Speaker 1: Naise, I'm using chalked fish making all the outlines. It's a big circle design. I just need to do one more squiggle and one more flour there. Now it needs some color, turquoise for the petals and yellow for the squiggles. Hi, Cowie, what you're doing and coloring in this bit design? It needs lots of chalk. Can I help? Sure?
Speaker 2: But not so.
Speaker 1: Fast, Elliot, you got footprints all over my design. Have to fix that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Cowie.
Speaker 1: It's okay, Elliot. Here you can help me coloring all the purple.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of clay learning. In many parts of the world, people are busily preparing for a wonderful celebration that lasts five days. But what kind of celebration is it? Let's find out.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, Callie and Elliot.
Speaker 3: Cool chock drawing.
Speaker 1: Thanks, But it's not just a drying it's not Nope, it's a goalie.
Speaker 3: Huh. I think you mean wrangolie.
Speaker 1: Oops, that is what I meant. It's a rangoolie.
Speaker 4: I still don't get it.
Speaker 1: My friend Arjan showed me his family is from a country called India.
Speaker 3: Wranglie is a type of colorful art from India. It uses patterns and designs to decorate the ground. Yeah that's right, Billy. Rangolis don't have to be chalk. They can also be made of sand, flower petals, or even rice powder. Rangoli designs are passed down from parents and grandparents to their children. That means families make the same design over generations.
Speaker 1: What does the ring goalie designs look like?
Speaker 3: They can look a lot of different ways. Some have characters from Indian stories. Others have squares, circles, and diamonds repeating in a pattern.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: It's also common to put birds and flowers in the designs.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: Do they always have footprinted that?
Speaker 1: No nose? Just elliot?
Speaker 4: I just have to fix it.
Speaker 1: Let's make n goalie art every day. Well, it's not for every day, Edford walt doat do worry.
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Billy.
Speaker 3: Dawali is a festival and an important one in India and many other countries. People call Dwali the festival of Lights. It's a time to celebrate the good things in the world and invite more light into our lives.
Speaker 1: Whow i can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Do Wally a brand new holiday?
Speaker 3: Lisa de Waally is not a brand new holiday. It's actually quite old.
Speaker 1: Well, I've never heard of it before.
Speaker 3: Just because you've never heard of it does not mean it's new.
Speaker 1: Huh, I never thought of that.
Speaker 3: D Wali, in fact, is extremely old. Historians think it started twenty five hundred years ago.
Speaker 4: WHOA Is it a.
Speaker 1: Fun holiday like Halloween? Yes?
Speaker 3: I think it is fun. In India, the celebration spills into the streets and lights up the nights. It's a time for art, family and friends. There are fireworks, many little candles and delicious things to eat. Bright clothes, bright art, and bright decorations are everywhere. It's colorful.
Speaker 1: I love colorful things.
Speaker 3: That sounds so fun.
Speaker 4: I would like to visit India to celebrate the Wali.
Speaker 1: Me too, too bad? We can have the Wally here? Yeah? Oh well, oh hi.
Speaker 2: Argin, hey kwi hi everyone, you can have Devali here. Really, you just need a few things. First, lights in India ustiny lentns called bias. They twinkle and fill the streets with the little dots of light. But you could use something else.
Speaker 1: Maybe these twinkles, trem lights yeah.
Speaker 2: For the valley. You also need a clean room, clean room. Why they say a fresh bride room brings a fresh, bright start.
Speaker 1: Here's a map and a vacue. How many a clean room will?
Speaker 2: It does make things.
Speaker 1: Fresh and bright.
Speaker 2: Finally, you need delicious treats to share. In my family, we make a dessert called koulab Jaman. It's a fried bolt of dough with sea them. But you could use a different desserts.
Speaker 1: Ease chocolate tripod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see if we have everything we need to celebrate the valley lights check, cleaning check, delicious treats to.
Speaker 3: Share check, Grengoni art check.
Speaker 2: Now what now, hang out with your friends and have fun.
Speaker 1: We're good at that.
Speaker 2: Wow, Cowie, you're a Goolie is beautiful. I think it would fit right in India. I love the footprints going across it.
Speaker 1: Thanks I help with the footprints.
Speaker 3: Lingo kids listeners, thanks for exploring d Walie with us. We learned about some lovely traditions for the festival of lights, like making rangolie art, putting lights out, cleaning up, and sharing suites. And we learned that you can still celebrate d Wali even when you're far from home.