Speaker 1: All right, thank you Scott Shannon, and thanks to all of you for being with us.
Speaker 2: Toll free.
Speaker 1: Our number is eight hundred nine point one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I ran into Jim Kerr and Carol Miller at the Rock Station, our sister station, and I'd never met Carol before. She's amazing. And Jim Kerr remember I used to fill in for Rush back in the day. I mean, he did a really good job. I mean, and he's a hardcore rocker guy, cool guy. And I grew up listening to these guys just like Scott Shannon and just you know, some of the legends in radio.
Speaker 2: And I felt like I.
Speaker 1: Was in a time warp. I had no idea they were in the same building. And then so Jim Kerr walks me around, you know, the studios where the music stations are, and Charlotte Mane the gods studios there. They actually have like a king's throne, two of them, you know, for I don't know, once for a guest of the co host.
Speaker 3: Of assuming you've ordered mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you do you want that? Listen?
Speaker 3: If I want to be the queen of the studio I need a proper chair.
Speaker 1: Well, he's broken a lot of news. I mean, if you can't, and he's good.
Speaker 3: He definitely, he's very even handed on a lot of issues. You would expect it not to be.
Speaker 1: I was doing well, and we wish everybody to do it, you know, unlike everybody. There's so many people in this in this business that are so stupid and so myopic and so dumb that they think their success is predicated on other people's failures. I've never believed that. I've always believed the rising tide lifts all boats, period, end of sentence. You do a good job, You're going to do great. By the way, I got to congratulate our buddy Dan Bongino in his second anniversary.
Speaker 2: Doing talk radio. I mean, he's remember he was with the Secret Service. Who's with the NYPD.
Speaker 1: He started out on Fox And by the way, there's all these rumors he got fired and did not get fired. They had a tract in pass and that's pretty common in this business. He also has a lot of other work and he didn't really want to work an extra day a week. He's got a family, which I can totally completely understand. And anyways, so it's his two year anniversary on radio. We congratulate him and wish him all the best because he's been a good friend of this program in the TV show for a long time and I'm sure will continue. All right, So we have a lot of news today, but all things simple. Man Bill O'Reilly, he'll join us today. Judge Janine Piro is on the program today. Cel heavy Foot Bryant will be with us. I call him heavy foot because every time he gets pulled over by the police, he asked the officer, you know, con of your license and registration. Please, I'll be glad to officer here it is, but I need to ask you, have you accepted the Lord Jesus into your heart as your personal Lord and savior? And he does this, and he really has a heavy foot. He's get pulled over all the time and never once does he ever get a ticket. I mean, I he's gonna have to explain that to Jesus when he gets to heaven one day. That's my I'm not sure Jesus wants us to invoke his name to get out of a speedy ticket. Well, why miss an opportunity to you know? Maybe I don't know, preach to somebody.
Speaker 2: I guess, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we have a the you know, a lot of people critical a Rond de Santas's method of announcing doing it on Twitter Tonight we'll have coverage of that. By the way, Senator Tim Scott is on Hannity tonight, He'll be on I think Ron is on one of the shows tonight, maybe Trey Gouty Show.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so we now have a primary race, and I know that this audience.
Speaker 1: We did a poll yesterday and because I wanted to get your feedback, your input, because we do this show for you, we had tens and tens and tens of thousands. There's a lot of response to our poll on HANNEDI and that is, do you want me to give equal time to each candidate, regardless of maybe what their poll numbers may say. Because you've got, okay, President Trump, he's now the front runner by a pretty large margin.
Speaker 2: You have Rond de Santis.
Speaker 1: Second, I'm sure in some of these states these polls will tighten as time goes on and there'll be a back and forth. Then of course you have vivek Ramaswami and Nicky Haley, You've got Tim Scott, will be on Hannity Tonight nine Eastern. I like Tim Scott a lot, and I know people are jumping to conclusions and they're saying, well, these people aren't really running to win. I'm like, I actually know people that run for president. There's not one of them that I've met that actually is not running to win. They think they are the person Nicky Haley is running. Chris Christie says he may get into the race, but I think Chris Christie would only get into the race to be the guy that's screaming I hate Donald Trump every five seconds, and he would view that as his sole role.
Speaker 2: Somebody might want to remind.
Speaker 1: Chris Christy, and honestly, I'm not even sure that I want him on the program because he's really not running for president. He's running to attack one person. If he really legitimately was seeking the presidency, I would take it seriously. I just don't think he's serious about running for president. I think he's out there trying to make a name for himself and just attack Donald Trump. Let me tell you one thing I can say now that this isn't everybody's focus right now. And by the way, we're going to do town halls with all the candidates. Next week, we have a town hall with President Trump that will be in Des Moines, Iowa. Details to follow, Okay, so stay with us. And I know that there are people that, oh, why are you having this candidate now? Why shouldn't I have him on them? So I asked you, my audience, my beloved audience, what you want, and ninety two percent of you want me to give equal time to all the candidates. Now, the reason this is even an issue is because if I take you back to twenty fifteen and twenty sixteen, well, we regularly did town halls with all the candidates, and you know, we travel around the country. And by the way, you know, it's a pretty heavy lift. We got to bring our radio staff, radio equipment, We got to get a studio to do the radio show out of.
Speaker 3: Now you've got to bring my chair.
Speaker 2: Now, we got to bring your queen's chair. There's a lot going on now.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe when Charlemagne the God is not in a studio, we'll just run up to their floor and we'll just grab their.
Speaker 3: I am very excited about this idea.
Speaker 2: You like, do you want me to steal Charlemagne the gods, I just share its share. It's a throne exactly. He said. It's like a king or queen show as.
Speaker 3: It should be.
Speaker 2: That cracked me up.
Speaker 1: Wonderful anyway, good for him and so anyway, so Ron de Santis will announce, He'll do it on Twitter. I don't think that's a bad idea at all. He's going to do interviews as well. I think that, you know, to be a little different out of the box. I think social media is just a force that you cannot ignore if you're in the political business. Most polls for him starting out have him down by as much as you know, thirty plus points, and he's got his work cut out for him. New York Times put out a piece DeSantis' strategy is to win overall those Trump voters, involving a full court press in early primary states. They are reporting that a key political group supporting DeSantis's presidential run is preparing one hundred million dollar voter outreach push so big that it plans to knock on every single door possible that in New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina five times in the kickoff of the Iowa caucuss. All right, well, he's apparently has a lot of money and a lot of big financial donors. You know, I'm really repulsed at how the reaction of these idiots on the view and elsewhere have been. You know, I find these comments. There are two groups that you can seem you have carte blanche to say anything you want without any brushback at all, without any talk of boycott's, without any talk of canceling, without any talk of firing. If you want to go after Christians, or you want to go after African American conservatives, you can pretty much say any ignorant thing you want. And Joila is out there insisting Tim Scott and Clarence Thomas that they don't understand racism like she does. Let me play it for you.
Speaker 4: Well, isn't he professor positive? Unlike Trump? Everything's bad, this doomsday. He's more in the Reagan Esque Morning in America things are fabulous. And he's also hedging his bets. He doesn't really go out and say he's not pro choice exactly, although he did say when he say that he would vote for anything they put on this table, the Republicans, So he is not pro choice. And he's one of these guys who you know, he's like Clarence Thomas.
Speaker 5: Black Republican who believes in pulling us out by your bootstraps rather than to me understanding the systemic racism that African Americans face in this country another minorities.
Speaker 4: He doesn't get it. Neither does Clarence Right, and that's why they're Republicans. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if we're to believe a liberal white woman in New York, joylus behar, she knows more than Tim Scott and Clarence Thomas that you know, if you know he's one of these guys like Clarence Thomas, a black Republican who believes in pulling himself up by your bootstraps? Is there any other way? Is there any other way? You know, unless you make the effort in life. I don't see any other way and anyway rather than to me understanding the systemic racism. So the white liberal in New York is going to lecture African Americans about racism in this country.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Imagine if a conservative made any kind of similar statement against a African American liberal. I mean, what do you think the reaction would be? Anyway? So, now the campaign is in full swing, it's going to get very very interesting, very very fast. Some reports have desantus his war chest that as high as two hundred million dollars available to him.
Speaker 2: Now that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Money does mean something in presidential campaigns, for sure. And you know, after months of speculation. Now, I did ask Donald Trump in my last interview. I said, okay, let me ask you about Ron de Santis. I said, you guys were friends. I thought I always thought they were friends. What happened? And then he went through a pretty long answer. I'll sum it up is that he wouldn't have been elected governor but for Donald Trump's support. And I think there may be some truth to that, because he's the one that chose to endorse DeSantis over Putnam, who I believe was the favorite at the time. And those races, Tim Scott's I'm sorry, Scott Rick Scott's race was tight, and Ron DeSantis his race for governor was tight. You know, those races were won by I think by ten and thirty ten thousand and thirty thousand votes respectively. And Trump went in hard with town halls in the end. And so from his point of view, oh okay, that's the thanks I get. I helped you get elected. And obviously Ron's response would be, well, with all due respect, I got elected and then I did a great job, and that's why I won by a million and a half votes in the last election. So if you're going to get both sides of that argument, it will be interesting. And by the way, for all of you out there, I think that I don't hear you that you're passionately pro Trump, that you're passionately pro dessandas that you're passionately pro Tim Scott.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing all of you.
Speaker 1: That's why I asked the question yesterday, you know, because our job is to serve you this audience, and what is the best way to serve you in the middle of a Republican primary. Now, if I had my way, they would be more focused on the damage that the wreckage that is Joe Biden's economy, the damage and wreckage that is America's position on the world stage. That would be the damage and the wreckage and the danger of a new axis of evil. But eventually, having done this for all these years, I can tell you it always ends the same way, and that is there's gonna be one there's gonna be two candidates left, and those two candidates they are going to be throwing hard, you know, Haymaker punches in the hopes that they can get a knockout. That's how this is done. And I'm going to say one other thing. The issues that will impact your decision. Two things will remain steady, and that's not in doubt. Elections are always about peace and prosperity, about national security, and about financial security. Joe Biden is not doing good on any of these issues. Any Republican will be better. But the other thing that I can assure you is that there's going to come a point where the top candidates are going to start killing each other. I guarantee you as morning becomes a day and as the sunset signals the beginning of the nighttime, it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: So buckle up. This is the process that we have.
Speaker 1: But the real decision is going to be in a little over five hundred and twenty some odd days on election day. And that's when you have the power to reject the failing policies of Joe Biden and put this country on a different course. Linda, how much do you want to bet everyone's going to forget the poll that we just gave this audience a choice to want to give equal time to candidates. Percent said yes absolutely on radio and TV. Okay, how much you At some point we're gonna get accused of giving one candidate more time than another candidate. And by the way, over time it becomes a parent that you know, some people just ain't gonna cut it.
Speaker 3: And well, first of all, your credit, I will tell you very honestly, nobody got uneven time until very very close to the end and people started to drop off. You were very even handed.
Speaker 1: I tried to be, and we went back and we actually timed out.
Speaker 3: I think you're talking about me. I actually asked the candidates not to make this.
Speaker 1: You know, at the end it was Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, and in the end they ended up having more time, but throughout the process that was not the case, you know. And uh, and then people started dropping out, and at that point the time obviously went to the people that remained. So you know, we're gonna do our job, and we'll do time. We have a lot of things planned. Our first town hall will be with President Trump next week. Details to follow. That's in Des Moines, Iowa. I'll let you know about that. And all right, so we have the battle over the debt ceiling. Wait, do you hear what AOC had to say? Because it makes no sense at all whatsoever. We'll get to that bill, O'Reilly will check in and judge. Janine Piro straight ahead.
Speaker 6: Sean Hannity, Always concern for our country, always honoring our servicemen and service women, and standing up for liberty every day.
Speaker 1: Hey, I've been telling you, by the way twenty five to the top of the hour. I've been telling you for months now about the importance of every school in the country having a Knox Entry access system that quickly gets law enforcement into lock campus doors during active shooting incidents. Now, tragically, US school shootings continue with devastating outcomes, eighteen occurring in the first three months this year. Loan and the Knox Company has been trusted by first responders now since nineteen seventy five, and their new advanced electronic ekey technology, a local, state, federal law enforcement now can access locked doors during any crisis situation and statistics illustrate the need the importance for all schools to install this invaluable resource. Now, a Knox Entry system can be installed and managed by the school or the district and parents and grandparents. It's really important that you ask your kids school if they have installed a Knox entry system. You can learn more about it by going to their website. It's school entry one word dot com, school entry dot com anyway, so it's pretty fascinating and it's twisted and it's distorted, which is interesting to me that now they want to blame Republicans for the fact that Joe Biden said from the beginning there'd be no negotiations on the dead ceiling. Now they want to blame Kevin McCarthy and the Republicans that you know, they met early in the year and then Joe Biden. Pretty much every day Kevin McCarthy was saying, we got to meet, we got to meet, We'd like to get a deal, let's talk, let's discuss, let's negotiate, no negotiation, over and over and over and over and over again. Okay, So speaking McCarthy, you know, constitutionally, the power of the persons with Congress.
Speaker 2: They did their job. They did pass a.
Speaker 1: Bill that raises the dead ceiling. It does have what over what two thirds of the country wants, which is fiscal responsibility measures. It will return government spending levels to twenty twenty two. Does that sound onerous to you, It's not, you know, cutting back because we have thirty one trillion dollars in debt. We can't even service the interest on the debt for crying out loud, So they passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling. Now the bill also will save, as scored by the Congressional Budget Office, four point eight trillion dollars, which I think is fiscally responsible. It also has measures in there to pull back from the draconian, you know, no domestic energy production Biden policies, and Democrats now they're upset. AOC is speaking out. Now listen to how dumb this is, because this is right up there at some of the dumbest things I've heard from anybody in Congress. The reason anyone's asking anyone on this stage about what we would vote for is because Kevin McCarthy needs our votes. He may not get if he makes concessions, he may not get every Republican and by the way, that might put him in a position where they can be you know, what do you call it a recall petition? Where they you know, literally have basically a no confidence vote he's been negotiating. He's been begging Biden in to negotiate. Biden said, no negotiations. They passed a great bill, and now there's eight days to go, and now all of a sudden they're freaking out. And by the way, it's an artificial deadline anyway. But here's aoc The reason.
Speaker 7: Why anyone is asking anyone on this stage about what we would vote for is because Kevin McCarthy needs our votes. Because Kevin McCarthy doesn't have the votes. Because Kevin McCarthy is going to the White House without a majority of his caucus, he does not have the what is necessary to negotiate. And for any question about what anybody would settle for, he has responsibility to concede. So if he wants any Democratic support, he has to come to the table. And we have seen him over and over again say that he will not negotiate. That they are engaged in hostage taking, not negotiation, extortion, not conversation, and that is not something we can establish. It is not something we can reinforce in this country.
Speaker 1: Okay, if that's a spokesperson with the Democratic Party, that they're not in a very good position.
Speaker 3: What just one minor point. She says that he does not have the majority of his caucus, and how did he pass the bill.
Speaker 2: It's a great point.
Speaker 1: He might be the dumbest person in goddress. I'm just saying, I don't know. There's a lot of them. That's a hard thing to say. I mean, maybe we can put that up on Hannity t I don't know, top ten. Yeah, here's what's happening. Even the Washington Post is acknowledging this. Democrats are They're pissed. They're really angry that Biden is blowing the dead ceiling fight. I'll tell you why he blew the fight because he unilaterally disarmed and he made a political calculation. He did not think McCarthy after watching all the votes for Speaker one after another after another, which ended up being a good thing in the end, and they didn't think he'd pass the bill with Republicans.
Speaker 2: They passed it.
Speaker 1: Now, Democrats are facing tough reelection campaigns next year. They're totally incensed and furious at Biden because they bungled their messaging. No well, no negotiation, no negotiation, no negotiation. Oh okay, we're having negotiations now with you know, twenty days to go. You know, it's ridiculous on their part. Little too little, too late. Kevin McCarthy, this is what he said.
Speaker 8: I don't see how you would blame Republicans, if there's any blame Republicans have, we're the only ones who acted. So as if the American public didn't want some if they get rewarded for not taking an action and ignoring a problem, the Democrats are going to that award every day. They did that with Title forty two on the border. They've done that with inflation. They'd glied to us and told us it was transitory. They did that with the debt ceiling. They told us we shouldn't talk.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: If you want to blame Republicans for solving problems, we'll take that light every day.
Speaker 2: And he's right, you know.
Speaker 1: And Democrats, then, you know, was pointed to the substandard messaging from the White House. No, their message was cleared, no negotiation, that's what their message was. And they said it again and again and again and again and again. And you know, now we're eight days away. And my understanding is McCarthy offered to stay and keep his caucus all throughout the Memorial Day weekend. Joe's not doing that. Joe needs his rest. He'll be on the beach in Delaware at no time. And his billion dollar green energy school buses apparently they keep breaking down. According to the Washington pre Beacon, Michigan's fourth largest school district is having significant performance issues with their expensive electron electric buses.
Speaker 2: Man, this state, they are so dumb.
Speaker 1: Every one of these problems we face economically with energies, national security, or borders, law and order, it's all because of their dumb policies. Now, House Republicans are threatening to eliminate funding for new three point five billion dollar FBI headquarters. I think they should not fund that until that deep state is cleaned out and the FBI no longer puts their cinder blocks on the scales of presidential elections. And in case you're interested, even CNNA has over sixty percent of Americans want spending cuts attached to any debt ceiling increase. It's that simple, you know. But Democrats, now it was laid out, well we're going to default. Well it's Biden's default, it's the Democratic Party's default. Where have you all been? The Republicans did their job and it's not draconian. It was very, very thought full reasonable. So you know, now we have Democrats saying that Biden must resist Republican debt sealing demands. Here's what he needs to do. There's nothing for him to do except sign on to the bill. Now McCarthy wants to give a concession here, a concession there.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but this is it.
Speaker 1: You have some of the Squad members you know, out there warning against leftist protesters taking to the streets if Joe Biden agrees that he cuts so the person that's giving into the radicals in his party as per usual as Joe Biden. You know, Biden is now insulting the attempt at the debt limit history. I mean you literally have During a press briefing yesterday, she Karine Jean Pierre says, the President's been trying to engage with Republicans for months now.
Speaker 2: No, no, he hasn't.
Speaker 1: Just you can't just make this stuff up because that's not what's been happening anyway. So I think the Republicans are in the best position. I'd hold the line and let if the if Joe Biden and the Democrats, if they wanted to fault on the debt for the first time in history. Let them default on the debt. That's going to be up to them anyway. Apparently the Fengfeang investigation is over. No actions are going to be taken on a shock there Democrats investigating investigating Democrats.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's one article. Uh.
Speaker 1: This has been a really crappy week for the Democrats. The Derm report, weapons weaponization of American government whistleblowers. Now we have the I R S whistleblowers on top of the FBI whistleblowers, the border crisis, the debt ceiling that they're losing. No, not a good not a good week for Democrats, the debt. The Biden White House now has poured eight billion dollars into Afghanistan. We now found out just I didn't find this out till today, after sending Afghanistan eight billion dollars since our withdrawal from Cobble. Now, according to Wincoln Tony Blincoln, there are still what one hundred and seventy Americans still trapped inside behind enemy lines in Afghanistan? Why are we giving them a penny? On top of all the military equipment, sophisticated military equipment that we left them it's unbelievable. One House Republican wants to find Adam Schiff sixteen million dollars for Russian hoax lies. A Congresswoman, Anna Paulina Luna, good for her. We have an assistant director for the FBI telling Congress yesterday that she just hasn't had time to read the Durham Report. Really, an assistant director, you don't have time to read the Durham Report to find out that what's happening inside of your FBI? You know, anyway, the IRS Commissioner is denying intervening. Now we have FBI whistle blowers and we have IRS whistleblowers, and guess what's happening retaliation for both? You know, we do in this country have something called whistleblower laws. I thought Democrats love whistleblowers. They don't really love whistleblowers. By the way, Zero Hedge has a very very scary article about the real recession that is coming, pointing out that we haven't really had a real one in forty years, so only those that who work in the workforce back then may experience how far and how fast things that we think are solid can unravel. Listen if this happens. Has all the top economists and financial advisors in the country predict it is not going to be pretty. It is going to be ugly. Linda, You're going to love this story. Target out. I'm going to be honest. You had to educate me yesterday on something, although I did guess right. So Target is now facing a huge backlash now. It's kind of understand especially after everything that happened with bud Light and Miller Light and Adidas. So I'm not sure why we find ourselves here because you know, if you look at Target, you know it's it's kind of Middle America. I love Target. I go to Target. I was the Target last weekend.
Speaker 2: How do you like that? Surprise? Surprise?
Speaker 1: Very strange anyway, So Target is now removing certain items from their stores and making other changes to their LGBTQ merchandise because they had women's bathing suits on men in photos and I guess in what those mannequins.
Speaker 3: And the mannequins in the store and the catalogs and their online digital everything.
Speaker 1: And then so I'm reading about it and it says and it has a special.
Speaker 2: Pocket for men, call tuck You're junk, a.
Speaker 1: Special that's what it is. They apparently to hide male genitalia.
Speaker 3: Well, I think male genitalia doesn't roll quite so easily. So I thought of a different thing this morning as we were discussing.
Speaker 2: Are you guessing or you No?
Speaker 3: No, this is me. This is a Linda ism.
Speaker 2: Okay, well talk you junk. That's what it's called.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm calling it.
Speaker 3: They can call it whatever they want. They're wrong. It's tucky junk.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: New York City public schools now swamp with non English speaking migrant students. What do you think that's going to do for the English speaking students? Does that help raise their score levels? No, that's not gonna help at all any place anywhere.
Speaker 2: Not going to work.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable times we're living in here anyway. The Target CEO says woke capitalism is great for their brand and the right thing for society.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: Reverend Franklin Graham has warning that woke banks and online retailers are starting to cancel Christian groups. I'm telling you there are two groups you can be prejudice against and say awful things about Christians and conservative African Americans. You could say anything you want, nothing's gonna change that. Biden's DHS failure to vet any illegal migrants ended with the murder of this twenty year old girl in Maryland. You hear about this, Linda, Yeah, we talked about that story. As to how sad is that twenty year old girl.
Speaker 3: Killed in her own home, in her own bed, while sleeping after working.
Speaker 1: There is one thing that gives me a little hope, not a lot, because I don't trust our military. Under Secretary of Austin, but they announced that a World War two style military build up to counter the threat from China. Bill Gertz writes in The Washington Times. I'm not sure I'm buying it, considering the spending money on hiring transgender people to recruit military members, and they got drag Queen's story hour on military basis, I'm not exactly sure that sounds like the meanest, toughest, badass killer military on the face of the earth, which in an evil world you need.
Speaker 3: Well, considering that the military is focused on pronouns and not teaching people how to fight when they're live are on the line.
Speaker 1: I think you know we have to work on your pronouns. I know your pronouns are off.
Speaker 3: I got your pronouns right here, don't you work?
Speaker 2: You got my pronouns? What is my pronoun Boss.
Speaker 9: Sean Hannity.
Speaker 1: A lot coming up next hour, All Things Simple Man, Bill O'Reilly will get his take on all the news of the day.
Speaker 9: UH.
Speaker 1: Later on next hour too, cl Bryant, Reverend Clbrian, we'll talk to him about Florida being designated by the NAACP as a Travel Advisory Zone or MSDNC as a possible terrorist state. Then Judge Janine Piro will check in with us today. Hannity Tonight audience showed nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel. I think we're sold out tonight, but tickets are free Hannity dot com.
Speaker 2: If you want to come to a future show. Signed up now. You can sign up for next week, next Wednesday, and Thursday. Quick Break. Right back. O'Reilly's next