Speaker 1: Football, Football, Football playbook, playbook, playbook. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Get after it. Nightclubs, going out trying to pick up girls.
Speaker 2: Hey, that will come. Just do what you gotta do to make the team.
Speaker 3: Because the better you do on the field, all the other stuff comes exactly. The better you are as a player and the better your team does, you're going to put you in different circles. You probably get hot our chicks too.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding ding ding. That was a knockout right there. Jules hit it right on the money.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes.
Speaker 3: I'm Julianette, I'm Rob Gronkowski, and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 1: That's right, and this is our draft recap show.
Speaker 4: Who are we talking about today? Gronk?
Speaker 1: The Patriots new offensive tackle that they got fourth overall in the draft, Will Campbell.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see him get that old line going.
Speaker 2: That's the tackle that you want.
Speaker 4: And which teams had? Our favorite draft?
Speaker 1: I truly believe they had probably the best draft in the NFL for what they needed. I liked the Giants draft, and I give tips on how to be a great tight end and repetition after repetition so he gets the feel of where he should be out with the quarterback. And then we wrap it up by hitting the chill line for the Chillist Dude of the Week.
Speaker 4: You gotta stick around to the end. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Dudes on. Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: What's going on? Robbie?
Speaker 2: Hey, Jules, how you doing, buddy?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good. I see that you have a little color. I have a little color. We both have little color. It is springtime over here in Los Angeles. The flowers are starting to bloom, the leaves are starting to come over there.
Speaker 4: And where are you, Tampa?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm in Tampa right now.
Speaker 4: How are those trees?
Speaker 1: The palm trees are always popping. The palm trees are always blossoming all over the place, especially in my backyard. I just have a wonderful backyard full of like one hundred palm trees. It's like paradise back there. I love it so much. And I can get color at any time of the year here. It's so beautiful. I love it, Jules. I love the sun. I'm a sun warrior for life. Welcome to the Sun edition today because we're both tanned.
Speaker 3: Baby, we're both sun kissed. If isn't that what the kids say, your son kissed? Well, yeah, out here spring is coming. Ripped up my hands from gardening, spent five hours clipping these goddamn agave plants with no gloves and learned that I should probably put gloves on if I'm clipping those. So I'm excited. It's a happy time of the year. You were in Vegas for Easter Slash w W E WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: How the hell was Gronk Beach.
Speaker 1: Gronk Beach was popping this year. I actually couldn't do Gronk Beach at the Super Bowl because it would have been just too much on my play. Obviously, Fox had the game. I was, you know, doing the pregame show, halftime, postgame, and a ton of other extracurlic extra How you say that word extra curricular extracurricular extracurricular curriculum jewels.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a tough word.
Speaker 3: If you're getting if you're getting word advice from me, We're gonna have a day.
Speaker 2: Yes we are.
Speaker 1: Yes, we share our jewels, but we always have a day together. And that's why we do dudes on dudes because we're always there to help each other out, and we're always there to pick each other up and have a wonderful day at the same time, no matter what the obstacles are, and uh, all that stuff going on at the Super Bowl, Gronk Beach would have been just too much to handle. So I moved Gronk Beach to WrestleMania this year, and man, what a bright idea. Was what a turnout that we had WrestleMania fans. They're delightful, Their passion is just to a whole other level. The energy that they bring. You know, I love it. You know it fits my suit, fits who I am. And Grunk Beach was absolutely popping. Even though I was about to fall asleep before the party started because I usually go to bed at ten am Eastern every night. The party didn't start till eleven pm West Coast time, so that was about twelve.
Speaker 3: And to let Jesus resurrect or something, right, to let them the Easter egg hunts, Jesus resurrect, and then all that settled and the grunk Beach.
Speaker 2: Started exactly what we did.
Speaker 1: I was actually an honorary Jew for the weekend too, because we threw.
Speaker 2: Gronk Beach on you know, on Easter.
Speaker 1: So the guys that throw the party and organize it, they're actually Jewish, so they made me an honorary jew for just throwing grink Beach on the day that Jesus, you know, resurrected. So I appreciate you guys looking out for me, and but we let him resurrect and then we threw Gronk Beach baby, because that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: And the people loved it. The people loved it.
Speaker 3: Heh yeah, I mean people like that is when you entered the NFL. That was the first thing I thought of. I was like, WWE character Rob. This guy, he's got a name. He's got a name. He's like Share. Everyone just calls him Gronk. He's got one name. He's fucking larger than life. He's dancing to l m f ao. This guy is a WWE character, and it's only suiting that you have Grunk Beach at WrestleMania on Easter in Vegas. I'm sorry I couldn't make it. It was tough, uh. I think I was coming back from Tahoe. I went to Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 1: It's all good juels. It's tough to make everything. I don't, you know, make every single party. I can't make all your events as well, and you actually run yourself down and you get tired of trying to make every party in every event. So totally understandable, totally acceptable. You can just show up to the next gronk beach. But my question is, how was Lake Tahoe? Since you were there over the weekend, how was that experience?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: I went to Lake Tahoe, and I grew up going to Lake Tahoe as a kid, probably like once, maybe twice a year if it was a good year. Pretty expensive back then, still expensive, and I forgot how beautiful that freaking place is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It was like unreal. It was seventy degrees, so there was still snow. We went to Diamond Peak and then we went for one day, which was a place I used to go to when I was a child, and it was awesome having my dad skiing with my daughter, My brother was there, my niece was there. It was just some great family time. Got to snowboard, went sledding a day. But then we also it was seventy degrees at the lake level, so we were riding bikes during the day around this beautiful crystal clear lake that I forgot.
Speaker 4: How beautiful that place.
Speaker 3: I mean, it smells great, The pines are everywhere, the stars glisten like there fricking lights right above your face.
Speaker 4: It was just such a cool place.
Speaker 3: Went to some local burger joints, had some good dinners, my mom cooked, my dad cooked. It was just a great getaway, you know, And I forgot. I mean, Tahoe is just so damn beautiful. It is a cool place. All those mountain places are just you're like reminded, like how beautiful everything in nature is. Like when you go to Montana and you're driving and you see that, like that beautiful site, and you're in Lake Tahoe. You see the mountain around this lake, and like, I loved it. I had a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, that's great to hear about Lake Tahope. I want to hear about your golf game now, Jules. How's your golf game been? Have you been driving the ball along?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm hit or miss? Why are you asking? Rob?
Speaker 1: You know, I saw you take some hats over the weekend, and I just love your form. It just has so much power behind it. And the way that you hit the ball, it's a heck of a shot. You belong basically on the PGA tour. If you can control that, you know, drive every single time.
Speaker 3: I can't get it in the slot every time according to Max Homa.
Speaker 2: But just overall the.
Speaker 1: Way that you were driving, I mean, the ball was like screaming coming off that driver. It was like watching Happy Gilmour the movie and just seeing the shots.
Speaker 2: Where the ball would just room.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a rocket just frooming into the air, you know, but it's not like the Blooper drives. It's the one that's just screaming and just elevating at a consistent pace. Not a rocket, but like an airplane taking off at full power, like jet taking off. And that's the type of swing and power that you have behind your drive jewels, and I loved watching it.
Speaker 2: It's entertaining.
Speaker 3: Now in a drive competition, I just got a question. If you have three balls, okay, would you rather have three balls right.
Speaker 4: Down the middle at like two and eighty yards.
Speaker 3: And the competition is to drive it as far as you can against other humans or are you gonna fucking just let it rip every single time? And hope one of those jokers gets down the middle, because if it does, it's gonna be screaming.
Speaker 4: Which one would you do?
Speaker 1: Well, if it's a long drive competition, I'd rather go for it, thank you, Fuck your jewels. I don't care about the consistency of putting it down the middle well three times at two hundred and ninety yards. Yeah, you're gonna get a little golf clap, But I don't want that little golf clap. I'm coming off of WrestleMania. I want the fans screaming my name and going absolutely absurdly crazy for my type of hit, for my finishing move, for my finishing swing. It's the long drive competition. I'm going for it, even though if two of them are all the way to the left or the right. But the second you put it right down the middle, boy, just like you did, the crowd's going to be erupt and go crazy. So I prefer that any day over consistency in a long drive competition.
Speaker 2: That's what you did, Jules.
Speaker 1: You hit it probably about three hundred and thirty yards, spanking right down the middle.
Speaker 4: You know. I just.
Speaker 3: People in the long drive competition should know that too. All right, that's all I'm going to say. There's two people out there that will know who this is. Maybe maybe they maybe they'll call meant in the section. Those two people that we're talking all that hat.
Speaker 4: Oh I get oh, I took them three balls to put it down.
Speaker 3: It's a long drive contest. You're supposed to drive it as long and as far as you can. It doesn't matter if it's down the middle on all three. There's no extra credit for freaking getting three down the middle. Last I heard it's the furthest one, So grip it and freaking rip it all right, Those those those listeners. One one of those guys that was talking, we won't say names.
Speaker 1: It's not an accuracy contest. It's all long drives contest. It's a distance contest, not accuracy buddy long drive.
Speaker 3: And one of those you know one maybe a goat that was talking about that.
Speaker 4: He's he's the goat, that's all I'll say.
Speaker 3: And the other, uh, really good commentator, a really good game caller, former tight end, and it's probably I mean, yeah, that's all I'll say, former tight end.
Speaker 4: Really good, oh, really good. Those good hints and if you if you want to see the drive contest.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't think that the guy who won won because all all the talking, But.
Speaker 1: My connection sucks. Can you hear me? Hold on, let me move spots? All right, all right, I can hear you loud and clear. Now, all right, this is way better in my family room. Sorry, folks, we had a little interruption on the play. We got blitzed, we got sacked. My internet was not working well. But we adjust on the fly. Unlike the guy that Julian beat in the long competition. He couldn't adjust on the fly. He couldn't adjust his technique to be able to hit the ball longer. He just thought it was all about accuracy let alone. He didn't know that it mattered how far the ball really went in the end. And that's why we're champions Jewels, because we know how to adjust, Just like I just adjusted. I moved from my office to my family room because the internet sucked. You were chopping up every other word. So everyone out there, here's some advice. Get some sound internet, pay for some top quality shit. Unlike my cheap ass, I got who knows one g right now, but now I got five g's in my family room.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: Let's hit it, Jeules, Well, at least we got the Robbie g and we'll continue this. How about this Wrexham team? Have you heard this news with Ryan Reynolds and Rob mclhaney.
Speaker 1: You're kind of talking to the wrong cat. I'm gonna have to be a you know, I'm gonna have to be filled in more on what's going on with all this.
Speaker 3: They buy a team four or five years ago, they do this reality TV show it's like a League six team and don't fact check me. I'm just telling you the story. And then each year they've got promoted three years in a row, first time ever that this has happened. Now they're in like the second best division behind the English Premier League. How fucking crazy is that? Should we buy a fucking team? I mean, I know Tom's got a team, Fucking JJ Watt has jj Wat's got a team. Everyone's getting a fucking London, London team. How do we get one of these teams?
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure how to get that done, Jewels, and I don't I don't really know how the divisions work over there.
Speaker 3: Explain it in a nutshell. I'll explain it in a nut show. So in soccer in Europe. You can get relegated if you're in the bottom third of your league, or you can get promoted if you're in the top third of your league. I don't know. That could be different in certain league. It could be only one, it could be two. But if you finish in a certain standing in your league at the top, they put you in a new division and then the shitty teams they get relegated, so they get thrown out of the division and go to a lower division. This team started in like Division four and now they're all the way up to Division two, which has never been done. This is a really old team that has a huge support in a small community out somewhere in the UK, and Ryan Reynolds and Rob mclhaney bought the team, put money in, created a reality TV show around it. Now they have like the number one Jersey sales. They're freaking sponsored by TikTok and all the teams in their divisions are sponsored by like local tire companies and shit. So like they've literally built this one program which in Europe you can do all the way to the second league and they can potential we go to the English Premier League if they fucking win their division this year, that's what they did. How fucking nuts is that Tom owns a team. JJ Watt owns a team. How come we don't own a team. You can't be that expensive.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe a flag football team, Jules, should we own one of those?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's gonna be up and coming.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should make a flag football league like this where you get relegated and you could create a you can create a team, club team, and that club team will have like divisions and will relegate and promote the teams.
Speaker 4: We'll do a flag football league. Is there already a flag football league? Worldly? Yeah, we're relate to the party.
Speaker 2: That's okay though we started which UK's mills.
Speaker 1: Everything is clicking right now for Ryan Reynolds in the wrexhom FC soccer club.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you said, they were.
Speaker 1: Probably waiting for this day to happen with the team moving up in divisions. I totally understand what you're saying. That's kind of what they should do with the MLB because the system is set up for already the bottom two teams in Major League Baseball, so should drop back down the Triple A and the two Triple A teams, the top two should go in to the MLB and then it'll just give them that many more incentives to be forming the best team possible, you know for baseball. So that's kind of just a creative idea that just came to me because I like how they're doing that over in Europe in London and just that team as well with TikTok that you said, with everything that they're doing, everything is just spanking right on the money right now for them, which is really cool to see. They're putting in obviously their work and due diligence, and it's popping off for them. So it's inspiring to where we want to buy a flag football team and you know, possibly go on that.
Speaker 2: Page, which is cool. I got a question for you, Yeah, what's your question, Jules?
Speaker 3: All Right, this whole relegation promotion thing, what NFL team should get relegated and why is it the Jets?
Speaker 1: Well, first off, I like how you didn't even give me the option to relegate a team.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that Indianapolis Colts for a moment, because the New York Jets didn't even matter at the time when we were playing. They weren't even kind of they weren't even competition.
Speaker 2: Really, the Colts were you know.
Speaker 4: Right before you got there.
Speaker 3: They beat our ass in the or No, they beat our ass in the playoffs that one year in fourteen two.
Speaker 2: They did. They did.
Speaker 3: They were they were pretty. They had that young in our career. They were decent. Yeah, nowhere, they had a really good defense. They had res I you know, those were some battles. It just that it's been ever san Cheeto left. I mean, it's it's been uh, it's been tough.
Speaker 2: I would relegate.
Speaker 4: The Jets will be right back after this quick break. What's up with Zach Wilson wearing a zero? He's wearing zero here?
Speaker 3: Did you see did you see Ryan Fitzpatrick jumping the comments section and he had a Harvard answer. It might be silly, but perception matters in this business, and a QB trying to resurrect his career wearing number zero doesn't scream serious. QB Fitzpatrick on Zach Wilson's post wearing Braxton Barrios zero. You know what, I got to jump into this, Rob, Yes, let's hear it. I think a lot of people are giving Coach Belichick and this whole interview thing with Jordan, I think they're giving him unfair an unfair reality of what's going on, because she was jumping into that conversation during the interview, just like any PR person would jump in when there's an unnecessary question that probably didn't go over in the in the pre meeting, like the pre production meeting. And so from what I've heard, Jordan is playing the Bears role, the Bears role of like handling all the football ops, handling a lot of his social handling, a lot of his PR and so like when you look at this situation and you say, oh, this is his girlfriend saying jumping in, I don't I think that's unfair. I think she's actually working and that's her profession right now with coach Belichick in the professional world. Now, don't doesn't mean that they can't have a relationship and do the mermaid shit that they do. That's relationship time. But when this whole interview thing happens that I think she's working, and she probably went and said, hey, that's a question. No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 4: What do you like?
Speaker 3: Isn't doesn't that always happen whenever you do an interview do you not have a representative representative there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's becoming his representative on top of being a girlfriend. I mean it's two for one. Uh in my eyes, I said it's two. No one's really put this hand in hand together. When your name is Jordan and you're on the University of North Carolina tar Heels campus.
Speaker 5: Your god, you're untouchable. You're untouchable if your name is Jordan.
Speaker 3: If your name is Jordan's on Chapel Hill, just shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: And let the ship go.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Rob that that was beautiful.
Speaker 4: That was poetry.
Speaker 2: That's all I got. That's all I got.
Speaker 3: You know what, They're winning the Natty this year. Potentially I got them in the Bowl. I got North Carolina because of that whole situation. All right, before we break down the Patriots draft, we got to give a shout out to the Admiral Joe Cardonia. Patriots released him yesterday, two time Super Bowl champion, final member of the Second Dynasty, fifth round draft pick out of the Navy, out of the Navy, which he was like one of the first players that had to that was able to go right away, but served in the offseason in Newport, Rhode Island. That's what people don't understand. Joker was still on station, still serving in offseason Newport, Rhode Island.
Speaker 4: You know, what a hell of a career.
Speaker 3: He is a patriot, He is what the paid triot way was, unsung hero, great locker room guy, always worked his dick off new En to be seen, new En to be heard, you know, like that, that's kind of Joe. And he's someone you can always talk to and like he was just always even keel, you know. And if you always hear the phrase foxhole guy, he's a fucking foxhole guy.
Speaker 1: You hit it, You hit a spot on Julianne with the praise to Joe Cardona. First off, I just want to say thank you for your service Joe, not just you know, to the New England Patriots organization, but serving our country.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, while being on the New England Patriots as well, you were double doing double duty in it which has probably never done been done before in the NFL from my understandment. Uh, just appreciate everything you have done in the locker room on the field to help us win games and protecting our freedom. Joe, you're the longest tenured patriot that was on the roster, but not anymore, and we appreciate it. You had ten seasons with New England, four years at Navy. You just celebrated your thirty third birthday. You're a good dude. Just shout out to you, brother. Hell of a career. Hopefully it continues somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I'm going to his wedding. Going to his wedding next week, you know, so I'll see him. It's going to be in Boston.
Speaker 1: We'll tell Joe, I say, what's up. I think the invite got lost in the mail. But that's all right. You don't want to invite the big gronkstery. The party might get turned up a little bit too much.
Speaker 3: I think I asked him why he did invite you. He said, I think rob probably has a grounk beach that weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, well that's a good possibility. But just give him a little shout out for me, Jules.
Speaker 2: I love Joe. What's up.
Speaker 4: I'll let him know. Let's shift over to the Patriots draft.
Speaker 1: Robbie, what do you think about the Patriots draft? Jewels, Let's get right into it, man.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot, you know, and being in the media now you know, you got your circles, You got your circles. And I call all these little circles all my all my little sources everywhere that are still affiliated with teams, still in the mix, as they like to say. And I just asked some questions about certain guys. I said, Hey, is is t Rex arm is gonna be all right? And they all say, this kid's a fucking killer. And I'm talking about Campbell. Everyone everyone talks about the short arms. After I saw his interview, said he would fucking die for Drake May. It gave it gave me low key some logan making vibes. It gave me some logan fucking making vibes where he's like just country and and you know in the last he's just super country guy. And the last undersized tackle that everyone thought we missed on was this guy named Matt Light from Purdue in the second round. I believe who he was way too small to play tackle, played played for US for what eleven twelve years? Three Super bowls. Fucking stud I'm super excited about that pick. I'll let you go to your one of your favorite picks. Who do you like?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I really like Campbell, you know I think it wasn't just a position. I think I really like that. That's the best part about this pick is that it was a position need for the new Inclan Patriots, but also at the same time, he was I believe that he was one of the best available players in the draft too. It wasn't like a fire reach, Oh, we need to offensive tackle. Let's just draft the first guy that even though he's not deserving of a top ten pick, he was deserving of a top ten pick. So it goes hand in hand. Wonderful pick. And what I'm really excited about though, was their second round pick in the running back that they got out of Ohio State, Traveon Henderson. I think he can walk right into the Patriots organization and possibly be you know, they're starting running back from day one. And what I really like about this guy is that he's gonna make Drake may feel really really comfortable in the pocket, not just because he's going to get the run game going, but because he's one of the best past protecting backs to come out of college football in some time.
Speaker 2: So it's third down, it's a crucial situation.
Speaker 1: You need to get the first down, you know, to keep your chances alive to win the game. And boom, here comes the linebacker and blitz the linebacker blitzing, you know, right up the A gap and boom, Trayvon Henderson picks him up.
Speaker 2: Drake May don't.
Speaker 1: Got to worry about it, gets the ball off to Stefan Diggs first down.
Speaker 2: The chains are moving. That's why this was.
Speaker 1: A huge pickup in my eyes. I believe he has a first round grade as well, but they got him in the second round, so it was a steal. The Patriots A to an A plus in the draft rankings. Probably the best draft out of all the teams this year. Congratulations to Vrabel in the front office in the first year doing it with the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 3: You can tell by their draft and you in comparison to the last couple drafts that they've had that they wanted to make a statement for, Like certain guys like the Will Campbell's that's a statement.
Speaker 4: He's like a he's a culture builder type guy.
Speaker 3: After I don't even know him, I haven't met him, but just here in the way he speaks, here seeing his demeanor, that's a culture guy. That's a culture builder. The Trayvon Henderson. I mean, last time we played in a couple of Super Bowls, we had running backs that had thirteen plus catches, Shane Veren and White sweet Feet, like they got they got Stevenson for like the Ben the Benny Law Firm, a guy North South runner, and you get Henderson with Josh McDaniels. Pairing him with Josh McDaniels, I see so many sproll routes in my head right now. The sproll coming out of the backfield, cross up that linebacker, great matchups with the with the running back, which is really good for the quarterback. When when because a lot of these young guys they like that all go and so hey, we'll give them the all go, but then we'll have the running back to his little thing. If you got to get a guy that can get open and block, that's huge.
Speaker 4: I love. I've heard some really good.
Speaker 3: Things about this Kyle Williams kid out of Washington State. You know, everyone I've asked about him. I haven't watched a lot of them, but they're all like, man, we liked them.
Speaker 4: We like them a lot lot.
Speaker 2: Julian, hold on for a second.
Speaker 1: When you're sixty ninth pick in the draft, You're always gonna have good juju around you. You'll never be a bus You know, guy had eighteen touchdowns over two thousand yards. I think over his last two seasons at Washington State too. You know, he's kind of like a Steve you know Smith ability. You know, I would say a little bit like that, you know, I mean, I just think it's a great pick.
Speaker 4: Hey, we've had him here in this nuthouse.
Speaker 3: You better be fucking you better make you better, make people scared with your eyeballs if you're Steve Smith. Getting Steve Smith comparisons, that dude's intimidating. But he's awesome, dude. I love that they got another center and they you know, the Jared Wilson out of Georgia Center guard, you know, revamping this offensive line that was it was like, I hate saying it, but they were terrible last year. They were bad, like in all statistical categories like they need. They go out and they get the guy from the Jets, Moses and draft Will Campbell. You bring in Jared will Send to be a part of that interior part of the line. From what I hear, Scarnekio is consulting over there. Maybe old Scar was in the building breaking down this film, getting guys according and right for the system that we he knows with Josh McDaniels, I don't know, this is what I have no sources, but that's what I heard.
Speaker 4: Also, what about the kicker from Miami.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great pickup. I'm actually surprised, like how people are surprised that the Patriots grabbed the kicker in the sixth round. I mean it's a sixth round pick. Usually you cut a guy. I can't believe kickers don't go higher in the draft, especially you.
Speaker 2: Know when their money.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many points does do a kicker produced throughout the season, and in just a single game, it's usually around probably average what one to two field goals a game. That's plenty of points, you know, possibly game winning situations as well as well at end of the game. So picking up a kicker that's dedicated that you know that's going to produce, I think that's big. Yeah, second round pick, third round four kicker, you know is not really doable, but grabbing a kicker in a sixth round is absolutely no risk.
Speaker 2: I think it's a wonderful pick up for the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Sebastian jan Nikowski win the first round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was the only kicker of all time that win the first round?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: Did Ray Guy? I think Ray Guy did too, for he's a punter.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're going to see that happen again.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but hey, that was Al Davis. That's Al Davis. But with the kicker. Like to your point, Rob, I agree with you one thousand percent. If you look at all these corner Stone teams that have won Super Bowls, they all have a great kicker. When we were playing we had Steve Gaskowski. The team before us had Adam Vinit Terry. The Peyton Manning teams over there in Indy when they had fander Jack, they lost. When they got fucking Vinitary, they won.
Speaker 4: A Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: You look at the Chiefs right now, Buckhert or Buckhead or what is this Buckhert Buckner, Buckner is.
Speaker 4: Fucking he's dialed.
Speaker 3: You look at the Ravens, just Tucker like he's won them a lot of game, a lot of games. So like having a kicker, I remember just being in and hearing the coaches and Scottie O'Brien, like they would always talk about you need to have a guy that you know can make those those kicks forty to fifty and in he has to be one hundred percent because that changes how you call plays, That changes your demeanor for the offense, that changes how you defend teams. Everything revolves around the special teams. It's such a huge equalizer and having a great kicker makes that so I agree.
Speaker 1: I just really love what the Patriots did throughout this whole draft too. They drafted the player that they needed at that position. And it wasn't just reaching out to grab a guy for that need at that position. It was getting value as well with the pick. For example, you know Joe Cardona, Yeah, one of the longest tenured Patriots. It was just time, I guess for him to go. You got a new regime. You know, Vrabel wants new players in there, that he wants his own players. And then they go out and they get a long snapper and Julian Ashby and the seventh round technically might not work out, it's a seventh round pick, but still, you know, for the value of a seventh round pick for a position that you need to fill, you know, it makes sense. You got the kicker. As well. In the sixth round, David Andrews got released this year, absolute legend of Patriots legend another one, but it's a Vrabel regime now once again. So it was just time, you know, for him to go. And then they get a center slash guard in the third round with Jared Wilson that we were talking about out of Georgia who ran a four to eight forty yard dash at three hundred and ten pounds.
Speaker 2: This guy fits the Patriots most. Shaq Mason, Jack Mason.
Speaker 4: Shaq Mason's kind of shack it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Shack was just an athletic.
Speaker 4: Remember, Shaq was super He was super athletic.
Speaker 3: So the line guys are starting to look like guys that I kinda can see, which last few years it wasn't looking like that other than David Andrews, but you know, he was banged up with the shoulders. Uh Rabel was really close to Lonnie Paxton, so you know you had to get a long snapper in the seventh named Jewels. Yeah. I don't don't think I'm fuck it. I don't think I don't know Rabes. I know you shotgun in some beers with Lonnie Paxton. Over at the Red Bull fucking fridge in the locker room. We heard the stories, Rabes, that's why you got old jewels in the seventh round.
Speaker 1: Huh, we know those stories, Bobs.
Speaker 3: What about these undrafted guys. Let's give some undrafted guys some love.
Speaker 1: They got some pretty soft, solid undrafted players. You're talking about the afton Chisholm.
Speaker 3: Chisel chiseled Eastern Washington to be chiseled Eastern Washington football.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: That's why I know about Eastern Washington. They put that blue turf and they wanted the.
Speaker 4: Copy all the red turf you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: Boise State has the.
Speaker 1: Blue turf, but they wanted the copy boys's day and they put that blue turf in.
Speaker 2: I remember everyone complaining about it for a little bit.
Speaker 1: But Aften Chisholm, he better beat chiseled if your last name is Chisholm out of Eastern Washington. I mean his senior year, he produced one hundred and twenty receiving you know, receptions over thirteen hundred yards and thirteen tds. You know, that's second the Cup and all time and receptions at Eastern Washington Old Cooper Cup, Cooper Cooper Cup a Washington got h what's his speed?
Speaker 4: Let's look him up? What is his speed?
Speaker 1: Probably more quick, I would say, that's how you get one hundred quicker than that's how you get one hundred and twenty receptions. You gotta be quicker, you know, than.
Speaker 4: Your your What do you run? You go to the comps.
Speaker 1: Four seven forty he ran, it's average, that's what I ran. Yeah, it's probably really.
Speaker 4: Really but you're another human. You have a whole nother human on your body.
Speaker 1: He's got to be really really quick out of his breaks. I got explosive. But you know, just top not speed just isn't there. You know that's okay though.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, that's what special teams are for.
Speaker 3: Buddy Now running back Land Larson out of UC Davis, the agricultural school out of Sacramento.
Speaker 4: Wow, I almost went to u C Davis.
Speaker 2: Rob really to play football or baseball.
Speaker 3: With my old high school head coach bell Scoal, this big ass polish guy, coach v He took me and Tyrese Jacks to go see UC Davis because he graduated from there. It was Division one, Double A. But uh, that's what I remember. That's my memory of UC Davis. I don't remember. I remember it was beautiful, but I heard what this guy's at Bell Coow.
Speaker 4: Huh, let's see them.
Speaker 3: Oh he's a steer wrestler. Oh, this is got special teams written all over it. He's strong, obviously strong wrestling. He's wrestling them them cows. No that these two dudes probably can freaking they could probably uh compete for special teams. I mean that's that's what you bring these guys in and to build depth, build depth your starters, and and and compete on the special teams.
Speaker 4: That's how I made the damn team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: I mean they're long shots, they're dark horses to make the roster. But hey, guys, remember there's the practice squad. I think there's you know, up to thirteen to fifteen guys in the practice squad. Now you can, you know, sit on that squad for a year to develop, go against the first team defense of the New England Patriots. You know, practice your skills, learn the ins and outs of the NFL. I'll just improve on a daily basis as an undrafted free agent, and then boom, you can become a special team.
Speaker 2: Star out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: You can start getting some reps with the third team and show your skills and then all of a sudden, someone goes down and you get a call and you got to fill in at the game and boom, that's your shot. And just never know when it's gonna come. So just always be prepared and always be ready and give it your best every single day. Always have a chip on your shoulder. You undrafted free agents, you always get a shot, so just keep working at it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: And one thing for guys in the later rounds, undrafted guys, mistakes are going to be made. You just can't make the same mistake twice. Coaches will give you some you know they're they're expecting you to make mistakes. Don't make it twice. Know your shit, know your formations, know all your your your coaching points, and think to yourself that they are going to call on you at all time because they can. I don't know, I don't know how this is gonna be, but I'm just saying be that prepared because you have to give it everything you have because once the vets come in, and you'll have these little camps when the vets aren't there, and you'll have the rookie camp and you'll have these reps. The reps are gonna go down and the only reps you're gonna get are in special teams. So you gotta like do really good on those things. Do all their techniques, know the names, know the terms, know the formations, know what the other side of the ball has to do. So you know your responsibility, no conceptually what's going on, not just what you're doing. And that's how you make the team and you improve. Like Gronk said, every day, don't make a mistake. Think you're getting cut every day. That's how That's how fucking life and death this shit is. That's how life and death this shit is. I remember going to Brian Hoyer and in Ornberger's room every night to go over my fucking formation, my play, my personnel groups, my concepts, and I didn't even sniff the field on offense, you know, but we did have. You have your little period at the end where the you know it's called what is it, what was it called makeup period or that one period where you go, you know, kind of younger guys on younger guys to give them their rests.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about it's just not clicking in my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but you got to take advantage of that. Any rep you get is being watched. This isn't college anymore. They don't have a backup to the backup long snapper. There's not one hundred and twenty guys on a fucking team. There's fifty three and fifteen maybe sixteen practice squad guys. That gets small when you see it for the first time.
Speaker 1: A lot of great points, Julian, A lot of great points made right there, and talking about just going over your you know, the personnel, the formations and all that. As just a high you know, round draft pick, I would say, you get a little bit more opportunity, you know, you get a little bit more room for mistakes. But eventually, if you make too many mistakes, they'll still put that undrafted free agent in front of you because you're making too many mistakes as an undrafted free agent. You don't want to make a mistake twice, like you said, as a first round, second round you make it twice, they're gonna just keep getting on you. They're gonna start yelling at you more and more until you finally pick it up because, like I said, you're a higher draft pick. You know they're investing more into you, so you have a little bit more room for air. But I'm not saying you want to make those airs. I'm just saying, if it happens, but you got to hurry up and correct them. And one way I corrected it was the formations. I really didn't know the formations out on the football field too well because there was just so many. When I got to the New England Patriots in college, it was like I line up on the right, put my hand down and sometimes in the slot, and I just go. There was like five formations when I got, you know, with Brady and company and with Josh McDaniel's coach Belichick. Let me tell you, there's about fifty different formations I had to learn, and I was all over the place, lining in the you know, in the wrong spot, personal lining up in the wrong spot coming out of the huddle. So therefore I stayed after practice with my coach, my rookie year, for about an hour every single day with coach Farns, and we went over the formations just to make sure I knew where to line up the next day and I could do it quickly, So I wasn't thinking because the second you're thinking, you're beat because if you're thinking what you got to do, you can't really react to the play. And then the dB or linebacker gets up in your grill and just whoops your ass. So don't be thinking out there on the field. Hurry up and getting that playbook and don't make those mistakes on a daily basis that you already made.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then also for like the the you know, the the higher drafted guys. I remember, like there was higher drafted guys that knew they got more opportunity and took advantage of that and then didn't pan out. When you're a higher drafted guy, you want to make these fucking guys look like they were right for drafting you high. You want to be a professional, you know, because you have some seventh round guy like me. Like when I was a veteran and I earned where I was at. When I would see a high, highly drafted guy come in and think that way, it turned me off as a player and it made me knew that he wasn't the guy.
Speaker 4: We didn't get the right guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So like being a high drafted player that's a huge accomplishment. That is great, But don't go out there thinking you get more opportunity because you're the higher drafted guy. The more mistakes you make, you're just making them look wrong for drafting you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So it's it's this is this is a high stress environment. This is pro football. That's what all these guys need to learn. Yeah, we like to do tiktoks and have fun and shit, but when there's a hundred guys in the locker room and they cut that bitch down to fit fifty three, you know, I think, I think I'd rather be fucking fighting instead of tiktoking and having all this fun and all this shit, because that's what it is. These guys are gonna be introduced to. You know, you can't red shirt anymore.
Speaker 1: Tiktoking and instagraming and all that good stuff. That's that's that's second there. That's second there. You're a football player, right when you're new.
Speaker 3: These little young guys, Man, you gotta get in there and you gotta fucking you gotta earn your stride.
Speaker 2: I gotta grind.
Speaker 3: It's exciting. This is an exciting period. This is where the team is made. Hey, we got the guys. There's gonna be more free agencies and ship because when all the other teams cut their guys. But you know, this is when it starts the team.
Speaker 1: Put that phone down. Put the phone down, closure Netflix account, and get to the grind.
Speaker 2: Football Football Football.
Speaker 1: Playbook, playbook, playbook. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Get after it. Nightclubs, going out trying to pick up girls. Hey, that will just do what you gotta do to make the team.
Speaker 3: Make the team, because the better you do in the field, all the other stuff is exactly. The better you are as a player, your followers will get up. The better you are as a player, and the better your team does, the more money you'll make off the field. The better you are as a player, and the better your team does, you're gonna put you in different circles. You probably get hotter chicks too.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 1: That was a knocked out right there, Jules hit it right on the money. Just ball out and they will all come.
Speaker 2: You don't even have to try that. You don't even have to try.
Speaker 4: You make keep the main thing the main thing, and all the things you.
Speaker 2: Just walk in and then you just say Hi, I'm.
Speaker 4: Rob and oh hi Rob exactly. Hi, I'm Jewles.
Speaker 2: Hi Jeules, You're so cute like your beard. Oh you're so hairy because is there a squirrel? Oh you're so furry. I just want to snuggle you.
Speaker 5: Jewels.
Speaker 2: You just said you're That's what happened. You just said your name O Jewels.
Speaker 1: But that's what happens when you're winning ball out on the field.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what we just me neither.
Speaker 4: But what letter what letter grade would you give the Patriots?
Speaker 2: I give them an A.
Speaker 1: I mean, I truly believe they had probably the best draft in the NFL, uh for what they needed and and for the value of every pick. So hands down, I give them an A. I truly, like I said that Henderson pick with the second round while when they took him at running back, I was I was really thrilled with that. I mean, great, great value, great job by everyone, and I think he's going to be a good guy for offensive corner Josh McDaniels to work with as well and develop them.
Speaker 4: I'm excited with their draft. I'm not giving a letter grade.
Speaker 3: I mean, he can't drad the draft until like two years you gotta see I gotta see him take a pro snap, Gotta see him be able to call the play in the huddle or take a play digest to installed ay. Uh, you know, seeing something new for the first time, bringing it from the classroom to the drill to the grass, you know all that stuff. You got to see that. So but hey, they definitely filled some things that they definitely need. And that's that's what you want. You want to fill holes with staple players that what is this, Jules is a more of a pass failed kind of guy. I love those pass field classes and uh, did you ever have any pass failed classes?
Speaker 1: I think gym class one time one year it became a pass foul. But you're a pass foul guy, and you're not giving out a grade for the Patriots draft. So was it a pass or was it a foul?
Speaker 4: Then, Jules it to pass.
Speaker 2: It is a pass.
Speaker 1: I understand why you're not giving out grades because they haven't played a snap in football. And I've always wondered that too, because after the draft, you know, all those mock draft people like mel Kiper and all those guys, they'd be like, oh, this this team got a this team drafted. I give them a C. But how the heck would you possibly know that, you know, you know, until they play a snap of football in the NFL, like you were saying, Julian, But they're just giving the grades for what they think, you know, they needed and how they think they will be in the.
Speaker 2: Future for the team.
Speaker 1: I really want to see those grades and then watch the year, you know, pan out with all those rookie draft picks, and then go back and grade the drafts. That's one thing that's never been done before that I had never seen on the internet, is those draft grades. I want to see them after the season, where those rookie draft classes rank, and then compare them to the grade that they got after you know, the three days after the draft. That would be really cool to see and just see it on paper as well, to you know, compare it and see all these draft pundits you know, how good they really are as well.
Speaker 4: Well, we should do that next year. Well, or we'll do that after the year.
Speaker 3: We'll we'll do a we'll grade the draft. We'll grade the draft after the year and rob they the reason why they.
Speaker 4: Let me fill you in a little secret.
Speaker 3: Alright, the reason why they grade the draft so in comparison to their grades. They grade them to how they project the guys, but who's projecting the guys for which team? And who's getting you know what I mean, there's a whole like I don't get it.
Speaker 1: But that's why I want to compare it to once they play a whole season and then's you know, and then grade how the rookies all.
Speaker 4: Dead, it's really two seasons.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, give it two seas.
Speaker 3: It's really two seasons because I want to say the first year, you know, there's their rookies and they could look really good, but it's more of that. The biggest leap you get is that second year. It's your first time in the offseason program. It's your first time knowing what's going on in your schedule, life, of where you are, where to go, it's your you know, you have just more comfortability to learn and blossom after your first year because you already know what it's about. Now you can work on you and you have some tape to learn from what you need to work on.
Speaker 1: And Julian, we're talking about the draft and all right now, I just want to go back to a prior episode when we were talking when remember I said that. You know, my mom saw him pissed off two times in my life, and one of them was when I wasn't drafted in the first round of the draft in twenty ten. Well, technically, I kind of was draft in the first round because from my sources, I'm pretty sure the Baltimore Ravens were going to pick me. I think it was around like the twenty fifth pick that they had in the draft, and I'm not one hundred percent accurate, but I've heard, you know, through the grapevine that they were going to me with the twenty fifth pick. But then Denver and Josh McDaniels came scooping in and traded with the Baltimore Ravens at the twenty fifth pick, which put the Ravens back at the forty third pick, and the Denver Broncos took Tim Tebow with Josh McDaniels as the head coach.
Speaker 2: So then.
Speaker 1: I was not gonna be drafted in the first round because of that. I just got booted out of the first round because the Baltimore Ravens wanted me, and then the Ravens have the forty third pick. Now they felt like, hey, we were the only Ones going to draft him, you know, in the first round. We could possibly get him in the second. Now, that's why we traded out to Denver. Well, then the New England Patriots got you know, a sniff of it, and they traded up one spot before the Baltimore Ravens, you know, at number forty two where I got drafted. And on top of this, I also heard through a grapevine that if I didn't get drafted to the New England Patriots, Greg who was a tight end of the Chicago Bears at the time, was going to get traded that day for a draft pick for what I believe from what I've heard, to the New England Patriots, because the Patriots were looking for a tight end. So I'm just thanking the Lord right now that everything just played in my favor. And thank you to the Baltimore Ravens for trading out to the Denver Broncos and not drafting me in the first round. But technically, what I was getting to Jules is I am a first rounder, baby, all that.
Speaker 3: Just to hear that, well, you're you're a first rounder in my eyes, Rob.
Speaker 2: You are too jewels to me. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: So, uh, mister irrelevant.
Speaker 3: Kobe Minor didn't, didn't they?
Speaker 4: Someone who who tweeted that the Patriots it's ours, we have them. Yeah, oh shit, that's tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah great drafts or Patriots great draft.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Rock Party has made the mystery irrelevant tag really a lot you know, cooler now, Like it used to be kind of like a make a wish for a guy. Now it's like, shit, you could be Brock Party get paid sixty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Hey, Joe's I can also tell you this. It doesn't matter where you get drafted. It doesn't matter if you sign as an undrafted free agent. It's all matters with what you do with your opportunity, because every undrafted free agent is going to get a shot. They're going to be put in with the first team at some point or the second team, and it's gonna say, hey, the ball is gonna come to you. Let's see what you can what you can do? Are you gonna get open? Can you block this guy? And if you can't, well, then your opportunity is gonna start closing as soon as possible. But if you can pick up the block, if you can make that catch, you know when your number is called, well, then you're gonna get another chance. And then you're gonna get another chance. So if you showcase skills, no matter you know where you were picked up, if it was a seventh round, if it was the first round, if you were undrafted free agent, you're gonna get an opportunity. It's what you do with that opportunity one given. So keep your hopes up.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 1: If you were disappointed, if you were drafting the seventh round, sixth round, fifth round, or didn't get drafted at all, you're still gonna get that shot and go out there. You either prove them wrong or you prove them right and go prove them wrong.
Speaker 3: Got it, And now that you're all in the same place, it doesn't matter where you're drafted now, no matters. How you play matters, if you line up the right way, it matters if you.
Speaker 4: You know you can.
Speaker 3: Do the little things the daily life of a pro athlete. It's gonna be hard, but you'll have an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Did you hear this story about Rabes putting on the pads and working out Campbell.
Speaker 2: I heard a little bit of it.
Speaker 3: I heard that Rabels put what you wanted to put the pads on to fill the kid. What if Rabes came and put his pads on and tried to cover you in a workout?
Speaker 4: What would you do, Rabes?
Speaker 1: I would go full full speed fall out, like how can you not? I mean, this is the head coach of the New England Patriots coming to your workout just to see what you got, and that's a time where you just can't half asset and that's what he wants to see too. Are you scared that I'm in front of your face right now, that the head coach is in front of your face? Are you gonna tense up or you're gonna still be loose and you're gonna punch the heck out of him? And that's what Will Campbell did.
Speaker 2: I heard that he.
Speaker 1: Punched them like offensive lineman and that Rabel went flying backwards. And I really think that's what made Rabel really fall in love with this guy. As coach Scar said back in the day, a rats ass doesn't matter about arm lath. It's all about what you can do with what you've been given jewels, and that's Will Campbell for you. Doesn't matter if you got alligator arms. That's what he can do with them, and those alligators are fierce and they're deadly.
Speaker 2: And that's Will Campbell for you.
Speaker 3: I think coach said he doesn't give a ratsass about arm length. It's all about what you could do with what you've been given. But I love I love the character. That was a good one.
Speaker 2: Thanks to us.
Speaker 1: I knew I was, you know, somewhere in the ballpark.
Speaker 4: He's saying all the right things.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for the future we have in Foxborough and I think we've got a special season coming.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna fight and die to.
Speaker 3: Protect Drake May with everything I've got.
Speaker 1: That that's the left tackle that you want. I mean, all all he has to do now is show up and produce. I mean, everything's you know, being said the right way. You know, the draft pick was great. He's doing some great interviews. But what really truly matters is what you do when it comes down to the stretch and haul of it all, when it comes down to training camp, when it comes down to the regular season games in the playoffs, it's all about showing up and performing. So we love everything so far, and now it's just time to put him to work, develop him, get him, you know, ready to speed. To be that you know every play, every down, tackle, and to have that trust in Drake May as well that he can just drop back and just fire in his backside blind side protection is good to go. So that's what really matters.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Baby, he's a big boy. He's six six three nineteen. I mean he's He's won every damn trophy there is. He's known as a nasty fucking player.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried he must got big, big booty in big quas because he actually looks so slim. I think he's all packing in his legs, and that's as as an offensive lineman, that's where you want to pack. You know, all your strength and power and explosiveness is in your legs.
Speaker 2: That's how you get the move. Guys.
Speaker 1: It's not about how strong you are up top. Yeah, you got to be strong a top, but if you got lower body strength, I mean you could push a car, you can haul a car, you can push a defender, it doesn't matter how big they are. So I think that's where he's packing his weight and powers right where you need to write, in those hips, glutes and thighs. You know, that's an offensive lineman for you.
Speaker 3: You know There's a quote that came out that he said, you see that, dad, They got a bass pro shop right there, easy access.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: On my matt light timing hunting right behind the stadium. You know what that tells me. He's games with names fan. He's watched it, so I'm a fan of him and I can't wait to see him. Fucking get that old line going. Okay, he's got to be regardless, he's first rounder.
Speaker 4: You're the guy. Now, you're the guy. Be the guy. We need it. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 1: Another thing about the draft, Julian, is that everyone's like, wow, there weren't really that many quarterbacks selected, you know, and a lot of quarterbacks fell this year and slipped. Well, not every year there's going to be six quarterbacks drafted in the top fifteen picks, Julian.
Speaker 2: And that was last year.
Speaker 1: There were six guys that were drafting the top fifteen picks. And every year in the draft, the needs are different for teams on an every single year given basis. So when people are surprised, oh what happened to the quarterback market, well, last year there was six of them drafted top fifteen not that many teams need quarterbacks this year, And in some years there's a couple offensive tackles drafted in the top you know ten picks, and then other years there's no offensive tackles you know, drafted. It's all about the team's needs. It's all about the players that are best available too, at whatever position it is going into the draft. So it's not just about, you know, quarterbacks, it's about these team needs and the best available player that is available at that given time I'm.
Speaker 2: In the draft.
Speaker 4: Have we talked about the shador and stuff yet?
Speaker 1: Now we haven't.
Speaker 4: But like I said about, what do you think about that slide?
Speaker 1: Well the chador slide? Well this this is what I got to say about a shador. Like I was saying earlier, it doesn't matter, you know, where you truly get drafted. It just matters what you do with the opportunity when you get that opportunity. And he's going to have an abundance of opportunities even though he was drafted in the fifth round. You got to prove it. Nothing's given, you got to earn it. Even if you're a first rounder. Yeah, they're going to give you a hundred bit, you know, one hundred more opportunities to develop. But with that being said, as a fifth rounder and having such a big namestale, Chador is going to get a plentiful amount of opportunities, you know, to showcase his skills. And it's what you do with it. It's how you ball out, It's how you perform. It's how you get into the playbook and start learning the plays, getting on the same chemistry as the wide receivers as your offensive line, knowing the defenses, knowing the blitz packages that the defenses are going to present to you, knowing how to pick them up, getting the ball out fast. That's what you gotta do, you know, no matter you know, for Shador, no matter where he was drafted. So it's all about him now and what he does with the situation.
Speaker 4: It is, and I agree one hundred million percent.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's definitely humbling, but you know, hey, there's gonna be an opportunity.
Speaker 4: You could either do one thing. You can get two things.
Speaker 3: You can sulk from this whole thing and let it affect you, or you can use it as a motivation and let it motivate you. Regardless of what happened, why he's there, to Rob's point, he's going to have an opportunity, you know, and it's gonna be a tougher opportunity. This is gonna be they draft a guy in the third round. Okay, they're telling you that you're not the backup course, so you know, maybe this could be a turning point in his career that slingshots him into where he wants to go.
Speaker 1: It's the first case where I've actually seen a player drop significantly in so many rounds as well. Yeah, we've seen quarterbacks that were supposed to be top ten picks but then they only drop to like, you know, stay in the first round but just to the bottom of the first round, or players that are supposed to be top ten picks and they go in the second round. I just never seen a player actually drop, you know, from first round all the way to the fifth round like that. So that was a pretty crazy situation. Definitely a humbling situation, which could be you know, better off in the long run for Shador as well. And it also gives you that much more motivation. I'm always talking about, you know, how it was disappointed I didn't go in the first round, but let me tell you and also how I didn't go to the you know, picked by the Buffalo Bills, my hometown. But let me tell you, I used that as motivation to the highest power, Julian. And that's what you gotta do. Every time we played the Buffalo Bills. I remember that they didn't draft me. And what did I do to the Buffalo Bills?
Speaker 4: Jules? You killed them every single time.
Speaker 2: Every single time I was catching.
Speaker 4: Fake, literal people's elbow one time they got suspended.
Speaker 1: That's how fricking, that's how juiced up I was getting every single time I played the Bills, just to pay them back. That people's elbow was just for the front office organization that was there when they passed on me in the draft, Julian, So use that as motivation. Should do here and just do your thing, do your thing out on the football field.
Speaker 4: You know I was. I liked the Giants draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got Abdua Carter. You know, I think with the third third pick in the draft, who's going to be a star. But was he serious? Was he serious asking for LT's number. Yeah, you were a high draft pick. But LT is an absolute legend, the best to do it, one of the best defenders of all and let me tell you, brother, like you got to prove yourself. Just just crazy, just asking for LT's number. And I'm glad LT shut him down like that.
Speaker 3: LT did the LT move man, LT. That was such an LT response. Go make your own freaking number.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 3: What would Bill said to the kid if he asked for fifty six at the New York Football Giants?
Speaker 1: No, no, buddy, Yeah there's one LT and you're not LT. You're you're not even close to being LT. So how about you just get the fuck out of my office and get in your playbook because you haven't done shit yet and now you get number sixty two.
Speaker 2: You for just being an asshole.
Speaker 4: It sounded al dats to me, Brooklyn accent.
Speaker 1: All right, it wasn't bad. It was one of my better impersonations. You know, I'm not the impersonator Julian you are, but I gave it my best shot there. I mean, I feel like the words were on, but just the rhythm of it and how coach speaks wasn't exactly there. But I think the wording was good. How about what what would you say?
Speaker 3: I think he would laugh at it, I think he'd made I think he'd be like look, can we can we just can we make a play before we try to ask for the greatest football player in the history of the game's number, Like, can we can we fucking put on our goddamn jersey before?
Speaker 4: Can we know where to line up before we? Like he would say something like.
Speaker 1: That, how about my boy, my rival Arizona State running back Cam scatter Ball going in the fourth round to the New York Giants. Dable and the Giants and company. They had a great draft. Man, I think this guy's gonna be a very valuable pick.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's kind of like a bowling ball, you know, as a running back, hard to take down, you know, blue collar guy.
Speaker 2: Even though even though he's.
Speaker 1: A Sun Devil, I really like him and I'm truly believe he was part of the reason why the Arizona State Sun Devils just turned it around their program, just like that was because of Camp Scatabo. And if you watch the playoff game this year, he literally carried the whole entire Arizona State Sun Devil's team basically to have a chance in that playoff game. They didn't win it, but without him they would have gotten blown out. But I really like this guy. Love how he runs with the ball. He has no fear, and I think he's gonna be used in a lot of different ways with the brilliant mind that Dable has. I think he's gonna get abused as well. Used and abused because of the way that he runs. He's gonna have to learn ways to protect himselves and when to get down and when the play's over, you know, get down on some certain tackles. But he's going to do a good job and he's going to have a lot of you know, use for this offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the Jackson Dart trade in the first the trade back into the first pick. I ain't he kind of reminds me a little bit of a young Josh Allen. I don't think he's as visually or as h physically big is Josh, But you know, he's gotten better every year in college.
Speaker 4: He's got a I watched his Gruden thing.
Speaker 3: Those Gruden quarterback camps have been awesome to watch because you can get a real little tail a tell of how these guys are gonna be when they're in in the locker room or in a meeting, how their demeanor is gonna be. Are they wanting to learn. Are they making too much joke time out of shit? Are are they trying to you know what I mean? Like you could see a lot of that stuff, and you know, he was a cool kid. You know, he's confident. He definitely needs to learn how to get down and protect himself. He's very reckless with the football and his body, very reckless with his body.
Speaker 4: And he'll learn.
Speaker 3: He'll get baptized in the National Football League and be reminded that you can't do that. And if he doesn't, he'll be on the sideline. So and day Ball, you know, day Ball had to develop fucking Josh Josh Allen, so it's a good guy to be developed. I hope, I hope that the Giants give day Ball, day Ball, you know, the time to do this because it wasn't his fault for doing the things in the past. That that team is done, Let's move on to the next. Travis Hunter going to Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: Brown's, Patriots or Giants, name one of those teams that he goes to.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's going to the Giants, to the Browns. I don't think the Patriots are gonna ge him either.
Speaker 2: Well, then where is he going?
Speaker 4: Well, who's next Kansas City Chiefs. No, he's dropped top ten to the thirty first pick. I hope he doesn't go to the Jags.
Speaker 2: I don't hope he goes to the Giants either.
Speaker 4: I bet you Jacks pick him up, though I can see him go to the Jacks. No, I thinks to jackson it won't be fun. Though. If he goes to Jacksonville, someone trade up for him.
Speaker 2: It needs to be a fun market for Travis Hunter. He needs to go to like the New.
Speaker 1: York market, Patriots market, like something like that. Even Cleveland's better than Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: Is he the most talented player in the draft.
Speaker 2: Of course, because he plays both ways.
Speaker 1: Well, it's gonna be exciting, but he has to go to a market where it's exciting as well. The Jaguars isn't really an exciting market. Even when the Jaguars are good, it's still not that exciting.
Speaker 3: Jaguars haven't been exciting since Mark Brunell retired. We basically called it, He's going to Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: I called it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did call it, Jules, And I was wrong, you know, I just I didn't see the fit, you know, going to the city of Jacksonville because Travis Hunter is an electric player. The organization of the Jacksonville Jaguars hasn't been electric in quite some time, like you said, since quarterback Mark Brunell.
Speaker 2: What kind of made it fit.
Speaker 1: You know, is that the new regime for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I feel like are trying to change that perspective of the Jacksonville Jaguars because they traded up for him, which made it more powerful. It was more impactful that eighth grade GM was heartfelt about it, and the Jags feel like he's the new style of an NFL player, So it can boom that organization. Hey, we're transcending now, and we're gonna be that team that's exciting and that's electrifying, and Travis Hunter is gonna lead the way. So I may possibly be wrong with what I said earlier, and I am here to say I was wrong if it happens to be electrifying.
Speaker 3: You know this James Gladstone introduction, Holy shit, this guy should get a fucking oscar. That was like the tone I was just watching about Cadence on public speaking and this guy hit everything to a hold.
Speaker 4: How old is he?
Speaker 3: He's a young guy, thirty two years old. The guy could speak that old Gladstone. I tipped my gap to you as a like that was a fucking I felt like he's thirty four. He's thirty four year old. I felt like that was like we're about to start a movie or something. I wanted to get. I got my popcorn. I was eating there watching them and that guy's storytelling and his everything. It was spectacular. And you know, it's a good move for them, Like exactly for the point of what we argued four weeks ago or whenever we dropped that there hasn't been any excitement in Jacksonville. They got Trevor Lawrence. They wanted him to be the exciting factor. He hasn't you know. They brought in a bunch of free agents, the Kirks and all the other guys they have. Josh Allen on defense is a really good football player. They got good players, but no one is making them exciting. And this move shows and proves their fans. Hey, guys, we want we want some excitement too, So here we're gonna give you the most exciting football player in the draft. And and and I think that's that was a slam dunk move. For them and it shows you know, where their mind's at. I think it was cool.
Speaker 1: They even added a swimming pool to their stadium like a couple of years ago to try to make it exciting to get you know, fans to the games. I mean, if you ask me, I thought that was pretty cool. I would have definitely been the guy to be in that swimming pool while the sick the football game, especially back in the day. Yeah, it looks really cool. So hey, I got a question. What because the Jacksville Jaguars they play over in London about two times a year, do you think that Travis Hunter will be the best selling jersey in London Jewels?
Speaker 3: I don't know, probably right, I would, honestly if they put them on like kickoffs and kickoff returns, because the fans in London they go so crazy over our special team plays because there's something being kicked, so they're like reminded of soccer. So if he like houses a kick in London, oh yeah, they'll fucking love him over there.
Speaker 4: He'll be He'll be the lad over them, my.
Speaker 1: Good old day mate, Travis Hunt?
Speaker 2: Might he my favorite player?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Jules?
Speaker 1: On any final thoughts in the draft, what do you got.
Speaker 3: I liked what the Rams did collecting a first round draft pick next year in a quarterback fertile draft, less snead Man they've hit on Like I'm this is like watching him watching Howie Roseman jumping the first round and get the Alabama linebacker watching Less snead trade out like these those are the guys. I think that's the cream of the crop of the GMS. You know, I watching these guys because less sneed. Anytime you hit on a Pooka a Coop in the fifth, you hit a Kyron Williams in the fifth after selling your soul to the devil for a super Bowl, which they did, you have to hit on your draft picks. And they've been hitting on their draft picks. The versus kid last year you got like six and a half sacks. They're hitting and building their team back up from the quarterback thing that they had to do to get their Super Bowl. They're building through the draft, which and I love seeing that. I can't wait to see this. This Terrence Ferguson tight end. You know, with Matthew Stafford, MATTHEWFF Higsby has been really good. But Higgsby's been kind of hurt. Anytime Sean McVeigh and Les sneed draft running back in the fourth round, just take a look. Take a look at this guy's name, because they know how to make their running backs go. Look at Kyrin Williams fifth round draft pick. He's been bawling out. Now they get a nice fresh set of legs. Anytime you had a big boy at the d line level, that's depth. And then they receives you're in the seventh We'll see what's going on. But you know, I liked that draft. I like that they didn't like what they wanted in the first round and said, hey, we'll go. I think let's need something said like we'll get our gratifaction or gratification next year or something for the first round thing. Let's jump into the chills, dude to the week brought to you by our favorite beer, Cores Light. Get Cores Light delivered straight to your door, Visit cores Light dot com, slash dudes and celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 1: Joels, I got my Cores Light in my hand. It's nice and chill, and it's cold as the rockies.
Speaker 4: M You know what I loved with these? When we do the reads, what do you love about it. M taste so good.
Speaker 3: You know, like when at the end where it's like I feel like I'm in a commercial or somewhere you say golden Colorado beer or whatever it is. You know, they always have like golden period, refreshing period beer, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: But for this dude's chill is due to the week. We're gonna do a couple different things. First up, we are going to shout out to the Korea Town Senior Center and the Community Center of Los Angeles Harmonica class.
Speaker 4: Why are we shouting them out?
Speaker 1: The LA Kings did Korean Heritage Night last month and had the ladies, these beautiful ladies come play the national anthem on their harmonicas and they won big.
Speaker 2: And now they've been.
Speaker 1: Playing before the playoff games. Yeah, hold on, hit that buzzard again. I really like that buzzard. Or no, that's not even a buzzard. That's the harmonica that sounded like it was a buzzard. The first note that you played like they scored a goal, because it is like scoring a goal celebrating the Korean Heritage Night. Thank you the Course Light for making that night more wonderful too. Feeling good and tipsy and quenching your thirst.
Speaker 2: What a nice cold beer as cold as the Rockies.
Speaker 1: And now they've been playing before the playoff games and LA scored thirteen goals in the first two games, so they gotta win game six tonight. They bring it home for crazy Game seven, and therefore they can bring the ladies back for Game seven as well. So shout out to the La Kings and the Korean Town Senior Community Center of Los Hella Less Harmonica class keep doing it here in Jersey music in the years is heaven.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's heaven in that harmonica.
Speaker 3: And you know, you know, we're Bruins, We're Bruins, We're Bruins Pod, We're Bruins Pod.
Speaker 4: But our Bruins aren't in right now.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: They trade nose face killer. I mean, I don't know what the fuck's.
Speaker 3: Going on over killed their season killed, you know, our little brad Our Merchie Merchie gone.
Speaker 4: We ain't even in the playoffs. The fuck is going on here.
Speaker 3: So we decided to keep our hockey love and LA Kings are on all the time out here, so you know, shout out to them and the Harmonica Ladies of the Korean Town Senior Senator Center forgetting those harmonicas blasting.
Speaker 4: To get them some goals. Go Kings Go, Go Kings go.
Speaker 1: And hey, what about what about a shout out to our boy on the Dallas Stars.
Speaker 2: He's coming back for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Not really sure how he's doing or how the Stars are doing, but I know they're in playoff contention. You know what I'm talking Tyler Sagan, Tyler Sagan, baby having a heck of a career down in Dallas.
Speaker 2: That was our boy when we.
Speaker 1: Were, you know, up in Boston when he was on the Bruins his first couple of years, when he was a young buck, like nineteen twenty twenty one years old. Oh we were at twenty, we were like twenty two, twenty three. And then he got shipped down to the Stars. And he's having a heck of a career down now down there, and Dallas is up three to two right now on the Avalanche, and I'm pretty sure that segment was activated off of the injured list, and he's probably just had a kid, and.
Speaker 3: So congrats Stoll Segs. I think he had a kid a couple months ago.
Speaker 2: Congrats buddy boy.
Speaker 4: Is he grown up and we all grown up. Time has changed and how to grow.
Speaker 2: Up, Jewels.
Speaker 1: If you don't grow up, man, life is gonna be tough. You gotta grow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, the other chill is dude of the week is you callers, right, guys. We love these these awesome call in so let's hit the old chill line and see what you guys are up to. And again that number is five six' one two zero, three five seven eight.
Speaker 4: Nine let's.
Speaker 6: Go, hey this IS i see From texas AND i love your podcast AND i was just wondering how you keep uh the same frame of mind when you're broadcasting from, podcasting because do you ever slip and cuss on? Air so love your, show keep it. Up thanks a.
Speaker 3: Lot it's a really great question because there's times When i'm in you, know the pre production meetings and we're going over the show and you're dropping f and you're, like oh, SHIT i can't FUCKING i can't.
Speaker 4: Say, that you know WHAT i?
Speaker 3: Mean and so there is it is putting on a different, cap your podcast, cap and you're you're you're talking uh with to THE fcc.
Speaker 4: Cap.
Speaker 3: Uh so, yeah it's it's definitely a different. Thing but you Just we've been so trained through our life as pro athletes kind of when we're addressing the media to kind of keep it semi. Clean THAT i HAVE i THINK i have slipped up on air and said something THAT i wasn't supposed.
Speaker 1: To When i'm, Broadcasting, STACY i feel Like i'm on more pins and. Needles you, Know i'm more aware of the situation.
Speaker 2: That i'm on LIVE.
Speaker 1: Tv i'm more presented to not say something outrageous BECAUSE i know it's live and you can't take it. Back and, ALSO i want to be more prepared When i'm, broadcasting because when you're, podcasting you know it's not.
Speaker 2: Live you can.
Speaker 1: Go over some notes right on the. Spot just broadcasting makes sure you want to be on the higher side of, preparation and that's the.
Speaker 2: DIFFERENCE i feel LIKE.
Speaker 4: I love, That, Hey gronk And, joels what's.
Speaker 5: UP i was just, WONDERING i just got a big juicy bonus.
Speaker 4: At, work AND i was looking to take the wife on a, vacation you, know somewhere, nice somewhere good to treat.
Speaker 2: Ourselves AND i.
Speaker 1: Was, wondering what are your favorite vacation?
Speaker 6: Destinations let me.
Speaker 4: Know thanks you, GUY i got.
Speaker 1: Them it was just some OR i just was recently, too in the last few, weeks and that's The. BAHAMAS i feel like it's an easy flight TO. Nasa you can get a direct From florida or From New york or wherever you're coming from, hopefully so it makes it travel. Easy but what's great about The bahamas as well is it's not too far from The United. States and then they got crystal Clear turkcoise ocean, water And i'm a big fan of ocean. WATER i just love that salt water on my. Skin it makes you, Blossom it just makes you. Shine it just takes away the inflammation from the muscles THAT i just love so.
Speaker 3: Much it Makes nikovich think that you're own. Botox, yes it Makes nikovich think.
Speaker 1: That he was commenting in our comment section, saying gronks on. Botox it's BECAUSE i was actually in The bahamas in the sun on a daily basis and in the, ocean in The turkoise, water and it was just making me. Blossom SO i would go To, bahamas Especially baja mar wonderful, place tons of, activities a water, park wonderful, beaches.
Speaker 4: Good, food really good. Food, yes if you, can if you.
Speaker 1: Want if you love jet, skiing love, voting that got all that, too that you can. Rent And i'm telling your wife SHE i, mean what wife doesn't love? Pictures so it's a great spot to take pictures as.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah you, KNOW i think with this particular type of, vacation because it's from a work, bonus you gotta go. Beach you gotta go beach, now regardless if it's in The, bahamas you're gonna the. Keys let me throw a little kicker out there if.
Speaker 2: You want a.
Speaker 3: Little. UH i love The. Bahamas The bohemian. People is that all right to?
Speaker 4: Say is? That they, say, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Fine bohemian.
Speaker 3: Dude they're all so fucking cool every, Time like they're really cool people that are. Chill hawaii gives you that same kind of thing with The hawaiian. LIFESTYLE i also Like cabo Or mexico because we're we're picking places with beautiful. Beaches BUT i Like mexico BECAUSE i like THE i Like mexican. FOOD i like the food In, cabo you. KNOW i like when you get the fresh guacamole and you get the little street tacos and all the Enchalaza LIKE i love all that. Shit but you're not going to go wrong with either of. Those but definitely a beach vacation. Somewhere congrats on your. Bonus keep it, Going, bubbs and this is our last. One let's get our last.
Speaker 4: One, hey this, question this questions were.
Speaker 1: Drownd you, Know i'm an offensive coordinator at a high school.
Speaker 2: Level And i'm thinking a lot.
Speaker 6: RECENTLY i got a big tight, end very athletic like.
Speaker 1: You what does he have to do for me to get him open as well as much as you did in the play action game you slipped. Through he's got a decent.
Speaker 2: QUARTERBACK i want to know WHAT i can do to get him.
Speaker 1: Open, well the biggest, thing coach is to get him to grind in the blocking game to make him a great. Blocker that's What i'm talking. About you AND i love that. Harmonica you got to bring it every single time we. Podcast it just enlightens my. Mode it just brightens my mind WHEN i hear that's music to my.
Speaker 2: Ears so keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Whenever oh there we, go, Baby i'm just tingling right now from my head to my. Toes, Baby and that's What i'm talking. ABOUT i feel LIKE i can dance all night at long and just.
Speaker 2: Tippy tap all over the. Place hit it one more, Time, Jules.
Speaker 1: Oh, coach that's the sound that you want to hear when your tight end releases and it's a play action out of the backfield and, kaboom the quarterback just dumps it right off to your tight. End so get him the, block get him the benass in the blocking, game so every single time that it's a play, action the linebackers are scared of him and step, up you, know to to you, know to stop that run and then. Kaboom he has to have a good feel about where to get open on the play action as. Well it's gonna be different every single time in the play action. Game i'm where to go to because it all depends on how hard the linebacker step up to the line of scrimmage when that play action is going. Down and make sure your quarterback is selling it too in the backfield with the running back and repetition after, repetition so he gets the feel of where he should be out with the quarterback out. There so make him a fierce blocker and then have him have that feel of where he should be on the field with linebackers stepping up to stop the.
Speaker 2: RUN i love, It.
Speaker 4: Jules, yeah you gotta, get you gotta.
Speaker 3: Block the only Reason grunk got it so open because guys were they had to embrace to hit, him and he'd slip right by him because he was.
Speaker 4: There you, know he was such a force in the.
Speaker 2: Block, Gus, right, baby that's.
Speaker 3: Right and that was the chillest dude of the week thanks to our favorite, Beer coors leg Get Coors light delivered straight to your door of is It Coors light dot, com slash.
Speaker 4: Dudes and remember celebrate.
Speaker 3: Responsibly well that's been another episode Of dudes On. Dudes subscribe On Apple, Podcasts, Spotify Amazon, music wherever you listen to your. Podcast come in a dude you want us to do and remember.
Speaker 1: Rate and review and call in and ask us a question on the chill line at five six, one two zero, three five seven eight. Nine and remember to Follow dudes On dudes on, YouTube, instagram as, TikTok and. Snapchat we will see you next. Week dudes On dudes is a production Of. iHeartRadio for more podcasts From, iHeartRadio visit The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcasts or wherever you get your. Podcasts