Speaker 1: And this is drinks Chants, motherfucker podcast make He's a legends Eary Queen's rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't s agreed that your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop mioneer put up as d j E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 2: And your number one source for drunk drinks chans mother post for every day is New Year's c That's it's time for drink Champs. Drink up, motherfuck mother putty. Good be hoping he's Wulda should be. This is your boy in O R E? What up is dj E f N? And this is drink Champs Happy hour makes some mad.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: In a lot of ways, this brother that we uh about to interview to the left of me, uh, a lot of ways. If his life didn't exist, I don't think I would it is this. You know, he for the likes of putting on people like ak Nelly, you know nas basketball That is directly lin lineage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how to pronounce that. He's a man's man.
Speaker 3: He's a producer, producer, he's been down putting it in I can't believe, like you, this is a person you have to just salute like he's supposed to be, like the Princess of Munda. When he walks, people throw flowers at his feet. You know what I'm saying. In Queens, He's God in the galaxy, in the planet, He's God, hip holy to hip hoo, He's God. He's he's countless, and he's a humble guy. But today we're gonna be cocky for him, and we're gonna give him his motherfucking flowers because in case you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, I'm talking about the one, the only, honorable.
Speaker 2: Now off the top, I always wanted.
Speaker 3: To ask you, how did you get that name? Lost Professor?
Speaker 1: You know that's me just talking, you know, Bravado on the mic. Yo, it's the mighty Lost Professor. You know what I mean. I'm I'm in the same ranks as like the Great Sudan and all. You know what I mean, and all of that, like we was, you know, the gods man, the poor righteous teachers.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, Lost Professors, what you know that I want to present my because you know you named in life and then if you ever got a chance to name yourself and life, what would you name yourself?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like think about it. Yeah, So I was like, yo, lost professor, that's that's my name. That's what I'm gonna name myself.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I was named by you know that type of thing. Yeah, that's why. How do you e FN? Because was terrible? That was that was.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: Let me just keep it to my initials. E FN. That's my so.
Speaker 3: Lost like you've been down with me.
Speaker 2: Absolutely take what you're gonna do it today. Yes, I want some rose Rose. You're a picky nigga. You what do you want?
Speaker 1: You know? So that's how I get the samples too, picky? Yeah, okay, I just sample any record. I'll I'm right there sitting at the end of the wall.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you because hip hop, I know Biggy said this in the in and the record. He said, you ever think that hip hop will make it this far? And to tell you the truth, like the goals and the places that hip hop is going now, I never thought it would be this far.
Speaker 2: How about you? Did you ever think that hip hop would be this far?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, one hundred percent knew, yeah, because I you know, I believe you know, I come from I come from breaking, you know what I mean. Like, I knew the businessmen they couldn't get down there and do windmills and old them power moves he was doing. So I was like, nah, we got something we you know, others be on the train, death defying feats, all types of crazy shit on the.
Speaker 2: Trains and everything. So that was that.
Speaker 1: Ever, and then when you had dudes like cool O d out here like spitting like some real intelligence on the mic, you know, I'm like, Yo, we got our own community.
Speaker 2: Were good. You know what I'm saying, We're good for life.
Speaker 1: Like so you know, Cool Jay came after that, a bunch of brothers, you know what I'm saying, with that Rock Him, you know, with that intelligence, and I was like, Yo, I'm we got something, man, you know, because we we got the ignorance, but then we got brothers that could kick some ship too, you know. So that's when I knew we had to, you know, the get in exactly.
Speaker 3: And what's great about you is you got to work with two of the greatest of all times, Rock Him and Now and not.
Speaker 2: Us in the studio of both of them obviously.
Speaker 1: Right one time one time because rock Him Rock Him at the time, like he was, you know, studio, you know, handling a lot of things. I said, like that, he was handling a lot of things. So you know, me and Nas used to record on Eric being Rock Kim's time and studio, you know what I'm saying, and power plays studios right up there Sea Room y'all was in you know y'alls down the We was in that big ass so the big buildings. So yeah, rock Kim came through one time and Nas was there and it was like a little triangle, like a little triad the guards, the guards was building. Well, we was dead.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you're telling me that you and Nas used to be called on every being rock Him downtime when they when.
Speaker 1: Rock Kim wasn't coming through. Eric was like, yo, Paul, do something with that studio time. And I had met Nas too fatal and you know the Queensbridge right down the block, power place, you know, so it's like like you know, we're being the lab. We'd be waiting for rock Kim for a little while. You know, after a while, you know, it's like all the guard coming from all the way east. He might not make it. I so you know, let me start getting on the horn. And Nas was right down the block, so be like, yo, lab is open, bro, what's up. It'd be like two three in the morning, like moms were you know she she asked the phone. She'd be like hello, I'll be like it's professor, Like it's not. She's like you know, she always she ain't never like and.
Speaker 3: This is this is, this is pre nas. There's no to tell there's no ain't hard to tell out. There's no halftime out.
Speaker 2: Of no half time, getting getting him that studio like he's yeah learning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you know hot day, hot day, Yeah, hot day was there like supreme, supreme magnetic, like all all the all the painting, full posse was in there.
Speaker 2: Like I'm saying, yeah, for sure, for sure, that's done.
Speaker 3: Show was about giving flowers. Man, we're gonna get back into that story, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Was about giving flowers. We're gonna get your flowers. But you're drinking over there, f and man, you ain't take a system. I'll watching you. You ain't take don't man, this is drinking.
Speaker 1: Remember that tours bro who was the drunkest on the tours, bro, come on, man.
Speaker 2: You know what, give me a flowers topic. I was like, man, yo, oh they real flowers? Yeah yeah, man, oh man, that's a nice man.
Speaker 1: I got one. Yes, oh man, I got one.
Speaker 3: So now I know, I notice like a kind of a cliche question because it's so easy to say yes to this question right now. But did you always see the greatness in ours?
Speaker 2: Or was it was it? Was it something that had to come through you know what I mean? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, you know, he came from the hub, like you know what I'm saying, coming from Queensbridge already was like he was already like fifty points good, like you know, to one hundred. It was like, yo, you're coming from the hub. You good. And then for him at that time to have the combination, you know, he had that word play the humbleness too.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 2: When I was I was a fan of the Jackson five, you know like that, I was like, how old is it you met him? Now it's like maybe like like sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 3: When I'm waiting that ship at sixteen yeah, and these motherfuckers standing and.
Speaker 2: Are you how old are you? You were like what oh no, I'm only a year older than ours. I mean he was years he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn, So I'm gonna switched it up a little bit because now too, like.
Speaker 2: Because I remember, I remember.
Speaker 1: Before I went to jail, tell me your memories checked this out.
Speaker 2: So the two there was two dudes.
Speaker 3: That was the man in my hood was a guy named Comedy. He's the rat name Comedy. He was actually bigger than I. And then when I went to jail, remember the bomb baby came out the bomb Baby, the ball Baby and the little piece and left right.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, that's what.
Speaker 1: I was talking about. Hahaha. Section such a fu. Yeah, how did you come from?
Speaker 2: Understand?
Speaker 3: How did you come across? Meet and I?
Speaker 1: You know, that's that's bound all day. John, That's that's what y'all. So you met and John Bown. That's interesting and your sister.
Speaker 2: Everybody man was in the.
Speaker 1: Building, but so so was I rapping back then absolutely him.
Speaker 2: It was him and a guy named c. C.
Speaker 1: They was c C. John Babe John Baby was from section two two It last DJ Man DJ J j O d big up him. He was originally down with Maine sore too, but he went to the service. But yeah, I was rocking with c C. It was somebody else. We had a dude named Benny. Benny was DJing with us, and you know we just hobby hobby self after school.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, you knew what's crazy. I was telling this the story earlier. I had not known how Niles loved how you look. The first time I actually seen y'all.
Speaker 2: Was Brooklyn Queen's Day, and y'all, it was a Brooklyn Queen's Day.
Speaker 3: I was a little dude and I remember now, I had a Safari had on it and I'm a kid in the crowd and I'm looking and I see y'all performing, and it was that. It was like it was after Granddaddy that you It was that I looked, I looked on the stage. I said, whatever the fuck they doing, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Ship. So you even know, I.
Speaker 3: Was a little nigga watching y'all. Like but so let me ask you, because this this line literally changed my life. When I never heard a rapper say this, when he said, when I was twelve, I went to hell for snuffing Jesus, like that was like philostrous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was for posters, for a project dude from Queensbridge to think he could possibly have that much power. Jesus, you know.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, but it worked, man.
Speaker 1: It got him where he needed to be with just all of that extreme just preposterous ship like.
Speaker 2: Yo, you know, hanging like the Groog cut. You know it was crazy. Yeah, so and it was needed at the time exactly. The other line was was the other line of waving automatic guns.
Speaker 3: Back to the back because like like me and Ias, like you know, I speaking nods a lot now, you know, in older years, and you know at times he would tell me when when he was bringing up Thematic and he's like, you nor, you don't know how hard it was making that album because I was in jail when Allmatic came out.
Speaker 2: So all I got to see is the beauty of Allmatic. I don't get into group home or jail. I was in jail.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, j f y is that's the vision for you, b.
Speaker 2: That's correct, that's the group home. That's jail, sir, that's spot for you. Was spout.
Speaker 5: All of those.
Speaker 2: That's what him. I was in there, a different kind of guy.
Speaker 3: So when I speak the nas, he tells me like it wasn't because because I'm looking at it, I just see the five mics. I just see ut Q tip Premier people hear that fire and I hit that fire, but I don't see the struggle of il Matt.
Speaker 2: Was it a time where people was fronting on knas Oh to begin with man real from the start man Yo.
Speaker 1: When they bought NAS's demo to Russell, Russell was like, nah, he sounds too much like g rap Search so.
Speaker 2: Some of that stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's it was. It was crazy and you know we was in the same camp though. That's what he wasn't seeing. It was like, yo, Nas is actually a descendant of g so you should, you know, accept the new generation type ship.
Speaker 2: But Russell ain't have that, you know what I mean, He ain't know that force like yeah, rustle front of him, Russian, Yeah yeah, rush.
Speaker 1: Rush rush rush, Come on baby, sleep you don't get you know, shovel no, snow, you don't even go through the disc. You got to go.
Speaker 3: So so I'm bouncing around a little bit because we want to get through stuff.
Speaker 2: So it's a famous lot of jay Z said.
Speaker 3: He said, I sold you your first tech on tour with large Professor is that true.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it was NAS's first time seeing the tech. Okay, the story is true. The story he did pull out a tech on the bus.
Speaker 2: On not on like he ain't pull out like no, not on the whole bus.
Speaker 1: We had a little problem on DC. I think it was DC. I really strongly believe it DC. And so what happened was is you know it be them curfuse. Once you get out of New York, it be like, yo, he's gotta cut this at too, or something like that. So it was like kept running and running, and by the time we were supposed to perform, they was like, yo, y'all can't even get So it wasn't even the faculty, it was the crowd that was like, yo, nah y'all, y'all got to perform. Like so the crowd was kind of coming at us, and so they was like, we're big up my.
Speaker 2: Man, big hat man. HARRYO.
Speaker 1: Fobbs Man was like, yo, yo, come he in the biz video man, he's in the something for the radio, Big high man, big up man. He was like, yo, y'all come this way. It was Jade.
Speaker 2: Jazz me Nas.
Speaker 1: I I think Joe Ruin them might have even been there because Earth was on that on that tour too, and we all got on the bus and Jay was It was funny because Jay was in the back. He was in like that you know that that that woman you're going in the row, in that seat that you could see when you're going back, like that seat that looks at the person that's walking.
Speaker 2: And sure enough you got the jump bag and shit. He was like, yo, Na, you ain't gotta worried about nothing, and ship.
Speaker 1: You know you got that, you had that heat, you got that heat. I was like, who man, thank you man, Like you'real I got records, but you know, I ain't even heard like yeah that she was all right man, that she was all right?
Speaker 3: Big up, Jake, did you you know because hearing the stories these are these are probably two of the biggest rappers in the world, two giants. Did you see them in competition from the beginning or did that?
Speaker 2: Is that something that developed? Really?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Yo, I did not see like that whole little scrap. I ain't see it, man, you know, because Jay was just super cool and he had his you know, he got his bread. So I'm like, I ain't understand, you know, but you know, for the sport he you know, we we were sportsman too, you know what I mean. So for the sportsmanship side of it, you know what I mean, it was just like yo, let me, let me, let me, let me ruffle some feathers real quick. And it was good because it bought Nas. It brought Nas ted that other lane or like yo, you know how to back him off too, like you know how to say that fly guy thing, you know, but he also know how to back him off.
Speaker 2: So it was good for Nas man.
Speaker 1: Like you ever heard the original ether, I was there when they recorded it, the original one. I was come out, ok, I was we was over there a jungle, where is everybody? Was there? He that's the leader plane crash line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we was. We was wilent that would came out. I would have been.
Speaker 3: It was crazy. It was crazy. It was you know what it was. I felt like when I heard it, I felt like that was emotional. Nos, it wasn't a strategic.
Speaker 1: But that's why he got strategic when he got the slower beat and then he got you know, bufferted a little bit because there was some lines in there.
Speaker 2: I was like, lou, yeah too crazy.
Speaker 3: But still in all it was one of the greatest battles of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. I remember New York.
Speaker 3: It was Battle of the Beats, and I remember walking into a meeting and Battle of the Beats came on and I was like.
Speaker 2: Fuck this meeting. I just said fuck it outside in the radio, I mean, turn on the radio. And I missed the whole meeting. I could not move.
Speaker 3: I could And I tell you the closest thing that came to that was after Drake dropped and dropped no meet Mail and then when fuck Master Flex said I got meat Mail's response and I straight up called my wife. I was like, I'm missing my flight. I have to hear this.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: She's like, you have to hear what I said. Meek and Drake is dropping both records today.
Speaker 1: Drake and Comic was kind of too Drake and comed do to Cuban Comic kind of.
Speaker 2: Crazy comments called him Canada drive like that on that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: What Some of the greatest hip hop records Beach Records.
Speaker 2: Ice Cube against n W. I hate the bridges over the bridge, I hate the bridges over. I can't stand it. I cannot listen to one of the best, one of the best.
Speaker 1: You are cubebo ro like bro, bro, if I tell you this man, Yo, there's just reaching footage of that man performing that song like blocks away from left rack, like.
Speaker 2: Just yes, you want to see me. I can't attend that man. I can't attend that man. Can't the whole It was so dope about carriers.
Speaker 3: One chairis woman do a performance and give you a whole speech and you don't even know you in the speech, like he's a legend.
Speaker 2: But we had empty Shan on here. Shanny let it go, but she did not let Shannon. Shan is a prophet man and Shane. Let's Shane do Shane, Shane. You could learn from Shann speak up to empty Shad. That ship was wild that that episode was wild list. I had no control. That was a great episode.
Speaker 1: Too much snow he was big and snow up too much.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that is interesting.
Speaker 1: He's big to show up way too much, Shane, come on, come on, God listen.
Speaker 2: By the way, I didn't even know that it was a part over there exists. He was the black person.
Speaker 1: We're just thinking the costant crevices and was amazing.
Speaker 2: It was amazing. Man, you got quick Thomas Love, look is ready? You got that hookah smoking at uga, Holy movie, gacka morning. I'm ready for kricking the.
Speaker 1: Man roll wadded in the building. Oh look at that. Yah, you got the old lady for dinner. Oh Supreme, Supreme, Supreme in the fielder.
Speaker 2: That's he.
Speaker 1: That's some more he was. He was like, yo, yo pee. You know, because we've been hanging out, you know, around the.
Speaker 2: Way or whatever.
Speaker 1: He was just had the sweet chick joint, chilling with the rock Marcian alchemist joint. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He's like, yo, man, Oh gee man, it's time for you to.
Speaker 1: Do these champs.
Speaker 2: Man. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I was like, Supreme, if you say man, if you say all right, man, and.
Speaker 2: We've been trying to do it for a while, you know, but you know you you you're absolutely a legend. Man.
Speaker 3: You deserve a few hours. And that's what our show was about. Show was about, you know, giving the mother flowers, that giving the und the flowers.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because in our game, like when you have ten years or more, people want to, you know, call you washed up and say you know you're old that when when.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's not true in no other genre of music. It's only true in hip hop. So we want to change that.
Speaker 1: So that's depending on how you looking at it, you know, because because washed up trying to get you clean.
Speaker 2: You know, the bat that they don't mean it in a good way. No, no, they mean it mind bo.
Speaker 3: So you know we wanted to give your flowers. Man, you know said you deny that. Man, it was crazy about it. Man, Yeah you're just your boris and yeah you got the calm. Fuck damn yeah, distracting me, distracting.
Speaker 2: Oh but you're the scography.
Speaker 3: What who's the favorite artist you would like to work with that I would like to work with.
Speaker 2: Or that I did both? Okay, one did you say you have?
Speaker 1: Definitely I got I gotta get. I mean I got I just recently got a locks locks joint.
Speaker 2: But I gotta get a dolo Jada.
Speaker 1: I've been had my styles Me and Styles that's brothers that he from. You know he originally from Corona, right he did tell us, Yeah, styles from Corona. So I got with him, and I gotta get a dolo loots joint. So I gotta get like a dolo Jada kiss joint and a dolo lose joint.
Speaker 2: Doctor Dre Nigga said, the locks, Yeah, the locks, that's crazy. That's that's easy.
Speaker 1: Somebody, doctor Dre or what me and Dre rhyming on something that would be hard, that would be beat together. Oh now he do the beat, not just rom on. That'd be that boy man for years. That that's that's no, No, that's that's that's hard.
Speaker 2: I can see that. I can see how that studio session.
Speaker 1: Look yeah, yeah, yeah, and the bombs bursting the air over the studio and ship. Motherfucking fireworks burst the whole session. Fireworks just going on the whole session.
Speaker 2: Who's who's your favorite artist to work with? That grist the rhymes get out here and these times this you know it varies throughout the throughout the days and years, but I would say right now because he he busts stayed on active duty like some dudes flip fade into the you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Best that should get right and ship and another one I would like to work with Man my man, fat Man, fat Man.
Speaker 2: Thigga's name in New York.
Speaker 8: Frank Sinatra, you got some real.
Speaker 1: New York to shure man. You know how it is man, you know that's where I'm at. Man, that's where I'll be at. Bab and the locks. That's your dream collapse. Oh no, he said he had the locks. You said you had. Yeah, I got the he got a dolo jada and looks joint. Yeah for sure, Okay, sure, I mean there's many more. I got a to do list, you know, I got a long to do list. Man, That's that's what to keep me here. Oh man, I just said some of the Grand Master Caz. Actually, if you want to go to the other end of the that's crazy and it's and it's fire fire. So I just sent poets something. We're gonna go back to New York now because you know, hold on all right, So now if you want, if you want to talk about all this, Like young Droe was always ill to me, Young Droe was always super ill to me.
Speaker 2: T I is always l to me. I can hear you and I together on the joint Ross Ross Ross.
Speaker 1: That's luxury balls right there. You got some luxury balls on it. Yeah, now yo, all that man, Now we listeners.
Speaker 2: Man, we've let yo. Man, why you don't you know what song? Don't get enough credit?
Speaker 1: Man? The ship you and Pete Rod did Man that vitamin ship. Man that ship.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I got a man. Yo.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, everybody right there, put that song on your platefist and go sit in the staircase somewhere. Go just go sit in the staircase with a bottle of something and listen to that ship. That ship is and you have your own part our joint.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was my favorite on that. I was like, man, why this do wait so long? Man?
Speaker 1: We didn't been yo this dude, man, But the industry does that. You know what I'm saying. It does that. You know what I'm saying, like, Yo, no, you old school transit you know all that ship. I'm like, there's plenty of him.
Speaker 3: I've been wanting to work with you. But that was a great thing. And you know what was great about that. I was just speaking to my man Hazardous and he said, you know, you were his joint and then he goes, oh yeah, he goes, he goes with Prodigy And that's how powerful to has did the whole on mega album, YEA Sounds Engineers.
Speaker 2: Saying that's how powerful it was.
Speaker 3: He he mentioned it like it was me, you and Protiesty because Producty was in the video. At the time, people thought me and Prodiesty was beefing. So we did like like a a stand office and then we smacked five.
Speaker 2: And it was all love you you were you.
Speaker 1: I know, I see what you're doing man, I see what you do man, and you you definitely be taking that page out of oxbook where you where you? You know what?
Speaker 2: I'm the whole, Yeah, the whole. I mean it makes the whole. You know, bro, what wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: The show?
Speaker 2: So right, come on, you gonna quick caraspin straighten the rules, will give you two choices. I ain't drinking, no crazy ship.
Speaker 9: This is an shots of that. Okay, so two choices. You picked one. We're not drinking, but you say both are neither we're drinking, so you gotta pick one. Basically all right, you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Be I could do that. All right. Let's set it off. You go for a bigger or big.
Speaker 10: L get my shot ready though, let's say big L okay, got any good big L stories?
Speaker 1: The picture of his album cover, that first album cover is my grandmother building. Oh wow, wow, that's that's where I went. That was Grandma's house. You know what I'm saying. When I was coming right there on the Hunt thirty ninth for Linux, that's Grandma's house, you know what I'm saying. So that's where I was going for Thanksgiving, all that, you know, all that fly ship we do. You know what I'm saying, We go see Grandma's ship. That's where I was going. And plus, because you know Big Big, no Big is the same, were the same age, you know what I'm saying. So Big that boy, he's in my heart. I never got to work with Big though, right Man.
Speaker 2: I met him once. He was going to get them chip phones.
Speaker 1: Man, I remember, man uh uh fucking my man fresh Gold and was shipping the phones at the time and ship and bust Bus had to plug this shit and he's like yo pee And so I went and bus. They had like a long night, I think, and shit, and he was still up for the morning and shit, and he's like, yo flat Bush. So I met him and she was Bus was living right there and on flat Bush Avenue like right downtown, like yo. Honestly, right now where he was living is diagonal from where the ball Clays is.
Speaker 2: That's where he was living. So he's boom.
Speaker 1: I came He's like, Yo, I'm gonna make one stop and then he stopped off and dropped big Olf and I was like, oh, shoot you out of that. Nigga was like yo, He's like, yo, give me a beat man. I was like yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: And that was it, man, Biggie on a large prov been crazy, that had been crazy. Now.
Speaker 1: I felt the connection because, like I said, were the same age. So I felt the connection, like and he was just a wild out nigga, Like we was wild out dudes, like all that barbecue shit. Oh there's some wildout shit I'm saying so like and he just said some wild out ship. He was saying some flagrant like wild ship at the time, you know. So I felt that vibe, like Yo, it was the same along the same lines as nots Wow or DMX dm Max read some Peace both Lost Boys or ONNYX Lost Boys. I grew up with mister Cheeks. We used to break dance in the hallway. God, we just had cheeks on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that first time, the first time he's ever talked about freaky tow on camera.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that I was.
Speaker 1: I was that's he big up Jay Raft, Chief of staff Man for whatever. That's that's that's who I grew up with in Flushing, and that's Cheek's cousins. So he we was like breakdancing days, like from way back, like me and mister Chief. As a matter of fact, on Main Source album, on the break In Adams album, there's a shout out to Lost Boys on it, way before they came out.
Speaker 2: Wow, and there was just a crew.
Speaker 1: They was just a crew. Yeah, that's that's the Cheeks. Yeah, I mean, super love to my man. You know when I see it, you know we're gonna get together and ship. My man, fred gioe motherfucker stick yo. Because my story, my my peripheral story to that is shallow, Shot Skills.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The man that produced the Onyx album, you know, the first Hox album, Slam Throw your Guns. I grew up with Shallow. You know what I'm saying, Shot Skills, that's my man. He grew up in Flush building, you know what I'm saying, down cold and ship. Like some of them records that was used for the Onyx album is my records, you know what I mean? Like he was you know what I mean, Like we that was flush, flush and shallow and Mike like that we we're gonna get into that or not, like, yeah, we got a little we got a little powers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because we gonna come back because we go through this Cormega or Mike Geronimo.
Speaker 1: Cor mega he said it like that cormega now cor mega. All right, Now my story with Mike my Geronimo. When my parents said, yo, you could go outside by yourself for the first time, the first person I met was Mike Geronimo.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think he said that here. No, no, yeah, yeah, he's did.
Speaker 1: When they said when I always had to go outside with my posts and my sister whoever whatever, And the first time they said, yo, you could go outside by yourself, the first person I met was Mike Geronimo.
Speaker 2: Mike Geronimo, where was this that?
Speaker 1: And call out Flushing Queens? Yeah, call out tower was Flushing Queens, New York. I remember that was my first friend. And he called you Paul or something Paulie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We don't never call you pall we call you lost the festival, was Paul. No, that was me man, Paulie.
Speaker 1: Man. That's that's how your sister would know me, sister, Paul. Yeah.
Speaker 2: ASR ten or SP twelve hundred.
Speaker 1: As R ten absolutely because the SP twelve hundred. I want to explain some of these destitutions because the SP twelve hundred I was. I was, I was fed up man, because I was trying to hold on to that ship.
Speaker 2: Man, God bless moms man. Moms. My moms was like.
Speaker 1: Cutting edge with technology, so like you know, it'd be like, Mommy, give me the newer data. She's like, Mommy, give me the new computer. All right, well what we're talking about? Like all right, how much is that?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? It's like she was she knew what I needed. You know.
Speaker 1: She's like, nigga, you gonna go fuck them sneakers up this shit.
Speaker 2: You I know you're going to. So it was that type of thing. So I was.
Speaker 1: I was always like s P twelve hundred out, I might have died in a grave like they might have like been burying me with like with the s B twelve hundred, like that's how much real? Like and and then like Rizzi and all these dudes mo b, all these honorable producers they start coming out and then like you know, I'm geek out and ship I'll be like, yo, what machine you using what's this and you know saw yo the ASR ten to three thousand of this that now, fuck that SP twelve hundred man, that's that's my ship.
Speaker 2: I'm killing them with that.
Speaker 1: And then the reason why is because the s B twelve hundred, when you tune your drums, it's gonna start crapping out. On the ASR ten when you tune your drums, it will sustain and simply, you know, just just functions, you know what I mean, the ASR ten does more than the SB twelve hundred.
Speaker 2: That's why I say that good right, so great, Produce the fucking breakdown right there. Your next one, it goes right into the next one analog or digital.
Speaker 1: Analog, the analog with that analog and then and then you could go to digital because it's going it's gonna preserve that analog. That funk that that bump from the analog.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, no one's ever said that's the smartest way to answer that is because you can you can do. You can start an analog and then you can transmit the digital digital.
Speaker 1: That funk, that bump whatever that is that you got an analog that you know what you're doing, Get on it's going.
Speaker 2: And then you just did did you you know?
Speaker 3: Did you always say that's far because you have always say that the music back then was better because of analog, because.
Speaker 2: We had to make it together. It was a community. Analog made it community. Right now, you can send me a beat. I could be in Paris, who's unprofessional. You could be in Paris, I could be in Russia and we can still make a record together. But if we both in Flushing, if we both in left right, were both in Quezan, were both in power Play studios, how much better would it come? With y man hands on.
Speaker 1: Like it?
Speaker 2: I got my man.
Speaker 1: I was just working the other day with my dude, Dennis Kellman man yo, and we was doing it like that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He from he from the Hurst, from East Elmhurst.
Speaker 2: He on the rise. Yo.
Speaker 1: We was in the lab doing it like that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: I was actually in the studio. I had the drum machine. He was in there like it was crazy. I was like damn this, you know. And then the the engineer, James Mullen, he's like power Play alumni. So we in the building are still there. The building is still there, you know, axing them is still in there. You know, do you know Axes, Axes still there man, Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Illmatic or ready to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Allmatic. I would say so too, Sirmatic, nas j Z drink drink.
Speaker 1: It's Champagne anyway, because you're talking about two cool niggas that made it.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, damn, you could take a drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I take a drink to both of them about the worried up.
Speaker 2: Now he's gonna he's gonna look Sampaine. I'm gonna sick with Champagne to I'm gonna take a look.
Speaker 1: Like they both they both they both project brothers. They both project brothers that made it. You know what.
Speaker 2: You can see them in versus.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I think Jay will win because he got just a lot more like just people anthems, you know what I'm saying, Nas got like And it depends on the setting also, like if we like down the block at museum like that, Nas, you know what I mean. But if we like in some arena or some type of ship like that, like I think Jay because just like you know, like us, he just got them people anthems that it's just it's bananas, like you know Na's got them heaters though, Na's got motherfucking on the reel. See that's how now kill him if you just go to the gutter like now for like on the reel, dud uh, motherfucking I did it my way up the side, Yeah, the B side.
Speaker 2: I just caught it.
Speaker 1: A double of that album on vinyl. Uh, the lost tapes and the other joint. What's what's the joint? We're listening to, news man. You gotta love it, You gotta love it. You gotta love it. Clears a lot of ship out. You gotta love it, clear a lot of ship out. A lot of niggas got like they you gotta heap up like four, five or six songs because Nas could just put on put you gotta love it back on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just clear niggas if he was performed the whole.
Speaker 1: And no ideas original, no ideas of original, so he got he's just not paying attention to them heaters like he got heaters that if he switched his show, he gets treacherous, It gets tangerous. Were like you you gotta start doing that vitamins on stage in your show. Big up rod Digger because we was in v A and we're doing the show. As a matter of fact, you was on the show. We were red man. You I think I was there with d I T. C.
Speaker 2: Law for them.
Speaker 1: It was a nice show and v A and Rod Digger was we was she was doing a sound check. I was like, Digga, you doing that that Pete Rob joint And she was like, I don't know. And I was like, nah, you got to, you got to. And I seen Nigger like not too long ago. She's like, I'm still doing the Pete Rock was like, Yo, so you too, man, you gotta do that Pete Rock ship. That vitamin ship is crazy. Everybody get that on your playlist now that ship crazy juice or New Jack City Juice Juice je Juice is hip hop like that. That's me right there, like that pock is in Juice like crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That inspired me to Yeah you ever met Hell, Yeah, you call me Professor Maine Sauce.
Speaker 2: Professor Main Sauce.
Speaker 1: Was because they you know, Cali, Cali, I think they like that on the Friendly Game of Baseball. Joints.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, motherfucking faking the that.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, yo, But they rock with the friendly game of baseball joint and so you know, like I had a lot of love early from Cali brothers, like they was like, so pack was one of them, man, he was always like, Yo, that's my nigga Professor Main Sauce with some.
Speaker 2: Baby I got to flick.
Speaker 1: You met him underground digital underground No right when he was getting ready to right when you do to his thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it must have been kind of crazy though, when everything started popping off.
Speaker 1: Oh, when everything's yeah, no, I mean because it's just another one of them brothers. That's just like popping off. Like it's like the fireworks. You just see them ship start popping off. You like, oh ship that one, Oh that one over there. It's like that with everybody, Like nah, it's like apatche Like you know what I'm saying, Like you just seeing everybody popping off, Oh ship who MC or dje DJ because you were're running your mouths that shit, ain't you know what I mean? You gotta keep running your fucking mouth. Just keep running your mouth, you know what I'm saying, Like, Oh, all right now, but just playing some tunes. That ship is forever. We could do that ship for fold one hundred thousand hours. You know what I'm saying, to shut your fucking mouth, like listening to the records and shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, who did you rap on for Ness? Oh man, that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Definitely be another drink right there. I love both of them brothers, man, I love yo because for Neess, for Neess first and foremost, both of them is bosses. You know what I'm saying. I'll tell you the sort. Like for Neess was the first brother that came to me, like you know, in New York, we was kind of like, yo, the offices, the office, you know, the office. We wasn't like them brothers down South where it's like yo, fuck that we're gonna press our own ship up and do what we do, you know what I mean. He was like, Yo, We're gonna go to the office real quick, see if we could get it by so. But Finess was one of the first brothers that came to me and was like I finished the remix. I'm like yo, so you know, I'm go to the office and she's like no, no, no, I got you like, I got you like and he reached in his pocket and was like bomb that's you right there and ship and I'm like, oh shit, like So that was one of the first brothers I seen like boss up like on his own, like where he was all in nigga. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know when you get the budget for that. We're here the.
Speaker 1: Budget and you dispersed the funds, you know what I'm saying, not the label like he was all in nigga, Like, yo, I give me the whole budget and I'm gonna disperse the funds. So and g rap Man g rap actually like that brother.
Speaker 2: Man. He rapped from Corona.
Speaker 3: He's from Yeah, of course I remember him living in Left Rock at one point.
Speaker 1: No, he was heavy and left Rag Shannon is still out there, man, like all the people still out there man. And yeah, g Man g taught me like like the finer things, you know what I mean. It's like treat yourself.
Speaker 2: He like that.
Speaker 1: Not caviall, but like you know, shrimp scampy, shrimp scampy.
Speaker 2: That's that's basic diner ship, you know. I mean, I wasn't when you when you're young. That's that's already up there. That's up the yo. Listen, man, I tell you a funny story. I'm gonna tell you a funny story.
Speaker 1: Me and Fatal follow Eric B and Freddie Fox around for like for like a half an hour, like an hour, and they went to the Buccaneer dining. The buck used to be on the ass story here right boom.
Speaker 2: So we we went in there.
Speaker 1: We're sitting at the other table over there. And ship we got like we we we could if we if we get something to eat, man, we we kind of dead in the water after that, Like yo, if the gas went out on this ship, we dead in the water. I mean it's good we get local. But all right, you know every b he happy. He was like, yo, man, get them brother something to eat man, Like yo, yo, So we you know I come from that type of ship man. So you know, g Rap showed me like, Yo, treat yourself man. Like we was in Queen Center, Like Yo, Paul man, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get some kicks.
Speaker 1: Make yo, Paul, get some kicks man right out ship me and Queen Center and ship.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Yo, what g Rap getting buying kicks? Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like that ship was crazy man, Like you, Paul man, what you're gonna get the steak man? What you gonna get You're gonna get the Yo. I'm like, now I'm getting ready to get a burgers nigga, get the strict. I'm like, I'm gonna do that. Man, See what that life is about, you know, Yeah, drink that one absolutely yeah, man of super ill lyricist. Man, we we wanded off. They don't even remember the subject matter. But Yo, it's crazy man, big up g rapping for nets the Lords or Brand Nubian Jungle Brothers.
Speaker 2: Nah. Now, but let me see. I mean that says a lot.
Speaker 1: Say let me see tribe called quest of Brand Nubies. You know, you know for a fact that I'm gonna definitely say the tribe because that's that's that's my that's you know, I'm a part of the tribe.
Speaker 2: I'm a part of the tribe like.
Speaker 1: That's you know, that's that's that's my family that embraced me after Main Sauce dissolved for me. You know what I'm saying. Q Tip was coming due. He was like, Yo, bro, we're not gonna You're not gonna be in no great area and no time like nigga you actually getting ready to be better than you was.
Speaker 2: Just just just come through.
Speaker 1: I'ma come get you know, come through here and there Dah dah and Yo Nah tribe man, but big super super big up to Brand Nubian because them brothers are still on active duty and they they they Yo forever man, like those is the dudes I was on like when when my run was strong with Maine Sauce, like a lot of them bills was Maine Sauce, Brand Nubian leaders of the New School like you will see them flyers like in Denver and here like with those with that same line up, so big up Brand Newby and that was those was the road dogs, big like we're big.
Speaker 2: Up John scott Man, that was the road dog too. That was the manager road Managers.
Speaker 1: Sh Midnight Marauders or low in theory. I'm gonna say low in theory because you know that was that was more when they was your faces on Might Maradas though. Absolutely, my hands, my soul, my heart is all do that man for real?
Speaker 2: Now for real?
Speaker 1: That that's that's he bicked me up all through that album, because that's when that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They embraced me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like they brought me in like as a collaborator with that, and it's like, yo, you know, like how you feel about this? And it was like, oh ship, Like yo, I'm able to say something about a tribe, call quest record and give input into it, like, yo, I think you need to rock the Brotherren drums with that? All right, let me try it, yo. That ship worked like I'm gonna fuck with it.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 3: Fife was probably one of the most competitive. Let me yo, A lot of people. I've never said this story. A lot of people don't know this. He didn't like that jacked his lie what line? He goes, both know this and bo no, jack wow, because I said what did I say?
Speaker 2: I said, no, we know this and don't know that? But real no, gad wow because Norri buck that and Fife was always like you kind of destroyed my ship and I was just like what, I'm like, oh, gee, I'm giving you love. He's like, no, I want to take one of your lines. Norri I was like yo, like to the versus like he was like, it's a good way, a good way.
Speaker 3: And when you hear stories about Kobe Bryant and you see like Michael Jordan's sees a mathic Johnson and he goes where your sneaking?
Speaker 2: Is that right now? Like that's who fight reminded me of. So I missed, I missed the ship out of the fight man versus I am going to take a shout out. I am going to take a shot.
Speaker 1: We used to no, we know, we used to sit in in his grandmother's basement. Tip had a set up in there. Uh and they was like, my grandmother Tips grandmother, Fight's grandmother. Okay, that's the that's the one that's right there about the cleaners. Okay when we to check the rom okay video So diagonal diagonal from there is on five grandma's crib.
Speaker 2: That's where the.
Speaker 1: Mural is at and all that, the tribe mural and all that. So yeah, we used to sit in the basement. That's when they was working on midnight marauders and Yo, he used to just be sitting there just watching the sports, the sports run down, playing the video games, just listening to us going at the beats. You know, he'd be like, yo, nah, that ship is all right right there. You know, you like, Yo, this shit crazy right here. Me and Tipping They're like, Yo, this shit crazy right here. You're like, Yo, that's all right right there. But he watching TV like you know, sitting to the side and ship just listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fight fight, that's my man. Take that drink. Yeahdvor Bismarck and to them as well, to them as well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say O d B. Really, I'm gonna say O dB, because O d B encompassed it all like Biz was just like he Biz. What I realized after all these years was that he just always appealed to a child in us. Always, he always appealed to the to the most innocent part of our lives. I ain't look at it like that.
Speaker 2: No, the point that he did Yo gab him and forty five King.
Speaker 1: No, actually, this this was I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna be honest. My my comedic sense I got I didn't get from comedians. I got it from Biz. Mark me trying to mimic Biz because I thought was when when when I heard picking Booker's I thought that was the most genius because I was, like I pitched it. I visualized him doing everything that right, It's like to.
Speaker 1: Have fun, like to have you see you see how you see where like that hit the strip right now right he's Molly ma or Q tip Molly Molly Mollie, Oh my god, and Q Tip would say Molly. Q Tub would say, Mally Man. Mall is the father of.
Speaker 2: Hip hop production period.
Speaker 1: Like I was gonna say queens, but like Perriod, like Mally's production and hip hop like that.
Speaker 2: I always like, we're all a part of my leaning. Man.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, when I like because Mally Scratch, Now, when I listen to it, because that was one of the first I remember, bro I listened to the radio, I listen all that ship.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I remember, Man, when Molly Scratch came out, ship changed because he was starting to use samples and it just sounded like some old It sounded like he took some ship off the flintstones, like the drums was off the flintstones.
Speaker 2: It was sounded like some bed rock ship.
Speaker 7: It was like.
Speaker 1: Like a nigga was doing that ship on rocks and sticks or some ship. And I'm like, damn, this ship is ill like it's but it's it's it's the equivalent of how we were doing that ship in the lunch room. So I'm like, oh man, this is starting to translate a little different. Were coming out of it like that, you know, because they was doing the band. It was like.
Speaker 2: Map and know all that ship like all right cool. So now he was breaking it back down to them, Yeah, leaving like the disco sound too. Yeah, and no high hat.
Speaker 1: Ship like that, and so it was like, all right, where we going because this is our language now, this is the language we speak like. No R and B person could come in here and say, oh you did that wrong and nothing like that. You know that's out of key or nothing like that. This is our language now that we speak. And if the ship is wrong, we like it.
Speaker 2: And we rocking. That ship is uniquely hip hop exactly. That's what we rock.
Speaker 1: So yeah, nah, I'm always the father that like. You know, we we get busy man.
Speaker 2: The motherfucking building, young bro, young broke. That's my young bro. Like man, you too, you know that. You know that's young bros right there. Lord oh my young girl was in the building. Man.
Speaker 1: Cali need to be here too, MANI Kali Man.
Speaker 3: That's young Bro's a alchemist. I would say, dolcumists yesterday.
Speaker 2: I love a man. Alice my brother too.
Speaker 1: That's young bro to man Like al is incredible man and he's just he's the mind boggler. Alix another you are mind boggler too, but and trash trash to mind bottler too, you know. For yeah, al Man, big up my man, A L A L Ski.
Speaker 3: DJ Clue took a shot. I'm in, I'm in, Jamie, get another shot. I'll catch up.
Speaker 2: I love both of them, brothers. Can you give Tyler Qually some Japanese whiskey here? He has no choice? Exactly my point, exactly my brother. You know you bro? Yeah, you got the next one? Yeah, n PC three thousand and two thousand, Uh.
Speaker 1: The NPC, I would say the three thousand because the sound is it's just that it's that thick sound, all right. So what did I do on the three thousand?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: I did rewind on the three thousand, Yeah, I did. I did that on the three thousand. I did uh state chisel on the three thousand.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And like the two thousand, the two thousand, that's Jay Love's thing. Jay Love is the two thousand, DJ j Love up, Big up Jay Love, man, he do his thing with that. But I ain't never really get into but the three thousand was like that thick like it just got that that that like yeah, like you get that.
Speaker 13: Fat describe Yeah, for sure hip hop. Sure, I know that's that lab top. I probably know the answer to this one. The actual sample or playing the sample over.
Speaker 1: Oh, the actual sample, the actual sample is funky. It's funky. Oh, it's funky. It's off the record. It's off the You gotta have it off the record, man, you gotta have it off the record. Bro, man is funky like that. Man, you gotta keep it funky. Pete Rock, Pete Rock, my Man and Rashaw Smith. Yo, it's so many Lord for next man, oh yo, just blaze, you know, man, we keep it funky.
Speaker 2: We keep it funky. Jungle Brothers or that I saw.
Speaker 1: For for now because I said this, I said this, and you know I love Daylight yo too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: But it's definitely the Jungle Brothers because they they was the first brothers out and they.
Speaker 2: When you see them perform, they've been performing a.
Speaker 1: Lot lately, man, and you just you see how much sprouted from them brothers. Man, like yeah, just the native tongue us.
Speaker 2: At Jungle. The JB's ain't really get they just do. I think they may be not really.
Speaker 1: How everybody was, you know, like I said, you got to think it was like the fireworks he was like, oh ship, that little redby Oh ship that like everybody was popping off. And then it was like you know what I mean, like some people they fireworks.
Speaker 2: Was a little line in my time. In my generation, I think the younger brothers dig I don't think so.
Speaker 1: The JB's that's crazy. What's another one? Girl out househo?
Speaker 2: Girl house?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's another one? Jim Browski, can you name one without me prompting you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Baby's directory. We mixed up with what Man? We got the mixes READYO what Kanye or Forrell? Oh Man? I might have to drink to that because that's both young bros.
Speaker 1: Kanye forgot when he gave me when he showed me love like it's funny. I still haven't met Kanye. What sall ain't mean Kanye? That's crazy word to this day, and I had so much info for him. I got this sample for him, man, this ship, this Manu to Bengo joint. When they was doing the Nas and Kanye album, there's this Minu de Bengo song where it sounds like he's saying Kanye and Nas in the song wow. And I wanted to get that message to them. But it be, you know, when the industry shit start happening. Man, it'd be so hard to get in contact with dudes how you used to, you know, like I'd be like the direct connect like yo, you know that's how I am sporadic, like yo, oh shit, you heard this ship that type of thing, so you know. But yeah, man, I got a drink to that man because I love both them. Yr Pharrell always show love. Man. I got flicked with Pharrell like doing the du praying.
Speaker 2: Hands and hugs and all that.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: But I still ain't met Kanye.
Speaker 1: Man, and I have so much info form, Like you know, I got family in Chicago soul.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't want to meet it right now. No, I'm not anytime. The good time musically it would be amazing. Musically would be made the.
Speaker 1: Difference, man, Man, Man, pick up your pops. Damn, I am drink a gallon now you know what I'm saying. You got to drink a gallon. That's crazy mob deep or m O p mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace, Prodigy.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, I've been you know, because I've been DJing a lot lately, so and on vinyl too. So I've been having my vinyl I got my vinyl with you be doing it and we should have bought that vinyl. And I want to bring kind of you know, we said floor yeah.
Speaker 2: Trying to get I'm trying to get out of back to DJing. But he got your vinyl. Yeah, I didn't go digital. I didn't go right now you still just do vinyl? Yeah at parties. Yeah, I prefer that because of a man from from my so whatever. Who your crew carries the crates? I do you? Yeah, that's for that. How we did not work out in these days.
Speaker 1: Daily my people see me on the Long Island Railroad daily like I'll be like, yo, boa my mans, yo, dance lord stored up man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now we do.
Speaker 1: And I just the.
Speaker 2: Queen trying not to say queens, you got the boat's arms and he does. He can't even.
Speaker 1: Became love system Mac word it up for life, pun or prodigy, Damn to scorts man. My brothers to man hell man, both of them niggas l and they was relentless man like they say some ship man, just like say some ship that might bother you. That ship might bother you, you know what I'm saying. And you got to live with that ship all right, Eminem stad case Ship Stad case ship.
Speaker 2: M or bus man.
Speaker 1: Em just shouted me out man in that speech. Man, that's another brother I evern't met. Still when you asked when.
Speaker 3: I asked you earlier artist that you would like to work with, I thought he was gonna say Eminem or doctor Drade.
Speaker 2: He said, now m m man Yo, he was probably wild. Wow.
Speaker 1: Like if I threw a track up like I don't. I don't know if I you know, because I sent I sent things in before I sent to it working, yo, send something. I sent things. So maybe him gotta come bless something for me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like maybe heard or just got everyone would destroyer lost professor b I gotta get.
Speaker 2: I gotta give him that the best way I can hear that I can hear. Oh my god, the bombs were bursting.
Speaker 1: Like that's where we need to get with music, like some of these collaborations that still need to happen, Like I just recently did a joint with my man Al Scratch from Scratch.
Speaker 12: Love It on Scratch Man, and they still do Dope Ship. I've been checking out their new ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I did the joint with Ol Scratch and the ship started ringing off everybody. Yo, it was your man lows Man, classic material class loos.
Speaker 2: You know he's part of that. Like Yo, we didn't Yo, we we got Whenever you come home man, you know, man, listen, listen, let me get you, let me get you. Let me give you a good example. Let me just say you. I'm out here. Six months.
Speaker 3: My life is finally getting back together, right, finally getting back together my here six months.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy with Eddie Giggs in the in the person. Actually that actually, that is that time. It is that time.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it's fifth TV Eddie gas and then yes, yeah it's unlimited.
Speaker 2: So so I go to New York. Forget what club it is.
Speaker 3: It's on thirty it's like thirty fourths something and there's off the Western Highway. So I'm coming with the Miami attitude. I'm like, no, no, no, there's not tune.
Speaker 2: No, this is this is this is, this is the two thousands.
Speaker 3: This is like fifteen years ago when I first moved to Miami. And what I realized was when I come back to New York, I have to be mad for no reason. Like you can see look you have to have that New York brother.
Speaker 1: Brother. Listen, now this is what happens man New York. Now you don't have to be mad for New York can make you mad because you know, as soon as you touchdown the fucking escalated old world, you got to this other ship. Now this bush don't work. This ship is right slowly, you know what I mean? Like, you know, yo, even if you and you know you got the luxury life and you're gonna do this, there's mad traffic. You know you You're like, man, fucking let me just stop off at Farmers and gets some budd real quickly.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest because when I first moved to Miami, I wouldn't see a lot of people. And then I remember when I was staying there. I stayed in the Western on fortieth Street, and I went downstairs a smoking cigarette. I still smoking cigarettes at the time. I went downstairs smoking cigarette, and it felt like thirty thousand people just walked by me. So I ran back upstairs to the hotel and I was, you're New York, come motherfucker up.
Speaker 5: A pet.
Speaker 2: I went back downstairs, I smoked the bund and I was like Yeah, motherfucker. You gotta realize like it's a different world. See Miami is a party town, but if you don't want to party, you don't have to party out here. You can actually be low man. So but you know I noticed that.
Speaker 3: Now when I go back to New York, I gotta build up my attitude. N w A or who take clan?
Speaker 2: He pasted the BACONI nobody, said eminem of Buster no Acanelian Nature. Oh you got to ask that. I just did Nature. You know, I gotta go with our.
Speaker 3: Rock in the strip club right now, finger popping song.
Speaker 2: Man, your shout Nature.
Speaker 1: Shout out, Mama, love, shout out, Yachty, shout out.
Speaker 2: Yo is my brother like like no other man. For real, Man, I love Yo. Man? And who else was he against? Who? Nature? Oh? Nate Nature? Come on, Nate Nature, your Maine, Baxter, Nate because your main yachsta All right?
Speaker 1: Well see Nate mean Nature, Me and Nate. Still, that's another one of my peoples that I gotta you know what I mean, I gotta get that working with you know, like he we I think me and Nate might be around the same age too. Yeah, yeah, for real, ya.
Speaker 2: Nate is hell Nate. He's a slick, he's elusive. He'll throw you off thinking n w A Wu Tang and w.
Speaker 1: A And that's ill because I just I just picked up my vinyl of Etho Zagon, the n w A Joint, the Ethoszagon, the Niggas for Life Backwards joint.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that album is crazy.
Speaker 1: So who you're picking, sir, let's talk about now. But let's talk about that album now. But uh wou Tang Boutang, there's too many motherfucking.
Speaker 2: For both of them is crazy. No, but it's too many bangers.
Speaker 5: Lord.
Speaker 1: Now it's just put me on to the to the soul, the soul in soling the whole soundtrack banger.
Speaker 2: Well, that ship is crazy. I just got that on vinyl.
Speaker 1: Like you talking about projects, You talking about heaters, you talking about that Saint I's commercial, You talking about the storm, you talking about it's too wul Tang really did what they said. They came as swarm niggas with mad bangers. Man, Yo, it's two when you are music person.
Speaker 2: Like I am.
Speaker 1: I'm getting ready to do one fifty one on Avenue C in l e S on June sixth, coming up.
Speaker 2: All my people's gonna come out.
Speaker 1: They're gonna it's gonna be packed in there, and I'm bringing out all that Wu Tang I'll be bringing out that Wu Tang shit. I'll be bringing out all that produced by Pete Rod shit, all that adored, let it all hang out and down with the king and all that five ship like the Kings really killing or man crazy, just bringing all that nostalgia back to youngins is right there. My man laid for dinners in here. He's one hundred percent down with that. This man's twenty like early twenties and he's right there with that. Shit's like, yes, that's what it is. So I feel great about these times. Man, it's great times right now.
Speaker 2: So elkolj big that he can man take a shot definitely. Man.
Speaker 1: I love both of them, definitely. Man, Yo, you can't give it our little Japanese. Oh God, I'm watching, Yeah, yes we are. Soon as you finished about.
Speaker 2: It, bro came you know you didn't come out. Did you hear it? Did you hear it? Because text me the other day I heard that about it.
Speaker 1: I heard that joint I produced for for you, and uh uh, y'all seen I never joined that you're gonna professor bro yo, bro, what we got like six joint, six sessions like yeah, it's fire my man, right yo, yo were good man, you got yo get that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, we and already we This ain't nothing that we got to do or nothing. That's what the work is in. Yeah y'all have yeah we yeah, we already. It makes me feel bad because it's like I only got like one or two songs with Flush, like one song with you like this.
Speaker 2: We got the pizza joint. We got the pizza joint. CNN.
Speaker 14: That's the CN I'm taking take. I take a shot for that, the CNN joint. Man, okay, Rock Kim okay Rest, but k r Rass over.
Speaker 2: Rock k r Rass Krst. You couldn't even say his name earlier, but I guess so k R rest one, KRS one. I would think you would pick rock him because the rumor is now rock him. Rock him is my big brother. He taught me. He taught me a real lesson in life. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He taught me to be more serious in life. You know what I'm saying, that's the more serious person. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but we'll see Rock kim smile two times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, I see it, Yo, we you know.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing I got thrown off because we used to actually joke like we used to, you know, because he respected my musicality as much as I respected his, you know what I'm saying. So we used to like build and then we got past like all you know, respect do shit. And it was like, Yo, we used to bug out.
Speaker 2: A little bit. So but now Kall res one because kill res one.
Speaker 1: He he comes from a whole different grain man that niggas from the BX, from the original grain of that ship man, and he got too many motherfucking bangers right now. Man, Like I'm telling you, I want to talk about step into a world. You want to talk about a friend you want to talk about in here, I'll be putting.
Speaker 2: Them ships up on the sea man, the MC big up Domingo you man, okay, Primo or beat Rock.
Speaker 1: And you know what. First, the first thing that came to my mind was that motherfucking firing squad beat Man that m.
Speaker 2: O p It was bearing the board.
Speaker 1: Ah Man premire that nigga is I love my brother man and our birthdays of the same day.
Speaker 2: I could tell, and we have both of them on Dream Champs together.
Speaker 1: I can tell you they have to tell. They tell.
Speaker 2: Jazz needed to be big up Chazz man. I love Chad Well, who are you picking?
Speaker 1: Drinking?
Speaker 2: Now? We drink drinking?
Speaker 1: We drinking?
Speaker 3: Man, Ye that's difficult, Yeah, okay, Havoc or DJ Monks.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, my man, have man.
Speaker 1: I love have Man. That's my brother. Trash brought him through my crab right. I was when I when my name was starting to like really ring bells hard trag on Like you know, I was very young and I was working with g rap. I had already mally like my my production for mister Intelligent Hudlam was already in, so I was already had my feet under me, like all right, cool, you got a credit, you got a record, vinyl record with your name on the type ship. So I was already. So now Trag comes through and he got the young and tragic fatal like yo, the young and he was just keewan.
Speaker 2: Like yo, and you go on with Havings real name guy. He was like yo. He looked over my shoulder.
Speaker 1: He was like yo, I'm gonna do that ship one day, and I'm gonna get ill and he had to run back home because he has Yes, that's fire, because he had Grandmam's. He was like, Yo, we gotta get him back and ship because he had like he was like he wasn't even supposed to be gone from the bridge, right, So it's like, yo, got him back and ship, you know what I mean? Like, but half I've been on the hill days they've been like, Yo, nigga, get upstairs.
Speaker 2: Man finished that album, man, Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That type of ship like have I've seen have and his empasy of like production have is a is a super like general king on production.
Speaker 15: Bro.
Speaker 1: Like you could never not let please let me like embellish like because that brother man like, because you never you like, what's what's the joint we always rock with now is the the separated joint that be from the set separated joy that it came in and the in the late See that's what me and na is we be having like the round tables. We be still listening to catalogs like we go out to Hollis real quick bo and we be listening. Yo, that's separated. Put that on your playlist too. That ship crazy like and it's a later production, Like so that's when you know, brothers still got it, like when we did that and you were still able to pop off in the ladder like be cause it was like we thought the popping offs was not popping off no more. It's like, nah, niggas is still able to get this fire works call me them firewords going and ship niggas spitting and ship. Yeah we're good man, Okay.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, Mugs and I feel like havoc, I feel like there is no have it though I know, I know, but I'm saying I feel like that that's a sound year, having just the West Coast and then Alchemists, alchemists and they all they all collaborated.
Speaker 1: Yoa's havoc though, Yeah no, no, yeah, we know we know that we know a B Street across Groove and I love mugs, Mugs.
Speaker 2: Grandmoms live right up the block and Flushing Man. When we we got grandmother your stories, we were just saying.
Speaker 1: That talk to my girl Kate, and I was just saying that I don't know anyone on this planet who didn't know their grandmother. I don't know anyone who everyone I know says like their grandmother. I don't know, anyone said, Yo, I didn't know my grandmother. That's a little crazy and ship. But yeah, nah yeah for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But b street a crush groove, Crush groove, Crush now who you who you who you Cush school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, crush groove now because that's Holliss, that's Holliss, that's you know, that's that's where I live.
Speaker 2: You know I live in Holliss.
Speaker 1: Man, So what oh yeah, oh yeah yeah no we we yo, bro man we yo We Binge watched. We Binge watched because I think like my cable was off for some ship like that. It was doing them rough times, bro, you remember them rough times. We were still making it though, bro We motherfucking yo, I had to beat machine and ships still going.
Speaker 2: Yo. I had it on mute and.
Speaker 1: He's just Binge watching Binge watching Tougher than Leather and Crush group Wes Binge watching We watch that ship every day.
Speaker 2: We was watching Tougher Lever and Yo.
Speaker 1: We just be sitting there laughing, just wilding, like running them light because them niggas was have mad money. But now he's making this wild movie and ship like motherfucker's like got mad money and.
Speaker 2: Ship and he watched the with the Fat Boys. To me, that was a classic see you you wow you for Miami. Class you nobody like that was a class We didn't wash.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: That's when the Fat Boys big up cool rock. It was out here in Miami to absolutely man.
Speaker 1: But we didn't wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not this is a good funny movie. I don't know. I don't know, because that's what you know.
Speaker 1: The fat the Fat Boys were starting to drift away on Twitter and shout like that, like like yo, my brother love.
Speaker 2: If you look up the word you, his picture has to come back.
Speaker 1: He based on skill. That's the first record I made. The first song I made is with my man Shallow shot skills shallow.
Speaker 2: What she said, we're gonna come back to got you man got big on my man Shallow. But that was that was my man.
Speaker 1: He was my DJ at first and my first record. The first song that I made with him was based on skill. It his name based on.
Speaker 3: This is the last one for quick Time of Slim and I'm gonna sell you how much of a fan I am? Me and Draine is gonna battle, are gonna battle?
Speaker 2: All right? That wasn't a quick Time. It wasn't quick at all, It wasn't break at all. Loyalty or respect all right, let me let me let me carefully answer that. I like like, I like that.
Speaker 1: Loyalty or respect. Right, we gotta drink right if you say both, if you want, oh, yeah, for sure, what we usually say.
Speaker 2: That's what we usually that's what that's the easy, right answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love, love is the whole, you know, I accompassed, So drain that.
Speaker 2: Drain here, let's do this. You got to set up hold on. Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 1: Because I mean I think one got to do the other for the other.
Speaker 2: That happen for the other. Take away there, Yeah, yeah, you gotta kind of do one for the other.
Speaker 1: Like okay, well, let me just tell you something. When this record came out, talking to you, brother, this would be very proud of you with that piece.
Speaker 2: Man. Okay.
Speaker 1: He came up to me one time he was like the glock, the right there, the drink. So Biz came up to me one time he's like, yo, Paul man, Paul, I'm never gonna call you, Paul. You always gonna be lost.
Speaker 2: You want to write to know you ain't Marshall. I call it. I call him your real funny. What's so funny is your real name?
Speaker 1: It's so funny because late lately I've been you know, I've been getting that little writing thing, the feeling again and ship, and I've been saying I've been wanting to do a song called government.
Speaker 2: Name Game, Government Name, I'm in, I'm in. It's so crazy, And you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's more on the female side, you know, the female that may have you know, been out there a little social She's always like.
Speaker 3: Well he named everybody's real government name.
Speaker 2: Who did a record like that? No? Did I make that up? Just now? Yeah, it's called the Name Game. Now is he gonna be me? It's then I want to show.
Speaker 16: You, do you know Paulie from fleshing this at this point and him was bounding all day. They did that on the here he was like, Yo, who got this? Now listen, I'm gonna tell you man.
Speaker 2: By the way, hold on, hold on, hold on. Let me just say something that is the hardest breakup record. A lot of people don't realize it's a breakup record. And that's what y'all know, saying y'all hurt, y'all hurt. You say they heard He was like that's what they want. Well, you know, the mirror a little exhale. I mean, I don't like it's mo He said this like it was my hold on because I believe I was here you're a child and helping in hold on him hold on. I didn't realize, he say, I told you looked at the front door and walk through it. Yo, listen, bro man.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy because at that time, this is this is left rag history right here. Man. Because the girl I was down with at that time, we were telling uh Sachema like we you know she Indiana.
Speaker 2: Everybody that's like I said, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yo. We was we was We wasn't good for you, No, we was great. We was great.
Speaker 1: And I found out years later, like one of these mystical people that I met, they told me they was like, you wasn't talking about a relationship. You was talking about a world problem. You was talking about many people's lives. You wasn't talking about your own life. You was talking about an umbrella problem that plagues this world for and.
Speaker 2: That's why these people.
Speaker 1: Because I had to get I had to get like therapy a little bit, not therapy, but like her therapy, like you know, what I'm saying, it was like you did to get through it right, to get through it by because you know, I can honestly admit that my life was kind of sort of sweet a little bit now that I look back, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I had mommy and daddy, big says. You know what I meant. A lot was good in my life.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was a compan the hood. Who has a mother and father, we felt, we felt rich absolutely my mother. To be honest, I did not rich financially, but I was.
Speaker 2: I was. I realized, like you know, it wasn't until like I actually started to go to like forty Projects and Queensbridge and Brownsville, my cousins in Alvie Square Mall and for Green. It wasn't until arrogant excuse me.
Speaker 3: I wasn't until I started to see that a broken family is what makes you poor, not not financial, you know what I'm saying. And I didn't really kind of like realize that until I got older and I realized that ship you said, you said something that was very powerful earlier, you said grandmothers. You're right, a lot of people didn't have they direct parents, but they had the.
Speaker 1: Great everybody I know, there's nobody I don't.
Speaker 2: I tried to raised by the grandparents. There wasn't which is the matriarch, most family.
Speaker 1: Most Yo, I don't know anyone who There's no one who said yo, growing up, I didn't have my grandmother.
Speaker 2: But I was trying to think of that coming here as a matter of fact, sitting there and.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, people said, yo, NOA, my grandpa's alive, my pops mama, but never their grandmother. That's crazy. I knew my grandmother, you know what I mean, I know, mad people. I was trying to think of somebody that I didn't, you know, So that type of thing. That's a good thing to think about. Man, So let me ask you. This is like super super super rumor. I'm not sure if it's a room or if it's true or whatever.
Speaker 2: But it's rumored that, look at all these rumors that I believe the rhythm hit man.
Speaker 1: My man back there looked like Paul real quick, right, he looked like Paul lep right there, right, Look, that's what.
Speaker 3: Is your step. But it's rumored that Eric being rock King was recording the album. Yeah, the producer, that producer got killed or Paul C my mental al right, so yeah and he was white, correct, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's my mentor man, my man, Paul C.
Speaker 1: And that's beautiful that you bought that story up, because it's good that the hood will now know about that because your your show rejected to the hood. Like I said to you, my daughter was like you do what drinking? Yeah for real? So yeah, yeah, so on what happened was.
Speaker 2: Because you was in high school at the time, I was in I was in bound, I was okay, So.
Speaker 1: So what what happened was, like, yo, I think as the story was told to me, Paul's wife was this beautiful, elegant, soul, beautyutiful, stunning, stunningly beautiful black woman from Lowellton, Queens, you know, on one you know. But and I knew her.
Speaker 2: I knew her, you know, like it.
Speaker 1: Was a beautiful marriage, a beautiful union. To me, you know, it was it was the you know, the black and white thing, you know. And yeah, man, Paul got killed. Man, I guess the story was told to me, man that Rock Kim was rolling or whatever, like one of his boys tried to shout at Paul's wife, and Paul's wife was like, actually, you need to, you know, speak to my husband about some beasts because he's fire, you know. And then rock Him was like, all right, well, you know, let me see what's good with that. And then he went seeing Paul and then actually seen that Paul was fire and was like, Yo, we're we're gonna work. And so they clicked the clack, you know that what they had to do and shit, and then Paul was on board.
Speaker 2: We're working with everic.
Speaker 1: Being rock Him and then met in an untimely demise with you know what I mean, like someone coming in his basement and shooting them.
Speaker 2: Man, that's crazy, God bless Yeah. But then that's how you you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I was in the studio with Paul had lent me the SP twelve hundred. This is your lineage right here. Paul lent me the SP twelve hundred that I made intelligent hoodlum on you know, in all of the trash joints that I made, you know what I mean. So, yeah, it's it's thirty plus years now.
Speaker 3: Let me ask because a lot of people considered that ghost producing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the time, I didn't you know, that shit didn't exist like ghost producing. It was just like you know, because I was coming from the purest form of hip hop right now. Shit, I'm like, Yo, you don't bite that man. Shit, you don't you give that man credit. You know that man's fresh, Yo, that nigga. Get that nigga hog and bring him next to you, you know what I mean? Like, Yo, that's my little nigga right here. Shit, I bought him up, you know. And and you know, everybody gonna do what they gotta do and ship they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Act right, you know.
Speaker 1: That's what you did with tried right tras you do the smart little man and she nice Boom you came, you did ya, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So that's that's the whole ship.
Speaker 3: So when you did it, you did it on the strep of Paul. You did it on a strep for knowing whoever being Rocket was.
Speaker 1: I did it on the strength for Fadal getting up with every being and being like, Yo, I got Paul Protege, Protege the brother that was working under Paul. Y'all probably need to and then bom, yo crazy right and then boom. This the story though we went out to wine dance. Fatal was like Yo was Yo. We started we.
Speaker 2: Started my friend from my friend Rah hand from from from Wine Dance. Go ahead dogs.
Speaker 1: We started this trip at like like ten thirty eleven at night on the Wine Dance because he had I guess he they was doing to show something. He had to bring something to rock Himp. So boom, we jetted out there in the wagon. Here I mentioned the Wagoneer and hanging out. Jetted out there in the Wagoneer and ship boom. We went to this first house. It's like seventy seven something something like that out there and ship. They got a Jamaica ave out there in Wan Dance too. Wow, so all that ship. So we went out there, there's seventy seven joint and I was like, oh ship seventy seven, like, oh ship, that's that's rock Kim. House is God God, Like, oh ship.
Speaker 2: He wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Then we went to another house and then they they called him from a basement and shit, he came up. He had the blue BVD on this when he was rocking the dress Rock Kim. Yeah, Rock Kim, and he.
Speaker 2: Said, BBD, that's the shirt, that's the silk shirt. Shit got the bony friend, he got the mad bony friend. So we come out.
Speaker 1: But he got the dress popping down with ship, so this is rock him out of his ultimate peak right now when he did the dress. So he's like yo, and I'm like, oh, Ship, this is the god right now. You got this, you know, he got something stupid swoop it around his neck. I was like, it's the guard right now, like in my face, Like he was like, yo, word, you the next poll all right, man, Yo, come through the lab and Ship he told me. He told me you want to be coming through the lab because every I think, you know, I kind of linked with Eric first and then they was like Eric was like, yo, well go take him out there to rock him.
Speaker 2: See if rock kim on, you know.
Speaker 1: And then and then I was like, ge checked my I kind of get he said you were the next Paul is what he told you?
Speaker 2: Well he that's what he just said, because remember that that was his predecessor was saying.
Speaker 1: And then now we got another poll girl, Paul out there.
Speaker 2: Point and then Paul Leffe. You know, we got a bunch of poles man, and we got to shout out Fatal because you keep mentioning the like Fatal.
Speaker 1: He seems to be all this stuff Fatal is actually the hub that kind of like because he was the one that was going out there and Fatal got that. He got that mind boggless ship. He could walk up on you and and and talk to you, and you would think that you knew Fatal for a hundred years. You know, he just run up on you and talk to you and it just be like like that type of ship. So you know, they got Fatal and what your brother.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and yo, am, come on back because about to Yeah, yeah, talk to me, yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let's keep the whole ship going, the whole ship. Let's get the whole ship going. Burn it up. I see you can't.
Speaker 1: I see I heard up. My man back to he got he chilling back there, he got his drink, he got to he got the.
Speaker 2: Miami shirt on this ship.
Speaker 1: My man back there, she she got to say, he's on the ship.
Speaker 2: Burned up. We got the way day. I got Viney with me too. I got my vinyl. Yeah yeah, yeah, I love Yeah. Yeah, you give you that was nest. But we have you you worry about, get you another one? Yeah yeah you don't care, man, Yeah for you you do this one.
Speaker 1: And yeah yeah, because they actually they actually on comrades from yeh they comrades from a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cora Is is a real one. And Lord did you work at Yes he worked, yes, yes, yes, yes, so like that man, yeah, yes, okay, worried up but you you didn't hear what you just said.
Speaker 17: Just now okay, okay, alright? Cool had has on the audio. Let me ask you because I got my young bro. Good now yo, this is beautiful, man.
Speaker 2: But one of the one of the best New York City songs of life. We had to get to lives some of that smoking moving we got you whatever. Hell yeah, come on one of my you know, New York City. We have anthems from Fake Natra to jay Z. But there's one special New York record. No, the Streets of New York.
Speaker 1: A New York record, right, grap I did not know you produced that? Oh yeah, me and Anton Poshansky.
Speaker 2: Cool, yeah, I need to know how this record was put together. Oh yeah, nah. I came in with you, all right.
Speaker 1: So I was doing nice school that you make a high school. And so after after that I would go in like she would come pick me up, and she had that's when he had the white Maxima. He come, he come down the block and shait I ride the bus back home after night school. Shit. So I was doing nice sessions when it'll be like nine ten o'clock at night, and shit, she would come pick me up. You know, my Mom's and pops was good. They knew I was going out there to get some money, so they was like, all right, go do what you gotta do. So boom we knocking shit out. And you know, some of them sessions ran into like three, four, five, six in the morning and I have to dip the bound no sleep type shit, you know what I mean, Like just boom, touchdown and just have to boom, freshen up and just dip the BWn real quick, you know type shit. But Streets New York was one of them nights where I just I came in, like because what I used to do is try to get what is that on there? The band bank Now he was playing a keyboard. All of them is keyboards. Okay, he was he was.
Speaker 2: Bro the solo. That's when niggas was still doing solos and songs and a hip hop right nine hip hop.
Speaker 1: So it was one of them because even like talk like sex, that was the same thing. It was like I would after school, after night school. Actually I wanted to specify, like so I was, I would come home and try to get a loop or two win real quick before g would come pick me up. So I get home like nine, and so he come pick me up like ten. I try to like dice up like two or three or four loops real quick before he came. So that's how that happened. I diced that loop up, and then I came to the lab. We hit the lab and I was like, yo, boom this joint. And then and Tom like when he heard it, he was like, yo, I can do this and I can do that, and he he just took flight on that ship big up at on because he's really the one that we're talking about with the solo horn and all that ship like because he felt that in his soul, because I just had a certain little I had a like a skeleton for him. And then he took that ship to the next baselines, playing horns, keyboards all that.
Speaker 3: Let's name Great New York Records Streets is New York Streets of New York, New York, State of Mind, New York, State of Mind, Empires, state of Mind, High Tech.
Speaker 2: New York New York with Jada Kiss and all of them on it.
Speaker 3: I forgot that one, that one and New York New York Jarro Frank Sinatra, Yeah that was I forgot New York Ship. Okay, I forgot that.
Speaker 1: Dot X Escape from New York with d Do whatever Pete Rod Production.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm just fields you a nice play.
Speaker 1: When you look back, When you look back, you're gonna listen camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but what about Ja? What about Ja?
Speaker 18: M y m P?
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly and y m P the realist nigger.
Speaker 2: That's and why your loves bro the most that I love them.
Speaker 1: Pre roll for the Southern We yo yo yo, and know we got yo, we got this smoking beas.
Speaker 2: Thing happening man out here. Man never tried Japanese whiskey. When Jay said it, I knew what even So you know, does you want some big No, I don't know. I don't. I'll be somewhere over there like sharing man.
Speaker 4: Ship my nigga Supreme in the building, Yo Yong supreme in the hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you want to a glass of it? I would like a nice neat. Yeah, yeah, I mean you know what, I want a glass? You didn't get him one.
Speaker 3: We gotta give large pro one. We gotta get think right.
Speaker 2: There is it right there? But right there? Yeah, that's just gonna be a little give. We're giving you your flowers. Yo. I ain't drinking that Yo. Good for you man, don't break that ship.
Speaker 3: Yo, laws bro, we are here to give you your flowers. My brother, let me just tell you something.
Speaker 2: Afiate you. Brother, you're a legends legend of Japan. You're a producer's producer, you're an artist artist and but but we gotta go back what came first?
Speaker 5: D J?
Speaker 2: You're producing d jam and so that you just wanted to I know, so what what what DJs are you looking up to? Then you're saying I want to be a DJ? All right?
Speaker 1: So around my way we have my brother that I patted myself after even today. You see what I do on Instagram. This nigga, don't follow me. We're gonna go somewhere else. You're bad, You're gonna break through. You're calling some of the listen not But but there's a brother around my way named com Mel. And so when I got out the group home, they told me in the group homes like yo, listen, man, you need to do music. Manuk that crime ship Man do music. Man, You're gonna be all right. And so I started buying records. I ain't have equipment yet, but I just started buying records that I like and ship you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: In my household, we always have records. So buying records was nothing.
Speaker 1: It's like, all right, cool, go to the ad with the bus pass, go see mister Wall music Factory. Buy some records, you know what I mean? Yeah, beat minus Boom. So, you know, just buying records. Man, buying records.
Speaker 19: I gotta say, Man, huh, hearing you like what Main Source brought to me really defined the way I knew I could be in hip hop because we was.
Speaker 1: Rebelling were we was rebelling, We was calling ship, I was calling ship out. We was calling ship out. And y'all came in and added on to.
Speaker 19: That were curently Game of Baseball ran in me like that man, I used to run that that friendly talk about Yeah, I missed that part of me because I just got to say, and Main absolutely.
Speaker 3: Just the way we honest Love of the Barbecue might be the one of the best posse records of I mean absolutely all the time.
Speaker 2: We was following in them template and you know, everybody, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like Molly in Them came out with the first symphony Barbecue because when we when we.
Speaker 1: Did barbecue joint, we were we were saying we're gonna do a symphony joint.
Speaker 2: They whoa. He was saying, We're gonna do a symphony joint. Okay, I can see that now sounding nothing like listen and it was that and some times are doing crazy and now times are doing albums. You you had joints.
Speaker 1: You had yo, where's your DJ joint where the DJ had his song, and then you had your your love song joint, like I just drew up the Kinge joint. Cainge on his first album he had the love song the day Your Mind that that ship is fire like so a lot of dudes. And then there was a time where dudes had like where's your house.
Speaker 2: Your hip house joint.
Speaker 1: James was doing that hip house joint like house music.
Speaker 2: House shot. That was the hip house joint.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, you got your girl joint because they had so Jungle Brother they had.
Speaker 2: In the Bush, which was their girl joint.
Speaker 1: Then they had a girl out house was the that was the the house joint and then they had the DJ joint.
Speaker 19: Was like you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what you're doing last night, Younger Brothers exactly.
Speaker 2: I was playing the Jungle Brothers joints last night. Don't you got the records. You're at the records. But let's show these artifacts. We're gonna do that. He's gonna be.
Speaker 20: We got it.
Speaker 2: We got a future young legend in here. Man, I ain't gonna dude.
Speaker 21: Right here because he large professor knows that wherever I'm always in the place to be.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, trying to make it happen. But you know, wherever we had were in the place. Yeah, wherever we are is the place to be.
Speaker 1: That's right, because like you came out here like Miami, like the stocks when you know what I mean.
Speaker 22: He just stole he just just the ship out of my ship. Just let me ask you because like halftime literally, you know.
Speaker 3: Halftime halftime like literally like like yo, bro, that's I was in jail, in jails and d like.
Speaker 2: You said, let's talk, like tell you about halftime. Listen, that's what I heard. Listen. By the way, I'm gonna be honest with you that's poppy. That's poppy right now to.
Speaker 3: Go back two yes ago, this virtue Illmatic by the way, illmadic I heard when I was incarcerated, right and this this is the reason why to me, NAS is the Donald goings. Because I didn't have I would go in lock in and I would listen to Illmatic and I would literally be in Queensbridge.
Speaker 1: I was never kind of like in jail, like I was like, so prior to that, did you ever go to QB and hang out?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? But but I actually smelled QB like as I was listening to it.
Speaker 3: Particulate NAS was at the time was when I, I said, read Donald Gowan's books, and I read a book called Horse.
Speaker 1: I like how you pronounced his name because you say like go in when he was going in.
Speaker 2: But it's like which you know you always know you. But I would listen. I would read these books and I would be in Detroit. And what I started to notice was, oh, ship music, that's the same thing, like the same thing as reading, Like when you read, you be in that place like you read a book about you know, Malcolm X. I was, I was transporting to you Detroit read and then it Matic was the first album that I listened to that I saw, like I actually saw it. I couldn't. I couldn't see it physically, he says, trying to tell some broken there but all that ship and you see what he said, he said that buck that brought that bottle. I would say, what the fu is wrong?
Speaker 1: The wise man has the wise young man has smoken the elevator.
Speaker 2: That that's that smell. Though as soon as you said that lyric, that smell washed it into my nostrils. Because look, so what I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to describe is trying to time was the first record we heard, right, and then it was like it was like a whole like in my opinion again I was I was away. It was like a like like a heart like he didn't he didn't drop more more albums. He didn't drop that in that vein in that vein, right, and then the album drop. Was that something that that y'all planned or that was something that.
Speaker 1: It just yo, the streets was bubbling ship, It was technical difficulties, were working on a low budget, like it was old types of like that that that that that first album ship that you could you know that you could get man.
Speaker 3: And because you have one one moment. Let me just say this because to me, I maybe didn't say this earlier. Ell Matic is the greatest album of all times.
Speaker 2: To me, I resonated that. That's to me, I don't want to argue we're talking about anything. You're not just talking about hip hop. I'm talking about hip talking about general in general, in general, right, like, like we're not like subjectively for you, it would have to be subjectively, right, It wasn't for me, and I'm not from Queens, but that's what makes it even more special.
Speaker 9: Like me from Miami listened to it, transported me to Queens and made me believe I understood Queens.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, so Michael, like Michael Jackson, Thriller is not It's not anywhere in me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm trying to think. I'm trying to think of something that you might know that. I'm trying to think of something that you might I like Thriller, but I don't like right, like, right, it's cool? Did you like that out? I couldn't relate to.
Speaker 1: It because it had human nature on it. It had It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Relating to me. It wasn't relating to that poppy just age. I didn't want to right right, young? What are you talking about? But he's a little young, but you know I'm trying. I'm trying to That's what.
Speaker 21: Years he's listening to a different he's listening what he wanted to like making.
Speaker 2: What is going to find one? I mean, you know that's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: If you take granddaddy, you bismark and Kuji rap and you make them have a baby, that's an r E. Granddad at you biz mark and Cousi wrap And if you really think.
Speaker 2: About that, that's he's asking you. What the fours was that? Not that prod It was grand that you brand. There you go, there you go, Holy ship, he's just more smooth. Two copies brothers, his flower, his flowers. This is my Listen.
Speaker 3: When Granddad you said I knew a girl named Kenya from West Virginia, Boy, would I like the stick?
Speaker 2: Somebody? I said, I don't know what the fuck he just did, but I want to do that. She just said that single handed. He made me a round.
Speaker 3: Look lost, professor, let me give you your props and watching y'all perform at Brooklyn Queen's Day in Flushing Meadow Park.
Speaker 2: We got two copies of that. Dude, I think I seen that this is just thats just stupid. Listen, I was, I seen. I was professor to perform at Brooklyn Queen's Day with nas and Love of the Barbecue. And I went there.
Speaker 3: Aconnell Is from ninety seventh Streetconetics from ninety ninety.
Speaker 2: Nine coming here. And I didn't know what I was doing at the time. I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Mother didn't even let me out, and I went to Brooklyn Queens Day, which was very dangerous.
Speaker 2: By the way, this was not safe.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 1: It was dangerous for left right left niggas is always it was just because niggas was crazy gens right niggas.
Speaker 2: Squeeze. Just listen, I'm looking at brook Listen listen. Brooklyn did was it was in Queens. So Brooklyn niggas imagine that will come. Donald Trump is a left raight nigga. Johnny Trumps the left track niggas. I'm telling the time all the time, right, he grew up right down the block. He's like Johnny Trump is from right up the block. When you say it's not you and when you do some apartment, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: Why it's not you Left Rack and Donald Trump have beef. The guy who owns the Left Right.
Speaker 2: He was up the block, That's what I'm saying. He was broke. He Johnny Trump people was up the blot from left right and they had.
Speaker 1: Actually actually is pronounced the frack.
Speaker 2: So you know the guy right now, if you know he lives in Miami, I know him right now. It's bigger than Jamie Left and he will.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get him to give me. I want to buy. I want to be the first owner of a left Rack city.
Speaker 2: He should have. Yes, yes, yes, that's it's a good idea because we had Colin the offer for that dude.
Speaker 3: We had college houses. The first time I ever seen a class drunk. So he class by the way, you know, he class is a military military.
Speaker 2: He classes like this all right, that was up he class. He said he owned your ship? What I said, what? And then the guy comes over, he's sitting there waiting to speak to me. He's like, yo, I'm left Left said, that's actually his name, Yes, that is his name. I gotta save that his name.
Speaker 3: But what's crazy about it is like like no one owns forty projects the city owns forty projects.
Speaker 2: No one owns Queen's Bridge. You got to come in. Let the the city, the city Queens where nobody owns basic. Basically the city owns that. Nobody owns four Green. The city owns that. Someone. We could actually look at the person who owns left right and we could change so that actually city you're talking about morning and buildings.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually it's actually ten left rack cities. Okay, I'm talking about I mean, we're.
Speaker 2: The main one in Queens, but this one in Jersey, this one and yeah, you just sucked me up, right left fractice franchise. Listen, listen, listen what he just said. He was saying, Yeah, like I like that joke, and I'm just talking about to make you look at elevator. They got the elevated. Yeah yeah, but to be serious, Left fraight City is actually a city though. No, no, it's a complex. It's so it's not like a new undercore some of the wildisce. In Jersey City, they have a left brack city as well. Yes, so by building that, they call it the name left freck City. Right, man, I'm a flushing nigga, and you know you about that.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 1: Let me just say, Yo, was you ever caught up in any of that bound like flushing left rack beach.
Speaker 2: Too young, too good man, I'm glad man, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you something because flush, you know you probably asked some of that Jamaica left rag beat.
Speaker 2: Yes, that plushing, Flushing, Flushing.
Speaker 1: Now, your left rack always had been down the block, always had beef. Like we was the calm buildings. We was the brother We was like the guards. We was like like flushing. Them used to come up like to fucking like right the forehead like whow man, I just got away from some bullshit.
Speaker 2: We're just up there listening to music. You know what I mean. We don't left someone who got hanging out, right, But I love you bounce like no, no, why God? Why? Actually?
Speaker 3: Because Flushing, Flushing is one of the diverse places I've ever been to. I always say to people, if you're from Queens, can't your way you could be for you could be racist?
Speaker 1: Right, because right that's and that's my way. I say, Donald Trump ain't really from Queens. You go to Japan, I'm like, yo, home, sweet home. When i I'm like, oh home from Flushing, because Flushing. That's what I'm saying, Flushing.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of Russians, you have a lot of Asians.
Speaker 1: So you said it in the song you say, bouncing out the flushing, check the Russian.
Speaker 2: Check the weed with the cushion with extra pe. Yeah I'm flushing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said that in the song. Yeah, but extra p you get the weed from the Russian. But it described to us growing up out there. How is that? Because like I said, it was up in Flushing, Flushing, Yeah, now I was it. I mean because from I mean I was. I was born in Harlem, and you know it was just straight.
Speaker 2: Like I'll say, you're born in We don't want to claim that.
Speaker 1: I know I do.
Speaker 2: That's the big al building you said that earliest, the whole big yow in front of his Grandma's.
Speaker 1: That's my whole edge, like it's the Harlem ship. But I ain't never get to experience that like they was like my mom's was like you're not gonna get this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get a better like you know, So it was Flushing for me.
Speaker 1: But you know, Grandma's house, back and forth going back, no Thanksgiving ship like that suit up, get fly, you know type ship, but Flushing Man was cold and Pomana cold and Palmanac the Bland. Bland was really the hood like where I was in carll Out like down the block was flush shallow. Mike g you know, Mike G was from the building diagonal from me. We have full buildings, no, like yeah, yeah, I call him Mike Jesus Mike g All that that's that's that's like my first friend in life.
Speaker 2: Like Yo, so yo.
Speaker 1: I grew up with Hay June, John Soul, my man Raider, Chris Elasti's big, big, crazy big about Royal Flush Flush Flush used to come to the rest like you know what I mean, Like because my my crib. I always wanted to like share whatever I was doing with the crib, like with the you know, the community and ship like Yo come through and I saw on one of the champs and shit, you was like, you know when Mike and them was talking about the Queen's Lounge, when I was doing the Queen's Lounge. Shit, that was like that's what I was doing, like because I was coming up in the industry and I wanted the hood to kind of see like yo this, you know, like Q tip Yo, Yeah right here like that exactly like Biz came through. Like people still come up to me like, yo, I met Biz coming to meet you, like you know what I mean. Like so I always wanted that for them to come because I was I knew like yo, now I'm making that ship so you know, come see me too, like type ship. So it was a beautiful thing growing up in Flushing. Man, Like, it's a beautiful thing. The diversity is my key. Now when I travel the world and these people come up to me, I don't feel like no hood nigga. I don't feel like I ain't good as them or nothing. I'm just like, oh ship you just like mother fucking Vladin and ship, you know what I mean. Like for real, I know people like you know, I know Jewish, I know all that. I know the whole spectrum. So that's the beautiful thing about Flushing. My Jesus like Jesus, like Jesus, Jesus Christ, that's my first friend, like.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. Worried up. So let me ask you. Yeah, your pre.
Speaker 1: Man, you're supposed to have been in this round.
Speaker 2: Take come on, pre man man man, all right, we hear man. You see now you see talent man you see did you just drop a video? You can sit behind the.
Speaker 1: Well left my nigga, Man, I told I told him how he was the first. You know how I first first time I went outside.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm in my moms man. I love big up moms Man, Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike moms was actually like she she was like very big and like Jet magazines and Ebony magazines like as like the talent like the scout that she was kind of like kind of big, like how Prodigy's grandmother was like like with the like having the community and like knowing what the new talent that was coming up. Yeah, absolutely worrid I found that out man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one from that man. God, remember Mike moms Man literally man like it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy when you know when she left, just man like Mike had left and and yeah, I remember man for real man, my brother. Absolutely you hold on. Did you get them facts for me?
Speaker 2: Man? You got the facts? Memos asking you a couple of things. Man, you got them facts for me? Man, Okay, no doubt.
Speaker 4: We're gonna gets just two old frinds talking.
Speaker 2: Just hang it out. We're gonna call you back, oldhead. I just I just got to hear just hanging out organically and let me say because that's great, that's great. Yeah, we had Mike on here and right and you were talking about basically and all that, and.
Speaker 3: It's holds me because we had two people here that said this very same story with two opposite attendants.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: We had Mike Geronimo sit here and say he hated being compared to NAS. Well, birth days is the same. Let me finish, let me finish. So he says he hated being compared to NAS and then and he kind of like said that that that almost is what made him not want to like keep going. And then we had IRV gott he here and said he hated that that Mike Geronimo didn't accept being compared.
Speaker 1: IRV and I love because IRV is official. You know what I'm saying that I need to just tell people. You know, I was tearing them parks up, nigga, that's all EARTH need to do because that's the most official ship you can.
Speaker 3: So I want you to answer this question, like, because because they both told the same story. Mike Geronimo said him being compared the NAS was not a blessing for him, and IRV sat here in to the same.
Speaker 2: He said him being compared to NAS was a blessing.
Speaker 1: I'll explained to you, man, he was never compared to NAS right to begin with, No, he was not, man, Nobody was comparing him to NAS.
Speaker 2: I think Mike, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Mike sometimes get really deep into and so he's like, Yo, the same birthday type ship and ship like that, Queen's lounge. Queen's lounge. Motherfucking Mike Geronimo was there. Nas was dead, Trash was dead. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I could go on and on the people that was dead. You know what I'm saying. Nas was NAS.
Speaker 1: Mike Geronimo was in the cut, coming up and flushing, and he was his own entity. Nobody was comparing NAS and like you be honest, I was right now and right now. If you ring NAS and NASS be like yo, Pee, please tell me.
Speaker 2: Mike me even could call them right now. This is what I mean. You could You want to clear it up? Hip hop.
Speaker 19: What you said to just he if he had to continue, there would have been an il differentiation.
Speaker 2: You know how many There's so many, as Peter said, like because they're in the same genre.
Speaker 1: Can I go to different regions and I ask about my niggas, I'm like, yo, you know, Royal flush. Some places they say yeah. A lot of places they say no, I don't know yet. You know what I'm saying, I don't know yet, you know. And I like that they you know, they still want to know, you know, And I'm there, and I'm believe me, I'm not there, like both feet in, I'm still getting them to know me.
Speaker 2: So I'm not like, yo, I'm like some old eminem man, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like shure, they're figuring out me too, like at the same time, So I don't want.
Speaker 2: To try to put like I'm there and they not whatever. But a lot of.
Speaker 1: Places like people ain't know. So that's that's my my basis on what I'm saying, Like people is not comparing the two. Because I had a platform that was now you being super New York niggas.
Speaker 2: Yes, you guys are big, like he did you know how we have.
Speaker 1: About the.
Speaker 2: Fans That was like like comparing you guys were not comparing like I'm young, I'm young, was comparing them. You know.
Speaker 21: I was around when the Mike Geronimo is on on blunt and I was just the first time I'm hearing that comparison to.
Speaker 6: Say that.
Speaker 21: I will say, even though even though it's the first time I'm hearing that, you can see it.
Speaker 2: I could see it on some market and ship I can't see it on the styles. Everybody. Everybody was a blend to everybody. You know what I mean, Like, yo, you man, see what you're saying. What mean if anything they was, if anything they was comparing you to not.
Speaker 1: Seeing it.
Speaker 2: They because always.
Speaker 1: This listen, man, you always parted the thread that they were saying that NAS started, that bron had in his style exactly that with Joan Mike Geronimo.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you, I got to be honest with you. I would be I would imagine that everybody got compared to NOS when came broke out. This is or I'm gonna compare. That's what I tell you. What no die hard head it's gonna say, oh yeah, that's a comparison. Tell you something. When NAS first came out, a phenomenal the whole world, you know, people says to random artists and listen, you remember you gotta remember my memor Marie's little sharp back then. But not now, right, but because we know what it was Buckshot Shorty and and no was was also compared together. No, I don't mean, I don't know, I don't lois. I mean that's a detail.
Speaker 5: I never heard that.
Speaker 2: Right now, never heard that.
Speaker 1: I never heard that.
Speaker 2: I never heard that heard that ship just yes, Shorty. They was before they they compaid the buck Shot Shorty. You was that most people weren't comparing solo artists of the group Black Blue and Black Move. It sounds like you're just talking about who was that nigga at the time.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Everything he's just talking about who was that nigga? Who was that? I hear my style, Yeah, I don't know who was that? Literally everything everybody was trying to be that person.
Speaker 3: You gotta remember, I'm I'm away with a whole bunch of Brooklyn niggas. So the Brooklyn niggas is pushing Buckshot Shorty on me. So when halftime came out, That's what I was saying earlier. When halftime came out, it was like the most I was like, oh sh we finally got one and respect.
Speaker 2: Now it's what's going on.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I'm saying this is how I looked at it and didn't illmatic drop and w ellmatic drop.
Speaker 2: Boy, I walked that yard different. I can't I see what he say like saying.
Speaker 5: That Joan, I'm like, boy, was this is.
Speaker 2: The bull? That's when you was reading the books. Don't read the book read again that hold with the bull to Bean, that was the name. I'm so glad I didn't go with you said, is this John that y'all have the bollship like you said that job. You would have been drinking for that.
Speaker 1: It's still to y'all still you have been ahead.
Speaker 2: Don't blame the mean what do you mean? You can you do that right now?
Speaker 1: Listen listen.
Speaker 2: You love broke. Yeah we're drinking, baby, las Bro. Let me ask you because the Rose Joint you know, so you think yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 23: See Sea Dream Sea Pream.
Speaker 2: I knew that. I knew that's what she was gonna do.
Speaker 1: I do and I want.
Speaker 2: I love you, young Bro. I love you, young Bro. But we're gonna keep this. Let me ask you. You're trying. It's trying to do that Baisley ship to me that is I want to drink to you what she got to say? Love enjoy. Yeah, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, last Brome, do you know how important you are to hip hop?
Speaker 2: Do you realize it? Not to music?
Speaker 1: Hip hop?
Speaker 2: That ship?
Speaker 1: Yo, bro Man, there's this Vanessa Bell Armstrong song that I love call you bring out the best of me. And that's what my people do. You know what I mean, They bring out the best of me. So that's my people bringing that out of me. You know what I'm saying, Like for real, Like I'm I'm just like I do what I do and they and they helped me. So you know I had a lot of help along the way, you know, big up, all the people, all the love, and you know, we're just gonna push forward.
Speaker 2: Man, that's how we're gonna do it. You're part of that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: When we used to do the tours with O you know what I mean, y'all used to make the dances with the bananas, it was wild.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Left right niggas is crazy. You already know this is man, Big up money bags, big people, don't.
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Definitely you know we're we're paying the sorrow, you know what I mean, big up money bags. It hurts. It hurts.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean even with even with pream right here, you know what I mean, Like even with cream right here, it hurts to see how brothers, you know what I mean. Like let street ship like just just fuck everything up, man, and everybody's fly and get money and doing their thing and just this little dumb ass street ship fucking everything up and niggas is meeting they demise, man, like you know what I mean, Like I hate that ship. That's why I wanted to you know, He's like, Yo, you gotta do it, o g And I was like, Yo, you gotta be there too, man, just so that we could, you know what I mean, Like be examples. Man, are like yo, Man, let's get this ship right man, everybody fly man, everybody in this fucking building right now, just talking about Man, the homie.
Speaker 2: Got the shade on with the waves ship. That ship is firing the ship out of the man right now.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to see. Man, we all fly man while we're killing each other. Man, God damn, man, get that nigga.
Speaker 2: Man, take a shot a shot. I'm gonna do this, don't. I'm going to Japan July, you know, so listen to you all right, man, this is to Japan. Man, this is good. This is a career. Let's go definitely. How about my man? Jay got you all a little crazy about like that.
Speaker 1: You know, as soon as Jay said that, everybody went crazy.
Speaker 2: I said it years before that boy boy, tell that Japanese boy bad. Give me your chilling, hard and awesome. Man.
Speaker 1: You know you know you're chilling. So you know, we got the flicks. Man, we had the round.
Speaker 2: We had.
Speaker 1: We had like it was a couple of It was a couple of female chilling all ship.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: And when I when I when I seen the joint, I was like, Yo, that's young bro right there. Man, he doing like how I do it? Man, Like you learn from the back. Good for life. Man. Worried up man, man, and we got and we got some fire on deck. Man.
Speaker 1: It was just like, Yo, it was so crazy how it happened. Because Dave was in town and then young bro, he's like, Yo, Dave Chappelle, of course that's the only day right now.
Speaker 2: Well, Dave, I mean there is a days in peace. Let me shut up for that. Man. Absolutely, Man, It's true. I could do that. I could do that.
Speaker 1: I could do that.
Speaker 2: Look shot, nice little ship. I need a shot that I'm going to ja, give me talent give nobody wants to drink. Mama Juana would come up. I don't want to sound.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: Just take that one right there. Yeah, but you I got talking about you talking about being tangled up online.
Speaker 1: You're let's talk about how my young bro we get toung tabled up on line.
Speaker 2: If Twitter fingers was a it would be you. Okay, I'm not allowed about time.
Speaker 1: Spling.
Speaker 2: Proud of you, listen, you take proud listen. Let me tell you about peace. He takes on every racist in the love world. How he has time goes. He doesn't show get some point, you hire some give I can't wakes up and just get googles who's racist. I think he's doing it in his sleep too. Bro, He's just stay ready. He's ready. And that's what it is.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: You know that's the part of the Dave Chappelle episode that I wanted to keep in when when Dave Davids making fun of you, we haven't since then, I've spoke to me. No, I feel like get closer every fucking disaster drink Champs episode disaster. Yeah, but it was ill because I called my name out, but he said from me.
Speaker 1: But it was like a little bit of like a little like a little delay in that ship, like something had happened and ship.
Speaker 2: He was like, mother fucking you know. You don't you don't know? He said, Look, you know he said, he said from me? You from me? You don't like I kind of was talking about him on drink.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no he.
Speaker 2: Was.
Speaker 24: He was, he was, he was, he was.
Speaker 2: He got you know who you talking from out Pros? The big bro.
Speaker 1: Who you picked either way last Pros my big bro? So either who whoever? Like you know that type ship yeah.
Speaker 2: The other that money. You was gonna say something which about the Kanye not going You got a lot to say but with Kanye.
Speaker 1: But I just caughte a copy of that on a mind sex on vinyl with ship Man banger.
Speaker 2: That that's crazy. You see how you just do? My goodness, you're not pulling it out that, you know. I was God, I want to have I'm bout to I'm about to leave use out this time. It was like the hip hop is a hip Hoppies version?
Speaker 25: Know that when my post listening, so it used to be my wait, yes, Gracie's used to make Gracy we my man, just counting you to date Gracie.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I was just talking about earlier that you said, Gracy that sisters.
Speaker 5: Sister you're talking.
Speaker 2: To earlier than that. Earlier than that.
Speaker 1: I used to stay in in front of Joe's barber shop with my pops and his friends listening there. Used to be my girl by the old Jay's niggas so life, bro, nigga got the old jas. I feel like I see the.
Speaker 2: Baby that's where I go, you know, nig like I used.
Speaker 26: To go to big Brother, just like you know, what is the name professor and professor that science like you said, I was in Corona early, baby, like your early man, early I got.
Speaker 1: I got like you know, coming out of preschool, like graduation flicks like out of.
Speaker 2: Corona baby like you know, it was my favorite. That's the crown.
Speaker 1: You know what that You know what Corona means, right, It's the shan It's the shine over the crown.
Speaker 2: I'm so crowd. Yeah yeah, shin shine shine crown, the crown to shine over the I tried about I'm about beating nuts.
Speaker 27: Let me see, Well, remember you were surprised that you didn't know that when we were talking.
Speaker 2: To day episode, Yeah, man, I did, but you jish, you saw that. You saw the hell I was trying. You saw I was trying. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: You was like, you gotta do this.
Speaker 3: I got so excited because I really loved Juju. I love love both of them. Cycle lest less excuse me, I love them both. And I got drunk before the episode. So that's that started my rule. I never drink any episode and the right as well.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 2: And he was in flushing fashion. But the beating, the beating nuts good.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Background story with them is, uh, Juju is all like he's he's on hanging out. He's on song, just hanging out, like in the end, like when we're talking and we're like yo, we're going uptown blah blah, and then I'm like, yohoo, what's up man?
Speaker 2: He's like yo, I don't know. Pete man Lynch said he won't go to the powerhouse man dins. That's huge. So listen, so you today years old, we're gonna have beating us back. So you don't know what happened that that episode we we had we had just finished yes, j it was a traveling dreams chances were in New York. We just finished episode and then he's like, sure, let's do it. I go no, no, no, because I already know you what this show was about to happen. You would have give them a better better in you I love and you just keep going back to my loved but love it. I was off the pus. They were like tragedy. I love it because.
Speaker 1: That's what drink champ for some staircase.
Speaker 2: He was with the no, no, no, it's a process show. That's interesting.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: Spinnis because I had I had a.
Speaker 2: Joint for you know, a movie and you movie dubbed the.
Speaker 1: Goss you got drunk on that. He went, I had to send it to our scratch and our scratch, but you was like.
Speaker 2: Scratch took my beat when we when we out scratched for you.
Speaker 1: And when we listen, I'm gonna tell you e f yo when we finished Bill Pyramids, that's just hard that he was like, I was in left brack of it was mad call I had on the video. On the video, yeah, he was like, yo, tap to beat out on the porch and ship. I bought the Porsche out for you tap to beat out. I remember that ship. I was like, what is he doing this ship? But then that's when I figured out that you would like to you know what I mean, it's like that, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like, you tap the beat out on the polls ship. Let's give you that look. I feel like you should have produced the whole album for me. That's that's that's the future right now. It's easy to do. No, he did it, no man, but quick just be true to hisself. Like that's big bro.
Speaker 3: You know, I guess what and guess what I accepted every time you said it, And guess what.
Speaker 2: I would love to go to power play for a month made you and just we're gonna do it, and just.
Speaker 1: That's so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, how good that record was is going to show.
Speaker 5: You how.
Speaker 2: And you know what's crazy. Let me get Joel. Let me let me just tell you how good. Will tell you how good got. When I called you.
Speaker 3: Please and I said, yoo, your Lorge pro I need a beat and you said what kind of beat? And I described it to you and you gave me exactly what I wanted. I was like, this, motherfuckers, he's just.
Speaker 2: Left right, guy, So you like festivity.
Speaker 1: Like that festivity like it ain't hard to tell it is a hood festive joint.
Speaker 2: Right, so you go, okay, what's going on? Right? You go into that. That's the water.
Speaker 1: It was her birthday the other day, right, left eye, right, big up.
Speaker 2: Left out. I love her.
Speaker 1: We love what were We love what she brought to the world. We love what left Out brought to the work.
Speaker 2: Let me do something you do that, let me tell you something we love. Like I said, I'm in jail. Nice halftime drive, but then he just got I was a one of one.
Speaker 1: It was it was such a good time, and this is such a great time for you.
Speaker 2: Was locked down.
Speaker 3: And then all of a sudden, this record drops and it's called it ain't hard to tell.
Speaker 1: The hood bottle popping anthem. It's the hood bottle popping. It's like it's like, no, we're not we're not. We're not on in Beverly Hills, on on this road. We in the hood. But we got bottles, niggas is flys, got their juice, the yo everybody he was one. Right then at that point, I'm telling you, like, that's what I wanted to create with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let me let me ask you, because is this when y'a get in the studio, is you just coming off at halftime?
Speaker 2: Right? Halftime? But halftime was a one off, like y'all didn't know was the project? I was a one of one. That was when Nis was starting the ball demo. He's starting the ball so this before so there's no he's a project.
Speaker 3: Back to the gorilla, right, So then you got half time back to the gorilla grin and then now we're here. It ain't hard to tell. Did you know when you was in the studio this is going to be his first single?
Speaker 2: Did you make it that way? That's what we were aiming for for the first okay, see, And so your mind was did you know what he was gonna rhyme about? Did you hear?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean it was, I mean his his rhymes were confident, was exactly. I was like the god you know, the goudd He's like he got his department.
Speaker 2: I got my department. He got his department. Like and we was there was their ego in it, in it, ego in it because this is the listen, this is the eerror of the producer. The producers were the bigger eagles in the MCS at this time. You can producers were hard to deal with.
Speaker 1: The only the only thing I think that might may have happened was a little thing that happened with a few times was because I was gunning, like I needed to make some money, and you was like, I was gunning, so I'm working with this one and that one and that one and that one. And then now some brothers who think I should have specifically honed in on Nay joint right, they feel away like he over there with and you know, they know that they know they about to take off in a major way.
Speaker 2: And they're like yo, and so you know, but I'm like, yo, nah, I got you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna swing back, you know, I gotta go over here real quick, you know, And they like, so that could happen.
Speaker 2: You know, that happens. You know what I'm saying. That happens. It happens. You know what I'm saying. So would be like, professor, you're speaking, Haiku's man. That's how Jesus is speaking. Its right, Jesus just speak. They say Jesus did ask him as South five producers of all time? No, not yet, is he is he going to know he's not all right. So influenced my top for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh man, well definitely definitely Molly mal like Molly maul is the man that gave me my first check, you know what I mean, his son like he calls me uncle like you know, little m like weir, I love him will like I loved him like I could cry it right now thinking about dude, what Molly did for me.
Speaker 2: And you know, it was only like a little twenty five hundred you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But that was just enough to get because I could get my drum machine gun right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh man, my mom's was like, yo, I went to my mom's.
Speaker 1: I was like and that, you know, I was joking with my mom's like after after a while, after I grew up and shit, like I started testing, was like, yeah, I'm gonna just go ask mall see if she you know, just it's a while hout. She's like, she's like, how much is it? You know what I mean, I'm like twenty five hundred. She's like, all right, I thought she was gonna nigga fuck you joke. Well hundred dollars to mama. Love happens.
Speaker 2: But it came with that.
Speaker 1: You know, when you have my money back, When you have my money back to me, you know what I mean, my mother from Harlem, you know what I'm saying, When you have my money back to me, I was like, Mommy, I did some production. I got intelligent huld. You know fatal you know, because my mom's a fatal birthday is the same day. As a matter of fact, we're back out here, we're doing the show. We came with Salon Raymond. That's how me Like do y me, No, it's ray Me. It's like jet We got the museum.
Speaker 2: Right here, exactly.
Speaker 1: Museum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like we've.
Speaker 19: We're in close h close proximity. We were alone, very close to.
Speaker 1: Exactly so June tiph that's yeah, that's that's when we're doing that, and that's that's that's moms and fatal birthday.
Speaker 2: So you know what I mean, Like that's you know, it's just all love, you know what I mean, It's all love. Fucking five man, He's just I wish I wish you would have came through to man.
Speaker 3: You ain't exactly say how this eight hard to tell sessions happened.
Speaker 15: Damn.
Speaker 1: Then we were talking about the top five producers, like.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's get it.
Speaker 1: And then now I definitely definitely want to talk about my man, my mentor, and I'm doing what I've seen him do, my man forty five King, get it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, forty five King, first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah he came. He Like I said, I mentioned earlier that he, along with Bizmark, he always appealed to that innocence, that child thing in us because he's the one that made the beat for it's a hard knock, right, you know what I mean? Like it's always that like the little kid didn't you know what I mean, Like it's over like wild out loops and ship like that. It's just that we wild out, you know what I'm saying, Like you now we used to do in the rooms and ship, you know what I'm saying, how the girls in the room and like I mean, oh, my bad, I don't want to talk like the niggas married. She needs to get clear, my bad. It used to go down like that. Gets some fact. Mother Ship was crazy. Come on, we was rolling with mister put it in your mouth.
Speaker 26: You know.
Speaker 2: Ship was wild. Ship was wild with us.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. You're looking at me all right, Oh you got all right, I got too right now, you know that's not mentioned. No, no, no, before l I won't put my man Davy d m X oh Dave damn Max so David, So David put me inside the cat to lack the show for Jove Offender never came Davy d Dave, Yeah, Dave coming from arms Crush. Dave called orange Crush. So like my man shot Jean Lord would say that ship salute soldier.
Speaker 28: The game.
Speaker 2: That's three. So you're giving dad, of course, Oh my god, that's hollished. I need four New York, four and five. He stay on Super New York. So you want me to spend on it at all time, all the time and include like everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh no, all right, so then no, I'll definitely put l after that because like all that Houdini stuff and all that ship yeah Larry Smith.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and then it's it's a beautiful thing with this thing because I know a lot of these guys sons now and ship like that, Like I know a lot of their lineage, like you know, like young Prem and ship like yo. It's because Preme Prem actually reached out to me during the MySpace days. I don't know, you know, they had that account up for him and ship, and he was like, yo, man, it's like and I'm like, damn man, I wish this, you know this, not this, this story would have turned out better because every when you look at the ship in the borough and the Q Borough, everybody was flying like you look at you look at this stream, look at all these niggas and just put them in there, like, just remove the beef, remove the fucking beef and just put them niggas in the picture together. And it's a funk all.
Speaker 2: Fly niggas that's black. Just that's the flyes nigga on earth.
Speaker 1: Just take the beef out of the ship and just put them niggas together, a bunch of fly niggas from queens.
Speaker 2: And they always say that.
Speaker 1: People come to me, they say, yo, they told me, don't fuck with y'all queens niggas because y'all niggas don't even get along with y'allselves.
Speaker 2: Hate that.
Speaker 1: And then we manifested that ship through the music, all types of ship. I was like, damn man, now I gotta I gotta really embrace my hallm ship more.
Speaker 2: Sitting there so BK nigga nigga a hat BK King's man. Nah, that definitely was okay, So that's three. We got three. What's the four or five? All right, four and five.
Speaker 1: I'm a definitely definitely definitely man because right now, man, they trying to come down on my man. But that's my nigga for life, man, my nigga, Pete Rock word, my nigga peep.
Speaker 2: Why don't try to come down.
Speaker 1: On types of Yeah, yeah, you see he said why and then he gave me the reason why.
Speaker 2: No yeah nah nah.
Speaker 1: You know Ship get a little kookie at times and Ship Man, but that nigga down that nigga's work man, my brother's work man.
Speaker 2: Could never go deny man like that brother. Man.
Speaker 1: He put down super heat for too many people. Man, and Pete Rock is definitely in my list of top dogs on that on the beat, machines and Ship like that word.
Speaker 2: I want to say something for everything and your vitamins joint I need.
Speaker 1: I want to do a series and Ship I want Maybe you can help me with this because you got sponsored.
Speaker 2: I know you got the big dogs out. They need to do some man.
Speaker 1: Nor Man, I'm gonna put this out to you man, we need to do a joint call her shows where niggas do all they b side all them joints, and we curate the list of the joints they do. So when we do not joint, he gonna do on the rail, he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: You gonna pick the list for him. We're gonna pick it out. I respect that.
Speaker 1: And you know, brothers, brothers gonna have to go and recap. They're gonna have to figure their ship back out because they don't know them lyrics again, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so they gonna take a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a performance, but it's called her show, and it's all the class like you're gonna do vitamins, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do ye like we gotta let me say something. Let me say something because I don't think Pete like.
Speaker 1: And this list is always this this, This list always varies, This list always varies. But today I will put him there and it always fluctuates, like he may be my number one at times whatever.
Speaker 2: And actually he had because our birthdays just passed. But DJ here.
Speaker 1: DJ for he did the beat for Firing Squad, for m O p s in general, he did he did gun slinging like gun slinger ship like nas Is like, you know what song? I love that you did, Nigga, I love my life. I always I hear that ship all the time.
Speaker 2: I got the he's not gonna take in the crazy. You don't have the niggas to death. Who are the other for? He said, But let me tell you, I see good about I love my life. But I don't know if you know or not.
Speaker 1: And it was just Alison William's birthday the other day. I love my William's birthday. Just the other day. She was on deaf Jam. You used your death jam record, brother.
Speaker 2: But Nas is the original. The chorus was nas on. It was nas brodn you you dose his mind? The hook on the hook, the hook I couldn't afford, I mean, and if you look my hair, oh, hold on the story.
Speaker 3: If you look at listen to the story very close. Nas is also in the studio. He's the he's the guy in the background. But niggas like that's him in the background because Nas was just around me and I picked body in the trunk over I love my life. But then I switched I love my life and I put Carl Thomas on there so so yeah.
Speaker 2: So that hook was wrote by not let me tell you exactly shut off Carl Thomas to he killed that like to Sleep. I want to say I was a heismapper in the world at the time. I want to say that, But no, I was just big brother. He was just my big brother, and he and he and rocked the bol Jackson's the Origin Blue Sons in the Snow. But you know what you did right there. Let me let me let me cut your ways for a second. Yo, Yo, Let's pray some creed, you know what. Let's pray that ship is great, real yo. You know what you did.
Speaker 1: There was a power move when I heard it. I don't know if Trash suggested it, I don't know what. But you it was like you connected like because left Rack didn't have any musical identity at the time.
Speaker 2: Ali Soul Sisters. Should I have doubles of theirs?
Speaker 1: Also, I'm talking like dove Burns, right, big God Burns.
Speaker 2: I have doubles of theirs also? All right? So yo, bro man, that ship is crazy. Man.
Speaker 1: You connected with your make up with that song. That was like Grand Master vic Blind type ship.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like, oh the Sneaker, what do you know about your.
Speaker 1: From Frods, from my.
Speaker 2: Fro The way that happened, right, he just creative. Let me tell you how it happened. Let me say, I'm gonna be honest with.
Speaker 22: You because he tag me to me, I thought involved in that has nothing to do with you know, he wasn't at all.
Speaker 2: Me and him fell out. He made this record. I made a dis record, So he has nothing to do with the n R album. What it was was me and he was hanging in Jamaica though you was in Jamaica off one of seven the got BREWP. I crack God damn A look at that.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 2: Bay centered? Now you feel me? What has A sent to it? And bring you back? But he described you This record was amazing. I walked in easy LP. Was there shut out easy LP in a long time. I want you to know the love is still money, power respect. He did that as well, I believe, but let me he did sometimes bloody money, sometimes fucking amazing. So so check it.
Speaker 3: So I'm just in the studio, yes, and I fully write the whole ship. As soon as I hit a beat and na I was walking. He literally says five and walked straight to the to the to the booth because because remember he had he had he had a enjoy where he was singing on A Z's joint and I was like, Yo, I want you singing.
Speaker 2: Give me what you can. Yeah. So I was like, Yo, can I get n I singing on one of my joints.
Speaker 1: We're talking heavy queens right now, We're talking heavy queens.
Speaker 2: Bro, this is weird.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, we need to bring this ship back and just highlight some of those I'm going we got super heat.
Speaker 2: You know how much heat we got.
Speaker 1: Like I'm in there examining now, like all right, hold up, yo, that ship we just mentioned that easy and I.
Speaker 3: Keep going, but I'm finished. I'm gonna give it right back to you. So it was literally I was walked in the studio and gave me a five and then dis interested, and then.
Speaker 2: He gave me a five, and then he literally didn't say nothing to me until he finished the hook. He just went straight in the studio. That's like, that's that's my sleep, locked in the sleep, Rember. Did you leave some of his vocals in the background or.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't. I couldn't afford it, because that was clear. But Sony you was on Sony at that time. Sony literally listened to it and was like, because we did, because I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: Then you guys you got you heard, Yeah, I did hear. Hear you heard the version with no still yeah, but we never used that call is fining killed it? And you know what I always love. I love We're shot en. We're shot at the end, at the end of that ship.
Speaker 1: You always love catching that ship where you just keep saying we're never that it is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeahs just to come to my weed sessions. But he should sell us. We really Yeah, he used to live. He used to live with Benny Boom and go where you were and I keep green Hockey was when they was in Washington. That's right. He was the first way he selling and selling us that grat he was. He used to come through with it and he didn't know.
Speaker 21: He was around the world out and I was like I was smoking with him. He was like, I was, He's a giant in the world with lol. Carl Thomas Luke, Yeah, he was been around the world, not that one, but with with with loans called he was doing Daddy.
Speaker 2: He did the Man and Run in the world ship and we didn't I didn't even know that that was you know that he was, Yeah, and I was, he said, he said, I'm tired. I said, what You're tired from me? I was in the studio. I said, you in the studio. He said, yeah, I'm a bad boy serving you. It's so crazy.
Speaker 12: We're finding this out at the same time some time really hearing that, you know, this time.
Speaker 2: It happened to me because she was in the swim suit. He was at Rootlan.
Speaker 19: He's serving, he's serving botha and we don't even know. Carl thom is singing. That's crazy. But this is Brooklyn because you guys, I know you guys are to Brooklyn in Manhattan. We was calling to he was living in Brooklyn at that time. I was living in Brooklyn. Yeah, I mean about room. He used to coaching, cutting room and justlad. We used to Carl Thomas at cutting rooms, selling me weed from Carl Thomas man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drug dealer, whole yeah, yeah, record we call you called it's an amazing artist.
Speaker 19: It turned out to be like something that I never like, you said, like, I never knew that he would, you know. And we ended up living in Houston, and he lived in Houston. I don't know where Carl Thomas is right now, but we became close around Yeah, you know what I mean, legends, I love, I love not yet over no I love. I've been saying that a lot lately. I've been saying more not yet than you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know why large you know, I want you to know. Like I know, at times he was talking and he was thinking, like the industry probably blocked us from connecting. But I just wanted to tell you, like face to face man, the man, that's not true at all, Like you know, maybe maybe it's just the times just wasn't right. But I don't want to ever have like a Illuminati room or like or or because you know, you know, sometimes people think that. Sometimes people think that you the conspiracy is the conspiracy. I think you kind of said that. I think you kind of saying trash is keeping me away from you. And I gotta tell you that's not that's that's false. I gotta tell you I've been wanting to connect with you. I just didn't know how to do it. Sometimes finished sometimes ain't that great. Sometimes you don't know how to connect with your OG's like and I always edit this every time I say this man's name, but this time I'm not going to edit it. Mellie Mel was probably the toughest person to me I've ever met in hip hop r and warranted so right later on after I became forty years old, I was like, I get it because now when I look at these dudes that come up to me and say, yo, Lori you know or whatever, whatever, and then they here for six months and they leave that five that I gave you, wasn't I wanted to take my five.
Speaker 2: I want to take my five back. So when Melle Mel was so strong and so hard on me, I wanted you to make your dude. Melly Mal used to be like this. When I used to see Melly Mill, he used to be like and he was one of the illness. He was the illness.
Speaker 3: I had to extensively like, move my five out and then he'll be like And then.
Speaker 2: It wasn't until I started drink Champs, And it wasn't until I started drink.
Speaker 3: Champs until I had Melly Mail had a show at Mass Appeal with nine. It was the first time he gave me a real five that I respected. Melly Mall came up to me and was like, I love the show.
Speaker 2: You know strong, we need Melli Mellon drink chances was a motherfucker. So you had on your mother. But I'm gonna tell you something, Smack, I'm gonna tell you something. I respected that she goes the best.
Speaker 3: That was probably the best fib I ever received in my life. And it was worth me because he had to look at me, He had to look in my soul and to say, are you worth hip.
Speaker 2: Hop and gain you? Are you evalidated that hold comes to time?
Speaker 3: Hold, let me finish, finish, because it was at that very moment that I was like, you know what I gained. I finally gave the respect of a pioneer. Indeed, like I didn't know cool her. Yes, of course I do know Grandma flash and.
Speaker 2: Order them. But it was Melie Mail who was was who was hard on me. He was Mail when Mellie mel finally accepted me. And by the way he might say, Nigga, I look, you might say that right now, I'm not, But that's the moment, is what the masket appeal was.
Speaker 3: He that team gave me that five that I wanted. And it's crazy because because I recently.
Speaker 2: Gave Soldier Boy that five, and you were like, at one point, yes, at one point, at one point yes, But recently I gave soldier.
Speaker 1: Right, and I was like a lot of good work, right, a lot of good work.
Speaker 2: Soldier boy. He deserves what his lane is, he deserves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you did want to give Soldier boy that five. But I didn't have a so I didn't realize how I became.
Speaker 2: We don't have to That's the thing. We don't have to respect him. I do you feel like you have to have big love the other one, the other one. Uh, you gotta dunk, you gotta dunk, you gotta dunk, you gotta dunk, dune for soldiers, you know. But all that is just saying respect. You don't have to respect someone's work.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to do as a large professor of hip hop. Like I may even caught some lag, you know what I mean, or some ship you know what I mean? Where it's like I like, I like the other Dan and ship, Like I always loved my bro And I was just hanging with him down there in Texas with term and know what I'm saying, Dope, I'm in the shop and ship.
Speaker 2: You know, I navigate a love you don't like I never gave him listen that love right now, but.
Speaker 1: Because you're gonna do something exactly because I'm you know, that's my bro right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So Paul Wall when I met him and ship, you know what I mean, Like, and that's why another brother. I was like, yo, you know world flush you know these ones, and he was telling me whether or not he knew him and things like that. Show Like I was in the shop and I'm like, yo, I see sitting sideways and Ship. I'm like hell yeah, hell yeah, I gotta grab that and ship, you know me? So yeah, I was like, yeah, I gotta cop that ship, you know what I mean? Like so and that, and that's the thing. I want to do that for even them generations, Like but just throw that ship, Like why Poppy ain't on vinyl?
Speaker 2: Bro, that Poppy album needs to be on vinyl. It's not on vinyl. I'm about to buy that ship exactly. Get that vinyl money, you know, money, money, tell me, Yeah, I want to hear. Let me ask this question if you want to. Yeah, I want to hear because let me.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you because it ain't nothing, no, no, no, I gotta ask you because.
Speaker 3: You are like, you know, every every Memorial Day, what is it ross that we bring up the black Marcus Garvey flag out.
Speaker 2: June every June team coming, we win a yeah, and we put the Marcus Garby with the Africa flaner and we go white next to the whitest white people. We love, we love it.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we like President love it. They love it too, do they do they party with you? They'll be like, where's my white friends on me? From that boat? Honestly they should be showing team we take, we take, we built. Come on, bro, the Marcus gary the very black and green flag shopping white people. I love that. And if we put the flag right there and.
Speaker 3: This just float and then all the white people always says, they say, who are flag? And then my friend Diego, he's always on the boat with us, and he says, he's a flag pitch.
Speaker 2: And that's why the white allies want to do. They put their body life. So what I'm trying to say is you don't know this, but I think of you and your brother dad President. I think stay tell me that one every time.
Speaker 3: So you are known as an afrocentric pro black group.
Speaker 2: So when you say you don't you never gave poor Wall love? Is that because of his skin color? And again, I want to go here, right here. I don't want to give him a flu He's not.
Speaker 19: That's where he was going because, for real, part of my building makeup as I was becoming.
Speaker 2: Aware of what life is.
Speaker 19: Main Source dropped their album which made which was part of my makeup as a fifteen year old, sixteen year old hip hop nigga seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Still, I want to say, what year was it? I was knowledge, I was in Tallahassee. Okay, okay, I was I have gone.
Speaker 19: I was at Florida A and M University to show over there in Tallahassee. So you dropping, and I'm loving.
Speaker 2: We's a Tempa Bay two. We all like, oh god, so we's out here, so boom. I just got to say to this.
Speaker 19: What I gained and developed from hip hop at that point made me so aware of my surroundings and who we are that that that made me have a voice. Did you thank you made me have a voice? I'm telling you, friendly game of baseball hit me so hell its crooked. The whole system is crooked based on our analysis. I'm saying, how I how.
Speaker 1: We've seen We've seen it exactly, and my man came throing some poetics.
Speaker 2: No way to do it.
Speaker 19: So we in here and I'm here fucking with us in hip hop and I can't lie. And not only that, we moved from Tallahassee to New York.
Speaker 2: We are dead.
Speaker 19: President met Steve with Brooklyn, Lord Jamar, all of you was right by Spotney, right, that's that's later. Earlier we were downside five five sixty State Streets days. I'm talking about five sixty State Street, Lord Jamar, downtown. This is iced to see j going in the Vila, same building as Jay.
Speaker 2: The fuck is? Where the fuck did I the same building? You didn't grow up in that building?
Speaker 1: No, No, we was.
Speaker 19: We was was couch surfing on Lord Jamar's couch wow at five sixty State Street, and and the rock was being built in that building nicely saw some money in them. Everybody was coming through and all of them was in that building.
Speaker 1: And we had.
Speaker 19: Developed what we were gonna talk about and be about. So we were gonna protect all the ship that you gave us. We that's what we were doing. Were like let's make an album that definitely says, let's define where our brother said this, and we want to party in bullshit too, but but we're gonna keep it here stand, So let me fast forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you.
Speaker 19: Just want to get fast forward because I didn't lose sight, because that's who I am. For those and so and to give him his flowers in this moment, absolutely well, yes I need one of those.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he's asked for you or for me.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You know that's the smoke, and that boy smokes, he smokes. I just got to say that. I got to say I.
Speaker 19: Met I met b On, I met be On, Lord Jamar Scouts in Brooklyn in that same five sixty State street.
Speaker 2: I bet bun Bee. He took me to meet Pempcy.
Speaker 19: We met Pempcy here actually in Miami, Lord Jamal bun b Pempcy that press.
Speaker 2: I love Houston, Texas. I love what Houston represents to.
Speaker 19: The world because based off of them country ass niggas who said what they said and they ain't fucking around with it.
Speaker 2: They was there. They were clear about what it was. Boy, So I can't lie. So let me fast forward. So when I see Paul Wall. I'm very uh yeah, torn is it?
Speaker 19: Look you gotta show me, You gotta show me, always been to show me, and we I've been around. Did show you white boys, and he did show you black people's music.
Speaker 2: He did show you. But I did not know that he knew this world. Man, I did not know that he knew. So then I moved to Houston.
Speaker 19: I can't lie just because of like because of facing bun basically because I moved to Houston after New York, after Brooklyn, and and and I really wasn't clear on who Paul Wall was, and so for we see each other, I just did not was not being clear. So just to say this before this conversation, and because you also gave him his flowers and validated him and I and I want to do that in this moment because I never because I never did. But when you asked me someone say it, you know, he's definitely to me. Had to be clear that he was in this, not as like an exploiter of it. Never I couldn't see it. And but I didn't know what you don't saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying you, I mean I don't think that I don't.
Speaker 12: Know his story I know his I think just the screw angle, like from a millionaire story, like like he comes from the world story.
Speaker 2: So this is not today for me, the past past, Like you not know the fact that he's drying, right, he wasn't.
Speaker 21: He's saying that he had never given him his love because in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want to do it now. You know, I'm talking wanted the boy. I'm gonna be honest with you. I mean, I know you give him love. But when he came, he cat and he got a fresh cut. Yo. Know, he got a low season, right tell, and he gotta That's what we walk with him. That's what we rocked when we was like, yo, we got a look, he's a student of the game. This is what's to me. It's more important than anything else. If you were suiting of the game. Yeah, and Paul Law is a student of the game.
Speaker 21: When he was talking about Ellmatic, something something that m said was interesting to me. He's said, he said, it's very subjective that you would make that album the best album because.
Speaker 2: I think queens. That's what he said.
Speaker 21: That's what and I think, but that's what what what he was saying from his perspective and how the music he making. That's why his perspective is subjective. I think that's because I.
Speaker 19: Was making exact I was so I was so fucked up with this system that I and then distrustful.
Speaker 2: And that's honesty. And I mean, and I'm not the only one fiels his way. I just want to say, remember you.
Speaker 3: Guys, the only person that you guys have a feelings about Steve Ripkin.
Speaker 19: We did and and still openly my partners the stick and Steve still talking.
Speaker 2: But that's that's also about the thanks.
Speaker 19: That we have about like the the exploitation that and and Steve can never escape the fact that his music is completely exploitive.
Speaker 2: Of us and till this day, to this day. But about it, this music has been exploited of black people to this day, said And what was he saying about snoop.
Speaker 19: Reference the streaming with the streaming references steaming? Yes, yes, saw that toward points towards steaming. That's what snoopy streaming, streaming, streaming when it is seeming exact same mechanism that's never been right, because it's like it's never been right, that's how.
Speaker 21: But also with with somebody like poor war like as you start to mention, when you start to defend his place in the culture, you start talking about cultural things that he's done.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 21: There exists racist white rappers one hundred percent, but they would never be on a level of a poor war never slim.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 19: So who used to live near me in Houston? Who helped me to understand this shit even more? Because like this was crue for him? You know what I'm saying, This family, I didn't. It was was not my family. People became my family.
Speaker 2: That's broke.
Speaker 1: And listen, man, I was down there in Houston with them, with Bun, I got a banger coming out with Man. Yeah, it's fucking he bro just like how Bill Pyrimi.
Speaker 2: Is with Heat. It's along them lines. Let's do Bun Doug d already know with Bun and Paul wool And turned coming up right now. I mean about smoking smoking beef.
Speaker 1: This is thing so smoking beast is this thing that we do out in New York.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: My man Lord is you know what I mean, He's he's the one that spearheading this, you know, you know he been on the circuit for many years, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And wearing many hats.
Speaker 1: This man has worked with Russell Simmons and Rush and all types of shaking the.
Speaker 2: Wall penalty, all types of things. So yeah, he got exactly. So you know, I was like, Yo Box, Uncle World Video Music Box, Uncle Ralph. The Smoking Beasts is an album. No, actually it's a movement.
Speaker 29: So what we're doing, Yeah, so what we do love that we palked the parks In back to the Lower east Side. Need is needed, right And I say parks In is where it's a platform and a place where there's nobody specials, no vr P, most Deathinite might pop up, buck while might pop up, pop up. Well, we had on the niggas was doing Lights Lights whole album and they come and gather smoke.
Speaker 2: We just play beats, play beats, beat DJ right and I'll be playing. I'll be playing all these joints.
Speaker 1: I'll be I play I Love my Life in there many times. And that's that's Queens Lounge and Anthon and then that's.
Speaker 2: An ant already doing this. Just are we doing in Miami? Can we do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We drink, can't hoast it? This release party? This yeah, come on, you know I'm with it one hundred percent and to.
Speaker 1: A movie so much love in there, man, and Yo're always like contrary to how hip hop used to be, Yo, it starts and finishes with all love respects. So all that old school ship and fighting and all that ship that ship, don't.
Speaker 2: We love?
Speaker 21: Y'all should tell them, y'all should tell them about the spot, because legacy is Cannabis in New York City is a different thing.
Speaker 2: Because cannabis and is legal in New York.
Speaker 29: Now we've been smoking, you know, thats the cases and doing all that, but it's to a point where.
Speaker 1: The mayor you want to right, Adams, Man, come on, man, let's get that churism going.
Speaker 2: Before we get before we get cards again. And look, so yes, cannabis is legal to a degree.
Speaker 19: You know what I mean, it ain't because I'm telling you that what we're talking the space that we're talking about that we're holding smoking beats in right now only for now, there's a space that we've created. We called this out. This is called it's called legacy n y C. And it's because of the legacy that we bring. So we on ninety eight Orchard Streets right as me and my partner on me, and it's really like when you walk in.
Speaker 2: My sister Lisa gonna tell you this is dad practice. She's gonna tell you as soon as you walk in the door. But truly to tell you his exhibit did that's the goal? Have you been seeing it?
Speaker 1: Ramon?
Speaker 2: I'm all right now make sure.
Speaker 1: Saying yeah, we're about to do my daughters on at showing there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 19: So I just want to say we established that crazy in Lower East Side and Brooklyn for a long time and Williams right across from Supreme. We really wanted to build a place that we could have like a place to build like we call it a cultural destination.
Speaker 21: I'll be honest when I come to New York, I don't come to New York without stopping through.
Speaker 2: You got you got someone.
Speaker 1: Open all.
Speaker 2: M let's do it. I don't want to take you even if we're not, if we just individually, we got to pass. We live down the locks smart. Our latest exhibit apart from salam Remi is now when you said like your New York like I was you you look it up our edit right now, I've got to be angry.
Speaker 9: So hold on.
Speaker 2: Let we're doing smoking beats in that environment. We did smoking beats because we like. It always began and that in the in this smoky ass room with the beat machine, first with the producer and then with this yeah, and us being like, and that's how it happens. The cook up is real, the producers. I never heard this.
Speaker 7: The cook up is real, so so so so so. Nail's coming here with this. Fucking boy got away with waves. He got a wait in the front of ninety eight Orchard Street right there, and.
Speaker 19: He's a rower in the lower He's a rapper to you right now, he'd be he like, we should cook something in here with the producers.
Speaker 2: As a producer. We did that as a student of Large, as a student of lage On. So four years I've been an understudy of Large. They might know that God tell him what's happening connected. And one day he left the equipment. It's like Paul, she did for me, Man and my left machine. That's old mass, brother's old mass.
Speaker 29: And all that sat and I looked at the equipment and and I was like, yo, I'll be a fucking idiot if I don't take a ship. He had the records that he did allmatic with all these other things, that original example sitting right in front of my face in my crib. So this nigga bounced come back while and I started cooking up because I learned shout out to te y'all love and magnetic y'all your mad bro happy back when I was young, but I was taking hold off man.
Speaker 2: You know about your magnetic Come on, that's people people. I feel like we're back in there, honestly.
Speaker 1: Cannabis doing target right now. NIS hit me up like, yo, p they playing front doing target right now?
Speaker 2: Crazy, We're backing up. Surprised so lost story law.
Speaker 29: He come back to the crib. He how was he coming to see me whole? You know what I'm saying, man, shout out the job man, Yeah, from corner from job, this nigga coming to kriit one day, I'm playing to beat, I thought.
Speaker 2: He he's like, ye, what the fun is that? Like yo, He's like no, that's yeah, he's in.
Speaker 29: So I started doing it again and doing again, and he left for n P one thousand with me, and I started banging out for two to three years straight, practicing playing.
Speaker 2: Over and now what and now what? People want that nobody the one right? But now number you won't roll some credit. I won't roll the credits.
Speaker 29: I did the intro to Emon Doug's debut albums to his game after or since then, I did the.
Speaker 2: Intro what about my man, my man, the Flashy Guy.
Speaker 29: I did five mikes joint shout out to five Mikes. I did his starts at an independent album.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? What about the bros?
Speaker 29: Back got announced and I'm blessed to say, because damn, this is.
Speaker 2: The line, this is the line told you I'm gonna do it like my man t O Cross. I mean, we got job roll on your job, at your job, man, your job.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: They told me man, my girl Jin she told me that you you know you're doing that. You're doing that series. Man, you're doing that serials of course, Yo, we got man, we got your job, man, your job.
Speaker 2: I got the lowest Yo, super dupala, super duper man cracks, super duper Yo. You're such a professional man. Yo. I was saying that. I was saying that.
Speaker 1: I was like yo, because you know, I know, I know, you know brother went through you know a couple of who you know what I mean? How you are you right now?
Speaker 2: Dogs? How you handled you know me?
Speaker 1: Because it's a it's a lot of bull Yo. I was like, Yo, that brother is the most profot right now, man dogs man like yo, and yo, the gross got gurses dogs.
Speaker 2: I was right there for you.
Speaker 30: Man.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, you're gone got it got too many things, nigga.
Speaker 1: We got the queen's lambs. It's Queen's las baby. Where you ain't queens ladies, where you at? It's Queen's now in the building.
Speaker 2: You know how we do it?
Speaker 1: Yo, job man, Yo, But my girls, she told me, I'm there for the ship room where you be at? No lord nets in the building, Man, Lord nets in the building. Man, yoo, you know hold man?
Speaker 2: You know old man? Of course, he said, that's the whole this.
Speaker 1: Jod chilling man. Now, Yo, you're chilling man. Mike early Yo, man, see the guard man. He came through me.
Speaker 2: I love this moment, man, I put it together. I'm big. Queens can lady this moment? Man can to meet him? One and one from that prince brother borrowed up. Man.
Speaker 19: Let to meet your strong SOULDI to massuga, good to meet you can't.
Speaker 1: Mine.
Speaker 2: It's mine, it's mine is my. I'm gonna just say the real quick so no, no, you ship you hell you mute as your camera. Now you go, now you're back. Oh this is a big queen ship top you Oh my god, that's on top. I ain't gonna lie like myself were in were saying later to take you, my brother take you appreciate that, so yo appreciate that. That's oh I have more stone rocks. Oh my god, because I didn't even queens no more. Actually exactly, you know you know what this moment than me. Uh Red Joe shout out the frost of start.
Speaker 29: He came to the r P. My man who stopped. You might know him, Steve Obell used to hold Steve O Bell down the ship. Shout out to Steve. He passed away. We saw at his funeral and he came to my crib and Fred Jrow came started coming from my house funeral to mom.
Speaker 2: She was like, Yo, that's cute. Moved all that.
Speaker 29: But anyway, son looked out and gave me a placement on honest new joint that just came out.
Speaker 2: I got three joints and the new projects so que circle. One man shot good.
Speaker 29: No, I wasn't the records and now brothers just showing me love. He took me the Q tip cribs out of the tip man humble because I'm the giant, the big bro. He's like, no, Nigga, play some ship and the humble way play some ship. I'm like, well, I play some ship. The nigga just stopped banging out, start playing this basis ship to the beat like base on this ship and you know, I mean, I just takeing this.
Speaker 2: So the smoking beat he comes from.
Speaker 29: My love Now for the production and man and one of that legacy at four twenty ironically we came up with that.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 29: I brought it to pig and they turned into a movement where this nigga's DM and me talking about I wanted to beat down and shout out.
Speaker 2: To key and they just playing beach Kio Kyo o yo. The one that he's a Brooklyn Feenie legend.
Speaker 1: He did a music group leading graph legend bro like X Men is on Kyo x Men. He was all on the double RS. What what you used to ride the E and the F and ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know he was.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He was telling, he was saying the RS up and the seven lines. Second. I used to walk up junction when school I went to school one twenty five on what side? So that was up there by Yeah, No, that's what'sie, that's what's forty six and blitz. So I just had to take Yeah, so I just had to take the I had to take the R to the SAD and switched to me the R to the Jackson Heights. Jackson Heights has switch over. And that's how I met Queens Bridge. I was It was crazy. Me and Compone was supposed to meet each other anyway, because copone was in my same homeroom the year before.
Speaker 3: So it's like we were supposed to. But let me ask you a question, right. One of the biggest clothing lines in the world.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I got my ship. Somebody passing my bag too, I got my ship. What you was going none of you? Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, one of the biggest clothing lines in the world is called Supreme.
Speaker 2: Yeah mm hmm. Wow, I mean we need we need, we need a cunt. By the way, there was a Supreme in Brooklyn, you need but me that he got it. He's one, just one, just one, the Supreme in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: But you know, for us, yeah, for us from Queens we only know when Supreme that's a fact, that's it. And I actually did great business with Supreme. But I've always wondered how the Supreme feel about Supreme because like right now there is there's Virgil, God blesss in peace right, but there's a clothing line called Iraq.
Speaker 2: I are a k there's no way, y I ain't get that from the God. I ain't get that from you. Yeah, And when I know y'all got that from the funeral because we actually saw them. I actually saw the people that own Iraq. Was it a one of one or was it a series? Did you see many pieces going in? Going in? All right? And they kind of gave me like a regular five and I was just like.
Speaker 23: Me, and you want the same page, mother, is the same A possibles the eleven September nineteenth, I come from the eleven like come on, like.
Speaker 2: Hold it up, holding up a relative, hold hold it up, brother, Okay, okay, yeah, you.
Speaker 23: Know, like like that's what like, come on, like I'm trying to Yeah, I'm glad you'm me and.
Speaker 2: You is here man, because here man. Now he's actolutely right what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, listen, you know what I mean. At the end of the day. Man, we had talked about that too, exactly. But at the end of the day, man, you know what I mean, there's a lot of that going on.
Speaker 2: Man. We won't make sure that you are right.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You do your thing. Man, you supreme? Man, you supreme. Now, Man, we're gonna move this forward.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know that's how we're going to do that. Man.
Speaker 1: We ain't beefing with them.
Speaker 2: Man, they do what they do. They skateboard shop.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 2: You know they've been doing what they do.
Speaker 23: And know we're saying what they got the name from that though, that's what he's trying to say.
Speaker 2: They got the name from my pup have to have to. I don't think so. Supreme is is Supreme. It came out in ninety five. Though Supreme is is a very love your positivity. No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 19: Honestly, honestly, are you guys in contact with Supreme And I want.
Speaker 2: To say that that's.
Speaker 1: That's right there.
Speaker 2: They would actually do collaboration.
Speaker 27: That's right, right, friends. I could never building ring about the culture. There's no way, there's no way.
Speaker 3: Like I said, like I said, the people from Iraq I was playing around earlier, but I did meet them, and I did realize that they did not acknowledge me at all.
Speaker 2: Right, so how did you how did that deal happen? You know how many bootleg records I see of your ship? Of course? How many? But that's but hold up, hold up, but but how did that?
Speaker 9: Like, if they didn't know about you guys, how did that deal happen?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I know it was through Virgil and Virgil. Virgil connected that, Yes, and Virgil was actually a cool dude to me.
Speaker 2: Like I kid you, not me and him.
Speaker 21: He was.
Speaker 3: He was going to design my fucking wedding, I promise you he Like I have the pictures of it.
Speaker 1: Me and Fat Joe shout out to wife and she's doing the juice thing right, you know.
Speaker 2: She got the juice wall already. You know what you need to approach them, regardless, But how to me with regardless? And there's a connected I cannot lie to you. I cannot lie to you. I'm trying to do without thinking that they stole it, but.
Speaker 23: Going and get something from trying to get connected with them.
Speaker 2: For three and a half four years, I've been trying to because there's no way, shape form of fact well, we need to all galvanized, like like we need an organizing name was as they took that name. We need to tell them that their market sharing hip hop is because of that name. Brother man, that's what that's what.
Speaker 1: That's what has to happen. Is your scape? What's another skate shop? What's another scape? My mayor, Vinnie, My mayor, Vinnie. Vinnie is down here to vision vision, let me vision, No no old comic book.
Speaker 2: I actually know. I'm gonna be honest. I believe I lean with him. I don't think they stolen out. I don't think they was hip hop company. That's without your name.
Speaker 23: I love that brand though, and it would be it would be so big for the culture for hip hop.
Speaker 2: Weurve for everything they'll do. It would be big for everything right by the name they that would that would be a horse shot the world. There's that we talked about.
Speaker 24: Man, Yes, they need to do.
Speaker 2: I think I think, I think, I think bring, I think Frame deserves that. I think you know what I mean, do that, man, Man, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, do not do that.
Speaker 2: They aren't doing.
Speaker 23: That's what I was thinking to the documentary.
Speaker 2: I was thinking that that would be just the skateboard move. I just scored a skateboard movie. Bro, I'm taking a shot. This is skateboarding, hip hop is anonymous and life. Yo, man, it's cool. Shut up when we talk about skateboard. Yeah, we're talking about and all the man. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: I just saw you.
Speaker 28: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think like all right, just like drink cham.
Speaker 1: We gotta get it right us. It's our generation. It's all left up to us. Yes, that's our generation.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: We gotta get this ship right. Man. We got yo. Man. I love your positivity because I know that's your thread.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: I love that ship. I love love, I love I loved.
Speaker 1: You used to be Yo, and I wanted to tell you that, man, Dan, you used to be something.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: You was you know like many of us. Man, you was an angry young man at one time.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: He was not want to talk to anyone or anything.
Speaker 1: I remember reaching out to you being like yo and no, Man, I'm glad you want to rise and ship you like you know, like you said, there was that disconnect.
Speaker 2: You don't know how to speak to the old. Yeah, we gotta cut that man, Yo, Go go run up on the O. G Man guaranteed that nigga gonna love you, man, You're gonna you and the whole ship. Man. We're doing that right now. Man. That's why we created happened. Keep that ship that happened and all that ship. Man. That's that old way of thinking that that that fucked up.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like New York and now, man, Like we's puffing weed now in New York publicly the police exactly. It's crazy, man. So it's like, we gotta go with the new times and what's going on.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Like, it's so sad the past that we come from, and we'll always keep that in our hearts. But moving forward, man, we want to fucking move forward together, man, and fucking just just.
Speaker 2: Some fly niggas.
Speaker 11: God, I gotta go pick my kids up from school. I come on you family, you gotta be.
Speaker 2: Something later to night. But I play some what is it?
Speaker 29: Good?
Speaker 2: Good dad? Gig shout out to static selected. Yeah, Terminology log Yo were making history of the city.
Speaker 21: But this is this is crazy dope synergy that you got this young man had preem you got, you got, you got nasty, you got uh M one and everybody connected before drink Champs. Absolutely absolutely, this is this is dope to see. Man, it's dope to see y'all do now.
Speaker 3: We go, let me, let me, let me ask you, let the bather hit them? Yeah, tell us about that. So I just elected.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I did the work, and at them times, you know what I'm saying. You know, it was my growing pains, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I was in there.
Speaker 1: I was ambitious, you know, and now I learned that, you know what I'm saying, Like I should have just stayed in my lane. You know, at that time, I wanted to go to the highest heights them niggas was kings at the time. Man, it was the highest, the top, at the top at that time.
Speaker 2: And I'm in there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I got my chest stuck out, you know what I mean, my chest stuck out. I know what I'm doing, and shit, I know what I know. And like, yo, nah, that that ship right there, you know, I'm telling him that, Nah, that ship right there? You know when they seeing and I was real bold with it, and I don't think they really agreed with that style, you know what I mean? Because I was I was a true drink champ from the start. Nick my mom's everybody, Like we drank coming up, you know what I mean, Like I drew up with the fucking crabs on the terrace with the little.
Speaker 2: Nips of Miller and shit like that.
Speaker 1: So I'm drinking. When you talk about drink Champs, I'm like, you know, I know all the beers, the big beer.
Speaker 2: I want to I want you to drink that. You go through all of those, you know what I mean, Like I know what it is, Harlem, I know what it is.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. So that's what that was, you know, And I was coming in that light and you know, like how embrace the young bro right here? You know what I'm saying, Like I'm just telling him right now, like he he a little angry about like Yo, you know I think supreme you know me.
Speaker 2: Need to do And I'm like, yo, no, no, no, not angry exactly. It's not peace. Who's who? Well, let me say in better words, he feel the way and aggressively go in and get the collaboration. But no, no, it ain't not in a bad way.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying even that, But it's more the fact how he feel about that ship, like how he feels like damn he feel a way about that ship to exactly. You know what I mean, he feel a way about that and that's and that's what we gotta get right, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean about how did why Cleft get in the video for Let the Rhythm Hit Him? He's in that video playing the bass. He said that the story is these two of some hip hop stories, for real hip hop story.
Speaker 18: That ship he worked at the bookstore. The bookstore, come on, you already know man, I don't know, Man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Bro know No, that's when I was out the fold and Ship.
Speaker 1: They had the music already, they was good and now Wild Cleff was dancing.
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 1: Nah, but yo, let the rhythm hit them, ship, you know what I mean, Like it was a learning experience for me. We went through a little fucking fiasco on the Source magazine, you know what I mean. I did the interview, you know what I mean, niggas do me. They was like, Yo, it's gonna be off, It's gonna be off the off the record, you know what I mean. We're talking off the record, and all the ship that I was saying to them quietly wound up on the record. And then it just caused, you know what I mean, like a little wrath and ship like I.
Speaker 2: Was admitting that you produced the whole album, right, which was facts, just facts.
Speaker 1: But in the in, in the process, you know, there's an industry thing that you do where you smooth things over, your buffer.
Speaker 2: Things and you do like problems with you and Eric B because of that.
Speaker 1: No, there was never a problem, Nigga. There's this fucking myth out there about every bee put his hands on me. Never that never that he is the flyes nigga on earth. Man, that niggas too cool to put his hands like he do. That nigga too cool to even give you a pound.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna yo, yo.
Speaker 1: Man, that's that's a fly nigga. And I was so fucking privileged to have seen them niggas and they fucking.
Speaker 2: That's another man.
Speaker 1: I could never Man, I could never, man, you know what I'm saying, I can never discount that ship man, the guards, the guards, the big bros, the kings at that time, let me in the building.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, glasses and glasses ass nigga coming from Flushing Queens, coming from the wackiest part of town trying to rap with you. You know, I got everything against me. Nigga, did you feel with your glasses?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, I didn't. But that's how niggas see me. That's real because one thing I said, you can't see me. We did. He did People's party. We ain't put it out yet, but we talked. We ain't put it. I thought that was already out with last professor. Yeah, I swear my mind, I said.
Speaker 21: I said, for me coming in and coming in from as a hip hop person, not from the street side, to see this man with his afro, yo, I gotta.
Speaker 2: As he did. He had a little glasses. It was bully.
Speaker 1: It was funny because look, man, I took on a hard life. I didn't have to. But the way I was raised, I was raised with every like how every one of us was with the fucking template. You gotta get the house to call the kid, the money, the kid to home, that type ship. That's what everybody's raised, you know what I mean. So I was going for that ship, and it was a little hard for me because I was like a hip hop purist. So when I get into the industry and I've seen the town, fool of read that was going on in the industry. I'm like, hold up, Nah, hold up that niggas faking the funk, Like oh no, this is this is.
Speaker 2: The girl hip hop purism, Like we all followed you, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So now I'm starting to call that ship, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And that.
Speaker 1: But on the outside, to the younger to the young bros, they're like, yo, that thing is disgruntled, Like why he always complaining like he always complained about the industry, Like like.
Speaker 2: You know, I had the mushroom cut with the bookroom hat, with the crazy glasses. Niggas was like I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just what it was.
Speaker 2: It's just what you're doing what everybody else wasn't.
Speaker 1: I love, But I want to write a song one day, and I want to write a song called kid on the cover, and I want to talk about who that kid was, you know what I mean, because I know who that was, you know what I mean? And yeah, who lost professor was at that time? You know, I know why NAS had to you know what I mean kind of like you know, because it was a different I was on a different mission, you know.
Speaker 2: Point That's that that was the that was the illest thing. At one point you and I was like motherfucking Quincy and Mike question and then and then it disappeared what had happened at that time?
Speaker 1: Well, Steve Stout, I'm asking I had a different I had a different.
Speaker 2: Well Steve Steve.
Speaker 1: Actually one time Steve came through and he was he came through for a kid and play remix that I did, so he used to manage here.
Speaker 30: This kidding, Yeah, I feel the same play before I know, but I want to hear this reason.
Speaker 1: But like Steve, Steve was down with like everybody in the hearst Early like he was down with the East Elmhurst community.
Speaker 3: Steve Stout really trying to look out for me. I was like, too fucking dumb and too fucking young, and two gangster like that'suff came along, came.
Speaker 1: Very like me do with me.
Speaker 2: But don't remember his interview.
Speaker 9: He was very opinionated in what he thought was good and bad about me, but in general on hip hop.
Speaker 1: And but that's the whole ship that we need. We need instead of the older bros like saying, oh that nigga man, I can't, like, I gotta get away from that. Just explain like, yo, you're doing it like you said he was doing that.
Speaker 2: Man. Know, I'm saying this is what we needed need a documentary about. You know we're gonna do anyway in an animal fucking movie and all that. Can I ask the questions everybody? Here is what I think. And let's get this. You could put if you could put the Golden Era in an asterisk, right, and what an asterisk in a parentheses asteris asteris whatever. I don't know if I speak the right language, speaking of the span as an ass not right, that's not to me. So let's just say you put the gold there in there right for me? I believe, in my opinion, main source is the beginning of that beginning of the Golden ERAa no, no, no, no, Jungle Brothers and all of them. Bro hold up, we're I'm not asking you. I'm asking everybody else. You're not. You're not I'm not asking. I want to. I want to. I want to help year the fast right year to breaking at them. I think it's ninety two right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Knowledge, That's all we did was moving knowledge.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Dante Royd. What do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Shout out to Dante ros why we shouting down? Really, you don't want to set them out. They ain't humble, No moms, the quarter with fucking paradise grating all of them.
Speaker 29: And from when I did my research, that started the Golden Era the Latin quarters because.
Speaker 1: So does that include what I'm saying or no, Well everyone has a different Golden Well remember.
Speaker 12: Only speaking musically because remember I'm not I'm not in New Yorks.
Speaker 2: Just want to ask about the year shout out beautiful. By the way, I'm not going here, this is my music. I'm not say.
Speaker 1: He was signing.
Speaker 2: King ready to being right? All these woman keep going. So this that's what you call it this year? Because my theory is that the that the era that we sorry sorry, do you believe in the Golden Era like that?
Speaker 1: That is that?
Speaker 2: That is a thing? Yeah, yeah, I do. But but it's subjective, okay.
Speaker 12: From jeeing us here, subjective for waiting on the salmon, what you you're born and.
Speaker 2: What's your tenure Golden ever time? So for me, Golden Ever starts a.
Speaker 21: Tenure time frame. For me, it's nineteen eighty eight, so you look ninety eight. I'm just saying eighty eight period. I'm saying starting I'm saying, I'm saying, I'm saying, all the albums that came out in eighty eight are the albums that that define for me from my eerr what a hip hop record.
Speaker 2: Is supposed to sound. Because it was like samples like that sample lyricism, and it's lyricism E P D. It's all this, all that lyricism starts there and but and his n W A and J Jeff Yeah, oh my, you know what I'm saying. But you know what's funny in my opinion, No, no, no, that is the predecessor to the Golden Era in my I do have this. You did mention this? Yeah, what's that right that? What's that right there?
Speaker 1: Grab ship, That's that's your lineage. That's what you actually need to listen to this because you the hustling lineage. He's talking a lot of you know, chilling on the sofa with my dollar sign sweater. He said that on this you know what I mean, Like yo, he said a lot of fly. He got a joint call on.
Speaker 21: Fly on this listen then and the and the Rap g Rapp g rap preceide Big Time Guarantee because rabbit.
Speaker 2: Curtains, ball.
Speaker 21: G rapping, big punt and then if you listen to Black Door, your Black Door.
Speaker 2: G rap and Big Daddy camee mixed together. Also Philly Ship. Listen, listen.
Speaker 12: The black thought is one of the hillis mcs to ever live, to ever live, Man, I don't think he came from the knowledge soon enough credit that he needs.
Speaker 1: He brought him to the staircase. Man, he didn't, He didn't. He didn't he like you know he was. We brought him to the staircase.
Speaker 2: I think, black. Do you know the staircase?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we didn't say. We didn't say. We said, we said, we said the staircase. That's where niggas sit there and they listened and they listen to music. That's the way we listened to our music.
Speaker 2: And the staircase.
Speaker 1: Staircase no, not by itself. With many of us need us brothers, and we will have for one of us.
Speaker 12: We would have many of us see and call out Towers is a dark staircase and we're just there.
Speaker 2: It's well lit and.
Speaker 1: This year pieces all why in call out so we could we could accommodate many So many have claimed going to our Yeah, man, it's really nice man. And we're sitting there and the ship is echoing off the walls. Were being there playing Mary j blocking glens all that ship. No, because that's like my man late for dinner. That's where they at, Like my man late for dinner. He'll pull out the motherfucking generator and the turntables. I met him in the b X, like the rabbi. Rabbi dok Syde big up him. Man, he's a very very very rabbi dog side. Yes, sir, no doubt that.
Speaker 2: The first hop I'm gonna tell you this. I'm gonna you this. He's a no. But listen, no, no, I'll tell you this. Rabbi.
Speaker 1: I was just building with him and he's like, Yo, I just ran this marathon real quick, I'm about to run this net. So we we we're just gonna leave that right there. You know what, Rabbi, that's the Rabbi. So he said he sent late. He was like, Yo, go to the BX and see loss professor and late you know he came through yet this girl with him and he's like, Yo, what up man? Yo, the Rabbi sent me and so boom he was like, Yo, I'm gonna go to the amphitheat. I'm gonna bring the turntables and the generator and the records out like wow up like wowated Wild the brother recated Wild Staff and Yo. I zoomed down there real quick. So that's where we're at with the youngins right now. Like they've a lot, Man, I need one of those.
Speaker 2: Is this drink MPs? I need to hood, I need the hood you everything I got you, I got you. Where's the drink? Like we got them from? I got you?
Speaker 3: Let me just tell you something I got you. You got you all the quaint essential guests that we want.
Speaker 2: To absolutely you legends like a million times, a few times, a million times we finished. Let me give you your flowers, large bro in a lot of ways, Marley ma large Pro if it does If it's no Molly mar and there's no large Pro, there's no drink Champs. You want to break it down for you, that's I mean, we could go through all the branch. Let me break Let me give you a bunch of bands. Say yes, he's but let me just break it down for you to get your long wait. Let me let me bring you.
Speaker 3: Put your connections to nas nas with his connection to connect, leave.
Speaker 2: His connection to me. If it wasn't for you, it might not be n O R. That's real because of you. I mean you know I did good at school man. We took all there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it wasn't for you, they might not be an r A, they might not be a CNN, they might not be tours man, might not be.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, but let me give you your flowers. Bro to two three four five coming, I'll be Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: Anytime you're gonna get your flowers, you donna get your props to day.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, bro, right now. My brother really the pops was on the ball. There's still not hold on about you today. It's what used today. Let me just tell you something large, bro, because my used to chill left right to with the brother from Let me give you your props. Let me give you your prop. You see this brother right here, that's your bro. You see this brother right here. You see his brother right here. You see and one. We are all here because of you, absolute you. We're not you got here. Although everyone loves Japanese whiskey, yes, yes as well.
Speaker 1: I saw you.
Speaker 2: I saw your hot ones.
Speaker 3: But taking it back about you, that was like, let me tell you something. I gotta give your flowers. You got to embrace it because I see you deflected.
Speaker 2: That's what you're doing. You're deflecting because your use collection. We got talking about it. Come on, you know your large pro Please Bro, accept it. But you know what I can do. I can give your flowers. I can give you your props.
Speaker 3: I can give you your praises because I'm being honest, large pro.
Speaker 2: You deserve it. Just accepted, just because you know what you talk about. You know, my sister, great, great god, come down, list listen. I am listen.
Speaker 1: Large Bro.
Speaker 2: You are a god. You are a legend, you are icon. You you deserve everything that we are talking to you about right now.
Speaker 12: Hold hold on, hold on, let me take it away from because this is You're gonna be used to a queen's guy giving you queen's love.
Speaker 2: This is a Miami guy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm just a hip hop head. Yes, and you are a legend. Did you used to break? I tried, I try, I popped, I locked your feet. I did everything.
Speaker 5: I did everything.
Speaker 2: That was everything.
Speaker 12: And now we love you, dog. You mean everything was everything to us. You know that, honest, honestly honestly, you are legacy, calling you are legacy and hip hop that he so much.
Speaker 2: We call me, we say, but I don't know he's borrowing. But no one last pro man. I'm being honest. Man, I love you. Man, Let me get to you, Let me take such section two. I'm like, you're gonna take the next gona take the bus next year.
Speaker 3: It because I know how humble you are and that that makes you even more a better person to to to. But I wanted to tell you you are really a legend, you are really an icon. You are really When we based this show, we said we wanted to give flowers to the people that matter, that matter to us, that matters to real hip hop. And I'm gonna be honest with you. You was top five of our first guests we ever did it. And the fact that I had your phone number and I didn't want to take advantage because.
Speaker 2: I was I was texting you and he was like, yeah, maybe, but you.
Speaker 1: Know how you text great date great weather outside.
Speaker 2: I said, no, you know trauma.
Speaker 1: And now he's on the left, he's on the love shide, He's on the love shide.
Speaker 31: I love it, But brother, I'm gonna be honest that ship. I'm gonna be honest with you. Love, no no, and all seriousness from some ship. Yeah yeah, but all seriousness you. You are really a legend, bro. No no for you lord, Yo, hold on.
Speaker 2: Hold number nine. Shout out. Shouts to Jasmine, shout out to people's.
Speaker 28: Are listen Yo, the podcast amazing. You love your podcast. That's just easy on not saying you we love you, cousin podcast. Son is crazy, my son and my daughter and everything. But like like nor, he said, we're giving you your flower your day.
Speaker 2: Man, what I'm saying he's not reflected because you know why a large bro. Man. Let me just tell you something. Listen, no real talk. We was aflector dot com to get Oh that's my trying to make yourself whole. He trying to fucking beat the people's.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, I'm like, Yo, no, Brontu, here you take on that whole, but he's taking on the whole ship or lost.
Speaker 2: In case you give each other. In case you don't know, lost bro, this is yes, we are here for you. Yes, we are here for you.
Speaker 3: You deserve your flowers, lost bro, Look, you deserve your flowers.
Speaker 2: You look into his eyes.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, he's not doing that to joe yash Medo joy look at you, look at his ice to your see what do you see?
Speaker 2: Look right now he's sampled your eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Ya y'all mother to make it if I pull up the facts, I could pull up the facts.
Speaker 2: We'll pull it up later. But get somebody.
Speaker 1: Much too much.
Speaker 2: You gotta relax, y'all. Listen, listen, look at bro Man large bro, all of us like to live.
Speaker 3: Just said, I want to hear what you'll live, he said, because I said I wouldn't be here with out you, and then tyd Lib said you wouldn't be here without him?
Speaker 2: So can you can?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: Can you come down? Relax? It's time you've got a queen's hat on too. Large Bro.
Speaker 21: We need you to not just you know Main Source and the work that when when Large Professor went from first of all, we dropped that Large Professor record before the main flow main source record came out. And then when he went on to do what he did with trop Court Quest, and he went on to do what he did with with NAS later on with State chiseled and and all that type of ship. You know what I'm saying, Like large. Professor is the purest of the pure he is he is the foundation of it.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. Man, somebody's snoring back here. Let's wrap this up.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to DJ cow Man, Let's get back to DJ Colt.
Speaker 2: I need somebody, you are nobody to be.
Speaker 1: Rocket for me.
Speaker 2: And then what about the dance squad interview, the ball squad you're keeping them now public? Indemy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: It was that that album? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank Keith and Humbly. You got to get my man Ayatolla to mixing him because that's your lineage. Brother.
Speaker 2: Yes, so these are people also.
Speaker 1: That I would love to see you on drink Champs Man, Humbly Man, I would love to. I definitely love your platform, you know, because honestly, you need to get the flowers.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I get my flowers daily, man for my people's man, and I love that you're giving me. You have given me my flowers also. But you bro, because you came up some ship, bro, and I know that.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No, fat man, Day, it's not you, it's but today. You know what today is, I'm officially called today.
Speaker 15: What is it?
Speaker 2: From seventeenth is large professional knowledge power, the knowledge gone. That's today's man gone as not as god O being ball bill destroyed.
Speaker 1: There we go, my man on my You know what my act was, Prince infinite love of law.
Speaker 3: You look like a lover because told me you never left the relationship and looking at the front door.
Speaker 2: Hit me. She just hit me. But I'm sorry, not just she just she just hit me for my birthday.
Speaker 1: And the girl, the girl that you were talking about. Reck No, no, no, not that I was talking about that. I was around at that time. And she just hit me for my birthday. Everything is so good. She has her family. You know, she was from Left Rack. Her name is Sakima's like she was beautiful, not the.
Speaker 2: Girl, but beautiful exactly. We know that for a fact. We come from This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 20: It's a problem. It was a problem for us. We came from what are we talking about. We're talking about the Queen's lounge. We're talking about the Queen's lounge. When we come down, it was it was just like it was just like to like Queen's Eddie Murphy how he said it, That's how it was. And left Rack that's how it was. And Flushing, that's how it was.
Speaker 2: Like and the most beauti the world.
Speaker 1: What you she had to like, she had to she chose, you know, she had to like deal with that that you knew many many beautiful. But she knew that like she knew you. You hang around many. No, we we you guys were different. We went different ways because.
Speaker 2: She lives that you never left. No, no, he did look at the front door. Woman, No woman believes me. He was trying to work it out, he said, no woman on one only one.
Speaker 1: Woman left me. She I won't say that. I don't won't say that because boy, well my son, it's about you, my son. I love my son. You know what I mean. But only one woman left me, you know what I mean? And other than that, now, no woman leaves me. Man, they rock with me because.
Speaker 32: He was itching the jet though he was itching. But you looked at the front door. If you never walked through, he said, no, look cherish in my crib. So we had a front door in the back door. You know what story about.
Speaker 1: Hey, Look, my pops used to smoke his weed before he went to the hospital to do his job.
Speaker 2: Five o'clock in the morning. Man, I wrote my name on the wall.
Speaker 1: Man, he was like lost pro man, you got some big shoes to fill man and with to work, you know what I mean. He used to hang out with Wise. He used to hang out with all of them man for yeah, hell yeah, man. My pops used to hang out with Moose the big small Popsy should work at the hospital, Kelly. Yes, she used to work with my pops at the hospital.
Speaker 2: He's Queen's for real. Queen was Queen Pops.
Speaker 1: He's super.
Speaker 2: He's super Q for his pops in them.
Speaker 3: Used to rack, used to rock the front door. Hall body, I'll tell you one time. I don't know, I don't I don't know if we're gonna use this, but I'm gonna say it. I'm on the van Wick. Your pops see me, and he pulled me over like the police with God, this is pream. You got to pull over.
Speaker 2: You can't keep going, you know.
Speaker 3: Felt But he like, yo, He looked at me and he says, I'm not I think I'm Norri, but I'm I'm like becoming who I am yet And to.
Speaker 1: Cut your wards for a second, yo, dogs, Yo, you was ringing so crazy in Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Dogs, I went to this barbecue. Dogs, dolls, dolls.
Speaker 1: Stop that fucking album was ringing so hard.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I went to this barbecue one time. I was lit.
Speaker 1: I was over there on one nineteen America American.
Speaker 2: Ships giving him. I had to do. I had to get no, look, I had to I had to create for self. I had the house for self.
Speaker 1: That's whereas I think NAS bought you want to do one time with nature and all of them. Ship, But I was down in the basement that type of ship. So I was over there. But I went to this this barbecue and Rochdale rode So I'm moving in Rochdale and ship. But it was in the outskirts the houses and shipp on, you know, going back down towards Baisley. You know what I'm talking about, houses in between the ship between Baisley and Rodsteale. So I'm in the backyard and ship and I'm lit and ship. I had to whip outside and ship. I was chilling the ship. My man's with me and not fucking what what what?
Speaker 2: No dogs? It was the it was the height of summer.
Speaker 5: This it was.
Speaker 2: It was the I'm gonna take my flower? Do you want to hear it? Man?
Speaker 1: But you you just said Adolf was I told him, I got I got to card and hold that down.
Speaker 2: I'm hold on, I tell you, and the Q you get three fishes the story. But yeah, so I'm on the van Wick.
Speaker 3: I'm driving obviously I've always been a hot driver. Crazes me and he goes like this, So I'm like okay, because it's like kind of like the police. It's like you can't, you can't, you can't say extreme, I'm I'm I'm a stream.
Speaker 2: How did you know? Did you know that? You know it was preing from the starts? Green eyes? Brother? Oh you do them? Ships? Lit the funk up? How did you know? You my love has green eyes? Now you know you need to pull over. That was a big victim, yes ma mambo.
Speaker 1: So so.
Speaker 2: He used to go like this, boom, So I pull over. I'm nervous ship because that's frame. What the is prame pulling you fucking oh for everyone in the van Wick. And it's just like, so.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: This isn't guardens right before you get like that, you know, man? And then frame for me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Then and I was like, what's up? He's like, yo, I know, I know you don't understand, but don't shot.
Speaker 2: Me out and I was as a rapper. Yeah, he's saying, don't jump out the day he like, he like, I'm still in the field when you shot me out. You're kind of telling the him like you shout him out that. Prior to that, it was on mixtapes, it was like, you know, he like, yo, He's like yo, please, please please, Like I'm trying to be right. I'm like, you have to mean due respect for that. You were like, yo, No, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: Just come from.
Speaker 3: Trying to flog ship Supreme Queens and rhymes together and he like, but but I didn't understand bying you.
Speaker 2: He had twenty one.
Speaker 3: I'm eighteen to twenty one, so I didn't really like at that time, I didn't understand Stone.
Speaker 2: In the days. I was like, what, I'm a Stone. I'm big in him.
Speaker 3: You're doing ask homage. I'm homage and Yonda is like, now you say what you say back? Well, he's explaining, like because he broke it down, like it's just me and him on the highway. There's no microphone, so he's comfortable, like it's like just me and him, and so you're here sooner, band Wick, my dude, we're on the.
Speaker 2: Side, and he's like, nah, because you know, I'm still sound effect. Man, he just took me to the sound.
Speaker 3: He like, he like without saying that, he's like, yo, I'm still outside. So you know when y'all shot me out, y'all kind of like put me in a position.
Speaker 2: So I said, you know what, I absolutely won man assent did not know that. And then I had a person that was with me named bodyguard, Oh bodyguard, nobody God. Bodyguard was means home mean back in the bodyguard.
Speaker 3: Jumps out and premous like he says his real name. I don't want to say his real name, but he goes you.
Speaker 2: He's like you're supposed to know, and then body like you know, no, you know what, He'll never shout shut you out again, you know, and then like yo, it's all up, It's all up.
Speaker 3: And then a certain song came out after that, which I don't want to speak about, but.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, right right, you know what I mean, thank you. I know that he wanted let's try to wanted everybody from the borrow.
Speaker 3: Like your watch because and I gotta say, as a kid, I don't want to say I felt threatened, but I felt you knew better but I felt like I knew better afterwards, like afterwards because he did not, you know what I mean, a special request. That was my special when you do that and that it but that was respectful, you know what I'm saying. And I give another story about the Pots.
Speaker 1: Well, I met some niggas from the group ho on right when I went to the group home in Brooklyn. I was in Pis twelve or sixth Avenue and Ship. I met exactly, yes, sir, yes, sir. So I was.
Speaker 2: So I met some niggas from Baisley and Ship.
Speaker 1: My man Corey and my man Black Black was Black Black was actually I think Prince's uh little brother something like that. His name his real name was Rob and she's all right, so I don't know who he was, but he was definitely down with them and Ship. And they used to tell me stories of Kat and Pream and and and then with Eric being them and Ship when I when I was doing the elet rhythm hit him joint. You know, they had their basketball squad and so they had played Baisley and so me and Fatal was out there, Rock.
Speaker 2: Kim was playing.
Speaker 1: No, it was it was it was painting full against Supreme team, and I was out that's tough out there in Baisily and Ship I was out there and Ship Rock Kim was playing the whole ship.
Speaker 2: And that's the ship that I love. That's the ship that I love.
Speaker 1: Where niggas just standing out there, it's like, yo, that's him, he's in the hood. Ship is all love and it's like we we we were going at it like whatever it is. If niggas doing pull ups, niggas doing that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I get you two more stories much as bosh.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all know. I don't know if anybody know. I went to church in Baisley. That's where I went to church. I was baptized in East New York. I was baptized ship right there that church fast. So my church that I used to go through is in Baisley. So one year, I swear to God, I've never said this story before in my life.
Speaker 23: Drink chance, exclusive, exclusive, exclusive, exclusive and rich for.
Speaker 3: What y'all don't understand is and I don't know if this correlates. I don't know if your father might call and say no noways bugging. But Griselda Blanc girl came to Queen. We got that connected. And when she came to Queens, Queen's niggas did not go uptown again.
Speaker 2: Queen's niggas stayed in Queens.
Speaker 3: Because she was from She was from Jackson Heights and she was selling pots.
Speaker 2: Oh this is this is documented like eighty second Street, right, some ship like that. Seventy four son is our friend right now today frame random niggas.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, I was on the young nigga, so I looked at this wrong. They had all the coke in New York's. I'm just being honest. I'm sorry, I'm talking.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's lost pro And this is the first time if you look at paid in for? What did I say in paid for?
Speaker 3: I say the nigga's a cute nig He was riding popping release. You know where I saw that at in forty projects M M forty pays rich and Paul. I was like eleven years.
Speaker 2: Old and I seen Richmond Poe coming to see UF bops. Wow.
Speaker 3: I apologize that crazy because because they had nothing uptown. Yeah, we had it all in Queen. This is when Gazelda Blanco came. I didn't know that that correlated til later I watched Cocaine Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, myel I mean all that this ship makes sense, Yes, everything, Kendall Man. Yes, after Cocaine. That's the first time.
Speaker 3: So when you see me describing paid and for and I say the rich nigga, the nigga is popping release, that was actually in forty projects. It might have been in Baisley. It could have been both, because I was with my uncle wives. My uncle wives was Preeme little Home Uncle watch from left Brack.
Speaker 2: Uncle was Prince Brothers name is was crazy right. So that's how I knew.
Speaker 3: Your whole fare That's that's That's one story. I got another one. Damn you can tell me of camera one.
Speaker 2: I got one more. I forgot what the But.
Speaker 3: That was the first time I realized what Queens was like, because was the biggest drug dealers and they came to Queens and they had fun Like primer niggas showed them. It was like, yoka ahead, go go pop your willies whatever. In forty and basically what I mean it.
Speaker 2: Was about niggas being fly.
Speaker 1: You hear the stories about cat having the having the whip and being like yo, you know what, like Yo, you look better than that ship. Yo.
Speaker 2: Take that ship like we were so all about her.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing that I tapped into, Like I love that part of it, like niggas getting fresh. Like I love that scene of them brothers and crystals on the stage with mel melling them and they pop and they got the bottle.
Speaker 2: You saw that that scene, man, I felt like, hed it.
Speaker 1: I love that scene. No, I want to relive that scene scene with l L and and and and Curtis blowing them, bigging them up. They're like, yo, now these boys is these boys and birthday Prince Birthday, Prince birthday Mart Okay, So that scene, man, I got this. I got this music in my mind that I will put to that scene. And I swear it's the most euphoric, light like hip hop ship right there, them with that money and them bottles and all that he had to shine my ship cuts.
Speaker 2: I never been more proud to be from Queens. Man. Oh sorry, When you look at that it plays and you.
Speaker 3: Realize that LJ is in the couting crowd as a lot of holie that as a little home, I gotta get him sitting there and l Story was saying, I'm here with Supreme team, Like I couldn't get in here unless I was with the Supreme Team.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't get on stage because I wasn't that day, right, He stayed in his lane. And that's why I want to swing it back. I want to swing it back to the every being rock Ship. Yes, please.
Speaker 1: Exactly if I like, Yo, all right, I got good beats, but I'm gonna stay in my lane and not you know what I mean, because that's what he was like, Yo, I'm gonna stay in my lane, and so you know, that's that's what I you know, I know knowing no one is half the battle ship. Yeah, I mean world up like rock.
Speaker 2: Can we say worried up Queen's history? Man, that's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 1: Though, No, No, that were still paved the lane, were still paved the lane, you know, through the hardships and the bullship and all that, Anna Queen Queen.
Speaker 2: If we gotta jump to our live, it's okay right now.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: A certain confidence, now, yo, don't. And I'm born and I'm.
Speaker 1: Born in hall them, and I honestly say, no queens a lot queens.
Speaker 2: Queens is the.
Speaker 1: Borough like and I'm born in hall Them and and I have so much Hallom schools, all all that fhip, all that all that instinct that I got with them records. That's hall Them ship. Like that ain't Queens ship, that's home ship. By the way, this is not a metat.
Speaker 2: This is a New York man at New York cuban. That's crazy. He used to work at the bookstore.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: He used to work at the book book still used to work at. I wanted to Queen. I worked at the Q Books and me and.
Speaker 21: YA seen they actually bought in que Books after and we couldn't with bookstore. Business is hard business, so we couldn't keep it open. But I do sell books on my website, Quality Club. But you had your own bookstore. I at that time I didn't before when we Blackstar money, our advanced money for Blackstar, we bought the bookstore because the bookstore.
Speaker 2: Is going to go Wow. That's so now I still have if you go on Quality club dot com. That boy the start together. We want to from the start man.
Speaker 1: And I got so inspired when he reached out to me because I saw it. Take no young rose out there. Man, just so yo, if you you know, just just reach out you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He reached out man, and I'm madly yo, man, you crazy, yeah, yeah, shout.
Speaker 21: Out to mad mad mister, because madd I got the Liberation T shirt right camera.
Speaker 2: Is that the project right here? Liberation got stoyles P. That's that ship with you on the launch stick. Yeah, man, Me and stops Peak.
Speaker 1: Got an album, Joe Dog album is so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: That record of that she was talking about, ain't on it.
Speaker 33: No, no, no, no, it's what you win, Jada know that's that's the Hot Tech Joint New York, New York. Brother stott P zero point five. Ko is who I brought on the show.
Speaker 2: Stotles P. Jada kiss. She exactly used by Marcael Polo exactly let him recollect.
Speaker 1: Shot you.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I was.
Speaker 1: I was enlightened by the God bought him, the most peaceful god. You know what I'm saying. He was peaceful man. It wasn't all that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Man bought him. Was peaceful man. No, no, no, I balk him from Flushing.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He was black and Chinese. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Their last name was Chin, and he was the most peaceful god like you know what I mean. And I admired him and that's what made me get into the five percent nation. And he told me, Yo, you're gonna be prince infinite love of law. And so that's all my benevolence in this industry. That's where that roots from. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Always was always piece.
Speaker 1: To the gods and earth because we on the whole other level with it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No one understand ourselves and what we're supposed to do, So let's do it.
Speaker 2: I want to add on with the with the with the bookstore ship because.
Speaker 21: Like I'm selling the T shirts right now. But the bookstore ship was not a good business move.
Speaker 2: Wow. I lost a lot of money with diarys all that.
Speaker 21: They almost tried to trust me in jail for that type of ship because the money that and Bert Podell told me he was my accounting back then.
Speaker 12: I got the poetry book that he take the poetry book that every year first.
Speaker 2: To Rush I want. I worked with Rush with all p M. That's that's how I was. He a decent person to deal with. Burt was cool. Burt was cool. He was an accountant but he's a legendary account.
Speaker 1: With burn.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You might have got or somebody else signed. You might have gave other people bird call you on your birthday.
Speaker 1: Exactly, or you get or you get a little close into the office.
Speaker 2: But he told me to always go up to money.
Speaker 21: From the from that from that bond, he was like, and I was like, we have to save the bookstore, like I can't.
Speaker 2: And I lost money on that ship, but it was worth it. Wow. You know what I'm saying. Money is not everything for the album he was in that same building. Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: That's why when the rock when you see the very being rock kiming.
Speaker 2: What's the famous line Bigge said, I want to stop myself with Christer Burdell castas Cash Burdell know no, jay Z said they want to jay.
Speaker 3: Z said, jay Z said they want to stop myselfs and stop tripped to John Mcnow that's my account.
Speaker 2: What's Biggie said? I like Stash Cash casting Burberdell. I like poetry book, he signed it.
Speaker 1: I got it. I like I like what Jay said something. Who's gonna stop him?
Speaker 2: Now? Rudy Giuliani not Helly. We ride him.
Speaker 1: Who goes that nigga making paper boy, who goes stop him? Now, Rudy Giuliani. Hello, we ritt him.
Speaker 6: I was like, and then he can't pay Hillary ride him. And then he came and then Hillary ride him. I want to get.
Speaker 2: Let's not do that actually happened.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. They didn't shop them like that, boy. You know what I'm saying, So big up, man, All my brothers out there, all the brothers out there were good man, were good man. All the brothers out there getting they bread, got their.
Speaker 2: Bread, all that ship. Man. I love.
Speaker 1: I love to see that you rose up how you did, man, because I know your beginnings, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I love to see how you rose up.
Speaker 1: How you wanted them fireworks at skyrocketed and went your way your Yeah, you know what I mean, yo, Because Cheeks, I told you, man Cheeks, I know him from break dancing days.
Speaker 2: So he's some boards, your call boards with linoleum.
Speaker 1: And then we was we was luxury dudes, so we knew you know, we had crafted. So we do the sheet of linoleum over it. She getting more spins out of wait like that? Yeah that wait what he said, wait.
Speaker 2: What, I had my Felix suit on them. Yo.
Speaker 1: You remember Seaney said that she was like doing my felixe and my doing my.
Speaker 3: Feeling Felix sulet my Felix suit made me spend them a little bit.
Speaker 2: More exactly because that ship was that viny that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna search your genie to this day because for the same reasons.
Speaker 1: Oh that serves you.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. But I got Sergio on We love it, man, We love it man.
Speaker 1: You remember Central's on the Ave Centrals, Oh Centrals on Jamaica Ave.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was the spot where you get the Felix suits and car the cars. It was the early af though, like right there by Paulsons and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, essential, I love He's not.
Speaker 1: You the o g from.
Speaker 2: On the comments. They're gonna be chomping on the comments.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna love that because you know it's so you know, it's in the corner of our minds and ship like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is what is better? Beef patty or chicken patty? I mean, you know I don't eat beef. I don't eat beef in neither hands. Okay, so let me let me phrase the question chicken Batty or seafood Paddy. I mean, you know patty, but I like seafood, Okay, you do like I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, because this is fire and Jamaica get a bean and panada was on the Collie block, on the in the Collie block.
Speaker 1: To make chicken sandwiches, bananas, touper that Jernk chicken sandwiches, bananas, the.
Speaker 2: Carry carry fire they.
Speaker 1: Chicken sandwich in the cocoa bread carry that you went to and got that? Oh no no, no, no no, I'm talking about Jamaican flavors. The badly got the new one.
Speaker 2: They got the tell.
Speaker 23: This is what that's they got the curry, they got the curry, Jernk chicken. It's how the beef, patty, plants, mac and cheese and coco bread.
Speaker 2: Yo. They on fire right now, you got yallow. I'm ready to fly out. And it's mad light.
Speaker 1: It's mad like I went in there one time because you know letting that is right around the corner from that spot, so we know smoking beasts coming up. So I guess God is over that little so boom they yo.
Speaker 2: They went viral. It was crazy, yo.
Speaker 1: The line being around the corner it's right there, Hollis right there by the stop.
Speaker 2: Oh soon, I was talking about Colice and Black.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy, So it's you know, there's I'll be always so and to see the rise of them, like it's crazy and it's But when I went in there one time when the line wasn't crazy, I tried one, and it's mad light because you you think, like your beef patty with macaroni and motherfucking box tails and cocoa bread, and you're like, damn, that's a thousand calories, like no cavalie counting to I know you are so. And but then when I tried on, I was like, yo, I'm going there and fuck that. I got supporting, you know, because I went in there earlier before they went viral. But then boom, I tried one and I was like, yo, this is surprisingly light, but it's I needed to do the.
Speaker 2: Actually I needed two of these. Actually now I'm you know, I'm My people's got me a great places, man. I know the highs of life right now. So I'm you know, luxury shipped.
Speaker 1: I cannot get you know what I mean, even with good luxury ship I cannot identify.
Speaker 3: But hold on listen, I don't talking too much. No, no, no, no, you know you're talking great, mom.
Speaker 2: But you know what I want.
Speaker 3: I would like everyone to say something about large prop before we get about it.
Speaker 2: You start first, man, like you said earlier, he ain't want to accept it, like like I've seen it walking.
Speaker 29: I've seen people walk and praise him, like coming to America.
Speaker 2: I said that, I feel like when you walk, I feel like people just throw flowers and yo, it's just you know what I mean.
Speaker 29: I call him my brother from another like oh, but like family and oh you know what I mean, his mom finish, let him finish.
Speaker 2: Y'all, legend y'all.
Speaker 1: Like you said what you said, I call iikon high in the that's an upright gentleman right there too. Always tell him to go look at the I always tell him to go bill with the politicians. That brother, that's an upright gentleman.
Speaker 2: In the words of my man Uncle Ralph mcdan, he called you and Uncle Chris. He knows Uncle Rizzo. I love aging the names dropping right now American historians.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, Uncle Ralph always hit me with that because I mean, you know, we we be all over the place. I see you too, y'all know I mean Italy all over the place.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Just let him feel America and I'm an end of your and I'm an end of it.
Speaker 29: Like I said earlier, my brother, you know what I'm saying from my mother that word brother, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a bloodline. But at the same time, he says, grandmother from harm My grandmother from Harvard. We grewd for life and God were.
Speaker 1: God's family, and that's what I'll be boring people to get into God's family.
Speaker 2: We were giving you your love right now. It was like, how you that you knew his Mike, you tell meboy to be.
Speaker 29: When you like you said hip hop in the dictionary and Queen's you see that man right there? Man and Queen, if you google it, you gotta listen to James Ing. This is the last one. He's a jazz musician, but in hip hop that's always love my Mama. That's always love my mama. Now I'm gonna your drunk, Paul. I always love my He's always.
Speaker 2: Bars absolutely absolutely correct.
Speaker 1: I always love.
Speaker 2: It's on me okay, so.
Speaker 23: Genuine yeah, very Karen, solid real definite. This number O G and just a solid human forget or take all the music thing away, take all the records and the spending and all the just a solid human, genuine.
Speaker 2: Very just a very solid human.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I tell it. Definitely you added on my stuff you already had, yeah, man, like he.
Speaker 21: Was like like like Extray was referring to recently. You know, I did the album mad Libit mad Libers, like, Yo, my favorite producer of all time is Large Professor. And I'm like, okay, I got Large Professor number on my phone. And you know, we all in this business. We all got each other's phone numbers. But you don't always use your bro's phone numbers because you don't want to bother them. You don't know when people got going on your life. But I knew he would take a call. I knew if I said mad Libers in the lab, he would pull up and I called Pete Rock.
Speaker 34: He didn't know Pete Rock's gonna be there, so didn't have to say mad Livers in the lab. But but I said that, said, yo, bro, it's me, you know, but I did that for mad Lib. I did that for mad mad Lib.
Speaker 21: W said that's his favorite, right, And and Jay Chappelle pulled up and y'all seen baby pulled up and we had a great time and he played.
Speaker 1: This man played just when we showed up for your video shoot, which this man.
Speaker 2: Everybody was there. It was a family, but.
Speaker 1: All that ship.
Speaker 2: This man played a hundred beats.
Speaker 1: He brought the machine and they recorded him on the slide like beat.
Speaker 2: Frederick. I got you that, baby, I got you now, I said record.
Speaker 21: I said, press record because I need to. I need to record all these beasts right And I said, what where? What are you doing with these beats? He was like, niggas don't want to rap on these beats. And I said, hold my beer. And the next time I seen you, how many songs I played you?
Speaker 2: He played me six joints, six joints. Orders I was playing. I was gonna say nine.
Speaker 1: Listen. I bought the drum machine because I'm still like Himmer and Chiswell type guy ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm not like that. He had a bag of records with him exactly. So this is the thing, exactly, this is this is all memes. God so yo, So I'm in there playing beasts, Paul me spitting yo on on the motherfucking drue machine.
Speaker 2: They recording the ship the whole time. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: But damn boom, y'all see you come in like he always do, like he always do. Like when I was working with Cellar Dwellers, I had like a little skeleton running. Yeah, with Sellar Dwellers, I had, I had a skeleton running. It was just enough for us to get loose, you know what I mean. You know how that is.
Speaker 2: You just got a little.
Speaker 1: Something and this' but it's enough for you to get to write some ship, you know what I mean. So I had a skeleton running. Nigga, y'all seen you come in and she like, yo, turn the keyboard up. They saw playing a base, not the ship.
Speaker 2: Eureka like this. Nigga's a genius man like I, and this is the first thing. So he did the same type of ship in that session. He just came in.
Speaker 1: He was like, Yo, I'm golden and the mic blah blah blah. So we on chilling and ship like that, Mad Live everything, Mad Live beat me in the head like Yo, we're gonna get up small and ship. Then that Nigga went back into the midst of the fall. He just he went back into the midst of the fog and ship. You know, he's listening. But then what we got out of that was, y'all seen you know what I mean, y'all seen lady some ship. Now. Then like a couple of days later, they got a show. This nigga let that ship blow on stage, right there, did ship?
Speaker 21: He just recorded the Black Show. Yeah, I'm like, this is what I remember. And for a we actually on tour. We actually at a New York City. We have Blue Note next week, them brother blue.
Speaker 2: Sony hole next week.
Speaker 1: Right, how we appreciate them brothers? Yo yo acting du yo. When that ship comes home?
Speaker 21: My god, But this man had recording the beats because imagine me, imagine fourteen year old me what I just told y'all last professor, And now I got the opportunity of retort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had I had.
Speaker 29: To what.
Speaker 3: Lot because you know it's the whole time. I understand that you're very can't give us some more, bro, please please give.
Speaker 2: Some of us, But no, no, no no, But you're a very humble guy. That is a spate, but it's you're a very humble guy. But what I want you to know is.
Speaker 3: You're warranted to accept these flowers. You're warranted and I could get I could get it.
Speaker 2: I understand, Like you know, I might be.
Speaker 1: On that Italian ship. You know my real name is paul Y'll be put enough about me, feels enough about me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, let's get into that. You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like that?
Speaker 2: You know what, man, that's what It's not enough about you, right all of all about it's all about you. My family appreciates you right now. My family will appreciate you. Man, she appreciate you every day.
Speaker 1: Man, So I'm so pretty.
Speaker 15: Ship Josh who Miami exactly like, yeah, you can't hurt you all here make your.
Speaker 2: What you understand said? They show you how or you are yo. Now what she's done about what you want?
Speaker 15: Get done out on turkey burgers a right, Let me finished, Let me be finished, because you are like you are alright, you're doing four singing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all sister, and we all do so at.
Speaker 15: Here bout in the world, in the world like any world and like light because absolutely and you know what's crazy, but we like we go crazy about this.
Speaker 2: How humble you are, she's not because you fine, you get drunk.
Speaker 1: You're not like too much.
Speaker 24: You don't like too like yeah, because you know how last one they know you gotta show it. I think it was like, yeah, good, you don't want to that's ship you know it. I know it like oh like no, no, no, I know exacts it's doing so I do that.
Speaker 1: I do that, you know what?
Speaker 2: He absolutely does that. I don't want to set up laws. I don't mind. I think they're good. Day we because it's got you for we still have Yes, I think I want to know, but no, I don't love the record. I was just no, don't they know they know? Stop talking? Second?
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't you know it's.
Speaker 2: Having a spect second listen true, last professor, it's about you today and today we sat you. I love you. We don't want to craze. We gotta gonna get over. How many times to try to I'm not what you what? Dogs bill pull metal child and.
Speaker 1: Hell's passive time to shop?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sho, I don't know you? Yes what that's who he shouted out to that we should.
Speaker 1: Say you like yeah, no.
Speaker 2: Up front? You know do you know guy right here? Man tell me who this is? Move right there? Mans?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: No wife because he used to play roll and I know it's a fact. I was like yo when he's like yo. Drink Chance is a Drink Champs LLC production and association with Interval Presents, hosts and executive producers n o r E and dj e FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg. Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 9: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e fn on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com