Speaker 1: One of the biggest misconceptions about buying a home right now is that you have to wait for the perfect moment, perfect rates, perfect timing, perfect market. The truth is that moment doesn't really exist. A lot of buyers pause because of headlines or assumptions, but every situation is different. Race change, market shift, and personal goals matter just as much as what's happening nationally. That's why talking to a local lender can be so valuable. When you contact Doctor Mortgage, you get paired up with a local lender. That lender will give you your options. That lender will explain the situation. You can ask your own questions. That's what it's all about, getting to the closing table as simple and as easy as possible. Our friends at scot To the Mortgage focus on helping people understand their options. Whether you're ready to buy now later or just starting to ask questions. There's no pressure to make a decision, just a chance to get real information and a clear picture of what's possible. Sometimes the smartest move isn't waiting, it's getting informed. Visit stock to dot com today to learn more about your options. MLS eight two five nine, Equality and Lender n MOLS, Consumer Access.
Speaker 2: Welcome Back Tucky Sports Radio eight five, nine two, eight oh twenty two to eighty seven. Comonwealth Causes, Creating a better Kentucky, local charities, inspiring generosity across the state. And the Queen of Hearts Raffle is Thursday, July thirtieth is the Bourbon Collection Raffle. That's this Thursday, twenty thousand dollars worth of bourbon. All you gotta do is go to Commonwealth Causes dot org. They've given over six hundred and fifty thousand dollars to nonprofits. I remember when they did their first one, and now they've given over six hundred and fifty thousand dollars away and twenty thousand in bourbon. Tomorrow night, go to Commonwealth Causes dot org. Dinner the Raffle. We actually know somebody won just recently. They got twenty thousand dollars worth of bourbon.
Speaker 1: It's an amazing bourbon package for bourbon collectors. That's why it's very popular in this raffle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's always a big one. So you can go to Comonwealth Causes dot org and do it. We were just talking about the TVT and the rehab that it did for Khalil Whitney and Archie Goodwin, which led to a question on the text Machine, Matt, what player do you think think of the last fifteen years could most use playing on TBT to rehab their Kentucky image. I think number one that comes to my mind is Severe Wheeler. Definitely Severe Wheeler. I think Severe Wheelers probably good enough to contribute and imager and he's not playing. I mean he might be playing overseas, but he's not gonna be playing in the NBA. So I think Severe Wheeler is the top one that comes to my mind. Any others that come to your mind?
Speaker 3: Shade Sharp, we could watch him play for once he's in the NBA, so I think it's gonna be hard for him to play, but that's it would have been a good one. If Scal's not under contract, you know, we wanted more from Scoal. He could come have a big see.
Speaker 2: I feel like Scal would be perfect. Yeah, because I think if Scal came, because in my opinion, Scout didn't do anything wrong, he just wasn't good. He was read at number one and we had had expect It wasn't like he did anything bad.
Speaker 4: He came here and he tried ended up being eighth man. About Ryan Harrow, that's a great one to be a really good one. Yeah, I was thinking bj Boston.
Speaker 2: Though, I mean, he's not gonna want to come.
Speaker 1: So we've already got four or five guys already that are really good.
Speaker 2: Cam Roon Fletcher he's still in the college.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: I know he played for what high point last year? Right, he can't still be in college?
Speaker 1: Didn't he get an? I think he's still there hoping to get the another another year.
Speaker 2: How in the world can Cameron Fletcher have another year? Is Cameron Fletcher going to be playing like in all our dreams for the next fifteen years in college?
Speaker 1: Got a wife, a couple of kids, mortgage.
Speaker 3: So that's a good one really, anyone from that team.
Speaker 2: But do you think do you think fans like I feel like Devon ask you would be the one that I don't even know if fans can do that. I think all these other guys people would. I think with Devon asked you, they'd be like.
Speaker 3: Severe committee and then didn't follow through after he was to be awful.
Speaker 2: That would be awful.
Speaker 3: And it was on a team that that's Archie story. Archie wasn't a bad guy. His team just wasn't very good and he kind of had to be a ball hog.
Speaker 2: But there are certain guys that's stick in people's mind, like like Olivier Sar. I don't think people have negative views about him. They just don't really have any view. It's a chance for those guys come back and maybe win. Yeah, helping a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Travis Perry comes back in place because he needs to do over with our family.
Speaker 5: He's still got two years of college left. I said, come back down, I said, down the road.
Speaker 1: I hope he comes back.
Speaker 2: You know, it feels like he would be a tvt ledge yet he already has the like hairline, and it feels like he would be perfect. Kerr a redemption story. Stop Kerr in federal prison.
Speaker 1: They get out in three or four years.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know what all he did, but he can't breedker This guy doesn't really need redemption. But I wish they'd add lance ware right now. We need an enforcer.
Speaker 3: Willie bring a Lanceware and let him bully people around the kind of wondering. But he just finished college too, and he's under an NBA contract. What about like davyon Mintz Davion Mins. I bet he could ball.
Speaker 1: He's playing overseas right now.
Speaker 2: I bet he would be one of the best players.
Speaker 1: It'd be good in.
Speaker 2: TBT if you could get it. Yeah, he's trying.
Speaker 1: Trying well.
Speaker 2: What if he just shows up comes out like that would be great. All of a sudden they run out to warm ups and they're like, that's Davy's music.
Speaker 3: Imagine the pop if they like ran out and the middle of the game. Oh yeah, that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: But I do think Severe Wheeler is like a perfect example of the kind of guy because he played here for two years and people just don't really have a fond memory of.
Speaker 1: Him because it ended so poorly.
Speaker 2: But if he came and played well in that.
Speaker 1: It would definitely revitalize his image.
Speaker 2: I do think that could really sort of help what people think of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about Dante, Oh that's another good one. Like memories, But where is Dante Allen right now? Like Queen what Senate? Where is he playing basketball? So he was at wowming right.
Speaker 1: With the Western Kentucky and what happened after what happened at Wyoming?
Speaker 3: He didn't play last season he tried to get in front a team. He didn't end up anywhere last year. Well, he couldn't even find a team last year. Well, it would have been he might have not gotten cleared. It would have been his sixth year. Okay, so he's a perfect but Dante. If Dante Allen was draining threes in this thing, everybody wanted more from Dante Allen wanted Cow to play them more.
Speaker 2: This would be our chance to what is what's what's Ashton Hagen's situation hurt? Okay, but he would be good? Yes, well these are interesting. I think it would be interesting to see. I like where what what is? What's what's happening with ty Top right now? Is he on a team? Don't know, because he's too good to not be playing somewhere. He was good here, very good, really good. I'm kind of shocked. You know, every Cow NBA guard ended up having success kind of accept him. And I don't understand how he's in the what's the rule on G League? Because he's he's pretty regular in the G League, playing a lot. He's under contract now out of other things, so maybe he can't do it. I'm Mark's story did a story yesterday, the story did a story and he basically made the argument that if Kentucky doesn't have a heck of a three year run here, that this will be by far the worst decade in UK basketball history. And he didn't just and he did. He came with the numbers. Yes, and the numbers are kind of damning. I mean, well not kind of, they're very damning. I mean, we've talked about him, but when you saw him laid out the way he did, it was basically worst winning percentage in Kentucky history this.
Speaker 3: Decade, sixty five percent, sixty five percent.
Speaker 2: We are only winning two out of every three games. And you got to remember we're playing eight awful teams every year. NCAA tournament wins fewest of any decade ever, SEC championships fewest, only one ever where we will have won zero played in the game decade. That's the yeah, I'm doing regularly. SEC tournament zero, NCAA winning percentage worst in history. Essentially every major stat that you would use to compare Kentucky basketball, this is the worst decade in history. And in the other stats, different decades are worse. So what's weird about this decade is not only are we the worst? It's definitively the worst decade in Kentucky basketball history. I think I knew that, but Ryan, when you see it laid out like that, you know that stinks.
Speaker 1: There was something about reading it in black and white that made it hit home a little more when you see that, like, oh, my goodness, this is we are living it right now, the worst decade we've ever had. And he's got three years to turn it around. Yeah, and it's not all on Pope. Pope's only been here too. Of the seven years. The other five years were cal Perry turn it around, but it is on him and Drew. I I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, we get the callers sometimes who are like, oh, we're becoming Indiana, and I always yell at him, and I'm still gonna yell at him. But you know, if three years from now we're in the same place, I think that conversation becomes less me yelling than me hoping we're not current Indiana. But at one point Indiana had to get to this stage on their timeline.
Speaker 3: On their we don't want to keep going. You're right, I mean, we all feel it. I already knew this was the worst decade. But some of the numbers, like we have a losing record in the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 2: I didn't figure that. I mean, I know we have a couple bad losses, but I didn't actually process I think.
Speaker 1: And the losses are two Saint Peter's Oakland.
Speaker 3: And then where we finished in the SEC, like the seventh last year. Maybe we had a year where eighth. Those stuck out too.
Speaker 2: It's the collective worst set of SEC regular finishes. Ever, this includes remember we had two different decades where we were on probation. That's true.
Speaker 3: I thought Mark's story also did us a favor. He started the decade with the twenty nineteen to twenty team, which was MAXI that was actually a good group. If he started at twenty twenty twenty one season much worse.
Speaker 2: So what do we take from it? I mean a little bit of that is the SEC's better in basketball, but it's not all of it.
Speaker 3: When people I'll say that it is, but there are still teams that have two loss SEC seasons. Part of the reason teams are better because they're beating us now when they didn't used to beat us.
Speaker 2: That's true, and I also will continue to say this. Look at the other power programs, they're not having this issue, correct, you know, I mean North Carolina is a little bit, but North Carolina has also been to a championship game in this decade.
Speaker 1: We sure haven't, we haven't.
Speaker 2: You know, Yukon's been successfully great, Duke's been very good. You know, these other power problem Kansas, these other power programs are still doing it. But we have it.
Speaker 3: The final four droughts getting pretty long. We need to be urgent on that. That is twenty fifteen, and in two years we will have one title in thirty years.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't think about that. One title in thirty years. Yeah, after the twenty twenty eight Turner, it will be thirty years with only one title. So how do we do we think that in three years when Mark writes the decade completing article, will it look better than it looks now? I think it'll look better than now, but it will still be the worst decade. We'll have. Well, in the next three years we will compete for an secht Me go through them. Then the things he criticizes. You tell me which of these are gonna happen in the next three years. Are we gonna win the SEC regular season? Title in the next three years, I'll say yes. The regular season yes, Okay, I'll say no. I'm gonna say yes because all the other schools are gonna go bankrupt. Yeah, Florida Golden to leave soon. They won't be a power like that, but there's a little bit of hope. They are more than a SEC tournament.
Speaker 1: We can't even get to the weekend at the two.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're still ninety five percent of the crowd. At some point. We have to get back to that.
Speaker 1: See, I have a better hope of winning the tournament than I do the regular season title. Just getting hot at the right time, have.
Speaker 2: The advantage of a home game. Yeah, I understand that. I mean, I think that's a reasonable argument. Will our winning percentage in the NCAA tournament go above fifty percent? Which means to go above fifty percent, we would need to make at least two Sweet sixteen's in the next three years or one Elite eight and never lose in the first round. So can we say over the next three years we won't lose in the first round? Yes, yes, yes, okay, can we say we'll make two Sweet sixteen better?
Speaker 3: I mean, this is embarrassing as a Kentucky fan to even say, will we make the Sweet sixteen and agree conversation.
Speaker 1: Conversations used to be making the final fours. Now we're like, let's hope to make the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: Well, heck, we have a contract now where the coach gets an extension for making the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gets an extension for playing. It's not absolutely true. Another Mitch Barnhart special.
Speaker 2: Mitch Barnhart gives an extension for going to the Sweet sixteen. He stopped, Drew. I'm not listening tell you, Drew, that's not the That is not the case that we gave it the extent.
Speaker 3: That's how he's going extra year for going to the Sweet sixteen. Pope got an extension for playing?
Speaker 2: Is it automatic? Yep? Stop? What that? That can't be true? Yeah, okay, that that might be the worst contract he's given. Exactly. I'm being dead serious because I even though I disagree with it, I understand the cal Perry deal. I understand why he felt like he had to do it. I understand, although disagree, but understand what the Stoops deal. But what is the justification for a year extension for the Sweet sixteen? Sweet sixteen should be our our minimum requirement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get a final four, then you get an extension.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that automatic year every every time he makes it. How did I not know that that's well, two more of his tickets away. I mean, that's egregious. Like when we used to give automatic extensions to stoops for going to a bowl. I understood that. I actually think that made some sense. But you can't do sweet sixteen and bad. I'm with you. Maybe final four, yeah, maybe even maybe you make an argument for the elite.
Speaker 1: He could make an argument, but the sweet sixteen, like you said, that should be minimum requirement.
Speaker 2: Okay, you made me mad. You should be the can't do this ad here for court or all get upset? Just you do you Stocktor Mortgage and let me regroup Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 1: Here we are, we are the end of the summer.
Speaker 2: A lot of folks are already sixteen.
Speaker 1: Maybe he should call Stockton Mortgage and redo Refinanci's house. He's got all this extra money he contracts sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: You can move in permanently, So if.
Speaker 1: You're thinking about maybe putting in a pool this time of year, maybe finishing your basement maybe adding on a bonus room, maybe redoing your kitchen. Check out how much equity you've got in your house right now, and stocking markets can help you do that. You can refinance, you can get to use that equity and build your home of your dreams, or an addition or whatever you want to do, or a pool in your backyard. Doctor Market can help you get it done. So give them a call, or better yet, go online Stockton dot com. That's Stockton dot com. They got a button there, get started, and they help you on your way, whether you're looking to buy a new home or refinance or use some of your equity. Doctor Markets can help you. Nmls A two five nine equalsy lender. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: I just you can just coach here forever. If you just lose in the Sweet sixteen every year, I feel like Drew's lie. No, it's fact. Automatic extension kicked in two years ago.
Speaker 1: If you don't make it, did you take a year away?
Speaker 2: Just go to break. I still am in shock that that's one person, writes Matt. The Sweet sixteen would be a significant improvement over the last several calip years. Well true, excuse me, true, but that's not. It's not an extension. I mean, that's a okay, keep going, Yeah, let's go farther. Yeah, I mean that that's not a I'm not saying that's a failure of a year at all, but it's definitely not a well, now you you should get another one. So it's like me, they ran Tubby off for consistent Sweet sixteen and Elite eights. Yes, yep, I mean basically, with the exception of his last two years, he was Sweet sixteen Elite eight every every year, and the fan base sort of decided that wasn't enough. I don't know if that was a good decision or a bad decision, but Tubby never lost in the first round ever.
Speaker 1: So why is it okay now for this situation to be happening.
Speaker 2: One person says Matt. The tournament has expanded, so don't you think it'll be harder to go to Sweet sixteen?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't affect us, No, shouldn't at all, because you.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be in the play game game. If we're in the playing game, then we've especially nowadays, we've had a bad year. I mean last year, how many losses do we have? Twelve twelve going into the postseason, we weren't even in the playing game. We were a seven seed. So for in the playing game, that means we're gonna have like fourteen or fifteen losses. Tubby.
Speaker 3: Also remember ten lost, Tubby? What have we had five straight seasons of ten or more losses?
Speaker 2: Four? When did we win? When did we not lose ten? The year we lost to Saint Peter's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Cow's last two definitely were double digits. Popes have been double digits maybe.
Speaker 2: I think the year we lost to Saint Peter's we lost in the first, but we may not have been a double digit because I think we came in second in the SEC that year with Oscar.
Speaker 3: But people jumped on Tubby about that, and now we've done it at least four straight times.
Speaker 2: So we got to talk to her saying about this Davis Steele team. Yes, so this is a company in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Located in Russell Springs, Kentucky. They used to sponsor law Familia, then they started sponsoring the Eblyn Drive teams.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, which is now there's a company in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Russell Springs, Kentucky that.
Speaker 2: Stop sponsoring Law Familia and went and sponsored the team that beat us out of the tournament last year.
Speaker 1: They sponsored Everlyn Drive, now known as David Steele.
Speaker 2: And that's who knocked us out last year, and that's who we might play in the finals.
Speaker 1: And they've got a couple of.
Speaker 2: David Steele. Who are these traders?
Speaker 1: Russell Springs. We need to know.
Speaker 5: Russell Springs, that's like salt of the Earth people, Bob and Jamestown Country, Well, slow down, but that's I mean, the rest of the people chased a guy chasing.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm saying this. Bob and Jamestown, let me know what's happening. What is with David? How big is David I'm not trying to I'm not going after David Steele, but I need to know more about how big is this Steel people? I mean, they gotta have some money if they're sponsoring a team.
Speaker 1: And why do they not sponsor our team anymore? Why are they? Why do they leave law Familia.
Speaker 3: Disputes with Mario one game at a time. But this is bulletin board material for Sunday if we get past Kansas tonight.
Speaker 2: I mean, wait a minute, Russell Springs, No, it's Dawson Springs that the shear's from. Yeah, but Russell Springs is like, we've been there many times and the steel company there said no to La familia and went with this other team. Huh. All right, Bob and Jamestown, here's your chance to actually explain to me what's up. This is personal.
Speaker 1: You go to their facebook page. It's all about their team, not about their company, but about their team.
Speaker 2: The David Steel Facebook page.
Speaker 1: David Steel Facebook page.
Speaker 2: I gotta learn more about this, David Steele. I got, I got questions. I sixty five in Louisville opening early. You know this was a surprise, surprise, right, This has got to be first time in the history of construction something got done early. We're supposed to open August first. It's opening today.
Speaker 1: The entire city of Louisville is celebrating after having to suffer all about that traffic.
Speaker 2: Was I actually think I actually think it was fine?
Speaker 1: Was it really?
Speaker 2: Yes? I mean, I'm sure people who have to ship goods it took longer, but I saw nothing in the city of Louisville really being Shannon told me he got to work quicker.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Shan said he liked his new reround and says he prefers it over what it was. So maybe we don't need roads.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty vital one.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, like, would you have thought, hey, it would get done early?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, and b that there would be so little disruption? Where are people going to go sit and have dates? Now? I hope people have stopped making out. Today's not the day to do you. No, I think it today? All right, I can't believe I'm excited. But Bob and Jamestown. What's the story of David Steele?
Speaker 7: Okay, they used to be in Casey County, but they moved out to Russell spring they're basically make gates, uh farm gates Steele.
Speaker 2: You haven't said anything yet? Why?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: Where? How many people work there?
Speaker 7: Let's say they got a couple of hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and their owners are from where are they from? Kentucky?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: From Casey can Running. Like I say, they moved just a few miles down the road to Russell Springs on the going south or on the Rye. They're not They're not in the league with Stevens Pipe and Steel and Russell.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course not. They could never be as good as Stevens Piping Steel.
Speaker 1: Why are they sponsoring another team and not our team?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why are they sponsoring this other team?
Speaker 7: I don't know you are you gonna have to ask him about that.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bob spoken. You know it's on the right, the lost I'm coming the other one.
Speaker 1: If you're going from Casey County South, the Russell Springs, it's on the right.
Speaker 2: See I thought it was on the last.
Speaker 1: No, it's on the right.
Speaker 3: I'm on their Facebook page. Their their tagline is American made, Kentucky Proud.
Speaker 2: They're not. They're clearly not Kentucky proud. They're American made. Eberlin prob. They're going to sabotage them before we play them.
Speaker 3: Take them down from anyone out there, and Severe Wheeler is their point guard.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. Very bad kiss, Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio. Summer in Kentucky means staying active. But if pain is slowing you down, called the pros at Court Physical Therapy sports injuries to everyday aches. Court helps you recover faster and get back to doing what you love. Clinicians create personalized care plans. That's court krt dot com. Find a location near you and start your comeback with court. You said you have a Davis Steeleer.
Speaker 1: I've got all kinds of stuff. Now all of a sudden, this is it unconfirmed scuttle button.
Speaker 2: Be careful, this is a company. You gotta be careful, just throwing out unconfirmed scuttle boy.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently the gentle managers trying to call into ks R right now.
Speaker 2: I mean the phone lines. There's only one person on the line. Okay, so Rick, be prepared. But the word prepared. No one's calling the league. We got Lee unless he's Lee, is he?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He may be trying to call Lee.
Speaker 2: Hank Lee.
Speaker 8: Are you there, yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Do you work at David Steve?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, see, and he's not. No one's calling. Go ahead Lee with your thing before Ryan talks.
Speaker 8: Well, no, I was talking to you guys earlier, and I looked, you know, talking about the poor attendance through the tournaments and things. But it's like, look at Cal. He had been by the Battle. He had st A, he had Towns, he had Tyrese Maxi, he had Devin Booker, I mean Tyrol Hero. I mean if any other coach I think had those players, they would have won championships by then.
Speaker 2: That's not yeah, I mean, that's not that's not ridiculous. I mean, if you look, it is completely fair to look at all the players that played here from twenty ten to even you know, it's on winn Oscar and the guys after. I appreciate to pay thank you. I mean, it's appreciated the it's completely fair to go. How'd you only get one time? I'm never going to consider twenty fifteen though a negative. I know we lost, but that team still the best team we've ever.
Speaker 1: Even twenty seventeen we were probably the second best team in the country that year.
Speaker 2: Twenty fifteen is the best team we ever had no doubt. I will die on that hill.
Speaker 3: And they're in the final four. I wish they'd finished the job. Wall and Cousins not getting to a final fours.
Speaker 2: As far as for me, I watched I found on TikTok the first half against UCLA that year when we were up forty one, and it made me think, what are the best first halves in UK or first just any half in UK history? LSU they scored eighty we scored eighty six and then that one. Yeah, aren't those like the two best ones.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any argument.
Speaker 2: I mean, eighty six is the best offensive half. And then holding a UCLA team that made the Sweet sixteen and would have gotten an extension for their coach because of that, they only scored seven points and Verne Lunquist, the announcer, d he has nothing to say. He just is like, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: I remember we were there, but people were I mean, we're excited, we're also kind of in shock.
Speaker 2: And everyone there was like, what is Greig Anthony said, I feel sorry for UCA? And then Verne Lunquiz has a line where he goes, Kentucky fans have certain standards. They want to shut this team out. And then we score again, and then we come down and block him again and he goes and it might happen we had more blocks than they had made shot. It was crazy, all right, So tell David Steele he's still not calling in this person, Okay.
Speaker 1: The scuttle bud word on the street is that the owners of Davis Steele had some issues with how Lofamy was letting them interact with the players and different things like that, so they pulled their sponsorship. Mario went to sponsor another team.
Speaker 2: Why would they think that? I mean they let anyone on the floor. Were you You didn't let Davis Steele interact with the players. I have no idea what's going on. This is all new to me. Are you just creating controversy between Davis' cereal line?
Speaker 1: This is unconfirmed scuttle boat word on the street. And then then the second textas the gentle manager of David Steel for the team is trying to call in to.
Speaker 2: K trying to call there's maybe he's in on a conference.
Speaker 1: Car right now they're they're calling a.
Speaker 3: Minute's calling Avelin Drives morning show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, now we played them in the finals. We have a whole thing. If we win tonight our remote in Summerset Friday, we won't be very far from them. What would be on the right or left? From where I think it'll be. I think it'll be on the left. Okay, maybe we'll send Mario to go stand out in the parking lot and hold up.
Speaker 1: A sign to see crazy far from Rusty.
Speaker 2: It will not be far. We are by the way home to Sweets Hotel in Somerset on front Chris home too Sweets on the left on the left.
Speaker 3: This raises the question if you sponsor the team if they're upset with the access, Like do you just get did the players have to come to your house if you tell them to? Like what what do you get when you sponsor? What zebralin drive doing?
Speaker 2: Like? What are they doing for day?
Speaker 3: Why they are they putting in a shift?
Speaker 1: Carry some of these steel gates out?
Speaker 2: All right, Philly's here, I'm still whiting. I don't see this person call.
Speaker 1: I hope they do call.
Speaker 2: But you said they're trying to call.
Speaker 1: They're trying. That doesn't mean they're maybe dialing.
Speaker 2: You know they're succeeding. Yeah, eight five, nine, two, eight oh, twenty eighty seven. All right, Billy, what county are we on? We are at Callaway County. Murray. I got a message that said, Billy better not screw up my county.
Speaker 7: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sure everybody thinks that.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 9: The extreme southwest part of Kentucky founded in eighteen twenty two from portions of Hickman County, named after Colonel Richard Callaway, an early pioneer of Kentucky who joined Daniel Boone in seventeen seventy five and marking the Wilderness Road into central Kentucky. His name also has two spellings. I can't confirm if it's Callaway or call Away with an A or an O in the middle.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're arguing maybe they spell their county wrong correct?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I ooh, what if we found that out today? In addition to Ryan talking trash to David Steele, what if we found out Callaway spells their county wrong. Yeah? I can't confirm through my research.
Speaker 9: So maybe could somebody can help out with that population of about forty thousand, I.
Speaker 2: Found out it was wrong. You just have to leave it now at this point, it's too late, sorry to Captain Richard Calloway, but got to go with it. Daniel Boone underappreciated as a Kentucky legend. True, I mean came through Coming Gap, yes, and then basically traverse the whole state. He was here more than Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 1: Why don't we have a statue of him?
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 9: The county seat is Murray, which was voted in twenty twelve by Randy McNally and the USA today as the friendliest small town in America.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the friendliest small town in America. I think they have that on a sign or something. And actually every time we've been, I feel like it's pretty friendly. Which is Daniel to nerd trivia. That Yeah, time we did go to nerd trivia. It was fun. That was a lot of fun and he was very happy.
Speaker 1: He was good dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: During the Civil War, Calloway County was originally declared neutral, but saw as many as five hundred men joined the Confederate ranks. Well just under two hundred joined the Union. It was the scene of many skirmishes. In the late eighteen hundreds and early nineteen hundreds. It became known for producing high quality gold leaf tobacco, and Murray reportedly had around fifteen tobacco factories at one point. In nineteen twenty two, the Murray and Calloway County communities came together to give one hundred and seventeen thousand dollars in cash and real estate in an effort to win the bid for a normal school in Western Kentucky.
Speaker 2: This is a normal school.
Speaker 9: It's a school that teaches teachers. It prepares people to become teachers.
Speaker 2: That's what it's called. That's they're called normal school.
Speaker 9: Yes, Yeah, and Western Kentucky and Murray Both started out as normal schools before they transferred.
Speaker 2: Murray State was the school. Correct.
Speaker 9: This was remarkable at the time. Over thirteen hundred donors averaged a gift of eighty two dollars and ten cents.
Speaker 2: Which has been a lot of money then.
Speaker 9: M Additionally, three hundred and fifty families opened up their homes with the promise to board up to two thousand students should Murray be selected for the location of the school.
Speaker 2: Do you think towns would do that now? No? Like, do you think a town? What's a town the size of Murray, Like, I don't know, Madisonville. You think Madisonville would donate the equivalent of one hundred and seventeen thousand, so they would raise I don't know four million dollars and open up their homes for the students. Do you think we would do that? We're too selfish of a society. There's a lot more community then than now. Agreed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Later that year, Murray State Normal School was awarded to the town. Today, Murray State is the cultural and educational epicenter of Calloway County.
Speaker 2: Uh, I mean that sounds a lot more impressive, Like, I mean, what would the other choices be well, I don't know, but I tell you what Murray is. What other towns are in caw Is that where Fancy Farm is? Is Fancy Farm in Calloway County.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know about that right there in the edge.
Speaker 2: Fancy Farm is this weekend? I think, by the way, is it?
Speaker 9: I think there's a town called Hazel in fans Farms, Galloway County.
Speaker 2: We've been to Hazel, have we? Yes? We went to Hazel once. We stopped there. I don't remember why, but I remember because I would think of the TV show with the maid. Remember there was a comedy when we when you were young, Hazel.
Speaker 1: Don't ring a bell?
Speaker 2: You never, you don't, you're you're this is your era.
Speaker 1: I don't remember Hazel.
Speaker 2: You don't remember Hazel. No, it was like a plump little housekeeper. I'm not making this up. There is a show, Drew, looking up, there's a show called Hazel.
Speaker 1: I believe you. I just don't remember it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is. How long was it on?
Speaker 3: Well, it was on in the early nineteen sixties. Yeah, you're psycho.
Speaker 9: Anyway, they have They have some great antiquing at Hazel. If you're ever in the area, and during the mid nineteen hundreds, Murray became known as the used car capital of the world. After World War Two, so many skilled mechanics and auto body workers returned to Murray from the northern factories and turned vehicle reconditioning into the area's largest economic driver.
Speaker 2: What so they all just came back to Murray. And so if you wanted to use car, you came to Murray.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, per capita had more used car lots than anywhere in the state.
Speaker 2: Huh. And I guess the country or maybe the world. Well, you don't have to keep that adding or was it just counting or Callaway County only? Okay, that's an interesting stat I didn't know that. Is it still still a lot of used car lots?
Speaker 9: Not as much, not as much. A couple interesting people there. Nathan Stubblefield is a big one. He was an American inventor who received widespread attention in the early nineteen hundreds when he gave a series of public demonstrations of a battery operated wireless telephone which could be transported to different locations and used on mobile platforms such as boats. He received a patent in nineteen oh eight for a wireless telephone system that used magnetic in Dutch.
Speaker 2: Sure, you're saying Nathan Stubblefield, which, by the way, was my grandmother's maiden name, Stubblefield. Okay, by the way, Morgan Wallins, grandma was a stubble Field. You're saying that they he invented the cell phone.
Speaker 9: He is an early pioneer of radio. He ultimately he was ultimately unsuccessfu full and commercializing his inventions and later went into seclusion before his death. But he was able to send short speech distances without wires before radio became a thing.
Speaker 2: Why why did he go into seclusion.
Speaker 9: Well, it just didn't work out. He wasn't getting the fame and took it hard.
Speaker 1: I think took it hard.
Speaker 2: Took it hard, all right.
Speaker 9: Murray also is the home of Molly Simms, who is an American fashion model and actress. She was in The Benchwarmers, which is a great comedy movie.
Speaker 1: Molly sim On Molly soon illustrated.
Speaker 2: And that was hang on a second, that wasn't needed, the bomb chicken pound pound. I'm looking up Molly. So should I know? You all all seem to know her? Should I know who that is? She is beautiful What was she in Starsky and Hutch A few things.
Speaker 3: The bench warmers and the sport. A regular in the sports illustrated swim So I remember her from the magazines.
Speaker 2: And she grew up in Murray.
Speaker 9: Yes, and one more. Rod Ferrell, an American murderer and cult leader who was a memory of a gang of teenagers. Yeah, from Murray, Kentucky, known as the Vampire Clan.
Speaker 2: We talked about them before. Yeah, the Vampire Clan. That was a whole. We talked about that a lot when we did Murray during COVID, and it's there's a lot to that story that that we learned during that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: He claims to be a five hundred year old vampire named Visago, a character he created for himself after becoming himself.
Speaker 2: Not the role playing game. You don't know that he's not.
Speaker 9: In nineteen ninety eight, Pharaoh pleaded guilty to the double slang of a couple from Florida, becoming the youngest person on death row in Florida.
Speaker 2: They signed I don't I don't think so, I don't know update to this. No, I don't know that update.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Hoogie Jones, also from Callaway County.
Speaker 2: I thought Poogie Jones was from the last county man.
Speaker 1: He's from Kallaway County.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well good, can we count Murray Racer famous players, John Morant.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, John Morant, Pope Eye, John.
Speaker 3: Jones, cam campaign campaign.
Speaker 2: Yes, Max Duffy of a special teams coach. Mac Stuffy was the special teams coach. Slacks flash Ye Slacks at UK taxidermist. All right, well, good stuff, all right, so we're gonna take a break. What your other county is what Campbell? Campbell? But we also have Jacob from David Steele. He was able to get through.
Speaker 1: Good, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get under the table. I'm gonna let you deal with this. I'm gonna get let you present the allegation and I'm not getting involved. Okay, you made the claim, you are gonna have to deal with Jacob.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Welcome back Techie Sports Radio. It's Wild Eggs Wednesday. Go to Twitter right now. Ks R Show on Twitter. You have ten minutes to guess the word. I think Mario spelled it wrong. So you're playing guess what Mario was thinking. Okay, guess what Mario is thinking? I think you have way too many vowels. But nevertheless, the first you have ten minutes and Mario will pick one of the people for fifty dollars from wild Eggs for wild Eggs Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Last wild Eggs Wednesdays. Right now, said your last chance draft Kings.
Speaker 2: You bet five dollars. You going up two hundred dollars in bonus bats Law Familia versus Rock Chop Jayhawk. Who you got law Familia. Let's go Drue law Familia to finish the job. Billy familiar law Familia. Who would be against law Famlia? Who would dare challenge the power of law Familia? No one? Right?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Well, we have Jacob on the phone. Jacob is from Davis Steele Ryan. I'll give it to you, Jacob.
Speaker 1: I guess we got to ask the question, but I'll say hello to hello Jacob.
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going? Happy to be here?
Speaker 1: So David still used to be a sponsor of law Familia. There's a little scuttle butt that maybe there were some hurt feelings until you pulled the sponsorship and decided to sponsor one of the rivals. We're about to run out of time here. I got to go ahead. So Jacob, how would you respond to that and tell me that their real story?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: So, I'm Jacob, I'm the GM of the team. I was the GM of Everline Drive for the last twelve years and TVT we've rebranded the Davis Steele. Basically, the long and short of it is, after we knocked off lof Amelia last year, the Davis Brothers approached us, said they just wanted to potentially have a team with their own name in it. They approached us, Amberline Drive rebranded as Davis Steel and that's kind of the long and short of it.
Speaker 2: So they saw you all win last year and then flipped, Okay, do you have players? Yea, do you have players from Kentucky?
Speaker 6: We we don't have players from Kentucky. We've had We've had Archie good One on our team in the past. We've had some Western Kentucky guys in the past. We've had a j Slaughter and Jeremy Evans with us. But really our main Kentucky connection is just that the Davis brothers decided to h sponsor our team and now we're Davis Steele.
Speaker 2: Where do you live?
Speaker 6: So I live in Detroit, Michigan. So the team that I get the kind of base out of that, But we're kind of we're kind of just like an all star team. We got players from all over.
Speaker 2: And when's your next game? So you're in the semi finals, when do you play? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So we play tomorrow here in Las Vegas where this whole side of the Brecket is and then if we win, you know, we'll hopefully play lost Camelia and have a little little rematch last year.
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, I appreciate you calling in. Good luck in your game. Could be quite a battle if they both make it to the finals.
Speaker 6: That's the that's the hope. That's the hope, you know, with the Davis brothers in that Kentucky tie, I think we'd love to end up there. Obviously we know Archie very well. We've had him for several years as well, and he's been killing it.
Speaker 1: So I think that's the way.
Speaker 2: How did you know we were talking about this? If you're in Detroit?
Speaker 6: So Ashley Davis, he hesking me. He's a big ASR guy and he was like, they're talking about us, you got to call in. He just sent me the phone number, and I trust Ashley implicitly. So I just clicked the number and called on in, not really knowing what I was getting myself into.
Speaker 2: I understand. Well, then, thank you for being a good sport uh and calling in and maybe we'll see you on Sunday. Okay, that's the hope.
Speaker 8: Appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go.
Speaker 1: This has got to happen, right, love of me has to win.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't rize. We had a rivalry, especially with a steel company. That's right. Archie left them for us, and they beat Archie last year. This is, this is there's so many angles. You've got the Davis brothers yes, KSR fans, Yes, but also saw us lose and then went and sponsored the other team. It would but Billy calling up Saint Peter's sports radio five years ago and asking for a job. They're like a winner. I got a digital business card.
Speaker 1: So Jacob was from Eberlin Drive.
Speaker 2: I gotta win tonight to learn more about these hurt feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was obviously from eberl and Drive, not Davis Steeles. Don't have the real story yet why David Steele decided to pull their sponsors.
Speaker 2: She did say they like, OK.
Speaker 1: Sorry the brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's up there on the right. Ye unless you're going to well, we'll see. It could add a lot of spices to Saturday's remote into the game on Sunday. We don't want to look ahead one game a game at a time, but we got a win tonight to make this happen. Billy, we will postpone Campbell County because you had a lot on Campbell County and Carlisle. You want that to tomorrow? Yes, well, I mean assuming we get If we don't have more, David Steele come up. All right, Well, thank you all very much. We will see you tomorrow. One hundred blizzards giving away to listeners tomorrow. Okay, that's the tees during the show. That's the tea. Be ready. We'll see you later.