Speaker 1: Wait up, White, you guys really are like the hip hop early morning late night talk to.
Speaker 2: Freakless Club is the most powerful popular urban radio show.
Speaker 3: Like from the Black Mothership in New York City.
Speaker 4: It's DJ yem V and Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 5: It's different, you know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 3: Y'all black. I love y'all collectively known as Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: So I'm always nervous when I do the Breakfast Club because sometimes you say stuff and it's just gonna get you in trouble.
Speaker 3: Everybody, what good morning, Usa yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Charlomagne is late?
Speaker 6: What up, Laura La ROSSA good morning? It's Monday, yes, energy.
Speaker 2: Either Charlomagne is over this because it's the holiday season, or he had a late last night, a late night last night because it's Cowboys played Cowboys played A eight twenty.
Speaker 3: I think the game was over, like at midnight.
Speaker 6: We was listening to it on our way back up. We've been back and forth with the move and stuff. I was like, I don't know much about football, but I know Charlamage is gonna talk about the Cowboys A one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Cowboys won last night. They won thirty three thirteen. They're tied for number one in our division. So congratulations to all the cowb Not really, I don't want to congratulations.
Speaker 6: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: I'll changing time for you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah, exactly, absolutely positively And sorry to our producer Eddie, who was a huge Eagles fan.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for your loss, Eddie.
Speaker 6: You said the Eagles were embarrassing last night. What's going on?
Speaker 1: They were horrible. It was bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened last night, but it looked disgusting. Cowboys looked good, like busy shaking the hips.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to say that.
Speaker 2: Take that back, let's take it busy shaking the hips. Yeah, but yeah, so that was the game last Nay. I'm I'm sure that's the reason why Charlomage is a little late. I'm sure he was up last night watching the game. He should have went to sleep early because they were busting Eagles ass the whole day, the whole game, I should say, but it is what it is. But Today on the show, we have Jasmine Crocketts is the US representative from Texas thirtieth Congressional district, so we're gonna be chapping it up with her a little bit, and we got a lot of discussed what you do this weekend.
Speaker 6: I went to the Barclay on Friday and I had a great time.
Speaker 3: Next player, yes play.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Oh my goodness, everybody can game, no idea said, I had a great time.
Speaker 3: Did they win?
Speaker 6: I don't know. First of all, I came late number one, and then it was like open bar everywhere. When we went downstairs the cup after, I didn't at the bottom of the barclay we went there. It was so much nineteen forty two margaritas. I don't know who played who Jesus Christ, But I had a good time. Shout out to famire.
Speaker 3: Let me look it up so you could at least see what happened.
Speaker 6: Don't give me out her line tho, because they're gonna be like what they wanted.
Speaker 2: They beat the Wizards, They be Washington, they bought they won one twenty four ninety seven, so they won't.
Speaker 3: See I'm good luck, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: I had no idea did who watched the game? I saw the people on the court. All right, Well this was a good time.
Speaker 2: Though, as long as you had a good time. Mine was Christmas holiday, Christmas shopping, or weekend long. It took us a long time to get our tree up, but we got our tree up this weekend. And of course the l's and the shelves move. You know, are you familiar with the l's on the shelf?
Speaker 6: Yes, I saw your like display, like your battleground display.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the elve's on the shelf is very serious in my household. If you don't know what elf on the shelf is, it's these elves pop up in your house and they're supposed to be watching your kids and telling Santa if your kids are good or bad. But there was an imposter sell elf that came in my crib, and the real elves had to handle their business.
Speaker 6: It kind of threw me for a loop when I saw the photo.
Speaker 3: It kind of took me for a little too.
Speaker 6: It's Christmas, It's like jolly, and then it's like what in the raisin Canaan's happening around?
Speaker 2: That's what I thought, too, But my daughter and my wife put that one together and I just sat back and watched.
Speaker 6: What did the baby say about that display? It was a little graphic.
Speaker 2: There was a little creeped out about it. There was a little crept out about it. But you know, the note said that the elves had to do what they had to do to protect Christmas.
Speaker 1: So they were excited about that.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 6: All right, teacher lessons early, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get the show crack. If we got front page you says some figure over be joining. That's Charlamagne being in a minute. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hello morning. Everybody is tej n V. Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club Laura La Rosa's I guess co hosts. And let's get in some front page news. That's when you got to know. Charlamagne just walked in. He has cowboys everything on. He has cowboy pants, cowboys, jackie cowboys.
Speaker 6: Cowboys said the pants was rockaway.
Speaker 5: They're not rockaway, but they paper planes like knock it off.
Speaker 1: I win my cowboys jacket. Not like this, that is not true.
Speaker 10: Not like this.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly y'all don't pay attention. But every time my cowboys play on Sundays. I come in here with Cowboy pri for Neil. Thank you for paying attention to me.
Speaker 6: If you last night, ain't nothing wrong with that. He definitely laid it out right first was coming today. He reserved the energy for you and the Cowboys today.
Speaker 1: I'm humble, like thirty number one in the NFC East. I'm not doing nothing a day after my Cowboys that I don't do any other time, right, like nothing at all.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys won last night thirty three thirteen. The Jets beat the Texans, Saints beat the Panthers, Buccaneers beat the Falcons, Bears beat the Lions, the Vikings beat the Raiders, the Bills.
Speaker 1: Before you know what was I'm just saying, I don't like you said. We just won like we didn't just hims. Okay, we beat the Philadelphia Eagles, and we are now the number one team in the NFC East. Okay, and Monday night, even though our records are tied, our records are not tied in the division.
Speaker 5: We're forouring one in the division at three and one in the division.
Speaker 2: The Giants played the Green Bay Packers tonight at eight fifteen. Also the Miami Dolphins games.
Speaker 5: That's a pointless game for the New York.
Speaker 2: We got to drop a bomb for the Lakers to the Lakers won the first NBA in season tournament cases.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what they went on. What does that even mean? What does everybody? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: They have an end season tournament every and that five hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Dollars, You get five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Every player gets five hundred thousand dollars, even the bench players, Well, congratulations to them.
Speaker 3: And we got to congratulate Devin Haney.
Speaker 2: He becomes a two division champion in his first fight at one hundred and forty flations to him.
Speaker 1: Devin put on a clinic on Saturday night, driving the Clues boonds with Devin Haney.
Speaker 3: Now, what's up. There's a lot of sports this morning.
Speaker 4: A lot of sports.
Speaker 11: I just want to say, yes, Cowboy fans are humble because they know what's next, don't you?
Speaker 4: Charlemagne and forty nine ers, So we got to remain humble.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, huh.
Speaker 5: You already played the forty nine.
Speaker 1: Ers this year?
Speaker 4: You don't, No, don't you play again?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: You know what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Why forty nine is fans talking about?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be different. It's gonna hit different. Bang bang nine a.
Speaker 1: Game and number forty nine the number one in the NFC eason, I mean number one in the NFC period now because we beat Philly yesterday. So not the forty nine, the number one the NFC U left. They're talking about potentially in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: In the playoff, you're gonna have to run through the forty.
Speaker 5: About potentially in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Cowboys got to play the Bills, Dolphins, the Lines, and the Commanders.
Speaker 5: We got a class schedule, by the way, for four games.
Speaker 11: Those they're talking about the potential they're talking about bottom line blocking you from the Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: What you saying, Yeah, those next three games. Our schedules not easy?
Speaker 2: No, no, all right, Well, let's talk about this to the tornadoes out new What is that Tennessee with thirty six eight of six people dead?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tennessee.
Speaker 11: I want to send our thoughts and prayers to them. A lot going on there Saturday. Several tornadoes touched down in parts of Tennessee. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: It's a tough morning for people in the South, waking up to the devastation from severe weather overnight, at least six people killed. Nearly two dozen tornadoes reported from an intense storm system stretching more than one thousand miles.
Speaker 13: Many homes and businesses destroyed, roofs torn right off and debrislittering the streets, Power lines and trees no match for the wind. Tens of thousands of people reported without power this morning.
Speaker 11: Now, tornadoes are rated on a scale of one to five. Just to give you an idea of what leveties tornadoes were. Clarksfield, Tennessee. That tornado was rated as a three with one hundred and fifty miles per hour. In the tornado in Madison and Hendersonville was rated as a two with wins one hundred and twenty five miles per hour. So I just want to make sure we keep the Tennessee family in our thoughts and prayers because a lot of them are still without power this morning.
Speaker 5: Absolutely nothing you can do against mother nature.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, well that is front page more. Okay, No, we gotta do when we come back. Okay, all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone line to wide open again eight hundred five five one oh five one, Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 15: Every strong turner?
Speaker 9: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 11: Brother?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: I was wonderful.
Speaker 8: What it takes, comedic bim cold?
Speaker 1: So on the Breakfast Club, y'all think it's that easy.
Speaker 16: I know it's that easy.
Speaker 9: Damn.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we'll have a blessed day. Have a bless day.
Speaker 17: How for.
Speaker 14: Coming and working late?
Speaker 1: This disrespect?
Speaker 6: He said? He said, thing is that easy because you come in and work anytime you want.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean, Like, why why do y'all think this is so easy to just be up here? That's crazy to me. Maybe that's all for. Maybe maybe we just let anybody.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 3: You, Lauren, We love you, Lauren. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: Hello?
Speaker 3: My name was Dom domb whatever, Get off your chest?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So my girlfriend is pregnant and she getting birthday fault. But I'm still in that early stage. So I've never been through what she normally.
Speaker 1: You're scared.
Speaker 18: Scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we all been there.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 3: I think I was scared my first my first child, Madison. I'm sure. I'm sure Charlemagne was scared. It's just nerves, man.
Speaker 2: You just got to do the best that you can. No hand, there's no instruction manual to raising kids.
Speaker 3: You just got to do the best that you can.
Speaker 5: Brother, you mean you mean that you're afraid about, you know, the actual birth.
Speaker 19: I'm afraid or necessarily the old I'm gonna be because I've already been through or having a kid that.
Speaker 9: Was in mine.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I got you, got you, got you.
Speaker 14: I'm really scared of because I haven't been through that.
Speaker 16: I was just more like I was a parent of a child that I didn't know.
Speaker 10: That was mine.
Speaker 1: Well, first things first, man, Let's make sure that your your your your woman has a healthy delivery. Okay, and then you can start worrying. Then you can start worrying, but let's get through the Let's get through the process of labor first.
Speaker 6: What's the scariest part of labor?
Speaker 1: I mean when you're black, you know, just constantly thinking about the black maternal you know, death rate, and you know that anything that can go wrong will go wrong, especially when it's you know, black women having babies. That's why duelas are very important. Blue duela laid some time it's clothed, maving salute to you.
Speaker 2: I think you be good, brother, just you know, you be just just pray and just do what you gotta do. Listen to the nurse, listen to your wife and or your girlfriend, and you'd be good.
Speaker 14: Bro.
Speaker 3: But I think I think laugh But.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, I think every father's nervous when especially when you have your first child, makes sense, I'd be if you weren't nervous, i'd be I'd be wondering, what the hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 6: My dad missed my person. He was playing. He was playing spades with my grandma. What my dad missed my birth? Him and my grandma were playing spades at the house. They didn't believe my mom because she had been going back and forth with like labor pains. So they thought, like, oh, no, you just in pain. You'll be all right. We got time. It was playing spades, gambling. I just came into the world. And then they came to the hospital.
Speaker 5: And then you say you didn't meet your dad for how long?
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't know him, know him once. I was like thirteen, but he was around in the beginning. But we're not doing this this early, Charlotte.
Speaker 3: That sounds leave me alone.
Speaker 6: What's my grandma?
Speaker 9: Mind you?
Speaker 6: My mom called him like, y'all, I'm going into labor. They're like, we gotta finish his y'a don't know my grandma. Window. I don't even know my grandma. He probably did like because my girl don't play around.
Speaker 14: Damn.
Speaker 1: That's wow, I get it now. What is why she hate us?
Speaker 6: I don't hate y'all.
Speaker 1: She don't trust us.
Speaker 5: You don't know we're gonna be around.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have told my daughter that story.
Speaker 1: That's what say you, I would say.
Speaker 6: My mom makes it a point to say that all the like, to tell me all the time about she be tight.
Speaker 3: She didn't play space of college.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I play.
Speaker 9: I grew what.
Speaker 6: I've been playing space my whole life. Almost my grandma don't play that. It's okay you want no sorry.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chests.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one If you need to hit this up now, It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 20: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're.
Speaker 9: Mad or blessed.
Speaker 3: Time to get up and get something. Call up now hundred five eighty five one O five one.
Speaker 9: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello.
Speaker 7: Who's this nd call up from Georgia straight out of Philly.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't they? Good morning, get it off your chest mama.
Speaker 7: Okay, so this is my problem right, I worked at hospitality Okay, and my kids are It's a pink guy situation. You're going now around in New York school right, what't week? I'm going to half pink guy. Now the next week my daughter I pint guy.
Speaker 21: Now they say, just be getting sick.
Speaker 7: And I don't understand what these schools is cleaning now, how they cleaner, but we need to have a health to person met in or how they clean in the school. Because these kids are getting sick every three days.
Speaker 14: I'm falling out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ain't just New York, even in Jersey. I feel like my my daughter is always, especially my younger one.
Speaker 3: Now she I think she said she in Georgia.
Speaker 1: In Georgia.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm in Georgia, but I'm from Silly I have a fourteen year old. I have a twelve year old and eleven year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, my kids too, My kids, my youngest woman to get sick.
Speaker 7: I have to call out of work today just to take it back to the hospital.
Speaker 9: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what it is. I don't know if this is going around with My youngest kids got sick. My two year old and my seven year old got really sick. Back sore throats and coughing, sneezing and a lot of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I think it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it is something going around, but I honestly think it's these kids diets.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 1: We got to make sure that we are feeding our kids, uh, you know, the proper, the proper, the proper foods, because I think a lot of this processed foods, these chicken tenders and all this other stuff. I really think it's causing their immune systems not to be as strong as it should be. Right, Yeah, yeah, your phone needs some souths up.
Speaker 14: Hello this Hey, what's a little breakfast call with your boy?
Speaker 1: Bingoything else?
Speaker 14: Hey I bell man, I just wanted to say that before you know, y'all go and breaking everything. Yes, they shared out so much for everything that got boots.
Speaker 1: Were just last week. That's right, yeaes sir and man.
Speaker 14: I bought them jarboys were all watched that girl and I was crazy.
Speaker 1: Let's be hum.
Speaker 14: No, that's all there man, mys pull it a crazy man guess the lions. So I was pretty shocked.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm glad that you.
Speaker 14: Absolutely man. But literally I want to say shout out to all the last minute Christmas shoppers. I'm one of them. I'm gonna be going shopping this week, so shout out to all the people that there last minuet Christmas shopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: I watched them yesterday and the more was was real empty. I was very surprised. I thought it was gonna be jam pie, but it was. It was empty.
Speaker 1: It was not empty.
Speaker 14: Everybody doing online.
Speaker 3: Yeah glad too, yep, absolutely.
Speaker 14: Man, absolutely man, I think time man also Charlotte Million Man. I got a question brother.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 14: Now I'm in my thirties, I realized that my body is not getting the same. I work a lot of Irish iris, but to day, five days a week and I feel like I need some dings now because my body has been reacted. Okay, it's been a week, the last couple of weeks, and I'm like, I don't know what to do. I don't think no vitam is now. I just kind of eat my food or whatever. But what would you suggest for a brother in this thirties to keep up, you know, with herself, because I'm not tolding anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you what I do. I do an animal pack. As far as you Oldvidam is a concern. You know what the animal pack is?
Speaker 14: No, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you go, you can get it from gen C any one of those stores like that. I do the animal pack. I do the I do the powder animal pack.
Speaker 14: Okay, is it like everything that I needed one powder?
Speaker 1: Or is it like a whole bunch of Yeah, it's it's everything you need, all in all in one.
Speaker 3: And bro, can I make it?
Speaker 18: Just?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 14: Please? What's up?
Speaker 1: Go to the doctor?
Speaker 3: Go get your physical. That's the most important. Do you have physical.
Speaker 2: Let them do your blood work, do your testing, let him see if you're if you're deficient in something, Go to the doctor.
Speaker 1: Brother, that's fair.
Speaker 14: You're right. I will make an appointment to the fair. And I appreciate you so much. Lord, what's up? Are you doing?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 14: Okay, good blocking your blessings?
Speaker 3: Whoa what you're trying to holler again?
Speaker 1: Doing your well?
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 14: She blocked them blesss. She found a right clau of your daughter.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: What what I doing?
Speaker 14: Your blocking your blessings?
Speaker 9: Boo.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to ask you out, and you're just like I'm.
Speaker 9: Taking a date.
Speaker 14: Oh, I'll come to New York. I'll come where you from bewhere?
Speaker 5: Yes, nobody going to Delaware. Now, don't make no, I mean I have to do it.
Speaker 14: But if I can come out to me, well that's we can set up something real nice about to do the ball.
Speaker 1: I don't get involved with nobody. Uh romantic bullets, you know.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, what's today Monday? I think let me think about those blessings and get back to you by like this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think you could have been blocking your blessed. That could be a nice gentleman that wants to take you out and get to know you.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 6: What's next.
Speaker 3: Okay, get yes, eight hundred and five eighty five one five? Well we got roomors on the way. What we're talking about, Yeah, we want.
Speaker 6: To get into the Grammy salute to hip Hop fifty that went down last night.
Speaker 2: Obs all right, we'll get into that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is dj n V Charlemagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest co host, Laura l Rossa.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the room.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people will recognize the voice in the name.
Speaker 1: From the Recklass Club. Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 6: So last night on CBS. UH, the Grammys did a salute to the fifty years of hip hop celebration, tons and tons and tons of names and attendance and participating in the ceremony. Queen Latifa, Common Public Enemy, Dougie Fresh, MC, lightwric Ross, Cheezy Boosy. So they had so many names, Like I feel like the show didn't get the time of day that it deserved because of how many people were involved. But one of the really special moments where Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff performing and Questlove introed them in Let's take a Listen to Questla.
Speaker 23: I grew up idolizing these two from my hometown of ill adelph They were the first artists to ever received a Grammy Award for hip Hop. Back then, they weren't invited to perform or accept their award on camera, which led to the hip hop community setting things out that year.
Speaker 5: But thankfully, a year later, their.
Speaker 23: Hip hop invitation did show up, and they became the first hip hop group to ever perform at the Grammy Awards.
Speaker 4: Now they sit the.
Speaker 15: Story about help.
Speaker 9: Now, I'd like to say, come in and go sit right there.
Speaker 20: West killing Helpia Born and Ray, chilling out backs and relaxing on cooling act and leap all outside.
Speaker 6: I think this is the first time in a long time I heard people talk about Will Smith and had nothing to do with Entangle and the Slab and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back and watch that today because CBS plays that on the wrong night. They should have had that on a random Tuesday or Wednesday. I didn't turn once while my Cowboys were playing yesterday. I mean I turn in a couple of times. But they even even said CBS, I guess had a blackout in certain cities where I guess they're having beef with the local provider. There's a lot of Yeah, a lot of people didn't get it. Get a chance to see it, but it was dope. He wore an updated outfit from his first performance, which was pretty dope. So so look like you said, it was so many different artists. I've seen two Chains, I've seen Boo Sy.
Speaker 2: It was just it was dope, Rock Cam, Big Daddy Caine, it was forty two short. It was just so many artists it was it was a dope.
Speaker 6: We got audios from together. You say, he looks, he looks so happy.
Speaker 3: Be the beef looks so happy.
Speaker 6: Boy don't get the main stages like that. So it's a good turnaround for him.
Speaker 10: At White Okay, cap with the helld down at the morn to be scrolling tapleas all right.
Speaker 6: Relax, yo, think about any award show you got Will Smith and Jesse, Jeffrey Knight and Boosie on the stage, Jez.
Speaker 5: Like Tuesday Night, Jesse, Jesse Collins.
Speaker 6: Jesse Collins was a part of it as well too. And I think Quest Love was ep too, you said, right.
Speaker 1: I believe I think Love wasn't ep. He said that when he was up.
Speaker 6: I just think it's fired. I'm gonna go back and watch it tonight too, because I had no idea that they even happening.
Speaker 1: Well, salute all of the artists that show up for the Grammys but don't show up for the BET Awards. I mess you. Jesse Collins was like, damn, it's easier to get you all negroes to come perform for CBS, it is for BET.
Speaker 3: That's what I said. It felt like B E. T should have had this show. You know, I've never.
Speaker 6: Seen this many names on the BT stage and they actually all are there all show.
Speaker 5: They have more people, have more respectful CBS than they do BET.
Speaker 6: Do you get paid to do these shows?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, And I think they usually take care of travel, flights, hotel and your stage and set.
Speaker 3: And things like that, but I don't think they actually paid for pot Well.
Speaker 6: Moving right along, Cardi B and Offset are officially done. According to Cardi B. She said she revealed that she is now single.
Speaker 24: I don't know if Ya've been getting clues from me for my life. I mean, I don't know if you guys been getting clues for.
Speaker 6: Me for my lives or for my stories.
Speaker 24: When I put some certain music off, I'm my own followings. When it comes forward today's events and stuff, I don't know if it's true.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's true.
Speaker 24: I don't care to find out because I've been single for a minute out but I have been afraid to Like I'm not afraid, I just don't know how like to tell the world. But I feel like today has been like a sign, like I've been the last time I got on Live, I kind of wanted you guys to tell you. I kind of wanted to tell you guys, but I didn't know how to tell you. So I was like, I changed my mind. But it has been like this for a minute now, and I was just I just took it as a sign. I want to I want to start twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Four like fresh open.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 24: I'm curious for a new for a new life, for a new beginning.
Speaker 6: I don't know, y'all, y'all think it's really or do y'all think that they just she's upset and just going through something right now? They married, they're married, but CARTI has done this before and actually dropped the divorce filings.
Speaker 1: So she didn't say they're divorced. She said she's single, yes.
Speaker 6: But that can mean that the filing is coming. But they go through this pretty often, so I. And when she talked about after everything that happened to day, she was talking about the fact that Blueface came out and accused Kashawan Rock of sleeping with Offset, which Offset has denied. Krishawn has also denied it as well too. But this all started Kashan got a tattoo cover of a Blueface's name set for seven hours to get this tattoo cover up in two thousand dollars, all for the lead into her being accused of sleeping with Offset, who is married man. So that looks horrible. So Carti had to come out and say something. I mean, we saw that they unfollowed each other not too long ago, and then all the accusations come out. I don't know, y'all. I hate this for Cardi. I hate this for both of them, Carti and Offset.
Speaker 2: That's horrible. They married, they got kids' holidays. Yeah, they are married couple. I hope that they're just going through things and able to work it out. But you know, at the end of the day, whatever makes them happy, right, because I mean, separation sometimes make people happy, is not every time, you know, not every relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as much as we think.
Speaker 1: We know these people. We do not know that people, so you know, we'd be sitting back like, oh, that's terrible. People might be going through hell together, that's right, and they might be happy separated. But I just hope that whatever it is, they're able to work it out in the way that makes both of them happen.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 6: My whole thing is how many times you have to separate though on both sides, Cardi being offset Krishan and Blue Face, like when do you finally just be like all right, I'm done.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: The problem is that their relationship is seen in the public.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean me and my wife, we haven't got arguments when we separated, but we all he's getting arguments, you know, especially early on. I'm sure Charlamagne and his wife got an arguments too, but it just didn't display in the public side, you know, where you got public people talking about certain things. You aren't following this personal It's just so much in the public eye opposed to just being behind the scenes and being able to work through it.
Speaker 17: Well.
Speaker 6: Shout out to I think it's pronounced a the Kimmih tattoo, the tattoo shop in la that did the cover up because soon as that cover up started, It's like it was a Briple effect that everything else she just started unraveling. Well, well, by wish them the best. It is the holidays, it is Christmas. They got the baby, so Cardi bu offset figure it out.
Speaker 2: Please, all right, and that is your room or report now when we come back, we got front page news.
Speaker 3: Sessling figure will be joining us.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, as DJ n V Charlemagne de God, we are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Blow on the roases. Our guest hosts today, what up to?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 11: DJ andm me Good morning, Lord, good morning, charlemagnea God, good morning.
Speaker 3: All right, let's jump right into the sports.
Speaker 2: Now at the Eagles lost to the Cowboys thirty three thirteen yesterday, and.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys and now number one in the NFC East. Let's keep let's let's let's put that in put that in the air too, okay, humble right, stating the fact for the number one of the NFCS.
Speaker 2: Now the Jets beat the Texas thirty six, the SAME's beat the Panthers, the Buccaneers beat the Falcons, Bears beat the Lions, Vikings beat the Raiders, the Bills beat the Chiefs, Broncos beat the Chargers, forty nine Ers beat the Seahawks, the Browns beat the Jaguars, the Bengals beat the Coats, and the Ravens beat the Rams. Now today and Monday Night Football, the Giants take on the Green Bay Packers and the Tennessee Taxlets take on the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 3: All right, we also got to congratulate the Lakers.
Speaker 2: They won the first NBA n season tournament and each playoff gets five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So congratulations to the Lakers and.
Speaker 5: Those games, Council, those games count with your record.
Speaker 6: Right the championship game?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sure?
Speaker 2: The picture, well, how do you pronounce the picture's name? I can't pronounce it, but I know he signed the deal for seven hundred million dollars. That's the most ever, right, biggest contract in sports history.
Speaker 6: It's only twenty nine Jesus Chris.
Speaker 1: I wonder how they justified that, though, I wonder how much money is a team like the Dodgers making that they can justified paying one player seven hundred million. Doubtless, he is guaranteed.
Speaker 6: We even need been working after that ten years, I honestly, I'll probably never ever worked again.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, all right, and we got to congratulate Devin Haney becomes a two division champion in his first fight at one hundred and forty pounds, so that today he.
Speaker 1: Put on a masterclass on Saturday. He also called out Gavonte Davis. I would love to see that fight. I'd love to see, you know, Haini Tank Hani versus Tank. I'd love to see Hani versus Ryan gar see it because Nie Ryan Garcia called Hani out. So we'll see what happens next.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's jump right into it. Let's talk Bernie Sanders test mm hmm.
Speaker 11: Appearing on CBS Face of Nation, Senator Bernie Sanders made a distinction saying that he supports a temporary pause in Gaza and defended his decision to oppose a permanency's fire in Gaza, breaking with progressive Democrats in the House. Now, Senator Bernie Sanders was s trending all day yesterday on Twitter. The progressive movement of people that support Bernie Sanders are deeply disappointed in him.
Speaker 4: I want you to take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 22: I want just clarify one thing. Senator, if I might, you support a humanitarian pause and Gaza some of your fellow progressives say that there should be a full on cease fire, which would require an agreement on both sides to halt the fighting. Do you support a ceasefire and if not, why not?
Speaker 25: Well, I don't know how you can have a ceasefire, permanent cease fire with an organization like CAMAS, which is dedicated to turmoil and chaos and destroying the state of Israel. And I think what the Arab countries in the region understand that Hamas has.
Speaker 6: Got to go.
Speaker 3: So he's opposing a ceasefire.
Speaker 4: He's a posing a permanentency's fire. He is in support of a pause.
Speaker 11: Maybe they had their pause what a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days, and then hostage got released and then it went right back to killing. So a pause versus a who Also Senator Warren also supported a pause where the other representatives, such as AOC representative Pressley represented to Lee Representative Bowmen, they're calling for a complete ceasefire, so most progressives have and so he's going in an opposite direction.
Speaker 4: So people are not.
Speaker 1: Happy with that. What he's saying makes sense, though, I mean, how can you have a permanent ceasefire? He kind of asked the question. He said, how can you have a permanent cease fire with a terrorist organization who wants permanent war? So, I mean that's a valid question, like how do you how do you have a permanent cease fire with an organization that wants permanent war? And I think what else he said is important too. He said, you know, Israel is losing the war of public opinion. You know, he said, Israel has the right to defend himself against the Mars, but he cannot go to war against the Palestinian people and cause the horrific damage the human life that we are seeing right now. And he said it would be he called it a humanitarian disaster, and he said it would be irresponsible for the United States to give Israel another ten million dollars to continue to wage this awful war. So, I mean, there was a lot of nuanced to what he said. I mean, people are running with the headline, but there was a lot of nuanced to what he said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of nuances what he said.
Speaker 11: And yeah, people running with head because progressives are very you know again these other represented saying no, they don't want to hear any of that.
Speaker 4: They want a permeancies fired. And that's it. That's all. So once again the nuances of it all.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we'll see he said, he said, he said verbatim, we can't continue to give Israel a blank check.
Speaker 5: He didn't say that to kill women and children in Palaton like mm hm.
Speaker 3: Now let's talk about this sickle cell disease.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really good news on sickle cell.
Speaker 11: We know that's something that African Americans suffer with more than anybody else. So the FDA has approved a ground break breaking treatment, a cure for sickle cell disease that uses gene editing technology. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 26: The medical breakthrough focuses attention on a long overlooked genetic disorder affecting mostly African Americans suffering from an excruciatingly painful disease, sickle cell. The treatment called castejevy. It's the first FDA approved medical use of the gene editing tool Crisper. At the beginning of a new era in medicine. Using this technology modifies the DNA and a patient's own stem cells so they no longer produce sickle cells, which can cause health complications and can lead to an early death. Doctors call it transformative for nearly one hundred thousand people affected.
Speaker 1: I'm all for. That's the kind of advances of science I'd like to hear about.
Speaker 4: It's really good.
Speaker 11: The only sad part about it is a discouraging part is it costs two point two million dollars per patient. So yeah, so exactly, so the access to this is obviously not going to be to everybody, and that doesn't that price doesn't even include the costs associated with the treatment, you know, after such as staying in the hospital, kingo therapy and all of that. So yeah, two point two million dollars. It is a one time treatment. So they go in and they you know, get this treatment done, but it begins what a series of blood transfusings over three to four months, and so there's a lot with that. So yeah, how many people can and again the insurance would have to cover it. With the insurance cover something like this, is it something you know that they would determine as they must as something you must have or will this be looked at as elective? So those are all of the things that you know, get looked at so great groundbreaking treatment. But again insurance has a way of you know, not now allowing access.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's so many insurance like patient patients, rehab versus, are you dying right now?
Speaker 3: They're not covering that. Yeah, that's way too much. Two point five million dollars.
Speaker 1: Jesus this country don't give a damn about his people health man. That's crazy, Like when it hurt them to create a cure for sickle cell and offer that cure to the people who need it, but nothing regardless of that exactly, like are we being serious right now? And this is why people get upset when they see all of this money that goes to foreign countries, right, all this money invested you know for migrants, you know what I mean. It's just like, damn people here right here in America dealing with sickle cell. You have something that can cure them potentially, right yeah, and complete cure, complete chill, and you're charging them two point two million dollars per patient. That's why who got that?
Speaker 6: Nobody insurance companies even got that, and.
Speaker 11: We're talking about you know, it says here nearly one hundred thousand, So that's not even a lot of people when you look at you know, can the government come up with two million for one hundred thousand?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So this is absolutely something I hope.
Speaker 11: Remember we did that story about the churches that raised money and was able to you know, raise money for this type of thing. So I'm hoping since the government can't step up, maybe somebody can because if anybody, know, anybody was sick of sell, that is a truly, you know, debilitating disease and can really change somebody's life. So I'm hoping somebody steps up to the plate.
Speaker 1: I'm not the highest grade of weed in the dispensary, but that's like what two hundred million dollars, right, Yeah, that's like twenty million dollars. That's a dropping the bucket, that's a that's a small, small, small.
Speaker 5: Percentage of what they be sending to these countries for war.
Speaker 1: Two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: Mm hm, they can at yeah exactly.
Speaker 11: And I don't know if it's more than one hundred thousand, but the report said, it will affect at least one hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Seems like there would be more than one hundred thousand.
Speaker 11: But the bottom line is the point you're making, Charlemagne is we got the money, so let's let's just take care.
Speaker 4: Let's take care of folks with sik a self, Lord.
Speaker 1: Have mercy.
Speaker 4: We got time for another.
Speaker 3: But let me see no if we don't. Okay, all right, well that is Front page News. Thank you, tos uh huh.
Speaker 1: It makes sure you subscribe to Taylor Figure's podcast is great shot, No chase of podcasts on the Black Effect, iHeart Radio podcast network, and follow at Tendling figure Out on all social media platforms.
Speaker 2: All right, now, when we come back, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Let's talk to the fellas a little bit this morning. Fellas, now you know NFL star Ricky Williams his name is now Ricky Myron because he has legally changed his last name to his wife's last name.
Speaker 3: Fellas, would you do that? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, Ladies, would you want your man to do that?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: Fellas, think about it like this. I just gotta I gotta change the gold post.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit move the goal post.
Speaker 3: Moved the gold post, change the gold post.
Speaker 2: If you were dating Oprah, Winfree, Oprah said you gotta take my last name.
Speaker 3: Would you do it?
Speaker 1: I don't even think you got to go so far as Oprah. I mean, if you love your woman. I never I never thought about it, Like this is something I've never thought about. But if you love a woman and she wanted you to add her last name to yours, you would probably do it.
Speaker 3: He didn't add, he changed, He just completely changed.
Speaker 22: No more.
Speaker 3: It's no more williams.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I don't know about all that because I want to I want to honor myself and my my lineage too. Like same thing like I got, I got all daughters. I don't. I want my daughters to keep our last name because I don't have any sons, you know what I mean. So if they get married, I wanted to be both last names. I don't have a problem with doing both last names.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's discuss eight hundred and five eight five one oh five to one. It's the breakfast slugle Morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one to join it to the discussion with the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, it's DJ n V Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Lauren the roaster is our special guest co host. Yes, indeed, Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about taking your wife's last name.
Speaker 3: Now, this story comes somewhere, Lauren.
Speaker 6: So this story comes from the NFL star Ricky Williams for star, former NFL star. Yep, he decided to legally change his last name to his wife, his wife's last name. And he said that this is something that he had been thinking about for some time now and it actually done, but hadn't like mentioned it. And as to why, he said he did it because he wanted to create more balance in his marriage. His wife is a very established and successful attorney, he says, but he often gets more attention due to his NFL career. So he thought that this would, you know, help to create the balance. It's something that he considered after taking an astrology relationship class. I guess so, yeah, I told you all signs matter, all right.
Speaker 2: So the question, and there's eight hundred five eight five one O five one, would you take your wife's last name now, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: You said you would hyphen the name. Yeah, I would hyphen it. You know what I'm saying. I wouldn't change it completely. You know, I have four daughters, and I want my daughters to keep our last name because you know, I don't have any sons, so I wanted to be hyphenated. That's how my wife's name is. My wife's name is her last name and my last name because her her father don't have no son. So yeah, to keep the to keep the last name alive, I would. I would do the hyphen it thing. But yeah, I wouldn't change my name completely. Yeah no, I wouldn't. No, I wouldn't wouldn't do that. My lineage and my ancestors matter too. I wouldn't change my name completely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't change mine at all. I'm my only child and my wife has two brothers, so yeah, no, I wouldn't change mine. Lauren, would you want your husband to change.
Speaker 3: His name to your name?
Speaker 6: No, I want to take his last name.
Speaker 3: You want to take his last name?
Speaker 6: I just I don't know. I just feel like I'm just it's so weird because I'm not tradition at all. But that is, I don't know, just something you look forward to as like a woman from what for me anyway, and not for all woman for me. But I thought it was interesting too. He said that he didn't really care about the change either, because the last name was Williams is not even his real last name. The guy I guess that was married to his grandmother, that took care of the family, isn't his real uh like, isn't like isn't his biological dads. So that changes it too, because the lineage is not really even there, because it's not as bad.
Speaker 1: And I wonder the way it shifted for us to because remember it was a time where you know, especially if you study like you know Islam or the fibers then teachers Islam. You know, the last name was a slave name. So that's why people would you know, change their name the ex Muhammad, you know Farakahn. So I wonder where where we got to the point where we was like, nah, we're gonna represent all last names even if they are you know.
Speaker 2: From because casey, I don't think it came from from black name or no duh.
Speaker 5: Those I'm saying like clear clearly, clearly that it was all slave on the name.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, I wonder when we started to claim nose and say, nah, this is our last name. I kind of feel like got woke. All of it was when people got woke. I think. I think when Dame dash would say, a hustle for your last name, not your first you know, like that matters that and that is our names, you know at the end of the day. So so like I said, I wouldn't I wouldn't change my last name. But you never know what you'll do. If you're if you're a woman, asked you to do it. But if you want balance, like Ricky Williams Solf, you don't change your name.
Speaker 6: He said, it created more intimacy and everything in that relationship.
Speaker 5: So that put that you put the hyphen. You have both names.
Speaker 2: But I asked a couple of the men behind the scenes, and I asked them if they would do it, and they said no. But then I said, if it was somebody that was financially secure, like an open wind Free or one of those what they changed the name.
Speaker 1: They all sug yes.
Speaker 6: I hate that for y'all because even if she wasn't financially secure, if you lover and that's what I'm just they started, you know, they said, I hate man, So don't get me started.
Speaker 9: You do you do?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: Who's this?
Speaker 8: Good morning you?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm good. This is doctor Bryan Thomas, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning you. Is your last name to your wife's last name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 8: I don't see a problem with that. I don't see an issue with it because I mean it's like the main sea that I mean, your daughters and everybody.
Speaker 18: Wants a legacy.
Speaker 8: I don't have a problem with that at all. I mean, I don't think it's it's fair that you know, it's an automatic thing that the woman gets to take my last name. I mean, which one was having it? You know, the other way around?
Speaker 18: It should be?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you you would change it completely?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, what's the big deal. Yeah, my last name is Brian. Someone's called that.
Speaker 22: Shi.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm a pick of Smith, Winfrey knows Carter, So I understand. Brad. Hello, Hello, hey Brad.
Speaker 25: Uh.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm saying.
Speaker 19: You call us because there's only like.
Speaker 1: Hey, now, why you sound like that?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, continue, So you would change your last name to your wife's last name?
Speaker 19: I would be down, not that she'd ever asked that. But because her last name is so unique that there's only like a handful of.
Speaker 18: People that I have it in all of the US.
Speaker 3: What's her last name?
Speaker 19: I kind of want to say it.
Speaker 13: It's not bad like that, you know, what is it?
Speaker 1: You don't want to put her out there? I understand me.
Speaker 3: You're not gonn knocking to tell us what the unique name is.
Speaker 19: Well, because of really unique perspective, you know what I'm saying, like the fact that much guys who wouldn't have to worry about that because a lot of people are common last names and that is it. But because it's not common, I don't want to put her out there.
Speaker 1: Got you all right?
Speaker 6: I was going, all right, Yeah, that has been so much better if he just said that, he.
Speaker 3: Said the name Hello, who's this Greg?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 3: Would you change your last name to your wife's last name?
Speaker 1: Greg?
Speaker 16: Oh? Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 18: I grew up in a in a household where the family dynamic wasn't really a family dynamic.
Speaker 16: You know, my my father wasn't around for real, so my family, my last name really don't mean that deep family rooted things. So if if I was with somebody I wanted to get married to her, and I felt like she was uh bringing me into a family where they was embracing me into the family, and it was a real family dynamic, like we holding each other down. I would do it in a heartbe absolutely.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 18: Yo?
Speaker 15: See you from Houghton?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 2: See from a town now? Would you change your last name to your wife's last name?
Speaker 25: Man?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 21: Because you know I'm a I have a strong religious background man. And not only is it our honor, it's our assignment to lead our households.
Speaker 16: And we're supposed to.
Speaker 18: Make honest, honest women, you know, out of these out of these women out here.
Speaker 21: And I want my wife and my son to carry my last name so that I can take this.
Speaker 18: Last name and and move it into the future and make a respect for a last name.
Speaker 21: And I just feel like we live in a more feminist moving.
Speaker 18: Society now and we need to get back to being more maxlin being men a standard of respect and whatnot.
Speaker 16: And we can't do that nick in taking our.
Speaker 1: Women last name. Boy, if taking a woman's last name makes you less of a man and you never was a real man to begin with, what the hell are you talking about.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you said it, because if I said it, I hate. I don't hate nothing. I don't have nothing against you. But everything you just said sounds like you got some stuff to deal with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that logic don't even add up.
Speaker 18: No, I absolutely don't have anything to deal with.
Speaker 14: I'm in therapy dealing with it all.
Speaker 18: But is your wife Charlamagne?
Speaker 21: Is your wife's last name your last name or do you have your wife's last name?
Speaker 5: She has both.
Speaker 1: I don't have her last name, but her last name is both because she was the only girl and so she wants to still honor her father. And I hope that my daughters do the same, because I got four daughters, So I hope that they keep our last name. But then they can add on, you know, whatever the last name is to the person that they choose to marry.
Speaker 18: I understand that, But what would you think of the man that walks into your house and saying, okay, I'm okay with taking my your daughter's last name.
Speaker 1: I would I would want to take all last name too, because if I do this thing right, then I'm breaking a whole bunch of generational curses. And that last name gonna continue to be popping for centuries to come. So yeah, I would hope. I would hope I create the kind of last name that a man wants to take my daughter's last name.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I understand that. What I'm saying is if your daughters bring a guy home and you had that.
Speaker 18: Conversation with him, and he's.
Speaker 14: Like, man, look I know where you're at, and you you would you.
Speaker 21: Would respect him if he's like, Okay, I'll take your daughter's last name.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I'm gonna tell you something else. And I'm just throwing this out there. Do you think at some point in time there wasn't a man who married some woman in the Rockefellers and said, I would love to have the Rockefeller last name. Absolutely, I would have loved to say I'm a Rockefeller. It just depends on the situation. Like that, I'm not looking at a man any different because he chooses to do that. While Ricky Willims catching flag for this or something. Yes, yeah, of course you know he is from thet Yes.
Speaker 6: Because that's because because so many men feel like the little things like the last name, and I get I understand, like tradition and all that. That's why we want to take my husband last name. But if if it were to go the other way around, it shouldn't change how you leave this household, how in anything like that. If you're a man and that's what you do, you do that regardless you forgot your last name or not.
Speaker 2: Let's talk eight hundred five A five one o five one will take some more calls. It's the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: It's topic time.
Speaker 20: Called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is Steve j En v Charlamagne, the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about Ricky Williams. He's a former NFL player. He came out that he was taking his wife's last name and people are giving him flack about it, and we're just asking eight hundred five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: Would you do a quitting?
Speaker 17: What up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: What's up? Would you take your wife's last name?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 8: Man, that ain't no man relationship.
Speaker 6: You're not the man if you're the name is not if she doesn't make your last name like, aren't you still the man?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 16: I'm not taking her she got a bunch of money.
Speaker 1: I think it was shut up, man, it's so crazy, I can I says. It's funny to me, Lauren, when people say you're not a man if you take the woman's last name.
Speaker 5: But the woman, the woman got money, it's okay to take that makes you a bird.
Speaker 1: You're a bird.
Speaker 6: But if I sat up here and say anything about a man with money, then what I would do because the man got money?
Speaker 1: I am like, I have no morals. I'm the call bird by the way, for all guys who say that. And if the girl got money, I'll take her last name. You're a city girl, definitely.
Speaker 6: A city But y'all mad when we bumping city girls and the sexy reds and see, I'm just I don't hate nobody. I'm just calling out double standards all the time. Y'all be mad at me.
Speaker 22: You know what.
Speaker 3: It says that your wife wants you to do that? Right now, take a last name.
Speaker 8: I'm my wife.
Speaker 16: To get it married.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, she wants to change the narratives. She wants me to take her last name. I'm pretty old school man, I'm not for that.
Speaker 3: But I do get her.
Speaker 18: I do get her point of view because.
Speaker 16: Her father was a single father, so her last name was die out with her because he only has two girls. So I do want to say her.
Speaker 15: Point of view, but I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Man, why doesn't she want Why why doesn't she just hyphenate her last name and then when y'all have kids.
Speaker 16: I ain't for that hyphenating.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying you. I'm not saying you have to. I'm saying, why doesn't she hyphenate you know, y'all last name, and then when y'all have kids, the kids have the hyphenated last name.
Speaker 21: She wants to hyphenated, But I don't see the purpose that hyphenated.
Speaker 1: Who has last name?
Speaker 16: It's like walking around with the first thing.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 6: People have two last names, especially if you.
Speaker 15: If you, I know, they have two bad names. But I mean, come on, we get married.
Speaker 8: I mean, like I said, I'm most my grandfather, my grandmother took his last name.
Speaker 1: You'll got kids yet?
Speaker 22: Yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hope you have all girls. I hope you have all girls.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad thing, though. I hope you have all girls.
Speaker 1: So when those girls get married to another guy, you'll understand why it's important to hyphenate the.
Speaker 17: Last name as nothing wrong with all girls that last name, though, you might lose that last name because if they get married and want to stay traditional and take their man's last name like the household.
Speaker 15: That's something that's I have to be decided when they get married.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, but you gotta change tradition.
Speaker 1: Now you're in it. What's wrong with people?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 5: Change tradition now?
Speaker 22: K P.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you take your wife's last name?
Speaker 15: It depends on which name adds more value to the family. Man Like traditionally, the mand the last name is gonna be worth more than the wife's last name, whatever case is. But you know, I like, you're born out of Oprah Whiffrey, want me to take your last name? The whiff last name means born in the fierce last name city legacy, y'all. And then also, you know, if like it Ricky Williams lands name carry home bunch of weight as far as like his daddy living with emotional trauma and stuff like that, he might not want to leave that niggage to say his kids, so he might want to, you know, add the value of the white's family name on. So me personally my wife's got my last name, but if hers would have been worth more than mine.
Speaker 16: I would have been a hawker.
Speaker 6: What's the traditional rule that said that the man's last name carries more weight than the woman did?
Speaker 15: The traditional rule? What I'm saying, the traditional whenever we go back to old school marriages and stuff, you know, the man brought something to the table and said, hey, I'm.
Speaker 14: Adding value to this.
Speaker 15: I'm not saying there's a rule, but I'm saying, traditionally, that's why the man's last name was taken. Because you're saying, hey, I'm bringing your daughter over here and join huss his family, and this family is add value to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all brother, Well what's the wrong of the story.
Speaker 1: Guys, I mean the morral the stories. You got to do what works for you. You know what I mean. I already told y'all I got I got three, four beautiful daughters, So you know, I want them to, you know, hyphenate their last names when they choose to get married a long, long, long, long, long long long time from now, because I want my name, my last name, to continue to live on, you know. And I think most fathers who have daughters want that my wife. That's what my wife did. So I don't have a problem with that. As far as changing my last name completely, No, I want to honor my family, just like you know that person wants their family honor.
Speaker 3: All right, well, we got rooms in the way. What we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yes, we are going to go back to the Pink Friday to conversation. I know we talked about it here before, but it's broken records and like the first couple of records was in the first like forty eight hours, so wow, Charlamgne got some explaining to dude.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning, every bud of your stee j Envy, Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club Lawn the Roses.
Speaker 3: Here, let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 1: From report.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Will recognized the voice from the name on the rest club.
Speaker 1: Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 6: So on Friday. Nicki Minaj dropped Pink Friday too, and we talked about it in here and Charlamagne, you had some comments that kind of went a little viral. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: Know what I hate?
Speaker 1: I hate that you know this album didn't have a bigger rollout, Like I'm mad that the album just dropped, like we knew it was coming out, but it's Nicki Minaj, Like I don't know.
Speaker 5: Who's who she signed to?
Speaker 1: Universal Still I'm not sure. I don't know who's signed she signed to. It's just like your Nikki needed and deserved.
Speaker 5: What did you want the records? Like she got records on this album? Like why wouldn't a single come out?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, why wouldn't a big video come out before the album?
Speaker 1: What I say wrong?
Speaker 6: You didn't say anything wrong. I think the debate online around this was do people just under estimate Nicki Minaj rollout or not? Is she a big enough artist that doesn't need to roll out kind of like what Beyonce did at that time where she changed the game. Or will this hurt her album sells now? The album that's been out since Friday. In the first forty eight hours, Pink Friday two broke a lot of records. So number one, she broke Spotify's record for the biggest debut of an album by any female hip hop artists. She's already projected to go to go number one on the Billboard Top two hundred at some point this week, And there are also reports by chart Data, and they normally do a lot of the numbers that Pink Friday two has now sold over five hundred thousand total units in the US.
Speaker 1: Five hundred thousand. I didn't see that.
Speaker 6: Now chart Data is saying one seventy one ninety. I saw as well too when the album first dropped, and that's what was projected. Chart Data, which I've seen a lot of people referenced when they talk numbers, says that she has now sold over five hundred thousand total units in the US, and this is because of Red Ruby, de SE's and all those other songs that had been out prior to getting on the album.
Speaker 2: I wonder how they do that because usually it's, you know, your album has to sell a certain amount, but your singles sell a certain amount for your single sales, right like your single could go go your single cold go platinum, but then your album is something different, So do they lump everything together?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So the report that what I saw that broke it down was because of like the Red Ruby, the sleas that what's that other song, the big song that's on the older song Uh, yn't know what song I'm talking about the sample. I don't know the name of the song right now, but the Oh No, there's another two songs on there that are older, that have been out as well that she put on this album, and because of that, it all goes into the overall streams and listens and buys or whatever for the album. So I don't know. All I'm saying is that it seems like Charlamage the Barbes came through.
Speaker 1: She did no once again, salute to the bobs. Don't let the record label take credit for what the bobs did. And now imagine if the record label had did a proper rollout. That's what I also, that's the other thing I said on Friday too. Don't don't don't leave it up to the artists and their fan bases on social media to just to just show up.
Speaker 5: You gotta do your job as a.
Speaker 3: Label that might have been there playing though we don't know if that was not.
Speaker 1: Imagine being a regor label and sitting back and saying, well, she got a coat, like following they're gonna buy as.
Speaker 3: Like a quote unquote surprise album. I guess I don't know, but it's still.
Speaker 5: This wasn't a surprise album. You've been talking about this albums.
Speaker 6: It wasn't a surprise. There was it was talking about the date was pushed multiple times. And one of the times it was push is because she says she wanted to do like the vinyl covers and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Exactly there was time. Did the vinyl covers come out and all that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that stuff is out here, Yep, that stuff is. That's one of the things people were quoting, like, well, she did have a rollout, I mean, but it didn't stop us. We didn't feel it, and that's what I think the comments were. But I don't know. We'll see what happens. I mean, I'm interested to see what happens with her in that top two hundred charts.
Speaker 1: And by the way, that's not the first time I've said that about rollouts. I just think rollouts are lost art. Like, you know, people don't do rollouts like they used to period, And it is because of Beyonce back in the day dropping that album S.
Speaker 3: Album You drop a bomb for Nicki Minaja, that's dope song.
Speaker 6: You were streaky to y'all. It was super freaky and revere super freaking because also that been out and been going crazy, so then you put them on an album and it goes.
Speaker 1: I saw Bob's posting multiple copies, so they're buying physical copies from places as well. So yeah, we know the Bobs are cult like following. But I just want to make sure that all systems are a goal at all times, and I want to make sure the record Lab was doing what they supposed to be doing for these artists, because the artists like Nicki Minad deserves a huge.
Speaker 6: Rollout, but we night have to know what went on behind the scenes. But either way, yeah, shout out to her. That's big. In other news, though two Chains was involved in a car accident over the weekend. He was in Miami for art Basil and posted video from back ambulance. We have a news report.
Speaker 27: Rapper two Chains was taken to the hospital after a three vehicle crash in Miami. This happened just after four this morning on State Road one twelve, not far from I ninety five. The ropper did post to social media in the back of an ambulance telling his followers about what happened. And in lieu of this crash, Miami Fire Rescue wants you to be mindful when you're out on the roads of your speeds, especially with Miami artwake Emma far since five to seven people were evaluated during this crash, but two Change was the only person transported.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I guess he was leaving booby trap and was on the highway headed backstory he was saying. And it seems it appears like a car hit him from behind because all of the injuries were on the front left driver's side. There's a photo of the car. The car is pretty biged up. But yeah, he was he was okay. He just he did suffer us some neck injuries and there were other cars involved in the crash, as you guys heard. So glad he's okay. But the biggest thing is that police think that the driver may have been under the influence that hit him. And you can imagine, you know, it's art Bozo of Miami about that partying.
Speaker 1: Yep. So just gotta be safe, two chains man. I hope he heals up if he's hurt.
Speaker 3: See, all right, Well that is your room for reporting, No chelamon, who are you giving that down?
Speaker 1: Two before after the hour, we need Shane A.
Speaker 5: Hudson to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a world with her.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: She is a she's a woman from Florida, and she's in the holiday spirit. Okay, but there's two types of holiday spirits and we shall discuss, all right, We'll get to that next. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Make sure you're telling them to watch out for Florida. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida.
Speaker 12: Yes, you are a Donkey's the Florida man attacked an atm.
Speaker 6: For Very Street.
Speaker 1: The breakfast Club, bitchy Donkey of the day with I don't know what yeh donky today from Monday, December eleventh. Let me make sure that's today. Go to a Florida woman named Shana Hudson. Shane is thirty nine years old and Hell's from the Great state of Florida. What does your uncle Shawla always tell you about the Great State of Florida. They're craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today is no exception. This is the season, okay, the holidays the most wonderful time of the year, but it's a season full of financial pressure, and I want to be the first to tell you to release that pressure. Be for real with everybody in your life about your financial situation, acc your wage. If you don't got it, then you don't got it. And if you keep that mentality, you won't end up doing anything the fairious to get it, because that's what happened to Shane and See. Shanea decided that even though she could afford to get her kids presents for Christmas, she decided those presents she already had, they just weren't enough. Shana wanted more, so she came up with what folks are calling a grinch like plot to get it. Let's go to NBC two News for the report.
Speaker 10: Police TV's tucked under the sheets, fishing poles and a pile of clothes, and nestled behind the dryer a basket full of bath and body works, Lee Kenny, Jeopardy's checking their list and counting it twice, finding nearly every single item Shanna Hudson originally claimed was stolen Lee Hiaker's home Monday night. She wouldn't explain why I first met Hudson on November twentieth. That evening, she told me someone broke into her home through a back window, swiping away thousands of dollars of gifts that she just bought for her kids.
Speaker 6: Hey, fishing poles, some clothes, about clothes for my five kids.
Speaker 28: All of it gone for story, then Christmas is ruined. I wanted my kids to have a decent Christmas. Ban Now then I don't have a Christmas at all because some thief came. Is so hard turn yourself in and bring us back our stuff so me and my kids could have a good Christmas.
Speaker 10: They didn't need to turn themselves in because deputies say Hudgeon had them the entire time, an anonymous tipster leading jeputies to a relative's home Monday evening and then the Hudson's shouse where they arrested her.
Speaker 5: They is you, they need to turn themselves in. She it was her the whole time.
Speaker 1: What's that saying, Oh, when you have a tangled weave, you will practice to deceive or something like that.
Speaker 5: Shana didn't have to do any of this. She already had presents.
Speaker 1: Okay, the reported stolen items she hid at another family member's home. There are people out there right now who can't afford to even buy presents at all. Okay, to lie about what happened to you, Shana, and take advantage of the system that is in place to help the less fortunate. Because there was some people who showed up for her salute to the Lehigh ACA's American Legion and the Sheriff's office shopped with a cop. They came through in the clutch when they saw you know, her story. They raised money and was able to you know, get her presence. So they did what they were supposed to do. They just did it for the wrong person. What's bad about situations like this is you potentially make it harder for the next person because they're gonna be even more strict and maybe even you know, hesitant to help folks because of what Shanea did to them. Not to mention, this is a prime example of this generation not being okay with not having and not being appreciative of whatever it is they do have.
Speaker 5: It's really that simple. Shana already had presence for her kids.
Speaker 1: You heard all of the things that they listed, fishing poles and televisions, but that wasn't enough because I guarantee you she was already thinking about how this is gonna look on social media. Christmas morning, she was thinking about the look in her mind. It wasn't enough. What she had wasn't enough. That's why greed isn't a financial issue. It's a hearty What does that mean? Okay, it implies that greed is not solely about accumulating wealth from material possessions, but rather a reflection of ones in her values, desires, and mindset. And Shana, your mindset, at least in this moment, was just devious and you can't even see it because greed makes you blind, and you probably don't even realize you did something stupid, because greed makes you foolish. And I'm glad they are using the term grinch like to describe Shanea because there are two types.
Speaker 5: Of holiday spirits.
Speaker 1: Those of us who are just filled with gratitude and loving the holiday season, and then there are those who are mad that everybody else is happy because they're not happy and they want to find a way to steal someone's joy. And most of the time folks aren't happy, it's because they simply don't have what they want during the holidays. If you don't have it just accept it. Be thankful for what you do have, even if that's just life, okay, and please don't think of evil ways to take what's not yours like Shana did. Please give Shana Hudson the Sweet Sounds and the Hamiltons.
Speaker 9: Oh no, you are the don of the day, all the day. Yee.
Speaker 6: What's wrong with fishing poems? Why the kids just can't get what they already had?
Speaker 1: Exactly, especially when you live in Florida. People like Shane and scared me though, because you're gonna get on TV talking about you need to turn yourself in knowing damn well as you. People like that scared the hell out of me. It's one thing to commit the crime, but when you get on television and tell somebody they need to turn themselves the knowing you're talking about yourself.
Speaker 5: You need to be committed, man, all right, you need to be committed.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that, Donky today, sir. Now, when we come back, Jasmine Crockett will be joining us. She's the US representative from Texas's texass Texas thirtieth Congressional district, and we're gonna talk to her when we come back, So don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ NV Charlemagne de goud. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Absolutely, we have Jasmine Crocket Welcome.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I'm excited to be here with y'all.
Speaker 2: She's the US representative from Texas thirty Congregational District, a congressional district.
Speaker 5: I should say, how are you just welcome?
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 3: So what's your job in politics? And somebody will say, well, what is Jasmin Crocketts job?
Speaker 9: What do you do?
Speaker 5: Black congresswoman?
Speaker 29: Yeah, that's what I am. No, I'm just kidding with that. No, So my job is to write the laws. We write the laws for the entire country. But beyond that, the biggest thing that we do is we hand out money. We are the ones and that's what we're not doing right now. When everybody's like, oh, the government is about to shut down. What does a shutdown mean? That means that we're about to stop delivering money. So we are supposed to appropriate all the money. So when people say, hey, we got to pay our taxes, whether it's corporate taxes, personal taxes, whatever money is, we actually collect into the treasury.
Speaker 6: We have to then disseminate that money.
Speaker 29: So when people are saying, hey, we don't have money come into our community, actually you may have money coming to your community. Question is what are the people that are in receipt of that money doing with the money? Right So, in a state like Texas, a lot of times we say, listen, Greg Abby, he not about this life, and so what we need to do is work around him. We need to make sure that those county executives and make sure that those city elected officials get the money, because we can't trust our governor to do what he's supposed to do as we appropriate that money.
Speaker 6: So a lot of times it's a combination.
Speaker 29: You know, most people want to show up for one race, right Like they'll show up for the presidential they'll vote for president, and then they don't show up for city council. Chances are somebody like me, I'm collecting the money and I'm sending it down and I'm saying, hey, this is what it needs to be used for. Or for instance, one of the great bills that most people haven't really zoned in on that the Democrats as well as the President signed into law was the Infrastructure Act. So we've all saw. We all saw what happened in Flint, Michigan. We all know what happened. We also know what happened down in Jackson, Mississippi with their water. So this administration, that Biden Harris administration said, listen, what we're gonna do is make sure we start addressing environmental injustice issues, whether it's the air, the water, or the soil, because it's literally killing people every single day that look like us.
Speaker 6: And so what they've done is.
Speaker 1: It's something real. Yeah, what you said just now is absolutely true. I understood what you said. How come Democrats can't say Flint, We're gonna fix the dirty water Flint. We're gonna make sure y'all got clean with Flint. We made sure y'all got clean water. This bill makes sure y'all.
Speaker 29: Got Now I agree with that they not doing that, But it is a combination of things, right, the presidential administration, they gotta do they part, but also congressional So when I show up like I've delivered millions of dollars to my community, my community is a majority majority minority district. So almost eighty percent of my district is black or brown, and So what I've done is we got the big fake chicks.
Speaker 6: We call all the media. They we do like keep it simple. I mean, seriously, you got to keep it simple, right.
Speaker 29: I bring my EPA administrator out and I say, y'all are getting his money because of this bill and because of the president and the vice president, and I tell them and we're doing amazing things. But the thing is we as members, we also have to carry some of that water because it's only so many places that the president and the vice president can get to, right, So it is a team effort.
Speaker 6: I just don't know that like we all get on the same page.
Speaker 1: I don't know we have issues by the ways that right there is such a simple thing a president could say or a vice president could say, so people can point to and say this is what the administration think. I don't even know all the minutia to be I don't need to know. Everything in there are getting.
Speaker 6: Cleaned exactly, that's it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 29: And the bill was like over a thousand pages exactly exactly right, Yeah, and you just need the top lines.
Speaker 3: So we spoke about the president. What's your thoughts on Biden?
Speaker 2: You know a lot of black people are not effering with them right now, not riding with them necessarily, don't even want to vote on them.
Speaker 6: It's stressing me out. It's stressing me out. Listen.
Speaker 29: It's stressing me out because you know, I have direct access to the president obviously, and I almost wish everyone could have a real sit down with the pre like a one on one and a real sit down with the vice president. I'm gonna be real because it's just one of those things that most people don't have access to. And I'm gonna be honest with you about this. Trump was amazing at propaganda. I mean, when we got the stimulus checks, they were delayed because he said, I want to put I want to put my signature on it.
Speaker 6: Now. Trump wasn't the one that said, hey, this is what we need to do for the people.
Speaker 29: It was the Democratic House, the Democratic Senate to pass the legislation. He didn't even initiate it. He just signed it into law, right, But he was like, this is a good opportunity. The problem is that it's exactly what you just said, Like, we need a president that's gonna go around and brag on himself. He needs to be bragging about the fact he and his VP who graduated from an HBCU needs to be bragging about the fact that they actually have given more money to HBCUs than Trump ever did.
Speaker 6: But you know what Trump did.
Speaker 29: He sat back, he took a picture with all the HBCU presidents. So everybody's like, oh, Trump gave no no, no, no, no, no. Let's let's be real about this. This actually was the result of a bill that will signed into law by a Republican, by a Bush and ultimately this was a reauthorization. In the reauthorization, he actually wanted to zero out the HBCUs. But a black woman out of North Carolina, my colleague almost she said, oh, this is not what we gonna do, and so she fought for it. She was able to get the money back in So once he signed it back into law, he was like, well, let's take a picture.
Speaker 6: Like we have to do some of the.
Speaker 29: Gimmicky things, the things that will allow people to see and visualize.
Speaker 6: But let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: It's just wax like when they kneeling down and can take cloth in Congress like that. Nobody asked that.
Speaker 6: I wasn't part of it, so.
Speaker 29: That you know what I'm saying, because I do try to have conversations. But back to the president, we have two options. We have one person that, hey, a lot of people say, isn't perfect. And this is what we do in this country is we are always searching for perfection, whether it's in our preacher at church or whether it's in our president.
Speaker 6: And the reality is that none of us is perfect. I promise you.
Speaker 29: While I believe that my district loves me, there are some people that definitely don't agree with me on certain things.
Speaker 6: That's just what it is in life. We don't agree with our spouses on.
Speaker 29: Everything in life, right, and so we don't necessarily have to agree with this president on everything. But let me tell you something, he at least is not a danger. My concern is the fact that Trump is an actual threat and danger to us, whether it's our democracy. This is somebody that sat back and said on day one, I'm going to be a dictator. Do we not understand what it means to have a dictatorship like in this country, in the land of the Free? And let's talk about like when we really look at his homies on the Republican side, we've seen the dysfunction in the Republican House we've seen what they want to do. All they have is chaos. And so until somebody comes at me and tells me, hey, this is a pol see issue that Trump is trying to bring forward. He ain't brought no policies to the table. He won't even debate because he knows that he doesn't have a stance. The only thing that he's trying to do is make sure he can stay out of prison. And listen, I can appreciate the hustle, I can, right, but the reality is that we have always been subjected to the prison system in this country and he.
Speaker 6: Should not be above the law. And that's the only reason that he's trying to get back.
Speaker 1: So I know, I mean, I get it, but you like, no, I agree with everything you said, but it's still the Democrats fault. And I'll tell you why. There's also a third option. The third option is the couch. You got Trump, the criminal, Biden the coward, and you got the couch.
Speaker 3: I'm a couch man.
Speaker 29: I argue that the couch means the Trump wins. Yeah, so I argue that, like, it may be three options, but we still we got two. Out of three comes up with Trump, and I think that that's a problem.
Speaker 2: We got more with Jasmine Crockett when we come back. Of course, she's the US represented from the Texas thirtieth congressional districts, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's to breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is dj NV Charlomagne, the guy we are to Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Jasmine Crockett, the US representative from Texas thirtieth Congressional district Charlomagne.
Speaker 1: Do you think Hunter Biden being indicted on the non new tax charges is political?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 29: I mean he's already listen, we know that he already had indictments that he was facing for basically the same thing. And what we typically do if I put on my legal hat is you work out a deal. You work out a deal when you say, listen, we will do X Y Z in exchange for this, and it cleans everything up. I never work a deal where I'm only gonna resolve one issue. I work it all out because who wants to keep having to go back and back and back or whatever. Now, granted, it was the judge that blew the deal up, which judges can always decide if they're going to accept or reject But I think it's the little disingenuous of the DOJ in general to say, all right, well it's a free for all, now you.
Speaker 11: Know what I mean?
Speaker 29: And this isn't you know, like George Santo's right, Like, for instance, this dude was like, no, I ain't taking your deal. Right, he had nine counts. So the AUSA comes back and was like, Okay, if we're gonna have to try it, then we're gonna try it. Bro right, So superseding indictment. Now you got twenty three twenty three counts. This wasn't that type of situation. You had someone who said, I am accepting responsibility, I am willing to do what needs to be done to fulfill the requirements and moving on. So I think that, you know, it's a little different, and I do think that it's politics, but you know, this is what we this is the world were living in.
Speaker 6: It's an election cycles.
Speaker 1: Them talking about impeaching Biden is definitely politics. Oh my god, they've said that. I forgot what you guys said it, but he literally said I'm doing this to be able to give President Trump or when they bring up is impeachment. Yeah, and see, I believe The problem is they normalize so much of Trump's criminal behavior that when they finally decided to take some action, it all looks political.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got two more questions.
Speaker 1: Do you think the Democratic Party is making the same mistake with Biden that they made with rbg.
Speaker 29: Oh, that is a very interesting way to phrase it. Listen, I'm riding with Biden.
Speaker 6: We have no other option. We have no other option.
Speaker 5: I mean, what running would be riding with Biden? How would you be calling for Biden this episode?
Speaker 29: I wouldn't be calling for him this episode only because literally, this guy has a great track record. Again, who's looking at fixing the water and flint?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 5: I agree with you, he the track record is dead.
Speaker 1: But can he win? And he win next year in the general election? Can Biden and Hiris win? Are they still a winnable ticket?
Speaker 6: I think they are. I think they are.
Speaker 4: I think that.
Speaker 29: We got a lot of work to do, and I think that, you know, we tripping if we feel like we got this thing in the bag. I don't think we should ever underestimate the power of Trump and his cult. We should never do that, right, And I also think that it's important for people that if historically felt like they were left out, ignored, or just taken for granted. I think it's important that we have the conversations with those communities and tell them that no, no, no, no, we are fighting for you. Like I just said, most people don't know six dollars a day and the Republicans trying to snatch it. You know what I'm saying, Like no, like we can do this, like don't do this to us right, like or the fact that you want to make sure that housing vouchers aren't available when we're dealing with a housing crisis in this entire country.
Speaker 6: Like, no, we are trying to fight for these things.
Speaker 29: And listen, if you let them empower, you may not have a roof over your head for show. You may not have food in your belly for show. So like, we are fighting for these things and it is a team effort. I think that what we do is we give too much power to the president. The president isn't a king. That's not what we have in this country. It takes an entire team. So I need people to understand that they need to research who is running for the state house so you don't end up with the George Santos because that was a democratically healthy and a Democrat.
Speaker 6: Needs to take it back.
Speaker 29: So like, I need people to say, yes, we've got the president and the vice president, but they can't get nothing done by themselves. They still need a Senate that's gonna work with them. They still need a House that's gonna work with them. And so we put so much focus on the president as if he is the one person that can do it all, and that's just not what it is. I need people to start putting some pressure on these members that are sitting in the US House as well as the US Senate and making sure that they're researching them and they're voting for the right candidates so that we can get the right team. Because last time we had the House, we had the Senate, and we had the White House. Everybody's like, why didn't y'all caintifi row like that? That's been like a major blast.
Speaker 1: Right because y'all had people.
Speaker 6: It was the Senate. The Senate was the problem, but.
Speaker 1: It was to all people constantly holding stuff up in the Senate cinema and now nobody flexed on either one of them. Donald I'm talking about Donald Trump would have had a nickname for both of them. Donald Trump would have been calling them out. Donald trum would have.
Speaker 5: Been putting pressure on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 29: But but but look at this, Cinema decided let me go in and not even try to pretend I'm a Democrat.
Speaker 9: No more.
Speaker 29: Right, So Cinema is not running as a Democrat. Her polling is trash, and so one of my Democratic House colleagues is running against her.
Speaker 6: Ruben Diego, he about to smash her like that. That is the plan.
Speaker 29: He's gonna hopefully take that seat. So now we got one Joe Manchin what he decided to do.
Speaker 6: Never mind, Yes, when he.
Speaker 1: Runs the president, I don't want to hear nobody that's a Democrat talks about him, because y'all didn't talk about him.
Speaker 6: I did, so you said nobody.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, but I don't want to. Everybody was tiptoeing around Joe for the most part. We can call him out when he was blocking every single agenda in the Biden administration. But when he runs for the president, everybody gonna try demon I'm not gonna hear a bad guy don't do that.
Speaker 6: Now, Well, I'm gonna be consistent.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hear him out.
Speaker 2: Representative, we appreciate it for joining US. Representative Jasmine Crockett, thank you so much. How can people follow if they want to follow you?
Speaker 6: Yes? So, my official accounts are at Rep.
Speaker 29: Jasmine R E, P J A, S M, I N E and my campaign accounts, which is where I do most of the tweeting.
Speaker 6: That is Jasmine for.
Speaker 1: Us now, Jamin, Congresswoman Jasmine is one of the dope ones. If you pay attention, she's one of the dope ones. You one of the people that I'm glad is actually in the position that you're in, Like people like you should be the future of democracy, but probably won't because we won't have a democracy.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If not, if y'all let Trump back.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's over a Well, there you have it.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Clubs Representative Jasmine Crockett, The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's d J MV Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We got Lorna la Rosa our special guest co host and let's get to the rumors.
Speaker 9: And I being here for.
Speaker 6: Report, I think a lot of people will recognize the boys from the name on the Reakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 6: So Brianni James. Lebron James soon made his return back to the court on Sunday after he UH after he suffered the cardiac or the sudden cardiac arrest back in July. So people were excited to see him play. This is his, you know, first time back on the court with USC. Now during the game, he scored four points, three rebounds to assist Too Stills in a block in sixteen minutes. USC did not lose the did not win the game. They lost to Long Beach State. People are just happy to see him up and move in and all that. But then again the conversation comes in of him being Lebron James' son and he didn't lead the strongest in his game.
Speaker 3: Well, he's a freshman. This is his first game back.
Speaker 2: He got to get you know, into you know what they're doing, into the practice, into the oh, this is his first game back. I don't know what people expected, but he only played sixteen minutes. He's I'm sure he's on limited minutes. But you did pretty good.
Speaker 5: He looked pretty good mentally and emotionally physically.
Speaker 1: Just for him to get back out there after what he experienced I'm sure is you know, helping him to get over a lot of hurdles. Give the brother.
Speaker 2: I think people expected Lebron, you know, and you remember Lebron at eighteen was playing in the league. He averaged twenty one points in the NBA. But yeah, but anybody has a different path.
Speaker 1: Lebron also didn't have a second cardiac arrest correct that put him down for some months. Give him a minute, you guys. Some audio.
Speaker 6: I want to take a listen to the audio.
Speaker 22: Two.
Speaker 30: I just want to say I'm thankful for everything Male Clinic, everything they helped me, with my parents, siblings supporting me to this. It's hard time in my life. Yeah, I just I just I just want to give appreciation to everyone's helped me for this.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 30: Also also my coach, my teammates, all my other coaches have been with me since the since the start. Yeah, I just want to be I just want to say I'm thanks, thankful.
Speaker 4: Phil sell Us.
Speaker 21: The cord you want shot, sprint the court on the trail, feet down, knock down.
Speaker 9: Ship.
Speaker 1: I hope Briannie remembers too. He's gonna be rich regardless because I'll be damn if I let you niggas on social media stretch me to hell out talking about me. But I just hope they get don't put too much pressure on yourself, Bronnie, You're gonna be good regardless. Just please keep that. Gonna do everything in their power to try to break you. Okay, and these Caucasians too, because of who your daddy is.
Speaker 15: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They couldn't break bron so they're gonna try to break Briannie. You know he didn't stay focused, young man.
Speaker 6: It's nowhere around it, no matter I would hate to be. And he's named after is that.
Speaker 5: That's like a lot of pressure. But stay focused on men.
Speaker 6: Well Jonathan Majors. Moving on to the next room of Jonathan Majors.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 6: They were fourth day in court and his ex actually took the stand to talk about some text messages. We hadn't known about these text messages since the filing happened in October, but she actually broke down on the stand trying to get then we have a report for this as well too, No we don't. Okay, well, I'll just break it down. So his ex scot on the stand, and what the DA was basically trying to establish was the fact that there was a physical confrontation that happened where allegedly Jonathan Majors harmed her, and in these text messages, she's saying things like, well, john the Major's number one, is saying to her that he was afraid for her to go to the hospital because if she went to the hospital, they would ask her questions and it would lead to an investigation. And that's in no way protecting them or protecting us, as Jonathan Majors put it in these texts. In the same text he also said something about something just being fake. There's no context as to what he responded to there. But then there's also a response from his ex basically telling him. At this point, she was in a lot of pain in her head. There was some sort of head ain't injury, and she reassured Jonathan that she wouldn't blame him for anything and wouldn't mention that he caused the injury to her head, but she needed to go get some stronger land. She broke down crying. The DA had to finish reading the text messages. So it's looking not so good for Jonathan based off of these texts, because if you guys remember in the beginning, they played these texts off as they kind of like downplayed it where it didn't They try to make it seem like it didn't show any physical abuse or anything like that. It was just him having a conversation about she needed to kind of get herself together before she went to the hospital. But this is showing that, like he was basically telling her like, don't go. He was afraid of what police may do for what reason though, But people have to what has to be established, right, Yeah, that's what has to be established. But it's just I'm just thinking if I'm his attorney and the way that we let in back in October and.
Speaker 5: Now, is that based off the situation that he's on trial for.
Speaker 6: Yes, So this is basically yes. So basically this is a conversation after the whole alleged physical altercation happened where she wanted to go to the hospital, but he was telling her if you go to the hospital, it may lead to an investigation that doesn't protect us. But she was like, my head is hurting and I need more pain pits. So what do I do? So it's just how do you clear that up if you are Jonathan's attorney, Like, because now you're admitting even if hey, you know she started or whatever they're alleging, you're admitting. This is kind of like admitting that there was a physical alsocation of some sort and pain caused by him physically, which they said didn't happen.
Speaker 5: We're gonna find out because his lawyer's got a counter.
Speaker 6: Well, God bless him. His year started off so different than this.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is your room will report now when we come back. We got the People's Choice mixed. Get your requesting.
Speaker 3: It's a Monday.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody is dj n V Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laur on the Roads, our special guest co hosts with us today and again, salute to your bub ass cowboys for winning this weekend.
Speaker 6: That hurts you so much.
Speaker 3: But my team ain't nowhere near it.
Speaker 5: So I'm exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm as well.
Speaker 6: You know, he came here with cowboys out fit. You gotta you're gonna take a picture today.
Speaker 1: Nope, because I waited all the time, I got so much cowboy private familia. I am a lifelong Dallas Cowboy fan got it from my daddy, and we're going to the super Bowl. This ship?
Speaker 3: Did you book you for?
Speaker 22: Like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I'm actually looking into it this week, I really am.
Speaker 6: You don't want to like wait like one more game, nah.
Speaker 1: Because even if even if we don't make it, I can still sell the tickets if I wait until the week of the Super Bowl or something. Whatever I'm gonna pay now is gonna be triple quadruple, especially for Cowboys, So I might as well just go ahead and buy them now and then when, you know, if we don't make it, I could just sell simple facts.
Speaker 3: I can't say my Giants is gonna be there.
Speaker 6: But you know you can still go with Charlamagne though.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's no fun.
Speaker 3: You wanted to.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go to the Cowboys weren't there. M hmm.
Speaker 6: Im sure it's performing.
Speaker 5: I can watch that on TV. And I went to the Veggas resident.
Speaker 1: We'd be a right all right.
Speaker 2: Well again, congratulations to the Lakers. They were the first NBA nd season tournament this weekend too. They beat the Paces one twenty three, one oh nine. And when we come back, we got the positive note. Don't move us to Breakfast Club. Good morning, morning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here. This weekend was warm, but it was rainy. It was like sixty degrees on Saturday and Sunday, and.
Speaker 6: It's been raining and raining and rainy. The hoody was soaked this morning day.
Speaker 3: Hoodie was soaked, soak, so.
Speaker 6: So and it's white and it's, oh my god, I just can't with y'all, like, that's certain things I miss about La.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, well it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Well you got a positive note.
Speaker 5: I do, man, and I got this from the Healing Guid. I love the Healing Guid on Instagram.
Speaker 1: If you ever looking for like a site that has a lot of positive affirmations, the Healing Guide is one of them. But the Healing Gud said, if you erase all the mistakes of your past, you would also erase all of the wisdom of your present.
Speaker 5: Remember the lesson, not the disappointment.
Speaker 6: Breakfast Club, you don't finish for y'all done.