Speaker 1: Hi, Sabrina, Hi Will. We've got a big one today, a big, big one, and it leads me to a question.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Five. There's too many to say five. And I think we've had this same I've given you the same question before, but I'm going to give it to you again because now you've had several months to think about it, and I know you've only been thinking about this question and no other question. You haven't been thinking about your kids there well being nothing, it's just this question as it should be.
Speaker 2: What are you about to throw at me?
Speaker 1: Best trilogy? Oh, best trilogy ever?
Speaker 2: We've had this conversation we have, Yeah, and I don't even remember what I said last time, best trilogy.
Speaker 1: Because you can't say best five the quad, daram. I mean there hasn't been enough things that do five movies.
Speaker 2: Franchise.
Speaker 1: I guess you best franchise. I guess that's probably the best way to ye. What do you think is the best?
Speaker 2: I'm obviously gonna say Marvel?
Speaker 1: I mean, right, But that's right, isn't it? But is it? Is it all of Marvel? I don't know Marvel.
Speaker 2: I really love toy Story. I think that's what what I said before. Toy Story.
Speaker 1: I have to watch the one.
Speaker 2: I know you have that. That's how that's how right? Yes, and you have done yet. No, if you want to take Ledger and that would be his first like in theater movie, which I think would be really great, that's awesome. So I think the toy Story one is a big jump out one.
Speaker 1: What was your first in theater movie?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I need to ask my parents.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Because I have no idea. Interesting, I don't remember that. I can't even remember. Honestly, this is the god honest truth. If my anniversary, if you ask me what my anniversary is, it's either the sixth or seven of what month October?
Speaker 3: You really can't remember your anniversary because does Jordan remember it?
Speaker 1: Jordan will remember.
Speaker 2: It, but I have to look in my notes just to remember exactly if it's the sixth or the seven.
Speaker 1: When's well, hopefully you've done your research. When's my anniversary? Come on, Sabrina, when's my wedding?
Speaker 2: And by the way, don't count on me to call you on your birthday. I'll call you either several days before it or several days after and remembering it. And if I remember it before I call, because I know I'll forget.
Speaker 1: Day of You know, I'm that person. I'm not that because I'm I'm that person where other than this year obviously, where I'm doing something big. Most most of the time, I'll be like, oh, that's right, it was my birthday. Like I just I'm not a birthday guy. I never heard, not at all. I love how by the way, well you you did answer you're gonnay toy st Oh. I have no idea. It's way too difficult to question difficult. I just did there. I just made you answer yes. No, I mean i'd say Star Wars Potter. No, okay, Harry Potter, and I like Harry Potter, but no, it wouldn't be Harry Potter for for best franchise.
Speaker 2: Would it be like Star Wars? Or maybe that.
Speaker 1: Was my first movie in the theater? Was was Empire Strikes Back?
Speaker 2: Was the really wow?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I you know one that I love that I keep talking about where it's I talk about it as arguably one of the best trilogies of all time is How to Train Your Dragon.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, you've mentioned, which was which was great, so even the third one I liked the third one okay, yeah, no, I have I've.
Speaker 1: Okay yeah, no, It's like that's what I mean by yes, Yeah, I'm gonna watch choice story for I told Susan I had a date this weekend. She's like, you know. I was like, you know, we have the live show, Big Big put mets for a live show on Thursday, and I go on Friday, I have a date night. I was like, I'm I'm going on a date She's like, what, Like, I'm having a date night. She goes, okay, can I ask with whom you're going out? And I was like, I'm going out with Prince Adam. She's like, excuse me. I'm like, Prince Adam he man starts streaming this Friday, and I've wanted to see the new e Man. So I got a date with Prince Adam. And she's like that's weird. Okay, great, we'll have fun on your date.
Speaker 2: Mean that you're going by yourself?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I have it here in the in the house date nights. So I'm yeah, I'm gonna light some candles, I'm gonna dress up nice. I don't know where the knight's go I don't know where the night's gonna go, Oh my god, I don't know where the Knight's gonna go to night jos Is see there you go anywhere?
Speaker 2: Wow, Welcome back, you gotta do the Internet.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pj's, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart, the wave tsunamis and you were not imagining me shirtless candles lit, watching he Man.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I had that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, let me do that again, shirtless covered in chicken fat and watching he Man, I'm wilfredell. Oh my well, there's a reason we're talking franchises because shuffle the cards, everyone, we are entering into uncharted territory for Magical Rewind. We're returning to the most prolific decom franchise in Disney history. It's the fifth installment to the Descendants franchise Wicked Wonderland. But keep in mind, Descendants is only going to be alone in this achievement for a little while, because I'm guessing at some point in the very near future, after the announcement of Cheatah Girls four, there will eventually be a fifth Cheah Girls. My guess is they're going to do the kind of thing where they're rebooting and then there's gonna be three new with the new cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine they would go through all the hooplah of getting a new cast in the US. A great word, planning on doing multiple ones.
Speaker 1: You know, it's also good with uh hoopla rigamarole. Yes, there you go, we got a lot of them. But it's true. Speaking of the Cheetah Girls, we all know that Suberno is lucky enough to attend the premiere of this movie and interview some of the stars, So I'm sure she's been chopping at the bit to talk about it. So here we are, because you're gonna have to tell us all about it. This is, of course a massive release for the channel where it premiered on July sixteenth, dropping on Disney Plus the next day, and as of recording this podcast, it is the number one movie on the streamer. I'm kind of amazed that it wasn't one of my movies that's number one. Still like National Lampoon's Gold Diggers, not a good movie. Don't go looking for it. Yes, this is, of course the sequel to twenty twenty four. Is the Rise of Red, which we didn't love, the start of a new life for the series, shifting the focus to a younger generation and leaving us with a bit of a cliffhanger. Wicked Wonderland shot in Vancouver, So it is a Canadian franchise obviously April and May of twenty twenty five, and mixed together familiar faces from the last movie with a whole crop of new characters. Okay, so we talked about regular franchise rankings. When it comes to just Disney franchise rankings, where does Descendants rank for you? Sabrina? I mean, are you excited to think the series is going to keep going forever? Which is a safe bet since it's popularity. He's not showing any signs of slowing down. What did you think I could.
Speaker 2: Do another one?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 2: I really love this franchise. I think it is, you know, being such a Disney kid and loving all of the like original og cartoon movies that Disney puts out and taking them and looking at like the next generation of all those like heroes and villains. I just I love the absolute foundation of this franchise and I think it is just so clever, and I love it, but you have to pay attention, especially in this one, because we're gonna read a lot of new characters. Yeah, and it takes you a minute to know who's what. Like I honestly didn't put one character in stack with it for the majority of the time, and like almost the press junket that I went, I'm not kidding it was it it. Sometimes they're kind of it's getting a little muddled, a little muddled. But I do love the idea of like what these new characters or what these characters that we know and love or hate, you know, with the villains, what they're like Descendants would be like, you know, and where they take their storyline. So I really think it's just so clever and I enjoy this franchise a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you can only watch Descendants movies from now on or Zombies movies from now on school musical movies. Sare you which ones? Which one? Or camp Rock like all their franchise camp Rock.
Speaker 2: It would it would be between the Descendants and the Zombies.
Speaker 1: For me, that's not an answer which one is? Which one? Is it? You can only go to one?
Speaker 2: Ah, I can't, I think I I think it have to be Descendants interesting. I think you have to interesting. I think you have to just because I have there it is, I have so much nostalgia with the characters that these that are the parents of these characters that were meeting and and scene, So I think it have to be that interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such. It's so clever. The the idea of the descendants of all the major villain that being said Zombies was built from the ground up, you know, there was there was no past lore to it, and was also just so clever. And that first Zombies movie, I mean, the first Ascendants movie was great, yes, but that first Zombies movie just stuck with me with all the dancing and the singing and the Yeah, it just there was something about concept. Yes and Coo and Bucky and everybody. I mean, it was just there was something about that. I'd be hard pressed to say. I don't know which franchise as a whole I liked better, but that first Zombies movie was really kind of incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like that about the first But again, then you had like bad Dragon in first Descendants movie, so there was a couple of things in that that was kind of like but.
Speaker 2: I feel like, wait, yeah, that was in the first movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it kind of the c G I wasn't good and I.
Speaker 2: Feel like though the Zombies movie wasn't set up to be was Do you feel like the Zombies movie was set up to be a franchise?
Speaker 1: No, I think remember they wanted it to be a pilot. It was zombies versus cheerleaders, but it became it was just so good game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it became a movie. So I bet you like budget wise like they didn't they don't feel like they didn't attempt anything like that.
Speaker 1: In the it still looked I don't know, but this is yeah. Well okay, well we'll get into what we thought about this one anyway. Yeah, so here, that's a tough question.
Speaker 2: I know, mad you asked me that I know spinning. I'm gonna I'm gonna come back next week and be like, Okay, I got an answer, I got a different answer.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Well let's talk soundtrack, because there is no chance a Descendants movie can come out and uh not have some very new music. The first single, Perfect Princess, made its debut on American Idol last season. We always talked about Synergy, a new tactic for the channel that promoted the upcoming movie to millions of viewers, and as you can probably predict, all the songs in the soundtrack are performed by cast members and used in the movie, because well, it's a musical. There have since been two other singles released, Mad Wicked, Wonderland and Dancing with the Enemy. So, without spoiling anything, Sabrita, what do you think of the music here in the fifth Sentence movie and how do you think it compared to the other four?
Speaker 2: There are actual like when we talked about this movie, the fourth movie and the third movie as well, we said there weren't any like standout songs, perfect princess, stand out song, not just me. My kid won't stop singing it like it is just constant. She watched it one time and was singing it like in the car on the right home like she that. So there are definite like those, the jingles that stay with you, that stick with you. I definitely think this this movie leveled up on their music in a big way.
Speaker 1: I could not agree with you more. I was tapping my toe the whole time. I felt like I haven't had that in the last couple Descendants movies. Yea, and this one. It was there were several that I was like, okays are actually good songs, not just good Disney songs or good movie songs. They're good songs. Yes, so yeah, I totally agree with you one hundred percent. We are getting to recap Wicked Wonderland right after its release, which is always fun. And now you I don't know if you can see my script, but you is in capitals. Can watch it on Disney Plus two. But make sure to do it before October eighteenth, twenty forty five, because I've heard a prophecy about that being the end of the world. It'll start with a small earthquake, then we'll see Locus and a sinkhole will appear in Rio de Janeiro, sucking each one of us in, one by one, very slowly, until no one has left anyway, enjoy Wicked Wonderland now in Disney Plus. So let's release the Dodo birds and enter the maze. That is the synopsis. Red and Chloe discovered they've created a dangerous new reality where Maddox Hatter has become a villain and Wonderland is in peril. Teaming up with Red's new sister Pink and a fresh new crop of heroes and villains. They must now rescue the Queen of Hearts and undo the consequences of time travel Sabrina, I already know your answer, but early thoughts on descendance wickled Wonderland a massive hit for the Disney Channel in twenty twenty six. What did you think?
Speaker 2: I loved this movie, and I feel like we might need to implement a new role when it comes to scoring, to where we can veto the other's score, because I remember when I gave the last one a nine and you were like, you're you're kidding me. You should have vetoed me. Because now that I've got this one too, you.
Speaker 1: I'm canceling your Yeah, I'm canceling.
Speaker 2: Your opinion, just being like, no, that's not no. I can't let you.
Speaker 1: I will let the internet machine judge you harshly. I don't need to do that for your score.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's true. There's quite a few of them out there. I love it so much that I was like, how in the world did I score Rise of Red a nine? Because this place, I mean that was that was an incorrect scoring. And I'm not sure what was in.
Speaker 1: My water that day.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but this movie, I mean surpassed. It surpassed Rise of Red in such a big way for me that I and I love it. But again, it's all about the experience, right, Like I got to go to the big premiere with Monroe and all of that, But even just watching it by myself, I really did like it. So I first, that's love.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I agree. And I did not have any of the pop and circumstance Foo for All, Huchi Bootsy, all the stuff we've been talking about.
Speaker 2: Well you could have.
Speaker 1: I could have. I know I could have, but didn't. But it was, uh, it was great. It was I you know, felt like I had to slog through Rise of Red and again the last time with Rise of Red. I'm such a purist when it comes to time travel movies. They're like, it's like one of my niche things. Yes that it really pissed me off, all the just the gaping timeholes this movie was. I thought it was back to like early descendants of what it was. Great singing, great dancing, great cast, really amazing sets, good basic kind of story in a world we hadn't seen before. Yeah this should I mean again, I get what they had to do for the first one. But this should have been the start of the new version of Descendants, like the Rise of Red. You didn't need Rise of Red.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like you could have. I mean, I don't know what you'd have to take out of this one, but you could have just done a quick recap of like what's gone on and what happened, like like those little stories that they do in the front, like the little stories that they do in almost every single one of them. Yeah, this is what's happened before, this is where we're at now, and keep a pushing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something I agree, because it was a little it was strange. You also could have gone the opposite way, where you know, Descendants was all about the descendants of villains coming to Orodon and becoming good. You could easily have done something where it was actually a descendant of a hero from Oordon who was wrongly convicted of something sent to the island, and it's from the point of view of a good person turning quote unquote a good person turning bad. You could have reversed the whole franchise. So but this was I mean, it was super enjoyable this movie. It really was. I felt like they got back to basics.
Speaker 2: That sets amazing.
Speaker 1: It looked incredible, it sounded good, the songs were bops. It was I even started to well, we'll get into the dance stuff, but anyway. It was directed by Kimmy Gatewood or Gatwood, a new name to the dcom universe, but a long standing staple in the LA and New York comedy scene. She is the co creator of The Apple Sisters, a musical comedy trio which is hysterical. I just want to see whatever that is that performed at Montreal's Just for Laughs and the Use Theater. She will also be recognized by fans of the Netflix show glow Or. She played Stacy, one half of the geriatric tag team the beat Down Biddies. Never seen that, but gonna rush to now. But she has now transitioned behind the camera, where she's directed shows like Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Ghosts, Girls, Five Ever, and Going Dutch. She also won an Emmy for her work on Disney Plus's Muppet Mayhem. This is definitely her biggest undertaking, especially since there are rumors and they're just rumors at this point. People, So if you're driving, pull over, sit down, do what you gotta do. But the movie's budget for a d COM was ninety five million dollars. Geez, ninety five million dollars. That is a full ten million dollars more than the already record breaking number for Rise of Red. So this is officially the most expensive dcom ever. Did it look expensive to you at ever? This is dcom ever? Well, it's also the fifth one. It's the fifth of five. Ever. Did it look expensive to you? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it done, I mean it was. The money was spent correctly, I mean ough, I.
Speaker 1: Agree one percent. And like I said, we have a mix of returning actors and new editions, starting with Kylie Cantrell as read the new face of the franchise and honestly the channel as a whole. First seen on YouTube and TikTok, which I think her Internet things. Cantrell is best known as Gabby, the titular character on Disney's Gabby Duran and the Unsittables. There are more titles in this breakdown that I'm not going to understand than in anyone we've done before, but has also been seen on Raven's Home high school musical, The Musical, the series, and Just Roll with It. So she's the real product of the system. She is also signed to a record deal, of course, and she just released an EP, which the cooler people in the world tell me means like a song or an album or something, so go and check it out. Malia Baker returns as Chloe, the offspring of Cinderella and Prince Charming. She's been previously seen on shows like The Flash, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and The Babysitters Club, And new to the series we have Leamani Segura as Princess Pink. Her first role ever was Emmy on High School Musical, the musical series, which I will never get tired of saying. And it's not only part of the Descendants franchise. She will also be in Camp Rock three coming out soon. So between her and Malachi, it does seem like Disney is just casting these kids across properties now. And you know, I don't even have to ask if that was the thing before, because of course it was. They've been. Disney's been doing this for rever It's one of the things they're great at. As you get into the Disney machine and if they like you, they just keep putting you in and it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, and it helps promote the next thing, right, I remember That's how it was with Raven. She had just finished her first season of That's So Raven when we were shooting The Cheetah Girl. Yeah, it was like that all helped promote each other.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, absolutely fight yep, and Leonardo nam is back as Maddox Hatter. He's been in a ton of stuff over the past twenty years, including Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Is that literally just a movie about pants?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the same producers the Cheetah Girls and The Cinderella, the movie with Brandy. It's like a pair of pants that all four of these girlfriends, they all have different bodies, different styles and stuff, and they like send the pair of pants to each other while they're away from each other, and it always shows up at the time where they like are in need of like.
Speaker 1: Compara pants like that. Okay, gotcha a pair of pants? Okay. The man's version is called The Brotherhood of the Only pair of underwear that men own. Oh god, no.
Speaker 2: Please don't send that to each other.
Speaker 1: And then we've got He's also in Fast and Furious, Tokyo Drift, and Westworld, but now he has a son, Max Hatter played by Brendan Trembley. Trembley is a working Canadian actor who will also be in the upcoming Disney Channel show Coven Academy. Another new name, Kiara t Romero is Hazel Hook. She was a background actor in the dcom movie The prom and this is her first featured role. I love hearing stories like that. Congrats, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Her character saying it now was my favorite in this movie. I loved Hazel. I loved that a female was doing a hook villain character. That was very cool to see, like a girl taking on one of those characters. Oh and I thought she was so good, so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super cool all the way around.
Speaker 2: Shout out Kiara.
Speaker 1: They were all kind of great. Yeah. Melanie Packson returns his Fairy Godmother, the only original cast member still in this thing, and from Rise of Red, Paalo Malta bought his back as Prince Charming. As are two of the biggest examples of stunt casting for the modern day channel. Brandy of Once Again Cinderella is reprising the role she had in the nineteen ninety seven original movie, which I haven't seen yet, and Rita Ara is the Queen of Hearts I think both ladies were amazing in last descendance, so I'm happy to see them back. And let's say hello to another recognizable name, Aquafina, as the voice of CHESSI, the New Cheshire Cat. Aquafina began her career as a rapper on YouTube and has since transitioned into TV and movies, starting with Neighbors two, then landing in other big films like Ocean's Eight Crazy Rich Asians, Jumanji, The Next Level, and The Bad Guys. Now, if you love this cast, let me be the first to tell you about disney World's Collide. That's right, it sounded the way I said it. But it's called disney World's Collide or disney World's Collide or disney Worlds Collide, depending on how you'd like to make The emphastis a tour coming up involving cast members from Wicked, Wonderland, Descendants, and Camp Rock three that will start in September and be hitting a lot of big cities. Sabrina, should we go to this? Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I was pissed we missed the last one. We absolutely should go to this.
Speaker 1: Do they fight to the death, because that would be like it's like, oh my god, the only person left is one person from Camp Rock three like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's not how that works. No, there, I saw snippets from the last tour. It looked great. I think it's brilliant on oh my god, jeez thing because like when we were all out on tour at some point, we were basically fighting each other for ticket sales, right like parents were having to decide do we want to go to uh Hannah Montana, Miiley Cyrus Tour, High School Musical Tour or Cheeah Girls Tour like we were, you know. So for Disney as a company, this is perfect, right, brilliant, And I'm sure that the ticket prices are just through the roof. I haven't looked at it, but I do know it's in September, it's coming up soon.
Speaker 1: Well, that'll have to determine whether we go or not, because if it's super expensive, I'm gonna go to that. Come on, you can buy.
Speaker 2: Leomani told me that I should go, so, you know, being one of her new besties, I feel a little obligating.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we'll see. I might be I don't know what day it is, but I might be busy that day.
Speaker 2: You probably will.
Speaker 1: I have a lot going on as to you. Okay, sure, this is the fifth movie. It costs almost a hundred million dollars to make, but that does not give it a pass to be longer than ninety minutes. We know that every movie from Gone with the Wind to Biodome should be an hour and a half, no more, no less. We've specifically proven it here scientifically, so is the fifth time of Charm Descendants. Wicked Wonderland runs ninety five minutes. Oh five minutes off the target, which is too long by all accounts. I can't believe they need a sixth movie to try to get it right, but it seems to be the case. Shame on all those involved.
Speaker 2: The third one was even longer. Remember, oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 1: Still watching it. Yeah, it's I'm yeah, I'm on day eight. Once again, Hollywood's longest running writing team, Sarah Parriott and Jozanne McGibbon are given. They're created by credits, and we see the return of Dan Freeman and Rue Summer, the writers behind Rise of Red. But now we have a new addition to Mara Dannison. Dannison won the twenty twenty two Children's and Family Emmy for Outstanding Fiction Special with Disney's Sneakerella. She also wrote Netflix's Moxie and Amazon Primes Something from Tiffany's. She is now set to write an untitled rom com starring fellow iHeart employee Nick Jonas for Netflix. By the way, Nick, if you get me this year for Secret Sanna, just ignore the twenty dollars limit.
Speaker 6: Dancing with the Stars is looking for a new pro and since last season I came in eighth place, I'm basically.
Speaker 7: An expert easy there. I've spent my entire life in the ballroom, so maybe you could use some help.
Speaker 6: I'm Danielle Fischl and I'm Vouchmerkovsky, and we have a new podcast called Stepping on Toes with Danielle and Val.
Speaker 7: Every week we're breaking down Dancing with the Stars the next pro to find out who I'll be sharing the ballroom with next season.
Speaker 6: I'll be asking the questions every fan is thinking.
Speaker 7: And I'll take you behind the choreography of judging the performances and what it takes to compete in front of millionaires.
Speaker 6: Plus we'll be joined by some very special guests.
Speaker 7: It's time to crown a new Dancing with the stars pro So let us be your guys to this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 6: Do you think I could win?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Listen to Stepping on Toes on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: So now did you hear from them? For once in my life? I'm mad for Wicked, Wederland and dancing with the Enemy. It really is who I am. So let's get into the newest Descendants. The movie opens with a new character, Chessie, the child of the cheshire Cat, filling us in on everything that happened in the last movie, all over some expensive special effects for those with a very bad short term memory. Red turned her mom from villain to hero by changing the past, something that has triggered some unintended consequences and created some chaos. We see the newly minted friends Red and Chloe open the Wonderland vault and hide the time traveling pocket watch that allowed them to jump decades. Okay, I'm gonna start nitpicking, just because that's what to do. So they have a vault where all the most important things are, but kind of anybody can open it if they find it at the middle of the maze. That's not a vault, that's just a place you put things. Did they have to do anything to get into it other than get to the middle of the maze.
Speaker 2: They didn't show that. No, but I assumed it was Red was the only one that could.
Speaker 1: Like Red didn't open it at the end.
Speaker 2: I know That's what I was confused about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thank you. Sorry. Well, it's it's a pretty big I think it's that's an everybody sees because it's like, why why is that there? And also if there's not to jump ahead to the end. But I'm assuming that people that watch the movie are going to watch a movie are not going to watch a movie. But if you have another place to throw it that makes it go away forever and keeps all your secrets, why not put it there.
Speaker 2: I don't think she was wanting to get rid of it. I think she was wanting to hold on to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe you could, Okay, gotcha. I still that made it was weird to me, but it was right if anybody can.
Speaker 2: Open it right right from the start. However, no one really knows where it is. That's the one thing that the same thing it's in the center of the maze, but nobody knows it's there. But I guess at the end, I was like, but she went to it after Chloe, But I guess we then knew where it was because of the maze. That was the thing. Like Mad Hatter even when he saw it later, doesn't know where it is.
Speaker 1: Right right by the way. Super easy maze if you've been through it once with Red and then you remember how to get to the middle again. That's not a tough maze. Just saying there's better hiding places.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I had a birthday party that had a maze situation and my dad was up on top watching us all and like filming us. I got so pissed I quit. I was like, this birthday sucks.
Speaker 1: And then you couldn't get out of the maze to get to your cake. I'm dying out.
Speaker 2: I could successfully stomp out the way I wanted to because I was lost exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my Well, anyway, we see the newly minted friends, Red and Chloe opened the Wonderland Vault and hide the time traveling pocket watch that allowed them to jump decades. They think they solved everything, but were told someone saw them and knows exactly what they're up to. Erasing one villain created another Wonderland is about to be a lot less one. We're now in Red and Chloe's bedrooms. The girls' alarm clocks go off, and our first song begins, Perfect Princess, all about how peace was restored and they saved the day. As besties, Redd and Chloe get ready for their day back at school and eventually are joined by the entire cast, including the Queen of Hearts and Cinderella. During the song, Red is freaked out to meet her new sister Pink and two horny new classmates, Robbie Hood and Louis Madrigal. Mad had her son Max and his crew, which includes the cool looking kind of twin sons of mister Smeeth, seem to have some friction with the hero kids now, so there's like teams that have formed in this new version, this new world. As the song ends, Redd and Chloe realize things are different than what they were used to and they know why they changed the past, but they promised to figure it out together. Okay, Sabrina, you know this as the podcast resident Song and Dance Aspert, I think we already know the answer to this, let's get started. First, big number, what'd you think good?
Speaker 2: I kind of got nervous at the beginning. All the talking and all the stuff that I didn't really love from the first one is how it started.
Speaker 1: But it did.
Speaker 2: Explain and put you into like understanding that, like they're picking up on the things that have changed now, right, yeah, Once we got out and in front of ord On or right that's the.
Speaker 1: School, yes, or on prep.
Speaker 2: Or on prep. Once we got out in front of you know, it was like this was what I was needing from the last one. The big numbers, the tons of dancers, the like flow of it. I mean, this was such a great way to start this movie. I thought it was incredible and loved right away seeing Rita, Aura and Brandy reprising their roles, Like right away it was like yes, yes, yes, that's what I'm saying. When they give you exactly what the audience wants, then you're like in for the long ride.
Speaker 1: So I couldn't agree with you more. I was tapping my toe the whole time.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, this is a this is a banger, this is a good song, cute song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you could saw in the theater already these people that are seeing it for the first time. Now, I had seen it already just once. But other people you could hear it, You could feel people like already like chining In, Yeah, humming to it. You could feel it in the theater for sure. At the premiere.
Speaker 1: Was definitely a good first song. Now we're over in Wonderland and Chessie tells us all about Maddox Hatter, Red's former mentor and the new villain. The once kind hearted inventor went so mad searching for his pocket watch the Queen of Hearts banished him to the Isle of the Lost. Now he's determined to find his prize and get revenge. We also finally see the Cheshire cat narrator, and it's nothing like the Chesshire we know. She's like a small little rainbow tabby. It has a cool looking little cat. It was cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We then enter Maddox Hatter's room with Chessie. Maddix declares, after all these years of searching his urriculum, remember that word, because it's gonna keep coming back, has found the pocket watch. The Queen of Hearts has it in her vault. Wonderland can finally be his and the Queen of Hearts could be dead, but he needs her alive until they find the vault, so he sends his mechanical Dodo birds real proof of the budget if you ask me, which I also thought it was weird though to pick Dodo Birds, a flightless bird, but then he says, why did I give you wings like he made them fly? So I was doing a whole thing in my head. We'll get into that later. To search the palace grounds, the croquet gardens, Tolgi Woods, and every royal outpost in Wonderland for his pocket watch. And for the first time in the movie, we are at Ordon Prep. Well it's actually yeah, we're outside, but they're dancing before, So yeah. Red and Chloe are walking outside the school talking about their weird mornings and all the things that have changed. Redd says she doesn't know how to feel about anything now that Max Hatter is a VK. His dad was her advisor and now he's evil. Chloe blames the crew he's been hanging out with. Hazel Hook is ruthless and always bossing around her flunkies like the Smea Twins and Felix, doctor Filier's son. With these scary tarot cards. Did you know who doctor Facilier was at the time? I didn't either. I had to google it. Have you seen Princess and.
Speaker 2: The Frog, Yes, I have, but it's not one that I recognized the names as much as the other ones I have.
Speaker 1: There's so many modern ones Moana and Canto, the Princess and the Frog, Brave Like, I haven't seen any of these new movies, so I have to No, I have to go check out all these I haven't seen. I stopped with like, I stopped like with those kind of movies with I think up, yeah, no, Coco. Coco was the last one I saw, which made me yikes. I looked like a crazy I looked like the crazy man in the seats. In Fear, a student runs from Felix and bumps into Red, throwing her into husky Luis Madrigal's arms. This is the son of Luisa Madrigal, the strong daughter in Inkento.
Speaker 2: This is the character that I had no idea. The first one just went by me. I'm like, I have no idea who that person was, And then I was thinking, he seemed more like he was the son of Gaston.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw him so at.
Speaker 2: First I'm like, wait, he's not. He's a villain, Like he's not what's happening? And then finally I realized, like way after way after who it was?
Speaker 1: Okay, who it was? Yeah, he smiles after catching her and tells her her first rescue is free and his friend Robbie Hood, they didn't even try to hide that one. You know they have sometimes try to hide him, and they're like, this is right.
Speaker 2: My brain is so tired. I was happy for the easy get.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Captaina Hook. Yeah. His friend Robbie Hood brags that Luis always saves the day, and we're thrown over to the Queen of Heart's castle. Her Highness is sitting with a deck of cards, looking as evil as ever, but her demeanor changes on a dime, telling her staff they're doing amazing and they deserve a celebration with tea, cupcakes and dancing guards. This is clearly a new babyface version of the Queen, and we all like her. But as she's detailing the party, her security starts falling asleep. A mechanical little insect is spraying gas, knocking them all out, and that's when Maddix appears. The Queen tells the new villain that it's customary for all guests to ring at the gate, not to sedate the security. Maddox just wants to know where the pocket watches. The Queen of Hearts reminds him of their deal. He could return to Wonderland if he gives up this ridiculous quest for this mythical pocket watch. Unfazed, he demands to know where the vault is. She has one more chance to tell him, or he'll tear Wonderland apart trying to find it. As she starts to fight back, she drifts off to sleep. Maddox declares, now I'm gonna take it and sits in her chair, But before fully passing out, the Queen of Hearts sends a message to Red with one of her magical cards.
Speaker 2: This her cards are like one of my favorite asses of the movie. I love I love them. They are so cool.
Speaker 1: Super cool, definitely. Max Hatter throws Robbie Hood a coin for Sherwood's collection box. Louise tells Max that no one is buying the act, no matter how hard he tries not to be his dad. Now the number one villain in the land, Louis trades insults with the vks and justice. He's about to come to blows. The Queen of Heart's card arrives and is caught kind of coolly out of the air by Red. She reads it with concern. Maddox Hatter has captured the Queen. Come quickly. Felix grabs the card and tussles with Max, who snags it back for Red. Pink shocks everyone magically appearing and freaking out about her mom being kidnapped. She begins to faint, and Louise catches her Very godmother arrives and screams, what the are you all doing? Okay, she didn't what the fluff?
Speaker 2: What the fluff? This was probably one of the most shocking things that has happened to me in the DCON. We've been doing hundreds. It feels like of these movies, what the fluff?
Speaker 1: It's what the yes? Full on, what the yes?
Speaker 2: And I I just I in the Okay, I saw it already. I was already ready for it, right and I could hear I could feel Monroe, who's right next to me, kind of let go oh yeah, Like that was shocking, really not necessary. I mean, it wasn't like a it wasn't like a comedy at like, it wasn't a comedic relief aspect.
Speaker 1: And where does it hitter is my question? I mean, can you say, can you can the new insult be like fluffing birch? You're a fluffing birch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's like.
Speaker 1: They when you start kind of swearing, it's like there's no end to where they're going to.
Speaker 2: It's like when little kids will or I don't even know if they do that anymore, but when I was little, it was like when you'd say frick, like what's the frick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, freaking freakin yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, you're meaning the same thing.
Speaker 2: So it was really weird, and it was even worse for me when I was sitting in the theater, so instead of watching it at home by myself, I was like, I put it down as a Sabrina Sea's like, did we really just do a fluffy way.
Speaker 1: Of saying yeah, yeah you did?
Speaker 8: They did it descending Then when we were in the theater, it was like like, I don't know, I don't know if everyone else was gasping, but I certainly was, and maybe my gas was so loud in my head that I thought that the rest of the people were, but yeah, it was kind.
Speaker 1: Of like, what the fluff? Isn't that amazing? And then she asked, did my pumpkins go rogue? Again? Those stupid she did? She didn't for she just went forward. After that, everyone properly ignores her, and Max and his crew know when to leave. They walk off, while Red and Chloe know that they need to get to Wonderland asap to help. So the girls are now it's Cinderella's castle and Cinderella isn't having this rushed response. There are protocols to follow, of which, by the way, she follows none. Why are you not gathering your soldiers? You have a way? And oh, don't get me started, Chloe explains. But when it's important, rules don't matter, which is what she kind of taught her in the first movie when she was her younger self. Fairy Godmother admits she's concerned too. Maddox has terrorized the kingdom for years with his deranged inventions, and now that he's been banished, he's madder than ever. Uma and the Ordon Council and we only mention Uma. We don't get to see her, and I frankly missed her. I love Uma, Uma and the Ordon Council are coming up with a carefully thought out rescue plan, but they don't break rules even for a good cause, which is ridiculous because Uma is known for breaking rules. The girls are bummed by this voice of reason. In the hallway of Ordon Prep, Max and Hazel Hook can't believe his dad kidnapped the Queen. Max knows he'll be blamed for it and wishes there was a way he could change that. Hazel tells him to stop complaining and do something about it, so Max calls for Feeling and the SMEEs to meet him at the rabbit Hole. Outside the tunnel, Chloe and Red are making their way to Wonderland, disobeying Cinderella and lying to save a life. Redd says she's finally got the mom she always wanted, and now she's put her in danger, and just then Max, Hazel, Felix, and the Smeeze show up. Max announces, I hope your plan includes us, because we're coming with you to Wonderland, but Chloe isn't interested. His crew doesn't exactly align with her plan. Max warns them they need someone that knows how to beat his father, and he's perfect for the job because he is not his father. Pink Luis and Robbie Hood say that three times Fast are also arriving to help. So the full team is set, and with that they enter the tunnel, and frankly, I'm glad it was a big, full team and not just the two of them. Again, like in the first one, I'm glad there was like eight of them that went together. It made the dialogue witty and snappy and a fun kind of relationship between all different characters. I like that. As they fall down the rabbit hole, which is again kind of a cool way to do it, Red and Chloe noticed different versions of themselves in the mirror and they have no idea what any of it means. To point out that Alice in Wonderland is essentially supposed to be an opium trip, and they very much kept to that. They had the mushroom walking around. I was like, oh my god, I'm in high school. Yeah, it was. It was like, there we go. We are back in just crazy, crazy trip, my face off world. But they do arrive in a beautiful wonderland filled with colorful animals like a zebra, giraffe, and assorted flowers. Chloe can't believe Red Ever wanted to leave. Red insists this is not the wonderland she grew up in, and they head to the castle. Hazel asks Max if he's sure they can trust the Redhead, and Max says, of course not, but it's the only way to stop his dad. Inside the castle, the Queen of Hearts wakes up and realize she's trapped in Her cards are nowhere to be found, while we're now out in the croquet gardens and the kids are now trippin' balls. They've forgotten what to do and they are just high as hell. I'm kidding, sorry, but that's what it seemed like. The super team of kids arrive and Pink explains what everything is, pointing out Tickler roses living mushrooms, which is clear just somebody running around in a mushroom costume. So weird that one was it's with Yeah, that's the one where a kind of it. You won't know what this is probably, But in the seventies there was a team called Sid and Marty Kroft and they made these really campy, really ridiculous television shows like Land of the Lost and all these kind of shows. This had a Sid and Marty Kroft vibe to me of the mushroom running around. It really did. For all you kids out there don't know what I'm talking about, Google it and you'll be like, Yep, he's right. They're also figuring out how to get to and I think I'm saying it right, Tolgy Woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's when we see a mecha Dodo bird spying from above, and that's my new insult for everybody, You're such a mechaddo bird. We fade over then to Maddox's house, where Chessie and the Mad Hatter are checking out the surveillance. Maddox can't believe his son could betray him like this, and in retaliation, he turns to the Queen's cards. Back in the gardens, the kids are all noticing something's going on. Purple smoke is starting to fill the air, and Max nos it's his day and again these are all which is one of the things that they say that Alicon Wonderland was written like, is these are all the mushrooms, the smoke, all different drug references that Disney is using to their advantage. But that's what it's supposed to be. We're back at Maddox as he announces the games had begun, and we get our second song, Mad, all about his wrath and the rath he's about to unleash on the world. The track also features Max and the Queen of Hearts. What do we think of his declaration of evil?
Speaker 2: I like this song, I didn't necessarily love the visual really, yeah, the like I get it. He was able to like control it or whatever, but like them, just like it was too much like wooh, we're here. Oh, we're here, We're here, Like it was just kind of like, yeah it. But the song itself is very like cool. I heard the song being played at Oogie Boogie Bash at Disneyland during hall like I can hear it like Welcome to My Man, like as you're like going in. It's such a great villain song. But the visuals weren't the best for me on this one, to be honest.
Speaker 1: There's an Alice in Wonderland ride isn't there at Disneyland, So you know, how long do you think it's gonna be before they change it to a Descendants Alison Wonderland.
Speaker 2: I don't think that one is in the like area. It's in fantasylands, like Old that's.
Speaker 1: Old school so that you don't think they'll mess with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You think they'll keep that totally just as it is and they'll never do Don't you think they'll do some sort of Descendants attraction at Disney?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know, maybe like they might play the music around there or something.
Speaker 1: Like the characters walking around and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, maybe something like that, but I don't know that part of Disney's like Waltz World, like you like they're gonna mess with that. That's where like Storybook Ride is and like all.
Speaker 1: The like first yeah, the old school stuff one.
Speaker 2: So I feel like people would be upset. I would.
Speaker 1: I'd be would even what if they did it as a temporary thing where it's like all of a sudden, this mad Hatter pops on the screen and it's like I've taken over and for like a month it becomes like a Descendant's ride.
Speaker 2: With that, Yeah, like if it was during Halloween something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are really small and short rides though.
Speaker 1: Ya, I don't know, you have to change the whole area, yeah, if it makes sense, and then you just hand out yeah, like at.
Speaker 2: Least it's saying like how they do Nightmare before Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: But see the thing about those like like Tiana's like that yeah Slash Mountain that's wasn't really like and and same with like Haunted Mansion, those weren't really like movies that it was based on before they.
Speaker 1: Didn't well you know, they made a movie based on the Haunted Mansion ride as opposed to the other way around, right, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I don't know, I don't know if they'd have like, like the same thing with the Incredit Coaster was like just the California Adventure. There was nothing that and Credit Coaster like took away. It just like added to and they.
Speaker 1: Just put their theme on there. Yet No, I get it.
Speaker 2: I would be kind of upset if they took away though, like og Alice in wonderlandard tea.
Speaker 1: Bots all right, good cups.
Speaker 9: Okay, So they better not because don't touch it, you don't get to do it, don't change anything, and also make everything more expensive.
Speaker 1: I can still afford it. While he sings, the kids run from and fight off the large dodorboard robots. They eventually seek refuge in a tiny house that has many rooms and little to no logic. It's all controlled by the mad Hatter. It's a real acid trip that almost crushes them to death. Eventually, Maddox takes time away from his attack to tell the Queen of Hearts that he's gonna find her vault if it's the last thing he does. How long everyone suffers is up to her. We're back in the woods. Luise and Red appear out of a door in the ground and have no idea where everyone is. They're surrounded by doors, so Luise guesses everyone is behind them, and then, kind of like an idiot, Red just picks up random keys and doors and assume everyone is fine. But as she does, her crew members start falling from the sky, landing safely on flowers and mushrooms, undetected by Louise and Red, not knowing their return. Red has no luck with the doors, and Louise is frustrated. She's lost somehow in her own kingdom. But she admits she hated Royalty her whole life, and the minute she got a whiff of the fresh air, she's screwed it up for everyone she's ever cared about. She also very much tells him, Yeah, I didn't grow up here bro like I did, but this was not what it looked like when I was here.
Speaker 2: But like, no one goes, what do you mean by that? What do you mean you to grow up here? I don't understand, No, explain it.
Speaker 1: You can't. Time travels very difficult.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: But no one presses her.
Speaker 1: No one, No, there's a lot that they did that's still a ripple from the first movie that shows you how difficult time travel is. That literally makes no sense even in this movie.
Speaker 2: But she has this big like announcement of her lying at some point or whatever, and it's like but like, no one pressed her.
Speaker 1: Nope, Like, what do you mean, what do you mean to go? How is hers? She grew up here?
Speaker 2: We knew.
Speaker 1: You have to keep in mind they all have, but they also all have differen See this is this is the problem with time travel people. They all now have different timelines. So in their timeline they grew up with Red. She was the Queen of Heart's daughter in this wonderland. So the idea that she didn't grow up here, I'm saying, you're one hundred percent right, where everyone would be like, of course you did. I knew. I was at your fourth birthday party at the castle. Yes, you did grow up here. That's what changing timelines does.
Speaker 2: And even like to complicate her in Pink's relationship, like Pink could have been like why do you keep acting like you don't know what's going on?
Speaker 1: And now, oh, don't get me stick because the Pink thing also tore down the line makes no sense, makes no sense, and we'll get into it.
Speaker 2: We're getting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the word. It's like, wait what anyway? Yes, Luise gets it. He knows a thing or two about family legacy, a blessing and a curse. He's Luisa Madrigal's son. He's supposed to strong like her no matter what, red Ass.
Speaker 8: And I was like, oh, that's that's how your Gaston's get good.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? I get this strong thing, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, red Ass. So that's what in canto's about there, it's like a very strong family.
Speaker 2: No, her character, she's like the strongest in the village. So they eat. Each of the family members has their own power and hers his strength, so she can pick up and like she's strong and all of that.
Speaker 1: That's that's a musical too, right, Yeah, okay, it's good.
Speaker 2: I really like that.
Speaker 1: I gotta do a whole deep dive into all those again. I need to have I stopped the toy story three. I still have to see four so I can see five. Red asked what he wants for his future, and he realizes that no one's ever asked that of him before, and we feel a little bit of flirty tension between these two because when hit in the fan, it's time to hook up in Cinderella's castle now, while waiting for an update from Uma or the Council, Cinderella is handed a note the kids have gone to Wonderland. We're back in the woods. Has discovered the Dodo Bird. Just as Red and Luis rear night with the rest of the crew, Pink rushes to hug her still somewhat reluctant sister because she doesn't remember her. She was so worried, but it doesn't seem like Red cares at all. Meanwhile, Chloe welcomes her with a sword, ready to attack the spy Dodo Bird so she can rewire it and stay one step ahead of Maddox. Great plan, but Red runs off to get Max. Chloe tries to stop her, but she's too late. When Red does show Max mysterious Dodo bird. He says they must destroy it, but Chloe isn't so sure, or we can try to use it, which again, great plan. You're also you know that the Dodo birds are following you. You know that they're watching you and reporting back to his dad. Why are you still talking in a full like in front of the Here's what we need to do. See that Dodo bird right there. First we're gonna capture it, and then we're gonna go to the secret path down the back. It's like you're talking into the spy microphone that the guy left, Like what do you do? And like maybe whisper, Hey, you throw a rock at it so it turns it down.
Speaker 2: Matter. At this point, I'm I'm already frustrated for Chloe as well, like no one is listening to her, and she's right, and she's right, like no one's listening to her.
Speaker 1: You've got the mad Hatter's kid who helped you imagine and grew up kind of with his dad in that workshop. You know what, I'm gonna grab that thing. You're gonna rewire it. It's gonna it's gonna lead us right to where we have to go. Great freaking plan. That's a great that's a great fluffing plan, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Well, if Max is the son of Maddox Hatter, didn't he also grow up in Wonderland. Yeah, because they show scenes of them in his workshop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those are supposed to be from because those were supposed to be from this is time travel. Those are supposed to be from the original timeline where his dad was still good, which again makes no sense. Yeah, but we'll get it. This is just stay away from time travel. Red says it's too risky, but Luis has already lifted a tree out of the ground to shake it off. Once that doesn't work, the Smee's get to climbing, but each other not the true and these are the only kids who completely understand that they are on drugs. And that's when Max notices the Dodo bird is calling for his friends. So they stand there staring at it, telling their plan to all the secret Dodobirds. Chloe still thinks they should try to reprogram it, but Max suggest they leave and Red follow suit. The two girls don't seem to be in lockstep as they used to be, as Chloe feels ignored. Meanwhile, Hazel notices Felix and Robbie are missing, and then we cut to a really weird shot of a teacup just floating in the ocean where Felix and Robbie are inside, floating on violet waves, totally terrified. And I guess it's because they went through another door. This, to me, is a very expensive shot that you just didn't need.
Speaker 2: Didn't need. Yeah, and in reality, although it added to And I feel like when I watch the production routines, like the big musicals, it's nice to have more of them. But these two characters, like they leave, they come back you really and I hate to say, because I wouldn't want to take a job from anyone, but like they weren't necessary. They weren't necessary at all. They didn't agree And I don't know, I'm in my head thinking they're going to be important when it's Pink's storyline. That's what I'm thinking. But they could have left at some point and just came back at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they were not gone on the mission. Huh, Yeah, we're gone on the mission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not gone on the mission, But like that's what at some point when they do leave, like they could have just been like somehow returned at the end like it was they really weren't adding to anything.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 10: Hi, it's Jenny Garth, host of the I Choose Me podcast. This week Monica Lewinsky. Yes, that Monica, the one the world tore apart. She's still standing. She's back and done hiding.
Speaker 8: It really felt like it was one of those situations where you literally do or die.
Speaker 10: Monica stared down shame and came out the other side, and she is here to change what you thought you knew.
Speaker 2: And it's sort of not over until we try.
Speaker 10: A conversation that will fire you to choose yourself starting today. Listen to Icoose Me on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: We are back at Maddox Hatters. The villain is still spying on the kids and realizes they're more resilient than he thought. He tells Chessie they can't let him reach the castle, and the cat is of course ready to help. So back at the castle, Cinderella is stressed. She hasn't used the looking glass in years, and it leads directly to Red's throne room, but the council is taking too long and Chloyea is in danger. Something has to be done, so just as she's about to jump through the mirror, a bunch of vines grow and block her way. She steps back concern and grabs her trusty broom. She's on her way, but has to change clothes first. Okay, soon after, we're at the Queen of Heart's throne. Cinderella broke through the vines of the broom and the Queen's excited to see her, but surprised she's in trousers. I don't know why this needs to happen in the movie. The trousers never come back. Also, why the hell do you use your one chance to go? I know, but not really. She just says, I like them, but why not use the mirror you have that leads directly into the throne room to go in with soldiers, grab your friend and bring them back out of wonderland. Like she goes in by herself and they just sit there and have a conversation in the middle of the throne room that's been captured by the evil guy, like, hey, I like your pants.
Speaker 2: Like, well, she didn't really know what was going Oh no, she did. She she did know that.
Speaker 1: She was Yeah, It makes no sense. I'm gonna break into the jail cell and then see a jail cell with you and talk to you about stuff while we wait for the guy to come back. It made no sense from a story point, have a reason where she can't get through or break through and instantly have her soldiers are trapped. I mean, there's so many easy fixes other than just I'm gonna walk in and we're gonna sit here until we're captured, right, And that's what we're gonna do. We're literally gonna sit in the middle of this and have a conversation until we can't escape again. And it was like, are you kidding me? You're Cinderella, like be a bit of bad nothing so nothing, it's nothing Cinderella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does set up for what's next to happen with the two queens, which I appreciate.
Speaker 1: The sat the song Okay, so how is that not as cool a song from both sides of the mirror Cinderella. They're touching each other through the mirror where she can't get through, and there's her friend and they're talking about the old times, and she can't get to her friend because just walking in and going now I'm in jail with you makes no freaking sense. But Cinderella explains that girls are in Wonderland a rescuer, but now they have to save the girls the Queen. I guess that's what they were going for. They were going for, I'm going to come into Wonderland and now you and I are going to escape here and we're going to go and save our kids. But it wasn't set up well.
Speaker 2: But it didn't happen, no.
Speaker 1: Because they sat there having a song instead of escaping, hey, instead of escaping jail, let's do a number. The Queen reveals that Maddox has bewitched the Throne room and see, I'm sorry, I don't want to harp on this, but this is where I'd love to have a real character in every Disney movie where it's just somebody going, really, you're gonna sing, sit here and sing, let's go, let's go. What are you doing? And you know that, to me is the greatest character ever.
Speaker 2: But then that would be really funny. There's gotta be a good villain character. It'd have to be a villain probably, or.
Speaker 1: One of the guards who's just like, you're gonna just sit there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, or like Doc like one of the dwarfs, like you know, like one of the smart characters that's like, this makes no sense. Why you guys are wasting time? So much time is and then keeps going. So much time is being wasted with you guys singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. First you're talking about how you're scared for your daughter's life, but you take some time to put on pants. Then then you break in and when you've got the time to escape, you use that time to do a number. It's like you want somebody just going, dude, what maybe sit this one out, derelic because it's not up here right now, it's not appearing Brandy.
Speaker 2: Don't tell my girl Brandy to sit down.
Speaker 1: It's just like, come on, then she needs to do something. She literally walked two feet and was captured. That was that's thanks for the help. I now have to split my ration with you. You yeah to see you, but I get one plate of food today and now I have to share it with you, Like.
Speaker 2: Thanks, all right, Well I promise you I'll just let you.
Speaker 3: Sit there, thank you, thank you, Yes, knock on the window and I'll be like it's not don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. Then we're just gonna both be trapped like thank you. Anyway, the Queen reveals that Maddix is bewitched the Throne Room and so she's locked inside. What the guy who bewitches things bewitched something? And then speak of the devil? Maddix appears he wasn't expecting visitors. If he wasn't expecting visitors, why did he bewitch the Throne room. Beyond the looking glass, we see Prince Charming is about to walk through, but Maddox immediately blocks the pathway again. Actually, Maddox po witch is the entire castle, so no one's gonna save them now. And I will say this was a piece of Disney magic that I did love. I loved how she embraced her broom and it became kind of like because the broom of her, of Cinderella having to constantly sweep up and do everything that's now like a symbol of her power and her resilience. I thought was really cool.
Speaker 2: I loved that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. Meanwhile, the kids are still on their journey. Red suggests they find a place to hide out until morning, so they picked the beautiful Lomia tree. As they settle in, we see the Dodo Bird is still keeping tabs on them, but luckily they're still giving their plans out loud as the Dodo Bird is there, and of course Chessie is also nearby. Now in the comforts of the tree, Luis wants the hero kids to take the lead. He doesn't trust the vks. Then a ghostly Chessie appears on Hazel Hook's shoulder. He thinks it's time the Villain kids run the show, which motivates Captain Hook's daughter to step up and claim leadership. Then Chessie pops up on Luis's giving him the same advice for the HKS. His plan is, do we know that Chessie's a boy? I don't think we there's no real gender. It's boy or girl, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think there's a gender with Chessie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would like to do this without gender if I could. Then a ghostly Chessie appears on Hazel Hook's shoulder and says it's time the Villain kids run the show, which motivates Katain Hook's daughter to step up and claim leadership. Then Chessie pops up on Luisa's shoulder and gives him the same advice for the HKS. Obviously, Chessie's plan is to build tension between the two groups, and it is working. This leads us to our next song, did you Hear about Them? A battle of strength and bravado between the two groups struggling to be the alpha resident expert. What'd you think?
Speaker 2: I loved this song. This wasn't my favorite number of the cast. I love the song. Though the song was cute, I liked it and I liked it didn't make sense like I don't know, I don't know. I didn't like their working. I don't know, there was something like that was just kind of like, okay, it was isn't like bad in any sense. But I did like the song the music, Like I said, the music's got me. I love the sound track. This wasn't my favorite of all of them, but there's so many of them.
Speaker 1: This is That's okay, I I this this should be my answer. I don't really remember this one. Oh really yeah, I don't really kind of I vaguely remember the dancing, but I can't remember the song as such, which might mean something.
Speaker 2: Well, and then it was interesting to me at the end because Red kind of declares that, like the VK's one and I was like like, why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's every movie for me where there's like a dance off, you know, it's like step up, I'm like, or stop the yard. I'm like, wait, how did who picked who? One? Well?
Speaker 2: No, no, I could do that.
Speaker 1: That's oh but I can't. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I can kind of just like the VK's one. And it was just kind of like they didn't really like I don't know. It was just a lot of more moving. They were moving around each other, moving around each other. It wasn't like a dance battle.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get you now. Yeah. So the song ends with Louis on the ground, but everyone maybe because he's on the ground, that's why they think he lost. But everyone's still smiling and ready to team up with the VKS leading the way. That is until Chessie shows up on pink shoulder, pushing here to fight the new leadership. When she suggests maybe Max is behind all of this with his dad, the few seconds of calculated teamwork is instantly over sending everyone off to their own corners and creating more tension and division between Chloe and Red. Red tries to comfort Max, but he knows no one trusts him because of his dad. Red insists she trusts him and even believes there's some good left in his dad. Max knows his dad is obsessed with the pocket watch because he believes he saw time travel in high school and this trigger's read he probably saw them, but she doesn't say anything. Later that night, and again, if he's been so obsessed with seeing these two girls disappear in high school, wouldn't he recognize that it was Red? So does he know it's the kids?
Speaker 2: Did we get a visual of him seeing the pocket watch situation?
Speaker 1: Yes, they kind of do. They show a flashback of him sharing the.
Speaker 2: Flashback, but we didn't really see that when we saw Rise of Red.
Speaker 1: Right, No, No, they put that in after Yeah, they put that. I thought the same thing. Later that night, Chloe and Hazel talk about their issues with Red. Hazel calls Red the alpha and emphasizes the fact that you can only rely on yourself, further strengthening the wedge between everyone. Just as Robbie, Oh that's right, Robbie's there and Felix, oh, hey, Felix is back return from their teacup adventure, Max realizes how to get to his dad through his beloved invention the urriculum back at the mad Hatters though he's seeing everything and furious with his backstabbing son. He's seeing everything is okay, And this is just I don't know, is the urriculum is the device he's looking in that sees the past president in future, and so if he can spy on them through the urriculum, why why does he need the Dodo birds?
Speaker 2: I thought that the Dodo birds that's how they were, that they were transporting.
Speaker 1: The visual back. And then why can the urriculum look into the past and everything else? He can see everything, but just not where the kids are except for the dodos, right, yeah, okay, yeah, I couldn't understand that. But okay, but I.
Speaker 2: Thought, like, what the what was happening from the point view of the of the Dodo birds is what.
Speaker 1: He's seeing on his pocket? Gotcha? Gotcha? He sends a magic card on their way, making them disappear upon arrival, and transporting them onto a colorful chess board. They wake up, and I love I love a good Harry Potter kind of giant chess set, big fan of that. They wake up tiny, noticing massive butterflies and angry flowers, and when the mad Hatter announces checkmate, the chessboard lights up and an army of knights takes their places. Chessie says they are pawns in Maddox's game and they have to capture the king to escape. Chloree realizes they need to play chess against the knights, and she takes the lead. She knows all about chess strategy. She moves them around one by one, but it's quickly put in her place, criticized for naive moves. To beat the villain, they have to think like a villain, and this leads to our next song, dancing with the enemy. This one confused me a little bit because I didn't. So she tries to really play chess, and that doesn't work. So they fling the guy off the board because she puts him more of the pond where the pawn is supposed to go. So they say, you have to think like a villain. And so a villain's thought is a dance off. Sure, okay, why wouldn't the good guys think of a dance off? Dancing's good again. I'm all for a dance off, you know me. I'll wait and line for a dance off.
Speaker 2: I think in a sense, it's like the heroes and the good guys would think of like playing, like playing by the rules. Like the villains are like, no, we're just gonna fight them, gotcha, Like we're obviously just gonna go and fight.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha. And you can't really fight in Disney. So you've danced, so you dance copy that. Yeah makes of course, Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's their theme song to win. They start the dance battle against the Knights, and it's difficult fight. But the big highlight here is Red. This is amazing to me. Red throws Chloe towards an evil Flower, using her as bait without her knowing, literally almost getting her killed before Hazel saves her. But it makes way for Red to take out the King, the kid. The kids all celebrate the victory, but Chloe's obviously affected by her best friend, Shady Mood. It's like she threw her towards like a giant spiked. I would be.
Speaker 2: Yes, this would be the end of the friendship. There would no need for me to like help you find your mom anything your mom could, your mom could shove it. I don't care. You literally just almost killed me. Yeah, sorry, Red.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, not even like a trust me or you gotta trust me, just throws her towards danger. I mean it was.
Speaker 2: Latter like let's go together, and then like what like day that show? No, no, seriously hard, We're done.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 2: Red, have a great time.
Speaker 1: You literally just tried to Kim.
Speaker 2: I will not be helping you.
Speaker 1: Yep, sorry girl, I agree with you. That was rough.
Speaker 2: That was rough.
Speaker 1: Yep. Meanwhile, back at his makeshift castle headquarters in that Hatter is fear. He can't believe he's been beaten, so he sends a Dodo bird back out into the jungle to finally find that pocket watch. And on the chessboard, Pink and Red find one of Alice in Wonderland's cookies, a cool little callback. While Chloe continues to pout, Max tries to make her feel better, but still feels like Red was going to sacrifice her, which she was he did. Yep. The group decides to eat the cookie, and most return in normal size. Pink keeps a piece for later, but they leave behind small versions of a Smee, Brother, Felix, and Robbie, and again it's like, why did you bring Felix and Robbie now back on the way to it is. It's true, it was just they were kind of unnecessary characters. They were now back on their way to the Mad Hatter. The kids know they'll need to stop and rest. The Dodo is still on their tail. When they eventually make it to the small cottage, it's the White Rabbit's house. He's not home, but he's left a note that says offer an important date be back next spring. So they decide to squat in his house. But Max's other plans. He's going to sneak out and go find his dad. He asks Hazel to cover for him. All while Chloe and Red finally have it out about their issues. Now to crossroads with their supposed best friend, Red takes a walk with Louise in the beautiful, glowing mushroom garden. Red complains all she ever wanted was to leave home and find her own path, and yet here she is in wonderland. Louis encourages her to accept her true self. She'd make a good princess, but again, she is a good princess because he grew up in this timeline where the Queen of Hearts has always been good. So she's always been a good princess. That's the thing that's weird. Then he trips into her arms and they have a romantic moment. Will they kiss? No, they're gonna sing, And it's our next song for once in my life, a poppy duet between two possible love birds, and of course, a singing dancing duet like this between lovers and Disney is the equivalent of third base. So, Sabrina, what did you think of this song?
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the flip. I loved the choreography in this. I loved that it looked very dancing with the stars, like Slash fred Astaire Ginger Rogers like. I just like loved that aspect of this routine. But the song didn't stick with me. I still can't hear it right now. The song didn't stick with me, and I've I've rewatched them quite a bit because Monroe is again on her decendence kick. So that's what my life will be for the next couple of months, yealy until camp Rock comes and then we'll move on. But the song doesn't stick, but the movement I love seeing so much of this like world of Wonderland. And then I loved I loved this duet. They did it great, did it great? They were great partners.
Speaker 1: The choreography in this movie seemed to be a step up from the choreography in the last movie all the way.
Speaker 2: Around from it's a different choreographer.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you can you could tell. I mean it was. It seemed not the same but more Kenny Ortega esque than the last show that with the depth of a lot of the dancing and some of the bigger numbers and even these two dancing together. Just I agree it was very classic.
Speaker 2: But again, I think a lot of that has to do with how big the cast is. We watched the two girls go around the whole time, so we were getting a lot of like duet stuff, and like there's only so much you can do with that, right, and.
Speaker 1: So much you can do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you go trademark. So you know this, This is why I think there might have been some thought of bringing kind of some extra characters that don't have big roles, but like background kind of becoming like, you know, yeah, character background stuff for routines.
Speaker 1: Good idea. We are back at base camp. Pink brings Chloe cake that looks like a teacup Pink is now self conscious that everyone just thinks she's sweet, but Chloe calls her thoughtful. The two girls connect over living in Red shadow Who does Who? Eventually does return, smiling alongside her new boy toy, But instead of being able to bask in her crushes glow, Chloe and Red once again clash. Chloe has had enough, she doesn't feel like a teammate or a friend, and they both admit they're drowning in this new reality. Instead of working it out, their beef just gets more personal. We're back at the Castle. The Queen and Cinderella are still working through the ivy. The two old pals reminisce about their past, and the Queen is upset with herself for letting Maddox return from the Aisle of the Lost. They agree they need to just start thinking for themselves and not just doing what everyone expects them to do. This leads to a song Rita, Aura and Brandy intermixed with childhood flashbacks for a song called The Girl I Used to Be. It's too heavyweight singing together. I'm not even gonna ask you. I know great ballad. I felt the same way. It was awesome. Yep, it was great.
Speaker 2: Finally, because we did not get to hear Brandy sing sing sing, I'm the last one.
Speaker 1: And she can sing sing, she can.
Speaker 2: We gave her this step, and this is what I think we have I myself, at least I have been waiting for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was great.
Speaker 2: Thank you. My list of things that needed to be done, check, got another one check checked, dok. Thank you very much. Yep, I agree, Queen Brandy forever.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. Once the song ends, Max has made it to his dad's to get the curriculum and is immediately greeted by Chessie, who thinks the invention has empowered Max, not hurt him. Plus, the urriculum can answer any questions Max might have about his father, like why he wants this thing so bad? And what did he see in high school? These queries strike up the machine and we see flashbacks. It's the reality before the girls used the pocket watch, when his dad wasn't a villain. And none of this makes any sense whatsoever from a time travel standpoint. You've changed the past. If he could go back and watch what his life was before the time travel, why would he not then stay good? Because he knew he was good then, right, Now, it just gets so convoluted. When you change the past, you've have a whole new timeline. You can't now look into the old timeline and see what it was like. That's just that gets so convoluted that it's like, well then, why why did you realize you were in a villain and you were so close to your son? Why didn't you like that? Why wasn't it just it gets too much, you just have to It should have been flashbacks from this timeline of him seeing the the flash in high school and then being obsessed with the watch so much that at that point. But no, he's still good and none of it made any sense to me. This is where time travel just.
Speaker 2: Gets a flash of seen that it was the two of them recognizing that Choe, that it's them and they have the pocket watch and they had something to do with this timeline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's just that. This is where time travel just gets weird. But he sees that he wasn't the villain, the queen was. He realizes what the girls have done. They ruined his family. That infuriates Max, who destroys the urriculum in a rage. If he gets his hands on that pocket watch, he can make things, make things right. He finds a book of dark enchantments and gets right to work. On the other side of town, Chloe's still depressed, walking among the rabbit houses and singing a new song, Heartless and angst written track where she's eventually joined by Max. It's a song that's filled with revenge and leads to these two deciding to team up again. Another duo, Another song. Would you think there were a lot of songs in this movie?
Speaker 2: This one could have been cut in half for both of honestly, even the one before. As much as I love the Dan scene, I felt like these two songs could have been cut in half right or was.
Speaker 1: There a way to maybe combine them?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, maybe it's the there one dude. The one couple singing about how they're falling in love while the other couple is singing about how they're becoming a villain like that could have been a cool combination or something. I don't know, but I agree with you it could have been. The song ends with By the way, all the singing phenomenal, so good, phenomenal. I'm going to say something that might be a little controversial. I think this cast all around are better singers than the original cast of Descendants. Will I know, controversial, but but I I do. The girl who plays Red has an incredible voice. Incredible, so does Lumani So again, so does lumon so. So I mean there, I would say, as a group, these are better singers than the original cast of Descendants. Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I really remember much of anyone else besides Sophia, Carson and Cameron.
Speaker 1: Who were phenomenal singers by this phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Singers in that regard. I don't know if I agree, But I'm trying to think of the other like when you're saying the full cast, I'm trying to think of the other ones that how much they sing, And I don't think they sing that much.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like they got to.
Speaker 1: It just seem like it seemed different to me. I don't know. I don't know, and I could be wrong. I could go back. I haven't watched the original sentence in a while. I could go back and watch be like, no, I'm totally wrong. Sophia, Carson and Dove Cameron way better. But I don't know. I don't know these seem like they're very strong. It's very strong with Brandy with every I mean it's strong.
Speaker 2: You don't know, No, you do not get to add those two in why not?
Speaker 1: It's the cast of singers. That's why I'm saying. I think it's a better singers than the last one.
Speaker 2: Who played malefis like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: You had you had, uh, Christian Chenno with I get it, I get her Brandy or Kristin Chennow.
Speaker 2: With Oh, they're so different. That's like a Brandy but like Kristen's like Broadway, Like it's different, Like I mean, she brought character to her voice versus Brandy's got just like an incredible.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what I'm hearing. Then maybe it's maybe the original cast seemed more theatrical Broadway Big Yeah, seems more like I want to hear them on the radio singing. Does that make sense? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I think that that is a big difference in in the kinds of musicals that it has now transformed into.
Speaker 1: Right, Like I want to see Maybe that's what it is. I want to see. I want to see Kristin chennw with on stage. I don't want to buy a Kristian Chennow with album Okay, does that make sense? Yeah, so it's and again she's incredible, but I'm not going to be rocking Christian Chenna with in my car whereas I could see, you know, and again not my type of music. But I could see these singers with their songs, putting out albums and listening to it as you're driving somewhere kind of things. It's like a different kind of vibe. So maybe that's all. Maybe one isn't better or worse. You're right, Maybe it is just that they're different styles. Yeah, and the new style seems more hip and fresh than rocks.
Speaker 2: Where are favorite types of style with Kenny Ortega?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, I undred percent Yeah, maybe that's what it is. Maybe better is the rock, Yeah, maybe that's what it is, more modern, Maybe that's what I'm looking for. But anyway, the song ends with Chloe indulged in one of Max's enchantments and putting on a magical blue diamond bracelet, transforming her into a real batty villain with a knife. Apparently she's ready to stab Red, which has it coming after throwing her into the thing. But anyway, no, she doesn't wan to stablish she just wants to take control, and the next morning, Red, Pink, and Luis are waiting for Chloe and Max's return. Pink gets why Chloe is mad. She also feels neglected by Red, and just as they're about to have it out, guess who comes back. It's Max and a mate for Chloe. Skipping through the yard, racing to the Queen's Hedge Maze, Chloe announces she's now cruel, selfish, and ruthless thanks to Max. They flip the switch. They are villains now. Max reveals he knows all about the watch and the damage it did. Red says she never meant for any of this to happen. As the two new villains run off into the maze, with Red and Louise chasing after them. Pink, once again left out, arrives just in time to see the maze close. Inside the maze, Red and Louise try to find the other two, but just keep running into ivy walls. They hear the cackling of Chloe, but the maze is just too big. Louise then holds open a closing wall to help read through, but once she clears it, it closes on him and she promises to come back and then doesn't.
Speaker 2: Never does no.
Speaker 1: She literally sees him at the end and is like, oh, hey, you made it. Never goes back.
Speaker 2: You're so right. She he pops up and she's like you may out and he was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no exactly. It's so good to see you. I want to say, Louise.
Speaker 2: This little baby romance we had over done done.
Speaker 1: Yep, I thought the same thing. Yep. Anyway. Uh. Now, alone in the maze, Red starts to hear voices. It's all the hatred she's caused in the movie. She sees Chessie, who breaks it to her. She asks for all of this. She ruined Max's life, she got her mom captured, betrayed her best friend, and left her dude stuck in a shrub. She's kind of all of that is accurate. Oh I'm sorry a fluffin birch.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Red runs off to feel bad for herself and sing our next song, Hey do I suck a power ballot? No, it's called who I Am questioning her identity and motives is still stuck in the goddamn maze.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: This was a real showcase for her voice. This is the one where I was like, Okay, she can really sing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she can. Yeah, But at this point too, there's that like line of like I'm sort of sing songed out a little bit. I agree, I'm sort of meeting things to start rapping up, rapping up, Let's get to get through this maze.
Speaker 1: You're maz this maze.
Speaker 2: And it was one of those moments that I every time the act, not every time, but this was like remember when I said that about Vanessa Jdgens and high school musical when she was doing her balance or for me when I was doing It's over, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, it's still my favorite, it's my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: You can kite it like she's like throwing against the shrubs, and it's like you're not really believing that you're gonna do You're gonna have to do this, but you have to do it because the directors told you to and the choreographers got it set that you're just gonna throw yourself in the shrubs, but you're kind of embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I agree. By the way, I'm not sure that I told you this a little bit. At my prom I have a giant screen and we're going to be showing your I can't wait. You do.
Speaker 2: I believe you was gonna go over and die in a corner. Don't you do that to me?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 1: I can't wait, It's gonna be great. Once the song ends, she finds a tin case that says Pink and Red's Treasure, and it sets off a flashback of the two sisters as kids playing and eventually running off to the maze and hiding the case. And this makes no sense. She did not grow up with her sister. She would have no memory of her sister. That's the whole point. So the idea that she picks up this case and now remembers growing up in this timeline doesn't make any sense at all. So there are memories that she never made because she's from a different timeline. Return. This is why you don't mess with time travel. Even if the sisters new to her, they have a history. She holds the tin to her heart and yells for Pink. She needs her. Pink. Here's the cry to help, and finally feels needed. She demands the maze open for her, and it does. They rush into each other's arms, finishing the Who I Am Song together. Pink reveals she still has the Alice's cookies in her pockets. She eats a piece and sprouts up twenty feet. Back at the castle, Cinderella and the Queen have finally found some daylight to approach the mad Hatter. He breaks the bad news the Pocket watches almost his Max and Chloe find the vault, which was hidden in the maze, but Red gets there at the same time, now accompanied by her massive sister, which is very cool, who starts stomping and sending everyone through a sinkhole. Red tells Pink to get the others, and now Max can't find the stopwatch Chloe, who retrieves it and looks madder than ever. Red begs her to think this through, while Max tells her to press the button the pain will disappear. It is a real standoff. Chloe scoffs she's not doing this for Max or his dad. She's seen the past. She wants to look to the future, where she will be on top, full of power. She is full villain mode now. Red continues to try and knock some sense into her. She admits she hasn't been a good friend, but she believes in Chloe. If she presses the button, they'll lose everything, including each other. Chloe's heard enough, but yet they're not done singing, Red starts singing We'll figure it out together, which turns into the two friends harmonizing. They grab each other's hands, and Chloe has come to her senses. She pulls the armband off and hugs Red. Back at the castle, Maddox is enraged. Cinderella and the Queen watch from beyond the ivy, telling him it's time to go, but he's not quite done. Throwing one more card through the castle window. It rockets to the girls, knocking down both Chloe and Red and sending the pocket watch to the floor. A nearby concrete dragon kind of comes to life and is ready to attack Max, who's now pinned down by a huge rock. The girl's spring in act to free him as the dragon falls closer to them. Just as Max slides out, the stone dragon crumbles to the floor, thousands of pounds, just missing him. Max realizes the girls just saved him and thanks them. They all look to the pocket watch on the ground and Red picks it up. Chloe wonders what they'll do with it now. Red said there's no going back to the past. The watch has done enough damage, but Red promises she won't abandon Max or his dad, and with that she throws the watch into a well, and I was just I just realized maybe she didn't know the well was there before because the sinkhole opened it up, so this could have been a secret place that she didn't know about before she throws the watch into the well. And here's a voice whisper, fates sealed waters, deep secrets, Here are ours to keep, which is just a really shitty fortune cookie. Mad Hatter. Right, but by the way, if you flipped that over, it said seven nineteen twenty one thirty one sixteen, And now he is even He's now in even more trouble because a twenty foot pink is at the mad Hatter's door. The remaining crew bargain and surround him. Hazel free Cinderella and the Queen. Then a fallen shand of traps the mad Hatter for good. The Queen takes back her cards and uses one to return her castle back to form. Red and Chloe run in to hug their moms. The queens come face to face with the Mad Hatter, furious that he broke into their home and threatened her daughter. She yells off off with your head. Then she gasps, where did that anger come from Very Funny, a call back to the first movie. Just as the guards come to take him away, Red steps in and says it's all her fault. She was too afraid to disappoint her mom and says everyone deserves a do over. The Queen changes course and saves the Mad Hatter's life, but he will stay in custody for now. And by that literally she means he stays in that like, they throw a party and everything, and he's just under the chandelier. They don't even move him to another thing. He's just literally that's where he lies now. Yeah. The mom calls for a tea party to celebrate in the entire cast congregates in the ballroom. Everyone makes peace, from Hazel to Chloe to Cinderella and Chloe to Chloe and Red to Red and Luise, who are now holding hands like a couple. The Queen of hearts toast to the rescuers, both heroes and villains working together. She is forever proud of them. Fireworks are up from the castle and the Fairy Godmother announces it's time to bibity boppity bust, a move which leads to our big finale song, go Live. It. It's all about the idea that if you're perfect or messy or anything in between, it's time to just go and live your life. So it includes everybody in the movie, even the dancing chest pieces. What did you think, big ending number? Do you think they closed it out? Right?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: I need to This is a good one.
Speaker 2: I liked this one a lot. I thought it was I thought it was great. I loved the chance. And actually the actors when I talked to them, they said this was one of the most difficult ones because I see that a lot of the girls were on the table. They were in like kind of heels or high high shoot high heeled boots, and that they I loved it because we are finally seeing them in something different than what they've been wearing the entire movie. Right, I love the costumes in this movie. And they said that actually made it difficult. They were finally like able to like move around in their old costumes and then they had to put these on. It was like again just like justin to trying to like get to like actually move and get used.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, dancing and all these costumes must be tough. But yeah, this is a great I thought it way.
Speaker 2: To end it, super visual, lots of energy and really just like put a great button on the awesome music in this movie.
Speaker 1: I agree hundred percent. As the song ends, we've seen Chessie, who declares she hates happy endings. It's time to start some new mischief. We got to the end of the party, everyone's left, and now our regular sized pink is alone in the ballroom. She notices a shiny object in the floor, which we can't really make out. She happily places it in the tin can of treasures she's made as a kid with Red and then skips off, opening some sort of new mystery for Descendants. Six, Chessie appears again, reciting the infamous line that always ends a Descendants movie. You didn't think that was the end of the story, did you. We get our final credits with some dancing highlights, and that is our movie. What do you think she put in the tin?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, me neither.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did either, frankly, and they'll they'll figure it out as they do.
Speaker 2: Ran one right.
Speaker 1: Can we do some real reviews? Yes? I have the five star this week and it is from Josiah R. Twenty two and keep in mind all these reviews have been written in like the last week, which I love right. Josiah R. Twenty two says, the best movie ever. Please watch this. Please go to Disney Plus and search the movie and go watch it. This movie will be the best. Thank you so much, and don't give it a bad review. This movie has very good soundtracks and music, Thank you so much, thank you. And the rap vibes so good, so amazing. Five stars. Who woo, Sabrina, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Loved it? They loved it all right. This one is the opposite. We've got the one star from Aiden Wade Shirley. Sorry, this movie is genuinely bad. The story makes no sense with this. I love this chat GBT corypt Ah. Why the hell are we flirting with someone we met five minutes ago? This is what you get when you cast a bunch of NEPO babies crazy.
Speaker 1: This is not a one star movie, for the record, no on any stretch of the imagination. This is not any metrics. This is not a one star movie, not at all. All right, so we are now just ready for our feature. Here we go, Sabrina's favorite portion of the program, Our feature. I got five on it is what it's called. We've got the first ever fifth installment in the dcom franchise. So we're playing off the number five, similar to what we recently did for four. We're going to be given a list of things or people and we have to finish that list. So it became the list becomes five. Does that make sense? We're getting four, we have to make it five and three out of five wins. So here we go. Who are we playing with today?
Speaker 2: You have michaela.
Speaker 1: Yay, Mikayla. Here we Gola, number one, Scary Spice, Sporty Spice, Posh Spice, ginger spice, and my fave, who do you got Sabrina?
Speaker 2: Do you have it?
Speaker 1: Of course I have it? She's my favorite week spe of course, Baby's my favorite. Here we go, when when to become? There we go? All right? Number two Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Jackie Jackson.
Speaker 2: And does it have Jermaine?
Speaker 1: They have Dreamaine jack.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, isn't it Tito? Oh yeah, yes, Tito Jackson.
Speaker 1: There we go. Number three Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic, and they're all oceans obviously, yes, what's the fifth ocean?
Speaker 2: Is there a southern ocean?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, yes, yeah, Southern ocean?
Speaker 2: Right, yes, correct?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go Number four sight, smell, hearing, touch, and.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, taste.
Speaker 1: They taste is correct?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we won.
Speaker 1: And here's the last one. Number five. Scooby Shaggy. I should probably read it this way, Scooby Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Wilma. No, Wilma.
Speaker 2: Wilma's the flint stone Velma.
Speaker 1: They have Belma. Yeah, Wilma.
Speaker 2: Scooby is Velma the redhead?
Speaker 1: Nope, we're missing the red orange. So who's the redhead.
Speaker 2: In the purple in the purple dress?
Speaker 1: You're gonna hear it?
Speaker 2: Be like, damn it, I know, I don't know it.
Speaker 1: I'm about to go five for five. Sabrina Daphne.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I really don't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, can we do some Sabrina sees.
Speaker 2: Okay, we did most of my stuff. This is more so like figuring out where we're going with the sixth one. Okay, okay, So there's a couple of things I am wondering if it's possible that Red might be the new villain. You think the reasoning why is in the first one I saw. Remember we talked about it in the last episode with with this movie. Is we talk about how she saw like the future and she's sitting on the throne with like her mom in.
Speaker 1: The Yeah they see her in the right but that was the original timeline, right, well, yeah she changed that.
Speaker 2: Well, but this is what I'm saying. So the the Pocket Watch, So I saw something about one thing because my algorithm algorithm right now is like flooded with this movie obviously, and there was one thing that spun me off, and then it kind of made me start like looking back and like going on chat rooms or whatever, you know, researching a little bit. There's like the time the watch is like sparkling. It doesn't like shut down. It's like sparkling when it's in the water. So like, I'm wondering if they set the time thing, which will probably kill you.
Speaker 1: God, I hope they I think they're gonna I think they're done with time travel.
Speaker 2: Okay, they might be, But if it's is it and it's something that maybe ex screws it back up, because how great would it be if Red came back as a villain, like a true villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they. I think.
Speaker 2: Pinks movie. Yes, that's why she's the one that picks it up. This is gonna be her her story, right, like as in the last one with the zombies, like we picked up new characters, they're gonna take it this next movie. So I think this next movie is gonna be pink and I honestly because the straight hair, so she wears she The only time she has straight hair is in that flashback. The rest of the movie Last Time was with with curly hair. All this movie was curly hair except for when they're going down the rabbit hole. You see Chloe, and Chloe sees herself with straight hair, and then Red sees herself in a mirror with straight hair. So I'm like thinking, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they didn't solve why Red saw herself then, because they didn't see Chloe saw the future that she'd be evil and that came true and Red still saw that same future with me.
Speaker 2: Lisa kind of yeah.
Speaker 4: And my theory is that Leamanni's character picked up maybe that stone from the bracelet that turned Chloe evil because we didn't kill them of castle was the castle.
Speaker 1: She picked it up outside and put it in the in the little in the tin thing, wasn't.
Speaker 4: The party some something, but like she could have dropn something for her or something, and that bracelet just kind of broke. But I feel like when you're talking about time travel, it's like, well, the only person that knows at the end is Matt Max, right that the girl's time traveled, right right, I'm thinking Leamani's character, Pink is now going to figure out that she wasn't supposed to exist and like have her little rage moment.
Speaker 2: That's where my theory was the time travel again, they need to stop it.
Speaker 1: I'm out. I can't. I can't with more time travel, I can't. Now, if they were smart, they would really lean into because there's been years and years and years now where people have wanted them to do another Honey, I shrunk the kids. So if they were smart and you're in Alice in Wonderland, something happens where she takes Alice's original potion, and I think Pink and a group of people become super small and the entire thing is them trying to get back to the castle. Honey, I shrunk the kid's style while while Red tries to save them. That would be I also don't think it's going to be fully Pink's story. I think it'll be about Pink. But if they stick to the regular way they do it, the stars of the of the series get three, so Red Red will still get three, and then at the end of the third one they'll pass it off to Pink and her friends in the news.
Speaker 2: That's that's why I think Red. It would be a crazy switch to have Red then go back and.
Speaker 1: Be but she started evil already. I feel like they'd be taking her back again. Would be weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't. The straight hair to me is like their symbol of evil, and we didn't get an understanding of what ends up happening when she sees her in this mirror.
Speaker 1: Well it couldn't. Maybe it's not a symbol of evil. Maybe what it is is just a symbol of her on the throne. So maybe the next one her her mom gives she becomes the queen and is going to be all about the coronation and maybe Pink. Maybe they're right, Maybe Pink goes in the past or something and sees that she wasn't supposed to exist.
Speaker 4: So another fun plot that I saw that people want to happen is finding out who the heck the other parents are. So they mentioned Gaston like Queen of Hearts hooking up with Gaston at some point, So.
Speaker 2: Is she is he dead's dead?
Speaker 4: Like there's all you know, the one parent for a lot of these people and you don't know the other. Yeah, that's also something maybe they got kind of like how in three she found Hades, but like as her dad, like, could you send the rest of them to kind of figure out?
Speaker 2: That would be cool? That would be cool. Also, I thought of Gaston. The last thing I was was I was going to bring up again how I didn't know Louise was Louise's son, but and I thought he was Gaston's. But then I remember, didn't Gaston die and beating the beast? He like falls off that cliff.
Speaker 1: Yeah you don't. I don't think you don't know the.
Speaker 2: Queen evil queens die and stuff. So it's like they, Yeah, the only.
Speaker 1: One you knew was dead and dead dead dead dead dead dead dead was Mufasa. Like you knew Mufasa was dead, but everybody else it was like he fell but you didn't really see him anyway.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: So that was.
Speaker 2: My main thing was just to see where we're gonna go. Let's see the Descendants franchise.
Speaker 1: I well, now let's score the one we just got our options. This week, we're going to go one to ten, ten being the best. Of course, this week we've got one to ten Horny classmates, one to ten, Rainbow Tabbies, one to ten, robot Dodo birds, zebra drafts, weird SMEEs, one out of ten, trousers, one out of ten, rabbit house squatters, one out of ten stabbers, one out of ten, fortune cookies, or one out of ten bibity boppity busted moves. What do you got, Sabrina?
Speaker 2: I think we should add our one out of ten? Was it fluffing purchases?
Speaker 1: Okay, I love it, one out of ten fluff and purchase, and I believe I have to go first. This time you went first last time. I like this movie. I love to criticize movies and go through a nitpick. That's my favorite thing in the world. I do it with my favorite movies in the world. That's what I do. That being said, I liked this better than the last one, and I didn't hate the last one. I thought this kind of got back to the basics a little bit of descendants. It looked great. I remember a lot of the songs. Some of them are forgettable, but I remember a lot of the songs. I thought the dancing was better, like the choreography was better. So I really liked this and I'm giving this a strong eight point five fluff and birches, and I think it's worth an eight point five fluff and purchas. Cast was great looking forward to the next one didn't have nearly and all the problems I had with this movie or all the nippicking stuff, the vast majority of them still stem from the time travel thing and the first one. Yeah, other than that, I thought it was. It was a very good movie. I had a fun ninety five minutes.
Speaker 2: So what did you say? Eight point eight.
Speaker 1: Point five fluff and burches, how about you?
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, I have to start again saying that I have to veto my own scoring of the last one. I'm gonna take that one to an eight. Whatever we did, Okay, this is a true nine fluff and burchase for me. I think the movie, the choreography, the visual, the set, having so many new characters. Like you said, it just felt more like the old school Descendants movies, and I am here for it. I thought the choreography was so good in this one. The music is awesome. I I know, I'm like making fun of that, like Monroe wants to hear it on repeat, but like I'm here for it. I'm cool, I am right there, like doing the Princess song with her loving to rock out. I don't think the nine is actually a full like reflection because of my experience. I think it's a nine because it's a great nine fluff and burchess movie.
Speaker 1: It's a good movie. It really is.
Speaker 2: I loved it and I had to watch it again a couple of times, and I'm okay with it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: This is all day for me.
Speaker 1: There you go. Well, thank you everybody so much for joining us. Go check out the movie. It is. It's a good movie. It really is a good movie. You should go. You should go look at it. It was definitely better than the last one, and the last one wasn't bad. Next week we are pivoting to another Disney franchise that is Ever Gonna Die, and that is High School Musical. We're gonna recap the twenty eleven spinoff movie for its standout star Ashley Tisdale. It's Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure. One of our favorite characters got her own movie, So make sure to watch it now in Disney Plus and get ahead of our podcast. And until then, we invite you to check out all the dedicated magical rewind feed where just all the recaps and interviews are housed. That's what we've done, We've done a ton of them, and again with this movie, don't forget to go and check out Sabrina's interviews with the cast. They were great and you can really get some insights into the film and they're all ready to stream at any moment. Just subscribe and you're never gonna miss another minute. Bye everybody, Bye,