Speaker 1: Well, what's up friends, and welcome in to Fantasy Pros. This is cleaning Up the Discord only show. I'm Chris Welsh joined by Joe Rico as I have an all season and we are here for the final cleaning up of the season, all Star break. We wave goodbye to just at least this show where we hang out on Discord with all of our besties waiting for you guys to produce the show and if not, we have to babble on about what we want to talk about. But I want you guys to remember Discord has got your back in the football season, We've got Discord shows. I'll be back on ericson and I will be starting up our show in about probably about a month or so, so it won't be long without And if you guys want more, you just got to make sure to join the Discord and it will justify more of these awesome shows with myself and Joelrico. So Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat that's where you sign up for the Discord tons of free access to it. There is a pre side if you want a few of the extras, but go and check it out today for yourself. You make that decision and come and be a part of the shows in our amazing community. Mister Joe Rico, there is no rest for us during the All Star break, really, But how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing very well, my friend. It's sad that this is our last show, but it's been a good run. I hope we get to run it back again next year. It's been good talking to you guys, and I'll up the chat, ask your questions and hop on stage. Be on the pot of us. Because this is the final countdown.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you. Let me start with a question for you here. This positively and negatively, the All Star break kind of represents, you know, the first and second half. But what we know is it's numerically that's not actually the case. There's less than half the games. But what it also represents is a time where you get a lot of checkouts. We're gonna have a period where there's gonna be a handful of teams that are gonna look at themselves and they're gonna go, I'm too far out, I'm completely done. I can't do it. So you have this weird dichotomy in fantasy baseball where you know there is still so much more to be done. This is where you win your league, but you also are going to be battling with teams that are going to be out of it, the trade market in general. FAB, What is your top singular or multiple piece of advice in the second half. Is it streaming? Is it FAB? Is it aggression? Is it trade market aggression? Is it actually maybe being a little bit more passive holding on to your players longer. What do you think a couple keys to winning this second half is?
Speaker 2: I think the big one for me is understanding your team and the construction of it. Where you are in the standings, and especially for roto players, look at where you are and what categories you need to make up. If you are way behind in certain categories, maybe it's time to give up on them. If you're a very dead last and stolen bases or home runs or certain categories, it might be time to give up on them. There are certain categories where you can see that there is a path for you to make a push up the standing, so you target those particular categories. It's really about understanding your team. If you're in fifteenth place in a fifteen team league and you got thirty two roto points and you maybe don't need to devote any more time to that league. As crappy as it might sound, you know, people say, well, there's a something to be had for going from fifteenth to tenth if you can move up in the standings of this part of the year. But I think prioritizing those teams that actually have a shot is what makes the most sense. You spend the most time researching those teams as opposed to trying to have some you know, moral victory by moving up a couple points at the bottom of the standings, really understand your teams, understands which ones have a shot, and then I think you give yourself the best chance to actually compete for the league title or to finish in the money in those spots where you actually legitimately have a chance. Just about understanding where you have a chance. If you're in tenth or eleventh place in a twelve time leads, it's probably time to give up on that league.
Speaker 1: I like the one of really understanding, having a true understanding of your team, your needs, and whether you're punting a strategy or going hard on a strategy like this is the time to do it. Whether you do it in the trademarket, whether you do it in the whether it's a trade market or the waiver market, whatever it is, is just like really understanding the construction of your team where your benefits are. Obviously rodos a little bit easier because you physically look and you're like, okay, I'm in this category. But it's making that understanding and coming to terms, especially if you're head to head being like, all right, I should let this go. If I'm consistently losing week in and week out on saves, the save market is kind of blah, and I've got maybe I drafted one hero save guy and then I got it like one or two other just middling, but I just consistently lose. Maybe it is punting that category. Maybe you can sell that closer to jump ahead in another spot. So I think the understanding of your team is massive important, massively important, and kind of in the same vein as being as active as you possibly can. Fantasy baseball is a grind, and you've had a sea you feel like you've already put in a full season. You've got this second half of a season going where your twelve team league might now be eight active, or your Rodo might only be seven active in that, you've got to be as proactive as possible and your ability to stream pitchers if you don't have caps, paying attention to hot turnarounds, maybe not dropping too instantly a player that's been solid for you know, the shiny new toy, and as the season gets a little bit further along, maybe having a little bit more of a stomach for cutting your dead weight. That's what fantasy baseball is all about, and you know all you're gonna have to find a trendy. Every fantasy winner has like one or two guys that they probably picked up in August or September that's going to help carry them in some capacity, whether they're the number one carrier or top five on their fantasy team. So be active in that. But just you know, a couple of little tricks of the trade for this final run here, because baseball is unlike any other It just it goes long and you can have those leads, or you can have this great team and it can fall apart, or I have had a couple instances where I was I remember I was a team Bog will remember this. I was a team that was out of it in this one league I sold off and it was a dynasty I sold off, and then all of a sudden, because of some of the pickups I made, I started winning. I squeaked into the playoffs, and I ended up getting to the championship on a team that I sold off three or four pieces, just by having these like rentally waiver guys out there, so you know, being proactive and understanding your team, it's the key key point here, mister Joe Rico.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah, And like you you kind of alluded to it, like some of that dead weight, like you might have been waiting for the whole season for Michael Hay to turn it around, for Matt McClain to turn it around, you know, Brenton Doyle.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of these.
Speaker 2: Names, Ozzie Albi's, and it gets to a point where it's like, well, maybe it's just not their year and it's time to just move on from some of these players as opposed to just waiting and waiting because they were top one hundred draft picks. So I think part of cutting that dead weight and moving on, like this is a point of the year where it's like you've given guys some rope, You've given them more than an or about one hundred games at this point, and now it's time where you can probably start to move on from some of those guys who've been truly, truly disappointing.
Speaker 1: Put a pin in the Ozzie one. That's a good one because at the end here we want to answer some of our listener questions. But I want to talk about a few guys, and I'll just tease it right now. Let's talk about Ozzy and some players. Are you comfortable with them in the second half? Are you going to buy into them being able to either turn it around in a way that's worth buying or turn it in around in a way that is worth holding. And I think Ozzie's maybe the first one we can talk about. But let's get to the audience here. Always under says, hey should I pick up Zebi Junk? I was about to say, is that the same person? But Zebby Comma Junk or Schlitzler and drop Geo, Jacob Lopez or Shean. So what do you think about the three potential pickups versus the three drops? And then I'll go on to the rest of the question after.
Speaker 2: So Zebby, I I don't know if there's been any like new update on him or anything, but he was really pretty disappointing earlier on when he was pitching this year. I don't know that I'm going to be rushing out to grab him necessarily. Junk and Schlitler are guys that I am kind of interested in at this point, specifically Schlitler if he's able to stick around playing for a good team, because Junk is not gonna have a ton of win opportunities out there in Miami. I think you'd be all right to drop Lopez and Sheen and pick up junkin Schlitler Dio. Assuming we're talking Lucas Giolito. I mean, he's been really good, so I'd be holding onto him over Zebby in this situation. But I think Junk and Schlitler you can you can pick him up over Lopez and Sheen.
Speaker 3: I'd be fine with.
Speaker 1: That, completely agree Schlitler say his name very carefully when we say it, one hundred percent, I would move over those guys. He also said also option I could drop our Darvish and Edward Cabrera or Profar. I'm definitely not dropping Cambrera. I mean, we're kind of bracing for the injury. I think I think we got it like Lopez and she and are fine for those two. Like I'm not sold on Darvish or anything like that, but I think that's the move. Another question, and my final question, would be should I drop Jacob Wilson and grab Nick Kurtz. I've got both of them in a couple leagues, but one league, I have another good shortstop, and I have Sodastrom at first base. So should I grab Kurtz and drop Jacob Wilson or Sodastrom or should I not add Nick Kurtz? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I can't believe that Nick Kurtz is still available is bruly shocking. But what those options, I'd be all right to move on from Soderstrom. I mean we haven't really gotten much from him outside of that first run of the season. I mean he's been serviceable, I guess, but really that first month was unbelievable and then Ay was a ninety four WRC, plus June was eighty seven. He's had a pretty decent July so far. But I think given the options, I think I'd prefer to drop Soderstrom. I guess it really depends on that. On that shortstop situation, and if you actually have to like sit one of them every day, then I guess Wilson could be dropped at that point. But my initial feeling here is to drop Sodashrim for Kurtz. But Kurts being on the wire is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Agreed, completely agree. I do think there's probably spots for Jacob Wilson, like you said, like maybe don't make sense. You need like heavy counting stats and you know he's never really playing okay, But I would just I'll take Kurts over Sodastrom like in a vacuum, So I think we're solid there. I cannot, and I agree with you. I cannot believe Nick Kurtz is available. Can you know what makes me sick too? I had just the other day I did look at DK's draft odds before Rookie of the Year and cam Smith had actually moved back up to number one, which is great for me because I placed a bet. I had placed a bet on Christian Campbell and then before that though I had placed a bet on cam Smith, great odds, very excited, but because Jacob Wilson had been holding that thing. Can you imagine if you would have jumped in on Nick Kurtz, like a month or two, you probably got twenty to one. And I'm not looking at the odds right now. I can look it up here in a second, but I cannot imagine that you didn't get incredible odds. And the al side has just completely opened up. So let me see if I can find it real quick under awards Rookie of the Year Jacob. So they're all plus money, all plus money now Jacob Wilson has the lead according to DK at plus one ten. Cam Smith is plus one forty yo. Nick Kurtz is still three and a half to one right now, Roman Anthony, if you want really fun odds, just throwing it out there, twenty five to one as the Red Sox are winning games. But like if you guys remember that was like a minus like five hundred in favor of Jacob Wilson some time ago. So Cam Smith is in play, and Nick Kurtz, I think, is really in play, and I'm actually kind of shocked we're still getting that good of odds. It's just when players on the same team they can kind of eat into each other. That actually might kind of speak well to Cam Smith. If we're being honest, But what do you think if you were placing If you're placing a bet right now, at least you get plus money across the board, who would you side within the Al Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's probably going to be kouraged the way he's trending. The guy that's kind of interesting, honestly is Carlos Narvaiaz in Boston, the catcher. He's playing phenomenal defense. He's got eight home runs, he's hitting two seventy three.
Speaker 3: He's got the.
Speaker 2: Same war as Jacob Wilson if you're looking at fangrafts war or the lead in the American League. So I think that he could be a dark horse potentially playing in Boston going to get more media.
Speaker 3: Love than playing in Sacramento. Potentially.
Speaker 2: Cam Smith is also pretty interesting because he's been phenomenal. Picked him up in a couple of places and he's been a.
Speaker 1: Fantastic Really you want to hear this, April's say, I'm so sad. This is probably gonna be just if you guys remember last year. I'm very proud of this even though it didn't hit. But preseason I had bet Jackson Merrill rookie of the Year seventeen U seventeen to one. And if you guys remember, I have an autographed card from Jackson, who inscribed my odds I got on it. It's one of my favorite cards. I got Camp and I think this is going to go the same way I got cam Smith twenty five to one, and my bet, they're not even offering any type of payout right now. I guess because he's second. But I'm just staring at this with a massive twenty five to one return and he's second best odds right now, So I'm like, please, Cam Smith, please let Kurtz and Jacob Wilson eat into each other. My luck, he'll probably finish second and I'll have another year where my amazing long shot bet doesn't pay off. I'm they give me a nice buyout, I might consider it, So it's.
Speaker 3: Fine when you're working. Oh what el was Skis, wasn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Skeens wan, Yeah, there was a legit time where Skeens and Merrill were going back and forth. I never got offered a buyout on Meryll, and I probably would have taken it if it would have been good, because he had about a week or so where he was the odds on favorite, but then it was like runaway skins and it was very, very sad for my book Austin Riley and CJ. Abrams. Is that a fair trade for Miserowski and Bett's ten team Rodo keeper ten keepers in there? So Riley Abrams for Bett's Miserowski. Which side do you like?
Speaker 2: It feels pretty fair on both sides. Honestly, I don't know that I have a strong preference. I guess the Riley side is probably safer just because Miserowski, like we've talked about, or like Joe's talked about a lot, He's gonna eventually need to have Tommy John surgery. You can't be throwing one hundred and two with ninety seven miles mile and our sliders and stay healthy forever.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you would say.
Speaker 1: That about Chris Sale, but that was I guess more about his arm. It's it is a different situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was Sale throwing sliders at ninety seven.
Speaker 1: No, no, That's what I'm saying, Like you're right, like the Sale throws more sweepy stuff, but it was it was more of his arm action. But I just I always remember every human being forever, which just like Chris Zille is gonna have Tomy John. Criszill's and have Tommy John. And it was just like okay, yeah, until.
Speaker 2: He did and then Bets, I mean Bets, Bets has had kind of a down year. He's getting older, so there is some risk on that side. With Riley and Abrams, You're getting two guys who are fairly young. Riley should in an ostensibly good offense going forward in Atlanta, although I know that's not been true the last couple of years. And you know, I think the Nationals offense is positioned to be really good for the next couple of years as well.
Speaker 3: As much as c J.
Speaker 2: Abrams isn't somebody that I've always been a big fan of. That side's probably safer, but I think value wise, it's fair on both On both ends, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's pretty fair. Bets is the oldest still, you know, if he doesn't have a bounce back, it's not gonna go well for his value. Abrams is really interesting. You know what, I'm gonna just say, I think this is fair. I kind of think the Miserowski Bets side might be the sexiest ten team keepers. It's not quite a dynasty, so all of these guys are keepers. Though I think it's relatively fair. I actually might side slightly with the Miserowski Bets side, especially if mis Like keeps going. But you know, two really good young talents in Riley and Abrams, I think it's relatively fair.
Speaker 3: Hal asks what do you think I was going to say? What do you think about him in the All Star Game? Do you think about that?
Speaker 1: It's whatever? I mean, like, personally, I do agree. I agree on the side of the players here that think this is lame, like Pat Murphy defended it being like, hey, come on, Goods, this is entertainment, and it's like yeah, but it's also not like guys have bonuses attached to that. So I think that if he takes away Now. Thank god the Phillies paid out the All Star bonus to Cris Sanchez, who one hundred percent should have been the guy. For a guy to pitch twenty five innings and be in the All Star Game if there was no one else that was really worthy, if there wasn't a Chris Sanchez, I don't know. I'm not going to cry about it. I'm not going to like be up in arms and be like, oh, these kids but I think Pat Murphy's wrong and he's defending his guy. We can laugh that Hobby Bayez is the starting center fielder and what has he not played center in like forty games over Buxton, But that was the fans choice, and I already think that is moronic that we allow that to happen. This was on the manager side they decided to do this. I don't just think it's a flashy like you know, goofy, a spectacle like it's supposed to kind of be a spectacle, except players' money is attached to this, and it's kind of like an honor. So I think they're they're wrong in that aspect. But you know, like Misroowski's really cool, he's awesome, He's fun to see. It'll be fun to see. But you know, I do agree with the the players in that, like Chris Sanchez should have had that spot. I think they asked Ranger Suarez and he declined. After this all happened, kind of probably like in a little bit of a protest of it. But I don't know, are you like a fan of this?
Speaker 3: No? I wasn't a fan of it.
Speaker 2: I mean, not that it really matters, But like you said, when things like incentives are tied to it, when there's big money. I mean, fifty thousand dollars to them is not as much as it is to us, obviously, but it's still a good amount of money. So I'm glad the Philly's paid up. I think it should have been Sanchez. I've been a big Sanchez fan. But I think the people who are like, well, this is gonna help like grow the game.
Speaker 3: You're getting a young, exciting pitcher.
Speaker 2: And I think that part is bs because most people who are casuals who may or may not tune into the game are not going to have any idea who Miserowski is. Even if he throws a shutout in it, They're not going to really care who he is. There's casuals who are not really baseball fans necessarily, but there's a lot of people who didn't even know who Mike Trout was for a long time.
Speaker 1: I mean, dude, the casuals aren't going to be like, well, I'm not watching that. Wait, Mizzerrowski's in now, I'm watching Like, no one's gonna do that, so give me a break. Maybe it'll give you a TikTok reel or something exactly. I don't know. I think it's silly. Just a reminder to everybody. We got the live streams, and the live streams are not going away. This show does go by the wayside. We answer some of your questions, but guess what, we still got your back. Wednesdays on YouTube YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros m LB. Make sure you go follow, make sure you go put on notifications because guess what, Joey P and Me we're live Wednesday, four pm Eastern. I say, I don't know. I think we're going through the end of this month. They got to be honest with you. I'm not one hundred percent sure. There's a lot of craziness going on, but I know we're going to be here this week. There's I think we're post All Star break. Then there's nothing going down. Perfect time to talk second half. Go and subscribe hang with Joey and I. Baseball Fantasy Pros MLB has been hot all season long, and all of the shows on Twitch, which we do twelve pm Eastern every single day Twitch dot Tv Slash Fantasy Pros, those go up on the YouTube, So make sure you're following us on Twitch for the lives Joey Alrico is going to be a regular on the show come August once the Joey p leave, So make sure you're locked in there. And if you can't watch live, we got you covered on YouTube, so go and subscribe today. Before we get the rest, we had house question, but we got l TB three with the hand raised coming up on the chat LTB three, what is up?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 1: If you accept the thing and come up and hang with us? Right after we were talking all Star Misraowski. So I wonder if this is like an all Star based question or if we'll even get it because he's got to accept it and come up here, going once, going twice, and let's see, let's try it one more time.
Speaker 3: Did I like?
Speaker 1: Click it wrong?
Speaker 3: Sold?
Speaker 1: Sold?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: If you pop back up, you just let us know, brother. I don't know what's going down, but let's get to the next one. This was how what is strategy for head to head with playoffs for young pitchers? He's got schemes Crochet, Burns, Miz and Bubich. What would be your strategy with two absolute banger of aces and Crochet and skins? But then you got Burns Miz and I don't know how you want to associate Bubitch in that, But what would be your strategy with the young guys?
Speaker 2: So Schemes and Crochet, there's nothing to really do, I don't think unless, like with all of these guys, there is some risk of shutdown. It's kind of mitigated for Crochet because he's pitching for a competitive team, whereas with the others it's kind of a kind of competitive Cincinnati, I guess. I think they've been decent and they're kind of in the mix, and since and Milwaukee is in the mix, yes, but I don't know that they're going to want to really risk anything with a guy like Miserowski, and I think the same thing with Burns. They'll probably not be shut down at all, But there is a risk with any of these young guys.
Speaker 3: At the end of the year, teams.
Speaker 2: Start to get a litle bit nervous and start throwing them like four innings, three innings. We saw it last year with Crochet when you start to push up against innings limits. So that's a possibility. Bubitch, I think, is the riskiest of this whole group, just because he is already kind of pushing up on his innings where you'd expect him to be for the entire year, just based on where he's been the last couple of seasons. So Buobach is somebody like I would be trying to actively sell the other guys varying degrees of risk. I guess Misrowski's probably fine, but I don't know. There is some risk with all of them. If you get a nice offer, especially if you get offered a hitter for any of them, or a pitcher who is on a competitive team, a truly competitive team, I think that makes a difference.
Speaker 3: But there is risk with all of these guys. There really is.
Speaker 1: I would definitely look to consolidate, especially Misroowski. I think Misrowski's value is so high. He's an All star. He looks incredible out there. I have to imagine there's some form of a cap that's in play. I will say, the Brewers need him, so I would listen if someone is really paying up burn I don't know if Burns' value is worth moving off what he potentially could provide, but I'm listening. I'm paying attention to the wire, and I'm really in the market to see if there's some like big type of trade that I can pull off. Especially for Mizerowski specifically, and as Hall said, you know, the four wins for Skeens is killing it, absolutely is. That's why I still hold that that Zach Wheeler bet that I brought up a long time ago Joe on the Betting Pros episode we did is the play because how and how can how first can Paul Skeens be the favorite cy Young with four wins? But also how can he win the award if he doesn't cross ten wins overall comparative to what like Zach Wheeler is doing or you know, even if you want to get into logan web, I just I think betting against Skeens on the cy Young is the best play with how bad that team is and four stupid wins for Skins, like legitimately, like what does he got maybe thirteen fourteen more wins? Like he has to win more than fifty percent of his games to get to double digits, which is it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy, yeahs pro, he started twenty games and the usual numbers thirty two sometimes thirty three starts, so yeah, he's got to win at least fifty percent. I think that Wheeler is going to be the cy Young winner. I've bet it myself. Numbers are close enough with him and with Skins. It depends on what metrics you look at specifically, some of them Skiings is better, some of them. Whe Wheeler has a better SIERRA, he's a better strike up.
Speaker 3: Minus walk rate.
Speaker 2: Skeens has a higher war he has a better FIP. So it kind of depends on which stats you look at. But Wheeler has been here for a long time. He's been a finalist for the award. He's thirty five years old. I think in the minds of the voters, this might be one of the last times and not the last time, that Wheeler puts up a season of this caliber, whereas with Paul Skeins, we're probably going to see ten or twelve more seasons of this caliber. So I think the voters are going to probably lean towards Wheeler if the underlying numbers are the same, especially because Wheeler has nine wins in nineteen starts. He's probably going to finish with he sixteen something like that.
Speaker 1: He's good. The current odds on Favorite now it's moved. He's minus one twenty five. But Skeins is also minus money at minus one oh five, So that's how close this can change last hall Ittt also said like how many more starts will he go? Five or more innings? I think they're really ratcheting down his innings right now. I think he'll kind of pair back up. But it's fair they're really babying Paul Skins right now. And you know what do they have to vuy for outside of him winning a cy Young which but I think don't make too much into that big dances. I have at least eight points in every category. Things to you guys currently in first place at ninety points. Just wanted to say, appreciate all the work you all put in. Oh, I appreciate that man that's so nice to you. And he had a question below saying which spar starting pitcher would you guys keep? I've got Hunter Brown or which three starting pitchers? Hunter Brown, Freddy Peralta, Yuri, Pez Miserawski. I'm leaning towards trying to trade Miserawski for a first baseman, maybe Naylor, vinp Kurtz. So I guess the question is is Miserowski who's on the outs here? Miserowski or Yuri? If you're keeping three pitchers, I mean Hunter Browns hasn't been pitching well, but he looks like you'd be like the number one.
Speaker 2: One on the outs for me, would probably be peralta of these guys.
Speaker 1: It's hard to well, yeah, I think I'm kind of with that one maybe, But I'm also I like the idea of trading Miserowski and even in a small keeper, but aim higher. See if you can aim higher than the guys that you're looking at, that's what I think you should.
Speaker 3: We're going to overpay.
Speaker 2: People are going to overpay for Maserowski right now, with all the hype and all the people putting him in like the top twenty pitching rankings. He's brilliant. He is absolutely brilliant. But I think you'd be able to get like a top thirty or forty overall player for him in the right deal.
Speaker 1: Agreed a last one here. In my first Roadow League ever, I've ranked eighth in saves, fourth and homers first, and stolen base eri whip first and win oh so first in stolen base eri whip first and wins second, a batting average third and RBI and last in saves right now, but projected to be seventh in saves should I forget homers and saves and focus on keeping this standing where I'm at, or maybe try to get homer and RBIs up even if it drops drops to second in stolen base, in third and batting average. So the question is which side are you going sans getting away from homers and saves and try to boost up the other categories or kind of hold suit.
Speaker 2: I'd forget about any projections for saves because it's a complete crap shoot and anybody, even the most accurate projections for saves are not going to be able to predict anything there.
Speaker 1: I think of how many guys might become new closers in the next three weeks. You might have three or four new closers on teams that sell off relievers that are in front exactly.
Speaker 2: Bednar might not be a closer Ken who knows what's going to happen over the next few weeks, So there could be some opportunity on the waiver wire to kind of make up ground in that case. So I think you kind of have to just evaluate your league for the next little while, see who's available, See among the closers in the league who you might be able to pick up, because I think you could viably just punt it. It sounds like it's an eight team league just based on the way you're describing eighth and last.
Speaker 3: So the fact that you're.
Speaker 2: First in the other you know, in four of the other category, second in batting average, I'm assuming you're winning this league. So I think you do have a little bit of leeway here to kind of see where the market goes with saves, if there's somebody you could pick up, if there's perhaps a trade. Because you mentioned your first and stolen bases, maybe there's a stolen base guy that you can trade off and try and boost up your saves a little bit. But I think you do have the luxury just projecting where you probably are in the standings to kind of just play it out until the trade deadline and just evaluate your team over the next couple weeks, and also just to see who becomes available.
Speaker 1: I couldn't add any much more to that. I think that's really great analysis. Quick let's do some quick hitting at the end second halfs buy or sell these players we mentioned Ozzie Albi's. Ozzie Albi's has just struggled on the year. Do you think you can trust in holding onto Albi's or do you need to just let go? So even outside of just buy, I'm not gonna even ask you to buy. If you're an Albi's owner, do you hold for a second half or are you worried that it's been so bad and this team is probably selling off that you don't want any part of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I don't want any part of it, but I think that we're getting to a point where there's not really much to hold out hope for. The team has been awful, and any sample size you look at, whether you break it down by the last couple of weeks, by the whole season, Atlanta has been miserable, miserable this year. Offensively, they are the eighteenth ranked team of the ninety seven WRC plus. So the surrounding environment's not helping him, and he's not helping you. Seven homers and seven steals. I guess it's not the end of the world if he finishes doubling that and it's like fifteen and fifteen. But he's hitting two twenty his twenty nine RBI, his on base percentage is two ninety. He's never getting on base to be scored. You know, the data has gone in the wrong direction in terms of the barrel rate, in terms of the hard hit rate. If you look at the plate discipline metrics, they're not too far off from normal. You know, zone contact, oh, swing swinging, strike rates, they're all about normal. But he's just not making good contact. You know, a three percent barrel rate, twenty nine percent hard hit rate, that's pretty terrible. He's barreled up eleven balls the entire season. So I just don't know that there's really much hope and thinking he's gonna turn around this year. There's a good chance on buying back in on him next year, just you know, expecting that price to go down into probably the one fifty to one seventy range.
Speaker 3: Overall.
Speaker 2: I'll probably have a couple shares next year. But I think this year you're most most of the listeners are probably in ten or twelve team leagues.
Speaker 3: You don't have to wait around anymore. I think you can cut eight all.
Speaker 1: Right, A couple more quicker hitters Mookie Bets. Mookie Bets has not been the Mookie Bets that we've known. Joe and I talked about it on the trade video. Two forty four eleven homers, six stolen bases. Are you a buyer of a bigger seller second half on Mookie Bets, or do you think we're going to get a lot more of what we've gotten in the first half.
Speaker 2: I am not overly optimistic the fact that he's still in a great lineup, like he has fifty six runs, forty five ribbi. Those are going to be fine by the end of the year. But again, another guy who's just not making great contact. Five percent barrel rate, thirty five percent hard hit rate. I don't think he's gonna be somebody that you're ever dropping. But I don't think we're getting prime Mookie Betts probably ever again.
Speaker 3: At this point. He's gonna be thirty three years old pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Dylan Cease It is one of the worst qualified ras out there. He's near the top. Expected numbers are still so dramatically better than what he's putting out. Are you buying or selling Dylan Ceese in the second half.
Speaker 2: I'm still buying all the expected numbers, like you mentioned, are still good. Three sixty nine FIP is very good. His Sierra at three forty one is the best of his career. The walks are not a big problem. He's giving up ten percent barrel rate, which is a problem, but you know, just based on a lot of the numbers, he's still getting whifts outside of the zone. The swinging strike rate is still good. The stuff is still good. I'm a big buyer on Dylan Ceas right.
Speaker 1: Now buys and sells. We got the video for you if you guys want to check out on YouTube as well. Joe pie Zepia and myself are talking about three buys, three cells for the second half. If you're looking for more, make sure you're locked in to leading off twelve pm Eastern on our twitch Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros, or of course on the YouTube YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB, where the show drops about an hour hour and a half at the most after we air on the live stream plus, you can check out or yeah, the livestream on Twitch plus you can check out the actual livestream on YouTube Wednesday's four pm Eastern where we're answering your guys's questions. We still got you back on the back half of this season. That's going to do it for us. Thank you so much for hanging out as you have all season long in the discord. You want to check out the rest of the community, go to Fantasypros dot com slash chat sign up today get access to all the different rooms. That's how you do the home run contest. By the way, upgrade to Premium so you've got access to everything. Talk with the amazing community and be a part of the peanuts and cracker jacks. For Joe Rico, I'm Chris. Well, you guys have a fantastic one and we will talk to you in the second half here right here on Fantasy Pros. Bye friends, Thanks thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us
Speaker 1: Is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB