Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Stock Movers podcast. I'm Charlie Pala joining us today Bloomberg's Christine A. Quino, Managing editor for Markets Live. Got to begin with the homebuilders because there was quite the move today in Paulty. What was going on with Paulty Home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Charlie, So Paulty Groups at ticker PHM. Those shares finished lower by four point nine percent, and this is because we have seen a series of social media posts from President Donald Trump as well as the Federal Housing Finance AGENC director Bill Paulty, essentially pressuring homebuilders to build homes, which I guess you could say makes a lot of sense, but it's just that added pressure from the administration that's really lighting of our under the stocks in not a positive way. And we should note, of course that Bill Paulty is the grandson of William J. Paulty, who founded Paulty Groups, So a little bit of irony there, but yes, we have seen in our comments essentially just pressure the whole home builder sector in general, we've seen a gauged by the S and P down over nine point six percent just over four days. That's down more than nineteen and a half billion in terms of market value over this period.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Paulty down every single day this week, dropping four point nine percent today. And not just Paulty, but as you mentioned, other home builders down. D R Horton down four point six percent, KB was down four and a half percent, Toll Brothers down two point six percent. Let us move beyond housing the home builders and into earnings, specifically the airlines and Delta. Delta stock up today. What was going on with Delta after earnings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm goodings for Delta here, Charlie. So Delta ticker DAL those shares finished four point three percent hire. We did get updated guidance from the carrier regarding its adjusted earnings per share forecast for a full year, and new guidance that also beat the analyst estimate. So now they're seeing just an EPs at about six dollars, whereas the analyst estimate was at five to eighty. It's a very interesting bit of good news, especially it seems like it's a time when all we get is bad news from airlines these day, isn't it. But yeah, this is a rare bit of good news for them.
Speaker 3: Indeed, we saw a United move higher today, we saw American airlines decline. Though, is there any veracity? Is it worth talking about Delta Airlines as an economic indicator?
Speaker 1: I mean, certainly, And that's something I think that a lot of analysts on the street are still potentially worried about. We did hear from chief executive Officer Ed Bastian saying that their customer is in a financially good spot. They're not necessarily seeing any pullback in demand. But that's of course something that you would expect us CEO of an airline to say, And so I think for analysts the concern is really whether they will be able to push their premium products, because this is something that Delta has been trying to do more of, and whether consumers will be able to absorb the cost of these premium products, especially at a time when inflation just in general still seems to be a worry for a lot of American households.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard Delta too talking about the quarter, saying that a lot of travelers also to are choosing not to go in the hot summer season, especially some of the older travelers who want to move or go to Europe when say it's a little bit a little bit cooler, not as hot, and that's also helping bookings into the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Also out today with earnings PepsiCo, how do they fare?
Speaker 1: Yeah, PepsiCo finishing the day higher as well, so tick her pep those airs up more than four percent. And we did get their annual profit outlook and the analysts are just seeing some positives here, right, So in terms of their actual outlook, you know, they're still seeing operating profits at a three point six billion, still below estimates, a net revenue slightly above stimus twenty three point nine to four billion. This is in terms of their third quarter results. In terms of their actual outlook, they're seeing low single digit boost in organic or revenue. But I think what analysts are really seizing upon here is the fact that PepsiCo is working to cut costs and overhaul its portfolio, and they're doing it with such urgency. Chief executive Officer Ramon Laguarta did speak to analysts on a call on Thursday morning and they say that they are still a few eras that they need to work on. But they're doing this with a lot of urgency, and there have been a lot of constructive discussions, and at least for today, investors are taking that to be a positive thing.
Speaker 3: Indeed, we saw shares of PepsiCo advancing, as you say, interestingly though rival Coca Cola. It was up today by just about four tens to one percent, Coca Cola reports on October twenty First, is it safe to say, so goes Pepsi, then we'll go Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd think that they would be working or you know, moving in tandem in this particular market given that competition, right, and so for both of these brands, really it just depends on how they managed to differentiate from each other in terms of, you know, PepsiCo's approach to things. Analysts are pointing to the fact that, you know, there's some fourth quarter trends that could show some improvement, particularly when it comes to mitigating tariff actions, and perhaps also weather might play a part. There might be less weather related pressure, particularly when it comes to their international beverage line.
Speaker 3: All right, Christina Quino always appreciated, Thank you for spending time with us. And that is the stock Mover's Report. I'm Charlie P.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.