Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bachler Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and today we are going to be recapping the first season ever of The Bachelorette, trist this season which was only like six episodes.
Speaker 2: Six episodes one hour each, so yeah, just six hours of reality TV.
Speaker 1: And correct me and I stand correct, We're only recapped. We're recapping the first episode. I don't know if I said the whole season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're recapping the first episode one of the first season ever of The bachel ratt which was Tristaetter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I will say, like, first thing, first thing I noticed is how young Chris Harrison was.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I know, he literally looks like he could be a contestant on the show.
Speaker 1: He looks younger than the entire cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 1: I was like, when he's talking to trist I'm like, oh, this actually makes sense.
Speaker 2: I wonder how old he was. We should have checked at the time when he was hosting that season.
Speaker 1: I want to say, it looks like.
Speaker 2: He's like, he looks like he's in his late twenties, early thirties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to say I think I think, and I could be wrong. I feel like I may have looked this up in the past. I think he was like twenty nine when he hosted the first season ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's he's probably in his mid to late thirties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he could definitely, I mean, he was definitely the right age to have been on the cast.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent he could have been on the cast, I mean at that age, So it makes sense.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about like, Okay, so, like Jesse Palmer's obviously older than everyone. Do you think that is let's say, let's say Jesse quit tomorrow. Do you think that is a must that the host needs to be older or do you think like you could mix in somebody who's like thirty Hmmmm. It does seem weird because I feel like I feel like I feel like watching it now, it feels normal for the host to be older.
Speaker 2: Well, I think at the time when it was just the Bachelor, it made sense to have a guy who was like kind of the same age as the Bachelor hosting the show. But why just like for like relatability and for them to like, you know, bond over it, get along vibe. I don't know. But and I also think you know, him getting hired at twenty seven, there was so much longevity to the franchise, like he was able to host like if they hired a seventy year old right out of the gate. Like yeah, but you know what I'm saying. But I do think that now, especially with Bachelor at like, it's weird seeing him and all the guys because it's like, well, you could be one of the cast members versus when he's hosting Bachelor and it's all the girls. I just feel like it's a little bit different. I think it doesn't really matter, but I think Jesse Palmer's like a good age for you know, it's like father Jesse, like uncle Jesse.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree, he's not that much.
Speaker 2: Older than them, to be honest, Uncle and father a little bit of a strong word, but you know what I'm saying, older brother, older brother, brother Jesse. I like that. Yeah, it's giving brother Jesse.
Speaker 1: Okay, So first thing, First things first, Trista, I do I actually really I like the way the beginning was because we almost have like this this recap of Trista's life. I don't do they do that as much anymore.
Speaker 2: They do do it? I mean, like we saw with Hannah Brown's. They had an intra package talking about her and you know what she did for a living. But I feel like the inter packages now are more focused on, like what their journey within the franchise has been, So it's like, you know what happened when they got their heartbroken and where are they now. With Trista's, it kind of felt like a documentary opening, like you have like Chris Harrison like narrative, like Trista Sutter from X y Z working as a pediatrician, Like it just.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like I know so much about her now, like, yeah, she was a Miami cheerleader, she is a pediatrician, got her.
Speaker 2: Whole resume almost like her career history, her school history. They really gave you the full package. I actually did like that they had a clip of her mom talking, So I do feel like we have the packages now for the lead. But I think that they went more into depth into her and her life than maybe they have in the past.
Speaker 1: I think careers used to be a much bigger deal on this show.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. They talked so much about people's careers, whereas now I feel like they focused on people's dating history. Yeah, it's like what was your history and relationship with love and how is that going to impact your journey to find your future person. Whereas you see such an emphasis even the guys talking about their career and asking trist about their career.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it was I think that time it was much more like it was more important what you did for a living, Like your partner really was like the person you dated, Like, yeah, it was an attraction thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I still think career is a part of like choosing your partner to an extent, but I think it was bigger at that time. I also think it's the first time they're having bachelorette, but I think that the concept of like the man being the provider for the family was still being pushed at that time. Yeah strongly. I mean, like Trista's got an incredibly successful career, but you can see the guys like this is what I do. Like they are almost giving like their sales pitch of themselves and their intro packages, and all of them are starting with like I'm very good at what I do. I'm very successful, I make a lot of money. Like it's this like I am here to be the provider of the family energy, which I just don't think you see as much anymore. And I also think you see a lot of guys coming on like still trying to like figure their shit out with their careers.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, so much more now we see because you get guys in their mid twenties that are still figuring out and then.
Speaker 2: Or like just left their job to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have the old the whole other aspect of the show of like you could if you know, you could become an influencer or whatnot. That's why, that's why there's still so many fans out there that watch a show that are like get a real job, Like yeah, like you're just here for Cloud.
Speaker 2: Especially I'm sure the fans that I mean, I wasn't watching the show when Trista was about Shratt, but I can imagine, like there's so many fans out there that have watched from like day one, and it kind of makes sense why there is that energy of like get a real job, because like these guys are coming on with these like full careers that they have to go back to, like there's no alternative career path for them from this show, whereas now, I mean, like you can go onto other reality shows, like you can go onto other reality dating shows if you don't end up with that person.
Speaker 1: There's like in yeah, but that's also but that's it's still like only only a select few end up getting that totally.
Speaker 2: But everyone, I feel like, thinks they're like the shining star, right, so like everyone comes on Hope Fall for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Okay, going back to you saying like the guys are like almost pitching themselves, I agree. Like every every like interview that we see, that's what we're getting, except for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's given like job interviewing.
Speaker 1: Except for Bob Guinea. And that's why he's one thousand percent like he's a star. He's sorry, he's a standout because he's the only one you're like, oh this.
Speaker 2: Guy, Yeah, this guy's just at a party.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He just like he's like I'm a house with a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of also being he's just like talking being himself.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. Like he's just very organic. He's acting like he's just like in a house with a bunch of dudes having some beers. Like I don't think I heard him say like one like pitchy line about.
Speaker 1: Even and you could tell all the guys love him. Oh he's standing up, he does, he's dancing in front of everyone's doing like the Irish jig or whatever he's doing.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. He has like a shining personality on the show. He would thrive on this season I think maybe best because of the times, but he would drive on any season, do you know what I mean? It was so crazy even if you put him on the show to day, like if you plucked him at age whatever he was. Let's see how old was Bob when he went on the show. For those listening Bob ends up.
Speaker 1: I would say maybe I would say he was like twenty seven.
Speaker 2: He's thirty one, thirty, he's a mortgage broker. That's so funny to be other than why for those listening Bob ends.
Speaker 1: Up becoming the best becoming the next Bachelor, which was a for what like that's all the ship that like the show gets for, like picking their leads or choosing their leads of making mistake. When they picked Bob, Guinea that that was a great pick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hundred.
Speaker 1: I was like, I remember, what's crazy is I didn't you know at that age. I don't know what year this was, but I remember being very I remember being young, and I might have been I don't know if I was in high school yet or what, but if I was, it would have been like freshman year. And I remember my mom sitting in the den watching.
Speaker 2: This, and I remember watching Trist this season.
Speaker 1: Watching Trist's season, and I remember walking downstairs.
Speaker 2: I always forget your mom is like a lifelong fan of this.
Speaker 1: I remember walking downstairs and sitting there and then watching Bob and going, I like that guy. I'll keep watching the show because of that guy. Yeah, that is so because he was funny and like he is. And when you're when you're when you're when you're thirteen or fourteen years old, when you're a thirteen fourteen year old boy, you're like, I don't care about like love girls, thirty year old dude, But here's this guy like drinking beers and like laughing about it. You're like, this is this is hysterical.
Speaker 2: Well, Bob got the last rose of the entire Row ceremony. Yeah, and all the guys he like went up again and all the guys are laughing, So like you already know that he's a hit. In the house.
Speaker 1: We were with him during an iHeart event and he was and he was telling us, yeah, like how like he became really became the Bachelor because Oprah had him like to like make this man the Bachelor publicly called it out of like I want Bob to be the Bachelor. He was going on the Oprah Show to.
Speaker 2: Do She's doing a segment. Yeah, well he was on the show. Like they literally plucked him off the Bachelor said come do segments on Oprah. We think you're great. Opah's a huge fan, ye, And then Oprah was like make Bob Guinea the Bachelor, and like you're not gonna say no to Oprah, Like that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I would say if they didn't, If if Oprah doesn't do that, then the show probably chooses the runner up, especially at that time, because I feel like the runner up probably got a ton of luck.
Speaker 2: Yes, which was Charlie who in episode one, Trista says like she's the most sexually attracted to him. She lists him as like one of her top four guys that she's into. He's twenty eight financial analysts, good looking guy, like definitely could see him having been the Bachelor, Like they definitely consider Bob. But I don't know if he's who they would have gone with, not been for Oprah. I think he said that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. How about the guy that brought the Tiffany box.
Speaker 2: And they never saw I wanted to see what was inside of it. I don't think they opened it up.
Speaker 1: I mean at the time, and it's Tiffany's still a massive luxury brand that I would say at the time that was like a oh well.
Speaker 2: I remember, did you ever see the movie Sweet Home Alabama Reese Witherspoon and Patrick Dempsey. The opening scene, not the opening scene, but one of the beginning scenes is when he takes her to the Tiffany store in New York City.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forget Patrick Dempsey plays like the guy that she she's engaged to but then doesn't really love him.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, yes, And then going back to her small town and I remember just being like this, well, I was like, this isn't like, you know, it's a good proposal in front of a bunch of strangers at Tiffany's. But I was just like, this is so cool. Like she walks into this dark store, all the lights go on. They're in like the Tiffany store. He's like, pick whicheverone you want. I was like, this is the dream.
Speaker 1: I wonder how it would come across today if somebody, like for gen season, if some guy brings like a really expensive.
Speaker 2: I don't think well, and the people would be like, that's like showy of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also I agree, it would.
Speaker 2: Feel like a weird I can't think of anyone that's done that in the last few years where they've brought some sort of like expensive gift. It's always meant to be like something sentimental or like a little token, yeah something.
Speaker 1: The only way I guess to look at it is yeah, you're just trying to flex your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I mean if I'm the Buchrad, I'm like, I don't care, like, thank you, I'm not mad about it. I think the other guys would be mad about it, though.
Speaker 1: Oh so you'd be happy.
Speaker 2: If someone brought me a fucking Tiffany box, Yeah with Tiffany jewelry inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, it doesn't mean I'm going to get engaged to you, but like.
Speaker 1: Gift.
Speaker 2: Let me actually thinking about it further. I would be like, this is really cool, but I also might feel a little uncomfortable taking like a really expensive gift from someone that I don't know and don't know if it's going to like work out, do you know what I mean? Like I would be like, I don't want to feel like I have to keep you because you just bought me something really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Like you could say. You could say that, and then if he was like, Okay, I'm still fine with giving it to you. I have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be like, great, I'll keep it, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Just like take it tied to romance too. I don't know. It's just like beautiful joy from Tiffany is like such a romantic gesture.
Speaker 1: I wonder how Neil Lane feels about this. He probably wasn't happy about the Tiffany.
Speaker 2: Was Neil Lane a sponsor right from the get go? Is he doing the rings? I don't know at the time. Well, if anyone's bringing any jewelry onto that show, it's Neil Lane. I don't think we're going to be seeing any other jewelry brands today. But the intro, he was the only guy. So there's one guy that comes to the limo and brings her a Tiffany box with jewelry. Yeah, he's the only guy that brought anything. And all the intros were like five seconds, like it was like it was like walk out, meet her, say your name, and then go inside one by one.
Speaker 1: Animal was also kind of jarring was how close the limo was to where Trista was standing.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't know. I know. That was like one of the first things I know. I'm like, wow, that the limmos Like she they step out of the limo and she's like right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like five steps yeah, which I would imagine is more comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no gimmicks out of the.
Speaker 2: Limo, no gimmicks, no silly intros, no pickup lines, nothing, It's like what's your name? It would literally be like copy and paste. Hi, I'm Strina. I'm so excited to be here. You're beautiful, you look amazing. I can't wait to get to know you more and I'll see you inside. Boom boom boom. Every single person.
Speaker 1: This episode really giving speed dating. That's what that's what it was. That's what it reminded me of.
Speaker 2: Well, and it was only a one hour episode, so they didn't really have time to do getmis I mean, if you think about it now, the limo entrances and the intro packages for the girls or the guys, depending on the season. Take the first hour of the show.
Speaker 1: I wonder so, so Golden Bachelor was an hour. Yeah, I wonder if that'll eventually change to two hours two hours.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised. I kind of like Golden at the one hour because it's still like a full come.
Speaker 1: I liked, I like The Bachelor. Idded a one hour. I like, I like the Bachelor. I like them all at one hot. I think two hours is too long.
Speaker 2: Well, the one hour for this intro was. It felt fast though, because I didn't really feel like I got to know any of the guys.
Speaker 1: But I think I think the the first episode of every season should.
Speaker 2: Be two hours, and then from then on full.
Speaker 1: Season should be one hour, and then the finale should be two hours.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm sure they'll take that into consideration.
Speaker 1: They should. They really should, because that that is the way to do it, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I wonder what season they started bringing in more like silly, gimmicky entrances.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so we do see. So it's twenty five guys for trist the season and they cut ten. Yeah, so the season gets cut down to fifteen. Now we I'm not mad about no me neither. But we generally get like twenty eight to thirty men, yep, or twenty eight to thirty one.
Speaker 2: And it get's cut down to like twenty three.
Speaker 1: And it gets cut. Yeah. Usually it's only I think for for my season, there was four guys that went home, maybe five that went home night one, and I think we had thirty something guys, so yeah, that's yeah, so there's just more guys that stick around. Yeah, So I think you need some of the gimmicky things to remember people.
Speaker 2: Well, that's I think the biggest part is like the gimmicks and the intro packages and all that is what allows you to get to know these people, and because there's going to be so many of them, you kind of need it. Whereas like the first episode, I feel like for this it's like gets it's really more about get to know Trista and a few of the guys yea. And they're right away. They're at like Chris Harrison is saying, who are your top dudes? And she's like listing off.
Speaker 1: Off the four guys who I would have been like, yeah, that makes its total sense.
Speaker 2: She listed off Ryan, who she ends up with and is now married to Charlie, who's your runner up, Russell who was fourth place, and then this guy Jamie who was fifth place, and then Bob's snuck in there.
Speaker 1: Where was Bob? Where did he end up?
Speaker 2: He's third?
Speaker 1: Oh, Bob's third. Yeah, so it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Basically, she picked her top four ad Bob top five from the first night. She knew right away.
Speaker 1: Now you could see, I mean you said it as we as we watch, but you could tell Trista is really into Ryan right out of the level. The way she's like staring at him, you can't see a spark.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. He came out of the limon and they chatted and he like went to go and said She was like, wait, what's your name? Yeah, was like, oh, it's Ryan, And like just the way she was looking him, I was like, oh my god, she loves him already. This is so romantic.
Speaker 1: I don't know him very well at all.
Speaker 2: Now we met them in person one time, Yeah, when we met Bob.
Speaker 1: Ye, yeah, I met them in person. You have a Bob. Such a Bob is a is a loud like.
Speaker 2: He's larger than life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I feel like you talked to Bob for twenty minutes, you really you really get to know Bob. Yeah. But Ryan seems like a really nice guy and from what I saw of him, like he really seems like he's still there, like he is this person that Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, they both are to be honest, like I would say Tristan Ryan having met them now, like they are so similar to how they were when you know, she was twenty nine and he was twenty eight on this show, which is so crazy. He's still a firefighter. I like anyone on this show.
Speaker 1: This episode, I I enjoyed it. There's there's there's just way less nonsense going on.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because it's only an hour, you don't have time for any of the nonsense. I'm sure that comes into play later in the season, but like think about it, like six hours the verses, but.
Speaker 1: The nonsense later on is usually like like some real drama going on, Like there's like it builds.
Speaker 2: Do you mean, like the paper airplane drama between like McKenna and Natasha. Yeah, like you know, just you know, stilly.
Speaker 1: Back or just like honestly, and like he seems great but like you know, we bring on Charity's brother to be the bartender undercover.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, there's always something where that happens night one, but it always kind of like sticks out. Yeah, but there was just no time for it. And I also think this was a time where like people were really concerned about how they like came across. I think people still are, but I think like personality gets in a way rewarded and like your authentic personality is really encouraged. Yeah, whereas like these guys, I don't know, there's like real copy paste energy with them, Like they all look the same, everyone's wearing the same suit, everyone's got similar ask not everyone, but a lot of similar esque jobs. It feels like they're saying a lot of the same things. Like I think there was like a perfect guy mold that like everyone's kind of trying to fit into. And I would bet that it was the same with the female contescence on The Bachelor early on, Whereas now I feel like everyone leans more into their own like individuality and that's why we see more like crazy things happened Night one.
Speaker 1: Well said yeah, I agree, thank you. That makes yeah definitely one hundred percent and I would say, like, yeah, like like especially like their jobs and their careers back then, if they went on reality TV. I would say, even going on reality people was like you're an idiot, like you're gonna lose your job.
Speaker 2: Type of ye, don't act don't act like a fool.
Speaker 1: And then if you act like a fool, like yeah, you're you're you're done.
Speaker 2: But but I think with like social media and like this whole like performance culture online, with all the different social media platforms and how big and widespread reality TV has gotten, there's become there's a little more leniency now.
Speaker 1: But then again, there was no social media, so.
Speaker 2: That's point though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people also like after I would say, after the show airs, Yeah, but they got so many viewers back then.
Speaker 2: No, I think like jobs have had to become more lenient with people's behavior in their spare time. It's like what you do in your personal time, on your social media, on your TikTok, like can really only impact your job so much because like everyone's doing it, like everyone has a life outside of work. Whereas like I think that reputation and like corporate culture and expectations were just different back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I think that's why it kind of feels like everyone's on the show like giving sales pitch, like they feel like they're a little bit like at work and like keeping in mind that like their entire office is probably watching this.
Speaker 1: I wonder if any of them were in the headspace of like, maybe I'll become an actor or a host.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm certain some of them were, you think, so absolutely.
Speaker 1: See, I'm not really getting that from any guy.
Speaker 2: I think there's definitely guys that were like who knows, Like I mean, look at Bob, you got plucked by Oprah. Like, I'm sure he inspired a lot of guys to be like, I could be the next Bob Well.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, I would say after Bob might have been the first to kind of like lay that groundwork of.
Speaker 2: Like there's more here than just me going on a show and finding a girlfriend. Yeah, Bob is literally a low key celebrity, like he's doing segments on Oprah. I'm sure his career now is like I think impacted by like hit the show.
Speaker 1: Well, but also Jesse Palmer too, like Jesse who was the Bachelor, But I think they were choosing bachelors that were like also at the time, like kind of famous, like Jesse played in the NFL, so he had that. I don't know if he was a commentator.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't. I don't believe he was like an ex pro football player or like at the time a pro football player. I think they were more. It wasn't about like celebrity status. It was just about like status in general, like you wanted like it was like someone that was like very good looking, established career or like pro athlete with money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you weren't coming on the Bachelorette without like in between jobs. Absolutely not, like you would have been sent home on me that was like that would have been that would have been, for that time, the biggest red flag. I would say, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I don't even know if they would have gotten cast it. Yeah, if it was like you don't have a job, whereas like now it's like I left my job to be here, aka, like I'm jobless, and that's like pretty common.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Especially I think like the pandemic shifted that as well, because people were coming on being like I got let go during the pandemic, or I was a nurse and now I'm not like working and like just all these things that were very valid, Like it was very valid to not have a job during the pandemic because a lot of people lost their jobs or weren't able to do their jobs. Yeah, so I think that like shifted things as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well trist ends up with Ryan. They now have how many kids too? You know?
Speaker 2: It was so crazy was when he was like, I'm not very good like at talking, but thank got he had like a beautiful poem to get her. It was like a good lead in. But and I think he still does that, still said that night went Now I'd be like, this guy's not making it through the show, Like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would think he still makes it.
Speaker 2: He's so endearing and like so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy Ryan, if he's on, if he's on today, he still does that.
Speaker 2: Guy does still does there because he's a genuine person, like when you meet him, like.
Speaker 1: He's very looking too.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But it's so funny because I think you know this, but like my dad doesn't isn't a fan of the show, Like he barely liked watching it when I his daughter was on it, and it like stresses him out. He hates the heartbreak and makes him so sad when like people get their heart broken, but he's like obsessed with Tristan Ryan. I didn't even know he watched this season, but then when we had trist on the podcast a few months back, he was like, I just love her, like she's just so like sweet and fun and bubbly, and then like he loves Ryan. I think it's because their personalities and dynamic will remind him of my mom and him, because like my mom was like outgoing extrovert and my dad's like shy and.
Speaker 1: He's just like okada.
Speaker 2: I know my dad always says he's shy, but my dad has like such a personality.
Speaker 1: It's like one of the least shy people I know, always.
Speaker 2: Describes himself as shy. But I'm like, you truly have such a personality shy at all. Though I would say he is shy, he just like maybe he works like in like not sales, but he's in like real commercial real estates.
Speaker 1: I would say he's a people person.
Speaker 2: He is, he's so good with people. But that doesn't mean he's not shy, true, But anyway, I think he just like sees himself and my mom and him in that relationship. But he's like obsessed with Tristan Ryan.
Speaker 1: Well, it's nice about this one too. It's it's the first ever season of the Bachelorette and they're a success story.
Speaker 2: God, eh, what a way to get out. They're like one of the success stories. I truly think they have like such a beautiful love too, Like just watching them interact like warms my heart.
Speaker 1: And they had a televised wedding, right, it even says what they got paid for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had a televised wedding. She opened up about that. They got married. So they got engaged in February when they filmed the show, and then they got married the like following.
Speaker 1: December with the runner up. Did he become the bachelor?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, no, oh no, Bob became the Bachelor. What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah so I sometimes they like they go back in time and pull from the past season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't become the bachelor. But they got married. She said they got paid a million dollars for their televised wedding.
Speaker 1: I mean no, it was one hundred grand a million, I swear is it a million?
Speaker 2: If it's a million, like holy no. She said the couple were paid one million for the special, which was filmed at The Lodge Luxury Resort in Rancho Mirage, California, and drew over twenty six million viewers December two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Wow, good for them.
Speaker 2: I mean that was like the franchise was thriving. And also like they're investing in that couple. You know, first Bacherette. She's so gorgeous, she's so lovable. He's awesome. They're obsessed with each other. It's just like amazing. Overall.
Speaker 1: If the show wants to pay us a million bucks, we will get divorced and remarried.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, you heard it here. First, guys, are we are?
Speaker 1: We are bored than willing.
Speaker 2: We're more than willing for that to go down a million bucks. No, for real. After struggling with infertility for nearly two years, the couple welcome to their first son, Maxwell, who was born July twenty seven, two thousand and seven. About two years later, they welcome to their second child, who is a girl, and she was born April third, two thousand and nine, and they've been together ever since. And it was very sweet, like Trista was talking about like her daughter being into dance and Ryan was watching their son play hockey like live streaming his hockey game. When we're with them, you can just tell they're like very involved with their kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're great, amazing.
Speaker 2: I just love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like what you want, the poster.
Speaker 2: Child for the franchise, but also just like the poster child for like a beautiful family.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who, Like there's a lot of love there.
Speaker 1: Way to go, guys, well, way to go.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: The nice thing is we are going to have Trista on next week to break down her Night one episode and probably the rest of her season, and we'll talk about whatever she's got going on. Now. I know some weird shit went down with Ryan's Instagram posting and people were like, what's happening, But they're all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We talked about that in a past episode of Boucher Happy Hour with Danny about some Bouche Nation news. So if you don't know what we're referring to, feel free to go listen to that so that you're all up to date for win. Trista comes on and I want to ask her more about like some of the differences in the franchise then and now, because there was no first impression Rose, there was no group date Roses No. Two on ones and at the time, because she was the first lead, we didn't know if she was going to be getting down on one knee and proposing to the go make sure we asked that too, and she didn't. He proposed to her, So.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if she went into this season and you know, like, I'm going to be the one to do that.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I think the only person we've seen do that in the franchise was actually Beca ku Frien, who proposed to Thomas, but not on the show. We've never seen a bochelorette like on the show get down on one knee as far as I'm aware. But yeah, lots of fun questions for Trista. It was really really cool going back and watching her Night one episode because I've never seen that season and I kind of want to watch the rest now.
Speaker 1: Okay, they got to send them to us. Gonna send this thoughs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like put them on Hulu. I wish they need to put all the seasons on Hulu.
Speaker 1: Don't get me started, you know what that's gonna We'll wrap right here. This is a fun episode. Thank you guys so much for tuning in and make sure you check out next week when we do have Trista on Happy Hour to talk about everything.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, and don't forget to subscribe by