Speaker 1: Come on over, champ.
Speaker 2: Are we recording?
Speaker 1: We are? You're on that mic right there, see the one with the number one on it? No, I can't. I never learned how to count. Okay, this is Serial Killers. See I wait to talk after the big loud, obnoxious drone that's called a drone long Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it sounds like the Inception movie. Did you ever see Inception?
Speaker 1: No? But did you see the remake of Chips? Yes? No, it was Chips ninety nine and then there was another one was there was multiple remaking with what's his name? They all suck Dak Sheppard yep, yeah, and Michael Pena Penya, that's right, Penya, Yeah, something like that. Welcome to Serial Killers. It's episode eighty four. It's President's Day, it's Monday. Show is off. But you know what, we're here because we care so much. Yeah, so much caring. So are you hungry?
Speaker 2: I'm also in Japan, so if you're looking at my Instagram, you'll see Japan pictures.
Speaker 1: Oh and I'm on a cruise somewhere in the Caribbean. Whoops, good thing we took.
Speaker 2: You know, we we each coordinated schedules. That's what I like about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did, so we came back real quick to do this, and then we're gonna go fly out again, except until Friday. Then we'll come back again and leave again. So thank you for listening. It's Serial Killers. It's episode eighty four, and we have some cereal to try. Yeah, and I again. We'll let you choose whether you'd like new or oh new right away? New? Okay, this one's from twenty eighteen, still new because it's only not even two years later. Yeah, what are you looking at? I just thought I heard something. Oh your computer dinging? No, okay, your millennial machine back there making noise.
Speaker 2: So now just computers are called millennial machines. We stop calling the computers. Only millennials use the computers. You're not using a computer right now. This is a millennial machine.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what, Scott logic. Mine's a gen xbox. Okay, yep, that's what we call it. All right, So I'm gonna go down and get the new one, chen xbox. What. So, we've had a couple of different varieties of this before, we have not this one. It is strawberry flavored. You okay with that? Yeah, there's no dried strawberry Jesus so it's just strawberry flavored. Hopefully it's a naturally flavored cereal. I love it. I don't really know how to give you a hint of what it's going to be, so just gonna take it out. Look at that Life strawberry strawberry Life multi grain cereal. Look at the mascots. Could you guess strawberries? Yes, I'm glad greg T is not around because you know he would have something to say about that.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean, he also hates a rating scale, he hates the podcasting, but I loved having him on.
Speaker 1: I didn't rain or shine. Life is full of beautiful moments. Aw, there's calcium in here. It's a good source of calcium cool so you can eat it without milk and still your bones can be strong or so they say. Yeah, it was nice and easy to open that flot. What do you keep looking around? What are you looking at?
Speaker 2: I had a cup of span is just like I had a cup of coffee before.
Speaker 1: So now I'm like, you're like a goldfish. You have no idea what's going on?
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to Cereal Killers.
Speaker 1: This is episode eighty four. I just ripped the bag open. You know I should have saved wheedies for this episode because Mary Lourettin won the gold medal for gymnastics in nineteen eighty four, and that would have been perfect. What cool, Scott, who's Mary lou Wretton? We did wheaties? I don't remember? Is that the breakfast of champions? These are your children? That's right? Remember your children? And why are you so like stupid and Millennia?
Speaker 2: Like? Are we just going to do a full episode mocking each other one day? No?
Speaker 1: Because it's it's cute like for a minute and then it's annoying. Wow that aim though. Are you sure you weren't trying to be a professional NBA player? Yes? All right, you get two percent. I get one percent? Sorry, all right, here we go, ready, one, two, three? I like it? You barely have in your mouth? I like it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: I give this four bolls. It's sweet.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm getting, got some good taste to it. I'm getting life cereal with a bit of old school Nesti quick strawberry powder in the can. Remember that, no, did not have can powdered can milk. Wait a minute, the little Nestli rabbit. What the hell was that? I had some chunk stuck in my throat the Nestli rabbit. Yeah, the powdered the powder for the powder, the powder. Okay, so you've seen the chocolate milk powder right in the canister. Yes, well, they used to have strawberry. I think they still do. But when I was a kid, it was in a little rectangle metal thing and you had to use like a quarter to open the top. It was a little metal circle on top, and you'd go click and you would open it and then kind of pound it back down. Powder would go everywhere when you closed it. Yeah, it's not the best design. No, well that's why they changed it. Now it's just a plastic container. Yeah, good good. I like it. Four bowls. I would eat this like actually, like regularly. You know, it's funny a lot of times you say five balls everything. I'll eat this so delicious. And you never touch any of that cereal back there except the Eggo. That's it. You know, Eggo is my favorite. I understand that. But I think that you really don't like cereal. Okay, I think you do this podcast. You do not like cereal. You just give it these you know, bogus ratings. You never eat it. Uh huh are you still talking? What's your typical Saturday morning breakfast?
Speaker 2: Well, as I said in the last episode, I have a box of rice Krispy Streets, I have a box of Ryan's World, and I have a box of Eggo.
Speaker 1: Well, you've had them for a long time, So what's your typical breakfast? You should have finished those already. Well, I go. I know you don't buy cereal because I buy it for it.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on if I'm home on a weekend. Sometimes I go home to my parents for the weekend, which then I'll have their cereal.
Speaker 1: But you do eat cereal? Yes, okay, I gleek, I gleaked on the microphone. You're so weird.
Speaker 2: Why I like that you decided to go like all investigators Scott on us, Like, where were you on the morning of Saturday? Uh, the sixth of February?
Speaker 1: What are you eating your cereal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You ate cereal? I'm just curious. February six was not a Saturday by that way, whatever, it was a Thursday. Whatever. I know these things. Tomato tomato. Nobody says tomato. Yeah, people in the UK do, right, So there's no reason to have that saying here because nobody here says tomato.
Speaker 2: Well maybe you win like this Settle Malone.
Speaker 1: Who's that guy that just walked in? It looks like, no, it's not post malone. You're spinning life all over the place.
Speaker 2: I know. It's like I need like a I mean a mask called the splash.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, you are all right nasty? Did I rate that? Four balls? Also for me? Four and four?
Speaker 2: How often do you eat cereal on the daily?
Speaker 1: Every day of my life? Just about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, eat, breathe, sleep cereal?
Speaker 1: I alwish they made a shirt that said that unless I go out for breakfast. You know, I'll take Cooper to the diner from time to time, but I won't get cereal there. Like that drives me crazy. They have those little boxes up there, and they charged four dollars for it. That's ridiculous. I get a whole box for a quarter.
Speaker 2: You got me two boxes of Vego cereal forty nine cents?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, fifty yeah? Okay, are you dying? There's a chunk of life stuck in the back of my throat and I can't get it out. That could be misconstrued, I suppose it could, all right, So would you like to move on to the classic, because if anything's going to get stuck in our throat, it's going to be the classic. Oh boy, you're not going to You're not going to be happy with this. I kind of wanted to wait for Danielle for this one because she'd be hacking up along. No, let me go down to the cereal sack. It's been around for you know a while. Yeah, we've had one other variety rotidy from this company. We had their flakes with strawberries, and if you knew your children, you could remember right away what it was. Oh boy, it's five er one, the original fiber one. This is going to be reminiscent of All Brand, remember that one, the bird next Cereal? I did? I like All Brand? I think you did, Danielle, and I gaged you like with the basic taste. Excuse me, are you a cat? I don't know what's going on. You're I there's no words. So here's fiber one Cereal, whole grain original brand Cereal, sixty five percent daily value of fiber and zero added sugar. So let's check the ingredients. Whole grain wheat, corn brand, modified wheat starch, color gower gum cellulose gum, salt, baking soda, sucralose, which is a sweetener and natural flavor. It's got one of those new box tops. Yeah, I know, what's what? All the gum in it? Gowergum, I don't think is good. You remember back in the eighties, I don't remember the eighties, but they used to be a Briar's commercial and someone would be reading the ingredients from some other ice cream brand, Gower gum. What's that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I don't know why there's Gower gum in the cereal, but I guess we'll find out. You look at me with this blank stare. I don't know what you're talking about, dude.
Speaker 2: Well, because ninety nine percent of the time you just go off, Okay, look at this two sleeves.
Speaker 1: It's in two separate bags. I like that. It's interesting. I don't I don't know how you'd be able to pour it, but you know, anyway, so back in the eighties when they sold ice cream in the half gallon containers. You know nowadays it's like a plastic cover and you take it off or whatever. When I was a kid, it was just this cube and it was a box and you just kind of open up the side of the box and would ooze all over the place when it melted, and you'd have to kind of latchet closed. And the big brand was Dolly Madison. I don't know, I'm sorry, Dolly Madison. Yeah, Dolly Madison ice cream? What happened to her? Had seal test? They made ice milk? What happened Dolly Madison? She died years ago? All right, here we go. That took a turn. Don't you know who Dolly Madison is? No, she was a president's wife or something. Look up Dolly Madison. Okay, I think she was probably President Madison's wife. Hold on, I think she was a first lady, Dolly. Dolly Madison was not a first lady. Wasn't there a President Madison?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But wait she was? Yeah, what's up now?
Speaker 2: So they named an ice cream after a president's wife. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Now. This stuff looks like, you know, when you go to the petting zoo. I think I said this about all brand too. While you go to the petting zoo and you put the quarter in the little gumball machine and feed comes out, and that's pretty much what this looks like. What are you doing on your phone there? What are you doing on your phone? My phone's in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the past like six episodes, you you're the one who's getting phone calls.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because my wife has been like telling me important things. By the way, I can now reveal that we are either going to be on or we're on the Rachel Ray Show. I don't know when this episode it probably already aired. I don't know, So check your local listings for the Rachel Ray episode that I'm on. Yeah, I don't know how you're gonna do it. What are you doing on your hurry? Because what are you doing? I'm recording? What do you stop it? What are you doing? Cut it out? All? Let's try money of recording you you're ready before it gets soggy? Okay, well, I mean it's not really gonna change it. Yes, yes, I could see what you would think. This is not bad love that. I don't think you love it because you're not gonna eat it ever again. I'll eat this a gum. Oh yeah, yeah, like next week, if I want to pretend I'm being healthy, I'll eat this could really taste that gower gum. Yeah. I was gonna say that it has a very strong gower gum taste. Let it be known. Scott's gonna still be on.
Speaker 2: Rachel Ray still haven't been contacted about Survivor yet, Scott.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but they reached out to me too, So what's up now? They reached out to you. Yeah, Survivor wants you to be Honestel, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I would actually pay money to see you on Survivor.
Speaker 1: I would not survive.
Speaker 2: Do you know sometimes they do seasons where people are together. Really, would we make a good on Survivor together?
Speaker 1: No, because we were just fight and fight and fight.
Speaker 2: Well no, No, we'd probably start off on two separate teams, and then if we both made it, we'd have to like work together.
Speaker 1: This is cereal. It's really hard to swallow. I don't think so. Toward the end, it tastes like artificial sweetener, three bowls in a spoon, the sucralose, I think what. It just tastes like artificial sweetener. Hey, one of your things back there just made a noise. One of your millennial devices just dung my laptop two balls for top dung it dang or dung. You're an idiot? Okay, did you rate it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I said, three bulls in his spoon, two bowls. All right, cool? So should we go international? Should we go to the graveyard? Should we go bonus? Serial Killers?
Speaker 2: Why would you ask me where I want to go and then you just pick it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. So in the last episode I talked about that old maultomeal commercial with the guy down on his est. Yeah, so I actually found the commercial. It's from the early nineties. Oh here give you know. More people are walking this way, so they're in a better position to find multimial cereals. They're usually down tires. You should try it. Multimeal tastes every bit as good as these. See. Bet you can't tell the difference, and they cost about a dollar less multi meal. See if you can taste the difference, you really ought to come down here. So what he's trying to show you is that multimeal cereals, at least they used to be on the bottom shelf. Yeah, so you'd have to go down to the bottom shelf to grab the bags. Huh. And you know because the big cereal makers, they pay to have their cereals at eye level. Yeah, that's how it works in the supermarket and the budget cereals are usually down the end or you know, on bottom or whatever. So anyway, multimeal. This cereal came out in nineteen eighty nine, the one that we're about to try as the bonus box. You ready, Yeah, you're gonna be happy, okay, because it's not in a bag. Oh you ready?
Speaker 2: Is it in a cube that we have to cut open and then hope it seals back together?
Speaker 1: No, it's in a box. Twoty Fruity's what's the matter. It's just a box that's so small. Yeah, well I got it for a dollar. It's a dollar store.
Speaker 2: I love that they have the guarantee try me or it's free. Yes, we had a problem with that once.
Speaker 1: Remember which one? I don't remember which one it was? Which one I don't remember? Oh my god, why are you burping into mind? I'm sorry. The bird nest just came up.
Speaker 2: The bird nest. This isn't even bird nest. If fiber one was not bird nesty people.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it is. You can I can build you know what. I'm going to build a nest out of it and put in my backyard, and I guarantee you birds come to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, birds will come to anything, and I hope they poop on your head.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can only imagine that walking outside with as fiber one. These smell wonderful. These smell just like fruit loops. Can I smell? Yeah? Oh yeah, just like fruit loops? Very so, did they make kool Aid cereal? Okay?
Speaker 2: Did they ever make kool Aid cereal?
Speaker 1: Oh? But they should? Right? Yeah? I feel like this is the podcast of dreams and imagination. You know, Well, whatever happen coming up with big brand ideas, whatever happened with the petition to get Cinnabon Cereal back, I think it stopped at one hundred. Well, like Cinnabon actually liked it, Yeah, they were into it, but Kellogg's was not having it.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Cinnabon liked it to just like give you that insider tip like we're working on it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so, because that was Cinnabon. Cinnabon in my alternate universe, it exists again. They just they licensed their name out to a cereal company. They really don't have anything to do with it. Well, all right, here we go. Two D Fruity is the knockoff fruit loops from Malta Meal.
Speaker 2: We should stop calling it knockoff, because I don't think it's a knockoff.
Speaker 1: Okay, the alternate imitation. It's the alternate fruit loops. And it tastes just like fruit loop identical. Yep, maybe a little sweeter. It's wonderful balls.
Speaker 2: Yep, wait, what that's it. I'm giving this five balls because I like fruit loops, so this is like the same thing. Haven't had fruit loops in a while too. Their fruity Dino Bytes were also wonderful. They were right up there just as good as fruity Palal. When I say one thing about that, I actually preferred the fruity Dino bytes too.
Speaker 1: Gandhi said the same thing.
Speaker 2: They're sweeter, and I'm not a big pebbles fan. I find the shape. I don't like that they dissipate in the milk. It annoys me, but I gotta say dry the Dino bites did it.
Speaker 1: The thing with that is Multimeal is made by Post, so fruity Pebbles and fruity Dino Bites pretty much are exactly the same this. However, foot loops are made by Kellogg's, so these are wonderful. I like them. Yep, five bulls. All right, four balls from me, great job, tooty fruity, very good. So this has been a very successful episode number eighty four tuty from the Facts of Life. Yes, I got it right, and that's how it's spelled too. Look at that. Huh the Facts of Life? I insert theme song here.
Speaker 2: Well how did it good?
Speaker 1: You take the bad? You take them both? In there you have the Facts of Life? Is that? The Facts of Life?
Speaker 2: Is that the one where they were like girl scouts.
Speaker 1: They weren't girl scouts. They were at a prep school in Peak Skill in New York, and Missus Garrett was the den master whatever the hell she want. And one of the girls was on Survivor Really Oh yeah, Blair, Wenchell Winchell Wenchell Blair was the character. Yeah. I don't know, she made it really far in Survivor Really. Yeah. Well, the first season of the Facts of Life was just a mishmash, like Molly Ringwald was on it, and there was a bunch of random people, and they got rid of them by second season because it was just too many random characters.
Speaker 2: I love going back to first seasons of shows and you just see the casting changes.
Speaker 1: And George Clooney was on the Facts of Life. You know that. Yeah, he was the handyman at Edna's Edibles. I'm guessing it wasn't pot what's Edna's edibles?
Speaker 2: Well, why would I know Edna's edibles if I've never seen Facts of Life?
Speaker 1: You've never seen Facts of Life? No, so how do you know that who Tuty is?
Speaker 2: Because Facts of Life is a pop culture show. And like I said, that girl was on Survivor. I'll give you ten dollars if you can name another character other than Tudy or Blair.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, I was gonna say Blair one of the girls I went to the school. Come on, Edna. No, that was Missus Garrett.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Missus Garrett. No, Kyle, there's Natalie Selene, Joe, Joe.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to go. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Have a wonderful week. I hope you're off this week. We'll see you on Friday, because I got to get to the airport. You go to the airport, I got to go back to Japan. Please bring up some cereal if you don'tyeah, absolutely so, don't just not much a green tea cereal? How are they gonna get you to the cruise ship. Are you just air dropping? I'm getting a helicopter at the top of the building and I'm leaving in about ten minutes. I will both be back on Friday.
Speaker 2: It's all that money we're making from this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, new episode of serial Killers. Please follow us on social media serial Killers PC, That's Cereal with the CEA. Like and subscribe on all pod podcast platformms.
Speaker 2: Leave us a review. We love reading your reviews. We're over two hundred reviews on iTunes. They're so awesome to read, so.
Speaker 1: Much so, No, I don't think we have two hundred reviews. We have two hundred ratings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the reviews, ratings whatever, whatever, So we have that going for us.
Speaker 1: My favorite ones are the ones that say Andrew knows nothing about cereal. Scotti's hilarious. So do more of those. Okay, cool, Yeah, make sure you Booscot's ego. He sure needs it. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Thanks for making us one of the top food podcasts and all of the Apple podcasts.
Speaker 1: It's crazy to me. Yeah, it's amazing money. It's amazing how high on all these things we are and nobody knows who we are.
Speaker 2: We have thousands of listeners We're like almost getting one hundred thousand listens per month, and nobody wants this podcast for us to advertise.
Speaker 1: Why you should spread it around Japan while you're there, kind of like the coronavirus, just spread the podcast all around. So you're gonna take that line out. No, I'm not. I'm not taken it out at all. It's not happening in Japan. It's in China well, and it might be completely eradicated by the time this errors, or a lot more people might have died. Hey, I don't know which is why you're going to take it out. No, I'm sure not. Thanks for listening. We got to go have a great week, enjoy your President's Day. Hope you're off and until we see you again.
Speaker 2: Crunch, Crunch, you went too fast. I didn't get to crunch with you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you want to crunch together? No, it's fine. One, two, three, Crunch. Why can't you crunch with me? I'm not doing it, okay. The moment ended.