
Speaker 1: Oh Bob, I'm so sad that I don't see you more.
Speaker 2: Well, you literally are you cold? You're going to pass my studio on the way home.
Speaker 1: You are literally one of the craziest thing listeners. Bob is less than one mile away from us right now, and he refused, that's not true. I'd be in the same building as me.
Speaker 2: I offered to come. Ros said, I look like shit today, but will you stop by my studio the way on the way home? Please? Fine?
Speaker 1: I will, all right, bye, but my name is Bob.
Speaker 2: Please stay clear the closing doors.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Bob. Go buy her book, ah Lover. I will be making Bob come back on the show because she is somebody that can make anything entertaining, and I'm sure we could have a lot of fun talking about, you know, a famous documented case or something like that. All Right, my DearS, go to roz Hernandez tour dot com to get your tickets to come see me live. Tell everyone you know about this podcast. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came on. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at Ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez, and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie en Joy. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the frightening Danielle Kramer. Listen to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.