Speaker 1: In today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we are previewing the La Rams, Aaron Donald, Matthew Stafford, all those guys.
Speaker 2: Are they overrated? I don't think so. We'll find out.
Speaker 1: Then we've got the Academy Awards coming up, and it's so important to make sure you got the best actor in the part.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You can't do.
Speaker 2: Training day with me. It's didn't do training day with our Cineo hall.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're talking about who on our team are you got.
Speaker 2: To fill those roles?
Speaker 1: And then we got the gravity of Taylor Swift is just pulling us in like a planet into the sun.
Speaker 2: We can't escape it.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Taylor Swift with a piano and a special our special guest producer Matty Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson, here, Santana Moss and Fred Smoot, and we've got some big news in the Fred Smooth. It's big, yeah, big news.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your daughter, Yes, she did? What did she do?
Speaker 2: She went for forty one?
Speaker 1: She plays basketball. Tell the people they don't know.
Speaker 3: My daughter, tenth grader here in northern Virginia went for forty one. We had we had a bet, we had a bet for two hundred and fifty dollars. So she beat me for two hundred and fifty dollars right before Christmas, and she still won her gifts, but she went for forty one and three quarters.
Speaker 2: I have to give her a round up.
Speaker 1: Well, for now, was the team that they were was the team they were playing good?
Speaker 3: No, the team they were playing were pretty good. But my daughter's pretty good at basketball?
Speaker 1: Bro, where did she get that from? Now?
Speaker 2: For me, I'm an.
Speaker 3: Ex basketball player, come up log one. Not always built like a basketball player. I was never built like a football player.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm with you, but I'm saying like, I can't imagine you hooping.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to imagine me hooping, closed your eyes and think of a mixture the athletic ability of a Wessel Westbrook and the shooting ability of Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: They caught me. Russell Curry, that's pretty good, man.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should have been playing basketball in the NBA.
Speaker 3: That because I felt like, what, You're gonna be a six feet coner, a six foot park on, I'm gonna be a six foot coner.
Speaker 2: So can we Jason? I got a question real quick?
Speaker 1: Can we get like a like you know, like how he ran the forty that one time. Yeah, can we get out and maybe get Fred shoot in the basketball a little bit sore?
Speaker 2: That's easy. So you want to do well like Horse? Yeah, it's like Horse or something. Yeah, Oh that's easy.
Speaker 3: I win Meal three six dunks, Shoot from the free throw line, shoot from the half court in boys, say win Fred.
Speaker 1: You can't even you can't even walk down here without limping.
Speaker 2: You're gonna boy boy. Yeah, so you're so you But you're just saying that you're you're a shooter.
Speaker 3: No, I'm an athlete talking Restbrook in there. I can attack the basket and play defense like Westbrook. I can shoot and handle the ball like Steph Kurkil or where.
Speaker 2: You were playing playing when you were younger. Oh listen, are you comparing yourself the guys that came up after you know? Because if that's the case, I like Reggie Miller. Actually the Reggie Miller.
Speaker 3: I asked the guys at the Lifetime GM while average a staggering twenty nine seven and seventes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude, this man cannot stop hyping himself up. Just compare yourself to Reggie Miller. Maybe the best shooter of all time. Yeah, and then you said, let's go down to Lifetime Fitness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm part of Lifetime Fitness, where I averaged twenty nine seven and seven.
Speaker 2: Has its keeping stats on the pick up. I know we had a we had a hoop down here in our little basement here at the facility with the ball in hand always.
Speaker 1: So I can't get that work out time fitness or like guys like.
Speaker 3: Me rolling friend's like, yeah, I'm a baller and it's like filling.
Speaker 2: This guy can't even walk. No, that become my feet hurt. That's what I'm saying. So you're gonna go play basketball.
Speaker 3: That's why my feet hurt because I played basketball out of time after the New Year.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what I do in my car. I just want to see him run around a little bit.
Speaker 3: I've been saying that's what I do for my cardio is basketball, because I think basketball is the best cardio because you're not thinking, you just running.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Do you think it should be like a one on one you've ever hed? Or I kill Logan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Logan did not get a basketball friend, but I will. I'm a big body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can be backing down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Fred, you don't know this about me. You don't know this about me. God, I hope we do this. I will play so hard, like if we're gonna want to.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have I'm gonna have a sweatband.
Speaker 1: On, probably some respects, maybe a face guard of some kind for it, just because.
Speaker 2: My face is gonna be smashing. I'm gonna like the twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be diving for putting, putting, closing the barn door after the voice.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be diving for rebounds.
Speaker 1: You haven't got a chance.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll do it. We'll do it in anywhere. We'll do a one on one and game.
Speaker 1: What have we playing?
Speaker 2: A ten?
Speaker 1: Were playing buckets?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? They don't Madden? Actually ashing threes? I don't know, Ted, what do you think?
Speaker 1: So you say it's always say that's a good point, all right, Just a reminder we brought to you by bet three three six five. At Bet three six five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic always. Right now, new customers can choose between two offers when they open account at bet three sixty five. Use the QR code to sign up, Deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety net offer by placing a bet up to a thousand, and if your qualifying bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or betting get offer and place a bet of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. Bet three sixty five, Official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. All right, brother, let's hit that disc Oh whoa disclaimer?
Speaker 2: Ever? Lee with that disclaimer? All right, Fred, you got it?
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one plus physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you are someone you know has a gambling problem and won't help, call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 2: He didn't do his little harm start first time. He did it without me having to say something bad about it. You know what? Kind of like Igar Allen Poe when it comes to reading my GUYO, what do you know? But I don't know what? Who don't know? That's what? Since I named the raven, I know what?
Speaker 1: Is a poem written by Egar Allen Poe, can you name one? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes I can. Oh you say smooth, so you can't name one egg. I'm just not gonna let you put me to the test like.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you didn't make you did make something up social all right, So we're talking about poems. We're talking about grown Poe. If you know po Poe, please live it in the comments.
Speaker 2: And they probably like seventy five older.
Speaker 1: Seventy five or older didn't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like you know obviously, would you know what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The raven Leonora even was just the I don't say.
Speaker 3: One to say, but you didn't say it because I'm not gonna play up to you, like I'm not gonna play down to you because everything that I say out of my mouth you fetch.
Speaker 2: So I just don't.
Speaker 1: If you had said the raven, there's nothing in fact check because that's when that's right, that's a correct poem. Right, Well, we didn't say the raven.
Speaker 2: Huh. The raven was the obvious easy choice. I just said the ravens are named after all right, Yes I did. And you not know everything I know, you know a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Point six all right, Well I know Fred knows a lot about there's a lot about everything. So let's talk about this uh L a RAMS team. And so where do we want to start? Do we want to start on offense? Defense?
Speaker 2: Should?
Speaker 3: I think we started with the two eight eight picks predidence, and that's Matthew Stafford the head of the offense. And we already know on defense who gets the thing done. But when we talk about Metrow Stafford, I think over underrated. I think underappreciated. I think heavily skilled. I think pre snap reads our top in the NFL. I think the touch on the ball, nobody else throws at the ball. I just think I think people got Methew Stafford exhaust You know how somebody like don't appreciate you because they like, Okay, he won the Super Bowl, he did this, Okay, I'm sorry. He just he one of those players any given week he can show up on the feeling be in a given team.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know the thing I hate about the whole I guess the perception of Matthew Stafford. They look at his first ten years of his career and say, oh, he played for Detroit, so he wasn't that good. But through that those ten years he had Megatron and they feel like, oh, Mega Tron made them better. Well, when you have a guy that tall and that big and that bites that that dynamic, you should be good as a quarterback because all you have to do is throw it up to him. But not only did he play well with Megatron, he also played well with the guy we talked about the team. It's not even just him. Even the other guys that was on other teams, other wide receivers that that came over to Detroit, had a chance to go out there and be dominant under his you know, being a quarterback. So when I saw him get traded and however that thing transpired with him getting to LA I knew it was going to be something. I didn't know it was going to lead into a super Bowl. But that's what the great Sean McVay needed. You know. You talk about this Dolphins team that we just faced a couple of weeks ago, and you saw how they take advantage of getting leveraged and finding the right matchup, except with seanvaye from the same tree, from the same tree. So when you put a quarterback a great quarterback, people don't give them credit for being great. But if you put a great quarterback that has the arm talent that Matthew Stafford has. You give them weapons, you give them guys that you look at and say, well, it might be the system because these guys are not top tier in your head because they don't have the speed, they don't have the same kind of you know, athletic ability. But these guys going out there being productive when you put them in a system like that, you say, well, it gots to be the system. But I think it's Matthew Stafford because we've seen the other guys play in the same system and they didn't have the same production, they didn't have the same you know, win win percentage, and they didn't have the same stat line. So I'm a guy. As a I watched a lot of quarterbacks. Hey, you can't tell me nothing wrong about Matthew Steffan, But think about it, is I feel like he's the Rottney danger Field of quarterback.
Speaker 1: Don't get no respect, getting no respect.
Speaker 3: I didn't think about it is he was traded for the other Rotteney danger field, Jared Golf gets no respect. Like Jared Golf is a bawler like you to say what you want to, but don't they feel like the same guy.
Speaker 2: I want to about it though, some guys play better under lights than some guy. Don't you think golf wasn't for the lights? Yeah, you just want to play football. I want to play football now. Matt he's a light guy. He got it when the lights on. He went to Georgia. He ready to go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like when you look at Matthew Stafford, I think, Tanny, you bring up a million great points there, Like he is what Sean thought he needed at the position. And so when you said, like Fred, you mentioned this a lot of pre snap reads, checking at the line of scrimmage, pre identifying coverages. He is a smart football player that can make any throw. Like it's some of the throws we were watching this stay in that cut up believe it was like you can just do whatever. And so it's interesting to watch you mentioned Mike McDaniels, Tanna, and watch Sean and then watch Kyle, and it's interesting how each offense looks a little bit different. This offense here in LA is so quarterback centric. They're allowing him to do so much at the line of scrimmage. They're allowing him to do so much in terms of throwing guys open, making tough reads, and the offense has been built to accommodate him, and I think that's what makes him special. Like we were watching again that Baltimore game. There's that play where we break it down this week on the Command Center show. So it makes you, guys check that out. But you know, watching him in that goal line situation waits out, Yeah, where they motion, he identifies the coverage they don't. Baltimore doesn't give the coverage away now I don't. He checks the play right a short motion. They get good leverage for Cooper Cup. Like Tanna is talking about. Tanna's running a corner on a safety and then there's a free runner. He takes a step back, throwing off his back foot, puts a little air on it, and I think, like when you watch their games, so I watched three games this week, that is such a defining characteristic of how their success. It's Matt Stafford balling, not just balling, throwing, but like at the line of Scrimma identifying we're checking the play. I'm getting the right thing and I know what's happening. I'm gonna deliver an excellent throw and make a huge place. So he is for sure a huge element I think. Like, so, let's kind of flip this kind of put a little focus on the commanders here. How do you handle that? Fred? And you mentioned this, you talked a little bit that's in our production meeting earlier today, But like, how do you for the viewers, how do you handle what he does so well?
Speaker 3: Well, to think about it is think about him. He's a pocket passer. He's the last generation pocket passer. Now ab I mean A and B gat precious, Like, if you're going to get to Stafford's not gonna be with the defense men.
Speaker 2: I hate to tell you that. Not the way that he chicks things.
Speaker 3: Not the way that he recognized man coverage, not the way that he recognized blitz. He gonna throw to the south spot. He knows where to go with the ball. The only way to make him off is to get him off his spot and make him move. When he starts to move, now the completion has become a little bit harder, and he's a little bit more more inaccurate than he is when he's sending in the pockets. So this is a run pain John Allen type game, not a kJ Henry not a defensive end game. Now, I tell my defense ends in this game, get your hands up, like, because he's gonna let the ball go quick. So if we can knock down three four balls like, that's very significant to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think you mentioned up there that I think is interesting.
Speaker 2: He's thirty five, thirty four, the older guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he had a play I think it was in It might have been against Cleveland where got a little pressure for Miles Garrett steps out, steps up and it's getting hit and his arm is just so so live. Yeah, and he can get it there. So got to be disciplined as a pastors for But I agree, and I think you said something else in the meeting and ten you can talk about this too. It's just disguising coverages a little bit, right, Yeah, don't let him get a beat on what you're doing. It's gonna be hard.
Speaker 3: I've been saying, how long can you hold it the disguise because he's going to peyton manning you.
Speaker 2: He's gonna hold his snap count.
Speaker 3: And that's what he does to keep the defensive line off ballots, changing the snap count. And that's the pre stuff, the pre snap stuff we was talking about. That's what separates quarterback. Is he gonna get loved from that from the regular person? No, But I football eyes, we see it all and that's what I think makes him great. And stopping him, I don't think it's a such thing as stopping him.
Speaker 2: Containing him.
Speaker 1: This is the thing and all everybody got to be on the same place.
Speaker 2: That has to be key, just trying to contain a guy. I'm scared for our secondary. I mean, honestly, you know when it comes to what we've seen the last what three or four weeks, you know, production wise, Now I would say this just seeing them play a little faster against the Dolphins and everybody look at that and say, oh, well you can't you know, know the Dophins just have a high powered offense that you know, it was a couple of mismatch here and there that we just go on anybody, you know, take advantage of. But if we can kind of play with that same energy. But it's just you know, we watched Tour a couple of weeks ago. We played too, and we saw how he threw the spots. Yeah, like that scares you. What scares me about this guy? It's a better quarterback. Yeah, he trusts his strong and he had that almost what the guy played for the Chicago Bears Cutler, right, he has his kind of attitude. Yeah, when it comes to like we're gonna, I'm gonna, I'm I'm gonna throw this ball at you. I know what you're doing. I'm gonna throw this ball here. I trust my guys gonna be in that spot at the right time. So I'm scarming. You got a quarterback that knows no matter what pressure you bring, I'm gonna throw them enough air and throw it enough art. I'm gonna throw enough anticipation that by the time my guy gets his head around, the ball gonna be in him. I'm gonna give a ch So when I when I'm he talking about he watched three games, I ain't watch that many. I watched the live game last weekn and I watched a little bit of Cutters and I'm like, oh, look, if I've had this throughout my career, what could I mean? And nothing against the quarterbacks I've had, but just I'm saying I could just understand what these guys are going through as a receiver, just knowing that this is what I got and I get when I beat my guy the ball gonna beat it. I ain't gotta I ain't gotta worry about looking back waiting on the ball. Yeah, I think that's a hundred percent right now.
Speaker 3: Well, if I can say anything, the one thing I can say compared to the Miami game that's gonna help out defensive backs. Their receivers don't have the speed Miami guy, so getting threatened to get pushed down the field. If I'm a dB, I want to play a little tighter coverage. I'm gonna slow my back pedal down, knowing that they want to beat me to spots.
Speaker 2: Pooking the cool and Cooper Cup.
Speaker 3: They are actually just but the carbon cofference up here. They will set you up though the runners.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, the game is on another level.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying, but with waddle and what's the name they speed, you gott to chase the like I don't have to chase these guys.
Speaker 2: I need to when they catch it, I need to get them on the ward. You say, I'm asking you because you defensive back when you're playing against a guy that you know he's very talented in one catching the ball but also running routes like do y'all say, Okay, I rather put a shell on him, already play a two under so I can, like, you know, just keep him in front of me or make sure that it's someone over the top, because I'm watching these guys run routes. Pooker might be a little more than Cup than Cup, but Cups so, I mean, he's just it's like one of those things where you almost watching Sean McVay run routes. Yeah, how he draw it up the way season he runs it, you understand, and when you ask him, man, he he spits it out that way, you know. I mean, like that's what he's sees it. It's almost like a quarterback that just knows how to run this route. So I'm running the route, I'm the quarterback, and he's seeing it from the quarterback eye. So Cooper Cups is so sharp, so dynamic, so smart. Man. It's it's it's almost like he's he don't have to be as fast as those guys in Miami. He's going to beat you regardless, you understand, Like he knows, oh, this is covered too, This is cover too, man, this is covered too under Like he knows where the hold is.
Speaker 3: That's why you want to not play as much zone on him. This is a team you can man up. Do you press this is this is a team that you can press. You can man up, and you say a mono mono, like, let's go play some football right here. They got better at they run game the last couple of weeks, so stopped you from playing two man.
Speaker 1: So I want to say this too, and we saw this in the clip the other day. They are the number one team in the NFL when they line up in a bunch of alignments, they do it more.
Speaker 2: Than anybody else. And that forced you to play some home And.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna say. They know, they're smart, they know what they're getting over there. They know what their guys do really well. And they getting bunches a lot. And we saw how many times we watched probably three or four clips yesterday in that Baltimore game. I'm getting the type bunch and I'm doing some type of motion from the bunch and guys just dropping people in coverage.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's what it is, because once the guy moves. And when we're seeing a lot of this year that I haven't seen is we've seen bunch, but we've seen them move.
Speaker 2: The inside guy, move him out.
Speaker 3: That's different, like we're used to maybe the outside guy coming into the bunch. Yeah, but the guy, the inside guy going out now the corner is looking at the back of like, are you following them out?
Speaker 2: Do I need to push? And this split second indecisiveness they're attacking you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think that's one hundred percent right. And so yeah, I think having a plan for those bunches because they do a lot of them, they lot of exposive plays out of it. And uh and I think that to your point, Fred, I think, yeah, you go. I think about Benjamin Saint Jude smashing up with Cooper Cup and if it's just straight press situation, I'm like, I actually don't hate that match up. I don't hate it because I think Saint ju is strong, physical, but they know where the deficiencies are. And the other guy I want to talk about real quick is Pooka to Coo A man I want, I got, I gotta get myself a pooko to.
Speaker 2: Cool at Jersey.
Speaker 1: I you love that guy, you love I love watching film of him, Tanna, because he is a like he's a physical, competitive son of a gun that it makes excellent contested catches got a great deal.
Speaker 2: He blocked as well as he did. I did, god know his games. He's a little faster than this guy, but he has that edginess of hyades Ward like both of those guys like they like they want that, they want want it, you know what I mean. I did not see easy A McCaffrey sun most people. I kind of like that better actually see what I'm saying. And it had a glide to you. And when I watched Pooka, I'm like, is he moving fast? But he couldn't he moving.
Speaker 1: Grass I got an interesting story about him. So he did not run well at the Combine draft. Yeah he ran okay, right, but apparently like you know, they put the computer chip in the pads. Now all of that data coming out of that chip. He was like the number one guy for like acceleration deceleration. Yeah, top end speed was really good. So even though it did't show up in the forty and apparently.
Speaker 3: Everybody can't run forty yours in front of people. Yeah, like I always tell people like this guy plays faster than that, Like right, what like you you can't run me? And Jared Wright similar in that way. You know, you know they say Jared Wright ran him Folk five forty, but I have never seen nobody.
Speaker 2: Kitchen from behind. He runs away from people.
Speaker 1: And that's like when you watch Pooka like he against Cleveland. Man they hit like like a little skinny post and I thought, man, this safety is gonna talk this boy down.
Speaker 2: No, he ain't. He ate that angle up. And so there is like he's tough.
Speaker 1: And there was a play against Baltimore where they had him like lead block like a fullback on us on Roquan Smith, and it wasn't like, oh my god, Rocant. It was like what's up, dude. I was like yeah, And then you got him running the post and out running safeties.
Speaker 2: So I he's a football player. I love that guy. Man. I think he's a good football player.
Speaker 1: He makes like he had a catch in the Baltimore game where he's diving, you know, he's got the tape on his fingers, you know, the whole thing. And I was like, I just got to respect that.
Speaker 2: Now, he's just a football you know. I get mad when I hear when I see guys like that on other teams. I'm like, who they have that? Just go out and say you know this is going to be a guy that it's gonna work like, because we always see we get the guys that like slated for that position or that that slot to go, Okay, let's get this number one guy because he's the number one guy on board and the production doesn't add up to you know what I mean. I'm not saying nothing about nobody on our team now, I'm saying we've gotten guys and you'd be like, man, he was the best guy for that position or the best guy at that that that pit, and why doesn't add up to this kind of you know place? So because Pooka got some James Thrash in him, like that, Oh he got that. That's what I say, easy in McCaffrey mixed with James Thrash.
Speaker 1: And I also think like like, I don't think they're you know, like uh, d Hall was like all those guys are they're products of this know what the Hall was trying to say.
Speaker 3: I think d Hall looked at the two players, looked at him and said, you know what with doubt, mad scientist McVeigh, if I take Cooper Cup and put Cooper Cup as a raven is he did production deductive and this and then I.
Speaker 2: Think you put Cooper Cup on our team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think what de I was saying also is is a corner How much problems do I have with this guy in one on one since I don't think I personally that what he was saying, I would have problem always.
Speaker 2: A different kind of beast when you look at what his skill, talent, you know what, he was a receiver, playing corner back. He was, he was, he was phenomenal. But you know, I will say that you can say that by a lot of guys, know what I mean. Like, I've talked about this for years as a receiver. That's why I never get caught up in the hoop love who's that guy? Who's who's yes stats, give him, give him all the credit in the world. He did it. He had to go catch the passes, he had to go make the plays. But you can't just I guess you could say, be little another guy because he doesn't have the same amount of you know, or whatever it may be. Because the opportunities or the situation or the circumstances may be different. So when you have the circumstances you have, all we can do is give him the credit for what he's doing and that's all what it is. That's where he's slated, that's where he went, and that's what he's been doing his work at. So I give a guy the appreciation. I give him his praise because his fly was right doing it. Because you've seen other guys in that system has been productive. Hey, listen, you don't get.
Speaker 1: The trip of crown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not being a good football player, like you don't lead in yours catches and touchdowns, being an average show.
Speaker 2: And we know it's beyond just being a skillful guy man, I mean about playing his game smart as everything, especially being a receiver man, like you can beat the guy, man the man. But it's very seldom that you see a guy that just finding the hold in the same workers on like we're workers on and just no when to sit down, no when to be on the same page with his quarterback. That takes time. That takes you know, sitting there watching film and going you know, being on the same same page.
Speaker 1: So and so I think they like to kind of just finish that thought, like obviously they are a system player a little bit right, because Sean knows how to maximize them. We all want to be system la but that doesn't detract from how good they are. That yeah, right, yeah, And you know it's funny. It's like how life comes from sugar. But I was talking to Sean one time and he was saying that, you know, there's only probably three guys on the team each team in the NFL that they can go anywhere. They can go anywhere, but everybody else is a system.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what we We got challenged with that here, Like the burden of having seven different coaches is I got to learn seven different defenses. And guess what some I excelled in Greg Williams, mar Lewis, Mike Tumblin excelled in Great Blosh not.
Speaker 2: So much, you know what I'm saying, because I don't fit his system. So I think all of us the system players to some point.
Speaker 1: Right absolutely, So you know, let's talky about Sean real quick.
Speaker 2: I mean, what have you seen?
Speaker 1: You know, I know you haven't watched a ton of you said, you watch two games. What's a little bit of football? Wait, what have you seen? Hi? From the offense? What do you think that he brings? We talked a lot about what he like, the situation he puts Stafford in so this doesn't need to be super long, but.
Speaker 2: I compare because we can. We got to compare him from the tree that they're from, the Shanahan tree.
Speaker 3: So when I look at Shanahan in the forty nine ers, we talked you, you brought this up and said, not so quarterback dependent. Well, this one out of all of these guys is more quarterback dependent. So in Tanner brought it up. What he draws up, they literally mimick it. So if I could say any offense, you got to be disciplined. If we're not on the same page, we're going to get beat If we're not communicating on the back.
Speaker 2: End, they're going to beat us.
Speaker 3: The one thing I also watch with him is when they come when they going into the half and come back out, whenever you was doing their work, they got.
Speaker 2: Something for you.
Speaker 3: They do very well in coming back out and figuring out what you're doing well in how to attack it.
Speaker 2: You know, one of thing that's stayd up to me is, like you said, having a guy like Matthew Stafford changes everything. You know. You have a quarterback, a veteran quarterback that's seen a lot of ball, that's seen a lot of different defensive coverages and just just know how to you know, and not only just know how to beat you, you know, with just the scheme, like has all the tangibles, you know what I mean. Yes, Sean's just and he just in this wheelhouse. He's just dialing it up and he knows the guy's gonna he gonna see it. He's gonna be able to adjust, He's gonna be able to do some things. So I mean, getting back to what we talked about, how we're gonna slow him down or just you know, I guess you could say corrality, try to contain, try to contain them in a sense. It's gonna have to It's gonna have to be. How can we not only stop or curtain the quarterback, but defensively, how can we go back and forth? You know? I mean put a book with.
Speaker 1: The chance man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and their coaches sometimes I think, you know, when you're in games like this, it's about the coaches, you know, more so than players the players going to play.
Speaker 3: So are you afraid that since met there was a coach on the field, Because we talked about that, who do we have to match his coaching on the field?
Speaker 2: Is I'm in a lineback and check when he needs to.
Speaker 1: And Cody's done a good job of that when he's been in. Now he did his play always and hasn't like I think he's playing much better the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Earlier.
Speaker 1: The season is still figuring out, but he's always been good at getting people lined up and getting things away they're supposed to be. So the fact he's healthy, yeah, I think it's going to give the chance. I will say this. We were talking about their offense looks awesome, Like the good players look amazing. Stafford's playing awesome, Cooper cup nicoua awesome Williams for whatever, Yeah, for whatever reason. Though they hit these little spurts where they'll go three and out, like five consecutive drives or like three consecutive drives. So they do give you an opportunity offensively right because they are they're not while the good is really good.
Speaker 2: They getting these.
Speaker 3: Weird laws where it doesn't look they predicated big play offense.
Speaker 2: You make them patient. This the kryptonite.
Speaker 1: You make them.
Speaker 3: You gotta beat me by twelve plays. A ten play They're gonna have to be a ten plate drive if you're going to score they're.
Speaker 2: Not so well with that. Good in a ram zone, not good going.
Speaker 1: To length at the field. And I think the numbers, like Stafford's numbers support that, like all of his advanced analytics like big time throws EPA per play are off the charts, so like per throw is great, but they are in this situation where his total numbers, total yards, total touchdowns are just kind of blind. Yeah, And I think, and I don't know why, but they hit these moments where either he can't elevate, Sean can't call the right play, and the offense looks a little bit stuffed.
Speaker 2: And I think there's the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: That's the line.
Speaker 2: Don't forget.
Speaker 3: This team got made over after the Super Bowl after they said if those picks, and now they need those because when you lose with you lose a guy like well, that's the corner stone on your office of line. They have to build office lineback. They had to build a running backs back. And I think they just gathering themselves. I think they just getting to the point where they're like, all right, now we're gonna take that next step forward to try to get back to where we used to be at all.
Speaker 1: Right, real quick. Let's touch on the defense. There's one name we got to talk about. That's Aaron Donald. Everybody else on that defense is the middle lineback hall got his name forty second. It's playing pretty good, but everybody else is young. Yeah, I say, what kind of problems does Aaron Donald present?
Speaker 2: And how do we account for him?
Speaker 3: He's a minute to society. And when you got to minute to society, you gotta put him in prison. The only way you put him in prison is to get lost in and it's cosmic and whoever else the prison to lock this man up. And we've seen them do a lot of let's put him over here and let's bring the blitz from this side, so they're not just gonna let you gang up on him. They're gonna have an answer for the stuff that you do. But he's a one man rick and crew, let's just be honest.
Speaker 1: And he's not playing as well as he was two years ago. And we say that and he has five sets again, but like he's still like and that being said, we're talking about him going from maybe the most dominant player in NFL history to just like a really good player, you know what I'm saying. And he's still top five. He's awesome, it's just not that level of Like I remember watching him when I was in San Francisco. This is seventeen and literally watching the film being like, I have not seen someone block him yet this entire game. And that's not an exaggeration. Yeah, no one could block him. Now you get in phases where you know it's he'll still win.
Speaker 3: And he's not the biggest guy. Like the one thing that he does is get skinny in the hole.
Speaker 1: And that linebacker's name was Ernest Jones, by the way, all right.
Speaker 3: And the only person I seen get skinny in the hole like he does when he's fighting deep as a live One SAP used to do it like One SAP used to turn his show, to turn his back and they couldn't block him. And it's getting up the field with two steps getting and they use they hands so well, then it's over with. And that's what I'm saying, Like, if we lit the best thing with him is don't let him start fast. If he starts fast, it's over now. If you lean on him quarter after quarter. And I always say this about great pass rushes, you want him to stop pass rushing.
Speaker 2: Run at him. Yeah, run at.
Speaker 1: Exactly at That's the thing with him, He's so to your point, he's so slippery that you run at him and he skates the guy run away from him.
Speaker 2: He can chase it down.
Speaker 1: So he's he's a excellent football player. But you definitely had a plan for him. The other thing, ten, I want to bring up in the back end. You watch this defense, I see a lot of coverage busts young and I feel like that's something they can get Sam Howell right.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, that's something that we can take advantage of. And also, you know, when it comes to just you know, I got to go back to Aaron Dodd, I got it, cause we can talk about coverage busses, but if you ain't even blocking that guy, he ain't gonna have enough time for that, you know, to take advantage of those coased bushes. Twelve person now thirteen, I mean bring in too tight, bringing double tight. I mean no, honestly, let's be let's be real, bro, Like I've seen this. Even though he doesn't have the numbers of the years before, he a game is still just killing things. I mean I watched the Ravens put four guys on him, so you have to find a way because one of the things you just said that stood out, You say, oh, yeah, he hasn't had that many, he gonna have five sacks. But then you face that one team that you know, okay, I'm gonna get four, you know what I mean? Getting on for the hunt today, Yeah, today is the day I get my I'm hoping that we can go into this game and say, let's let's if we do anything right, let's make sure that he's not the fact reason we lose, you know what I mean? And I just want to see that once because I feel like we got the week we play these teams, these dominant teams, whether it's a gawn of offense or is the guys on the defense that we allowed to be dominant. We allowed to be the guy that we knew he was going to be coming into the game. So hopefully this is the game that we say, regardless of what goes on, let's make sure this guy isn't the factor of them. I did take from the Ravens game is this might be a fullback game.
Speaker 3: When I when cause you know, Ravens got three hundred pound fullbacks and they was plunging him into him like they would bring him in motion, plunging him into it.
Speaker 2: Like I love team with fullbacks. That's just who I am.
Speaker 3: And they was always the harder teams for us to play like because they come out and they physical, physical, then they throwing one over the top of you.
Speaker 2: It's just something about a fullback. Man.
Speaker 3: So to me myself, if I see the fullback dressing for our team this week, I'm like, all right, they get the message.
Speaker 1: We gotta go physical with them.
Speaker 2: All sorts of Ravens getting a lot of you know, spread offense. Yeah, like they took advantage of those guys in the secondary. I mean, I was listening to OBJ talking about he's like a couple of times he renting the wrong, wrong rock, and then a couple of times you watch him he baiting the safety and he running. He ran a he ran. It was like a basic and go you remember, And he saw the one he scored on if you saw how he came off the line, if you jumping that basic because he really ain't can attack you, Like who is that safety? You know what I mean? Like I was like, you've been on that, like you had him because he wasn't running with nothing, you know, what I mean. So when you look at stuff like that, and one of the things that I've always said about this league with you guys know, it's a copycat league. You know, if that work, we're gonna do it. Put it in our off you know what I mean. Find things that other teams were successful with and put in your offense added to how you script things and see if it goes the same way. Because they have to be mindful of it too, you know, they have to say, hey, this might happen. We might get you know, might get the same look, so be ready for it. And then if it's not open and you hit the other guy, is this the week for Terry to have that game?
Speaker 3: Like we'll be waiting on that game, like that one hundred and fifty sixty seventy yard game.
Speaker 2: Is this the week for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just this is a fun statistic that we brought it up in the production meeting too, is they are the third worst team in the NFL giving up exposive pass. So Terry needs two or three catches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take it the distance, man.
Speaker 1: They bust coverage like, It's not like they bust coverages on big completions. There's times where they're in a bunch, they motion out of it. I'm talking about LA. Yeah, and they just or know the the Ravens excuse me, and Obj's running in and there is no one close twenty yards. Yeah, so the quarterback is working that side. That's an explosive play.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So just about when they do mess up, can you capitalize on it? Can you block Aaron Donald in the middle.
Speaker 3: And it ain't gonna be the home field in LA ain't really home field. So I think when the office is on the field, the noise won't be like it usually be when you own the road.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great point, all right. Just reminder we were brought to you by Bet three six five. At Bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic like me. That's why we offer an NFL Early payout offer. Get your straight bets paid out or parlay selections marked as winner when your game goes up by seventeen points, regardless of whether the oponent comes back to win the game. Our NFL Early Payout offer is hit over fifty two times this season. Use the QR code to sign up and see for yourself why it's never ordinary about three six y five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Ready for it, Show me what you get. Must be twenty one year old and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly if you or someone you know has a gambling problem. Me and once hip call one eight hundred. Gamble that. Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, So now we're gonna do a segment called Commander's Advantages. And because we're going to Hollywood, yeah, we're gonna put it all in the context of, like we're making a movie. Okay, best cinematography, best cinematographer, excuse me, yes, someone who needs to look good, best supporting actor. Just make some consistent plays you're like in that movie, Like when Denzel Washington's killing the scene and his buddy is just the guy.
Speaker 2: You're like, Man, I'm like Denze Hill, that guy's crushing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy in the background, he's doing what he's doing.
Speaker 3: When you're watching something, you just do a cramp, Like, am I the only person crying at them?
Speaker 2: In the end game game? Oh? Got the helm out? I mean that crying We got to kill Dan was hard on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so then we got best Director being control. That feels like maybe a coaching one. And then best actor be the leading man, right he that Denzel guy, don't be the friend, be the main guy. Let's start with the top best cinematography. Who needs to look good this game.
Speaker 2: My guy, manny Ford.
Speaker 3: It just he needs to because you know, in the league, it's only taken one game for you to ball out, for you to believe that, hey, not only do I belong here, I could be a star here. And no better way to enter your startlem than in LA like and you go. You get to go against another rookie and pooking the cool all right, who's getting all the praise?
Speaker 2: Go get this praise from him.
Speaker 3: You shut him down to two catches fifteen yards. Now they's saying many Ford finally finding it. And now they're like, Okay, maybe it wasn't him, maybe with the play calling that he was going with.
Speaker 1: So I think for the overall view, I think Man of Forbes need.
Speaker 2: This to look good. And I think the only way he can look good is have the guys up front, who I'm gonna mention right now, play their part and do what we've been waiting to see them do more of and you know, I understand Chase is going and Sweat going, but we still have Alan and Pain, and I need to see him bring that joy and pain, you know what I mean. I need to see these two guys be the guys that we just saw play Hall of Fame or not Hall of Fame, but Pro Bowl style, you know, take over game level. Yeah, you know, just last season, I think there there are two guys that can you know, one of the things I can say. You know, Allen has he gets a lot of double teams here and there, and even with paying get double team. Pain is one of those guys that has that. Aaron Donald is Lawren, he has that kind of you know what I mean, he has that you know, he just does things differently. You know, you you don't see too many guys that play the way he plays. So I want these guys to have one of those games. I want these guys to look good, you know, in a you know, I guess, in a meaningful game. Yeah that you going to la this is the time for you to you know, shine, this should be your game to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For me, I think this is a tough one for me. I'm gonna go with Terry McLaurin. I think kind of for the same reason that Tanna said for for for Don and he needs this game, he needed to be and I think it's there, right. I think they've got They've got some young guys in the secondary. They're not playing overly well. I think when you look at the defensive line, obviously Aaron Donald's there, I think the old line should be able to protect handle him and let Terry go eat and so I want him to look good. I want to execute and kind of Johann falls in the same bucket receivers. Maybe just in general, I think that this is a good opportunity against this defensive secondary that's talented but young and making mistakes. Yeah, like, let's capitalize that mistakes and let's get some exposive plays for for Terry.
Speaker 3: It's funny you say it there, because at the end of the day, I think Sam should come.
Speaker 2: Into this game. And I know he loves to spread the love.
Speaker 3: I know this his theme, but at one point you got to say, you know what, it's time for me to go to my go to guy and go to him early and off.
Speaker 1: And I think it's also it kind of falls on eb too to say Hey, let's we got like this concept. Let's put Terry at the number one spot. Let's put Jahan the number one spot. Yeah, let's get him some touches early. Let's get those opportunities, all right, best supporting actor, just someone who needs to be consistent, consistent down.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start with this one. I want to jump. I want to jump the gun. So y'all won't still take your guy what you got Johann Dottson, I like that one. You know, we see at times, man when he's not getting the looks and he's not getting you know, not being involved in the play, you kind of forget about him. Kind of you kind of see it in his body language. You kind of see it, and just you know, the play card they don't even come back to them because they understand the same thing that we're seeing. So I think he needs to have a game where, even if it's not the big plays or the big routes, just consistently giving him opportunities to catch the five yard hitch or a five yard under or just get him involved early and often so when we need him to step up later on the game, if we don't have Terry making the big plays we can count on him. I think he's one of those guys that you know, we even though he's still leading the receivers in touchdowns right now, I think he's leading the team in receiving touchdowns with four He's a guy that can get lost in the shuffle. And this is the time. We got four games left. You need all your guys. But he's one of the biggest guys on the offense in the passing game that we need to step up for them to give him more opportunities. I don't think it's necessarily just him. I think they just need to get him more involved, but get him involved in in plays where he can really you know, excel with. You know, I've seen at times we attempt the ball to him, but it's not in the right moment, it's not in the right situation, and that could weigh on the receiver. I've been there. I've been a guy that ran a slant and I know this guy on my back and he's draped over me and it's just not gonna make you know, you know, make out for me to catch this pass. And then that's like a you know, notch on me to make that play. No, it was perfect coverage and threw me a ball that ship got on getting paid to. So just get them involved early, fine windows and holes where you can get them, get them a couple of touches and watch he can be that guy late in the game that can make some big plays for us. I'm going Cameron curl I'm going Cameron Curle list.
Speaker 3: I need somebody to step up and be Tito Jackson, Like at the end of the day, the Jackson five. I know Michael was their star, but you ain't done with that Tito. You need Tito too, and I need Cam to Like it's two people. I just I'm waiting for that game, and that's Terry mcloin and Cameron Curle. Cavirion curR has been playing very consistent. But where the splash plays, where the interceptions, where the forest formers, where the former recoveries, give me a sack or two, Like, I need that game from you because then I can move you from Tito to Michael.
Speaker 2: And that's what I really want to do.
Speaker 3: But I can't do it without a stat line, Like I cannot do it without a stat line and consistency. Ten nine eleven tackles a game I need splash plays and the game changeably, and you.
Speaker 1: Kind of took my my my group because I was gonna say, like the secondary in general, because I think, you know, the linebackers played better. The defensive line played better last week. Kendall Fuller had a good game last week, say juiced some good stuff. There was a lot of positive things. But can we get you all to be on the same page in the back end, And I think that starts with camp Camp Crowley as a leader back there. Just eliminate the mental mistakes, man, eliminate the exposive plays, and I think you're gonna be okay. You know, like it's not gonna be the not gonna be the best defense in the NFL.
Speaker 3: We ain't had an INSP since October, right, but just it's Halloween.
Speaker 1: I don't even care about interception. Just do what you're supposed to do, cover the guy you're supposed to cover. I think that's gonna be huge for me. I'm gonna say the offensive line because I think the offensive line played, you know, like they've been getting crushed for the sack numbers, but when you watch down to down pretty solid group. Last two weeks struggled a little bit. Can we get back to that. Hey man, we're average and support this offense and the way that you were supporting it earlier this season? Right protect Sam pickup blitz is no quick pressures, no quick wins for that defensive line. Big task this week because Aaron Donald's out there. I think that's the group I just want to highlight. You know, Sam Cosby has been playing great. I think Chris Paul struggled last couple of weeks. Can he play better? I need to do it this week to kind of elevate that group. And just because think about it, if they don't play well, the offense is going to struggle to get those guys going. Okay. So this is interesting and I can't wait here.
Speaker 2: What you got to say? Pretty cold in here? I feel like snumb You took the words I was sitting here fence like bro y'all ain't the hawk? Hawk is here, man.
Speaker 1: I actually like it. It feels kind of good. You like the hawk that No, I like the temperature in here, but you don't like hawks. I'm still I'm still refining my hawk.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's still coming along.
Speaker 2: Like where do I use it? How do I deliver hulk ain't size is in here?
Speaker 1: That hawking here?
Speaker 2: How it's still not coming off your tongue. I'm looking, they just said, And I gotta get Jason some credit. Jason, like, Jason said that. I said, at the same Hell, no, no, j just said that. You said, you said, like, you're right, you say it different, like is that really a hawk? He said? Here, I'll get it.
Speaker 1: I'll keep practicing. It's getting better, you know out there.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we verified that it did exist, that the hawk did. Is it all right? So best director Midwest, thank you, best director for this game. Run coach.
Speaker 3: Coach Rivera because he got an extra week to implement his defense and now just went I'm going to judge him.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to judge in Miami. You had five age. Just stop one of the most potent offenses in Elite. Now bye week.
Speaker 3: Now show me what the identity of the defense is. How are we different? I ain't worried about what the identity is. How are we different than what we used to do? And I think what he's gonna do is what all great defensive do. You're not gonna beat me with your usual suspects. You won't beat me with Cooper Cup. You won't beat me with Pooka Nikola. You're gonna have to beat me with your third wide receiver, while your fourth wide receiver with slow death.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I think I think he's gonna he's gonna make somebody else beat him. And I think they're smart to too well or somebody like that gonna have to beat him.
Speaker 2: Don't forget about him either. He fast. I think we all can kind of just pick it back off that I like n.
Speaker 1: I got a different one, but I like Ron one control. Yeah, obviously we agree Ron big deal here. And for me, I'm gonna pick a player. I'm gonna pick Brian Robinson Junior. And I think when if he can be in control of this game, get the touches he needs to get, catch the footballs he needs to catch.
Speaker 2: He has.
Speaker 1: He's shown an ability to really impact the game. You know, obviously a guy that is up for Pro Bowl contention. You know, first among running backs in the NFC for in terms of yards per reception, second and broken tackles per rush. Like, he is a guy that has a skill set that is very, very advantageous for this offense. And so we always talk about ball control whatever we're doing here, right, I just want to see him get some touches, you know. And again that kind of goes into eb what kind of game you call him? Can you lean on this defense? You take Aaron Donald out by running the football. I think that all starts with him and uh and his and his physical skill.
Speaker 2: He's not sure of what's going to go on with b Rob because you know he had a little nick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so yeah, you know he's practicing this week, so we'll see how he looks on game day.
Speaker 2: You always want to be, you know, careful than just throwing him out there, especially with the hamstring coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ham screen. One play away, Always tell people one play away from.
Speaker 1: All right now for the final that was terrible, like, okay, there we go. That was hard for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, had no sound to him.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, all right, best actor be the leading man. And I think we all know Tannau quarter.
Speaker 2: Sam, I am. I mean, can we pick anybody else that's fitting more fitting for that position? Now? I think Sam just the guy man. I think this we've seen for the last four or five weeks where if this offense is stagnant, it's because the quarterback play, regardless of what we're getting pressurized, regardless of what we're seeing, you know what I mean. Out there in the secondary, if Sam isn't having one of those games where he's controlling things, understanding that what I see up there, I gotta get rid of the football, Understanding that what I see down there, I got to hit the right person that's open with the football, Understanding that I might have a chance to take a shot. I got to make sure this shot happens. He's the guy. He's the guy that's gonna We're gonna go as far as he goes. And when we see the outcome of some of these games that we've seen in the past few weeks, Sam hasn't been Sam. It hasn't been to Sam that we were just once talking about that they found that guy. Now we're back to do we have I guy? You know what I mean. So it's just like I say, listen to everything. I just to tell all of it. And it's crazy how that's why I've always been that guy. Stay neutral, you know, never get too high, never get too low, stay neutral. To me, Sam's still a product that you can win with. You know, He's a guy that he's learning on the job. So with that being said, we've seen him play some great games. We've seen him play so some not so great games. Can Sam be a guy that just control things, understand what's going on, manipulate their defenses because they try to manipulate what we do offense, manipulate their defenses. With some of his passes, some of his threat of being being able to be a runner, he showed now enough that he can run. Take advantage of it. B RG three. Now to do what I used to tell RG three. Hey, bro, it ain't there run take off run. You have that, you have that asset to you use it and if not, we will fall by the wayside. Because he's the guy. He's the guy that he's the leading role. And without Denzel being in training to day as other as he was, nothing you your haul and training.
Speaker 3: And that's why in my head, the leading man of my movie, it's one coach being in me claiming their soul played by London Fletchers.
Speaker 2: Yes, you come in here with a black eye. You could wait, bro, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: Though, I think I think Coach be enemy can have an imprint on this game because when we come into the game, everybody gonna be talking about mcveigh's d offensive good rule. And I'm sure coach being me just sitting over there, like, Hey, my guy second in the league in yards, my guy been in the league two years, look at what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Went over here, a guy that's up for potential Pro Bowl. Look at what I'm doing over here.
Speaker 3: So I think Coach is just sitting back and saying, you know what, this is a game I can go demand respect. This is a game I can put my imprint on it, and me and Sam could be hosted hoisted up is all right, Well, this is a young duo that people need to watch out for.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go Coach be enemy played by London Fletch. I totally it's so funny, man, This guy's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. But yeah, so I would.
Speaker 1: I would agree Sam how Eb. And again I just a little analysis here. The offense has struggled the past couple of weeks. Yeah, receivers don't seem like they're quite timing up with him protections.
Speaker 2: I've been there.
Speaker 1: Can we all come together because I do think this offense is driven by Sam Howe. Yeah, we got to make some plays and uh, and I think he's got to be the guy. He's got to be the leading man. He's got the ability man, He's got the ability you want. Do you think back to those New England games, you know, early in the season against Denver, like he has done some tremendous stuff. Let's get back to that against the defense that I think is is good but not great. Definitely not as to the caliber defense who played last.
Speaker 2: Coup year in the last couple of weeks, no doubt.
Speaker 1: All right, So now it's time for game Predictions, presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders. Stop searching, go Northwest, check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join and how Northwest can help make your money work for you. Stop by a branch or visit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today.
Speaker 3: And I'll be in a branch drinking coffee waiting on you to come. Yeah, no, West, I'll be there. I just sitting there, sitting out and just sit there hilly.
Speaker 2: In the lobby. What are you talking about. I'll just be sitting in the lobby at the Credit Union.
Speaker 1: They they give a good coffee or got cookies or free coffee.
Speaker 2: That's how you need to know. I think we should do that one day. I think we should have appearance just sitting in the Credit Union's come on to the all the all the watchers and listeners of Commanding the podcast. Let's just go hang out at the Credit try to just work on our credit even have a live podcast. Yeah cool. Listen. The one thing I know about Credit Union.
Speaker 1: That's a good atmosphere for a podcast is that Quietah.
Speaker 2: No, Actually I wanted them people because I'm all about free stuff. I walk in the bank when I don't need to be there just to get a free couple of coffee. I walked right out of this. Remember free coffee. I'm walking out of here, all right.
Speaker 1: So this is the part of the show that not always fun to do. Game predictions mm hmm. You know what I really do.
Speaker 2: And it's been a couple of weeks. It's like it's been a couple of weeks. I really do think we can win this. This one feels like it because you know what we're coming out for. Buy.
Speaker 3: We're playing against a team that just played a fifth quarter in the Rangers they play the fifth quarter football, it's the quarter that always hurts. We met your well against him. You know, things they do well, we kind of do well. Things they do bad, we kind of do bad. So it's a toss up on it. I think whoever stores off the fastest in the first quarter wins this game. I'm going to say twenty four fourteen fourteen. Yeah, twenty four to fourteen.
Speaker 2: You just made that up on the spot.
Speaker 1: I did. I'll go okay. So I think that this game, to Fred's point, feels like the most winnable game we've had in a couple of weeks, because I thought Dallas gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it could be trouble, and then Miami was gonna be really tough. Now this feels like if the defense just plays consistently and offensively, we get the version of Sam Howe or he's been super productive. I think we got a shot. And I think this defense, for them, they busts enough stuff. They're not always on the same page. You can get some game plan throws, get some explosive plays and you're in it. I just think this road trip's gonna be tough for this team.
Speaker 2: I don't think the west coast east coast trip is what it used to be.
Speaker 3: It's hard trip, though, I know it's come on, you're here, it's like forty degrees. It's dead outside the burden left and with the Mississippi right when you laying in La, that sun right there, like it energizes you, like it's warmer.
Speaker 2: Our guy's gonna be like, you know what, I feel a little better. Let's go play a football.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a good point. So I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say twenty eight to twenty four. The Commanders end up losing this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't. I ain't gonna board them. I ain't gonna board them. People with all that analytical stuff. They ain't got a chance. Stop no chance. Okay, can't we put up the disclaimers and all that stuff. You gotta be twenty one older. I mean, honestly, the man. Look, I'm gonna be that guy. Yeah, let me put it out there and so they can get mad or something and win. Yeah, you're trying. You're trying to give Bill barbo. I'm trying to psych myself out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're playing reverse psychology with yourself, we're doing it, bro, I keep doing it.
Speaker 2: It ain't don't work. But hey, he ain't got a chance. Show me, show me, show me. I think from Missouri, I just I just want a really competitive football game. I want I want it every week that I know.
Speaker 3: This is what I want for the first game this year. I want to ask stars to be stars like simple. I want pain in Allen, I want uh Sam, I want Tarry.
Speaker 2: I want stars, stars and pain. Yeah, that's what I want. Shine.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I think we're all raight. Oh that was like a nice Sottle harmony there. I'm not a big music guy, but I like you nothing. All right. Just reminder we were brought to you by Bet three six five. At bet three six five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sports should be epic. Right now, New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at bet three six five. Use the QR code to sign up, deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety that offered by placing a bet up to a thousand and if you're qualifying bet is, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or betting get offer in place about a five dollars or more and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary been three six y five official sports betting partner of the Washington Command.
Speaker 3: I can't believe people are paying two hundred and fifty thousand for the UCLA education.
Speaker 2: I was a pretty good read, right there. I gotta do the disclaimer.
Speaker 1: Must be twenty one or older and physically located Virginia, Virginia, Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one hundred gambled.
Speaker 2: It's so funny that Virginia might be home of the Washington Wizards. And yeah, well no it's not. Might be there are They said it this morning. It's still got to go through the house. It's still the final. It just came across the thing, all right, Well it's final. It went through the house.
Speaker 3: Well, Virginia is the biggest riches state. They have no proteins. Oh really in America?
Speaker 2: What is my thing? How does you know that? I don't know everything, but this is my thing. Now, this is my question, because I've been here in the old Hoop leaving d C is not It's still a DC team, It's still Washington. They're just basing theirselfs in Virginia, Like how the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn, but they New York team it's in San Francisco, moved.
Speaker 2: Out of there, like uh so, No, I'm just saying because I've heard so much backlash on what is what's going to be missing when they leave d C. But I'm like, d C is d C. You have so much other stuff to offer, they don't really need to nations. Franklin watched the game in d C. Is the stadium moving or are they still playing their games?
Speaker 1: They're going to I thought the facility was.
Speaker 2: They're building a whole news sports complex and a practice facility in Alexandria.
Speaker 1: Right, So we'll talk more about that as that. And then I've been closer and we have some very special guests here today because we are doing a pop culture segment today, and everyone knows with pop culture you gotta have what are we calling it? Pa?
Speaker 2: Is that what we're calling you? Anna? Hey, sorry, Dyslexia got me favorite? A Pianna is here.
Speaker 1: And then we've got an even more exclusive guest producer Maddie and I don't know if you guys know this producer means basically she's the boss of the show and so here she was a round. So Maddie Anna, how are you guys doing today?
Speaker 4: Well, thank you guys so much for having us on today. We really appreciate being here to uh to talk to Pop Taylor.
Speaker 2: Sweet voice. That's the nicest. That's the nicest Maddie's ever been.
Speaker 4: Maddie's voice that she is about that.
Speaker 2: Is not the Maddie that tailor mean when I got to be in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a very nice message of saying, hey, guys, let's make sure we're down here at this time.
Speaker 2: Can you keep it? I have no problem with you, Maddie made who's got no one's got problems with Maddie. I don't have problem with Maddy, except for Maddy need to kind of put her foot down at times with some knuckleheads. You know you got one knucklehead. I don't know out. I just break up stuff that everybody want to tell you A hit dog will holler it will and I ain't say nobody.
Speaker 3: Just like earlier when I brought up the fact that amma had on a terror neck to neck turn.
Speaker 2: Want to say, first off, that's a very nice sweater. It depends on your grandma and time out.
Speaker 1: For one second, you are tripping always wearing mock necks and stuff, and the second someone elsewhere.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, what's up with that thing covering your neck? What's going on with that?
Speaker 4: Put me an elf on the shelf to the recker, because you know what.
Speaker 2: Does the elfh on the shelf have a mock neck? You got a Marknick, Do you have a picture of that. Yeah, it's like it's like a collar. She got the same shirt you woll you took your picture for you talking about the white was about I look good in my neck. Here's a difference between mock and turtle. I mean it covers a lot of your neck.
Speaker 1: You's got a short neck.
Speaker 2: Maybe that mock neck. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so the reason they're here for their expertise, right, So, right now everyone's freaking out. Travis Kelsey's having a down year, not down year for him, and he's parting after partying after a tough loss around so.
Speaker 3: We as Anthony's not supposed to have a personal life, so We're just supposed to go to work, go home and show up and play a game. We can't go to dinner. We can't go part of without a half.
Speaker 1: He's hanging out with Tata, and there's a different there's a different standard there, Right, there's a different standard because I got I can't just go hang out with my old lady at the at the bar that night, right, I gotta go to like Brazil. So the travels a little bit different. This reeks of Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel the same way.
Speaker 2: It reeks of this is going on the boat.
Speaker 1: So, hey, what do you think I remember? So, yeah, what do you think is this Taylor Swift? Is Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce the same thing as Tony Romo and Jessica Ciska Simpson.
Speaker 2: It's bigger. You don't even know that is I think? So I know who it is.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is the same scale. I think it's two of the top professionals in each of their respective areas coming together to support each other. And I also want to know the definition of of just going out and having dinner like that's not partying.
Speaker 1: That's just city.
Speaker 2: Go have dinner, like he said, if they're catching a flight to tim Buck two. We got a game Friday. I think that's the whole thing about it.
Speaker 5: I got Can I say that I heard that this was a birthday party that he was at attending and nobody saw any sort of beverages in his hands.
Speaker 3: See that's the police sn't need people checking the sea happened.
Speaker 1: That's part of the thing though, when you're when you're going out with a girl like that or a person like that, like you gotta yeah, you gotta be locked in. But I will say this, he is not having a bad year.
Speaker 4: That's know what I'm saying, as like, actually look at the numbers and describe what a down year is for me. He's going to hit a thousand yards this season, likely just under nine hundred right now.
Speaker 2: It's for Why do I feel like easy to get fitting?
Speaker 1: He's leading all tight ends and interceptions.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift should be dating Tom Brady, Like I feel like she's a quarterbacks girl, not a tight girl.
Speaker 2: Like this because you a tight end that's like you like it. I feel like it used to be Joe Burrow. I supposed to be Thomas.
Speaker 1: What do you think girls, ladies, women, Tom.
Speaker 2: Brady, because I think a quarterback has cliche. Well, so all the women in the world love Kelsey, so they're going to think that, So only ask him that question.
Speaker 5: Kelsey is like there as a tight end, He's going to be one of the greats.
Speaker 2: Not even now. We ain't talking about his performance, We're talking about the the vibe. The vibe because like, there's something about a guy.
Speaker 1: There's something about a quarterback, right, And this is maybe our bias is swimmer players quarterback if they just feel like they're the most famous on the team all the.
Speaker 5: Ways, well they're both equally as famous Travis and Patrick Mahons, You don't think.
Speaker 2: So nobody compares to the quarterbacks quarterbacks. That's interesting. That's an interesting point. What I appreciate you acknowledgeing because they made it seem like when she first started dating Kelsey that he was nobody who was who is who is Kelvy? Who is Kelsey? And I'm like, this guy has commercial, this guy has the status. This guy is like the leading tight end, and he's always going to be the arguably the best play the game. So statist, I mean like you're statistically why was my motto? You know?
Speaker 1: So, my question is do you think she should be dating a quarterback?
Speaker 2: No? I think it matters.
Speaker 5: It doesn't. He's successful, Maddie.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you a turn getting back to that. I don't feel like it matters. Why doesn't it matter?
Speaker 4: I feel like they should just be able to do whatever they want. They're two of the greatest.
Speaker 2: Do whatever they want.
Speaker 1: Because they're great. Look, but I'm saying like you're you're like you're your bucking NFL tradition here because the quarterback gets the girl.
Speaker 4: Does not say that the tight end position is now like one of the more popular I would I would.
Speaker 1: Like to say that it's quarterback.
Speaker 2: It is you're right receiver.
Speaker 4: Like back when you all were playing, was it tight end position?
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't. As it wasn't. It wasn't as popular as it is now.
Speaker 1: You know you work with me, am I cool.
Speaker 2: As an individual, it doesn't matter what your status is. If you and that person connect, y'all should be at a date. Now, I understand we live in two different worlds. You're talking about the entertainment world and you're talking about the football world. Of course they would say that the quarterbacks should have the it girl. But Travis Kelcey isn't just an ordinary football player. He's the it tight. Yeah, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a there's a gravity to the celebrity of yeah that certain people can't tolerate. You got to be your own selestial entity here. This is a crazy analogy all of a sudden, But like she's like, she's it right. She might be the most famous sun and you have to be able to keep your orbit around her or she's gonna just suck you into the sun and burn.
Speaker 2: That's why I cannot wait for this new love that playoff. He's the he's the right guy for her, That's what I'm saying. He's gotta have.
Speaker 5: He has an edging this into the entertainment world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got his podcast.
Speaker 2: Entertainment that's just football.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many how many views he's acting to too? He has like like five million or something.
Speaker 5: Right, But they're doing a great job.
Speaker 4: It's a good podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, the podcast has grown even more with the whole him and his relationship. But I was just at Joe's Cafe and you know spot that we we all eat at I love and I'm sitting there waiting on my sandwich and I'm like, dude, they have a Travis Kelsey picture sitting here. So so that was Mark. That was like the little light bulb cooking on, like this is showing this is either from what the hoop lies been about or they just they just love Travis Kelson. I feel so y'all y'all answered that question both because I.
Speaker 3: Watched LeVar Arrington. He was dating you know, Williams. She was here every day in practice, but they on't blew up like this. It's it's Arena's world right now tennis.
Speaker 1: Because they're both athletes. So yeah, it's different.
Speaker 2: Well I'm just saying, but I mean, I mean, we have we have experts. We have experts here. Is it different.
Speaker 1: Is dating an athlete different than dating us a celebrity celebrity?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just both the same things different.
Speaker 5: I think it depends on how famous the athlete.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's Serena Williams. There wasn't a more famous female.
Speaker 5: Williams is very fa.
Speaker 2: And I guess because it was the times that we was in and we didn't have social media, a lot of this stuff that we a lot of stuff we're talking about right now. The only reason why we're talking about it because of what these phones allow us to see every day and allow everybody else a gateway.
Speaker 3: Into everybody life and everybody life perfect and on Instagram.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the biggest thing too, is it's like in the entertainment world, you're trying to connect with your friends more on a one on one basis, So you're posting more on social, You're you're being more interactive as where athletes don't, like that's not their main platform, Like they're focused in season doing their thing. They're not always out on social trying to be as one on one interactive with their fans.
Speaker 2: And Travis is like, that's a different screw that. I'm the I'm the baddest and I'm gonna go out here. I'm gonna go have a drink out here at this party after we got our butts kicked, and trust me, I'm gonna be able to do this. But that's the thing. Long before the Swift is turned on them though, like if they break up, it's over with.
Speaker 4: I mean they tried to turn on him.
Speaker 2: Why what happened?
Speaker 4: They went down his Twitter.
Speaker 5: They went all the way all the way to the beginning of his Twitter, and I don't think they could find anything controversial on him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I saw some funny about him person, it's not like a person that like a little Travis Castle. They didn't find anything controversy in his so okay.
Speaker 1: So the question was if Sam Howse started dating like something famous? Is that a famous person? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really famous?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they started dating, he started kind of falling all around. Would we would I be concerned?
Speaker 2: We only wait him? Yes, I would. Could we get our butts kick? So that's gonna be more in the concern than anything.
Speaker 1: Some time out, some time out. So I don't get concerned about Travis kelcey with this because he is a fifteen year VET. He's been around for a long time. He's got the experience, His production has been there, His production is there. He made one of the most game changing plays that will never count in the history of the NFL while doing this right, he had eighty three yards receiving on four receptions. Like he's playing well. I don't think a young player could handle like they don't know themselves well enough.
Speaker 2: Young people need a love life to like I'm people won't he used to be half? But could he? But could he?
Speaker 1: But could he handle it? Could he handle this? Sam?
Speaker 3: Cook of Sam is just even Sam. Don't get too handy to handle it, Sam, don't get too well.
Speaker 2: Sam remind me a lot of myself. And I'm not talking about just on. I love it. He took my thing. I love it. What you're talking about, be honest though, yap all interviews Sam, just what I'm saying. So you get a guy who's not too high on stuff, and he's damn so not too low. So when it comes to talking about him dating somebody like that, he ain't gonna be dating on. That's what I'm trying thing too.
Speaker 4: I think, like y'all know you've been in their shoes, right, Like, you're a professional when you come to work. Your private life is at home and you're here like, you're here to work, You're here to focus, You're here to do your job to the best of your abilities every single day. So that's why I'm like, your personal life really impacts the impacts what you do obviously.
Speaker 1: So that's so that's why you're assuming, right, You're assuming that everyone comes in and it is super professional I can think of about five hundred people that I played with that were not always professional.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks are usually professional.
Speaker 1: But if the quarterback started doing this and started like on Tuesday, for example, saying instead of coming to watching film, which is his off day, but quarterbacks are always in on the off day, but he's in LA where they're at a grande, I'm like, this is going to negatively affect his performance, even though there's nothing categoric wrong with them.
Speaker 2: So look, that's we're worried about professionals. But there's guys right now in college that you know, we get a Monday off day. Yeah, they got n Ils. Now they got money. They're going to Miami. They're going to different locations to spend their Mondays because they have money. They're going to courtside of the Lakers. We're not even talking about these guys doing the same thing that professionals are doing. So why are we getting all uh, you know, boxes and a bunch about a professional handling his way professionally and going to do what he wants to do. You are professional football player. Against want you to play the football. They just want you to play football.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying with a young guy young player. And this is irrespective of position.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, no, they don't matter how young you are.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm about I'm about you clean, Like if you can handle your business, you can handle your business business, do you whatever you want.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying every young guy that I know coming to the NFL, very few of them, and I was one of them. Bro, you got to get you. You got to find your gist. You got to say, okay, I'm here now now I could do everything else like I tried to do everything else and injury injury, injury, And I'm like, oh, I got to cut everything out, found my way and then now I can do everything. Now, do what you want to do. But once that'stablished. And so for me, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know Sam, like we interview him, but I don't know if he's got that groove yet. So just let the groove get established.
Speaker 2: Areana?
Speaker 1: I gotta wait?
Speaker 2: But not everybody can do that.
Speaker 4: Trust that your teammates are gone jobs, like you're doing your job.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying like, and I would I don't know if I would, if me and Fred would have this conversation, but like there's certain guys that I played with that I had to be like, bro, calm down, yes, yeah, and so like if and like that said, but think.
Speaker 2: About this, if I'm mooed up. If I'm mooed up, ain't I settled.
Speaker 4: That point blank? We don't know these people. We're just some average jos over here.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you average jos.
Speaker 4: They said Joe's like, they're professionals. They're going to do their job. Let their personal life be their personal life. Let them be happy to saying I don't care and he is still producing.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this, I don't. I don't care about Travis. Do whatever you want. You've you're a pro, you're a professional guy, right, you just do whatever you want. No, No, he's he's got his routine established. But the same hall thing I would be a little bit concerned about. Last question here, do you think that Jason Kelcey and Taylor Swift are Travis Kelcey, Jason Travis kelce our endgame excellent?
Speaker 2: Yes? I said no on the line. I know you did, but you've changed, huh, I have changed my mind?
Speaker 4: Mad hold on Endgame on record is one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs and if you haven't heard it, you need to go listen to it right now. Endgame. It's a great song. She performed it when he was there at her concert. End game. That means locked up, put a ring on it.
Speaker 2: End game.
Speaker 3: That's one they've been dating, by the way, probably buy so much. The problem is, is the nf AL gonna let her do the super Bowl next year? And what if Kansas City is playing in that super Bowl?
Speaker 4: The best super Bowl ever?
Speaker 2: Come on, we got Usher this year, that we got a little Usher in this year? Not gonna perform that?
Speaker 1: I don't do they even know? How do you feel about Usher? I know?
Speaker 2: Usher? You know what church you went to?
Speaker 5: That song with Justin Bieber?
Speaker 2: Is that ludicrous? That was never? She don't know? That's how I know you're talking about. Is gonna be sick there? Like? Who is Usher?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: No confessions? Rihanna confessions? I think we'll be You don't know, let it burn, let it come on? You know USh? Well? I guess they don't. I guess when we get older.
Speaker 1: She just said ushers and O g in my game.
Speaker 2: I know That's what I'm saying. The young, the young, that's why we need their input. You know confessions though, right, No they don't. That's it's like popular if you don't know anything, you know, you know, Joe. There we go, Okay, we wonder do the.
Speaker 1: World before this thing gets too off the rails. All right, Anna, Maddie, thank you so much for joining us and providing that tremendous insight giving us that you did you actually finish your thought about whether the end game or not?
Speaker 2: There do we get on shirt that's to be continued, to be continued if you haven't determined, and we need we need someone that we need some of that beat box that was pretty good. Don't worry, we.
Speaker 1: Need pretty good all right. So that's that's going to do it for today show. Thanks so much for joining us. Uh A piano and producer. Maddie, so thank you for joining us, and please like and subscribe wherever you get your content and makes you check thiss out on your chickam.
Speaker 2: We are brought to you by Bet three sixty five. At Bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an endgame experience which covers over seventy eight sports and seven hundred and eighty live streams two ninety million customers worldwide. Our online betting brand is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe. Whatever sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. At bet three sixty five. The official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you or someone know has a gambling problem and one help call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives