Speaker 1: This is the Eds with Eddie Judge and Edwin Adoyavi. Welcome back, buddy.
Speaker 2: It's good to be back. It's been a while.
Speaker 1: It's been way too long. I missed you last time in Napa. It would have been so much fun to have you there and enjoy that moment. But there are gonna be other future moments that we can have fun together. In the podcast. Today we have Jody Glidden and Jody Glinton is a veteran tech entrepreneur and co founder of intro Hive, Postulized, split Well, and several other business ventures. He is currently dating Lisa. I can't say her last name, but everybody knows Lisa from Miami Housewives. And welcome Jody.
Speaker 3: Great, thank you, Great to have you, Jody, Thank you awesome again.
Speaker 1: So Jody, listen. I don't know if you've listened to our podcast, but as I mentioned earlier, it's all about you, man, So talk about your yourself as much as you'd want, and tell us all about yourself. I think the first question that we want to know is who is Jody Glinton and where did you grow up? Well?
Speaker 4: You for sure, so I grew up in a little town in eastern Canada and so kind of like a little bit of a fishing and forestry town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was. It was a nice upbringing. I think we would, you know.
Speaker 4: Play with motorcycles in the woods and you know, do all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 4: At a certain point during I don't know, maybe I was eight years old or something, my parents got me a computer and so I ended up learning to program do it for fun, like for a hobby, kind of part time. And then whenever, you know, we were all graduating high school and everybody was trying to figure what they were going to do for their life. It was the early nineties, and I started realizing, actually, you can make a business out of this, you know, maybe maybe I could actually make a living out of that.
Speaker 3: And that's how I ended up getting into tech.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Sounds like the Bill Gates Steve Young story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think right place, right time, Well, wrong place, right Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there was no check going on in Eastern Canada at that time. I had to leave.
Speaker 1: Really, you're speaking my language. Because I love the outdoors and I wish more than anything, like my number one thing I could do for the rest of my life is ride my dirt bike in the woods all day long.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was so much fun.
Speaker 4: And I think like so often now as parents, we shelter our kids and don't let them get into trouble or don't let them get hurt. But it was those times like being out, you know, with our motorcycle or whatever, like our little dirt bike and somebody.
Speaker 3: It's just like it was fun times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. I still try to wrap my head around that, Like why in my generation, and I think in Edwin's generation too, it's like, well, how are you Jody fifty one? Yeah, you're the same generation, same same age. So you know, we were told get the hell out of the house, don't come back until the lights go out, and generation like, we don't let him go anywhere. You know, we got to watch every movie, We got to take him everywhere. And it just doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 4: And actually, I think when you look at the numbers, it's it's a much safer, you know, time that we live in now, But we just don't see it that way. I come back from school, I drop my book bag, we go out playing sports and you know, get home at like ten or eleven at night, and.
Speaker 3: I think if Peyton were to do that, I would just go nut. You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you say eastern, your Eastern Canada is that close to Toronto or yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's really it would be a ten hour drive east of Toronto. And then eventually I did move to Toronto. But yeah, Canada's just such a big land mass, you know. It's yeah, it's kind of Toronto is kind of north of New York, but then you can still drive another ten or twelve hours east of there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you go from when you were born, what took you to Toronto? And then how did you end up in Miami?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: That was Miami the first choice? Or did you ever think of coming to Cali first or New York?
Speaker 2: Or was it straight, Hey I'm going to Toronto, I'm going to Miami. How did that come about?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I started I started out creating a tech company in Fredericton, where I did my undergrad and Fredericton New Brunswick, which is a little, you know, a little university town sort of, and I didn't know anything about business or anything about raising money or any of those things. So I thought it was a perfectly fine place to build a business, and we were selling to all these international customers and we were, you know, making a profit because we didn't know any other way back then. And then and then eventually, just through building tech companies, you start to realize if you want to raise money, you kind of have to raise money in San Francisco. And you know, there was a little bit of money at that point starting to come into tech in Toronto and places like that. But I moved to Toronto really for my third tech company. So I did two tech companies in Frederickton and sold them. And then I think when I was maybe in my maybe late twenties or so, is when I moved to Toronto and then San Francisco.
Speaker 5: So Toronto, San Francisco, then Miami. So what took you from San Francisco to Miami?
Speaker 4: The women, Well, uh no, when I got to San Francisco, it was like really cool. It was a lot of fun. Everybody just talked tech the whole time. I started to find it a little bit tiring, just you know, everybody talking work all the time. It was kind of like it was fun at first, but then yeah, eventually it grows tiring.
Speaker 3: So I was kind of thinking about moving.
Speaker 4: I was married at the time, she didn't really want to stay there anymore. The dot com crash happened, and I thought, well, maybe this is the time to move. So we did a short stint back in Canada and then ended up back in Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: So my next.
Speaker 4: Startup, the third one, was focused on selling to the federal, state and local government.
Speaker 3: So you know, DC was where.
Speaker 4: Back then I would just anywhere where I thought it would improve our chances of a good life, And so I moved to DC and.
Speaker 3: We were there for seven years. That's where my daughter was born.
Speaker 1: But you were young when you got married, because that comment was two thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was like, I think I was twenty six or twenty seven years old.
Speaker 5: Did that white be out by the way, and do you have to start all over or did you do okay with during that crash?
Speaker 4: No, No, it was I sold the business, the second business, right before the crash, so it was.
Speaker 3: That was it was fine. I was just living on savings for a few years.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't bother trying to start another business or get another job for a few years because it just the market just looked terrible and I didn't think it was probably possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now I also read some did you go to Harvard? Did you get your masters from Harvard?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did my masters at Harvard. I had I learned to fly like small airplanes, like a little four seater.
Speaker 3: I bought a serious s.
Speaker 4: R twenty two and and so I used to fly from Washington, d C. Back and forth to Boston. And so I did my master's degree. At the time, you know, it was funny because I had I had built and sold businesses and all that, and I already knew kind of what I was doing at that point.
Speaker 3: But my mom, she had six kids.
Speaker 4: I was one of them. I was the only one that went to college. She seemed so proud when I did my undergrad degree. I thought, well, I bet she'd be really proud if I, you know, if I did my master's degree. And so I went and did that, and then I realized she didn't even know what Harvard was.
Speaker 1: So, so you mentioned your siblings. Are they back in Canada or some of them migrated here as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're all back in Canada, but they come to Florida. Most of them come to Florida for the for the winter. So yeah, it's nice. I'm in Miami and they're kind of in the Orlando area.
Speaker 1: Usually, how often do you get to see them?
Speaker 3: I mean, I used to.
Speaker 4: When I was building my businesses up there, I would I'd have the majority of my head count up in Eastern Canada.
Speaker 3: I'd get up there all the time.
Speaker 4: When COVID hit, I started seeing them a little bit less often because it kind of became difficult to get back and forth across the border without you know, quarantining and all this kind of stuff. And I got out of the habit and then they, at the same time started spending their their winters in Florida. So I think the combination of those two things that I stopped going up to Canada as much as I as I used to, and now I started focusing a little bit more on like this last few years of my career, I'm trying to just make as much as I can to try to set myself up and you know, and I want to, you know, with everything that's happening with AI, I want to try to make sure that I set up our family as well as I can.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, yeah, it's the next next boom.
Speaker 5: What drove you to want to start to become an entrepreneur versus just you know nine to five are working for corporate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so at first I started my mom's you know, ultimate goal for me was to work at Sunny Corner Mechanical because that was the big company in our town. And so I got the job running it at Sunny Corner Mechanical, and she was so proud. And I was making I think fifteen dollars an hour or something, and she was.
Speaker 3: Like super proud and everything.
Speaker 4: And then this I had these different Microsoft certifications and I got a call from I guess somebody called Microsoft, somebody that had started a Microsoft training company. They called Microsoft and asked them who in the province of New Brunswick might they want to talk to to partner up with somebody, and they point they gave them my number. I got a call unsolicited, ended up going to work with this guy. I learned all about tech startups with him. We sold that company, then I created my next one, and it just got I was like, this is a lot of fun. Both my parents were entrepreneurs in their own way. My dad was more into like he had a fire protection business, and my mom was had like an esthetic salon, and my sisters all had hair salons and they were, you know, they were all kind of into the beauty industry.
Speaker 1: So have you been motivated all your life as a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I was, like I remember when I was a little kid, like having these little businesses all the time. So one of them, when sports cards, like NBA trading cards and NHL cards. I would like go and find that there were these Becket guides that would tell you what the price had moved to from week to week. I would like figure out how to get the Beckut Guide before everybody else got it a day before. So I asked my mom if we could set her up as a wholesaler, so we would get the back of guide a day early. I'd figure out, like which cards moved the most, and then I'd go drive around town and try to buy up all the ones that.
Speaker 3: Moved a lot. A few days, I made enough, I was, I don't know, maybe I was twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 4: I made enough to buy a car, like a few years sooner than I could even drive nice.
Speaker 3: I was always like trying to figure something.
Speaker 4: Out because like I grew up like third poor, you know, And so I would go to school, and everybody would have like these certain shoes or these certain jeans or whatever. And I was like, oh my god, I don't want to not you know, have whatever it is.
Speaker 3: So I just tried to figure it out of my own.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, did you make any money on the first time you sold your company or were you did or was it mostly the investors had made all the money? You know, sometimes you get taken advantage of on your first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't have investors until my third business. So I made some pretty good money in the first two businesses, especially the second one because I had, you know, more ownership, and but then I I was kind of spending money at a rate that I shouldn't have been back then too.
Speaker 3: And also I didn't we'll.
Speaker 2: Just spend your money on by the way, we'll just spend your money on I'm.
Speaker 4: Curious taking three or four years of doing nothing, those years where I was telling you the dot com crash happened, and I was just like, who cares, you.
Speaker 1: Know, there's nothing happening anyways, So yeah, bad about it.
Speaker 5: I was wondering if you were like driving fast cars getting bottle service everywhere different.
Speaker 3: No, I was way too country for that I didn't really know any of that in Miami.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now you're in Miami, so I'm sure you know a little bit about it, right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, especially you know, uh in the circles now it's like everybody is you know, they're throwing events on yachts and it's just like it's a crazy life. I've never I never really expected. I mean, honestly, it gets tiring. We're constantly we get like a million invites to birthdays and different things, like every weekend. I'm sure you guys know what it's like. Yeah, there's more things, more invites than you can possibly you realize. Eventually, you got to set your priorities on what you want to do, and if your priorities are going to be family and business, you can't get yourself distracted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's actually a great point because I think Edwin would agree with me. It's so much time and effort to go walk the red carpet and you know, socialize and meet people. And for us, I mean I could speak for Edwin as well, there's no real value for our businesses there. You know, we're not really going to I mean, there is networking. If you're with the right people. But most of the time when you're on those places, you don't meet the right people. It's not our industry, right never, No.
Speaker 3: And Lisa.
Speaker 4: I realized Lisa gets called these things so often. It's like a couple of times a week, there's some place that you know wants her to come and help promote it and think. So, you know, I was trying to show off for her as much as I can, but yeah, it's at the point where it becomes a distraction to what you're trying to achieve, you know, and the business that I'm in at all. The last two businesses that I've been in have been focused on, you know, the world largest law firms, world's largest consulting companies. There's no contacts I'm going to meet, you know, promoting some makeup line or something like that.
Speaker 3: You can help me in my business.
Speaker 2: You know. It's interesting.
Speaker 5: I remember when I was on the show, we kept getting we got invited everywhere, and I found myself, you know, drinking four or five times a week because every event I went to there's drinking, right, Yeah, And I remember thinking to myself, what I have to drink at these events and I won't be able to keep up. If I come to these many events and then drink two three drinks every event, that adds up to fifteen twenty drinks a week. So that's what that's the reason I decided to go sober for a year. I'm like, you know what, I'm not going to drink for an entire year. If I'm going to go to these events, I'm not going to drink. But it's interesting. I replaced that with coffee. I'd never had coffee before in my life. Oh and then I was like, whoa, this is why people drink coffee, Like I could actually be engaged in a conversation even if they're drunk. I could still be engaged because I'm having my coffee. But yeah, it was an interesting time being sober for an entire year and going to all these events. But that's why I actually didn't drink for a year, because you.
Speaker 2: Know, how I keep up with this?
Speaker 1: How did the coffee affect the year?
Speaker 2: Sleep?
Speaker 5: That's the only thing that sort of screwed me up because then I had a hard time sleeping. So I was like, still, you know, uh, not the greatest, but it did. It's funny that was my exchange for alcohol. I just drank coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I got smart and I'll do some iced tea and not iced tea tea.
Speaker 4: That was the hardest part for me when I when I stopped drinking, was just the habit of like I be in a crowd and and you feel like it's it's kind of the social pressure where you're supposed to have something in your hand and like people are asking you.
Speaker 3: Like what do you drink?
Speaker 4: Like, even if you do go and you just get soda, water or whatever, people are like, well, what are you drinking? Yeah, And if you tell them it's soa water, then they're like, oh, come on, let's get you some tequila whatever. It's really strange how much it bothers other people.
Speaker 2: If you're not drinking, should you not drink anymore?
Speaker 3: Barely?
Speaker 4: Like I'll have half a drink or something if people are really pressuring you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, mainly I'm trying. I've been on this kick.
Speaker 4: For about a year where I've been trying to do all these biomarker testing and everything and trying to help with longevity as much as I can and get great workouts. And I was finding that having a hangover or even a couple of drinks. It affects your performance, and it's just didn't align with what I want to do.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I did hear something about you getting into the biohacking world, and I know that, especially Edwin and I were into fitness, weren't to feeling good. There's nothing better in life than feeling good naturally, right. I've experienced the caffeine highs, I've experienced this supplement, and of course there's so many things out there, substances if you will, that will make you feel incredible. I haven't tried it, but I heard adderall is one of the things that just lights you up, makes you feel like you're on top of the world, and it's legal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Yeah. I had.
Speaker 4: A lot of problems concentrating whenever I was younger and everything, and then when adderall came along, I went to my doctor and.
Speaker 3: Tried it for a while. But then what I found is you're kind of like borrowing energy.
Speaker 4: Today from tomorrow, and so it's kind of the same thing where you'd feel great and focused and engaged with people and stuff, and then the next day you're kind of like crashed and not operating at one hundred percent or at least for me. Yeah, So for me, I find the best thing was if you can get a long stint away from almost everything except for caffeine and just there's a lot of research out there now that creatine we all you stick creatine for like muscles and stuff that actually curantine is one of the most effective for the brain.
Speaker 3: You probably read that the.
Speaker 4: Things like things like that healthy any and like keeping doing like meditation and breath work and stuff like that to try to get your stress levels down. You'll start operating a lot better cognitively. So it's you know, it's almost you can almost achieve the same level of focus and everything by just letting your body regulate.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, And I'll add to that that it doesn't work the same for everybody because we all have different not just genetics but lifestyles.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I myself, and I grew up exercising my whole entire life, so it's like brushing my teeth, and if I don't do it, that's when I, you know, become unhinged and a little bit of a bitch and you know, whine about everything. And I know that my wife reminds me of that but as soon as I go get a good workout, get a good pump, and especially for me, it's cardiovascular workouts when I'm running, cycling, or doing some sort of exercise that gets my heart pumping, in my brain just cleared. I can handle life much better that way. But yeah, I think it's it's the history and background of that whole regiment. You know, if you start working out today, you're not going to love it as much as somebody who's been doing it all their life. Right, It's going to be sort of like an uphill both ways battle. This is so hard. I can't continue this for the rest of my life, So they'll give up and go back to their old regimen, which is self medication with alcohol or some sort of at least illicit drug or you know, over the counter drug. But it's it's just it's I think it's different for everybody with respect to what lifestyle they live, how their body processes nutrients, you know some of them, some of us are more efficient than others, and of course what their long term goal is. You know, at a young age, we don't think about our fifty year old self, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just thinking this to my daughter She's like, what do you because I have all these selfles packed, you know, on the trip to London here. Yeah, it's like what are you doing with all these things all the time? Like you'll understand maybe when you get closer to my age.
Speaker 1: Hey, at least it's not a bag full of pharmaceuticals that you're taking. I mean, I can't tell you how much I hate that. I've seen that. I witnessed it and it just makes me cringe. You know. In my perfect world, I wish I didn't have to take anything. But again, I know that there's certain things I'm deficient in that I don't get in my diet. I don't eat a whole lot of fish, so I do take Omega threes the supplements. I definitely do creatine, even though I eat a lot of meat that meets my primary source of fuel and nutrition. But I do take creatine because of its beneficial returns. You know, it's it's worth it. I also take yeah, and I also do supplement with electrolytes, you know, mostly because I am a sweathog. I sweat like mad, and I know I lose a lot a lot of electrolytes and electrolytes you know, micronutrients are very hard to replenish unlike macro nutrients, you know, So to me, it's sort of like the safe feats like a like a backup system for me, Like I'm just gonna have my electrolytes in there, whether I need them or not, because yeah, there's going to be days where I'm out eight hours on my dirt bike and I'm sweating my balls off and I'm having a great time. But afterwards is the effect, right, Like why am I cramping?
Speaker 4: And you know, like as we as we all age, right, there's things that just happen to our bodies that so for example, all of our testosterone gets low, our growth hormone gets low.
Speaker 3: There's all these things that happen to us that are it's not good.
Speaker 4: So there's there's things now that are coming down through research and everything, like mylestat and inhibitors and you know, ways for people to supplement their testosterone either through in klomaphine or through testosterone itself or whatever.
Speaker 3: Like there's a whole bunch of.
Speaker 4: Ways to fix these things that to make you a little bit more like your body chemist for you, like when you're twenty, there's like the you know, people that have they really do feel hunger in a way that many of us might not. And and now there's like ways to inhibit the feeling of hunger and all that kind of stuff. So I just think that what's happening in medicine is like pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: So I'm not like.
Speaker 4: Anti you know, medicine in any way or whatever. I'm more like about I just want to measure what's going on in my body. I love this function. I don't know if you guys saw function the blood.
Speaker 1: Tests, Yeah, I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Like you can test, like, you know, a hundred different biomarkers and you'll see like you're deficient in vitamin D three and you're deficient in this and this and this, and then you.
Speaker 3: Can just correct it, you know, and it makes a big difference.
Speaker 2: Tell us about Lisa.
Speaker 5: How did you meet Lisa. Let's get into let's get into that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I had I had broken up with well, I was in a really toxic relationship where we were breaking up, getting back together, breaking up, getting back together.
Speaker 3: I'd move out.
Speaker 1: Is this your marriage?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I actually have a great relationship with my ex wife. We were together almost twenty years and wow, you know, we just talked today, even we talk every day pretty much. But this was a relationship I probably never should have gotten into. I was but her and me and my ex wife we had broken up.
Speaker 3: I was single for a while.
Speaker 4: I was dating, dating, dating, and then I was thinking, like, I should probably make a decision on what I'm going to do because I was worried that it would set a bad example to my daughter if she sawt me dating a lot of different people. And so I think I probably jumped into choosing when I probably shouldn't have. And probably about a year in I knew it wasn't right, and I just kept on, you know, trying to make it work. I think I'm a bit of a try to make it work a person. Yeah, and then it clearly wasn't and then I would just get to the breaking point. I would move out, and we went through this very toxic thing for a long time.
Speaker 2: And then how long was the breakup period?
Speaker 5: Like how long did it take from you knew you obviously knew the first year you should have broke up, but you still.
Speaker 3: Go five years?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, it used to happen to me all the time.
Speaker 5: By the way, I knew I should have broken up like six at the six month mark, at the year mark, and then it took three years to finally break up.
Speaker 2: It took five years to finally break up.
Speaker 5: When in retrospect, I was like, I kind of knew at year one it was never going to happen, Yet I continued this back and forth toxic relationship.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's that interesting for you or for them.
Speaker 4: I think what prolonged the whole thing is that her friends convinced me that everything would get a lot better if we just got engaged, because a lot of the you know, craziness that was happening, in the stress that was happening, arguing that was happening, was because I was not being engaged. And I don't know how I felt for that. That was like, it's like these people that they're like, oh, just have a baby, that'll fix everything. So I got engaged, and and then it didn't fix the It didn't fix the issues.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we ended up calling it off.
Speaker 4: And then so then I was single, trying to figure out what to do. And then one of my friends we used to see this girl in the in the gym all the time at Berry's boot Camp Lisa.
Speaker 2: Barry's boot Camp, by the way, it's one of my favorite workouts.
Speaker 4: I still go like once a week with at least. She's like a frequent flyer there.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: But we used to see her come in.
Speaker 4: She was like I always thought she was beautiful, but she she'd come in like five minutes slate to the class, and she'd leave five minutes early.
Speaker 3: And I'd think, like, what's with that girl?
Speaker 4: She thinks she's too good for everybody's what's going on? Why is she coming in late and leaving early and everything? And then I came to realize what her life was like, like if she sticks around, she gets like, you know, it can be hard to get in and out sometimes. Yeah, So that's where I first saw her, and I would talk about her with my friends and everything, and then then they broke up. I kind of forgot all about it until I broke up, and I was like, I was on a boat with one of my friends and he said we were talking about like, what.
Speaker 3: Am I going to do next? Am I going to go on a dating app?
Speaker 4: What am I going to do? And then he's we were like, what about that? Lisa girl, and I was like, yeah, maybe I'll ask her out. So I didn't realize at the time how unrealistic that was, you know, just pulled outreach. But I just like dm'd her and and then she started writing back, and it was like within two minutes she started writing back, and it was like an interview. She's like like, do you have any kids? You know, like what how old is your kid? What has your relationship with her? Like it was like boom boom, boom, boom boom, like for an hour and a half, like what do you do for a living?
Speaker 3: What did you do before that? Like you know, uh?
Speaker 5: And then when in your DM or did you like say hey it's me from Barrie's do you remember me? Or what was that first DM?
Speaker 2: What did you ask?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I remember it because she tells this story quite a bit. She was getting apparently like a lot of like really bad messages, like a lot of gross messages from guys like whatever, and and mine was probably a pretty Canadian I guess I was like, hey, I think you're really beautiful. I've seen you around at you know, at your parties and at various bot camp and stuff like that, and I always thought you had like really great style, and you know, you just you're kind of my neighbor. You just live on the next island, and I'd love to take you out sometime if you want.
Speaker 3: And she's like, huh, next island. So he's doing okay for himself. You know.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say that I liked that drop of the next island.
Speaker 2: That's just like yeah, low hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah. So it worked.
Speaker 4: And then we went out for planned our first date at a restaurant and it was like a very awkward car ride because it was it was probably too long of a car ride, and and then but yeah, but it turned out to be it turned out to be great. We ended up going to an event. It was like this season is all about the Philip Line thing. We went to a Philip Line event when we first.
Speaker 3: Met, and.
Speaker 4: It was it was nice because like I had had other friends there so I could talk to my friends and like she could still talk to her.
Speaker 3: It wasn't so much pressure, you know. Yeah, it turned out to be really good.
Speaker 4: And then then I just you know, asked her out again, and it is kind of I remember her telling me, like early into the relationship, she said, are you sure you want to do this because this is going to get really crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, like how crazy could it really get? You know, I've been in the media before with my tex stuff. I didn't realize how different that was, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well, let me ask you the big question. When you saw Lisa, and you obviously knew about her, not just because she's a hottie, did you know that she was on a real housewife show on TV? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, everybody everybody in the city knew that couple.
Speaker 3: More than anybody else on the show.
Speaker 4: They just knew who that couple was because they were in the same social circles. So I had a million friends that were their friends.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: It happened to have not met, so it was that was one of the things that actually made it pretty ea because we had so many friends in common. Okay, and I didn't have any friends in common with anybody else on the show. But I knew all about her, and she knew a lot of my friends, but we didn't really I didn't know much about the show because I didn't watch the show.
Speaker 1: I was just going to ask you that, like, were you very familiar with the show? Okay?
Speaker 3: You I was forced to watch it once or twice by one of my axes.
Speaker 2: But do you interact with Lisa's X at all?
Speaker 3: No, not really.
Speaker 4: I went to like birthdays and things like that. I tried to make the best of it. I just felt like, you know, I had such a good relationship with my ax. I thought it would work itself out in time. And I remember texting them that saying like, Hey, I know things arely heated between you and Lisa right now, but I do think it'll work itself out over time and all that, kind of giving them my perspective, but they never I'm not sure it ever will for them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a tough place to be and I know that. I mean, I hate to bring this up, but I know Edwin is kind of walking into that world, Like how is he going to feel when the kids are going to be with somebody else? And it's it's a crazy dynamic. I don't know if you're ready for that. You're ready for that, Edwin?
Speaker 2: I think so. It seems like a cool guy.
Speaker 1: I haven't met him yet, but but are you communicating with him?
Speaker 2: No, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 1: I personally I don't have a problem with it, but that's good.
Speaker 5: But I think it's you know, I think it's a you know, when it just happens organic. I think I'm more of that type of person and stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think we talked about this before on another podcast interview, and I want to say I had I never spoke to my wife's ex. It just was not conducive. The guy was just a terrible person. But I think if I had done it different, if I had my way, I would have had a great conversation or relationship with him because it benefits the kids the most. I think that's my opinion. I didn't experience that, but from what I witnessed and other relationships that have gone through something like that, I think the kids benefit highly. And and I just had, you know, an interview with PAULI and we talked about that with him and Dolores and yeah, and and how he has just an incredible relationship with the whole entire extended family, including Frank and it's just so funny how they go back and forth like brothers, and it's it's bizarre to me, but he says, yeah, you know, it works, It really works.
Speaker 5: I think it's easy if if both couples are getting along. Yeah, it's it's easy to meet the other person, right. I think if you're not getting along, it just makes it that much tougher, right because you know, as the as the guy that's coming into a new relationship, you almost have to stay away because it can only be bad for you. If they're in a bad place and then you try to butt in, it just gets worse. So but if they're both doing well and amicable, it's easy to just meet the other person, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's so much harder in our world, I think too, because everything, uh, you know, everybody is so visible in the media, so like there was an awful lot happening where something would happen and then somebody would call you know, page six or us or whatever, and then like and then somebody then they call for a rebuttal and it's just it's a weird world, you know, this whole thing is it just RKEs it really difficult.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, my daughter's mom and she's you know, she's now remarried, and we travel together, like you and the kids and uh and my daughter and and then like we did ski trips together, we do Christmas together.
Speaker 1: Wow. Great that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you bring Lisa with you, I assume, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Lisa and the kids and and actually Logan h which is Lisa's on he was, he was he he loves Danny, which is you know, it's like my kid's mom's husband. He loves me, and Danny has taken him like pickleball and you know, all kinds of stuff like that. It's kind of like a you know, a new modern family.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That is so cool.
Speaker 5: So you were I remember I saw some articles on you know, how supportive you were being for Lisa and how great you were for Lisa, and obviously you were getting some great press and then all of a sudden you start getting some bad press with that incident of you, which you guys quickly sort of diminished. But how was that, you know, getting good press and then all of a sudden you.
Speaker 2: Got to deal with that crap?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How was that? Definitely the ard where you're disappointed.
Speaker 4: I thinkfully, that wasn't my first foray into it, because like I had when I was like several months into dating Lisa and then there was a hit piece put in by her ex about just one day whenever I was like dropping her off. He like called the you know, one of these tabloids or whatever, and they were saying like that I was visiting the house late at night. It was just like a really bizarre article. I was like, this is really strange that this is what the world is like. You know, you do a normal thing, like you're just dropping somebody off, and it turns into a news story.
Speaker 2: So what was that story, Like you were being a stalker or what.
Speaker 3: Well, it was trying to apply that I was home with.
Speaker 4: And the kids, and then that was somehow inappropriate because the kids are too young to have a guy around. It was a twenty thousand square foot mansion with two guest houses, you know, like it's not like we're just we were just hanging out like every couple hangs out. Yeah, but you know, he was able to spin that into a news story. And I think he was just angry at the time at her And I'm sure there was a lot of back and forth worth us.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was really angry with my with my ex when we first broke up, so I think that's natural.
Speaker 4: But that's where I first caught the first shrapnel, I guess. And and then this last one, I had actually heard like long before the season was ever, Like really, when season one was was wrapping up, one of the producers had said to me that a lot of times in season two, like when you're in your second full season, a lot of times that's when they'll.
Speaker 3: Give you a bad editor. Yeah, and so I.
Speaker 4: Wasn't entirely surprised, and then and then I got But when I saw that, it was so bizarre because you know, they leave all the windows and door You guys have probably seen this, but they have like the lighting equipment and stuff like that, so they leave all the windows and doors open where they're filming. We had barbecues and everything in our in our living room, and so it was like ninety some degrees.
Speaker 3: Everybody's like sweating through their shirts and everything.
Speaker 4: And also most of my friends don't want to be on camera, but but I didn't want to be at my own birthday without my friends. Yeah, if I said, you know, it's fine and invite all the cast and everything, but I want to have my own friends there, and then my friends would come and they basically just had you know, we have a got a very large place, so they just had their own kind of birthday going on separate from the main one, and then then I see that they're like clearly trying to imply that I was like that AC was some code word, and some people have even like given it, like they say adult candy or.
Speaker 3: Something like that. It's just so stretching, but whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's part of the Real Housewife world is that every edit, for the most part, is to create the maximize the drama, you know, to create something out of nothing or take something completely out of context. I get it now because I've been in it for so long, and if there wasn't any of that, then there wouldn't be an audience just rivetted to watching the train wreck, right, because that's what I call it. It's just just a train wreck shit show that everybody loves to watch, and they've been very successful with it, doing that same program year in year out. Every time I've spoken to any potential house husband or boyfriend that's going to be on the show, I've had a few of them reach out to me and say, hey, so what should I expect. My biggest advice has always been to stay out of the cameras, to stay out of the drama, don't get involved. You know, at the end of the day, it's better to be called a guy or a guy that doesn't support his wife on this show, then a guy that gets all into the business it gets into a fight with another housewife and becomes, you know, the seventh housewife on the show. Right, that's my take on it.
Speaker 3: This is what I tried to do.
Speaker 4: So when I heard that this was probably that I was probably going to be, you know, I have this happen in season two, I thought, okay, Well, the first thing I did is said I'm not going to film season two, and so we went a long time into negotiations where I was like, I'm not going to do this until you know if this is what's coming. And it ended up I was. I was satisfied. I thought it was all going to be kept under control. The very first event was my birthday, so there was no it's but to be there, you know, So so I was kind of trapped. Larsa came right up and confronted me at my birthday.
Speaker 3: They cut most of the scene.
Speaker 4: It's actually like a five minute scene or so where I have a whole conversation with her where she's like asking these different questions and I'm saying like, she's like, do you know don't you know what Marcus did to me? And I said, well, something along lines of like no, I don't know anything about that, and and she was like, well.
Speaker 3: You know he did this and this and this. Don't even don't aren't you on Instagram?
Speaker 4: And I said, I'm not really on Instagram like once in a while, like once every few weeks or a month, I'll post something, but I'm not really an Instagram person. And she's like, well, what about the tabloids. It's all over the TMC and everything. I was like, I don't. I'm a business person. I don't really read tabloids or any of that kind of stuff. Honestly, I just don't do that. It was a whole conversation.
Speaker 2: Are you drinking? Do you have a little buzz going on? And she's.
Speaker 3: I was prepared because I was like, this is gonna be like. I didn't let my guard down until the whole I thought.
Speaker 4: It was over, like I thought, okay, well I handled that pretty well, and then I was like, okay, guys, like all right.
Speaker 3: Let's go do a shot.
Speaker 4: So then I felt like it was all good and then but turned out they clipped the whole argument and they made it look like she confronted me, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that clip. My wife made me watch the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's And then I realized, I mean, every year you learn a little bit more right, and you realize I thought, as long as you don't give them any any scenes that where you're being full Oh no, I realized, No, it's it's even more than that. You really have to just stay away. Yeah, like you said, if you stay away too much, then you're on supportive. So yeah, I think I think I'll know the right balance next year if I if I decide to.
Speaker 1: Do it, Yeah, I think my number one rule is just don't get involved with the drama no matter how bad it gets, because I have confidence more than one hundred percent that my wife can handle it because she's been doing that. She's seasoned. She knows how to deal with these little bitches that you know, want men that want to be on the show and want to be you know, big mouth and be part of the housewife world. And I'm like, I there's nothing I can contribute to that because my wife will put them in their place, you know, And my wife doesn't make up bullshit, you know, she defends herself, defends her family, and just calls people out on their bullshit. And that's what people don't like, especially men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: In our in our group, the men don't really get involved. This year, what ended up happening is, you know, Marcus and I joined the show at the same time. Every time he lives in Orlando, So every time he would come down from Orlando, which is every three four months or whatever, he's he's friends with all my friends, so all my friends, and he has to be like, Hey, I'm coming to.
Speaker 3: Town or whatever, let's go grab dinner. We grab dinner, and.
Speaker 4: One of these times, it was in the summertime, I grabbed dinner with him and a bunch of my friends.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: Like months later, we're going into filming and then Larsa calls and she's all angry. I'm like what, And then I'm realizing she's talking about this group dinner with all my friends from like months before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even I didn't.
Speaker 4: Even know this was a problem, you know. Yeah, and then it just turned into a confrontation. First thing I knew I was the story lie.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing I kind of took away from watching the clip of your show last Sunday, I think it was, is, you know, there's going to be drama between friends. You know, Again, something I learned recently, there's got to be a fight, and then there's got to be making up. And my wife's had so many of those relationships on the show. And again it's for show purposes, right, but there also have been some women on the show that they can't get to my wife. They can't you know, make her emotionally cry or really get at her, right, so they go after their kids, or they go after their husbands or boyfriends. And that's just not fun. That's not cool, you know, these these women, and we're not going to you know. And and the thing that really gets me is that Bravo edits it and puts it out there, and I get it, you know, it's part of the show. We signed the contract, then we're there because we want to support our wife anyway we can. But it's it's, yeah, it's I don't know, collateral damage. Welcome to the collateral damage.
Speaker 4: But I think I think it does make it harder to recruit successful guys.
Speaker 3: To the show, because yeah, and to get us to come back like after after a year like this.
Speaker 4: You know, we had a lot of discussions, like do I ever want to be on camera again?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's I I definitely wanted to help her. I wanted to support her, But then I.
Speaker 4: See some of the women on the show where their husbands barely appear and they've been fine. Yeah, so I think I think I can probably fade away and that would be great.
Speaker 2: Do you still talk to Marcus?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I probably every two or three months we talk. I'm I'm taking my daughter to Paris here this weekend, and and and he's going to be in Paris apparently in the same same weekends we were talking about actually grabbing dinner.
Speaker 3: If that doesn't like cause, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, the guy doesn't even drin think anymore. Like he's he's he's so not what at least from what I've seen, he's so not what is rumored?
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, yeah, what is uh?
Speaker 2: What does mom now think of you been on the show? Obviously she was very proud when you got that job making fifteen bucks. Now what does she think now that you're on Bravo TV?
Speaker 1: Is she like a big fan is sher celebrity?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, if if my mom were My mom passed a long time ago, but if my mom were still alive, there was no way I would do the show because she would have just never. My mom was very She used to preach to me all the time about modesty and not bragging and just like she was, so it was so important to her that uh that I actually it kind of hurt my businesses for a long time because I wouldn't be on camera. I didn't have any kind of public image because I always had these things going on in my hat about what my mom had taught me. So yeah, if she were, if she were alive, I'd be wrestling between you know, what's good for Lisa and what's good for my mom, and I probably would lean towards modesty.
Speaker 2: My last question for you, just a fun one.
Speaker 5: You mentioned when you DMD or you said, hey, I have a house just snacks on the other island. Who had a nicer house?
Speaker 2: You or Lisa?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know it was? My house was was quite nice. It was a waterfront. You know.
Speaker 4: I sold it for twelve through twelve million dollars just a couple months ago.
Speaker 3: But at least was worth I think eighty million dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, it's like a massive, massive place, so really, you know, it kind of to me felt a little bit like a hospital. It was giant, like twenty five ceilings and like.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, was yours more modern?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, mine was more more like modern like wood.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like I don't know if you've seen these like with Teak and Epey and all that. I love that kind of thing, like feel a little bit jungly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now they got some beautiful homes there.
Speaker 3: I can only Miami. Miami is a really great place.
Speaker 4: It's my daughter was just saying about how she loves where she lives. And I remember when I grew up, and most of us when we grew up, we didn't love where we lived. But I do find off a lot of people they love Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great place. It's a really cool, just hip, jive, awesome place to visit. I don't know that I could live at the same thing with New York. I love visiting, I don't know that I can live there, But you know, it probably stems from just growing up in southern California all my life and I'm comfortable here, but I do love to visit Miami. It's awesome. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Now that you sold your place, what's next?
Speaker 4: Well, so now I think I'm actually looking at another place. So there's a place that's another waterfront place I found. I had a feeling that prices were going to drop, and they are. So I think I talked to that kind of perfectly been investing and stuff like that, and then now I think I'm probably gonna buy another place coming well, I guess if I can get it for what I think I can.
Speaker 2: Do you involve your daughter at all with it? She just has no.
Speaker 3: Interest in that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm waiting to see, you know what she's gonna have interest in. At the moment, she's like very focused on forensics. She wants to solve crimes, work for the FBI and all that kind of stuff. That could be pretty cool. I would like for her to do something in maths or sciences or AI or something that's future proof, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right right, times are definitely changing. So one last question I have for you is now that we've mentioned, you know, some of the negative stuff that has happened on Bravo and how they spin things to create a storyline and how you know, sometimes we get to be you know, collateral damage on all that. Tell us about some of the positive stuff that you've experienced since being on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's it's I mean, I guess in terms of it's a wild life. Yeah, we go to you know, she's coming to meet me and Peyton in Paris here this weekend, and you know, it's it's crazy, like when we're getting stopped all the time in the street and and like all this it's a it's that that stuff is it is cool for a while, but I think in I think and it's been really great for Lisa.
Speaker 3: I mean, Lisa has built a.
Speaker 4: Whole career in business that is probably starting to rival what she's making on the show now. And that's that's really just within the last couple of years. So I think, you know, she never really had focused on it before, and now I've been kind of like trying to help her, you know, how to build a brand and then you know, how to think about product and stuff like that, and she's been really focusing. I've been pretty proud of her now that she's like clear of the distraction of the divorce. I think she's doing a good job. So I think it's really good for the women that you know, use it in the right way.
Speaker 1: So I understand you guys created an app for divorce to make divorce a little bit easier or yeah, consumer friendly.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: So she had ran into a lot of problems during her divorce, and she was constantly calling me. I have a bit of a legal background too, and so she would ask me different questions about things that would happen all the time, like, hey, she'd just wake up in the morning and maybe all the cars were gone from the driveway and she had to drive, she had to get the kids to school or whatever, like all kinds of random situations, and so I would, you know, help her look through the legal documents and all that stuff that she could save money.
Speaker 3: And then they were just de escalating conversations.
Speaker 4: There was like how to find a good attorney that's not going to take advantage of the situation all these problems, And we started conversations about like, you know, we could probably build something that would help you, but also help women in general that are the disadvantage party. Usually they don't have as much legal knowledge as much money as the husband and it would be a good business for Lisa. So so I helped her get that off the ground, helped her raise money, hire the team, and she's got she's got a whole team that basically runs with that now and I just kind of like help them set weekly goals or whatever.
Speaker 1: But that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I was an investor in it.
Speaker 4: Now I don't have to be that involved anymore, which is my postalized business has just really taken off. It's been we're this week, I think going to close a really large financing.
Speaker 3: To take it to the next level. So that's taking up a lot of my time.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, very cool, fantastic. So do you have any questions for us or do you have anything and else? Do you want to clarify about your experience on the show, anything you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: You know, I was when the more we got talking.
Speaker 4: I know, we met at Pravacan a couple of years ago, and I thought it's been such a nice network, you know, Yeah, just meeting all the different guys and you realize how you have a lot of things in common with them because you're all kind of subject to the same things.
Speaker 3: But I found fan you guys.
Speaker 4: To be really great, and I love that you guys do this because it kind of helps a little bit when you feel like your only camera time is whatever slice of camera time that Bravo decides to give you, and it's not always the one that you want, and it's nice when people get to know who you really are.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 4: Nice to you guys take the time to do these kinds of podcasts and I love that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. I know I'm enjoying it. Edwin, you're enjoying this and.
Speaker 5: Enjoying them, and I love hearing stories like yours and again kind of get to hear the story the man behind the stories.
Speaker 2: So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think my favorite part of this is, you know, getting the opportunity to share the real man behind or with the housewife on the show, because it's not fair. It's not fair that, you know, we don't get to be the real person on TV. And I get why, you know, I'm boring on TV.
Speaker 4: You know, I was like, I was like, the reason I look awkward on camera is because I'm awkward on camera.
Speaker 3: You know, housewife, I don't I never intended to be a housewife.
Speaker 1: Oh. I wanted to mention that too. When I was watching the show on Sunday, I'm like, oh, he is so uncomfortable on the camera and I'm the same way, Like I'm a perfectly cool guy, normal conversation, but you put that big lens in front of me, it changes me.
Speaker 4: Just I don't think people realize what it's like because when we're doing these scenes, there's like, you know, ten people around you with my booms and you know, cameras from all different angles and stuff, and you're just have a normal conversation as though they're not even there.
Speaker 3: It's it's, yeah, it's not like those lights.
Speaker 2: Can be pretty hot, by the way. Those those lights can get warm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and on where you're at and where the scene is that those lights are just like beaming on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's a hilarious I don't know if you guys have seen this.
Speaker 4: He's hilarious, this guy who acted out a scene of a typical house husband.
Speaker 1: He's like, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 4: I'll have to send it to you guys, maybe show notes or something. But it's it's so funny. It's this this guy where he's like, what I can't believe she disrespected our family. So it's a house husband, you know, like we're all just do our part to like say whatever, yeah, supportive thing, but we are not involved.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I when I get awkward like that, I'll yell out to the crew and I say, line, do.
Speaker 2: You get more comfortable when you have some drinks on you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Say, oh my god, that was what that was what I was doing. It's kind of like the story you told. I was drinking a lot in the scenes because I was like, I gotta get.
Speaker 3: Comfortable or whatever, you know.
Speaker 4: And then I was just like, I don't, like, we're shooting like at some points five times a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: Eddie's very calm with the cameras. He even did a nude scene almost.
Speaker 1: From the start. It was all downhill from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They did that in my season one too.
Speaker 4: There was like a there was like a scene where they were like, hey, you guys want to like do a date night. So we did a date night and stuff, and then then they're like, you know, what are you guys going to do after after dinner? I was like, I don't know, like maybe go hang out by the dock or whatever.
Speaker 3: They're like, how about the hot tub? And then I'm like, oh man.
Speaker 1: You know what they want? Yeah, oh man. So hey, I'll leave you with this final advice if you haven't seen this show on Netflix is called Unreal. It's a sort of a I think it's an eight series reality TV kind of show, and it's about filming reality TV. And the biggest takeaway is you know how producers are wired to make a good show. But it'll open up your eyes on how this all works for real because you know some producers, most of the producers on our show, I love them. They're they're really nice. They're really really nice to you when they want you to do something right. Perfect example, my very first scene when I filmed, you know, the bathtub scene, the producer took me downstairs and said, you don't have to do this, but here's a shot at tequila. Seven shots later, I'm like, yo. They just they just know how to manipulate you to do certain things. And this show was very entertaining to watch only because we're in it. You know, we're deep in it, and there'll be there'll be a lot of takeaway for you for how to manage yourself in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do. I do love a lot of the producers. They're really they're really good people, and I know they're doing their job.
Speaker 3: I know that his job.
Speaker 4: But no, I probably have to probably film very little or maybe not at all if it's gonna go like that.
Speaker 3: It's just I think it's hard not to.
Speaker 1: And this is another experience I had. I think it was year two. Going into year two. I had a decent edit in the beginning, because that was the night in Shining Armor, you know, coming to save Camera from her divorce or her last her last life. But yeah, they they edited me in a way where it just didn't make any sense, kind of like what happened to you? And I had to make a choice. I literally contemplating, contemplated, you know, I can't do this show. And if I can't do this show, I can't be in this relationship with Camera, So what's more important to me? And I had to dig deep, deep, deep inside me and ask myself, like, do you see a potential in this relationship? And all the lights went up and said, yeah, you got to do whatever it takes. So I had to make a I had to literally flip a switch in my head and go, Okay, I'm going to do this, and I'm going to do it my way, and then you know, I'm going to stay out of the drama, out of the camera as much as possible, and only film when I absolutely have to. And one trink I learned is I think you did this too. It when whenever the cameras are filming and the drama starts, I always stand behind the cameraman or next to the cameraman because they can't get my my my reaction, they can't get me on the on you know, part of the drama, so they can't air it. And it's always It's always worked for me.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea. Just careful going going to the bathroom or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and learn how to turn the mics off. How many times have you had to tell your friends? I might it's like you're you're working for the FBI or something, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got that girl, such a.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Jody, it's been an awesome time hanging with you. I really enjoyed getting to know you. I hope to see you at Bravo Khan this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good time. Thank you for being so open, Jody. It was so much fun interviewing you man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Really nice to see you guys.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Well take care, Jody, have a good one.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fun. I loved how open he was. It was super cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I and it all makes sense, which is super cool.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One of the of things I was concerned with is, you know, sometimes, and especially in my experience over here, there's been actual real douchebags that are on the show and they try they interview well, they talk well, they present well, right, So I never want to interview those guys because they're just gonna lie through their teeth. And my concern was, I don't really know Jody much, but there's this controversy going on, and you know, let's just give it a shot. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: So he's very genuine to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like the guy a lot. And it sounds like he really cares about people and his family and his obviously his relationship with Lisa. So totally cool guy.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Loved it all right, my man.
Speaker 1: It's a great senior brother.
Speaker 2: I know, it's great senior man. We got to hang soon, catch up.
Speaker 1: All right. I hope you're doing well. All right, same, all right, take care of bro, sayah bye.