Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up Up. They Magan noise Dada, start Up.
Speaker 2: Dat Up.
Speaker 3: Episode three fifty nine, it's the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. David Brody Scary Jones three fifty nine.
Speaker 2: You know what that means? What does that mean? Brody? We are one.
Speaker 4: Away from three sixty, which it's a complete turnaround for us.
Speaker 2: Hio.
Speaker 3: I thought you were you give me some numerology there, what what the significant gids of three five nine would be?
Speaker 2: But I don't get I got nothing for you. Yeah, I mean they're all odd numbers. No, what it is that there is? That? Wow? So much to get to.
Speaker 3: A lot's happened in the past week, and uh, you know the obviously the big headline is big headline. Go today night to our friend Carla Marie and Anthony's wedding Carlo Men Anthony formerly of The Big Show Rancho. And that was that famous all black everything wedding that we went to.
Speaker 4: Well it was for me. I was in all black everything. Scary Jones was not.
Speaker 3: And I pointed something out immediately when I saw him, and then the bride and groom when they were coming around, both.
Speaker 4: Pointed it out and I think that you put them up to it. No, I would never do something like that. That would be funny, but I would never do something like that. So scary world white shirt. Now, a lot of you may have seen our pictures on the on social media. Scary and I posted a picture of the two of us together. You can go to at David Brody and in the highlights section of my stories look under the Brooklyn Boys and you'll see the photo.
Speaker 2: By the way, on that picture, that's a pretty fucking.
Speaker 3: Awesome picture of the both of us. I think we both look pretty dapper, pretty handsome. I loved it. I fell in love with the picture right away. And it was I have to admit. Was it was taken on David Brodie's Android phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say because of the lighting in the room, we were in a dark spot and the light behind us. You can't make out my shirt vest combo as well as not as much definition. But as far as the physical appearance of us wearing black suits, we looked pretty good.
Speaker 3: Black on black on black. I wore the touch had I had the black like a waiter. No I but that's what most people look, That's what most guys look like when they wear a black they go to a black tie affair.
Speaker 2: It's you can't get around looking like a waiter.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you wear a tuxedo, that's a different story, because you have a different lapel. You might have a bow tie, you might have cuff links, you had a black suit, black tie, white shirt, you look like a waiter.
Speaker 2: The wall would looked and it was the way bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was acceptable for the party, right, that was acceptable.
Speaker 2: I was exceptional. You see the difference.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, anyway, why I thought I'm allowed to accessorize here were you wore a red tie pin? There was no red allowed, black or white and scary way typin with a red dot on it, and everybody noticed and everybody called it it was a tie clip, and it was it was only it was only red in the center.
Speaker 2: It was it was a it was a it was like a record, remember records.
Speaker 3: I was the guy, but the bullet was only in the small part where the whole was talking.
Speaker 2: About guys, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: We're only we're talking about the red color he speaks of is literally the size of a head of a thumbtack.
Speaker 2: The head of three hundred and three fifty. There was a lot of people.
Speaker 4: She had twenty two people in her wedding party, combined with Anthony's guy in an old wedding body. Nobody was wearing any color but black or white, and you show up with a red tide.
Speaker 3: We discussed this. They were okay. There were women there wearing red bottoms. They had the Christian shoes.
Speaker 2: Shoes. It is not smack dab in the middle of their chest. You broke the rule.
Speaker 3: I saw some women were accessorizing with we We we went, we went deep on this topic. We talked about the insignia of a pocketbook and and Carlinrie even told us that that was fine.
Speaker 2: You can not. Anthony called it out right away. When what are you doing?
Speaker 3: When rat so women? Women wore gold jewelry? What's the matter with that? That's color?
Speaker 2: What they were gold?
Speaker 3: What gold jewelry? No jewelry jewelry. Well you put the Jeweish jewelry, that's right, but it's not jeweler. Ree, jeweler is the guy who sells it.
Speaker 2: Jewel is.
Speaker 3: This is what it's made of. Jewels, jewelry, jewelry anyway, anyway, jewelry you.
Speaker 4: Broke the law. Anyway, that's not the worst of what Scary did. So can we get down to it. Let's talk. So Scary had one job. I said, look, there's a lot of people that are haven't seen in two years, so I haven't seen in three years. So as much as I I you know their family, you know, there might be like a lack of you know, what to talk about. I said, do me a favoue, Scary, just you as an icebreaker. Just make sure you sit next to me, save me a seat because we're at the same table. And this way I can always turn to you if I forget somebody's name. Not the people I work with, but like peripheral people. And there were a couple of people who I remember, I remember their names. I haven't seen him in three years. Not the people in the morning, other people who work in the ray station. So Scary at one job. So we we uh, we go. I you know, everybody's there.
Speaker 3: I see everybody from the show, Elvis and Josh and and and Sam and all everybody. We go in and you know there's the the pre was a happy hour what do you call it? The and Scary and Robin are great we ming a little bit. Then we go in for the ceremony and Scary and Robin and I Robin's girlfriend Rob, Scary's girlfriend, Robin, the three of us go in together, and Scary says.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, what side of was supposed to sit on the bride of the groom. Now we're friends of both, so it really doesn't matter. So Scary like, oh, we'll just sit on the on the on the bride side, which I thought was, you know, okay, So he goes into like, let's say row eight, Okay, not far back, but not too close. He goes into row eight and it's a row of five chairs and he walks in and then Robin next to him, and then me, which is fine. I don't mind sitting next to Robin. So then Scary says, oh, this is a row for five. It's going to be awkward. There's gonna be two people. And Scary realizes now he's all the way in the row. He's five away from the aisle with a wedding car. I want to be on the aisle. So Scary says, the row ahead of us, row seven, there's three seats together on the end.
Speaker 2: Let's sit there.
Speaker 4: Now, picture this I'm the first, the last one in row eight, So I back out of row eight and now I'm the putts that has to go into row seven first, and then Robin and then Skar. So Scary gets the aisle seat that I would have had, and we switched Rose. But I don't want to be a dick, because you know what Scary's taking care of. There were three of us. There were three of us, and they were three seats. It was come on, man, let let you be up.
Speaker 3: Come on, if the petty you deliberately backed out of row eight, So I would go all right.
Speaker 2: But you know what happened next was not my fault.
Speaker 4: So Scary sits on the aisle and they say, no cameras, you can't film the video.
Speaker 3: Right when I didn't take Gary's leg was shaking. His leg was shaking. He's like, oh, this would have made a good shot. Hits, hits, everything. So okay.
Speaker 2: So after the ceremony, we mingle.
Speaker 3: Again, we got cocktail hour was again there okay, and we walk into the big room.
Speaker 4: We checked out. We're all sitting at table seven. Fantastic. Scary walks in, Robin walks in. I walk in and I get separated a little bit, a couple of people that walk.
Speaker 2: In between us. No problem was the problem.
Speaker 4: Gary sits down. Scary sits down at the table between people that are already sitting there to make sure he gets the dead center seat facing the dance floor. And I get to the table. Now Scary and Robin are surrounded on both sides, and I look at scarygo You had one fucking job, saved me a seat, and he did not save me.
Speaker 3: So the issue is, first of all, we Sheldon and Danielle were with us on one side, and then.
Speaker 2: Danielle's husband, Sheldon.
Speaker 3: For those who don't know, yes, we had Scottie Beatona, who was sitting to my left. I forgot whatever. There were people Gary Ally, yeah, garyon Nally. Ali and Robin are like besties. They love each other, so obviously Robin wants to sit next to Ali and then Garrett and to the But Sheldon was sitting next to me with Danielle on his her other side. Listen, you were in good company, Brody, you were fine. You sat next to Danielle. This was and I sat next to Lauren. Put from the morning from but fast forward to you had a job.
Speaker 4: You had a job to save me a seat, But you chose the center seat to face the stage in the dance And here's why, more than saying every wedding that I ever go to, I'm the schmuck who's always facing away from the dance floor. And then whenever it's time to pay attention to what's going on, and there's a lot going on, I always have to like like like put again a.
Speaker 3: Criok in my neck like ah, or turn my chair around like I fucking hate it.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of being that guy.
Speaker 3: I want if I get there in good enough time, I want the dead front and center seat facing the dance floor so I don't have to move my chair.
Speaker 2: But I remember it.
Speaker 4: Okay, sober last week when I gave scared of the choice and I said, would you rather have everyone you know no longer be known to you, but you'd be pampered and get whatever you want? And he said, I would rather be pampered. I don't care about friends and family. Fuck them, that's what he did. He said, Fuck Brody, I would have a dead center facing the stage. I don't care about anything else. And I'm gonna said, you saved me a seat.
Speaker 3: That being said, you didn't Carl Maar looked beautiful, Anthony looked awesome. I mean, you want to talk about Barbie and Ken. They are the ultimate like couple, you know they.
Speaker 2: They Yeah, it was a good looking couple.
Speaker 3: They are a sexy couple and a fun Yeah, and they you know. Later in the night, they made sure that everyone was taking care of musically. They had their Emo hour for their you know, their friends to get their fixed. They had the freestyle thing going. They even did a DJ's in belmar fist pumping set. They knew all.
Speaker 4: Oh they had sense uh, smoke machines and smoke guns and with fire fireworks pyro pyro pirate. Do take exception of you referring to Carl Maria sexy. I feel like she's like a daughter, Toss, and I don't feel like a daughter.
Speaker 2: She's not. She's not much.
Speaker 3: She's not far an age from us, scary from me. She's young enough to be No, she's not.
Speaker 2: No, she's not. She is she's not you are you are nineteen years older than her. No, I'm not. I'm ten years older than her. Oh no, you're not. Do the math.
Speaker 3: She's not, dude, she's not forty one. What are you talking about? She's like, she's just around forty thirty three. No she's not, dude, No she's not.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 3: She was a college intern in two thousand and nine. That's sixteen years ago. Anthony, Anthony's close to forty. Anthony's like thirty seven. But Calin Marie's thirty three years old or maybe thirty four, but I think it's thirty three.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. She's old enough, she's she's young enough to be your daughter. Man, No she's not. No, she's not.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, No one in your thirties is young enough to be Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: People the country? I'm not going to name any states. Okay, so people have kids when they're.
Speaker 3: Young, I know, but no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, you're not getting away with that one.
Speaker 2: Carla, mari and Anthony are not young.
Speaker 3: Enough or old enough whatever you want to say, to be my son daughtery No way is young enough to be your daughter.
Speaker 2: No, she's not, she's not. You know how many nineteen nineteen year old guys have to know we're talking about that.
Speaker 3: That would be fifteen Your math is off your hey, Brody your math.
Speaker 2: Your math ain't method on this one, Garry, she's she's she was sixty, she's thirty four at most.
Speaker 3: Uh No, hold on, I'm gonna ask chat ChiPT because you're gonna ad how is chat people to public figure?
Speaker 2: What's up? Anything on your mind you want to dive into? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How old is TV and radio personality? Carla Marie Monica?
Speaker 2: What's a new version? Chat ChiPT already told me how old?
Speaker 3: So Carla Marie Monico was born in March nineteen eighty eight, which makes her about thirty seven years old right now. And yep, she's known from her radio hosting days and her podcasting was Anthony.
Speaker 2: So there's your quick answer.
Speaker 3: Thank you thirty seven? Did okay? That's a mic drop moment for me. Yes, yes, yeah, So okay, Brody, I was not gonna let you. I was not gonna let you win this one. And Anthony is like close to forty.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: For the record, there are still people that have kids at fourteen. I'm not saying I would do it because I did. Okay, Brody. Sorry the way, My point is they look tremendous. And listen, if you see any of the photos that Carlo Marie posts online under the caller Marie Anthony at worst Anthony.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: The pictures were all done by intern Phil Siciliano, who used to call Psycho Phil morning show intern, who's now done five weddings for the Morning Show. Right awesome, So he did well as an internship. He's tremendous. You had for ten, ten intern.
Speaker 2: Ten interns in the room.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, I gotta say, though, I gotta say I was a little jealous because at dinner time, I ordered the prime rib, as did a lot of people at the table, and I asked for it medium rare or what they called medium. They were like yeah, They're like yeah, They're like yeah, it's pink, pink in the center. I'm like, great, awesome. It shows up and it's like tough as leather, well done, whoa, whoa, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah right, Well mine was rare. It was great. Yours was great. Mine was not.
Speaker 3: I brought it back to the kitchen, I said, hey, can you help me out here? I wanted this medium rare?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, the same exact piece of meat shows up on my plate. I don't know if there was a miscommunication, but dude, what kind of person complains about the food of the wedding. I wouldn't even do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you know what I ordered?
Speaker 4: So the prime rib came with uh, mashed potatoes and vegetables, and I asked the waiter if I could police have double massial vegetables, and he said, and I quote, the chef gets very annoyed. Doesn't like making substitutions. So I said, okay, I get the chef doesn't. Dude, somebody's plating the food. Somebody's going meat mass potato vegetable, meat mashado vegetable.
Speaker 2: The chef isn't doing it well.
Speaker 3: They also don't want to deviate from that because then it takes them out of rhythm. It's like an assembly line. So I could totally understand. They don't want to know. They don't want it to fuck anything up like that. Yeah, they don't. They don't want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was a carrot on my plate, and I like carrots, so I'm like, oh, the vegetables have a carrot in them, an orange orange carrot. So I oh, I stuck my forking it and I popped it in my mouth and it went squish.
Speaker 2: It was an orange pepper.
Speaker 4: It was just weird, like if you have that feeling it expected, like a hard crunch carrot.
Speaker 2: It was very weird. Anyway, the food was good.
Speaker 3: I dealt with it. It was fine. The food was amazing. Otherwise, beautiful, beautiful choice in catering home.
Speaker 2: My god, everything was great.
Speaker 4: By the way, I would like to say to my little Carlo Marie, who's no longer she's thirty seven, but she's always been my little call Marie. As you know, I hired her as an intern. I made sure that she was hired as a phone producer, and she became part of the show, and I helped her get on the air and create a segment, you know, when Carolina left, and I've always like, I've tried to help her career, but that's because she's awesome and she's unbelievably talented. I really didn't do much. I just kind of helped her guide it her along. But I hired her initially, and that's, you know, put her on her way, like many of the interns to come up and thank me where they are in life and whatever. But during the speech that Carla Marie gave towards the end of the night, when She thanked everyone and her family and her friends and the morning show. She made it a point to thank David Brody. But without home, she wouldn't be here today, have her career or no Anthony, and everybody got I got a nice little applause, So thank.
Speaker 2: You, Carlo Marie.
Speaker 3: That was real. That was classy of her. She didn't have to do that. She didn't have to do that on her, you know, but she did right.
Speaker 2: I was very classy. Yeah, I appreciate you know.
Speaker 3: You know what I also noticed and now you could just never ever ever complain again from when I don't call you to come out for Saturday Night Live after.
Speaker 2: Parties, David Brody.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this that you, David Brody, mark my words here and let the record show that David Brody was begging to leave because he's like, I have to go, I gotta go, and I stayed. I outlasted you at the party. And I'm thinking, as you as you walked away, how if he's like going home now here at eleven fifteen, how the fuck is this guy gonna get out of bed and come out to an SNL after party at.
Speaker 2: Two in the morning. Thank you, you won't.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So here's here's the factual information slice.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: We were at a table of twelve at the time. Scary still had to get all the food for me that the slices have given us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a trend. Answer was supposed to happen.
Speaker 4: Right, So I parked in the non valet parking lot. I put there's a parking lot right by the entrance. I parked there, Scar Boogie, Scary had a valet park. So when it came time to like.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, well, my girlfriend was in the heels. Hold on, my girlfriend was in heels. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna go to the South Park and make her walk. No, I'm not gonna drop her off. We are a couple. We enter together. No, no, no, fuck you, Brody, You're not gonna get me.
Speaker 2: On this one. A valet for that reason and that losion alone.
Speaker 4: So out of the twelve people at our table, nine of them had left already. It was just me, Scary and Robin. And at this point it was like two songs left in the night. And I said, hey, Scary, before everyone leaves the same time, why don't we leave now right, you can get your car before the rush happens, and I'll get the stuff.
Speaker 2: Out of your car. Uh No, I'm good, Brody. I'm gonna stay.
Speaker 3: Because Robin wanted to stay. Robin was like, Robin looked at me. This is what you didn't see. She's like, she's I don't want to leave it.
Speaker 2: I said, all right, fine, So I said to Scary, here's an idea. Just go out.
Speaker 4: There's no line. Get your car from Valet parking, drive over to over. I'm parked park next to me. Give me my shit. You can come back in. No, I'm not gonna leave my girlfriend alone. Once again. I'm with my girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Okay, you came alone, So there's different rules in effect here.
Speaker 2: This is different.
Speaker 3: You are not gonna paint me to be the bad guy in this conversation.
Speaker 2: Although I was with my girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have mentioned it except you painted me as the sleepy guy. You didn't go home because I was tired. I wanted to go home because it was time to go. It was done. They were already doing the last round of songs, and I was like, hey, we gonna need at least fifteen minutes to unload your car.
Speaker 2: Let's go now. So that's why I didn't get my stuff.
Speaker 3: You did not like I could have waited, but instead Brody went ahead, and then we never made the transfer of the goods of the.
Speaker 2: Shit, the free shit for us.
Speaker 3: I missed, I missed a song and a half. That's not leaving early. And I outlasted nine other people at the table. So on you. And you know what, if it was a Saturday night live party and I wouldn't have worried about getting stuff out of my car at Chips and Stuff, I would have been there hanging out with Colin Jos and Michael j all Right, it's not the same thing. Yeah, well, I got I got one bone to pick when we come back from commercial because I'm pissed off at a lot of people at that wedding that I don't know.
Speaker 2: Please spill the tea and Brody.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's the deal. Cocktail hour, we walk in, I'm mingling. I'm like, oh, let me survey the feud the food.
Speaker 3: Let me see all this Asian food over here, this seafood over here, this Italian stuff over here. There's a party over here, a party over the party over there. You can get with this, you can give that, Okay, So I get my plate. And by the way, all catering halls, not just this one, the plates are too small. I'm sorry. I'm with you now. I'm like, hey, you know what.
Speaker 2: Like the saucer from the cup and saucer.
Speaker 3: That's so you know what, because it's embarrassing because then people's stuff is hanging over the plate. You know what if that is just is that a ploy for them to basically make you take less and this way that they spend less on food.
Speaker 4: I get that people waste food. They take three things to eat a bite and they put it back. I get that. I'm just saying as a consumer, the little plate thing is annoying.
Speaker 2: It is annoying.
Speaker 3: They needed fucking nine inch plates. Come on, that was that was a five inch plate? Bro that was a five inch plate. No way, that sucked. I hate that.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: The catering hall I used to work at they did the same thing, the small ass plates. Come on, there's so much food in the room, you're gonna.
Speaker 4: I got married, we had we had medium sized plates. I would not tolerate the small plates anyway. The food was good. I'm not blaming anybody just that's it's a plate thing.
Speaker 2: And all the place was awesome. Okay, yeah, the place is Oh my god, it was so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So I get my plate and I'm on my own scaries with Robin. I got my like you know, I got my my, I got my die coke, no ice at the bar.
Speaker 2: I got my plate. Now I'm looking for a place to sit. Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Is this uh yeah, this is taken. Excuse me, this is taken. Excuse me, it's taken. Yeah, but this five seat they're all taken.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So then I go to the back corner where the where the eggplant palm wash and the macaroni and cheese that had lobster in it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so good. And there's like six tables and chairs. Nobody's sitting there.
Speaker 2: But do you know why I couldn't sit down?
Speaker 4: Scary because every woman over forty had a shawl and threw the shawls on the chair or their handbags on the chair, and they claimed the whole wing of the the whole road wall wing over there, four tables, like twenty chairs whatever it was shawls.
Speaker 2: That's why you need shawl.
Speaker 3: And then they go get food no, no, you get food, you go find a seat. You know, it's like being at the beach. They threw their towels down on the on the chaise line. You throw your sunglasses or a baseball hat or your or your whatever on the lounge chair.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this. You know you gotta do that.
Speaker 3: Now I gotta run in throw my jacket from my suit on a chair. Now you know what you need to do, David Brody, you need to adopt the scary style, scary style cocktail hour, and that is, do not get a drink. You go and you hold your you hold your plate and your knife and your fork. And now you could stand and eat anywhere and you keep anything on your plate, with the exception of the baked clams where you have to scrape the clam out of the out of the shell. I had that baked clam at my teeth and I tooth kick. Oh you you're a savage. That you're savage with your hands.
Speaker 2: Scary, scary.
Speaker 3: I beavered that clam. You did not beaver with a clam, and I clammed the beaver. That's fucking gross. Man.
Speaker 2: At a wedding went down, you're supposed to be dainty.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to hold hold the shell with your your your thumb and your and your pointer, and then and then with a fork you scrape out the the reganata from the clams reganata.
Speaker 2: And then you eat the uh and then you eat the clam. Scary.
Speaker 4: Did you have any oysters? Did you do that with a fork or did you slurp them down?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't eat raw oysters or clams. I'm out.
Speaker 3: But but my point is if she said, is the one food that you cannot really eat standing up like that? Because oh no, because you need you need to cup the clam with that. You need to fork in one hand and clam in the other. Anyway, everything else brody. If you didn't, if you didn't get a drink, you could actually drink.
Speaker 2: Fuck me, hold drink. Of course, the drink fucks you. You know what?
Speaker 3: Plus what do you do? You eat and then you drink because you're you're you're thirsty.
Speaker 4: After I get you hick foods, I get the hiccups if I eat and don't drink. Here's what I did, though, I put the glass. I asked for a wine glass so I could put the stem between my fingers with my left hand so the rest of my fingers could hold the plate and I was able to use my right hand while keeping the plate against my chest for balance. Yeah, I was able to eat because I couldn't find a place to sit because of the shawl people.
Speaker 2: Another on one.
Speaker 3: Other thing about the the the way that we the way the cocktail hour works, and I think to get maximum time to eat? Is you while you're you know, you're standing online for one thing, you have other things in your plate. You could like a nibble on a piece of cheese, you could hit that a lot of finger you could eat while you're standing in line for the The rest.
Speaker 4: Of the bucks chicken orange chicken was little nuggets on a better rice.
Speaker 3: Do we?
Speaker 2: Is that a problem though?
Speaker 3: Should you not be forking food as you're waiting in line for more food?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no problem.
Speaker 4: When I got the steak sliced, it was a small piece of steak, so I just wolfed that down while I was waiting on the next thing.
Speaker 2: That's a problem or not? Is it not a problem? I don't know you, is it?
Speaker 3: Someone said? Some would say it's bad etiquette. They're saying, no, no, you should not touch your plate until you finished Jersey in Jersey, it's fine. So so it was okay that had I had some eggplant palm in my plate, and I had and I was literally forking it and putting it in my mouth as I'm waiting online for the flank steak. That's totally respect respect about that. Yeah, I would have done it. I would put that that was chicken parm It would have been in my pockets because you got palm pockets. I gotta pocket that ship par buckets. Yeah, all right, let's change the topic. I think I have a problem when it comes to Uber Eats and door Dash and all that stuff. I'm definitely over ordering because every time I order a meal, like for sushi, they give me like four pairs of chopsticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, WHOA hold on a second, I'm one man, I'm one man. Why can't I have an appetizer and two sushi rolls? And but it makes me feel like a pig? That and that Am I overordering? I don't know, but there's they're pretty much judging me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's terrible. So similar thing used to happen to me. Do you remember when I used to go down to Washington, DC and work on Elliott's show a long time ago. One week a month, I would go down to Washington. So when the Morning Show started to recap it was Elvis and Elliott, and Elliott went to Washington to do his own show and asked if I would help him out one week a month for like three years. So because I went, it was a business trip. I could expense any of my food parm pockets. Well no, yeah, So on occasion I would go out to a restaurant, but you know, I was alone down there, if the guys on the Morning show were out or whatever. So sometimes, like especially on the nights, I would take the train down there, like Sunday night, I would order in Chinese food, and because I wasn't paying for it, I might order me a little bit extra, like maybe an extra appetizer, right, huh.
Speaker 2: You took full advantage, and you know it.
Speaker 3: You knew it was an expense account. It was on the arm and you're like, fuck it, I'm gonna order three meals and I'm going to take two of them back to the.
Speaker 2: Hotel with me right now. Would order them. I would order them to the hotel room is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Right, but you put them in the fridge and then you'd be like and you'd bring them back on the train up.
Speaker 2: North when you came.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I didn't do I didn't do that. But I remember one time they brought me. They brought me, They brought me six plates with my Chinese food. Right, And then one time I.
Speaker 3: Ordered food I got I got five plates and a free two lead a bottle of soda. So I knew I had ordered too much figging food. So the fact that you got four pairs of chopsticks four is.
Speaker 2: All you need to know. You ordered and you were paying for it. Hold hold on a second, I.
Speaker 3: Wanted I ordered two rolls, So then maybe they assumed, Okay, one roll is for one person, one rolls for another person, so that's two pairs.
Speaker 2: But two rolls is pretty fun. That's fine to eat two rolls.
Speaker 3: That's pretty customary at sixteen pieces, so what a lot?
Speaker 2: That's not a lot. And then and then I gotta have my dumplings. Oh right, you gotta have your dumplings. Did they gave me?
Speaker 3: They gave me a third pair for that, and then other and the beef bull Gogie you know, a beef plate or something, and then me so cod me so wid me so cod me so horny, No me so cod oh me so god So I think that's where that's where they did the calculation. So I thought you ordered too much when you said you ordered two rolls, then you added you added five things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a lot of this goes in my fridge. I don't eat it all.
Speaker 3: In one shot goes into your face. Wait a second, hold on, it's fourth quarter scary. You cannot sit there and tell me that one role is satiating or is that the word he satisfied?
Speaker 4: Fourth quarter scary wishes you only had one role if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's two rolls. It's like boom boom boom. Then little little pieces but like you know, it's like any a combo. Okay, you said sixteen pieces. That's not a little piece. Eight pieces on a roll is eight.
Speaker 4: And had sixteen pieces of sushi roll and then you want to okay.
Speaker 3: And then once you want to put the specialty rolls. BUUKACKI no beef bull it's beef billgg beef googi. You make it sound of rappetizing. You fuck did you get some on your face, dude, Beef bugogi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 3: It's a. It's a Japanese dish bulgogi. Google seen those I've seen those movies. It's bog buggy. I don't think it's too much.
Speaker 2: I think you're reading it wrong anyway.
Speaker 3: The one that they gave you, the extra chopsticks for all the guy's coming over your apartment, I.
Speaker 2: Think one, but I think one is not enough. One roll of.
Speaker 4: Well that's why it's called bukaki, because it's like ten you said fifteen guys.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind again, did you ever try to est you leftovers? And if I want dumplings, I'm gonna have like one or two of them and I'm gonna put the rest in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Well, usually usually the buggy has two dumplings underneath. Right, you just can't get past the word bugogi. It's a thing, beef bogog big thing you have to make. You are so juvenile, you know, yes, I am, yes, thank you, jeez.
Speaker 3: I would have given you four pairs of chopsticks and then about twenty napkins for what you're describing.
Speaker 2: Maybe some some dude wipes.
Speaker 3: The glen Voice podcast.
Speaker 2: We will be right back.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I've got so much to talk about, but I got a Thanksgiving related topic since we just had Thanksgiving, you know recently. Uh I, I was talking on my friend paper Menu. And you know, now this topic right now is for I'm gonna say it's it. It touches on guy code, but it's also homeowner code. So if you're a guy with a home that looks ladies, you can chime in, of course, but this is like a guy code issue in my mind. Now, scary does never doesn't own a home and as and it's not really a guy guy. You're not a proper the owner, you know. So all right, here's the story. Okay, So paper Menu, my buddy who likes paper menus, not the digital menus. That is where I call him that when he goes to the restaurants, no tablets for him.
Speaker 3: A buddy of his who lives two blocks away says, hey, listen, I got people coming over my house, but Thanksgiving, I'm short on chairs.
Speaker 4: You got any extra folding chairs? Now, my boy paper Menu has like a garage full of folding chairs. If he goes to like flea markets and sees folding chairs for like two bucks. He buys more folding chairs. He can't pass up a good deal. Okay, this guy he's got extra folding chairs. So he says, yeah, how many do you need? He goes, oh, like four or five? So so paper menu says, right, I'll bring over the five folding chairs. So his friend works Monday to Friday. Right, he's and he has weekends off. Monday to Friday weekends off, and obviously he's off on Thursday because it's Thanksgiving. At least this guy is not everybody but this guy. So he goes and he leaves the chairs on the guy's porch, and he texts him and says, I left the chairs on your porch. This was Tuesday. You follow me so far? Yes, okay, on tes Tuesday. So the guy texts back, got him thanks, okay. So my boy drives by the house on his way home pretty much every day and sees on Wednesday the chairs are still outside. On Thursday morning, the chairs are still outside.
Speaker 2: Okay. He assumes he uses them on Thanksgiving, and he.
Speaker 4: Drives by Friday the chairs are outside on the porch still or again. Now they don't look like they're in the same spot where he left them, so must have brought them in the house after Thanksgiving put them back out their wooden chairs. He puts them back out on the porch Friday, Saturday, Sunday leaves them out on the porch. Monday, paper Menu texts me and tells me this story, and he's like, what the fuck? The guy asks to borrow my chairs not only leaves them outside all the time in cold weather when they're you know, wooden chairs, fold up chairs, but then after Thanksgiving doesn't bring them back to my house, doesn't come over. He's off Saturday and Sunday doesn't bring them over. Now it's Monday, he's working again. He's like, is it my responsibility to go back and get my chairs. I'm never lending this guy anything. It's guy code.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy should have immediately, Yes, he should have brought the chairs back. Should And why is he leaving him outside in the porch. He should leave him inside his own house.
Speaker 2: Or in his garage.
Speaker 3: I mean, what if they got stolen like well, or they're getting damaged the yeah, no, exposed to the elements. Yeah, would you ever let this guy borrow anything again? Ah, he's careless. He's careless with your shit. And you know, first of all, I don't like borrowing things from anybody in fear of breaking it or for whatever reason. But if I I am, I take great care of anything that I would borrow from anybody, and I would make sure that it's uh protected, protected at all costs.
Speaker 2: Now that's that's wrong. So so what is it?
Speaker 3: But there's no damage to any of this stuff, right, I mean, or you're looking for something now so you could charge him?
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on?
Speaker 4: He hasn't gotten it. He hasn't gotten the chess back. I texted him today, I said, you got the chess back? There's not yet and they're still on the guy's porch.
Speaker 3: Now my Now, my friend is like, is it my responsibility to go get my chairs that I lent him?
Speaker 2: I brought the chance to him.
Speaker 3: Was there was there a definitive time that he said, give me a chance back when you're done with them.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he's not done.
Speaker 3: He put them back on the he put them back on the porch. Yeah, but Devil's advocate. Maybe maybe he's gonna have company or something and he needs them. Or then why wouldn't they be in the house leaning up against the wall.
Speaker 2: Or something.
Speaker 3: The guy's got a two car garage. Put him in the garage. Why are they out on the porch getting affected by the weather so slices. I'm asking you, if you're a homeowner or propell you lend stuff to your neighbors, you want that shit back, right, Would you ever let them borrow anything again? Never?
Speaker 2: Nah? Nah, that's balls right there.
Speaker 4: So is he gonna confront them or well, he wanted he wanted us to talk about on the podcast. He wanted to know my opinion, your opinion, and this Licen's opinion.
Speaker 3: Should he confront the guy and be like, dude, why are my chairs out on the porch and why aren't you bringing them back? Well, I mean I a gentle nudge with a text would be like, hey, don't even mention you saw him on the part porch, Just say hey, uh, let me know when you're done with the chairs because I'm having company over.
Speaker 2: What I need. Here's what I yeah, here's what I told him to do.
Speaker 4: I said, text him and say, hey, man, when you bring the chairs back, let me know when you're bringing them back. Because they're a special kind of wood. I don't want them outside, So text me when you bring them, so I can bring him in right away. In other words, let him know I don't want the chairs outside, and see if he either puts them back in house or brings them right away. Because now once you've said don't leave him on my porchs, I want to bring him in.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want them outside. And if he still leaves them outside, then the guy's an asshole, right, Yeah, yeah, I man.
Speaker 2: People's people have nerve.
Speaker 3: Man. You know, I always try and think, this is why you don't talk to your neighbors in the building, But well, they don't understand me. They speak different languages, and then there's a language barrier there. But yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm feeling that I give people too much credit.
Speaker 2: I think we both do.
Speaker 3: I think we were raised a certain way and we expect that of everyone and we come across. I think if we expected the the bare minimum and the least from people, I think we'd be happier individuals. I would because we wouldn't be disappointed. So I see, expect the least from people, and then you'll be a happy person. Yeah, but how how how little can you expect? You give somebody the chairs the least they could do is bring him back and leave him in your house.
Speaker 2: Don't leave him out on the porch. Ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not lending my ship now, speaking of people are doing the right thing again.
Speaker 2: This is a money thing, but I need your opinion.
Speaker 4: So about a month ago, one of the guys I'm very friendly with at Pickleball, and I have some pickleball stories, but this isn't a pickleball story. He comes around and he's like, hey, guys, listen, I'm selling candy for my daughter to raise money for our school trip and whatever. Could everybody, you know, if you want to buy something to let me know. So I'm like, it's the worst, you know, it's the absolute worst when people are like, oh, my kid's selling wrapping paper, my kids selling But I'm like, you know what it's it's it's chocolate. So I was like, Okay, I'll get the chocolate, al right, whatever, But I don't want to do that with my kids. You know, I have three kids. When they were selling stuff, I really don't want to bother people, right, Like you know, you know, one of the engineers at work at ZE one hundred would always come around with his stuff and I and I liked the guy, so I'd always buy something, but I never asked him.
Speaker 2: To buy my kids stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, one time I sold popcorn for my for my one of my kids because I was it was it was a good cause and I believed in it and I donated money. And I was like, all right, if you want to buy some popcorn, it's good popcorn. So I was like, it's good popcorn. And it wasn't expensive. So anyway, I bought chocolate covered raisins. Right, it was like a little tin of chucklate covered raisins. Now, I love chocolate cover raisins. I was like, ah, I'll get chocolate covered raisins. So that's fine, okay. So I forgot all about it over the weekend. Uh no, during the week so I played Tuesday night. So last Tuesday he comes in and he go and he goes, oh, I got everybody's candy. Oh okay. He's like, yeah, you're the only guy tonight that I haven't given the candy too, Right, I get everybody else on Saturday. I wasn't there Saturday. I said, oh okay, So he goes here you go. So I go over to my bag and I go, how much is it? He goes, I don't even remember it so long ago. He says, nine dollars. I said, okay, so when we've done playing pick a ball, I'll give you the money. So we're done, I walk over to my bag. I got my wallet and I got a ten dollar bill, so I give him to ten. He goes, oh, I just say, you know, I don't have change. So I said, all right, he goes, I'll hitch up next time I see you. Okay, gladly pay your Tuesday for a Hamburger today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, Garry Jones, if you are in the chocolate selling business, yep, this is what you're doing right.
Speaker 2: You're collecting money from people. You're You're right. You gotta have change, Yes, you do, you do. You got to come prepared. I agree.
Speaker 4: Now, if you're not prepared, that's fine. You take you two l and let and then and then you owe me the money. When when I give you the chocolate, I already given him the ten dollars. Would I would tell you, I would tell you keep the ten wait till.
Speaker 2: I get change. Well, I figured it. I listen. I know I'm the one.
Speaker 3: I'm the one in the wrong. I didn't have change for you. Correct, and you're doing me the favor of buying that. So when I see this guy twice a week, all right, and this was Tuesday, so I'm like, oh, I'm gonna see him Sunday.
Speaker 2: Now, scary.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: If I owe somebody money, I walk in the door with it in my hand. It's burning in my brain that I owe this money. Yeah, because I don't want people owe me money. So if I owe you money, even if it's a dollar, a quarter, twenty cents, like I used to get, like give guys at work, like I gave you money back, you were like, oh, I'll lend your money for lunch.
Speaker 2: I'll have you.
Speaker 3: I would come in with the five dollars the next day whatever it was, and you're like, brody, you know't me.
Speaker 2: I don't be ridiculous, take the money. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't like to owe people money because I don't want them to owe me money. Is really what this is, actually what I was talking about earlier with with the with the borrowing thing. I never want to feel indebted to anyone in any way.
Speaker 5: I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: So with money, I'm just I'm exactly like you, right, borrow something or if I'm short cash or you know you're right away boom top of my.
Speaker 2: Mind, I'm hitting you back.
Speaker 4: It's the first thing you do with your money is pay the person you owe. So I see him on Sunday and I'm like, hey man, it's going good. He goes, hey, do you like those chocolate cover raisins. As a matter of fact, I did, Yeah, Uh, you got my dollar.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that. I was like, I'm where I'm going from there.
Speaker 4: I want him to say, oh, you know what, I didn't bring money today, but I'll hook you up Tuesday. So I get with the money. So I'm seeing him tonight. I guarantee he's not gonna have my dollar, of course not. And if I see him, he's gonna go, oh yeah, I didn't bring money. You got to put money in your car. Then, by the way, I hold hold up nine, I paid nine dollars with chocolate cover raises paid. Oh I thought you were just you were just evening everything out and making it simple. Are we physically literally talking about a dollar like a singular dollar?
Speaker 2: Ohs me host me a dollar? That's why are you not listening to my story?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I I toold it.
Speaker 3: You were just for for the purposes of the podcast and to sit to boil it down. I thought it was a hypothetical, but so it's literally. It was ten dollars and a dollar a chocolate. No, no, no, no, no, no. With nine dollars, you're a cheap fuck. Let him fucking keep the dollar. Who cares, it's a dollar. We're talking about a dollar.
Speaker 2: It's the again, ladies and gentlemen. It's the principal.
Speaker 3: You're you're selling chocolate for your daughter, which, by the way, you shouldn't be doing in the first place.
Speaker 2: Let your daughter sell her own chocolate.
Speaker 3: Second of all, I didn't want to pay nine dollars for chocolate covered raisins, but I did it, so I was trying to be nice.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I'm fine, and the guilt, the guilt fine, So you know what next year?
Speaker 3: I really thought, Okay, hold on a second. Sometimes we simplify things. That was simplified with math, No simplified, meth no. No.
Speaker 2: I really thought maybe maybe it was like, you spent like sixty.
Speaker 3: Dollars and you know, he owed you liked. Why would I spend sixty dollars on chocolate club and raisins? What am I ordering sushi like I do?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So, first of all things, Number one, have you ever known me to simplify anything?
Speaker 2: Number two? Do you not know me when it comes to owing me a dollar? So both cases of that story sounded like I was, I was, I was tweaking it. I tell you were tweaking the story a little bit.
Speaker 3: You're physically we're literally talking about Yeah, a dollar, a dollar?
Speaker 2: How much do you think?
Speaker 3: So listen, I don't I don't want to pay nine dollars for chuckle cup raisins, but I'll be damned if I'm paying ten.
Speaker 2: That's sanity.
Speaker 3: You're already nine dollars in on something You've been ripped off on another dollar?
Speaker 2: What's another dollar?
Speaker 3: Dollar's another dollar because chocolate covered raisins are like four dollars. Yeah, but if some of the money goes to a could cause your fund. Do you know this dollar went to his pocket? Okay, he didn't go to his daughter. He owes me a dollar. Okay, let me let me, let me level with you. Okay, listen, team barrows your chairs, you bring the chairs back. Somebody owes you a dollar.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: If you're in the candy selling business, you gotta have a change machine, a little coin thing on your belt, and give me the quarters back.
Speaker 2: You'll give me a dollar you don't bring. Listen to me.
Speaker 3: If you know something's nine dollars, you have to know to have a dollar ready, you have to know that the person is not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: He should have change. I agree all that stuff I agree with I totally am on your side.
Speaker 2: I'm really the money he collected on Sunday three. I am on your side.
Speaker 3: And he should have your change ready, and you should if you owe somebody. But if we're if we are really really talking about a dollar bill, a.
Speaker 2: Single one hundred pennies of the government stead, we're literally talking about that in real life, just keep the dollar. Who cares? Oh, let me ask you a question. Who cares?
Speaker 3: Let's say you go to a Let's say you go to a store and you buy you buy a package of M and ms, right, and it's uh, it's four dollars and you give the girl a five dollar bill and she says, what's a Are you walking out of it paying five dollars for femin M's no? Because I have no no why Because I have no relationship with her, but with my friend I've got.
Speaker 2: He's not my friend. He's a pickleball dude.
Speaker 3: He's an acquaintance that you play pickleball within your see on an okay, on a recurr.
Speaker 2: You see this guy on a recurring basis. The acquaintance is twenty five cents, not a dollar.
Speaker 3: So honestly, he is if I'm really gonna if I'm really gonna step back here and assess the situation, I honestly think he thinks you think it's no big deal. So he's not going to give you the dollar back, and nor does he plan on it, because it's only a dollar.
Speaker 2: Eighteen dollars. You want you two dollars back? Is that fair? Where do I endraw the line? It's it's literally twenty dollars. I got twenty.
Speaker 3: I think seventeen. I think seventeen. I want my three dollars back. Okay, we're about seventeen fifty keep it seventeen fifty nine, keep it fifty cents, fifty cents. You're like, fuck it, fuck it, I'm not. I'm not dealing with coins, bro, Okay, we're not doing coin.
Speaker 2: Eighteen dollars. Keep the two three dollars. You want your money eighteen dollars?
Speaker 3: Keep the two yes, honestly, and I'm really thinking about I'm walking myself through this, and this is a guy that I see occasionally, and I'm I'm buying chice a week.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm for six months, eight months, whatever it is. Keep the two bucks three dollars I want. Okay, So the difference between you and me is two dollars pretty much, two dollars difference. So you have a line, but you're a boogie fuck with a job, so therefore three dollars is your drawing line. I'm a cheap fuck well smart with moneyfuck let me phrase that, who's not currently working in radio like you are, And so therefore I want My line is one dollar?
Speaker 3: LICs be kind. Okay, hold on, wait, it's a dollar all right now? But what about what if it was nineteen nineteen twenty five? Does he get to keep his seventy five cents or you want you seventy five cents back? On principle, I want it back, but mentally I'm like, I get it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now put yourself Okay, you said what you said right there. It's just twenty five cents more. Now it's paper money. It's paper I gotta.
Speaker 3: Have twenty five cents more. You just admit right here on this podcast, even though would get it, in principle, it.
Speaker 2: Would eat away, it would eat away.
Speaker 4: I would look at him as seventy five guy for the rest of my life in prince to look at him his three quarters twenty. I would look at him in three three quarters whenever I looked at him. In principle it was twenty you want the money back.
Speaker 3: But if it was nineteen twenty five you just said yourself want the money back, you would know you would not badger him for the seven trying.
Speaker 2: To play kte you I want my seventy five cents. No you don't, Yeah, I do. I want except that it was a quarter. It was twenty five cents. I let a slide. Fifty cents. I'm buying.
Speaker 3: I'm buying a piece of goma, something that's value, not fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I want my fit. You you sink to new lows every week.
Speaker 3: Well, scary, you said three dollars you want your money back, but two fifty you don't.
Speaker 2: No, two dollars, yeah, two fifty and up.
Speaker 3: I'm good, right, so fifty I'm not taking because I'm not taking change, so fuck that, and then rounded up two dollars. Yeah yeah, two fifty forget it, two fifty up, done, two seventy five. I'm still fine. It's change.
Speaker 2: You're walking.
Speaker 3: I'm walking, all right, I'm walking here, I'm walking three dollars. I want my money back, and I may I may hate you for all right?
Speaker 2: We got all right? This is this is leaving a bad taste. Now you asked the chop sticks on your basest it it's the Boys Podcast. I got a little sound. You got a little sound. Okay, I got a little sound. I got I got some sound. I got big sound. Yeah, okay, yeah, So I'm gonna play this. I'm about to belch.
Speaker 4: No, we continue, because it's it's so last time, last time he did this. I said, John Oliver did this, and John Oliver did do it once or twice, but Jimmy Kimmel is known for it. And today, as we record, this is December two. So I wanted to play Jimmy Kimmel's montage here. It is of newscasters realizing it's December.
Speaker 2: Oh this is great. As you probably know it's December one.
Speaker 5: The dawn of a new month, the final month of the year, has arrived, and once again, our nation's newscasters have been caught completely by surprise.
Speaker 3: December one.
Speaker 2: I can't believe. I can't believe. I can't believe. I can't believe it's the first of December already, December one. It's hard to believe. December one. It's hard to believe. December one, hard to believe. December, hard to believe December, hard to believe December. It's hard to believe. December, hard to believe, hard to believe it. It is December, hard to believe that it is December. It's hard to belie its December already. Can't believe it's December already. I can't believe it's December already. Don't believe it's December. Can't believe it's December one, December first? Can you believe it? December first? Can you believe it? December one? Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: December first?
Speaker 2: Can you believe in December? Can you believe December? Can you believe that December? Can you believe believe it's December? Can you believe it's December one, December first, Can you believe that it's I said? She goes, yeah, they already know.
Speaker 3: So what I'm what I'm wondering is all these people are they that lame that they or they like I like I said, people in my life, like you believe it's November?
Speaker 2: There's there nothing else to say on TV? You believe?
Speaker 3: Yes, I can believe it's December. Thanksgiving is the end of November. You must be you must have been waking up early listening to the Elvis Duran Big Show because I brought this topic up on the Big Show.
Speaker 2: Oh you stole my topic?
Speaker 3: No, it was not. We I I made fun of it. I'm like, oh, here here comes December. People are gonna be like, who's the somber already? And and we we we made fun of it. But it's it's it's small talk. It's like being in an elevator with somebody and saying, how about the weather. We're having crazy weather. It's it's it's a nothing burger, you know. Yeah, But it's like, can you believe can you believe? Yes?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we all feel that the calendar is racing racing by I mean, I can't believe it's December already.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, would I say it out loud just to fill space on the air. No, But now I'm thinking some of these people want to get on Kimmel, so they do it on purpose, you know. But yeah, or you'd think that they would just be so embarrassed by by him exposing them that by now that they would they wouldn't say it.
Speaker 2: But whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, speaking of listening to the Elvis Duran Big Show, Yes, sir, you heard my rant about the medium rare Burger.
Speaker 2: Is at it what you're about to say? No, that's not what I was going to say. I had something more important to say.
Speaker 4: Oh, but I'm scrolling in the app right now because there's so many goddamn podcasts split into other podcas casts, Andy go on, you can't find anything.
Speaker 2: There's other podcast mixed in.
Speaker 3: This is a terrible layout, right brod Okay, Paul Retirement Daily, Harsko, it's the whole show. I can't find the whole show. Yeah, full show. Okay, your sound grandpa.
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: I can't, No, because because the way you have the app set up now, it's not just Okay Monday Show Tuesday show.
Speaker 2: You have twenty five different podcasts between each show. Oh my god, you're now I gotta watch an ad on the iHeart Radio app. Blah blah blah blah. What are you looking for? What do you mean you can tell you what I'm looking for? Because this is pretty funny. That's all right. We're gonna give you one of our Thanksgiving classic phone taps.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: This is from our buddy Dave Brody, who was quite a pioneer in all the best of all phone taps ever ever on our show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, scary, he's good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to play the clip of Elvis saying that I was the pioneer of great phone taps. Wow, you do rail this entire podcast just for that three seconds right there.
Speaker 2: Ye listen. I just want to and everybody back in the day, I was a thing on the radio. Now where are you now? I'm a thing on the podcast thing? You know, You're just a thing. No, it's funny. You know, we give you your flowers whenever you're not looking. Appreciate that. Listen, nothing but respect.
Speaker 3: Just know everybody says good things about you all the time. I know, but I thought it was very nice.
Speaker 4: In Elvis to reiterate to the audience those who remember me and those who may not know me, they're new listeners.
Speaker 3: But it's important for him to say that because it's been three over three years, so it's been three years for as much as as many listeners as have been with us that whole time, there's always there's always new listeners coming through the door.
Speaker 2: So you got to always remind people. Uh yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I you know what this is, speaking of listeners. Yeah, we're gonna do that next. Okay, I want to you gotta buy Brodie's unboxing folks. He finally picked up Asian MIC's chips and dips and all that stuff that remember that was like two months ago and Reggie's present and Reggie's present. So yeah, we're gonna we'll open that up because one of the boxes said do not touch.
Speaker 4: I posted on Instagram, right, and and it says for Brody, hands off scary, all right, But there's no comma after off all right, Brody no no, So it says for Brody, hands off scary, as if to say, get my hands off scary, don't worry, my hand's not on scary, Brody.
Speaker 2: How do you like your hamburgers.
Speaker 3: Rare or medium rare, right, so you could taste it right, you could taste it, because a great burger shouldn't be cooked anything over.
Speaker 2: Let's call it medium. Medium is being generous a lot of burgers.
Speaker 3: If you've got a really high quality piece of beef, medium rare, and you know what ladies tell me, I do, and you know and by the way, and you know that it's it's how it came together. Medium rare is where mediumware is where it's at. But if you don't like the pinkness of it, medium is fine. David fan of the pinkness. I went to the Red Hook Tavern, one of the top twenty burgers in the Tri State area.
Speaker 2: Of course it is.
Speaker 3: It's one of them. It's it's it's up there. It's a dry aged burger. It's got that dry aged like who mommy, taste so good? You know, Oh, it tastes like your mommy, mommy, who mommy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, who mom You know how you get that that kind of like that funk that the the I do not want funk meat. No, dry aged like and when you have a dry aged state, it's mold. No. But you're tasting a thing anyway. The burger is a dry aged burger.
Speaker 3: This age sounds fancy, But they leave it out on the counter for like twenty four hours. Yes it is, that's what dry age is.
Speaker 2: No, they put it in. No, but they put it in a dry aged place. They leave it on the floor, and then they slice the mold off.
Speaker 3: Oh, then they cook the damn thing. But brody, listen, they are notorious for having the best burger. They've served ten thousands and hundreds and thousands of these friggin' burgers. Pat them on the math. Donald's all right, right, So so what I posted the burger in? People like, ew, it's still mewing, it's still alive? Is it gonna crawl off your plate? Like?
Speaker 2: Why are we so childish? Like, listen, I get it.
Speaker 3: You need to cook a fast food burger to like medium. Well, you gotta get it all. It's got to be cooked where one hundred and fifty degrees in the inside, one hundred and sixty five something like that.
Speaker 2: That's that's what you're supposed to cook. He is one sixty five I think meets one one fifty or something.
Speaker 3: But they were like, oh, well, well, well, well you know, chopped meat should always be cooked fully. No, No, when you get a high quality piece of meat, no matter what it is, you should you should absolutely enjoy and savor that flavor. Okay, but don't come at me. Don't yuck my young yucking my yum on my social media, on my comments, you're you're getting into my sliding into my dms and you're criticizing me.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you don't know what a good fucking burger tastes like, how what temperature? How do you like your beef pacocky.
Speaker 3: Beef? Bill Gogi and that that's got to be cooked all the way through bill Who Bill Gogi? Who's Bill Gogi?
Speaker 2: Bill Gogi? All over you?
Speaker 3: Apparently No, But you know, I'm just saying, grow up, grow up, people, slide episode, grow up.
Speaker 2: It's a piece of it is.
Speaker 3: A fine hamburger. You don't want to ruin your steak. You don't want to ruin your burger. Okay, you there, people they know they won't eat it until it's well done, and okay, all right, So really quickly I went to uh Minetta Tavern and they're known for their black label burger, and I went there with a couple of friends of ours or twins.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. It's a It's like it's one of the oldest places in New York City, know where.
Speaker 3: I know. It's not bougie, it's not moogie boogie at all. They got these red leather bank cats and it's like they got these stools, these these wooden wooden bar seats and ship thirty dollars. Well, it's the black label Burger. It's also another one of the best burgers list. I took our friends, the twins there, and we hung out and we had the twins, the twins, remember the twins, all the twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, the Minetta Tabing black Label Berger is thirty eight dollars more than even I thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also a giangeburger. That burger's.
Speaker 3: That blend for the blend of the beef is high quality. It's a known thing when you come to New York. It's a quintessential burger. Listen to me, I'm not trying to be a bougie asshole, but thirty eight dollars for burger your bog even more so, why you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Fuck it up.
Speaker 3: So I went and I told them twins. The twins were where we were all hanging out. This was several years ago, and oh, you gotta have the black label burger. Oh my god, we love burgers. Burgers are great.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: They take the order and I said, okay, I lot my medium rare medimare plus whatever. Okay, great, and then both twins are like well done. I'm like no, no, no, no, no, no, you can't do that. You cannot order this burger well done.
Speaker 2: They can't ketchup on it if they want. Yeah, I put ketchup on mine too. Yeah. Medium. Ah, you always tell me I can't put ketchup on fancy good meat. No, it's a burger. Though, it's a burger. But no, well, if I put ketchup on a steak, you want to kill me.
Speaker 3: But they wanted to ruin this burger. I said, guys, guys, guys, wait, hold on, hear me out. You're really gonna screw up the burger. And I looked at the wayitress and I said right, and she's like yeah, she goes she listen. People have it the way they want, but we recommend at the most medium. And I said, guys, take it medium, take it medium.
Speaker 2: No, no, scary, We're not gonna eat it. Dude. That thing came out well done. It was fucking charrety eight dollars for a hockey puck. That's what I'm saying. They paid.
Speaker 3: Oh there's that's high quality shit right there, high quality beef.
Speaker 2: And they paint and brody. I'm sitting there and I'm like, what did you do? And they're like, like, I said, how is it? They're like, I don't see how this could be the best burger in New York. I'm like, I lookt you fucked it up. You made them cook it till it looked like a piece of charcoal.
Speaker 4: The most important question here since when you go to dinner, you don't let the woman pay.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? It's twin women? I paid, you paid seventy six dollars for that two burgers. I picked up. Listen, I insisted on it. I picked up, I picked up dinner. It was a vagina. It was burger and burgers and fries. Bro three of them.
Speaker 3: He has one hundred dollars. And they were and they were they were used to be very well off people. They could afford their own burgers. We it's what I do it's a shival We're gonna steak dinner. It's chivalrous. But listen, these guys listen, but you're missing the point. The point is you don't fuck up a great burger. I was so hard upset. Okay, I'm like, guys, I wanted you to have this experience with me and have this awesome burger, and now you're tasting like charred.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. Yeah, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: Order my burger well done in a place that's known for the taste of their burgers. Not well done, then i'n't order something else like if you if you, if you don't want the burger medium rare, theyn' order something else off the menu, don't order it well done. Now that being said, I went to a place with with my buddy not payper menu, different different guy and the water bottle guy, the guy who didn't thank me for the water bottle. So we went out to dinner at a new place that's that has other locations. But they opened up a new place and we're like, oh, we should go to the new place near us. So we went and I were like, oh, I heard the burgers are excellent. So we're like, oh, we'll get burgers. So I said, oh, I'd like the such and such burger with such and such and such and such. She was okay, how would you like that cooked? I said medium rare. Yeah, we can't do anything less cooked than medium. So so I said, why not, Well, for health reasons we medium medium. Well, well, we don't do medium rare rare. That means the quality that beef sucks.
Speaker 2: Well, it also means you can't trust the teenage kids cooking in the.
Speaker 3: That's right, okay, yeah, now you're talking if you're going to freaking Applebee's or Fridays.
Speaker 2: Or it was, so, what is a little nicer than that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing, I get it. It was a half pound burger. So I'm like, all right, well, a fine, Medium's fine. This this ketchup on the table. I'm like, I'm fine. I already made up my mind to have the burger, and I was fine. So the burger comes scary, God is my witness, it.
Speaker 2: Was medium rare to rare.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, so not on their whole thing about we can't cook it for health reasons, and the fucking thing came out. Now I'm thinking, do I want to eat it because they told me they can't leave it medium rare because it's for health reasons. And you bring it to me rare to medium rare, Like if if your whole point is we have to cook it medium, then wouldn't you anticipate it'd be medium? Well by missus, absolutely right, then maybe to overcook it overcook No, they undercooked it.
Speaker 4: So I was like, great, like, how's your burger? I said it came about medium rare? Oh sir, I'm telling me sorry, all contraire. Thank you for well anyway, But that is by the way, that is.
Speaker 3: That is when I draw the line if I'm a greasy spoon diner or whatever the case, I'm having a burger in some no frills place, that shit's going medium.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll move right back.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So, as we mentioned earlier, I picked up my stuff that you got from Asian Mic and from Reggie.
Speaker 2: So, Reggie, thank you for the big scoops. You're a doll. You wouldn't accept money from me. That was very kind.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was probably eight bucks nine bucks worth of scoops whatever it was, and very I appreciate that, so thank you very much. But if you wanted the money, I would have given you back nine dollars and I would have had exact change. So okay, so Asian mic I got the The steak doritos were fantastic.
Speaker 2: Those were my favorites so far. The beef did you get you beat? No, I'm not into that.
Speaker 4: The slice steak pringles were very good, the cheese oreos very good.
Speaker 2: And I had some other kind of beef chips. But this box, by the way, how would you think of the Macha oreos? You didn't have those.
Speaker 4: I did not eat those. I'm probably gonna give them to my family. It's not really not really a thing that I'm not a Macha guy anyway. Chris box for Brody hands off scary again, no comma but still hands off scary. And I post on Instagram and people are trying to guess what might be in the box. So I'm going to open the box here, oh.
Speaker 3: Live on the podcast. Okay, all right, what do you got there, David Brody? Okay, hold on, I mean are there is a bag of lays Asian symbols, Asian symbols and a picture of steak on a plate.
Speaker 2: It is steak flavored Asian chips.
Speaker 4: Now I know a seventy seven I'm opening up good old day like there's not like when we chew on the podcast, but because Asian Mike sent me all this free ship for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna all right then, Brody you how is it tasting?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hold on, so if I buy you a bag of those steak chips, that'll count as your steak dinner.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, hold yeah, well is that good? I didn't bring a soda? How are those?
Speaker 3: Are those steak chips cooked medium rare? Are they well done? Look at the bag medium rare?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 3: So these are lazy potato chips, and I guess there's steak flavor and they're delicious. I don't know where to get them. I may never have them again the rest of my life. I don't really eat chips like that, but terrific. So Asian Mike, thank you. I'll be plowing through the rest of the bag of stuff, the multiple bags and stuff.
Speaker 2: And yeah, the cheese oils were great, and thank you.
Speaker 3: By the way, if we're not giving each to Cubby's wife, there's a delicious.
Speaker 2: See there you go. See you could finally trust me. Now on our way out of here.
Speaker 3: We had some crazy scheduling problems the last couple of weeks, and that's going to continue for the next few weeks. Unfortunately, we're not giving you Slice Time for a couple of weeks. We're not gonna it's not gonna get to.
Speaker 2: The jingle ball stuff coming up. Most a lot of going on. It was a lot happening these next two weeks. Bear with us.
Speaker 3: We would rather give you a new Brooklyn Boys podcast than a Slice Time if we had the choice.
Speaker 2: I love Slice Time.
Speaker 4: You when to do Slice Time again, We'll test so most likely when we do Brooklyn Boys again next week, we'll tell you when Slice Time will be and you can leave Slice Time conversations about this episode.
Speaker 2: But don't do it this week is what's scary saying.
Speaker 3: Correct, because we may not get to it and it's gonna be deleted off the server.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: We don't want to lose your quality. We do not want to we do not want to use like Sorry about that. It's just that time of year. So all right, all right, I gotta go play pickleball.
Speaker 2: Oh oh again? All right, yes, I played Tuesday nights. All right, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I was ready to go for another hour, Brody, But oh no, you leave the slices high and dry slices.
Speaker 2: You see what's going on. You said we got to get out of here before we leave. You said that. No, well yeah, but no, because you got to get out of here. I don't got to get out of here. I got all night. I'll do another hour.
Speaker 3: I mean, but but okayes Brody, Brody's going to play pickleball. Okay, just remember who's a man of the people right now, Scary Jones, because Scary Jones is sitting here ready to do another half hour for forty five minutes. Yeah, why don't you cancel pickleball? Cancel pick a ball for and let's go. We got I got another ten topics for you. Come on, name one, name one topic that you're excited about. Parades don't work well on the radio, like like Thanksgiving the parade. The local news station was like advertising, make sure you two detention wins to listen to all the coverage of these Thanksgiving Day parade. No, no, no one's listening exactly what the fuck is the point? And they do the same thing for the fourth of July. Tune into, tune in to hear the fireworks, just to hear the crackles.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what you can't you can hear my new jingle. Okay, I got more topics. Wait, I guess shut please, there's my new jingle. We'll play that next time. I have a pickleball story. How about the tree? How about the grump tree? You want to do that topic?
Speaker 3: It's like that next week. It's the new It's it's the new Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. It's from It's from Doctor Seuss's Grinch.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that next episode.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: I was ready to talk about it right now. Did you what about the cure, the cure for a headache? You what about this new cure for a headache that people are doing. Oh and the cats. People are buying this new thing for their cats. It's going viral. All right. That motherfucker left us, David, He'll signed off. He left. He literally went to go pickleball. All right, guys, I tried. I tried. The true man of the people is Scary Jones. Remember this moment.
Speaker 3: Brock Boys, Boys,