Speaker 1: Who's that knocking at the door. It's all your friends. You've filthy horse, your husband's gone, and we've got books and a bottle of wine to kill. It's Hollywood, it's books, it's gossip. I'm sure it's memoir, it's Martini. Celebrity Book Club, Read it while it's hot.
Speaker 2: Celebrity poop Club. Tell your secrets.
Speaker 1: We won't talk celebrity books.
Speaker 3: No boys are a loud celebrity book say it loud and cloud Celebrity book Club.
Speaker 2: Buzz me in. I brought the queer voe. Hi boss friend, what's upstairs?
Speaker 1: What's up your fucking bitch?
Speaker 2: Like? And not much but everything. I'm like, so busy. I'm so busy. Looks so fucking glamorous today.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm just trying to keep it low key but high key for the office and be appropriate but sexy.
Speaker 2: I love how you're pairing a vintage prep Pulo Ralph Lauren double RL country belt with a little kind of totally like cool chain with Island cheapies and like a glam acoust top.
Speaker 1: That's ti.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's high Hello, but what's up with you? I'm exhausted, I'm so busy. I was out of so many events last night.
Speaker 1: I actually felt so spoiler alert Rachel, so coming to our place of work today because I drove your butted has on to fit here from the traffic was absolutely in soon and it was just like the Midtown Tunnel is most insane contraption ever engineered.
Speaker 2: Wait, sorry, bebe before it gets like warm. Yeah, good conversation always goes best over chilled bubbling.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's an amazing because it's the tiniest bottle of MOI amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just like actually had them left over from an event.
Speaker 1: Oh, were you doing an event at home? Are you doing an event at your workspace? Which is actually the same thing.
Speaker 2: I was doing an event workspace, And it's always good to have if you're having ten people over order for fifteen. So of course, yeah, I had ton of these really cute and Mowa mini bottles to give out his gifts.
Speaker 1: Mini bottles are so fun because you're so generous because everybody gets their own individual.
Speaker 2: Believe you're not fighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's nothing worse than girls fighting over a bottle of champagne.
Speaker 2: And it's just a little accents that make you feel welcome at an event.
Speaker 1: So just what did that rent you? What is a mini bottle of moeut run?
Speaker 2: To be perfectly honest, I did buy this in mentim for recording when you said you were late. This is twenty for one bottle twenty for a while, and then I was like, what's the big bottle and he was like seventy nine.
Speaker 1: I was like like, that's fucking random.
Speaker 2: That's fucking random. But I was also like, these mini balls are so shit.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, because it's like, by the end of a bottle of champagne, it's not fizzy anymore. And it's like, yeah, what's the point, literally, what's the point? So just get mini's?
Speaker 2: Can I ask our engineer, would you like a little splash? I felt so, But he.
Speaker 1: Is getting naughty, all right, ladies, wow, And this is the perfect amount for three people, one bottle, three girls, and then we'll open another one in like okay, okay, cheer cheers to Midtown to Midtown.
Speaker 2: No, the bubbles are that's not bad, not bad at all.
Speaker 1: I mean Moe does a great classic classic standard. It gets the job done. It's light, it's got those citrus notes on the back, it's a little bit of rosemary so.
Speaker 2: Much champagne, this headache, and a bottle I find.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, babe, let's just get fucking into it. Like I don't how much time I have, so many evens tonight.
Speaker 1: This is hell week for me and I need all hands on deck. Who are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Obviously obviously we've already said her name we were talking about, yes, I just found it today or co worker at my heart.
Speaker 1: She has a podcast which I'm sure you haven't heard. She is the inventor of a decade to call the two thousands.
Speaker 2: She literally invented metallic flats, hobo bags, oversized sunglasses, the.
Speaker 1: Store kits, and Misha Barton paraceltics.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Garner, Sol mahay X, Lindsey fucking low Hands.
Speaker 1: Probably one of the most prominent, not the most, like prominent stylist. I would say, like, of all time.
Speaker 2: You think stylists, you think it's so funny if you went to Miriam dash, Webster, Dot fucking Calm and after you were looking up the word dishy where you found the definition is us and you headed over to stylist.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm sure there would be a sentence also pulled in The New York Times about how Rachel Zoe is a stylist is the Stars, Yeah, of course we're talking about none other than.
Speaker 2: Rachel Zoe and Harbuck Style.
Speaker 1: The Art of Fashion, Beauty and Everything Glamour by Rachel Zoe with Rose Appadocca.
Speaker 2: Huge blurb on the front from none other than Nina Garcia of l and Project Frontway.
Speaker 1: Oh mine doesn't have a blurbarde Oh.
Speaker 2: And it says a great god for personal style, Thank you Nina.
Speaker 1: Oh mine has stuff on the back. Oh has that thing from Nina. And it also has a quote from Live Tyler. I think it's important to allow yourself this lift tire us. It's more baby. I think it's important, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's it is a little baby like. It's it's Paige rox Manning is coming to Umpire Records tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. It's pillowy, you know what I mean. It's like and Rachel's so good at that. She helps bring out your inner style by guiding you through looks that drop from the classics but are also so modern in every way. She's taught me so much about the power of accessories too. I always have so much homeworker there. And if there's one thing that she knows, it's the power of accessories.
Speaker 2: First off, in this book, it blew my mind. You know, some people say start dressing from the shoes. Some people say start dressing from you know, the dress, or you know.
Speaker 1: I usually start with pants, but sometimes I'm turning with like a pants shoe combo. And then of course everything changes six times and.
Speaker 2: Right, and then it's tops everywhere, And honestly, I usually start from the top.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Rachel Zoe says start from accessories.
Speaker 1: Because she's an insane accessories sound all right, should we do an accessories check because people kind of dressed.
Speaker 2: Up for us, like kind of the whole outfit and accessories. But okay, and you know, if we're talking about the way, she also says like men should success arise. It's always like simple and strong and rugged and like shouldn't be too glam.
Speaker 1: But it's also like she's so aware where like a silver because she's.
Speaker 2: Like, I love when my six rings and they're so cheesy and she's like, I love my husband. No husband, Roger wears like a cardier like ring that has like skull bones and like guns on it, and you're like, okay, this is so la and like cheesy. Okay. I am wearing my standard silver Figato chains silver necklace. I am wearing also a Figaro silver bracelet. I am wearing my classic grandfather's watch that is Diego Latour that is the original sixties memo Vox with kind of a black and gold band. I love classic piece of classic pieces with rock and roll.
Speaker 1: I think about vintage, look for stains and look for good materials.
Speaker 2: And then I threw in this ring that actually my girlfriend's mother gave me.
Speaker 1: That seems like a massive black. This is a.
Speaker 2: Massive black that's what was in their family. And I've always been afraid of rings, but I was like access rights. It's a massive black golden onyx ring with like a kind of looking Julius Caesar figures etched in. If you can take it off here too, it's a big leg right on hunking this kind of car.
Speaker 1: It's in gray into the stone. Is this kind of Roman profile figure. Huh. It's a little beat up, but that's what's so beautiful, so vintage. It tells us story.
Speaker 2: When I go to Decade's my favorite vintage store. In Melrose. This whole book is about the store decades, and then I'm doing this super breezy because it's kind of humid. This beautiful Italian nitpolo I'm wearing, and then just basic block jeans and then vintage paraboots.
Speaker 1: It's interesting you wore jeans. And we'll get to the forty pages on Dunhim and her incredibly schizophrenic opinions about the concept of Dunhim and the world of Dunham. I went completely insane today.
Speaker 2: All you look insane, but also like but it's.
Speaker 1: Like almost kind of works in this way where because I wanted to be insane, but like just insane enough that like maybe you're like, okay, actually maybe you can just rock that outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm wearing my John Fluvog Lug Souls, which I keep thinking of my labooks because they just are kind of labuoki. They're just like a heavy brick pattern, wide like ag house jeans, braided brown leather belt. Yeah. I'm mixing brown and black shoes and belt. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the rules throw them out.
Speaker 1: Cropped ex house tea silver chain that I got in Barcelona, dead stock, Carl Lagerfeld massive watch with a blue ceramic face.
Speaker 2: That took me back to you because I would say, like you were trying to be so rigels though in high school, because you were like, boh, yeah, you in this big, like flashy Carl liverpoold watch is taking me back, and I think it's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's a gift from friend of the pod Arabella, because she used to design for Carl's like airport line. And obviously when it's hit dead sec, I mean, like the watch is dead and it's not telling time, and it's.
Speaker 2: This like really two thousand and nine hue of like metal. It's kind of gun metal.
Speaker 1: It's kind of dark gun metal. And then it has this like cobalt face. And then I'm wearing my like see through glasses like Bedford Bedford half a new glasses that I'm also wearing Vermont knit hat, then a long scar and then my Diesel hoodie. It's just about showing as many layers and objects as possible. Oh and I'm wearing pukashells and two gold necklaces.
Speaker 2: And then she says, right with puka shells, I love island chepies. Yeah, she was like, Okay, here's the thing about traveling and I love going to St. Barts and she's always been like a don Over pipe but underpack and like brigle. But all I'm wearing is a Cardia bracelet, a Rolex my engagement and wedding rings. Of course I die.
Speaker 1: So it's so crazy that they got divorced, like last month.
Speaker 2: I know this episode's be so hot.
Speaker 1: How did she know that we were about to read her book from like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: It's really so insane because it's like she's just not been in the news at all, and then it's just Rachel and Roger divorce have for thirty three years.
Speaker 1: And now it's so seasoned she's getting divorced. We're reading her book like it's.
Speaker 2: We're realizing she's our coworker. Like you know, it's like I watched you know, we all remember the Zo Project, which is now streaming. You can watch it on Peacock.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was watching an Amazon like pain per episode.
Speaker 2: Saba, if you're money for vintage.
Speaker 1: I mean, reality TV in the early two thousands was so fucking good and it will never be that good, you know.
Speaker 2: And I was discussing this my lever why is so good? And it was like we could just watch Zoe and there was drama, but it's not just real. It's real. Well I wouldn't say some all the dramas so.
Speaker 1: Produced, but it's I'm saying the people who are on the show did not grow up watching reality television, so they haven't like become these weird archetypal characters in their head where it's like when you watch The Bachelor. Now, all these girls grew up watching The Bachelor, like they don't have.
Speaker 2: Real they grew up literally at this point, watching their grandmother's like be on the Bachelor, and it's like they're not all fighting in the same way, you know, of like I mean we talked about this all the time of like obviously it's always you know, first season Top Model, but it's just raw and like it is a little more meditative to just like watch Zoe be like babe, I want a new couch. Yeah, not just constant We're going to a big empty restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the way and the way that's it's not just a constant like interior shots and like just drone shots of kitchens and.
Speaker 2: Like couches and huge eyelands. I'm like, hey, I wanted to talk to you about something. But it did start. I want to talk to you about something.
Speaker 1: It did invent I want to talk to you about something.
Speaker 2: Sure, curR and Roger kind of have this like beautiful, kind of like chill tense but like sexy relationship.
Speaker 1: Her gay husband seems really supportive, and he's this just like kind of sea crusty but like with long hair, very almost Ryan Cabrera.
Speaker 2: It's a very Cabrera. And he's being so like waffle knit ed, hardy rocker tea over flare jeans chains.
Speaker 1: The episode I was watching, like episode two, and like she's talking about patting these dresses so Deborah Messing can try them on for the side.
Speaker 2: This whole book is about Deborah Messing.
Speaker 1: Deborah Messin's her masterpiece. Yeah, but she's like, we need the hero address and they're in her kitchen and he's just like, what do you mean it's a hero? Why is it a hero? And then she goes, don't do that, don't mock what I don't and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, babe, you know, I support you. But then we'll cut to them like at like Shotateau and like she's so also like it was the air of inventing Starbucks, massive venting, always her like tiny tiny hands wrapped around Halloween style of venting. And she's like, I'm just scared of like debuting my like line of like cheap sunglasses with my name on it. And he's like, here's the thing, babe, Like you're amazing.
Speaker 1: Sortive.
Speaker 2: So it is like he is roasting her, being like what do you mean, hero, What do I.
Speaker 1: Think went wrong? After thirty three years and three beautiful children?
Speaker 2: This is my theory And I wrote this not at the top of my notes that I was like, there's a certain type of popular girl in college that like with her like cool boyfriend that everyone does love who was a little bit gay.
Speaker 1: Wow, the tea that was just absolutely spilt in this office.
Speaker 2: And she is that girl. And everyone is like, oh, we actually love Roger more than Rachel, you know, y, Like.
Speaker 1: She actually she really found a good one because she can.
Speaker 2: Be Fulca's usually I hate him, I hate him, and then there's one who's like, no, I love him, and I think she's honestly, she did so well in her career. Yeah, because I'll say this, she wasn't like focused on looking for dick.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really true.
Speaker 2: And I think she could focus on hero dresses. Yeah, because just like he was there and like being her rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because let's just say it. She's not just successful in the way we think of success today where it just seems like, oh, she has money, she has she has not already she invented a whole era of celebrities. She was really good at what she did, and she understood that, like these girls she was creating their red carpet looks like had to be subtle and on point, and there was this whole like economy that was not very populous, Like there was no social media, so it was all like the fashion place.
Speaker 2: It was fashion Police, right or online yeah, this weekly.
Speaker 1: And like it was more hierarchical and more top down, so like there was less room for air. And she took people who were basic and had no like Deborah Messy and Jennifer Garner are two of my favorite people in the world. But they're not like so basic, they're insanely basic. They're not like people. She took them and she was like, I'm going to subtly make them incredibly consistently glamorous and like give them literally a twenty year career. Because of the way they look at a series of events over the course of five years in the early two thousands, like she did that. She did that.
Speaker 2: Because imagine, look what Deborah is doing now.
Speaker 1: She's just like in the idef she said, yeah, she's literally and she looks me and those fatigues.
Speaker 2: No baggy fatigues. Little change, but.
Speaker 1: Like Garner has still even though like Garner kind of hasn't been in anything good since Alias and is only in weird Christian movies that like no one sees.
Speaker 2: Right that been like The Dog Flew Over the Moon, she.
Speaker 1: Still thought of as like an A list like star who's just like totally, like absolutely has prestige.
Speaker 2: And she talks about styling Jennifer for the Alias premieres, and it's like something because it's like she's literally in so many costumes Alias. But then when she is so jeans and basic and Christian like out of it, and it's like Zo made her glam and when she wasn't also doing the Dubras, she was making like Lindsay lohand be even more Lindsay Lohan than Lindsay Lohan was, and was like, we're making her look like Norma Jean, We're doing old school Maryland, Marylyn, and.
Speaker 1: She did fucking know Cole Richie. She did all the thing girls who were just like bow hold out.
Speaker 2: The who yeah, boho bags, metallic jewelry, she created ten dollars dress Jimmy two heels. No one else was saying H and M dress Chanel.
Speaker 1: Belts before that drink every time in this book that H and M is mentioned.
Speaker 2: This book is about H and M.
Speaker 1: That's like a high low kind of thing. Because H and M was so ubiquitous in two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Oh my god when it dropped and we would go, I mean remember we read aw how we were in downtown Box every much every weekend.
Speaker 1: I was never not there. And I remember because I discovered H and M in Sweden.
Speaker 2: Actually probably came back when you came OUs bisexual and we're like, Lily, I'm bisexual and you need to meet me at the store inchin them.
Speaker 1: And then they opened an H and M in Boston like later that year. After I gone on my youth like youth exchange trip to Stockholm christ Missionary trip when I was fourteen, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, so I love also have this book. Like it starts in this very chan stick in some way, just like I was a girl who collected magazines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she loved fashion. She was on the floor, so I came right out of my mother's room and into her closet. I swear her closet is my earliest memory as a young girl. I thought she epitomized glammer. Everything about her was and still is beautiful. Her hair, her jewelry, her shoes. My sister and I would rifle through her things all the time. So my fondest memory to the three of us, sprawled out on our bed, we'd spread out her boxes the kind you find it the hardware sort of organized nails, but are perfect for the endless inventory of jewelry she collected. She's got this big, like orange plastic box. I'm guessing parents sound really chic.
Speaker 2: Like she has photos of her mom and like they're pretty fab.
Speaker 1: And she like saves up to go to the West Village and buy a two hundred dollars vintage coat in like nineteen seventy one or whatever.
Speaker 2: The school trip, and everyone else is buying like postcards, and she literally like heads the West.
Speaker 1: Fell and she starts like learning about Halston at age thirteen and is like wearing headbands and being like, I'm a glamor girl. I celebrate American designer.
Speaker 2: No. I was like, you're literally so me going to the Gianni Versace store in downtown Boston at age eleven, being.
Speaker 1: Just like, that's so crazy, literally such a fashion hound.
Speaker 2: One of her biggest tips it's for stylists but also all people in this book, which I think is so true, especially in our online world. I mean, this is so pre online is like, get to know your boutiques and like, get to know the big stores like shop is research, Like it's literally fine, like go shopping. You don't have to buy anything, go and try a bunch of stuff on. Yeah, get to know your salespeople. They'll let you know when sales are coming. And she was like, now, even in Santa Fe, there's amazing local boutiques.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do feel that way, and in times in my life when I've been more regular customers at certain boutiques, I do feel a certain sense of knowledge that I'm getting that I wouldn't get elsewhere. Yeah, I'm also feeling a certain sense of spending money.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's a sense of being rich. And of course I think it's like if you have the money to spend. That gives you the power to go in and not spend. Sorry, I just shook.
Speaker 1: Myself for race see and the bombs you're dropping today. The power to spend is the power and not spend. That is so true because when you don't have a ton of money.
Speaker 2: To go in and be like, oh, thank you so much, No, sir, I don't even try it all.
Speaker 1: It's the rat race and you feel like you can't go in because you can't buy, and then if you do go in, you're like, well, I have to buy. And the real power is knowing that you aren't gonna buy because you can.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm just being like I just want to see how it fit and I'll think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then you're not like insecure about them, worrying that you're poor, and just like being a teen who's in here for shits and kicks.
Speaker 2: Oh you think this is funny?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, you're gonna make me run around because like you know that they know that you could come back at any time and up Chase Sapphire preferred like it's nobody's business.
Speaker 2: Not the prefer that lets you into the lounge, but preferred nonetheless so right, she loves Holston's her first love, which is like so fab then Valentino. So I also had no idea. Before she became Rituals of Stylist the Stars, she was the fashion editor and one of my favorite magazines, Why am.
Speaker 1: Oh and Wyam is one of those like smaller sized magazines.
Speaker 2: It used to be big and then it went small and then it just went over. Yeah, my sister and I would buy like seventeen wym. It was like the classic like teen magazine that had the embarrassing stories about like getting your period on a guy and then quizzes and like an article and then like fashion spreads that were so like Cosmo for teens because yeah, and it was like sex advice and like how to put in a tampon, Like everything was just like I have seven tampons in me at once.
Speaker 1: I loved teen Vogue, which I subscribed to for a while as an actual teen, and that was small. That was small, and like tvag was cool because it was very like the magazine Jennifer Garner comes up with at the end of thirteen going up three, like it was always it was more positive and like collages of like interiors like there was just like a lot of like overall design inspiration in that magazine, and I didn't feel like it was too prescriptive. It didn't feel too like girl like, oh, I'm not allowed to read this because I'm a boy. And it wasn't so period stories.
Speaker 2: Also as like maybe she left y m teen. Vogue came about when we were like fifteen, sixteen and more was like you are teen, you have power to like shop them thrill.
Speaker 1: And they were doing like actual editorials, like actual fashion spreads, because I don't think Wyam was really doing that, I.
Speaker 2: Know when I was like fashion es. Yeah, it was very like this girls wearing maybe like a roxy tank candy sneakers, like a denim shrug. We should look up what her spread shrug. She's always just like how glamorous does Deborah Messing?
Speaker 1: Look at this her shrug and you know what she does. So then she starts working at Halston. She gets like a job like archiving in Halston, which is such a dream for her literal dream, and she kind of works your way U very quickly. It's one of those things where like when you're getting into an industry in the seventies and eighties, nineties, like I'll say it, if you are like interested in something, you can kind of just hop in. Like there isn't so much competition because it's pre Internet and you're not like competing against a thousand interns, and like if you actually care and you're hungry, like you'll be wanted and you'll be Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if you pound on the door in this very like kind of eighties way and like write your big letter on scented paper and legally blonde, Yeah, how did you get your CNN internship?
Speaker 1: You know? It's funny. Actually I had a teacher at NYU who had worked at CNN, and he like taught this class on the news media, and like he encouraged me to apply for the internship. I think like wrote a letter or whatever, and like I got it. I'm not sure how competitive it was, but that's.
Speaker 2: What I'm thinking about the competition where it was like when I applied to my Springer internship.
Speaker 1: I do think it because I did go to NYU, and like, I think part of what you're paying for and by you, I mean my parents is like the internship office, because it's like then I got the CBS News internship, I got the w it's made for Internet. So they just kind of were like, here are the internships you could apply for, and then you apply for it and you got it. But obviously it's like enormously talented, and you're enormously talented and was built for news. I also lied on.
Speaker 2: My internship application period two Springer and said I had interned for a close friend's father.
Speaker 1: I mean, I led in my internship to n YU.
Speaker 2: So you guys, I lie.
Speaker 1: I said that I was treasurer of the art club, but like I was treasurer of my own art club, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I was shopping, Yeah, Celebrity book Club.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's archiving for Halston.
Speaker 1: Like wait, I always love the popping cork on a bottle of champagne. In that very instant, the loud seems to signal a crazy burst of excitement, conjuring all kinds of thrills, Stepping out your front door with the biggest smile and highest heels, hanging out with your favorite people and laughing until it hurts, jetting away from home to an even more thrilling place, living it up because you're truly alive. There's an intrinsic change to those three very simple words, living it up. It's about being happy, positive, alive. There's something so h can the brevity of the phrase, as if it were a synonym for style itself. On those nights when we live it up, we feel our most glamorous, are most confident.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean eryod literally period.
Speaker 1: This book to me is a little bit like if Lauren Conrad like was educated. Yes, because Lauren Conrade's book is almost written by like an alien. This book is lives inside a Walmart and like Rachel so like is smart, but like she is, like it's this basic manifesto and she's just like this is what girls want. Ladies like we watch sex in the city, we want heels.
Speaker 2: We're glamorous. Like. It's also very this response to like this nineties like, oh so we're all in casual trainers now No, Like I would say one of the biggest thesis I took away from this is just be glamorous and like always, no matter the occasion. And she goes through many occasions, but it's like show respect to the event and person you are seeing by dressing fabulous.
Speaker 1: I totally agree with that. There's also a theory that I'm just perklating right now. I think we've heard somewhere else too, though, But like, if you think about the nineties as being a time of like really intense casualness and the evolution of style. Yeah, so you have like there's that pood. Do you want to go jet off somewhere with your best friends and left till it hurts?
Speaker 2: Yea? And I want a pack, I don't know, something for single girlfriends, tons of cool frocks, short heels.
Speaker 1: So I think the nineties were this time of like basically we reached the peak of casualness in the course of fashion history. So on the one hand, it's like people were just being comfortable going out in yoga pants and like exercise where which hadn't really happened, I mean sort of happened like in the eighties. Yeah, and then like you had like grunge and then like American sports wearing Tommy Hill figure and like the urban revolution and logos and so like casualness was becoming like more of like a thing that like people could do as like an intentional look, as an outfit. But as the new millennium rolls around, there becomes this reaction and I think if you look in fashion history, and have heard this before that every turn of the century fashion gets a little more conservative again and empire wastes come back.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: It's like almost like this reset, people like, oh, we're going back in time, like we need to like be like Edwardian again. And so I I think there's a little bit of that and her being this creature of the two thousands, there's a slight reaction against the casualness of the nineties.
Speaker 2: Also not even casual, but I would say the high prep of it all right, because if we're looking at like just like the casual office and like the gapness of everything of being like I'm in like khakis. M Obviously there was a lot of people who weren't being khakis in the nineties, but it's like khakis were around and big, and then it's like two thousands is like we're actually rockers, but rockers not in a grungeway rock gun.
Speaker 1: It's getting more form fitting. Well, this actually is interesting because it gets back into the history of pants, which I looked into for that article I wrote a year ago for Mister Porter. But like how the mail leg and showing the male leg became more common as we moved away from the Renaissance era, and like it became about like men showing their masculinity and different through the leg and differentiating themselves from the boys. And there's scrawny little chicken legs and big.
Speaker 2: Shorts and it's like, right now, we're in this insane pants revolution that's rejecting Rachel's Doe's era.
Speaker 1: And yet it's ironically embracing rachel' z Tho's era. I know point now where every size of pant can be rocked.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't think super skinny, even though so many people are doing it. Still.
Speaker 1: I think like men who are would be qualified as fashionable in today's modern times are not doing super skinny, but they are doing somewhat skinny. There's a skinny slim.
Speaker 2: She loves stove pipe harres.
Speaker 1: To jetting off with your goal to jetting off.
Speaker 2: When she says something so funny in this book where she's like we all have like our problem areas and like places in our body we hate, she goes even supermodel and then she goes, don't roll your eyes, which I was obsessed with. Yeah, she was like, don't roll your eyes. That like super you know, Nicole Richie may hate her arms.
Speaker 1: Well, she also calls herself curvy though.
Speaker 2: No, it's the which is the most shocking.
Speaker 1: But then I was thinking how the word curvy has evolved, because now curvy means like the plus size market. Yeah, and that's been something that like I've been at the forefront of, like someone who is like branded plus size women's clothing companies where it's like we say the curve market now, but it's like curvy. Why does curvy mean big? Because I could draw a line on this piece of paper. Okay, that's a curve. That's not big, that's thin.
Speaker 2: Because it's meaning right hips, but you can have a pretty snatched waist in a huge ass.
Speaker 1: Like am I people, I am actually curvy, literally thin and curvy, because you do have hips. I have hips. I'm like literally thinn and curvy, So what about me?
Speaker 2: No, And honestly, I would say, like I'm sturdy, not curvy. I think, like I don't think. I mean, yeah, when I had like big old titties, like maybe that was curvy.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't say you have an hour glass figure? No, and I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I wouldn't say I have like such a don't.
Speaker 1: Drop like you qualify as the curve market.
Speaker 2: Right like I probably would when I'm shopping for basics. This is such an amazing quote. If you show up looking a bit more glad than the rest, what's the worst case scenario? You look the best in the room.
Speaker 1: Okay, I kind of take issue with this, though.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about this because I feel like it's something that I.
Speaker 1: Think there's something so embarrassing when you arrive, when you're super dressed up at everyone's so casual in a fucking heather hoodie.
Speaker 2: Well she says, you have an ow you can say, I'm going somewhere else after this. And that happened to me once when I was going to an engagement party and I went to just like an airbrush event at Singers before and everyone was like, oh my god, you look amazing, Like why are you in a blazer?
Speaker 1: But you were going I literally was.
Speaker 2: And I got to just go to everyone I've been after this. This is a reading. Consider the time, and at Sunday at four pm, chances are it's not a black taieth ad. If it's a Saturday night weddings after six pm, it most certainly calls for a formal looks a weekend brunch or an afternoon tea, celebrating a birthday or baby shower, calls for a little dress, stay away from satin or other shiny fabrics per day, and resist black. I love black, but during the day, go with some color. If prefer darker shades, then try navy or brown or deep jewel tone, but generally I prefer white, creams or even.
Speaker 1: Pastels jewel tone.
Speaker 2: And then she's like, jeans are fine, but skip the scruffy T shirt for a halter or a puncho. If it's a pool party, do not forget to cover up, be it a calftan or oversized scarf. No one really wants to see her bare booty, regardless how fabulous it is. While they're digging into their dinner. She kind of is always like, don't show cleavage, but like, don't show too much leg.
Speaker 1: And this comes back to this sort of turn of the century like conservatism reaction area that I'm talking about. But I do think that maybe like that is changing now. We're almost like wearing a button down with jeans versus wearing a ratty T shirt with jeans. The ratty T shirt actually looks cooler. Yeah, because the button down with jeans, like there's something that's trying so hard. Where's a button down with dress pants? Is like, oh, you're so confident to wear this, to wear this.
Speaker 2: Yes, because something about the button down with jeans is a little bit like o gray, like here's a meeting.
Speaker 1: What's interesting is they almost do think that fashion has become more costume me in the past fifteen years, and like everyone is basically kind of in a costume now.
Speaker 2: But couldn't you see that in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Well no, because the seventies literally was the seventies. But you know, but now people are dressing like they're in a seventies I was. You go to Dimes Square of Silver, like, and everyone looks like they're in Fleetwood Mac and they're wearing like the tightest little T shirt and my pants.
Speaker 3: Ya.
Speaker 2: No. I saw a girl the other day in an event and she was dressed like full almost famous, and that I found actually like sad and embarrassing. Where I was like, you could have nodded to the seventies. You could have done like flares and a top, but like the full patches of flowers on the hat.
Speaker 1: Right, You're like, what about this metallic.
Speaker 2: Flats, metallic plots, hobo bag with fringe, like be a little bit rocker. I think it's like to the over dressing point is like, it's more just like dressed to have fun, and I think people will see that if you're having fun, they'll have fun.
Speaker 1: Broach the subject. You have no idea how many times in my line of work a broach has saved the day. Nicole Richie and I were in Las Vegas for an event, just time that events are referred to as an event.
Speaker 2: Which is by the way, listening to her podcast today, she literally said she grew tired of events, which is so crazy because this whole book is about her going to events.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine ever going to kind of events, and if I do, take me out back, shoot me. Nicole rich and I were in Las Vegas for an event, already on her way to the party when she realized the dress she was wearing was too constricting to dance in. This dawned on her as we were walking through the forum shops at Caesar's.
Speaker 2: That lied screamed, just a forum shops.
Speaker 1: It's dawned on her when we were in the forum shops at.
Speaker 2: Caesar's walking through being like, you know, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, this dress, it's too constricted. She's like carrying the wedding dress. Get it off, Get it off.
Speaker 2: So maybe she was walking through the shops being like I can hardly even walk through the Forum shops because I mean, think about walking through Caesar's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they go to the shops of the Caesars. We walked right into Gucci and found a dress we liked, a coral colored, pleading, cocky dress. There was only one, and it was a size ten. Luckily there was a decorative brooch on the front of the dress. I took the brooch off the front, cinched half the dress back, and pinned it. Just like that. The size ten fit her small frame perfectly. That's genius.
Speaker 2: It's so genius, and I love how Also, like, this book is way more about like how to fit thin girls into bigger clothes, Yeah, not like how to be a bigger girl like rock clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're not going to put a size ten girl in his size two zero with a magical brooch. That working the other way around.
Speaker 2: My sister wrode with a magical brooch.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the travel section. This section is It's Crazy.
Speaker 2: By the way, just before we start off, Harvey Weinstein is heavily featured in this book, and she talks about how like she was on a three day business trip, like styling.
Speaker 1: Everywhere.
Speaker 2: She's like styling Deborah Messing or Nicole Ritchie or something like that. And then she's like, and then a powerful player asked me to go to con and then it's like so many photos of her and Harvey, So I think it's gonna go ahead and be Harvey.
Speaker 1: I feel like he wasn't really.
Speaker 2: I think he knew like he needed her to style his girls, but she didn't need him. No, so it didn't didn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he couldn't give her anything. I mean they wanted to work with Rachel. Everyone wanted to work with Rachel. Packing my clients for a trip, but Truman and fit much of what we need to glam them up for a prece event way in advance. But even then a backup look or twenty might be thrown into the last minute, particularly extra heels and bags. The entire level is carefully wrapped in stuff with tissue paper and ship by FedEx to a destination. Well almost the entire lot when there's a little room for backup. My sisters or I might hand carry a gown on board. Take note if you can't risk it because it's an valuary, I really love it. Don't leave it to chance or bag of handlers who could potentially send it on a fourteen hour flight to Pretoria. Take it with you as a carry on. Of course, if it's a six seater plane going to a photo shoot and a Caribbean island, the pilot himself might deny my bringing a gown, no matter how hibulous it is into the tiny cabin. In those cases, you have to hope for the best and pray that it arriots on the cargo flight.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm obsessed with the part where it's just like in the bag, like different types of like way to pack for like different types of trips, single girlfriends, sexy dresses, high heels, and lots of Juliet for a riot of a time, family, more comfortable outfits and not as many options because you can repeat looks with your family, which I'm obsessed with the only time you're repeating significant others their favorite things in yours, including those little nothings that can make your trip sucksier, business associates, business tire that doesn't easily wrinkle, including a dress, the option in case dinner follows the big meetings.
Speaker 1: I do feel like this whole section is a little bit the opposite of this Reddit communityum part of called her one bag.
Speaker 2: It's really opposite her one bag because she says only do carry on for a three day trip.
Speaker 1: Where it's like she's checking the most massive suitcases for a five day trip.
Speaker 2: She's very my HouseGuest, Mickey Blonco coming with three full sized, massive suitcases.
Speaker 1: Just go start with shoes at the bottom. I put mine in sacks, either those that come with the shoes or draws the don't get scratched. Then next layer is jeans folded in half, then layer everything else. So I do put jeans at the bottom, but I don't put shoes at bottom. I put shoes on the side, so I separate shoes. I put like one shoe on a sign and one shoe on another side, not together. No, but I do carry in for a month, and I still have plenty of room and plenty of clothes.
Speaker 2: Plenty of room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with my gorgeous expandable samsonit.
Speaker 2: You changed my life with that Samsonite because I bought it.
Speaker 1: We'll put it like a page.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing that she says to pack, which was insane. Again to reference my HouseGuest Mickey Blanco guest on the pod, so she says, I always carry a hard paper calendar.
Speaker 1: That's so weird.
Speaker 2: Blanco comes to my house, No unpacks like a Tiffany's like, no, full ass walk not only a calendar and has the same exact Amazon witch calendar that maya house like full ass like kitchen drawings of witchy.
Speaker 1: Girls, not just like photos of like sexy witches noes.
Speaker 2: We're drawings of sexy witches van art kind of ye and art. And it was like and he was like, I carry too. He was actually so Rachel's though.
Speaker 1: He was like I carried to kind of filled it out with like sharpie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was like folded in the bag.
Speaker 1: Because it just needs a large visual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so weird. I mean I love having writing down things on my big calendar my kitchen. I don't know if I'm traveling.
Speaker 1: With it, yeah, I mean personally I use Google, cow icw whatever like that does function for me pretty But like.
Speaker 2: If you have your hobo bag. She also says like write down what you need.
Speaker 1: Okay, makings of a bonvoyage, purpose business, weather report, hot or cold pack, separate, think me, mixed and matches, a complete professional outfits, A white bluff thing go with a skirt suit and jeans, a pretty canasol. The fucking strangle hold that camasols had on women in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: Camsol over, camesol over cameras.
Speaker 1: I feel like your sister had, Like she probably had camocels and they had that little the lace.
Speaker 2: No, the little lace at the top that was maybe half an inch. Yeah, And honestly I had a few of those too before I became the badass pimp I am. I had these, like the lace Candy, the lace Lion I had. It was yeah, but it was still a little more like a wife pleaser. It was like from Urban and it was like a black tank with a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of lace.
Speaker 1: I think, huh, that actually does kind of sound sexy.
Speaker 2: I thought it was kind of like Rocker in London and Trondreness act.
Speaker 1: I mean, bring that back.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is for when it's holiday cold. Don't forget a hat. Newsboy, Beanie cap, floppy will beret, anything that folds, gloves, sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Pack hosiery, but never skinning colored. Don't forget a belter who distension, bulky sweaters, addresses at the hips or waist, and a wrap that can double as a scarf or shawl. I'm actually getting so confused. Everything has this like multi dimensional like three piece shawl sweater, wrappable hats.
Speaker 2: Wait, we haven't even gotten to like the show. And just like Curtain Brad and there fallout and just like her fallout, all too a tailor.
Speaker 1: I mean everyone in that show is like a monster. Taylor is so funny.
Speaker 2: You're so evil and like she's really trying to like raz Brad.
Speaker 1: She's the most like classic East Village evil bartender, like so.
Speaker 2: True where she's just being like fucking like Rebecca took all my shifts. Yeah, like and she has this insane choppy like Taylor moms and cut.
Speaker 1: And she's so mean to Brad. She's so abusive to this poor gate intern, just being like he's like all the dresses got soaked because Rachel's garage flooded in the range. She's just like you need to deal with this. I have to go to the reress please get it together, that dresses.
Speaker 2: And then he's trying to fix it by like calling all the stories to get new dresses again for Debora Messing. So he's like doing the thing where he was like, well, let me try to fix the problem before even Rachel Zoe finds out about the problem.
Speaker 1: And then she also told him not to tell Rachel Zoe, which was and then he's mad at him for not telling him. He doesn't even throw into the bus because he's like actually good person. And now I'm like justice for Brad Gorski, even though he is just now.
Speaker 2: He's become such like an insane like evil cheesy.
Speaker 1: An evil cheesy fashion who's so also doing the thing that Tan France does where it's like your hair doesn't need to be so Jimmy utronto seven.
Speaker 2: I know, and it's still insanely, I mean.
Speaker 1: Now so much cuter if you had like a close cropped fashion French haircut.
Speaker 2: Tell him, Brad, tell him bad dear Brad, let's crop it. And I guess their fallout was because she thought he was like stealing clients from her because he got obviously like too big for his bridges. But the point is it's.
Speaker 1: Like that you fall out with your former employer, your maid ysinist. Literally, it's like it's kind of just like, I mean that this student becomes a master.
Speaker 2: Oh, you want me to just sit here for and help you like get dresses for debor messing and not get my own clients. Yeah, learn, it's like teach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, why are you trying to teach him if you don't want him to get his own clients.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about her opinion on jeans for a second, because it's just.
Speaker 1: Lets there's like forty pages on jeans where she's like, don't wear jeans the office, but also so much is happening in Denham right now?
Speaker 2: And then on her podcast that I was listening to from two months ago, her producer goes, so, how often are you bringing your Chanelle denim bag to the Hamptons And she's like, oh, of course, of course I'm bringing the Dunham Chanel.
Speaker 1: There's also this thing in the book where she has little like celebrities are invited to sound off.
Speaker 2: Such as Jennifer Garner and.
Speaker 1: Like real celebrities, it's Runner, Michael Course and Hathaway. There's this little section and Hathaway cracks the gene code we've been waiting. If you're thin, you can probably get away with a stiff gene. If you're like me and a bit curvy, then some stretches the way to go. There are even some brands that managed to cut a skan jing with stretch that looks good on the rest of us shapely girls. Because Anne Hathaway in like two thousand and one terms was like fat. She was fat.
Speaker 2: And also this is the time when I think the first time jeans was stretched came out in like.
Speaker 1: Not a like because they hadn't figured out how to like inject like spandex, and they had made.
Speaker 2: Like I think eighties like total ridiculous stonewashed jeans with like a big pouch over it, but not the skinny jeans we know today that are like three percent elastine.
Speaker 1: And then Rachel Zoe goes gray. Fitting Ritlican jene should not look like they're squeezing you out like sausage from its casein if the waist cuts your hips running on the line, your trursto create a fat roll. Cast those jeans off immediately. In all likelihood, you don't need to diet. In all likelihood you don't need to diet.
Speaker 2: It's like all but you probably do. Rachel Zobi she's really anti jeens, but she's also like I get they're like a part of today, and like we all do need a pair of jeans, so you should have a pair of like stove top skin.
Speaker 1: But she goes. I believe genes can be worn in a mile long list of scenarios. I wear them for work and play, of course, and occasionally on a night out celebrating. I also believe denham should be used and not abused. She's very dunhim is a privilege. I agree, and like know when to use it. They're ideal for running around on your day off or a dinner party at a best friend's house. Some jeans could even be right for work, depending on the office of dress code and culture. But when it comes to a company event, unless it's some hoe down barbecue off for a little more than dunhim out of respect for your employers in industry, a dresser pair of trousers is no more difficult to get into her list relaxed, and it makes an entirely better statement. No matter on which you glam up jeans, there's still jeans. So she comes down the office, but not an office party unless it's like a backyard hoedown and.
Speaker 2: It's like themed. And she's also like never never do a Canadian tuxedo, like please, She's very.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: She's being so like fashioned police and just being like, oh okay, Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: I'm sure now she saw like Billy Eilish and like, you know, a huge.
Speaker 2: I love it. I die, I die, I die for Billy.
Speaker 4: I die for Billy, I die for segments does she wear?
Speaker 2: How does she live? Okay, how does she live? Here's the thing? Like she has a big white Bobo Italia CNB couch and in the show she's like Roger, I want a furniture and he's like, we just got a couch two years ago, and she's like so and he was like, you told me this would be for life.
Speaker 1: And so then they go to Fendi Cassa and they's like furniture. It's like very like modern, like everything is just so like kind of euro early two thousands, like square.
Speaker 2: Square white, but and it's cool, like I feel like she talks about just like being fun. She does the Clinton Kelly thing where she's just like, buy a ton of different pattern cups from FLA Markets.
Speaker 1: She says at one point, then she loves Kelly Wurstler's style, but she's like, obviously that's like way too colorful and maximalist for me. I'm super modern and having like one Amarillis on the counter and then just like this all white room and so it's celebrity and like one large canvas that's like all yellow.
Speaker 2: And then she's also like very like me and dorm in this way where she's being like, cant afford pricey art, get vintage magazines and frame.
Speaker 1: Them, frame magazines, Carla fil Massoni blankets. I don't know. The whole friending cost some thing to me is a little bit like one stop shop where I'm like right where she's just like, oh wait, it's designer, Like she says, don't fall for designer, but then she's like I need to cost a couch. Yeah.
Speaker 2: She really isn't following her own creed in this no.
Speaker 1: I think like when it comes to furniture, like everything that she's learned from fashions, she throws out the window, which I don't really get. It's like, shouldn't you be like a student of this and do what you like and a mix of vintage and and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, she's get Massoni pillow.
Speaker 1: And research and it's like where is all that, Like where's the inspiration?
Speaker 2: You know what it is? It was because they were coming to photograph her house. She panicked, and she panicked was already kind of just pretty beige.
Speaker 1: It was beige and boring, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like where are the funky cups?
Speaker 1: But I guess it also because like ultimately she is basic and metallic flat, so like the house is going to have.
Speaker 2: Like she has flats, so it's going to be just like white leather section.
Speaker 1: It's not being so like a dual told sofa and like dark cherrywood walls and like yeah, fourteenth century tapestry.
Speaker 2: It's like she's so obsessed and she has another page from like the Massoni granddaughter who is being so like I'm a mess and I'm not as organized as Rachel Zoe, but I wish she was like took more of her own advice and like was a little more or less like three magazines and the same modern lamp that like everyone has go wireless or compact in the kitchen, tuk away everything else involved in a Media Center. Also throughout this book she talks about travel and like me, She's like, always stalk your iPod. I'm like, and bring DVD. But then there's a photo of her and Roger on their.
Speaker 1: Bed with DVD. So many clickers in dvdps.
Speaker 2: And she is just a cheesy in dorm and has a frame photo of Johnny Depp that she got like blown up. It's like a little frame bridge in this way.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait what did she eat? Can I just this section where Amy Soco as in Bungalow E. If you don't know it, look it up. Yes. I went to Mangalo eight for a Diesel after party in two those and eight.
Speaker 2: Now here you are in your Diesel hoodie.
Speaker 1: I know, it's so crazy. And I went with the entire cast of Project Home By season three and I spent the whole night talking to Angela, who is completely insane. If you don't know her, look around corrupt Anyways, Amy Soco has a little piece on the at Home bar. The perfect host is always ready for an impromptu cocktail party. I know this all too well at Bungalow eight, where all kinds of friends show up at all kinds of hours, ready to have the time of their lives at your place. Having the following essentials and stock will make her personal bungalow just as great. The tools a cork, squirrel, a double jigger, a shaker, a cocktailspan is very just like, okay, the most normal things glasses old fashioned, those short scott ones are ready to go. I do agree, like a classic tumbler, like a short tumbler is the best, like a rocks.
Speaker 2: Glass basically, which I kind of like need.
Speaker 1: As opposed to like a high ball is really like I use her all the time.
Speaker 2: It's and I think good for guests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also just like, oh I love the small color mo rocan glasses and you can get them to by the case, bottle service, vodka, bourbon, rum, tequil, legit. She's just listing all liquors. I do feel Rachel's sop has like a bar that's so hidden because she is so hidden fridge and it's like hidden in a cabinet. But like she's only drinking besides bubbles.
Speaker 2: No, she's very just like white wine and one glass of champagne because that's like, how else do you do so many events the night she's bubbles? I also think, yes, you should have a stalked bar, but I also think it's better to slim it down, like have a light in a dark, like maybe have a whiskey in a vodka and beer and wine. I don't think you need like gin whiskey rum vibe.
Speaker 1: I usually don't have like all five majors, but actually maybe I do have like a little bit of everything at some point.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she doesn't cook obviously, and like when she has this like housewarming for her friends and parents, she orders from Johnson third Famous.
Speaker 1: Where I was going to every day when I was staying at maybe friend of the Pod Blaine's house, I was in La and it's just like so like not even that good and expensive, but you're like, I'm so la and enrich, and I'm getting this.
Speaker 2: Chicken salad and like she's not eating, No one's eating. Yes, there was a bowl of curry chicken salad, being like is this a barn And there's like at a mama.
Speaker 1: Shoe ma, and she's having three bites and be like, I'm having way too much of this. She also invented Bethany in this way because both of them are bobbleheads.
Speaker 2: Bobbleheads who are like say.
Speaker 1: Type and scary and psychotic and caffeine and.
Speaker 2: Saying like I die and like being like coffee and like it's crazy. She doesn't even talk about coffee, even though it's like she's give me my like valium latte personality.
Speaker 1: I don't want to speak ntill I've had my all black or is she.
Speaker 2: So like vanilla latte and it's getting so like yeah, but then that feels like to me calories, So I'm like, she's just huge.
Speaker 1: But she's also the girl who like only gets her colories from coffee. That's true because she's had her massive like eight hundred calories star. She was like, I'm actually good, I already ate and she can have six grapes later.
Speaker 2: But then it's like she mentions once and here being like it's so good to take time with Roger making a late night meal. It's like you guys are.
Speaker 1: Not getting your fendy Costa kitchen dirty.
Speaker 2: No, because even he and that he was like we been like she's very kendal generally slicing one cucumber. Okay, what does she wear?
Speaker 1: I guess like metallic literally but also not.
Speaker 2: But also like when I think of Rachel's so specifically, I think of a really flowy silk then belted, belted hobo bag, metallic flats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hair for day. He's basically like stealing clothing from the curve market and belting it for the size zero market.
Speaker 2: Stop stealing clothes from the curve market. Okay, leave some for us. Okay, who are you in the book?
Speaker 5: Like, I mean, I have Brad, but you're Brad but like, okay, sometimes you are like the most evil like Indie East villainch bartender girl, because I'm Indy, I'm fucking Indie, you.
Speaker 2: Loser, but you're being more these shirts are a mess. But I think it's more I'm tailor and you're Rachel So and like you're huge coffee and like because Rachel So doesn't have to be mean to Brad because she just takes like tailor to sushi and is like, can we just like talk like she has Taylor be mean to Brad, right, and so she can be fat and dirty work. You're fucking dirty work and I'm just being like so scared you're.
Speaker 1: BD, like calling me on your PDA being just like I'm so sick, and I'm like you actually to come in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really sick, Like, well we're dressing duble messing, so come in. You can be sick when you're dead, bitch. I guess book was so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I like that it's a textbook and it's so chock full of like insane advice about so.
Speaker 2: Much advice and like kind of like breakout. Well, there's also all this like fashion illustration, that.
Speaker 1: Much fashion illustration. I do love the photos of women in the two thousands.
Speaker 2: There's this like really blurry, blown up photos of just like Beascha Barton getting her hair done. Is It's really sad because this whole book is a bad She's like, Misha looks so cute, and she rocks her kads and jeans when she's done a sneakers and like all these just little like Misha does this, and Misha does she was on.
Speaker 1: Top of the world. She was so perfect period and I just feel so bad. And I guess that the thing is it's like when you're not a good actress. I just feel like she must have been a pill to be around or something, because I feel like she didn't retain a lot of like allies as she moved into adulthood and then she just got so fucked over and did all the wrong projects.
Speaker 2: She became like depressed and didn't make allies. And then I mean, Zoe loves her well.
Speaker 1: She did that. I don't know if they're still hanging out.
Speaker 2: No they aren't. And then she was on Dancing with the Stars and it was like really sad. Remember she was all smoking a bong in her car, so random new carbong. Anyway, I give this book like, it's.
Speaker 1: Hard to say. It's like some iconic. It's she's iconic, and like, go watch the Ritual Zoe Project. As a book, it's not very revealing, and like, frankly, a lot of the advice isn't like that good. It's not She's.
Speaker 2: Literally saying, you're bring gumb on a blaze. So like her personality, it's hard to because it's I'm alsomate with the Lauren Conra because funnier because Lauren's like dumber and more insane like her fashion. Zoe is such an icon so when she is being like bring gum, you are a little bit like, okay.
Speaker 1: Rachel, I guess I'm not actually going to recommend that people go out and buy this book. Yeah, give it like two out of five metallic flats, but I will say give the show like five out of five statement jewelries, jewelry talk, start listening.
Speaker 2: Two point eight stovepipe vintage Levi's out of five. I think. I mean, if you saw this at a thrift store, buy it, order it from thrift books. No, but I think, actually this would be really fun gift. Because she talks about alternative gifting. She was like, instead of bringing wine, bring a photo of you and the host over to someone's house, which I found so random.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: It like an amazing housewarming gift or something like that for someone like a stylish friend who loves metallic flats.
Speaker 1: I'm just imagining if I went over to someone's house and I brought them a framed photo of me and them as a gift for just like a six person dinner party.
Speaker 2: I mean, people are already weirded out by that frame photo I now have in my house of us at the Russian Tea room that we were scammed into buying. Well, it's just like you're new and frame just kind of like, oh so you frame.
Speaker 1: That that kind of looks like a normal night. Okay, you guys, listen, it's fall.
Speaker 2: We need to buy more metallic flats and we need to get renewed by iHeart.
Speaker 1: We are up for renewal. And if you guys don't flood our Apple podcast page with good reviews, they will literally access from the lineup.
Speaker 2: Even if you've already made a review, like.
Speaker 1: It's under a pseudonym.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: I don't know one minute and forty five seconds out of your day to write a review and just.
Speaker 2: Say like I die, like I'm obsessed with them, so I am would mean the world.
Speaker 1: It would really mean the world to us. We love you so much.
Speaker 2: We die, We die for you, We literally die for you.
Speaker 1: We just want to keep giving you the content that you crave.
Speaker 2: We want to keep buying like coffee table textbooks.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we also need my meme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like to keep on buying flats.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love you.
Speaker 2: Love me best. Our podcast is produced by Darby Masters, who has like really chic Island style, kind of like vintage Captains, et cetera. She throws like amazing President's Day parties. I die for her events our podcast. The supervisor producer is Abuzafar. He's an amazing American designer really doing new things like Dunham sandals.
Speaker 1: Our show was executive produced by Christina Everett. I die for her. She has incredible style. She always wears statement butterfly necklaces because she's such a free spirit. And I love that. Our engineer is Beheid Frazier, And I have to say, like, he's someone who is so high low and he'll mix still lettos with a foo door. Yes, yeah, okay, he'll be like a Cashmir strug with a string bikini in the winter.
Speaker 2: So cute, and it's so unexpected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually really really a ball, especially for as conservative in office as iHeart. I think it's really really brave of him.
Speaker 2: The music was done other by like one of my most favorite DJ, Stephen Phelips. Course, I saw him at Calm the other year. I died at his like remixes at the Bungalow eight pop up.
Speaker 1: I want to give a quick note and talk about our previous producers who we actually no longer work with my prolout projects. We have a falling out over actually Debrah Messine's dress at the two thousand and eight American Television Awards. It's fine, It's water under their bridge. I'll see him at Spago and we'll grab a martini. I'll have a few SIPs. So it's really not that big of a deal. And I wish him all the beasts in his future.
Speaker 2: Knows, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear more of us, go to Patreon, dot com, slash CBC The Pod. There's a ton of really really interesting stuff out there, really call.
Speaker 2: Like vintage episodes also if you want to catch up, if you're looking for something like Timeless for a road trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like a great mix of classic and vintage and modern and you're going to find that all every single week, every Friday, there's new episodes.
Speaker 2: Rock and Glam Patroon dot com, slash CBC, The Pods.
Speaker 1: You guys, thank you so much for your support. It means the world to us. We're really looking forward to the next twelve months with you. So get out there and again leave those reviews of broad Apple podcast that could be huge.
Speaker 2: Rocks the Vote