Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike SEMPERVV. You're ready, when you're ready, let's get it all now.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with Andrew Zarian.
Speaker 3: And it is god.
Speaker 1: What is today? Everything's all screwed up. Now it's Wednesday here on the show, and you don't know what that means because everything's all wacky. Last night was Dynamite should be tonight, but it wasn't. It was last night Title Tuesday, and it went kind of head dad with the NXT on CW. NXT went eight to ten, Dynamite went nine to eleven, and we got results of both shows, highs and lows on both shows. So we're gonna get as much into it as we can coming up here tonight and then you know, full results are on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave and Vinie, and I will be up Thursday with a full recap as well. Well, we got to talk about that in all the news this weekend is aw Wrestle Dream and we've just added another match, so this point we got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten main card matches and a Zero Hour match and perhaps more to be added for Zero Hour as well. But this is from the Ta Comodome on Saturday, so we'll go over the lineup for that, and then you know, this coming week we've got an NXT show. They already have five matches announced for the show. A lot of stuff going on involving in NXT and Hurricane Milton, which actually is affecting a lot of people, a lot of wrestlers down there and others as well, So we'll tell you about that. It's not looking good and we'll give the update on everything there. Also, we talked last night about Lucasaurus and how he was supposed to have been back in the gym Monday. He is not back in the gym. And a Christian last night made a comment about a serious medical issue involving lucasaurus, which we all knew about, but apparently it's much more serious than we knew. So we'll talk about that as well, and plenty more back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 4: What's better than one win three wins? With Straight Savings. You keep your own phone, get one line for only twenty five dollars a month with real unlimited data, and get rewarded with a two hundred dollars phone credit after twelve months. It's a win win win. Head to Walmart or visit straight talk dot com today. Switch to straight Talk less dollars, more cents. Straight Savings Plan enrollment requires compatible, unlocked device, A new line of service bonus device credit requires twelve months of active service Offerends of eligibility requirements are no longer meant. Taxes and peas apply for network management practices see Straight Talks terms and conditions.
Speaker 5: My fellow Americans, let the message ring out back from this day forward. When you buy American, you buy the best, hand crafted, something premium, something pure. For this is the very essence of what our service men and women gave their lives to protect, and by God we shall not allow their sacrifice to be forgotten.
Speaker 2: It's time to show.
Speaker 3: The world just how great American can be. And we will not wait for tomorrow to come. You will stand here.
Speaker 5: Together, We will start today.
Speaker 3: Don't ever protect.
Speaker 5: How great it is to me American America.
Speaker 3: Right now, American.
Speaker 6: Celebrate responsor keep listening for a free virus protection offer. Protect your computer from crashing and online scams. According to National Research, one third of all computers are infected with some sort of computer malware and one third of you have been a victim of online fraud. Protect yourself now with my Computer Works. We're an eighteen year old US based company with a four point eight Google rating. We've helped your neighbors protect their computers for almost twenty years, and now you two can be protected for less than one dollar a day. Get your total PC home support right now. Call our US based specialist right now and learn about our free offer. And remember, if we can help you, our services cost you nothing, So call right now.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight that's eight hundred three, five, two, seventy six, eighteen.
Speaker 8: This is JD.
Speaker 3: Sharp.
Speaker 8: I've been developing a revolutionary sports handicapping service and you can be a part of the beta. Sign up at BetUS dot com with a deposit of as little as fifty dollars and use the promo code Sharp Betting. Email a screenshot of your account to Worldwide Sharp at gmail dot com, and all reply personally with my plays. My NFL record this season was an industry best seventy two and thirty three and this is the only way to know all my plays the moment I make them. Let's keep making money together.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Bryan Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live like simper Viv also Wrestling Observer dot com. Seems like every day before we get to the for volity of wrestling, we've got to talk about absolute disasters and terrible news. And Hurricane Milton is the latest. It is on its way going to make landfall apparently in about nine hours, and this is likely the first time in one hundred years that Tampa's gonna get hit, and I mean they're talking like fifteen foot swells. And the mayor yesterday at Central said, if you're in an evacuation zone and you don't get out, it's not that you might die, you will die. And there are a lot of people that kind of remind there weren't a lot of people that this happened to, but when Mount Saint Helens was gonna go, it was essentially the same thing, like you need to get off this mountain and if you don't, that's it. And there were people that chose to stay and they didn't make it. So I think like they've got bridges closed now, so if you're not out, you're not out. So I guess we'll see what happens. But all the best everybody there. There's a lot of wrestlers that have, you know, hunkered down in Orlando and neighboring areas. I know there's a lot of people that couldn't make it to the show. Last night, Jeff Jarrett replaced Daddy Magic. Daddy Magic was supposed to be doing commentary for the show because they were going to tie in. I guess the Daniel Garcia announcement that he'd re sign with Daddy Magic on commentary, but he couldn't. He didn't leave. He didn't leave Florida with his family, I guess. And then Britt Baker is in Orlando, but it wasn't. I mean, she was just legitimately sick. So they told that story on the air. But all of the NXT wrestlers they can't fly back from Saint Louis. They're all stranded in Saint Louis for the foreseeable future. So man, not good, not good at all. All the best everybody out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so many people, excuse me, and so many wrestlers live in that area. We were in a text before the last hurricane kind of talking about how it used to be so many wrestlers were living in the path of where that hurricane went, because it looked like he could be up as far as Pensacola first and then down through Tampa and they kind of pretty much avoided it, but talked about how a lot of wrestlers now live Inland because of the Performance Center and because of wanting to be closer to Orlando or being closer to Jacksonville. It's just this is going right over Tampa to Orlando and then possibly even up as far as Jacksonville, and it's just going to be catastrophic what it looks like. And it's just all the best to everybody, all the best to everybody still recovering from the last hurricane.
Speaker 1: And then we got it so yesterday and observer Radio Dave was asking what the update was on Lucasaurus. Lucasaurus had he collapsed in his house? Trying to remember all the details. He collapsed in his house a couple of fridays ago, and I think it was collapsed lungs, ended up in the hospital, was on oxygen. I mean, he was in really rough shape. And then I think it was last weekend. The last word I got was that he was doing a lot better and they were hopeful that he was going to be in the gym this past Monday. I think it was his past Monday. But anyway, that was the latest that I got, and so I assumed yesterday that he was probably back in the gym again, And as it turns out, he is not back in the gym, and he will not be back in the gym for a while, and he's not going to be back wrestling, probably for a while and it's hopefully he will be back wrestling in a while. So apparently there were complications and I guess he got maybe a flu or something like that, and I guess he also he had some issue and I guess they don't know what it is, but maybe he had sleep apne or something like that. So his immune system, I guess was compromised. So he ends up getting this flu and bad oxygen uptake as a result of whatever else turned into pneumonia. And apparently he is in he is at higher risk for a relapse, is what I was told. And the big concern is that after all of this, you know, they they've been running test after test after test, and apparently there may be permanent damage. They found calcification in a heart valve and his body is not producing iron, and so he's got like a whole bunch of tests that he apparently has to take. And I mean, it's it's bad. So it's bad enough that he still I guess has to you know, he's out of the hospital apparently, but he still has to do oxygen because just like things at home, it's hard to breathe, and he's got to go to specialists and likes it's a potential. I mean, I don't want to say it's a career ending issue, but like it could be a career ending issue. So all the best. De Lucasaurus. It's one of those things you know, you gotta be careful because it happens. You know, pro wrestler, great shape, you know, was doing well and then boom.
Speaker 3: Just like it could be life changing, you know, depending on what the scarring is with his lungs and how much he's able to build them back up. I mean, I mean think about the fact that, again I don't know what the guy does in his personal life, but you know, he was healthy enough and had enough win to wrestle professional wrestling matches, and he got to the point where probably happened relatively quickly too. You know, the symptoms were probably there for a while, but then to be stricken down where you are your lungs aren't functioning, and to the point where now this is there's complications. This is very scary. So yeah, hopefully he's able to come back and you know, forget about wrestling, but just be able to get back into a full healthy, you know man for his family, My god.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all the best to uh Lucisaurus kill switch. Hopefully he uh gets healthy, that's the main thing. I mean, something like this happens. Wrestling's wrestling, but you got to get healthy and hopefully they figure out what's going on and get it worked on and and he ends up healthy, so all the best to him. So then, uh, I don't know if this is a just a bizarre story. There was reportedly an incident at the hotel where several NXT talent were staying on Tuesday night.
Speaker 3: It's a hell of a transition to this story.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I just heard about it. A man was reportedly ejected from the hotel twice for allegedly attempting to photograph NXT talent, specifically the feat of female performers as they walked through the building. Yeah, they're all stuck there in this hotel. They can't leave, and uh there's this guy taking pictures of everybody's feet. So he got tossed out twice, and uh what next?
Speaker 3: I don't know. What do you follow that with?
Speaker 1: Taz Is recovering from surgery. That's actually good news this poor guy.
Speaker 3: Let's move up there, taz Is Is I think tomorrow is it?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow. He's got a birthday coming. Everyone's birthday is right around this time. Seawan's birthday is tonight, Vinnie's birthday is tomorrow. Actually, think Shawn's birthday was yesterday. Vinnie's birthday is tomorrow. Think about Tony Kahn's birthday is tomorrow.
Speaker 3: In February, when it's cold and you're snowed in, what is there to do?
Speaker 1: And then it as he turns fifty seven on Friday, But like all I heard was he's fifty seven. He walks around like he's ninety seven, and he's got airports he's got to go through and arenas he's got to go through, and you know, apparently like his wife. And you know how Hook is actually Guys, if I say that and you think you don't know how Hook is, you actually do because if you ever watch AW, that is a great example. Hook and Moxley are the two examples where what you see is what you get. That's who these guys are. And Hook being Hook, I guess was always telling his dad, like, just fix your knee, dude. So apparently he went in and fixed his knee and full knee replacement surgery and hopefully for his birthday, for his fifty seventh birthday, I hope he will walk around like he's fifty seven and not ninety seven. So all the best of Tazz as well.
Speaker 3: And well he won't be able to do that on his fifty seventh birthday.
Speaker 1: Well probably not on the actual birthday, but no, you know, he'll he'll get there. And then I don't have an update on Britt Baker except she was sick, like sick enough that they wouldn't let her get on the airplane. But I was told it was not something like, you know, she's on death's door or anything, but just like some flew or whatever and just sick as a dog. So anyway, best wishes her as well, and we'll try to get in some better news after the break, right, maybe we can talk about javaon Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Here in the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. Uh huh, I'll say, let me adjust in my chair. Yeah, okay, I'll say this all right, Randy, and Javon wasn't a disaster, Okay, It wasn't a disaster. It was exactly what I thought they were gonna do, Like exactly, Randy dominates the match, Javon gets a comeback, he literally got a near fall, and then they went for the big wacky springboard into the r KO finish. They actually messed it up. But it's a new Randy Orton. He's a father, kids are in the crowd, and he was like, eh, lifted the guy up, gave him the RKO, laughed at how stupid it looked, and it was over and that was it.
Speaker 3: So Javon won't be getting fired like Ken Kennedy U.
Speaker 1: The guy afterwards or whatever. And I mean, here's the thing, here's a thing. Well that's another thing. But I'm gonna say this. Okay, if you think that this greatly helped and elevated Javon Evans, let's talk money. I got a lot of can sellia, all right, I got a lot of cancellia. Did it kill him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Am I gonna hear the same crap I hear after every Javon wrap. He's only twenty, He'll be fine. Yes, I will hear the same thing. But you know what actually kind of made me mad? What's okay. I had a booking idea which they didn't do because.
Speaker 3: No one listens to you. We've established that no.
Speaker 1: But listen to this. I thought, okay, you want to give Javon the rub. I know they think that the rub is he has a enough competitive match, he gets a near fall and then he gets RKO to death and pinned. Okay, I think that, you know, okay, that's their usual. But you know what really get the guy over is if they do a match for a while and listen, I said, Gallus, it made people met. I don't care who it is, Axiom and Nathan frad whoever. Somebody runs in attacks both guys and then we get a tag match where Randy teams with Javon Evans and maybe Randy hits an r KAO out of nowhere. This bloke stumbles to a feet and Javon does a springboard RKAO out of nowhere and Javon pins the guy. I promise you, I promise you. That would have done far more to get Javon over than what they did. And the irony is this. Earlier on on the same show, they had two big stars from the main roster, the women's tag team champions Bianca bell Air and Jade Cardial and they teamed her with Kolanie Jordan. They had a six person match. The match was actually really good, and then Bianca and Jade hit a big move and they go bob am. Kilanie goes up top hits her spring split legged moon salt and Klannie gets the pit and the freaking place went nuts and Kilanie celebrates with Biank and Jade. They're all on the same level. I was like, Yeah, that's how you do it. They literally did it on the same show with somebody else. It's like, oh my god, I quit. Who cares. He'll he'll be on the main roster by forty you know, he'll get his run, He'll all be great and everything like that. God whatever, who cares.
Speaker 3: They would have did the same sort of thing. You'd be complaining they did the same.
Speaker 1: No, I would not. You think I'm gonna complain about them doing my idea twice. No, I feel like finally.
Speaker 3: You would complain. Fact, think did it? That's so you'd be fine with you know what else.
Speaker 1: K Klan's only twenty five. She'd have been fine, but you did it right with her? Do we have to wait till this blokes twenty five years old? Do we have to wait till I watch this guy in the CW for five years before we pull the trigger on him? Five years.
Speaker 3: More of a stamp of approval in their eyes? Did will be? You know what you're turning into. You're turning into the guy who's still complaining about Carter signing there for that four year deal. It's gonna kill his career because he's signing there.
Speaker 1: I never complained about Ben Carter signing.
Speaker 3: A lot of people did I didn't.
Speaker 1: Does anybody even know you want to complain about what somebody else complain about? That's fine, but I never did.
Speaker 3: I'm just bringing it up because that's the person that you sound like. Okay, like that.
Speaker 1: I don't care if you think I sound like someone else. I actually didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I know you didn't. I'm finally, and I'm not accusing you of saying that so you can stamp your feet over there. I'm just saying you're right. They're not doing everything I think to make Javon Evans as big of a star as they should. I just it's amazing how this one sticks in your craw to the point where you know, okay, fine, he'll make it by forty, you know, come on.
Speaker 1: Please, well you know what, I'll just say this. When he makes it before forty, let me know. I'll wait, Okay, I'll wait.
Speaker 3: Will you still be He's gonna be thirty nine.
Speaker 1: They'll go, it's twenty Hold on a second, he's twenty now, it's twenty twenty four, so this will be twenty forty four. Okay, by twenty forty four, when you're forty, you're gonna be like early in life, people are gonna be living like a hundred twenty. So he'll probably be thirty nine years old, and I'll have the same bloke telling me, eh, he's only thirty nine. He'll still be fine. Everything is good, man.
Speaker 3: He'll still be on NXT. He'll be the Keenan Thompson like he is on Saturday Night Live of MXT. At that point, it'll be like him and Sean will be looking both ways in a rocking chair, going back and forth, and I guess see him. Punk will be down there taking over for Sean, and Javon can still be there, like, you know, just if he can get one more chance, you know, he'll still be there with him probably fell and.
Speaker 1: Emily, Now I started off with a negative, but I'm a fair man. And let me tell you something. My favorite thing in NXT in months, and my favorite thing on either show last night was this frickin' Obafemi Tony D match. Oh my god, dude. It was like it was everything coming together. Like if you don't watch NXT and you watch the match, it'll be kind of like, all right, yeah, that was pretty cool, good good heat. It was like a good match or whatever. But like, you gotta follow this from the very beginning, like you gotta watch. You gotta like follow what they've done with Oba Femi, Like this guy is just like he's unbeatable. He's unbeatable, and he's gigantic, and he just kills everybody and nobody stands a chance. And then they've got Tony D. And they did this storyline where Tony D faced Oba Femi and Oba broke him. He broke Tony D, just broke his spirit and Tony D like he just gave up and he walked out and like he was all miserable, and they're trying to find out what's wrong with Tony D and does he want to rematch and then Tony finally had missed this big murderous gangster babyface finally admits, you know what, I'm scared. I can't beat this guy. And the family's like, why are you talking like this? And it ends up with Rizzo. They're doing like the Rocky storyline, and Rizzo's just like, dude, I know you really want this. I know you want to do this. We'll train you, and she talks him into training again, and it was really clever because like the way they're doing the storyline, you're thinking, well, he has to beat oba Femi, but then it's like, dude, no one's beating oba Femi. This guy's unstoppable. And then they did a thing like a week ago where Tony is, you know, they're kind of going, you know what, maybe you're gonna win, but even if you don't win, man, brother, you gave it your all. And as soon as they said that, I thought, okay, like this is gonna be a cool storyline and he's gonna go on. He's not gonna beat oba Femi. So they train him and everything like that, and they're doing this match and the match is like fine, you know, it's okay, there's decent heat or whatever. But then they do a spot where they both tumble outside. It's all from memory, by the way, I don't even know. They all tumble outside and the families they made a wall and they're staring down Oba Femi and Oba Femi's just laughing at him, and he's laughing at Tony and he shoves Stacks and Luca Crucofino and in taking a bump, they knock down Rizzo and Tony's stirring to his feet and all of a sudden he sees Oba and he sees Rizzo and man, it's on like nick bone and he just fires up and he makes the best baby face comeback. And this dude's throwing Oba around and they're doing all these great near falls and then like his big move is a spinebuster, and they go outside and Oba's getting his choke slam through the announced table, but Tony picks him up and bom, he puts him to then oun table with the spinebuster plays going nuts. He throws him in the ring. He hits another spinebuster. It's like, man, it's now or never, brother, you at you're finished to a table and in the ring and he covers one two. Oba kicks out and it's like, ah, man, this is great, but like he ain't beating this guy, and Oba just does the zo He doesn't even just kick out, he kicks out and he does a zombie sit up. As I go, well it was good, Walt lasted and he freaking grabs Tony by the throat and he goes for his big choke slam and Tony Sunset flips down his back jackknife cradle one two three. This building blew up, and Tony's like he does the big like it's not like a pro wrestling thing. He's like, God, he just is so excited that he got this guy. Dude, this was awesome, absolutely freaking great, the best thing I've seen in NXT in months. God, it was so good. But you have to watch the watch. You have to dedicate yourself to the whole thing for to be as great as it was. And I suffered through dedicating myself to the whole thing because I had to watch, you know, the rest. But man, this is great, absolutely great. I don't want to hear one bad thing about this or that's that's fighting words. Mike.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't get within ten feet to me, buddy, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: That's right. I couldn't beat you up unless I got close.
Speaker 3: You couldn't.
Speaker 1: I can't just go.
Speaker 3: But I know, but I know what I could do to you. I know what I could do to you. And I tell you what, there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of ways I'm stupid about Spokane.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 1: Hit me with it?
Speaker 3: Oh, believe me, you'll be hit with it. Tony d How this thing started with him going after the North American title, and you remember how convoluted things were coming out of the deal with no quarter catch crew. I can't believe they were able to take this where they did. I thought it was going to be so goofy at times with them in the restaurant all that sort of stuff. But you know what, with how the thing paid off, I think it's great. And now he's always got one thing over this monster overthem me, he's got to win.
Speaker 1: Loved it back in a moment observerlive.
Speaker 9: Attention. Then here's a great way to have more fun in bed and save money. If you want to take something like viagra, they can give you a way to pay as little as two dollars a pill, Yes, two dollars a pill. Compare that to prices as high as sixty dollars per tablet. These pills work for men to improve their performance and confidence. You'll love them. And now, for the price of two or three pills, you can get fifty or more for around one hundred dollars. You'll save hundreds of dollars off retail prices. That's enough to buy your data nice dinner. Don't pay expensive prices for Viagra. Call now, order fifty or more of our Blue pills and pay as little as two dollars a pill and save hundreds of dollars. Call any time for confidential shipping.
Speaker 7: Call Steelman Pills now eight hundred nine six five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred nine sixty five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 10: Everyone watches more than five hours of telege really, and that's not counting mobile viewing. Get Dish TV and make that time worth it. With Dish you can get hundreds of channels, access to all kinds of sports, tons of movies, premium channels, and more. Another thing that's really cool with Dish is you can watch most of your favorite shows on your mobile device anywhere for a lot less than cable.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 10: We are asking you to watch more TV and not less TV, but make it better television with Dish this time, anytime, anywhere. So call right now and learn how easy it is to save on your television bill and get the most out.
Speaker 2: Of your TV viewing experience.
Speaker 10: Dial that number and I promise you were here waiting for your call because we want to save you money and give you better television. We are Dish TV.
Speaker 7: Eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight. That's eight hundred two nine three zero three twenty eight. Do you need to sell your home? If you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was sold. Dot com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a flat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true sold dot com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live like simper vv also Wrestling Observer dot Com down to Earth again so raw this past Monday night? Should we talk ratings? Anyone care? Anyway? They took out that third hour and the show did fine. It didn't do like a a gigantic number anything before. It is slightly up one point five to five million viewers and a point for seven, very similar to last week. But as we also had a Kansas City chiefs versus New Orleans Saint match with Taylor swift so natural fifteen point eight million and a four point three four rating, and also a New York Yankees versus can't see the Royals playoff game three point four eight million and a point eight three. So that's what happens. See him, well, there's a missing period here, it says to see him Punk interviewed at one hundred and seventy one million viewers. I think that's one point seventy one. But that was the high point of the show when he said he's going home and uh, this guy, what a what a what a schedule? He's got? How many matches he had this year? Three I'm not kidding, let me tell you. Yeah, the Royal rumble and then the Drew match and then another Drew match. Was hurt well he was hurt well, I know, but he was on that whole time.
Speaker 3: But let's be honest in this day and age in professional wrestling, in both companies, especially AW, but in both companies, I mean, how many people are sitting there and getting paid and they're not working, and they are not injured, They're just sitting there. And that the one thing about it is, you know, artistically, it drives you nuts. You do lose time. You know, every day you get another day older, and you want opportunities, you want to do things. But you know, in another way, if you live frugally enough, you take some of that money and sock it away and just take advantage of these times that you can have with your family or cultivating other things in your life that may not have to do with wrestling that you may be able to branch off to.
Speaker 1: All Right, anything else from the two shows last night? A quick look here, we talked about all of that. They're setting up.
Speaker 3: Say, it doesn't say much about aew since we didn't talk about them at all.
Speaker 1: I guess the only thing, Well, I'll get to that in a minute. Bruh, you want me to just skip back and forth like a mission and.
Speaker 3: From both shows? Yeah, do we have anything else to talk.
Speaker 1: I'll get to it. Calm down there, Theory, I said, do we have anything else to talk about from these two shows? The answer is yes, So I'm talking about it.
Speaker 3: Rhetorical question.
Speaker 1: Axiom and Nathan and Frasier beat Theory and Grayson Waller. Nobody broke up, but they had another tease for Theory and Grayson Waller breaking up. Could somebody do me a favor and go back and find out when they began teasing these men were gonna break up. Was it WrestleMania or was it before that? I think maybe they'd been teasing and we thought it was gonna happen at WrestleMania. When did they start teasing the breakup of Austin Theory and Grayson Waller. It has to have been like six months now, that's ridiculous. We're still waiting for this breakup. So that happened then?
Speaker 3: Is anybody? But the thing is maybe they're right. Does anybody care?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What did it be done? I'm sick of it?
Speaker 3: What's okay? What's is this far worse for you than what's going on with Kofe and Xavier and them right in that No.
Speaker 1: That's only been like three months. Crayson and Austin Theory have been at least triple that at least.
Speaker 3: I just at some point they're gonna have that match, and if Biggie doesn't come out and just scare them both down and look disappointed like the brother of the guy that was trying to give people up in the Godfather and the Senate hearings and he just had they brought in the brother from Sicily to stare him down, and all of a sudden he forgot about everything. That's what Biggie needs to do now.
Speaker 1: This Ava character in storyline is completely incompetent. So next week we have a number one contenders match Wes Lee versus Ethan Page because they both want to shout at the title. And then she adds because of his performance tonight, I'm adding Javon Evans. See how about Obafemi who had a significantly significantly more impressive performance who also lost, but who's basically undefeated otherwise, unlike Javon.
Speaker 3: Maybe turned an ankle.
Speaker 2: You don't know.
Speaker 1: That was stupid. And then we've got Stephanie Vakierre and Ren Sinclair. Tony D celebrates his title win. Nikita Lyons has return. She'll face Lola Ice. She returned in a backstage interview segment with Lola. That's her big return and that's and she's been out like nine months.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a lot of bad kicks and punches in that match.
Speaker 1: Bro and the Halloween Havoc Wheel returns. Spin the Wheel make the deal a gimmick wheel. It's so gimmicked it makes it even better. It's like you spin it, it goes really fast and lands on.
Speaker 3: Oh god, you know what? When is how long is Gigi Dolan out for? Is it a long period of time? No clue, because that would be a perfect time to bring her back.
Speaker 1: So then we add the NXT show or the Dynamite Show and.
Speaker 3: Is there anything to talk about on this show?
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a totally, absolutely bizarre angle where Darby calls out rody King. He asks Brody King to attack him. Brody King refuses, so Darby slaps him across the face. So then Brody hits him and then Darby assaults him with a boulder. And I looked it up, by the way, and it is a boulder ten point one. It was inches in diameter. That was for sure a boulder.
Speaker 3: People think about boulders, they think about the flintstones.
Speaker 1: I don't care what they think about folks.
Speaker 3: Its hand. It was the same rock he beat on the cars with last week.
Speaker 1: I'll still put it this way. It was as big as Mike's brain. So how big was that rock?
Speaker 3: Mike?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you it was a boulder. But it doesn't matter what he hit him with. The fact is the baby Face came out darre the heel to just attack him. The heel goes, I'm not gonna attack you, brother, So the Babyface slaps him. Well, now the Heel retaliates, and so because he retaliated, the baby Face starts hitting him with a freaking rock. That was weird, dude, Well that was weird.
Speaker 3: You're right, a lot of emotion on this show, because in ten minutes we had three interviews. That was the first ten minutes of the show, was three interviews, two of which were about things from the past and trying to save someone by putting them in a dark place and then possibly killing them or maiming them. Because John Moxley had a cold open to the show with the music in theme lighting talking about how he's going to drag Brian Danielson into this dark place so he can eventually bring out the best him in so he can kill him and let him go. And that's what brody King and Darby were basically talking about here too, or Darby and brody Key were talking about here too. So a lot of emotion on this show, a lot of there's always a lot of darkness. There's a lot of fathers with obviously with Christian we have Chris Jericho invoking Jay Brisco, so Mark and cut a promo serious about their match, and I'm looking forward to their match, to be honest, two old pros going at it. I look forward to seeing what they're going to do. But how they build up to a lot of this stuff, there is a dark element that's really over a lot of it.
Speaker 1: We had an angle where Don Callous traded Rouche for Lance Archer, So Jake the Snake Roberts is the new head of La Faccion in Gobernables?
Speaker 3: Is is that a Mexico thing? Does Rooshti work triple A where Jake could go down and Callous like, seriously.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I don't think he's going back. There's a lot of heat.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's the only way that that would even think about making sense to me. Jake Robert shouldn't be on TV period point.
Speaker 1: Playing Well the reason The reason is well, they had to do something and rushe obviously wanted to be with LFI and not the Callus family would be my guess. And then you know they had to do something. So Archer's not doing anything with Jake, you know, callous. I'm sure wants a big killer. They don't do nothing with Lance Archer, so it's all fine, it's just silly. We had Hologram and Commander, which was what I've been asking for. Give me one random lucha match on the show every week. I don't care who's in it, I don't care what it's about, just flip and fly fans. This was the most heated thing on the show was this match. By the end, they loved it. And we had Daniel Garcia announcing that he's back. He's back. He re signed and announced it in front of seventeen hundred people and Spokanne didn't get the reaction it might have gotten Buffalo a larger crowd. But he's back. And then we had it Yep, Willow Say and Jamie and nyla number one contenders match because Britt was gone and I'll tell you what's notable here. So ends up with Willow winning and then they go up on the stage and they have a stare down Mariah and Willow, and Mariah tries to slap her, but Willow grabs her wrist to stop the slap and freakin Mariah magoes bah and she headbutted Willow so hard right in the face, and she immediately grabs her own head and Willow grabs her own face. She starts streaming blood. They do a thing backstage and like Willow's all cut right here, like she here tooth went through her lip or whatever. I was like, dude, what are we doing? What are we doing? You just head butted her right in the freaking mouth as hard as you could. So anyway, she got her revenge later by pouncing Mariah through the wall.
Speaker 3: Look that was But the thing is she didn't and that was kind of weird. And they do this too often. Willow comes in as Mariah's cutting the interview and gives her a pounce and knocks her over. And then Willow, instead of jumping on her, this woman that just head butted her in the face, she starts to cut promo. Okay, fine, just tell her yell at her real quick, get out of there. It's this longer. It wasn't forever, but it was too long of a promo as Mariah is just laying there on the ground. And then they cut to Mariah and it's even longer of her just laying there on the ground. It was just How does that make any real sense at all to me? It just doesn't.
Speaker 1: Mercedes meet Emmy Soakrara, Emmi Sockra did not win the titles in this match. Here and then we had the best thing on the show by Miles, which was the interview with Will Ospray and Don Callous. I mean, it was awesome. They finally have broken Ospray away from the Callus family and Don admitted that he sent out Ta Keshta to attack Ospray last week. Osprey cuts a promo on him, ends up getting attacked by Takeshta. They end up having Don actually took a bump. That's the most newsworthy thing. And then finally Kyle comes out and Don wants him to screwge Osprey. He won't do it. Takeshna goes back after Osprey, Ricochet comes down to set up their three way. I mean, you gotta watch the whole segment, but it was great. This was great, tons of heat and by far the best thing on the show.
Speaker 3: Can somebody get some sort of message to Callous from me? And you can mix it up in any type of way so it doesn't have to be for me, But I can't be the only one who looks at the screwdriver and goes, this is so stupid. This has been stupid every time they've used it, unless it's a metaphor for something, and if that's the case, explain it. But like, otherwise, unless you're going to jam it in people's eyes, like, why are you using this as a weapon of destruction? It was like Claudio last night using the tiny hammer to hammer Wheeler da in the ribs. It didn't. It doesn't come across to me with the visual that you want it to at all, like at all, it looks it looks kind of corny, to be honest. So uh.
Speaker 1: Then the main event was Danielson and Wheeler versus Claudio and Pack and uh man, this Brian is just a wreck. It's just a wreck. And the story is the Heels come out. They try to hit a bunch of big finishes on Brian, but he kicks out everything, puts the Labell lock on Pock for the submission, dives on Moxley. They have a big brawl the heels, they kill poor Wheeler. Brian comes back out to do yes chance over Wheeler's corpse, and the thing is, guys, I'm not saying he's never gonna wrestle again. But this might have been the last television match ever in the career of Brian Danielson because if he does come back, it should only be on pay per view. So this might have been the last television match in the career of Brian Danielson. And like it was fine, but it was just a small crowd. It was just sad watching this year. Ship here two, I don't know man back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back here on the show, I made it, Wrestling Observer Live. Yes, Wrestling Observer Live. No Lance Storm show today. We're gonna try and do it later on this week or get him on Observer Live. But we do have a bunch of stuff coming up over the next few days. Tonights to Brian and Vinnie and Granny and Craig Show celebrating Sean and Vinnie's birthdays, as well as watching an old nw A Mid South and talking to Grain. And that's gonna be an eight thirty Pacific eleven thirty Eastern gotta start a half hour late here today. Uh, I forgot what day it was. I have to uh teach jiu jitsu, so I'll be back for eight thirty instead of eight. And then uh tomorrow, now you know, Mike, you're on your own. I have to chaperone a field trip. We're gonna go see cat kid Comic Club apparently in Seattle. Hopefully it's good, not some dumb play and kid comic club. Yeah, get with the get with the program. Brother, don't be old, So that'll be uh, that'll be Mike tomorrow.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to be young.
Speaker 1: And also Brian and Vinie tomorrow talking a W A NXT. And also Thursday we got another uh, we got another After Dark Radio. Lloyd our Back is going to be on the show and he's a world recognize paranormal authority and parapsychologist forty five years experiencing and investigating the pair normal and forty three years teaching courses parapsychology. So that'll be the next two weeks on after Dark Radio, which you can only listen to with a subscription at any of our basic sites wrestlobserver dot com, fw on London Online dot com, slash Spotify for Spotify, F forw online dot com, Slash Apple for Apple Podcasts and YouTube, FW online dot com slash YouTube. So check it out. It's a best show on the site. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.