Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Ten, Little ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of night Cap. Oh Joe, we finally got an interesting game in the Western Conference Finals. Unfortunately, if you're a Wolves fan, it did not go in your favor. It did not end in your favor as OKC build an eleven point lead and they hold on to win one eight to one, twenty six as they go home with a commanding three to one lead and they can end this thing on Wednesday night and advance to the Western and advance to the NBA Finals for the first time since twenty twelve. Wow, Chat Holger and Jaylen Williams and Chat Holger, They're Big three. Was sensational tonight. They gave him a combined ninety five points. Again, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite. On Shut and Sharp, my partner and co host Liberty Citi's own Bengal Ring of Fame honoree pro Bowler All Pro. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. We're going to be joined a little later by Larry Johnson. Grandmama. Uh. He's having technical difficulties right now. So while he tries to reconnect. OCHO and I is gonna go ahead and start the show anyway. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support. We realize that nothing happens without you, your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth telling people you guys need to check out Unk and ojo own Nightcap. We greatly greatly appreciate that words cannot express fully how we feel about you, guys, so thank you again very much for making this possible. Please make sure you check out shave by Laportier. If you can't find it any city or state near you, trust and believe we're coming to a city or state in near youth. But if you can't find it in the meantime, just order it online. Will ship it directly to your door. The best tasting vsop Kangnac on the market. We've beaten all the big boys. Try it. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Check out my media company page on all of its platform Shay Shape Media and My Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out the linco Is pen in the Chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours wild supplies. Last, Also, we want to say Happy Memorial Day to all the men and women domestically and abroad that serve and protect this country. Thank you to all the men and women that have served and gave the ultimate sacrifice to their families.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, if you're watching, thank.
Speaker 2: You because you make it easy for the people that do not serve to rest easy knowing that we're protected both here and a brawl. So thank you very much for your service and Happy Memorial though hopefully you are. You enjoyed it, you were safe, you didn't need too much. But now we get to the ball game. The Thunder beat the t Woods Oh Show three to take a three to one series lead. Shake Gil Just Alexander had a career playoff high forty points, nine rebounds, ten assists.
Speaker 3: He's Almo.
Speaker 2: He almost had a trip dub, flirt flirted the ride and almost got a trip dub. The fourth player in WNBA history of the forty five to ten game in the Western Conference Finals Julius Randall. In Game four, he was as bit abysmal as he was in Game two. Five turnovers, one bucket. T Woods led the game in rebounds, assists, points off, turnover, fast break points, points in the paint, second chance point, free throw attempts, free throw make, field goal percentage, three point percentage, free throw percentage, everything.
Speaker 4: Listen, they lost everything cross across the board.
Speaker 2: Man, what I don't understand? What I don't understand? And I need somebody to help me understand. That's more knowledgeable about the game of basketball.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me a man, You guys got a chance to tie this thing up. If you don't tie up, you go down three to one, and the likelihood that you're coming back and winning three straight games with two of them being in OKC is not very good. And you have two shot attempts at the half, Yeah, Jewish Ramler, you have four shot attempts at the half. The one thing I can say about shake YOJ justs Alexander and the postseason. He has not been official, but he don't give a damn about efficiency. He's gonna get shots up because the worst thing you can do is not shoot the basketball.
Speaker 3: But that way you're not gonna get any points.
Speaker 2: Shade's like, you know what, the worst thing that could happen, there's three things that could happen. I can make it, I can miss it. They can file me. Those are three things that could happen. Yeah, And he had thirty shot attempts tonight he only had he had forty points, but he got to the line fourteen times. You gonna look at Jalen Williams, he had twenty four shot attempts. You look at Ched Hogren, he had fourteen shot attempts. Those three, they're big three combined for ninety five points. Yeah, add Man sixteen points on five or thirteen. Julius Randall five points on one to seven or three from the three point line. Mike Conley six points. So, in other words, twenty two you got two starters, three starters, excuse me, and they gave you twenty seven points, and you expect to win a beat that team, a team that won sixty eight games. Now, the bench players, nos Reed, Devin Chenzo, Nikill, Alexander Walker, they were the best players tonight. Jayson Daniels played really well, not to fifteen from the four, three or six, but I don't know why aunt Man and Julius Render took the approach that they took the first half.
Speaker 5: Hey, I have no idea, especially with the gate. To me, it's two to one. The game is on the line, the series is on the line. The fact series on the line. Well, the fact that you have four points, you have five shots. Knowing that Anthony Edwards, you have to be aggressive. You got to you got to come. You got to come out the same way you came out the previous game where you guys won. You aggressive, You attack and listen, what did Anthony finished with sixteen points?
Speaker 3: Five turnovers? Three?
Speaker 5: Not in the game of this magnitude. Not the game of this magnitude. And this I understand. They made it very difficult. They made it very, very difficult. The son that made it very difficult defensively, so with what was happening. As soon as Anthony got the ball, most of the time they trapped he passed it out, then they get it right back to him.
Speaker 4: Then it was it was one and one. From that point, you wait for your scoo.
Speaker 2: They trapped Lebron, they trapped Kobe, they trapped Jordan, they trapped steph they trapped KD. They trapped. If he is what he said it is. He said he's the best player in basketball. I don't want to hear noth about no traps. I don't make no excuses. You had two shots, Yeah, two shots.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me you that defense is that good that they'll only allow you two shot attempts? Yeah, juis round. You mean to tell me their defense is that's suffocating. They're only going to allow you four shot attempts in the first half. You two, the two players on the timber Wolves got six shot of Timpsojo nah man, I can't rock with that.
Speaker 5: The funny thing about it is, listen, it was fourteen and fourteen different fourteen different league lead changes, right, Yeah, came down to the end of the game.
Speaker 4: The game was the game was then reach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the game was in reach for the Wolves, obviously, but execution down down the stretch, especially over the last two minutes where it came down to it, they didn't deliver.
Speaker 2: You got sixty four points from your Benchjojo. I mean when you look at it, you look at Shanon Junior, he gave you a two or three, one or two from the free throw line. Alexander Walker nine to fifteen to five of eight from the three point line. That's twenty three points. Deevin Cimzos seven of eleven, five of eight, two or two from the free throw line, twenty one nas red three or four one or two four four from the free throw line.
Speaker 3: That's eleven.
Speaker 2: So you got sixty four points from your bitch. You got sixty two from your starters. I'm confused. Hey, I think that's what Why thirty let's see thirty three, thirty two, Yeah, thirty two, fifty five and nine and sixty four. You have one hundred. You had one hundred and twenty six. That's unacceptable, Joe, I just I wish I could tell you something better. Thirty five one, fifty one, fifty seven, sixty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, listen, I obviously I picked the Wolves. I picked the Wolves to win this series.
Speaker 5: Actually, I had picked the Wolves to actually make it to the finals. Obviously with my love and enthusiasm for Anthony Edwards as a player in the individual and what he brings to the game, and thinking, well, meet you know him being obviously to face the NBA because he has that factor that most most players don't have to be that but watching this OKC team tonight and what I've come to learn in my short time and join the game of basketball.
Speaker 4: The Thunder is the most complete team in the league.
Speaker 5: And the scary part about them, based on what I've seen and eyewitnessed, They're only gonna get better. They're only gonna get better after this championship run. They have a great chance to obvialy.
Speaker 3: Well, how you're gonna keep it together?
Speaker 4: That That's what I'm gonna say. They got the MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he' about to sign He's about to sign a four year deal for two ninety four. Were he could wait the next year to sign a five year deal for three eighty knowing kat home rings about to come up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but knowing Sca with as much as he has going on off the court, I say he signed that four year to be able to keep keep everybody together.
Speaker 2: No, you're not, still not, because what you're gonna do with yet next year? That's a small market team, ojo. Yeah, that's not New York, that's not LA, that's not Chicago, that's Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jaylen Williams, all them role players, all the role.
Speaker 5: Players that you got, they're gonna like, Hey, hold on, I got a question for you now about this. These role players, right, the Glue guys and they have the MVP got a legit second option.
Speaker 3: Jala Walliams plays centation. He was second notion.
Speaker 4: You got two elite bigs. You know, I hate you worthy elite.
Speaker 5: But based on the way they god damn played, I'm just gonna say leap for the sake of the argument. Then you have the the Glue lives and the role players. Do they want to leave understanding what you have? If you guys stay together, I want.
Speaker 2: Money, Oh you I can't eat them rings. So you mean to tell me I can go somewhere and make five to twenty million or I want to stay here to make three to six million.
Speaker 5: And it's it's who all is up? We know SGA gotta get paid. Chit has to get paid next year, right this Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is this is chet third year. Yeah, because remember he missed his first year. He came back last year. This is third year. So I think probably maybe they can do something this summer, or they wait the next summer, whichever case.
Speaker 3: I think they just did something with Jayala Williams.
Speaker 5: So he's said, he's like, uh huh, Hey, they listen.
Speaker 3: I think they did something with Caruso.
Speaker 5: Also, you under the well, you know, But for me, do you know how good this team actually is?
Speaker 3: Young? But that's what you do if you keep if you keep this together.
Speaker 4: Let's say they might they probably will win the title.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 5: I love the Pacers. The Pacers probably gonna win that series against the Necks. But there's no way the Pacers beat the Okayce team we just saw the night. They're too complete. Not only that, not only the starters, even the bench. Yeah, I hate, I hate that money comes into play because when money comes to the play, and that's I know, you want to get paid, you want to get paid for it. But like you said, you can't eat them rings, but you can get you can get you another two with the squad you got right now.
Speaker 2: You rather have another two rings or one hundred million, make it sixty sixty million, because you're talking about got the rings only going to impact Shade home Run Jalen Williams. When you get the role players on your rings don't impact nobody. I mean, they're nice to have their nice conversation pieces, but you know, only the rings only matter to the elite because of rings actually matter. Robert Rory be in the Hall of Fame. He got seven, and he was a contributor, big contributor on all the teams. He go back and look the two in Houston. You go back and look at the what he have three in the LA and then the two in San Antonio. He was a major, major contributor. He was contributing more as equal, if not more than any role player that's playing in.
Speaker 3: The fight, that's playing currently. And he did it.
Speaker 2: He hit big shots, play big and big moments and all three stops. Now we know Superstar got seven rings. We talked about he pantheon, So I think that's the I just I'm shocked. I'm watching this game and I'm like a bro that you you a make something happen. Yeah, I know, I know, Ojo, you want to do the right thing. But six assists with five turnovers isn't the right thing. Now, if you tell me you have twelve assists, thirteen fourteen sists and five turnovers, I can live with that.
Speaker 3: But I can't live you got to go down. I'm swinging. I'm empty.
Speaker 2: The clip got to I'm empty. Whatever it is, the whole nine yards, that's the term they use because I guess they had nine yards of bullet and they say they give them the whole nine yards.
Speaker 3: You know, those spring up belief that on that only yet.
Speaker 5: As close as as close as the game was towards the end, I really think there would be a difference. I think there would have been differs in the game in the second half if there was a little bit more production offensively from me, yeah, from manager it definitely, it definitely would have been a huge difference.
Speaker 2: They were six, they were six. Julius Randall and ant Man was six or twenty from the floor. There was one of ten from the three. Let me repeat that they were six or twenty from the floor. They were one for ten from the three. Now you go back and look at the games in which they've lost. Look at ants three point field goal percentage. I think he was one for six, one for seven in the one game. He was one for nine in the second game. In the second game, he was one for seven in this game. Look at Jewish Ramden games two, he was awful. He didn't even play the fourth quarter. Game three, he came back with Avenger. He had aunt. Game four, he was terrible again. That's two games. Fifty percent of the games that he's played in he's had single digit points. He's your second best player. That's that you can't have. You the mere fact that the game was disclose when your second best player gave you five and your best player shot five or thirteen and one of seven from the three point line and had gave you sixteen, the mere fact that you're in the ball game. Let you know how well the others played. I need my big dogs to eat. And Alexander Walker, Deevin Chims Old nos.
Speaker 4: Reed, Alexander Walker was showing out to night Jane Daniels.
Speaker 3: They played better than the two big guys. You can't have. It's hard.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying this impossible, but it's really hard if your two best players play as poorly as Julius Randoland and Man played, and your role players play that play that good because they played sensational. Like I said, you got you got sixty four points from your from your bitch. Do you know how many boys that is sixty four from your bitch?
Speaker 4: Damn man, theyig.
Speaker 2: Gonna be kicking themselves, don't you know, because this is the one that got away.
Speaker 4: Hold On, hold on, what's the chances.
Speaker 2: Statistically, they ain't got a hell billy heartbeat. That's the chance. You got a better chance of winning the lottery in Miami. If you fly to California, and if you go to another state they got to make a million of powerball. You got a better chance of hitting one of the three then them coming back and winning three games against that team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God damn.
Speaker 4: Hey Alexander, welcome boy.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 4: He was sensation of the night. He was nice.
Speaker 2: How many minutes did Jewish run to play in the fourth quarter? I mean, my second best player. Now, I didn't play him in the fourth quarter in the game too, that's my second best player. I mean, imagine, don't show your second best receiver and he don't play the fourth quarter, your second best hitter, you subed him out in baseball, you pinch it for him.
Speaker 3: That's your second best hitter.
Speaker 4: Hey, what what? Why was that?
Speaker 3: It was awful?
Speaker 4: Game out of reach at that point?
Speaker 3: No, the game wasn't not of reach. He was awful.
Speaker 2: I didn't get somebody, and that's gonna give me some production. Julius Randol didn't play well. I'm not breaking news. I'm not interrupting you. Normal we got a service announcement, but we got a Megan alert. I'm not breaking news to anybody. If you watch the game, he played terrible.
Speaker 4: Hey, when do you ever make that move as a coach? Though, just curious. You got you got your two big guns, you got your two best players.
Speaker 3: He's made it twice.
Speaker 5: Hypothetically speaking, I'm gonna just go with Shaq and Kobe. Kobobe's having a bad night and Shack is all having an off night. Since when do you been to someone like Shack. I'm not comparing Julie runners Shock. I'm just using that for comparison to give get better context for me, to give me a better understanding.
Speaker 4: How do you binge the second?
Speaker 2: First of all, ain't gonna go down shooting no seven shots. That's not going to happen. Second of all, you getting shot the ball. If they filed him, they file it and he shoots thirty three throw attempts, but you find a way to get in the ball.
Speaker 3: Chris Finch has already made the decision.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a problem putting sending Julius Ass on the bench come fourth quarter. He did it in Game two. He played four minutes and he had as many turnovers as points. He had seven shot attempts. He had five points, five turnovers in a game of this magnitude. Yeah, yeah, listen, I'm just curious. I'm just curious where Hey like, I'm just thinking about it.
Speaker 5: Right, football turns me and TJ and who's just having a bad game. Well, we don't take, you know, we as a head coach Mark Lewis isn't taking who shout. We find ways to get him the ball, to get himself in rhythm, even if he's having a bag game.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, basketball to.
Speaker 5: Me would be a little bit easier to do in excuse me, you know, Okay, God damn if I'm finched, Okay, Julius having a bad game, let's let's let's let's make up some.
Speaker 3: I can't make him have a better game if he won't shoot the damn ball.
Speaker 2: Ah, I give it. Prime example, you remember that playoff game? How many balls did Ko drop before he caught the game winner? You remember that game in San Francisco gainst Green Bay and the Packers. The Packers see say, see what I mean? Sam Snap going to you right right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 5: And obviously and hold on Okay, see playing that motherfucker defense too. Now, they ain't make it, they ain't make it easy.
Speaker 3: Well, how you gonna be facing the mbing when you say the man can be facing the NBA.
Speaker 4: We was talked a by Julius. We was talked about Julius.
Speaker 2: Well, and man wasn't much better. Hey, but I'm saying Julius is your second best player. I think Julius is going to the All Star Game. He's been an All Star. He's been since sat Outside of Games two and four in the Western Conference Finals, Julius Randolds has been sensational. You know, he's a three time Allstar. Excuse me. We saw what he did against the Lakers. We saw what he did the next round against a Golden State. We saw what he did. He played really good game in game one. He played sensational in game three, I mean game four. Excuse me, A game of this magnitude where your role players give you what they gave you. Your big guys can't come up small. They just can't. You can't. I got twenty two from Jay and Daniels, I got twenty one from de Vincenzo. I got twenty three from the So you mean to tell me. Of all the guys that played, Julius Randalls scored the fuse points of all the guys that played, and he played more minutes Thannas he played the same amount of minutes. Uh as de Vincenzo Alexander Walker played. As a matter of fact, Shannon played eight minutes and had more points than he had and he only played eight minutes.
Speaker 4: Hey, they got Alexander locked up. Huh, Alexander, here's the role he comes off the bench.
Speaker 2: I mean because if you put him in Mike Conley, Mike Conley again, Bro, this this six and two and zero ports ain't gonna cut it.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: The only guys that's consistently playing are Jane Daniels. McDaniels. That played really well against the Lakers. He played great in the last series, that great game. I just need my big guns to go off. Got to show up. They got too.
Speaker 3: This is my mean.
Speaker 2: I guess they don't have big enough names to get ab hype because I saw it. I saw what I saw what he did against Yo Kitchen Mr last year. I saw what he did against Katie and Booked. I saw what he did against Luke and Lebron. I saw what he did, even though Steph went out, Jimmy Butler and Dramond, what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's really going on?
Speaker 2: And I'm not trying to minimize it, but hey, so Jordan's never faced great defensive Lebron has never faced great defenses, Kobe's never faced great defenses. Lad Bird never pay faced great defenses. All the great all the greats have, all the greats have.
Speaker 3: That's what makes him great. Hell if everybody went against the Washington generals, Hell, how do we know who's great?
Speaker 4: But you're saying the series is over.
Speaker 2: In the words of Lucid Van Joss, it's over. Now, it's over. They know it, they know it. Hey, three one against that team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, ye, I'm listen, I know. I just I'm mad. I lost one hundred dollars. The joke, dang, hey, that was It was a good ass game, though.
Speaker 2: The chance said, when are we gonna give ad mad that Jason Tatum treatment?
Speaker 4: Oh whoa whoa?
Speaker 2: Jason Tatum is with the exception of this year, has been in the conference finals down there his whole career. Is there a time that Jason Tatum didn't make the conference finals except this year?
Speaker 3: With exception of this year, he's probably been to five or six.
Speaker 4: Well you see what remember his rookie year, they.
Speaker 2: Was battling with Cleveland Cavaliers in the finals. He's probably been the five Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 4: Well you see that team? Do you see that team? Jason Tatum surrounded by.
Speaker 2: They wasn't always like that and he found a way to get to the Eastern Conference Finals and they got out. You remember they got to the Eastern Conference Finals and they didn't have a persingers when they lost to the Golden State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't have holiday.
Speaker 4: They had they had brother Brown. Yeah, brother, they had brother Tatum.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, they was in the finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they lost to Lebron them remember Lebron in Game seven? Lebron had that historic game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But your two best players, whether you say Julius Randall is the ant man or the equivalent of Tatum and Brown. The problem that I have is that I can't deal with seven and thirteen shots between the.
Speaker 3: Two of them. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't deal with twenty shots between the two guys.
Speaker 2: When Shade got for thirty by himself, Jaylen Williams got twenty four chat Holgeren had fourteen.
Speaker 3: Stop turning the ball over you limited you know.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank god, damn sha man. That boy got a toolbox on him.
Speaker 3: Boy, I mean, oh yeah, that's matches. You can't stop it.
Speaker 2: Got a tool j Williams had his best game of the series. He dropped a cool thirty four like it like it ain't nothing.
Speaker 3: Chat play great, have a big time block. I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: Minnesota would have won the series, but at least don't you be the reason why Blake couldn't say a man look at that man gave thirty at night, gave him thirty five a night.
Speaker 4: You got to be the reason. You got to be the reason why your team always have.
Speaker 3: A chance always.
Speaker 2: But the sixty eight win OKC thunder one went away, advancing to the first finals since twenty twelve when they had the KD Russ, Russ, Harden, Harden Inserge Obaca and my colleague big perk so OKC one twenty eight. Minnesota won twenty six. They got forty points from Shay Gilgers. He's one rebound short of a triple double. Jaylen Williams gave him thirty four. Chet Honkin gave him twenty one, and Caruso gave him thirty three big points off the bench.
Speaker 3: They played really well and.
Speaker 2: They'll one went away from advancing to the Western excuse me, to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: They're in the Western Conference Final now, Pop Freido. Joe Tyrese.
Speaker 2: Halliburton's father John will be allowed to attend Pacers home game, but he will not be court side. He will be in a suite. Beginning Tuesday, Game four against the Knicks. John Halliburton missed eight games following his confrontation with Joannis on April twenty nine.
Speaker 3: You see what they got superstitious.
Speaker 2: So Joe, Yeah, I guarantee you if they had won Game three, they wouldn't let him, They wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Freedi.
Speaker 4: No, you might as well.
Speaker 5: You learn, You learn your lessons, especially something like you want to you want to be there for those moments.
Speaker 4: You want to be there for those moments.
Speaker 5: I'm sure ha Leburton obviously has something to do with it as well, the fact that he can't sit courtside.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna feel the same. It's different being in them sweets.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't frequent basketball games.
Speaker 4: But if I'm I got to be on the wood.
Speaker 5: I got the wood so I can experience it and and and get the that authentic feel of it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I mean it's probably a lot easier to see uh in an arena, see.
Speaker 3: The sweets, especially if you know where your sweet's located.
Speaker 2: Uh, because I you know what I I than Baltimore had a sweet and I was in Baltimore, and I can look up there and see my kids and see my mom and my sister and stuff.
Speaker 3: My homeboys that would come.
Speaker 2: But it's different, you know, It's different than my homeboys being on the sideline. And you know, I can come out the field and dap them up when I do something good and so forth.
Speaker 3: It's all they could dap. You know. Yeah, it was. But I'm glad. I'm glad, Like I said, I think.
Speaker 2: Look, look, he got caught up in the emotion of it, though, Joe, He's just so excited for his son. It's just something between Milwaukee and Indiana that brings out the best in Indiana, brings out the best in tire Reeces. And his dad got caught up in it, made a mistake and he's back, hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it pays off. But like you said, it's not being in a suite and being courtzized an entirely two different things, being in a suite or being on the stands and being on the field.
Speaker 3: There's a reason why before the game all them clebs on the field. It's the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different, but uh, congratulations John Halliburton. You're back in the building, not where you normally would be. But hey it's a start. Baby steps, baby steps, so your baby steps. The Milwaukee Bucks are reportedly hoping that the presidence of Doc Rivers will make Jiannis utter to Kunpo more likely to stay in Milwaukee. Per Mark Stein's the Bucks are hoping that the presidence of Doc as a coach can provide some sort of boost, and the Kompoy and Rivers are believed to have a strong working relationship.
Speaker 4: You know he's not staying. I mean what would be doing?
Speaker 2: So he had a terrible So Jason Kidds gone, Mike Bodenholder is gone.
Speaker 3: Who won?
Speaker 2: He was there when he got them two MVP's and they got a finals MVP that won a championship. Adrian Griffin was fired after going forty what forty one and thirteen dot Doc. So I'm just trying to figure out and I'm just trying to figure out how what am I missing?
Speaker 3: What? What? What? What? What is it? What is it that they see that we don't listen?
Speaker 5: The man doesn't want to be there, I'm not sure. I'm not sure what why they're obviously gonna I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, Joe.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he doesn't want to be there, or if he doesn't believe that they can win there.
Speaker 3: He can win there.
Speaker 5: You're not going to be able to There's nothing you're gonna be able to do. Bringing in Doc Rivers isn't gonna get you a chance at contention for a troupe.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be able to get you any more players because you can't sign anything and you want to stay out of that second aprin bing go.
Speaker 4: So that mean that goes without saying I don't know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 2: You traded Holiday because you traded the Holiday and gave up draft picks to get Dame and Dames.
Speaker 4: You know, Dame is out.
Speaker 3: Dame is out.
Speaker 5: I think maybe his decision making would be a little different if Dame wasn't hurt.
Speaker 3: No, you don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, because they didn't get to these two conference finals in the year that Dame was there. And there there are sometimes that they played really good, but it's kind of hard because you know, and you think Jannis needs the ball to clear and and Dane likes to have the ball to do what he does. Sometimes it looks good, but more times than not, it's just like, eh, yeah.
Speaker 5: He doesn't want to be there. I hate to regurgitate it and say it again. I told you where Giannis is going, I told you how that's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not I'm not saying I don't I disagree with you, But what I am saying, what are you going to give up about? I just don't see a scenario where you keep Bam and Tyler hero and still be able to get Yanni's.
Speaker 5: Funny thing about it is we never know the scenario. That's up to the team, that's up to all the teams. Let me say it like this, up to all the teams involved.
Speaker 4: You know, he's he.
Speaker 5: Getting and answers where he liked to be, where he likes to play, sublimately by answering questions on Twitter, I mean the proof is in the pudding is right there. I mean everyone's going to have these expert opinions on where he should go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Capital. But that's how you put tray scenarios together. Okay, if you the Lakers, you know who off limits. You know you're not getting Lebron and you're not getting Luca. So now you start playing with pieces. Okay, it's ar avail available, it's ruin available. You start playing with pieces who could possibly be leave and who could possibly be come.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, that's the only way you can put a tracer there. You're talking about you gotta do hypotheticals, you know.
Speaker 3: The uh.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to see. I'm looking at the pieces that would Miami have. They only got two pieces I would want? Right, Why would Johnnys want to go to the Miami and and Bam and Tyler Hero isn't there. It's the same thing that happened with Carmelo when he went to the Knicks. Nobody there, you got them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, where you think about it, Where the hell's where you go? Where the hell's where the hell else where Janni's go right now? Where they're gonna have to give up something for him to even get him? And still not be right back in the same type of situation you were in in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is, Oh Joe, you're gonna have to get multiple teams involved, but you're gonna have to satisfy five Milwaukee Milwaukee. Yanna think about it, Oh Joe, you lost Kareem. How long before you got something to replace Kareem? Your second best player in franchise history, Janni's I think you're the second best because Kareem won three titles with the two in you got there.
Speaker 3: I will will't even three.
Speaker 2: I mean, you need to look up Kareem's stats because everybody that think Kareem was a bum, y'all need to look at Kareem before he got old, because like in the eighties, he still won finals MVP at like thirty seven, thirty eight years of age. But you got to go back and look at him when he from his from his rookie year until he was about thirty. Go check him out, Go check out his stats, and let me know what you think. With that being said, Uh, Louise Joannis a superstar. See that's what that for the longest time, that's what really hurt okay, see because see Kevin Durant was a free agent and he left. Imagine what you could have got for Kevin Durant if you did a sign in trade. So now you and if absolute prime, well hell before his prime.
Speaker 3: But now so now you get a guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're gonna get draft picks out the galore and a couple of solid players. That's what you would have gotten. But he left. You got nothing but walk out the door. Same thing with God to State, he walked out the door. So when I think about teams with draft capital, mm hmm, Brooklyn got draft capital, Houston got draft capital and players because you got Shongoon. I'm not getting rid of arm and Thompson. Armen Thompson is not going anywhere. So you got capital. Uh, you got Jabari Smith Junior, you got Eason. So they got capital and they got draft picks. See that's the thing, Oh Joe, there's only a handful of teams that have the draft capitol and maybe some of the players to satisfy.
Speaker 4: What about Okay, see Joannis case.
Speaker 2: I don't like that match up with Shae. Do they have the draft capitol? Absolutely, yes, they have the draft capitol. Go get a Kevin theur Reant I mean if somebody else is available, they got the draft call. Yes, they're absolutely Look at the players they got. I don't for me, I don't think they I don't think they're breaking up their nucleus Shae Jalen Williams and home Ren. I'm not breaking that up. There's a reason why Presty deliberately chose check Holgren because they had an opportunity at Jabari Smith Junior and because Paulo bank Caro was gone. He was off the board, so you didn't have no shot in him. Nice. Oh yeah, oh yeah, y young fella, young fellow like that. Yes, absolutely, the thunder half the pieces. They got seven eight first round picks, seven eight second round picks. They got two pickswaps still coming from the Clippers. Oh, they got the capitol. Houston got the capitol. Brooklyn has the capitol. Because I just don't want draft picks. I want some I want players that can come in and play and contribute and.
Speaker 3: Can help me right now now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, uh, it's gonna be very interesting to see what Yianni's Maybe they try to convince him one more year, but Janni's like one more year. That's a year older I'm not closer. I mean, when you look at it, Janni's by himself. They're not beaten. They're not beating the Knicks, they're not beating the Calves, they're not beating Indiana. Now they might give Boston run with our tatum next year, but they still okay. At best case scenario, they're the fourth best team. I'm not so sure that the fourth best team if ban Caro and Franz Wagner stay healthy with that year where they get Sugs back, with that with Black.
Speaker 3: And and and and and uh Cole Anthony, with some of the pieces that they have, are we sure?
Speaker 2: Are we sure? Milwaukee is no better than a fourth or fifth seed. I ain't coming back one more year to be a fourth or fifty.
Speaker 5: But that's that's that's what it would probably be, y'alln just can do this so much.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, you can only do so much.
Speaker 3: When anybody says, what, but how do you improve this team?
Speaker 2: People say, oh, Joe, Ain't nobody say yeah, whoa man, I'm gonna take this max deal from Milwaukee. I gotta I get an opportunity to get a max deal from LA. I get a max dealer from Chicago. I get a max deal. I'm going to Milwaukee. Right, you're not.
Speaker 3: You're not. There's nothing to do.
Speaker 2: It's coldsh clothes at eleven?
Speaker 3: Okay? Ten? When am I gonna go get some need after the game.
Speaker 4: It can't be that bad.
Speaker 3: Kids ain't playing, kids ain't playing outside after September.
Speaker 4: Can't be that bad.
Speaker 3: In Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just saying it can't be that bad bad. As far as far as what I mean, I've never been there. I've never experienced what it's like to live there.
Speaker 3: It's in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: So what you think the weather is like from Wisconsin October, November, December, January, February, March, April.
Speaker 3: So what do you think the weather's like? You played in Green Bay?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so what you think the weather like in October, November, December, January, February, March.
Speaker 4: But guess what think about some of the teams you just named too?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 4: All them them same months? In Chicago. It's cold them same months? Is just naming this?
Speaker 3: In Chicago, it's just open.
Speaker 2: I can still go get a meal at ten o'clock at night. We'll see, we shall see. Austin Reeve's agent issues a Warner. The mid trade rumors next year is going to be a show. People really have no idea what's to come. Keep putting him in trade rumors for a second string center?
Speaker 4: Whoa who did you take a shot?
Speaker 3: Sat uh? Whoever? Keep leaking his name talking about part of trade.
Speaker 4: They're trading for a center, But he said second string? Who's the second string center?
Speaker 3: They taking a shot at somebodybody, anybody that's not Yo kick Joel and Bead those are really the only centers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Austin Reeves is nice too. He go anywhere right now, and yes, getting work, getting buckets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Bro, you gonna opt at Bro, You're gonna opt at your contract. The Lakers can only play you so much. You're gonna go somewhere and get a big payday anyway. You ain't trying to stay with the Lakers when you can get a two hundred million dollar deal and they can't give you that.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: Austin is very grateful, very thankful. The Lakers believed in him, gave him a tryout. He went to the G League. He played really well. He him and Lebron. Lebron saw something in him early took him under his wings and he's flourished. That's not kid our sales. That's not kid our sales. To make a paydayfindn't get a couple on a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Or as man's value out the in La.
Speaker 3: No, he's not. He knows, he knows his back. That's why.
Speaker 2: That's why they just said what he's saying, because then he hopped out his contract.
Speaker 4: Go get some money, young fella.
Speaker 3: Because see the.
Speaker 2: Thing is like what they try to do o yoe. If you signed with your team, they can give you that fifth year you leave, they can only give you four. Yeah, so there's like, okay, we can add an extra year. That's an extra fifty. You get nicked, Hey, you're not playing your best, you're still a opt in.
Speaker 3: You got fifty coming, right. He knows that he knows back.
Speaker 2: Based on what he's done over the last three years and you've seen his point since the rebound total go up, he's been a valuable option. I mean, we saw him with he with no Luca in the lineup here and Lebron with no Luca and Lebron the lineup, what he did against Indiana. We've seen him go out for forty We've seen him go get Yeah, he's improved every single year.
Speaker 3: He's a hell of a player. But those three guys are not gonna win anything. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that you got a packaging, but they need a big and and he's the only he's the only valuable piece that they have that they're willing to part with. They not trade Luca. You can't trade Lebron because Lebron is one of the two players that have a no trade. He and Bradley Bill. Everybody else, nobody else in the NBA other than Lebron, James and Bradley Beal has a no trade.
Speaker 5: I mean you say, you also say they need a big Now Giannis is off the table on LA too, because you don't have Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I mean he mentioned La, but I think he's talking about more Clippers than than Lakers.
Speaker 4: Ooh, hey, Harden.
Speaker 3: Kawhi, and what you're gonna give up because your picks, your peaks belong to Oka.
Speaker 2: See See that's right, that's right, that's right. As for him back and then guess what we got pick swaps? So guess what if some for some for god unforeseen reason, you're higher than we are. Hey, let's let's wap that thing. You know what I'm saying, Oh Joe, hey, you get a nice burger. You get a good smash double smash burger with cheese, and I got a blowna sandwich. You know what I want to swap lunches today. It's my time to swap. Okay, now you got in the blogna sandwich. I got the double cheese smash burger.
Speaker 3: See h.
Speaker 4: But sit yan and yan is like y is gonna be Uh it's hard, Ojo.
Speaker 3: It's hard because I thought.
Speaker 4: About with the Mexicans.
Speaker 5: Hey, you you putting yourself right back in the same goddamn predicament outside of it being a better goddamn city.
Speaker 4: And being able to get some need after eleven o'clock. That's it.
Speaker 2: But see, that's the thing though. That's the thing, Ojo, is that Austin Reeves understands his value. He knows he's gonna be a commodity because he's proven he's a starter in this league.
Speaker 3: He's not a role player.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a role player, but he's a starting role player.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He can handle the ball, he can create his own shot, he can he can facilitate it off. He can run an offense. Yeah he's Yeah, he's a liability on defense, but guy, he ain't nobody playing no defense anymore. Just don't let him beat you on the first dribble? Can you can you guard him for two dribbles? It the help's gonna come. So with that being said, there's only a handful of teams that have the capitol to go to go get a yach because you gotta think about it. Oho, look at what I'm giving up. I'm giving up a Yannis, I'm giving up a KD. I need something valuable in return. Now KT's a little different, Katie's a little older, so he's not gonna command. Phoenix is not gonna get maybe what they think they're gonna get. Yeah, because there's a difference. I think Giannis is thirty KD is about to be thirty seven. And injury history. Remember he got nicked again at the end of the year. He missed the last couple of games. When he got there, messed up his knees. So he has a history of being injured. So you're not going to get what you because of aging his injury history. He's still a phenomenal player. Very Wow, someone made check this out on Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't even pronounce this guy's name. He said.
Speaker 2: Zion Williamson is entering year seven with with zero playoff minutes logged.
Speaker 3: I just got sick.
Speaker 4: I mean, Zion Williamson going to the Pelicans, understanding his injury history, the fact that he hasn't been able to play, he has games even make the playoffs.
Speaker 5: He didn't have a team surrounding him or or have the help to make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he made the playoffs, but he was hurt. He couldn't play. Yeah, they made the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Thinking about it, he had he had his second year, he had Valan Schooners, he had a CJ.
Speaker 3: McCullum.
Speaker 2: That was his second year, right, I don't know what year it was, but I'm saying he's they They've made the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Zion just hadn't been able to play.
Speaker 5: I think I think he he needed new change of seniory.
Speaker 4: He needed to change the senior y.
Speaker 2: You need to change the eatery, changing who eatery. What's important to him? Everybody wants something more than Zion wanted for himself. Think about what he denied himself, probably going out partying, doing all those other things that kids his age did because he wanted to be a basketball player, and he wanted to go to college, and in college, he wanted to go to the NBA. So think about what you've denied yourself to get to where you got to. And now all of a sudden, now granted, when you young, O Joe, you're rubbing down the court. Oh, your weight just fall off you. Yeah, I mean I can lose. I can lose easy, Hell I lose. I swear I have seven eight pounds at a practice. Once lost thirteen pounds of a practice. You young, you can do that. As you start to get older, you see a lot of you see a lot of young fat people.
Speaker 3: You don't see a lot of old fat people, O Jo.
Speaker 2: Because the heart's only so big, it's only meant to pump the side that you're supposed to be. You start getting full, you start getting three and four hundred pounds when you meant to be two hunder a two fifty passing the body. Yeah, that's why you can't put a volkswaggon engine and an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 3: It's not meant to pull that.
Speaker 2: You earn it out. What's important is Zion. How bad does aon want to be it?
Speaker 3: Do it? Get it?
Speaker 2: Getting in is easy, that's the easy part. It gets hard to get out and get back in. Zion is a phenomenal talent. When never you never gonna hear me say anything about the guy's talent. He can do it. We can do it. We've seen him. He can score twenty five in the game. He's gonna get to double. He's not the best rebounder. I mean, I thought he would be a better rebounder than what he was because he's explosive as Charles Barkley. Charles Barkley is the smallest guy to ever lead the league in rebounding. Charles Barkley six four, Zion six four, and I believe it is more explosive. But rebounding is all about want to. That's why Dennis Robin did it so well. Dennis Robin wanted the ball more than anybody else. But it's got to be he's got to adopt. Say you know what, man, I'm tired of this issue. Man, Let me give myself, let me get myself together, let me get myself together. Let me I'm gonna get me a chef, and I want you to hold me accountable. I'm not saying he can't ever eat something bad, but you have to like weigh the options. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, on JO, there's seven there's seven days in a week. We know there's seven days in a week. And let's just say he's gonna eat twenty eight meals that week, twenty eight to thirty. When you talk about breakfast, lunch, dinner, snatch, things like that, twenty eight meals. Of those twenty eight meals, twenty five of them need to be nutritious, healthy, packed with protein, complex carbohydrates.
Speaker 5: Thanks what happens if the team he has around them, the people that he asks arounding them? What if he is eating healthy? What if he is eating nutritious and he just can't seem to keep the weight off because maybe he's just supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Worked like that? Do you know how hard it is chicken?
Speaker 2: For somebody that's had a healthy lifestyle pretty much for thirty two years nineteen ninety three, I made a decision, I'm gonna have a healthy lifestyle. Do you know how hard it is to eat two thousand, three thousand, four thousand, calories if you're eating healthy, Okay, it ain't nothing to eat that.
Speaker 3: Kind of calories. Hell, I get you a burger that got two thousand calories in it.
Speaker 2: But to eat chicken, to eat rice, to eat fish, to eat to eat broccoli, to be eat vegetables. People don't understand how hard it is to eat that many calories when the food is nutritiously dent. Now, if you eat some bull dye hawks tails and pork chops and add two faid and boot ad and jumbo line and go gumbo, ain't nothing. You'll blow through two thousand and three thousand calories and a meal. It's hard to out exercise a bad diet. It's hard, and the older you get, the harder it is. I'm not telling you something, chat, I'm not telling you something somebody told me. I'm telling you what I know, because once upon a time, I know I might not look like it now the way I walk and move around. I wasn't a lead athlete at one pointant time.
Speaker 5: I always I always argue with people too about that, about that.
Speaker 4: That's saying you can't you can't outwork a bad diet.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But I mean I think because my frame is is so small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you didn't work out, Joe, you realize that if you didn't live ways to work out like you do, how small you would be.
Speaker 4: I get skinny.
Speaker 3: I look, absolutely you would.
Speaker 5: I look sick man's when I on lift and it looks weird like something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's the thing. I mean, some people, there are some people like that, some people like that to have that frame ojo that don't matter what they do, they're gonna be thin. And then there's some people. You look had a burger, that's three pounds you gained. You should have looked at me. But I just think that's the thing that that Zion needs to do. He just got to make it up in his mind set. You know what, I'm gonna get in shape. I'm gonna stay in shape because I mean, before you know it, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be year ten.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is I remember the hype. It was really that hype because he was that boy. He was supposed to be the next face of the NBA.
Speaker 4: He was supposed to be Labarn.
Speaker 5: They were trying to from what it seemed from media coverage and what everybody was saying he was the next great thing that was supposed to Yeah, bron was done played and it just it never panned out that way obviously because of injuries. And I'd assume you know, his inability to keep the weight off and be on the court and be available.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, dude, Oh but he's on the court though.
Speaker 3: Oh we did the embassy alto.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that's frustrating because you see what he when you can see what he can be, you see what he's capable love because he's shown it to you. But at the end of the day, you can never want something for someone else more than they wanted for themselves.
Speaker 4: He's been seven years already, it's.
Speaker 3: About to be seven years, next year be seven years.
Speaker 4: This shit going by fast, it does.
Speaker 2: Think about Oh Joe, think about it when you came into the league and next thing you know, you looked up he was in your ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it went fast.
Speaker 2: As about time to go. It's time for somebody else to aid you. Once you get to year ten, you take it year to year. It ain't no more. I got me five more?
Speaker 4: Nah, hell nah, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: You know, benness comes into play at that point.
Speaker 2: Absolutely once you get to year ten, who how should I help on and get me another one?
Speaker 3: Oh? I stolen over with O Joe got me twelve of the things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, I think, uhh, And I think that's what's important for Zion because there's no denying this talent. There's no denying this talent. He get that ball A he jumped so quick, so effortlessly. But that's a lot of pounding. That's a large man that's up and down, up and down, up and down. Same thing with embiid big man, and you're asking big men to do that over and over and over eighty two times a year. Nobody's really gonna play, but Michel Bridge is gonna play eighty two games. Maybe a handful of players playing eighty two games. So you're asking Joel and b that if he can give us seventy somewhere, give us sixty sixty seventy. Can you do that, Zion, can you give us sixty sixty seventy because that's what it's gonna take, the team's best player. It's hard, it's hard to advance when your best players not there is their best player and now they've traded be Oz because not be Oza in Toronto, he was dealing with I think he was dealing with a blood clock. Right, what did a be I have in Toronto? Because he got traded?
Speaker 5: How many how many other teams could Zion go to? You could probably go everywhere and still be the best player outside of okay seeing the Lakers?
Speaker 3: Uh no, yeah, well he ain't gonna be Here's the thing. Could where could he go?
Speaker 2: Or where could somebody's gonna that need him and have the capital to give up?
Speaker 3: Look, he always wanted to go. I still believe this.
Speaker 2: I believe he would have preferred to be the third pick and be in New York, to be the number one pick and be in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine Zion and New York?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I can. I can.
Speaker 5: Hey, at his side, Zion would be the he was. He's too short to be the he can play he can play the four. He's a three though, right who Zion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, he can be he can play the three out of four because he's so powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But he on the side though, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I got to punish you, Like I said, if you punish me on one end, I gotta punish you on the other.
Speaker 4: And that's sucking man, that s man.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a quick jumper, quick verry athletic, very explosive.
Speaker 4: To be that size.
Speaker 5: The funny thing about it is probably everyone else he's a little bit more twitty than everybody else.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he twitchy as if he's as if he's small.
Speaker 2: He's he's a more explosive Charles Barkley. Look at the way Barkley was built, and look at the way Zion is Bill and char That would been the first thing I would have done. I would have got with Charles Barkley and said, Charles, how'd you do it? How'd you get the way?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 2: Moses because he had a veteran mos Malone said hey, Charles, he said, you fat and you lazy. That's a hell of a combination. You could be one of the other old Joe, it be both. No, you can't bet those two right, And that's what I tell you. Guys said, look you in football, you could be old and fast or young and slow, but you can't be two together.
Speaker 3: You can't be old and slow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be over there on the sideline, No, you'll.
Speaker 2: Be out to leave oldie slow gets you out to league old and fans to keep you on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I just I just hope he gets it figured out. I just hope to figure he gets it figured out, because man, he is so immensely talented, and you just want to see the best, especially the guy that you see and you know they got it in the Moho. You know they talented you, you've seen it. It's not man, man, I don't know, but a no, we've seen what he's healthy. He's an All Starnox office.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is, thought Joe.
Speaker 2: That's that's his career, that's his future, and he has to he's gonna he gets to determine it.
Speaker 3: Jared's Triple J. Jared Jackson Jr.
Speaker 2: Was one selection away from the biggest bag in NBA history twenty two points a game, All Star, All Defense, still not enough to crack the all the NBA Triple J showlder numbers where they too many big names, too few spots, and just like that, just like that, Triple J misses out on a super Max contract three hundred and fifty million what he could assigned for one hundred and fifty million instead two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: Abrica Dapple vanished. I'm going to the board.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's not about what you did, it's about how crowded the room was.
Speaker 4: That's not fair.
Speaker 2: That's where you ride the merry go round, get candid apples, cotton candy, and you know sometimes you can see a pig, the betty lady and the tenders at the fair.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know that's not fair.
Speaker 2: You get what you get, what you earned, not what you deserve. So let me ask you a question. Who you taking off the All NBA selection teams? Who you taking off and putting them on there for.
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 5: No, h it ain't ain't nobody to take off because they only for a goddamn reason.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's what I tell when people say, man, he should have gone to the Pro Bowl?
Speaker 3: Who are you taking off? He should have been an all stark? Who take it off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But the fact that if you've made it, if you were able to make it, and the difference in money you get when you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been there. I've been.
Speaker 2: I've been to the situations though show that the Pro Bowl. I have more catches, more yards, and more touchdown And somebody went to the Pro Bowl in front of me.
Speaker 3: And my team went to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: When that happened, I guarantee you on the back end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, I can tell you that. Yeah, yeah, I know that.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yep, damn yeah.
Speaker 2: Have more catches yards than touchdowns. A couple of times I was second in yards, catches and touchdown.
Speaker 4: Hold on man, So you didn't make the NBA.
Speaker 2: You need to be You need to make one of the three all the NBA teams first thing of the thirdeen.
Speaker 3: Or be an MVP. That'll definitely help.
Speaker 2: Two hundred men down the drain, two hundred dollars get like that. See shake MVP. No, Now, if you're the MVP, you know you're gonna be all NBA. He can sign a four year two ninety four or five three eighty.
Speaker 4: Which one are you taking?
Speaker 2: Four for two ninety four? And she is only what twenty six? We finned him cross the head again? Yes, Jesus crazy yep mm hmm. So guess what when he's able to come up again, it'll probably be four thirty.
Speaker 5: Max contracts now regard any regardless of being older.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll still be able to get that.
Speaker 2: You'll still be able before now once you get to like thirty six o cho Yeah, I think I don't think you can do more than a two year deal, right, okay, okay, because they didn't want to play. You know, the adn't want because you know, old player be forty years old. Hey, I want five years? No damn, where you ain't gonna be playing you're forty five, but you everybody gonna come in and then, like, I think that's what it is. Right after you get to a certain age in the NBA, you can only sign two year, two year deals.
Speaker 3: Because I think that's what happened to Lebron.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought he was choosing and purposely choosing to sign two years on purpose.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: He's signed two years, but it's one plus an option. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's over thirty eight, okay, so.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight older.
Speaker 2: So oretically, Shay might get two got back, got three of these because he'll go from thirty twenty six to thirty right, thirty to thirty.
Speaker 4: Four and do another one on the back end of two years.
Speaker 3: He might he might do a billion dollars in contracts.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, it's funny. He's worth every goddamn dying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, it's really that's thing you can argue about when it comes to him.
Speaker 2: You know, I love I love I love everything about the young man. I love the way he cares himself. I love how hard he plays. I love the grind that he's put in, the work that he's put in. And to see there's nothing better than seeing a plan come together when you work extremely hard for something that you see like, damn finally because all I want to do, all I wanted to do, come follolowch over to see what the summer had did?
Speaker 3: What I did in the summer? Did that is playoff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It did?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What's funny when you when you put the work in, when you put hours in, no matter what you do in life, no matter what it is, you always work always, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Ain't nowhere around it on yoe and then and you never have to sit back.
Speaker 2: You never have to sit back now one well, not one time have I ever sought back about my NFL career, says man. If I had just done this, if I had ate better, if I had trained, if I had studied, ain't I had no regrets. I got everything out of my God given ability, everything, I squeezed it all over yo, you know I had orange juice and then I ate the pulp that you know, I used the zest, the orange zest, the cooking.
Speaker 3: So I got everything out of the orange. Was nothing left.
Speaker 2: Walk away with your head hell high, accomplished everything. Pro Bowls, all Pro Super Bowls, You and your you and your team's Ring of Fame. You one of the fifty greatest players that played for your team.
Speaker 3: What nothing?
Speaker 4: Where you get asked on nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Because all I it was an opportunity to play in the NFL. Man, let me play in the NFL two three years. I could say I played a lot of people don't get an opportunity to say that, play that, and they played high school and played college. That was my goal, playing in the NFL. Hey get granted out of this? That was it, Ojoe. I mean, look, yeah, I wanted. I wanted too. I wanted three things really for me. That was tango I could put my hands on. I wanted to Rolex, I wanted Ferrari, and I wanted the house, the air conditioned, indoor plumbing and running water.
Speaker 3: I got that.
Speaker 4: I'm good. I like that.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I ain't need the way I live now I never thought that was possible. A hey, even if I had just had me at want the window unis oh hoe, you know we're going to the window unir condition to the window.
Speaker 4: In the window. Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: And listen.
Speaker 5: And if you didn't had that, you had we had Ther's back in the day. You remember the fans, the portable portable you plug into the wall, the little square foul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an oscillating fans, yea box fans.
Speaker 4: Had one of them, yeah yeah, one of the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we had one that the blade would have broke off, so you had to put a block on it because it'd be dancing around.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we put a big old, big old blocks of fend the block on top of it. I stayed right there, kept you cool. Well, actually didn't keep it cool. I browing hot ass there because we ain't have no air condition. But that's all I wanted, don't Joe, You know, get my grandm out of that situation, and I could have indoor plumbing, running water and Eric in the house that was air condition.
Speaker 3: Boy, you couldn't tell Shanna Sharp nothing.
Speaker 4: I just my mind. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 5: I kind of you know, I've always lived a very very very simplistic lifestyle, always lived way below my means, my whole thing. Obviously, wanted to play in the NFL, wanted to make it really having no desires or understanding about you know, Super Bowls and all that stuff until I actually got there and the meaning and how much they meant, you know, to a lot of people that played the game. Yeah, well I was able to play and have fun and do it my way. And I always wanted to make sure my kids were good. Long Yeah, long the kids were good. Anything that they need, anything they want for that is taken care of, and everything else.
Speaker 4: It didn't matter
Speaker 1: The volume