Speaker 1: I am all in. That's you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast, one of them productions. I Heeart Radio, I Heeart Media, I heart Podcast. Pop Culture A Year in the Life, Episode one Winter pop Culture. I think I said pop culture twice by my intrip at Crewe, Amy, Sugarman, Susan and French Daniel Romer and Scott Patterson's here.
Speaker 2: Patterson, he's here. Luke from Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's here. I'm all on Twitter. I can't believe guy who played Luke. Yeah, I mean I have a bone to pick with him.
Speaker 3: Anyway, with us podcast.
Speaker 1: Is snarky, smarmy podcasting hell grouch. You know. I also heard from sources that he's a terrific guy and all he likes to do is laugh and cackle. So anyway, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: We have a backwards baseball cap.
Speaker 1: I sure do flannel flannel anyway, inside, Scoop says.
Speaker 2: Got first of all, high you're Scott Patterson. Did you know that get out of Town? The pop culture is way better? I know we talked about it the other day, but like it's it's back.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it is back. This pop culture is there's actually and I counted them because I'm anal sometimes, and there are thirty one items on the agenda for this pop culture for winter. So this is chock full, jam pot filled to the brim with pop culture glory.
Speaker 2: Danielle's back here, and for those wondering, take a listen, because we because daniel missed, she couldn't be here for when we talked about winter, so we're letting her do her own little diary so everybody can hear her opinion.
Speaker 3: I'm so honored, and it's going to be.
Speaker 2: I have so lit. It's gonna be lit as it can be lit.
Speaker 3: It's going to be fire.
Speaker 2: It's going to be I. Just like when you go home to your kid, you can say that's so jit because that means jit, but it's how the kids say it now.
Speaker 1: Jit. He's got all kinds of things now he's tennis because he's so hip. It's like there's so many cool things that he says.
Speaker 2: JUGI.
Speaker 3: Right now, guys, we really should move on.
Speaker 2: We're so juvee jugi.
Speaker 3: That means like lame. We're really lame right now. We're showing all of our gray hairs. Who I like it?
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's let's rock and roll. Who wants to start us off? Daniells is do.
Speaker 2: You think Scott Patterson? I think Scott Patterson, who plays Luke on Gilmore Girls. He should start.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me talk to him, all right, he said, he said he'd do it, all right. Rory runs up behind Laura upon arriving stars Hollow after a long flight. Laurlai, you should look drawn and blotchy. You should be singing. I dreamed a dream with a bad haircut. Was haircut while selling yourself to a bunch of French doc workers. But instead you look perfect. Admitted you've been gooped. Rory, I've not been gooped.
Speaker 2: Laura LEI.
Speaker 1: You're doing yoga in the aisles, wearing cashmere sweatpants while you're comfort dog watches Zuolander two on his watch. I dreamed it Dream is a song from the musical light Misserab. The music was adapted into a film in twenty twelve and sung by Anne Hathaway's character Fantine. Goop is a high end wellness and lifestyle brand founded in two thousand and eight by actress Gwyneth Paltrow.
Speaker 2: Now, everyone likes to give Gwyneth a bit of a hard time about Goop, but let me tell you, Goop is legit. There's a Goop store in where I live in La I go there all the time. Everyone is so nice in there. It's probably like a hint overpriced, but not horrible, not horrible. Also, I heard and Danielle maybe can weigh in on this, because I haven't eaten it yet, that Goop Kitchen is like amazing.
Speaker 3: It's great. I'm more of an airwon fan, but Goop Kitchen does the.
Speaker 1: Job too, so she's like the new Martha Stewart, I mean.
Speaker 2: Pretty much is like not even barely acting because she's so focused on Goop. And I have to say this reference is as good today as it was eight years ago, because Goop is like still totally crushing and she has her like Goop wellness like retreat thing where like you pay a fortune and you get to hear all the speakers. It's bougie, would you call it? It's yeah.
Speaker 3: I went to that once. I just haven't I need to go back. But that was that.
Speaker 2: Gift bag was insane.
Speaker 3: Oh that was that was a gift.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. Shout out to Goop at the Barwood country Mark. I love those people in there and they're like they're it's so fun to shop in there because you get to know the people that work there and it's like a family and their jewelry. Ouji but amazing. Oh and they just opened a group up here in Marin and there's Op in Santa Barbara.
Speaker 1: Are the are they a sponsoring? What deal? What's going on? Are you making side deals? What's happening?
Speaker 2: I'm not I say full fare, but I okay the spokesperson for Goop because I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, we wish you luck with that. I want to get back to the French revolution now, thanks for your products.
Speaker 2: Went to zooland I.
Speaker 4: Went to Target yesterday.
Speaker 1: Goop is I don't think? Is the twenty sixteen sequel to Zooland, directed and produced by and Still did you know? Usually the music for film musicals is pre recorded months before shooting starts, but for Le Mas a Rob all the singing was recorded live on set, which required a sound crew that was three times the normal size.
Speaker 2: Wow, Scott, could you give me your best blue steal?
Speaker 1: What's blue steel? What are you talking about? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You haven't seen Zoolander?
Speaker 1: No, I have not seen Zuelander.
Speaker 2: Like Derek Zulander's the model.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what it's about.
Speaker 2: And he gives his like blue Steel, which is his like pose.
Speaker 1: Could I don't? I don't do blue Steel? What do you mean my pose? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And do you like? All right doing your modeling and your photo shoots, you need to give the blue steal?
Speaker 1: But I I don't do that. I just I just exist. You know, there's no there's no need to push that hard. It's that's off putting, wouldn't And that's kind of the point of Zulander's characters. He's off putting. He's a total like he's a tool. He's a completely toool model. Yeah, all right? Who wants to step up for a number one.
Speaker 2: That involves Ben Affleck? Can I do this one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, go for it.
Speaker 2: Lauraa and Rory stroll through stars Hollow As Laurai gives Rory updates about town. There's a debate going on whether or not to take the phone booth out where would Superman change when he comes to save our town from Ben Affleck?
Speaker 3: Totally works, guys, totally.
Speaker 2: Batman Versus Superman is a twenty sixteen superhero film which is based on the dec comics and the characters, and it's starring Ben Affleck as Batman. Guys, he's not a bad Batman. He's no Michael Keaton, but he's not a bad Batman. Henry cavill is Superman. He's not my favorite Superman.
Speaker 1: Christopher, you know, I beg to differ. Sorry, uh yeah, I think the standard was you.
Speaker 2: Know, thing Ben Affleck was was about.
Speaker 1: Michael Keaton and Christian Bale.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I totally agree with you. It goes Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, maybe Robert Pattinson.
Speaker 1: No, No, the Robert Pattinson production was the best of the films. It was incredibly well done and he was great.
Speaker 2: I wasn't mad at Val Kilmer and people will cringe. I didn't mind George Clooney. Look Adam West, who doesn't remember Adams. I did not mind George Clooney. I love me some George Clooney. I'm so happy George Keane is like doing all that press for his new movie, because like, did you see Brad Pitt and George Clooney, just like dancing in Venice. I was like, excuse me, hello, but yeah, I remember when you wanted Brad Pitt to play you.
Speaker 1: He was an available that day, couldn't I will?
Speaker 2: I digress. Also, the Superman Christopher Reeve documentary is coming out and we all need to watch that anyway, Batman, Pardon me. Ben Affleck is often referred to as one of the worst actress to play Batman. I don't think so. Ben shut out, so much so that thousands of DC fans voted Ben Affleck as the worst Batman actor in a twenty twenty four poll by Ranker. Did you know? Ben Affleck has played three different superheroes, including Daredevil, Batman, and Superman in the two thousand and six film Hollywood Land. This makes him the first major actor to wear both Batman and Superman costumes on screen. Now, has anyone seen a phone booth lately? I really haven't.
Speaker 1: Phone booth? Where? What are you talking about? On this?
Speaker 2: No? Just this bit is about getting rid of the phone booths, and I don't think I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Was a phone booth in stars Hollow.
Speaker 2: That I don't even know if there was, But that was the joke in this there's a.
Speaker 1: London maybe Rory's talking about phone.
Speaker 2: Booths and they're talking about it in Stars Stars Hollow.
Speaker 1: Oh but anyway, I'm still back, you know, at the Goop store. I don't know what the heck's going on.
Speaker 2: He's working on his Blue Steel guys.
Speaker 1: Juzanne, Okay, I'll got you ready to rock and rock.
Speaker 4: I am ready. Rory gets the call and reaches for her phone in her purse while handing Laurlai her additional phones. Laura I says it's not ringing either. Rory says, I know. Laura I says, You've got more burners than Omar Little. Omar Little is a fictional character in the HBO series The Wire. Portrayed by Michael K. Williams. He is a notorious Baltimore stick up man who frequently robs street level drug dealers. Did you know? Many of the minor characters in The Wire are played by real life police officers, politicians, and former criminals. In fact, many of the former criminals who act on the show were previously arrested by the real life cops who act on the show.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Danielle, I really wanted the next one, but I say, I'll do this one.
Speaker 2: Oh, do tune a row. There's one hundred tune a row.
Speaker 3: Daniel Rory runs into Lane's at Dosie's Market and she tells Rory's that got promoted. Lane says, yeah, he's the Root supervisor. Now has to wear a tie. I'm so sorry, says Rory. Than Lane says it's fairly devastating. I tell him he looks like a young Leonard Cohen, but he actually just looks like his dad. Leonard Cohen started his career as a poet and later achieved unexpected success as a musician at the age of thirty three. He often wore suits and a tie and was known to be a sharp dressed man. Did you know in the nineties Leonard Cohen took a break from music to become a Buddhist monk. This period of reflection greatly influenced his later work.
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: What was Leonard's favorite song?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: I mean not favorite Hallelujah? Most Oh, yeah, Luliah. How do you say that most recognized nol Is it that song? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think of Shrek every time that song plays.
Speaker 2: Anybody else, No, but I think of every artist ever doing that song because they all do it.
Speaker 1: When when I hear that song, I think of Ben Afflex Batman. Rory starts to her boxes in her old room.
Speaker 3: Good just took the one I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Danielle, Danielle, in honor of you even being here, let's I'm granting this to you. This is yours.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Jury starts through her boxes in her old room as Lourli lays on her bed and Laura Lai says, so you finally did it? Huh, finally gave up the Brooklyn pad. Rory says, I did. Lena Dunham will just have to get along without me. Laura says, are you going to miss it? Rory says a little, and Laura says, I'm going to miss it. I had that early American tenement shuttle slash trans spotting vibe that every mother wants for her little girl.
Speaker 1: Train spotting, train spotting, Elen McGregor, train spotting.
Speaker 4: San she has to put up with us, which is I'm just trying to figure out what Lena Dunham has to do with Rory's apartment, like I'm I'm I don't know, I'm missing that.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you Lena Dunham was the creator, writer, and start of HBO series Girls. The series depicts four young women living in Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 2: There you go go, Girl is good?
Speaker 1: You ask and you shall receive?
Speaker 2: Girls? Was good, Danielle, Were you into girls?
Speaker 3: Not really?
Speaker 2: Why did you want this one then?
Speaker 3: Because she's friends with Taylor Swift?
Speaker 2: Or was Oh my gosh, that was wait falling out?
Speaker 3: I don't know. We haven't seen Lena with with Taylor at anytime, and not recently. And say with Carly close there's some there's some drums there, I know it.
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 2: But Girls was? You know? Look, if you want to bend girls like, it's good, do it. It's no bun heads, but it's good.
Speaker 3: And train Spotting is a nineteen ninety six film that follows a group of heroin addicts and an economically depressed era of Edinburgh. The apartment in Trainspotting is not nice at all.
Speaker 2: Scott, not to interrupt, I don't know why Trainspotting made me think of this, but congratulations about Oasis.
Speaker 1: My efforts have come to fruition. Really, I'm completely responsible for this.
Speaker 2: You literally have been pushing for this since I've not since I've known you, but since we started this show.
Speaker 1: Look, I took my talents pushing for the episodes to be to appear, and then I applied that to the Gallagher brothers mending fences.
Speaker 2: It was like crazy, It's kind of shocking, right like when.
Speaker 1: You start, I'm still waiting for my tickets.
Speaker 2: You started your mission. No, if they come to America, we will get you tickets. Oh yeah, oh yes, like we will make that happen for you.
Speaker 1: I think that would be very kind. If you thank.
Speaker 2: You, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Noel has not called, so.
Speaker 2: You wanted it and you got it, Like.
Speaker 1: Well, I think everybody wanted it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie. I totally didn't care at all. I'm much more pushing for an in Synct re United tour then Oasis. I really don't care about Oasis, but insane.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see Robbie Williams come back.
Speaker 2: And Bobby Williams is totally around what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I think he is around a touring, but I'd like to see him do a big tour like take that.
Speaker 2: What was this? No, that wasn't Daniel, What was Robbie Williams group?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, I want to see his solo act. I want to see him touring with.
Speaker 2: Kyler something like it was take I kept wanting to call it take that. What was it? The anyway?
Speaker 1: Finish Take five?
Speaker 2: Finish your McGregor.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Oasis fans for being so oa Oasis and creating this new round of shows. Great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for you, Scott and McGregor.
Speaker 1: Danielle, just go to.
Speaker 3: The next one. The next one's Coolerg, you can't skip you and McGregor.
Speaker 1: I'll do the Ewan McGregor part and you will not just respect you and McGregor in my presence. Did you know you and McGregor read books about crack and Heroin to prepare for his role as Mark Rented. He was taught how to cook up Heroin considered injecting himself with it to better understand the character. He eventually decided against it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really bad, really believe that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to bridge to sell you. No, he's a terrific actor. Dan.
Speaker 2: Would you like to do the price? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love the prices? Right, Laurel I guesses how many nights Rory spent in her Brooklyn apartment. She says, is this like the price is Right, where if I'm a little under I win over I lose.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: The Price is Right is an iconic game show where contestants compete by guessing the prices of merchandise to win cash and prizes. And of course we had that episode where Michelle goes on the show.
Speaker 2: Did you know that weird motor home?
Speaker 1: Can you do that? Can you do the theme song? I'm on down?
Speaker 2: Great Link was the best game ever. I doesn't require any skill, it's just luck.
Speaker 3: The whole nine of the games are luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 4: Since nineteen seventy two the show has given away more than three hundred million dollars in cash and prizes, including over eighty four hundred cars. And my aunt won a boat on that showing.
Speaker 1: Did you have to Did you have to pay the taxes? I know, I slammer with a bill.
Speaker 2: Probably Drew carry the host of it now, yes, yes, Drew Carrey.
Speaker 1: How many cars? How many cars did Oprah give away? Didn't she was or didn't give audience?
Speaker 2: Two hundred cars in total?
Speaker 1: Though, I mean, does it rival a couple.
Speaker 3: Of four hundred cars?
Speaker 1: Eighty four hundred cars?
Speaker 2: Daniel, I will give you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: How many cars have we given away?
Speaker 2: None? Daniel I will give you one hundred dollars. I will venmo a you right now if you can name who does? Come on down on the prices right now with Drew Carrey. Oh god, you can't tell. Scott Danielle has to do.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know who it is, which.
Speaker 2: I fully do you have ten seconds?
Speaker 1: Bobby short short shorty McNamara, I have.
Speaker 2: No idea nine eight, seven.
Speaker 1: Six, five four three to one. Who is it?
Speaker 2: George Gray?
Speaker 3: All right, that's when they have came up with that.
Speaker 2: And I know that because I knew him back in the day and he owned? Did he owned?
Speaker 1: Does he have a car we could give away? Because I want to give away?
Speaker 2: He has had an amphibic car? What's the world?
Speaker 1: It was a it can go in water? Yeah he has mm hmm yeah. Can I buying car? You know? I have an old Beater in a warehouse somewhere. We let's give that away if the price is right, if.
Speaker 2: You get those under over one dollar.
Speaker 3: The one dollar was a move. I love when people did that.
Speaker 2: Rory continues to sort through her boxes and can't seem to find her underwear, which was really weird. By the way, don't judge. I'm going freaking Stefani, Do you want to borrow some underwear? I didn't get this, so I didn't get this, but hopefully it'll explain. I'd like to stop talking about underwear. I'm looking for my lucky outfit. I think any outfit you wear without underwear is this line is very funny. I think any outfit you wear without underwear is gonna you're lucky out Then that's very funny.
Speaker 4: And it was a good look.
Speaker 2: It went pretty fast. I have this big meeting coming up with Conde and Ask, and I have this one particular look that always makes me feel like Diane Sawyer. Soit of Mike Nichols mask. I mean, I'm sorry, this is so funny and like it's so fast, all right, So I don't understand Gwen Stefani in the underwear. Gwen Stefani was the lead vocalist of the band No Doubt.
Speaker 1: She wore a lot of.
Speaker 2: Judge.
Speaker 3: She's a judge on the voice, so she's judging. So Rory said, don't judge.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to do with the underwear.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, thank you. In twenty fourteen, Gwen became a judge on the Boys, and we'll be returning for another season this year. Laura is telling Rory she is judging her by calling herself Gwen Stefani. Thank you experts who can name Gwen Stefani's husband, go Lake Shelton.
Speaker 3: Oh if she where's my one hundred dollars? Venmo for that one?
Speaker 2: Avin Rossdale was her ex husband. Good knowledge, Scott, good knowledge, Diane Sawyer.
Speaker 3: Gwen freaking Stefani. I saw her at Coachella with no doubt that was she.
Speaker 1: She's still great, She's still.
Speaker 3: Iconic, I mean iconic.
Speaker 2: I love her. I think she's the coolest, But I don't like that. I don't like that music. What you don't wait?
Speaker 1: When that's song came out, When that her debut song, just a Girl came out, it hit like a nuclear bomb.
Speaker 2: But not to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't speak was a nuclear bomb.
Speaker 2: That was all not good.
Speaker 1: That first song was really something.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry it greats on me friends anymore, let's get.
Speaker 1: Let's give away, and then.
Speaker 2: Somebody out there agrees it's no, it's not her, it's that I don't and I like Scott music.
Speaker 1: But I just know it's more the attitude.
Speaker 3: You call her Scott, I don't know Scott.
Speaker 1: Scott, Well, it's.
Speaker 2: No doubt, definitely has like ska undertones. Thank you Scott, for sure, no doubt. But if you were like, do you want to go to a no doubt concert? We have front row, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: I definitely go.
Speaker 3: I traveled to Coachella just for no doubt that I only went for two hours and it was no doubt.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she crushes.
Speaker 3: She jumps on stage and like, she totally crushes.
Speaker 1: She's she's a dynamic front person frontman.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with that, and I like her, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Like very rare quality.
Speaker 2: Somebody I love is Diane Sawyer. She has a broadcast journalist known for anchoring ABC World News Tonight and Good Morning America. But you know, Diane Sawyer's like one on one interviews are so good. I watched that like Jeremy Runner one like a million times. Oh and she did she did that Matthew Perry one. Remember.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't like the Brittany Spears one either. With those clips. Every surface is like kind of.
Speaker 2: Whoos that Lower? I thought matt Lower did that oh no, maybe it was Barliawa Screco and I even Barbara Walters taking it was Barbara, it was her Fretty car Mike was married to Diane Saur until was married to Diane Sawyer until his death in twenty fourteen. He was a film and theater director and is known for creating the nineteen sixty seven film The Graduates.
Speaker 1: Fantastic film.
Speaker 2: I know I've never seen it, Mike Amy.
Speaker 1: It's right up your ally. It takes place in northern California, well outside of I know.
Speaker 2: And you know what movie I haven't seen that. I'm going to watch Night Shift. I'm gonna hold Michael Keaton face right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you need to watch The Graduate Okay.
Speaker 2: Mike Nichols has an egot Emmy Grammy Oscar Tony.
Speaker 3: For the record, it was Diane Sawyer that interviewed Britney Spears.
Speaker 1: That was right.
Speaker 4: I want to do the next one I'll do. Should I do two in a row?
Speaker 1: Yes? You should do two in a row, because I.
Speaker 4: Really want to do the next one. Laurel I does not recognize Rory's boyfriend and freaks out. He's like a superhero, but his power is that you can't remember him no matter how much time you spend with him. Kind of like every Marvel movie ever. That was a good line. Marvel Cinematic Universe films are a series of superhero movies, including the Spider Man films, Captain America, Thor, Ironman, The Incredible Hulk, Avengers, and more. Laura I is referring to the many superheroes that are throughout the Marvel universe that you can't actually remember. Did you know? Spider Man was originally a rejected idea by Marvel's editor Martin Goodman. Luckily he was picked up, and stan Lee is credited for creating spider Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks Martin good instincts. Way to go with your gut anyway you go again?
Speaker 2: Okay, Marva, Batman, Gal and the Hulk. Scared the crap up me anyway.
Speaker 4: Paul brings Laura I a gift that she doesn't remember. Discussing, Paul says, it's that virus protection software I told you about. You want me to pop it on your computer? Where is it, Laura I says, living room? Paul says, all right, it's got the sadness stickers from inside out on it. Right inside out is a twenty fifteen Pixar film that follows the inner workings of the mind of Riley, a young girl who adapts to her family's relocation as five personified emotions administer her thoughts and actions, Sadness being one of them. Sadness is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Disney character, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Just this year, the sequel to Inside Out was released and tells the story of Riley's emotions as a teenager as they find themselves joined by twenty seven new emotions.
Speaker 1: M Lucas Troubled as DVR, Luke, the DVR is completely full. I have no idea of what any of these things are. Restless Virgins, Deadly Honeymoon Laurli Lifetime Movie Channel Classics, Luke, Killer Crush, Minnie's first time rebellious girl hooks up with an escort agency where a stepfather is a client. Ad Baldwin pri Yoga Lucs, Laura, you know it's so great Gilmore girls. I mean, it's like Amy and Dan just get the genius skewer. They just get to skewer these people. It's it's such clever ways that are like keep okay, accidental obsessing, Murder in college Town Keith Crimes of the Mind, Keep Fatal Acquittal, Not with My Daughter, Baby Sellers, Unfinished Betrayal, The Girl He Met Online, The Boy he met Online, Deadly Vows, Lying Eyes, Lies he told my nanny secret Less Restless Virgins is an actual twenty thirteen Lifetime Fills film that stars Vanessa Morano. Otherwise known as April. Minnie's First Time is a two thousand and six Lifetime film starring Alec baldwinin who in real life Melad married Hilaria, who was a yoga instructor and twenty six years younger than his own darn self the.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and We Love Hilario.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of they only have eight children together. The rest of the films listed are all real Lifetime movies. Did you Know? Alec and Hilaria recently announced a TLC the show about their life as a party of nine, entitled The bald Ones. The show is set to release in two thousand and twenty five.
Speaker 2: I shall tune in. Lorlai and Luke are getting ready for bed? What are you doing? Organizing my magazines by Carcian. The Kardashians are a multi billion dollar family who have branded themselves on reality TV and businesses. Chris Courtney, Kim, Chloe, Kendall, and Kylie are the Kardashians through different ventures. Several members of the family have over one billion dollars in assets.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 1: My wife keeps running into her.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's more than that, because Jim.
Speaker 2: Keeps running into Kim. I think as your kind of neighborly.
Speaker 1: We are, we're kind of neighbors with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're neighborly with like all the Kardashians.
Speaker 1: She's always calling me and say, we saw Kim Kardashian again at the restaurant. I said, okay, I said, don't don't stalk her, don't fall health not.
Speaker 2: That's funny. It's funny that like when you live in a certain neighborhood, Like I see the same Brentwood celebs Loan in, James Gordon, Handler, Sandler, totally. Uh, there's a handful, Harrison Ford, Calista.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, they're in Brentwan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see all the ones that live in your everybody's in Bret Michael Keaton shut out to the best Batman Beetle. I love when I see Michael Keaton. I see Michael Keaton so much. It's actually weird, Like I've seen him twenty some odd times, just like and if I think of him, I'll see him, especially when I'm driving by his house.
Speaker 1: Just kidding, all right, Amy take this one.
Speaker 2: Laura who I complains about her latest recurring dream. Five nights in a row, Five nights in a row, I'm looking for a bathroom, and then I find one. And it's like the Eastern Promises steam rooms scene, only the stuff on the walls ain't blood. I never saw this movie. Eastern Promises a two thousand and seven film starring Vigo Mortenson and Naomi Watts. The film features a graphically violent fight scene in a steam room. Never even heard of this, Maybe I've heard of it that, Vigo Mortisen. Vigo Mortensen says his performance was inspired by Vladimir Putin what he watched Russian TV daily to immerse himself in the language.
Speaker 4: Laura explains to Lord.
Speaker 2: To Rory, I don't know where Lord, Who's Lord?
Speaker 4: Her stresses about feeling her mortality lately. Laura I says, the other day a guest left a brochure in their room after they checked out. It was for Anthem of the Seas. So I'm flipping through looking at swimming pools and pictures of the buffet. Everything's planned and they have Wi Fi and Rock of Ages. Rock of Ages is a Broadway play that was turned into a two thousand twelve film directed by Adam Shankman. It stars Julianne Huff Diego, Bonetta Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zada Jones, and Paul Jamadi. I've seen it, did you know? While Tom Cruise admitted to being terrified at the prospect of being in a musical, he rehearsed for five hours every day to get his voice ready for his rock performances.
Speaker 1: This is a guy who jumps off of cliffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like this.
Speaker 1: It is terrifying. Singing is terrifying.
Speaker 2: This movie. Okay, but I know people who love this movie.
Speaker 1: Which Rock of Ages or Deloren?
Speaker 2: People love it. Julian kissed Tom Cruise. I think in this movie?
Speaker 1: Did she really?
Speaker 2: I think I went to the premiere for this movie, but then maybe I didn't.
Speaker 1: Wow, did she suddenly become overwhelmingly enthusiastic?
Speaker 2: It looks like Cruse is super He soups happy. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: He's real happy to He's.
Speaker 2: A really happy guy. So he's like, super happy, Daniel, I'm so jealous you're getting this one. I'm so jealous. I want you to do it, but I'm so jealous. Okay.
Speaker 3: Gypsy on the phone with Laura telling her the status of her car. Laurles says, no, wait, when can I get my car? And Gypsy says, I'm waiting for a part. It's coming in a DeLorean from nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 2: My camera. I got to turn my camera on for a second. It's not it's gonna glitch out. But you guys have to see what I'm wearing right now. A Delorian, you know, Oh, wearing the Future.
Speaker 1: T shirt looks nothing like a DeLorean, though.
Speaker 3: I feel like I want to win up you emy.
Speaker 2: It says at a time. Okay, do you have Back to the Future memorabilia? Daniel even better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Neighbor has a DeLorean. You're sitting in a DeLorean.
Speaker 1: You're sitting in Delarean.
Speaker 3: On Courthouse Square at Universal Studios.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're really really legit. Can you text me that? That is so legit? Back to the Future is probably my favorite movie of all time.
Speaker 1: It's a great film.
Speaker 2: It really is really yeah.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, I used to work at Universal, so I came across, Oh DeLorean or two in my heyday.
Speaker 1: That is so good.
Speaker 2: I burned down. I think the clock tower burned down.
Speaker 3: It did, and then they had to re they rebuilt it. Yeah, they rebuilt it, saying the clock tower and that clock tower is that is the clock tower in Brussel Mighty with Jim Carrey.
Speaker 2: Like the what abs back to Future?
Speaker 3: Okay, so Gypsy is referring to the film Back to the Future obviously, and it's time to and it's time travel machine. The DeLorean Gypsy is saying, you'll have to go back to nineteen eighty three to get the part that Loralai needs. Also to note, the first Back to the Future film was released in nineteen eighty five, and the model used in the film is actually in nineteen eighty one DNC twelve. Did you know? The film used three different cars for filming. The cars were referred to as the A Car, B Car, and C Car. The A car was the hero car and it remained completely assembled with all exterior and interior props for beauty shots and close ups. The B car was used for stunt driving scenes and only replicated the exterior of the A car while the inside was stock.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Confusing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the C car was used for interior shots almost.
Speaker 2: It is real confusing.
Speaker 3: That is really confusing.
Speaker 2: Mmm mm hmmm. Is the one that Scott should do. Scott, you need to do this?
Speaker 1: Why do you think I need to do this? Why do I have to do this?
Speaker 2: Rain days and mondays always get you down?
Speaker 1: Okay, Kirk picks Laurel eye up.
Speaker 2: And because we've only just begun, I.
Speaker 3: Was just about to do that started you beat me to it.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm like, thinking of Captain and t Neil songs.
Speaker 2: I can't even that's level keep us going, to keep us together?
Speaker 1: You know, he had to wear that sailor hat or that that sailor hat and everything.
Speaker 2: It's so brutal.
Speaker 1: They did the Captain and Taneil.
Speaker 2: They did many years ago, and I think the Captain died, but I think Tanil's alive. The Captain now I'm looking.
Speaker 1: At it, Neil and his new company. Ober Kirk. The radio was stolen, but I'm happy to sing any song you request, as long as it's by the Carpenter's Laurrela. How about something by the Carpenters. Kirk sings Top of the World by the Carpenters. The Carpenters was a legendary vocal and instrumental duo between siblings Karen and Richard Carpenter. Did you know they're originally from new Haven, Connecticut? Just like Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 2: You need to say something that the captain did die and the headline says with Tanil by his side. So can someone tell me if they did in fact it divorced.
Speaker 1: Well, it wouldn't. Maybe they remained friends and then she was there for him at the end.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I thought they didn't. But now I'm new Haven.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Hartford. I thought Gilmore Girls was Hartford, Connecticut, new Haven, Connecticut, well Yales and new Haven.
Speaker 2: I'm so curious that they ever got the course because maybe they didn't.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Let's just say they didn't.
Speaker 2: Know they did. Everybody file for divorce from Dragon in the state of Arizona in twenty fourteen after thirty nine years of marriage.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa wow, thirty nine years? Why did I just go the Why don't just keep going until you hit fifty? I mean, what's the point at thirty nine years finish, like just finishing.
Speaker 2: They remained close friends until his death in twenty nineteen, and she was at his side. Wow, Wow, why no, you need to do this one?
Speaker 1: You're like, maybe he left his underwear around? Who me, I should do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're the only one who will care about this one.
Speaker 1: You don't care about Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin and JFK. Jimmy that you do the you do well they were. Jerry Lewis was a genius, an absolute genius, one of the most talented people that ever. Hey lady, you don't remember you don't remember Jerry Lewis.
Speaker 2: Nou sure? I did not? Really. The thing I know about Jerry Lewis is the telethon.
Speaker 1: You didn't see him in the de Niro film, was Sandra Bernhardt? You didn't see Jerry Lewis in that film? The King of Comedy Scorsese film. You've got to see The King of Comedy. Lorlai waits for Rory to arrive before heading into the Gilmours for dinner. Lorly, because we're a team, we're going together. Do you think Dean Martin would go in without Jerry Lewis? By the way back in the day, well in the fifties, fifties, sixties, Martin and Lewis were the biggest thing in the United States. Were they were like the caprio level. They were massively popular. They were people were going crazy for them.
Speaker 2: They agree with you with that analysis.
Speaker 1: They were. I mean, just look at the stock footage. I mean they couldn't walk down the street. They were mobbed by everybody. And all right, so no, but Jerry Lewis would totally go in without Dean, which is true. Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis were a comedy duo called Martin Lewis. The duo ended up splitting up due to a vicious feud. Let me let me guess it was over money, all right? Did you know? Lewis was friends with several presidents. He claimed to a visit at JFK nineteen times in the Oval office. He also visited Jimmy Carter and was close friends with Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 2: Do you want to knowf little something interesting that you guys might know? The young the young people like teens in college age. You want to know who they're like? Total crush John Kennedy's grandson Jack. I can't think of the last name. What's what's Carolyn Kennedy's last married name? Schlossenburg, River, No, no, no, Danielle, help me out, Classenburg or whatever. Carolyn Kennedy. Come on, we're just talking about Kennedy. And it's like, Kennedy's always like my crush. My biggest crush of all time is John Kennedy Junior. I think the generation before me their crush was John Kennedy, and now the generation after us Jack Schlossberg.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Guys, this is like fascinating what I'm telling you, and you don't seem to really care.
Speaker 1: I have not heard of Jack Schlosberg.
Speaker 3: I'm me either.
Speaker 2: Have you been on social media, Danielle.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: He's like a huge influencer and he was all over the Democratic National Convention guys, and he's humming. He definitely looks like a male Kennedy. He's hunky and he kind of does like social media with his shirt off.
Speaker 1: I think that's shocking. That's shocking. Anybody do that.
Speaker 4: I got nothing, amy, sir.
Speaker 2: I think I think John Kennedy Junior is cute because that's my my one. But the young ones, my Nieces were like, do you know Jack slawson Berg or Schlosburg.
Speaker 3: Must be it he's one, okay, whatever he's.
Speaker 2: Like or the wrong age.
Speaker 3: I think you missed all I miss this is this is gen Z for the.
Speaker 2: Gen z Ers thing. Yeah you know, I know.
Speaker 1: Hey, Scott Patterson, we don't want you to miss a single thing in pop culture. So we're going to continue this later in the week with a part two. Everybody and don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.