Speaker 1: It's nine Ogg with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: OMG, happy holidays you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh it was a good one.
Speaker 2: It was a tectic, great and exhausting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every party has a pooper. That's why we invited you because I'm just tiring.
Speaker 3: Are you grinchy? Were you grenchy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I love it all.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I'm not grinchy. I go, go go, I love it all. But it's like, oh my gosh, this is a lot.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: It was a lot leading up, it was a lot the day of. It's just a lot. I'm finally feeling now like okay, now I can chill for a second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really hard when you have young kids. So right, I am past that. You are in the thick of it.
Speaker 2: Still it's thickening, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I've been better about not making promises because it's like, we're gonna do this, We're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do this tomorrow.
Speaker 6: On this, I have so many wants to do with them and do do do, and then you know, expectations can't be met. So yeah, we're learning to go with the flow and one moment at a time.
Speaker 3: But it's still a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you guys do resolutions New Year's resolutions?
Speaker 3: I do, like a last year I did, like an affirmation, like one affirmation that I put on a post it and I put it in my mirror and it's been there the whole year. Oh, I like that. I love that. But it wasn't It was just many many one of many of my affirmations are like, you know, mindsets that I wanted to have for the New Year, and that one was slow down and I don't think I did it very well, So I gotta think of a new one.
Speaker 6: I always order from like instacart, the the things to make a mood board and intention board, and then yeah, we never get to it, but the intention's there, you know.
Speaker 4: Allegedly if you actually do it, if you put pen to paper. So this is the thing about resolutions, if you actually do it, you're more likely to complete them if you write it down. So even if you just do it on a scrap piece of paper, just write down ten things and then it's more likely you'll do them, even if you don't look at it, like a bunch of times during the year.
Speaker 6: So I heard something wild, jen earmuffs, You're gonna be grossed out by this, But you know how some people are like, oh, write it down, you get it out or set your intention, and then you burn it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: I also recently heard that you can do that and wipe.
Speaker 2: Your butt with it and when flush it. I'm like, what.
Speaker 4: None of that sounds good.
Speaker 3: I'm yeah, who who is giving you this information?
Speaker 2: It's like a healer? That so bad?
Speaker 3: Wow, I've I've been to a lot of woo woo. Never heard that the logistics alone of that immediately sown paint.
Speaker 4: Like what am I writing on toilet paper? That is hard, like challenging.
Speaker 3: Or if you're writing on paper.
Speaker 4: Correct, that's not going anywhere. And first of all, the havoc it would wreak on your pipes if you flush not immediately. I was like, there's so many problems here. Or if you wrote it on say you could write it on toilet paper and you pull that off, I don't want that pen getting near my nether regions.
Speaker 3: Like all of it was so many. You don't want any ink poisoning on your you know what, you.
Speaker 6: Know, your butt, you guys, not your Well what if you accidentally get get it, get a little too far forward and then.
Speaker 2: Well you wipe front to back, not back to front.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Yes, everybody wipes. Everybody should wipe front of milc. Merry Christmas, You're welcome, Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: And episode You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, so why do you do this to us?
Speaker 2: Why do you do I want to make you all smell? Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I literally my face hurts from laughing.
Speaker 3: Nobody do that. Nobody do that? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's like, what is the thing you have to put a disclosure?
Speaker 3: Like don't try this at home?
Speaker 6: Yeah right, It's like Jack must like, do not do this at home?
Speaker 3: License to give out this kind of self help?
Speaker 4: Oh my god. And the fact that so quickly the minutory said it, so many things came into my head.
Speaker 3: Like wait, do you imagine her writing it on toilet paper? I imagine her writing on actual like ripped out of a spiral notebook.
Speaker 6: Me because you know I would do that instead of like doing the right thing. But I mean technically, like if you did it in sharpie or something like, it's not going to come off on you and you could just flip it around and wipe, so it's not the sharpie's not touching you.
Speaker 2: I haven't thought about this much, you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure not a lot of people have thought that through.
Speaker 6: No uh uh over us Okay, No, it's okay, Christmas, So getting us back on track.
Speaker 4: So you guys don't even really know what's happening today because we wanted to surprise you. So three things happening. One is we sent a special delivery to both of you, which is our holiday gifts from us to you.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, nice, should we open first?
Speaker 4: Open one first? Okay, there's one from eBay and one from Revolve and we were not paid, so.
Speaker 1: Shout out to both.
Speaker 2: Wait can I say what from mine? Real quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Of course.
Speaker 6: So, uh we're an Airbnb currently so mine was sent to my business address and I had uber package pick it up Chat tuber, I love you. This is not paid sponsored whatever. I still love you, but Uber package took it somewhere else, so it's not currently here.
Speaker 2: So after this, got that back.
Speaker 4: And you'll know that you each got exactly the same thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Jenny, this is what we got. Look how cute this is the shirt. It says nine oh two one ho ho ho. I love it. It's very soft.
Speaker 4: You're gonna like Okay, so years ago Wildfox made these.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I love they.
Speaker 4: Don't make them anymore, so we had to We really had to scour the internet to find them. Wait, you didn't create this. This is no Wild Fox. I love brand created them.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you might want to wash it because it's it is. We did find it on eBay, so you just want to say, but was.
Speaker 2: Going to send over the edge. It's used Jen, No, it has tags.
Speaker 1: We didn't know its tags.
Speaker 4: But you just want to be saying, but yeah, Wild Box created it, and then we it's amazing. We also had simultaneously done a nine O two one Ho Ho Ho line before we discovered that they also had so good mine great minds, think alike.
Speaker 3: That's okay, Now I'm opening the next one.
Speaker 4: This is a little thing to get you guys. This is your real gift, to get you guys excited for our big outing in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Fourth, very creakly.
Speaker 4: This is our big outing. We're going on four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my yes, look it says the Rolling Stones. Amy is really doubling down on this tackle going.
Speaker 4: The whole thing because I want people to know we're really doing it.
Speaker 2: So out of your mouth. Oh my god, I'm really going.
Speaker 4: That looks too big for you, Jenny. We might have to exchange that for a smaller size, which we to over size is in Yeah, it's true oversize, isn't really?
Speaker 3: Now we have we're supposed to wear this to the concert. No, you don't have to just to get it, but we should.
Speaker 4: We should, can't, okay, but if we all think word, okay, I'll get one.
Speaker 3: Let's be dazzled them.
Speaker 4: So now we have two more surprises to get people excited for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Nervous, I'm not good with surprises.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. So this is not just about you, but it's about everybody listening. We have two exciting things happening in twenty twenty four. One is we have so many celebrity nine O two one oh fans that we're never on the show, but that reach out to us all the time just about how much they love it. Here get in our own iHeart family. So today we have a surprise celebrity guest who wanted to come on to meet They know they've met you, but to see you and ask their fangirly questions that they never like. Have the bravery to ask when they see you around work stuff. What then, we wanted to surprise you with a couple of fans, so happy holidays.
Speaker 6: So far I am not go as surprises. So I'm freaking out right now.
Speaker 4: I'll stay on for the celebrity.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, who is it?
Speaker 4: Do we have to guess as she's coming in? Which this was unexpected to me?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so nervous right now.
Speaker 1: Dancing with the stars.
Speaker 4: Hayl work is a.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Amy Sugarman was a podcast host. This is amazing.
Speaker 3: She's our co host. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Girls, I'm this mega fan. I'm a freaking mega fan. Slept on your faces and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you for surprising us.
Speaker 7: Cherl.
Speaker 4: Did you fall in love with nine to two and zero like when I did in its first round? You're a little bit younger than us, so or did you find discover it when it was like in syndication?
Speaker 3: Okay, so get this.
Speaker 1: So I'm currently at my parents' house in the Bay Area at the moment, and this is the house I grew up in. My mother who I shoved in the office because she was so loud. Yeah, only let me watch one hour of TV a week and it was nine on two and oh Wednesdays at eight pm, and that was it. And so that's I chose you, not Melroe's place.
Speaker 6: Oh, I feel like we've talked about so much.
Speaker 2: I never knew this about you.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not like that.
Speaker 1: I'm like a super fan. I'm like, literally, I only know you. Guys, like any celebrity I've danced with, which has been twenty six of them, don't know. I had to google except for Ian Zeroing obviously too.
Speaker 4: Could die when you got Ian like were you yes, getting weirded out?
Speaker 1: Like well, you know what's so funny because when I interviewed Brian on my podcast, I was like I was just because he came into one of our rehearsals and he was like, I thought you hated me, and I was like, no, I just get really weird around people that I know. So like, he goes, No, you just came off like as if you didn't even want me there, you just wanted to rehearse. And I was like, no, I just get like I don't know what to do with myself when I'm around somebody I know. I that like I used to look up to.
Speaker 3: You know, plus you were trying to teach Iron Searing how to dance and so, yes, but I wasn't annoyed.
Speaker 1: But it's so funny, how like back then, you know, I have this like resting bitch face. So that's just the way I am. R b F RBF.
Speaker 3: I love it. How are you girls? We're good? This is the holidays. Oh my gosh, I know, right, so you're at home for the holidays, which.
Speaker 1: Is clearly and my sign. I didn't bring that from my house. It's not like my mom has one yet.
Speaker 3: But you know that's I was like.
Speaker 1: It's a sex question for you guys about Okay, So I had the biggest crush on Luke Perry.
Speaker 3: Biggest who did his crush? Did he smell good?
Speaker 7: He didn't?
Speaker 3: Wasn't a clone guy?
Speaker 1: Oh no, Oh, I don't know if I would have liked him then, I.
Speaker 3: Don't remember that good? And was his pheromones were good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He never had bad breath. He would have my stinky pits, like, but I'm proud.
Speaker 3: Of everyone to smell them, like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you weren't, like you weren't grossed out for some reason.
Speaker 3: No, just the other day, I was my dog. I remember my dog like found a little like piece of tissue on the floor, right, I'm gonna show you, and it was like right there. And then Luke used to have this, Wait, I can't do it with that, and it's just sticky home them Luke talent. He would like have food on his face like this and then be talking to you, and then when you glanced away, he would move it.
Speaker 1: Wait what a different.
Speaker 3: Talents And then he would do that for the longest time. It used to crack me up so hard. And I just saw my dog do it the other day and it reminded me of Oh, it was just one of those funny He used to do funny things just to make people laugh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How about the guy, the new guy, the guy that was like the musician what's.
Speaker 3: His name again?
Speaker 4: Jamie Walters were just getting.
Speaker 3: To his upisdes So was he did he smell good? Did he weark colomb I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Know, But who would I know. She's gonna say she ate his face off?
Speaker 1: Oh right, right, right right, Okay, So that like when he joined the cast, that's when I started like dancing seriously. So maybe I wasn't watching every week, but I do remember him. He was like second place to look perry for me.
Speaker 2: He used to keep the same He smelled good, but not like coloone, just like naturally, Like.
Speaker 7: Did anyone wear colone on set?
Speaker 2: Probably iron?
Speaker 3: Gosh, I don't even remember. How about remember smell?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that wasn't the thing.
Speaker 1: Did he wear cool water or did he wear cool water?
Speaker 3: He did? Where I don't. I never smelled him. You guys.
Speaker 1: Smell like understand my dance partner, I'm telling you, if you don't wear colone you walk into dance rehearsal, you better go home and get some because I'm not even that's just so rude, Like I need to smell you from the moment you pull up in the parking lot because like we're dry humping each other. It's like it's very important that you smell good and that you are not. I don't believe in that.
Speaker 6: Like Deodorant's fine. I mean right, they need colone?
Speaker 1: Really, yes, I need colone. You don't understand you can wear old spice if you want. I don't even have a clone.
Speaker 4: If you're dancing, you're covering up sweaty sort of ness with just like.
Speaker 2: An Brian Moore car noir?
Speaker 3: There you that would seem right back in the day. Did you guys ever have any showmances duh with who are listen to the podcast?
Speaker 1: No? I actually started as you starting, but wait, say more? And I would I want something that you've never even said it.
Speaker 2: On your podcast? How long about her?
Speaker 3: She's going for the Jennifer showmancesh? Okay? How about any cats?
Speaker 1: Like? Did you guys all get along? Did like you and Shannon do Hardy get along?
Speaker 3: I kind of love this moment.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions for you, some that are going to be off there, but it's so weird that you came onto our show to ask us questions. I'm a super fan. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: If you were a super fan, you would know well, I guess I'm okay.
Speaker 1: I was a super fan past heads. I'm still super fan, but I was for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you're a more super fan of.
Speaker 1: Did I see you all the time? So like I can't be like, oh, like so awkward, which I wouldn't be.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I've literally asked you people that you've danced with, and you've told me so dirt like.
Speaker 1: You can come on sex lines and sprayed hands after this done?
Speaker 4: Wait, yeah, Tori, are you the one who had you have not done Dancing with the Star?
Speaker 2: I have not Wait, you.
Speaker 1: Were rumored to be on last season? FYI?
Speaker 3: Did you know that.
Speaker 2: Every season?
Speaker 1: Did I not convince you and we had that heart time at jingle Bow last year? Or did I not convince you?
Speaker 3: I clearly didn't. Wait. You couldn't wait. You were trying to convince her to go on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she had super valid points, Like I actually walked away like I feel like they've been asking me. They asked me season one and they've there's been asked all along the way, and I was like, oh man, I should have done it season one when I was in no honest like body mode told me I wasn't fifty and I could move back. Then what's holding me back? It's only physical stuff at this.
Speaker 2: Point, you know what?
Speaker 6: Seeing Jen traumatized afterwards, Like like going to see her and she's just like afterwards, she's like, not traumatized. She loved doing it, but you know what I mean, so scary in front, like and seeing the look on her face after the show.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, this would terrify me.
Speaker 3: It's hard. Yeah, what that that shows hard?
Speaker 1: And that was back in season what four? It's even worse now like hard as far as the levels, like the level of dancing goes. Yeah, would you do it again, Jenny?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Hell? No?
Speaker 2: Should I?
Speaker 1: I mean obviously you wouldn't be able to do it with Derek Huff, But would you do it with anyone else?
Speaker 2: That was his first season, right, Jen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jen was the first one to dance with him.
Speaker 3: That's right, you popped his dancing.
Speaker 1: Cherry Tory, you should do it.
Speaker 4: That'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know actually, like if you have any type.
Speaker 3: Of you shouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Last year you told me I should fully do it, and now.
Speaker 1: Now that you didn't want to, Like, I just don't know. Like the thing is is that it is a lot, so you got to be ready for it, like you could maybe do this.
Speaker 6: How you're saying I shouldn't, I'm going to so okay, all right whatever.
Speaker 1: Welcome to dance, Cheryl.
Speaker 4: What's your last nine O two one ost question that you always have wanted to know from?
Speaker 3: Well, you guys didn't answer my last two.
Speaker 2: I know we.
Speaker 1: Stop dodging the bullet. I did dodge it, so you can.
Speaker 3: We've talked about showmance's extensively on the podcast. Can you just give me a cliff note version? Donna and David Yep on the show blurred lines into real life.
Speaker 4: Is there a showmance that never got out?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, Toy is saying, yeah, which one I have? I have a couple in my mind that never got out? Oh, but that will never get out. I never say never. Oh that's juice. Oh I can say never because this is controlled. This mouth is controlled by me. This guy text you. Yeah, I'm texting you.
Speaker 2: I know though. Yeah, I would never say it either.
Speaker 3: Let's make headlines.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, imagine.
Speaker 4: Your fifteen minutes of fangirling is running to an end.
Speaker 3: Final question, Oh are you guys? Would you guys ever do a reboot?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, not like the other nine two and I can't with that, but like with you guys?
Speaker 3: What No, she's talking about I mean the one? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, so yeah, Jen and I co created a reboot.
Speaker 3: It was not a reboot, It was a re envisioning.
Speaker 2: Would you imagine yes?
Speaker 3: Reimagine yes? Yes?
Speaker 4: If everybody said yes, would you all come back together and do like a real like where you're not yourselves, you're playing with the characters.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait. And also, who would take Luke Perry's place?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 3: No one?
Speaker 1: Right Okay, I mean I didn't mean to answer.
Speaker 2: We're like no, no, wait great, I love how you guys are.
Speaker 3: We would we would? I think if we were to do it, there would be such a big vacant space there. It would feel really weird, but then at least you would honor him, which we tried to do with b H nine two. I know, like we did, you know, feel like something was really Missingflix, better to do it. You guys need to do it.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 1: It's like in sync if they ever come back together, It's like this is you're talking to our you know people.
Speaker 4: I actually like the in sync comparison. If I get in sync back together on tour and spend my summer nights watching what's.
Speaker 3: Like a song that in sync? Say bye bye bye?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I love that one. I get them all confused. Why are you loving? Because I love that?
Speaker 4: Jenny's always like, what's the song?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm interesting, Like you either cook or you bake.
Speaker 6: You could do both, but you're better at one, like right, and and people were either like in Sync or New Kids on the Block right or or Back Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, I also slept on New Kids on the Blocks faces, but like I wasn't really into BSB. Obviously I danced with A J. McLean, So just kidding.
Speaker 3: I love BSB. Cheryl, We love you, I love you.
Speaker 4: Surprises, m Do.
Speaker 1: You have any more trading cards?
Speaker 3: Can I buy them off you? I have some in my garage.
Speaker 4: You can have.
Speaker 3: I have a pack. Sorry to wait, don't eat the gum.
Speaker 2: Wait? How much Cheryl Burke? How much?
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Lessons, free dance, lesson during your time on Dancing with the Stars, I will coach you on the side. I will be your dance mom.
Speaker 3: Now that's actually juicy.
Speaker 1: Is it great? Now?
Speaker 3: That is a good offer.
Speaker 1: Oh, you always have season sixty five coming up?
Speaker 2: Wait what season is coming up?
Speaker 1: Thirty three? That's a good number, by the way, three three.
Speaker 7: Ooh.
Speaker 2: I don't like odd numbers.
Speaker 3: No, why that add them together?
Speaker 2: But this is the new me, so I like odd numbers.
Speaker 3: Your new yube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. Literally Okay, I'll stop fling.
Speaker 3: Love you guys, thank you, bye.
Speaker 4: And now we continue our holiday celebration with some additional surprises. Loraene, can you will you tell everyone the names of who's coming in.
Speaker 3: They're twin sisters, Dana and Diana. Hi, Hey, Hi, Hi guys.
Speaker 7: I didn't think you guys were going to be on it. I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, what do you mean why wouldn't we be.
Speaker 5: On You thought it was like some production person who was going to be screening everybody and then it would be like moving on to the real.
Speaker 2: Jan and I are the real deal.
Speaker 6: We're not like that, Like, yeah, that's like not doing like someone when you're acting with someone and not doing their like doing off camera for them when it's there, oh right, like leaving right, yeah, and someone we would never yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 7: We totally didn't think it was gonna be guys.
Speaker 5: And I saw you guys in Atlantic City for your show, and nobody wanted to go with me, so I went by myself.
Speaker 3: You came, but by yourself to a night to remember to see us. Yes, that is impressive.
Speaker 7: We went together.
Speaker 5: We went to nineties cond in Connecticut, the one we guys we saw that one.
Speaker 7: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So would you guys say you were super fans of the show or just fans.
Speaker 7: No, definitely super fans.
Speaker 5: I feel like my fanhood increased years later, Like I discovered it because we were in college already when you guys were doing the high school scenes episodes, and so we discovered it. Like I think I discovered it when I was in college, but it was like I didn't really discover it until I was out of college and then we caught up with the behind.
Speaker 7: The ones and then we've now watched the series so many times. Oh no, we have all the DVDs.
Speaker 5: Like everybody says, it doesn't have the rite music, but I can sometimes remember what song was actually played when.
Speaker 7: I listened to it.
Speaker 5: And I think we saw the Beach House as my brother and sister lived in California at the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am a picture in front of the beach house.
Speaker 3: He went on a little beach house. That's so fun to go down.
Speaker 7: In Manhattan Beach.
Speaker 5: So he goes, you're not gonna believe what's down here, and because he knew you love the show, so he took about. But this was back in the nineties, so it was when you guys were still like.
Speaker 3: On, all right, we've had it. We've had our picture taken in front of the beach house we have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you did an episode from there, right, we.
Speaker 2: Did, like Love the Angle? Can we go back and do it again?
Speaker 6: Sure, you guys were in college when we were doing the high school episodes.
Speaker 7: Because you guys started in ninety and I graduated college in ninety two.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, sorry, I'm I'm still stuck on the fact you guys are older than us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we are fifty three, way.
Speaker 2: Younger than me.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: I'm not speaking for Jet and for im.
Speaker 5: You've always been told that, and everyone said, Oh, when you get to a certain age, you're your age.
Speaker 7: Do I feel like I'm still younger? Yeah? Yeah, But what I feel like I've got all the filters, I've got all my zoom. I don't have any filters. I just have natural lights.
Speaker 2: Good for you guys, I'm impressed. Wait where do y'all live?
Speaker 5: I didn't clean in New York City and I met outside of Philadelphia and Newtown, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, no.
Speaker 5: But my husband and I always argue because he's a Saved by the Bell person. He's like five years younger than me, so he's just like generationally a little bit different than me. So he's like no way nine two O copied Saved by the Bell everything the Beach episodes, and.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, don't you want way better production value? But then we looked and Saved by the Bell did start in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: I mean so it started.
Speaker 6: I did copy a bit because I actually was on Saved by the Bell first, so they snagged me and took me away.
Speaker 5: But I think your guys production was way, like, way more advanced. I mean when I saw clips of that show, I'm like their lockers almost fell over when they slept them.
Speaker 7: It was like a total set.
Speaker 3: That was a multi Kim is Sick comy show. Right, they shot an audience, yeah a hour.
Speaker 7: Yes, Oh so it's a different whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's supposed to look more a little more heightened than comedy.
Speaker 3: But I've never heard that, Diana. Your what your husband said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's And I was arguing with the because he's like the Beach Club was a total copy of the Beach scenes, like they did this summer beach scenes at say I'm Saved by the Bell.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the only year, what's the year?
Speaker 3: What year we do it? What year did they do.
Speaker 5: Your first summer they did theirs, like the second season or whatever, and they started in eighty nine.
Speaker 2: What you are blowing my mind right now? Jen No, because we.
Speaker 7: Looked it up and I was like, oh my god, he's right.
Speaker 2: Feeling a little defensive, Jen Well, and he was.
Speaker 5: Like at all And a lot of the actors were on Saved by the Bell before they were on, because he said you Tory, and then he said Tiffany was on.
Speaker 7: She did say by the Bell first, But.
Speaker 5: I said, then that seems like logical that n was a better show because they moved on from Staved by the Bell and went to the better show to the better show.
Speaker 3: This is hard for me because I never watched one episode to say by the.
Speaker 2: Bell and you said you watched one.
Speaker 3: I was in the one you were in Actually just your parts?
Speaker 5: Well, wasn't Saved by the Bell? Also Saturday Morning. I mean, you can't compare like an evening show to a morning again.
Speaker 7: It's like a weekend show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell your husband, we say he is completely wrong. Yes.
Speaker 6: So AnyWho, what did you love about nine oh two and oh any questions for us?
Speaker 5: I so many questions about, well, you guys weren't in like the twin aspect with Branda, Brandon and Brenda.
Speaker 7: I felt like by the end, Brandon wasn't that cool of a twin, right, Well, he kind.
Speaker 1: Of sold her out.
Speaker 5: He didn't like defend when non believed her when they thought she cheated with that guy Randall whatever, Randolph the director guy. I felt like he should have even though it looked suspicious, he should have been like, that's my sister.
Speaker 7: Guy, she wouldn't do something like that.
Speaker 5: And then when she left to go to Minnesota, she was like, you really are my best friend? And he's like, I hope I always am.
Speaker 7: I'm like, what is that? I would have been like if you said that to me, I would have been like, aren't I your best friend?
Speaker 3: So you guys can have like a whole twin perspective, Yes, definitely, Now that you mentioned it, it makes sense. I feel like, yeah, Brandon wasn't the best twin. Maybe it's because they were different sexist, they weren't identical.
Speaker 5: So and I think she did get by the end, like her character got like could be annoying. She was very dramatic, so I think he was through with her by that point the character.
Speaker 7: So maybe that's why he was just like go to Minnesota, good time.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you guys love the show or you hate to love the show?
Speaker 5: No? No, I.
Speaker 7: Love the show. I love the show, but I do love like finding funny things about it.
Speaker 3: So do we we love we love ripping it apart. From time to time, those people will.
Speaker 7: Comment on the Instagram like do they not like the show? They're saying, but that's what I like.
Speaker 5: I like to I like it, but I also like to like call foul on, like like especially Brandon and Brenda being like they definitely seem like they were a couple of points like I'm like, I didn't have a but I have brothers and.
Speaker 7: We would never like put kiss each other like that, like we just don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had an interesting relationship for sure. But I loved I really loved the high school and the college. I don't know the Raiders years as well. I've seen those a couple.
Speaker 7: Times each, but I've seen and college ones like a bazillion time, so I know all those episodes really well.
Speaker 5: But the ones where you guys moved out of college and you guys did you had your own storylines, I didn't.
Speaker 7: Like as much. What season is that that season eight. Look when Dylan comes back.
Speaker 2: I love those don't tell us we don't remember.
Speaker 7: Oh I love those don't comes back yet? Well because then they get back because we're Kelly Dylan people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I when you came, when he came back and they kind of got you guys slowly together. I loved and I really like the ones you're in now. I cannot stand the Valorie character. She is like in the podcast that you guys are rewatching, I like think she's terrible. She's a terrible character, Like he's so mean to everybody, and I don't understand really why. Even later they give some backstory about that, but it's not good enough for me.
Speaker 7: I'm like, who this woman? And we skipped ahead and we're watching.
Speaker 5: The ones junior year of college and Tory, she's so mean to your character. I Am like, why does your character even hawks are oh so that character? I a lot of people on the Instagram like I didn't like that character at all.
Speaker 3: It's a love hate. It's a love hate because the show we were just talking about, the show needs like a bad girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you need the bad She.
Speaker 5: Didn't really make sense, Like I didn't get her motivation. I guess like I didn't get why she did some of the stuff she did.
Speaker 7: She'd say, I want these guys to be my friends, and then she'd like screw them over, and it was like, that's so't where she's coming from.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, well, we're just we just are watching now. She lives in the Walsh House, so we're just watching those episodes. Tori loves her bad Girl, and I just am kind of a little bit more like, yeah, so on.
Speaker 5: The podcast, you're always saying you love it, like when she does these mean things.
Speaker 6: I liked the Dylan Valerie stuff. I thought the sorry the relationship, it wasn't sustainable, but I think it's hot, right.
Speaker 7: But I feel like she goes for people's leftovers. I feel like it continues throughout the the.
Speaker 3: Time she's here. But you did say she takes all our men at some point, and.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's when they're in a down and out worse position than they were with you guys. So I'm like, it's not like the person looks better, they're actually seem worse.
Speaker 7: For these games.
Speaker 6: Wait, I send you that picture. I feel like Darren Martin sent me a picture. It was in like Mad magazine or something, and it's a picture of her with a rifle and like all of our men as like deer heads on trophies, like on the walls and more.
Speaker 2: Likely like in the back. That's dated because people wouldn't do that now.
Speaker 5: But do you guys feel like the further the show went on, they the writers more voted for you guys, like for Jenny and Tory, like your personalities or no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, yeah, they sort of wrote to our strengths.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I feel like you got really strong, like much stronger than the high school and early college years.
Speaker 2: And they definitely weren't writing towards the real me, but cool may mean.
Speaker 3: Later it was aspirational writing for you.
Speaker 2: It was there you go, there you go.
Speaker 5: I feel about way toward you, like in my real life, I do. I could feel if you were all on the.
Speaker 7: Set feeling like you don't want people to hate you, so you're.
Speaker 5: Sort of trying to be the path at least resistant sort of thing. I could see that, Especially at that young age, I could feel that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, definitely, Like my humor came into it more and when I got more comfortable and they wrote towards.
Speaker 5: Them, Yeah, is b H and I know two and where we're going to come back? Do you need like a wealthy investor.
Speaker 7: One? If I did, I'd let you know.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 7: I thought it was very interesting as a reboot to not do it. The stay is always kind of there's not much more you can do with it. So I really liked it.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It was more fun for us, I think, than and more appealing to all of the actors to go back and do something different rather than going back to the same characters. But everybody really really wants that the characters like to get back together in a reboot, and we never really answered that. I mean, I can't imagine doing that, but I think if everyone else was doing it, I would be like, well, I have to do it.
Speaker 2: Because somo right, you can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a question.
Speaker 2: I have a question for Jen. Sorry on this topic, Jen, don't you sorry?
Speaker 3: You're not our special guest. You can't ask me a question.
Speaker 6: No, because we haven't actually talked about this part. So being that it was so meta and you know, we took a shot. We it was something we thought was really cool and we wanted to We'd rather have taken a shot and be creative and you know, groundbreaking than not have done it. But anyway, it was ahead of its time because I feel like now, like that was in twenty nineteen, now people are getting to know more and more about the real people because now that you know, things are transitioning that actors are kind of interacting more with the public and social media and they're really coming out of their shelves and speaking like this is who I am and showing like all words.
Speaker 2: And all sorry, you know, and people like that.
Speaker 6: I feel like if the audience had stuck with it, they would have understood that what we were trying to show is life imitates art, art imitates life. We're kind of a blur of each other, of our characters and the real us, and they would have seen that. But we didn't get to that point. And now like you're seeing like you know, like Brian has his podcast and like you could see the real hymn and it's like so cool to be like, oh, I see what they were going for there, Like things like that.
Speaker 5: It was like ahead of its time. It was like if it came a couple of years later, maybe story of events, but that was.
Speaker 7: Our show, Tori, didn't you do a show like kind of after Nino to a No. That was a little meta too, like it was your life but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but that was sort of ahead of it.
Speaker 2: It was a few years too early.
Speaker 5: People didn't like get it. They were like, I don't get it. Is this really her real life? Or is this a version of her real life?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 5: But to me, I think it's more interesting than the actual Just the reboot is kind of boring and it's a little sad.
Speaker 7: It's like, are they still hanging at the page thirty years they watched the nine o two one. I pretend like that never happened, because like, you had a kid, like j was on it, but I don't like what you were on a couple of pisodes. Yeah, you and David got divorced.
Speaker 6: You had this kid and he was in Japan, and it was like, sad, take go back together, like it would have worked out if.
Speaker 7: She's yeah, right, getting back together?
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I don't know what those writers were doing with that, with with our characters, Like right now that I look back on that and think we shouldn't have done I shouldn't have been up. I don't know. I didn't. I didn't like what they did with our characters. They had no right to do that to our characters, but we allowed it happened because we said the words.
Speaker 7: We were on the actually your the one who played your mother.
Speaker 5: They made her like reclaps and all this crazy stuff I think to get your sister into your house or whatever.
Speaker 7: But it was like, not cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Jackie got better. Come on, guys, Jackie. Yeah, and then they killed her. I think they killed her.
Speaker 7: Answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's messed up that.
Speaker 6: You guys taken us down in so many ways today, Like I I am not okay after this episode, I'm messing with you.
Speaker 2: I'm messing with you. We're just like, oh yeah, oh yeah, let's on a high note.
Speaker 7: What do you ask what your favorite season was so far that you've watched?
Speaker 3: Oh, so far, Well, if.
Speaker 7: You remember the other ones, you can throw them into.
Speaker 3: My favorite season was the first season. I really liked the first I don't know, I just liked it somehow, innocent in its storytelling and and just the way it delivered messages. And then you know, by season five we're seeing a lot of where it went, and I don't know, the first season just felt so true and authentic.
Speaker 5: It wasn't as sop and it was like standalone episode so that they were all connected.
Speaker 7: Right right.
Speaker 6: Came into this experience with the podcast remembering that season five was my favorite, but I think in general it.
Speaker 2: Was just the college years, because we're way.
Speaker 6: Into season five now and I'm like, I don't know for there yet, So maybe it's the latter part of season five.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's season six. I'm just not sure. When do I work at a radio station when i'm the weather girl? What seasons that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: That season seven? No, that's your that's your sophomore. That's your junior year at the junior year, right, Okay, it might be senior year. I think it might be senior in your college. That's season seven, Dana.
Speaker 3: You like the college years, which was your.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: I like the college years, probably because you guys were in the college.
Speaker 7: Yes, we were in college.
Speaker 5: Watching the high school ones when we were in college. Was when we were out of college. We watched your college once, so you.
Speaker 7: Right a little bit older. But I think I like the freshman college year the best.
Speaker 5: So season five, no, season four, because you guys only did three years of high school. Oh, you're right, but you guys started as juniors. The first year you say you're juniors, and then the next year you're juniors again.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: I guess your dad must have realized, like, hey, we can't make them this year, so let's just like you know, no one will notice, because I believe a friend of mine said no, they started as juniors, and I was like, no, they started as sophomores. And then the pilot episode, Randa when he's dating that older guy says, I'm a I'm a juniors Bemberlin.
Speaker 6: I'm like, well, I mean, David Silver was what a freshman a sophomore, and then he just skipped a year or two.
Speaker 7: He takes a couple of classes over the summer.
Speaker 2: Come.
Speaker 5: I think my very first episode I saw with the diapel one with your friend like he was supposed to be Kelly's friend from high school and she brings her to the.
Speaker 7: Don't tell me, I don't know that happened. Freshman. You're you're like your first season, that happened, that happened.
Speaker 3: You're like sleepover, sleep sleepover?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: When you talk about you like all your experiences or whatever.
Speaker 2: He didn't even put down a blanket.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was. You know, it's funny tour you. You always say he didn't even put down a blanket, like don't you. Yeah, you always say that, like that's the line of mine that you remember the most. The line of yours that I remember the most isn't even from nine oh two and oh and I say it all the time. It's from Mystery Girls when you said lay it on me, well, not on me next to me? I don't know. That is my favorite line. So whenever somebody's got about to tell me something or give me instructions, I'm like, lay it on me, well, not on me next to me? Nobody gets it from me.
Speaker 6: That is sheer brilliance because we're kind of like saying similar things like he didn't even put down a blanket, lay it in me?
Speaker 2: Well not in me next time, like it's not you oh what oo?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh m G.
Speaker 2: That's go yeah right now, are.
Speaker 5: Your One of my favorite lines of yours is when you say it's brains and you like spit it out.
Speaker 7: You look it up and you're like, it's brain.
Speaker 5: No, And I don't know why I like, but it's kind of a throwaway line when Don when David's dad starts dating Kelly's mom, and you guys are laying out by the beach club and you Kelly says like, I can't believe that.
Speaker 7: Can you believe he's going a day.
Speaker 3: With with his dad?
Speaker 7: And then Tory says, just because it's dad, just because David's a geek, doesn't mean.
Speaker 3: His dad is.
Speaker 5: But you kind of you're putting on like los you kind of like throw it away the line do you remember remember that?
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 2: Wasn't there goggles in that scene or something?
Speaker 7: And you had the cue?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you had the cupe bikkini, the yellow he had like with the flowers flowers, Yeah, yeah, yes, you did have like some kind of so you guys say, the cast always quotes Emily Valentine, and so do we.
Speaker 3: But she's like, don't go on, Matt, go away, Matt, just go away. Were the only ones? Oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Real people do it too, because and she has like guns has likely up on the car and.
Speaker 7: Goes just go away, and we always.
Speaker 2: That's plowing my mind on so many levels today.
Speaker 3: See I believe that they are super fans.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, At first I was questioning it because we see a look in people's eyes, so I was like, yeah, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Most people are like drum like, oh yeah it comes up when I have all the DVDs.
Speaker 3: Oh it stands at the time, you guys, Yeah.
Speaker 7: It totally does. We literally watch it.
Speaker 3: We're fans of it now like we never got to watch it and now doing the podcast, we're watching O. We love it. I for one am a fan of the show.
Speaker 7: I do feel like you guys tackled a lot of issues, like back now people do.
Speaker 5: It all the time, but like back then, no one really did and they were like hard to talk about stuff.
Speaker 7: So I do think it was like definitely had of its time with that and the parents after.
Speaker 2: Got it just desserts.
Speaker 6: No, no, I mean it's fact that nine, O, two and O. I mean, I believe Jen, correct me if I'm wrong. We were nominated for a Golong Globe once or maybe Jason was didn't get it, but we did get a People's Choice Award, but that was it. Like it's interesting, like we were never nominated for the Emmys.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 5: It was considered a drama though, right well, I think thought it was like a kid's show.
Speaker 7: They kind of equated it with kids, so they just thought.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, yeah, too closely related to answer that, but it is. Yeah, it's interesting that back then it wasn't done Like I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I feel like it just missed, like it was just a little too soon, too early. They were too people weren't ready.
Speaker 7: Like Toy said, how are your times all the time? The story of your lives?
Speaker 5: But did you ever get like a script the way they're taking your careactern away? You didn't really like that they were taking it. Could you say, why are you making me on cocaine? Why are you making on drugs?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean there was points where I was like, Okay, are you sure this is a good idea? I don't know, but I was never allowed to like dictate where my character went right then.
Speaker 5: No, And could you guys ever say like I don't want to wear that some outfits? Yeah, not that they were revealing, but they were just hideous.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, I said that a lot. You did say that, Yeah, I'm not wearing that. This has been so fun chatting with you guys, and we really appreciate you coming on our Christmas episode. Because it just feels good to connect with the fans of the show. And we can tell you guys really loved it and.
Speaker 7: We appreciate you guys podcast. We love it and we literally quote like anything that they're like.
Speaker 3: That, Oh my god, I love this.
Speaker 2: And you know what was really fun.
Speaker 6: It was unexpected, like it was great you challenged us like we've been asking a lot of questions over the years and.
Speaker 3: No, because they have burning questions like great, but it was.
Speaker 2: Exciting actually, like it made us go wait, no, think and be like great.
Speaker 3: Love that. Well, happy happy twenty twenty four. Yes, yeah too, We'll see ya on thank you on the show. Yeah, bye, bye bye. Well, this has been a really fun holiday episode, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. We found out so much today.
Speaker 6: About so apparently we copied say bye the bell, right, there was Anits were hideous, hideous.
Speaker 3: And but you know what, I love their honesty.
Speaker 6: That's I had so much fun with them now, right because sometimes you know, people are nervous to tell us the truth.
Speaker 3: We want the truth. Let's do this. Let's make this our our our of what's it called a resolution? Go into the new year with an honest Uh vocabulary with people. Be honest with them. See what happens?
Speaker 2: Oh drinking that in?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Let us settle to be honest with us.
Speaker 3: Yes yeah, oh. Happy New Year everybody. Hope you all had a great holiday and we will see you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.