Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff Where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 2: Thursday, You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frasco, Texas, where it is fifty three degrees feels like forty one, the highest fifty.
Speaker 3: Three, the lowest thirty five.
Speaker 4: Some kids might have been jumping on those presents. They got the security guard stand in the front of you up, Chris. They got somebody been jumping all that stuff out there. That is Shinn and he is a Nate. This is Kurt in the back of Chris. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hang It with the Boys, the sports talk equivalent of the brill people when we speak.
Speaker 5: Brought to you each and every day by Wing Stuff, Where Favorite gets its week sad news today, oh the week the same dy, same day that he was announced. Walter Peyton Cowboys Walter Peyton.
Speaker 3: Man of the Year nominee. Right, Zach Martin, you think this is.
Speaker 5: It it or just it for the season? Ankle surgery announced well a couple of hours ago, probably came out out hour or so ago.
Speaker 6: So Todd Archer had a post. There is some contract things they could work out where he could possibly come back next year. It would help him on the cap if he did. But whether he wants to or not, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, kind of a supervisory role where.
Speaker 4: Oklahoma was Rich hads Whin. I don't know.
Speaker 6: He's technically signed for next year too. I think it was pushed.
Speaker 7: Out, so that sucks.
Speaker 3: Well, thinking about you, Zach Man, if this is the end, what a hell of a career.
Speaker 5: Let's don't even talk about this being the end, because maybe maybe he decides he wants How hard is it when you get to the end of your career, Nate, and you know, like something like this comes up and you know mentally how you have to prepare and what you physically have to go through to get back to football shape and work through. Or you can just say, you know what, I'm done, and I can save eight months of my life by not having to rehab this and spend every single day on the training table. I just want to ride off into the sunset. That's got to be the fight that's going on mentally right like.
Speaker 8: For him, Yes, for me, I knew, you know, but Caroline wanted Carolina Panthers, thank you.
Speaker 7: They want to give me an extra year check. I took him next year.
Speaker 8: Age, tell me you want to try again, I say, is anybody calling it pay?
Speaker 7: He said no. I said, well, no, I don't want to try. Yeah. I mean, but it's hard to turn down the money.
Speaker 8: But the thing is he's had he's had a super career and he can go on. He can go in a little a lot of different directions. Yeah, you know, super smart guy too. Yes, whatever he wants, he can do whatever he wants. And believe me, mister Jones will been over backwards the guise of that quality to help them further their careers and wherever they want to go with it.
Speaker 5: Yes, did you never Were you ever close with anybody that was kind of face with that dilemma where it's like you have an injury and you could probably come back for a year or two more, but the work you're gonna have to put in and the mental space you're gonna have to be in to get back to that, and you have to kind of weigh that out to where it's like, Man, do I really want to do this?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 4: I can't say that I was close to anybody, knew anybody that was like that. Most most of the times, you don't. You don't get the excuse me, you don't get the to walk off until the sunset. Most of the time they push you out, usually not on your turn. It usually not on your term. It's very few people get to make it on their terms, you know what I mean, Like, that's a luxury, that's a privilege to go, yep, this is it for me. This is my uh, this will be my my my tour and at the end of this year, you'll hang it up. But you know, Zach's already talked about or it's been talked about him retiring at the end of this year, so it's been on his mind and this kind of just almost stamps it and says, you know, what more do I have to prove? You know what I'm saying. As far as yeah, you want to win the championship, those are but this team, this team isn't a Zach Martin coming back away from a super Bowl run. I think that is a little bit different. It's like when you look up, if this team was like fighting for a super Bowl over the last couple of years, had been to a super Bowl, and then you're like, man, I'm more close. I can I can gut it out for one more so if we can't get there kind of almost like Travis kelcey a little bit. You know, I'm sorry, not Travis Kelsey, Travis Frederick, No, Chase Jason kelce you know when he was like, you know, I'll come on back for one more run. Maybe we maybe. But for Zack it's it's he's rebuild there not the hard part. It's like rebuild, like rebuild my body up for what. I don't have anything else. I don't have anything else.
Speaker 3: Personally to prove My resume is written. It's written like one more year is not gonna no, like one more.
Speaker 4: Year is only gonna lay his five year countdown to camp, you know what I mean? Because him coming back doesn't put this team in a position of super Bowl and if and if for some crazy off season miracle and the Jones is and the front office goes high level free agency shopping and put a team together. You're telling me the only thing is stopping him for coming back is rock Coffin. You know what I mean? Like if if he gets to if he gets to April in May and he's feeling good and he looks up and he goes, oh they put together. They didn't went and got this run. They went in time, this high level free agent And are they trying to make a run.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like now you know, now, what's what's stopping him from come back? Say call Jerry and telling tell him I take a one year, ten million dollar deal solely guaranteed and I'll be signed. Well, yeah, that's fine, talking about be there a training camp.
Speaker 3: Know you're you know, obviously you hate to see this happen.
Speaker 5: You hate, but you know you're always in favor for the young guys getting some play in time.
Speaker 3: What does this mean for brock Hoffman now.
Speaker 8: That we're gonna see if he can sustain it, Well, he's shown earlier. We're gonna see if he can contain it, sustain it because the tape is slowly building on him.
Speaker 3: And just see how many people he can piss off between now and the year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah, that'll be the fun thing. All right, Nate, it's a big day for you. This is a big day two years in the making. All right, Joe Burrow's coming to town. Let's have it, Nate. This is your segments.
Speaker 8: First and passing yards yards, pre game, passing touchdowns with thirty thirty QBR, four.
Speaker 7: Off and passer rating.
Speaker 8: I heard something on the fan where it's only been a handful of quarterbacks like.
Speaker 4: You heard it. Can you keep talking? I got to start for you. Yeah, I'm talking this.
Speaker 8: This guy is supposed to be at least won eleven games. He's supposed to be eleven in soon performing he been based on his performance alone. And then you add in uh Chase and this.
Speaker 3: Is and they got a nice running back too.
Speaker 7: You saw you.
Speaker 8: We criticized that the Cowboys for not testing the free agent market. They should just go out right now try to find everybody they can on defense.
Speaker 4: So this is from from Bobby bel Yes, sir, listen to this. Quarterbacks with thirty plus touchdowns, thank you, Bobby Belt and five or fewer interceptions to the first twelve games of the season. These are the quarterbacks and this is their record in two thousand and seven, Tom Brady's twelve and OHO twenty eleven, Aaron Rodgers twelve and OHO fourteen, Aaron Rodgers nine in three eighteen, Drew Brees ten and two twenty twenty, Patrick Mahomes eleven to one, Aaron Rodgers in twenty twenty nine and three, Joe Burrow twenty twenty four, four and eight. Statistically, right now, Joe Burrow, I'll hand it back to night. Joe Burrow statistically is having a better season in twenty twenty four than he did when he finished second in the MVP bowlings in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 7: With a hurt risk, with a beat up body.
Speaker 6: Any chance he'd be an MVP running this time?
Speaker 3: No, No, because the record.
Speaker 6: I won't separate the defense. That's too bad.
Speaker 3: You had a stat similar to that earlier this week?
Speaker 4: What what was it?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 3: Something very similar?
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I think it was that that thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, I'd say Bobby Belt should have credited you because you said it like on Tuesday, what that same stat?
Speaker 3: Maybe even Monday you did?
Speaker 10: Did?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I forgot about it?
Speaker 4: Did I not credit him for it?
Speaker 3: On too many shows?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 4: I won't wait too.
Speaker 8: I tell her him man, I'm glad you kept it because I bet I this guy and Jesse cracked the joke, but it was a serious, you know, joke about this kid has been thrown to pro players even in college. And I thought back to what he said, just so I could add to it. Even at Ohio State when he was the backup, he was throwing the pro players, and so in his mind and his because it's him and his dad is close in his mind and his dad mind say, son, you throwing the pros. Just don't miss him, you know, And it's carried on. And I like him. I've always liked him, and especially his maturity of going to l s U having a just so he was with Brady. Then I think the office cordinators Joe Brady, Joe Brady, and he was just had an average years as a first year guy is a sophomore junior year and then his next year he won a national championship. And to be able to corral all those alpha males, l that's you way. Football is everything.
Speaker 7: The only thing.
Speaker 8: That was special that was special down Uh what you do is you uh you get the ball first. When they flip the coin, you have a double headed coin. And you hit when it hit whatever it hits, you say, that's what we want.
Speaker 7: We want the ball and we.
Speaker 8: Score six every time we touched the ball, and we sco first, and we sco often, and we don't turn the ball over drives.
Speaker 5: Which things of those is this team not good at doing this year? Above maybe scoring first, scoring scoring often?
Speaker 3: Hopefully they got a double headed coin.
Speaker 4: Do they drive touchdown this year? I don't think they have an open and drive touchdown. The ship just did like they had a third quarter touchdown.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 4: But to answer we'll try to answer Kirch question. Joe Burrow, Like the offense, the player is red hot right now, like he's playing some really really, really really good football. But I think the one thing that has been successful at confusing him as to get him hesitating, to get him off kilter a little bit, his offensive line. I mean, he's what a poor job Cincinnati has done in the year of in the years of Joe Burrow with not putting an offensive line in front of him, Like just I know they try to sign Liel and some other guys, but he has had, you know, talk about an embarrassment of riches the Cowboys. I don't think you understand how good you've had it over the years at times where you were you know, even when you go back to the Ron Leary days and Ron Leary's and when you had Zach and Ron Leary and Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith like, I don't I don't think you really really truly understand. And that's side note. That's part of when you think about how Zach Martin is getting ready to end his career. You know there was a time where it was Tyran and Travis and Zach, and you know that line was you wanted to take that and have a bigger that's so huge because you look at a guy like Joe Burrow, who is everything you want in a quarterback, smart, can make all the throws mobile, tough, and boy does he take a beat behind that offensive line. If you could, ever, if you could ever just throw the kitchen sink and money and pay sos and yen and whatever you want to call it at getting him an offensive line that can keep him upright for a long like for the majority of the season like he's doing. He's doing thirty plus touchdowns and five a few interceptions behind an offensive line that ain't that good.
Speaker 3: PFF.
Speaker 5: You know how Kurt loves PFF has them ranked thirty first in the NFL as an offensive line.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's bad.
Speaker 7: And he makes them look way better.
Speaker 3: How how is he that good that he's able to overcome that?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 3: What what makes him so good? Is it? His reads?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 3: His no knowledge of the game? Is it?
Speaker 4: It's his pocket presence. It's his pocket presence, it's his understanding. It's getting the ball out quickly. He has a strong arm. He takes some sacks, takes a lot, it takes a lot of hits. But like I said, he moves around the pocket. One of the things that the Cowboys have been doing and should continue to do, it's a Mike Zimmer staple is getting to that double a gap. Look that's where you see those two linebackers standing on both sides of the center. Yes, right, you see Micah and it Sometimes it's Micah and Overshown. Sometimes it's it's Micah and it's Kendrick's whatever the combination is. Because what they've been doing, No, let's do this. Let's take off a break. Let's take a break, and then when we come back, I'll tell you more about the double a gap and house him and the defense should do it to kind of throw Joe Burrow off a little bit.
Speaker 3: All right, be right back hanging with the boys.
Speaker 12: Don't miss how's wing Stop sound Christy juicy classic wings, saucety tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade.
Speaker 13: Honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough, Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 7: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Order now by download the wings Stop app or ordering online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seed gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 4: All the action.
Speaker 11: Seed Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig.
Speaker 4: Is the place to do it. Seat gig is the official.
Speaker 11: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 10: Cow about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate. Thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets, they sure make game day special. And for every purchase of the new Tyson Cowboys Nuggets this holiday season, Tyson Foods will donate one dollar to the Salvation Army up to one hundred thousand dollars. As you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles.
Speaker 4: We've got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a.
Speaker 11: Wee thing and experience that has been just enjoy together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 7: Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by.
Speaker 3: Blockchain thank dot com. Thank you blockchain dot com. And we will get to the Kurt seven eleven live read maybe next week.
Speaker 4: I am scrambling for the scrambling for Kurt.
Speaker 5: Swing by your local seven to eleven and grab your favorite item from the roller grill.
Speaker 3: Then enjoy big golf, Big golf, Sir four.
Speaker 8: Your tongue out when that come out, eighty, let me touch that tongue.
Speaker 4: Hot dog and a big goat, big go my hot dog and a big goat. The do Somethingstralia. Get you that they got them from supple Hans.
Speaker 3: Get you that U.
Speaker 5: Get you that glasy off the roller grill. Get you a big goat Freddy nine. Sense it's valid at participating stores. Fill up on pump eight and get ready for a.
Speaker 7: Game to day.
Speaker 5: All right, Jesse, you were saying before we went to break Yeah, curdit back up.
Speaker 4: Curtin asked the question on what do the cowboys have to do defensively to stop this red hot uh Joe Burrow and the Bengals offense, and I wanted to just talk a little bit about what uh Mike Zimmer has been doing over the last couple of weeks. He's kind of this defense has found their way a little bit. And in the Bengals offensive line and not really good centers, decent the right guard Alice Kapak, like he's what you call mouse in the house. Like he's the one you go, yeah, you that, yeah, you You're the guy that we're going You're the one that we're gonna we're gonna target. And uh, Orlando Brown Jr. He's had his ups and down to the left tackle position. Mems Are is okay, younger guy. But one of the things that Zim has been doing and he's been using this this this has been a Mike Zim staple for as long as he's been a defensive coordinator. It's the double a gap blitz and you take the center and right over both shoulders, the right and left center. You'll just have two linebackers or two rushers standing right over top of him and by sometimes Mike blitz him right in between those gaps. Sometimes he blitz one drops one in the coverage.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes he plays some games otherwhere sometimes he'll have him standing there and all of a sudden they'll back out into the flats and they'll bring two guys off the ends as those other blitzers trying to get the off defensive line to miscount, right, because when they mug up in there, the center and the guards are now point and saying, hey, you take him, you take him. And when I watched the Pittsburgh tape, what the Bengals were doing was they were they were motioning their tight end back in there. They were motioning there, back back in there, and they would kind of have those guys playing like the personal protector, you know, like the guys standing right behind the center. So they're doing that, but even then they're still missing the count because they're out there pointing and there you got him, and I got him, and then no, no, and then the ball snapped and two guys go to the same guy that they just had pointed that you go that where you go that way? He comes a guy one on you know, he comes a defensive tackle one on one with the with the tight end or with the running back. And what that does is it puts the pressure right in the mug of Joe Burrow and I put a quick little video out this morning and I talked about, uh, for Joe Burrow, if you're gonna have success on him, you gotta make them flinch. You gotta make them You have to take away his first read so that now he's double pumping and double clutching the football right Because if he gets back there and he snaps the ball and he got his red going and he can catch it and deliver it, you're in trouble. You don't want him to get in that rhythm, but you want to be a for him to get the ball and now it's oh not there because his line can't hold up enough for him to go second, third read or one two back to one, you know what I mean. Like he'll go first reading, not there, second read back to one again the line won't hold up for that. So a lot of what he has to do is he has to be able to get to that first read or get to that second read right now. And you'll see, you know, going out to the backs, you'll see the tight ends and that'll probably be one of my numbers tomorrow. But when you see Joe Burrow, if he gets a chance to have time back there. I don't care who's out there defending those guys. I just I just I don't.
Speaker 3: So you got to get pressure this week.
Speaker 4: You have to find a way. But the pressure in his mug and he's but he's mobile. So like when you get home, you gotta get there because he has really good pocket. You know, two hands on the ball and he's moving up in the pocket, ship around in the pocket. He'll step up if the lane presents itself and it's the last resort he'll take off. He'll take off when you get a couple of yards here and there. But if he can step up in that pocket, sometimes his balls aren't as accurate when he has to step up, or if you have to chase him out to the to his left. The right, he's a little bit better, but chase him out to his left. That's how you get Joe Burrow kind of playing backyard football. If you and I'm not saying that he's he's good, right, he'll still complete passes, but the percentages of the passes that he completes when he's playing backyard football opposed to what he's playing in the pocket football is markedly different. And if he's allowed to sit in that pocket and play traditional quarterbacking from the pocket, and you're not able to get the pressure that you need on him. You're in trouble. You are, you are, And that's when you talk about the points that you know, the twenty eight, the thirties, the thirty five point games is because it's on the arm of Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: He's six four. I didn't realize he was that tall. Yeah, yeah, man fifteen.
Speaker 6: So I was wondering, like, would you because you know it's our pass rusher going to get to him, so you would prefer they blitz instead of dropping more guys back.
Speaker 4: He'll eat you apart like he he doesn't. If you with Dak, you know Dak struggles with having to read through multiple layers of defense and all that. He will he will eat your lunch if you let him sit back there and sift through. I don't give a damn how many people you dropping. You can bring two more guys off the sideline and have thirteen guys out there. He'll sift through it. And he has the arm to make any throw heep, short, intermediate, sideline, hash. Whatever you want, however you want it, he'll give it to you. You gotta get him off his spot.
Speaker 8: And in whoever the offensive coordinator is is great at working with him and the receivers because even when he has to escape the pockets, you don't see a lot of him waving guys around and moving guys around. It's like they run layers of routes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their head coach.
Speaker 8: Man, he is nice because you never you never see him panicking.
Speaker 7: Come out and you know what I'm saying. You see most quarterbacks trying to direct somebody.
Speaker 8: It's just seemed like number one, a number five, a number thirty is always open. The thirty is a running back Chase Brown, and five is t Higgins and number one is Jamar Chase.
Speaker 7: Some about them single numbers. Boy been killing us this year. I'm telling you they are.
Speaker 3: It's like he's always open, man.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't mind seeing a young Belichick Patriots go against this when they had Tom Brady. They proud would like to see how he would attack the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 3: Who was the running back to start the year he got hurt, Right, Chase.
Speaker 4: Brown's are a guy now right, you're thinking of uh, he's not there anymore. He's in Houston. They used to have mix Houston.
Speaker 3: He's in Houston, so Chase Brown.
Speaker 4: He ran over us a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Remember, yeah, I remember, I remember one of my fantasy get.
Speaker 4: Three touchdowns whenever you get a shot. Well, just calling SPA's faith.
Speaker 3: Why ain't taking my papers? My papers? You have mann.
Speaker 8: We got we gotta score. We gotta score touchdowns. We gotta score often, we gotta score early. We got to get the ball. You gotta get turnovers.
Speaker 4: You know what. And I said this maybe two three days ago. You know about Michael Parsons and him being fresher, you know, and I think a lot of that has to do with him missing those four games. I don't wish injury on anybody. But what you're able to see now, think Micah has about six and a half sacks on the season. He's five in the last couple of games that he's been playing in. But you're seeing a much fresher Micah. You're you're, you're, you're, you're seeing him at closer to fuller strength than you have in the past. Normally this time of years where we look around and we go, hey, eleven, where where you at? You know, because you see the numbers dip the past, the pressure is that dip and the the sacks and numbers dip and and a lot of this stuff. You know, people ask the question, well, you know, what has happened to the to the Cowboys defense? And it seemed like it's coming together more. It seems like it's coming together more. Yeah, it's number eleven. He's back into the folds. He's fresher. And also Mike Zim because when you're trying to when you're trying to put Toget in a system or your system, what, it's always two parts. It's like, all right, here's why I think we should start. And then you get into it and you either have injuries or you run into a spot where you go, oh, this person can't do that. So now I have to figure out who can do what I think Mike Zim is found an off a defensive line rotation that's been pretty good with with Osa and with Ghodstan and uh what's the old he got who lost and lost and lost and lost. So he's found a rotation that's given him an opportunity to all right, this, this is our base. This is where we're going. You know over shown Remember he couldn't get on the field before uh Lewis, Lewis, Marris, Louis Foule and it was like and uh and then it was like, well, a second thought, let's get him out there on the football field. So they found some things that have been working for them. I don't know if Trayvon Diggs will be available. He did the walk through yesterday. I don't know. I don't know if he has what his status will be. To not have him, to have him and Deron Bland gives you a little bit more comfort because you're saying, all right, T Higgins, Jamar Chase, and Diggs for the most part has done pretty well against Jamar Chase. But you know, ye even said no that don't say that out loud. That's not a real thing. I don't I don't want you. I don't want you to say that. I don't want you to fall into that track. But T Higgins and Jamar Chase pose a problem. But if you have Deron Bland and uh Stefan Trayvon Diggs, that that's a better situation for them to to hold up. And now you can leave Jorge Lewis in that slot. But if you don't have one of them. Now we're playing musical chairs again. And and does Jeorde Lewis go outside and Jeorde Louis goes outside, then what side is he going to? Because listen, I like Jeorge Lewis, like the next man, like John Willis. I think he's tough, gritty, good football player. He don't want that, he don't want that smoke with Jamar Chase. And if you have to go against t Higgins, it's it's six foot five, six foot six against the five eight guy that that won't that won't work out for you in the long run, you know, throughout the course of the game. So it's it's it's a lot, it's a lot.
Speaker 6: Then what best receiver combo in the league?
Speaker 3: Hang on, let's let's wait.
Speaker 5: We got to take a break because that's a really big conversation with some really big dudes.
Speaker 3: We need to spend some time on Jamar Chase when we go.
Speaker 5: Before we go to break, here's some nots so reassuring facts that Kurt gave us. Cincinnati is second in the NFL and red zone offense at seventy one point one percent. The Cowboys defense is last at defending in the red zone at seventy six. And here's another not so reassuring fact. We know how the Cowboys scoring woes in the first quarter. Cincinnati has outscored their opponents sixty nine to thirty eight. In the first quarter, the Cowboys have been outscored thirty five to eighty five.
Speaker 7: You aan under the one nine nigga.
Speaker 5: You can't afford and the Cowboys are only a five point underdog.
Speaker 4: So but at home, that's a lot.
Speaker 6: That's that's a lot of against the four and eighteen.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, a little.
Speaker 3: Surprising that lost their last game last two.
Speaker 8: Man, your mom should have brought into cinnamon buds.
Speaker 3: I told you, all right, let's take our last break.
Speaker 7: When we come back, we talk about Will Sugar pumped up.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about his mom's buns, both the Chaser cinnamon buds, both the.
Speaker 3: Chases and Tea Higgins. When we come back for the final segment of Hanging with Him, you want to higg.
Speaker 12: House Wingstop sound, crispy juicy, classic wings, sausted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese.
Speaker 13: Or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys. Order now by download the Wingstop out ard and online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 14: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Pruscott kitts a slide for the first.
Speaker 14: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 6: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 14: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamolei made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 11: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 7: All the action.
Speaker 11: Seat geg makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 11: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expect it, Seat Geek.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Jigs Jisuky Jigsaw all Right, let's talk about that man, Lamar Chase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a lot of They got a couple of the man on their team.
Speaker 5: Right, is he the best? I think him and the T Higgins are probably the best one two duo in the league. I mean the guys in Philly probably have something to say about that, Right is.
Speaker 3: He the best receiver in the league?
Speaker 5: Tim and Jefferson and that's and then and then everybody else else.
Speaker 4: Tyreek Hill used to be in that conversation. Not so much anymore, but I think those two are you know, we do Patrick Mahoney put them in, then we say everyone else. I think I think it's and it's so crazy, like these sore the dudes that Joe Burrow was.
Speaker 6: That's why I wondered if he'd be a good pro because he's such great talent in college.
Speaker 8: It's crazy because none of the well none of the Bama quarterback except the kid in Miami, and he keeps running into things.
Speaker 15: You know, so they might be to think that you have the dudes in Philly, right, hm, who else is even that strong?
Speaker 3: At one when.
Speaker 7: They rank with the you know the people that you like, they have access.
Speaker 6: T Higgins ranked fourth and Chase ranked seventeen for some random that's weird.
Speaker 3: Where you cannot reference their site anymore. That's a disgrace.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's you got to question some of their stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's they probably have some weird metric that they just that's like, you know, it's like whoa, but the percentages say that. But T Higgins and Jamar Chase are probably the best duo. What makes what.
Speaker 3: Makes Jamar Chase so good? For people that haven't watched him.
Speaker 4: There's nothing he can't do. M you can't press him. The fast fast, I mean he's not he's not a four to two, four to three guy, but he's fast. You can't press him. He runs great routes. He catches the ball at any angle you need him to catch him to. He can. He can take a slant to the house, he can take a curl to the house. He can take a goal route to the house. Like he's just he is.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 4: He has size, he has athletic ability, fearless, he's a he's a complete package. Yeah, it's nothing that he cannot do. He'll run away from you, He'll he'll jump over you. Wow, you're not like.
Speaker 3: And he's not a huge guy. He's six foot you know, yeah.
Speaker 6: He's but he's then what's the what does Higgins bring that he doesn't?
Speaker 4: Uh, she's sixty five. He can run, he can run routes the coming six ' five dude with thirty six seven inch arms, the catch radius right, Like that's that's all of this, Like you know how hard it is to miss, Like it's hard to miss with this if you're Cooper rush let alone, if you're Joe Burrow, you know what I'm saying. He has really good hands. He's a dog, and so you put them, you put them out there. It's just a it's a matchup nightmare because you can't double both. And if you if you decide to take that safety and shift him on the other side to cover number one Jamar Chase, and then you're telling your number two corner good luck because we gotta were over here with double and him. Now you gotta deal with T. Higgins. I think the only that's really hitting her T Higgins primarily has been his health is being able to you know, he has a slender frame, but his ability to stay healthy.
Speaker 6: They don't they don't follow receivers, do They generally play who cowboys.
Speaker 4: Diggs had did that before, he did that before. I remember there's one time when I was last year that they allowed, uh, they allowed. Gilly was following a J. Brown at like the second half of a game or something like that. No, it was it. It was was the DK metcalf. It was a bigger receiver, and Gilly was like, nah, I'm over here, and it shut down what he was able to do, thinking, my boy, right there they go, they go, Uh, this.
Speaker 7: Dude got on the right hat. Them long huns too arrogant to do stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Clarence Hill over at all City, d LS Cowboys beat writer.
Speaker 8: But yeah, big man shot, big man shot, Yeah, d L S s L.
Speaker 6: That is so what do you what do you like them to do better? Would you rather the top guy take him one on one or the top guy take the second man and you double the.
Speaker 4: One on one. When he said when he said earlier, I would have loved to see what young Bill Belichick would have done to stop this duo. It would have been just that. It would have been. It would have been who is my number one corner? You take number two, and then now I'm gonna double number one with my backup corner in the safety and just now everyone else, y'all gotta do you'all job, because we're gonna take We're gonna take at least one of these dudes out. At least one of these dudes got to go out, and then we'll figure out the rest as we go along. But that's when he said that. My thought process was what you just said, that I will take my number, my number, uh one corner put them on that on t Higgins and and and Diggs actually does really well with bigger receivers. It's the short, shifty, little quick guys that he that he struggles with. And then just go, just go and double, just go and double the other off.
Speaker 3: The line that you're gonna go off the line.
Speaker 11: It yet.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna punch.
Speaker 5: Just like, yeah, let's create the studio until you got another band standing across.
Speaker 3: When you're punching me, punch his back.
Speaker 4: Gonna take it to the gatoray cud coolest. Let you go take it out to the gatorade.
Speaker 7: Friend behind that very same I lost a deal. Alvin Bailey was his name, not the guy you talked about, the guy that.
Speaker 8: You know was the out guy like Jesse was on the punts and I told her, I said, man, I said, man, I'll get you, you know, and uh, you put hands on him? And I put hands on him and he never spoke to me. Wow, I lost the friend behind that.
Speaker 4: Man, don't do it.
Speaker 7: Don't go on.
Speaker 5: Speaking of putting hands on folks, We've heard some talk recently that Mazzie is getting a little bit better.
Speaker 3: What if you've seen that? Is he improving? Is it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: It? Is it things he can work on and continue to build on?
Speaker 8: Uh to be I'm not. I haven't watched that close that much of Massie. I really have a playof to play, Like I used to win the season first.
Speaker 7: I used to just play out the play just asphyxiating on this kids, I said, you know what break between me and Jess?
Speaker 4: Interesting that you that you I about Mozzi. I know Clarence, just Bobby Clarence wrote the story on Mozzi. And you know the funny thing is, and I say the funny thing because I always get on claries about saying that on our show, is when you're in the valley, like when you're when you're in the valley in the basement, you only got what like you only got one place to go, and that's up. And for Mozzie, I think it's you're seeing some of the For example of the one of Mozzi's biggest issues, the ball is snapped and he's stelling the stands for whatever reason, he just would not be able to see the ball because he's right next to it, the ball being snapped, and him moving as the ball is being snapped. What he's gotten better with is timing the ball being snapped because and Nate will tell you this, if the ball is snapped and I got half a step on you while you're still in your stands, good luck. Because once because now if you're rising up and I'm already up and I'm stepping, I'm a half step stepping towards you, I'm driving you to the gatorades, You're gone. There's no way my step is already to that upfielled shoulder. I got this hand getting ready to make contact with You're done, You're done. We're in this close quarter in the phone both combat type situation and if you're late getting to combat, good luck. So that part he's been doing better with just getting off the ball ball snap, He's moving like he's moving when the ball is moving at the same time, and that has helped him get back at least to a fair advantage of strength, or strength at least. Now I get a chance to initiate a little bit of my strength towards you, and that gives me a fighting chance. I'm gonna win some of these I'm gonna win some of these battles because I've started out and we're at least even even right, And like that's the part that he's at least got better in there. And then now you're starting to see he's getting some penetration. He's pushed some guys back, because again I'm starting when everyone else is starting. So now I get to we get to move and shake with you. And now I got I got Micah back. So guys are shifting. Lines are shifting, Guys are going here. We're playing some games. So now I'm because I'm moving when everybody else's moving, I get an edge. If I get an edge, then maybe I get around you.
Speaker 8: Now I'm making with my linebacker can't be wrong because he's pushing the guy back. And once you push your guy back, now the linebackers coming downhill, he can see what the running back see and he can react to that, whereas before you pushing back on top of me, I'm the linebacker going over the hump your back just now the back he's playing the game.
Speaker 7: I'm going where you ain't. So he gives a linebacker chance to win. So for him, he's doing.
Speaker 4: He's gotten better in that aspect. And and that's a plus. Now it's it's it ain't where we need it right, you know, but it's it gives him a fighting chance. You you you you not getting off the ball in time, I'm telling you, it's it's it's someone punching you in the It's someone punching you in the face. And then you bring up your arms, you're knocked out, you know. So that's a small thing that he's been able to do that I've seen over the last couple of weeks, is just getting off the ball. And and with that you gotta fighting chance. And now you got to start putting some other things together. And and when you play better competition, can you sustain it? So for Mazie, you know, and he's feeling good and not get it. We we we pile on uh to Masie. And it's sometimes it's it's a it's low hanging fruit. It's easy target because you were a first round pick and everybody wanted you and inspected you. This team expected you to be a player, a significant player. We've been asking for a bit greasy in the middle. Hell since I've been on this show, and you were supposed to be that guy, whether it was one or three or however they wanted to play. You were supposed to give them something on the inside, and you hadn't for a year and a half. And so you know, having these couple of games made continue to to give them confidence. But one of the things that he has been doing is, like I said earlier, is getting off the ball when everybody else.
Speaker 3: Is all right, fellas, good stuff. Tomorrow, give us a call. We will take phone calls. Get your score predictions, give you ours.
Speaker 5: No show on Monday, So tomorrow's the last show till Tuesday, Monday night game at at and T Stadium and Arlington cannot wait.
Speaker 7: Nate's really Joe Burrow is the best.
Speaker 8: But man, since my boy in Philadelphia left, I've got I got that's my man.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna be uh? Are you gonna be at the.
Speaker 7: Stadium at the stadium out side in the cold, are.
Speaker 3: You get to oh in the cold year.
Speaker 7: I don't like it, but I'm gonna have to do it.
Speaker 3: But you get to see Joe Burrow in person.
Speaker 7: Where do y'all go inside to walk to the press box?
Speaker 8: So you go to press box and again I sit over there with the security because I like to talk.
Speaker 3: And I don't like So you're watching on the TV on TV Focus.
Speaker 5: Nice Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz and Josh, thanks for keeping them company. We will be back tomorrow with score predictions on Friday one one hundred, Oh Lord, one on one one hundred, All right, be back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Hang with the Boys often.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.