Speaker 1: So good news. We did you know we did the little minisotes for vacation. I got so much positive feedback about the minisodes they demanded another.
Speaker 2: Yeah yay, so that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You can't stay that far away from microwave the whole time. Microwave microphone. Everyone's cracked out.
Speaker 2: Please, honey, let's switch. I'm sick.
Speaker 1: You what, listen, I promise we're not gonna take a long time. It's just gonna be a fast one because we have some really cool stuff coming up in the next couple episodes that I'm excited about. I know Diamond's really excited about.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm excited too.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I don't even want to say who it is because I feel like there's potential that this person could cancel.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. They're floaded and ready. They follow it up with us.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, Diamond. On a scale of one to ten, how excited.
Speaker 2: Every we are a nine point.
Speaker 1: Five nine point five for Diamonds. So that should be a hint of some sort as to what it is. Oh, by the way, this is Sauce on the side. Thanks for listening. I'm Gandhi. This is Diamond I'm Andrew, and that's Andrew. Andrew freshly back from Tokyo. You want to tell us about your vacation.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was a lot of fun. I still wish I was in Japan. Once you're in Japan, you realize how much New York is just mm hmm, she ain't it?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Why?
Speaker 3: The transportation, the cleanliness, everything about it.
Speaker 1: It's just are you going to move to Japan and take a wife?
Speaker 4: Uh? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Well have you I heard Japan won't even have US, But they're like, get out of here, you're not Jobanese.
Speaker 3: So fun fact you can buy property in Japan. You just to get citizenship is next to impossible. So like, and I don't want to give up a US passport, okay, but you could be granted like some type of citizenship and you could buy property there. So I'm just saying, for the amount that you could buy for you can get a nice little country place in Kyoto well and then rent it out.
Speaker 1: As anas in Kyoto, Just saying, Andrew, are you going to do that?
Speaker 3: I would if if I could find something that's so when they don't want it, like because the housing market basically when you buy an apartment or a house there. It already depreciated in value because the birth rates are like declining rapidly, and so when you like.
Speaker 1: So you're saying no children.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy, but that's good. But when they're done with their house, like people just leave, like they don't sell the house. It's hard to sell the house, so they just leave. So there's just abandoned houses. They just rots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should go buy rotting houses in Japan.
Speaker 2: Why why would we do that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. So we can run them out as airbnbs country house in Kyoto.
Speaker 2: But would we really fix them up for people to live in them. I know. My answer is no.
Speaker 1: Listen. I almost fell victim to one of those buy this house in Italy for a dollar scams, And then I talked to people in Italy who are like, let me tell you why this isn't gonna work. Number One, you have a certain amount of time you have to renovate it within Number two, it's they're all in these very crazy like remote areas that they aren't really even humans. They're sort of just overrun by like rabbits and grass. And apparently it's not just getting that work done. I guess since it's Italy stereotype coming. They say that the UH organization that doesn't exist, that is not called the mafia slows everything down. So it ends up. If you were gonna renovate, you thought you're gonna renovate in three years, it's one hundred thousand dollars. It ends up. If you want it in three years, it's gonna cost you like three hundred thousand dollars because you have to bribe people to get things done, and they just hold it up. I said, oh no, you keep I'm gonna keep my dollar.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In European countries it's actually very common. They are like, hey, it's really cool that you want to put in a stone driveway, but.
Speaker 1: Like, what'sn't it for me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, might take like a couple of years, so you might want to pay up now and then we could maybe go faster. Yeah.
Speaker 1: On real, So you had a good time on vacation.
Speaker 3: It was the best trip ever, and I wish I was still in Japan. I think I needed one more week to really just be like, great.
Speaker 1: Would you go back at Christmas? I would, because you'll have a couple of weeks and then also you have to take back the rock that you brought over.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would go back to Mount Fuji and throw these rocks back in the water.
Speaker 1: Diamond thought, I was, by the way, okay, so explain what explain what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: So I went to Mount Fuji and we went to these and I feel like I didn't add this part on the air, but I will tell you. So the lake I didn't know this, but basically Mount Fuji erupted and there's now five different lakes around Mount Fuji. The one that I took these from, our guy took us. It was right outside Aki Gohara Forest, which is here known as the Suicide Forest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what the hell are you trying to give me?
Speaker 3: But no, it was the water was so beautiful and the rocks were like blue, and so I was like, this is cool. So I took a rock for myself. I took rocks for I took a rock for you because I was like, Gandhi would love this, like this is nature. Gandhi loves nature.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I come back and apparently rocks are not like seashells that you could give out to people if you think they're pretty, And instead I brought it home maybe a generational curse.
Speaker 1: I'm clear. I went into Diamond and I was talking about something and she said, do not bring that rock around me. I don't want it. I'm not taking it. I said, I don't even have the rock. Andrew has the rock. I appreciate the cup full of rocks. I appreciate the thought we got to get those things back to Japan.
Speaker 2: I don't appreciate the thought. I don't appreciate it because well I wouldn't if I was you, because you're trying to curse me forever. I don't really understand.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of this curse. I've never heard of it. I took a rock from a cave in New Zealand. When I went, I was like, this is cool. I'm gonna take it with me. If anything, I thought, maybe it has diseases on it, because it's like from a cave like two hundred feet down there. I didn't think that like I was bringing home like a cursed object.
Speaker 1: You watch more TV trash TV, I guess. But also when I went to Hawaii last year, they don't let you take rocks from anywhere because I say it will upset her. What is her name?
Speaker 2: H whatever?
Speaker 1: It will upset her. You leave it alone, Okay, yeah, the lava goddess lady.
Speaker 3: All right, So I guess I'll put the rocks, keep the rocks in the cup, and then when we go, yeah, we'll throw them back in there.
Speaker 1: We'll take them back. Great to suicide for us, thank you.
Speaker 3: No, Chase, I learned something about that too. So it was an ancient cultural thing where it was called ubatsu. And so basically once you got older, like in your late when however old people lived to back then thirty or like you broke your leg or something, if you serve no more purpose, they would literally just bring you to the edge of the forest and be like bye later, and she would just walk into the woods. And that's why, like that was just a thing.
Speaker 1: Then it turned into something a little more dark recently, right, And didn't one of the Paul brothers get canceled because he was out there like filming a.
Speaker 3: Say, allowed in the country anymore. They banned him from the entire.
Speaker 1: Country and a novel idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then it but that was based off a story in the sixties that kind of like dramatized it, and then people picked up on it and we're like, oh my god, what's going on? It's not that like it's it's creepy, but it's not like that creepy Diamond.
Speaker 1: He brought me back a rock from land that he wasn't supposed to take rocks from in a suicide forest.
Speaker 3: The lake outside of it. It wasn't from inside.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds like he wants to wish bad on you and your family to come.
Speaker 3: You know, well I took a rock too, So am I cursing myself?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Also, thank you for your vacation update. It sounds like fun. I didn't really do anything that crazy. I just went to Florida see my parents, went to Ohio, see my sister. I went to Michigan to see my boyfriend. But I don't know what Diamond did. I know I was texting with her, but I have no idea what she actually got into and what she did. But the way we're sharing to microphone so you can hear a lot of this ad is gonna be very.
Speaker 2: Quick and boring. I just chilled and watched Love Island. I don't think you guys understand if you're not watching Love Island, you're losing in this battle. This is the best show I've ever seen in my life. It's better than the last year. And I said publicly that last year was amazing. Right now, Love Island, USA. If you're not watching, you're a loser, and that's.
Speaker 1: Well, we're I'm a loser, are you?
Speaker 2: And what I'll say is before watching it. If I heard that statement, I'd say, no, you're a loser for sitting down and watching a show every night at nine pm. But guess what.
Speaker 1: It's on every night, every night, every day except hump Day. That's my phone snooze.
Speaker 2: Every day except hump Day.
Speaker 1: Like it was right in the middle of that.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Love Island was your vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten out of ten experience. If you guys are watching, DM me so we could chat because I love talking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, she's very excited. When I came into work today, the first thing I noticed was that the Starbucks right around the corner is closed, and I thought diamond, And then she walked in with a couple of Starbucks. So I'm confused as to how it happened, but we'll just let that be.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I have something to say about that. She is so happy she found out K cups exist, She kept one of the Starbucks cups and is putting a K cup in there just so she could walk around with a Starbucks cup. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: I just love the cup for some reason. It keeps my coffee warm or warmer than the other cups that I have.
Speaker 1: Is that just a regular Starbucks cup?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: But also, don't make it seem like I'm just recycling a cup. I use the double cup method when I order from Starbucks and I keep the outside cup. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with reusing and recycling?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. This guy over here doesn't even reuse foil.
Speaker 1: So I mean guy who rapes the land of Japan?
Speaker 2: I mean true, true.
Speaker 1: That's what she did. You still you took from her? It's crazy. Take that rock back, Andrew. Speaking of travels, guys, we're getting to that time where I feel like our are off the grid stuff. We should be starting to book it soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm not really excited. I'm really excited. I think it's gonna be really fun. Josh is kind of waffling now, he's flaking little. It doesn't matter, because we know the three of us are still gonna have a really good time because we've already done it. I just want him to go because I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my nature trip to Mount Fouji, I was thinking of you guys the whole time and thinking how much fun we had in the woods and also the hikes that we did, and the Sequoia Park came up specifically. I was telling Diamond earlier because she was like, oh, that hike must have been terrible in Manpougie, I said, no, this Aquoia hike was. It was not like that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: When we had to walk up the hill at the very end, I just remember first she was scared of everything, and then we had to walk up the whole hill. At that point she was just like, what the fuck are we doing hiking?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, at that point I had seen enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was that was her point where she got mad at me.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But they asked, in retrospect, do you still regret it?
Speaker 3: Yes, what it was?
Speaker 2: It was beautiful, but I could have seen what I think we saw on the shorter trail we walked through what meadow grass? Oh my god, I thought to my knee.
Speaker 1: It was the prettiest medow I've ever seen. It was so nice. I was like, Oh, what meadow? When do we see that? We live in freaking Jersey City. We work in midtown Manhattan. There are no meadows around here. I look out the window sometimes I see Central Park and I'm like, look at all that grass. Go walk over there. Yeah, we're supposed to do that this summer too, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not in this heat. Man. I can't take the humidity in New York City. This is not just used to play in as kids. This is horrible.
Speaker 1: It's not summer is so so Andrew has a theory about summer. I will let him say his theory about summer.
Speaker 2: That it's overrating.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Summer is overrated. It's not a theory.
Speaker 4: It's a fact.
Speaker 3: You're hot. You got just you stick to the chairs when you do outdoor dining.
Speaker 4: But I just can't.
Speaker 3: It's just you're sweaty all the time. It's not fun. This is not a fun season. And we've we've we've been so mean to fall and spring and those two are like the best mid seasons. You get the best of both worlds. Spring, the summer and the winter. Ain done.
Speaker 2: I can do winter.
Speaker 1: Now I can't because you you where global warming is make at summer?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Mineh oh god. Now Andrew thinks that the only reason people love summer so much and they look forward to it so much, which I believe he's onto something here, is because when you were little, you made so many core memories in summer because you played with all your friends. You went outside and you I don't know if you guys did did you guys stay out and play? Did you guys play? Yeah, I don't know. I feel like people under the age of like twenty seven, well, everyone's older than that, they don't play outside. They don't always like to have played outside. But that was the best, just playing outside and fucking fireflies.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the best things.
Speaker 1: In the world. Like I was saying this earlier on the show, I saw some fireflies in the field over my vacation and it just made me so fucking happy because I was like, Oh, this is summer, playing outside with your friends and fireflies. Now everything's cooked, everybody's cooked.
Speaker 2: It's sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: I don't remember as a child, and I'm like trying to figure out if it's just me I don't think there were as many mosquitoes out as there are now. I mean every time I go outside, I get bit by a mosquito, and I'm allergic to them, of course. So yeah, I'm allergic to their saliva. It's called Skeeter syndrome.
Speaker 1: Okay, And oh my god, maybe you should get that when it it's something cool to look at.
Speaker 2: Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: So I got bit by something in Japan that looks like a giant spider. Anyway, continue, somebody saved me.
Speaker 2: I'm dealing with two people who think that it's okay to bring things back from foreign countries and buy things, I mean, bacteria and one sections things like that.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. We don't even know if that's really what happened. Yeah, this is a you guys scare me. Wait, so were there as many mosquitos? I don't know. We should look that up. There definitely were more fireflies lightning bugs what do you call them? Fireflies are like both lightning bue and com both two. There were more when we were little, because those have been dying off because of idiots and climate change and all that kind of stuff. So now when I see them, I get extra happy. Because I'm like, oh, they're still here and they're celebrating. Then you have the jerk like Elvis who said they used to write things on the wall with their asses. Yes, I was about to say that.
Speaker 2: I think I was a part of the problem because they clothes in the dark. So yeah, you would take it. I would take it and write it, write something on the concrete in my backyard.
Speaker 1: Andrew away from you.
Speaker 3: That's worse than any rock I've ever taken from a lady.
Speaker 2: Wait until you find out what I used to do to snail.
Speaker 1: What did you do? Were you that weird kid that tried to pour salt on that.
Speaker 2: I didn't try?
Speaker 1: I did bab Yeah it was bad and just watch him die?
Speaker 2: Uh pretty much ill.
Speaker 1: We were in the presence of a cereal cannot you know one of the biggest fights my boyfriend and I got into, which in retrospect I will admit only on the podcast I think I'm wrong because you cannot get mad at somebody for something that they did when they were a little kid that they would never do now as an adult. Right, Yet I did this. Motherfucker. Boys are so weird. He used to put frogs on basketballs like sit it on a basketball and bounce it into the high heavens. Andrew's laughing. I was like what. He's like, Yeah, man, we would just sit on there and then bounce the ball and they just go flying up in the arm, like where did they land? And he said, who's to say, No, Brandon, that is crazy. I think I would have laughed at that as a child, though I was I would not. I was always nice to animals. I was like, oh, I want to touch you for everything. But he said this in the presence of my other guy friend, and the two of them were just like chuckle hutting it up, and I was living, We're so mad. How could you laugh about that? He's like, I would never do it. Now when you think about the fucked up kids, when you think about the fucked up shit the kids do, I mean, it's just kind of funny. I'm like, another reason they will never be in my house.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's fun.
Speaker 1: I think you walk out life, you walk outside, Yeah, you see your kid with a frog and a basketball? What do you do?
Speaker 2: At first, I'd watch just to see like, what are you doing? And if I saw my kid do what Brandon did, I'd probably laughed for a second and say, hey, you can't do that again because.
Speaker 1: You're a monster.
Speaker 4: You get the bottle.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I just grab him by the ring of their T shirt. Get over here, one finger, loop it and pull them in and that way, if they have a favorite shirt, they'll never act up in that favorite shirt ever again because you yank it and they won't be able to wear get over here.
Speaker 1: Wow, wait to do that to a kid. Diamond's been plotting on since our last off the Grid shirt. That's when we found out that her secret desire is to discipline children. Absolutely like, just discipline that.
Speaker 2: Get over it, didn't I say to listen to me, I can't wait to say. So, you just want to embarrass your mother in public? Hum? Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. My parents were definitely not the uh so you want to embarrass me. They'd be like, oh, I'm gonna embarrass you back terrible.
Speaker 2: See now you get arrested. You know you just got to talk shit to kids, that's all they know. Get your little lass over here. My father used to say that to me all the time.
Speaker 3: I always know if my dad was mad because his lips would disappear and he's got some pretty thin lips. So if they like, we're gone gone, you'd be like, oh oh, like you would just look over and if you just were oh, no, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 1: Mine used to happen because my parents like, my name's Mad the Gandhi. But when they get mad, they add this base with like a little bit of an Indian accent that I'd be like, ah shit. They'd be like, made the Kandhi come here. I'm like, ah, did you hear it?
Speaker 4: You heard it?
Speaker 1: There was some bas in there. It was the worst, horrible. I know my dad can still do it well. Off again, this is the same one. I just snoozed it. So it's been nine minutes since last it went off. I think that's design that we need to wrap it up. Anyway, you were close, sort of sounded Japanese. One day, we're gonna have to have Andrew do all of his accents.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah, well we'll do that another time. He's obsessed with this meg the Stallion song that came out while we were gone.
Speaker 1: Oh he can we try to do it.
Speaker 3: The stark stark.
Speaker 2: And you don't you let it go that fast? You had it.
Speaker 3: I don't I never had it all right.
Speaker 1: We might have to make a video component and just try to do this dance because I saw it and I was like, oh, I'd like to learn that too.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's I was gonna say it's easy, but it took me a little bit longer than I thought it would, so it's not easy, but it's cool.
Speaker 1: At some point, I know this is never going to happen. But when we were in the Bahamas, Andrew and I went out with Alex and Elvis one night. It was just the four of us. Alex had tanked hilarious. He started doing accents. They were the worst things I've ever heard. It was like his Japanese was the same as his French. We were like, what are you saying? Yeah, oh, Wisconsin. I don't even know what that one was. We asked him to do a rooster.
Speaker 3: He was like.
Speaker 1: Everything was the worst thing you've ever heard of. So of course, like I keep geting it on. I'm like, okay, do like uh do Pakistani? And I was like no, no, everybody, just stop it.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 1: You guys are not doing this right now. We're gonna get in trouble. He was so mad, it was hilarious. But then you're like, the more mad he gets, the more we're.
Speaker 2: Like, keep going.
Speaker 1: That's horrible, But he said we're forbidden from ever getting Alex into the accents again. I think we can make this happen. It I have, I have a moment when I'm gonna strike. I'm right down, and you guys will probably be around for it. Okay, good, excited? Yeah, I want to see it, all right? How can they find you if they want to find you?
Speaker 2: At Diamond Sincere on Instagram.
Speaker 3: I'm at Andrew pug on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Oh and this idiot posted free footpicks of himself.
Speaker 3: I did not know this would cost such controversy. I did not know. I literally posted it thinking like, oh this is a fun picture. Look, and then everybody has since been like feet picks for free, like you're all nasty.
Speaker 2: Not me, No, you might as.
Speaker 1: Well just put your dick on the Jesus Andrew.
Speaker 3: With the way it's treated, I feel less responsive. It was.
Speaker 1: Go find his feet at Andrew Puggin. I'm at Baby Hot Sace and our next episode I'm really excited about. But I'm not gonna say who it is because we got to make sure she comes in I mean they come in and that's it.
Speaker 3: Do you know how to say go buying Japanese? No, that's uh, thank you? Yeah you say? And I really legitimately the first time I heard it was shocked. It's Sionadad. I always thought that that was I never knew that. So I guess that's a fun little fact for you for you all listening.
Speaker 2: Can I give a hint of who the guest is? Yeah, she say Levey, Sibyl, Sibyl. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: All this foreign language happening in here, it made me think of it. Can I just tell you something real quick about Sayonara? So I hung out with this guy, would never even say I was dating him, hung out with him for like days whenever. He ended up being a complete psychopath stalker. I was kicking him out of my apartment one day. Do you know what he said? By leave, I'm never coming back, I said, get out, he said, Syonara. Shut out to that guy. He's great, all right, say bye everybody, Bye,