Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Wednesday, Dan and the dan Ets Dan Patrick Show. That means the King of Content, the Minister of Humor, Fritzi Seaton, Marv Pauli, yours truly, the backroom guys as well. Got a garage sale going on. It's Danpatrick dot com clearing out inventory for the spring. Everything must go and you can go to Danpatrick dot com to get some great deals. The first Hour brought to you by Express Employment Professionals. Speed up your hiring process, reduce the time to hire, cut costs, and you can find the right talent for contract and full time roles. Visit expresspros dot Com today transform your hiring process. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. I An Eagle was on the call for the Golden State Warriors win against the Knicks last night at the Garden. He will join us a little later on. We'll talk to the future Hall of Famer Justin Erlander, now pitching for the San Francisco Giants. Three times Cy Young Winner. A few things to talk to him about certainly with the robo umpires, the balls and strikes being called in spring training, and also longevity three hundred wins possibly in his career. I think he turns forty something on Thursday. I think his birthday is tomorrow. But we'll talk to Justin Erlander coming up next hour eight seven seven three DP Show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls this morning, Seeton'll have a poll question. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock and listening on our radio affiliates around the country as well. Let me start with Lebron going over fifty thousand career points. We knew it was going to happen. He was at forty nine thou nine hundred and ninety nine. Wasn't a lot of drama there other than how was he going to get it? Was it going to be a dunk, a layup, a free throw or three point shot, which is what it was. And you start to look look at these numbers and I don't want to dive into the mike versus Lebron. I don't, we won't, but he is going to be statistically the most decorated player in the history of the sport, and it's not even going to be close. Fifty thousand points regular season, postseason combined, and he's still one of the top ten players in the game. Truly remarkable. And I started to wonder because last year I remember there were reports, speculation it's starting to slow down a little bit. I feel like the Luca trade revitalized him. I think he gets into this. Hey, that guy might be a future Hall of Famer. He might be one of the top five players in the game. I want to prove to him on a nightly basis, I can be great as well I can continue to be great. And I'm not saying they're competing with each other, it's complimenting each other. And Lebron is so bright at being able to to find what do I need to do to make you better? Because he came into the sport that way. He was a pass first guy. I'm ever afraid to take the shot. He won't take the big shot. Well, if you saw him in high school, the biggest guy on the floor was the best passer and he loved to pass. And even in the NBA, I think you know you look at when he played against Sacramentum when he first started out, makes a great pass to start his career because that's what he thought, That's that's what you need to do. I think he was more magic than Michael, even though everybody wanted to emulate Michael. But I see Lebron Moore as magic than I do Michael. And he continues to do it, and last night, you know, they win again. Now granted they're beating the Pelicans, it goes back to defense for me. I'm not worried about the offense because of Luca and Lebron and Austin Reeves and maybe you know, Dalton connect will be able to be a little bit more of a score, you know, come postseason time. I'm worried about defense.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: They let Zion Williamson have his way in the paint, and that's something that the Lakers have been really good at preventing points in the paint. They're letting you shoot the three. They want to make sure that you don't take advantage of them inside because they're undersized in the paint. But Zion Williamson has played really well since January. Now, I know you're going to go, well, that's not exactly a large sample size, and you're right, but he has played really well, and more importantly not missing games. This is going to be a you know, this off season is going to be tricky. I think for the Pelicans, like, what are you doing with your franchise? What do you want to do with your franchise? Can you luck into Cooper Flag and change your franchise? Is Zion your franchise? No, brandon Ingram wasn't their franchise. So you're trying to figure that out. But I'm watching and I'm going Zion is doing whatever he wants to do, and he's undersize, but he's so powerful inside, and the Lakers didn't have an answer, but Pelicans didn't have an answer for Luca and Lebron. So Lebron is the first of fifty thousand career points. We tend to look at numbers and we go, nobody will ever break that. Well, I remember when Gretzky set the all time goalscoring record and we all said, nobody's going to top that, And here we are. Alex Ovechkin is going to top that.
Speaker 3: EMMITTT.
Speaker 2: Smith all time rushing record, nobody's going to top that eighteen thousand, almost nineteen thousand, just because running backs trying to stay around although maybe a resurgence on running backs getting more carries now with Saquon Barkley, who just got a two year contract extension.
Speaker 3: But you got to be healthy.
Speaker 2: Like Frank Gore was just there and ended up with what fifteen thousand, oh, by the way, fifteen thousand rushing yards, but you can't remember one of his runs. But he just sort of stayed healthy, stayed in the lineup, and he was on a variety of teams. Emmett's rushing record is not going to be broken. Lebron's scoring record, even though scoring is up, you still have to be great for over twenty years, and that's the tricky part. Can you stay healthy? Can you stay great for twenty years? And Lebron has done that, and then so Jerry Rice two hundred touchdowns, the number of catches probably not going to be broken. Seaton, Do you have a list of unbreakable records or at least what we think is unbreakable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this list is current at least until I don't know about a year ago or so. Okay, right, you have you mentioned Emmitt, you know over eighteen rushing yards. The next closest is Derrick Henry and he's at about fifty percent of that. Wilt Chamberlain averaging fifty point four points per game in a single season. Yeah, nobody's really even close to that. The closest I could see here is James Harden at thirty six point one.
Speaker 2: You know what happening that when Will scored one hundred points and we just had the anniversary that was smart second that week, I think he played four games in five days, and I think he scored sixty or more points in four of the games and scored one hundred in the other game. I mean, imagine that week for Wilt Chamberlain. Okay, back to you see.
Speaker 4: Let's see Wayne Gretzky one nine hundred and sixty three career assists. The at least at the time of this, the active leader was Sidney Crosby and he had nine hundred and seventy two. That's that's not even close. That will never that will never, ever, ever ever be broken. Cy Young seven hundred and forty nine complete games. Nobody's touching that. Cal Ripken Junior two thousand and six hundred and thirty two consecutive games. Nobody's even People are still he had twenty six hundred and people are still at least two thousand short of that, so that one's pretty safe. Ricky Henderson career stolen bases, He's at fourteen oh six. Nobody is even remotely close to that. Elvis Andrews I have it well at the time of this list. Anyway, this has changed, but three hundred and fifty, that's not even close. Michael Phelps twenty eight Olympic medals, the active leader. There is eleven the next closest to him, so.
Speaker 3: Is that Katie Ledecki. Do we have heard total?
Speaker 4: Let's see I have, Yeah, maybe this needs to be updated. But and then there's another Olympian on here. But this for the World Gymnastics gold medals, Simone Biles has twenty three of those. The next closest is nine. Yeah, yeah, so that's you know, her dominance is a little not underappreciated, but it's massive.
Speaker 2: Is anybody going to approach Barry Bond's all time home run record? I mean it's still a home run hitting sport. I just wonder can you stay healthy enough to hit that many home runs? You know, five hundred is you know, that's the Hall of Fame mark. You get to five hundred and you know unless you've used steroids or caught using steroids, then you're going to go to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: Yeah, point, you need to hit fifty home runs for fourteen years to be in the neighborhood.
Speaker 6: Think about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah point, I was.
Speaker 5: Thinking about this because you've often said that Kareem abdul Jabbar is underrated. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, all this points records were his until Brown showed Kareem played four years of college basketball. Correct. Imagine if he had a couple more years of professional basketball. He scored his first couple of years in the Bigs about twenty four hundred points per season if he could have come in at age nineteen twenty twenty one. So it doesn't match up apples to apples with the career scoring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Kareem had come out of high school instead of going to UCLA, then you get that four year window that Lebron has, and he has that over just about everybody on the all time list because Mike stayed what three years at North Carolina. But yeah, just some of those records, I'm sure this audience will have other ones that are unbreakable.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 6: Joe DiMaggio fifty six game hitty streak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see that happening. I don't see anybody breaking that. You know, Pete got to forty four and that was a big deal. But you know the specialty of relievers now that you're going to face somebody, I mean, everybody's throwing a one hundred, and it's not like you're gonna have a tired pitcher that you're facing. You know, it's five innings and then all of a sudden you bring in the bullpen. But yeah, fifty six games, even getting on base in fifty six consecutive games, that's not going to be. We won't come close to that. I don't think like we get to thirty and now you get our attention. But you know, is somebody going to get to forty one. They're not contact hitters anymore. You know, back when Pete Rose was playing, you put the ball in play and you had Wade Bogs and Rod Carew you know some of these great artists here Now even each ye Row, as great as he was, as fast as he was, I don't know what his consecutive games streak was for hits.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, if you look at current you know, active players home run hitters, You can't even find somebody that you can put on pace to come close. Even I think John Carlos Stanton, he's at four to twenty nine, but if you look at his production rate, he's not even gonna come close to Bonds. And there isn't anybody that you can put anywhere in their career like a trajectory right now that comes close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're hitting seven hundred and sixty two home runs now, Hank Aaron had seven fifty five, Babe had seven fourteen. Pooholz, is there? What's seven oh three? Yeah, just not going to happen. By the way, Justin Verlander turned forty two last month. Is that right to just a couple of weeks ago? Okay, Right, here's Lebron James talking about fifty K.
Speaker 7: My first thing comes to my mind is like where I'm from, And you know, I was just picking up the game when I was a little kid and just having a love for the sport and was hoping that someday I'd be able to play.
Speaker 3: At the highest level.
Speaker 7: And I've been able to do that in and and really enjoy, you know, and really enjoy my career. So It's definitely honor. It's pretty cool. Should just see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. It's remarkable.
Speaker 2: I feel honored to be able to have chronicled his entire career and be there when he was in the NBA finals, be there when he won an NBA title, a couple of NBA titles. Was there for all of Michael's NBA titles, And you know, that's what you want to be part of history, You want to watch history, and I was able to do both. And Lebron is an incredible player. No matter what you say about Lebron, you got it. You have to almost put a period at the end of the sentence. You can't put a comma or a semi colon or whatever you might whatever grammar, because you know the next thing you're going to say is is he better than Michael? Could he be Michael? What's he needed to do to be better than Michael? This is one of those you know, he reminds us now when you get to a certain level, you know, like Jannis has to remind us sometimes how great he is. Even though he's great, he has to remind us. I think he had a triple double last night. A joker that you get to that level and you're like, okay, and Lebron is reminding us almost on a nightly basis. And the fact that they are now, they're in the mix. They are truly in the mix to be a championship contender. And as I said a couple of weeks ago, if they play defense, and sometimes that's a big If you stay healthy and you play defense, now you've got everybody's attention. It's like Golden State has changed because of Jimmy Butler and watching last night. Jimmy Butler might not have a great game, but he takes care of the ball, he shoots free throw like, he does things where you go, okay, I mean you really have to keep an eye on what he does because Steph is so charismatic, so dramatic, and you can't take your eyes off of it. Jimmy Butler, you do take your eyes off of him, but then all of a sudden you'll see stats and you go, oh, okay, and he plays defense. These are little things that will mean a whole lot in a couple of months.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 6: And the thing about Lebron is he's almost like Tiger Woods, where this was the expectation, like when we saw him as a high school junior, you were expected if he had Joe Johnson's career, we would consider him to be a bust. You know, crazy that sounds. You know, people would kill to have Joe Johnson's career. But he had to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest player ever for us to say, all right, you're worth the hype, Like he's the one guy that probably probably lived up to the hype more than any other player.
Speaker 2: Well, he put the spotlight on him on himself, but then Sports Illustrated put him on the cover as well, and then all of a sudden things changed, Like Bryce Harper when he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated at what fifteen? Now, you know, I think was it Tom berduccu who did a cover story on him? And who did the It was a Grant Wall who did the cover on Lebron that story. So now all of it's it's changed. Now all of a sudden, you're part of the sports world vernacular. Now everybody knows you. Now they're waiting for you. And what he did in Cleveland with those teams, just to get to the finals against the Spurs is to me a herculean effort. There's a there's a couple of teams like Iverson with the Sixers, like you just go, how did he get them to hear? And with Lebron and that team. Now, granted the Spurs were you know, that's an all time team, but just the fact that he got them there, that that to me is as impressive as any of his titles that he wont because he took that team to an NBA finals. Yeah, Pauli.
Speaker 5: And after Lebron, Sports Illustrated tried it again a few times. They'd put a high school kid and say is this next Lebron? Jabari Parker out of Chicago and others, and it became the measuring stick, like you said, all right, we'll take a break, We'll set a on a pole.
Speaker 2: Question, Saquan's got a new deal. I was surprised at the amount. I'm glad he got it, but I was surprised because the Eagles are negotiating against themselves. The Jets have released Devonte Adams. Will he follow Aaron Rodgers? Could he go back to Green Bay.
Speaker 3: The Raiders. We'll have that for you coming up after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 8: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 9: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 8: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 9: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 8: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific.
Speaker 9: And if you miss any of the live show. Just search Kovin on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: So Lebron gets thirty four. The Lakers have won seven in a row. They win it won thirty six to one fifteen. I'm looking back on that six oh seven Cabs roster that lost to the Spurs four to oh in the NBA Finals. Larry Hughes, Zidrunas Ilgaskis, Drew Gooden, Eric snow Donielle Marshall, Damon Jones, Iron Knewball, Scott Pollard, Sasha Pablovic, David Wesley, Anderson Verajao, Daniel Gibson, Lebron, James Miikes, do you think the Spurs giggled maybe at any point during the NBA Finals when they went out there and just looked around. You got Duncan Janobili Parker.
Speaker 6: You're like, yeah, smart, I think a lot of the NBA did the same thing, because that summer after the Cavs went to the finals, Danny Ames said, it's Lebron and a bunch of guys that went to the finals. Go give me Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Let's win.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 6: This is who won the East. I'm sure the entire NBA was like, man, let's put a team together.
Speaker 2: I had a couple of football items here. The Eagles paid Saquon Barkley had one more year on his deal, and he probably I'm not going to say he would have held out, but I think they had to make that a little better, a little fresher. I think he was only going to be paid seven million dollars, but they're negotiating against themselves. They gave him a two year deal over forty million dollars, and I'm surprised, and not that he's not worth it, and I want running backs to get paid, but I'm thinking, if I'm the Eagles, you just let Darius Slay go, who wanted to play one more year, so you could save four million dollars. You could have kept him, and maybe you pay Saquon eighteen million dollars a year, and still that's that's a great price for running backs. Now, he gave you arguably the greatest season for a running back in history, at least according to the Eagles. Howie Roseman, their GM says it might be the bet. Now he didn't have a great Super Bowl, but He was certainly instrumental in getting you there in two thousand yards and I'm glad he got paid. I was just surprised that they It feels like they overpaid DeVante Adams.
Speaker 3: Let go by the Jets. Now where does he go?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: He had a run.
Speaker 2: Paul'll have the numbers here, But he had a window of about five six years, five years where he was he was one of the best two or three best wide receivers in the game. Does he go back to Green Bay? Could he help a young quarterback, young wide receiving room?
Speaker 3: Where else?
Speaker 2: Does he see where Aaron Rodgers is going to go and want to follow him? But DeVante Adams first Team All Pro four times in his career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had a run twenty eighteen to twenty twenty three, a six year run, four with the Packers, two with the Vegas He averaged one hundred and five catches per year in that six year run. He also led the league in touchdowns three different times, six Pro Bowls for first team All pros.
Speaker 3: Hall of Famer right now, right now? But it could cool?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 3: Could he?
Speaker 5: Could he be locked out of the Hall of Fame? What happens the next two years? I think he's put in too much good work. He's at nine hundred and fifty seven career catches. You get a thousand, there's your ticket. Used to be yeah, yes, used to be. Four Pro Bowls in a row is pretty special. All I'm sorry, four all Pros in a row?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, mar it Yeah.
Speaker 6: But if he retired now, yes, but he can't play another four years and just be pedestrian, because they'll say, what happened the rest of the time you were healthy? Then, like you can't have a stretch of four great years and then the rest of it would be just all right.
Speaker 2: And he's expensive, I guess. And how old is he is? He thirty four? He's thirty two, thirty two? Okay, Maybe goes back to Green Bay. You know, maybe you get an opportunity. You know, you started your career there. I wouldn't go to New Orleans with his former college teammate Derek Carr. We already did that with the Raiders. But if Rogers goes to the Giants, I don't know if they'd be interested in Devonte Adams. By the way, I was looking at the numbers here because you know, I don't know if the Titans are gonna end up taking, you know, somebody at number one. That feels like they're trying to trade out of that. And the odds, according to DraftKings, the odds to pick number one overall in the draft have changed remarkably dramatically. The Titans are tied with one team best odds to have the number one pick in the.
Speaker 3: Draft, Paul the New York Giants.
Speaker 2: Yep, Giants need a quarterback and they would go up and get cam Ward.
Speaker 3: It feels like that.
Speaker 2: But the odds to pick number one overall Titans and the Giants minus one oh five. Then it's the Browns at plus five point fifty, then the Jets at fourteen hundred. Two days ago, the Titans were big favorites to take whoever at number one overall, followed by the Giants, then the Raiders, Jets, and Browns. So it's changed in the last two days. But this is where you start to get some real information, or at least you try to sort through this. You try to navigate through because if I'm a GM, an owner, a coach, why would I tell you anything? Now, Sometimes you'll get somebody who will tell somebody, and it might be a friend and it might be, hey, what are you guys doing with the second pick? All right, but don't tell anybody. Well, in this business, that just means you're going to tell somebody, But then you tell them, don't tell somebody, and then all of a sudden somebody says, you know, I heard, and now all of a sudden, you know it becomes fact. But I think the Giants want to move up. And if I'm that coaching staff, do I want Aaron Rodgers for a year? No?
Speaker 3: Do I want a quarterback for the next few years? Yes?
Speaker 2: If that quarterback is the right guy, if you think cam Ward is truly all of that in a bag of chips, then you take him. You go get him because you need him. And that coaching staff might buy some time. If you, hey, we want to develop a young qu quarterback, but you're going to bring in Rogers. I wouldn't do that. He's expensive. And Plus, when you have coaching staffs that coach, they're coaching two seasons. If you'll follow me on this, if you've been there two or three years and you're kind of on the bubble of keeping your job, then those first eight games may decide if you get the next nine games that you're really you have eight games to prove yourself or you're going to get fired. And that might be happening in New York. That could be happening with Arizona. There's probably three or four teams where those coaches know we have to make something happen in the first half of the season. So the Giants are you might have that in Cleveland with Kevin Stefanski, the Browns head coach. He might have eight games to keep his job. And I think we usually look at the totality of a seventeen game schedule. Some of these franchises, they will pull the trigger here and the Giants and Brian Dable, he probably is looking at can I get past eight games? Can we go five and three? Can we go four and four? We can't go three and five, definitely not two and six. I'm a surprised they brought him back. If you're going to go after a young quarterback, I mean, that's still a coveted job. It's the New York Football Giants, and he did start out great, but all of a sudden you look around and say goodbye to Saquon Barkley, and the way they did say goodbye and then Daniel Jones is now with Minnesota. Like, you know, you can have owners or coaches, gms who can do stupid things, but when you do stupid things when.
Speaker 3: It's on TV, that's even dumber.
Speaker 2: And that's why nobody wants to do hard knocks because the Giants were going just Saquon bar Pleague, Hey, if you want to go out there and test the market, hey, but just make sure you come back to us.
Speaker 3: Oh it was terrible.
Speaker 2: I cringed when I was watching that, like, oh my god, gonna say to my girlfriend, Hey, you want to go out and test the market, but you let me know you got to come back.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, see you.
Speaker 4: Nobody's gonna offer him. Trust me, Okay, we got this.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine though the conversation that they probably Joe Shane, Brian Dable ownership the mayors. Hey, you seem pretty confident that Saquon's not going anywhere. Yeah, trust me, I got this. He's coming back. Nobody's going to offer him anything. Uh what the Eagles offered?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: And then you don't match that, and he has one of the greatest sea if if he becomes a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: That's what's going to be brought up. That video he played over and over and over.
Speaker 2: You know, if he gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, because that changed his career, it changed his life. He would have been with the Giants and he would have been one of those guys that man, he had a lot of talent. He just didn't play on a good team. It'd be almost like, you know, Christian McCaffrey when he was in Carolina. Where you go, man, that guy's talented. They're not going anywhere. Sa Gwin Barkley got to get out of jail. Card and man Or man may take him all the way to Campton. Yes, marv.
Speaker 6: If Saquon finished his career at Philadelphia and they have that big tribute video, it's going to say the date in the year, and it's going to go right to that hard Knots video of the Giants owner goes if Saquon goes to Philadelphia, I'll never be able to sleep, and then shows just his highlight film the rest of his career in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: According to DraftKings, the Packers have the best odds to be DeVante adams next team. The next team on the list. Hmm, okay, you know probably all of the would surprise you. The second favorite to the Land Devonte Adams Marvin.
Speaker 6: The Bills.
Speaker 5: No, Paul, I'm picking this one because I think it's the one he should go to. The Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Nope, Todd the Rams.
Speaker 2: The Rams are on the list, but they've got three other teams in front of them. Seaton, you got to pick Devonte Adams next team, the.
Speaker 4: New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: The Patriots are on there, but it goes as follows the Chargers, followed by the Niners, then the Rams, the Steelers, Broncos, and Patriots are tied.
Speaker 4: Forty nine ers. Is tasty. That could be a fun look for him.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're getting rid of the debo in Brandon Nyuk, I understand that if you're the Rams, you're getting rid of Cooper Cup. The Steelers could certainly use him, and the Chargers see that.
Speaker 3: I don't do you want to.
Speaker 2: Play in an offense that really wants to run the football. They downplay the like the Rams would be my team if I'm doant day Adams in that group or the Green Bay Packers. A couple of phone calls in here, Doug in North Carolina is back. Good morning, Doug. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: Then I have a and Against the Grain for you guys. But first, can I give you a quick movie recommendation? Yeah, have you seen September five?
Speaker 2: Fritzi has And every time I've tried to watch it, I know I kind of have to get in the mood to watch something like that because it's a heavy movie. But Todd raved about it thought it was great.
Speaker 10: Oh so did I, so did I. It's just seeing Jim McKay was wonderful again and it was really well done. I think you would enjoy it. But Against the Grain is also related to the movies because of this show. The other day, at the age of fifty two, I sat down and watched Twosiers, and I have to tell you it doesn't hold up. It just it feels kind of cheesy, like a nineteen eighties movie. And because you've seen it when it came out, I'm sure it was great. But we've seen it done since and we've seen it done better with Remember the Titans and Miracles. And I have to tell you, I don't know if Marvin has watched it yet, but I didn't think it was all that great. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't expect a hot take early this morning. Now, Marvin, You're never gonna watch Hoosiers.
Speaker 6: No, I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should.
Speaker 6: Got homework. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: You should. It's a homework assignment.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: Just watch it for the tribute to Gene Hackman, you know. Yeah, Norman Dale's pretty good in that movie.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna watch that. Then I'm gonna watch Enemy of the State for the eighty ninth time.
Speaker 2: I just watched Runaway Jury for the first time. That's a movie that's over twenty years old.
Speaker 5: Love that movie.
Speaker 3: I'm going I never saw this.
Speaker 2: I don't think it feels like every John Grisham movie is sort of the same.
Speaker 3: But I had a good cast in it.
Speaker 2: Uh, John Cusacks in it, Rachel Weiss, Jennifer Beal has a cheese in the Jury.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Jennifer Bial's yeah, looking good.
Speaker 6: I'd love to be sequestered with her.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marvin, I.
Speaker 6: Got another movie hot take.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 6: John Chusac is in the best baseball movie ever, Eight Man Out.
Speaker 3: It's the best baseball movie ever.
Speaker 6: It's the best baseball movie ever.
Speaker 4: That is a great movie ever.
Speaker 2: No no ever no no verb, no ver, no ver no no.
Speaker 4: They kind of get a little bit of the uh, come on now the man. Yeah, so you're saying they fixed the game for a little extra scratch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, eight man l Kamiski's the Chiefs game.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Good, not great, No good, not great.
Speaker 2: It's like comparing Goodfellas to Godfather that you compare Eight Men Out to Bull Durham.
Speaker 4: Okay, and who's who in which scenario? Trying to figure out which one is the slight.
Speaker 2: The slight would be that you're you know, the Godfather is better than Goodfellas and Bull Durham is better than Eight Men Out? Yeah, right, does anybody think Goodfellows is better than The Godfather?
Speaker 4: I don't know that. It's you know, it's not like we're saying, like, you know, uh, like the Godfather and Weekend at Bernie's two true, you know what I mean. I mean, they're they're pretty close.
Speaker 3: And you know, Bull Durham is better than Eight Men Out.
Speaker 6: What you're saying, they're both great movies, because when you just compared The Godfather Godfather to Goodfellas, you just named both great movies.
Speaker 2: Goodfellows is a really good movie. Godfather one of the greats of all time. I mean, Bull Durham isn't a great, great movie, but it's a better movie than Eight Men Out Field of Dreams. You don't love Field of Dreams more than Eight Men Out.
Speaker 6: Not more than eight Man Out. I love Field of Dreams, yeah, but not more than eight Man Out. Maybe because of the story and maybe because of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I mean I will say that I think The Natural should be in here somewhere, because I think The Natural is a great movie.
Speaker 6: If you said the Natural, I'm with you there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I like Bull Durham, but I'm not gonna put Bullderm is like the Godfather of baseball movie.
Speaker 4: First of all, Bull Dourham is not a baseball movie. It's a movie about relationships.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It's about love. Yeah, it's really a love story.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It is a love doesn't even.
Speaker 2: Belong to love love story. Well, hoos, yours is about relationships too. All right, let me take a break, just getting started on the program. Can't get sidetracked, camp, Come on, keep your focus, do keep your focus.
Speaker 3: Play the day up.
Speaker 1: Next, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp Oh my God, the play of the day. Play is the play of the day.
Speaker 3: Check this out twenty two season's forty years.
Speaker 12: As fifty thousand and two points, crowd of Steel, Buzzy back to Lebron made a rooting three pooter is to go over to fifty thousand market courtesy of Spectrum Sportsnet.
Speaker 3: That's your play of the day.
Speaker 2: So Lebron is just over fifty thousand career points regular season postseason. The next closest active player is Kevin Durant, and he is a little less than five thousand points behind. Probably won't be some playoff basketball for Kevin Durant in the Phoenix sense. Although they got the win, they swept the season series against the Clippers. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC at Mako. They bring your car back to life. Affordable paint chumps like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako. In the book In the Natural The Natural, Roy Hobb strikes out at the end, but in the movie he doesn't. We have to have a happy ending, don't we? We have to have that Hollywood ending there. Sometimes you kind of like a movie that I don't know doesn't always end with rainbows and unicorns, Marvin like Eight Men Out, It wasn't a good ending for them.
Speaker 4: Yes, s it does happen sometimes where they'll be like this crazy like I don't know, Norwegian horror movie or something, and you're like, the end of it is just awful. It's terrible. You're like, wow, I can't believe everybody died in such a horrible way. And then someone will remake it in the United States and you watch it and you're like, oh, wait a minute, They'll that's.
Speaker 6: Not how it.
Speaker 3: Everything's good, everything is good.
Speaker 4: How did that guy he got out of the being buried alive?
Speaker 3: And then somehow did Wow?
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I went to see a movie and I think Kelly McGillis was in it, and she was in Top Gun with Tom Cruise the original.
Speaker 3: She was in Witness with who is Harrison Ford? So the movie is called Ruben Ruben.
Speaker 2: I didn't know anything about it, and I went to see the movie in an afternoon in Atlanta when I was working at Cienna. So I go in there, I'm watching the movie. You know, there's like nine people in there. All of a sudden, I'm going, all right, watching, watching, all right, you know, And next thing I know, the teacher I think Tom Conti might have been his name. He's got a noose around his neck and he's got a chair underneath him and he's thinking about committing suicide. His dog comes over. His dog is named Ruben. Well, guess what happens when he yells out Ruben Ruben, Ruben knocks the chair out from underneath him, and the movie ends.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I walked outside, you know, when you go see a movie during the day. I love doing that, and you come outside it's bright, and I walked outside and I just wanted to talk to somebody. I'm like, you know, because you know, there eight people in the theater and are all kind of scattered, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Anybody, does anybody know about that yet? Like crazy? So Ruben Ruben was the name of it.
Speaker 2: And I think those are the last words in the movie as his dog kicks over the store the chair that's holding him up.
Speaker 5: Yes, pointing, So we're not saying bad movie endings, dark movie ending.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm okay with a dark movie.
Speaker 5: Like seven with Brad Pitt.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Uh, Tony and Ohio, Hi, Tony, Tony, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Damn, I got a couple more unbreakable records for you. I've got about Nolan Ryan's seven no hitters and five thousand, seven and fourteen strikeouts.
Speaker 3: I don't know about the no hitters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do know about the no hitters because because nobody's gonna go even if you've got a no hitter going, Yeah, my bad, Tony, You're right what they don't go more than five innings. You can have a no hitter and then they go up. Yeah you know what the analytics say, we got a sent you down and then fifty seven hundred strikeouts.
Speaker 3: Uh. Cindy in North Carolina, Good morning, Cindy.
Speaker 13: Hi Dan. I've got another unbreakable. But if I could sneak in a little baseball movie that has kind of a dark ending, but it's a comedy, and that's saying the drug.
Speaker 3: Slowly, okay, Robert, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 13: Anyway, the un I'm gonna pay homage to my homestead of North Carolina. It's Richard Petty's two hundred NASCAR wins. No in e fact, he actually in one season one twenty seven races.
Speaker 2: That'll that'll never be broken. But thank you, Cindy. I didn't know he won twenty seven. I didn't know they had twenty seven races back then, Fritzy, as Fritzi likes to point out, the Bad News Bears didn't win that game against the Yankees. At the very end, right, they almost won time.
Speaker 6: They were like down three. I guess it was basically load. They were all coming home and at the very end, he's out at the plate, which would have either won the game.
Speaker 12: Or tied it in.
Speaker 2: But they felt like winners and they got to drink beer afterwards each other with beer. Rocky lost. I think that made that a better movie that he lost the first one. Well, it did set up, you know, subsequent movies. But I would say Rocky losing at the end, yes, yes, uh, Tod, do you have something.
Speaker 6: No, we were just giggling about some of the seeds from Bad News Bears. Oh and Tanner Boyle, who's just like the best character, the second.
Speaker 2: Baseman, Tanner Boyle, though he was gritty and gutty, I mean he tried, yeah, Marvin.
Speaker 6: He was also the kid that went to the alternative high school. Oh he did like the bad kid, That's what I mean, Like, Oh, you know somebody that was just bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was him, Tanner Boyle Hey Loopas.
Speaker 6: Maybe if you wipe your nose once a while, people wouldn't give you so much credit all the time.
Speaker 3: And Tatum O'Neill looked legitimate on the mound. She did. She looked really good.
Speaker 2: She might have looked better than Tim Robbins's Nukelelusha on the mound. Tatum O'Neil looked athletic all right. Speaking of pictures, segue justin Verlander Giants picture. Will John is coming up, Iron Eagle. He was on the call at the garden last night with the Warriors and the Knicks. Two more hours to go on this Wednesday. Fritzy Seaton, Marvin Paully, you'res truly back after this