Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing belt on this stock mover's report, the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovack, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: In today's trade, almost an even number of winners and losers, if I may say it that way, two hundred and twenty seven names in the S and P five hundred gaining in the Friday trade, Emily two hundred and seventy six to the downside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i't we take a look at the circle here. You only had one, two, three, four, five, five of the major SMP sectors five the eleven in degree today and the outside move was actually in real estate, a one point two percent move for that group higher. And we should just point out the second best gainer in that area was industrials, and that was only half half of those gains. Tech not doing anything on the day, healthcare in the red.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's get to some of the individual gainers, if I may. In today's session, got to talk about semiconductors again, some outperformance there in the trade ASML holding. Morgan Stanley laying out its bullish case for why investors should buy the stock, saying in the most optimistic scenario of the stock is a seventy percent rally ahead as chip maker's ramp up spending to meet soaring demand for artificial intelligence. So you saw ASML up about two percent in the trade, and I got to mention semiconductors.
Speaker 4: They continued to be on a tear.
Speaker 3: They as a group overall most names in that index higher, the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index up more than one percent in today's session. All right, let's go to Ast Space Mobile shares soaring in today's session. You saw that one up about fourteen percent, up nineteen percent at its highs intra day, but again outperformance. The other satellite internet company was given prime contract position for the US Missile Defense Agency's Shield program, something the program the President has talked about.
Speaker 4: It is connected, of course to his Golden Dome.
Speaker 3: F for stock up about sixty percent here to date seventy seventeen percent. Excuse me of the float is short, but again some outperformance.
Speaker 4: I want to mention a bui the Golden Dome.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: To protect in terms of missiles coming in. Oh, this idea of like fighting back to this to me, okay, move it a lot.
Speaker 5: I think they cut your Microman.
Speaker 4: Immunity bio tickers IBRX.
Speaker 3: That one up, check it out, guys, up almost forty percent in today's session. It's a five point two billion dollar market cap company, extending its advance for an eleventh straight session. It's a record streak company giving efficacy results from a clinical cancer trial for patients with a type of cancer that affects the lymphatic system. So really some outperformance there based on that trial. And I got to talk a little bit about the power sector, talking about it all day. I'm sure you guys have as well. Today President Trump moving to make tech giants pay for surging power costs. And I also have been trying to figure out the win and losers in here. And geve Renova was certainly one maker of natural gas turbines and was seeing this as one of the winners. And you saw GeV Vernova up more than six percent in today's session.
Speaker 4: Now to the losers.
Speaker 6: What she said losers and pointed right in Mary, that's okay. I'm glad you ended with g Vernova because that's exactly where I want to start, we didn't see. We saw some stocks move lower as a result of this move from the White House Constellation Energy Group. Look at this at the bottom of the S and P five hundred down nine point eight percent, worst performer. We've been talking about this all day. That move that caused ge Vernova shares to move higher, caused some of the large power generation companies to move lower. Supply and demand here, if more power is available, if there is more supply, then prices could drop, and you know these companies would not benefit as a result. But Josh Saul on our program earlier reminding us this type of thing years out. Infrastructure takes a very long time to be built in the US. But still this is the immediate share reaction that we saw. Also, the Mosaic Company shares falling today. This after the company reported a significant decline in North American fertilizer demand. In the fourth quarter of twenty twenty five. Phosphate sales volume fell out about one point three million tons, shares falling today by about four point five percent. And finally, looking at Draft Kings and Flutter Entertainment, the publicly traded companies in the sports betting industry DraftKings following eight percent flutter. The parent company of fan dueled down six point three percent today. This after weekly data from the New York State Gambling Gaming Commission showed that the revenue from online sports gambling fell during the NFL's wild Card weekend, it typically attracts more betters to games. This decline comes at the same time the volume of sports wagers on competing prediction market platforms grows. You can you know you don't just bet on the new FED share Romaine, bet on the.
Speaker 5: New fed share on poly market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't do that.
Speaker 5: You bet on NFL outcomes too.
Speaker 4: You're betting on how many people Taylor invites to you her wedding? Is that what you're betting on?
Speaker 5: You bet on how many times Romaine is going to interrupt? Carrol? Oh, what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Just root for the Bears se so Taylor Swift, okay, because you threw me off there you're talking about Jim Wheeler. I was like, by the way, the wedding of the year, the wedding of the year, Yes, thank you, tea wigs yields, can we get to yields here?
Speaker 5: They move higher?
Speaker 1: And that is significant here because we talk about a market that overall seems to think that through the course of this year, yields will move lower, but at least for right now, moving higher on the day and on the.
Speaker 2: Week the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.