Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Caddy Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And jaccating and he arms, Oh my godness is good. Have you ever had this? They take up. There's a bean grown lots of places in the world. It's really good in South America. But they dig this bean and they pour hot water over it, and then the juice that comes out of it, it's so glitter a bean. You pour the hot water threat and it's so delicious. Huh And it's almost addictive. It's so good. Anyway, I just had a big sip of.
Speaker 1: It and it was so onspiring. Jack Armstream loves coffee. I do. I really do love coffee. I think it might be bean junkie.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's because I'm as an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in like almost twenty years. This is my thing now, coffee is my thing. Could be you gotta have a thing, and it's less dangerous thing obviously. Anyway, Live from studio. C sayes a dimly lit room deeput them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communication Compound, and today we are toiling under the title of the show on a Friday.
Speaker 3: I just bet fifty k that I'd say rut of bega, rut to bega. Oh my god, your prediction markets are out of control.
Speaker 2: You made eighty thousand dollars on that. Yes, alternate title.
Speaker 3: Blockades are boring tv uh as America can't pay attention even to a war.
Speaker 2: No kidding that that's a little disturbing. Actually, let's beyond a little disturbing.
Speaker 3: And to the extent that they are paying attention, they're going about it exactly wrong. The AGI it's all about the tangerine tornado and not the incredible stakes. Yeah, the Secretary of War, Pete Hegsath just did a little press conference.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we have clips of it, but he said the blockade has gone global. That gets into the whole stopping ships different places around the world in the ocean that came out of Iran. And the war does not end, he said until Iran has given up their nuclear weapons program. That is the the thing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's about time we had a little damn strike communication about the purpose, the strategy, the end, the goals whatever, even if they're not one hundred percent sure. Peggy Noonan just blasted the White House in her eloquent way, as she always does, for lack of clarity in bringing the American people along.
Speaker 1: It's a legit criticism.
Speaker 2: I think it always was the reason there, But I don't know why they didn't just state it more clearly from the very beginning. They can't have a nuclear weapon. That's why we're doing this, the end. Any other questions, blah blah blah, blah blah blah. They can't have a nuclear weapon. That's why we're doing it. Anybody else. Meanwhile, they've killed more Americans than any other country on Earth, and they continue to spread death and hatred throughout the world. So that's why, including to their own people. But that's not why we launched a war. It's because we can't let them have nuclear weapons. The end. So we got more on that coming up a little bit later. We're going to talk to Mike Lions, friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show, who we have on all the time, and he has a great piece in the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: Did they good for him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was reading the editorials in the Journal and saw Mike Lions and I said, Mike Clions, And sure enough, it's a.
Speaker 1: Great piece about the war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really interesting about the real stakes and the likely legacy of.
Speaker 1: It from a military perspective.
Speaker 2: So much better than the Jackassary you get from the mainstream media. Everywhere you lost Jack Cassary, everywhere you look, Jack Asser.
Speaker 1: How are you doing, Katie?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just fine. How long do we have before you go on maternity leave of a week? That's what I was thinking. We don't have many more days left with you? And then you disappear and I vanish, Yes, yes, for long enough. I assume you'll text us now and then say, hey, got a baby. By the way, how's things going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are.
Speaker 5: On the first of the list to see Jack, Joe, Mike, Michael.
Speaker 2: No, right, that's a big deal. That's a big deal. I can remember who was on my list. I hadn't made a list, like on purpose or anything like that. I didn't actually literally make a list. But there's you know, there's people in your mind, and then that that first group.
Speaker 1: Of people you let know what happened.
Speaker 5: You know, It's interesting the amount of people that would like to be there as I'm bringing him into the world, and I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gets to be a little bit like inviting pop your wedding. Who who's Who's in? Who's out?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: I remember when Judy and I were both birthing, we became she was birthing.
Speaker 1: I was assisting, but not in not much.
Speaker 2: But we became aware that in some families, yeah, mom comes along and various other loved ones for the happy occasion. And you know, I don't hate it. You know, I get it, but don't want it. Some people do that, I guess, yeah, they have a you got you know, mom, mom and dad of the the person actually having the baby come out of them there or whoever.
Speaker 3: Giving birth is the way we generally refer to that jack but having the baby come out of them.
Speaker 1: Good lord.
Speaker 2: And and then some people it was just it was just me and her. There was nobody else there in the medical professionals.
Speaker 5: I believe the very mature way that I said it is that I don't want anyone there as I am, oh no, shooting him out of the couiter.
Speaker 2: Oh good lord, I said, oh wow, she's very pregnant. Her both doesn't know when he's working, right. Could somebody put that to music? It is lyrically.
Speaker 1: It was like poetry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to apologize for the poor I'm not lady.
Speaker 1: On Fridays. I listen to music when I drive to work.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I think, you know what, I'm not doing news today, I'm doing music. I do that on Friday mornings.
Speaker 1: So uh uh.
Speaker 2: Coming into the parking lot today, I'm listening to Sarah Vaughan sing Poka Dots and moonbeams. Wow, there's something jarring in my brain about going from Sara Von's Polka dots and moon beams to Katie saying show don't get out of my couter.
Speaker 1: Oh, and you repeated that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Michael, do you want to start a show together, a show that has stand It's just such a jarring transition of my brain. Of of lyrics, lyrics, You.
Speaker 5: Guys are you should be used to me by now.
Speaker 1: It's been years.
Speaker 2: You know, I've never thought about it as much from that standpoint.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I was in that position physically, i'd want to very I wouldn't want a very wide net of people watch.
Speaker 5: And then you get and then you get put in this situation of like, for some reason, feeling like you have to gently handle it.
Speaker 1: Like no no, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to handle family dynamics exactly. And you know, somebody says something, you got to respond and then they go no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're screaming.
Speaker 2: You're just about to the final push and somebody wants you to figure out how to LA eight their parking or something.
Speaker 5: True story when when my mom was having me my my dad, a friend of my dad's showed up at the hospital to have my dad marry him to his lady, and my dad apparently went downstairs and signed.
Speaker 1: The married said you're exactly you're married. Leave having a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, wow, good time. Let's move along. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is Friday Love the Friday's Friday Friday, April twenty fourth of the year twenty twenty six for Armstrong and gettying and we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: Let's begin officially now. According to FCC rules and rags, the show starts at mark on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: A Second Chance for One Lobster, a rare split colored lobster saved. The well Fleet Shellfish Company says it caught this half and half colored lobster off Cape Cod. They call it a once and fifty million catch. The lobster will soon be headed to an aquarium in Massachusetts for the public to now check out. Wow, same from the lobster roll.
Speaker 1: Wow. I made the news. I'm David Muir with news for stupid people.
Speaker 2: So we will play some of the highlights of a couple of different press briefings that went on earlier today about the war and all that. But Joe says, a lot of people aren't paying that much attention. I gotta admit I have a little bit of difficulty judging how much you are radio audience, podcast audience want to hear about this. Most of my favorite podcasts that I listen to are going big on it, if not exclusively, certainly leading with it every day, and I'm certainly interested in it. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wish I were wise and eloquent enough to pen the editorial about what this whole lack of ping attention and comprehending and partisan bickering and focusing on the silly stuff, what it says about our country at this point.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 2: It's it's that we're a split colored lobsternation.
Speaker 1: Really well, I think a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Do you do have the Trump polar thing that you mentioned already, But I do think a lot of it is we just we have been so incredibly successful for so long, as we point out all the time. The study came out recently, the reason the middle class is disappearing, so many the middle classes moved into the upper class. That's why. And you just have so many people that feel like my life is even if they're even if people are bitching about how they need to have more and they're being screwed.
Speaker 1: By someone and they should have more.
Speaker 2: I've got a I got a Jesus size house, I got cars, I go on vacations. I feel very comfortable. My nation is on under threat. I don't need to pay attention to anything really, any anywhere, anytime other than my own standard of living because I don't know why momentum, I guess, yeah, yeah, that's that's that's the broad outlines of it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah. I don't think we can shake people out of that.
Speaker 3: I think we've lost any sense of necessity as a country. Nothing seems necessary.
Speaker 2: Everything is optional. Why the thing is to amuse us? Another word I would like to throw in, is we've lost the concept of the fragility.
Speaker 1: Of what we have built.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, one hundred could fall apart so quickly and not come back for like five hundred years. Anywhere I have specifically on that topic a feature at having to do with theft, how tolerant we've become a theft from a little different angle, and how popular it is to advocate that it's just fine. And once we lose that, you think you're a CVS. With the plastic locking gates hiding all the merchandise.
Speaker 1: Is the end of it? Oh no, no, no, no, that's just the beginning.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I want to hear that the ceasefire is extended for quite a while by Trump yesterday he was asked about using nukes in this war.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of news to get to.
Speaker 2: Got Katie's headlines on the way clips of the week because it's Friday, all coming up stay here. For instance, Pete Hegseth just said the blockade is a gift to the world from the United States, which it actually may be, but I'm feel like the rest of the world is appreciating it in any way. No, no, when the road head is far from clear in a weird thirty thousand foot above way. I'm really really interested in watching this unfold. Just just a student of warfare and international relations and the rest of it. I just have no idea where it ends. It may never end. It may be the problem you can't solve, you just manage, and we just keep knocking them back the IRGC every time they get nasty. I don't know more on that to come. With Mike Lyons among others.
Speaker 3: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green Katie starting with the Alphabet Networks ABC.
Speaker 5: Hag Seth also says, quote blockade is growing and going global. Yeah, NBC, Israel and Lebanon extend ceasefire amid horror moves, uncertainty and CNN analysis. The longer the strait of horror moves remains closed, the harder it will become for the United States to avoid the problems piling up elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard a good report. Yes, you never know what's accurate and what's not. But these think tankers talking about how close to collapse IRAN has to be just based on what we know about how much money they needed before to run their government something like, I forget the percentage. I think it was fifty percent of the paying everybody. Their salaries in that country came from the daily oil revenue, for instance, and now that's been shut off completely, so they're not paying all these different people. And how long, you know, till the whole thing falls apart? Right, It's a super interesting question. There have got to be at least four or five different scenarios. You could point that our quote unquote collapse. What does that look like?
Speaker 3: And if the IRGC has plenty of resources to feed, arm and pay all of their people, does that greater collapse even matter from our point of view?
Speaker 1: And what does it lead to? Super interesting stuff? Washington? Does any of it? I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: And obviously the kind of lurking question is does any of that quote unquote collapse lead to a popular uprising that could be successful?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Maybe we will talk about this more later, but it could It could look like godsit where Homas always had plenty of money in food, it's just through the average person had no money or food.
Speaker 1: So maybe that's what Iran looks like.
Speaker 2: Is a total exactly Washington Post.
Speaker 5: The US soldier accused of pocketing four hundred thousand dollars through bets on Maduro's capture.
Speaker 1: Heck of an interesting story.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just one of several examples of that sort of thing. These but these prediction markets are out of control completely.
Speaker 2: You'd hope a special forces do isn't going to do that sort of thing from the Daily Mail.
Speaker 1: There's any law against it, though, is there? Actually, we'll talk about that more later.
Speaker 5: Meta acts is eight thousand jobs as Zuckerberg doubles down on AI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: And again, and where's that universal basic income for those people they just lost their jobs because of AI.
Speaker 1: I'm not suggesting it, but.
Speaker 3: Right Fox, there's super pressure within Meta two that everybody has to be using AI and demonstrate how they're using it every single day.
Speaker 5: Fox News study shows salmon exposed to cocaine swim longer distances, No.
Speaker 3: Kidding, Babylon incessantly about nonsense to the other salmon.
Speaker 5: New York Post, Oh boy, tourists trapped in waste deep sewage for hours after toilet collapses during family stop.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. We'll bring you that story later.
Speaker 1: Wow Wow, Wow. Waste deep is bad, but it's.
Speaker 2: A hell of a lot better than like chest deep.
Speaker 1: You're really looking for some silver line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, My glass is half full of sewage guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, study fines. Emojis aren't just decoration. The brain treats them as actual human faces. What apparently when we see them, we actually picture the person sending them making the expression.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can see that neurologically speaking.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 5: And finally, Babylon Bee Gavin Newsom admits he doesn't really want to be president.
Speaker 1: He just wants to leave California.
Speaker 2: Ah, I call you haul, Gabby. Well you can.
Speaker 1: It's tough tough to book a truck.
Speaker 2: We will go through some of the news of the last twenty four hours here very shortly. We have clips of the week coming up. Our friend friend of the show, Mike Lions with a Wall Street Journal piece. It's getting a fair amount of attention. We'll have him on later in the program. So lots of good stuff and the whole theft prop in America. It's a bigger deal than it seems, and it seems like a pretty big deal. Yeah, I'd say cool, look forward to it. It's got that special Friday feel. Later in the show we'll crank up the Dakri machine and things will really get loose. Huh. How about that? So another extension of the ceasefire is that what happened? We'll check in on all these things. If you missed the segmenting the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 1: Demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: I just saw they're talking about inviting Putin to the g twenty summit at the Durraw Golf Club, Trump's Golf Club in Florida. What Putin in the United States?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Trump's lust for being seen as the great deal maker sometimes leads him straight to delusion. That can't be my opinion. Could he set foot on American soil?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have diplomatic you know, protection and immunity, of course, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a horrible idea.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Wow, these are odd times, all right, so much to talk about. I can't wait. But let's let's first take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow Clips of the Week.
Speaker 2: Week.
Speaker 6: Julia Way turn Down, Meet a say Ping Pong playing robotic arm self trained using AI to be a twenty first century Marty Supreme.
Speaker 4: Lightning The humanoid robot finished the thirteen mile course in just fifty minutes and twenty six seconds.
Speaker 1: Past three performed in a Russian circus.
Speaker 6: Recently, the ring itself came down and one of the tigers jumped right out into the crowd.
Speaker 4: There are new questions tonight and few answers into eleven missing or dead scientists vanished or killed over the past three years. The Trump administration is in advanced discussions with Spirit Airlines over a bailout.
Speaker 7: Remember, without the Southern Poverty Law Center, racism might disappear forever, and that would be bad for the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Speaker 3: If you're picky about water, you are an effeminate, limp wristed, panty wearing, frillly little man, really no offense.
Speaker 2: What grade does he get on homelessness?
Speaker 1: On effort?
Speaker 4: I would give him an A and a notoriously tough grader, but I would probably give him a bee on homelessness.
Speaker 5: Well, by the way, I'd love to be in your class, Katie.
Speaker 2: If you get a beef, well gavin you some still on homelesses? My goodness, you.
Speaker 5: Won't give us a grade?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't. I haven't followed it closely enough to give him a grade.
Speaker 7: Oh what I Sentcom announced that US forces seized an Iranian flagged cargo ship.
Speaker 2: Vay, your engineer, We're prepared to subject you to disabling fire.
Speaker 6: The announcement of that ceasefire extension did not bring down the tension here in the Region book, a member of Iran's parliament taunting an eye for an eye, a tanker for a tanker.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Rush myself, you know, because every story I said.
Speaker 2: Oh, Trump is under time pressure, I'm no.
Speaker 1: No, you know who's under time pressure. They are.
Speaker 2: It's clips of the week. That billionaire running for governor in California in a debate, saying I can't give Gavin Newsom a grade. I haven't been paying that close attention might be the worst debate answer I've ever heard. It was. It was actually in an interview, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was very sad.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is horrible, Tom Stires, illusional crank. You can't say that. Yeah, I know, so I don't know. I don't really I live in Nevada. I was just ridiculous, And I have been following it that closely. Got a great email as part of mailpag having to do with Gavin's A to B level efforts on bums and junkies.
Speaker 1: So for whatever reason, I had.
Speaker 2: Moved off the idea that they're going to have the second phase of Operation Epic Fury, like the kinetic part, not the economic part, anytime soon. But I was just reading this piece from Crisis Watch. All the stuff, the extra stuff that we've moved into the Middle East near Iran, all these different planes and ships in that aircraft carrier, is now there another aircraft carrier. And as Mark Halprin writes in his newsletter today, unless Trump believes the Iranians are about to cave in under economic pressure, military action seems inevitable. Trump never moves military assets in place without using them. So far he's got to go for broke against Iran and his political standing for the midterms. I don't know why people bring the midterms up all the time. I think that's a Washington d C.
Speaker 1: Story. I really don't think that plays up.
Speaker 2: The Republic's gonna lose no matter what, whether the war ended today or in six months, they're going to lose. The House quod acting like that's the determining factor. I just I don't get that. But you're right, the quote unquote midterms could be the current American champion for over you know, being over mentioned in every damn news story it is.
Speaker 1: But see, that's the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing in Washington, d C. And the more cynical you are about this, the better. Who's in control of the treasury of handing out your tax dollars?
Speaker 1: That's all anybody cares about.
Speaker 2: That's it. And so for them, the midterms are enormously important because then we can give money to our cronies. And it's intrusion and every damn story. What you know, folks, in your real life? Seriously, because a lot of states are having primaries like now ish, how often does it come up in your real life?
Speaker 3: The fire between Jones and Schmedkevich? Absolutely never? And who do you like for assistant comptroller in Delaware or wherever you live?
Speaker 1: Never? Or even what do you think? The midterm is?
Speaker 3: Just most of us we get our sample ballot, or we go on the party website or whatever a couple of days before we go vote. If we're conscientious voters, we do about half an hour worth of looking around. Yeah, I like Jones, I like his platform, you vote for Jones.
Speaker 2: Anyway, back to the more military stuff, we're moving into the arena there. Most of these fighters and drones are tasked with providing close support to US Navy and Marine forces involved in potential ground operations, including any effort to seize control of Iranian held islands. So all that is obviously still very on the table, like marines taking an island. And then which interview was at all? It was on sixty minutes last Sunday night when they did that interesting piece about grabbing the highly enriched uranium, which has to happen. That's not like it's an option to do that one way or another. That has to be secured AnyWho, that would be quite the operation land in all kinds of people, securing a giant area, bringing in bulldozers, et cetera, et cetera. And then the correspondent said, and could there be any soldiers killed in an operation like this? If we're even going to ask a question like that, we are not prepared for what we're about to do as a country or a soft society. Could somebody be killed in a giant ground operation in a war you're asking that question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Silly, Well, you know it is silly, but it's a measure of where we are as a country are incredible success and wealth and comfort, which is, you know, you do everything you can to get here.
Speaker 1: But good times make for soft people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how the country's going to react. We end up with a ship sunk and hundreds dead, which would be in the overall scheme of a giant war, not a lot. I'm not being dismissive of the individual deaths. It's just that's what happens. Yeah, I look back to some of the conflicts you've had, some of the righteous ones that virtually nobody disagrees with unless you're Tucker Carlson and you've lost your effing mind about World War two and thinking of but anyway, Yeah, and there were enormous setbacks, huge losses. We're on the back foot, the Nazis were winning, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It just happens. It's the ebb and flow.
Speaker 2: And it used to be like every society on Earth understood that and accepted that.
Speaker 3: But we're a unique experiment. And what happens if people dot dot are this wealthy and comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to get into some of the global economic predictions. They are just talking about us being protected and comfortable, and everything's way too expensive. I've been complaining about that since COVID started, and so has everybody else. Every single time you get gas, or go to the grocery store or go out to eat, you're slapped in the face with what happened to me just yesterday?
Speaker 1: What? How could that?
Speaker 2: We went to Panda Express.
Speaker 1: This is what it cost.
Speaker 3: What where's a white table claus and a waiter in a tuxedo.
Speaker 1: Right for that price?
Speaker 2: But what it's doing to the global economy, It isn't bothering us near as much as it is the rest of the world, and it could reach a tipping point very very soon.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk more about that later.
Speaker 2: I suppose we got our friend Mike Lyones and his piece in the Wall Street Journal on a little bit later, and Joe's got mailbag coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 1: But first we need to tell you about incognity, which.
Speaker 2: Is such a great idea. This is the best thing we could do for you today is to get you signed up for incogny. Every scam, text, spam, call, sketchy email with you your name starts the same way somebody found you on a data broker's site, your home address, your email, your age, the names, your of children and your family members. All of its searching searchable rather than for sale. And scammers don't need to be hackers to get it. They just need Google in five minutes. Yes, in Cognate makes you disappear from those places. That's what Incognity does. They contact hundreds of data brokers legally force them to remove your information because the laws on your side. It's just generally nobody's pushing it. You use in Cogni, you're gonna see a lot of those spam calls, texts and emails go away, lots of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Super affordable too. It's less than that channel you never watch that you subscribe to. Right now, you get sixty percent off with an exclusive deal at in cognitot com slash armstrong. Go to in cogniti dot com slash armstrong. It's like Incognito but without d toe I ncog Ni dot com, in Cogniti dot com slash armstrong to get sixty percent off, do this.
Speaker 1: It's a good idea.
Speaker 2: As just looking up the TV and he's smiling, you gotta be smiling. But the fairy tale, fairy tale life of Fernando Mendoza is coming to an end.
Speaker 1: Is he's gonna go play for the Raiders?
Speaker 2: Enjoy? I hope I'm wrong. I hope he can turn the Raiders around, and but he's up against it. Poor guy, plucky kid?
Speaker 1: Any who?
Speaker 2: Uh mailbag on the way next. I feel like I've seen more teachers mugshots who had sex with their students' picks in the last week than I've seen in the last ten years combined. Is there a flurry of that right now or are they just getting more attention?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean, though I've seen the same. I just saw another one. I've seen like five this week. All that and out teachers relatively attractive, blonde usually decided for some reason, I have sex with a fourteen to seventeen year old, which is weird anyway, Always the same, It's always the same. It's a woman on the cusp of losing her sexual power and beauty wanting to feel that that power and charge again.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, sad.
Speaker 2: The space race is completely different than what we thought it was going to be. I was just reading a piece by Elon Musk. We'll have to get to that a little bit later. Really, okay, here's your freedom loving quote of the day. The Lovely Anna and Senny Lemesa sent along a series of quotes from Aristotle, a couple of them in particular, I.
Speaker 1: Love We'll just do both of them.
Speaker 3: The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead.
Speaker 1: And this is this is so true.
Speaker 2: Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope. Ooh, so when you're older, you're not quick to deceive because you're hopeless, Well, have a lot less hope, and you're just you're not quick to hope. You think, Yeah, there are flaws in that. We need to keep working on it as opposed to a kittle tay is that.
Speaker 1: To solve everything?
Speaker 2: Socialism will solve everything. Good, Oh, you're a fool, a young foe. This new politician will solve everything right exactly.
Speaker 3: Mail bag, Please feel free to correspond at will drop us a note mail bag at armstrong.
Speaker 2: E getdy dot com.
Speaker 3: Jerry from Quincy Wright, good morning. We must save Spirit Airlines. Their clientele is one of the greatest sources of videos showing people getting dragged off of airplanes and banned from airports. There are other sources, but I don't think we can rely on Frontier an easy Jet to make up for the loss.
Speaker 1: Stay cool, my friends, Jerry, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Par waffle House in the sky exactly. Jet Blue also strong contender in that category. Book Let's see on the topic of fecal matter in the streets and other things nice out from neck here.
Speaker 1: I was listening to the podcast segment.
Speaker 3: About the homeless people pardon the expression, crapping over Jennifer Newsom's shoulder and a press opportunity a press conference. My fiance call just as she got out of work at the State Treasure's office right next to the Capitol building in kel Unicornia, and told me she stepped over a large.
Speaker 1: Pile of human feces in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of the sidewalk, a matter I feel like I need to hear about that. Then she continued on stating, quote, I've noticed a lot more crap on the sidewalks recently.
Speaker 1: Wonder if they have E COLI.
Speaker 3: I was quick to reminder that gav Newsom got an A or B in dealing with homeless people, according to his fellow Democrats, So how could the crap on the sidewalk and be.
Speaker 2: Increasing because of housing costs. What do you not understand about inequality? Then, he points out, because it's possible to lose this sort of perspective living in the Golden State, the correct amount of crap on the sidewalk should.
Speaker 1: Be zero, Yes, zero.
Speaker 2: I thought that same thing when you say said there was an increase, There shouldn't be an increase. There shouldn't be any The standard should be none. Well, that's what it is almost everywhere in the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then a weird encounter he and his fiancee, who are looking forward very much to having children, started to mention they had a baby horse to an acquaintance and she gasped and then breathed a sigh of relief, said, oh my god, I thought you were going to say you're having a baby.
Speaker 1: Good it's a horse.
Speaker 3: And then he said, yeah, we can't wait to have kids. Conversation got very weird and awkward. And this is a thirty plus year old woman who is married. Very strange attitudes these days, Nick points out, I would agree, very odd. Let's see. On a similar topic to the first part, Rust from Portland says Portlandia is crumbling. I thought i'd give you a Portland Update. The current mayor, Keith Wilson, promised end homelessness during his first year in office. That's what he campaigned on. Well, as you can imagine, didn't work out so well. That was fifteen months ago, after allocating many millions of dollars to the so called homeless crisis.
Speaker 1: It's now even worse. Who saw that coming.
Speaker 3: Today the local news is they're closing down some of the homeless shelters due to budget concerns. So, in an effort to curb said budget problems, it's been proposed to cut twenty more million dollars from the Portland Police Bureau. More money for the homeless industrial complex, less money for law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great idea. Holy hell.
Speaker 3: Then he says, I still see the derelict, darvs in tents, and people openly again pooping on the streets on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: We have to keep saying that.
Speaker 3: Junkies shooting up, we wake up and smell lee bad policy, good bad policy. People shooting up on freeway on ramps holding signs you can't even read because it's from nine junkies ago. At least the recycling. Oh my god, junkie's wandering in and out of traffic. Meanwhile, down where I live, which is just outside of Portland, there are zero street junkies. You know why because the cops enforce the law. You can't camp here, period. It works, it's easy enforce the law. Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: There is one left turn that I make probably once a week, not far from the radio station, where there's always somebody with a sign and a sad look on their face and we're waiting in line.
Speaker 1: In the cars.
Speaker 2: It's one of those stoplights that take you sit there for a long time, and I'd say half the people give the drug addict money. Half the people in the car line hold the helmet because you have a soft head, hold money out the well. The reason I bring that up is as long as you got that many people willing to hand money up the window, I think it's going to be hard to convince people that, look, it's a drug addict problem, it's not a housing problem. We're spending billions of dollars. If they want food, there's plenty of it. There's all kinds of places in the town's around here where you can go and get food. They want to buy more booze or drugs with that money, you're handing them out the window.
Speaker 1: Do you realize that? But anyway, the.
Speaker 2: Fact that people are willing to give them that money means the message hasn't gotten out right.
Speaker 3: I retweeted a comment to a bigger tweet, but I loved it. It was about the bumps and junkies problem. When you lump together the poor, the addicted, and the mentally ill, you fail all three.
Speaker 1: And that's what.
Speaker 3: We've been advocating at the Armstrong and Getty Show for a very long time. You quit calling it the homeless problem. It's really three distinct problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I've mentioned this friend I had who she would give money to the homeless, and she would tell me, I know, I know they're going to go buy booze with it. You're not telling me something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're miserable, their life sucks.
Speaker 2: I just made them happier, which you know, I guess on some sort of micro level I can get, but on the macro level it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: At least it's conscious it's wrong, but at least it's not pig ignorance.
Speaker 2: It's a different sort of ignorance. Well, we're out of time. I really like this one.
Speaker 3: This was great in life affirming, but let it be known, Jack's filibuster just it crowded out the time. Now we don't have time for this email that would have lifted your spirits, friends, and made you happy. Here's the good news. We have three more hours. Oh that's right, checking the correct So I stay with us, won't you? Life Affirming next hour? I think we can fit it in. If you miss it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. There's lots of news today, so stick around
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty