Speaker 1: So this is mommy and me. Brinn and I have decided to do a podcast. We are going to have a conversation because we often talk about how we have different perspectives on things, like I see it's like, did you ever hear the RAR shock test. No, it's that thing they show a picture of an old woman, but it's I think I showed it to you. But some people see the young woman. Some people see the old woman. Yeah, right, the ror shock test. Like we see things differently, Like I go into your room and I see all your pencils and everything on your bed, and I think it's getting filthy on there, and you think Mom's just a nag, you know what I mean? Okay, so here, what do you see? I see a young woman with a feather at coming out of her head. You see what I see?
Speaker 2: There's nothing else?
Speaker 1: Now there is something else to say. This is the old lady, but I can't see her right now. Oh yeah, that's her big nose, and that's her mouth, and that's her chin. You saw. How fascinating is that you never saw this before?
Speaker 2: I've seen them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting. Okay, so we see the same thing, but you couldn't see the old lady. So what do you think of social media? What do you think of Instagram? Or what do you think of TikTok?
Speaker 2: I like it, it's fun, and you too?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you don't go on YouTube? How often are you on TikTok or Instagram a day? Like two hours all together? Which do you like better?
Speaker 2: TikTok? I? Well, sometimes I watch Instagram reals, but mostly just TikTok.
Speaker 1: But you, but you like being on Instagram more?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why is that? Don't you think it's interesting?
Speaker 2: TikTok for my friends and Instagram for everyone else interesting?
Speaker 1: And what about snapchat friends a chat and TikTok or for your friends? And why if you the things you do like the me influencer and when you review products on Instagram, would you be embarrassed to do that on TikTok? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't do that on TikTok.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, it's like more, that's like business you go to work? Yeah, okay, So what's your favorite thing about me? And then your least favorite thing about me?
Speaker 2: My favorite thing about you is your funny okay, and I like you.
Speaker 1: What's your least favorite thing?
Speaker 2: Like when you like come into a room that I'm in or whatever, and then you like point out everything. You're like, oh you have this, there, you this, They're like you shouldn't do it, like you to change it, and then like it just it's really annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can imagine. Yeah, do you I know what I like about you? Sure that you are very You're infectious with your positivity and your smiliness and like your jois de vive. And I don't like to say what I like list about you, but the teen years which people have talked about, you've been pretty great the whole way, which sometimes is annoying because then you start to believe that, and then and then or I start to believe that, and then you do something that'll disappoint me, and then I'll get really frustrated because I haven't had the same experience as everyone else, like knocking on a desk while we're doing a podcast. But you're a pretty great kid, I have to say you. Do you have the light, You're very sweet, You're a good kid. You're ultimately Do you feel like I'm strict Yeah, one to ten of strictness, Like, but in the world strictness, you think I'm a nine of strictness. Let's hear a few examples this I can't wait for.
Speaker 2: Well, you have all these rules about like me, like you're not being able to walk outside like alone, Yeah, in New York City, which all my friends are allowed to and you like have all these.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, you walk in New York City. I don't I don't control I.
Speaker 2: Know, without friends. You just don't like that.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't want you walking out around in the city without first well, I mean if it was, it depends on what neighborhood, it depends on what time. I mean, I definitely don't want you in the city walking around dark at thirteen years old.
Speaker 2: So that's yeah. I feel like you're just really strict a lot, and like whenever I like do something, like whenever I go downstairs until the kitchen, it's like, like, what are you doing? And then I can't do anything.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes when the kitchen has just been cleaned, you like to bomb the whole kitchen. But also I think I'm strict. When I think I'm strict because I don't let you get away with a ton Like when you do something, I'm like on you about it because I see what goes on with a lot of kids, and many people that I know are having serious problems with their children, and I think that it's because they haven't dealt with it along the way. You can't. It's not parenting. Isn't something you can just do. It's like cleaning up your room. You decide one day your room's a bomb went off, and then one day out of six months you're gonna get garbage bags and clean it. But that's not a sustainable model. You can't go work out hard one day and it's gonna put your body in shape. You have to stay on top of the case. Okay, So what do you want to be when you grow up?
Speaker 2: Probably an artist or an actor or something.
Speaker 1: An actor you're getting into it. Are you gonna take acting at school?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Well maybe yeah? Okay, So let me ask you an honest question. You're growing into ninth grade next year. What year are kids having sex? Tell me the truth. I know you guys talk about it at school.
Speaker 2: I want to know only tenth or eleventh.
Speaker 1: You guys, And are you already hearing about kids in school who are doing like is it reputation through the school?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Then how would you know that that's tenth or eleventh.
Speaker 2: Because like that's like the normal.
Speaker 1: Do kids play spin the bottle?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They do? Okay? What about drinking? Are kids drinking in my grade? Some people in eighth grade? Some kids are drinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And where are they getting it?
Speaker 2: Like their older siblings?
Speaker 1: They're getting it from their older siblings. Are people pressuring each other yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that's happening next year? Like or it's not so the people that are drinking, are they they're going and seeking it or it's because they're being pressured.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Then, how do you know people are drinking?
Speaker 2: Because I just know? Okay?
Speaker 1: What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it's like not old enough.
Speaker 1: I think it's not old enough. Yeah, what do you think about you and I have gone to support together? What do you think about what happened in Tupara? Like with all the kids that we're young, and I don't think it's just ten year olds. But have you ever seen it? And what do you think about it? With all the kids going in?
Speaker 2: I just not needed.
Speaker 1: What's not needed?
Speaker 2: All the things on your face, it's just not needed.
Speaker 1: So you agree with me that it's just too much stuff?
Speaker 2: On your face and also like being disrespectful, like the products is like me and like annoying, and like.
Speaker 1: You think it's disrespectful in the store and to the salespeople. Have you ever seen it happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of kids in Greenwich that do that.
Speaker 1: Really like a lot. It's dirty. So do you so you don't think do you think that you used to think you needed more on your skin? Because I feel like there was a time when you cared about the stuff. Do you think you used to think you needed all this makeup like the highlighter and the primer and the setting spread and stuff that the kid? Yeah, so what about what's your skin? What is your skincare routine? Tell me your skin carerota?
Speaker 2: So on most nights at my mom's house, I do well. I have mostly dermatologists prescribed skincare. So I use this like in the morning, I use like pads to like clean my face and then after washing it, yeah, after washing it, and then I just like thang and like.
Speaker 1: The and it's like it looks like a Bingos stamper.
Speaker 2: And then I put on like a Neutrogena moisturizer or like I really like the drunk elephant water facial okay, and then I put like under eye cream on.
Speaker 1: You put under eye cream on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, school, I have to give super early okay, and then I put last year I'm on, and then for school, like for a normal day of school. Would I wear makeup? What do I wear from makeup?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I would wear like Benetton. I ran out of Benette. I just dropped in my sink.
Speaker 1: By accident, you broke it or this stuff came out. The stuff came out, Okay, I'm sure I have a cheeked for you.
Speaker 2: And I put that on my lips and my cheeks, and then I either put mascara on or I clashes.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like there's a pressure that are there? Girls putting a full beat of makeup on in your grade?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like full makeup some people. Do you think it affects? So? Have you struggled with your skin?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah you did before. Do you feel it was because of all the stuff? I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's just like maybe not cleaning your skin as much or like not like like being like touching your face.
Speaker 1: Or something, not being consistent about your skin. Yeah, right, okay. On one to ten of being ten being secure, zero being really insecure? What do you think you are?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, like an eight eight?
Speaker 1: Do you think you're really secure? Do you follow the trends some if I like them? Okay, let's talk about pop culture. Taylor Swift was coming on tour and it was a thing, and I didn't even know. Paul told me tickets are coming on sale. It's gonna be a big thing. I had no idea. Then started seeing stuff about it, and then I asked you do you care because you didn't like her, and you said I don't care. And someone offered me tickets in a box in Philadelphia and I took them, and thank god I did, because I had a feeling that once it came around, you'd start to get into it. And then once you knew we had tickets, you started listening to all the songs you got prepared for the album lover and like we were off to the races. So how much do you love Taylor Swift?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Are you a Swiftie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Full on? Why?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just like her a lot, and I like all the eras and like how they're all different, and I just like all her songs, like nice, What.
Speaker 1: Did you say last week about something about her work ethic or Japan?
Speaker 2: Oh? She like she learned all of her songs in Japanese when she went on tour in Tokyo.
Speaker 1: And didn't you say she's impressive? I thought it was. Yeah, it was impressive that you said she's impressive. You're impressed, very impressed. What do you think about her and Travis?
Speaker 2: I think I don't really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tell me the truth, tell the truth.
Speaker 2: I think it's like I don't see it.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I don't think I see it either anymore. I mean I never really did, but I think I why do what.
Speaker 2: I really see? I like Alex Earl and her boyfriend Braxton.
Speaker 1: Do you like them but like forever? Like to get married?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think they're cute together. I like it.
Speaker 1: Really, you're a little Alex Earli. You're a little Alex Early. Your mixture between Alex Earl and a Hailey Beaber, which is not a bad thing in twenty twenty four. Wait, so you like their couple goals to you? Yeah, because they're like silly and cute. Okay, what is one thing I am good at? And what's one thing I'm bad at You're not good at volleyball, right, okay, guilty, No problem. I don't think I've ever played volleyball.
Speaker 2: Like when you play with me, like sometimes you like click funny.
Speaker 1: I do look funny. You have blue braces coming out of your teeth, so you look funny too.
Speaker 2: And we were playing I got a public beach.
Speaker 1: We want like a public beach.
Speaker 2: We were playing like a hotel beach where people were watching, And I like, I was good, so weird?
Speaker 1: Why did I look weird just because it was me doing it? I'm very athletic, by the way, you.
Speaker 2: Look just so weird while you're doing it. Why why basically weird weird?
Speaker 1: So you're not interested in it. But I didn't like it turned you off? That's ick. That gave you the ick me doing volleyball. You don't want me to do that anymore. This is great, that's amazing. No, I don't like. I don't need to do it, and I'm okay. I'm okay without doing it, no problem. That's hilarious. What is your favorite item in my closet?
Speaker 2: Or what do you one thing I'm really bad at.
Speaker 1: You're really bad at. You're really bad at keeping it together when something goes wrong, like you're you're really bad at achieving balance under pressure, Like when there's a situation like there's a test coming?
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Are you making a joke? What was that? What was that? I don't even understand what was that? Okay, you had basketball? You you? I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You had you had she she I'm out now Okay, yeah what I think? What anything that you're about to do? If you're not great at immediately you get extremely macro and frustrated and think it like defines your whole life. Mm. Yeah right, You'll say, I'm real, You'll cry that you're very stupid if you can't answer, you know, some questions that you're not supposed to know. Oh do your Alexis impression? Please?
Speaker 2: I think some people should see other people, but I don't think those.
Speaker 1: People should they You do love that sitting there?
Speaker 2: Do you love that journey for me?
Speaker 1: Do you have an embarrassing mom story? The time that I've embarrassed you more than ever besides volleyball?
Speaker 2: Does that have to be about you? Can it be someone else who embarrassed me? Like I'm like, I'm like thinking and you said allah, maybe me think of something.
Speaker 1: Sure, just do we know this person?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Who is it? Are they gonna get mad that you say it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: One time I was out a volleyball twitterment and my grandparents we're like walking through like my team or my team is and my middle name is Casey. And I don't know why they did this, but they're walking past my team and they they're just like standing there and they talked to my random teammate and they're like, is her name Casey?
Speaker 1: Whose name is her name?
Speaker 2: And they were like, is her name Casey?
Speaker 1: Why would they ask?
Speaker 2: I don't know what they were doing. They were not any funny or something, and they were like is her name Casey? And I wanted to die but I don't know. I don't know either. And then they were like and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: It's what about when I asked that eighth grade told that eighth grader he did a great job. O God, that was not okay. That was not It's completely okay. I said you did a I said great job and you and you freaked. And then someone came up to you and said, Brent, great job, thank you.
Speaker 2: I know because that you said great jobs to someone who was like in the grade above me. But I said, but someone like said like but it like my friends said great job me because they're my friend, and.
Speaker 1: But who can How was that scared?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What could happen?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What would be scary? I said to an eighth grader that I didn't know is an eighth grade? Great job? Why could that be scary?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What could be the consequences of that? What? I just want to understand.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't love it. Remember when you bombed in front of that girl?
Speaker 1: I did bomb. I did tell it on this podcast. When I bombed, I just went out. I forgot. There's a moment when they become like they go from like children to teens and you don't know in that moment they call it tween. But it's like not that clear because like one day it's not baby sports and like it's sports that matter, and one day it's like you can't. You could never bring them like a balloon at school if they did a concert or something, or flowers, which I thought I was gonna do. She had a concert and I said, can I bring I'm gonna get you like flowers or something. She had a panic attack. She freaked out, like I was giving her like smiley based balloons all the day. She got her first period at school. But I came into school to go to see her concert outside and there's a girl that lives down the street from us, in the Hampton's, so it's a convenient for Brin to be friends with her, and I said, I know her mom. We were talking and I said, oh, yeah, like brit Irin Brynn are in the same class or like a brand know each other. She looked like a boomerang looks her head spun around, like what the ever are you doing? And I go, oh my god, oh my god. I was like, I got I don't know, I don't know what just happened. I thought you were like a kid and like Mommy and me on the like the little chew chew rug. It wasn't good. It wasn't great. Am I cool?
Speaker 2: I feel like you are.
Speaker 1: To your friends at school? Some what does that mean? Some friends think I'm not cool? The face she's making her eyes, It's okay, I'm gonna be who doesn't think I'm cool? You don't have to name names, but like a boy or a girl, some girls don't think I'm cool, And tell me why that's okay. I want to hear I.
Speaker 2: May not be cool strict.
Speaker 1: Some girls think I'm strict.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Great if you saw what the people wear the mitzvahs in her grade, Am I wrong? Those like slutty vegus little like tight spandex dresses. They're disgusting the face she's making. What's what comment? I'd like to hear your answer.
Speaker 2: Dressed like that to one of them?
Speaker 1: You wore a dress like that's not like, not bad? But the black one, which one? The white one? The red one? Was I with you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: So you're one of those girls I need not It's just you didn't do you really know?
Speaker 2: I didn't. I'm okay. It was like I feel the red one I also wore on Halloween, like with my costume.
Speaker 1: Kind of yeah, that one right. You flew too close to the sun.
Speaker 2: I didn't fly too clothes. I flew like right there.
Speaker 1: That's that's what that's what too closes. You didn't fly into the sun. You didn't burn. I was toasty, okay, you were toasting, all right? Do you do you feel good about it? Or you don't like it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna do it again?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so one of your friends thinks I'm strict. Great, I'd love to be district. The rest of them like you, though, well, some of them listen to my podcast. Yeah, it's the boys that listen to my podcast.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Is there any part of like having a mom that's public that's not great for you at school?
Speaker 2: No, it's all aces or actually, yeah, I had like weird in a video or swaying. Someone will like screenshot it and then and to me it's like weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, but all in yeah, okay, great, Okay, have do you? We cannot lie because we have lie detectors. Have you had your first kiss?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: No, like an real kiss?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Where did it occur?
Speaker 2: It occurred about Mitzvah?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Was that about Metzpah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Was he there about mensa at my friend's house.
Speaker 1: On a Friday, one of those Friday friends things?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? Was it memorable?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was it that person's first kiss?
Speaker 2: Also?
Speaker 1: I think I don't know was it that person's first kiss?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: So yeah, are you still friends with this person?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You're not friends at all? Why? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Kind of? Actually?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you write now? Have any crushes, be honest. No, okay, yeah, they're very in a boy free environment right now. They're in a crush free environment right now. Okaymar this off, it's on. That's why we're doing podcasts. If we had matching tattoos, what would they be.
Speaker 2: I want a heart on the back of my neck.
Speaker 1: You think that's a cute idea in theory, or you're saying you want that. I want it, Okay, I love you so much and so deeply, so let's go get it. So if I said we could go right now to get tattoos, you'd say, let's go get it at thirteen brand. No, you would go right now and get a tattoo, but that's going to be there for the rest of your life. Yeah, hold on. If I said to you right now, we're getting in the car and we're going and we're getting tattoos, you would say, yes, yes, we should. No, but then it would be there forever.
Speaker 2: Yea, I would, I would say yes, let's go.
Speaker 1: Would any of your friends say, yes, is this the thing kids are doing like now?
Speaker 2: I want to?
Speaker 1: It would so that would be you being a leader. Nobody does anyone in your great of a tattoo can we get one?
Speaker 2: I don't. I can be the first one.
Speaker 1: You could be the match something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only do the heart of the back you were doing too.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you were gonna get a match to get your bubber band. It's just an expression. Remember that song.
Speaker 2: I know if we acted, that would be so stupid.
Speaker 1: If we got a match off of a TikTok sound, Yes, it would be stupid. It would be No, it's if it would be the cash something fine, I forgot you imagine you can be the cat yeah, yeah, whatever. I okay, I'm the reporter.
Speaker 2: Baby. You can hear the cigarette and I'm the smoker.
Speaker 1: All right, Why don't you guys cigarette on the back of you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I want a heart. I feel you do that.
Speaker 1: It would be great. So you want to do that, just like when we got Russian nails, the first gel manic. You're two days off. They were off. Oh yeah, no, it's certainly tattoo.
Speaker 2: They want one.
Speaker 1: Let's go do today. You want to blow off your testomer and spoke at tattoos today.
Speaker 2: It's a reward for doing. Oh, a reward.
Speaker 1: It's a reward.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: How big is the heart? We draw it here on the page. You should draw the heart you're gonna have, since you're an artist's be perfect. No, you want that big on the back of your neck. Okay, maybe not that big.
Speaker 2: But I don't know why. You're just like being aggressive.
Speaker 1: I'm being aggressive. Okay, you want that? Yeah we do? Sure?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know after I don't think so. But because if you like me, okay, well maybe I don't. Okay, who would you rather have lunch with? Adam Sandler, Taylor Swift or Olivia Rodrigo?
Speaker 2: Not only we go? I don't Saylor Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: You have to pick one?
Speaker 2: Yes at your time.
Speaker 1: No, we're picking one. That's really hard. You know who it is. I know who it is too.
Speaker 2: I know it's Adam Sandler.
Speaker 1: You'd pick that's a big statement. Everybody you'd pick Adam Sandler over Taylor Swift. You'd pick Adam Sandler over Taylor Swift. Sure, I'm not forcing you to eat spinach. I'm just asking the question. Okay, I guess we're doing. Actually no, maybe Taylor Swims already met Adam Sandlor. Know where I we go? But who do you want to hang out and be friends with?
Speaker 2: A Yes, I don't know, Adam Swift, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, you're excused, what's the favorite TV show that we've ever watched together? I know my answer? What no, that we've watched together? That was an experience, but.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you.
Speaker 1: Know I've got it. You didn't want the OC. No, you didn't want to watch Ship's Creak when you were younger. I was. I was clipping her nails, and so.
Speaker 2: She's it's not one, it's one creak, but I don't think it's I don't think it's But.
Speaker 1: I had to tie you down because I was clipping your nails. And in the background, Shit's Creek was on. She didn't want to watch it, she didn't like the title. She wasn't into it. And in the background, Shit's Creek was on, and she started watching and then she got hooked. And that was our pandemic show. Yeah, and then One Tree Hill. Yeah, we started Manifest. We started Manifest. You hated you know, you hated Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 2: Dawson's I forced myself. I hated it. It was just so and a lot of people don't like Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 1: Oh really? And Glee we checked out me too.
Speaker 2: We didn't finish.
Speaker 1: We didn't finish New York era, but we love Glee all right. I love you. Go go live like okay.
Speaker 2: I love you. You took all my high.
Speaker 1: That wasn't me, that was me. I didn't touch your stuff, No, you left them here because you take my tests down here. I love you, oyeah, that's okay. I love you to love you.
Speaker 2: Bye,