Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettide and now he Armstrong and Jetty. Not just New York.
Speaker 3: There are other races around the country where these socialists candidates are coming to. The four obviously remain to be seen if they can win the election in a falls. They most certainly are likely to in New York because the districts in which these three candidates prevailed were pretty hard left districts to begin with. Where the siren song of socialism may have some appeal. It happens, I guess at least once every generation, and these are young voters who turned out I guess to support these three candidates, some of whom are maybe having trouble finding jobs.
Speaker 1: The sirens Song of socialism.
Speaker 4: How popular is it for average Americans? I don't know. Maybe lanhe Chen does. He's the director of Domestic Policy Studies at Stanford University. Lannie, thanks for joining us today. Appreciate your time.
Speaker 5: Great to do with you.
Speaker 4: Jack. Yeah, you're younger than me, But I thought that that whole issue of whether or not we would ever want to be a socialist country was dead and buried and not an argument we needed to have, but apparently we do well.
Speaker 6: I think it kind of is a little bit consistent with some of the populist sentiment that we have right now. You know, I think that there are these ideas that socialist candidates promote that you know, if the siren song that was brit Hume, who you had on earlier, that really is the right way to describe it, because you've got all these policies that people just sort of say, well, gosh, that sounds pretty good.
Speaker 5: I mean, why don't we take from one group that has a lot, Why don't we know, give that to everybody else.
Speaker 6: Why don't we think about increasing the size of government so that government can do more. All of these ideas to those probably who have a slightly more popular streak, might at first glance seem attractive, And I think there's a consistency to the success of socialist candidates, particularly in urban areas like New York. And we didn't even talk about LA, but in LA you're going to have a socialist running against someone who's incompetent.
Speaker 5: But really, that is.
Speaker 6: One of the things I think that is appealing to people is just look, it seems like a really easy solution to what is a really difficult set of economic problems. So I kind of see the socialism, the rise of socialism in America as consistent with the broader kind of populus streak we see across our politics.
Speaker 4: How big a problem is it for the Democratic Party? Are they going to get steamrolled by the socialists or are they going to be able to keep them at bay?
Speaker 6: Well, I think that's a huge question, particularly as they look ahead to twenty twenty eight. I mean, putting aside whatever happens in the midterm elections this November, how these candid to do in places like New York and California. The big question, I think is what what does the heart and soul of the Democratic Party look like? And those kinds of questions, by the way, Jack, you know, these are the kinds of questions that only get resolved during presidential election years, and I think the Democrats are going to have to resolve what kind of party are they going to be? Are they going to be a party that tries to put together a governing coalition that is, you know, left center left, or are they going to become the Party of AOC Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, And that question was put off for a couple of years by the Biden administration. It was put off by the crowning of Kamala Harris. And now they're going to have to resolve that question as they go to.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 6: And I don't know where they're going to come out, because I think if they come out on the side of the socialists, it will doom them to not being able to win a national election in my view for several cycles, right, And it's gonna be a big problem for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been li likening it to the Tea Party back in the day in two thousand and ten. Joe and I got pretty involved in the Tea Party and liked a lot of the stuff they stood for. But then you had some candidates that put Tea Party next to their name and they were whack jobs. Yeah, But because they had Tea Party next to the name, they won, and it kind of discredited the whole movement. And and then some of them, you know, discredited the entire Republican Party. And I'm looking at some of these people that won the other night, this one woman because we're learning more about them after they won this one woman she demanded the total eradication of Western civilization at one point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, the more that we dig in to the records of various people who have been successful, who are part of this democratic socialist movement, the more we're going to discover things that are not just out of step with where most Americans are, but that are truly odious policy positions, I mean truly offensive policy positions, ones that people look at and remind them of why Democratic socialists are out of step with frankly, most voters in this country. So it will be very interesting as we go on.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 6: I thought, you know, Britt made the right point there, which is that these people can win elections in the middle of New York City or the middle of la But the problem you're going to have is that the image of these people, what they stand for, who they are, is going to pollute the broader image of the Democratic Party, which by the way, isn't great right now. If you ask Americans what they think of the Democratic Party, they don't have an incredibly favorable impression of it. And I think this is one of the challenges they're going to have is if you've got more centrist Democrats, people like John Fetterman, the Senator from Pennsylvania, who represents a more moderate form.
Speaker 1: Of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 6: How is that going to work if you've got a bunch of socialists running around who define who you are?
Speaker 5: That's the challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He actually tweeted out yesterday about some of those candidates. He said, why am I the only Democrat in the US Senate that refuses to excuse this or defend any of those self identified communists? There you go, there you go.
Speaker 6: And and by the way, Fetterman was, you know, he's been one of the few Democrats to break ranks and vote with President Trump and Republicans on some key issues, some key policy issues. And you've got a few others too who have tried to take on a more moderate tone. But they're getting drowned out right now, Jack, totally drowned out by these socialists. And and and the funny thing is not the first time it's happened in the Democratic Party in the last couple of years.
Speaker 4: Right Well, I was wondering how much of it is the economic stuff, the socialism part, or how much of it is the anti Semitism. We don't, you know, free free Palestine part.
Speaker 6: It's all part of the same toxic stew. In my view, it's it all gets caught up together. And this is the really dangerous part of it for the Democratic Party is that, you know, for many, many years, the Democratic Party was pretty solid on issues relating to Israel and our partnership with Israel, the important role that Israel plays in the region.
Speaker 5: And in the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: This this you know, sort of pro Palestinian pro Hamas movement that has gained power and traction within the Democratic Party has become a much bigger definitional piece. To the point now Jack, where you've got certain Democrats who are using it as a litmus test. Did you get money from Apak? Did you get money supporting Israeli and pro Israel causes? And if you did, you are not pure enough to be in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that I think is a big problem for them.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard anybody who's been accused of that because they did take money from Apak who said, you're damn right, I did, and I'm proud I haven't heard exactly say that they are back away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did but yeah, yeah, they all back away, they all figure out a way to cover their rear ends, and it's shameful. I think it's just shameful. So all of this together has created this what I would consider a toxic stew of modern leftist politics that has become a bigger, bigger part of the Democratic Party. And that's why they have a definitional problem in my view as they go into twenty twenty eight. So it doesn't matter what you know, more mainstream candidates might say, because the dialogue will be dominated by AOC and Nithia Rahman and all the rest.
Speaker 4: Yep, the way Bill Maher was able to talk about the TA baggers and discredit the entire Republican Party back in the.
Speaker 5: Day, Yeah, yeah, it's a very similar thing.
Speaker 4: Speaking of twenty twenty eight, one guy who'd like to be president in twenty twenty eight is Gavin Newsom, governor of California. And there's a new another story in the La Times about this investigation that the Trump Justice Department is doing into the first couple and the First Partner, California's first partner targeted by Trump. Newsom says, here's what we know about her career in finances the LA Times digging in to the finances of Gavin Newsom's wife. Is this a real story? Does this have legs?
Speaker 1: I think it does.
Speaker 6: I certainly do think it's there's a story here. It's only an investigation that needs to be done. And by the way, it's very easy, I think for the governor to dismiss it as purely politically motivated. That keeps in line with the predominating sort of center of Democratic Party messaging now, which is basically anything that Trump does we don't like. And you know, rather than sort of addressing the accusations and you know, helping people understand what is and isn't truthful, they just sort of say the whole thing is a smeror.
Speaker 4: And you know the problem with.
Speaker 5: This sort of thing is that there's a drip drip drift to it all.
Speaker 6: And then when the campaign actually gets started and he's actually running, the people who are going to use this stuff are not the Republicans, Okay, it's going to be his Democratic opponents, the people like AOC. They're the ones who are going to deploy it against him. So from a political perspective, he's got to figure out how to lance the spoil and the answer is not simply to say, well, it's a politically motivated investigation. I think there does need to be some substantive rebuttal and it's got to come sometime soon.
Speaker 4: Well, you know a lot of people in California politics, and you're a high road guy and not a bomb checker. But are the whispers out there that you know him and his wife made a lot of money in ways that ain't cool?
Speaker 6: I mean, look that there are a lot of whispers. I don't necessarily know what is and isn't real. I think there needs to be that.
Speaker 5: That's why there's an investigation, and that's why the LA Times and other media organizations are probably going to dig into this a little bit because there are some murmurs and some rumors that they're going to try and chase down.
Speaker 4: Are all of them going to be true?
Speaker 6: Probably not, But if enough of them are true that it casts a shadow over his candidacy and over who he is and what he's done during his time in office. In a competitive primary in twenty twenty eight, that could.
Speaker 5: Be enough to ensure he doesn't get the nomination.
Speaker 6: So he's got a political problem and potentially a legal problem. I don't want to speak to the legal piece of it because who knows, but politically, certainly it is a problem for him, so they've got to deal with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mark Halpern thinks that it'll keep him from run, and they'll decide that they just don't want to put their fans through this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, he wouldn't be the first one to beg off a run because there was just too much.
Speaker 4: You know, where there's where there's smoke, there's fire.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 4: It doesn't help that you had the Biden family and everything they did around their money stuff, and then you got Trump and his family doing right that It just kind of makes everybody think, well, this is what everybody does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, and that's sort of the unfortunate reality of our politics now is that people, I think have sort of discounted a lot of people in public service and they've said, look, these guys are all crooks. And what it does is it really takes our politics in our discussion down a level.
Speaker 4: And this has been happening for a long time.
Speaker 6: Jack, It's not a recent phenomenon, but I think it's become particularly acute now with what we've seen over the last couple of years, and it makes me sad personally because we should hold in public to a higher innvation buyer stand doesn't seem you know, things happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I absolutely agree with that.
Speaker 1: Lon heat Chin.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you joining us today, Director of Domestic Policy Studies at Stanford University. Always really good to get your insight. And I too would like a return of the character issue, but I don't think it's in our future anytime soon. You look at Graham Platner up in Maine and uh, you know, it's just more of a he's on our side and we could win a seat, so we'll overlook whatever. And that just at least for the near future of our politics. The character issue is over. I think, man. I grew up with the character issue being a big deal in politics. Man, if you were a crook or cheating on your wife or any of that sort.
Speaker 1: Of stuff, you had to drop out.
Speaker 4: Obviously those days are over. We got a lot more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 7: Mean, awhile Brooklyn Escorts Service is charging World Cup soccer players up to ten an hour, Why so steep a price because it takes them two hours to score?
Speaker 6: What happens when you can't use your hands.
Speaker 4: I heard something yesterday, was listening to some music radio. Apparently chicks are digging the soccer players and there's a pretty big man. Those soccer players are cute sort of thing going on among women in the country, and soccer legs has become a thing. Soccer legs. Having soccer legs is very popular. So I guess those would be big beefy legs. I guess. But then you got withered, little Tyranno source rex arms because you don't get to use your arms. So if you want that, A bunch of Supreme Court rulings came down. Having a chance to look at all of them, it's just been in the last few minutes and I've been talking to guests, but this is a pretty big gun one. So four years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that law abiding persons had a right to obtain a permit to carry a concealed gun when they left home. That's assuming you live in a county where your sheriff will allow you get a concealed permit. That's its own issue. But the Supreme Court also agreed that there were sensitive places where guns may be prohibited, such as schools, courts, and other buildings. Right, you can carry a concealed weapon, but not schools, courts, and some other government buildings.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 4: In response to that, lawmakers in California and Hawaii came up with their own list of sensitive places and they expanded it from courts and government buildings and schools to parks, beaches, playgrounds, places of worship, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, all kinds of different places where you were not allowed to carry a concealed weapon. And if you can't carry a concealed weapon in any of those situations, there's barely any point in having a concealed weapon. So gun owners sued. The Ninth Circuit Court refused to block most of those restrictions, and it ended up in the Supreme Court, and a ruling has come down now that California had gone too far by recort by doing that, and it's now back to it's from an opt into an opt out, or do I have it backwards anyway? It used to be you couldn't carry your gun into a grocery store. Now you can unless the owner of the grocery store decides he doesn't want you to. So there's still a property rights element to it, which I completely get. I own a grocery store, I should be able to say I don't want anybody with a gun in here. The problem with that though, so I'm pro property rights. The problem with that, though, of course, is all you're doing. Hey, grocery store owners, let you know or you know whoever, is gonna put up a sign saying no gun's allowed, no concealed weapons allowed here. All you're gonna do is keep the law abiding trained went through the process people from carrying a gun in there. A bad guy who wants to come in with a gun and shoot the place up or is dangerous is still gonna carry his gun. Why doesn't everybody get that the laws only have an effect on law abiding citizens. They don't stop the bad guy. You can put up a sign that says no gun's allowed here, and you're not gonna get the maniac show up to the grocery store and say, oh dang, I was gonna shoot the place up, but you got a sign that says no guns, so I guess I won't. However, he goes in there with a gun and decides to shoot the place up, and you won't have a law abiding citizen, a good guy with a gun. To use the phrase, who maybe could stop him because he has stopped the law abiding citizen. But that's where we are in that ruling. It's definitely seen as a win for the gun rights crowd, of which I am a member, not an official member, but I own guns and soon to be a glock which is about to be outlawed in California. That's its own story. Maybe I'm more on that later. Gonna talk to our old boss, Jason Rantz coming up from Seattle.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Thanks for joining us. Lots of cool stuff to talk about. I definitely want to get to that story about people are giving their kids the GLP ones, which might be a good idea, but man, there ain't a lot of data out there about how it affects kids when they're still growing and all that sort of stuff. Want to welcome to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Jason Rantz. If you watch Fox you see him all the time on there. And Jason, congratulations on your TV presence so much. Been a radio host forever in Seattle on Seattle Read seven seventy am. Jason was even our boss for a cup of coffee and is a really good guy. Hey, Jason, how you.
Speaker 1: Doing doing well? Thanks for having me, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And congratulations on all your TV success. I see it like every day.
Speaker 5: Now, you know.
Speaker 1: They keep me busy. It's Fox News Nation CNN.
Speaker 4: So are you a Seattle native you've been there your whole life?
Speaker 8: No, so, I've been here seventeen years or so. I'm actually so. I was born in New York, but I grew up in Los Angeles. I ended up coming out here about sixteen seventeen years ago.
Speaker 4: And I first visited Seattle on vacation I don't know, thirty years ago or something like that. And I remember the first time I ever wont I thought, Wow, it's like a clean San Francisco. This is awesome.
Speaker 1: And then something changed over the years.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know the liberal policies. I guess, yeah, government, that's what's changed.
Speaker 8: I mean, there are parts of Seattle and certainly the Pacific Northwest, are absolutely gorgeous. And we experienced the promise of Seattle for the US men's National World Cup match last Friday, where the city cleaned up like they engaged in sweeps. There were no homeless people just loitering everywhere smoking fentanyl. It just happened to be a gorgeous summer day and it was glorious. It was the reason why so many people lived here. And yet I found myself getting a little bit upset because we realize we can do this every day if we actually wanted to, but they don't.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, a similar experience they had and in San Francisco when President She visited it, but he's like, why can't we have the.
Speaker 8: Streets like this all the time? A hundred percent? And I actually I was in San Francisco leading into that. I just had an event that I was doing there and I was wondering around. I was like, man, it's so nice. All of a sudden, I was like, oh, that's why.
Speaker 4: Right exactly what was it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: What was the whole World Cup experience like? For Seattle?
Speaker 1: It was really cool.
Speaker 8: Look, this is a soccer city that we have one of the biggest soccer teams in the MLS, Seattle Sounders. People were really excited, and of course we had a whole bunch of people who were showing up to watch the US men's national team play. So these are folks who are primarily from the United States who are traveling here, and it felt vibrant downtown for the first time in frankly a long time. I just went on a long walk with my dog downtown just to see however was going to shake up. And you felt the electricity in the air. And as someone who actually lives in Seattle, doesn't live on the outskirts, I felt safe for the first time in a long time. I felt real pride in what ended up happening on that day. And you know, good news is we're going to keep that going probably for the next few weeks at least until the round of sixteen for the final men's game here at Lumenfield. And I'm just worried about what's going to happen afterwards.
Speaker 4: Right, cool, Well, one of the reasons we wanted to have you is, Yeah, we've been having a lot of fun playing clips of your new mayor, Jay Lennon Chavez or whatever her name is, and some of the wacky stuff she's tell us about the mayor of Seattle.
Speaker 8: Now, yeah, So Katie Wilson, she came to this position as an activist, not having held an actual job, certainly nothing in politics. She worked a lot behind the scenes in helping craft some of the legislation and taxes that ended up forcing a bunch of businesses to either go out of business or go across to nearby Bellevue. And she's kind of been floundering. And in a way, there's a positive spin I can put on that that she's so inexperienced that some of her crazier ideas have not even remotely started to take shape. But she's caught in that hard place that all activists find themselves when they take the position of mayor here, where you've got the activist class who are demanding you not do certain things like end homelessness and do your sweeps and stop people from smoking fentanel. But she's also I think realizing that, yeah, she's got a city that she needs to run, and every position that she takes around homelessness or crime could result in someone dying. And I think that when you're put in a position where you're no longer just an activist, you're actually making decisions, it gets a lot tougher for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's surprising to me that Seattle hasn't had enough of the street people and the crime, and you know, the chazz shop and all the stuff that has happened over the years. Because San Francisco they finally had enough and they got a new mayor and like you said, to start with policy matters, and San Francisco cleaned up pretty good, at least the commercial areas. I was there just last weekend. I saw one street person. One And in an entire day of being around Union Square and all the shop stuff like that it used to be, I would have seen a thousand. I mean, so that's a pretty major change. But Seattle's still willing to try it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's a major change still coming from a Democrat mayor, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of people, and you know.
Speaker 8: To a degree, it existed in San Francisco well before Seattle. But there are a lot of people locally who the idea that you might present and you know, a proposal to clean up homelessness, and it's deemed conservative, and of course it just dies without getting any sort of hearing or debate. These are Democratic politicians putting in place policies that have been written by other Democrats, and it's not political. That's the funny thing about all of this. None of the proposals around cleaning up our cities are truly political. They become politicized right because they're politicians who are involved. But it's not a Democrat or Republican thing to say, yes, we'd like to have clean and safe streets where people aren't smoking fentanel or taken meth on street corners and harassing people and dying outside like these are not red versus blue ideas. This is just common sense. And when you start pushing away the activism and politics around it, you start to see results and you don't have I love when people say you got to be innovative, we need to.
Speaker 1: Get an innovative look at it. No you don't.
Speaker 8: You don't need to be an innovative on any of these things. We know exactly what works. It's a caaren and stick approach. It has always worked. We're seeing it happen in San Francisco. We saw how it worked in Austin and San Diego and other places that are quote unquote left wing cities when they pull the politics out of.
Speaker 1: It and just do the basics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe Getty, the other half of the Armstrong and Getty shows on vacation, he just called him a little bit ago. He's just Northia and Vancouver right now, and he is talking about seeing people shooting up on the street and it's amazing how many these just some of the most beautiful cities in the world, decided.
Speaker 1: To allow this to happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is the ideology at play. So what he saw what so many of us see as a direct result of two different policies. Number one is harm reduction, which I know you've talked about before. I think you and I have talked about this before. Harm reduction, for those of you who don't know, is basically a policy that says we are going to quote unquote reduce the harm of illicit substance abuse. And that has meant giving out clean needles, because the idea is that instead of sharing needles where you can spread bloodborne diseases, it's clean. You're cutting that down while you're trying to get the person help that they need, the detox that they need, the treatment that they need. This is true of fentanal pipes. They get passed around all these other things. The problem is, ideologically, there is this belief that if you even offer someone services for detox quote unquote before they're ready you're stigmatizing the addiction and then they're not going to get the help that they need. It's total nonsense, and frankly, I don't even care if it creates stigma. I want to stigmatize people who are illicit drug of users because.
Speaker 4: They've sricitize them to my kids every single day, ye one hundred.
Speaker 8: But they no longer offer the treatment and they no longer have any sort of push and so what this policy has just become is just handing out needles and handing out pipes. The other thing is housing first policy, which is why homelessness doesn't actually get better. Housing first to the left is that you put them inside of a home or a shelter, low barrier, meaning if they're drug users, they can continue to use drugs. You want to get them indoors first and then offer them the treatment. But the exact same issue, they're not being offered the treatment, they're not being compelled into treatment as a condition of getting the free subsidized housing, and what it ends up becoming is permanent subsidized housing, so they're still the underlying reasons for their homelessness has not been treated. So just allowed them to continue using inside a permanently subsidized housing unit that eventually they will die of an overdose. Inside it's incredibly expensive. No one gets the help that they need. They're never going to become self sufficient. It doesn't really make any sense.
Speaker 4: Well, I talk about this a lot on the show. I'm a sober alcoholic twenty years and I hang around that crowd a lot, and most people don't want to stop drinking or doing drugs. That's the problem. Most people people want to stuff. So the idea that we need to get them help, most people don't want help exactly.
Speaker 8: They're so into their into the depths of their addiction they do not know what's best for them, which is why I would argue there's a moral responsibility for society to step in and help, especially when we're dealing with homeless people who don't have connection to family, don't have friends who are able to step in, and we see this happen all the time. If you are so deep in your addiction that you continue to say no to offers of help because of that addiction, and who's supposed to step.
Speaker 1: In and help these people?
Speaker 8: Then that this idea all when they're ready, we want them to know that we're they're never going to be ready.
Speaker 1: They are never going to be ready.
Speaker 8: If you're already homeless, living outside and you're a drug addict and nothing has changed, you've already hit rock bottom. So the next rock bottom that they're going to hit is death, and I would rather us get involved before that death happens.
Speaker 4: What do you think we ought to do with the people who've ruined their brains, who honestly are never going to be productive members of society ever. Again, they probably couldn't hold the job. They're not dead yet, but I mean you see them on the street corners all the time. They could never get their act together.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 4: Do we just bite the bullet, realize we made a mistake and pay for them the rest of their lives.
Speaker 8: I have no problem putting folks in permanent subsidies. If they're in that camp. That is a small group, but they absolutely exist. Now, you don't completely give up on them, right, It's not just giving them, you know, free housing and that's it. You still have to put them into treatment as best as we can and hope that you're going to get some sort of results. That represents a small percentage of the people who are homeless, so the costs associated with that I think societally is worth it. It's everyone else who does not need to be sort of this foregone conclusion that they're never going to get better, that you can't get them the treatment that they need. It might take a lot of time and effort, right, I don't think that this happens overnight.
Speaker 1: I don't think it happens within a few months for most people.
Speaker 8: But I think it's worth spending the money to get at the root cause. If the end goal is to truly get them clean and sober, or get their mental health issues treated, whatever it is. Sometimes it's as simple as getting them education and connecting them with jobs. For some people, it's making sure they have access to a shower so that when they show up for a job interview that they're actually qualified for, they're not going to immediately be dismissed. Some of it is relatively cheap in the context of government spending. Some of it is really expensive, but it's better than allowing these people to just die on our streets or give up on them and say we're never going to get them the help that they need.
Speaker 1: I just reject that completely.
Speaker 4: Before we let you go. I've been asking everybody this today. You think the socialists are going to take over the Democratic Party or have they already?
Speaker 8: I mean, the base of the Democratic Party is being taken over by socialists and communists, There's no doubt about that. And you know, you had a bunch of we'll just call them the quote unquote mainstream Democrats who decided to embrace these folks because they're so desperate for power. Broken by Donald Trump, they need to get power at by any means necessary, including giving the nomination and the support of the party to a dude with a Nazi tattoo. And I think they're so desperate at this point they don't realize and haven't realized what they've done. I think they're going to find out rather quickly. Hawkeem Jeffries and Chuck Schumer certainly will. You've got people who are taking over the New York Democrats, and you think they're going to just go ahead and give the thumbs up to Hakim Jeffries as speaker with asking or demanding some sort of concessions. There was a lot of problems with the Republican Party when the Tea Party took over as far as the infighting, this is going to be way worse for Democrats, and you're dealing with people who fundamentally do not like this country. And the only way to look at this glass half full as an American who doesn't want to see our country destroyed is to say, at least these people hate Israel more than they hate the United States, and they might get distracted by a member of Congress who has the Star of David around his neck as they're walking by, so they might not destroy the country fast in that regard. So we have some time here, but at least we're not losing Republican seats to all of this. We're seeing, you know, Congressman Goldman lose, We're seeing Esplot lose. Those are progressive Democrats who are losing, and we're probably going to pick up some seats because these socialists do not win in swing districts.
Speaker 4: Jason Rant's a good dude. You see him on Fox. If you're in Seattle, you already know he's great on the radio. Appreciate your time to day.
Speaker 1: Jason, Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's really really good and he was our boss for a while. Just a fantastic guy. I can vouch for him personally. I want to tell you about incognity real quick. You get lots of calls, we all do, or I did you know. You get a call and you don't recognize the number and you think it's probably a spam call or somebody trying to rip you off, and it is a spam call, and it is somebody trying to rip you off, and you get a lot less of them. If you sign up with Incogny and cognate, can get your name off of these data brokers. That's what they do. You know, criminals can buy your phone number and your family details from data brokers right now. Then they you know, if they can get a hold of your voice or your kid's voice, or your mom's voice or anything like that, they can hoodwink you into giving them money. There's all kinds of horrible things that can happen with AI. You can't stop them from cloning your kid's voice. You can make sure that they never get your number in the first place. And that's done with Incogni's help, a website you can use to put data brokers unnoticed. They use the law on their side. They contact hundreds of data brokers and force them to delete your personal info. It costs about seven dollars a month. It's worth every single penny use in Cogni. We're big believers. We got a lot more on the way. I hope you can stay here. We're gonna talk about those gop ones for kids. Stay tuned.
Speaker 9: He finally, a personal trainer in England recently set a world record by eating one hundred and sixty two oreos in five minutes. It was the record for worst personal trainer.
Speaker 4: No kidding, thanks for that. I've been looking into this story all day long. By the way, I'm working with pink eye, so you should give me some cut me some sly. Conjunctivitis is that the word for it? When did the doctors say I had eye pain? My eye is not pink? About when you got pink eye? Your eye turn pink. Had eye pain, which of course is troubling. Your eye is not supposed to hurt. I got this conjunctivitis, which apparently is very very contagious. Well, you gotta worry is catching it in the other eye, So you gotta worry about rubbing your eye with it, and then rubbing your other eye, and then you give it to that eye. Now, let alone to your family and friends. That's why I'm working from home today. I didn't come into work so I wouldn't give Michael pink eye. Then he takes it home and gives it to his cats, and then all ol breaks. Look, I appreciate you doing that. You wouldn't want to give the pink eye to your cats. Speaking of health, the Wall Street Journal about how people are starting to use the golp ones or doctors are prescribing them for kids, including really young kids. I got a nine year old here opens The article opens with al because the kids laying on the floor and getting his regular stomach injection of the weight loss drug. My kids are a little older than that now, but they wouldn't have at any point really enjoyed getting a shot in the stomach, and I wouldn't have enjoyed given it to them. But for or parents and kids where traditional weight loss methods haven't worked that we all know there's an epidemic of obesity at all ages, including for kids. Even though elementary schoolers are being put on drugs such as Wagovi, prescribing it is somewhat controversial because they don't it's not. The drugs aren't yet approved for obesity in patients as young. I don't know what approved means, but a doctor can write a prescription for it, so it's approved enough, I guess. Without further studies, it isn't certain that young children can safely use the medications for weight loss without compromising a critical period of growth for their bones and brain. Gotta tell you, I'd be pretty hesitant as a parent to start my kids on this, given the fact that they're so new for adults, and we have no idea what it does to a kid who's you know, As my doctor once said, the human body is a pretty amazing machine that has been a evolving for a long time, and it'll most of the time, when it's working correctly, give you a little more of this little less that keep every inner testosterone and your various in all your different vital numbers and all that sort of stuff stay in the normal range for most of us all the time. Well, if you start injecting things like gop ones into the body, how the body then compensates for that to try to get back to normal in various ways your brain or your body. We don't have the slightest idea. But then I'm looking at a picture these two kids that they've got here. One's eight, one nine. They're very heavy kids and be a rough way to be for a variety of reasons, and certainly not healthy. Well, we'll all find out together, won't we, whether these drugs are good for us or not, and whether or not insurance is going to cover it and the price comes down, and all those different issues around that. We got another hour to go, probably take a look at some of those Supreme Court cases that have come down that we haven't even touched on yet. Supreme Court in June every year releases a whole bunch of cases before they take a recess before coming back in October. And a bunch of rulings came down today, a lot of them super technical stuff that aren't that interesting, but a couple of them are, and we'll run through those. United States plays Turkey tonight in soccer, meaningless game but still exciting. Got a lot more on the way. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and Getty