Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome on in episode one, week one of Off the Edge Podcast with me, your host, your solo artist, if you will, Cam Jordan Man, I'm so blessed and honored to be here to start off my own podcast. What we're gonna be talking about a whole lot of meat, a whole lot of football, a whole lot of weed. We're gonna have some fun. We're gonna talk about what's new. I'm gonna give you some insights on how the game is played because my way, I play old school football and I enjoy good hits. I enjoy peeking over my dog's back knowing who we gonna attack. And that's the quarterbacks, that's the running backs, that's your favorite wide receivers. We don't really talk about office of a lineman, but I'm sure we'll talk about office of lineman. They're the unsung heroes of the game. Man, That's where they should stay as an unsung in the background. Nobody talks about hero and we're gonna talk about you know, this long journey. I've been to the NFL for twelve years. Heading the year thirteen, Week one behind me one and oh it's been good. Let's continue this great ride. I think that we're gonna have, you know, some of the friends pop up. I got guys, I got boys, I got amigos, if you shall, and let's see if they want to pop up and hang out with me for a minute. Maybe we'll talk about a lot of topics. Maybe it'll just be off the top of the Dome or even Off the Edge. Welcoming on end the Cam Jordan's Off the Edge podcast. Wherever you get your podcasts at Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio app wherever else you find them, but don't forget to leave us a five star rating. Check us out. Let's get into it, Yop. I think it's time for Cam's three point stance, the segment where I want to just talk about, you know, a play, a player, a crazy ending, what really happened between the weeks of football. You don't know the highs and lows people and players are going through. Maybe just the general observations of what I see, what I hear, and what I know. So let's go.
Speaker 2: It's time for Cam's three point stance.
Speaker 1: Susie, is this your voice? If that wasn't so Beverly Hills, Oh my nine oh two one, Oh Susie, I'm gonna need you to have a little bit of sweat, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm a valley girl by heart, like Calie girls. So I told Thomas I did not want to do this. We can, we can use AI.
Speaker 1: That was so proper. I loved it, and not even like I love being proper, because I mean, come on, but that was straight Beverly Hills Rodeo drive.
Speaker 3: I think it's safe to say he hates it, Thomas.
Speaker 1: Run me, run me back that segment. Joe, No, no, no, no, I need I need to hear it just so like I can, I can understand the vibe.
Speaker 2: It's time for Cam's three points energy.
Speaker 1: Like you see what I brought. I brought energy. I tried.
Speaker 3: I literally took like fifteen takes.
Speaker 1: That was probably you gave me more energy and your reply to why you didn't like it than what you gave on on the You heard.
Speaker 2: Me, okay, point one.
Speaker 1: Point one? All right, think about this Saints one and oh we like that now way too close for my comfort. But sixteen fifteen Saints Titans. Titans come into our house, our building, our domicile, our stadium, our super dome. Nah, We're gonna defend this home. We're gonna defend this home field advantage. We talk a dome field advantage. If you will, Saints fans packed in, uh, we have a guest captain come out to the middle of the field and we dropped the hammer. By dropping the hammer, that starts off to who that chant? You know you've heard it if you've ever been to a Saints game, if they put it on TV where you can hear the fans going crazy, who that? Who that s Ain't gonna beat them Saints, Jimmy Graham drop that hammer. Jimmy Graham's back on the Saints, and we're more excited than ever. My dog's back.
Speaker 3: What is the difference between the feeling you had as a rookie versus now as a VET.
Speaker 1: When I was a rookie, I was told my role. I was told, Hey, we drafted you to play first down, second down, that's run stopping. Third down is where you have fun. But to get the third down you have to earn it, you understand. Versus a thirteen year vet. I know exactly what's going down. In fact, I'm dictating what's happening in the locker room. At times, I feel like I'm in the know and that's the most important part. Like confidence is key, and I'm confidently keying in on everything else.
Speaker 2: Point two.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers, the University of California, Berkeley. Aaron Rodgers the Jets, formerly of the Packers. Aaron Rodgers ruptured to Kiley's pretty sure this one devastates the Jets got to go back to Zach Wilson. We even had, you know, we even had our own mishap with the turf situation. Guy plants next thing you know, you know, he's he's down, going to the sideline. Hopefully nothing bad comes of it. But turf monsters get you. That's why they call it turf monster, which brings us to this grass versus turf debate. Guys have talked about how the NFL should go to natural grass. They're doing it for soccer, they can do it for football. It's quite easy. Where do I lie? I've always loved turf. I go. I mean, I'm probably going against the grain, but that's because as a defensive lineman, I've got, you know, my hand in the dirt or turf, if you will. And when I'm pushing off and I'm trying to get my best most elite get off I want that grass. I want that turf to be there. When I think about grass, I think about uneven surfaces. I'm thinking about planting, and the grass slips out. Taking off in the grass, and I've tripped on grass plenty of times over at what is a Soldier field over at the Bear Stadium, and I'm taking off and that tougher grass comes out and now just delays my get off. I'm like, yo, I don't slip in turf. But I'm also only going eight to ten yards at max speed before I have to readjust five yards of max me before I have to readjust my angle. Receivers are going ten, fifteen, twenty yards. Quarterbacks are hey, you know, playing off their back leg. Whatever it is to each their own. But if the if the masses, if my compatriots, if my you know, NFL a lums, NFL currents, tell me that they want to go to grass, hey, I'm here for the betterment of what's what's you know, the betterment of our sport. And if that's what it takes, that's what it has to go to. I can adapt. That's what NFL players do best. We adapt. That being said, give me point number three point three. All right, When we talk about big week for defenses, we already talked about the Saints gone marching in and getting that win, but we didn't talk about Marcus May, Pauls and a Debo, Marshawn Lattimore, other New Orleans Saints each getting an interception. WHOA, that's three of them. Thanks, we'd love to see it for our defense. I mean, each and every time I look back, I know that these dudes are doing their best to lock their opponents their matchups down. And when you have a secondarya that that's going to eat like that, it's so much fun to be part of that front seven. The defensive line three sacks in great time. I got a half sack Brian Berzee, our rookie, phenomenal half sack, Pete Warner from the Ohio State number twenty for our defense getting the half sack. Then of course we have oh man Carl Grandison defensive end opposite side of me. That's my dog. One to a half sacks into the game. It was a phenomenal defensive effort. But we talked about just big week for defenses across the board. We had three players had three sacks in Week one. First time that's ever happened in twenty five years. I'm just like I heard it. I had to look at it is that?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Whatever? It is? Just no Josh Allen three sacks, TJ Watt three sacks, Drake Jackson three sacks. But also in first round, top tier, Will Anderson of the Houston Texans gets his first sack, also like six also a TfL two quarterback EDGs. He shows up not just a couple of pressures, like half a dozen. I see you, hey. I liked him coming out of Alabama. My guy mark Ingram used to talk highly of him and I started tuning in. I like his game, had a chance to have a preseason game against him, talk to him after the game. I like the mindset the young man has. And if he keeps eating like this, you will all remember his name because you already know it. First round pick, top five. That being said, you're gonna remember his name.
Speaker 2: That was Cam's three point stands.
Speaker 1: When we come back, got somebody special coming on tapping in with me and Off the Edge Cam Jordan's and we're back. We're talking through cams Off the Edge podcast. But where would I be if I don't even acknowledge. You know where I'm coming from. Trust levels the podcast. It was a thing and now it's not a thing.
Speaker 4: It's rip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still thought we need to throw you know what I'm saying. We the poort went out for what we had. Uh. And when I say we, I mean I do have my brother from another mother V mark ingram mark e v number two. You know the second if you shall. My man has sired the third already. He is son of the first. We talked about. Twelve season in the NFL. He's been with the New Orleans Saints where he got drafted twenty eighth overall. Then he went to the Ravens where he had a thousand yard season with El Freaky Lamar Jackson, which is one of his Pro Bowls. That was twenty nineteen. Then it comes. Then he goes to the Texans for a brief stint to come back to the New Orleans Saints. My dog ain't done, but he been doing it so long they have to put all types of respects on his name. Heisman Trophy winner two thousand and nine in college. Got to know where he was supposed to be is recorded over eight thousand yards sixty five tuddies in his career and tuddies. Please know it's tuddies and touchdowns, you know them things that you work so hard for. Who my dad, MBI, you know what it is, Bro, always love.
Speaker 5: You've always been the coldest, the colders with the intros.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 4: You don't never fail. You always the colders with the intros. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bro, it's weird trying to host my own thing because like normally I could sit there and talk to you and we can vibe out, and now I'm talking to a camera.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, it's okay, Man blessings.
Speaker 5: Hey Man, doors open, doors closed, but you know what, we always elevated. The doors is always going up. You feel me, Man climbing upstairs, doors opening. We're climbing up to the most stairs. They closed, but you keep climbing up to keep opening, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So Man, absolutely, Hey, I'm all here for for major blessings. Uh, you know, and I love I love seeing what you what you're doing. Bro, I can't even call it transition because you're not transitioning. Tell the world that you you are not done. Like people keep asking me, like, hey, so Mark retired, no market and retired. He's he's elevating his status. My man is out here working out on a shred mill somewhere right now, waiting for waiting for a contender to call.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I'm super content with my job, man, I have I'm blessed to have the opportunity.
Speaker 4: To work with an amazing network, having a way amazing job.
Speaker 5: I'm going yeah, campus is it's partying, like bro, It's a blessing to be able to, you know.
Speaker 4: Have the opportunity that's been presented to me.
Speaker 1: But I don't know about it.
Speaker 5: Big big new, big, big new, big vibes.
Speaker 4: The Raid is going crazy.
Speaker 5: Ay, the number one show on Saturday mornings for you man, every morning Fox ten am Eastern time.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm trying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, man, you know I'm still in shame, still, you know, elevating, you know, motivating and appreciating, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So uh no, you know everybody says that you.
Speaker 5: Retiring, like doesn't people like officially retire like they say they retired. I haven't said that. No work, and I'm still grinding. And we'll see, man, when that when that.
Speaker 4: Playoff picture get crystal clear?
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody might need somebody to come tote that tater real properly.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know who to call?
Speaker 4: All this.
Speaker 1: What you want? You went the Alabama heightsman in the sky, you know, like a back call. But oh, Adam Heisman, can you come come help us?
Speaker 4: Just ring the ring, the heids and the bell, throw it in the sky. Let me know. Oh they need me, they need me? Okay, need it?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, I love what you're doing on on on the TV spot film. You know, we will always know that you are the most electric guy in a locker room. Like you're blessing for others and blessing to others. But bro, you also blessed what's that man's name? Destroying? And that's that's And you've only been on You've only been on the Big Noon Kickoff for two weeks. Week number two you went viral Week number one. It should it was subtle, but you you all keep truck one of your co hosts. Well, bro, you two for two? Where can you go? Hey, knock a co host? He didn't go down, destroyed destroy he destroy key listen.
Speaker 4: Week one was my fault.
Speaker 5: Man, I got under the lights. He handed me the rock. I got a little excited, so that was on me.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, your man's trying to call it back. He said, no, I meant you right here, he said.
Speaker 4: He said, get your ass over here. I'm like, oh damn, I said, he'll bro here a veteran. He didn't call World Cup. He cussed me on air.
Speaker 5: I said, oh damn, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I just got a little too excited. I wasn't gon let you fall. I had you. I had you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that was on me.
Speaker 4: I take the blame for that. But destroying.
Speaker 5: He tried to play with me like like like he did the little walk ball. He did the little walk ball stuff, tried to jam me up, like real physical type.
Speaker 1: I'm like a lord.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then I hemmed him up. And then at the end of that he was like, I want to talk you. I'm like, bro, you want to taple me?
Speaker 1: Bro off the walk ball talk.
Speaker 5: I'm like, but you got cameras out here, people out here. So at first I just joked him like like just consider right.
Speaker 4: He's like, man, what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You're running away?
Speaker 4: You scared? Like you can't run over me.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: He's like he's like oh, He's like he.
Speaker 1: Was like he tried. He tried your manhood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm like, I'm thinking this man got bad intentions really trying to tackle me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you ain't finna make me the laughing stock of the world. You dump me or something. So I went in there how I would, and somebody said with me king, So I ran in there like I would if somebody was trying to really tackle me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you ain't finite.
Speaker 5: I got a son, I got best friends that got their own podcast. You ain't finna have me the lock the stock of the whole world, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I got a son that looks up to me, and he'll stay looking up to me.
Speaker 4: Ain't Mark three? I seen your daddy got dumped on kicktok negative.
Speaker 5: Negative happening with me? But so we did that, but he was playing the frank. I'm like, but I'm not the one to play with. Don't play with me, dog like I don't like that.
Speaker 1: So you know, you play play with toys, play with your friends, don't play with marky v.
Speaker 4: F around.
Speaker 1: There's an angle beer look. Yeah, yeah, so this is this is all? Why this is all why you get you getta You're calling like you're helping the call set up the Colorado games, which I want to pivot just to that because I know there we go on and on about somebody trying Mark got Mark got pride. For those that don't know, my dog stands on his pee. Pride pressure. You know it's it's one of the same for me, pre premium pressure. Apply it, apply it, yeah, sir, So you got to cover the two Colorado games, right, yep?
Speaker 5: So we cut we uh the first one we did a Thursday night little pre you know, a little pre get right Minnesota and the brass Nebraska Minnesota, and then we flew straight to Fort Worth. We had that game Colorado at TCU, crazy electric atmosphere.
Speaker 4: They went in there, back and forth. Game Colorado. Come out with it, you know.
Speaker 1: From from the from the runner ups of last year National Championship, from the runner ups number two, Yes, yes, from number two, go straight in there and get the w shador sants over five hundred yards Travis Hunter one hundred and forty snaps.
Speaker 4: He got one hundred yards on offense.
Speaker 1: Be On dubbed him as him.
Speaker 5: Him, duncan him hardaway, Joe Kim Noha.
Speaker 4: No, but yeah, he is him. And then just be able to go to Colorado.
Speaker 5: I mean that's the biggest game for them since they want a title, what nineteen ninety or something some crazy stuff like that. In all thirty years and twenty thirty years something like that, the biggest game that was the electric, big party out there, and they it was good because they had to.
Speaker 4: They kind of was tested early on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: The Braskat kind of was like, you know, playing them tough, right, tough, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: The offense had a couple turnovers.
Speaker 5: The defense, I mean, uh, Colorado defense is able to you know, be opportunistic to create a couple of turnovers.
Speaker 4: They went in with the lead and then Shador Samerson that offense got rolling. Yeah, they run off with it. They ran off with it.
Speaker 2: So bro is it?
Speaker 1: Is it weird to look at like college football again, like we watch it, but during the league, like while we're in the NFL, we only get to see bits and pieces of of college college because like you're working the four walkthroughs. You can't watch it because we're in meetings before walk throughs. After like we're running back to see after walkthroughs. Then we got to go home be whatever we do at home to then get to hotel Saturday night to try and watch a little bit of the you know you're alum game, which Alabama is typicalarly, typically a late night game Kallas. Sometimes a late night game, very far few between. But it's like you got meetings there too, and then you gotta, you know, you gotta try and watch watch your team, and if it's too late, you gotta I guess I'll just tap in them. All right, I need to sleep because we got a twelve o'clock kick off.
Speaker 4: My site, but up seven am.
Speaker 5: No, but you're right, man, Like it was strange, and now I got to follow the whole landscape of college football because we cover various games, various conferences obviously Fox.
Speaker 4: You know we're Big ten and Big twelve in.
Speaker 5: PAC twelve, which will be no longer next year, which is crazy to think about.
Speaker 1: PAC twelve is gone.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's dead.
Speaker 1: We went from pack eight to Pack ten with PA twelve.
Speaker 5: The PAC twelve was about to be dead, and they got like five teams in the top twenty five.
Speaker 4: Right now they.
Speaker 1: Got we're going out with a bang.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're going out with a bang, man. But yeah, it's different. Man, because you know, obviously no sec I know Alabama, but now just learning the whole landscape of college football. You know, that's a challenge getting back into it and learning that. But it's got a great crew.
Speaker 4: You know. They always locked me in, get me the research ideed.
Speaker 5: I'm able to talk to the people I need to talk to studying up, so give me heads up, like the topics we're gonna be speaking about.
Speaker 4: So I just got a great supporting cast that helps me, never puts me in.
Speaker 5: A position to fail. You know what it is, man, It's more than just a team thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It's a whole bunch of my producers.
Speaker 5: Man, research, my my, my colleagues on the desk, everyone just encouraging me, supporting me, pouring into me.
Speaker 4: Nobody's being haters. Man. That makes you feel wanted, That makes you feel accepted, and that makes you be able to, you know, thrive and perform at a high level.
Speaker 5: So I'm thankful for everyone, this whole support cast, Aroma because it's definitely a challengeable.
Speaker 4: With them around me, it makes it a lot easier, man.
Speaker 1: And I'm just gonna throw that out there, uh n b I. We talked about this on the phone already. I said, Bro, you've already ridden a horse. Ere the crowd served you the truck, your your own co host, and somebody else's kid, Like somebody mama watched their son do a sit my back flip on the ground. You raised your son to do crazy stuff, no doubt, dude, he's as good dude. He's a good dude. I'm saying, somebody, some of my mama's son does sink this that happened.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, mama destroyed?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then but what else can what else is next? You know what I'm saying. Like, but also what was the vibe like versus so now you've been to two stadiums, three stadiums, what was what was the vibe?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How's that? How's that energy difference from TCU? You know last year's runner ups playing Colorado, TACU sells out every time. Now Colorado who sowd out? They were preceded the summer game, the summer the summer camp game, and then sold out every game beyond. Since you know Dion has has become the head coach. What is what is his presence affected Colorado? Which I think that's clear, But like what is the difference in that in those stadius plus the one you did previous two starting off the weeks.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm telling you all of them are are lit. I mean we was at Minnesota, Nebraska, Minnesota. Do you think Minnesota? That whole thing was was lit. Dog, They turned that stadium out. It was a gold out.
Speaker 5: So they won the game and went they it went down to the last a kickoff to i mean a field goal to win the game, and the place was lit. And we go straight to TCU. They you know, excited momentum. They tasted some success last year. They placed was sold out. The whole set, big noon booming, like you know, they partying out there, cowboy hats, like drinking, like music.
Speaker 4: They turned up on crowdsurfing, you know what I mean. It was lit. But then like.
Speaker 5: You go to Colorado, it's the biggest game they had in thirty years, the prime effect, Like that was the biggest set that probably they said it was the biggest set ever.
Speaker 4: But it was crazy. They was packed out since four am. Bro, they was out at the set four am.
Speaker 5: Like we get to the set, Bro, it's thirty deep, like forty way back there, Bro, people throwing beers on our on our little demo field. Right, it was crazy man. Twice the Bills was out there. Prime came on the set. They was lit.
Speaker 4: Uh, man, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You remember that? You remember that as a as a college kid, like when you had the big new kick a kickoff or whatever whatever the game is. Yeah, like whatever that Prime show is as a as a college kid, you don't see none of that, right, it was college kid, you like, Uh, we got a game today. So we came from a hotel and we go. We walked right in. Like you don't even see, like you're not even taking in what's happening.
Speaker 5: Man, it's crazy man, Like they come out there and they party, there's music, there's a DJ, they live.
Speaker 1: You gonna partake, You gotta partake? Now, come on, man, did you did you finally get to get a little bit of that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't even what's the thing that when they you know, when when people get to party pregame before game. I've heard about him.
Speaker 4: I ain't tail game, but I've been in the tailgate.
Speaker 1: I'm working, but the it's right there.
Speaker 5: I'm working inside the tailgate and I'm working amongst the confinance.
Speaker 4: Of the other tailgate. So they tail game.
Speaker 5: But I'm really working, like you know what I mean, fly TV right here, y'all working, turn it up, trying to turn over with y'all. You know, But uh no, it's a blessing, bro. It doesn't even feel like work.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: What an amazing opportunity, man, to be able to leave football but yet be so close to football. You know, it's great, man, And Prime is taking a swagger and a confidence and a whole different level of college football, not only college football, but the Colorado many. They loving it out there, man, And he gonna do his thing out there. Man, He's gonna do a thing out there.
Speaker 1: So they then already run won as many games they probably had in the last three year.
Speaker 4: They double up. They were one game last year. They didn't double that already.
Speaker 1: Like double up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell, came in away. He said, My bag is Louis, he said, he.
Speaker 5: Said, he said, if you don't like, he better jumping that portal because I'm bringing.
Speaker 4: My luggage with me. He said.
Speaker 5: It's a few positions we got taken care of, and I'm bringing my luggage and it's Louis. Yeah, hey, hey, and his luggage is shining out there right now, Travis n Sanders, Man, come on, man, Dylan Edwards. They got four receivers man fire receivers. One I'm not even playing. He coming off injury. So they just got dogs at the scale positions. I think they got to kind of upgrade the interior line. They've been getting the ball ran on them a little bit. So I think I think you got to play the top notch teams in that division. USC Oregon, you know, Washington, I think you don't be I think you're gonna have to hold up on the line of scrimmage a little better. So they'll keep getting better though, they'll keepetting. They got a great coaching staff.
Speaker 1: What's your next game?
Speaker 5: So we're going back to Colorado this weekend. We go on doubling down. Hey, we got little Wayne performing on the set. We got Gronk on the set. Bro, We're going crazy, dog.
Speaker 4: We got I'm doubling back to this.
Speaker 1: Big big Noon is transforming into a big Tailgate, but big, big, big turn up.
Speaker 4: Hey, big new big ve big ve Co forwards. If you if you ain't in the location, make sure you got to tune on ten am Eastern All Fox with us.
Speaker 5: Wayne coming on the set this week. He doing a little performance. But you know that's a little shit. That's a little but it hurt me. But I'm gonna give it to Off the Edge. I'm gonna give it to Off the Edge and Camp George because you know it's elite.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna let you be done with your college joint. But just let's let's let's finish this last little pt. I'm gonna let you go back to the kids, because I know you're a phenomenal dad.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: You be at every kid's practice. You be out your daughter's gymnast practice, soccer practice. You'd be a little little three's football practice. You an have him as a dad and I part taking one every out of four events. I'd be like, I got to elevate my dad's syatus.
Speaker 4: That is working, man, Dad is working. That is inches.
Speaker 1: So when you say we only got.
Speaker 5: Two off days, you got Monday, you got Tuesday, any other day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you in schools on Monday and Tuesday and off day. You go on you're traveling doing a community uh activism, you know, and you're off days. So it's like you ain't got much time when you're playing ball.
Speaker 5: That's why it was a blessing to be able to have this job, because I'm able to spend more time my kids, spend more time my family. I'm able to, you know, take my son to tea ball. I'm able to go to my daughter soccer tournaments. I'm able to, uh, you know, take my daughter acting or gymnastics or whatever it may be.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm able to.
Speaker 5: Be a little bit more present as opposed to like, you know, you're president at home, but even when you're even when you're in the league, like when you get home, you got some body work, you're tired, you got power practor you got you gotta stay after for needles, so you don't get home till a little later.
Speaker 1: You gotta read, you gotta look, you gotta read up on some contracts that do come through. You got you something always going down with the house. It's like all these other things. Like I literally been gone from eight to five and it's all my time is up and plus bodyworks, so eight to seven, like you trying to get it in with the kids. You're like, I'm tired, but I need to play with you. Ye and then wife, you hit you with it. We haven't talked because I'm tired, and that's what all season for. But you know what, you're right, you deserve this. I give you everything, So let's talk. Yeah. Hey, oh yeah, I heard you even listening to me. You're done, You're done, hey, But anyway, get beyond that, bro. So when you do come back, you know, when a team do call, we're gonna talk about the current state of the running back market because it's getting sad. Like you're coming back because you love the game. You're not coming back for the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not coming back for the chips. I'm coming back for the ships. Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm coming back.
Speaker 1: For the ship because you got Sa Kuan. You know the tag. The tag was ten to one sa Kuon Barkley at eleven. Derrick Henry signed his deal multiple years ago at fifteen and that and that's been the top of the market, like they you know, like the defensive ends. There was there was Aaron the Edge, there was Aaron Donald at thirty one and a half, and then Nick Bosa just kicked the door down with thirty four million a year ap y. So you know, the markets are supposed to go up and yet so running back market went up. And then there was Derek he Bree and Christian McCaffrey, Alba Kamara, and then they said do do do do. Then there was you know, Melvin Gordon and somebody else. Then it said do do do, And now there's new wave of running backs sitting at ten point one franchise tag Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Taylor, you know, sa Kwan Barkley. The guys who are supposed to elevate that bar or at least meet it at minimum, are not. And it's like, why is that running back market deteriorating? When if you saw what happened with New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys, you need like your premium, your stable, your steed, your noble you to thorough back power everything the lifeblood of of of your offense. Search with your running back. It's crown game. He air game.
Speaker 5: Hey, I used to love when I'll be telling that thing. You see the defense over their hype. You know, you get tagged, you go for a first down defense, be old there. You look at squad like, yeah, the squad like, but it's just it's it's unfortunate, bro. You know, it's a narrative being created by whatever owners GMS. Some of the people in some people in the media that want to want to double down on it, who never played, you know, they just want to be followers like they have been their whole life. But I mean, you have every every position gets you know, compensated for their production.
Speaker 4: You know, you produce, you're a good professional.
Speaker 5: You're on time, you work your butt off, you do good at the community, you're a good teammate, and you know you play well on the field.
Speaker 4: You typically, you know, get compensated for that.
Speaker 5: But now the running back, they say, like, okay, all right, we had Josh Jacobs five years, you know, four years, we pick up his fifth year option.
Speaker 4: Now we're going to tag him two more years. Now.
Speaker 5: They don't want to get you a big deal. You know, it's just unfortunate. Like they gave Daniel Jones one hundred and sixty million. I think Daniel Jones is you know, it's a fishing quarterback.
Speaker 1: But it's good.
Speaker 4: But look at his record.
Speaker 1: But he's not your defending he's not your defending.
Speaker 5: Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady. You need a running game to help you out, and you need a running game. Look at the Jets last night. I mean Aaron Rodgers goes out, Breece Hall is going off, Breis Hall is toting that thing like properly. He out the backfield, catching the ball, Bryce, stepping up, stepping up, picking up pass pro, all that stuff that doesn't go on the stat sheet, that pass pro, that chip block.
Speaker 4: For the alignment.
Speaker 5: But all his runs do, all his receiving yards do. They're valuable to a team beyond measure. So when you have an elite running back, it elevates your offensive game, and it elevates your team's.
Speaker 1: It opens everything up. If you got an eight or let's talk about to this run, let's talk about the Coats.
Speaker 4: You have Jonathan Taylor. You have your all pro running back. You have a good chance to beat the Jaguars.
Speaker 5: In Week one, and you're helping your You're helping your young rookie quarterback get comfortable. Your job is to take some stress off of him, takes him off of his plate. Guess how you do that by adding it to your all pro running back.
Speaker 4: But no, you want to be stingy.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's it's it's criminal, it's atrocious, it's not fair. Every other franchise tag since twenty fifteen has went up, the running back has went down, like you said, and it's just extremely unfortunate that they feel that the running back is expendable because a special runner makes plays like Bjon Robinson did catching the box.
Speaker 1: He caught that thing and then and then ate some yak. Yes, hey had the finish come down. You know, he from Arizona. So having a root for him fifteen times out the year the mother two times.
Speaker 5: We ain't never ruined for no falcons, but I did see him catch that thing. Bree Hall, Breeze Hall went off last night. Special runners deserve to be treated as such as special players, and they get to be paid a special players.
Speaker 4: So come on, gim come on, owners, Quit them being hater us, quit being playing haters. Don't hate to play and hate the game. You know what I'm talking about? Absolutely absolutely?
Speaker 1: Hey you see what you see what cam City did? Oh we locked? Hey Chris, how you feeling, big dog? So hey, what's gonna take you to?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Make football? Ken's City football for you? Big dog?
Speaker 5: Hey, we see you serious now he shot to finished suite and watched us.
Speaker 4: We see you ain't playing. We need to do to get what we need to do.
Speaker 1: Get it done, and we'll worry about everything else after this year. But let's get this year done. I'm just gonna take care of your special players.
Speaker 4: Regards to carry your special players.
Speaker 5: I love Austin Ekler getting paid less than some of the two and three receivers on this team. He has the second most catches last year, catches like, come on, man, elevated. Yeah, compensate these men for what they're doing for your team and they're good human beings and professionals, do things the right way.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, pay these guys absolutely.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, my boy, thanks for tapping me with me. You know what I'm saying. It's weird not you know, not throwing up the trust levels, but.
Speaker 5: We're always throwing up the trust and levels, and that's for life.
Speaker 1: He started off on this man's couch and now he's he's joining my podcast. It's sorry. He probably won't be the last time. I'm probably gonna get lonely up here and I'm gonna call my dog, so y'all gonna have to deal with them again. That is the mark ingram. You know, Saints all time leading rusher will be eventually one day on. You know he is a part of Saints rushmore, but we'll be in the Saints Ring of Bonn or will be a Saints Hall of Famer. Uh will be every thing that the Saints ever wanted to do with the running back.
Speaker 5: He's that guy and it's a blessing and then honor to be out off the edge, Cam off the edge with Cam Jay. Yeah, all decade, the Fusterre, first ballot, Hall of Famer, word Father, the Walter Peyton Man that Yeah, I'm calling it in Jesus' name.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, my dog, Appreciate you. Brother. When we tap back in, I'll be giving him my Gladiator of the week. Tune in and we're back. This part of the show will give you a player balled out. I want to show some love to maybe those that you don't know, or maybe those that you do know that gave you a legendary performance in this last week's game. This is Cam's Gladiator of the week.
Speaker 4: Now Cam's Gladiator of the week.
Speaker 1: Are you not entertained man? Glad? The other week? I mean there's some many these cheers from if you talk about a guy like TJ. Watt three sacks, a guy like Josh Allen three sacks. We talk about Miles Garrett acting like he was hooping lining up over a center to get a pressure in a game. But I'm here for like a legendary type performance. You know, three sacks was done by three different players this past week. You know what wasn't done Three interceptions by one player. The Saints had Marshawn Lattimore, Pauls and the debo Marcus May interception, interception and interception three in the game. I was like, man, they're bawling. It's talk about Jordan Whitehead the New York Jets. Three interceptions in the game, picked.
Speaker 6: Up on the far sideline like Jordan Whitehead number three, he's picked off. The Buffalo quarterback pipped the forty three of the Jets on the far sideline with a one jing and pick.
Speaker 1: Wow, safety coming down. Extremely rare. Man, Look I'm watching it. I'm watching in the game, and I'm hearing he made his player his incentives and sinners in the contract. Week one. Oh, they ain't see that coming. He deserved. That must be the money, Hey, get your money money. That's phenomenal that it's gotta be the most impactful player. Week one. I mean three interceptions in a game. I'm not saying it's unheard of, but I feel like it's rare. That's rare air. Hey, I see my boy. He shout out in salute. You did that, glad here of the week. That's you, my boy. Man. As I wrap up this show talking to y'all talking about my guy mark Ingram the second, you know, fathered to the third, son of the first. That's my dog. That's my brother from another mother. I for real, for real started playing in New Orleans. I started out sleeping on his couch and his little condo situation townhouse. That's where I started. I love that I'm able to start off off the edge with Cam Jordan, with my guys blessings. We're gonna make many more blessings. We're gonna talk about many more football players. We're gonna have so many for other people on the show. But for episode one, week one, we're gonna start off the right way with blessed vibes, good vibes, taking vibes to other levels. You know it is what it is. I'm Cam Jordan. You're sitting here off the edge with Cam Jordan, and just tap in if you want to there's gonna be plenty more meat, plenty more weeks. Tap in, because there's gonna be plenty more weeks of fun sitting with me, talking about football, talking about current events. We may bring in different sections and have different types of fun, but I appreciate y'all for tapping in. Go ahead leave a review, hit the five star rating. Follow us on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Tap in with me, Cam Jordan off the This is Off the Edge with Cam Jordan