Speaker 1: Hey, I do part two.
Speaker 2: It's your celebrity mentor, Cheryl Burke, and I'm joined by our resident favorite real life single.
Speaker 1: Gal, Louise. Hey, Louise, nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Hi, nice to meet you. Still single, Cheryl, so happy to still have that.
Speaker 2: Title single unhappy? Hey, even though it's the beginning of the year. There is a lot happening, obviously in the celebrity divorce space, So let's dive into this. Tell me about yourself first, because I feel we are doing like headlines without really knowing you well.
Speaker 3: I think the point here is is nobody's immune from divorce, right, so.
Speaker 4: I too have divorced you too, you said nine years. It's kind of like a really popular.
Speaker 3: Club, and you know, even celebrities you know, experience it. And I think that's one of the things I always pay attention to, is no matter how beautiful, how amazing their life is, whether it's the trips that this that like, they are normal people who go home and deal with things that don't make them happy, or people do bad things to them. And I just think it's a universal theme. Relationships are challenging.
Speaker 2: Especially in the public eye, I think, because not only are you having to deal with the person you're involved with, but then you're dealing with everything else, the noise around you.
Speaker 1: So it is it is challenging.
Speaker 2: Though I'm not Nicole Kidman or anything like that, but I was kind of in a public.
Speaker 1: Divorce and that was very That was hard for me. It's hard for me. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I Ca'm not going to speak for my ex husband, but I'm sure it wasn't easy for him either. And you know, people are still talking about it and it's been over three years, and it's like it's so it just people like to focus I think, more on drama than the actual good parts.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I think it's salacious stuff, and I think it's interesting for people, and it's, you know, no different than somebody in your group of friends that gets caught, you know, sleeping with a pickle ball coach and all the book clubs and everyone talked about it.
Speaker 4: It's just people like to see people fall apart.
Speaker 2: All apart, Yeah, and then when they finally come out of it, they just like to tear them apart still, like it doesn't it just but that says more about the person tearing that person apart than it does.
Speaker 3: About I always have taught my children that the person who talks badly about somebody looks bad, not the one who's being talked about.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because they're triggered.
Speaker 2: And obviously whatever it is that's triggering them has nothing to do with you, And it's really none of our business what these people say about us, you know. I mean, it's easier said than done, but it really is obviously a trigger for that person, whatever it may be, whether they are wanting to be like you or there's they don't understand how you were able to come out of such darkness, you know, to where you are today, and maybe that's where they still are.
Speaker 1: You just never know.
Speaker 3: People a lot of times don't root for people, sadly.
Speaker 1: Especially women.
Speaker 2: Speaking of divorce, let's talk about Amy Schumer files for divorce from her husband, Chris Fisher after over seven years of marriage.
Speaker 1: Wow, have did you hear about this?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: And they have a little one, which is you know, just tough. Yeah, so that makes it hard when there's children.
Speaker 2: I guess she just filed for divorce on Tuesday, January sixth, and basically it was I guess a shock to some people, but within their inner circle, not so much. But it seems like it's amicable for the most part. She said that Chris and I have made the difficult decision to end our marriage after seven years. We love each other very much and will continue to focus on raising our son. We would appreciate people respecting our privacy at this time. I feel like everyone just says the same line every time they announced the divorce. But it is true, and no one's going to respect your privacy unfortunately. But I guess the source says it's close, it's a cohesive split, and they've just been finalizing a few things.
Speaker 3: Remember that phrase, the Gwyneth and the Chris. What is that conscious uncoupling? Yeah, of all the ones that we're going to talk about, this one actually does feel tonally like the one that might be the most benign and friendly.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well, what does that mean? Like, does that mean that they just both lost interest? Or like, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 3: I think sometimes people just over time they're just not aligned anymore, or they become more like friends, and maybe the passion goes away or one grows in a different direction than the other.
Speaker 4: But it's not like.
Speaker 3: Something bad happened, like there was infidelity or a massive drag addiction.
Speaker 4: It's just like our time, our chapter is done. We share this child. We're always going to be a part of each other's lives.
Speaker 3: But I feel like this is the most vanilla of the ones that we're going to talk about.
Speaker 1: I hope, So I hope that's right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just never know, right like, because something could trigger somebody, like if what if someone starts dating before that person, Like, it can get real ugly really fast. When you say, when you say that, maybe the passion dies down. See for me, it's kind of like what is like, what do you mean by the passion? Because it's like the honeymoon phase. Is the honeymoon phase we all go through. We all love that, right Like it's always the fun and we all do relationship and it does no, but it does, but it does. And it's then then that's when the dirty work comes in. And it's like, are you willing to put the dirty work in? Because if you're not, there is no uh for sure, your passion is never going to come back because you have to like reintroduce yourself to each other. Look, you guys, all we all as individuals, we evolve as humans, and it just has to it takes work.
Speaker 4: I almost think it's more than that because I.
Speaker 3: Think it's so important that the two people and the couple are actually best friends, right because at the end of the day, you know, the butterflies go away, things change in the relationship. But if you're still friends and you still can laugh, then you have the you could potentially go the long haul.
Speaker 4: I think for me, my ex husband and I were just not best friends.
Speaker 2: Do you mean that there was no communication, because like, what is best friends? Like what does that entail? Right?
Speaker 1: In entail's honesty, transparency.
Speaker 4: It's your vault.
Speaker 3: I think it's the person that you're comfortable, you know, being next to on a park bench looking at the birds quietly. But it's also the person that you're laughing hysterically with and excited to see when you come home. But what when two people basically are living under the same roof and there's zero communication, connectivity, interest, and you're just coexisting like roommates like roommates, and then it's done. But the interesting thing is when you just meet somebody and it's kind of like the falling in love.
Speaker 4: Which is the lush, right, But.
Speaker 3: Then loving somebody is totally different, right, And you know, I don't know about you. I'm in my mid fifties, and I find that I'm trying really hard when I go on a date to basically stick it out, to go out a few more times if I don't have the butterflies. Because the truth is I used to sit on a date and be like at point A and.
Speaker 4: Be like, oh, is this my person? Could I see my life for them?
Speaker 3: Now what I do is I sit there and say is this person interesting enough to talk to? Does he have right good moral compass that I opened going on a second time and then a third time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the whole butterfly thing, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's very high school maybe in a way. But it's almost like those those movies that we see are so toxic, those love stories, those rom coms, freaking what's it called the Notebook? Like, first of all, there's nothing romantic about a guy stalking you, Like does he straight up stock? Ryan Gosling is stalking her? And we're like, oh, we want someone to do that with us.
Speaker 1: It's like, what this is like the wrong message?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: But sometimes though you say to yourself like, well, am I just fitting a square peg into a round hole.
Speaker 4: Like it's so confusing.
Speaker 1: Now, is it confusing? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm all confused on it.
Speaker 2: I think we think, I think socially right, there's so many so societal expectations when it comes to Like, for me, I'm forty one, and you know, people are like, aren't you so lonely? I'm like, no, I'm actually loving my life living alone, and I enjoy it almost too much.
Speaker 1: I don't have drama, you know.
Speaker 2: I have had an interesting past of relationships where it just followed the same toxic pattern that.
Speaker 1: I was just not a great picker.
Speaker 2: I think that people expect someone like any woman in their forties to have already have had children that have been married, and like, then if not, then oh my god, she's not well there's something wrong with her, you know. And I think that's why it's so confusing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But at the same time, also it's it's kind of like, I don't know about you, but I would say eighty percent of my closest friends are all divorced or never been married, and we're in our mid fifties.
Speaker 4: So I think that the difference.
Speaker 2: Now, are you happy being single or do you feel like you need to have somebody in your life it's interesting.
Speaker 3: So I don't need to have somebody in my life because I have, you know, a lot of friends. I have a big career, I have a lot in my in my day that's fulfilling. I'm also very happy to be home reading a book or going on a walk.
Speaker 4: So unless it speaks to me, I don't.
Speaker 3: Need my bills paid, you know what I'm saying. So unless it like speaks to me in my heart, so I don't need it. Would I like somebody.
Speaker 1: That you a companion?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that I really like, right, because I go out with a lot of people that's just not totally right. And then you throw on a person's attachment wounds and then the it comes and then there it's you get it right. It's kind of like anxious attachment avoidant attachment.
Speaker 2: Actually, if I was into girls, then I would totally be attracted to.
Speaker 3: Well, anxious people love me, you know what I'm saying. I mean, it's like, and here's what happens. The more they come at me, the more I feel like this, and the more I feel like this, the more they come at me, and it's having me, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Almost inevitable that anxious and anxious and what are you avoidant always marry each other always. It's just unless you're secure attachment, which is very rare, especially in the Los Angeles area.
Speaker 3: I would assume I don't know many people secure attachment because I think we all have stuff in our cuff or in our cup as life goes on, and I think ultimately people just trigger each other differently, and it's really that do our wounds line up and exactly?
Speaker 2: And also you can still change your attachment if you want to, just saying we're not like stuck to this one attachment to the rest of our lives, Okay. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban finalized divorce. Settlement details revealed so three months after Nicole filed for divorce from Keith, the former couple of finalized the breakup in documents obtained by a News January sixth, Come what may, Nicole and Keith will always be there for each other till the end of time. Three months after the mullin Ridge actress filed to legally end her nineteen year marriage to the Somebody Like You singer, the former couples officially finalized their divorce according to legal documents, so basically all in all, I mean, I don't think this is as amical as it may sound, or I would think he's definitely moved on, right, I mean from what I saw. Again, I don't don't believe everything you read. I don't you know, I am, I know that, but there, I think it's it happened quickly for us, not necessarily. We don't know what happened in their world. She seemed very much in love with him.
Speaker 4: It feels like either side.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was her decision put it that way.
Speaker 3: And her daughters were they mad too about something I had read.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They're also grown enough.
Speaker 2: They're seventeen and fourteen, Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret Right, they're old enough to know what the hell's going on. And I come from a divorce family. My parents got divorce when I was too. I think it's so much easier when you're not as you know, you're not able to really put two and two together at that moment than to be teenagers going through and seeing your parents.
Speaker 1: I would only.
Speaker 4: Assume it was eighteen. It was awful. I remember all of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's very very Yeah. I mean, my first memory I remember was my dad with another woman at two years old. But again I wouldn't I don't know if it would have affected me. I think it would have affected me more if I was older. Maybe I don't know either way.
Speaker 3: And it's also hard when you worry about a parent and not the other one. And so what I've read with this and again not everything is true. But whether it's smoke, maybe there's fire in this case, I don't know in this one because that girl and the band or the singer, and then you see this thing with the daughters Matt, I don't know, seems something there. I don't think this is as calm and friendly as the first one.
Speaker 1: As Amy Schumer, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: This one's a little more chocolate than vanilla.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if they're going to be like the next headline with Kyle and you know, Maricio spending Christmases together and Holidays together. You know, I'm not sure they're ever going to get there as far as I'm concerned. But you know, I think I don't know from what I saw outsider Big Time. Don't know them personally, but like it seemed to me that Nicole was head over heels even was willing to deal with his alcoholism, you know, and I get I'm an addict and that if you let it take over, and if you don't, you know, want to do the steps to be sober and get better, it will take you there.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, it's dark, but.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he was there supporting him and and very devoted.
Speaker 2: And it's hard, very sad. It's really sad, and it's sad for the K's. What do you think of this settlement though? In particular, I.
Speaker 3: Guess well, I feel like we all found out about it later. I think it had probably been going on for a while, because it just seems like it's not stamp pretty quickly. I mean, I think mine took six months right before that stamp came. I don't know, what do you mean, stamp like the divorce settlement stamp like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, mine took six months at least.
Speaker 4: Right, But this one I feel like was quicker.
Speaker 1: For some reason.
Speaker 2: So the document states each party indicates that he or she does not want to proceed with formal discovery, including completing interrogations, in requests for production of documents or discovery depositions that are designed to discover assets and debts.
Speaker 1: So they are going to split everything. I guess is that what it is.
Speaker 4: I think that they just don't want to go through the whole thing with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with having all their books open and all the skeletons taken out of the closet.
Speaker 1: They didn't have a prenapp obviously because.
Speaker 3: They settled or they settled quietly something just to have stuff not come out in the public.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because when you have a prenup, I mean I had a prenup. Everything was quite simple. There was really there was no I mean there was nothing. It was written prior to our marriage, right like what you know, whatever it was, It's like, it was quite None of this was like I didn't even.
Speaker 3: Feel like maybe there was an understanding like what's hers is hers, what's his is his? And so therefore it was easy to buifurkid or whatever the word is on that front. But they had to have some sort of agreement because they were both uber successful when they met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I don't think yeah exactly, and they're both going to be fine without each other. They both can support their own lives and the children's lives.
Speaker 1: I would assume comfortably. We would think, now you never know, you never know. We don't know.
Speaker 4: That one was a surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was big time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was definitely surprised.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know he was an alcoholic. I had no idea that was kept quiet. I know. That's a scary part. That's scary.
Speaker 2: And I have to say, when I was drinking, no one knew either because I was functioning.
Speaker 1: So it is scary.
Speaker 4: And she probably kept it really quiet too.
Speaker 3: And so I just like a family, a family secret or just in our circle.
Speaker 2: And imagine like just the feelings of shame and guilt and god, it's like dark, it's dark.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: But sad for those girls because at fourteen and seventeen, they're still in the house, but yet they want to live their life, meaning they're starting probably with you know, all the teen girls stuff, and also to worry about their whole family foundation, fowing magazines, worrying about.
Speaker 4: Their mom or dad maybe fall I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's a lot for girl. I mean, to deal with a stepmom.
Speaker 4: Oh, sounds like you had a few of those.
Speaker 2: No, I had not mom, No, I mean technic my dad was This is a long, long story. Short, he followed his past pussy and went to Thailand open strip clubs. He was a very successful lawyer in the bar area, and so I had a bunch of stepmoms probably, but we won't go there.
Speaker 1: Rest and pacey. Then okay, got it.
Speaker 4: You turned out. That's all good.
Speaker 2: So thanks therapy though for the rest of my life, and I'm proud of it. Kyle Richards and estranged husband Mauricio Umansky or Umanski stand after spending holidays together. So basically they spent it sounds like Christmas and New Year's together. They seemed very lovey dovey when they went to what's her name's Uh there some party in Aspen. Hey, Hudson, the Hudson's Party. Yes, and Aspen. They were all over each other supposedly, but supposedly the people in there inner circles say, there's no chance that they're going to reconcile.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts with this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, Like I always kind of liked them together, Like, yeah, I kind of.
Speaker 2: Losing the passion. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with them.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Like I kind of don't think so I'll still feel an energy sometimes when I look at them together, and they I kind of feel.
Speaker 3: Like if any of the couples were talking about could have a potential reconciliation, it would be them, because I think they were happy for a long time or so it looked, and they were married a long time.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like I do.
Speaker 3: I have seen couples get divorced and then I have friends that literally got divorced and are dating again, like.
Speaker 1: They're dating their ex husband. Yes, I was, Oh my god, that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: So I actually think that's I don't know, like, I don't know if that's a function of like, Okay, we've been out there, we've seen what else is out there?
Speaker 4: Like the devil I.
Speaker 3: Know was better than the devil I didn't know, and we still the good things that were in a relationship still exist, right, and we have this life together.
Speaker 4: So then why not do it again?
Speaker 3: Or maybe they've been alone for so long that like they do want a companion or something.
Speaker 1: He has not been alone.
Speaker 4: No, I know him.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying in general, the people that I've seen, oh, you know that get back together. I don't know, No, he I mean.
Speaker 2: I think I think, honestly, you're right, though, when it comes to when you you know, you never know what you have until you actually lose that person. And sometimes you just need a little space to bring the heat back. It's just the way it is, you know, some space and grace and maybe dating again is what makes them, you know, have that spark. But let's just commend them for this is talk about like an actual divorce in front of their kids, where everything's amicable. They never talked bad about each other, especially you know, for him when he kind of rose to fame when he did.
Speaker 4: Especially divorced. Yet I think they're just separated.
Speaker 2: No, they're just I think they still live together right under the same roof. I believe that's what I read. I don't know if that's true. There's no way that's true.
Speaker 3: Maybe they do that nesting thing. I think, is there one or two kids at home?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there's a reason why they're not divorced. I wonder if it's just ugly. It would get kind of complicated.
Speaker 3: I think some people at this point they figure over with the money situation and the kind of unraveling of the estate, like why not still legally stay married? But you know, I need separate lives I have seen it before with tons of my friends that they just don't break up the estate. They still have one shared account, they file joint tax return and they just live separate lives.
Speaker 4: But they're more and it works.
Speaker 2: My mother kept my father's last name still and she remarried, you know, and it's like, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I mean, you think she created a business.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to the Ratio and Kyle, they had no money when they started, when they were together, and now.
Speaker 4: They don't have They probably don't have a prenap because at that.
Speaker 1: Age, yeah, what are they protecting?
Speaker 4: But you know what's really.
Speaker 3: Interesting what I'm hearing now is that a lot of parents are having their children now sign prenaps even when there's no money and no careers.
Speaker 1: Just a lot of their parents say that again.
Speaker 3: So the theme right now now and so I have children that are in their mid mid upper twenties, and the theme now for all of these kids is when they're getting married, they're signing prenups even though there's no money yet.
Speaker 4: It's an anticipation of it.
Speaker 3: So god forbid the marriage goes south, they already have a deal in place.
Speaker 4: Isn't that smart?
Speaker 1: So smart. I thought that for sure.
Speaker 2: This next generation too, they just didn't believe in marriage for the most part. So I was like, God, you guys, Yeah, I'm a millennial, so like I think, you know, we got kind of stuck in the trauma of our generational job of our parents.
Speaker 3: The marriage thing is interesting though for my general I don't know. Am I I think maybe? Am I a different generation?
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I mean, what hell do you mid fifties? I think I'm a different.
Speaker 2: Generation maybe, And if you're not, then yeah, oh I'm jenax, Oh you're.
Speaker 4: I just look up.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting because I get asked this question a lot is would you ever get remarried again? And when I first got divorced, I was like, no, why would.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to share money at kids. I'm just going to do my thing.
Speaker 3: But we could date, have a companionac to wear it ring like a But totally I've gotten older and as I think I would get remarried now more for the concept of somebody being able to pull the plug on me.
Speaker 4: God forbid, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Can't you have your parents do that? Or your kids? Sorry, your kids.
Speaker 4: That's a hard thing for a kid to do. I don't know totally.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying my black and white, it's just.
Speaker 1: A contract, right, like it's a contract.
Speaker 2: I mean you can also do your estate plan as well, and you can make those decisions that way.
Speaker 3: But they it's interesting because the second marriages, and there's a higher percentage chance of a second marriage entering in divorce in a first because oh really yeah, once a person has gotten divorced once and survived it, they say, oh, it's not that hard, so it's just easier throw in the towels second time if you've already thrown in the towel.
Speaker 4: So you see that a lot more.
Speaker 3: I just one of my very best friends whose second marriage was seventeen years.
Speaker 4: She just got divorced.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so it's I mean, you look at most first marriages are fifty percent.
Speaker 4: I think second marriages are like seventy percent. It's not sad.
Speaker 1: Well I thought would be the other way around.
Speaker 2: I mean, as far as I'm concerned, I don't pair either way really, but I'm not as it. Like before, when I first got married, I was like, yes, I need to get married. It was more, it was more about me getting married than kids. Ever, like my whole life it was like that, Like I never really dreamed of having kids as much as my marriage.
Speaker 1: Now that I got that out of the way, we're good.
Speaker 3: But one last thing and then we can move on to the next thing. Every time I tell my children somebody we know is getting divorced or friends of ours, they look at me and they go, so, doesn't everybody get divorced. It's like, no, they're so sad, so jaded because they look around at like I'm divorced, my brother's divorced, my parents are divorced, my ex husband's they are divorce.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just everywhere they turned sad. I know, so moving on to another divorce, moving on to another divorce.
Speaker 2: But I really like, I don't know her, but she seems really genuine. Jennifer Gardner makes rare comments about her hard divorce from Ben Affleck.
Speaker 1: Am I seeing things? Maybe maybe you can.
Speaker 2: Confirm or not, But did Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck just like get seen out together like canoodling versus old footage?
Speaker 3: I read that also. I was kind of hoping he and Jennifer Garner would get I.
Speaker 1: Mean they were.
Speaker 2: There's no way Jennifer Gardner would never do that to herself. She's like, she's very I say, as brounded as you can be, as you can be in this business. Right, she seems to be. She seems to be very genuine and authentic. Don't know her, don't know, but she does seem a little too good for him.
Speaker 4: The son, I don't know, Well, good girls like good girls like that, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think, but I don't think she's like that.
Speaker 3: I don't think she got She's not going to go back to it now. If he and Jennifer go back to the rodeo for a third time.
Speaker 1: They are they just they were just seen together. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's just toxic. And they both have to know that going into it.
Speaker 1: I don't think they.
Speaker 2: Do, and that's why they keep going back to it. It's like, you, guys, you're an ex for a reason.
Speaker 1: Period. I married an ex.
Speaker 3: It's like once something already has had this seal broken, it's it's still kind of existing.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, it's the same person.
Speaker 2: Like we evolved, but we don't really we don't really change.
Speaker 4: No, people do not change.
Speaker 1: Not true, Not true.
Speaker 2: Only if you're aware, if you're very much aware and like present as much as possible, and you take accountability.
Speaker 1: You can change. I change. I'm anarcoholic.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think people can act, but I think sometimes that default behavior will rear its head again in the heat of a yes, but in a conscious moment where you can stop and pause and react differently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've made tense evolved.
Speaker 2: If you are willing to like like take the whole thing, it has to be the whole thing. It's a whole package. You have to know that you're not perfect and you're not a narcissist. If that, if you can do that.
Speaker 3: And you're actively doing work on yourself all the time, and so you're it's really about pausing and not reacting and trying to look at somebody else landing instead of and looking at somebody else's lens and just yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Always know that your work in progress. Everybody is. I don't give who you are.
Speaker 1: Nobody's in the language.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Gardner, so if she's giving rare insight into her separation. She spoke to Mary Claire UK about life now in the upcoming second season of her TV show on Apple TV. She says, you have to be smart about what you can and can't handle. And I could not handle what was out there. But what was out there, she said, was not what was hard. The fact of it is what was hard, she says. It's the actual breaking up of a family is what was hard. Losing a true partnership and friendship is what was hard, she said. And she says, I make a big, consorted effort to see my people as much as I can. She was basically asked, you know how she was able to handle all of this, and she saw community and she thinks that that's where your resilience is. It's in your relationships and in the people who carry you through. Can you relate to what Jen said about divorce.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent?
Speaker 3: So it's really easy to be there for people in the good times, right when.
Speaker 4: It's parties and cocktails and trips and this.
Speaker 3: That you learn who your people are when your chips are down and yep, and you really do.
Speaker 4: And as much as it's hard to.
Speaker 3: Whittle it down, quality not quantity matter so much more when you get to that place, right And so when you.
Speaker 4: Go through a divorce, you learn who.
Speaker 3: Your friends are and right, and I'm super grateful for my tribe.
Speaker 4: But getting divorce is hard. My kids were young.
Speaker 3: Nothing salacious happened in our divorce.
Speaker 4: We just were not a good fit. But our kids were young.
Speaker 1: Helen, Were you married for fourteen years? Wow?
Speaker 4: And we are best friends?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, now you are. That's great.
Speaker 4: No, we we had when we first got divorced.
Speaker 3: Our child had some medical stuff, so we had to stay united on that front. And what I learned in our divorce is the best things of him still exist and the best things of me still exist, and we really appreciate that. And as co parents, we were locked and loaded on that and it was just great, right. And actually we enjoy each other. I mean we talk all the time.
Speaker 1: Is there any like?
Speaker 3: No, I love his fiance, I love her kids. Like we are like one big, modern, happy family. And I'm very grateful that I married him and that he's the.
Speaker 1: Father of my children.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's nice of you to say, genuinely, that's so great. How long How long did that take to get there? From your divorce?
Speaker 3: Look, when you're first getting divorced and you're just kind of unraveling everything, it's it takes a minute to recalibrate. Years was pretty easy, Like within like a year or two. But I would say we really became friends, like in the last couple of years, like really friends. Like I was going to get a mammogram and was like, do you.
Speaker 4: Need a ride? I was like, oh no, no, ma, like genuinely friends.
Speaker 3: And he had had some surgery and his fiance wasn't in town and so.
Speaker 4: I picked him up. I mean, it's more like we're brother and sister.
Speaker 1: How's the fiance handling that, Oh, we love each other?
Speaker 4: Because let me chage that.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: He hasn't he didn't change, I mean he makes change. Similar. No, we just sit there.
Speaker 3: I look at her and I'm like, like, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: But she's so great.
Speaker 4: She's rad.
Speaker 3: But guess what age appropriate has an amazing job, which means she has her own money, has her own children. She's like a best case scenario. It's not like the guy who dates.
Speaker 1: It's not like underage. Yeah, it's the young girl or your daughter's best friend.
Speaker 3: Right, or is like a total gold digger or whatever it is. So it's kind of like winning, right.
Speaker 1: Right, you respect her, ultimately respect her.
Speaker 4: I want to be her best friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And how are your kids? Handling it.
Speaker 4: Oh, they they haven't pay They love it. They think it's great.
Speaker 3: Initially when you guys divorced it, they were now I mean they were, they were, they were young.
Speaker 4: I think for them it was yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I think they were, you know, second and fourth grade. So it's hard. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 2: Thanks for sharing. Let's move on to Tom Brady, shall we. Tom Brady shares cryptic posts. I think people need to literally start looking into their lives and not Tom Brady's. After spending time with Alex Earl on New Year's Eve, Okay.
Speaker 4: I want to be Alex Earl.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, first of all, who can. They're both of age one two, they can do whatever the hell they want.
Speaker 2: I think the single, single and thought and if they want to have a one night stand or ten night stan, so be it.
Speaker 4: And we all I want to read about.
Speaker 3: I mean, I watched her on TikTok in college, like he's obviously do.
Speaker 1: You watch her on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: I actually did not watch it on her on Dancing House.
Speaker 1: But one I like her and I do too.
Speaker 4: She's she's relatable for me. I don't know, I just yeah, she's cool, and I think the two of them together is cute and fun. And whether I don't think I'll go at the distance, maybe it will.
Speaker 1: But it kind of I mean, yeah, even if she how old is she?
Speaker 2: She's watched two twenty four and and he is, it doesn't matter. But at the end of the day, it's not like they are having a quiet affair, Like, yes, there was flirting happening, but like, oh well now. The only weird thing though, is that, uh, I can see why the other party meeting her ex, who's also a football player they had just broken up.
Speaker 4: It was a little close. It was a little it.
Speaker 2: Was a little close, but it was also like in the same in the same field, you know, I can see how that kind of irks people, right.
Speaker 3: I mean it's also because he also has an eighteen year old child, so it's kind of like.
Speaker 4: Oh, how old is how old is he?
Speaker 1: How old is he?
Speaker 2: He is, Like he's got to be in his late forties, right, yeah, So but I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, maybe maybe his eighteen year old son thought it was like do a dad, go for it.
Speaker 1: He's probably a fan of Alex Yeah he's forty then.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, it was like a twenty three year different what's big ague?
Speaker 1: Who was downing?
Speaker 4: You know what? Hey?
Speaker 3: I mean she's dating one of the biggest, most important football I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't see it getting so serious. I don't know, I mean, like who but who care?
Speaker 1: People are still talking about it.
Speaker 2: They may not even be talking to each other anymore at this point, you know what I mean, And there.
Speaker 4: Will be a new headline that comes out, right.
Speaker 2: But if they're still talking to people are still talking about it.
Speaker 3: Well, there's some cryptic posts, right, I mean, we're toxic.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, like, okay, so what are the something you want to read them are?
Speaker 1: What? What's one of them?
Speaker 3: Didn't his ex wife just get remarried, she's get she's about to I think No, she got remarried, has a she's pregnant, or she had a baby Zell Gazelle.
Speaker 2: So one of the posts said people are not beautiful from So this is from Tom Brady. People are not beautiful. This is on January first, for how they look or speak. They're beautiful for how they love, care and treat others. Okay, great, I mean that's not cryptic. Okay, Okay, thanks for your message.
Speaker 3: Right, But he's reposting it. But where is it directed to? Who's it directed at?
Speaker 1: But what type of cryptic? What are they? People are reading way too into this.
Speaker 5: Sorry, guys, I gotta jump in here. I just don't want you getting flamed in the comments. Posting this on January first, which is when they are going viral for being together on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: They were not they were it was a sling. It wouldn't mean together totally.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying she's rubbing his back. They're holding hands like it's not Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: That's right. She wants that attention. I'd be rubbing his back too if I were her.
Speaker 5: Heca X got married a month ago. All I'm saying is, it's not like, why are people drawing attention, It's because he's literally posting this the day after he's going viral.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he always post stuff like this?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't follow the dude.
Speaker 3: It sounds like he's probably trying to like be in a situation like this because he's priced a little stung that his ex wife is remarried with the baby.
Speaker 1: You guys, this is he's a motivational speaker.
Speaker 2: Now like this is what he So Tom Brady is very much well respected right as an athlete, and he still is to this day, and he is definitely out there doing motivational speeches and he's trying to get into that whole world. This guy posts stuff like this all the time. There's like if there's no cryptic, it's also January first. You need to be if you're going to get into this world of like, you know, being somebody that people look up to. That is absolutely normal to repost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a like Tony Robbins makes a comment like that has some depth and texture and gets people talking and thinking. So you are right, he's trying to reimagine a new career for himself and he's going to go this route. So therefore start talking about like, you know, the different things like.
Speaker 2: Yes, we all have millions of people look rejection as redirection or.
Speaker 3: You know, saying there's all these things like you know, butterflies, they just.
Speaker 1: Come out of nowhere, Like come on, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This is not like some random rapper all of a sudden, you know, wanting to be about talking about mental health. Like no, this guy is it fits put it that way if the shoot because.
Speaker 3: He's a leader and people will respect and listen him. So he is somebody who could take a platform like that and make an impact with people.
Speaker 1: And then here's another one and says a winner is a loser.
Speaker 2: A quote was followed by another repost of a graphics featuring ninety nine x's, followed by one check mark that proclaimed that a winner is a loser who tried one more time again.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing. It's just a motivational thing.
Speaker 3: You can go onto my Instagram folders. I have so many quotations and meditations that I manifestation things that I save all the time.
Speaker 1: Especially on threads.
Speaker 2: I do it all the time, like come on now, boo. People need to like literally chill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're bored.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: It was really nice to chat with you, and.
Speaker 1: Thanks for opening up.
Speaker 3: Happy Oh no you too, of course, Happy New Year to you, and I hope you need to see you soon or talk.
Speaker 4: To you soon.
Speaker 1: Visit I would a visit.
Speaker 2: One things for sure, there is never going to be a shortage of divorce headlines in the news unfortunately. Are you needing advice at navigating your chapter two, call us or email us. All the info is in the show notes. Follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast. I do Part two in iHeartRadio podcasts, where falling in love is the main objective.