Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like go.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the faces, betting on the game.
Speaker 2: No moment's gonna.
Speaker 3: Tell us what do.
Speaker 1: Not, Belle, We're here.
Speaker 3: Just drinking beer and making nan Baby.
Speaker 2: I'm hanging with.
Speaker 3: The Fellers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: Bro. Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys Fellas episode. If you're unfamiliar with our show, we are the boys, Will Content and Taylor the one before we get anywhere, we know there's gonna be a lot of returning viewers, feed a lot of returning viewership. As of recent we are north of fifty percent unsubscribed. So if you're watching in your for the boys, you want to support the show, consider subscribing, Consider hitting the subscribe button, hitting the like button, sharing with your friends. We have on a very special guest, Adam Ray. He will be our interview later in this episode. Before we get into all that, we do have a little intro where we talk Paul, we talk NFL, we talk college. The boys are very much down bad after this weekend. Other than JP, he won a big one. Jackie won one with Tennessee, but also lost one with Tennessee. Listen to prospers score had a great weekend on the DraftKings sports Book with my bets. I will go over those here in a second, but this episode, let's hit an ad read. The roller coaster of an NFL season is moving right along and it promises to be a month of full tricks, treats, and of course, touchdowns. In the Draftking Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL, is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Running it in from the one or an eighter bomb. We don't care how they score touchdowns, we want to bet on them. Draftings hurt us and is delivering And if you're ready to make your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score a touchdown. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app and make your pick. Here here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. You bet. When you bet five dollars, you will instantly get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Score big with the DraftKings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings sports Book app and use code bus that is code bust for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: What a deal. Huh, great deal. Opportunity deal everywhere.
Speaker 2: And they always have like they always have promos going like you get a fifty percent profit, but parlay boost, you get all the above.
Speaker 4: Just when you think you might be dead, they just give you an opportunity to succeed. That's what DraftKings is. They say, the crown is yours, the opportunity is also yours. That's that's what drafting. Yeah, and I love your little North. We're still north.
Speaker 2: The boy JPL hit a break breakdown, Mitch, sure, and they hit breakdowns with their numbers and everything else. They talk about how many returning viewers we have, and we're still like north to fifty percent on subscribe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a bunch of the boys, a bunch of the boys, and a lot of returning viewers coming in. Obviously, a big surplus of people came in after forty five. They want to see what the boys are really talking about the next week. Yeah, and now, if this is your second time ever viewing the show, that's fine. We had a first date, it was good enough for you to have another one. We walked through the door, we gave you a kiss in the cheek. I like to think that we're gentlemen on this podcast. Yeah, your parents would be proud right now if we're in the fourth, fifth, or even sixth time of you coming in and viewing this podcast. Let us inside, you know, let us inside. Let's have some tea, some coffee, whatever, a little nightcap if you will, and then let's find out how clean those sheets are. And maybe, if we're willing to, the two of us can jump in.
Speaker 1: And dirty those sheets up a little bit. Now.
Speaker 4: Is it a regret? Probably not, because this is the fourth, fifth, or sixth time. You know, the kind of guys we are.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be forever.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be forever. It could absolutely forever. If it's not, we're gonna make a mistake together. And that's what's beautiful about this opportunity of us subscribing and not subscribing. It's an amazing time. Also not so amazing, seemed like there was a sniper on the field on every NFL field this weekend. It seems like guys left and right were getting got by the turf Monster people were getting Chris Kyle all over the place. One specifically that comes to mind Deshaun Watson. And I know we've had some fun on this podcast, and I know that part of my take had a phenomenal take on the We think Deshaun Watson is actually a better person than the neest football player now implying how bad he is at football. But I saw a clip and I don't even know if this is real, and I want to believe that it's not real. But when he's getting carted off, crying and the Browns fans are actually chanting, you deserved it? Is that? Did you see that clip?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know that's fake.
Speaker 4: Is that fake? Good? I'm glad it was debunked by you, Mitch. That's big brain. We talked about in the car right home from Knoxville bake Head. People probably think you're successful. That's a nice move right there. Yeah, because I was gonna say that would be the one of the more disgusting things I've ever seen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You never you never want to root for somebody to get injured, evern they're getting carted off. You know that everything that's happened with the show and everybody's aware of it, but to know, like, listen, you listen to Jamis talk about it, you listen to Miles Miles Garrett talk about it, and you just hear players that talk about how he showed up day to day and and you know was pouring into being a better football player. Whether or not that was working out, we obviously know he was not playing his best ball or he hasn't played his best ball since Houston. Uh, you never want to You never want to cheer on somebody like having a bad injury.
Speaker 4: Never never, man, And it was cool. I think it sheds a little light on the fact that Jamis Winston's talking that way, and especially Miles Garrett talking that way, him being as like one of the biggest players in that franchise, if not in the franchise's history, being that much of a guy. Because we all know that if Miles Garrett walked up to you know, somebody in that front office was like, this guy's gotta go. They probably that holds a lot more value and a lot more weight than ninety nine percent of the league right now. For these guys to stand ten toes down in front of a bunch of journalists and be able to say, hey, this guy actually put in the work, we love him, we respect him, those types of things. Talks about the individual he is. I think that says a lot. Maybe we need to evaluate that a little bit more. I'm not gonna say forgive the man or I'm not going to do that, because once you have the thirty one, thirty six to thirty whatever allegations, it's tough coming back from that, no doubt about it. But human beings are human beings, and it's always difficult to see peop get hurt.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest surprise, too, is Jamie's not even dressed for the game, Like the moment you need that, you need a backup quarterback to go in like he was. He's apparently like third on the depth chart, which is surprising me because I feel like if anybody's gonna give him spark and give him some juice outside of Nick Chubb, it's going to be somebody like Jameis Winston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, eaton, W's I'm at the guy. I mean, the football needs guys like Jameis Winston. Oh yeah, it's so interesting his relationship. You see it with Rabel, You see the way he bounces around. People love Jameis Winston. You met him. I haven't had the opportunity to be in the same room as this individual. But it just like this guy is truly, genuinely exactly what you see on a day to day basis when you pop on the bird and are able to see him doing his speeches, everything that's really him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sources have told me. Sources have told me.
Speaker 4: Now you know how that's worked out for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna be yeah, I mean, I'm not. This isn't this isn't a knock on his play. But sources have told me that Stefanski doesn't mess with him. Really why, I'm not sure. I'm not sure why. It just to me that that would be surprising, because again, if you want some juice, like you just know players, whether they laugh with him, laugh at him, whatever it is, he brings some juice, brings it to a team, and he'll spin it like if they need some life, they need somebody who can throw the ball deep, somebody who's willing to just who's just willing to let it rip, whether or not he's gonna throw an interception or a touchdown. Like I feel like Jamis could be somebody that you know, you would hope turn some things around, because it is very bleak right now in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: I know in Cleveland, and it is probably i mean thirty thirty one or thirty two of the fan bases you wouldn't want to be a part of right now. Yeah, that's one of those one fan base that was probably shitting themselves for a little bit. The Washington Commanders, we're shitting their pants when Jaden Daniels went down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, now what is.
Speaker 1: Rib?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He had he had a pretty uh he had a tackle. When I'm sitting there washing, I'm like, oh man, I'm surprised he didn't get a little banged up from that play. But come to find out he was. He was trying to run. He was trying to run later in that drive and w he just kind of went down and you're kind of thinking, oh, fuck, Like, hopefully he didn't do anything bad.
Speaker 4: Right, And ribs hurt. We've all had a rib before. We've all had a rib out of place, We've had cartilage. I don't know if you ever had a broken rib, not a broken one. Yeah, I haven't had I haven't had the luxury or the pleasure of having a broken rib in my entire life. But I have had that little when the cartilage is out, when it's like a bruised rib.
Speaker 2: Any cough, any laugh, quick sigh?
Speaker 4: You hear Mitch sigh four times an episode in these podcasts, All four times if you had a bruised rib, you're literally thinking yourself, God, might I might have to end it right here. I don't know if breathing is truly worth this pain. So hopefully he's gonna be all right. The reason why I brought up that injury, though, is a very familiar and beautiful face steps on the field, hiding as a number one A. But we truly know that that is number eight Marcus Mary Goda. Let's give a round of applause for the man coming in an absolute playing the game true fashion. Off the field too, got his ball cap on, is showing zero excitement about the poetry he just put on the field. Yeah, just absolutely crushed it. This is the guy, ladies and gentlemen. If you everybody all of the world's always like, oh yeah, but this person's a bad role model. That person's a bad role model. Who are we gonna look up to? Who's who's the person. Marcus Mariota is a guy that is to truly a dude's dude and is a good human being. I know Man's getting he's getting gray, like Obama after the after a second term. They ever see that, that that back and forth the show before and then eight years after, he's getting the grays in their skins. Still looks great. Thought of seeing a lot of things. A lot of bullets been flying around that head.
Speaker 2: Look at this, Yeah, and then poor shout out the boy JP Finley Finlay.
Speaker 4: Who's that?
Speaker 2: Uh he's a reporter. He he's somebody who covers Washington. He starts off because Marcus starts off like he doesn't hit one. I think he starts off like, oh for three and JP like has a tweet. Obviously it turns around he has zero interceptions, two touchdowns, two hundred plus yards. Just a massive shout out to Marcus man. Washington is a team, bro, Washington is a ball club. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you were saying their back end that's the issue, or the run defense the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, defense is the issue. Defense. Uh there there that's gonna be the side of the ball that has to figure it out. They want to be true contenders in the playoffs. But man, offensively like they are rolling, bro, They're excited out there in the district. That city has just been begging needing a team, and they have one. And they have one. Obviously with with jayde and Daniels, I know he's gonna be all right. But even Marcus coming in, knowing that there was no let up, there was no foot off the gas, they were able to execute offensively, even with Marcus back there. Yeah, that's exactly what you want to see.
Speaker 4: Man, God, that fires me up so much. Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mariota is over three since coming in. He cannot be the answer. And when shout out JP, I love JP. Now I did.
Speaker 4: I did text Marcus. I'm more speaking to Jack in this sense. I texted Marcus last night congratulated him on his play and I said, I think it's time. I think it's time for you to come back.
Speaker 5: It is time if we need him more than ever.
Speaker 4: He put an exclamation point on the text.
Speaker 1: Did he really no?
Speaker 4: But he put he actually put a couple of haws. He put a couple in a much better situation out there and doing a job. Kingsbury's the guy for him right.
Speaker 5: Now, right and then you see all this stuff like Buck Rising, he's been doing a really good job of just being on point with journalism lately. But Trailing Burkes and AJ Brown. How many yards and Trailing has had since the AJ Brown trade and how many tds. I think it's one TD to AJ's twenty. And then also you have the Derek Henry situation, which was always gonna happen. Derek was with us for eight nine years. So but it's sad, you know, you see the Derek Henry's, the AJ Browns and Marks Marios of the world all having fun on Sundays.
Speaker 4: We're not having fun in Nashville. We're not having fun. We're not having a good time. Now, did you expect the Bills game to go the way it did? I mean, at one point ten to seven, right, boys are looking good. We're thinking, oh my god, I was gonna say, but to the see that game and being a ten zero or ten seven. Whenever I saw it, I was like, this is exactly what the titles are gonna do this game.
Speaker 5: They yeah, they're those kind of games where we win the ones we should not. And so there was kind of that little glimmer of hope in that first half or like maybe we we'll do it, and then the second half was the most just I think there was like fifteen total yards of offense through the first the third quarter and then like ten minutes into the fourth, so or maybe it's like five incent of the fourth, but regardless, fifteen yards of total offense brutal. And you can't playing in Buffalo no matter what time and day, primetime, noon, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 4: And yeah, Titans got whooped.
Speaker 5: Just a good old fashioned whooping, and we look just we just kind of look sad.
Speaker 4: It's like boys are having a good time. Listen, being in a locker room like that. Have you been in locker room one in five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Washington was pretty bad the first the very first year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you sit in those locker rooms where you just really can't find an answer because at first you start a couple loss to start rolling on you. You think to yourself, Okay, if we fix X, Y and Z, you kind of see you see the path for correction. When you're one in five and then you have fifteen yards of offense in the second half, and then you look around at the roster that this team has. You really think to yourself, what the fuck are we gonna do? Like what what is the answer? Because talent is not the problem, or at least it seems that way with the just just look at the offense. It's incredible. And then Jamal Adams he's asking for a trade. Guys are wanting to get out of there. You see Calvin Ridley, he's getting pissed off. Last week. DeAndre Hopkins is being like, we're just doing what we're told out here. These these are the types of things that are just like, holy shit, man, it is absolutely brutal.
Speaker 2: The locker room's not.
Speaker 6: Good at Like what week as a player on a bad team, are you are y'all like, all right, that's the year. Let's just try to not get hurt, let me get my money, and then let's get out of here.
Speaker 2: If you're like just seeing some of the like postgame press ors, like you see DeAndre talk, you see Calvin when he was speaking even last week talking about he wants more targets early and everything like that, shit, I need the ball early. It's now, it's around now weeks Like we think so, man, I think so. To me, it's like another team that's not that's not playing well that might not turn it around. Who knows. But you go out to the Jets, they made a trade with DeVante, like, you still have a quarterback, you still have receivers, you sell people. That's to missic to think like, Okay, we're gonna something's gonna something's gonna turn for us. You know, we just got to make a few plays the idea. It just does not feel that way with Tennessee. Yeah, I and the years, the year has been to the ground. It just does not sound like the locker room is doing that. You know. It just doesn't seem like the culture is gonna be sticky and staying together.
Speaker 4: It sounds like the locker room was more dysfunctional than ever I had the luxury when we went the two and fourteen, three and thirteen, a binged to young Buck, a rookie and then a second year guy. And at that point, bullets are still flying over and over. You're trying to make the name for yourself. So that never crossed my mind personally. I'll being like, let's pack it in, let's get ready to go to Cabo. But these guys that are paid, these guys that have spent a long time a week understanding that, Okay, I know I have less years ahead of me than I do behind me. I gotta go and win now. And if you're one in five, that's probably exactly where their minds are at.
Speaker 2: And if your ego is also telling you, you know, you're not the problem, you know what I.
Speaker 4: WHI, which is a horrible feeling.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like they didn't know Mason was gonna be the starting quarterback until late in the week, just based.
Speaker 5: On the now is it Saturday during the Tennessee Alabama game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. But I want to say, like Hop was kind of confirming it when a reporter might have been Paul somebody asked him, like, when did you find out that Makeson was gonna be the starting quarterback? So again, it just it doesn't feel good. It really doesn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a that's such a tough situation to be in. And it's really like now, at this point in the season, if you're one in five, you go in the next game and you get injured.
Speaker 2: That's shit.
Speaker 4: The only way it can get worse. Now, you guys spend the whole off season rehabbing with that sour taste in your mouth.
Speaker 2: You're gonna see guys with like a grade one ankle and they're not You're not gonna see their face again. Yeah, because guys are gonna check out.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you're an older player, it's kind of like maybe I can play one more year.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right, You'll start seeing people make business decisions. And unfortunately, it's like that's like it's like the unfortunate nature of the beast Man. Because I'm not I'm not trying to say it like trying to make it sound like it's the locker room is really bad. Everybody's ready to quit. I'm just from experience, like Taylor was saying, like being a being a younger kind a guy that has never had the luxury of feeling like, you know, you have to earn it every week. Like I'm still playing. I'm still playing for next year, I'm playing for beyond. You're still gonna have those guys doing that. But these guys who are who are made men, who have the skill set of thinking ahead and being like, all right, it's not gonna happen for me this year. It might have the mentality of like let me save myself for next year. Like that is what happens. That's part of like the business of the game. And I feel like the Titans are in that situation because clearly Will they benched Will to go with Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 4: He had a back. Well, I saw there was like an injury report he had a back or a groin or something going on. But I don't know in this a very well could have been an insurance policy being like, hey, let's just see what we got in Mason. Maybe maybe the injury wasn't that bad. Now that's just all speculation. Shoulder, he had a shoulder going on. What you knew he was dealing with. That kind of takes away everything I just said, But yeah, go on onward.
Speaker 7: Well, I was gonna ask, like when you're Callahan, when you're coach Callahan right now and you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Fuck, what, like what do you have to do to keep a lot?
Speaker 4: Like how do you Just?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I like Kelley and I think the staff that they have, like they have a bit of staff like that. This isn't a staff that should be like on the hot seat by any means. I just feel like they missed this year, right Like they haven't. They haven't found their answer a quarterback. It hasn't worked out well. Your skill players are obviously seem visibly like checked out, which is never the spot you want to be in when you need guys like that to play. But if those guys aren't believing in who's under center, I don't know. I don't know what you do. Like obviously, every week is like a new week, a different challenge. They have a tough schedule on the backside, don't they.
Speaker 7: That's stuff to play Houston Jacksonville, like we still have.
Speaker 1: We've only played one division.
Speaker 2: I want to say. Somebody's like you. Maybe you get one against the Patriots and then split with Jacksonville, But other than that, you're playing like a bunch of one lost teams. Like you just know the player in you. You look at all that stuff too, Like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because in years past, when things were not going well, there was always a bid be like, okay, quarterbacks not playing well. What we need to do is rely on the run game, rely on Derrick Henry, a guy that we're gonna give the ball twenty thirty times a game and allow him to just bruise people up and then we'll find the passes where we can. I don't know what the answer is, because there's so much talent on that team. They across the board on the offense, you have a one of the probably more talented teams in all of the NFL. The issue is, you see the frustration with Ridley, you see the frustration with the Hopkins. You know that frustration a lot of ways is directed at the quarterback, not only in the locker room, but also in the public eye. It's just it's such a hard position to be in because those guys are these season vets with a lot of accolades that everyone knows is in that top tier of the NFL. And if those guys are kind of having that response publicly, you can only imagine what it's going to be like in the locker room, which is it's difficult to keep a locker room together when these kind of quotes are being brought out. And that's just hard.
Speaker 2: Man and one thing, one thing.
Speaker 1: You need.
Speaker 4: You need somebody to write the ship. You need, you need somebody to keep guys together. I don't know who that guy is in that locker.
Speaker 1: Room right now.
Speaker 2: It's like block it's blocking out all the noise Like one thing that Verbel always did a very good job of is even when you are feeling all this stuff and you're kind of feeling a little like, yo, what's gonna happen here? Vrabel is always somebody who painted the way you're going to win the game. Here's how we're gonna have to win. Like we're not good enough to just show up do this. We're gonna have to execute at these three things on both sides of the ball and paint that picture and obviously push all the confidence into whoever's gonna be under so under center, whether it's Will, whether it's Mason, and then you need to win on first down. You need to win, like get those wins early to have some momentum, and then from there you're just you're truly taking it one game at a time.
Speaker 1: Ye But.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah. And I mean unless you're unless you're you know, like Jack fans and everybody else, people are gonna be looking to the draft and all that. But when you're in the locker room and you're inside of those four walls, like there's I don't think anybody's gonna be thinking about it, especially player you scraping together wins how you scraping together momentum to kind of turn it around, because again, at the end of the day, you're one and five, like you're not out of it, right, Like you gotta win out, you gotta do all those things. That seems like it's the farthest thing apart from all of it. It's truly just going one day at a time and try and doing your best to keep everybody together. And again, without any pulse being inside of there, I just don't know where everybody is. That's just my sense on observing all the postgame pressers, all the all the conversations around the Titans right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think as a player and well you can come up to this too. I don't remember ever looking and being like I can't wait for the draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was never never about that.
Speaker 4: You're still you're one in, one in five right now, You're not even at the halfway point of the season, and so there is so much ball in front of you where it truly if it, if it does become a self preservation game. Now, it's like a lot of guys just start playing for the number of the name on the back of the jersey and say the front of the jersey, and it's like, let me just show out and let's say I have one more year in my concert. Let's say I want to get out of here after this season and have that conversation. Well, let's go put good film on there. That's the kind of way you got to spin it in your head as a player. If you're one of those guys that are your eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, and you know that most of the ball is behind you as opposed to in front of you, you really just want to show that you still got it and that when people put the film on, these other thirty one teams with the film on, they're like, well, we know that this person's not the issue. Because to look at the draft, like, I mean, dude, aside from like AJ Brown, a Moni hooker, Jeffrey Simmons, like a hand there's a handful of guys like I never sat there and was like, oh, this rookie is going to be the answer to our questions. A lot of Now you look at the Rams, what they did in the past when they won a Super Bowl, when they were just like getting rid of all their draft currency and going to get guys that they have shown they can play in the league. That's when you can get a little more excited. But the unfortunate thing here with the Titans is they went and got guys that have shown they can play in this league. They have a bunch of players that should they complain in this league they had. I believe I saw something said that the number one pass defense and all of the NFL defense is solid, Like, you've got a good ball club as far as talent on the roster, and we don't. Well, And I don't have the luxury of being in Callahan's meetings and seeing what he's talking about, but I would I think I would be a very disappointing. Look if we started saying, hey, BC should be on the on the chopping block six games into is his head coaching tenure here at the Tennessee Titians, that that that'd be ridiculous. Now we get into next year and we're having the same results. Unfortunately, that's just the way this game goes. We like him, we like ran, but like, by no means should We'll be like ringing the bell till they get a new head coach. And to think like, you know, a top five pick is going to fix all our problems next year is a pretty wild accusation to make, especially at quarterback Jane Daniels. He's he's having a hell of a rookie season. However, it's that's a very rare thing to see out of rookies. So it's a it's a mess. Here's a need, A broom is a mess.
Speaker 7: There's like a week until the trade deadline too.
Speaker 2: Do you like, how heavy do you think about that?
Speaker 4: I never thought of mine.
Speaker 2: I'm not like as a player personally, but like front.
Speaker 7: Office, like do you you know, are you like all right, do we kind of use the talent we have to maybe go get something or you just kind of like we're sticking this one out and kind.
Speaker 4: Of again I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think issue we also don't have. But again, if say you're sitting say you're say you're sitting in like the coaching staff or the front office, like again, you have talent, Like again, it is this could be so much of an overreaction that hey, Will or Mason could get this thing going. You want guys who are going to buy in for this last part of the season. You might think of shopping these guys who are disgruntled, unhappy, seemed a little checked out, even though they're talented. It's like, if you're going to put anything together, maybe you look at you know, seeing what phone calls are out there to shop somebody like a Hop. I don't know if you shop like a Calvin. Again, it's just it all depends on what their feel is.
Speaker 4: He just gave hot ninety five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, yeah, he comes.
Speaker 4: With a lot of different issues as well. I don't know, man, Like I said, like, the names that are on your roster are not the problem. The talent that's on your roster is not the issue. I don't know what the problem is now getting eleven guys to play, But if you have a good.
Speaker 2: Game plan and the talent is not buying into what the game plan is, like that is a problem. Right. You could say, like you play for the name on your back, Like ultimately, if I'm somebody and I play for the name on my back, no matter what, however you see it, if you're going to accept whatever accountability is out there and be optimistic of how your play's going to be, you got to buy into what the game plan is being painted for you, and you got to live into the game plan. You got to do all the preparation possible. And no matter what, even if you feel like you're playing for the name on your back, you still have to sacrifice and play for everybody else because you're not going to be successful unless you're trying to play for the guy next to you, right, you know what I mean? So I think it truly just depends. I just I don't know. I don't know what the answer is. I don't know what's I don't know the vibes. I can understand it a little bit just based on observing. It just doesn't seem like it's good. It's great vibes right now. And everybody's got a talent. Everybody has talent on their roster. It's about who can galvanize, who can keep everybody block out the noise, focus on Hey, here's where your accountability is. Here's where my accountability is, Here's where everybody's accountability is. If we understand that, realize we are guys, the problem is in this building, but we also have the answer in this building. And if we don't feel like we have the answer in this building, that's where you start to see if you can get creative and see if you can work something before the trade deadline to have a little bit of life to go into this back half of the season.
Speaker 4: You know what's probably happening right now. That's always very difficult to view as a player during the season, player led meetings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you'd almost like to see something come out that there was a player that there was a player meeting.
Speaker 7: But it's who is it that's stepped up and saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they almost have to be big Jeff, somebody from that defensive side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just that's tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, we interrupt this episode to bring you body Armor sport Water, the alkaline water that provides real hydration with electrolytes for taste. Everybody is always drinking and around the shop the sports Drink, the Zero Sugar and even the Flash IV. After a long weekend, we can't get enough of body armor. The sport water, in my opinion, is the best water on the market. It keeps us hydrated all weekend long when we're on the Fall tour. So head on over to your local seven to eleven and get your body Armor sport Water today. Back to the episode of that Ray.
Speaker 6: Ever would hold the meeting who Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Hey, he played well, he played well, started shaky, but I mean, what do you expect from a guy who had you know, who's based, who's essentially taken a year off from football, and especially going into that situation, the expectation of the pressure is at its highest because you benched somebody like Justin Fields who was for and two. So a lot of that moment last night was riding on how Russell Wilson's gonna do, Like did he look clean and look great? And the future is gonna be bright for Pittsburgh, Like, no, you can't say that. But also I don't think you can expect him not to look a little russy coming out there. But I do think moving the ball the way that defense plays, man, obviously you can lean on that defense and win. It's like that one like one of the highest he has special teams, that massive field goal block. Yeah, guys just being excited like it is one of the highest paid defenses in the league. They do play like it like Russell could. He's somebody who when you're watching him play that game, he takes deep shots, he gives receivers the opportunity to make plays, pickings, seems like he's like in and out because he knows he's getting the ball his way well, wild personality, wild personality. Seeing him and saus Gardner go at it was so much fun to watch because both elite guys within their craft, and it does seem like Russ is somebody who can get in there, who's gonna take deep shots, who's not who is willing to throw the ball around. But you can't expect him to look completely clean in that first game, based on him taking a year off and also knowing the pressure was that it's absolute highest on him going into that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and being a Steelers fan, like we obviously talked about the not having fun as a Titans fan, Steelers man, they have all. Mike Tomlin is the king of culture. He's the king of sustaining and keeping culture alive in a building and having a guy like Russ, who if you're a Steelers fan right now listening to this podcast, you know that's not the long term answer for your team. But for them to put him in there and have the success they did on all three phases, that's the kind of shit that makes Mike Tomlin who he is, right.
Speaker 2: Because it was a risk, like if he doesn't play well and they lose that game, like everybody's calling for Justin Peals to get back, like you're just in a tough spa.
Speaker 4: You're fifteen fifteen, And then all of a sudden that they crushed the second half, Like that's.
Speaker 2: The kind of the fans were kind of like, did he make the wrong decision? AUP, you heard some booze? Yeah, you heard some booze. Yeah. To wurd Justin would probably get you out of that situation because they both kind of do something more things, but Justin's better at running yet. Yeah. But then it sound like they just quickly were like, all right, let russko let Russ, let him cook bring back the subway sandwich.
Speaker 6: I think with their culture too, And they asked Justin Fields during the week He's like, if I played good enough, I would be starting.
Speaker 1: I haven't played good enough.
Speaker 2: I love the way Justin Fiels handled that interview because he's been on I want to say when he was on the Bears, he said something that seemed like he was kind of passing blame, but immediately he was trying to say like he wasn't trying to do that, And it does it's not. From what I've heard too, Justin Fields is a is one of those. He's got a very sturdy mentality. He's somebody who's all in. He's for the boys. And to your point, JP like the way he was, like, look, if I was a clear cut starter, I would be the guy. But I don't feel like I've played well enough to be that guy like he. I love the way he handled that interview. And those are the guys you need. And you hope his head doesn't go into the tatementally just because hey, bro, it's a long season. We're gonna need you again at some point, and you never know how it's gonna shake. Russ could have an off game, Russ could get hurt, Like anything can happen to where if it does shake your way, you're honestly in a little bit of a win win situation because you are proven to be foreign to You're taking all the accountability your way, Like, look, I didn't play well enough, and all you got to do now is just be as good of a glue locker room guy as you can be, because if it does shake and it comes back your way, it's ultimately gonna work out for you. In the end, and you do have film out there of you being a foreign two quarterback and leading kind of leading the Steelers before Russ came in.
Speaker 4: Dude, that is a great point when you were put on the bench to become a glue guy, to sit in the locker room and just be as positive vibes as you can you can because the relationships that you're continuing to build, because when your name is eventually called again, people are going to want your success and they're gonna be rooting for you in your own team. Right, but if you become one of those guys that are bitching and complaining, like hey, I would have made that throw instead of us all but you.
Speaker 2: And again in his like in his shoes, those things could be justified if he was kind of being that guy, like bitter and upset about them and everything else, like he could easily take that easy way out. But you're right, like if the when, if, when the moment does come frohim to go back in, people are gonna remember how you handled yourself. You're you're obviously remembering how you handled yourself. You're prepared for this next opportunity, and you're not like, I don't know I love it. I love everything Justin was about last week. It's the full.
Speaker 6: Whatever happens in your life is your fault. Yes, you're successful, it's your fault. If you do bad, it's your fault. Yeah, he seems like he has the right answer to it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's fucking somebody another team would want to maybe go get in the trade.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Yeah, you guys who are hurting a quarterback who might need a spark that could be.
Speaker 4: I don't think the Steelers are walking away from him though, No they're not. They're not.
Speaker 2: You'd have to give a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably you probably would. And yeah, I just don't see. But my thought is if he was gonna go into free agency next year or something like that, like there's gonna be plenty of teams calling to get a guy like that, especially when you're able to see those kinds of press conferences. I love the quote of like it's your fault, whether successful or you failure, like that is that's awesome.
Speaker 2: And to like it's valuable to have a quality backup quarterback like that. Ain't you're not just because you have a backup quarterback who can play. It's not like you're not immediately looking to deal him like it's it's positive. It's a good thing to have a guy like that on your roster, Marcus. But dude, I love the way he handled all of last week. Truly a beast because again, like I can think of back on a situation where I was very bitter that I didn't get the opportunity to play at one point in my career in Washington. I want to say it might have been like my last It was like in my last year before I came to Tennessee, and I was mad and upset, like they the starter. I was the backup middle linebacker. The starter went out and got a shoulder surgery. I thought I was going to be the guy the next week going in and they split our reps and my reps was on bass. His reps are on nickel. And in this league now you play more being a nickel linebacker than you do in bass, like your plays are few and far in between. And we had Dallas coming in and I was a legitimate pissed off and very bitter and just being a bitch about the entire thing for a moment, and you sit there and you realize, like, no matter what, I have to be ready for every snap that I get on base, whether it's two snaps, whether it's eight snaps, whether it's ten snaps, because no matter what, when I go out there, if I don't play well, I'm just proving them right. I'm proving everybody else right in the entire situation. But if I just stick to whatever my role is, play well, Like at least I know I poured everything into it, and I know I'm not just taking the easy way out of just bitching and complaining, because again, you go out and you play poorly, and I'm just you know, if my mentality is like, yeah, well I didn't get the opportunity, I didn't get a shot. Well, no matter what, you had some snaps to go out there and play, like did you play well or not? If you didn't and you're bitching about it, you're just proving everybody else that, like, hey, we made the right call. Like your mentality and everything else, is it built to handle something like that. So it is. That's why I love the way Justin has handled all that stuff, because again, the team's gonna need him at some point this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a common theme level of sports, high school, college or NFL you always find the guys that want to bitch you complain that are not playing, and then nine times out of ten, when they get that opportunity, they go in and they ship the bed. Even as a guy that would listen to them bitch and complain, you think to yourself, well there's your answer right there. But then they want to come back and give you the same fucking reason why this shit didn't work out for him, right, which is fucking It's like.
Speaker 2: If I'm bitching you and you're thinking, yeah, you should.
Speaker 4: Be the guy out there, and.
Speaker 2: You see me go out there and play poorly, it's like, hey, man, like even the ops you are getting, you're not taking advantage of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like then to take it, take it a step further. Those guys that bitch and complain about not playing, once they do go play and they don't have the success, their first reaction is to go and bitch and complain. If you would have had X, Y and Z, I would have made that play. It's like, obviously you were your own problem.
Speaker 2: Yea, you are your it's still loser mentality excuses over we jb saying everything's your fault, accountability and have an optimism. Whatever your role is, you want to do it to the best of your reality.
Speaker 4: What's what's funny is listening to you talk about your you know, those first few years at Washington and being like, everything's your opportunity. I'd make the most out of it. And then thinking back to twenty twenty when we played the Broncos, you're going with Sean and be like, please, for the love of God, play every snap because I am not ready to play the stage ten days before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, motherfucker, you guys got first Yeah, first series where Shot throws a punch.
Speaker 4: I remember literally seeing Will like, I don't know what was that, like the second or third quarter, and You're just like you looked like a dead man, just so out of your mind because it's hard, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the COVID, the first COVID when there's no juice there. Oh, literally, hell dude.
Speaker 4: And taking any break from football is the worst. I mean, guys who are able to, you know, essentially manipulate the system like you did so well as we would like kind of take camp off for a little bit and then go. That is a true art form because literally, my wife and I last night were actually talking when I was texting with Marcus and she's like, what if you and Marcus just went back, She's like, how long? How long do you think you like you could get like ready to go. I was like, dude, first off, let's take the knee out of it. Just I literally think to myself, three four months of me, like I can get my technique back, I'd feel pretty good about it. And then I really thought about more, was like, there's not a fucking chance in hell I could go back to that and be nearly successful or probably even play. Probably I probably would not make the team right now, because once you get even a little bit removed and you get that callous of the of camp and everything, you kind of like you just you can just feel it a little bit more. But man, any sort of break, any sort of time, that's what I think is impressive. You were able to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate that we are still ten. There are a lot of people out there, A lot of people are clamoring huh. I keep trying to tell you on my guys, I appreciate it. It's it's it's done. So I want to say. Kurk Bankirk posted a video You're making the Yeah making this tackle hung over, old buddy. Was it Josh Allen in Jacksonville? Just a brutal angle? No, he looks about like how I would look if I was out there that the I would just go the extra step and probably tear an a c L. But it was Did you see it? No? I did? Oh, bro, it was a bad angle by this. Uh I think it was. I think he was Josh Allen forty one right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, bro, it was brutal Josh on the d N for Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, running out to us making a sideline tackle and just kind of breaks down and like is slowly turning as the guy makes a cut inside it at.
Speaker 1: Least left his feet, Yeah, at least at.
Speaker 2: Least stopping like dive and dive off the diving board. Yeah, it's literally like turning with the angle.
Speaker 4: What world are you living in if people who are watching, who truly think your ten might still actually be alive? How many snaps do you think you could actually play right now?
Speaker 2: One for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are you saying? Like if I were to play this weekend?
Speaker 4: No, this weekend, you know what I mean, It's not happening. If you had three months to train legit, Hey will we need you?
Speaker 2: Well, if I had three months of train I could play special teams all game, all game, all game. Think about it, think about the kickoff rule.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, that's that's way.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, covering each getting in somebody's way on the block, and then pump protection is just protecting. Then get out and cover. Like I'm probably sprinting four to eight times that game. If I have three four months of training, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Special teams all game about defense.
Speaker 2: No defense, that's a different animal, and not not even from the body standpoint of just like fully diving in like having the mentality of preparing all week long, every little detail like I just I wouldn't be the guy you truly are. Yeah, yeah, I'd be out there guessing.
Speaker 7: You think you're breaking down with your mirror gibbs coming at you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's that's the thing. Like my feet, the way my feet will feel after I run, my ankles and stuff like that, Like you were talking about the callous and you get like in training camp and everything else. Like I mean, I would be on a I would be hurt if I play defense. I would truly be hurt within the first quarter.
Speaker 4: Dog even the small, like the small things that happen, Like when you start camp, you have these loose jerseys on, and after one practice, the rubbing on your neck and for like the next four or five.
Speaker 2: Days just your neck being sore from wearing a helmet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your neck is literally sort for wearing helmet. You have like a rash on your neck for like a week, and that takes a week to get over. Yeah, Like just the thought of that pain it sounds. I was so fucking miserable.
Speaker 2: I'd be on every offensive lineman Tilight film if I I can't. I truly can't even imagine playing defense anymore. I can't even imagine. I mean, we'll see these guys hit now, even at college games. I and I've gotten to the points where I'm like, I can't even believe I was out there doing it because it hurt, Like it hurts my body.
Speaker 4: In December, when we were at the Barstool Bowl game Wyoming versus Toledo, and I'm watching the Wyoming offensive lineman warm up and I'm thinking to myself that shit's gotta hurt so bad.
Speaker 2: She's getting your hands put on.
Speaker 1: Just did you hear it?
Speaker 4: Like, my fucking I'm brittle, dude. There's not a ch not a chance. JPF cut you off.
Speaker 6: One month ago, Will literally tweeted, OMG, it's so hot outside.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, but it's October now, it's a favorable weather. Yeah you're it's true. But yeah, bro, as hot as it was, I feel so bad for guys that are in training camp.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, ogg omg, it's so hot outside right now. It used to be nothing, man, used to be nothing, just on this couch, just staring at that phone. Let's uh, man, let's rip the bandate off.
Speaker 2: Yeah what is this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: That was me on the honeymoon, right, yeah, I'm in my honeymoon. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What are we doing there?
Speaker 2: Just showing how my tans getting rolling?
Speaker 4: Anything to show them cheeks off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you see that bubble back there? You see that bubble back there?
Speaker 4: They work and that is a wild photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, that was you know, my contact you're making the jp and I were driving down to Atlanta. That's when your team was still alive.
Speaker 1: But I take that photo?
Speaker 2: That did I take that photo?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? College football?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in hell.
Speaker 4: Do you want to go first? You know, me to go first, wind up this episode to bring you game Time. Football season is here and we can't wait to get get out of some games this fall. With the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, you know how much we love game Time Now with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they're making even easier to get to a game. Game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets. Listen, boys, we got Michigan versus Michigan State this week, the battle for Paul Burnian Trophy. Who's gonna be State Champs? And I saw these amazing deals on game Time Picks for great seats only at game time. Just pull up your chosen event and turn on GT picks setting at the top of your screen, or browse the best local game Time Pick Picks deals near you on game Time app homepage. What are you waiting for? I'm gonna go buy those Michigan Michigan State tickets now with the game Time Picks down of the game Time app today and use code bust and that's b U ss I n to easily score great deals with the new game time picks. What time is that game?
Speaker 1: What time is it?
Speaker 4: Get back to this episode.
Speaker 2: Uh, look, one thing I'm not gonna do. And I was talking to actually, I was talking to Sherman about this last week. It is so fucking easy to hit the panic button and call for people, says, because that is what I feel like some Husker fans are doing. They're so insanely pissed off. And here's the empathy, the only empathy I kind of have with them, because it's the last two decades, the last twenty years, when there's a moment to where we have a chance to get over the hump, whether we're a ranked team, whether we're have a winning season going on, whether we're losing and have an opportunity like Nebraska did. We do have this style about us to where we have an embarrassing loss. So I do empathize with that part. But as far as compartmentalizing and speaking on just this season and just this game, yes, you do not want to lose fifty six to seven. But I swear to God and I'm going to start grinning, but I believe it to my core. This fifty six to seven score is way worse than what the film shows. We did not play well, We did not make any we did not make the plays we needed to make. But we went on long drives. We went on three ten plus drives where we only came away total with seven points. The run defense was It was disappointing to watch because they are a defense who holds themselves to a very high standard and they usually, for the most part, play well. But their gap integrity was off. They were the Indiana and by the way, shout out the Indiana football team. They played better than this. Yeah, they were Signetti has those boys rolling. They whooped our fucking ass. But if I'm just talking about the Huskers, if I'm just talking about Husker football, that ass whooping, I swear to God, is not as bad as how the score looks. We just didn't finish drives. Dylan had a couple picks that sucked. But we have a quarterback. We can listen, we can run the football, we can do all the different things. All we got Burt.
Speaker 4: Here, Hang on, Bert, hold on, Burt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Let's wait, let's knock it this is let's let's knock this out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have optimism. I said it about the Titans. The problem is in that building. We also have the answer. In that building. We have the players, we have the coaching staff, We have the guys to get this thing right, get this thing going. It sucks that we played as bad as we did, but I'm telling you, I'm telling you we were driving the ball. We didn't get off the field when we needed to. You know, when they go up, I want to say seven to oh or maybe fourteen oh, we have a solid drive. It ends we're going forward on fourth down, we would have the we would have got the conversion. We fumbled the ball and give it back to him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Coming out of the third quarter, we put together a fourteen to fifteen play drive. Dylan ends up throwing it right behind the tight end. Safety makes an incredible play coming across the field and ends up picking it off, almost takes it back for a pick six. So we just we put ourselves in bad situations. Then the next time we come out, we have another interception where we don't pick up protection. Dylan tries to make he wants to try and make a play, ends up thrown it to the other team. You just have a bad play. But I'm telling you we were putting drives together. We did a very poor job blocking on the perimeter where plays are there, calls were calls were made, where we are in position to make the play. We just don't make the play. So it's it's cleaning up how we're blocking on the perimeter. It's being gaps sound in the run defense. We knew we'd have a problem with Indiana. They're a very good offense. They can move the football. We did have sticky coverage and the quarterbacks, both quarterbacks were just making plays and the receivers were making plays. That just what sometimes that that is the way the game goes. We had a very bad game. We did not show up ready to play. I know rules talked about he's taking all the accountability in the world. He's embarrassed, he hates it. But I'm telling you this isn't We are not dead. We're not dead. Fucking put the cheese out, set the traps. We can go into a hot state. We can win this game. We can win the like. I say that because I know everybody else is gonna laugh at it, But I swear to God. I swear to God that score was not we are not on life support. We're not on life so no one's laughing at that because I know. But everybody like you do the thing where I come out. I'm like, we're gonna beat their ass. Take your bread and port clone and shove it up your ass because the Huskers are coming. Everybody's coming after me. I got players DM in me, I got fans from Indiana DM and me. I got Buck Rising texted me, I know how this shit looks because I'm the most optimistic Huskers fan. But I swear I only got to watch one quarter because we were out our meet and greet out of Tennessee. We didn't get to watch the last three quarters of the user game. I watched it yesterday on Sunday. I watched the entire game. I'm stopping, I'm rewinding, I'm going to it. I'm looking at the gap sound, I'm looking at the play calls we have going. We're driving on offense. We just make we made. We didn't execute when we needed to execute. And I swear the way the game went, that game couldn't wouldn't have been as bad as it was. But you listen to rule didn't want to keep going out there. They wanted to still fire, they wanted to still throw the ball, they wanted to still try and make it come back, and it just didn't work out that way. It didn't work out that way.
Speaker 4: You get towards the end of the game, these are pressing little too hard. Things just don't go.
Speaker 2: You're right, people are saying that we laid down, we quit. That didn't fucking happen. That did not fucking happen.
Speaker 4: No, no, no one. The people that are saying that are delusional Husker fans. If Husker fans are over there calling for ruleshead and calling for the other personnel to get the fuck out of there, they are the wrong Husker fans right now to be in that seat they are now. Everybody has bad games. Nebraska corn Husters is a good fucking ball club, all right now. Indiana is a lot better than we all expected. We knew going to that game that Indiana was awesome. They have a whole bunch of transfers that came from SCC schools ACC schools to the conference formerly known as the PAC twelve schools. They have had a lot of guys in Spagnetti is that his name? Signetti? Has done an amazing job in the transfer portal, not looking at names, but looking at productivity. He has done an awesome job of turning that program around. The corn Husters had a bad day. It is, it is what it is. But if you're a Huskers fan and you are now waving the white flag halfway through the season, well then the shame should be on you, because that's a good ball club over there in Lincoln, Nebraska, and they got an opportunity against the Ohio State buck guys. Ohio State had a devastating loss, and you in Oregon and we could go have a whole bye week to live and feel that whole time. Two things can happen out of that. You can now go and think, Okay, we're gonna we're gonna, you know, go scorched earth on everybody, or doubt starts to creep in a little bit. Now, the twelve thirteen million dollars you spent an nil, that money's fill a whole lot better than the actual culture. I'm saying it's a coin flip fifty to fifty between the brassic Cornhuskers and the hostate Buckeyes this coming weekend.
Speaker 2: And if you are one of those Husker fans.
Speaker 4: Fuck you, fuck you.
Speaker 2: I told Cherman, what did I tell you last week? The way you were talking about Baylor? I'm like, no, bro, you don't get it. It is so goddamn easy to lose your shit, start pointing the finger, doing everything else other than be like, hey, we're in the fucking trenches right now. We're low right now, but there's no time to bleed because we're going to Ohio State and we got to muster something together. The problem is here, the answer is in here. I swear to God right and fuck those Husker fans.
Speaker 4: Not all you guys know.
Speaker 2: You guys know I don't feel that way. You guys know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Also, could you please clip Will saying fuck you Husker fans, just for my own person and socials. Thank you. Now, Michigan, we got a lot of problems, boys, we got some issues going on here.
Speaker 2: We ain't in this situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, we get so much, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: We we got we got a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen here here here's the issue. The self inflicted wounds of the wolverines is as apparent as ever. Tuttle gave us a little bit of life in the Washington game, but ended up having a bunch of turnovers and those types of things. The same thing happened against Illinois, which, by the way, those fucking Illinois uniforms might be the most disgusting things of all time. I see they're doing the tip of the cap. It's been one hundred years of the lie and nine, the leather helmet, all that stuff. The uniforms looked horrible, but our defense is solid. Three or four times Illinois offense gets into the red zone and come away with three points or nothing. The defense had had a much better game now. Still, I don't like how much we're blitzing. When it comes to the offense. We just Donovan Edwards. I think the boys got the gifts a little bit. I love the kid to death, it just seems like he's having a hard time. He had a run on the left side where he goes and fumbles. The ball goes right into the Illinois Now the Illinois offense, or so the Michigan offense, tuttle third and seven, starts running. It's open, gets tracked down from behind, ball gets hammered out, fumble, They get a turnover on a short field. A couple of series later, we have a pick that gets called back, they have a pick six or maybe down to the four yard line that gets called back. The next play or the play following that, another fumble. These issues are just snowballing and the thing that breaks my heart. And I like Tuddle, I like Orgy, and I like the kid that started at quarterback in the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, we just don't have the quality passing we need for the talent we have on this team. That is a a criticism, but it is one that it's like, this is just the reality of what's going on with the Michigan Wolverines. We don't have the ability to push the ball downfield vertically, like we just can't do it. Dave Portnoa has himself Michigan fans, I'm on it, and I literally that actually gave me hope because if you look at we are our offensive line gelling coming together. Our tight end. That's the person I probably feel most I feel most bad for is because he is a kid that is was argued as maybe the best tight end all of college roule before the football season started, and you just don't have a way to get him the football. There was multiple outs ends, routes that he was running where there was plenty of separation where they just couldn't connect to him. The kid, I'll tell you what his draft stock might be going down, But my god, whoever picks him up is going to have the steal of the draft because this kid just isn't able to put the film out there that he wants to put out there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's because it's truly like it.
Speaker 4: We just don't have somebody that can throw them the ball.
Speaker 2: And I in defensively speaking, hey guys, stop the run. Make who whatever quarterbacks out there beat is. And when we know it's a passing situation, we're gonna have a couple sets of eyes on Loveland. And so you take away those things like it's it's gonna be hard for you, guys.
Speaker 4: Illinois quarterback, as you know, as Nebraska found out, that quarterback is really good. He's good enough at throwing and he's yeah, he's an elusive quarterback. When you are in a two minute or a passing down situation, you need to have coordinated rushes. You need to have pressure up the middle and not go past the line of the quarterback to get back to him. When he tries to break through those gaps, those big gaps, sea gaps, a gaps when he's trying when he's trying to run because he's going to make plays with his legs, and so those are a lot of things that fell apart towards the end of that game as well. Is this a Big Ten championship team this year? No, it's not. Do we have a lot of talent on this football team. Yes, We're just missing a few key pieces that unfortunately are the most important position and in football. And I hate saying like this is I'm not trying to shit on those guys that are playing and putting their heart in the line every single day. It just it's the proofs in the pudding and we have the film out there where we just can't push the ball in the field. Like I said, I like those guys. I think they're I've DMed with all of them. I think they're fantastic. The fact that they're still sticking it out and putting one hundred percent of themselves in the field every time they go on is an admirable thing. We got all We got Michigan State this week. We got the Paul bunnyan Trophy. Michigan State's also four and three. It's in ann arbor at at seven thirty this weekend. Michigan's favored by minus either favored by five and a half right now. And I'm nervous because I've been real fucking nasty in the Michigan State fans. Of all the college football programs, I despise Michigan State the most. They're not it's an ugly campus. They're they're they're a less than program. They they don't deserve to be on the same football field as a prestigious program like the University of Michigan. However, it's gonna be a fucking ball game at night in a harbor, and that scares the shit out of me. That scares the absolute shit out of me.
Speaker 2: So we're hurting right now.
Speaker 1: We're hurting.
Speaker 2: That's all it is. We're hurting right now. We're hurting right now. But people think.
Speaker 4: Sharan Moore is not the answer, go fuck yourself, because he he is. He is the guy. We just have. One key issue is that we're unfortunately playing a game with throwing turned off right now. That's just that's how we've essentially set up our settings in the game, and that's just how that's just how it's working out. Go to somebody else's that's sade.
Speaker 1: Go to Garrett.
Speaker 2: We can uh. So we have our guests for next week. He's here in the shop right now, Bert Chreischer. We're we're gonna jump to him. But all the rest of our football talk Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina game Cocks put an absolute ass whooping on Oklahoma last weekend. We will talk about all that stuff in our new show, The Locker Room this Thursday. That's gonna drop at six am in the morning, our new show, They'll Lockram, all ball talk, all football talk. We will get to all of that stuff. Right now, we're gonna jump to the Adam A. The Adam Ray Interview. His new special releases on November nineteenth. This was as fun of an interview as you can imagine. The twisting question is unreal at the marriage.
Speaker 4: The best twisted question answer we've ever had.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of fun. This shout out the boy, Adam. We had a very fun podcast episode. You guys are gonna love this again. We're gonna hit an ad read. We're gonna dive into the Adam Ray episode. If you're still tuned in right now, do not forget just I encourage you navigate over, hit the subscribe button, hit the like button, and leave some comments along.
Speaker 4: And before we leave, listen, there's ten more days left of spook Toober. This is when you press the gas. This is the time. We got the merch right here stored up barstool sports dot com. Go ahead and grab you some. The merch has done really well. Garrett, who is our merch guy, has told us that you guys have really bought in. We appreciate you doing that. We literally have ten days left and then we have to wait a whole another three sixty five just to jump back in bed with thirty one days a fright. So, for the love of God, put a pumpkin in the chat. Let us know that you are supporting Spooktober, because right after this, boys, jingle bells are going to start ringing and we're going to give a hell of a week two Thanksgiving. But we have ten more days to embrace spooky season. Let's make the most out of it. Bake hugs, tiny kisses. Please, for the love of God, enjoy this episode, because we really did.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you Fireball. Fireball is the perfect shot for game day, whether you buying those sneaky little shooters before going into the stadium, are going big with the fireball cake for your tailgate. Whether it's a pregame shot in the tailgate lot or a celebratory touchdown shot at the bar. No matter what, it's guaranteed to ignite your game day. Fireballs iconic cinnamon flavor, taste fire and goes down easy, making it the ultimate crowd pleaser. That's why it's the number one shot in the US and we love it every time we go to the most recent spot, we're at Knoxville, Tennessee, when we're doing socials with the boys with those little fireball shooters. Fireball Whiskey is here to give you the spark to nite that rivalry all season long. Grab your football buddy around and rig nite the rivalry flame. Back to the episode.
Speaker 1: Sports fan at All, Huge Dude, we could we could, I know that that's a part of the show. We could talk the whole time sports and then we could do a separate comedy one. But we'll we'll try to find a healthy.
Speaker 4: Huge dude rolling right now go around flaws.
Speaker 1: Huh, first time caller, a long time listener. There we go always when we'll come and grab some fucking some web above.
Speaker 4: My web above your head, dude.
Speaker 1: That reminded me. I used to work at Universal Studios. Uh, it was my first day job. I played Wolverine. Then I was a tour guide and I hosted the Fear Factor live show. But your form was very There was a spider Man there. There were three spider Man's, three Wolverines. I was third streaking Wolverine U because I didn't know shit about the fucking kids. Wore be like, what's Wolverine's favorite food? And I was like, Padata's out. That's one of my first jokes. And uh, I really would say that. And then my boss was like, you don't be funny. Wolving is not funny. Like she'd hear me out in the park and be like, stop making fucking jokes. I'm like, I'm a comedian. She's like, well, maybe there's the wrong fith for you. I'm like, well, maybe you were a ex Disney princess to put on some weight and now you're taking it out of the character. So I don't want to say her full name.
Speaker 4: She was overweight. She was actually a big goal.
Speaker 1: She was she was a big goal and she's fine now. But she just was like yeah anyway, but so uh yeah, the Spider Man was. There was one of them that was uh was was gay and he was fucking dude, his fucking what he would fire webs. Dude.
Speaker 8: It was always a little like just you know, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: It was just different. You know, it wasn't little too. I sound like a dad who's definitely not uh fel like my son's not bad. He's just different, you know, but uh.
Speaker 2: He breaks a little too much.
Speaker 1: There's a little too much. And he and there was a guy who was playing Shrek and they were dating and they got somebody was fucking somebody and they got into it in character in the park, bro, when I tell you, like, you know, I used to live with the guy who worked at AT and T and a guy was a chef, and we'd come home at night and all like commiserate stories. You know, how was your day? And my buddy at and T big you know, I fucking hate people, dude. People come in and they just they don't know how to work the phones. They're just like they're like, how would I upgrade the plane? It's like, I already upgrade it for you. Do you even know, like you know it won't turn on, like it's it's actually on right now. And then my chef buddy just be blackout drunk, because you know, anyone that works in the you know, the food industry, they you know, they work and they come home when they booze, right, So he'd be fucked up. And they're like, Adam, how is your dad? And I was like, dude, I saw a trolley drive by me with SpongeBob, Curious George and h Fible splasting the song oh e u Ching Chang walla wallah bing bang. And I was holding a multi colored score gun and I was playing a nineteen forties cop and my boss told me put down the score gun. You're ruining nineteen forties New York. And I'm like, did you hear the fucking trolley that just drove by blasting that song. I'm not a history buff, but I don't think ou ching Cheng wallawah bingway was being played during World War Two anyway. So who you guys voting for it? Now? What was the question?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So uh, spider Man. So then Spider Man Shrek they're fighting and and I was just like, dude, this is wild because kids thought it was a part of like a daytime show. But they were like got into it because Shrek was under the fucking thing. Was like he's just a friend, he's or whatever. And he's like watch your faith book, you know in the park, dude.
Speaker 4: Well, kids are around trying to take photos.
Speaker 1: They got no clue. They're like this is like, oh they I guess you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now multi un multiverse before it even started. Yeah, man, how long did you have that job for?
Speaker 1: I was so I went to USC. I was there during the Trojan War, the Pete Carroll years. Yeah, my first one to five.
Speaker 2: So my first year the years that you hang your hat on.
Speaker 1: I mean we're talking, you know, not just Lioner Reggie Lindale Carson for two years, but fucking Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, you know too.
Speaker 8: I mean, oh my god, dude, up the up and down the line.
Speaker 1: And uh and now Sammy D's become a good buddy of mine who had a good run there, and it's you know five and oh and uh, making making everybody in so look good.
Speaker 2: It was having a hell of a year, bro, a great year, Sam Donald, Oh yeah, it's so cool.
Speaker 1: Sports are so I mean, you guys know this, man, it's so wild, Like people get written off so quickly when they have expectations, and I guess understandably so, but man, to be number three pick I can have a shit situation. And I just saw him in Minnesota, was out there doing shows and he I go, I keep hearing these pundits try to act like they know you and say like, oh San Francisco, like he got better, Like of course, dude, you back up, you were Shanhan and that's why he's doing well. And I go, what is that? Like? Now I want to ask the source. Did I have something to do with it? He goes dude, I always will say, now I got my PhD in football being in San France. No, yeah, and he goes, I he said, uh, just understanding coverages more obviously, being more seasoned, more comfany in your own skin. But he said, uh, look at that baby boy face. Dude, look at that fucking five inches hard dude. And so he uh, he said, uh, that just taking his time and learning not to that you don't have to force anything, is what he really got. He's like so many young qbs like I want to scramble, would have to feel like they got to make a play. And he's like knowing that it's okay to throw it away if it's not there, right. And so then I said, well what about I think a few games ago when he scrambled out to the left and hit Jefferson and corner and he goes, well, it was third down. I knew we had points, and so it was, uh, you know, trying to make something happen. As soon as I got outside the pocket, I saw him and he goes and I saw the defender's back turn, and I was just like, oh, I feel bad for this guy because he was just like, oh, this is six, you know, especially when have a goy like Justin Jennerson, who he says it's like the greatest guys ever, like, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he might be the goat when it's all sent him.
Speaker 1: McCaffrey are like the two studs of the shout at McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: First off, he is like, if there was a mural to have on this buster would be McCaffrey. He's wie white hot. Yeah, he gives all of us. We have all white employees, and it's just like.
Speaker 1: God for you man, give dude, give him a chance, dude, because I'll say, but being at SC during that time, you know the Lakers were at were Kobe Shack running the table and uh, you know what, Dodgers I guess were okay. But SC football was king, dude. I mean it was. That's why when Reggie got in trouble, I was everybody was so pissed because it was, like, dude, they were Bush Jerseys everywhere, not just around campus, all of us. I mean, he was a got. He was so so give him escalating, a bubblet whatever you gave him, dude, Like I think he earned it.
Speaker 2: Every every kid around the country too, was watching his highlights.
Speaker 4: To wear one hundred five, to take advantage of a city like l A and have everybody actually back, it's gotta be one of the hardest things to do. I heard they were like these guys were dating celebrities in in college.
Speaker 1: You'd see Kardashians are on campus.
Speaker 4: And like Kardashians before Kardashian this is when.
Speaker 1: Paraslow that yeah before Paris. Yeah, yeah, I think it was like reality TV got going. What was the height of it, probably about early mid two thousands.
Speaker 4: Maybe think yeah, he was going off next roomaders reality TV?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Does that count?
Speaker 8: I mean not like the how we I guess view it now.
Speaker 4: But but if you live back in like oh, one to five, like the Paris Hilton show, whatever that show.
Speaker 1: Was called, don't act like you don't know it.
Speaker 4: I don't. I swear to god, we.
Speaker 1: Come up with it right now. It was with her and Lionel start right, Homegrown or fucking twat City or what was it?
Speaker 4: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I watched five seasons of Twat City without even knowing what it was.
Speaker 4: What is twat City?
Speaker 1: It's not a real show.
Speaker 4: What do you talk?
Speaker 1: I was just I said, well, I was trying to come up with the name of the Nicole Ritchie Para Hilton show, Simple Life.
Speaker 8: See I knew it was a couple bangers, Boom boom, simple life.
Speaker 4: Simple Life City. On that show, Kim Kardashian was like Paras Siltan's lackey. Yes, and that's like one to five. This is before like the peak. The peak is now right, Everyone's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jersey Shore was hot back in two thousand.
Speaker 1: Saw Jersey Short and I was like, Wow, this is unbelievable because the hype I letting you.
Speaker 2: Bet hey, we got a grenade outside, bro I dud Snooky.
Speaker 1: Just liked one of my reels and I'm like, I kind of got a little like, okay, yeah, dude. I might have been on you know, killed Tony guests in the year, but this SNOOKI took a punch from a pe teacher, you know. Yeah, that show. The hype got so big and I almost didn't want to watch it because I was like, there's no way it's going to live up to what you have created. And it surpassed it.
Speaker 4: Dude, no shit.
Speaker 1: I mean I was high as balls, but it was also like they were just it felt like real world. They were still people, Like they felt like you could see that guy outside.
Speaker 2: These guys were like insane.
Speaker 8: You're like, they're caricatures of human beings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they but they weren't. They were like, I mean, look like, I feel like that guy was that guy before that camera started rolling. He was just like, yeah, dude, nothing's changing, and they.
Speaker 2: Must have Jim the GTL Jim Dan Laundry. Jim Laundry for.
Speaker 1: The situation on the the shirt before the shirt, the shirt before the shirt, dude, Yeah, but so yeah, a huge sportsman, I mean Seattle guy. So obviously Pete went to Seattle. That was amazing. That's why it was so sad when he got cans because it was like, dude, that was my stepdad for seventeen years. Huge M's fan sonics rip. You know, we can talk about the sonial even we can also talk about my parents' divorce whatever. However sad you want to make this fucking podcast, they'll be back though. I've got an Sean Kempto real Well m GP, which is fucking red and smoked. Dude. I did a Doctor Phil Live show in Seattle at this about thousand Seed Theater. We're gonat make it real Seattle. We're doing this big Doctor Phil Live tour now right, and all these theaters and so in each place, you want to try to, you know, get somebody from Like when we do the Nashville one, we got some you know, pretty big music guys from down here. They're gona come on. And some people that just it's you know, try to get somebody from here, if not, fly them out to there if they're not from there, and just make the show as special as possible. So Joe McHale is a good buddy mine. He's a big Seattle baby, and he was in Vancouver shooting his Fox show and so he stayed down. And then we got Sean Kemp come on and some seahawks, and then we got the fish the market fish guys, right, we hit him up. We're like, how much to come throw fish into the fucking crowd and they were like, we're fucking fans man, Like, we'll do it for this amount if you just want to buy the fish. So it was like, you know, I think seventy five fish. And then there was a king Samue that it was like three hundred and so it became a cool thing where it was like we're gonna do Seattle trivia with Joel mcchel. So it was like they were all fans of manty questions, like Joel, you know costco wash was created after you know what suburban fedi And I'd give like a bunch of names and every answer he got would be right, and then turn the watch on who wants to catch a fucking fish and then these guys would come out and the musical blame bro I've never seen you know, you go to any sporting event when they got the T shirt, cannon or fucking you know, beanies whatever talks about people go nuts. Dude, Yeah, we love free shit. Stop saying it's just a jew thing. Man. Everyone loves free shit. And this guy fucking bare handed one dude. The place went bonkers, and uh, dude, it was awesome. So but Kemp came on and the next day he hit me up and that's my white rapper brother in law, d'Arte. He close the show out, fucking you know, made his night. And he hit me up the next day, Rainman, and he goes, he's in my phone is rain Man and he goes, dude's so fun, like, come down to the shop. He's got a weed shop called Kemp's Cannabis in downtown Seattle. And he goes, come on down, let's burn one down and like go get some lunch. And I'm like, yeah, dude, whatever you fucking say. You could have said, let's go vandalize the asking Robbins, Let's go kidnap a fucking gaggle of little people. And sell him to hamas whatever you want to do. And so we go down to Kem's Cannabis and where's Burnt. We're walking around downtown Seattle on a beautiful summer day smoking joints. He's asking me about comedy ship. He's telling unbelievable NBA stories and it's just like bro comedy got like it's just wild dude, and he's a he's a fucking very cool guy.
Speaker 4: And and uh yeah, man, did you ever see like this amount of door is opening for you when you decided to do comedy?
Speaker 1: No way, man, you can't even.
Speaker 2: I mean you remember a doctor Phil tour yea which is crazy and doctor oh absolutely yeah, the clips or everywhere Doctor Phil what he's the one that said you were the kill Tony guests of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gave that whole clip to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, he's uh when does this come out?
Speaker 2: By the way next weeesday?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Well there's some stuff will tell you guys off camp. But he's he's uh signed off on the show and like I've talked to him recently and he's just like it's real funny.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, you would have known a long time ago if I wasn't cool with this ship, you know, yeah, and uh, and he was like, you know, when we first talked, he was like, I got one request, Can you stop kissing me? Is Bobby Lee or kissing Bobby Lee as me kiss Bobby Lee twice? And I go, I can't do that, Phil. I go, I know that you're happy married to forty eight years, but I also know you love the soft, supple lips of a fifty old Korean man.
Speaker 8: And I swear I got takes a beat and he goes, we'll be right big.
Speaker 1: This guy's funny shit because he's watching up and he's yeah, there, I mean that's a fucking bad angle because that looks like I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like, yeah, that's that's a first kiss. Look, have you guys you talked to doctor Phil about coming on and you interview?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's in the works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in the works right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so but you know it's I knew my intentions the whole time weren't. I was never trying to defame him. It was just all goofy parody. And but you still don't know how someone's gonna take being impersonated right there. I've heard from friends that have been on Saduray Night Live that there's been guests that have come on and you know, my friend whoever does an amazing impression of them. So it's like, oh, what a great opportunity to do some sort of looking in the mirror sketch or having two McConaughey, whatever it is. Yeah, and the person is like, don't I don't want any part of that. And You're like, dude, what a bummer? Like if you can't laugh at yourself? And again, I don't feel like what I'm doing is I'm not up there being like, you know, women deserve a couple fuck you can you know a lot tap from time. You know, I'm not doing anything like that that makes him look bad or or I don't pull from, you know, the what he actually does in real life. It's just all heightened and it's still me throwing the makeup, you know. But you know, it was the Actors Strike hit and and after COVID, I just kind of got to a real stale point where it's like, you know, you guys are the same way. It's like you're just always trying to throw darts man and be creative and find ways to you know, not just make money and support yourself. But like for me, it's like if I'm not flexing the creative muscle and like trying to do new shit, like fuck, what are you doing? You know, going on stage and doing the same shit every time. So I love doing crowworking between my shows, you know, pepper through because it just breaks the monotony of straight material, you know, and it's it's you know, it's the spontaneity of not knowing what's going to happen. And so when the actor strike was happening, it was like I don't want to wait around for jobs to happen, and really waiting around to being other people's shit just runs its course. So it was like, all right, I love doing I love be on stage. I you know, had a you know, went to USC for for acting school, and then you know, I did a bunch of plays and and that's why I started doing stand up because I just like be on stage. And I was like, there's gotta be something else I can do. I've been fucking around with Jeremiah Watkins during COVID doing these like Lost Doctor Phil episodes with all his characters, so I kind of honed the character that way. And I was doing these Adam Ray and Friends shows at the Comedy Store and everyone started kind of doing you know, I think it's just around that time and and Friends show, and I was like, fuck, now, I'm just like one of like I'm just doing what everyone's doing, you know, right, And again that just makes you feel like, uh, like, yeah, I'm just like I got more to bring to the table and build totally, dude, and and you're like, I want to you gotta try like it. But you know, doing a live show, then there's the you know, always the apprehension of like, oh, like fucking this, I you know, the store is my home club, so the staff like they're gonna be judging me doing something different, and your comic friends in the back watching. You just have to get over that shit, right, So eventually it was like, who fucking cares if this bombs, You gotta try, you gotta try something. And Bill Burr had to cancel the last show, so I knew I had him committed to the uh to whatever next show I did, So I called him up and I was like, Billy, I might like I'm thinking about doing this like a live show, is doctor Phil, I don't know what it looks like.
Speaker 8: It's like a late night show. I'll interview you, maybe do some stand up.
Speaker 1: And he just couldn't have been quicker to be like, dude, fucking yes, dude, I'm fucking in. That's fucking so funny, dude, make fun of my anger issues, say that I got a black wife going on that you know, and uh. And it was like it crushed. It sold out in a day and then so I was like, at least I.
Speaker 4: Because I want to do that was the first episode was the.
Speaker 1: First about a year ago, yeah, probably about a year ago, a couple couple of weeks ago, and he just ripped and he and I had a great banterer and he immediately was like I want to He's like, we're gonna do it again. You gotta go harder at me because I was trying to find my house. Bill's my favorite comic. So I'm like, you know, even though I'm in character and I feel a little more comfort to jab, and I'm still like, I don't want to fucking not be funny in front of them. But so I felt pretty good and then we did it the second time, and it was just like we started the show and I was like you and he said something, and I go, you're still your fucking cucksucker, aren't you. Go, You're an angry guy. You wake up in the morning. You just wanted to hit something, don't you, And like and then we just had a much better like report and he's doing it again for the third time in December at the store. But so that like gave immediate eyeballs to it, right, And then it was like, you know, we're talking about Adam Devine. It's like, you know, in this business too, and you guys are great examples of this. You get to do cool shit and work with cool people if you you work hard and you fucking be kind dude. It's really not that tough to not be a piece of shit. It's not it's tough to it's it's easy to not be a piece of shit and not be a pedophile. Do you know what how easy it is to look at a kid and not go yem yam yam, yam, yum yum. It's so easy to not do that, And it's so easy to be kind of people, dude, and then people want to fuck with you, so I start going, I go, Adam Devineer, you want to do it, Bobby Lee, Bobby Lee, and I'm quoting Jenny from somewhere, and then I go and then I go too soon, and uh so, then I mean Santino came on, then Rife. Then you know, then it was like now and now only find some cool combos. You know, Winnie Comings and Nicky Glazer. You did it together, which is another cool part about it, where you're going, Whitney and Nicky know each other, but they've never been like on a show like that together. So that was a really cool dynamic. Then we had you know, Rick Glassman's good butt of mine and Salvacano and and they know each other. But Rick helped me get Dak Sheppard, and then I was like, well, I'm gonna have all three of them at the same time, and that's kind of a challenge just to kind of balance the energies. But then that was fun. And then Jelly Roll came by, and Pete Holmes and Tiffany Adish and now we got you know, this next one we're doing. The last one we just had was Chris de Stefano and Fortune fiameshur and Kroll and now we got Rob Low, Wayne Brady and Josh Wolf and then uh, December one is Bill Burr, Julie White, Rob Riggle and Tony Hawk just fucking you know to Mary fuck kill kill fuck.
Speaker 4: You know Mary, Mary fuck kill fuck. So you do it Bill Burr once and did you know? Right then there I was like, Okay, I got something.
Speaker 1: Here, I think so well, well, actually know, I knew it was fun and I and the audience had a good time, so I was like, it's at least and then the challenge of like, well now, because we just kind of had loose, like I'll come out and do a monologue, you know, which was like three jokes, just kind of you know today's shows all about imitation, you know, Webster's Dictionary, and then some sort of thing and then three jokes and then some CrowdWork and then a little quick bit before and then I had these old sketches that I shot as fake commercials and it was fun. So then it was the challenge of now let's just make it tighter and better. And then we got rid of the stand up part because that just eight twenty minutes, and then each show is just like different, Like we I had you know, randomly met Mark Summers used to host Doubledare like ten years ago, and so as I'm trying to add these extra elements to the show, I'm like, what if, like Mark came on and like to end the show, Jeremiah always comes out at the end as a new character, and then he and I get in a fight, and that's how the show ends. And then I do like this final thought with a spotlight in piano music, you know where it's like, well, we learned a lot today, you know, after I beat the shit out Jeremiah with sound effects and fart noises whatever in any character. And so I go, uh, what if Mark Summer's was on and we do a double their thing, just the way that you And so we built all these double their sets and Jeremiah played the kid and I and we had the fucking helmets and we had people come up and we had the double their music and Mark Simmers hosted it and he was hilarious. Yeah, here we go. I mean he used to be a fucking uh. Mark Summers used to be a yeah something is how the fight ends it? Yeah, it's just all the sound effects. And then yeah, and Mark Summers over the sex toys in the ballpit, So that's like what you had to It was like find the flag or the or the ideal to you know, covered in fucking doubled air mush and Mark Summers is like, oh yeah, then I fucking eat ship for real. Then I get up and I'm like, I'm fine, I'm fine. And when it starts chatting, I'm like, I'm fine.
Speaker 4: When you're when you're finding this character, how as you're like working through the process, how hard is it for you to stay in character at all times?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I mean, you know, fucking.
Speaker 4: Too deep of a question.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, uh, he's a bad one by somebody just asked me that I not like a you know you hear about Tom Hanks got asked that question because it was about when Heath Ledger went so deep with the Joker. Yeah, and I think there was like talk so that he like, wouldn't you know there's some actors that Jim Carrey for me on the Moon went on set as Andy Kaufman and it was like Andy Kaufman the whole time, and apparently it was a fucking it was wild. And then Tom Anks is like, dude, I fucking I'm forced comp and then I fucking go take a shit and I'm like, you know, I'm Tom, Like I'm just I can break it, you know, and some people have that and some people need to talk to me in character whatever. It's yeah, I'm in and out of it. But but you know, I don't know. All the reps of with acting and stuff probably at least give me a good.
Speaker 8: Race to know how to like but again, it's still me.
Speaker 1: But it's like, I guess if you're asking, you know, can I stay in the voice? You know, like that's pretty easy to maintain just because reps are doing it. But but yeah, I man, no clue. You never know what is going to be a thing that's going to get you more anything. So it's like you have to do it with the set with the intention of like this is fun, which is truly how it started, and then a challenge and then like something different. I'll do it once a month just to kind of mix up the monotony of all the other bullshit. And then yeah, dude, I mean like now it's like you know, but again it's it's something that's opening doors for other shit.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I am not. If I was three years in the comedy, yeah, dude, I'd probably be in fulfill right now.
Speaker 4: And there's a piece of us hoping.
Speaker 2: Well, dudeah, is he gonna walk through this?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm down to come back and do that for sure, because you guys are the shit. But like, yeah, if I hadn't found my voice through comedy, because now it's like all my stand up shows are packing out because people from kill Tony in this are like they're coming to the shows, right Like all the shows in Zanies this week are sold out, and I only they would only give me a one night or up until about you know, two years ago, I was like, can I get a weekend? That guy, you just don't move tickets. And now everyone's coming out and I've been doing stand up seventeen years, so then you go, okay, cool. I'm glad that I stuck with it. So now that like everyone coming is gonna get a great show because I'm gonna you know, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you Hustle Butter. Bust with the Boys is sponsored by Hustle Butter. The Best way to care for your tattoos, new or old. Hustle Butter products aren't just about keeping your tattoos looking vibrant, which they do. They are also designed to keep your skin soft and smooth. The boy Taylor will talk about how much he loves hustle butter here in a second because he is covered with tattoos. But as someone who doesn't have a single tattoo, I love throwing a little bit on my skin to keep it soft and moisturized. Hustle butter products instantly hydrate skin and art so tattoos can look and feel their best for life.
Speaker 4: Thank you will, and yes that is true. I am covered in tattoos and I have wanted to be since I was a little wee boy. Now, when you get tattoos at first, when you first get them, they're vibrant, they're beautiful. They're very dark. But as you get older, as the sun starts to expose a little bit more on the skin, they become a little more gray, a little more fited. Those tight lines now start to bleed together a little bit. With hustle butter, when you take it and you put it on your skin, not only does it smell tropical, so even in the wintertime. Boys and girls. It's like you're playing in the sand. That's how good this thing smells. You literally get to see your tattoos recome back to life as if they are brand new. Personally, I am a huge fan of this product. Right here, they have a little topical thing right there, but they also have like a little squeege bottle like you would put a regular lotion on, which I also like because everyone likes that convenience of having the little You got to put that in there. You rub it in real quick and pop it on. Hustle Butter is an incredible prouse. We love it very much.
Speaker 2: We have worked with Hustle Butter to get you an exclusive discount. Get fifteen percent off your first order on Hustle Butter dot com with code busting fifteen. That is busting one. Five exclusions apply. Do not wait, shout out the boys at Hustle Butter always for the boys real and never fades. Back to this episode, when did the Biden impression.
Speaker 9: Oh sure we got so many. Look we got upstairs jobs, you go downstairs jobs. It's a great question, will we go?
Speaker 1: Will we go? Will we got? Will will compident we go?
Speaker 2: Will I went?
Speaker 1: To compident I phone.
Speaker 9: My first black friend was in content and my second black friend, I got, You're a true American, right there?
Speaker 1: You who just shiped my pants? Yeah? Fuck, I don't know, dude. I did a couple jokes in my act and then Tony hit me up. It was like change of plans. You gotta come to Austin tonight. Shane's sticking around to do Trump, bring your makeup, gal. I bought a new vest. It's go time.
Speaker 8: Baby bought a new vest.
Speaker 4: So that was like he hits you up and he's like, you gotta do this today.
Speaker 1: I was doing kill Tony on that Monday, and and then the debate happened, and you know, Trump's like, Joe, your mama so fetter blood types regu and Joe's like.
Speaker 9: You're a sucker. I'm gonna lick your sucker. I'm gonna suck your liquor. I'm gonna look show me looks tricks center of a touching pump. And then Tony's like, we got a parody this dude, And again same thing.
Speaker 1: You don't know what. You just don't fucking know what's gonna hit the first doctor Philly doing kill Tony. I hit up Tony. I go, hey, man, I just did this in LA I think it would be fun on kill Tony because it's he's like known for giving advice in terms like awesome, yes, perfect, do it, go crazy on Hans William will be weird about it. And then uh, I got a new vest, and then you know, do it, do it. They don't know what we're doing down here, they don't know, they don't get it. And so, uh, Tony's a ship dude. So Tony is so I've known him forever and that's such an added advantage that he was so like receptive to, like, yeah, dude, come fucking do it. And we got off stage and it was really fun. You can feel in the moment at the Mothership and you know, like anything right, you know from just how it's going that like, all right, I think this will be okay online And Tony gets off He's like that was fucking unbelievable. And then and then we did another character. I did this old woman named Elaine, and then uh, and then when this happened, I think he because we had done a few other characters, he was like, oh shit, I know, you know, we'll use the makeup gal to do it, and she was on her deathbed and she fucking sucked it up. Jed Aspinell's shout out. She came down and fucking Shane was a gangster and stayed in makeup for two hours. And you know, he'd done Trump three times. I've never done Biden. So we're back there trying to help each other out. He's, you know, or at least he's, you know, asking me. He's like, what are you gonna do for the face. I'm like, I'm kind of gonna, you know, get the get the smirk going from trying to do a point.
Speaker 9: You know, hey, oh where's career? Yeah, we got wait, we got you. We got a white guy. We got we gotta white.
Speaker 2: We got a black Asian guy.
Speaker 1: How about it? You know, all after guys, you know, and then uh and then I just kind of doing the walk and then he was he uh thankfully, was like, dude, you got to get the aviators. And so they got those for me last minute, which was I think a big time character guys, just being able to have those to differentiate from my eyes, you know, and then also to be able to take him off and and just hit me up my face you know, a little crazy shit, but dude, it was fun. And man, I've said this on stage. Shane and I talked to each other maybe four or five times at comedy clubs, and you know we uh I did Phil when he did New Year's for kill Tony last year, so we had to shoot the shit a little bit. But we were getting to know each other in character doing that for two hours, which is so fucking weird. You know. At one point I was like, Shane, there's the Morse Weaver talk to each other, and he goes, Joe, shut the fuck up, trader, Joe, you fucking get a dice. Uh, But yeah, dude, he was. But you know, you just kind of go, all right, we're both pros, like we don't we want we want, you know, each other to win. So you got each other's backs, but still finding the rapport is always what's uh, you know, a new thing, especially when you're like doing something like that for the first time. But like, he's so fucking funny, dude, So like he just right just knowing that he was gonna be there and come out. It was like all I gotta do is fine pockets to like be funny. But you know, a friend of mine was like, dude, you got easy. Man, Like, all you gotta do is mumble and stumble. I'm like, dude, that's funny for a minute. That's I'm gonna be able for two hours. I gotta find By the way, shot at Aaron Rodgers. I went up to him at the second at at MSG, he was tossing football is into the crowd.
Speaker 2: I go, you're Aaron, big fan, big fan.
Speaker 1: He goes, dude, you're so funny. I go, hey, the.
Speaker 2: Vaccine does work.
Speaker 1: And he just fucking laughed, dude, and I go, stop laughing. It's real, it's real.
Speaker 8: And just stayed in character and he was like, dude, was like all right, man, no, no.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's wild that you guys like went off each other, went back and forth and make up. Because when you walk out Shane's face, it's like it's like he saw you for the first time. Yeah, he just couldn't hold it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that also makes it hilarious, bro Scott, Like.
Speaker 1: Tony just told me, like the Brady Roast is like the most watched thing this year, and this just surpassed it. Kill like two point five this episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, no ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because for eleven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was talking about how it's been going.
Speaker 1: I was trying to say the third most watched thing was Two Girls, One Cup.
Speaker 4: It's fine, Davis, you know, I just say, it's a staple to all of our childhood.
Speaker 1: That is. Unfortunately, that's why you guys are younger than me. It's uh, I said last night. I brought it up, and I said, I go, oh God, I go, isn't it funked up?
Speaker 2: A go?
Speaker 1: I'll never forget who sent me the link to Two Girls, One Cup? Like Sean Flannagan. I'll say his name, dudey January?
Speaker 4: Was that Cody January sent me the Cody January?
Speaker 1: Yes, bro detective slash porn star. Who's Cody January?
Speaker 4: Just a gritty guard cactus shadow? High schoolootball.
Speaker 1: Let's do my aunt's rest in peace, Aunt Shirley. Anytime I'd say I love you, go all right, and uh, she would never say it back. And so, but she was dating a guy when my uncle passed. They were married for sixty five years, dating a guy in her home named Dick Justice. And I go, surely, I go, I go, uh, I go, uh because she goes I have a sometimes boyfriend. I go, what does that mean? She goes, sometimes we hold hands. I go, that's fucking so cute. And I go, what's his name?
Speaker 2: She goes Dick.
Speaker 1: I go, I didn't ask why you were dating him. She goes, oh, stop that, and then uh and then I go, I got to meet dig Justice.
Speaker 8: She goes, she can't. He passed away three days ago.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what the fuck? And she goes, that's my life. I make friends and then they die, you know. But but Cody January is a great name, phenomenal name, but so don't remember. Don't forget where I was. Who sent me the link? Is what I sound stage ago. I'll never forget, uh who sent me the link for twos one Cup and where I was on nine eleven? And I go, that's sad. Both just a horrible tragedy, you know, and it got about as much laughs as it's getting right now. But uh uh, but it's true. But I mean that was a wild fuck. That was wild. We don't have to talk about it anymore.
Speaker 4: But nine eleven or two Girls, one Cup we can talk about both, you want.
Speaker 1: You know what, Let's save it for part two when film comes on there we go to help, there we go. Let me ask you this, I guess big Halloween, guys, or is this just for you're gonna do a big bang.
Speaker 4: Love that dude's mess with Halloween?
Speaker 1: Oh love it?
Speaker 4: What you give me your top three holidays?
Speaker 1: Oh? Fuck, dude, you know as much as uh you know, uh, I guess you know Jew. But I'm any happy New Year by the way, like the way, yeah, ye yeah, uh hanka guy, all right, we can reap the show up. No, it's uh. Honoka is great. Honoka is great.
Speaker 8: Eight days the uh Passover.
Speaker 1: Is a great holiday because it's very if you do a Lucy goosey version of it as far as going through the book and the story. There's a lot of symbolism with the foods, but it's a real fun dinner party hang. And that's like what's great about him. And Jews are big on family fucking and doing good deeds, you know, and mits was as we call them, and so But Christmas, dude, dude, love love the uh love that time of year, you know, all the music being home. And my wife had never she's from Arizona. So when she went up to Seattle for like the holidays and got to be around you know azy. It's like beautiful in December, so she's in like true fall weather for Thanksgiving and Christmas's now she's all about it and she wants to go back up there, but Halloween is up there for sure. The Halloween parties, I mean first time I did mushrooms was a Halloween party at my frat api in uh at usc and was on mushrooms for the first time, and that was one of the greatest nights in my life. I was dancing with a girl. She was, you know, grinding on me. I thought I was. I saw I thought I started coming with my pants. I walked away, and she like turned around and even like I was, must have been making the face of like, you know, you guys can't hold it. We're so fucking dude, We're such idiots. Like I couldn't act cool and be like, yeah, like I'm fucking control what's happened. I couldn't, so I was just like and so then she like turned back. I think she'd be like dancing harder, you know, like knowing that I was going like, you know, fucking beetlejuice. And then and then she and then she walked away like mission accomplished, like you know, I'll send you the bill and fucking and I go upstairs and I go to a buddy mine and he's like, you're right, and I just had probably chest started tripping, and I was like, dude, I fucking I'm freaking out. Man. I just fucking thought I came in my pants and by the way, I feel completely dry. I was like, I thought I came. I didn't, So now what I'm questioning everything now? And then he goes, dude, come in and watch some some We watched some MTV music videos a Lance Morrisset's ironic was on fucking the beginning starts. I just started fucking crying, and then it was just that I went back out and then you know, I think I had smoked some weed and that kind of bounced things out. But trigger treating is a lot of fun, dude. I went as a bird my uh second grade. My mom went to goodwill and got me, ah, got me a bird costume. But it wasn't even like from anything like you're thinking, oh, were you big bird? Were you tweety bird? Were you fucking uh woody woodpecker? No, dude, just a fucking orange bird with no purple purple. I got the outfits I wish. Fuck, I gotta find it and post it, dude, purple bird, big feathers. And I was a big kid. You're like, how big, dude? Well, my coach in basketball called me Krispy Kreme abdul Jabbar, So how fucking fat do you think that is? Mom and I shared a bra, So I was a big kid, Dude. I actually want to say, I'll put a number two. I think one seventy in the fourth or fifth grade. Holy unit, the unit, dude, before Randy Johnson dide it was fucking Adam Ray packing.
Speaker 4: He love Arizona and its what's that love? The Arizona reference? I'm from Arizona, dude, what part Cave Creek, Arizona north of Scottsdale.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's worse. They lived in Cave Creek off the Cave Highway. Yes, but high school.
Speaker 4: Catch the Shadows high school the only one in the whole school district.
Speaker 1: I think she fucking I think she wanted she might have gotten a pinnacle. Nope, Cactus Shadow sounds sure? How are you? I'm thirty three years old, she's twenty nine. Oh, fucking dude. If this is this is how quick takes a turn?
Speaker 4: Dude, wait the podcast The wildest turn of this podcast could possibly take.
Speaker 2: Wait, say, did you ever hook up with an under armor all American in high school?
Speaker 1: You mind if I call her?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You go ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweetheart?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Hey, babe, I'm still on the podcast. But Taylor went to Cat the Shadows high school and he's from Cave Creek, that's one of the hosts. Didn't you go to cat the Shadows?
Speaker 6: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I just said to him like, well, I said, you're twenty nine and I go and he goes, yeah, I'm thirty three. And then there was a beat, and I go, if you fuck my wife, this podcast is over, babe. Do you know Taylor Lawan? Lawan?
Speaker 4: No, Ya, you sucked?
Speaker 1: Whoa? This is Tonight's Dorito's moment of the pod. Thank fucking God. Gotta be honest. My heart was racing and it wasn't the cold brew or thes in they made me. They peer pressure.
Speaker 2: Lucy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what this out? And the Lucy they gave me.
Speaker 8: She would have catch Shadows that I love Lucy, not just a show.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: She would have catched Shadows for real.
Speaker 8: Yeah, babe, cat the Shadows right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where'd you grow up at?
Speaker 1: Dud dude, that's my wife.
Speaker 3: I grew up in Rio Verdi and then I moved to.
Speaker 7: Uh like the Cave Creeker when I was fifteen, but I graduated in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so your wife grew up on a ranch. She's in the sticks of Real Verdict.
Speaker 1: Oh, bro, the Boonies.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, literally forty five minutes from anything.
Speaker 2: What class were you?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: After So she was an eighth grader when you were a senior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she probably went to like there's only two middle schools in that whole district.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Asy, it's awesome and big unit, you know, former manner. But then went to you guys, and obviously you like took things up on och Asy rules. I went there when my folks split. Thanks for bringing it up. I went down there in ninety five and when the Mariners, you know, had their spring training before they saved baseball in Seattle. You guys are sports fans. I don't know if you followed that ninety five not.
Speaker 4: A big baseball or basketball podcast, just football, right, We're one to be good, yeah, yeah, but your parents are divorced.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I went down to Asy.
Speaker 2: What happened there?
Speaker 1: Cheated? It was a doctor adultry hooked up with a nurse. Let's see what else with the nurse. Moved to a z then moved to Quadland in Midway Island, then Santa Fe, then Waffa, Nevada, and now running from brother my dad moving around to like different va clinics to try to like make money and send it back. Yeah, but also also the cops. Yeah, he was fair making fentanyl brands and sell him to mills before yeah before. No, it's still cool.
Speaker 2: We've just been late to the game. Okay, but so.
Speaker 1: Big unit, I go down there, I'm walking to My dad lived in Glendale, so and it was like one hundred and twenty three every day.
Speaker 8: So one thing, I love AZ, but that heat is wild brutal, and I would talked to.
Speaker 1: The era Arrowhead mall and just drenched in sweat. But young fat Adam was like looking to burn cows. Back to the bird story, dressed as a bird, fat bird. You know, I'm out there by the way, playing dude, not too far off, you know, just the face a bit Bobby Lee and his costume. So that's Bobby Lee if he wasn't up, and so he was. And so I'm you know, every kid stress up as a ninja, a ninja, turtle, a cop, a robber, a cowboy. So we're out a recess second grade and like, broh, kid you not. I'm like, what are we playing, guys? Because you're in costume, you still want to play a recess and like you know, playing you know, cowboys versus turtles. And they're like you can stand sit up in that tree and be on lookout like a fucking owl, you fat, fucking tweedy bitch, you know. And that was the principal saying that to me. And so and so here's the worst part. Here's what I'm getting at. They would make the the first through fourth grade parade their costumes through the fifth and sixth grade classes, so you can only imagine the embarrassment. So I'm and there was a hat on the bird costume, so like this, imagine pulling that bird face all the way down and then the my eyes were through the like the beak, so the beak was like covering right here and like the eyes were through it, and then the eyes were here or the Yeah, I could look through the beak and I'm waddling through. And I remember just waddling through this class and you know, all these cool costumes, and I hear the fifth and sixth graders laughing, and they're like, dude, how foo the fuck's in that bird outfit. That's the fattest fucking bird I've ever seen, dude, And like that bird's got tit. I mean, dude, it was wild, dude. And I remember just going to my mom being like, this is the worst cosume you guys have ever passed.
Speaker 4: You know, how do you recover from that?
Speaker 1: You don't, dude, you become a comedian.
Speaker 8: Honestly, it's probably not too far off Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: But yeah, my mom would just put like this webbing on me, and I would just be like a dead football player, a dead baseball player.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was the Ultimate Warrior one year. Oh my homemade costume awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my mom w made my costumes too. I was a for two years in a row. I was an employee of the Titanic, not Rose or Jacks.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait that's brilliant. Yeah, just not even one of the guys playing the hat.
Speaker 4: And I had a coat that my mom got a good will She like sewed on some buttons on us. It was sick. Actually, probably my favorite costume of all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got poor, we were we were all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever you say when I say, yeah, you just said you were an employee on the Titanic, that's a.
Speaker 4: Fucking stretch of a Mom was a wizard with the sewing machine.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Also very creative though, yes, because here's the thing when you want to say, your kid, I mean as much as the teasing, you know, took, it took a toll, you know, at least it was like a different thing. Like you know, it's like I there were no other fucking birds with boobs, you know. So yeah, so she had that going forward.
Speaker 4: And the thing was essentially not that well done. Not that well done. But that's very young, that's very very close.
Speaker 2: You're just a wizard back there with the AI hunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real day, Sherman, you're killing it. Sherman's like this, Sherman's Sherman, right, sure, dude, I got a Let me just say this real quick. Kids, you can't smoke. We etn't have a short term memory. I do these you know, meet and greets after shows for free, which there might come a time when I run out of energy. They're now taking ninety minutes to a couple hours after the show at while yeah, it's great because I did it, man when twenty people stayed, you know, so it's just like the same muscle, just more people. And again when they're coming to the shows and they're like, you know, to this one couple, I was just in Naples, just got out before Milton and they they had a miscarriage like fucking five months ago. The wife's like, I haven't mild in fucking five months. Your favorite comical came out, Like we're not going to not come out hugged talk for a while whatever that show you gotta you gotta not that every you know. And then the next person's like, I'm fucking dude, I'm an axiousy. That show is fucking wild. So like it's The King and the Young but like but it means it's just you gotta do and uh. But so you know, people will come up and and it be a guy that I maybe talked to during the crowd and I'm like Dave right, and he's like the funk. That was the beginning of the show, and I'm like, yeah, I don't know, man, it's wild. And so every time I do it, I'm like, all right, dude, when I get to a point where I'm like Scotty Scotty, same Sam tonight, then I'm gonna be like, all right, I gotta stop smoking pot. But up until you got a beautiful brain.
Speaker 8: Still, maybe it's adding to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fine on all cylinders.
Speaker 2: This is one of those pots to there like seamless, like you just say one sentence and then he just well.
Speaker 4: He just also he asked him self questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and please tell me if I'm talking too much. No, I think I do a favor talking up.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it's too many pods of where you have to like I think starting out carry the load and I think i've now and then going on pods like kill Tony or Corolla where like you got to be active, dude.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So it's like, but I gotta, I gotta. You know, you're gonna show.
Speaker 4: That's not an invitation for you to stop talking. You literally just keep doing exactly what tell us.
Speaker 1: I thank god you didn't tell comedians you hate h.
Speaker 4: First thought Dane Cook do you like him? Seventeen years in the game. I heard a lot of bad things about him.
Speaker 1: I loved bro Uh, I don't. Uh. There are a few people hates a strong word, dude, there's a few people I don't like. I don't like hates. You know what, I've never I can uh confidently say, I've never wasted time hating somebody beautiful? Have I Have? There been people where I'm like, oh, you're bad for comedy. Fuck yeah, dude, I'll give you a four or five right now, where you're just a bad person. You're bad business wise, you talk shit, you you're starts, You're just like, what are you doing? It's tough enough, dude. It's so fucking tough to get anything going, you know. I mean the dude having some a nice bump right now and like shows being packed and you're getting to do his tour and it's all on and really now it's all on me to like get sleep and not fucking you know, uh, you know, smoke too much at night and blow my pipes out. But it's like it's on you, dude, and it's really uh to go out of your way to like, you know what I'm saying, thing like that, and you're like, yeah, you're just like you know, it's uh.
Speaker 2: But there are some people that you said you're gonna give us four or five?
Speaker 1: Oh, you want me to give him too?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 1: You guys get this from Bert. Bert loves it Chryscher to talk about comics. But it's always like who do you hate? Who do you hate? Bird?
Speaker 4: You're doing this podcast exactly? Burt does it too? You will and I will say fifteen words the whole time.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you enjoy it. We enjoy people hate when Bird do that? Right?
Speaker 4: No, people on the internet do you? Oh yeah, love Birt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bird is the man.
Speaker 4: People can talk shit all they want.
Speaker 1: That's got to be Bird's story. I mean, dude, when you when you've lived a cool life like Bird has, don't you want to hear him tell all these stories and likes and thought like he's done like a guy. He loves it too. Thank you, dude. What a challenge. I look at him to it and I just told him this. I saw him a little bit ago, like the fully loaded thing was wild. Dude. I did about four dates on it, bringing using your namesake and what you've quid to bring to other people that like, don't ever get to hang out and and be on the road and make some cash and do some shows and like what and like it was so fun dude, and not and and everybody is so in their lane trying to do their own ship. So that's why it's cool when people kind of, you know, expand something like that to go let me, let me let's you know again, like just throwing darts and trying to create. I mean he's always coming up with ideas. Dude, that's pretty pretty cool. So uh, dude, Sherman is looking at me a little too, Sherman.
Speaker 8: Actually he's uh people, close your eyes in your mouth, dude.
Speaker 1: Whoa. That was fucking cool.
Speaker 4: He's been beating his submission.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 4: The reason why I brought that, I even said Dane Cook in the beginning is middle School Tailor was all about Dan Cook. I think all of us, I think all of us went through a big Dan Cook face. But you start to see these clips like Dave Chappelle had one where he was doing something and like, hey, only to do a hard ten because this is Dane's night. And then at the end of the ten he's like, hey, I don't usually do this, but I'm gonna do a meet and greet after and the whole place left and Dane's knight was ruined. So does you kind of hear these stories? Wow, Dan Cook, I mean kind of be in a certain way. I don't know if you've had any experiences like that, but personally I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Dane has you know, I was a huge fan of his when I came up. Like, there's certain people, you know. Eddie Murphy was the first. Delirious was the first stand up I saw when I go, oh, man, that looks so fun, you know. Uh, Simbad was the first stand up I remember watching. My dad showed me where I was like, dude, this is fucking hilarious. What is that?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: I didn't know what Stantap was. Delirious made me kind of want to do it, and then yeah, I got I listened to I think Vicious Circle and then got to La and then was like, you know, at the laugh Factory doing open mics, and then I'd get on shows that he was on and then you get to know me, and then did a few dates with him and like he's an intense guy, you know, uh for sure, he you know, he definitely. It's not everybody has that bug in them to want to like and this is not an essential requirement of comedy, but like being again kind and hanging out goes a long way, and some people just don't. I think he also got so big so quick he skipped comedy clubs. He went from like doing his spots as far as like headlining, like doing a weekend at Zandies, he never did because he won't write to theaters and colleges and was like making bank and then college theaters to arenas or theaters and then you know, so so he kind of skipped a step as far as being able to connect and be around and have to hang But then I'll say too, like as I got to know him, he wasn't doing it even when he was still big.
Speaker 8: So it's like and now I think he yeah, and again that's not a knock.
Speaker 1: It's just some people. And he's talked about being socially uh you know, ridden with anxiety or whatever, so I you know, very understanding of that. The attention to detailing here is what if Shrman was just a fucking robot, Dude, You're like, yeah, we got a Halloween robot from CBS, he might be sm dude, could you look at me under that had a little bit more like you're not gonna stab me in my cock when I sleep tonight? Oh tongue out Jordan's style. I just watched The Last Dance again too, and uh yeah, so so there's no you know, uh, it's not required to have to be a chummed everybody, but like it does. I mean, dude, I'm not that. I'm not that way where I can just come in and go. Even at comedy clubs. You know, I walked into this club in Naples and they's got a huge staff, got big menus, a lot of love moon parts, but probably thirty people moving and shake and like in the kitchen and waiters and bartenders and walk around. I go, what's up? What's up? I give a couple bumps. You know, what's your name? Oh cool, what's your name? What's your name? And I've always done that again, even when I was selling fucking ten tickets, because it feels weird to me to go into a place and just act like they're they're not there. And then also when you get to know the staff that it, then you're like, oh, they have your back a little bit more to like make the whole weekend great, right, right, So, but some people just don't fucking do that, and it's no, it's not. There's no right or wrong answer. I only know what I've done. But I but I don't think he's a bad guy, and I, you know, have had some fun chats with him and times where I am like, oh, I bet he wishes he would have kicked it more, you know, because who knows where. I mean, he's definitely he's still doing big theaters and he's still got all his fans. But really, yeah, I did not know that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, on a theater too, and hour I think. But so again it's, uh, it's not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And it goes back to the being kind thing dude if you like. But again, if people don't, there's some people in our business that like they're comfy on stage and they're not comfy off. So if you need to or you're just like, I'm doing my set and I'm going home because then I'm gonna like work. But like I had to early on, some comics told me that, like fucking hang out a bit, and so I, you know, I have to strap on the Wolverine close at fucking nine am and talk to you know, uh uh, you know people from overseas. You know, there was sometimes I talked to I was in Wolverine costume, Greg Maddox, Dave Matthews, fucking John Stamos, and fucking I saw Michael Jackson walking there with a fucking sheet with his kids one time. And when I was in New York cop and I blew my whistle and was like, hey, slow down, you're going too fast, and he fucking just like kind of turned and like just you know, I was like, oh shit, s a little bit of the face, you know, and uh but uh yeah, man, I mean, like you guys, It's why people want to come on your Guys show too, man, because you're outwardly like you know, chummy, and you got you want to you know, you're you seem inviting.
Speaker 4: You will have a time.
Speaker 1: It matters, man, you know.
Speaker 8: And if you like, if you put up a bibele you're not doing that, then people aren't gonna fuck with you.
Speaker 2: Right. It seems like you tell a good origin story for your first time you jerked off.
Speaker 1: Bro, let's go, let's take it.
Speaker 4: And then you were you were wondering you were wondering about like the bus and how it started on our first like today's episodes.
Speaker 1: Today September fifteenth, I was, I sat down, I go, you know what, now's a good time as any you know, I've been with this dick for forty two years. Let's fucking see what happened. So so it's about three and a half, three and a half weeks ago.
Speaker 4: The first time, No, dude, of course not. I want to hear young Yeah, two girls, one cup. You hated the video?
Speaker 2: This is this is og bus? Actually this would always be a staple question.
Speaker 1: Actually it is. Yeah, I actually think the first well the first time, I remember, I think I got a hand up before I jerked off.
Speaker 4: Really, hey, are you kind of amazing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you care? Dude? That was awesome. I didn't know how that was going to come out or be received.
Speaker 4: You just you got way cool in our book, because feel like all of us, I was like two hundred in before I even a girl even looked at me.
Speaker 1: Well look again, like dad, uh, that's my uh brother's now a doctor. I con we did putting hair on his chest. He was so fucking find I should have a family, guy, when he was seven. He's got an amazing sense of humor. Now, I mean, it's unbelievable, dude, Show your kids the good shit when they can absorb it. Yeah, but uh yeah, I think I was not nervous. Just didn't. It's not like your dad teaches you. It's not like my dad left, so I didn't have a dad to fucking show me how to bank it. No, it was like I just didn't. But yeah, Handshob was probably fucking thirteen fourteen, all right.
Speaker 2: Still I got to be thinking too, like, what's about to happen right now?
Speaker 1: Bro? Was wild. I can almost still tap into the feeling of it. It was wild. Yeah, I mean it's happening, hands free. It was happening, and it's happening now. But yeah, that was that was wild. And I remember who it was? Crazy dude. I actually did think.
Speaker 4: About, Well, you don't remember who it was?
Speaker 1: I do, oh yeah, yeah, because there's certain people that you'll like, you'll look for on Facebook from time to time, just to kind of like there was a girl my how they doing? Yeah, And there was a girl in our fourth fifth grade split named Jenny Taylor, and she thought she was a cat and she would like, oh, and she would like scratch our teacher, missus McQuay r ip. She would hit schedule. Her parents were like she was four foot six or four foot two. Her parents were like five feet They were like little gnomes. Her dad at a giant beard. They were scientists, and they would come in every year and do like a like has anyone never can anyone spell raboplasm? And we were like, dude, fuck off, dude, what is We're in fifth grade? Dude, we're all trying to get hand jobs in eight years, you know, and and so but Jenny. I would look for Jenny from time to time. Shortly after that when Facebook popped off and I was like, dude, where no no trace? So, but Facebook's good for that to find the old uh, the old flings. Yeah, what about you guys, you've already talked about this. Your first Yeah, first time.
Speaker 2: I was in in my bathroom, on my toilet or was it in the shower. I think that might have been the second time. That's when I experienced shampoo. My second time very young. In the game that is find out the wrong movie, Yeah, you find out the wrong way the hard way.
Speaker 1: That's like watching with subtitles. Yeah, you're just like, dude, this is not the way it's supposed to be enjoying it.
Speaker 2: But my foot would start my foot started shaking, and my toes started pointing when it started happening, and you're kind of scared for a second, but everything is like, oh ship, how do I do that? Yeah? And then the second time around, I thought I was doing it, but then I just started peeing. I'm like, okay, I wasn't there yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, wait you were jogging off and p came out before you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was was rocked up and thought I was about to go, but then I realized I just got in the shower and I just started peeing on the wall. I was like, okay, wait, that's not it.
Speaker 1: They had a lot of questions, well, how does your body you like get like you're hard. So you're right, you're jogging off and then come so Peter just was like who whoa, whoa, we got this and then he just went out first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, not pe went off first. And then and then the you know the come that what it feels like very weird like that, you know.
Speaker 1: Saying what I'm asking? So you were jerking you jerked.
Speaker 2: I was jerking, and but then I started peeing, thinking like, okay, it's about to come again, because again I only experienced one time. It's like, what's happening in my body? I thought I was about to happen again. But I just started peeing naturally because I was in the show.
Speaker 1: Did you think you're did you know you can obviously differentiate between the feelings of coming and peeing, right, so you weren't. You weren't jerking off, going like, fuck, dude, how am I gonna tell my friends my pisses come?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: No, No, I just oh, I'm just being like I just got to keep going. That's when I grabbed the shampoo. Learned the hard way.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you were like, I'm not doing my dick. Isn't respecting what I'm doing? Dude, We're just going to pee at this point until you step up. Treat us like a lady.
Speaker 4: Just a war and its hard finding out for me. I was you brought up jerked from subway. I could have easily been a victim of one of those gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I yes, you kid.
Speaker 4: I didn't think as a child that you could do it yourself. I thought, like a girl had to do it for you, otherwise it just would not happen. So I actually was at my grandparents' house and I was in chat rooms getting advice.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then and that nothing happened there. Nothing happened there. But then I was on my school bus and I heard these like eighth graders talking in the back how they're jerking off a bunch, and I'm thinking, oh, fuck, you can really do this yourself.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I like went to my mom's apartment, popped off in the LimeWire and just LimeWire all just giving my computer aids and slowly just every It was like a I didn't you know, you know now, like if you want to get it done, you can do it under a minute for yourself. No problem for me. I kind of made a night out of it, like I was just kind of tugging on it and figured out what was going on. Then literally my right leg started seizing, and then my left leg, and then it was just like I got panicked and I yelled my mom. I yelled for mom, and then I ended up all over the keyboard. It was a It was the greatest to this day, yeah, to this day.
Speaker 1: It's it'll never what's so long as you guys have gone working it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're talking about a solid goon sash.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about like, are we edging in this situation or you're just saying, how long?
Speaker 1: Let me refreshed.
Speaker 4: Let's let's unpack this entire thing.
Speaker 1: We need more cameras on this time. Let's record this for real.
Speaker 4: We'll start to show right now.
Speaker 1: Three two one. How what's the long as you've gone without masturbating?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Week? Months? Yeah? Month? Yea on purpose.
Speaker 4: I went through a football season. I went through a football season in college. I was like, I'm gonna keep all this pent up?
Speaker 1: Wow wow Yeah. Did it have an impact?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no, I learned for that season, like they will never do that again, because just getting mad.
Speaker 2: I want to say that in college, I want to say they debunked that, like I want Hey, one of.
Speaker 4: The schools I wanted to go to USC bad fuck dude, USC Texas or l SU or like my three schools I wanted prize right Yeah, No, it ended up working out and I'm happy. I went to Michigan. I went to an all star camp. I met Pete Carroll and I was crushing and then they brought Pete Carroll over and they offered he off It's the line coach called Pete Carroll over during one on once and I was like, oh funk, it's about to happen. This kid named Kevin Graff actually got offered, and I was like, I might be the next one. Got dusted in two one on ones, rolled my ankle and I was kind of on the ground. Ah, and I look up a Pete Carroll and he looks over the old line coaches and walked away.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck that that's me.
Speaker 1: You saw him do that?
Speaker 4: I saw him do that. I either saw it or I dreamed it, one of the two. But it definitely felt real to me in that moment.
Speaker 1: Because it's like, you know they I know, yeah, you would have loved it.
Speaker 4: And like two years after I was at Michigan, that's when Will Ferrell was doing all his skits.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Will, Will snoop, and I heard that Pete would bring all these slips to practice because he was yeah, He's like, it's the same thing when guys have when there's pretty girls at there that like you just nobody wants to fuck up. She was like, I'm gonna bring all these like sluds around. So the people like try hard. I mean not that they weren't anyway, but he was like, why don't we We have the advantage of having and they want to be there.
Speaker 2: So why not make it as competitive as post?
Speaker 4: Totally, no fucking doubt. And so did you are you? What's your association with Seattle? Pete Carroll went there? A you live there?
Speaker 1: So I grew up there from Yeah, you said something.
Speaker 4: About living in Arizona too and Glendale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just went there for a couple Uh as well so that my dad that was where he moved around to, gotcha, So grew up in Seattle, moved to La Defend. Yeah, and uh two thousand and one, went to LA to go to college and then I've just been out there since. So graduating.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Five started standing up in two thousand and seven, and then but Pete went to Seattle. So that's why it was such a big you know, I mean a lot of sc people were bummed. They were like, he's slipping out the back door, fucking whatever. You know. The timing was wild, but also he wanted.
Speaker 2: A perfect movie.
Speaker 4: Perfect you got to make those movies I think.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say I don't think he knew what was going on, but I think. I mean, he's a fucking rock star of a human. So whether he knew or was like, I don't want to know, but the opportunity was. The timing makes it look bad because he wanted that type of a situation as far as like you know, president and then like co you know, like where he could have a lot of say in control of the team. He went to go somewhere we could really run the show. And so how about that he could go two hours north and and it was awesome, dude, I mean right right away. And you know I went with Bert when he played a climate plage a Seattle arena. He hit me up and was like, do you want to come to Seattle. We're gonna go to the Seahawks camp the day before and it was unreal, dude, and it's like we got to catch punts and talked to Pete. And this was about three months before he got fired, because the season was almost was halfway through. We were I think six and two or five and one to start that year, and then you know, it just went south. And then that was a rap but and I got to know John Schneider of the Seahawks GM at that time, and we he came to the show that night and we drank till four am, and then I got on a flight and went to do a shows in Savannah, Georgia with my buddy Sal from the Jokers at like six am and fucking leaving Schneider and he was like just crashing my house, man, which I have now done, sinner and I are now fucking boys and Burt fucking put that together. I'm gonna go speak to the team I think is doctor Phil in December, and then you know, he just he just is a savvy fucking football guy and throws them back, dude. And so getting we toured the whole thing and and Doctor Gino and DK and it was it was awesome, man, and it was all you know, Bert's generosity, but Pete was so cool man, and he was it was just wild to see him so in his element, like dancing around practice and then you're like, dude, and now and then just gone.
Speaker 4: And then you realize he's seventy, Like he's so old.
Speaker 1: There's no signs of his age, but he was out there and rips.
Speaker 4: It around too that I heard he was like he'd be in team meetings like back to get the basketball, hoop out in the basketball. I just have fun.
Speaker 1: And that's what's interesting about Like his coaching style was now Mike McDonald is such a like militant, like we have a job. Here's what you're doing. There's no I mean, I guess he's still keeping things light because the shot man, but none of this ship anymore, you know, none of the basketball during meetings and yeah, and you know it sucks because these guys that would like you know, when Sherman started talking about Pete, you know, they didn't pay him, they let him go, and it was like, you know, fuck man, you got paid twice maybe three times, they drafted you deep you fucking they gave you full on opportunities like probably other organization organizations wouldn't have. But I don't know, I mean, it just something an approach like Pete that he had. I think obviously was was going to run its toll. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: Also give the ball to Marshall on Lynch at the Gold Yeah roll that.
Speaker 1: It's wild that dude. I'll never I think time does heal a little bit. But like that'll that'll be my the Sonics. Again, you're not big basketball guys, but the Sonics ninety four were the best team of basketb well, and Jordan was retired at the time, and we were like number one seed in the West and we were playing the eight seed Denver Nuggets, and then was when mutumble ip fucking I don't famously they beat us basically in the first round and he was holding the ball and like clinching it on the ground, screaming, and I fucking cried, dude, because basketball was my favorite sport at the time. When the songs left it fucking you know, I forgot about it, but uh yeah, they were just right there that picture two over to the yeah, that middle, Yeah, I mean it was that picture. Like we were just fucking like because we were supposed to go to the NBA finals, Jordan was gone, we had the best team, so marshawn, dude, I went to the Super Bowl with Brad with little Brad Williams. He's a Broncos fan. Our teams were pretty hot at the start of the season and we were like if we go, we gotta go. So we scheduled shows out there, got tickets on stub ub wentz fucking it was unbelievable. Like at one point, you know, it was I think, what twenty two to nothing, I think at half, and Brad's like, dude, we're just we're fine, we just got to get points. One score back into this Percy runs it back. I have a picture of me. I'm not sure if I posted of me going like this because Brad's like fucking like looking out in the field, so sad, and I started to tak a picture of me going like with Brad being sad. And I texted to him during the game because that was twenty nine to nothing, and he goes, you know, if a Dwarf cries at the Super Bowl, everybody gets a's right, And I was like, and uh, it's just so funny. And then the next year I was like, all right, tickets are too expensive. They were wild. I think we ended up getting stuff up. They dropped to like twelve hundred, I think, and for the Asy game it was like no ticket went below six seven eight. Hotel a holiday and Express was like two grand a night and h and so I went to Seattle, drove my dad up from Oregon where he was living, and my Buddy's condo. We were in like the main the common room, like you know, two floors up and about fifty people, big ass party. We were like, dude, I want to be in Seattle because I want to party in the streets when we win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 8: It was pretty confident. You never know, but like we just felt fucking good.
Speaker 1: Dude. We're like, boom, he's in a boom and we were injured as fuck, dude. As I've got to know some Hawks, like Dude Sherman in that game against the Packers that we I mean, how do you win that had you know, a dislocated I think elbow or hyper extented elbow. Cam Chancellor had fucked up knees, Earl Thomas had some rib shit. Jeremy Lane ends up breaking his arm after he picked Brady like two plays later. So like we were depleted, dude, but then we were up ten and then you're like, fuck dude. And then that catch by curse they do a cutaway to David Tyree against the Pats back in the day, which was like, so, you know, awesome because you're like, oh cool, they're kind of being like, dude, the Patches can't catch a break man, cool catch after cool catch, and I'm sitting there with my dad and again fifty people in there. We're having a fucking amazing time. Everyone's being like, you know, I had to do this voice over job the next morning, and I texted one of the cruisers. I was like, dude, is there any way we can push this session to one instead of ten because I'm going to be out of my mind tonight, Like I'm gonna be in the streets of my fucking hometown, yeah, with my with my best buds and like wild dude, and Marshawn runs the ball up and gets stopped, and my stomach I'm not even joking. You just fucking drops, dude. He gets stopped at the one and I was like, I go oh, and my dad goes, what. I go, I don't know, man, I feel like we needed to get it on that one. He goes, what does that mean? And I go, I don't know, man, but fuck dude, because he was going dude and just tripped up man. And it just was like one of those things where I didn't see that happening, but you know what I'm saying, where you're just like it felt like fuck, we're just we're stretched, we're continuing the opportunities for something to go wrong. And look, even if you give it to him, yeah there it is, dude, I mean tripped the fuck up right there. And whether you give it to him three times and you don't get it, a lot of people say, like you still you live with that. And here's the thing, dude, that play they've done the rust that was the worst past.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 8: You throw that shit low dude, right if we're talking about don't you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah high for sure. You saw on the Thursday night game last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah dude, yeah, dude, I mean, but but that is and again getting into some Hawks and what they've told me about they go that that ended it, dude, that broke the locker room. Dude. It was Doug Baldwin told me, he goes if we won that, he goes, we were so tight, he goes. We were so tight, dude.
Speaker 8: And you had all these guys. I mean they'd only paid a few guys.
Speaker 1: They had so many young d players on their rookie contracts, which is why we you know, that's what the look of the draw, right, you get these groups where you're like, fuck, did we got beasts for a while for Free and Doug was like, dude, we were all like, oh, if we win this, we're running it back. We're winning three. And he's like, there was no doubt in our mind. He's like, there's no doubt in mind mind, our mind, we were gonna win the Denver one. No one picked us, and that first snap, you know, goes over Peyton's head and then everybody goes nuts. And it was like and even I saw so much orange in New York City, and then when that snap went over Peyton's head and in New York against Denver, the whole stadium went nuts and we were like, oh shit, like Seattle travel for this. But he said that broke the locker room and it was like nobody trusted Pete and Russ and everyone, like there was no one play. Yeah, dude, is that wild?
Speaker 4: That's crazy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And and and and they're just you know, not doing your job, like everybody's like, dude, Marshaan, I think I saw on some pot. He was like, you just want to be able to do your job and help the team. I was like, and you didn't let me do that, like you know, like that's that's what I was there for.
Speaker 4: Literally one yard you can just tell, and he was a part of him died that day. Yeah, oh is that?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh so, And just to just I guess, you know, fill in the blanks on how sad that was, because every Seattle sports fan has their own version of like you know, and like now you can talk about it whatever, but like without crying. I mean I cry when I get off the bus, for sure.
Speaker 8: But but all fifty people that were in this room, bro, I had friends.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen him probably eight years. Good friends. How good are they? You haven't seen him in eight years? But but uh, you know, we talk a lot and didn't even say goodbye. Just fucking everybody left. I'm not even joking. I were my best friends. It set oh up. You know. I wasn't going to see him for another four or five months. No turning around like dude, what the fuck I'll call you later, none of that. Just he pieced out. I turned around at one point he was just gone. And then I'll go over my dad and he's like he was just like he was like he looks so he was just like so much guilt. I was just like, you feel bad for cheating on my mom? He's like, no, the game. I was like, oh, shock. But it was a similar type of like I can't believe. I've never seen a grown man so bewildered. And I'll use that word too often, you know what I'm saying, Because he was just like you couldn't believe it. Yeah, and the split second, that's why sports are awesome. I don't get how people don't like sports, but you gotta take the good and the bad. And here's the thing, it's like that was such a I was in see the next day in sports radar and it was a dark, gloomy day, dude, and it was like a sports radio. It was sad, dude. And like everywhere everywhere I went, like a coffee shop, a fucking brothel, a KFC, taco bell, combo glory hole, like everywhere I went, everyone was just like, bumming, dude, is that wild?
Speaker 4: Crazy? That's that's sports?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, That's what it is. What do you have an equivalent in any career?
Speaker 2: I mean, we got destroyed in the Big tenle bring. I mean we got destroyed. They hung up, they hung over seventy on us. Three different running backs ran for like two hundred yards. It was like Melvin Gordon, James White downy ball.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: That was our senior year. We had seven fourth quarter comebacks that year. We were ten and two going into that game. And Ohio State was banned that year for the tattoo stuff. I want to say Penn State, they were in trouble that year. They Yeah, this was when it was happening. We played, We played that that week that the same dusky stuff all came out. We went to Penn State and played. But Wisconsin was like the third team in that division and we beat him earlier in that In that season, they hung seventy on us BRO and that was like, yeah, you were.
Speaker 4: What was that that game set Bro?
Speaker 1: That's like demoralizing, Yeah we were, Yeah we got kill.
Speaker 2: Look at that forty two in the first half. Yeah, you're getting forty two to ten in the at halftime. It's like, what do you even say in the locker room?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not insurmountable, but it's it's it's it's I mean, you guys tell me, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Know forty you know the games that's you asked what kind of memory takes you to a spot like that? Like I think of that game so I.
Speaker 1: Only played football up until sophomore in high school. I was offensive and defensive line, and you know, so we got to I got to play a few you know JV but like and we suited up freshman for a varsity game that they like, you know, destroyed. So we went into the end just to fucking you know, get some reps. But definitely always got to shoot up and go to the games. And was up, you know, on the sidelines for a game where it got blown out, and like, yeah, it felt like people were you know, that was not you know, what anybody anticipated. But like seventy is yeah, we played.
Speaker 4: We played Ohio State twenty thirteen, I believe it was, and I think the final score was like forty two forty three or forty two forty one, and we had the ball last and our coach pretty Hill goes, hey, when we score, we're going for two. We're ending this game. So we go down and we scored, and we went for two, and our quarterback threw it right to the right to the defense and it was over brutal.
Speaker 1: What the fuck I know that was?
Speaker 4: That was one of those like straight back to the house case of Ham's Light just found them as fast as you possibly can numb the pain. Yeah, eat emotionally, it's a horrible feeling. Yeah, there was a big fist fight that game too when a State guy got ejected.
Speaker 1: How close is the football locker room on a hole? Just everybody? Is it clickie like anything?
Speaker 2: Or it just kind of depends on what kind of team you have.
Speaker 4: College is over one hundred people on that football team, hundred players everybody, No, you know everyone, but it's like it's there's definitely like tears like people it's high school quarterback. I mean like yeah, like the offense line always. The offense line traditionally is like the best group of guys to be around, the the most humble. They hang out like they're more down to earth cats. I think it's it's great to be around, but you do have these pockets everywhere, and you're just hoping for a Will Compton like a gatekeeper to kind of bring everybody together. Ben Jones, who is a center for the Titans, Yeah he is, Like those are the guys you want around because then he just like brings you from each click to each click and kind of brings the team together.
Speaker 1: Let's go. It's a nice little deal going to the Titans game on Sunday pump.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, how do you feel about it? Colts?
Speaker 1: I mean I haven't been following either. I mean Flag Jordan on the Wizards.
Speaker 2: He just threw touchdowns, but they lost right to the Jags. Either way, it's like the Giants feeling.
Speaker 1: What's that the Giants?
Speaker 4: No, the lost of the Jags. The Colts lost to the Jags. But Flacco man doesn't.
Speaker 1: Get enough credit, doesn't does not when the Ravens, right, Yeah, with the Ravens.
Speaker 4: Speaking of raven that's obviously you know Stavros. Yeah, dude, his clips on the raven every game, so he is on Instagram every single winner loss. He does a whole video. He has a big Joe fla guy. He's so fucking funny. Have you seen these? No, dude, you got to look it up. We don't obviously have volume, but he does these, Oh yeah, these hilarious videos sports guys.
Speaker 2: Something about Joe Flacco, you know, but something because Ravens. Yeah, Ravens just won in overtime and Flacco had a good game, so he was still referring to like Jack Joe Flacco through for three fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the raven The Ravens and the Bengals last week went into overtime like yeah, five touchdowns and so and at the end estaffish is like murdering the Bengals. Who day oh who days one and four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just going off on Ravens near that w by the way.
Speaker 4: That's funny, dude, super funny.
Speaker 1: Another guy got to know on the fully Loaded fest.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Another reason why it's like and he I think is gonna do one of our doctor for live theater shows. Late night they had one of the uh we're at the Hall of Fame and can I think and where we were staying. The whole after party where the buses were had like uh pool and just all this just a dope hang big you know, Bird just goes to the Nines with like the post show hanging. Then so Burton Stop was uh and I heard just in the pool just smoking blunts and drinking and just like bullshitting and talking comedy and this and that. And at some point Bert's like who do you guys hate?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: And then uh, so that's why I got to know Stop just like in the point that and just you know, but yeah, he's I didn't know he's a sports guy. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Has there ever been a guy in comedy? This is kind of like a dumb, cheeky question, but has there ever been a guy in comedy that, like, you thought, I'm not gonna like this guy just based off his comedy, and you meet him, You're like, I fucking love this guy.
Speaker 1: I'm sure because everybody's judged a book by its cover, no question.
Speaker 4: But I've also asked you who you hate, so I'd rather switch it up you who you like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell you well, I mean, let me give you who do I think? I not wasn't gonna like him, and did well, not that I was gonna like. But when I uh, Todd Berry is super quiet and shy, you know, Todd Barry is not to pull him up right now? Yeah, I mean, it's just a fucking super fun comic, just real quiet and shy and kind of like snarky and snappy and and he's just one of the nicest guys. But yeah, he's fucking.
Speaker 4: Count professor Xavier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who do I like? I mean, dude, I mean, Santino has been my boy since we both started.
Speaker 4: Uh he did bad bad friends. Yeah, you did it's my favorite podcast we've ever done.
Speaker 1: I totally I'm not gonna say why, Yeah, there's another way for me to say that quicker, but yeah agreed. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Solid in his clips too, with the uh, what's her name, Bobby, what's her last name? Yeah, Bobby, the clips that are going around with him and her on the golf course all off or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he crushed that. Yeah, Bobby is It's so funny when they Bobby was the first guy I went on the road with for about three years and opened for and really just showed me out you're supposed to be as a headliner and just was so generous and funny and and uh. And then he was like, I think me Andrew gonna start a podcast. I was like, oh god. I was like, get ready to buy a second house. I mean, they're you just knew their energies together, a.
Speaker 4: Million subscribers before like one hundred episodes.
Speaker 1: And and Bobby and they both had kind of significant followings, and then just mashing them.
Speaker 4: Together was dude Bobby on Mad TV back in the.
Speaker 2: Day, lable unreal.
Speaker 1: He does not get enough credit for that and so long ago, and he's now like in this new phase of his career. But like, and he still gets love from that. I think people still they're still fans. Yeah, totally, but yeah, he was a brilliant sketch actor. Dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Will Sasso was a Mike McDonald was that his name?
Speaker 8: Stewart just texting with him yesterday, Dude, Mike is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: When I would go home, there wore either be Comedy Central on and that should be playing or c MT with like Duke's Hazard. Yeah, it was like the two things are always on. And I thought that ship was so I thought a rival destinel.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I was a living color guy. That was like really with Jim Carrey Jimmy Fox watching pull that ship up, Pull it up. Yes, this was a Fox sketch show that came on after The Simpsons, and I think it was a maybe pre mad TV. Dude, it's Jamie Fox, Jim Carrey, Damon Wayne's uh keenan I everywhere look at that, David Allen Greer, Tommy Davidson, bro look into it. Holy shit funny. That was what made Jim Carrey and Jamie Fox.
Speaker 4: Dude, Yeah, that's the kind OF's the character he did name.
Speaker 9: Freer Tomilow and she was a workout girl.
Speaker 1: And she goes and you know, Jim Carrey flexible as fuck. Fire Marshall, Bill, let me show you a shoon. Time he do this character, you go fire prevention safety, and so you go like, let's just say every sketch was like, let's just shay. You're going into the kitchen. You want to make a piece of toast, you put the pieza Brennan and the electrical charts goes off, and then then all of a sudden, he's just burning, like his hands just on fire. He goes sow. You call the police. They don't pick up because you know, it's about the fuck you're doing, you know, and then he's just every sketch he just burns to death basically, and gets all he's just got third degree burns and it'sous. Yeah, Santino was my boy. Harland Williams. You guys know, horle no do not funny dude, man, you know half Baked something about Mary. Yeah, yeah, but you guys probably did comics that like sports, right, is that kind of the prerecords it to be on the show.
Speaker 2: No, No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 4: We're obviously big into sports and stuff like that, but just talking to comics in general, like you starting the show and just talking about flexing the creative muscle, your creativity, the way you're getting all that stuff, like all that's fascinating. So it's awesome to hear those types of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a who's this guy, William Montgomery?
Speaker 4: William Montgomery's.
Speaker 2: Is he pretty much?
Speaker 1: Just? Yeah? I mean he's pretty. He's pretty mellow off stage. Actually, yeah, he's kind of. Yeah, he's pretty mellow.
Speaker 4: Who's the cat that's always paid It's a heightened character I.
Speaker 1: Think for the stage for sure. But he's a pretty he's a pretty sweet guy.
Speaker 4: Said again, who's the guy that's always pacing around? He just he rambles the entire time on kill Tony.
Speaker 1: Oh, Casey Rocket, Casey Rocket. Yeah, what's his gig?
Speaker 4: What's he?
Speaker 7: Was?
Speaker 4: He the same guy? Off?
Speaker 1: No, pretty chill, I mean a little. I mean, every this is a thing, man. It's like people like you know, young, it's like you just want to find finding having a thing on stage, you know, it's and finding your voice is such it just does take time. But but that is a version of who they are for sure. I mean but not everybody is, you know. I mean I would hear that Robin Williams was that way on and off stage. You know who was fucking my guy growing up for sure? But yeah, cams and beast. What what do you guys consume? I guess like or when you were playing, like what was the because you know, getting to know a bunch of athletes now, it's wild how many when I was in Minnesota a bunch of the Vikings came out because they were all kil Tony fans. A fan of my phil shit uh and uh And so I'm they're like, oh, yeah, we watched it all the time during like what And I'm like, so what's your like what would you guys watch during I don't know, bus trips or flights or whatever. Comedy wise, what would you get down to film?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: Just always this season is a wild deal.
Speaker 1: It's all no downtime.
Speaker 4: Huh, Well there's like there's downtime, but there's always like this delusion in year that's like how can I just be.
Speaker 2: One percent better?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Always, or in my free time would be like we had a Madden League going on in the locker room, so we'd just be playing video games.
Speaker 4: Were always big on Nintendo sixty four.
Speaker 1: It's got to decompressed somehow, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Too, Yeah, and that was always like we were actually talking about streaming today and it's like my game. I don't know if you're a gamer at all. Yeah, Like I was big too and sixty four and then really after that it kind of shut down. I dipped in my Tone, Halo a little bit and other games, but like that was we actually brought that back twenty eighteen and Will came to the Titans. Yeah, we had the n sixty four hooked up in between every between practice and meetings. It was like dress as fast as possible, let's go play as many games as you can. That was definitely our big thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you guys bond right away when you met?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think like that's where you met, Yeah, on the Titans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a we we played against each other in college. Yeah, and then when you were at the Redskins, we played my my second year year, third year twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: No, that was my it was my second year because by the time we crossed paths on the Titans, like that's my second start, got you.
Speaker 1: But when you played against each other, you didn't like, you know, did you chat like postgames.
Speaker 2: Hey, good to see you out here, Like a couple of white boys're surviving, right, And you.
Speaker 4: Always remember a white guy named Compton, like you always remember that always anytime you kind of go past. But when he when Will was a free agent he came to the Titans, there was either a tweet or an article. I can't remember. I always say article, but I might be wrong. That was like based on Will Compton's social media and Taylor just in the media and the antics he does, like they're they're going to be best friends.
Speaker 2: And then I saw I saw Taylor get a little gay cup of coffee and then we bonded.
Speaker 4: Over something yet hazel coffee, and I was like, you drink flavor coffee?
Speaker 2: And I was so defeat.
Speaker 4: I poured it out right there. I was just trying to make such a good first impression.
Speaker 1: You hate when you see flavored. Lucy's too soon. Wait the that's cool that the media basically announced your uh you know, uh friendship before you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and then yeah, OTP is. The first podcast we did was the official Titans podcast, like they were just kind of starting it and they wanted me on I was like, I'm bringing Will. It was like, what a weeking annoying each other. Yeah, so we.
Speaker 1: Would have this thing called first podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would have a thing called Breakfast Club. It'd be me, Will and Mike Campanero and Mike was also new to the Titans, and they were all laughing about something and I was like, hey, I want to laugh we're we're talking about And we would just talk about podcasts like congratulations the Avonn's.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I'm a fan of you guys.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my principal was a raccoon. Now it's my deal.
Speaker 2: That's your theory.
Speaker 4: What a unique individual. By the way, there's any brain.
Speaker 1: Another guy since I started comedy, since he started and always so always so funny, same guy. I mean, he's definitely become more of a caricature character. I mean he's he's just leaned heavy into but he but that's who he is, right and like when he says wild she liked that, Like man, he and I I'll never forget this. We talked about this less of My song where we were in San Diego at Thela Hooye Comedy store together and we were at breakfast he and myself in a comedian Francisco Ramos and uh and some the waiter came by and was being kind of a dick, and THEO was like, man, we got them. There's a we got We got a classic dig Breakfast over here. And when we all started laughing, I go, Dick Breakfast, dude, great name for like a fucking like, you know, detective from like the eighties to just whatever. And then we just started riffing and ranting on this guy's story. And then for about two months we outlined a movie about Dick Breakfast. It's out there somewhere, I mean in our emails, but like we were all about it. And then he you know, and uh, but you know, no surprise dude. And again, sweet nice guy to everybody and arguably gets some of the I mean bad friends are getting some pretty cool podcasts, you know, with Jack Black and MGK and stuff. But like THEOS goes from Papa John to fucking Bernie Sanders to fucking want.
Speaker 2: To Uh, you know, it's becoming like that roganesque style where he's getting these massive things.
Speaker 4: About cocaine. Right, like that broke the Internet for a day and a half. Honey, Yeah, you brought up a little guest on Bad Friends. MGK you a.
Speaker 1: Fan, Oh yeah, huge fan of Yeah, my wife. He I'm you know, jelly Roll, and I've got to become good buds and he's I'm just biting my time. He's trying. That's somebody's trying to help get me on the Phil Show. Because he said getting on Bad Friends was even kind of a you know, a big ass because he's I don't want to say he's not he said he wasn't like shy, but he just you know, has hasn't done a lot of that stuff. M trying to get m yes interesting and my wife is obsessed and interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's saying that because jelly we're trying to get MGK on the bus too. But yeah, jelly Roll is a prime example of just being kind and just yes.
Speaker 1: It's like again dude, and again you go it's it's not it's not tough to fucking be like when people are going, I can't believe you do all this ship and you're so like, you know, like he's so nice, like yeah, dude, because he was that way before and he's just now like, yeah, you get to do more shit and you know, and then you have more people to help you balance it out. But like he treats everybody so kind, all his staff and everybody. And we went to I was in Austin, so I did the last kill Tony and then had to go to Atlanta on a Thursday, and he was in San Antonio on Wednesday, so went down to see a show. I'd never seen his live show, just rips. And we're back there after smoking dabs, which I have done maybe twice, and I am I mean probably. It was like I wish I had the video to pull up, but it was like, you know, I'm good with weed. Dabs are fucking and he's just hit.
Speaker 2: Him like it's breakfast, dude, like it's breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just not even affecting him, like I mean, but you know, great pipes. His new album drops and I think like a week or project.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this product.
Speaker 4: So if you're listening to this episode now, Jolly Rolls album is out.
Speaker 1: Go get it. He sent me a sneak peek.
Speaker 8: It's fire. Oh it's unbelievable, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is did he is.
Speaker 4: He's one of a kind.
Speaker 2: He is all time. I had a couple of high school buddies that I got I asked them for tickets to their show, and he hooked it up like not just I was like, bro, you can get them nose like you get them someone on the outside, like just a couple of tickets. He looks them all up, gets the backstage. They're smoked, they're smoking with them, and my boys are so hype, like, bro, Jolly Rowse the coolest dude of all time. And I'm just thinking about stuff like he really is Is there anything nice?
Speaker 1: It looks so fucking yeah. I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Is there anything more uncomfortable than then hit one of your boys up about your like boys from back home, be like, hey, could they get tickets to X, Y and Z. I feel like every time it's uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Well, I have friends that have I got certain friends that I'm like, dude, ude that will still pay. And then I get mad and I go, dude, I told you you've got and they've gotten free tickets from the whole time I've ever been you know, seventeen years or you know, I guess, uh eleven years of headlining but uh never paid. And then I've got friends who have fucking they've just always been like no, man, I'm support, man, this is all your ship and my good friends and I I can't stop them because they buy them before and because I'm usually like a couple of days out being like, oh, you're gonna come, and they're like, already got tickets, and I'm like, you got to stop doing that. Yeah, you know, I fucking it's or they don't talk to you at all and you see them in the crowd, well yeah totally, yeah, yeah that'll happen too. But then there's people that like, I mean, and I have a you know, if it's a deep cut from high school or somebody haven't talked to and they send a nice message and they're like, you know, we want to come see uh And you know, now I guess with like, you know, the show's being sold this weekend. I just ran to some people at the airport and they were like, oh, man, I can't believe we're seeing you're man, and we we're either gonna come see you or see this band on Thursday. And I go, I'll make it easy for you. The show sold out and they're like fuck, And I was like, but I'll get tickets if you want to go, you know, because you always got a few comps, you know that they can squeeze in, and so they're gonna come to the show. But friends that are like deep cut that I haven't talked to getting them to my show, I'm usually always pretty much happy to oblige. But you know, there's a buddy of mine that's in you know who. The new kids on the block are a boy band from the nineties. They kind of started the boy band you know. I guess you could go back to the Beatles, but they were in the nineties, like the first fucking you know, teen Bob Dolls. Fucking yeah, dude. I mean these guys they paid away for in sync bash you boys, all that shit in the nineties and all from Boston. Donny Wallberg that's Mark Wahlberg's brother on the far second from the left, and my buddy Joey McIntyre who's in the to the right of the guy in the blue, was in this movie The Heat with Me with the Santa Bulk and Wilson McCarthy, and so I got to know him real well. And so all girls that are like in their thirties and forties are obsessed with these guys because they were kids and they came up you know. And so once I started kind of doing stuff with them, and then I'd opened for them on some shows, and then like then their fans were just rabid, would kind of jump on you. And then Joey did a curb style show where I played his manager, and and so then when people knew I was friends with them, I'd have all these buddies of mine hit me up for tickets for their wives and people that like I not even like, haven't talked to you in ten years. We were we were never we just we were at school together, you know, better just like but then they hit with like a long like dude, congrats and everything. Man, you're really going for it, dude, I always knew you would. I'm like, I think you called me a the homophobic slur for the f when I quit football to play Danny Zuko and Greece. But like, good to hear from you, Josh, you know, and uh yeah, sophomore or high school, I was gonna star varsity as a sophomore with sophomore captain because the nice lineman. But I'm just trying to fill out the story for you. Nice solid, But I well, I was fucking lived. I was doing all the ship and I was and football was fun, but it was not. I knew I was not at six to one and a jew gonna go pro and I and uh so but so, and then the play came along and I was like, oh, that always was fun and basketball was kind of my more sport anyway, and uh, but the offensive lineman above me got injured. So the coaches like, dude, your sophomore captain and you're starting varsity because you're fucking and I was just like anything, man, I just was all in, you know, all the camps and the fucking wait. I was just all in for football and uh, because you don't want a half asset and and then I had to go in and tell him. Basically, I was like, I think I'm gonna quit and do the play because the plays were a big deal in our community. Always went for field trips as a kid, and it just seemed like fun and I just like really wanted to do it and I never and the guy who was directing it was like, you know, we're doing Greece, and I think you would be a great Danny. I can't say you're gonna get it, but like, and it was the lead in the play, and I'd done the play the year prior and it was just kind of a random ensemble part and the only the guy was running up against was this Korean dude named Danny park And I'm like, not that Danny Zuko. You know, Travolta couldn't be a Korean guy. But you know, I felt like I got a pretty good shot and so and so I went in and told the coach. I go, My mom was like, you got to just tell him, and she goes, what do you want to do? I go, well, if I feel like I played football, i'd be playing to please the coach and not because I want to do and she goes, well, there's your answer, like, you know, you shouldn't do anything to because you don't want, like to make somebody else happy your life and sound single mom advice. And then I go in there and I go, Coach, I try to make a joke out it. I go, I'm not gonna be ab to play football this year because yeah, I can't memorize the playbook. I got to memorize the lyrics to Grease Lightning. And he goes, get the fuck out of my office, and I go, cool, great talk tanks a lot man, and he goes, come in two weeks and tell me the right answer, and so I sit on for two weeks, doesn't even let me out on that, and I fucking go back and forth and finally go in and tell him, and then he just fucking didn't say anything. And I was like kind of like fucking like awkwardly robot it out of his fucking office or whatever. And uh and then he ended up coming to the Sunday Matine with his kids and I'm in full fucking you know, makeup and the low jack and he was like it didn't suck pretty good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like the best. That's where like nothing worse than telling the coach.
Speaker 1: Now, probably it totally. And he was a basketball coach, to which which I still don't played. So then he would give it to me like if I fucked up, play be like, so I don't have a script for this fucking play at him, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like.
Speaker 1: Let's go, so go Yeah, everything, you know, I take it, But uh, but what was I saying to that? Uh we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Before that short term memory smoking weed. It's gone, FU, dude, you're out, that's done.
Speaker 1: What else you guys got up there these all the queer talk.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you're more of a best should we go, best Halloween decorations, yest pies, best soups, tear talk?
Speaker 1: Is this great?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Best soup? Well?
Speaker 1: Real quick, I want to do a traveling reality show or a buddy of mine finding the best soups in almost like a what do we call it, soup chasers? Almost like Tornado chasers, but yeah, because there's a list, there's a website we found with like the top fifty soups at the places, and we're basically going around to find those things we don't know. We have like six different version of the show. If it's a competition thing where you take people like the people with the best chowd or the best tomato biss, the best lobster biss and put them against each other. Or if you're just it's a travel show and you go to the place where the people have, you know, like a man versus food thing. They have this challenge. You go to the people they have the best fucking minnestroni, and you go there, you see how they make it, and then you tour the town. Maybe you set up a stand up show there at the end of the episode. Whatever love soups, favorite soup gotta be my mom's mots ball.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, okay, some parameters on this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is tear talk where this is a whole section of it. So you're to start at three. You're if you have more than three and you want to give an honorable mention, you're more than welcome to. You're gonna start a three pints, a picture of why you love that soup, that dish, then go to and then obviously the last one will be your your number one, give it. Make it suspenseful though, and you don't have to go first.
Speaker 1: Well, please, no.
Speaker 2: To what.
Speaker 4: Now here's a question real quick. This does chili and chowder kind of soup?
Speaker 1: Chili is a chowder? Is a soup?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's all I really chili is not a soup? Then maybe I'm not ready. Chili was going to be in there, you know what.
Speaker 1: To me, it's not a soup because the consistency is too thin. But now, but it is it does have soupy qualities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's soupy soup asque.
Speaker 1: I'll give it to you. It's your show, it's your bus, all right.
Speaker 4: So let's just let's just take a moment so I can just think for a second whether chili is okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Take your time, sound it out.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead, all right, we should take a few minutes.
Speaker 4: My Tier three is gonna be chili, And I know has to do with consistency based on what sure I'm just put up on the Google there. But chili is one of those things that if it's at a backyard barbecue, it just amplifies everything. It takes everything of an us. Now that stale bread, these stale even hot dog buns now have a taste, and you're gonna take one of those buns, you're gonna dip, You're gonna really truly enjoy it. So many different varieties and ways to make it. I like my chili spicy. I like my nose to run a little bit with my chili. That's how I like my chili. Tier two it's gonna be lobster Biskuh. There's a place called the chop House in ann Arbor, Michigan. It is has the best lobster bisk I've ever had in my life. Has a caramel, a caramel sent to it, a call touch to it, Wow, you're like, am I having dessert before my entree?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Really you're just having some lobster bisc and it's incredible. My tier one, my god teer is clam chowder.
Speaker 1: I think clam chowderol.
Speaker 4: There's so many ways to eat clam chowder. You can have it. You can have it with just salt and pepper. You could throw some Dabasco sauce in there if you're crazy, put some crackers in there, have a little bit of texture.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 4: You know what's even more wild. You can even have a bread bowl and the bread bowl has some clam chowder in their best clam chowd I've ever had in my life. Also was an anarbur Michigan, second place San Francisco. But that at the hotel we used to stay at it's now called the Graduate. It they had a clam chowder. They had a recipe for like fifty years that only the football players could have and they would have pictures Friday nights before games. And we had one guy, Elliott Mieler, who's an aspiring comedian. Actually he would just only eat the chowder for his pre like pregame meal or his night before meal, and it was that good? And that is my twof Wow, dude, amazing.
Speaker 1: The bread bolt is phenomenal, game fucking change dude, it is. And you can't put any super in a bread bull huh. And I've always said that you can't put a super in a bread bull. You can't put any soup in a bread b oh. Yes, yeah, it's uh like tomato. All right, I'll give you my beef and cheddar.
Speaker 4: Hold on, So once tear talk is over, we all go around the room and everyone gives one word to describe how they feel about the other individuals. Tier talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yam yam, yum, yam um.
Speaker 4: All right, jack omgram with you warm.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Kay soupy.
Speaker 8: That was a a special breakdown, dude. That was I now want to have that lobster bisk.
Speaker 4: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: And you're saying the caramel uh touch on top, caramel touch. There's a caramel note, caramel note. What do you think You're more prestigious about your soups or your wines?
Speaker 4: By far my soups.
Speaker 1: I'm not a wine guy, not with that attitude.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, all I've been to NAPA done, I've done it.
Speaker 1: It's not I'm you're not You're not this guy. No, you're not the It's got some wheat things.
Speaker 4: To play that game for a moment, but truly, the taste of wine to me does nothing for me.
Speaker 1: No, you're a hard a guy, hard alcohol.
Speaker 4: Yeah if I was, Yeah, yeah, tequila is my number.
Speaker 2: He's a hard ar guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, funny will funny dude. That's Tonice Dorito's joke of the night.
Speaker 4: That's me and my wife in Napa.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's go.
Speaker 1: You guys are a horrible thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from Canada.
Speaker 1: She liked the stash.
Speaker 4: She loves it, loves it good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she loves it because it is Uh Yeah, I feel like you without the stash. I've only known you with it, So I don't think Sherman about to fucking photoshop that out.
Speaker 4: You better take that off.
Speaker 1: She's from Canadall Park.
Speaker 4: British Columbia. Awesome, right above Washington.
Speaker 1: Right above, dude, that's a good part of the woods.
Speaker 4: She's actually mentioned Washington as a place that we might live someday, and I said there's no chance because I would just live in Koloonna have a part time place there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you guys love it here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love it here.
Speaker 4: I've really grown to love four seasons be in Arizona. I used to think four seasons.
Speaker 2: Hey, Taylor is becoming a four seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've grown to love it. Actually when I tell you that a couple days ago, right, yep, there's something exciting about Like, so this weekend was like eighty two degrees. The last two days has been like seventy four to seventy five. And that is something that you're like, bro, it juices you the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Then November you'll get like fifties forties, but not crazy. Now your winters get a little whild.
Speaker 4: No, not not here. You'll get like a three week cold snap where it's just insane. The whole town shuts down because there's two inches of snow.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's also awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: It's a fun time. I hate the snow. I will say that, I'll stand.
Speaker 1: Ten tos on that you love Hazel coffee.
Speaker 4: It was a mistake.
Speaker 1: I made a mistake, all right, said you were a mistake. I was actually want to talk about it because everyone's made a mistake. Only some have been a mistake, Okay, and I talk about that book chapter five, An abortion baby can still have a dream. All right, Uh, let's go French onion soup. I was in Prague, Nice, I went to Prague, was studying broad in London. My mom came out. We went to like poland we was in the concentration camp. So I was like, fucking what can We go to the museum and said it was wild. But we went to this restaurant. Uh, and Martha Stewart tried to buy their French onion souper respe and that was that. They were like hard pass, suck a dick, but we're gonna tell people that you tried to do that. And they put it on the menu, and like they tell you and you're looking at and you're like, what the fucking The guy's like yep, and he told me that exact story, and I'm like, well, I fucking gotta have it. And it was unreal. Dude had that perfect layer of caked cheese just fucking hovering above. Right. You push the spoon through break right immediately, dude. Uh, the first spot appropriately piping hots, not burning your tongue.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh. Some people are like, dude, I want the soup to buck and burn off my burn the herbs off. No, man, I wanted to just kind of soothe, like just immediately make me feel comfy about where I am in my life. And that's what that first spie the French onion soup did. And then Martha Stewart comes out the back and gives you a little BackRub and then she's like, psych, I actually wear I can't bitch, and then uh, I don't do it, Martha, And so so that's my that's my top, that's my that's my bottom, that's my top three, Tier three dude. The chowder bread bull is a I remember, uh where was uh you know, University of Washington football games when I would go in high school? What what they do to you?
Speaker 4: Michigan just lost to them. Yeah, but go on, not about me your show.
Speaker 1: That you could get bread bulls.
Speaker 2: It is crazy that they beat you guys.
Speaker 8: Yes, sorry, dude, you're a piece of ship for the way.
Speaker 1: What team was at that? What dub team was at the that.
Speaker 4: The one the one that played last week? Yeah, yeah, who's a sports fan?
Speaker 1: Not you? Not a college football fan as much. When I left sc it drops, Yeah, I went from do you.
Speaker 4: Know who won the National Championship last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went to it.
Speaker 4: You did, Okay.
Speaker 1: I become friends with Harbor now through fuck it. He is the fucking man. Dude, pull up Harbor and Doctor Phill. There's a picture as he came to a Doctor Phill Live show.
Speaker 2: No we didn't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, and I was gonna pull him up.
Speaker 1: There is right there. I was gonnaull him up on stage. Oh he loved it.
Speaker 4: The middle fingers so funny, just as Doctor fill.
Speaker 1: Wild and we now have like merch with all that ship. It's just fucking I should have brought you guys some ship. Actually, well, if you're around, I'll I'll send you guys some ship.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: But he uh, my my buddy Julia White, who played Erkele, his wife is tied to the Chargers and so uh, he was at the wedding and we just started shooting the ship and I was like he gave an impromptu speech where he was kind of.
Speaker 8: Like you guys have a fucking grab marriage by the balls.
Speaker 1: And fucking and was so funny. And I went up to him. I was like, bro, that was unbelievable. He's like, oh, thanks, man, Well you know, and he's like you know, just a big kid. And I go, I go, dude, I go, you know, I'm a just you know, I'm giving you just the comedic praise. And he's like, oh, you a comedian. I go, oh, yeah, yeah, but that's not what I'm saying. I was watching through the eyes of a of a of a professional funny and you know, you ripped it. And then we start started chatting and he was like, oh, I love to come to a show. And so then we started texting and I was like, hey, man, before you come to a regular standup show, which you can see anytime. I got these phil shows that like would really and so he came with the offensive coordinator for Greg used to be at the Ravens Roman Yeah and uh and they brought their wives and he had a fucking blastud that was And I was going to call him up and do something with him, but I was like, you know, let's let him enjoy the show whatever. But but I went to that game because I met the trainer for the U doub Huskies a few years back and my best friend was going to the game and couldn't get tickets. They like waited too long, and I hit up this trainer. I was like, bro, do you have any weight? I was on the sidelines for a Seahawks game with Schneider. Trainer comes up and goes, we'll be right back right this guy named Ashman and I go, what's up man? He's like, oh, I love the field stuff.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I was like, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It was the trainer for the Seahawks and now you dubbed for the last twenty five thirty years. I go, get the fuck out of here. He starts telling me unbelievable stories. That's why I tell you. When I knew about the Hawks being injured for that Super Bowl, he went down the list. I was like, I go, man, white suit, I go, were you there? An Azy immediately went to that was like, what was it like from your vantage point? He's like, oh god, He's like, let's talk about your parents' divorce next, you know, and then and then as my mom's stepdad and d'Arte on the right never smiles, dude, Just fucking one smile, dude, the amount of cool shit I've fucking given you, Just fucking one smile, dude, Just break the fucking give me one dimple, you fucking ungrateful piece of shit. No, I love him, dude, and and so uh uh yeah, and so he gets us tickets to the fucking championship game.
Speaker 8: Let me just say this, dude, first of all college football fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, growing up, went to up games all time in high school, went to SC obviously like wild and for about five six years after was stuck in college football, really a loose profan. And then you know, he came up to Seattle and it was like that kind of got me reinvested the home grown Seahawks. I was all about, you know when we lost the Super Bowl in what twenty third two o five to the Steelers on some bullshit calls. But I just lost my college fandom because the pro I just went like all pro, you know. But the National Championship was wild. I've never seen a sporting event like that in my entire life. It was at the with the Superno, the Houston Dome whatever that is one hundred plus thousand loud the whole time, the whole time, dude, and and Pennix, you know, a couple of bad throws, man, and like, yeah, I mean they played a hell that Michigan just fucking played a hell of a game.
Speaker 8: They were they were the best team, right, But but you doub was there for a reason?
Speaker 4: Man, that was a trying time for busting with the boys, because that was Will was Will and I were kind of enemies at that point. We did a stream and Will only wanted Michigan to lose. No why bad friend, bad friend. There's bad friend and I was being a little nasty about my fandom.
Speaker 1: So they lost last weekend.
Speaker 4: I've been humbled, There's no doubt about it in a big way.
Speaker 1: So Tier two because that you dubbed games had Edmondson. You know the Husky Stadium just outdoors again cold, with the chowder bowl, Seattle, you know fall just you know the you know, seeing your your breath when you breathe, doing the fucking as a kid, doing a fake fucking do the dishes, bitch right, whatever you're saying. You know some cool old guy with a cigarette catch phrase, chowder buls outside.
Speaker 8: Uh, just the contrast of hot and cold.
Speaker 1: Give it to me all day. It's like when you hop into the hot tub, right and uh, you know, out of the snow you get that fucking like same thing with the chowder bowl outside. Can't can't get any better. That's a tough that's hovering into Tier one is the chowder Bowl outdoors at a college football game. Tier one, dude, Mama Ray Pudding. My mom putting her room names Carolyn. My grandpa gave her the nickname Pudding. I did a really dumb joke when she first married my stepdad. His name is George Cox. I would go, fucking you know my newson. Now my mom is putting Cox. I go, I'm glad that his last name wasn't Cox in the butt. You know, he's got way more laughs here than I got that open mic fucking circuit twelve years ago. Whatever whenever they got married. There she came out in the Beginnie my special, she's gonna be in another thing coming up, the fucking goat. My mom is a goat. And so she makes a mots of ball soup that'll fucking you know, talk about coming in your pants, dude, take away that first h j over the pants, dude, that was.
Speaker 4: It, I mean, better than any Halloween night grind.
Speaker 1: She makes her mosball soup on what's it called, just mats of ball, mots of ball soups. And so this is another passover retreat. It's just a fluffy, you know. I mean the soup is just you know, Veggie's chicken salty and then the big fluffy almost like a bread ball. You know, it's you guys would fucking love it. There's nothing Jewy about it other than it's just a fucking it's a jew soup, which is a great band name. And it's so you know, sure them, if you can play the bass clarinet, you're hired. And so it let's go and uh it, Yeah, it's just anytime of year. So on Halloween, my mom, they live in neighborhood where's a lot of kids and stuff, and so she and my stepdad get dressed up. The kids, my nephew and niece has now come over to help hand out candy. They fucking love it. And uh and she makes a fucking big thing a soup. Kids come over the hang. It's like in any time, it's a seasonal soup, even though it's only it will be times. So I'll go home and I'm like, you know, he knows what you want. Yeah, and she's either she's already made it or I'm just like, can you there's the fucking yeah, dude, look at that guy. Proposition by two Australian women and one Filipino.
Speaker 2: Man decent, never had the top one. And then I'm not necessarily a French onion guy.
Speaker 8: I apologize. De Yeah wow, not a friend. Uh okay, So the chowder bowl.
Speaker 2: You can love the chowder bowl.
Speaker 1: Think that's a quick way to get Yeah, I was trying to. I was just trying to, you know, mix it up with the other two. But you know, I take it. Uh, the moss ball soup you haven't had, you can'tnock.
Speaker 4: Never had it. Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 1: She had a bullet on me.
Speaker 4: My word is optimistic. Wow, okay, I love you. I love your first two. I haven't tried the mots Ball. But the way you talk about your mom.
Speaker 1: Mama, Ray, send a bucket down here, yeah, broh. Or maybe next time you guys are in Seattle, maybe if I'm up there, we do a live busting or something somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring her out and feed the tea.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hopefully this episode pops off or people are in the chat are just like, dude, you guys got to do that. We'll come out and then everyone will gain, and then we'll close the show by you guys being like and then we'll be like, Will go damn right in the back. Whatever the fuck he did in his pants a couple of minutes ago. That's how we closed the episode. And then Pete Carroll comes out and goes, I actually like the soup and goes, we don't fucking go get Reggie budget ask go ahead, you know he's a great guy.
Speaker 2: What's your word in the back? Sharm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shallum, Oh, somebody just googled Jewish catchphrases. He is on your show, home dude. Even the way he said that, like somebody was like, oh, really, you've been to a bar. Mitzvah was like yeah, man, shut on, Hey.
Speaker 4: Sure you're doing the twisted question. Yeah you got you gotta read the twisted question, solid Mitch, Thanks Mitch, Mitch ain't won those smoke nostalgic nostalgic.
Speaker 1: Good one, good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Will just came it at him. Now you gotta go reaching the ends over.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he's gonna do his and then we'll do twisted tea and then you can Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, we're all watching Will. Yeah. Yeah, I'm optimistic that it's not gonna be that great. Go ahead, what do you got baby? Close us out?
Speaker 2: Honorable mention vegetable soup. Just your classic vegetable soup. I love to dip peanut butter sandwiches in it. And remember that because there's a Tier one coming here.
Speaker 1: What was the orphanage that you grew up in Sandusky's Yep? Yeah, well funny, you're quicker than I thought you'd be. Uh wait, my Tier three vegetable soup is my Tier three. Wait, vegetables are Tier three.
Speaker 2: That's an honorable mention, doesn't make the cut, just an honorable mention.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know we got that well, I said it out loud.
Speaker 1: I love to give a shout out to a Milio Estevez for hiss roll in mighty ducks. Two and three honorable mention. If we're gonna fucking give out some free shoutouts, let me know, dude.
Speaker 2: My Tier three is broccoli cheddar soup. Ooh, specifically from pop Bellies over the weekend. Very good dippable soup. I'm a big dip guy. My Tier two is going to be a creamy, dreamy lobster bisk You have all the perfect words for it. My Tier one, near and dear to my heart is chili. Chili is one of my favorite meals because I love dipping peanut butter sandwiches and chili. Do you really yeah, dude, Hey, hang on, hang are you are you? Are you setting me up right now? Are you being fucking serious?
Speaker 1: I was a guest. Can I keep telling my sorry? Yeah? So yeah, no, I know, send you up my mom. Another soup, tomato soups you'd make and fucking PB and J's, Dude, all day. I would come home from football practice and either slam do when your metabolism is just through the roof, right, I'd slam either seven double deckers right from a two a day summer practice, right, so you've just you've burned everything you know and puked everything seven double deckers or two PB and J's so four and dip them all in the soups and dude, I mean, I'm I'm salvating thinking of it. I'm doing it for I'm doing a sherm right now, Dude. I'm getting so excited just thinking about dipping. Dude, Dude, I knew we were homing. Dipping The soup is the move, Yes, you have to, and that's and broccoli cheddar might be the best for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do love it. Try try dipping a peanut butter sandwich and chili. You will really like life.
Speaker 8: But I'll think, yeah, you will really like what you taste.
Speaker 2: Okay, big Missouri thing. Every Thursday in the cafeteria would be chili Day and you'd have a peanut butter sandwiches. Wow, dude, mix with some honey. The peanut butter mix with some honey. I'm always there, incredible Wow Mouth of Salvator.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you, this is this tier thing, this is a thing you do. But the soup, but soup we just we stumbled on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was that it was just like, hey, the three options.
Speaker 1: So this is going to get me back to my thing about the soup show, which you know, again there's not enough time in the day for me to like do everything I want to do. But it is definitely like if you were to if you were to come to me and go, hey, uh, we got all this money, what do you want to make right now? Like show wise, that would be in the top three of things. I'd go, like the soup chaser shows.
Speaker 2: Const you to Missouri for the chili and peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Just but just the fact that just this is giving me even more juice to the idea because of the fact that, like, we're all taking our time with this, and it's like everyone has a soup connection.
Speaker 4: People love soup, and it's.
Speaker 1: You're doing the vo for the show. It's a big drone shot of fucking the States and it's and then we cut it on tailor and he just goes and he rips his stash off and goes people love soup.
Speaker 4: Boom, and then it goes into an action packed sequence. If you guys, dip in peanut.
Speaker 1: But peanut sandwiches whatever, we're popping Lucy's yehude, pants stains.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll just get Nebraska cinnamon rolls in chili.
Speaker 1: Well that's makes no sense to anybody, makes.
Speaker 2: None, but for your show, like chasing around Yeah right spot.
Speaker 1: See this, Yeah, and you want that. You want that element of like, dude, how fat can we get you?
Speaker 4: Nebraska? Nebraska makes a great corn chowder.
Speaker 1: Another one put it on the list. Wait what the fuck is this? Oh it's a I I thought you were about to be, Like, dude, it already exists. Sorry, these motherfuckers, bro. I literally my heart dropped.
Speaker 4: Dude, Hey, well you better make that show quick someone's gonna steal that after this episode. You got to get on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a patent it or something.
Speaker 2: Right, we know he's got it though, he's already been talking about on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's already. Yeah, it's already. There's draft. I mean, right, if somebody we could go back and sue. But that sucks. You don't want to be the fucking Winklevoss twins. You want to be zucker Ber.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You want to be army hammer eating women for breakfast, wild dude, delicious. Oh yeah yeah the words Oh I mean you said creamy, dreamy talking about let's see. Uh, I gonna do a good word.
Speaker 2: We'll come back to you, sir.
Speaker 1: What you think.
Speaker 8: Yum, we've already sorry, shirm, we've already used um.
Speaker 1: Mmm thanks Shehrm. Fuck dipping. We come to find Shehrm knows five words.
Speaker 9: Sounds yum, Taylor, he goes, shump, savory, savory and delicious are good.
Speaker 1: So I can't. I gotta do a different adjective that also expresses my take your time appreciation, which I could do for that breakdown. Appropriate came to mind. But that's like that sounds like that sounds like a fucking like a gym teacher.
Speaker 8: That's like look in the longer way too, that you can stare at.
Speaker 1: A woman's titties. And so, by the way, I'm the pe teacher and the health teacher. Mister Suplin that was the name of our guy, definitely would like there would be young girls in the class and he'd be like, look, some of you guys are getting pregnant. That's just how it goes. I'm looking at a few of you can see might already be happening, right, Okay, maybe you're just fat, so but anyway, we're going, uh you know what, man, perfect wow, Because I hadn't because I hadn't even considered or remembered how much involvement the sandwich and the soup, how much time they actually spending on, how much they need each other, and how much the dipping the sandwich was a part of my childhood. So so that was I just start crying.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 8: And I just I don't know, man, my mama made it much most so you can have it.
Speaker 1: You can have but dude, yeah, the dip. Don't underestimate the sandwich dip. Dude, even this kid, this is a piece of fucking non bread, Dude, that's not the move. Is that an Ai Suim did do Ai sandwich dip and that's what you came up with. Dude.
Speaker 8: This is why you can't always trust technology.
Speaker 1: Man, you can't do it. You couldn't find me a fat Smucker's jelly kid with a fucking peb and j halfway down MINNESTRONI, by the way, Ministronie's honorable mention.
Speaker 2: Shoutout of Minestrone Shadow Ministronie.
Speaker 4: I want to see what Suman cooks up here.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for Smokers jelly kid.
Speaker 1: And before this.
Speaker 4: Comes up, your guys relationship has taken so many different twists and turns. Just as this tear talk, good.
Speaker 2: For you guys, I got closer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it started was turbulent for a moment.
Speaker 2: But so you get to you start ball busting a little bit.
Speaker 1: You have to got to hit him and hug him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hit him and hug him. Internet not doing well.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for Shim to read this twisted question too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at this, here we go Smucker's jelly It's like ice cream. The kid's dipping. What the fuck? Wait, so this fat piece of ship has soup and a sandwich and then just a pint of Smuckers jelly ice cream next to him, just in case I want to wash down my soup.
Speaker 8: I mean this kid, I mean not too off from what I looked at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like fourth grade you right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is looks like just imagine that kid and a bird cost him.
Speaker 1: Bro, actually getting kids to be on soup. Maybe a kid, uh sidekick or like that kid assistant? Look at that kid and just like a falcon? What is that some sort of centaur?
Speaker 4: Is that a Harry Potter a mythological album?
Speaker 1: Mythologically?
Speaker 2: Sure? And bring up the uh that the ad read for Twisted? So I I gotta hear him. I gotta hear him.
Speaker 1: Get this let's talk about you guys are sponsored by you got some I wanst say it? What do you think? Uh?
Speaker 4: Let me special?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Twist?
Speaker 1: The question is sponsored by We'll Twisted Tea. But I heard a mountain do uh add in there? I think with your Joe Gato.
Speaker 4: Episode, Oh you listen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe, I love Joe and also the show man able.
Speaker 4: To get paid to say do to do is a special moment, Bro.
Speaker 1: I wanted to bring that up. That's wild to me. I mean I fucking it as a kid. Yes, and uh and also I don't know they're so cool it is? Yeah, do the dude like once they got involved with the commercials have always been I mean they fucked with Westbrook for who else did they have. They had some pretty cool athletes that were really doing.
Speaker 4: Some cool I think Sean White was a Mountain Dew guy, wasn't.
Speaker 1: He Also the the whole Baja Blast ship them making their way to the top. Dude, once you break the Taco Bell seal and you're in, dude.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a Taco Bell staple.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell has like the Mountain Dew Gordida. I mean it's like which, Yeah, Sina, come on, man does no wrong anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mountain Dew is sick, but also what else? What else is sick? Sherman? Twist Thank you, sir, Twisted, Thank you, sir. Twisted Tea is refreshing hard ice team made with real brew tee and five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very fresh and twisted goes. Twisted Tea goes down smooth. There is no carbonation that makes it easy to drink all day long. Twisted tea feels fun celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is a perfect alcohol slash beverage for a game day, whether tail getting in a parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted t is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted, cover twisted te today.
Speaker 9: Maybe you're gonna go out to the voting booth. Maybe you're gonna go vote for America. You wanna go, You wanna pick a price?
Speaker 1: You can you Calmin Harrison, I'm working at a McDonalds, and I was at the the first McDonalds. I went to every McDonald's. You weren't there, bitch, because she was at home drinking.
Speaker 9: Twist the tree, Twist the tea. It twisted me, but twisted me. I'm a pretzel. Twist me up.
Speaker 8: Put me, Put me in to four Loco, Put down to four local.
Speaker 1: Put a twist the tea. Twist me up to the macarena.
Speaker 9: Hoky, Poky, say your don't name when you come.
Speaker 1: Twist the tea. Your dad mine have left, but there they'll be there for you, all right.
Speaker 2: That shirm shere. Usually Mitch reads the twisted question and your guys rapport. This has to come from, sherm, let's come yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, Doctor Phil could answer this. Uh Biden could answer this. The year is one seventeen AD. It's the height of the Roman Empire. You are in command of an army of lizard people on the island of Crete. What is your strategy for overthrowing the established power that is the empirical tyrant of Rome.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, what a fucking psycho question, sherm. Here get this off the back of a fuck one of your magic the gathering circle jerks. Well, look, twisted tea's been around for a while so, and I like to suck down a nice tea. It's got to be twisted. I don't like those normal adjusted tees. But look, lizard people have a place too. Just like when you go to the strip club and you meet one of those dancers with one leg and you go, what's your name? And she says cinnamon toa's crunch, and you go, is that your birth name or your stripper name? And by that time she's already fallen over, and you ask yourself, why did I get here? What led me to getting here? What did I do in my life that got me to hear?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Crete is a is an island. I haven't been to it. Okay, I'll give you the eyes I've been to in no particular order. Okay, Uh, Hawaii, Epstein and uh Joshua Tree.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's not an island. But when you're on enough shrooms, you see water in places it's not. Okay. I once took a dive in a little mountain dew Coda red swimming pool. It turned out to be some period blood. So my strategy for overthrowing the established power that is the empirical tent of Rome would probably be to get a big cannon. I'm a big cannon guy. I'll give you my favorite cannons and no particular water. Uh. The cannon that was using pirates to Curse of the Black Pearl, Uh, which it was? Uh it was. That was the first time I saw Johnny. My favorite part of that movie is when Johnny Depp goes and I also love nick cannon because nobody fires off more loads than the original cannon Nick. Okay, and Mariah Carey said it best, you know, sweet sweet fantasy baby, she was talking about his cock.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Now, my strategy would be to get a cannon fire off one big Nick nickelodeon load and uh, just drench him. Slim them right, Remember the slime from back in the day, Remember slimer. Yeah, that's how I eat pussy. But I think there's something to be said about doing your best, putting one foot in front of the other, get into bed early, wake up with the sun, go to bed with the moon. Take dake well at night and night will during the day. And if you find yourself confusing alone in the shower, shave your head, your back. You're pussy in your crack. We'll be right back. Yeah. Do I answer the question? So I guess so see I do.
Speaker 2: See that is uh that day of the time, that the end of the shell time.
Speaker 4: That was incredible.
Speaker 1: Good man.
Speaker 2: Anybody who listens to the show off their guests about to come on, they hear the twisted question, Hopefully they don't listen to this one, because you're gonna be like it will.
Speaker 4: Be the most intimidating thing ever come across. Again, good question. Waiting the whole time waiting for question dog, first time meeting you. Yeah, I loved every bit of every moment of it.
Speaker 2: Has been amazing, super fun.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: You guys know what you're doing. Man, big fans. Uh, thanks for asking me.
Speaker 2: Man, it's not for part two already.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, come back to fill me whatever.
Speaker 4: If you get soup Chasers going, we demand to be part of the first season.
Speaker 1: One bro, one thousand. Dude, you honestly, it's like again, dude, it's outside out of mind until you get a little uh you know, uh fuel on the fire. But you guys, definitely, I'm definitely gonna, you know, spend some time today farting this back up. And we got the fucking poster. I was hosting that in the middle of Tony Romo. Yeah we got yeah, we dude, that's I've never tried to Tony Roman. Well, Tony, We've got all sour soups. That's my jim nance.
Speaker 4: Oh please please subscribe eight five stars and hey, what are you up to? What do you do next couple of weeks?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, I got so you know, here at Zany's this week. But I'm on the road. All my stand up dates are at Adam ray Comedy dot com. I got Cleveland coming up, San Jose, Phoenix, uh shit, and then we got the Doctor Phil Live Tour. We hit d C in Philly on October twenty fifth and twenty sixth UH and then the Beacon of New York on November fifteenth, UH Celebrity Theater in Arizona December sixth, San Diego Civic Theater in UH San Diego on December seventh, and that one's gonna be live stream with Tony Hinchcliff and Adam Devine and some other special guests. All the Doctor Phil Live and stand updates at Adam Ray Comedy dot com, my podcast about last night, UH Doctor Phil Live shows on my YouTube YouTube dot com slash Adam Ray Comedy. Fuck. I think that's it. Man, my mom's soup at my mom's house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out you mom.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you guys, thanks for being here.
Speaker 4: That was the question.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is I know. I was like, man, how did you guys come up with that?
Speaker 1: Or was that like no s