Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Yess is on the phone today for a first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Eric. So in a few minutes we're gonna call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her a second date.
Speaker 1: But first, just how long has it been since you heard from Eric.
Speaker 3: It's been since the date, so I haven't heard from him since the night we went out.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you guys leave that?
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, I thought we left it really great, you know, I thought we definitely had chemistry. So, yeah, we met up at this at this bar. It's at this like speakeasy. It was a pop up bar behind a record store, so it was like a really cool setting, you know. And conversation went, well, he's a graphic designer, he's got a really great smile. Well, he's got kind eyes. He was really funny. It felt very flirty. He was a little dry and sarcastic, but I don't know, it still felt really flirty when he would, I don't know, make a joke, and I really liked his style, his his vintage jacket. Well it smelled like tom Ford tobacco and vanilla. I don't know, it felt.
Speaker 1: Wow, very specific.
Speaker 3: Well, he was close enough to me. Did I get smell as jacket is when I'm trying to stay Yeah. So we were at this pop up bar, like I said, uh, there's a DJ there. So we danced some playing nineties hip hop, and then we had some mestal concoctions. There was like a mystery mixology challenge and if you guess the secret ingredient, you got a free round. So that was fun, and we did indeed get a free round, so that was cool. So you know, we had some drinks, we had some laughs, and the night went really well. So everything at the restaurant, like I've replayed it in my mind a million times, you know, nothing seemed weird there. And then after the bar closed, we went to my apartment for a nightcap, and you know, we had a nightcap and some fun. And then the next morning, you know, we woke up or whatever, and then I noticed that this is so, this is what I think happened, but I'm not sure, but I noticed that my exit electric razor was on the bathroom shelf, and I kept I've kept my Exits Electric Raider because it works really well and I like to shame my legs with it, and I like it better than anything I've used. I'm afraid that he might have seen it and think that I have like a revolving door of guys, you know. But I mean that's really the only thing I can think of, because we had chemistry, We had a really fun time, like we really seemed to be vibing. The date went whole and well, yeah.
Speaker 4: He came back to your place. I mean that's definitely I think he was definitely feeling it. So then when he left in the morning, did you hit him up later, did you guys like say we'll do this again, or was he just kind of like peace?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like in person in person, like it elluded, like, hey, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I didn't follow up with a text, just because I'm trying to let the guy make the next move. You know. It just it felt like ball was in his court, you know, but now we're taking the ball back.
Speaker 1: Whoa fig Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Well, it just it just doesn't make sense to me. It just does not make sense because like we had a really good time.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be a raiser.
Speaker 4: I mean if you guys weren't if you weren't able to explain it, I mean, maybe this would be an opportunity to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he didn't seem like a guy who was just like looking to like hook up and then you know, see it, it didn't seem like that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back and call him and see to tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get your first day follow up right after this if you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up. Jess is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Eric. So we're about to call him and see ifho tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her a second date if she still wants one. But before we do that, Jess, why don't you catch us up on your date again?
Speaker 3: Real quick? Okay. So we met and this really cool speakeasy bar. We had a really fun time. We danced, we made some drinks, and then he went back to my place. We had some funny stayed the night, and then I noticed the next morning that my ex's razor was on the shelf and I kept it because I like it better than any radio views. But I'm afraid to be saw and thinks that, like I have a revolving door of guy, and I think that might have garred him away. Okay, but I haven't heard from him since that night. But it really felt everything else felt great, So I'm afraid the razor.
Speaker 1: Scared him away.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, well are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, here here we go. Hello, I'm askepeak to Eric. Please.
Speaker 5: This is Eric.
Speaker 1: Hey Eric, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewel Show.
Speaker 4: Hi Eric, I'm Nina.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Jewbell. What's up?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: Wow? Yeah, I wasn't ready for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you've listened to Have you listened to the show before?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I listened all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, great. Have you heard a first a follow up before?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I didn't realize it'd be a victim of one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a segment where if you go out on a day with somebody and you end up ghosting them, they can email us to call you and find out why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you, Eric, okay, any idea who would email us?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 5: Uh? What was the name?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Je Jeff, Jessica Jeh Jeff.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it, jess. She told us about your date, said that you were awesome and really liked you, but can't figure out why your ghost sting her. Do you mind telling us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean so, yeah. The night the night of the date, she we went her place, she gave she gave me a tour and she yeah, okay, she pulled a curtain in her bedroom and boom, there's a wall of dolls staring at me like a like a like a creepy jury. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, I don't know how to recover from that.
Speaker 1: She yeah, like a collection, like you know, maybe it's just.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, at least thirty I'm not even kidding, Like thirty dolls just all facing out making eye contact with me.
Speaker 1: Sometimes those dolls are worth a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't care what they are. It was totally freaky.
Speaker 4: They're hiding behind the curtain too, huh.
Speaker 5: Exactly how they would play like it's just like revealed and boomed they were there. I just yeah, I still have nine mirarus about it. Okay, Yeah, it felt like I was instead of a horror movie or something. You know, they're all different, Like each one looked like a different character. You know, there's like a blond redhead. It was frightening, and they looked very well cared for. That was one of the most frightened parts that, Like, it looked like they all have the different hairstyles. You know, one had like braids. It's like this this you know, just looked like you're spending time on these which I don't know if I could go out with the girls, like spend more time on her dolls and I picture her like in the middle of her room, just like laughing, just combing their hair, you know, having conversations, like full blown conversations with them.
Speaker 1: I yeah, at well, thank you for telling us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll also let you know that Jess is on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Whoa wait, she's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah he heard all that.
Speaker 5: Oh hey Jes.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's ridiculous you ghosted me over that.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, in the moment it stuck with me, and not in a good way.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. There are a collection of dolls and their vintage, and some of them were my mother's dolls. And I closed the curtain because I know sometimes it can be perceived as creepy, but there worth a lot of money. I can't believe you would gost me or something like this.
Speaker 5: There were thirty worstlin faces staring right at me, and they callowed me like what. I would walk around, they would just put their eyes, would just follow me.
Speaker 3: You know, better than a household action figures you probably hide from your mom o.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: I don't, I do not have two figures. Just not everyone has dolls. I swear one of them even smirked at me.
Speaker 3: Oh are you sure it was a smirk and not an eye roll at your cocktail skills?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well I think one, yeah, one did that. I just they're like little these little like mossia boxes plotting on how to get rid of me.
Speaker 3: You know, they're inanimate. What you literally can't have a little quirky fund in someone's apartment.
Speaker 5: Okay, look, okay, look if you're if you're having quirky fun in your apartment. That's great, just not my jam. It's just a little too weird for me. I mean, you put up a curtain for them so they can get some rest. I don't know, man, that's just really out there. That's too out there for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, you you made that. I didn't put up a curtain for them to get some rest. I put up a curtain just so I felt like they wouldn't look at me. I'm keeping them because maybe one day I want to sell them and their vintage and antique. I thought you were cultured. Jeez, Louise, Like, I don't know, have you never heard of collectors?
Speaker 5: Of course I've heard of collectors, but these these dolls. I mean, if you're going to collect something like, why collect these lifeless beings that just stare out out at you like, you know, like they're about to like they're plotting murder. I don't trust them, all right.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you have some hang ups and you have some phobias. And you know that's not on me.
Speaker 5: What I don't I mean phobia is it's just it just freaks me out.
Speaker 3: Us Test is right about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just that's one of your adults.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, she wore me about you. She said that you weren't good news. I should have listened to her.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, Eric, would you like to go out? What Jess again? Will pay for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's a hard past.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's no for me too. You know, I make my own dolls do as well as collecting them. I might be making one of.
Speaker 5: You two, Please don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of these days, if you get a random pain in your side, that's me.
Speaker 1: Juble's first date follow up