Speaker 1: Welcome to today's edition of the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show podcast. Welcome in Tuesday edition Clay Travis Buck Sexton Show. I appreciate all of you hanging out with us as we are rolling through the post Memorial Day weekend festivities. We want to again, as I said on Friday, reiterate to everyone out there who's family friends have made the ultimate sacrifice that the reason we all have the freedoms we do every single day is because of the sacrifices so many have made throughout the course of nearly two hundred and fifty years of American history. We will talk some about that. I had a spectacular weekend trip to the NDY five hundred. I had never been before. Thanks to the Good Ranchers crew for taking me there, Ben and his wife Corley. We had a phenomenal time running all around with them. I think there are videos up at clayanbuck dot com you can see the incredible time that we all had. I met a lot of you in the Indianapolis area, and there's three hundred and fifty thousand people there, so quite a bit of you had to be Clay and Buck listeners OutKick readers, Fox news viewers. Not a surprise that there would be a lot of you that we would run into during the course of that weekend. It was awesome. Hospitality was fabulous in Indianapolis, and so I appreciate everybody who said hi, and the Good Ranchers Crew, Good Ranchers dot Com code Clay. Those guys are doing amazing work. You get forty dollars off if you go there. But they have a fabulous business and they're awesome people. So I think you guys will be hearing more and more from them coming forward. But we had just a spectacular time. Want to tell you Buck is out by the way, has the flu and he's hoping to be back tomorrow. So he will be back tomorrow. I will be out. I'm going to go to this new Universal Studios park with my kids. We're going to be on the road for a few days. School is finally out, so I'm going to be on the road with my kids taking him to that amusement park, which my wife's probably not happy that I just announced, but that is where we will be for the next several days. So they have opened a brand new Universal Studios park, and my kids were excited for the roller coaster. So that is where Dad and Mom are going to be here. But Buck should be back tomorrow, says he should be back healthy. But that is where he is today. So I want to dive into There's so many different stories that are out there. Riley Gaines, by the way, is going to join us midway through today's program, and she is going to do that because Trump has really taken a two by four to the state of California over men being allowed to participate in women's sports. And we will talk about talking about that with her in the next hour, as that has turned into a major issue in Gavin Newsom, who still has an open invite to come on this program but has somehow not found the time, said it was very unfair, completely unfair, I think was his phrase, to allow men to compete in women's sports. Well, it's happening and at the state championship level of California, and the President has called it out. We got a lot to talk about during the course of the program, but I want to dive into a couple of stories that I thought happening over the weekend and earlier today were representative of the lies that so many of us have had to deal with over the last four or five years. And I want to start with good news. It's good news if you didn't get the shot. Those of you who had to get the COVID shot are still furious, those of you whose kids had to get the COVID shot to go to college or wherever it was. The Health and Human Services Secretary Robert Kennedy, I believe the CDC Director Marty McCarey, who we need to get on the program. We had him on a lot during the COVID era. On this program. They announced this morning that they are removing the COVID shot from the recommended vaccine quotation marks. For those of you watching on video, the recommended vaccine shot lineup, and we have that audio. This just happened in the last hour or so. Listen to that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't be more pleased to announce that, as of today, the COVID vaccine for healthy children and healthy pregnant women has been removed from the CDC recommended immunization schedule. Last year, the Biden administration urged healthy children to get yet another COVID shot, despite the lack of any political data to support the repeat booster strategy.
Speaker 1: In children. That ends today. It's common sense, that's good science.
Speaker 3: There's no evidence healthy kids need it today, and most countries have stopped recommending it for children.
Speaker 2: Or now one step close you realizing President Trump's promise to make America healthy again.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's an extraordinary part of our national story. Now that this shot which they told you would prevent COVID from spreading, which they told you that you had to get or you were going to be fired from your job, think the Lord the Supreme Court stood up against it, Joe Biden. Remember, maybe we can grab this audio because I know a lot of it gets memory. Hold said that his patience was running short for those of you out there that had not gotten the COVID shot, like me, that we were going to experience a winter of death. I remember seeing that comment while I was chilling on a beach in Florida and thinking, Yeah, the wins or a death's not that bad down here in Florida right now. I think I set out a tweet about it, and you had to joke about it because it was so infuriating that anybody was being forced to get this COVID shot. Buck was forced to get the COVID shot to go to his brother's wedding in New York. You couldn't go to McDonald's some parts of places like New York and la I never got the shot. I feel fortunate that I did not. I feel fortunate that my young kids did not because it was never mandated for them. But I know a lot of you felt that you were obligated to get it. And it is just completely indefensible that this entire era has been allowed to happen, and that many of the people that wagged their finger and lectured you about the COVID shot are now just pretending they never said any of the things that they did. And I want to hit you because I do think it's important with the data here, and I would say that many of you are listening to me today and listen to us on this program on a regular basis because you are still angry about what they said to you during COVID and what they tried to do to you. Remember this poll, This was from the rasmuscin and it broke down percentages of people twenty percent, sorry, nearly sixty percent of Democrats in January of twenty twenty two. This is January of twenty twenty two believed that the unvaccinated people like me and many of you listening right now and UNCOVID shotted because not really a vaccine. Sixty percent of Democrats believe that you should have been fined if you refuse to get the COVID shot. This is crazy. Nearly sixty percent of Democrats believed that those of us who didn't get the COVID shot should be locked at home. This is nearly over. Forty percent of Democrats believed that those who didn't get the COVID shot should be sent to quarantine camps. Should your children be taken from you if you are not getting them the COVID shot? Thirty percent of Democrats said yes. And for people like me and buck Over, about fifty percent of Democrats said that people who criticize the COVID shot should be fined and imprisoned. I shared that audio, that clip from that poll yesterday because it says if people want to pretend all of this never happened, and I see it. In conjunction with Jake, Tapper went on with Piers Morgan, and Piers Morgan asked him about the Biden cognitive and physical decline cover up and Tapper now, who had a show on CNN for the entire Biden administration. He now says, you know, in many ways, the cover up of Biden's health, physical, goal and mental was worse than Watergate. Listen to this.
Speaker 4: It is a scandal. Yes, it is, it is, it is. It is without question, and maybe even worse than Watergate in some way because Richard Nixon was in control of his faculties when he wasn't drinking. We quote Archibald Cox, who was a Watergate investigator, talking about how powerful the presidency is and how presidents get surrounded by people who have a vested interest in keeping that president propped up.
Speaker 1: Okay, worse than Watergate, and by the way, I think it was worse than Watergate. The decision for the media to not cover Biden's mental and physical decline, and now the COVID shot being pulled for kids. Let me ask you a question, how can anyone trust anyone in legacy media at this point if they told you at CNN, MSNBC, AB, NBCCBS, Fox did not buy and large, but the Washington Post and the New York Times, all of those major legacy media outlets that I just ran through, if they all told you that your kids needed to get the COVID shot or they were in danger of death. And if they all told you that Biden was the best mental and physical version of himself, and that anybody criticizing him was spreading disinformation and misinformation, how can anyone trust these people? Again? How can you if you worked at all those places and you got the two biggest stories maybe of your career COVID And I'm not just talking, by the way, about the shot, but now that the SHOT's being pulled for kids, I do think it's important to point out that they tried to force kids to get the shot in order to be able to go to school in many parts of the country. Now that they're pulling this shot, and now that everybody suddenly says, hey, you know what, yeah, Biden mentally and physically he wasn't up for the job, how can anyone Those are the two I would argue, those are the two biggest stories in the last certainly twenty years. If you go back to nine to eleven, what has mattered more than those two things? COVID and Biden's mental and physical decline. They got all of that wrong. How do they stop jobs? How do they still have any audience at all? How in the world do these people still have the ability to make a living. We get things wrong as part of being human. All of us are imperfect. But if you listen to this program, many of you did what I did and didn't get your kids the COVID chot. I didn't get it myself. Many of you knew early on that Biden didn't have the mental and physical capacity to be president. Both of those things we've now been proven right on on this program. In an honest, transparent, fully cognizant media universe, this show would do as it has continue to grow, and the legacy media buy and large would collapse. And you know what's happened that over time, all that matters in media is trust. Do you trust people to be honest with you and analyze complex situations and give you, to the best of their ability, good advice to discuss complex issues in an intelligent fashion. That is the goal to me of anyone that sits behind this mic, of anyone that talks to a large audience. Every single day. We passed that test here. Now, make no mistake. What they are attempting to do is memory hold the entire COVID era and pretend that they never could have known better because the experts got it wrong, not them. And then the thing that they're actually experts in, which is theoretically politics and analyzing presidents. They're claiming that they just couldn't see past the incredible cover up that the Biden administration has put in place. I would submit to you that you should not let them off the hook. You should remember this failure for the rest of their career. And I would also submit to you, you know who the biggest advertisers are on CNN and MSNBC buy large drug companies. Do you think it was coincidental that they whiffed on the value of the COVID shot when all of these drug companies were spending hundreds of millions of dollars billions of dollars to advertise on their programs. I don't think so. And this is one where I think RFK Junior, who's a lifelong Democrat, is actually right. Why in the world are they accepting all of this money for prescription drug advertisements on programs where they regularly have to cover prescription drugs, and whether or not they're necessary, I would submit to you it's not a coincidence that the prescription drug companies got beneficial coverage while spending hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars. And then we all know that it wasn't that they got fooled, it was that they aren't actual journalists. They are propaganda's stooges for Democrats, and they weren't willing to tell their audience the truth about Joe Biden until it became clear Biden was never going to be in power again. We'll talk about all this, but I think the conjunction of these two stories coming together is actually a moment of reckoning for the legacy media, which is leading to many of them being destroyed. And I think this is such a huge story that I think it needs to be hammered home, and we'll have some fun doing that today, among many other things. But I want to tell you also, supporting the people of Israel more than just a belief. It's something we do on this program. It's something that I traveled to Israel to see for myself in December what exactly the organization, the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, the IFCJ was doing. They're on the ground in Israel every day, blessing lives in real tangible ways, feeding elderly Holocaust survivors who have nobody else. They're building bomb shelters to protect school children from rocket attacks. I've seen it all firsthand. They are helping to protect the innocent people from the dangers that living in the Holy Land creates. When you give a gift of forty five dollars to the IFC IFCJ, you can help provide food, shelter and more for those in desperate need. You're putting faith into action right where it's needed the most. Call eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ. You can also visit IFCJ dot org to bless Israel today again, that's IFCJ dot org eight eight eight four eight eight if CJ fuck not feeling well, He'll be back tomorrow. I am rolling solo with you here on the Tuesday after a Memorial Day weekend, and we have been breaking down a lot. If you missed it earlier today, the COVID shot has been pulled off the recommended shot list for kids and pregnant women. A lot of you out there are saying, finally, and you're very thankful that you never got any of the COVID shots for your kid or yourself, or you are resentful that because of where you were going to school or where you worked, that in order to maintain your employment or maintain your school eligibility, you had to get the shot. And we bring in now Riley Gaines. We got a lot to dive into with her. But Riley, let me take you back in time with COVID for a minute before we get into the craziness of the sports universe in terms of men competing as women. You guys, you were a University of Kentucky SEC champion swimmer. What do you remember about what you guys had to do during COVID, because I think a lot of this is just getting totally memory hold. If I remember correctly, you guys had to wear masks sometimes between laps or craziness for swimming. What was it like even at UK?
Speaker 5: You know, saying it out loud now you almost forget you lived it. You almost forget the insanity, the nonsensicalness of it. COVID hit, of course, in March of twenty twenty, which was the end of my sophomore year. Bar the fact we were robbed of an NCAA Championships that year, which, of course, is the meat you work all year, so it's the meat you work all your life. For about three days before we were supposed to leave, that meat was very suddenly and swiftly canceled. We were sent home for a few months. We eventually got to come back to school, and upon returning, of course, it was the immediate mandatory vaccines. It was the contact tracing. I mean, they made it miserable. We couldn't go to class. They told us me specifically, being that I was the team captain. They told me I had to get the vaccine or else I'd be hurting my team. But of course this didn't sit right with me, right, being young, being healthy, I had already had COVID at that point, which, being a biology student, I understood the antibodies to be the most natural and best form of immunity. So I pushed back on this and I said, no, I don't, to which I said, well, can you define mandatory for me? And that is when they lost the plot. It was almost as if they hadn't prepared for what to say. They weren't given a script of what to say when asked this question, and so that's when they responded back, well, we really mean highly suggested. And I said, well, you can take that and shove it because I'm not getting the vaccine. But let me tell you, Clay, the rest of my collegiate career, so all of my junior year, all of my senior year, they made it miserable for me. Had to go to testing every single week. They made it at five am to make it what they described as inconvenient for us. I had to wear a mask in the weight room. We did have to wear a mask in between laps when we got out of the water on the pool deck. I mean we essentially waterboarded ourselves every single day for the next two years.
Speaker 1: You had to wear mask between laps in the pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they tried everything. I mean they thought of things like, well, we'll have some people start on one end of the end of the pool, We'll have other people start on the other end of the pool, will alternate lanes. I mean, like I said, none of it made sense. Again, and we're playing a sport. We're in chlorine, right, which is going to kill any sort of you know, germ or whatever it is. So all of it, from top to bottom was utterly ridiculous, and we all recognize it to be true. But I will say people got the vaccine out of convenience to make it easier for them to be able to compete. I remember they sat me down and they said, Riley, you know again you're the team captain. We have a big meet against University of Alabama, a big SEC rivalry. You're not going to get to go if you don't get the vaccine, to which again I just I knew that was BS, and so I said, that's fine, I won't go then, And of course I got to go to University of Alabama. No, I never got the vaccine, and.
Speaker 1: I bet you're glad that you did. And let me let me kind of build on this too. So many young people. I think I started off the program talking about the lies that we're told about COVID, and I think certainly the lies that we're told about Biden. But you mentioned something that I think is important. I know there's a lot of people out there listening that have kids' grandkids may have happen to you out there listening as well. I still can't get my hands wrapped around it totally. You were around twenty right in March of twenty twenty when all this chaos started. Roughly, that's right, that's right. Can you imagine if you had been sixteen instead, because it sucked for you at twenty, But imagine that it is March of twenty twenty. You are gearing up for whatever spring sport you're involved in in the country. Right now, you're gearing up for your junior year prompt in prom season. All that sixteen seventeen eighteen. I talk now to kids on college campuses, Riley, and I'm sure you too. In many parts of the country, these kids went home in March of twenty twenty as sixteen year olds, and they basically didn't see the kids they went to high school with in a big group again in many parts of the country, until they graduated and the next year in June of whatever it would have been twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two some of these places. So you miss your junior year, end of year, You miss everything that happens during your senior year. For everybody out there listening, think about how transformative usually you're sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year old era is. It is not surprising to me that there are so many kids out there that are angry about what was taken from them. You're close to that same age. You're on college campuses all the time. Do you hear that from kids today?
Speaker 5: I hear that all the time, not only from my peers, from my friends, from people I had classes with. But Clay, I've got a younger sister and a younger brother. My brother was about that sixteen year old age group during the time of COVID in twenty twenty, and he was in the middle of its football season. They were on pace to be state champions. He went to Donaldson Christian Academy. That all of that was taken from them. My little sister, she was in middle school transitioning to high school. I mean, it was horrible. My oldest sister, she graduated college from Ole Miss in twenty twenty. So they had this virtual graduation where she got to walk the stage so they called it virtually where everyone sat on zoom. It was the craziest thing. And even now, again let's say four years post COVID era, the way the educational realm has changed is I mean transformative. It is totally different. My sister's high school experience again, she's will be a junior next year in high school. Her experience now is totally different than when I was in high school. Granted now it's getting kind of up there, what eight or so years ago, but even still totally totally different experience that my younger sister has had compared to the experience that I had in high school.
Speaker 1: So the data is out there that young people overwhelmingly broke in the direction of Trump in twenty twenty four. Young men in particular. You mentioned you have a brother. I've got three teenage boy, two teenage boys, one ten year old. But I see it from all of them that they're just fed up. They're angry, and I think it's not only COVID, it's the lies that they were told. And I want to share this. Earlier today, Trump sent out a truth post and said California, under the leadership of radical left democrat Gavin Newsom, continues to illegally allow men to play in women's sports. This week, a transition male athlete at a major event won everything now qualified to compete in the state finals next weekend. As a male, he was less than an average competitor. As a female. This transition person is practically unbeatable. This is not fair, totally demeaning to women and girls. He then out the Governor Newsom, who has said is unfair. He says, I will speak with him today to find out which way he wants to go. In the meantime, I'm ordering local authorities, if necessary, to not allow a transition person to compete at the state finals. This is a totally ridiculous situation. Can you believe years after you swam against Leah Thomas? Now what three years ago, if I remember correctly, that we are still in a position where, if anything, Democrats have hardened their stance on this being okay.
Speaker 5: You know what, Clay, I truthfully imagined. I knew this, of course would be an election issue, it would get us through November of twenty twenty four. But I really believed that, of course we would see this red wave, which we saw, and I believed after that the Democrats would slowly begin to recant, to distance themselves from their voting records, from their positions they've taken on totally outland is crazy stuff such as men and women's sports. But that is not at all what they have done. They have double, tripled, quadrupled down on this insanity. I love how Trump words that he is still plain in his language, of course, which is another reason why I think specifically young people love him, are drawn to him. He's so authentic. He says, as a male, he was less than an average competitor. And that's so true. That is virtually the case in every scenario, every situation, every circumstance where we see this happening, we don't see it going the other way. It is virtually always mediocre boys, mediocre men who couldn't hack it in their own division or maybe ranking in the bottom of the barrel, right, they switch over to the women's league, and they substantially skyrocket in the rankings whatever that system may be. At the state level. In case and what he's describing here in California, this boy by the name of ab Hernandez. Maybe I'm sure you remember Clay. About a week or so ago, a video went viral of this young girl who placed second in California, her name is rys Hogan in the triple jump. But it was only after sure everyone exited the podium, with the man, of course, standing atop the podium where she jumps on the first place podium. And I thought that was the most remarkably brave display that really we've seen thus far. I mean, we've seen some pretty awesome things, right Like I think of the girls in West Virginia, the middle schoolers who boycotted and shot put, which au Kick was the first to report on, By the way, I think of several instances of girls boycotting. But this I thought was really the perfect way to embody and highlight that that man atop the podium was a total fraud and everyone recognizes it.
Speaker 1: You got into it with Jamel Hill a little bit over the weekend. Jamel Hill is a crazy person who used to work at ESPN. She kind of the female version maybe of Keith Olberman, who you've also gotten into it over with I just three years ago, if only women had swim in your NCAA championship, where do you think you'd be?
Speaker 5: Well, my plan what I was post graduating from University of Kentucky. I was in dental school, actually set to specialize in in deedonics, so root canals. Basically, that's what I had planned. That's what I was set to do. That's what I prepared to do. I scored in the top percentile of the DAT nationally, which is the dental admissions test, the test to get into dental school. I had been awarded tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship funds to continue my education in dentistry, So that was certainly the plan. I had married my husband. Our life would look a whole lot different had that man that's six foot four again, as President Trump wards that mediocre men not been in the pool with us, in the locker room with us that day.
Speaker 1: So I think this is so, this is so important because you get attacked, I think unfairly, and I'm sure on a level that you never would have ever anticipated for just being a woman who believes women's sports should be made up of women. And I love when I see tweets JK. Rowling just fearlessness, because this is not a complicated issue. But the only reason you have ended up doing what you are doing is because one you're fearless, but two you dealt with this directly and you never want any other girls or women to ever have to deal with this either, and yet you get attacked for that. I just think it's really important to hammer home that's it.
Speaker 5: That's it, the stance that I've taken. Of course, I've been painted to be this super radical, crazy right wing grister, as Jamel Hill would call it. But I mean, I still live my daily life like with my husband, with my family, with my animals and my dogs, we live on a flower farm, like I'm still me. The only I guess radical position that I've taken is that men cannot become women, and that there are two sexes, and that each sex is deserving of equal opportunity of privacy and of safety. But several times now, of course yuh Ki's oberman. I genuine think this man is like needs to be in an asylum somewhere. I don't think he's stable, like we should be doing like welfare checks on him every November fifth. But you've got Jamel Hill who has told me on multiple occasions now over the past few years that I need to thank Leah Thomas every single day of the rest of my life for getting me famous. Again, reminder, I did not ask for this, I did not want this. I simply took a position that ninety nine one percent really of common sense people have taken, and I would say ninety to ninety five percent of every day common sense Americans who I mean, it's a position they take too, but they just weren't willing to say it three years ago. Now you compare that to twenty twenty five, and the landscape has shifted, right. People, of course, are becoming more bold, more willing to say what everyone already knows to be true. And with that the response that we see from the left, from the other side, people who don't have common sense, people who vehemently hate women, people like Jamel Hill, former ESPN hosts, of course, that is to increase as well. So I say, bring it on. You know, lots of things that bother me, that scare me, but Jammel Hill and her professional race bidding, certainly is it one of them.
Speaker 1: I love the easy question of and I've used this and I think it just really I would encourage you guys to deploy it in your own life. People attack you on this issue, just say, hey, I don't think men should be able to compete in women's sports. That's my opinion, that's your opinion, that's the opinion of a lot of people listening out to us right now. Isn't it amazing how rarely, if ever, anybody on the left attacking you will ever say what their opinion on the issue is, of course.
Speaker 5: And it's because I believe deep down they don't think it either, right, these Democrats, whether it's it's these elected officials, people in Congress, whether it is people like Jammel Hill, these especially actually people like Jammel Hill, sports reporters who Underson, who have been reporting on both men and women's sports for decades, for years. Of course they don't believe that men can magically become women with the same physical capabilities. Of course they don't believe that. But for some reason it has just been this fill that they are willing to die on. I don't know if it's the virtue signaling. I don't know if it's the fear of the wrath from the other side. I don't know if they're so bought into like this oppression Olympics that they that they're willing to proclaim it subtly right. But you're right, people like Jamel Hill. I asked her the other day, you know, great to hear from you. This is the stance that I've taken. Would love an answer from you. You know, you're a self proclaimed women's sports enthusiast. How do you feel about men competing in women's sports. And I followed it up by saying, silence is an answer to which, of course, she did not answer the question, so that makes it very clear to me where she stands on this.
Speaker 1: Riley, Happy, belated Memorial Day weekend, Keep up the fight and we appreciate the time today. And encourage everybody out there to follow Riley. You can see her shows many different places, including Outkicks see here on Fox News all over the place.
Speaker 5: Riley, good stuff and you and by the way, congratulations on your book. Super awesome endorsement. Very very excited for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That is Riley Gains. Encourage you to follow her. We'll share all the contact if you're not already following her. And yes, you mentioned got a new book coming out and President Trump endorsed it. I'll read you that endorsement over the wee over the weekend he endorsed it. I'll read it for you here in a little bit. Good reason why so many people choose to have a will made one of them is you don't want to burden your family members with the uncertainty of your final wishes when your life ends. You want to will so your wishes are clear and followed. You might also want to trust you can take care basically of all of the challenges associated with whatever you leave behind financially possessions. Wise by just getting everything written out in advance, it takes away a lot of the stress from your family, maybe a lot of the squad over who gets what and unfortunately happens. You need a will and to trust, and you can go to Trustinwill dot com. They make it simple, affordable and an easy result for peace of mind and clarity in the future for you and your family. The website again, trustinwill dot com. I've done this for my family, you should do it for yours. They're experts in creating personalized trust and wills that protect your legacy. That's trust and Will dot Com. We are joined now by a man who had a major announcement, part of a trio that had a major announcement, UH breaking down the absolute latest on the COVID shot Doctor Marty McCarey, FDA Commissioner. He's author of blind Spots, When Medicine Gets It Wrong and What it Means for our Health. We had him on this program quite a lot during the COVID era. He is fantastic. Congrats, I don't know if we've had you on since you were officially confirmed, but congrats on becoming FDA Commissioner, doctor McCarey. And what can you tell us about what you guys just announced this this morning? We played the audio, but what exactly should people out there know about kids and pregnant women when it comes to the COVID shot.
Speaker 3: Well, great to be with you, Clay, and it's good to be back on your show. You know, we are bringing back gold standard science and common sense, and we've got a dilemma in this country, and that is the government keeps pushing every year that every healthy young girl needs a shot every year for the rest of their life. And the regulatory process has been set up such that no clinical trial or clinical data needs to be submitted each year for the acdator rubber stamped these COVID shots for young, healthy people, and so we're bringing back science to the process. We are saying that in order for this shot to be approved by the FDA in healthy people, we need to see some clinical trial data to support that it works and that it's safe and effective. We can't just blindly represtand these applications each year in perpetuity. Forever there was a theory that people could benefit from these shots each year. The theory is unproven. We'd like to see some scientific support.
Speaker 1: When you look back now on Joe Biden saying things like our patients is wearing thin and that we were going to have a winter of death, will there ever really be any consequences. I know Joe Biden's no longer president, but for people out there who felt pressured because of the actions of the federal government, I'm still angry about it. I know probably you still are. I know a lot of our audiences. Is this to you. The things that are happening now a form of sort of resolution and restitution for people out there who feel like they were led astray.
Speaker 3: Well, people want closure because they feel that they've been lied to about some of the issues around COVID and the vaccine mandates, the vaccine booster mandates for college kids who are completely healthy. And so when you look at what's happening today, you've got this medical elite still living on an island disconnected from most of the American public. You have statistics that are mind boggling that speak to that disconnect, like eighty five percent of healthcare workers did not get the COVID booster last season. So on one hand, we've had this government medical establishment machine pounding and insisting that everybody gets a booster every year for the rest of their life, even if they're totally healthy, and a public that has basically moved on and said, no, thank you, We don't really trust you as much anymore. If you look at the numbers on public trust, they've really gone down the toilet. The amount of the percent of Americans that trust doctors and hospitals went from seventy one percent just before COVID to forty percent last year. That's a gigantic thirty one point drop, and it's because the worst thing you can do in the field of medicine is to put out a recommendation with intense absolutism when the data just is not there to support it. It's an idea, it's a theory.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad that you have the role that you do now because you were right on so much and you were willing to take the slings and arrows that came with it. So was doctor Bodacharias, so was RFK Junior. I give credit to the Wall Street Journal editorial board, to Bucks show, to this show for places out there that we're willing to have these conversations. How much personal validation and now do you take for something that I'm sure when you were at Johns Hopkins was getting you unrelenting criticism to be in the position that you are in now alongside of doctor Bodicharia, who was very outspoken at Stanford in a way that he suffered a lot of personal consequences, and certainly RFK Junior. Now the three of you who made this announcement today, how much personal vindication do you feel and how much do you think you're vindicating science, which is about opposing ideas, Like the whole idea of science is to challenge conventional authority. That's the very basis of science itself. This world that we ended up in where I'm the expert, you aren't allowed to challenge doctor Fauci saying I am the science. It's actually the antithesis of everything that science, in many ways should represent.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the censorship industrial complex that silenced expert physicians from respected academic institutions that simply disagreed with doctor Fauci or questions about the absolutism of the COVID recommendations. That was an ugly chapter in our nation's history, and I hope we never go back there. We're doing a lot to promote transparency and civil discourse now. I hope we can rebuild trust and the scientific process of wrestling and debating on ideas. At the FDA, we're doing a lot now with forums and bringing in people with different ideas to debate how we can do things differently, how we can address our chronic disease epidemic, how we can rethink our food supply.
Speaker 1: But to some.
Speaker 3: Degree, to be honest, Clay, I feel like we lost in some of the battles that we fought during COVID. In the Biden administration, we fought like crazy to get the schools back open, and it was very divided. It was very polarizing, and for some crazy reason, it fell along partisan lines it shouldn't have, and we fought like crazy for the kids. For the most part, we were not able to get the schools back open during most of that, you know, after the fall of twenty twenty, for the next for almost a year after that. So it's a sad chapter. You know, kids are still reeling back and they're trying to recover. We have to, you know, almost rescue these kids now and give them special attention because of the learning loss. And I think the greatest untold story of the COVID battles was that the populations hurt the worst were the poor and minority communities in the United States. I practiced at the time at Johns Hopkins and in East Baltimore. I mean, you close those schools and send the kids home with an iPad. It's not like your country club suburbs that are wealthy, and those kids took a horrible beating from these misguided COVID policies. So we're trying to rebuild public trust. Secretary Kennedy's got a great vision. Jay Bodichari is doing it. Amendment Oz is a trans transformational leader at CMS. And we're doing everything we can at the FDA to focus on our mission of delivering more cures for the American public and healthier food for children.
Speaker 1: What do you think, having been through these battles, you just hammered And I think it's the worst part of COVID, frankly, is the fact that the poorest among us, the public school kids. I was public school kid K to twelve, A lot of them left and didn't come back to school for over a year. In physical person, these are the kids that have the less resources, don't have private tutors, don't have the ability to go to private school like Gavin Newsom's kids do. When you hear Randy Weingarten now say that she was working super hard to try to reopen schools, what's your reaction.
Speaker 6: Well, her group edited the school opening policy of the CDC to make it stricter, and those edits were incorporated in.
Speaker 3: The final version that was published by the Biden administration and the CDC. And that was tragic because you did not have a scientific document. You had a document that was interfered with by a special interest group at the expense of children. So there's a lot of lessons we should learn from COVID, but I think the biggest lesson is that we should let scientists be scientists and do their job.
Speaker 1: The announcement again today, you came on this show for years, and I want to give you credit. I mean, my two youngest kids were certainly not ever going to get the COVID shot based on the data, and we talked a lot about natural immunity and the impact that it was going to have. It's been five years, and I know for many people out there it feel still like the snap of fingers. What has to happen for public trust in health to return to where it was pre COVID.
Speaker 3: I think we have to be successful as a new team coming in. I think we have to be incredibly transparent. I think we have to the big issues of our day that we are not talking about. You know, COVID was a snapshot into how you saw a ruling class in America create rules for themselves that benefit it themselves. They could send their kids to private schools, the country clubs were booming throughout COVID. They for a lot of the zoomocracy in America. They were going to work now in their pajamas on video conferencing. Come to Inner City Baltimore. It was an entirely different story, and you saw sort of the tyranny of the ruling class right rules for themselves. And it's not just with COVID, it is also with the great public health issues of our day. Why do forty percent of American kids have a chronic disease? If you think about what we've been taught in medical school. It's this weird dynamic where we sort of blame kids for being sick. We don't talk about the food supplies the availability of healthy foods, food chemicals, food ingredients, all the stuff that are coming up in the Make America Healthy Again report that came out a week ago. That is a fresh new perspective because we can't just keep talking about financing our broken healthcare system. We have to talk about fixing it, and to fix it, we have to get at these root causes. So we're changing the conversation from just talking about chemotherapy and insulin to actually talking about environmental exposures and the food we eat and school lunch programs. You're seeing action on the SNAP waivers by the USDA so that government dollars aren't going to all this sugary junk food in the SNAP program. You're seeing some movement we've never seen before. So to rebuild public trust, in my opinion, Clay, we'll do it best by succeeding at actually making progress on improving the health of the population by addressing these root causes.
Speaker 1: Last question for you, when you are out traveling and we're talking, doctor Martin McCarey, the FDA commissioner. His book is I want to make sure that I get this right. The most recent book is Ali texts me that again, I'll get it before we leave blind spots. When you still see people wearing masks going on airplanes, when you still see kids, sometimes I can't believe this is happening, still wearing masks. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, part of me thinks I don't know what their personal clinical situation is. But the other part of me thinks it may be somebody who's entirely young and healthy, who has been misled and given a false sense of security that if they do this one mitigation step that somehow they're going to help achieve a COVID zero world. Which remember, for a lot of COVID there was actually this mindset that we would get to zero COVID, that we would eradicate the virus. And so when I see somebody, I think, I don't blame them, I blame the people who have given them the impression that if you wear a mask in public every day for the rest of your life, as a young, healthy person, you're going to somehow live a healthier, greater life. Kids have been had their face covered for nearly three years over some of this dogma in parts of the country, and the kids are sad. I mean the kids. There's one in four teen girls is being treated for depression, and so there are statistics that tell us we've got to not just have a myopic focus on viral transmission of one virus, but instead treat the entire person as a living, beautiful human being.
Speaker 6: And that's where I.
Speaker 5: Hope we can go.
Speaker 1: Doctor Marty mccairy, Congratulations, FDA Commissioner. The book Blind Spots when medicine gets it wrong and what it means for our health. Thank you for fighting so hard during COVID and thank you for fighting so hard for a still big announcement today. Appreciate the times.
Speaker 6: Good to be with you.
Speaker 3: Thanks kay.
Speaker 1: Doctor Marney McCarey one of the heroes, along with doctor Bodicharia. I hope that when history is written of the COVID era, that guys like him, and guys like doctor Botacharia and many others who were willing to speak up against the tidal wave of inhumanity and anti science, that their stories are a true story of heroism in the face of great deal of tax We'll talk about some of that when we come back. But look, you heard the great news on prescription drug prices earlier this month. Right, President Trump has signed an executive order slashing the cost of prescription drugs. Going after the price gouging for drugs you're now getting with Obamacare, We've introduced you to a new healthcare partner, Ease for Everyone. Compared to Obamacare, Ease for Everyone comes with a monthly cost as low as two hundred and sixty two dollars. You get access to over four hundred prescription drugs for free, not just at a lower cost, but no cost zero dollars. Unlike the broken promise of Obamacare, you actually get to keep your doctor. Plus you get free unlimited virtual primary care. You can have affordable healthcare for as low as two hundred and sixty two bucks a month. Today go online to Ease for Everyone dot com slash clay and join today. That's Ease for Everyone dot com slash clay. One more time, save a bundle, get the best deal for you and your family. Ease for Everyone dot com slash clay, Join today. Hey buck, one of my kids called me an anc the other day and unk yep slang evidently for not being hip, being an old dude. So how do we ununk you? Get more people to subscribe to our YouTube channel? At least that's what my kids tell me. That's simple enough. Just search the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show and hit the subscribe button. Takes less than five seconds to help ununk me. Do it for Clay, do it for freedom, and get great content while you're there the Klay, Travis and Buck Sexton Show YouTube channel. Buck has got the flu, so he is out today. He says he will be back tomorrow. I will be out. I'm going on a family vacation before all the kids' obligations begin to stack up in earnest, so I will be on the road with them. I'll be out the rest of this week and some of next week, and then I will be back, and then we'll be up in Washington, d C. For a little while doing the show. Gonna be a lot of fun. There several other stories that are out there, and I encourage you to go download the podcast make sure you don't miss a moment. Great guest hits with Riley Gains and with doctor Marty McCarey. You just heard from in the second hour. It's just us here in the third hour, and there's several different things that I want to hit that I think are particularly important coming out of the weekend. So I'm gonna play several of these things. But I want to start with Democrats are now. This is from the New York Times, doing a deep dive on what went wrong in twenty twenty four, and they have decided that they need to do a better job of pursuing young men. And this is this in many ways, sounds like what you would say when you discover a new tribe that has never had contact with the outside world before. Democrats just sound completely broken when it comes to understanding how to have a conversation with normal men out there. And I saw this story over the weekend in New York Times, and I just thought to myself, Yes, we should definitely focus on this. Democrats, you'll nail it. This is from the New York Times. The perspectus for one new twenty million dollar effort, obtained by the Times, aims to reverse the erosion of Democrats support among young men, especially online. And again I'm reading from the New York Times. It is code named SAM, short for speaking with American men a strategic plan and promises investment to quote study the syntax, language and content that gains attention and virality in these spaces. It recommends buying advertisements in video games, among other things. I have talked about this quite a lot, and this is what my new book is about. It's about how Democrats lost young men. And I want to tell you a couple of analogies that are in the book. You can go buy it. Some of you are going to gasp a bit when you hear what it's called. But let me first thank President Trump for his endorsement. Some of you may have seen this over the weekend he posted this is President Trump. Clay Travis has a great aalcat new book coming out November fourth, twenty twenty five, Balls, How Trump Young Men and Sports Saved America. Clay is a highly talented commentator who is tough, smart, and gifted with all caps common sense. He studied our historic movement from the very beginning. Truly gets Maga. Maga loves him. Pre order your copy today with a link. Again. The book is called It's gonna be out November, but you can get it for fourteen bucks. I think right now in Amazon balls how Trump young Men in Sports Saved America? And the cover of the book has two basketballs on the cover. And some of you are going to say, oh my god, like you're so immature, and yes, that probably is somewhat true, but I also want for people to be gripped by the argument. And the cover of a book is not surprisingly an opportunity to grab people and make them think about something or see something that they may not have seen before. And so I've spent a great deal of time in the last several months diving into the data analyzing what exactly is going on with young men, and I want to hit you with a couple of stories that really are in the book. And again, the book's going to be out in November. I think you guys are really going to like it. If you're audiobook people, I'll be reading it. Buck has got a great new book that's going to be out in January two, so we'll have a couple of good books. And I imagine that he's going to be reading his book too. So for those of you that are going to be on the road and don't necessarily want to read the book itself, you can get the audio version, but it's up on Amazon. It's only fourteen bucks and it'll be right there. And I appreciate President Trump for endorsing the book. They said, hey, how do you want to announce the book? And I said, well, I'd like for President Trump to announce it. I didn't know if he would, But on Sunday night they popped me and said, hey, President just he's going to be endorsing your book. He loves it. He's excited about the concept. And Trump gets it right, Trump gets young men. But I want to to talk to you, if you've got kids or grandkids, I want to hit you with a couple of stories. Sometimes we don't see the world through the eyes of people who are of different ages than us, even though we might see many of the same things that they do. And I've got two stories that are examples and anecdotes that are in the book that really kind of crystallize the world for me. You guys know, I have three boys, so I think about this quite a lot. Right now. They are seventeen, fourteen, and ten, one who's going to be a rising senior, rising ninth grader, rising fifth grader, so fairly different ages. But in the COVID era. In twenty twenty, my then nine year old, my middle son, like a lot of your kids are grandkids, was obsessed with football cards, basketball cards, baseball cards. I love them when I was a kid. My boys got really into them as well. YouTube has really I think fueled this because you un pack, you open these, you break, as they call it, these cards, and you go through and you look at them and they have all sorts of special cards. Really very cool. I mean, it takes me back in time every time I walk into a card shop with my boys, and it just reminds me of being in the nineteen eighties, nineteen nineties for many of you sixties seventies, whenever you were into two thousands baseball cards, football cards, basketball cards. And we were going to Target during the COVID era, everything you know, buying large shutdown. My kids are really fired up about cards even more. This is when YouTube it kind of took off. People card values skyrocket, a lot of people sitting around watching. And we walked into Target, and this is before the Target tuck bathing suits went crazy, before Target's Pride Month insanity. We walked in and my nine year old points to the very first clothing disc play in our local target. This is Franklin, Tennessee. This is a red county in a red state. I'm not talking about walking in on in Times Square or something into a target. This is Franklin, Tennessee where I live in Williamson County, just south of Nashville, Tennessee, red county, red state. And he just said they would never have anything like and I'm paraphrasing him, they would never have that for us. And I didn't really know what he was talking about. He looked over. He said they would never and there's this huge display all of girl power t shirts. Girls rule, girls, you know, dominate whatever it is, and girl power. He said, they would never sell boy power shirts. Dad thought, you know, it's really very interest I mean, I hadn't thought about it because I'm a generation older than him, and the generation that I grew up in is boys and girls should be equal. Boys and girls should all be able to be doctors or lawyers. You should all be able to pursue whatever career you want to. We should allow, regardless of whether you're a boy or girl, girls and boys to have equal success. And I went to law school a Vanderbilt and met his mom there. There were more girls in my law school class than boys, and there are way more girls now that graduate from college than boys who graduate from college, like sixty forty. And you can imagine if sixty percent of college degrees still went to men instead of women, we would hear about it all the time. It would be one of the top talking points. Oh look, how sexist, Look how the patriarchy still dominates. I mean, we're talking about sixty percent of college degrees go to women, and the majority now of graduate degrees go to women too. And yet you walk into a Target store, according to my then nine year old, and they get the message all the time, girls rule. Boys basically stink and they would never have a boy power t shirt. And he was right. And shortly thereafter they go to public school. KA six, all my boys have. One of their friends came in to the house and he was talking about they had been having a history lesson at school, and the history lesson that he had taken as a young white kid was white people, white boys, white men ruin everything. And he was kind of jokingly sitting around and he was like, you know, mister Clay, they tell us that we have all this power and he's like, my mom doesn't even let me pick what I get to eat for dinner. And it's funny, but it's also kind of sad because we've raised this entire gym generation of boys that has been told not just white kids, Black kids, Asian kids, Hispanic kids, hey, being a man, being a boy, there's something wrong with it. Your masculinity is toxic. And what I grapple with in this book is imagine that we raised an entire generation of boys and we told them that their identity was toxic, and then we shut down their schools, and we shut down their sports teams, and we told them that COVID was dangerous and masculinity is toxic, and they didn't get to go to prom, and they didn't get to finish their basketball season or their soccer seasons. And young girls are part of this too, but I think boys in particular is what I focused on because of the data. They're profoundly angry. Young white, Hispanic, Asian and Black men are profoundly angry. And I really think that Trump, even though he's their grandfather, channels their anger at the establishment that took away part of their youth, that told all of them at birth. Hey, you're toxic because you're masculine. Is it any wonder that they would be deeply searching for purpose in life? And then you downgrade religion, You tell them that being a provider is somewhat toxic too, that they should be beta male versions of themselves. They are fundamentally rejecting what I would call is the girl power era, and they're saying, there's nothing wrong with being a boy, there's nothing wrong with growing up to be a man. And I think that a lot of moms out there right now are listening because you're raising boys. And I think a lot of grandmas are looking around like when did all the men in the world turn into pussy willows? And I think that Trump has channeled that anger. And I also think that the younger boys are actually more conservative than the young boys who broke in huge numbers. And there's a big data analysis in this book Balls and again, you got to grab people's attention. There's a big part in the book. Do you know the two trumpiest voting groups in America in the twenty twenty four election were men over the age of sixty five and young men twenty four and younger I bet never in history have young men and older men been more aligned than they are right now. And the older men are like, this whole generation BS. But you know what, the younger men are saying, You're right, Grandpa, This whole generation is BS. Now. People like me are kind of in the middle right because I think we grew up in the era of Hey, women should be able to be successful. Yeah, good, go be a doctor, go be a lawyer. That's fine. But I think this younger generation, it's moved from women should be successful to men are bad. We have dragged down men to elevate women. And I think they see it, they feel it, they're being taught it. And so this book that I wrote is a complete examination of that era, and I don't think anybody else has told the story. Again, comes through the world of sports, COVID, All of it rolls together to create what may be the most conservative generation that any of us have ever seen in terms of young men. And I see it as a dad because the younger men are moving even more conservative, and the line of demarcation to me is COVID. COVID was the breaking point, the point in time where a lot of these young men said no, we're being lied to. If you lied to me about COVID, why should I listen to you about gender issues? Why should I trust you on anything? And I think Trump and his disruptive bravery. I'll talk about that in a second when I come back, connects with them on a visceral level. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, because not just white kids, it's young men of all ages. The data is reflecting. Let's talk about it when you come back. Owning gold no longer reserved for the uber wealthy. It's available to everybody because companies like Birch Gold have made it possible to old as own as a part of your four oh one K or your ira for that matter, You can just as easily own gold that you can hold in your hand, and you can store it in a safe place. This is a tangible asset at a time when you may feel like the intangible asset, stocks, bonds, all those things don't feel as safe. Buck was smart. He got gold years ago, and in fact, that gold has gone up more than one hundred and sixty percent in value today. It's e to purchase gold than it ever has been before, and there are many ways to do it. One of the best ways is through taking advantage of learning about gold for your portfolio. Just text my name Clay to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. Birch Gold will send you a free infoKit on gold. No obligation, only useful information. Birch Gold has an A plus rating with the Better Business Bureau tens of thousands of happy customers. Text the name Clay to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight, or go online to birchgold dot com slash Clay. That's my name Clay to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. Go online to birchgold dot com slash Clay