Speaker 1: Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to me Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Gianni's but tell us. The damn script says Spencer Newhart's I noticed it too. We're not going to start again. I'm still Janni's but tell us. And today we're joined by Spencer Randall, Brodie cal Roman Reva, and Eric Hamburg. Eric, this is your first time on the show. Tell folks what you do here at meat Eater.
Speaker 3: I work at the Meat Eater store in downtown and I go to college at Montana State.
Speaker 4: You grow a lot of hair too.
Speaker 5: It looks like that's what I'm known for him.
Speaker 6: Yep, I was wondering if it was one of those hats, wondering where you can find one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first time, the first time Steve met me, he referred to me as the.
Speaker 1: Kid that needed a haircut.
Speaker 5: That's devastating.
Speaker 2: Are you old enough to be dating? Yeah? Do you feel like the hair helps you in the in dating world or or the other direction.
Speaker 3: I've had the same girlfriend for almost two years and she.
Speaker 2: Has curly hair too, so I'd say it helped you. Okay, what age.
Speaker 5: Do you think you need to be to start dating Yannie.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, somewhere in early to mid high school. I guess, okay, so college.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was already telling me the other day to keep my boy away from his daughter.
Speaker 4: And they're like super young.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, my girls like to talk about boys. I don't know if your boys like to talk about girls. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Eric said they listened to Uh they put all the trivias on the TV at the store, and he said it's usually a pretty poor performance. Though. Who's the best at the store.
Speaker 2: I'd say Kate. We had high hopes for Kate, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got strong start. See, we'll see you made a strong start.
Speaker 2: How do you usually do? What are your what's your gut? Say you're gonna do today?
Speaker 3: I get a lot of random questions, right, like the ones that people in the store don't get right.
Speaker 2: I usually get right.
Speaker 3: But we'll see. I'm known as the slow one in the store, but.
Speaker 5: The hairy one in.
Speaker 1: The slow one promising, I like a humble fellow promising. Resume.
Speaker 2: This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters. Four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there's a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing. Now on the stats for the stat of the week, we're looking at scores from previous times I hosted. The first two times, the average player's score was three point three. There's hard questions. The average winning score was six. But last time my host sed the average player score was four point four and the winning score was nine.
Speaker 5: What do you think the winning score will be today? You said there's no Jennifer Index.
Speaker 2: No, but man, I really felt like I was. I was trying to I almost went, uh multiple choice, Oh yeah, to really make it just nothing but softball. You always have one out of four chance.
Speaker 1: You know you wanted the smartest class in the.
Speaker 2: School, exactly.
Speaker 8: Man, I don't know if the multiple choice is like an automatic softball unless you wrote them.
Speaker 2: Now, well, it makes you feel good though, you're like, I got one out of four, right. No one has to show a blank board like I feel like.
Speaker 8: Spencer used to write the multiple choice question as a softball, but I don't think that's the case anymore.
Speaker 5: That's it's usually the last question to come in a script, and so if I need a harder question in there than and it's harder, and if it's an easy round, or excuse me, a hard round, then I'll make it easier.
Speaker 2: So I wrote this whole thing between the hours of like midnight and nine today, so I don't have all that I'm kidding, but I still didn't write it quite as detailed as Spencer would have. All Right, onto IFAQ, which stands for and Frequently ask Questions segment, or as I refer to it, the Spencer wants to talk about a subject but is unsure if the crew will think it's cool segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to trivia at the meat Eater dot com with the subject line IFAQ in caps IFAQ. But don't get your hopes up, because unless Spencer also is interested in your question, we're probably not gonna.
Speaker 5: Air it well one a week, one a week.
Speaker 2: So this question comes from Bob Burns, probably a name Spencer made up on episode six hundred and fifty three. You have a question about military land. I am active duty at Fort Stewart and was wondering if anyone at Meat Eater has ever hunted military land. I do often, but was wondering about your take on it.
Speaker 4: I have not know you have, though, haven't you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, I never had that.
Speaker 1: I never.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I have a friend that does a bunch. He's actually he's also stationed at a at a I don't know if it's called a base or a ford or whatever, but because he knows about the system, he's always like, oh, yeah, I was in Texas hunting this military place installation, and then we've went on a trip in California and hunted. This sounds like there's good opportunities, but no, one, Randall, you've never done it.
Speaker 1: No, never.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm familiar with some of the opportunities, but I've never done it myself.
Speaker 5: One of the things I'd say is someone who's never hunted it is that there's like a few more hoops to jump through, which eliminates some folks from like going through that process. Similar to in Montana, you have private land that becomes public access to the BMA program, and there's two types, and one type requires more legwork than the other one, and that one tends to keep more peace blout. And I'm sure military ground is the same way. Just be my guess.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Anybody else anything to say about that.
Speaker 1: Cal You're a well traveled fellow.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 6: People who have hunted Montana have hunted on military land. Just uh, isn't a full functioning base anymore.
Speaker 2: I heard about one recently in Montana, but I'm not gonna mention it for fear of blown up a spot. Yeah. I wouldn't do that either.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, there there's we got quite a ways down the permission's rabbit hole to hunt on the military installation in Guam last year.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're gonna hunt pigs and uh, what do they have their fallow deer? No, what's the Yeah, maybe it is a fallow deer. Yeah, yep, yep, yep. Really easy to do with archery equipment.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: You definitely got to jump through some more hoops and uh and then you know, so like ibex did Steve do on base? He did he did off base or or x y. One thing that you have to do is you have to take an ordnance test so you can be like, oh, that's ordnance on the ground. I need to tell people where it is and avoid it.
Speaker 2: It's a little little test that's spooky. Yeah, a little bit of a hoop, don't walk around in the dark. Oh look another I f a Q. This one's sent in from Albert Gallatin.
Speaker 8: Huh, Secretary of the Treasury.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's almost like someone just made this up. Alas, are you guys going to have any new cooking content soon? I haven't seen a good cooking show since pardon my plate? That was okay, just so happens al that. Yeah, we just released the first episode of a new show called Me Eater Rose, where we have a couple of our own, very own every day wild game culinary enthusiasts.
Speaker 5: I heard you insult Brody with that term.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I changed it. He now is approving. I was calling them ordinary ordinary cooks in the kitchen, but they compete against each other. They have an unknown chunk of wild game to cook and a short amount of time, and then we have a couple of judges who sort of roastum helped them along. The first episode just aired was cal v Brody and we had Jesse Griffiths and Ranella judging, and so far it's been feedback has been great on it.
Speaker 5: So what day of the week these drop.
Speaker 2: No idea on YouTube?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The first one dropped, but now I've heard that there aren't are. The forthcoming ones are being pushed a little ways until we figure out some sponsorship maybe about who who wants to attach their name to this fine show.
Speaker 1: No one's going to want to sponsor my episode.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's going to be the hottest one.
Speaker 6: I heard from several people in the room that having nothing. Nobody mentioned the cooking at all, but.
Speaker 5: They all oh me and Randall's episode. We said a beer drinking record that episode.
Speaker 9: I don't think we should brag about that because it really wasn't that many beers.
Speaker 5: We can break that record next time we're on there again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh goodness. So yeah, go to our YouTube channel and check out me Eater Roasts first episode at cal v Brody. It's right, we'll have more coming soon. All right. For today's housekeeping, I'm going to throw it to Spenser for the announcement he teased last week.
Speaker 5: We have a new game on our website. If you're familiar with our website, you might know that we have crossword puzzles that come out every Wednesday, and they are crossword puzzles from the Meat Eater universe that cover topics like haunting, fishing, the outdoors, National Parks, Conservation, wild game, things like that, and you compete against Randall in those crossword puzzles. We have a new game. It's gonna come out every single Monday. It's called meat Eater Turtle. It's a lot like wordle but it's better. Mead Eater Turtle has a five letter word that you get six tries to solve. It will give you help along the way. If your letter is yellow, that means you have the right letter in the wrong spot. If it's green, you have the right letter in the right spot. If it's gray, then you that letter is not in the word at all. And this is a way to give another game to people who share our dictionary as Outdoorsmen. So comes out every single Monday. Jannis is the person that you're going to be competing against in Mead Eater Turtle. But for the first one, which comes out April seventh, the whole crew is going to play that one. We're going to reveal their scores on an upcoming episode of med Eater Radio and you'll see if you can beat them. That first category is an animal. It's a five letter word that's an animal. Go play it the medeater dot com slash games.
Speaker 6: Did you see the fly? I found?
Speaker 5: Cal sent to a screenshot that it didn't accept oscar. It doesn't like proper nouns. But I would argue with the game on your behalf, Cal that oscar is also a fish, so it should have taken that.
Speaker 6: It's a very relevant fish because it's an invasive in a lot of areas. Great unfish. Well, that's the problem.
Speaker 5: So that's that's one help you. One hint for you playing meat Eater Turtle, don't don't don't put in their oscars, and don't put in other proper.
Speaker 2: Downs, and don't when you're done with your oscars, don't just chuck them out into the wild. Where you've been testing the game on others besides me? Where have I been stacking up?
Speaker 5: We're gonna reveal that on an upcoming episode of Me Eater Radio, the Whole, the whole Crew. We're gonna have ten scores revealed how everybody did see.
Speaker 2: Now, the fact that it's within our universe hasn't really been helping me. I still play it like I would play Wurdle.
Speaker 5: Okay, that could be one strategy. Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Beg to differ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be different for you.
Speaker 9: Do you have a category that's animals and you have five letters? You think of as many five letter animals?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess it depends. Is it is it rating you on speed or tries?
Speaker 5: Speed and tries?
Speaker 6: Do you think those markers are free?
Speaker 2: Young man?
Speaker 1: This one's getting work.
Speaker 6: Why don't you just use all of that right now? Messing with your name?
Speaker 2: He likes the smell of the shot.
Speaker 6: Everybody, what you're doing?
Speaker 1: I paid the bills around this place.
Speaker 2: Cow, So one more time.
Speaker 5: Go to the mediator dot com slash games. Uh, you'll have turtle on Monday's Crosswords on Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: Thanks for all the fun you bring into our live Spencer.
Speaker 2: We're on to question one.
Speaker 5: Oh you tell tell him to play the drop?
Speaker 2: Oh? Play the drop? He said he was ready. Yeah, I lied to you a whole lot of seconds. Here we go. We can't have it without this. Look.
Speaker 5: I need to know what I stand to wind everything.
Speaker 1: Just tend to win.
Speaker 2: Everything game on Suckers. Question one blends hunting and conservation. According to the Boone and Crocketts Club, what is the average inside spread of a typical Boone and Crocket mule? Deer buck? Is it twenty one, twenty two, twenty three or twenty four inches? Now I rounded this up to the nearest whole number because the answer actually has a fraction next to it. I don't think that's going to help you, guys, but I just wanted to be clear on that. Again. The question is, according to the Boone and Crocket Club, what is the average inside spread of a typical Boone and Crocket mule deer buck? Is it twenty one, twenty two, twenty three or twenty four inches?
Speaker 5: Brody, have you ever killed the booner Mealy one?
Speaker 2: No? Shit?
Speaker 5: Do you know its spread?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 8: That one from a long time ago in Colorado?
Speaker 4: That real heavy one.
Speaker 8: It's a minimum, you know, yeah, the minimum?
Speaker 5: Do you know it spread?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 8: It didn't make It's not very wide. Okay, it's like mass long times.
Speaker 6: Cow's got the record show that when Brody did his hand mass measurement, it.
Speaker 2: Was larger than.
Speaker 4: Enjoy.
Speaker 8: It's like baseball bats man. That's what got it over the edge.
Speaker 6: Ueyville slugger diameter.
Speaker 2: You killed on your dad about that same time period, My dad killed one. No, that's what I mean. Sorry, Like you were with your dad when he killed one a giant that was about that was probably a minimum too, right, No.
Speaker 8: That one that one my dad killed was over two hundred.
Speaker 2: Who did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was mad. That's good. I'd like to hear about that buck after this show.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer? Yeah? Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. Roman going twenty two inches, Cow twenty two, twenty two, Eric twenty three, Randall twenty three, Spencer twenty four, Reva twenty two, Brody twenty two. We do have one correct answer twenty four. To be exact, it is twenty three seven eighths. Ooh, so Spencer is the only correct answer twenty four. I spoke with Jennifer Statton of Boone and Crockett and asked her what the average with was. She took data from twenty one states to find this number. Interestingly, the average inside spread of a non typical from out of the same data set was twenty three four rates. That's three a shorter than the typical.
Speaker 5: There are twenty one states that have Boone and Crockett mule deer entries correct, amundo?
Speaker 6: There are? Yeah. I find that still to this day, people measure the outside spread of a mule deer.
Speaker 2: Listen. But when I first started scoring anything, I was measuring inside and outside and applying both those numbers.
Speaker 8: Like a back has a six inch time probably a lot of people standing out a measure ship.
Speaker 5: I went with twenty four because we went with to the the Antler King collection in three fourths. But what was his? Was it the Antler King or was it something? Oh boy, I don't remember, but he's got like one of the world's biggest collection of antlers in that whole dang shed. I think he said he had two muleis that went boon and crocket, and there were some giant muleis in.
Speaker 10: There, Jim Jim's horn house there, and I think Jim has since found.
Speaker 6: A muleier buck alive rutting a dough this year that had split his skull plate and so.
Speaker 2: Has wide rack.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Literally, as one antler was hanging down and uh, I was like, I should shoot that thing because the inside spread on that thing is probably thirty inches.
Speaker 2: That'd be good, yeah, right, But when you score them, the inside spread can't exceed the length of the longest main beam.
Speaker 8: And I think it wouldn't count if it was broken.
Speaker 4: The skull plate.
Speaker 6: I think it has to.
Speaker 5: I think that'd be hard to argue. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It would depends on if you didn't broken or if it's been fused.
Speaker 6: I watched him, it wasn't flopping.
Speaker 2: So m yeah, man, A lot to unpack with that story. All right, we're onto question two. This one also falls into hunting. Which camouflage first appeared on first lights hunting clothing?
Speaker 5: Do you know this, col?
Speaker 2: I damn sure better? Which camouflage first appeared on First Light's clothing? So what I'm looking for is like, what camouflage pattern was the first one? The first I ever used?
Speaker 6: Remember it?
Speaker 2: Even? What's so funny about that question?
Speaker 6: This is something that I should at least have some answer for.
Speaker 1: You're right, you really shouldn't. I mean, no, you know some, But this is for your time.
Speaker 6: Are you saying you can't name a single camouflage pattern? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I just thought of one.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, there you go.
Speaker 6: That was the hangout.
Speaker 5: So do you have this one? Right? Cal?
Speaker 6: I know exactly what's right.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: This is sort of a this is a bone for Cal, This is a.
Speaker 1: Bone for the oh g the first employee of First Light.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that he was gonna well, and I guess it wasn't in the script here that I didn't know that Cal was still but old.
Speaker 8: Pair of bibs and this stuff, and I kiss still can't remember it's called.
Speaker 11: I feel like this is interesting timing as Camo's coming back in the fashion world.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing this.
Speaker 2: Coming back. Now. Where have you been? Roman?
Speaker 4: This one's very fashionable too.
Speaker 2: Brody, do you have something written down? Okay, does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answer. Oh, I got it right, Roman, Cal say a SAT, Eric Massy Oak, Randall Asat Spencer bottom Lands, which is the Massi Oak pattern, Reva Cash, which is the first Light pattern. Brody, a sat. The correct answer is a SAT. A SAT which stands for all season, all terrain was first Lights first camera pattern. I texted with Kent and Caruth, one of First Lights founders, to make sure I had this right. I asked him why a SAT? He replied, well, we liked a SAT and Predator the best. An Asat called us back first. That's how it happens when you're a young company.
Speaker 5: Is a said the one that just looks like branches kind of. It's just like it's almost.
Speaker 2: Like a yeah. Some people would say almost.
Speaker 1: It's like three colors.
Speaker 6: A bad tribal tattoo.
Speaker 2: Was awful described Sure, you're just gonna go hide in a cat tail marsh.
Speaker 9: In the summer of twenty eleven, I placed an order for a bunch of first Light product in.
Speaker 1: Uh real tree, I believe, And I got a call.
Speaker 9: Saying, hey, all that stuff is out of stock, but what you're gonna want is this A tat stuff.
Speaker 8: Was on the other end of the line, and he said, he said, Oh, I see you're in Missoula.
Speaker 1: I used to live in Missoula. I said, oh cool.
Speaker 5: And then years later I remembered that was cal a a hot dog stand.
Speaker 1: No, no, we met. We introduced ourselves the first time at a hot dog stanwn.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm personally a big fan of a SAT and I think that a pattern suffered from simply not being hip enough to the human eye, where a lot of other patterns that do not break you up as well as ASAT does don't work. And is the variety of terrains that ASAT does have sold way more items of clothing whatever that's been put on because we as humans just.
Speaker 5: Like it better.
Speaker 6: You used to say fashion over function.
Speaker 2: I'm a function guy. I would use it if it was still available.
Speaker 5: It's like fishing lures that catch fishermen, not fish.
Speaker 2: That's okay. On to question number three, A brace of birds is how many? So I'm asking you to tell me how many birds would be in a brace of birds? What's the category hunting?
Speaker 5: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: I thought this would be a little bit too brody. Had it very quickly. You've never heard the term brace?
Speaker 1: No, oh, I've heard it, Reva.
Speaker 2: Nope. Cal certainly has the upland hunter that he is.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, but I didn't know that. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. Oh gosh, this one has. Actually I've kicked it down the I have a little notes thing in my phone with all my trivia questions, and when they come to me, I pop them in there. Now. I've kicked this one down before because I thought everybody's going to know this one. So I'm glad I pulled it out.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: Again. Question three, A brace of birds is how many?
Speaker 4: Let's have it wrong.
Speaker 5: Good on you, Yanni, saying the question again Okay, that's good hosting.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. I like feedback from hosting, So listeners out there, you know, in the comments, throw it down. No, Logan Williamson took the time to send me a quick text and say that he thought that last week's Mediator Radio Live was well hosted.
Speaker 5: I was very appreciable. Now I'm offended, but Logan's never texted me there.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but you set the bar, you know, and so it's hard to be thank Yeah. I just I just had a shining moment, you know, good laughing.
Speaker 11: Roman say, we get a decent amount of emails talking about hosts, but I don't know if I should share that feedbae.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody have an answer. Those of you that are going to have one, go ahead and reveal them, please, Roman eighteen Cal three, Eric four, Ran three, Spencer two, reave A twenty Brody two. We do have two correct answers. The answer is two. That's what I have written down first. But that doesn't make any sense now. I couldn't really find any interesting flavor text about a brace of birds, although the term is commonly used in conjunction with the process of hanging birds, specifically, pheasants. And when I found too that is that often a brace is not only a pair, but that it would be one female and one male, which really wouldn't happen in our country much with pheasants. I guess if you wrote maybe on a game farm farm, you can shoot him there. But hank Shaw wrote a great article on hanging birds on his website Hunt and Gather cook His takeaway hanging works. You're gonna get awesome meat, awesome skin. You just got to do it right, three to seven days at fifty to fifty five degrees, guts in or out, guts in?
Speaker 5: Is this exclusive to upland or would you be like a brace of mallards came into the decoys.
Speaker 2: You can use it for a waterfowl.
Speaker 5: Okay, how about Turkey's like abrasive brace?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't see what basically the definition was any any bird that was shot for like sport or food, or I've.
Speaker 4: Heard it often is like I brought home a.
Speaker 1: Brace of birds, brace of pheasants.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 6: I don't like the guts in.
Speaker 8: Neither do I not with shotgun pellets, busted up guts.
Speaker 6: That's the problem is as that as things start to break down, which the whole point of hanging is, you know, like letting that carcass start to degrade. If you have a little pathway created by a pellet that goes from you know, the good thigh meat or from the breast meat into the body cavity, the pressure of that bird breaking down, even at fifty degrees is going to get that stomach juice up into that meat and render it inedible.
Speaker 2: I agree, I pull the guts out there. You go appreciate the input. Cal pull he Gala says, pull the guts out all right. On the question four, This one is also in the hunting category. What does the acronym dope stand for when used in shooting? Randall as I thought, would be quick to write an answer.
Speaker 5: I think we've had this question before.
Speaker 2: I really don't think we have spencer. Nah, we'll be from China spreadsheet. Yeah, we're still having fun, right, Noman's thinking, calous thinking, what does.
Speaker 1: The acronym dope when used in shooting stand for?
Speaker 9: Thanks Randal, I got some real the first time I host, at least writing. I saw a lot of really nasty comments about how I didn't repeat the question.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they said, how stupid do you have to be to not read him twice?
Speaker 10: I just I just command f the spreadsheet Spencer, and I did not find anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, what this is? Oh? Oh, maybe it's appeared in a crossword. Maybe that's could be why I know I've read it somewhere. Next week Randal is hosting, so if yes, you give some feedback to him to prime your feedback. That's right.
Speaker 2: And now, Randall, my flavor text is basically throwing this to you. So you have now a few seconds to prepare as we write their answer.
Speaker 8: So you wrote the question knowing he would get it right and have something to say about it.
Speaker 2: Heck, you look, how well.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that Spencer's.
Speaker 1: What's your three dimensional Chessi's play?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's better than asking about first lights verse camel pattern to the first Lights Verst employee.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you got one in there, like what is my second son's middle name?
Speaker 2: Not quite. I wouldn't know that one, I know, but you should ask it. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: Yanni and Randall gracious enough to host for me because I have some deadlines coming up. One of them was meat eater turtle, So please again go play that we worked hard on.
Speaker 2: This is it?
Speaker 5: You'll enjoy it?
Speaker 8: Is it turtle as in the animal or turtle turtles in the animal shipy turds.
Speaker 9: So if you like turtle but you don't like me hosting, it's just call it even there.
Speaker 2: You go, all right, there we have an answer that is gonna have an answer. Romans shaking and said no, go ahead and reveal your answers for the acronym dope. Roman says degrees of elevation, cal says develop of projectile eject Eric data of precise question mark Randall data on previous engagement, Spencer data on previous engagement, Reva dial optics, peep I Brody drop of projectile energy. We do have a couple correct answers in the room. It is data on previous engagements Randall. What do you know about dope, well, previous engagement?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I mean traditionally so now it's just like a shorthand for any sort of ballistic information. But you know, if you are a serious shooter, you write down what your bullet is doing at any in any given conditions, at any given distance, and then you.
Speaker 1: Have a record of that.
Speaker 9: So kids out there, don't just trust your phone if you're going to shoot something at three hundred fifty yards, you should have shot a target at three hundred and fifty yards already, and then you can rely on data from previous engagements rather than just some number on your phone.
Speaker 8: Is being able to hit a paper play at fifty yards dope?
Speaker 1: Nope? Nope, going good enough? It's not dope?
Speaker 2: Well, I would say that it is because you know data.
Speaker 1: You know that you can hit a paper play at fifty yards.
Speaker 4: That was our dope back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think the day before the season.
Speaker 9: I think dope is important because people say dope when they just pull numbers off their phone.
Speaker 1: But if you've never shot at that distance, you don't actually have real data. It's all hypothetical and toil lead is in the air.
Speaker 2: So and I think you make a really good point about verifying. Even in the apps, you have to verify. You can't just go and trust the numbers off the box, or even if you get the velocity, like anytime we do that, we then take it out to five hundred yards and shoot, and rarely is it spot on. You're still going to make a fine adjustment either to BC or to velocity or whatever it might be, to really dial it.
Speaker 1: In, and.
Speaker 9: I like to shoot a group at eight hundred yards and see what it's actually like. Shooting once at eight hundred yards, you might be in your zone of comfort. But if you shoot three and this one happens to be top left and the other two are down here, h your actual point of impact for your.
Speaker 1: Group is off your target.
Speaker 9: So shoot a lot, shoot often, and pay attention to what you see on the target.
Speaker 1: Don't just wing it.
Speaker 2: I used to have that scribble down on a piece of paper that stuck on a bulletin board. It said, like shoot more, shoot more often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you learn a lot.
Speaker 2: It's good for you. All right, onto question five. Still stuck in the hunting category. Rate these four states non resident white tail deer buck tag prices from most expensive to cheapest Oklahoma, Ohio, Iowa, and Missouri. Again, it's not really a question. Rate these four states non resident white tailed deer buck tags.
Speaker 4: All four of these.
Speaker 5: I have hunted zero of those, but I'm familiar with all four.
Speaker 4: You haven't hunted.
Speaker 5: Iowa, No, I have points. It's on my twenty twenty seven docket.
Speaker 2: Oh I have points too.
Speaker 5: When are you going?
Speaker 2: Maybe we could go together.
Speaker 5: Nah, Okay, where we got? How many points do you have?
Speaker 1: And is it a price proposition?
Speaker 2: I'm at I'm at four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're in different we're different categories. You have more than me. Plus I imagine you're going to want to do an archery rod hunt and I'm probably gonna want to do like a December gun hunt.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could be uh persuaded.
Speaker 5: Okay, figured out after this again?
Speaker 2: The question five is rate these four states non resident white tailed deer buck tag prices from most expensive to cheapest? Oklahoma, Ohio, Iowa, and Missouri. Does everybody have these four states listed in order from most expensive to cheapest white tail deer buck tag non resident prices.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to use my data and experience from people that have written in from our meat eater community.
Speaker 2: What are they write in about complaining about how non resident prices are out of control? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean if Montana was on that list, wouldn't be your classic white tail state, but it would be by far and away the most.
Speaker 4: Mmm, unless you count.
Speaker 2: Special let's not talk.
Speaker 5: You wrote down my guest for the price of the tag?
Speaker 2: Oh good? All right?
Speaker 5: Some of these states have a reputation reveal your answer.
Speaker 6: I wrote it down, didn't want to read.
Speaker 2: But it's backwards too. You expect people Ohio, Iowa? What was the other one? Oklahoma and Missouri. So Missouri is the cheapest and Missouri is the cheapest. Ohio is the most expensive. Roman, much more legibly, wrote out, Iowa, Oklahoma, Ohio, Missouri, Randall Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio. Spencer Oklahoma, Iowa, Ohio, Missouri, Reva Iowa, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma. Brody Iowa, Oklahoma, Missouri, Ohio.
Speaker 1: What are you doing to my boy here?
Speaker 6: Oh might be too short?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe your your board might have been behind your hair. Eric wrote down, Iowa, Ohio, Missouri, Oklahoma. I believe Phil, we have one correct a. You have one correct answer. It is Oklahoma, Iowa, Ohio, Missouri. Spencer Newhart gotta correct. Oklahoma came in at seven hundred eight dollars, followed by Iowa at six hundred and forty four, Ohio four hundred, and Missouri at two hundred eighty eight. I was surprised to read how many states have white tail deer tags over five hundred. I'm used to paying two hundred in Wisconsin, which is now I feel like a heck of a deal.
Speaker 5: And is that is that like a benefit of being No, no, no, that's just standard price Montana like Calus saying seven hundred and fifty nine.
Speaker 6: Who But another fun thing though, is like in Oklahoma that's three deer. I think you get one buck and two does with that purchase?
Speaker 2: So true that? Yeah, amongst all this stuff, there's a lot of different variants about how many deer three you might get.
Speaker 5: Well, you're also required, like have a small game license, and I.
Speaker 2: Try to mastivate it for the prices, like what it would minimum take to go hunting, and that's this is what I came up with.
Speaker 6: How many deer can you shoot in Missouri with a deer? It's just a deer license, right? Or do you have a tag?
Speaker 5: I'm not familiar enough, but they have a reputation for some of the cheapest tags.
Speaker 2: I'm in Ohio. The cheapest one I could find was Pennsylvania right underd bucks. Yeah, like a couple of dollars over one hundred. Incredible, And that's too cheap. With a bunch of other stuff that's too cheap, I'd say, man, They're like, come on down.
Speaker 4: They have a million resident hunters. So I just don't it's like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're not looking at it like as a real source of red avenue because people are like, they're like buyer. Beware one last thing here if you're looking to get the best bang for your butt when heading out of state to hunt white tails, retoting Peterson's article how to find the best value in non resident white tail tags at the meat eater dot com. All right, that was question five. So now we have a scoreboard update, Phil. Yeah, I'm excited to see this. Cuncer seems to do pretty good. When I hope he does. I would call it suspicious, but I know he has not seen the all Right, still without a correct answer, we have Riva and Eric go and take it away on Oh sorry, that's fine. I don't care is drink.
Speaker 10: I mean from what I heard that that sounded great, better than what I do. Eric and Reva yet to make it on the board with zero points, coming up next to Roman and Cal with one point apiece. Our usual champs, Randall and Brody are tied up in Uh well, I remember I remember the Spencer where there was an argument I said, I would say tight up in second place. They're actually tied up in third place? Uh, and then in first place when they have two points apiece and in first place two points ahead of them is Spencer Newhart.
Speaker 8: The four points that was with Randal having a question written specifically for him.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 10: For a second, no, I got yelled at by someone online and I looked it up, like if you have someone in first place and then the next people that are down, you see.
Speaker 1: I think I think we're tied for second, but Roman and Call are tied for fourth.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 4: What do they do in the Olympics when someone ties?
Speaker 10: It's the way I just explained it. Hey, everyone filled the engineer here piping in before I get yelled at by strangers on the internet to say that, yes, as per usual, Randal Williams is right and I am, as they say, a big dumb idiot. Randall and Brody are tied up in second place. Then it skips a spot. Roman and Call are tied up in fourth. Just to clarify these very important details, now back to the show.
Speaker 2: I agree with Brody, Phil right, thank you all right? Bill, help me a little bit on this question, Phil, barely Question number six could also kind of fall into conservation, but it's a hunting question. Kiveot is the soft underwool of what animal? Randalls or conservation? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's the same category we've been in the whole time. Spencer, back off.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be a dead animal.
Speaker 8: It's actually textiles is the category the question?
Speaker 2: Again? Is kiveot spelled q I V I U T is the soft underwool of what animal? Spencer, do you have an answer?
Speaker 1: I do, great, Phil, How did you help with this one? Is it? Was it a phrasing issue?
Speaker 10: It was just like a way a weight now I would say I was gonna say no. It was a way to phrase the question, which would make it a phrasing issue anybody else.
Speaker 6: The feeling that Spencer is a little overconfident in this game, almost as if he was like, I need to proof your.
Speaker 5: What it feels like Bill funneled the answers, although I think Spencer has a very high win ratio because of the very few times that he's played.
Speaker 2: Looking to add to that, does everybody have an answer? Roman, go ahead and reveal your answers, Roman says Bison cow muskox Eric dahlsh Spencer slipped up Randall muskock, Spencer Bison, Reva sheep, Brody Muskox. The correct answer is muscot sitting right next to it, Spencer, Spencer.
Speaker 7: Spencer can actually smell the I've been trying to get Steve to harvest the kivot from that muskox hide since the day he shot it, because when we were on Nunivak to hunt that muskox, the guide had this like liner beanie made of kidiot And I've never put on anything softer.
Speaker 2: It's like cashmere on crack. I hope that's a good analogy. You've ever touched or had a cashmere sweater? Extremely soft and you're on crack, steroids, steroids. It's just extremely soft and literally it made your head like radiate with warmth when you put it on. And uh. I tried to buy it off the guide and he uh and he refused. I think I offered him like three hundred bucks. Yeah. Now listen, if you guys want to hear a longer story about buying hats on Nunivak Island, I'm happy to tell it right now, or we can move on. I'm not watching the clock.
Speaker 10: We're already past the average trivia length.
Speaker 2: On question.
Speaker 6: Was the great Millinery Trader of the.
Speaker 10: Noology to the listeners that extra ad break you heard earlier in the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was question six. Onto question seven, little pop culture for you suckers. What two thousand movie features Hubert the Bloodhound and his owner Harlan Pepper? What two thousand movie features Hubert the Bloodhound? Want this movie? Owner, Harlan Pepper? I was hoping we'd have a fan in the room. You'll be able to help me with the flavored text love?
Speaker 11: Is this a movie that would be reviewed in media Radio Live?
Speaker 5: Don't give a hint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's not answer that. Brody Randall's writing broke does not have an answer. Reva, no, nothing, No.
Speaker 6: It is a great show.
Speaker 2: It is a great great movie. Yeah, show movie. We just watched its great media. We just we just watched it this weekend with our kids.
Speaker 6: What the kids think they're into it?
Speaker 2: It's uh, well it's now.
Speaker 5: I don't think you'd watch this movie with your kids.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna talk to that point again. The question is what two thousand movie features Hubert the Bloodhound and his owner Harlan Pepper? Mmmm? Kids love dogs, especially bloodhounds, and they have a hound in the house. So prodi do you need more time?
Speaker 4: I have no idea what it is?
Speaker 2: All right, folks, reveal your answers. Roman still writing, Roman, not gonna give me an answer. Where the red fern grows col Best in Show, Eric Fox and the Hound Randall, Oh, brother, we're art that out, Spencer, Patriot Reva without an answer, Brody Green Mile, We do have a correct answer. It is best in show.
Speaker 5: Never heard of that.
Speaker 2: Oh you've seen it.
Speaker 6: Good, I've seen it. I wasn't even thinking that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we watched it with the kids. Everything is cool. Besides the sexual innuendos. Back in two thousand, like it, it just wasn't a thing that you couldn't do those kind of jokes, and so it's just constant, like you couldn't do comedy without just constant sexual innuendos. So that's a part of it. But the all the dogs and the characters amazing.
Speaker 6: Flick Well, the creator, his uh production company is called Pale Morning Done. He's a big fly fisherman comes you know, spends a bunch of time in Montana. So that was kind of like a thing in the fly Fishing Guiding World is like you're talking about Christopher Guests. Christopher Guest really had no idea. Well, don't you remember the scene where they're talking about he goes he meets with his crew because he's like the one southern guy on there, like the right he plays, Yes, he plays Harlan Pepper.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's he's it's the same crew that did this is spinal tap waiting for Guffman and I might win and.
Speaker 6: Waiting for Guffman's absolutely fantastic too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I don't see them. Treat yourself, okay, I will kid appropriate.
Speaker 6: Probably you're going to have the exact same experience.
Speaker 10: They're they're all they're all like writing the line between PG. Thirteen and R. I don't think any of them are like that that bad though. All right, well, Hubert Bloodhound, remember I sent you all right on the question eight.
Speaker 6: I've never liked Wimer Writers and best in Show.
Speaker 2: I was like, just a good example, why didn't you like them?
Speaker 6: They're just not a good dog? Go ahead and right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I had some good friends that had a couple of them, and they are just horrible dogs. Dumb, don't listen, aggressive, and weird way yeah, Like do.
Speaker 5: You know the premise best and show? I assume it's about a dog show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And but they just do this amazing job of taking these dogs and then making these owners slash trainers be like they are the dog kind of a thing, like whatever the dog is, so it is their owner handler. Yeah, and it's yeah.
Speaker 8: The only reason people own those dogs because that dude who uh featured them in like photos.
Speaker 2: Poker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all kinds of stupid shit. It's like a thing for like a.
Speaker 8: Period of years, like twenty twenty five year.
Speaker 2: Break Question number bond, Question number eight. You guys can decide what category what six letter term is aviation slang for the biological remains left behind after a bird strikes an aircraft, especially a turbine engine. The question is what six letter term is aviation slang for the biological remains left behind after a bird strikes an aircraft, especially a turbine engine.
Speaker 9: Got this one, Randall, No, I know that I have it in there somewhere and I'm never going to access it, So I just wrote something down.
Speaker 6: But you know the lady I'm talking about, she's like super famous now, which is like the way over the.
Speaker 2: Top Jennifer Coolidge.
Speaker 6: Jennifer cool Yes, yeah, she's in the Christopher Guest movie.
Speaker 10: Eugene Levy and Katherine her Hair, who are now super famous among young people because of Ship's Creek.
Speaker 2: They're they're in all those movies.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, and they're great.
Speaker 1: Great show, great show. Yeah, one for the kids. That's right, younger generation.
Speaker 5: Cal you were confident you know this?
Speaker 6: Yes, oh God, making a late late game run on Randy, right. I know it's getting tense now and typically kind of falls apart under pressure like this.
Speaker 2: It's going to be really this is question eight. How do you guys feel up to this point? For uh Mark good? Good? The level of questions, the difficulty too hard, too easy?
Speaker 6: I just the real relaxing flow in here right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, reveal your answers. It's time to hurry up. Romans says Snarge, cow Storge Eric without an answer, Randall says slop Spencer carry in Reva Sky killed. Brody says Jetsum. The correct answer is Snarge. Listen to The Meat Eater Podcast episode four hundred and seventeen, where we interview Megan Danen USDA Airport Wildlife Biologists about snarch and all the other crazy stuff she deals with in her job.
Speaker 6: I thought that was gonna be a gimme. I think I thought that word made it around the.
Speaker 2: Office, but it's been a while it didn't. Yeah, we didn't keep it in our Would lexicon be the term good job? Okay? That was question eight. So now we need a scoreboard update.
Speaker 10: Phil, Yeah, Cal is making a late game breakout here. We've still got Eric and Reva. What's zero points? Roman has two? Brody and randall tied up still with three points now, but Ryan Callahan has pulled ahead and is now tied with Spencer, who has not gotten a point in the last few questions. He still has four, and now Cal also has four.
Speaker 2: I kind of.
Speaker 6: Feel like I should be happy, but it's kind of sad watch and he's too crumble.
Speaker 2: Mentally.
Speaker 6: Just don't have it, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, On to question nine, A crescent shaped lake in an abandoned abandoned loop of river channel.
Speaker 5: Is called what this one?
Speaker 2: I think we have?
Speaker 1: We have had this one?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well you're gonna get it again. I missed that one. Getting it again. A crescent shaped lake in an abandoned loop of river channel is called what not a game change?
Speaker 4: You're you're honest.
Speaker 2: One two three, I don't know. Cals thinks you write an answer. Oh he's got an answer. Roman not writing, Reva also not writing. For those of you that are gonna have an answer, go ahead and flip your boards around. Cow Oxbow, Randall, Oxbow, Spencer, Oxbow, Lake Brody ox Bow. They are correct.
Speaker 11: Abandoned by what it gets cut off by.
Speaker 2: By the rest of the river. During our guiding days on the Eagle River, actually got to watch one be created. And I swear to you I was on the river the day that it started, and I floated through a chunk of cottonwoods that the river had never gone through. It was the wildest thing ever. That people are still like, where should we cast I'm like, you don't understand where we're supposed to be right now. We're floating through the forest as opposed to down the main river channel.
Speaker 1: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You think you were the first one through that, I mean first ten boats that ever went through there? For sure. Yeah it's pretty cool. And yeah, well that ox bow for a while held fish and then it happens with ox bows. They're cut off and no water coming in the water going out, and they slowly fill in and they get hot and no more fishies.
Speaker 5: Some of them will keep, I mean, if like it's a big enough river, become their own little fishery.
Speaker 2: But what I was reading is that eventually all of them will silt in and vegetation will grow in because if it does not have water fresh water coming in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there can be like you know, water coming up from underneath two. And in some of these systems it's like a reflection or it's the uppermost layer of the aquaferr type of deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, one more scoreboard update, Phil.
Speaker 10: Oh, yeah, sorry, I'm getting your I'm getting your tiebreaker question preps because I'm.
Speaker 5: All four ad breaks.
Speaker 2: Apologies.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, like Brody said, not exactly a game changer for the competition here. We still got Randall and Brody tied up with four. Now and Calan Spencer have five.
Speaker 2: All right, And if you're playing at home, you need to know the correct answers for number one. It was twenty four inches. Question two asat question three two, Question four data on previous engagements, Question five Oklahoma, Iowa, Ohio, Missouri, Question six, Muskox, Question seven Best in show question eight, Snarge, question nine, Ox Bowl Lake now question number ten, which, as we always do here, is fishing. I got a little laugh there. Bagnell Dam was built across the O Sage River to make this famous body of water. Bagnell Dam was built across the O Sage River to make this famous body of water. Randall riding brody, thinking, Spencer looking at the question again, col writing down an answer. Phil still trying to figure out where that noise is coming from. We're still getting cell phone stuff from somewhere. But you know it's might be Roman's coffee cup.
Speaker 4: Probably famous by what measure? Why is it famous?
Speaker 5: Don't say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I can tell you later.
Speaker 1: Am I well known?
Speaker 2: Well known? There you go to make this well known body of water?
Speaker 9: Don't say that? Just trying to avoid avoid some embarrassment.
Speaker 3: It's too late for that one. I'm gonna get bullied at work tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And now I really want to see it and do the Steve thing. Just put a line through it. No, do it, It's gone. Sorry, all right, one last time. Bagnell Dam was built across the Oa Sage River to make this well known body of water.
Speaker 1: You can say something else, but I know I liked it.
Speaker 2: Oh for uh yeah, yeah, say, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what say four?
Speaker 2: Don't say that one, but you can all right flip your boards. Rowan no answer col Lake of the Ozarks, Eric Canyon, Faerry Randall, Lake of the Ozarks, Spencer Lake of the Ozarks, Reva Lake of the Ozarks. Yeah on the board, wow, Sam Rayburn. The correct answer is Lake of the Ozarks. Bagnell Dam was completed in nineteen thirty one and is twenty five hundred feet long. Lake of the Ozarks is known for it's great fishing. March is the beginning of spoon bill season. These these prehistoric filter feeders gather in deep holes, making them much easier to target. Since they don't eat traditional lures, you gotta snag them. The largest spoon bill to come out of the Lake of Ozarks was snagged by Chad Williams of Oleitha, Kansas. It weighed one hundred and sixty four pounds thirteen ounces and is the current world records. That's a big old fish.
Speaker 6: Yeah, spoon bill is a geographical that's differentiator. It's like, we have spoon bill in Montana that are native to Montana. But if you said, yeah, I caught a spoon bill. People would be like, I don't know what you're talking about. Battlefish country up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interestingly, on all the websites I was looking at around Lake of the Ozarks there, they make a point to call out both terms all they do.
Speaker 5: Yep, so that you know, sometimes you'll hear a combo with spoon bill catfish. Well here, folks say that, Oh nice, do creole surveys that would come.
Speaker 2: Up like the great eating spoon bill.
Speaker 5: Is a it's not a catfish, but they would they would say it is. Though you were talking about like a small mouth pass right, spoon bill.
Speaker 8: Catfish's like regional vernacular.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was also reading like the fancy sonar has assisted the spoon bill guiding industry tremendously. Dude, damn.
Speaker 4: In Montana the paddlefish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, Phil, Where are we sitting at after that final question that someone us got right and some didn't, Well, gianness, that's going to bring us to.
Speaker 10: A tie breaking around because you got Ryan Callahan and Spencer Newhart tied up with six points piece.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna sit back.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm glad I could pitch a game where neither Randall nor Brody won. Okay, onto the tiebreakers, tyre last.
Speaker 10: I think just cut it at if you ain't first your laugh and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: I never liked it a Phil off Man, thanks for playing the drop phil my pleasure tiebreaker. How big in inches is the current archery white tail buck record in Wisconsin? I don't know wiscon and I would like you to answer with a with a fraction to an eighth? How big in inches is the current archery white tail buck record in Wisconsin? This is.
Speaker 8: Uh this typical or non typical?
Speaker 2: It was supposed to say typical. Oh sorry, sorry, but did you want the visual the visual accompaniment?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right. Hmm.
Speaker 8: You know that guy been a hell of a buck next year, he's only four and a half.
Speaker 1: Mismatched camo.
Speaker 8: I like to see it, Oh, let's see I like it when they got that blonde forehead though, cool looking, when they look like mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: And the question is that guy have small hands or big hands?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well there's a couple of deductions in there too.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: What's the what what do we gotta go to.
Speaker 2: To the and to an eighth?
Speaker 6: Mm hmmmm, got the main beams on that sucker.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I start to think these giants, I'm like, yeah, it doesn't look that big. But then when I compare it all to the buck's ear, then all of a sudden, I go, oh, yeah, that's right. That ear is probably and some hints six inches long. And now all of a sudden everything you start to gain some context.
Speaker 5: You can see this buck on the YouTube channel that Yannie is having a score. M hm, what year was this killed?
Speaker 2: I was killed?
Speaker 5: That looks like that looks like a two thousand and one picture, fourteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: WHOA?
Speaker 5: I like this guy.
Speaker 2: Vintage. He was doing vintage before vintage was cool. All right, So the two that are uh actually playing here are Cal and Spencer. Correct, So hold on for always everyone.
Speaker 5: He'll add an extra hundred dollars to the donation.
Speaker 2: Okay, so everybody revealed besides Cal and h Spencer Roman going too oh eight and zero eights, Eric going two thirty three three eights, Randall to twenty eight four eights, Reva to ten zero eights, Brody two o seven and three eighths. Now between Cal and Spencer, Cal says to nineteen and an eighth Spencer one ninety three and an eighth. We have a winner, of course we would, but the winner is within two inches, oh my goodness. And the number is one ninety one six eights making Spencer today's winner, Spencer wils was up two hundred. He took this book. His name is Adam Huff h u p f. The other Huff is h u h u f F. Well, I don't know how to pronounce this guy's last name exactly. Do it again, h opf h u PF.
Speaker 6: I just assumed like everything had to be over two hundred inches. It doesn't look like a two hundred plus inch buck, but I'm like, it just has to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well typical, hard to get there?
Speaker 6: Cool? Yeah, but what like Doug's big giant bucket at his place in Wisconsin?
Speaker 8: Is we just called that a fourteen with it?
Speaker 2: I think I want to say it's over two hundred inches? Isn't it the standard?
Speaker 1: That's what I thought, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's like it's for some reason it's not typical. Probably, Well, Spencer. As today's winter, you get to choose where the five hundred dollars donation will go.
Speaker 5: I'm going to donate to the North American Sturgeon and Paddlefish Society. It donated them the last few times. I really liked that organization that deserve more attention. Most people listening to this will probably never catch a sturgeon or a paddlefish, and that's okay. They're just an amazing fish. Hopefully like you, it just makes you happy knowing that they exist out there. And then we have some dinosaurs swimming around our rivers and this is the one conservation organization dedicated to them, My favorite animals in the world. Five hundred dollars going their way and they're right here in Bozeman spoon Bills.
Speaker 6: I'm really glad you could get this win.
Speaker 5: Spencer, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Spencer, well, thank you all for playing. Good job Spencer for winning, Phil thanks again for your great work as always. Thanks for everybody listening at home and watching at home also, and join us next week for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins and Randall's hosting.
Speaker 1: Thanks Giannis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 1: He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 6: It is an avid amateur
Speaker 1: Lockw