Speaker 1: How's it going, man, I'm good man. How you doing, I'm doing good. How does it feel to be a lizard?
Speaker 2: It's great, man, I like the hands. Yeah, it's an honor to be here. I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I'm a huge fan of you. I'm a huge fan of you. You're the can I tell you. You're a guy who I always look at. I'm very inspired by you. Like when I see you like zooming around, I'm like, man, that looks fucking sick. I'm inspired by how you are able to help these people. Thanks, man. Yeah, what has been the most persistent thought on your mind lately? If it? If I want to do serious stuff? Yeah, if I want to do funny stuff? Yeah, which direction I want to lean in? Yeah? Are you? Uh? What's driving you towards each what's driving to make funny stuff? Then? What's driving you to make serious stuff? Funny stuffs more marketable?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You can put funny stuff on t shirts and ye can go on World Star Hip Hop Twitter and everyone will comment the crying emojis on TikTok. But the serious stuff takes something from you. It takes a lot out of you.
Speaker 1: Really, do you get like emotionally exhausted on the serious stuff. But do you look back at it and you're just like really glad that you, like you went to these places? Definitely? Does it ever feel like not real? Like you will go and you'll film, like when you went into your film in Ukraine, and you look back on the place, I feel like it didn't happen, Or do.
Speaker 2: You really I've been dissociating steadily, you know, struggling with associations since I was like twelve thirteen, since I started smoking weed in middle school. I think, and uh, yeah, everything feels a bit surreal, But I actually feel more alive and more real the more I put myself like on the pulse of news events and what's going on, because it provides a level sense of grounding.
Speaker 1: Does it feel more real because it's happening to everyone at so you kind of almost folk you're a part of something.
Speaker 2: I think being a journalist, like a frontline journalist, is like an antidote to dissociation and derealization. Really, you're somewhere, you know, like Ukraine or something, and you're there and you're seeing stuff going on, and you're working, and then you check your phone or you check Instagram, and everyone's posting about that, right, So you are there, You are real.
Speaker 1: That makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: Actually, in the timeline, a shared timeline and a shared space with other human beings, independent minds interwoven into the same timeline.
Speaker 1: Of course, you feel like you're part of the thing that everybody is. You're on a wedding ball with others. Whereas if you have a you know, like a corporate job or kids you don't like, then you sort of feel like you're living in a surreal Truman Show style infinite time warp. Do you like to spend a lot of time like by yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm an only child with divorced parents, so some of my earliest memories are, you know, throwing a ball against the wall as fast as I can, trying to get top speed. But yeah, you know, when you're an only child, you have.
Speaker 1: To force yourself to spend a bunch of time alone.
Speaker 2: So I do like to spend time alone, but I'd rather be with my best friends than alone.
Speaker 1: Do you consider yourself an introvert versus versus an extrovert? What's your take on that?
Speaker 2: Well, I would say that I'm an extroverted introvert.
Speaker 1: There's a do you ever hear the word ambivert. I heard it once.
Speaker 2: When I heard that, I was like, that's a great I used to date someone who was into astrology. Yeah, okay, moon signs cycles and whatnot, and I was described as a Taurus ambavert.
Speaker 1: When you, uh, what's what's your sign? Taurus? Yeah? Okay. So when you like go on the website and you're looking at all the things that it says that a Torus is supposed to be, do you look at NGO that does sound like me? Or is it? Yeah? Charismatic but stubborn. Charismatic with stubborn, likes to eat but not too much. Okay, that's me. What do you like to eat?
Speaker 2: Panda express? The two entrees in one side. I like orange chicken and the specialty item, which is honey walnut shrimp. But the thing is, it's got to be hot. Off is skillet where the kind of flaky golden stuff on the outside starts to melt down and it becomes disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's annoying. They actually charge you with like seventy five, like a dollars seventy five extra for the honey walnut trimp.
Speaker 2: Honey walnut shrimp and Angus pepper steak or premium charge of one twenty five love.
Speaker 1: I go to Pan Express all the time. I'm three to four a week. Really, yeah, what is the breakdown? You get the honey walnut shrimp and then well.
Speaker 2: If I'm really feeling myself, I'll do the honey walnut shrimp and then orange chicken together. But that's an unhealthy combination because they're both covered in you know, sugary sauce. So if I wanted to really do the right thing, I did brown rice and super greens. For the entrees, I'd get a split of kung pou chicken and orange chicken because kung paw is very vegetable dominant.
Speaker 1: Do you eat healthy? I have at times. I used to be like.
Speaker 2: A paleo guy. I did the paleo diet in college. I lost forty five pounds when I was a freshman in college just off of paleo lifestyle. Almonds, kale, you know, raws, salmon, white claw.
Speaker 1: When you're zooming all over the place and doing your thing, and like, you know, when you were on the RV and everything, were you how were you were you eating healthy or was that even like was what you were putting in your body like secondary to like the work you were doing.
Speaker 2: You know. I think the time in the RV was the ultimate descent into unhealthy you know eating habits. Yeah, because it was so many different gas stations, and you know every gas station has the same stock basically, Yeah, of course. So you know it went from you know, trail mix and beef jerkey, and then it just gradually went to pork rynes and pop tarts, and then it got to the point where I was eating like pickles in a bag and too ketos and.
Speaker 1: You into tornadoes. No, what's that? I think it's the off brand ta Keto. Well it's the same concept. Yeah, same concept. It's like meaty, cheesy thing wrapped in a what is that? What kind of bread is that? You know? You know the thing that I really like about being on the road is that you kind of have an excuse to eat shitty. Yeah, so you can justify the shitty food choices that you make a little bit more than when you get home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if you're in Oklahoma or one of those you know, barbecue states, Yeah, it's a rite of passage to eat barbecue, you know, But if you're eating mac and cheese and baby back ribs, you know, twice a day.
Speaker 1: For more than a few days, you can develop diabetes. Yeah, I'm scared about getting diabetes because I definitely I eat the way that, Like, it would be unfair if I didn't get diabetes. What do you eat mostly I eat? I eat a lot of Pana express. I almost exclusively eat out, Like I don't have any plates or forks, or do you like uber eats or do you like the experience of being waited on? Well, uberries is just like it's it's unsustainably expensive because every eat meal is like forty five dollars. Yeah, how much do you tip? The drivers typically typically tip like, you know, fifteen twenty percent. I'm a fifteen percent guy too, because I used to actually, you know, ride my bike around when I was living in New Orleans and college and I was in Uber Eats bicycle career, you know, and they never tipped me anything, but I used to ask them for tips when I dropped it off. I want to ask you something in your in your personal life, when you're like just talking to people, do people ever like think you're like, oh, are you doing the thing where you're interviewing me? Right now? Do you people say that to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that like my interview style, which is just like agreeability and like trying courage a deep dive course, I do that in my day to day life. So sometimes people feel like they're on the show. But my eyes are the cameras.
Speaker 1: Which came first, like the the the did did the things like this agreeability in your conversation? Did that come before or after you you were interviewing people.
Speaker 2: I think it came way before, you know, because you know, when I when I was twelve thirteen, I wanted to, like, you know, I grew up in Seattle, so I wanted to smoke weed every day, but I would feel that my mom would catch me if I was anywhere where I could be seen by the public. So I would go under bridges into train tunnels, which I now realize were mostly you know, like heroin injection sites, and I would just get high on weed while users of other drugs got high on their drugs, and I would just talk to them for hours stone listening to the tragedies and triumphs of kind of like dejected people in that way.
Speaker 1: So you were getting your hours in even off camera, of like talking to.
Speaker 2: People are like, how do you withstand listening to such crazy shit all the time. I think that I've always sought it out because I'm interested by it.
Speaker 1: Do you are you motivated by the idea of like being eighty years old and looking back on your life and being like, we fucking did it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Definitely, because I want to have grandkids who are like watching videos of you know, myself when I was their age and being like, Wow, my grandpa was freaking crazy. How cool would that be? Because I don't have videos of my grandpa. All I have are you know, old pictures?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna have kids? I want to have kids real bad. What's a good age for you to have kids? You think eight twenty eight, that's coming up. That's like three that's like three years, three years away.
Speaker 2: But that way you can still connect with your kids, you know, like my parents have me when they were twenty five. Yeah, we're pretty close, whereas I have friends with super old parents and they couldn't be further from each other.
Speaker 1: But do you feel like you'll still be able to like live the kind of lifestyle like what you're living now, like with you when you have kids? Because I feel like you can kind of do whatever. You can bum around and like go places and like you're kind of you're free until you either like go to jail or you like get somebody pregnant and have a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that you put it that way, maybe I don't want to have kids because that would limit my freedom of movement.
Speaker 1: Or I could just get a sick ass caretaker. You could get a sick as stakes.
Speaker 2: If I became like a millionaire or like a multimillionaire. If I keep going that way, I could hire like a super sick ass full time nanny. You could, you know, but then the kid might realize that I didn't like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, take care of it while I was crying and the infant stage, and just develop like a long term resentment.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: My dream is I want to be a divorced dad and like, you know, I get custody like every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Now whenever you want to be a divorced dad, yeah, Do you want to be a cool divorced dad is like let's go to game Works and six Flags? Or do you want to be like a dejected sort of alcoholic bus stop.
Speaker 1: No, I'll be a cool divorced dad. Yeah, Like I'll like fifty to fifty that way, Like, you know, you have your on time when you're with the kids, and then they'll go to their mother's house and then yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Could see you being a super cool divorced dad.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Man.
Speaker 2: What kind of stuff would you want to do with your kid? Like, how would you show the kid that you're cooler than his mom?
Speaker 1: I would, I feel like I wouldn't be competitive like I would. I would want to have a good relationship yea with the mom. I wouldn't, you know. I think I would want them to you know, I would try to talk to them kindly and positively, and I would want them to, you know, grow up to do that to other people. It's a boring answer. I should have said something like six flags.
Speaker 2: Or no, that's going to be a crazy life. Like Dad, what were you doing when you were you know, before I was born? Yeah, you're like having a lot more fun, Like I'll shut her up like a lizard and talk to people with stuff to say.
Speaker 1: You want to take some phone calls? I'm down.
Speaker 2: This is such an awesome concept. Ye, So for those who don't know, thus far, there has been no caller audio, but it's being fixed For an update, we just talked to our homie Kyle. He's at the gym Beautiful currently and he's calling in Cairo. Can you tell us a little bit about why you're calling in today?
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 5: So basically I've been watching show for a while and I've been having this question in my head. So basically, my girl and I've been together for about a year and a half. You know, everything's great. I love her very much. You know, everything's fine, But this is one issue is that she doesn't give your head and I.
Speaker 6: Don't know to do.
Speaker 1: When is the last time that that happened.
Speaker 5: Like like she didn't want to give me.
Speaker 1: Head or option too?
Speaker 5: Oh uh.
Speaker 7: I mean it was like a month to or ago maybe, but it was more like I asked for it and then she didn't even you know, she didn't even like want to do it.
Speaker 5: She just kind of did it because I kind of asked. But I don't really ask like that, Like I don't bother her, you know what I mean. It's just like, you know, sometimes I just want to be pleased just the way I please her, you know.
Speaker 2: So just curious, what are your favorite things about your girlfriend? On the positive note.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I mean a bunch of positives. Well, she's very independent. First off, I've been with other relations ships where girls are very dependent and it's like very toxic in a way. So she's very independent. She's she's very studious. She goes to college and stuff. So I mean at the end of the day, she has a plan for herself. And I feel like that's what I you know, I love her about her most is that, Yeah, independency, I guess mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: And you say that I just want to be you say that you you say that you give her head as well? How often does that occur?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man, I mean, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: I'm more of a pleaser, so I do it often. I mean basically every time we either do it or every other time. I mean we and we do it pretty often. I would say weekly. This is a girl will be like joking about it. Well, I mean we have sex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ok, Sorr, I just have to clarify that. Well, well but yeah, I mean like so, well, well, let's cayrol. If you're a pleaser, wouldn't yeah, would you want to be probed? Wouldn't you be happy just pleasing? Why do you need this in your life. Why do you feel like you need this to be an added part of your sexual experience? Hmmm.
Speaker 5: Good, it's a good question. And I've been asking myself that too, because like it's I feel like it's very selfish of me, you know, like that one thing is just like that bothers me, you know, and it's like I don't know what I do about it. But I mean to answer your question, I guess the way you feels. I mean, like I guess like, yeah, sex is cool, but honestly, like I like had more occasionally, I'm not gonna lie. So yeah, it's very very weird talking about public sitting right now, but like, yeah, just be straight up. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for being so honest and open about this. Do you think that maybe you know, she is not doing that because she wants you to sort of progress and advance your your life in some way. So maybe that's awaiting you down the line as some kind of reward for you after you make developments in your physique and career.
Speaker 1: She wants you to earn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's sort of a subtle indication like hey, kay, Cairo, you got to step it up and you'll know that you've hit that level when you know in return you receive what you've been asking for.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: I mean, I do what you're saying.
Speaker 8: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 5: You know, you're saying like maybe I'm not maybe I'm not doing enough, or maybe I'll maybe she's not pleased with me. But honestly, like that, I don't.
Speaker 9: Think that's the case.
Speaker 5: Like I asked her why she doesn't do it, and she just basically says like she doesn't enjoy it, Like even before I got with her, she's had previous boysens and she's like she just was really never into it. And I mean, I mean, I don't know if this comes to the topic of why she doesn't. But she told me like she's also by and she doesn't like she basically hates men except for me, she told me. And I get that. And I mean, like, it's not like she doesn't do it, like oh my gosh, she never does it. It's just like I don't feel like she just doesn't want to or I don't know, it's very hard to explain. I just want to see what your thoughts on it. Maybe I don't know, I don't want to break up with her, but like, if this is going to be a problem, even if I want to marry her, you know, like, yeah, I don't want to be miserable, you know what I mean, like long term, long time. I'm thinking long term.
Speaker 9: I'm young. I'm only twenty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so in college, you know, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Were you going to tell them, majem?
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, I mean, you know, some people don't like Chinese food. You know, some people don't like some people prefer different types of food. I mean, if it's not her thing, man, it's not her thing, it's not something that she enjoys, then you're probably not going to be able to change that. And you know, I can't tell you what you know what to do, but it doesn't necessarily have to be sexual or anything. But if you're super bummed about something like that and it's not gonna to change, then I mean you might have to move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean you were had him go through at the very beginning of this, all the positives of the relationship and all the other things. So I mean, look, relationships are a constant give and take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if it makes you feel that bad. And you know that that's pretty telling, you know, if it makes you feel like roommates to have a roommate. I used to have a roommate who never washed the dishes, and so you know, I moved out because I didn't want to make a short chart.
Speaker 1: So you might have to move out or make some kind of chart.
Speaker 2: Don't make a chart, yeah, I mean, I mean I might.
Speaker 5: I mean to imployment a chart. I mean, I don't know how.
Speaker 6: About that I was.
Speaker 1: I was not being remotely serious about the art. Definitely, definitely do not don't make to make a chart. Don't make the chance.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I mean I've probably been like maybe like a like a schedule.
Speaker 1: Of no no no, no no no no no, that's okay, we're vetoing the schedule.
Speaker 2: I would not suggest sharing a Google calendar document with certain days with the egg plant emogi on them.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Avoid that.
Speaker 5: No, I use the I'm more of a banana Moji type of guy.
Speaker 6: That egg clap.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, kyro, is there anything you want to tell the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, I didn't even expect to be on I swear like this is just a problem I've been having for months. I've been listening to your podcasts for so long. I just want to see what you thought. But for the people, I mean, like you get said, if you need to move out, you need to move out. I guess that goes with any uh situation in your life. If things are not going your way, you can either stay there or you can just pack your bags and move out and see better things. I guess you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we hope you make the right decision. Kyron Cairo, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tyrol, thank you, and Andrew. I love you man, Uh love your videos and love.
Speaker 1: You take love you guys, love you too. Wow. He was so kind. He was actually you know, warm warm my heart a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because it's so interesting that people call here that vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's like, oh my god, no one does that to me, really they do.
Speaker 1: But you know, I got to.
Speaker 2: Put myself in the right position in person, you know, to just call a line like this, knowing that there's you know, how many people watch this, uh.
Speaker 1: With the podcast it's like a few hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, ye that takes some confidence, so shout out to him.
Speaker 1: Interesting. So do you feel like it's uh because well, here we have the anonymousness, and it's a way different situation, like because the people that are calling, they're like they're on their own home base. They're like laying in their bed at their house, like their their names and their faces aren't there. But like you know, with what you're doing when people you have the camera and they're like on the spot. Do you think that he used a fake name? I don't. I don't some of these guys, I don't know if it occurs to them to use a fake name. That's what I would do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that I think about it, if it was a fake name and I didn't give any like super obvious details tipping people off that it was me, if they knew me, I would call here and to shut out. So now that I get it, it's kind of a dope concept.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like the I mean it's quasi anonymous because you know, people can't give them but they give a fake name.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: And I feel like the anonymous has definitely empowers people to like be vulnerable a lot more. Should we take another one? Hello? Hey, hey man, you're on the show.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, this is so exciting. Hi, Lyle and high Andrew.
Speaker 1: How you doing, man, how's it going? Man?
Speaker 6: It's it's I'm in a situation right now, but it's better now that you called.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us a bit about the situation that you're currently in?
Speaker 6: Okay, long story short. I was leaving town and my car started making some weird noises and doing all this mechanical stuff. So I turned around to go back into town to drop my car off at the place I had it recently worked on, and I explained to them everything. And I lived three hours away from this said town, you know, so my only rescue is my uncle right now. And I called him if he could come and pick me up, and he's like, okay. And I think that was about an hour and a half ago. And the shop closes at six pm, and so I gave the mechanic my keys, and I said, all right, I'm away in my car. So I waited my car and I fell asleep and then oh no, oh man, and they they locked the yard up. So I'm locked in here. But it's okay though, because I'm on therapy.
Speaker 1: Jeto, you're locked in the yard, and is your uncle still? I kind of got lost a little bit with the timeline. Is your uncle on the way or did he miss you and you have to spend the night in the yard.
Speaker 6: He's curling on the way, and I'm gonna have to jump this barbed wire fence and go on about the rest of my night.
Speaker 2: Is it barbed wire or is it razor wire? Can you take a closer look?
Speaker 6: Let me see, let me look at It's okay, it's jumpableth it's simple.
Speaker 2: Well, if if you're worried about scraping your hands or knees or whatever, take the carpet from under your feet where you sit when you drive, Take your carpet from the floor of the car, throw it over the barbed wire so you can grab on and use the leverage and just vault yourself over.
Speaker 6: Oh definitely. And if anything, I can dig under it.
Speaker 2: If I would not suggest digging a hole or tunnel under the barb wire fence, it might take you a long time, you know.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you have food and water? Man?
Speaker 6: I actually have a whole case of water in my car because I use that to work out after work during the week.
Speaker 1: Lucky, lucky man. That's convenient.
Speaker 2: Well, man, I hope that your uncle comes in time. It's a good thing. That's you know, non electric, non razor barbed wire.
Speaker 1: Use that carpet.
Speaker 6: Find your I'll find out if it's electric or not goth.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer or to me or Andrew before we go.
Speaker 6: Yes, definitely. I would like to say that I am the first Navajo to successfully call into therapy, Get go.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. Are you in a New Mexico or Arizona right now?
Speaker 6: I am in Arizona. That's where I reside.
Speaker 1: And what is the closest are you off? I forty?
Speaker 2: I am? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I well, I am. I forty is about forty five miles south of where I reside.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're on the Arizona side. Oh okay, you live north of ice forty. So do you live?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's closer to your house? Flagstaff or gallop?
Speaker 6: Gallop is closer. But I went. I drove all the way to Farmington, New Mexico, which is three hours away, because that's where I had to work done on my car.
Speaker 2: So you're stuck. You're stuck in northeast Arizona right now?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, yep.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 2: I wish you the best for real Take Care of GOS.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I am appreciate your show so much. It's really helped me with my depression. And also, Andrew, I really enjoyed Channel five. I just recently got done with the hell Satan episode.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. What are your thoughts on those Satanists in that video.
Speaker 6: I believe they can do whatever they want. Anyone can do whatever they want as long as they positive.
Speaker 2: That's a wonderful message spoken like a true Arizona libertarian.
Speaker 1: Take care Goth, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Fuck Deven.
Speaker 1: Man. He really like called the perfect person. You gave him practical advice on how to get out of there.
Speaker 2: Well, because I've once you said he was NAVO, I know the boundaries of the reservation. Yeah, so I just thought about where he was, because if he's off I forty, you know, at like a quick trip or a you know circle K or pilot flying Jay, he's not stuck. Yeah, so he's probably in like a small talent on the reservation.
Speaker 1: What did you tell him to do again? You told him to take the carpet out from his car and wrap the barbed wire in there. Wrap the part of the barbed wire that you plan to vault because that's smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just makes it so you don't cut yourself. But barbs aren't too bad.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to know how you learned that. If you had to jump a lot of barbed wire in your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, just periodically. It's not like I go around, you know, doing an illegal parkour or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Right, dude, do you have your as that ever fucked you up?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you can get tetanus from the like rusty barbs if it's an old fence. But yeah, I mean, barb barbed wire is easy. It just sounds scary.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm happy you were able to give him like a practical So a lot of the times people call in here and I'm like, listen, I'm happy to talk you through being locked in a in a auto yard, but I don't think I have a practical solution for you. But you gave him a very practical solution. Yeah, he seemed, uh, he seemed stoked to that guy's that was awesome. Yeah, fuk with him. Yeah, let's talk to Gabby from DC. Gabby from DC, Hey, Gabby.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Gabby?
Speaker 3: Mem Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Gabby either Andrew either?
Speaker 1: Awhile, what's up?
Speaker 3: Notesn't much, just just chilling at home.
Speaker 1: How are you guys doing good? We're doing good. We're hanging out, it says here, Gabby, Gabby, can I can I tell the people what you told the call screener?
Speaker 3: Yes, of course.
Speaker 1: It says here that you recently ghosted your dumb What does that mean, Gabby? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I was in a dominant sub dynamic and yeah for about three months. It was kind of my first time trying it out. Cool for the most part, but I definitely ghosted the guy a couple of weeks ago. So I don't know, I feel I feel kind of bad about that. I feel like I just should have been upfront.
Speaker 1: But out of curiosity.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the whole ghosting thing, how does one go about meeting another person to involve themselves in a like BDSM subdom situation.
Speaker 3: That is a great question. There's a lot of people on tender actually, and uh, that's where I met this dude. And yeah, like his profile was kind of sketchy, a little bit, not gonna lie, but you know, like he gave me a Snapchat and we kind of just started talking there and he was like, yeah, obviously, you know, I hate for someone from my work to like find me on here or something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, can I Is there anything about his profile in particular that set off like red flags of sketchiness, you know.
Speaker 5: In retrospect?
Speaker 3: Not really, but I guess initially, you know, when people don't have like pictures of their faces at all, and their pictures it's kind of like, oh.
Speaker 6: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Did you have a pictures of his face? No?
Speaker 3: Not, not on his tender Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So you gotta start talking. What was the first time that y'all hung out?
Speaker 3: We hung out actually, like we talked mostly like over text and on snapchat for about like three or four weeks, so it was a while, Like we chatted a while before actually meeting up, and yeah, eventually met up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 2: First time was fun. You know, you guys had a good thing going for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 8: It was cool.
Speaker 3: It's definitely something new. Yeah, Like he has like a certain specific set of rules for like subs, like entering his house, which is like a whole thing, like but yeah, it was it.
Speaker 4: Was cool, it was gone.
Speaker 1: Can we get the lay down on the rules? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I gotta take off your clothes at the door, and everything is yes, daddy, no, daddy, Thank you daddy. And I mean those are pretty those are pretty much the basics.
Speaker 9: I would say.
Speaker 2: Now, is there some sort of punishment that's inflicted if you break this code?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of them more like I guess, humiliation type punishments like doing jumping jacks naked or you know, something like that.
Speaker 1: You know that is humiliating, It actually would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine you're somebody's like, you got you're pissing me off, take off your clothes and give me twenty I'd be like Jesus Christ, Okay, so I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun for a while.
Speaker 2: What prompted you to just decide to just ghost this dude as opposed to giving him a courteous goodbye?
Speaker 3: I think like over like the three months that we were hanging out and talking like and maybe I should have been more upfront about this myself and retrospect, but there was just a lot of give on my side. I feel like I wasn't receiving much in the war, you know, what I mean, Like it was just like, oh, good girl, and like that's cool, Like that's always wanted to hear. But you know it's I'm like, you gotta get you know, some more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. Reminds me of the first color that we had. Yeah, it was talking about how he wasn't you know, definitely he didn't feel like he was getting what he was putting into the situation. Definitely did you try to ask for like a little bit more out of it?
Speaker 3: I did, Like initially I was like, hey, like, you know, don't I deserve a reward for this or whatever?
Speaker 1: You know? Is there like when you say a reward when you say, is there like a specific thing that you wanted him to do that he wasn't doing, not.
Speaker 3: Even really specific, like I would say, like I don't know, Like I don't know, maybe I get to maybe we get to do it in like a position that I prefer something or like that, like you know, being a sub like you're I'm down in like I'm I'm excited by like kind of stretching my limits and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, sometimes you you want to like also, I don't know, like, no, I hear you, So I have your own desires met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we've established that he wasn't really holding up his end of the of the bargain in this situation. So what truly makes you feel bad about ghosting him?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: Why does that make you feel like something that you regret?
Speaker 3: I feel like I think that if I like it's I don't know, if I were more were vocal and maybe had like this whole conversation with him that like, you know, we probably could have remedied the situation or figured out, you know, how to how to like change things around, you know, or maybe have some different rules or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, it's it's kind of hard, like when you're when you're a sub part as part of you, like, no, that's not my place in the like subdom dynamic to like back up about what you want. Yeah, that's a hard way to It's a hard thing to maneuver. Yeah, because you have to be like end scene. Yes, you have to be Yes, you have to be like let's take out of let's get out of this for a second. I need you to dominate me this way, okay, three two one.
Speaker 2: Because being a sub doesn't mean, you know, being submissive in.
Speaker 1: A healthy conversation, of course. Yes, of course, there's got to be a point where you're.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, we're done with our whole subdom thing, Like can you can you just be less of a dick?
Speaker 1: You know, it's a hard it's a hard it's a hard thing to man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you're supposed to say, like shut the fuck up. I mean like you're just don't say anything to me.
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, it's really slowed down. Yeah, it's over. We stop doing this, we stop doing the thing. Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, I feel like the people, like I feel like people in that community they have to have the ability to like, Okay, let's step out of our roles for a second and like talk like adults, get everything on the same page, and then we'll go back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the BDSM people are like the most hyper aware of that kind of stuff, of.
Speaker 1: Course, yeah, because they have to be Communication, yeah, is like the key for them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do think that, like the subdom thing, I mean, I don't know anyone who's had that going on, but it seems like it could work.
Speaker 1: You know, that was healthy communication. Are you going to. Okay, So now that you've got this guy, Gabby, are you going to like go back out and try to find a new domb or are you taking a break?
Speaker 3: You know, like I do want to get back out there. I'm definitely gonna try that, and yeah, hopefully this time around. I don't know, like I think now that, like I've been talking to you guys about it, I realized that we never had like those breaks.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, you should. You should have had this conversation. You should have had this conversation. You definitely should have listen. You know, I'm curious when you say ghosted, Like how many times has he texted you now to novel?
Speaker 3: About seven times? And I just I just have not responded?
Speaker 1: Did do you? Is there like because you have okay, so you obviously care about this. You obviously feel like a weird sort of moral conflict because if you didn't, you would you wouldn't even be calling us right now. So would reaching back out to him settle any like anxiety going on in your brain about the situation or or do you just want to move past it?
Speaker 3: I think I just want to move past it. I feel like if I reached back out now, it'd be like, you know, like what the fuck like it's been. It's been a couple of weeks, so I don't think I'm gonna like yeah.
Speaker 2: I like to give you a piece of advice on this, because obviously, if this guy is going out seeking some seeking these kinds of arrangements, he should probably know where exactly things went wrong so that he can be a better dumb to other people in the future. So if I was you, I would I know it's a getting probably awkward, but this is the healthiest thing to do. You don't have to do it is text him and say, hey, man, you know I'm sorry that I've left you on red seven times. There was a lot of points in our in our arrangement where I felt like I wasn't really getting what I wanted out of it, and I felt like we should have had a better conversation. I had a great time hanging out. For the time being, I feel like doing my own thing now. I hope you have a great rest of your life. Let me know if you're any sort of urgent circumstance that you really need to talk to me or something, and I'll be I'll be here for you.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Yeah, what do you think about that, Gabby?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think I could definitely send something like that. Yeah, I think I might do I think I might just do that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that you should.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think it would make you feel better, and I'm sure that it would make him feel better because the problem with ghosting is that there's so many unanswered questions. Obviously, you know, you opening up to us, we understand, you know why that happened, but you know he's probably in the dark thinking like, holy shit, what did I do? You know what I mean, Like, why does this person hate me?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He deserves some clarity as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's a cool guy. I don't I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can send that text and then just block him, like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Gabby?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you do you feel like in the future you'll kind of like, you know, start to adapt a little bit more communication with the people that you, you know, uh, engage with in this in this way?
Speaker 3: Definitely? I think, like maybe because it was like my first time trying something like that, I didn't really know like, oh, can I like speak up really about this or you know, does this always have to be this way, so I think like moving forward, Like I don't know, I I definitely you know, see myself like having those conversations up front.
Speaker 1: You know. Well, Gabby, thank you very much for being vulnerable with us and taking us through the situation. Is there anything that you want to say to the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Love you guys, chat and love you Lyle and.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Thank you, Mat, Thank you so much. It really appreciates you opening up to us and coming on. Take care, Gabby.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Wow, Gabby was really cool. She was really cool. It's really sick. Yeah, I'm I'm I love a call where like I feel like we all we all learned something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I learned, especially too, Like I'm a I'm a pretty confident person and you know, my job is like talking to people all the time. I'm super good at being upfront and being like this is how I feel, this is what I want. But there's a lot of people out there who are afraid to, like you know, really express their needs and once totally just kind of let things sit and hope they figure themselves out. And like I understand that, Like obviously those kinds of people don't like confrontation, so they want to you know, keep things smooth. But I think it's always healthy to just like figure out how to address something.
Speaker 1: Do you, like, do you date people or are you too like focused on on the career and.
Speaker 2: What I'd like to you know, but my I guess travel schedule, you could call it, the job that I have makes it hard because you know, like I'm constantly moving around and I'm always gonna put.
Speaker 1: Like that right now.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, down the line, I think it'd be pretty sick to have like a monogamous wife type relationship.
Speaker 1: At some point in my life. But yeah, I do date here and there. Are you on like the Tenders and stuff like that? Not really on Riyah.
Speaker 2: I actually recently got accepted to Rayah, and I just like went on to see if it was like real deal celebrities. I was hoping it would be like the the Beebers of the World totally, Carlie raid Jepson totally. I don't even know what that is. But Lana del Rey like Anne Hathaway. But it's just like a you know, senior marketing advisors from Miami, and like, you know, I guess that's like the girl equivalent of like a bitcoin crypto guy.
Speaker 1: As a as a advisor, just someone who has manages and represents influencers. Is there like a type of person you're looking for, or like the type of person you feel like you jive with well in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh, like like city people. City people, Yeah, like people who move fast, think fast, confident city walkers.
Speaker 1: Do you want someone who is like you or somebody who's like a compliment to you?
Speaker 2: Probably a compliment because like I'm a pretty chaotic person.
Speaker 1: You want someone who is a little bit more, someone more.
Speaker 2: Grounded and centered, but also like has it like a lot of endurance for like Shenanigans because you know we're switching states every couple of days.
Speaker 1: Of course, you know, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's hard to date someone who goes from like a Trump rally to Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Right, someone who's like on board with you, but like you know, when you're like that, she'll kind of be like, hey remember.
Speaker 2: Someone who like really does their own thing to where I can be stoked as well. Total total I'm like, that's sick that you did that, not just like compliment.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, yeah, I really don't prioritize dating though. Are you a guy like with with Gabby. You gave hers like a great you gave her like a.
Speaker 1: Great thing to text that guy. Yeah, and you're with your friends and like just the people you know in your personal life? Are you you the guy people go to when they have something going on?
Speaker 2: And just since the rise to whatever, like viral fame, Yeah, over the past couple of years, I've dealt with a lot of manipulators and really shitty friends and partners and everything. And just like people manipulating, you know, people treat you different and they do different things to you know, feel like they can control you. You have traction and stuff going on. Yeah, So I've just developed different strategies to like, you know, end things or start things on a good note. So like I just know like what to do in that those kinds of situations.
Speaker 1: So being the subject of like, you know, people manipulating you because of like the rise, has that changed your trust level sort of?
Speaker 2: But I mean I look at it as a positive because it makes me realize, Okay, who are my actual friends who's like near me?
Speaker 1: For clout That sounds dumb, but that's why. No, I mean it's a thing that just.
Speaker 2: Naturally my friend group has tightened up a lot to where like I spend a lot of time with my two best friends. Of course I don't have like five groups of best friends in different cities like I did when I was twenty two. Yeah, I have like five to six close friends, and so I don't really deal with that kind of stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: But it was that.
Speaker 2: Middle ground where I was like exploding in popularity online while trying to have a normal life.
Speaker 1: Things were more difficult. And you work with your two friends, Nick and Evan, Yeah, what's your relationship like with them?
Speaker 2: I mean they're just you know, day to day best friends. Yeah, you know, they helped me through everything. I help them through everything. But yeah, I mean we lived in the RV together, and you know.
Speaker 1: Is it like because a lot of the times it's like really hard to like work with people who are also your like your genuine like good friends. Is there ever any like conflict or anything?
Speaker 2: Only because we're so in sync and we do things on our own terms like totally, you know, I mean, are.
Speaker 1: The roles pretty heavily defined? Everyone knows what they do.
Speaker 2: The interviewing, and like I have the final say on the edits typically like Nick is like the best music scoring person. Ever, he's also like really nice with the cameras and just like visually gifted Evan's Evan's sort of like all in one, you know, because Evan doesn't really edit, doesn't really interview, but he helps just to write them out with everything and also like manages things on like the business and scheduling side, because that's kind of like where he's oriented. But like, yeah, it's a good team. I wouldn't want it to be any bigger or any smaller.
Speaker 1: And so I remember reading somewhere like one of them is your college friends, Yeah, and one is your high school friends. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Evan and I went to high school together in Seattle. Yeah, Nick and I am met in college in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: And then did you take them and kind of bang them together? And now they're best friends as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're definitely best friends. Nice, it's a three way best friend just triple triangle?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it hard when you have to like work with people like outside of the tight we.
Speaker 2: Have a couple of people like our homie Nate, like we trust a lot. Yeah, there's definitely people our friend Kendra, like, there's people who we work with are like solid.
Speaker 1: But it's a small network.
Speaker 2: Because it does because it should be small totally don't need that many people around.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like when I'm used to like giving good advice for like ending thing, Yeah, like I.
Speaker 1: Know how to trim the fat because you've had the end. Yeah. I used to work for.
Speaker 2: A giant media company, but doing things media, of course we had to separate and I had to I had to send I had to, you know, send a lot of text messages like that.
Speaker 1: You know, so you're not you're totally comfortable with you can have You're good having hard conversations, Yes, definitely nice. That's it's an important skill to have. I feel like a lot of people want to just speaking up at the right time and being like yo, fuck this, so what the trust thing? And like, you know, knowing, you know, trying to figure who your real friends are. Like, I mean, obviously you've been all over the world talk to all sorts of people. Do you think people in general are good? Yeah? You think the default person has a oh definitely, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean to suggest otherwise would just be like so nihilistic totally. I mean I do think that like everyone has you know, really has a bad side to them, you know, And there is groups of people that are more aggressive than others and more hateful than others. But I think it generally, especially if someone becomes comfortable and they're in their element, they're a good person. I think there's people that get into unfamiliar environments, like imagine like someone from you know, Southeast Portland. Yeah, getting like dropped in the ozarks, right or Rice versa, It brings something out of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would just be.
Speaker 2: More combative, more aggressive, because you know, uncomfortability breeds hostility. You know, if you're in like a tight spot, you're just like you lash out because you're like, oh I feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I think most people are good. So is there any type of situation because you've been in all these situations, is there anything that like does make you uncomfortable? Just like racist shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that, of course, something about that, like you just like I can I can listen to a lot, but I cannot agree or like level with someone who's like on their like N word shit.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had somebody like just really going at it like that into the mic and you had to pull away? Honestly?
Speaker 2: In those moments I keep the mic there. Yeah, because I got to show the ignorance. Yeah, of course I can't withdraw on the eleventh are you.
Speaker 1: Are you fightings back like saying something?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because of how I was raised around a lot of different, you know, types of people, like when when white people get really racist, I just can't. It just makes me so mad. But yeah, I don't do it that too much. But yeah, that that shit pass me off for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey do you want to take more calls? Yeah? Sure, talk to Liz. This is a cute one. Liz.
Speaker 8: Hello, I didn't think I would actually get through.
Speaker 2: You have a very kind voice here, might be of a kindergarten teacher.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 8: That makes me very happy.
Speaker 1: You just made my night, Liz. It says here that you have a habit of stealing plants off of your college campus grounds and then gifting them to your professors.
Speaker 2: That's not a problem, No, it's not.
Speaker 8: It's actually really wonderful. Okay, So I'm a biology major. I'm actually graduating tomorrow, which is crazy. But I love plants so much. I feel like they're very underappreciated, and whoever does the landscaping in my college does an awesome job. So whenever I see a biology professor who does not have a plant in their office, I just borrow a plant from campus and transfer it, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think that colleges are grossly overfunded, just like corporations are. So I think that by stealing from someone like a large university or like a Walmart, you're actually creating jobs because the absence of the foliage will cause them to hire more landscapers, just like if Walmart is missing toothpaste, they will, you know, just place another order at Colgate.
Speaker 1: It's a drop in the bucket.
Speaker 2: And the delight that you're causing your professors to expec experience it's more important than any sort of financial loss your college could take.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: I like that justification.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, now I've got a question, Liz. Do the professors know that the plants are stolen from the campus.
Speaker 8: A couple of them? Do I waited for like the last minute too, to tell them that a couple of the plants that gave them were not mine originally.
Speaker 1: Do they ever have a problem with there? Are they ever like I can't accept this on those grounds?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: No, because I tell them by the time they've grown like kind of emotionally attached to them. Because I encourage everyone to name their plants. I think that just really establishes that, like this is mine.
Speaker 1: Now. Is that the most illegal thing you've ever done?
Speaker 8: Ooh, that's a good question, thank you. I don't live a very dangerous life.
Speaker 1: Think high school?
Speaker 8: High school?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Is that one time?
Speaker 1: No? Like driving? Okay, you egged a house?
Speaker 2: Was it a random house or was it the house of an enemy?
Speaker 8: So I was at a sleepover with a bunch of girls. I was on like the volleyball team in high school. So this is what we did every year for like team bonding, And then we did drugs as a team too, and did something bad?
Speaker 1: Which which drugs did you do?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about, you know, doing pharmaceuticals out of your parents' medicine cabinet? Are we talking about heading downtown to score some smack?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: No, we're just talking about like terrible week?
Speaker 1: Okay, bad weed? Are are you? Are you from a state? Where? What state are you from?
Speaker 8: I'm from North Carolina?
Speaker 1: Okay that that that adds up in terms of bad weed. HM. So so do you have any do you have any desire to like get into danger like is danger like does it call out to you at all? Or are you perfectly happy living without it?
Speaker 8: You know, I think I do want a little bit more of a thrill in my life. I think I do, like objectively, like I guess like I'm not afraid to say things or just ask in a very authentic way, which kind of gives me a thrill sometimes. So like, as a side note, I have this condition that makes me faint all the time, like I passed out, and after passing out and in front of enough like three hundred percent lecture halls, I just like don't care anymore about many things.
Speaker 2: And it's wonderful, absolutely, And I'm sure the professors are just delighted to receive these plants. So I think that honestly, you should keep doing what you should, keep doing what you're doing. I think that on the moral totem pole, you're doing more good than harm. And Liz, just keep racking those plants, keep making professor's days. Congratulations on graduation.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have to totally prepare for that tonight.
Speaker 10: I neglected to do that, Liz before we go, do you have any like the people out there who maybe hear this conversation and are inspired by you and all the joy that you get out of plants.
Speaker 1: Do you have a recommendation for a plant for like a first time or someone who's like, man, I'm really inspired by Liz. I want to get a plant. What plant should they get? Liz?
Speaker 8: Oh, okay, I know exactly. Okay, So there's a plant, like, it's a hawthornyon plant.
Speaker 2: Say that one more time. Hawthornia zebra zebra. Okay, Hawthornia zebra.
Speaker 8: This thing is so hard to kill. Like I've had one of them for like eight years now, and it keeps on propagating and it's kind of overwhelming actually, because now I have multiple hawthornious zebra plants and they're all propagating at the same time, and I really just can't take as many baby plant.
Speaker 1: Thank you, beautiful. I feel like we're gonna I feel like at some point I'll get a DM from someone who's like showed takes a picture of their plane, like I bought a hawthorniy and zebra plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to improve somebody's air quality and mental health in the chat right now. Well, thank you for calling, Liz. Thank you so much. Bye bye, what a nice person. Yeah, she was super cool. Fact that she's doing something so misdemeanorish and she feels bad enough to call in for the for moral resolution.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. Do you do you have a plants? Do plants?
Speaker 2: I always get plants, Like I become plant guy, like a couple times a year. But then I leave town and my plants always die.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So every I've gone to like nurseries here and spent like four hundred bucks freshest like ceramic pots, sickest plants, and then I'm like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Take care of you, you know.
Speaker 2: And then I go somewhere and I end up like on the East Coast for a month, and I come back and it's just like a plant graveyard.
Speaker 1: But what kind of plants do you typically get when you get plants?
Speaker 2: Dude? I just basic ones, A couple of ferns.
Speaker 1: When you get when you get a plant, what do you like looking? What need are you looking to fill with the plants?
Speaker 2: I like sort of a you know, wide plumage, you know, sort of hanging hanging plants. I like when they drape down from the ceiling and make my walls look like they're covered in ivy. Yeah, good amount of money.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. Hey, you're on the show. Where do you think he is right now?
Speaker 9: If you make a.
Speaker 2: Guess, Harrison's at the grocery store. He's ordering raisins. Do you know that you're on the show? Is this a pocket dial show?
Speaker 1: You're on the show? Brother a bunch of people? Hello, what's up man?
Speaker 4: What's up man?
Speaker 1: How are you doing good? See your question?
Speaker 2: Says Harrison from Ohio wants to ask Gek and Andrew if he should continue to use shrooms and acid?
Speaker 1: Can you tell us about that?
Speaker 4: Yes, I would love to talk about that.
Speaker 8: I I did a.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second, Harrison, Harrison. Can you hear me? You can hear me? Harris Harrison? Am I are we on like the cars speakerphone or like a speakerphone or something like that.
Speaker 4: Catch I'm outside right now? Is that better?
Speaker 1: Okay? That's way whatever you just did way better?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: Bet?
Speaker 1: Okay? What you were sorry? You were you were explaining, you were explaining to us your question. You know.
Speaker 2: It says here that you're twenty two, your name's Harrison, You're from Ohio, and you'd like to ask us if you should continue to use acid and shrooms.
Speaker 1: Can you explain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So throughout the week, I'm usually working and I usually kind of average on doing like a tab tab and a half every like two days, and at night just tripping my balls off off some good shit. And I don't know if it's fucking with my brain because I've been having these weird dreams lately, and I'm on the medicine to help me with the dreams, but it's fucking weird and I don't know if I continue to bounce it out or uh.
Speaker 2: Uh, what type of medicine are you taking to cope with these dreams?
Speaker 4: It's like a one milligram of it's pros and I just started on I need to look at them, not prozac. It's like Prosian. Honestly, if you look up like the only the only like pill that can help with like nightmares or some ship it's just that it's like one till I don't know what specifically called. So uh yeah, it's just makes me have these weird dreams.
Speaker 2: So what happens in these nightmares that you're describing.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not really like nightmares. They're more just like like it kind of like manifests into my daily activities, like like my day from like the last whatever, Like I'll just have dreams about that and it'll just be like a weird like you like weird shit I'll see throughout the day, Like I don't know. It's like I'll see I don't even know, Like it's it's basically like a story like gone wrong, like throughout the day. It's like a fucking car crap or like like just some weird events and I don't know how to interpret that.
Speaker 2: Well. I would say this, like, you know, when I did a lot of those kinds of drugs when I was super young, and because of that, you know, a lot of people know that I have something called HPPD, which is hallucinogen persisting perception disorder, so that I have permanent, you know, visual problems like visual snow and floaters and tracers and such from not abusing just using a bunch of shrooms at a young age. That being said, I'm not anti drug or anti psychedelic. It just affected me badly. I know that it's a rare thing, but I would say, man, it's it's pretty much a no brainer. If you want to ask me, if you're experiencing If you're doing a tab and a half every couple days and you're experiencing nightmares to the extent that you have to take a prescription medication to deal with them, I think it's a good time for you to slow down, if not, go cold y on the on the acid tabs and see if you're dreams dream schedule adjusts to to to that change.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 4: I've had those thoughts already. It's just like I kind of have the addic mindset where I'm super just like fucking hooked.
Speaker 2: On it, like you're I'm gonna keep it real, you know, and this is this is a therapy podcast.
Speaker 1: But you are not addicted to LSD. You might be addicted to that.
Speaker 6: We'll not addicted.
Speaker 4: It's just like I know, you mean, I know it's not addictive. Maybe so I smoke with it too. So sometimes it kind of like chains and like I'll be like super trip and ball like even off the like heavier ship.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you are you using are you using it to like cope with something in particular that you can peg it to.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't even I mean I kind of have some trauma, but I ain't like doing it to that extent. I don't know, just something like all my buddies went to the army and ship, so it's a little bit like solo.
Speaker 2: You're just super bored, you're hell aboard and you miss your friends. So you're tripping out because it's it's it's giving you something to do, man, But you gotta stop. You gotta stop doing it though, man, because realistically, you know, LSD doesn't have a chemically addictive component, so you don't actually have You're not gonna have any kinds of like withdrawal symptoms if anything. You're just going to be super bored and kind of irritable because you're used to that routine. But yeah, man, if you're having nightmares, dude, I know it's gonna be hard. But the advice that I'm giving you is just straight up you got to cut the tabs out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of come to terms with that. I've already tried to quit, like multiple times. It's just kind of fucking hard when you don't have to do honestly I need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it's going to bring up, is like I feel like if you want to wean on, this is like a feeling, got a classic like whatever drug thing like if you want to get rid of it, you got to replace it with something that's like positive. Can we like, is there anything if you have any hobbies or like anything you can think of that you you you know that you do that. Maybe you want to like lean into more, like like do to a sport and art anything.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just got along with a new job and I'm fucking loving it, just compared to some other shit. I think that might be helping them to like settle off and just focus some money. Oh they're going on a fucking target for a little bit, but it was just boring, monotonous. But I'm doing like a turf building installation with a bunch of buddies, like traveling ship. So I think maybe that routine can help me. They do that, like I've already kind of come to terms. It's just I don't really this is an addictive part. I guess my personality that hooked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha. So you guys, so you it sounds like you're getting along well with these people that you're building this church with. It sounds like you fuck with them.
Speaker 4: It's a sucking turf building oh, I.
Speaker 1: Thinks a church. Okay, you're doing aid. I was like, what's going on, man.
Speaker 4: Crazy building on baseball field and.
Speaker 1: You're installing a.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I don't. I mean, I'm not. I'm not. I'm not disrespecting your plan.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that focusing on money is going to make you stop doing acid.
Speaker 1: But I don't. I don't think it's you. You said, you said, you said, you kind of mentioned money as an aside. You said that you like like this job. Is that true? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like you get to see a progression. I guess, like you're actually building something.
Speaker 1: Okay, word, so you you're enjoying the actual process of installing the astro turf because it gives you a sense of accomplishment.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it comes with a payment weekly, So it's kind of nice to.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, it's rare to like your job.
Speaker 2: If you can enjoy installing AstroTurf, you've already won the game of life.
Speaker 1: I will. I will sign off on that.
Speaker 4: Actually, well, guys, I appreciate I think I got a lot of shit from this. I think I'm gonna definitely quit this ship. I already come to term and just I can't talk to my fucking parents about this. It'll be tripper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely cannot talk to your parents about that.
Speaker 1: Any Any final words for the computer.
Speaker 4: Harrison, Uh, I would probably lay off the assid if you're younger than like eighteen or fucking I probably would just wait until you're like, yeah, twenty one or something. Don't it bucks with your like psychology and ship basically it definitely alters your brain, bro.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but yeah, I'll just get out of ice.
Speaker 4: Fucking love people and fucking love you and you call hands peeks out.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, take care brother. I think he may have had a few beers before that clime. I I liked him. I like, uh, it's again, it's like it's a rare thing to enjoy your job. He seems like he's having fun with the these his buddies and ship. Yeah, you seem like you have something you have to say. It's just like, just don't do that. Just don't.
Speaker 2: If acids already fucking with you, yeah, just stop doing it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like, do you contell Like, I know you you did a whole bunch of drugs and stuff when you were younger, But do you do you still do acid and trums. No, no, I don't do any drugs. Now. Do you smoke weed? No? You didn't drink? No, I drink you. Now, how often do you get people being like, well, Andrew, were you like high when you were like coming up all the time? So annoying. I'm not anti weed, I'm not anti anything.
Speaker 8: I just like.
Speaker 1: The the annoying thing is, you know, I get high and stuff. But the annoying thing is when people are like, I have this weird assumption that you like can't be funny or creative without like drugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, that's real, like bird brains shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that drugs early in life make you a cooler person. You know, pretty much all of my friends, you know, abused alcohol and drugs before the age of eighteen. I think it teaches you a bunch of stuff early, and you go into adulthood like a true soldier.
Speaker 1: What did it teach you? I don't even know. It's hard to explain.
Speaker 2: Just like the dark side man addiction, dependency, tragedies, triumphs, you know, partying, losing friends, buying drugs, selling, you know, just the world that you get yourself into, hanging out with the bad kids early on, watching people throw their life away before they become adults.
Speaker 1: And when you were sort of in the depths of this how old are you, like, like really youngineteen sixteen.
Speaker 2: Fifteen sixteen would be when I was heaviest into that, like world, do.
Speaker 1: You remember start of the darkest thing you saw during that time?
Speaker 2: Just man, just people losing their mind. One of my best friends lost his mind on acid and you know has been homeless ever since. You know, people dying.
Speaker 1: From drug overdoses.
Speaker 2: You know, people getting kidnapped by their parents and shipped off to desert school in Utah and you never see him again. You know, your parents crying because they find you know, pot stuffed in your mattress.
Speaker 1: And experiencing all this, I assume is what sort of led you to be totally sober now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I drink and have a good time. I'm like a straight edge guy. So it's like I would never do drugs just because I did it all before, not at all. I've never done like heroin or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I've never done shrooms are acid before, but I really want to should.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think if you're in your mid twenties, right, Yeah, I'm your age. Yeah, Okay, you're at the age where you should definitely do it. I mean I think that like mid twenties are a great time to try strooms and acid. I mean, how cool would it be if I didn't do those things and now I could, like you know, go to Joshua Tree and like eat it eight the shrooms.
Speaker 1: With like my two best friends. Yeah, it would be sick.
Speaker 2: I just think that, like I kind of like missed the mark, but I had a lot of fun doing it early on.
Speaker 1: But now do you when you say like how far would we do? Now? Like do you like are you talking about like taking shrooms and like having that be like like with all the stuff you've done all the like to like be in that mind space to reflect on all that.
Speaker 2: It probably helped me unpack some uh some deep seated questions and heavy shift that I haven't encountered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I have. For a while, I've had like resistance to that, but I'm getting to a point and like, you know what, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: If you smoke a ton of weed, yeah you can handle like some shrooms.
Speaker 1: Does it just feel like being really high?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It has more of like an intellectual spiritual component. Sure, and it's hallucinatory. Yeah, like I imagine like you're you ever greened out before on weed?
Speaker 1: I think I think I've experienced something.
Speaker 2: Pot without the like overwhelming anxiety. Okay, you're just really high, but you know, you know what you're getting yourself into, so you're not like shivering or puking or anything.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done MDMA? Yeah? Is there is there any relation? Is there any relation in the fe No, I don't have to take an empty man. That's why I'm asking does it feel anything like? No? Okay, I mean it's four at times. Yeah, the euphouria, I'm like, is there a similar eufouria?
Speaker 2: Yeah, similar euphoria, but there's the come up is also insane, Like you know, when you're coming up on MDMA, it feels like the Earth is like meeting the moon.
Speaker 1: Sure, Like I don't know a good way to describe.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, grab, you're just like, I don't take that shitty that.
Speaker 1: Actually I did MBMA in Las Vegas in twenty twenty. That was it. It was awesome. It was great. Yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 2: But like Molly's that kind of thing where it's like, dude, I'm good for a while.
Speaker 1: But you probably have people like assuming I guess, like fans or of assuming you're on drugs. I mean I am tripping all the time, right, Yeah, Oh, I mean I guess like that you just like still, but it's like I don't do drugs, but I'm permanently you know, fried from drugs. Yeah. Does that have like does that affect the interviews at all in any way, Like, are you like ever tripping while you're like talking to someone or like at a really like inconvenient time.
Speaker 2: No, because it's constant, Like you know, I have shrowm like visual ship, so it's I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's constant. Oh oh, I thought these were like I thought they were like, what is it flashbacks?
Speaker 2: That's like acid, that's like because acid gets like stored.
Speaker 1: In your spinal cords.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like crack your back and I have just like just like okay, you're right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's not like it's some crazy it's like the majority of my life now I've had like TV static. It's actually not that annoying really, yeah, because it's just it's just how I see.
Speaker 1: Is it kind of like being blind. I mean it's like you have static like covering a little bit. It definitely impairs like site mm hm for sure. Whatever though, Man, we're fucking here. We're fucking here. Look at us, man, some geckos. We're a couple of geckos. Yeah, but I do want to do more for the HPPD community. Uh. Oh, that's that's the Oh are you you're in a community of people?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: I mean, but I know that it's out there, and like I know that a lot of people with that condition see me as sort of like you're the guy a hero because I like overcame that and I know that's with that being debilitated, you know, and people have you know, took their own life over this shit. You know, this is a sad thing, and I don't have it as bad as some people have it.
Speaker 1: Do you ever, Like I assume you haven't really made any video or content or anything like where you've like really gone depth about it.
Speaker 2: There's this group called the Perception Perception Restoration Fund or something like that. Yeah, they're producing a documentary about HPBD and they asked me to step on as an executive producer. So I'm definitely going to do that and like, cause there's a lot of kids that are like me when I was when I was thirteen, Yeah, thinking that they're having a psychosis and going crazy, but they're not going crazy. They just have a cosmetic visual issue. But it feels like it has a bigger dimension. It's just a visual processing problem. It's a lot of people think that they're like losing their mind and it's going to get worse and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That's great that you're finding avenues to like take on the issue and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's something that I went through, so I figure at some point in my life, I got to do something to help because I didn't really have anybody.
Speaker 1: And it also feels like the kind of thing that when you have it, you like don't like it. It's rare, so you're like not like you're like, oh fuck, this isn't happening to anyone else. I'm completely alone and shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when you're fourteen to fifteen, and like, you know, there's two camps of people in your life. There's the parents who were like you could never talk about doing drugs too, because they'd shame you. Then there's the kids who do drugs who don't want to talk about the negative aspects of drug use. Like imagine trying to tell your hippi friend that you have you know right, you are right.
Speaker 1: Either of your parents who hate drugs or your friends that love drugs, you don't want to talk to you.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing now when you think about modern drug science, because there's two camps of drug scientists. There's people who work for like the burning Man Foundation, who are trying to do like ketamine therapy trials, who are right, you know, psychedelics are the answer totally MDMA will solve PTSD. Then there's the people who are like Mormon Vibes, who are like, you know, like doing research about how weed will destroy your you know right mind and make you schizophrenic. So it's still that's why HPPD is so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did it. So you said it didn't even happen like from from extensive use. It was just just use, early use early Okay, how old were you when you first did it? Thirteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's like just using those powerful drugs while your brain is developing causes issues issues.
Speaker 1: It just does.
Speaker 2: But you know, who's going to do a clinical trial on a thirteen year old acid head.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know. Yeah, Well, like I said, it's good that you're becoming like I feel like, do you do like any like people out there, like celebrities or like not oble people who like have it?
Speaker 2: Or you the person listed on Wikipedia who has this thing?
Speaker 1: Me and a fictional character from the True Detective show. Oh shit, But I.
Speaker 2: Mean there is tens of thousands of people who have this, if not hundreds of thousands who don't realize they have it and just think that, you know, they're insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it must be really rewarding, like when you have the opportunity to like speak, Yeah, it's to be pretty tight.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out how to do it in the right way without alienating a large portion.
Speaker 1: Of my Well, I love what you told the previous caller. Yeah, you know, he seemed like he was receptive to it too, for sure. I just don't like that whole like, I mean, shout out to him. I just don't like, I don't like that vibe. Really, I'm just like, I can't stop doing acid. It's like, come on, Doug.
Speaker 2: Like some people are hooked on heroin, you know, and they or people are addicted to zenex they take five bars a day and if they were to go cold turkey, they would die like withdrawal sentems. Yeah, so it's like, don't say that you're addicted to LSD. You're addicted to the fun that it gives you. But it's just like like there's a point in which where it's like b A G like like you know, I know it's the therapy get goo ship, but with that kind of thing, it's like come on, dog, Like you know, sometimes.
Speaker 1: You do no no, I hear you say it's there, but sometimes you do need to say to someone like yeah, come on dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a true therapist would like unpack it and unpack it.
Speaker 1: But it all falls upon that.
Speaker 2: But Bro, if I don't stop doing, ask what the fuck am I gonna do? Bro, I'm gonna be so boring. You can get really into asses.
Speaker 1: That guy he's gonna start his own astro turfing business. Dude, he's stoked about astro I know, I know when you said you've already won life, he truly has already won line. You know, if you don't need to go, if you can enjoy just doing AstroTurf and you don't have to go all over the world, and you don't have to like hang it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, shout out to him.
Speaker 1: How are you, How are you feeling awesome? Yeah, dude, it's it's great to it's great to have you in here. Man, it's cool. It's cool. Why because I know, it's it's cool watching you, Like, it's cool having you in our space doing your thing, like it's awesome. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: I just want to, you know, re emphasize like I'm not anti psychedelic. You know, I really think that they have the power to like transform your life and you know, rewire your brain, change your brain, like for the positive. I just had a negative experience that drastically, you know, impacted my life.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna blame you if they do acid, They're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Be But I'm sure that's you know, it's such a tough one man. It's like religion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, you just can't tell.
Speaker 2: People shit if they really think that like d MT is like the spirit molecule.
Speaker 1: You can't break through to these people. I'm a little bit like I don't want to have like I guess this was another sort of resistance to psychedelics was like if I'm gonna have like some sort of epiphany or some sort of like light thing, life changing thing or analytic analysis of I want. Does it feel less It almost feels like less real if if it's on drugs, absolutely, like I need an assist to do it.
Speaker 2: Like, think about the idea of like Buddhist enlightenment. Think about the fact that monks meditate their entis you just sat there and they sitting there trying to be as introspective as possible and astro project throughout the universe and just sit there hoping to break through to this point of enlightenment, and they a lot of times can't do it.
Speaker 1: And then you got someone with a d M T pen at Venice Beach almost feels like a trip that almost feels like a cheat code. Who tells you that he just talked to God, Like you talk to God? What did he say?
Speaker 2: Is he asking you to ask me for five dollars?
Speaker 1: Doesn't make sense? It's I I understand the idea that you know when you think of like like you're saying that the monks who were sat there and like really tried. It's like and they and and then you have the guy with the DMT pen who's like, I talked to God and You're like, it can't be that easy. Yeah, you have to like really sit and try. Why did he talk to you and not those monks? You know? I would you ever have you done a bunch of d M two or no?
Speaker 2: But that's the one psychondel like that I would do, like at the end of my life because it's it's like a just balls deep, like fucking full blast thing to do.
Speaker 1: I want to do ayahuasca and I'm like, my friend's, uh my, one of my friends dad's just did ayahuasca and he's like sixty something, and I'm like, oh great when i'm there's still cool stuff for me to do when I'm sixty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I lose my hair, you know, and after my divorce and then you get your dog, I'll, you know, hitchhike down to Peru, you know, man pukanus in a drum circle.
Speaker 1: I like that. There's I like that. There's so many cool experiences available to human beings, dude, There's so many. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why when people are like, is America going downhill? I was like, no, it's not. More people need to travel through America. Yeah, get real, deep in America. It's a weird ass place.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what you're doing, is you're like, I mean, a lot of the people who like, they don't feel like getting off their asses to like go see stuff. You're there, you're like the conduit to which they see, yeah, stuff outside of their computer.
Speaker 2: I mean, my dream as I'm getting older is just to get kids as stoked possible, like eight traveler old fools, like just to like hit the American road, like revive American road lore.
Speaker 1: Hitch Hiking is a dead art in a way, right because people are scared.
Speaker 2: Well, the stragglers that are a part of that, like you know, like hobo hitchhike culture are mostly like train hoppers, like freight hopping, you know, hopping freight trains across the country, like it's a whole, like they call it googles or like gutter punks. Like that culture has kind of absorbed the remnants of what would have been like hitchhikers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hitchhiking.
Speaker 2: That's what makes hitchhiking in the twenty first century and especially now so insane is because you're the only one really doing it, right. That's not like escaping prison, you know, so you know when doing it like just for fun. Yeah, not yet, not out of necessity or out of necessity because it's such a bad way to get around. Yeah, you know, but like you really are creating like a lane for yourself.
Speaker 1: Did had you ever met someone while you were doing because you did it. You did it like to see the world. It was the first.
Speaker 2: It was my first like creative jump off the port.
Speaker 1: Did anyone ever give you shit about that in terms of like, hey man, I have to do this.
Speaker 2: No, I mean there's no there's no sense of entitlement in the hitchhiking world.
Speaker 1: If the.
Speaker 2: Get a fucking car man, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, if this is what you're riding for at the end of the day, like you gotta find a hobby, you know, if you're like I was, you know, I need this.
Speaker 1: Then they want to identify them up the train.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, convince a truck driver to give you a ride somewhere. Na, there's no exclusionary vibe in the hitchhiker world. There is no hitchhiker world.
Speaker 1: It sounds fun. I want to do it at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the fact that like I may have convinced an eighteen year old like fresh out of his parents' house.
Speaker 1: Person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes to be like I live in Stockton, California, or reading or something like, I'm just gonna go to the nearest freeway on ramp, stick my thumb out and go wherever the driver's going.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure you would influence a lot of peop. I feel like you definitely get dms with people being like, hey, like you inspire me to like go place. Yeah, but I want them to do that thing, oh, to do it specifically to do like doing like the real like put yourself out there kind of way. Yeah, you know, stealing kind bars type vibe. It's uh, do you ever like Okay? So I mean now, like you know, you you have like you know, adult money, and you're a part and you drive a car and you're.
Speaker 2: Like two thousand and seven Toyota Tacoma perfect.
Speaker 1: And you're like you're like, you're not really living that. Does a part of you ever wish you could?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, well, the thing is, you know, when I turned when I decided to like market and make a brand out of what I love to do the most, I traded in the anonymity of the road right, Yeah, a lot, because I wanted to make a life for myself and a name for myself. So you know what I loved most as a young person, as a teenager, as a hitchhiker, was that anonymous feeling of just like being just like completely on the road, enveloped in the American highway system at motels and bus stops, talking to like dead beats and out laws and runaways, and just being able to just be completely anonymous and like using my eyes as the camera basically and just like absorbing these stories from people that are just on the fringe and just moving on and you know, writing about it later in my journal. And now, you know, if I were a hitchhike on the side of the road, you know, it would probably take like five ten minutes before you know.
Speaker 1: A super suic over and it's like tryta far. You know.
Speaker 2: So in a way it is sad, and it does make me sort of jaded that I have. You know, that transaction makes me sad. You know, I've traded in a career for sacrificing the road spirit can I ask?
Speaker 1: And I almost feel this way about what I do, like just with like conversations in general, does it ever like like you know, back when you when you were just like writing it down, yeah, and you weren't filming it, did it ever feel like more special and more like the moment belonged to you? And now you're kind of like giving that moment away to people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But I do think that writing is the problem with writing is that you can just lie your ass off, right, So you know, So that's the thing is, like, you know, my first project was a hitchhiking book that I wrote, of course, and I realized that, Okay, people don't believe the stories that I'm telling. Even my own friends would be like, oh did that really happen? Like they think that I'm exaggerating like major plot points. And I was like, you know what, never again, like I'm gonna film it so I can prove it. And so that's how we do things now.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just because you know it is you do get to claim the moment and you know, make it a part of your narrative when it's written down.
Speaker 1: But not even I'm not even talking about like the like the recording. I'm just talking about like being there, like there's no cameras, You're just talking to a guy. Absolutely, and there's you're not making content. You're not like trying to steer the conversation in a way that makes it like for you. It's just for the moment in and of itself. Absolutely, And you know I still do that.
Speaker 2: You know, I still I still have an RV now that I take cross country trips in. I still sleep in the back of my Tacoma Like, I still do that. But there's this part of me that misses that, just like full presence of course, because there's a part of me now that thinks, to myself, wow, this would be so great on camera. And that's sort of a sad thing because I'm like, man, I used to just be.
Speaker 1: Like happy to be there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Of course, once you start making videos and start making content.
Speaker 1: Everything's like, oh, I should be filming this, right, and you know that.
Speaker 2: Like your audience would actually appreciate it. Of course, you're not like a self centered asshole who's like this would go so viral, like one hundred percent, this should be documented as a part of my experience because this is important to me in this time. But now I just, man, it's tough. You know, it makes me sad and happy. It's just there's not really an emotion to assigned to it. It's just the way things have changed.
Speaker 1: If I can feel that way about like talking to strangers, Like if I like strike up a conversation with someone at an airport or something and they tell me something interesting, I'm like, you know, I I'm like, oh, this would be like a cool conversation like for the podcast or whatever, but like there's something great about just doing it in and of itsself.
Speaker 2: I think maybe over time that barrier will sort of dissipate because everything is going to be just filmed all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna be wearing gouglass.
Speaker 2: I think to be like point at which, like you know, the current kids growing up who TikTok and live stream everything. Yeah, they're gonna be like, you know, fifty years old one day, and if they strike up a conversation at LAX, it won't be weird to just pull out a live streaming selfie stick and be like, yeah, so you know, when did you go into card shurance.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's sad? No, you think that's awesome. Yeah, hell yeah, I want to see that. I want to see that conversation, you know what. I love that I love I love that you're optimistic about it, because I feel like the default is to be upset about it.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy you didn't go down that rabbit hole where people say, like, don't you think it's sad that.
Speaker 1: Everyone's on their phone? No? I like, I like, I mean it's great. I mean there's trade offs. I mean it's it's it's hard because the Internet, like you know, has democratized media. It's done so many amazing things. But also like you know, I hate when I'm hanging out with someone and they go on their phone. I hate when I'm hanging out with on and I go on my phone. Yeah, it's just basic social stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like chill with you if we're both on our phone like doom scrolling Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey man, it's just the way things are going.
Speaker 2: Complaining about it is just lame, you know, Like it's always people who don't who are.
Speaker 1: Like trying to become famous too, that want to. Yeah, that that like preached down in our life.
Speaker 2: They hit that wall and they were like Andrew, like, you know, do you ever get tired of just making video after video and want to just takes some time for yourself. It's like I make one video a month, you know what I mean, I'm not streaming for ten hours a day. Like I take a ton of time for myself.
Speaker 1: Right, But do you do you not like you know, I mean your whole you know, you talk a lot of current events. Yeah, you're talking about like things are going on in the world. Does it not require you to be not constantly, but like to be keeping an eye on what's going on on once a day?
Speaker 2: Do you do you do once a day once a day for like the heavy news update.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like and when I when I dive.
Speaker 2: Into like the news section on my phone, it'll be a pretty heavy deep dive, like forty five minutes of just like what the hell's going on this week?
Speaker 1: How often are you just like act like catching yourself on the Instagram story of a person you went to high school that you don't care about, probably twenty five times a day. That that's the stuff that I don't like. But that's where I'm like, I should I should have. That's up to me to not be addicted to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I mean you have a cool thing going on.
Speaker 1: Oh this is awesome. You interact?
Speaker 2: Yeah with Instagram in a way that is cool because you're creating stuff. That's the big difference. Like consumer versus creator is a totally different vibe.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, and that's how I justify it, Okay, because if you took all of my Instagram use or online use and uh and I justify it, I'm like, this is my job. I have to I'm on Instagram. I have to look at it. I have to see how the new video do whatever it is. This stuff that's like necessary to complete the function of this is maybe maybe like one percent and the rest is you know, hang seeing dude. I mean for sure, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Like yes, if I you know, reading news, like I spend most of my time on my phone, like reading about watching YouTube videos about like beef between rappers, Yeah, better call Saul fan theories. Yeah, scenes from the Dark Knight mm hmm. That's what I consume. You know, I don't really read the news. I just I'm into like weird shit like that.
Speaker 1: Do you so you'll consume stuff like that and like super niche shit. Yeah, like I follow like la rap beef. Well, I feel like you would have to have something to like because you're always your whole thing is like about the news. I feel like you would have to you know, your hobbies would be things that are completely unrelated to me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It feels rebellious to like just watch watch TV breaking bad fan theories for ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well everyone's like you go to read about this and like right, right to watch something that you don't have to justify in some way. Yeah, for sure, that's nice. That's kind of been my refuge lately.
Speaker 2: Also with all the craziness is like the Better Call Saul series?
Speaker 1: Do you contribute to the forms?
Speaker 2: No? I should though, because like I like, I think about the characters often.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Robbie. Robbie. Oh, well, how you doing, Robbie?
Speaker 3: You good?
Speaker 9: I was just dirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it's good man. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for Thank you so much for calling in. We appreciate it. This is Andrew and this is Lyle.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: It's really good talking you guys because, uh, this is my first time being on.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're happy to have you. Well, don't feel nervous or anything. It's just us here.
Speaker 9: I am nervous.
Speaker 1: It's okay. We're gonna make this as easy as we can. For you. It's totally totally show. It's just you and two geckos. Robbie, all right, Uh, is it okay if I tell the people what you told the call screener. Yes, Robbie, it's us here that you are having trouble talking to women and you need some advice. Mm hmm, well just off the batman.
Speaker 2: You seem like a super sweet guy, very kind person does so you've already got that going for you. I think men and women both like that quality out of curiosity?
Speaker 1: You know what? What?
Speaker 2: What do you find the most difficult? Is it the approach? Is it maintaining the conversation?
Speaker 1: Which is it?
Speaker 9: I think maintaining the conversation the approach is difficult as well. But uh, I feel like whenever I could go up to someone, I just don't like I just have nothing to say. All I can't think of anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But you're not scared to, you know, say hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: You know, my name's Robbie. What's your name?
Speaker 9: Maybe? Kind of.
Speaker 1: Can I ask? What? What if any situations are you putting yourself in in which you you have the opportunity to meet new people?
Speaker 9: Uh, mainly your work, I guess because I don't really go out on my days off work at Walmart.
Speaker 2: So yeah, work work is a hard work is a really hard place to like talk to girls, for sure, because like, you know, the employee the co worker thing is already pretty messy, and then talking to customers is just kind of weird, you know, because like I remember, unless you work at a restaurant, but if you work in the retail industry, it's very transactional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely neither I feel like neither the customers nor the co workers are like, yeah that you you want to meet people in places where people go to meet people. Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Robbie, would you would you ever consider working like in the service industry, like a front of house position at like a popular restaurant.
Speaker 9: M probably not.
Speaker 2: I think that it might be uncomfortable at first, but I think that a job like that would really help you get outside of your comfort zone and like get you more familiarized with like having to talk to like tons of people. Before I did interviews, I was a host at a restaurant on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and we used to do six hundred and fifty covers a night, and my whole job was to be like, hey, how are you doing? Welcome to Bourbon house. I think that got me. But when I first took the job, I was like, I'm gonna be so bad at this. I'm gonna be so nervous. And over time I got so used to it that, like when I got off work, I was like a.
Speaker 1: Social you just kept the train, just kept going. Yeah, you kept the momentum going until I after work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would that be something that you would just consider even for you know, a training shift or something.
Speaker 9: It could it would be possibility.
Speaker 2: I think it would be fun for you, man, and maybe maybe a restaurant that you actually like.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you too, Robbie?
Speaker 9: Do you a very introverted person?
Speaker 1: So just kind of do like just like forgetting about like you know, dating and relationships and stuff like do you do you have Like do you have friends?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's best best friends.
Speaker 9: Necessarily small circle of friends, Like I have a few groups here, a few groups here, but that's basically I don't have a massive friend group.
Speaker 1: How many how many people do you think are in your core group of friends?
Speaker 9: Like six seven?
Speaker 1: That's cool?
Speaker 2: And are they more introverted as well?
Speaker 9: It's a mix.
Speaker 2: What kind of stuff do you guys do when you hang out?
Speaker 9: Mainly just go out the ear? Uh, go do something and something. Mainly most of the time we just play video games together.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I mean, do you like bars or not? Really?
Speaker 9: I've been to a few, but.
Speaker 8: It's eh.
Speaker 1: Do you have hot Like? What do you do for hobbies? Like? Do you sports? Arts, magic, the gathering? What's your thing?
Speaker 9: Mainly do this video games in the days off? Sometimes I do D and D stuff like that.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: Because because I've always I've always felt like I've always felt like when it comes to like meeting people, especially if you're like trying to get in to a relationship or something, it's like you kind of like independently build a life that people gravitate around or like where you're in a lot of situations where around people more so than you do like do like anything done like with the intention of trying to meet women, I feel like it never goes very well.
Speaker 2: Robbie, do you do you live in the south of the Midwest?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: East?
Speaker 9: Um, North Carolina?
Speaker 2: Okay, so south basically southeast. You know the thing about North Carolina, what's the nearest major.
Speaker 1: City to you.
Speaker 9: Uh, nearest major.
Speaker 2: Yeah, closer to Charlotte. Yeah, and it's a tough place to socialize, you know. But I mean, do you do you find that people have that like southern hospitality around you? Like is there a lot of pleasantries exchanged in your day to day or people in your community more closed off?
Speaker 9: I really sure?
Speaker 1: M hmm. I also feel like, you know, I mean you were talking about the bars and stuff. I feel like, do you do you want do you want to meet somebody who is on your sort of same level of introversion or are you looking for you know, sort of a compliment to you personality wise?
Speaker 9: I feel like it'd be nice to have someone who's introverted as me. But also I feel like the other way, like the other spectrum would also work, just to help me get out there maybe more. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this? Would you rather have someone to bring you out of your shell? Or would you rather just be like two turtles chilling together?
Speaker 9: I feel like getting out of my shell.
Speaker 2: One you're looking for like an extrovert that understands you and can you know, like help you.
Speaker 1: Put yourself out there? Yeah, well, dude, I think you're gonna find it.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly when it's gonna come, but there's a lot of people like that.
Speaker 1: There are. And here here's the key to that, though, is like you got all right, so you gotta like, let's like verbally your car is dead. You gotta get out and start pushing it first, in order for someone to see you and help you push it, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, you gotta sort of take your own initiative on putting yourself out there just a little bit in order for you to try to find someone to help you with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I would say find some find some coffee shops that you like nearby. Next time you want to work on something, go there, open up your laptop, get a coffee. Just get used to being in the public sphere, even if you're silent.
Speaker 1: That'll help you a lot. I've had some foods you were shy.
Speaker 2: I just get used to being somewhere where like you're maybe you're maybe still closed off, but you are exposed physically around here, physically exposed to the world, you know, and maybe you might strike up a conversation. But you know, between working at Walmart and having like your group of seven friends who you mainly I'm assuming play video games with and like chill inside. That's kind of a hard you know, gridlock for you to like meet someone who's gonna bring you to that next stage. So dude, just coffee shops, bars, and for sure, I guarantee you if you if you worked out like Cheesecake Factory, you'd become like a social savant four months.
Speaker 1: She say, factory sounds like a better place to work than Walmart. It does.
Speaker 2: But you know, although the buzzers sort of make me nervous, buzzers, oh the little things, Cheesecake Factory assigns you that buzzer box, and yeah, it's the most intense.
Speaker 1: Vibration I've ever experienced. Really, when that thing starts going, it's going, then you can't even like turn it off.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't want to get near those things if I worked at cheesecake Factory, you know, I'd be like, you know, put them in the bucket for somebody else.
Speaker 1: So Robbie, you know, over the course of this call, we've told you a bunch of things. We've thrown a bunch of actions out at you, We've thrown a bunch of ideas out of you, like before we go, like, what's what's sort of your take on what we've told you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think I think you're right about it. Might give myself or go to a Starbucks or something, see what can happen.
Speaker 2: Go to the good to the busiest Starbucks in downtown Charlotte and just just kick it there. Dude, even if you don't make a friend, you're going to be entertained for sure.
Speaker 1: You know. It's a lot like it's like when people say, like, if you're trying to start working out, just go to the gym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go there, even if you're making fun of the people at the gym. Yeah, you'll eventually hop on the elliptical and sweat your ass off.
Speaker 1: Yeah you don't. Yeah, you just go there. Don't feel like you pressured to do any workouts or lift anything. You just go to a Starbucks, man, and just just you know, chill for a bit.
Speaker 2: You know, don't call your friends, just go by yourself and just kick it whenever you have some free time.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you, Thank you, Robbie.
Speaker 1: Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer or to two geckos.
Speaker 9: Uh, well, I've I'm almost finished with your with your therapy GECKU Podcast three more. I'm completely caught up.
Speaker 1: Thank you to the whole time. Yes, sir Andrew, Yes, just.
Speaker 9: Now looked at your YouTube channel. Might might give it a.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: Well like it, man, I appreciate it for real, you should.
Speaker 1: He's got good stuff on there.
Speaker 9: Oh well, well, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Of course, man for being confident coming out here.
Speaker 1: That's step one. Take care, Robie.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was hard. Say you guys got man.
Speaker 1: That guy's so sweet man he is. I don't think we got to him though, No, I don't think so. I don't think he's going to take any action from the things I.
Speaker 2: Was trying to work thing, the region thing, the like thing. But it's just going to happen over time.
Speaker 1: I say that every time we get a call like that, I say I would say the same thing. I'm like you, it's anything done with the intention of like trying to be people never work. So you just have to like build your life in a way in which you're around people in which you're like like that guy, like he plays D and D. It's like fucking start some like like it's like you probably play with your friends, go to the coffee shop, but can I start a local D and D league? And then like and then not only are you in, you're like the guy you're the president of the D and D league. You got a little bit of status now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, also like being raised, I guess like an Italian American like Philadelphia family. Originally, like when people start getting shy, I have this impulse to get kind of like like pick yourself up.
Speaker 1: By Are you a motivational guy? No?
Speaker 2: But then I realized it doesn't work with an introvert do you like what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know? You do know you're the man?
Speaker 2: That kind of stuff is not effective if someone's like kind of in a shell. But I think that over time, man, Robbie will just like it'll just happen. Certain people are sort of impervious to advice, but just the sands of time put them.
Speaker 1: In a position, you know. I wonder with all the time on this podcast And then and I ask people this, it's like when people like if if I were a real therapist and someone came to me, like what what is like what should real therapist say? Like, like if you've done all the research into like social psychology, and the the whatever, the neurons and shit like what would you tell that guy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I think the reason that we're maybe better than is a lot of therapists is because we actually tell them everything about our own experiences. Every time that I went to therapy growing up, I was always kind of turned off because the therapist would just be like a brick wall when it came to like tell me about your life, and it was always.
Speaker 1: Hard to level.
Speaker 2: Whereas I feel like we are like you know, especially you you're like an informal therapist, so you can be like, yeah, man, I had a similar experience back in the day.
Speaker 1: I have no code of conduct, like I could tell you exactly, I can tell you where I live.
Speaker 2: Have you gone to do you? Do you still go to therapy? I know I'm about to start. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I go to therapy irregularly.
Speaker 2: When I was going through some stuff a year ago, like I went to therapy like all the time. But now I'm going to start again because why not?
Speaker 1: What made you? What made you stop?
Speaker 2: I just started doing really well, well, you know, just things kind of after so much therapy, I was like, oh, I'm a lot happier now. I mean COVID was a tough time for everybody. For sure, that was one of those people. And uh yeah, start doing so good that I was.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, I'm good. It's expensive.
Speaker 2: It is when we come back to this one, I have some some serious issues.
Speaker 1: Do you journal I know your whole No, man, I don't. I should though, for real.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of fleeting thoughts that I wish I could come back to, but they're gone.
Speaker 1: I feel like because you're doing a lot of like documenting with the camera. Yes, you're almost like if I were doing that, I would almost be like, all right, well we got it. I don't need to write about this. Yeah, but but but your feelings are like a whole other your feelings about what happened, or like a whole other layer and then just like the what happened, you know what I'm saying, dude? For sure, definitely, Andrew, Man, it's it's been awesome to have you on here. Like I said it before, I said it when you were taking a pee, but's it's really awesome to see you, like, you know, doing your own like like doing what you do, but coming into this space and doing it with the people that watch you know the stream and it's it's been awesome. Man, I've been sick. Dude.
Speaker 2: I don't go on that much stuff, but I'm a huge fan of this. Fuck yah, shout out to you. Thank you man, get go lifestyle.
Speaker 1: There anything that you want to want to fire off say to the people before we get out of here. Any final thoughts, feelings, just the sentiments.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for watching. That's about it. I don't have any plugs. Awesome Channel five Channel five News with Calaham Channel Channel five Live worldwide, Hollywood.
Speaker 1: And Vine beautiful. You look great and green? You look great and green?
Speaker 2: Oh peoples don't know. I got the fuzzy on it?
Speaker 1: Oh you do? Yeah you can? I can? I feel those real quick? That's night. Where'd you get these? The green screen is making it crazy?
Speaker 2: But I got the fuzzy wuzzies on the Fish air Forces. I got them at a fish concert. Grateful day, ad air Force a fish fan. I wouldn't have a fish fan, but I went to a fish show and had fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's something a fan would do, is go to a their concert and have fun. So you upload his on YouTube as well? I do?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, dude, you shorten them at all.
Speaker 1: You just yeah, we we shorten them. Like, how long have you this been too? It's been about two hours. Share this ship out of this one. Fuck yeah, fuck yeah. This is fun to do. Andrew Man, thank you very much for coming on. Thank you for having me on. Take care of folks at home. Good luck, gak bless you, and I have a good night. I have a good one, y'all.
Speaker 2: Goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 1: Everything goes to his eye. He's teaching you loud in your life. He's not read an expert.